In the spotlight - Action Jackson [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - Action Jackson

Pages : [1] 2

Naranoc
12-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Ah, I know Bachelor Dandy was keen on making this one, but I got the go-ahead first :rocker2:

Ask poor questions at your peril.

1) Why were you initially reluctant about having a spotlight thread?
2) Who's the most idiotic person you've ever worked with?
3) Would you ever consider striking up a conversation with X?
4) Which player forum would you never enter regardless of how much you were paid to do so?
5) What's been your favourite ACC so far?
6) When is MTF at its finest and actually worth spending time on?
7) Which meal could you never get bored of eating? And what's the best way to make prepare some lamb for a barbecue?
8) Fangirlism or bandwagon hopping - which annoys you more and why?
9) What's the most amusing moment you've ever witnessed on a tennis court?
10) Should I cut down on my use of smilies?

That should be enough for now :p

Bibberz
12-07-2008, 10:32 AM
(1) How long have you lived in Australia?

(2) What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

(3) Including any past accounts and deleted posts, how many separate times have you posted on MTF? A rough estimate is fine.

(4) Besides “Pussy Galore,” which Bond girl had the best name?

(5) If you had to choose one of the following songs to play continuously in your head for 16 hours per day (at a fairly low volume) for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Simply Red – “Holding Back the Years”
Q Lazzarus – “Goodbye Horses” (i.e. Buffalo Bill’s special song from Silence of the Lambs :hearts:)
Vanilla Ice – “Ninja Rap”
Europe – “Final Countdown”
Cher – “Believe”
Eric Carmen – “All By Myself”
Lou Bega – “Mambo #5”
Steve Perry – “Oh Sherry”
Cyndi Lauper – “She Bop”
Color Me Badd – “I Wanna Sex U Up”

bokehlicious
12-07-2008, 10:39 AM
1) beer or wine?
2) brunettes or blondes?
3) tennis or football?
4) Summer or Winter?
5) Porsche or Mercedes?

the biscuit
12-07-2008, 10:54 AM
1) Do you have many regrets concerning the way you've lived, the decisions you've made?
2) Having a black eye or a bruised rib?
3) Not have a starter or not have a dessert?
4) What's your all-time favorite tv-show?
5) Last time you were embarrassed?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Fucking hell so many questions.

Eden
12-07-2008, 11:30 AM
1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?
3) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
4) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
5) What's the current best match up in tennis and which was the best one in the past?
6) If you could change the outcome of one tennismatch which one would it be?
7) Who is/was the best coach in tennis?
8) Who would you like to see responsible in Swedish tennis young talent work?
9) Who is the most underestimated player on the tour now and who was it in the past?
10) What's the best soccer match of all time?
11) Who is/was your favourite German soccer player and German national team chef?
12) What’s your philosophy of life?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 11:50 AM
1) Why were you initially reluctant about having a spotlight thread?

There are more worthy and interesting people on here, that are worth discovering, plus the likelihood of getting moronic questions and idiots wanting to start stuff.

2) Who's the most idiot person you've ever worked with?

There are many of them who'd fit that role, but it takes all kinds.

3) Would you ever consider striking up a conversation with X?

Not sure.

4) Which player forum would you never enter regardless of how much you were paid to do so?

Gilles Simon.

5) What's been your favourite ACC so far?

The initial idea was a joint one between adeegee and myself, the first one will do for now.

6) When is MTF at its finest and actually worth spending time on?

Even among the drivel, there are some good moments throughout my time on year. Having some quality discussions about different subjects, though these aren't as often as it should be. Things change with the respective fanbases, but the world evolves.

7) Which meal could you never get bored of eating? And what's the best way to make prepare some lamb for a barbecue?

Ice cream isn't a meal, but I don't get bored of pasta. As for preparing lamb marinate it overnight and just use a bit of salt before putting on the barbeque, but this not my greatest area of expertise.

8) Fangirlism or bandwagon hopping - which annoys you more and why?

Fangirlism is annoying for sure, more people tend to grow out of that. Bandwagon hopping is worse, it's like I just want to follow someone who is good or the in thing, in some cases it's like they haven't been exposed to the particular individual or group which is fair enough, but don't get off the wagon when they aren't doing well, it's easy to support something or someone when going well.

9) What's the most amusing moment you've ever witnessed on a tennis court?

Too many to name just one, probably when I was playing a league match and I was ready to hit a forehand and the guy on the next court screams "Stop hooking me you fucking cheat" and missed the ball. My opponent and I watched the events unfold on the next court as the other players were about to go the knuckle.

10) Should I cut down on my use of smilies?

No.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 11:57 AM
(1) How long have you lived in Australia?

About 6 years.

(2) What’s the worst job you’ve ever had?

Doing a job having to write down licence plate numbers leaving a transport facility, it only lasted a week.

Telemarketing would have been the worst, had I accepted the mission.

(3) Including any past accounts and deleted posts, how many separate times have you posted on MTF? A rough estimate is fine.

(4) Besides “Pussy Galore,” which Bond girl had the best name?

There is no other.

(5) If you had to choose one of the following songs to play continuously in your head for 16 hours per day (at a fairly low volume) for the rest of your life, which would you choose?

Simply Red – “Holding Back the Years”
Q Lazzarus – “Goodbye Horses” (i.e. Buffalo Bill’s special song from Silence of the Lambs :hearts:)
Vanilla Ice – “Ninja Rap”
Europe – “Final Countdown”
Cher – “Believe”
Eric Carmen – “All By Myself”
Lou Bega – “Mambo #5”
Steve Perry – “Oh Sherry”
Cyndi Lauper – “She Bop”
Color Me Badd – “I Wanna Sex U Up”

Out of that lot, it would be the Final Countdown.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
1) beer or wine?
2) brunettes or blondes?
3) tennis or football?
4) Summer or Winter?
5) Porsche or Mercedes?

- Beer

- Neither

- Football

- Summer because the women wear less clothing and winter is fun as well.

- Skoda

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 12:08 PM
1) Do you have many regrets concerning the way you've lived, the decisions you've made?
2) Having a black eye or a bruised rib?
3) Not have a starter or not have a dessert?
4) What's your all-time favorite tv-show?
5) Last time you were embarrassed?

1. Not really, things have happened for a particular reason at that time, sure it might not have turned out the way I wanted, but can't regret them.

2. Yes

3. Depends on how I feel, less likely to have desert.

4. I don't really have one.

5. When I looked at my bank balance.

finishingmove
12-07-2008, 12:26 PM
if u had 1 week to prepare, what would be easier to pass:

a math exam,
a literature exam?

leng jai
12-07-2008, 12:28 PM
What the fuck? This is bullshit.

Whats with all these in the spotlight threads these day? I haven't been on MTF for 2 weeks and Jenny has taken over already.

scarecrows
12-07-2008, 12:30 PM
do you miss my monkey avatars?

what do you think of monkeys in general?

what % of population is dumber than an average chimp?

if you could choose, what 3 tournaments would you go and watch on person next year?

Snoo Foo
12-07-2008, 12:35 PM
is the correct term cockchimp or chimpcock? Is it the australian word for chipmunk or is it a completely different species? or is it some kind of seafood salad frequently served an appetizer?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM
1) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?

I have very little hope for the ATP. There aren't any standout candidates, especially as the ATP structure is very flawed and as a players union, it's a non-entity in essence. Considering the global economic conditions, there needs to be someone who isn't so much of a corporate whore and wants to stay in the background and make sure the organisation is run well.

That being said Thomas Muster, but that isn't happening.

2) Who will win the GS tournaments in 2009?

Don't care.

3) Which match do you consider as best of all time?

Can't answer that question, there are many very subjective variables, so it depends on my mood. I will go for Lendl and Wilander from the 88 US Open, no pretty boy media darlings in this match and had plenty on the line.

4) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

I don't have an absolute fave player, each of them have played that one special match, where everything worked for them, but it's not often.

Kucera and Agassi was comedic.

5) What's the current best match up in tennis and which was the best one in the past?

Haven't thought about it for the current game. Guga and Safin had some excellent matches as did Gaudio/Kuerten.

6) If you could change the outcome of one tennismatch which one would it be?

I wouldn't, not even the 99 RG final.

7) Who is/was the best coach in tennis?

The ones who work with the kids to be able to build the fundamentals for them to be able to play professional tennis and make it on the ATP.

8) Who would you like to see responsible in Swedish tennis young talent work?

They have a lot of people that want to help the game Björkman, Wilander, Norman, Nyström, Svensson, but the federation lacks money and the golden generation is long gone.

The infrastructure needs to be put in place, but results won't happen straight away and there needs to be internal competition, so it will push them to better efforts.

9) Who is the most underestimated player on the tour now and who was it in the past?

Federer and as for retired players, well

10) What's the best soccer match of all time?

Anytime Man Utd or Real Madrid lose.

11) Who is/was your favourite German soccer player and German national team chef?

Player that would be Paul Breitner, favourite German manager, well it's a club manager Volker Finke.

12) What’s your philosophy of life

Learning is continous and even the arseholes of the universe have something you can learn from. It doesn't matter what religion, race, social status etc, good people exist everywhere along with the fuckheads.

Can't please everyone, so as long as you are happy with yourself and have excellent people around you to keep you in check, then that's good enough.

Naranoc
12-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Whats with all these in the spotlight threads these day? I haven't been on MTF for 2 weeks and Jenny has taken over already.

Yeah, sorry about that. An MTF controlled by me would have droves of posters leaving in disgust :lol:

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 12:54 PM
if u had 1 week to prepare, what would be easier to pass:

a math exam,
a literature exam?

Maths, depending on the level would require memory retention of formulae whereas literature needs a better grasp of bullshit and how to express it.

Maths is the answer.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
do you miss my monkey avatars?

what do you think of monkeys in general?

what % of population is dumber than an average chimp?

if you could choose, what 3 tournaments would you go and watch on person next year?

- They are good avatars, but this one you have now is high class.

- In many ways they are more evolved than humans. They aren't bad animals, the saying cheeky monkey must have some basis.

- 40-60%

- Buenos Aires, Acapulco and Båstad.

Nathaliia
12-07-2008, 12:57 PM
1. What are your criteria of liking a player? Why for example Yayo or Ugo? Why Oscar and not Montanes?

2. Do you think tennis is generally going in a good direction, like slowing the courts and getting rid of s&v players?

3. Have you ever seen a WTA match live? :lol:

4. Helsinki or Tallinn?

5. For example a trip of my dreams is by train from Lisbon to Vladivostock. If you had enough of time and money, what kind of crazy trip or unusual route would you choose?

6. When Oscar will finally win Wimbledon? :(

7. Do you have some interest in law, if yes, which branches?

8. What was your fave school subject?

9. In the part of Australia where you live are there more ex Yug or Chinese?

10. Which poster would you like to have their next spotlight?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 01:10 PM
is the correct term cockchimp or chimpcock? Is it the australian word for chipmunk or is it a completely different species? or is it some kind of seafood salad frequently served an appetizer?

It's cockchimp and if it was on a salad, lets say the product could easily be slipped into a cesar salad.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 01:23 PM
1. What are your criteria of liking a player? Why for example Yayo or Ugo? Why Oscar and not Montanes?

I don't have a set criteria for liking a player, some have a fun outlook on court, others are negative, some can play good tennis and others can be quite boring in their game style, like anything it's varied.

Montanes doesn't bother me as much as he used to and before it wasn't much and he can take the place of Vicente, since Maxi is only the challengers these days.

2. Do you think tennis is generally going in a good direction, like slowing the courts and getting rid of s&v players?

They really had to do something with the courts, especially when they were just glorified serving exhos and the ball hardly being in play, this was not interesting at all.

Of course there needs to be difference between the surfaces because they encourage different sets of skills. The clay has become faster than before, but they want the minimal differences between the surface speeds and what we see now is the result of this.

The ability to play the same tennis on all surfaces, not sure how they will address this.

3. Have you ever seen a WTA match live? :lol:

Not a complete one, but I did check out Iroda Tulyganova who has a wonderful chest.

4. Helsinki or Tallinn?

Tallin, because I have never been there.

5. For example a trip of my dreams is by train from Lisbon to Vladivostock. If you had enough of time and money, what kind of crazy trip or unusual route would you choose?

From Ushuaia through the Caribbean and onto the Northwest Territories in Canada and then leaving from Vancouver to Norway.

6. When Oscar will finally win Wimbledon? :(

He is the Peoples Champ.

7. Do you have some interest in law, if yes, which branches?

Minimal, though I did a bit of research on the Cod Wars and how they changed fisheries within international waters.

8. What was your fave school subject?

Leaving at the end of the day.

9. In the part of Australia where you live are there more ex Yug or Chinese?

Lots of Chinese, but they are mostly foreign students, whereas the community of people from former Yugoslavia is more established.

10. Which poster would you like to have their next spotlight?

Whoever is willing, though Jolan is an interesting cat and seems to have a view on most things.

alfonsojose
12-07-2008, 03:22 PM

Off season + helpless people who spend hours online = SPOTLIGHT :haha:

alfonsojose
12-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Have u ever played a tennis match on green clay/grass? i haven't :sad:

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes is the answer to your question Alfie.

alfonsojose
12-07-2008, 03:27 PM
On which surface?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 03:32 PM
I have played tennis on grass.

alfonsojose
12-07-2008, 03:33 PM
I have played tennis on grass.

:eek: :lol: ;)

Snowwy
12-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Youre are missing out on Green Clay, its the best surface to play.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 03:47 PM
I have played on something that was like green clay, but it wasn't.

It was black like tar and not green, but had similar make up and it was ok, the only clay courts I enjoy playing on are red, though the yellow ones would be an experience.

jonathancrane
12-07-2008, 03:48 PM
Do you think Nadal is the best clay court player since Borg? How do you rate him, above or below Borg?

Why do you hate Real Madrid?

Worst moment on MTF?

What is needed to a mod to become an admin on MTF?

ExcaliburII
12-07-2008, 03:51 PM
why do you like so much Hernandez? Boring Player
Do you consider yourself smart?
You answered neither to the question blondies or brunnetes, do you like red haired?
Whats your dream place to go on holidays?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 03:53 PM
- He isn't above Borg, but as for where he is placed, the end of his career will decide this.

- General Franco, Tomas Roncero and many of their fans. The worst is that the Spanish state bailed them out of financial ruin and they would not have done that for any other club

- There isn't a standout moment, just a regression over time.

- A thick skin and a lot of luck.

JolánGagó
12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Do you dislike dumb people?

Do you dislike smart people?

Who were the committee members?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
why do you like so much Hernandez? Boring Player
Do you consider yourself smart?
You answered neither to the question blondies or brunnetes, do you like red haired?
Whats your dream place to go on holidays?

- Humble, man of the people, not the most gifted, but he is an excellent teacher of Catalan swear words.

- In what context? Overall not really.

- Yes

- Svalbard, but I described my dream trip to Nathii's questions.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Do you dislike dumb people?

Do you dislike smart people?

Who were the committee members?

Dumb people, who don't know any better, not necessarily, dumb ones who think they are hot shit, then yes.

Smart people, there are clearly different kinds of intelligence, so it depends on the indviduals, some are street smart, but have other problems, then there are the academic types, who can't relate to the human world, so it's an individual thing.

Like I am going to tell you, so you can campaign to them to get certain people seeded higher.

JolánGagó
12-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Why are you so afraid of "campaigning"?

You don't think much of freedom of information, do you?

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Should the Australian Open surface move to Synthetic Grass, thereby giving the AO a chance to boast a distinctly different and quick surface...?

In which way does the tour need to move in order to acheive more balance... fast or slow...?

How do you feel about this statement: Green Clay is great surface because of one reason - it simply provides needed contrast on the world tour.

Who was the best player never to win the French Open...?

What do see as the poorest trait in Australian people...? and... the best...?

Richard_from_Cal
12-07-2008, 04:54 PM
I have played on something that was like green clay, but it wasn't.

It was black like tar and not green, but had similar make up and it was ok, the only clay courts I enjoy playing on are red, though the yellow ones would be an experience.

Where was this? Yellow clay courts, I mean...

shotgun
12-07-2008, 08:10 PM
I recall you once saying that there were four national football teams in the world you'd accept to defend. Which are they?

cobalt60
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
How many posters here know your real name?

What brought you to living down under?

What is it about you that I like so much?;)

Kitty de Sade
12-07-2008, 08:54 PM

I have an add on to this- then I'll think up some others.

If we know it, are we allowed to share with others or not?

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Why are you so afraid of "campaigning"?

You don't think much of freedom of information, do you?

Freedom of information, when it comes press organisations yes then it's worth it.

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 12:06 AM
Should the Australian Open surface move to Synthetic Grass, thereby giving the AO a chance to boast a distinctly different and quick surface...?

In which way does the tour need to move in order to acheive more balance... fast or slow...?

How do you feel about this statement: Green Clay is great surface because of one reason - it simply provides needed contrast on the world tour.

Who was the best player never to win the French Open...?

What do see as the poorest trait in Australian people...? and... the best...?

- Synthetic grass has no place on the international tour as a surface. It's a disgrace that this surface is laid throughout Australia, they did this because they were cost cutting, but the facts are it's a shit surface for developing players games and this has set Australia back 30 years.

- The slowing of the surfaces from a personal viewpoint means I am more likely to watch grass tennis than the ice rink like conditions. There should be a greater differential between the surfaces, they might get around to it, but there are more pressing problems with the game. The schedule, the lack of a decent player representative in a union context.

- A gimmick statement.

- Alex Corretja, Miloslav Mecir, though I wish I could say Kent Carlsson, but as Newk would say the window of opportunity existed for him was when he retired.

- Good question, sometimes they can be boorish when they are on the piss and at times at a bit ignorant and vapid, reasonable levels of casual racism. Example one of my friends is mixed race and this guy I know was like I don't like Aboriginals etc, but thought he was ok, that sort of thing.

Best, well they are pretty friendly and unpretentious for the most part, they aren't likely to get too fired up, unless there was a beer strike. Yes, there are certain old money families, but there are possibilities to make something of yourself and have enough cash to enjoy life as well.

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 12:17 AM
Where was this? Yellow clay courts, I mean...

Kazakhstan.

I recall you once saying that there were four national football teams in the world you'd accept to defend. Which are they?

I am not quite score what you mean by the question. Do you mean there are four national teams that I could be eligible to play for? Yes, that's true. They would be Iceland, Norway, Australia and

What brought you to living down under?

What is it about you that I like so much?;)

- Enough.

- It was part family reasons and the other part a bit of adventure.

- Only you can answer that question, but like anything it's up to personal interpretation. There are many people who I think I am a no talent arsehole and that's fine, but they don't matter.

Kelli, that answer would be no.

Kitty de Sade
12-08-2008, 12:26 AM
Kelli, that answer would be no.

Fine. :(

1) When the Benoit tragedy went down, there were many conflicting views on the subject, and people didn't know where to place blame. What is your take of it?

2) Hypothetically, if Gaudio and Coria met in a boxing match for charity, who would win it? (Assume they are both 100% fit.)

3) What are the chances you'd apologize for calling Tangy a muppet?

4) You are chosen to impose a fitting punishment upon Mr. Disney. What is his sentence for the :retard: way he ran the company since his arrival?

5) In your view, did anything positive come out of Agassi's tenure at the top of the game?

Henry Chinaski
12-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Who'd win a bare-knuckle boxing match between Gordo and Lucho?
(heh, I'd already planned this question before seeing KdS's similar one)

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks Kelli and Henry, I like these questions.

Henry Chinaski
12-08-2008, 12:33 AM
good to see you're taking some time to consider these serious matters and not just leaping in with poorly thought out guesses.

shotgun
12-08-2008, 12:52 AM
I am not quite score what you mean by the question. Do you mean there are four national teams that I could be eligible to play for? Yes, that's true. They would be Iceland, Norway, Australia and

My mistake then. I thought you had mentioned something like there are four NTs you'd like to play in.

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Fine.

1) When the Benoit tragedy went down, there were many conflicting views on the subject, and people didn't know where to place blame. What is your take of it?

It was a horrible thing to happen within any sphere of life. Especially since this was a man that was a great performer and entertained me many times during his career.

The blame game is always fun to play, and something as senseless as this, made me want to know why something like this happened. Yes, there were steroids involved, but the industry needs to have a serious look at itself, it can't be good that so many are dying at young ages, leaving families behind. That's why it's good when you see that there are some well adjusted people, sadly it's not enough.

2) Hypothetically, if Gaudio and Coria met in a boxing match for charity, who would win it? (Assume they are both 100% fit.)

Interesting question, the problem is not exactly sure how charitable they would be to each other. Coria would be like a weasel and not go away, he would put deep heat on the gloves. Gaudio might wear him down.

3) What are the chances you'd apologize for calling Tangy a muppet?

More likely to apologise to one of the muppets.

4) You are chosen to impose a fitting punishment upon Mr. Disney. What is his sentence for the :retard: way he ran the company since his arrival?

Not sure if there is an appropriate punishment. Maybe put his name on Interpol among the Most Wanted and he never be allowed to work again in any field. In Germany, I think it's called a profession ban.

5) In your view, did anything positive come out of Agassi's tenure at the top of the game?

Of course there were positives, besides my loathing for the individual. He had the right look at the right time, appealed to a slightly different demographic which bought people into the game as fans, a large percentage have stuck around and follow it, which can only be a good thing as long as they make the effort to understand the game.

He will always be remembered within tennis circles.

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 12:56 AM
My mistake then. I thought you had mentioned something like there are four NTs you'd like to play in.

I can answer that.

Norway though not under his fucking clown regime, Iceland because there is a family link a way back. Czech Republic and Netherlands, because I like the way they play the game.

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 01:02 AM
Who'd win a bare-knuckle boxing match between Gordo and Lucho?
(heh, I'd already planned this question before seeing KdS's similar one)

That would be a good battle for sure. Horna has a bit of a temper, but the old adage a good big man will beat a good little man in a boxing match, will probably hold true in this case.

Calleri used to be a boxer, whereas Lucho would have to hit body shots and then move around.

NinaNina19
12-08-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm sure the answer is really obvious, but what does PMK stand for?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm sure the answer is really obvious, but what does PMK stand for?

Poor Mans Kafelnikov which refers to Davydenko.

Kitty de Sade
12-08-2008, 01:10 AM
1) If a female friend came to you for romantic advice, what would you tell her?

2) Most irritating aspect of the opposite sex?

3) Biggest "should have been" who never was, and what went wrong with him?

4) Which MTF fanbase challenges your patience the most?

5) The ATP is clueless and can't find a replacement for de Villiers. You are appointed as temporary chair for 24 hours.

What would your first important decision be?

NinaNina19
12-08-2008, 01:17 AM

Oh OK, I finally know it :lol: .

NinaNina19
12-08-2008, 01:18 AM
What do you look like? I always envision you looking like Gaudio :lol: .

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 02:01 AM
1) If a female friend came to you for romantic advice, what would you tell her?

2) Most irritating aspect of the opposite sex?

3) Biggest "should have been" who never was, and what went wrong with him?

4) Which MTF fanbase challenges your patience the most?

5) The ATP is clueless and can't find a replacement for de Villiers. You are appointed as temporary chair for 24 hours.

What would your first important decision be?

1. It would depend on the personality of my female friend and also whether I knew the guy she was interested in. This would impact on the advice that I gave her, but the common thing, is that she has to be herself and comfortable within her own skin. If not, then it won't work out, because they are only deluding themselves.

2. We men aren't smart, even the intellectual ones, we struggle to get hints, so if there is something bothering you, get it off your chest.

Too many seem to believe in the fairytale perfect relationship, but it's not going to be the case. I mean sure people evolve, well in theory they should, the same aspects that they liked initially, shouldn't be compromised too much, it's the imperfections that make us.

3. There are many players that could fit that description. Rios could be one because he never won a GS, though he reached number 1. As for why, well he was never really dedicated, it came very easily for him, he started late, then he lost speed with the operations. Gasquet with the amount of hype he has received, could be like that.

Tommy Ho was hugely hyped and did nothing.

4. No specific one, they all have different irritating aspects. Djokovic fans who just turn up when he wins and are instant experts. Safin fans who still think it's 2000, never lost a match because he wasn't good enough on the day and the only player who has been injured. Federer ones well Mirkaland says it all and Nadal fans, all about the arse.

5. The first thing, it would be to sit down with all the representatives and point out that the game is bigger than any of them.

buddyholly
12-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Poor Mans Kafelnikov which refers to Davydenko.:lol:

I always assumed PMK referred to Petr Korda!

buddyholly
12-08-2008, 02:51 AM
What is Petr Korda's middle name?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 02:51 AM
:lol:

I always assumed PMK referred to Petr Korda!

Sales of nandrolone took a hit, when it was discovered that Korda was taking it.

Korda very talented ball striker, but a strange cat.

JolánGagó
12-08-2008, 05:00 AM
What's clownish about the Norweegian regime?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 05:17 AM
What's clownish about the Norweegian regime?

Good question and I hope you have a lot of time, because this will be a long answer. The regime I mean in a football sense.

In a football sense Norway has lost their way, sure it's not easy for a small country to continually make the World Cup and Euros, and this has been taken into account, especially as they had been semi-pro until recently.

When they had their golden run in the 90s under Egil Olsen, it was brutal and effective the football, though not very watchable for the most part. Sure their goal is to win as many matches as possible, but there isn't an excuse for pro footballers not to be able to control the ball with their feet.

It involved just a lot of running, running and workrate, but with nothing behind it, except hopeful long balls and living on scraps, of course defensive skills are important. The game moves on and hasn't evolved in Norway and not especially through their national team.

The worst of it is that there are and have been players with some technical ability, but very rarely is it expressed. I mean I don't expect them to be like the Dutch, Spanish, Brazil, Croatia or Argentina with their ball movement, though it's not much to ask to have the ability to hit a pass along the ground more than 3 times in a match.

It's at the early stages of coaching, where the technique needs to learnt, controlling the ball with both feet, controlling with one touch, how to use the body feints, when they get older then the physical strengthening programs can be incorporated.

In essence, it's 11 donkeys representing a national team and playing head tennis or donkey football, this is what I meant by regime.

JolánGagó
12-08-2008, 05:26 AM
Sad picture indeed.

But i mean, who in Norway gives a fu*k for football? Half year: Ice. Guys are too bussy with their skies. Where's the money going to come from?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 05:31 AM
Sad picture indeed.

But i mean, who in Norway gives a fu*k for football? Half year: Ice. Guys are too bussy with their skies. Where's the money going to come from?

Football is the most popular sport in Norway. The Prem League is massive and always has been, even when it was just the Div1 and didn't have all the fancy shit.

Liverpool among my generation are the most popular club, but since Solskjær played at Man Utd, they have a lot of support.

Solskjær and Tore Andre Flo are an example of what I described earlier. These guys were good forwards, but Flo is 1,96 and shit in the air, he was better with his feet and Solskjær had good speed and a conversion rate when playing club football, but the national side didn't play in such a way that could use them at their best.

Nathaliia
12-08-2008, 08:48 AM
List your ten biggest food failures where the rank counts :)

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 08:50 AM
You mean 10 things I really can't stand or 10 times I fucked up when cooking something?

Nathaliia
12-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Hmm, since we more or less know what you hate, maybe you tell us what you fucked up cooking.

bokehlicious
12-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Where would you like to live if you were rich enough to live anywhere on the planet?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 08:58 AM
Hmm, since we more or less know what you hate, maybe you tell us what you fucked up cooking.

Probably the worst thing was heating up the oil in the pan, but I had it on a higher level than I should have, went to do a piss, then went back to the kitchen and the pot was on fire, setting off the smoke detectors.

Luckily I was calm, got a dry towel and was able to put the fire out and yes I took the burning pot outside, now it's a room rubbish bin.

Nathaliia
12-08-2008, 09:03 AM
:lol: :bigclap:

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 09:50 AM
What do you look like? I always envision you looking like Gaudio :lol: .

Not at all.

Where would you like to live if you were rich enough to live anywhere on the planet?

Liechtenstein

jonathancrane
12-08-2008, 09:53 AM
The man in your previous avatar is your father, or a relative?

Have you ever been married?

IMO Rod Laver is the GOAT. What do you think?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 10:00 AM
- No, that was Davydenko with his fathers glasses.

- No and don't intend to be either.

- Laver is one of the greatest of all time and has to be in the mix for that label, but not sure if he is the greatest, but I do rate him higher than Sampras.

Thanos
12-08-2008, 10:11 AM
are you still going to organise the acc legend contest?? or you're sick of everyone shit for what happened in the last acc??

have you ever pretended to like something to impress someone? if so, what was it?

who is your favourite pro wrestler? and why??

what is the location of your new avatar??

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 10:20 AM
are you still going to organise the acc legend contest?? or you're sick of everyone shit for what happened in the last acc??

have you ever pretended to like something to impress someone? if so, what was it?

who is your favourite pro wrestler? and why??

what is the location of your new avatar??

- Maybe I will organise it at a later date, but nothing on the cards now. As for the 2nd part of the question people will whinge if there is nothing to whinge about.

- Only time I did it, when I was going out underage to get into venues, one bouncer wanted to know what I did for a job. I told them I worked at a funeral director, well that was stretched because I was only 16 and cleaning the hearses.

- Bret Hart was an outstanding performer in the ring, other ones I liked were Benoit ( not what happened personally), Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero, Curt Henning plus Edge/Christian.

- It's a small place in northern Norway.

adee-gee
12-08-2008, 11:42 AM
1) Why do you have a tendancy to drift completely off topic when answering a question?

2) Do you really believe Bush can be compared with Hitler?

3) Would you ever consider getting married?

4) Who is the real thunderthighs - Roberto Carlos or Sveta?

5) Who's the best Norwegian footballer of all time?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 01:19 PM
1) Why do you have a tendancy to drift completely off topic when answering a question?

2) Do you really believe Bush can be compared with Hitler?

3) Would you ever consider getting married?

4) Who is the real thunderthighs - Roberto Carlos or Sveta?

5) Who's the best Norwegian footballer of all time?

1. When the seagull follows the trawler it's because he knows the sardine will be thrown into the sea.

2. Both were dangerous men for different reasons, one knew what he was doing and the other was a puppet, innocent people died because of their actions, essential difference is that Bush could be criticised and not be eliminated because of it.

3. Not likely, don't see a reason to even if I love the woman.

4. Got to go for the sexier one Sveta, though I would love to see a walnut squeezing competition between them.

5. Tom Lund who was around in the late 60s and played through the 80s. He never left Norway to play club football and Ajax wanted to buy him as a replacement for Johan Cruyff.

SloKid
12-08-2008, 01:42 PM
1. When the seagull follows the trawler it's because he knows the sardine will be thrown into the sea.
:worship:

- When was the last time you were in Norway?
- Do you miss the winters or do you prefer the more moderate climates?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 01:48 PM
:worship:

- When was the last time you were in Norway?
- Do you miss the winters or do you prefer the more moderate climates?

- 6 years ago was the last time I was there.

- I am fairly adaptable when it comes to the weather, the long darkness can be very difficult to deal with more so than the cold temperatures, but I found ways to get through it. If it's cold outside, the central heating and double glazed windows work, then that's great.

jonathancrane
12-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Do you know the answer for this question?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134583

Ingmar Bergman or Carl Th. Dreyer?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 02:22 PM
No.

Ingmar Bergman

stebs
12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
1 - Are you happy with all the time you spend on this forum?

2 - Stuck on a desert island with three posters of your choice from these forums, who would they be?

3 - How old are you?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
1. Not an issue, I have plenty of things that I do.
2. Merton, jayjay and Deivid
3. Old enough to remember when there were fast tennis surfaces.

Saumon
12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
Why do you always give answers like "Old enough to remember when there were fast tennis surfaces."? Is a simple, straightforward answer too much to ask?

Action Jackson
12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Why do you always give answers like "Old enough to remember when there were fast tennis surfaces."? Is a simple, straightforward answer too much to ask?

I answer the questions, the way I want to, that's it.

alfonsojose
12-08-2008, 03:53 PM
have u ever kissed a guy?

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 12:14 AM
No.

cobalt60
12-09-2008, 12:43 AM
Why did you choose the profession you are in?

What would be your ultimate profession if you were given the choice tomorrow?

Why did you choose to be in the spotlight?

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Why did you choose the profession you are in?

What would be your ultimate profession if you were given the choice tomorrow?

Why did you choose to be in the spotlight?

- I fell into it and also the fact that I need money to live and the pay isn't too bad for what I do.

- I don't think about those things, seems like that time has passed. But as long as I believe what I was doing was able to contribute something useful and enjoyed it in the process, then that would be it.

- Why not, it's not like I have to do this again.

Voo de Mar
12-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Why don't you want to write 'how old are you' and show your photo?

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 01:31 AM
Why don't you want to write 'how old are you' and show your photo?

People have the right to provide as much information as they want or as little depending on the individual.

Nathaliia
12-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Voo why won't you tell everyone your real name, eh?

sorry for interruption :lol:

edit, Q to George, has a player ever been rude to you?

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 01:35 AM
To Nathii's question, the answer is No.

Voo de Mar
12-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Voo why won't you tell everyone your real name, eh?

sorry for interruption :lol:

It's not "my spotlight" to answer on this.

Aloimeh
12-09-2008, 03:51 AM
To what extent can you understand other Scandinavian languages (assuming you didn't specifically learn any outside your own)?

Richard_from_Cal
12-09-2008, 04:41 AM

^^...Deck...^^

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 05:11 AM
To what extent can you understand other Scandinavian languages (assuming you didn't specifically learn any outside your own)?

Good question, this one will be very a detailed answer.

First of all there are 6 Scandinavian written languages and sadly I don't understand them all. They are Danish, Swedish, Norwegian which 2 written forms called bokmal and nynorsk, then Faroese and Icelandic.

Norwegian is the middle ground between all of these languages as Icelandic came from Old Norse and unlike the others hasn't changed significantly since the Viking times and they are able to read those texts like a newspaper, where I would need an Old Norse dictionary. Icelandic and Faroese are the closest to each other and the most conservative linguistically out of this group. In Icelandic I can get the gist of a conversation, but there are many words that I don't get, so I'd have limited understanding of it, though when it's written it's slightly easier and I don't get Faroese.

Swedish for me is easier to understand in the written and spoken form, this is mainly because I have been exposed to it in greater detail than Danish. Swedish and Norwegian are tonal languages, so it's easier for me to follow the tone when it comes to where the words are stressed. Also there is shared cable channel between Denmark, Norway and Sweden and I always found it easier to understand the Swedish programs.

As for Danish, when it comes to the written script, it's the closest to Norwegian, which goes back to the 2 written forms of Norwegian I mentioned. Hardly anyone speaks these forms, they have their own dialects and write in either bokmal the main written form which was based on Danish and nynorsk which is based on rural dialects.

The problems begin with Danish is that they have a different pronounciation structure, so the words while being written the same way, will be pronounced differently. This is due to them having the largest outside influences in their language, the fact that swallow consonants and sound like they are constipated with a mouth full of food and have throat cancer.

Summing all that up Norwegian is the middle ground between Danish and Swedish and so we tend to understnd those two languages better than the Danes and Swedes understand each other.

Swedish is less work for me, whereas Danish when they speak I have to concentrate harder, but the written forms are fine, this is of course including variables within the respective dialects.

Aloimeh
12-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Good question, this one will be very a detailed answer.

First of all there are 6 Scandinavian written languages and sadly I don't understand them all. They are Danish, Swedish, Norwegian which 2 written forms called bokmal and nynorsk, then Faroese and Icelandic.

Norwegian is the middle ground between all of these languages as Icelandic came from Old Norse and unlike the others hasn't changed significantly since the Viking times and they are able to read those texts like a newspaper, where I would need an Old Norse dictionary. Icelandic and Faroese are the closest to each other and the most conservative linguistically out of this group. In Icelandic I can get the gist of a conversation, but there are many words that I don't get, so I'd have limited understanding of it, though when it's written it's slightly easier and I don't get Faroese.

Swedish for me is easier to understand in the written and spoken form, this is mainly because I have been exposed to it in greater detail than Danish. Swedish and Norwegian are tonal languages, so it's easier for me to follow the tone when it comes to where the words are stressed. Also there is shared cable channel between Denmark, Norway and Sweden and I always found it easier to understand the Swedish programs.

As for Danish, when it comes to the written script, it's the closest to Norwegian, which goes back to the 2 written forms of Norwegian I mentioned. Hardly anyone speaks these forms, they have their own dialects and write in either bokmal the main written form which was based on Danish and nynorsk which is based on rural dialects.

The problems begin with Danish is that they have a different pronounciation structure, so the words while being written the same way, will be pronounced differently. This is due to them having the largest outside influences in their language, the fact that swallow consonants and sound like they are constipated with a mouth full of food and have throat cancer.

Summing all that up Norwegian is the middle ground between Danish and Swedish and so we tend to understnd those two languages better than the Danes and Swedes understand each other.

Swedish is less work for me, whereas Danish when they speak I have to concentrate harder, but the written forms are fine, this is of course including variables within the respective dialects.

For someone who only has a background in English and perhaps one or two other Indo-European non-Germanic languages, learning which Scandinavian language would give someone the best access to written works in other Scandinavian languages? For instance, can you understand written Kierkegaard and Strindberg and would a Danish/Swedish (only) speaker be able to read Ibsen? It sounds like all three would struggle with reading the sagas.

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 07:24 AM
For someone who only has a background in English and perhaps one or two other Indo-European non-Germanic languages, learning which Scandinavian language would give someone the best access to written works in other Scandinavian languages? For instance, can you understand written Kierkegaard and Strindberg and would a Danish/Swedish (only) speaker be able to read Ibsen? It sounds like all three would struggle with reading the sagas.

It depends on the education level, but yes I can read Kierkegaard or Strindberg, doesn't mean I would, mainly because I did that years ago.

They get translated into the relevant languages, there isn't much movement between the respective leanguages and with the internet, there is less now.

Swedish has the most speakers, so there is a greater access to more literature with that language.

acionescu
12-09-2008, 06:42 PM
1. What do you think about Monarchy: in general and about the one in Norway? Do you think that for Norway would be better another State form?
2. What do you know/like/hate about Romania bare that :inlove: 1994 match and Tiriac :retard:?

Byrd
12-09-2008, 06:53 PM
1. Do you think Donald Bradman was the best batsmen ever?, or was his stats inflated due to the era he was playing in.

2.Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

3.Which MTF member do you admire/detest the most? (2 questions in 1 sort of :lol: )

4.Most Embarassing moment?

adee-gee
12-09-2008, 07:31 PM
1) Why does it always take me until late in the 2nd set to play anything like my best tennis (even after a decent warm-up)?

2) If you were Federer's coach, what would you tell him to do against Nadal on a)grass and b)clay?

3) Man Utd vs. Real Madrid in the CL final, who would you want to win? (you can't say neither or the referee).

4) If Agassi didn't have this apparently unjustified angel reputation in the press and was known as an arsehole, would you still dislike him?

Action Jackson
12-09-2008, 11:51 PM
1. What do you think about Monarchy: in general and about the one in Norway? Do you think that for Norway would be better another State form?
2. What do you know/like/hate about Romania bare that :inlove: 1994 match and Tiriac :retard:?

- It depends really, I mean I am not a monarchist at all, but for Norway it seems to work and also the fact the Norwegian royal family is mostly a ceremonial thing, it doesn't bother me too much. As for royal families they aren't too bad, not many places have an ex-alcoholic, single mother who didn't mind a bit of cocaine as their queen.

- My knowledge of Romania is very limited, that I don't think I can give a good answer. What I like, well I liked their football team in the mid 90s, they played a very good style. I heard the standard of women are fairly high.

What I don't like, well the rampant corruption probably be the worst thing.

Action Jackson
12-10-2008, 12:07 AM
1. Do you think Donald Bradman was the best batsmen ever?, or was his stats inflated due to the era he was playing in.

2.Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

3.Which MTF member do you admire/detest the most? (2 questions in 1 sort of :lol: )

4.Most Embarassing moment?

1. I think the Don is the greatest batsman ever. This is a guy who learned using a stump to hit a golf ball with and got such great hand/eye co ordination. Don't forget the wickets they played on uncovered wickets at the time. Yes, he didn't play in as many countries as he would have today, but those countries that weren't playing Tests at the time weren't good enough.

2. Not sure where I see myself tomorrow, but hopefully I am happy and content with what I am doing at that time and not turning to the type of person that I woved never to become.

3. Asking me the tough questions. As for posters I admire there are a few. Sjengster, very dry humour and an intelligent guy. Merton, then there are 2 others jayjay and a former poster WyvEn, the last two, we had some interesting debates over time and didn't agree, but that doesn't matter as their arguments stood up and know their shit and that's always good.

The other side well that's a lot more than the admire. Off to the top of my head and not in order anyone out of tangerine_dream, Scotso, Clay Death, FedFan_2007, Deboogle, Burrow and Stephan.

4. There are plenty of good ones. There was falling down a set of stairs at the old Sydney tennis event and doing a Klinsmann roll at the end and spilling my drink over me.

Recently it would have been breaking into my room having to open a window, landing very badly and then realising the keys were in my pocket.

Action Jackson
12-10-2008, 12:27 AM
1) Why does it always take me until late in the 2nd set to play anything like my best tennis (even after a decent warm-up)?

2) If you were Federer's coach, what would you tell him to do against Nadal on a)grass and b)clay?

3) Man Utd vs. Real Madrid in the CL final, who would you want to win? (you can't say neither or the referee).

4) If Agassi didn't have this apparently unjustified angel reputation in the press and was known as an arsehole, would you still dislike him?

- It's probably a mental thing, some people are slow starters and it takes them time to get into the rhythm of the match, seems it has to be in your case, especially since you a decent warm up before going on court. Not sure what causes it though.

2. He has to have plans and stick to them, not get all shirty when Nadal rips a passing shot past him at the net, it's going to happen. Yes, confidence is a great thing, but at times Federer is like Boris Becker, he wants to beat these guys especially Nadal from the baseline, instead of using his talents to the best possible use.

a) On grass Federer should come to the net more, not all the time like Mirnyi, but more than he does. With the approach shots hitting them low with slice and really slicing it, not doing it for the sake of it and not with topspin will help and also come to the net down the centre of court giving Nadal less angle for the pass.

b) Borrow Wawrinka's backhand is his best option, but he has to try and keep Nadal off balance, by varying the depth, height and angle of the groundies. I mean he should know where Nadal is going to hit the ball, and needs to use his serve better.

3. This would switch depending on the line up in the mid 90s I went for RM because of Fernando Redondo, but if it came to down to it now more than likely Man U, though 101-99 on penalties would be the best option.

4. I'd still dislike him, but would clearly have more respect for him.

Albop
12-10-2008, 01:04 AM
Most hated Footballer? Retired and active.

shotgun
12-10-2008, 01:51 AM
What is the best match you ever recall seeing from Norway in football?

Action Jackson
12-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Most hated Footballer? Retired and active.

Tough question I can't just name one, so I will break it down into Retired/Active.

Retired : Effenberg, Jurgen Kohler, Nicola Berti, Thomas Ravelli, Zenga, Mihajlovic, Matthaus and Roy Keane.

Active : Steve Gerrard, Panucci, Inzaghi, Beckham, Roberto Carlos, Raul

What is the best match you ever recall seeing from Norway in football?

Best result when Norway beat the Dutch and England to qualify for USA 94 and when we beat England in 1981 as an amateur side.

I mean the greatest ever football commentary.
PqZTP8-8wIs&NR=1

As a football performance when they beat Brazil 4-2 in Oslo, with a full Brazilian team and Roberto Carlos getting a bath.

Julio
12-11-2008, 12:06 PM
Recently it would have been breaking into my room having to open a window, landing very badly and then realising the keys were in my pocket.

1) Do you like games ? I mean, are you a player ? Poker, sports betting ? etc.

2) I'm french but i would like to know your opinion about Spain and Catalans : how do you consider status of Catalunya in Spain ? I mean, did you ever go to Barcelona ? If yes, did you keep a good memory concerning people ? In comparaison with other cities in Spain that you have (maybe) visited.

3) Which is your best souvenir in sports in general ? And why ?

4) Who is your favourite french player in tennis ? Same question with USA and Spain.

Thank you very much, GWH.

Action Jackson
12-11-2008, 01:07 PM

1) Do you like games ? I mean, are you a player ? Poker, sports betting ? etc.

2) I'm french but i would like to know your opinion about Spain and Catalans : how do you consider status of Catalunya in Spain ? I mean, did you ever go to Barcelona ? If yes, did you keep a good memory concerning people ? In comparaison with other cities in Spain that you have (maybe) visited.

3) Which is your best souvenir in sports in general ? And why ?

4) Who is your favourite french player in tennis ? Same question with USA and Spain.

Thank you very much, GWH.

1. I don't mind them, but they aren't my thing. I have the odd sports bet, but not poker.

2. What do I think of Catalunya, not sure in what context you mean? The status they have now seems to work in that they have control over their own affairs and that the Catalan language isn't repressed, as language is very important to the culture. The fact that it's easier for people from Castillian backgrounds to understand and to eventually learn Catalan than say Basque for an example, helped not have a such violent movement.

I have only spent time in Galicia and Asturias, but I have met some Catalans and never had a problem with them.

3. Probably the tickets from the 1984 Davis Cup final.

4. Active: Santoro, retired = Di Pasquale
Active: Russell, retired : Krickstein
Active: Hernandez, Retired : Mantilla and Corretja

Eden
12-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Federer

I sense your famous sarcasm here ;)

and as for retired players, well

Mecir? Lendl? Muster?

Player that would be Paul Breitner, favourite German manager, well it's a club manager Volker Finke.

Interesting choices :)

Did you get to see a lot of matches with Breitner when he played for FC Bayern or is your opinion mainly based on his appearances in the German national team?

Do you know that Finke works in Japan now and has signed a contract with Urawa Red Diamonds?

Thanks for answering my questions btw :)

Hope you don't mind to answer some new ones:

1) How far do you think Wawrinka can go in his career?
2) Who is your favourite tennis commentator and why?
3) Do you think we will ever see Lendl as a tennis coach? With whom would you like to see him working?
4) What do you value most in a person?
5) Which was the best song that has ever been performed at the Eurovision Song Contest?
6) Who was your worst winner of the Eurovision Song Contest?
7) When was the last time you ate something for the first time? (what was it?)
8) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?
9) How many countries of the world have you been to?
10) What have been the 10 main tennis moments for you? (for example Muster and Gaudio winning RG)

Action Jackson
12-13-2008, 04:14 AM
I sense your famous sarcasm here ;)

Perhaps.

Mecir? Lendl? Muster?

Lendl was the most underrated #1 for sure, he did a lot for the game in the way he added sports science methods, the fact he wasn't a media whore or glamour boy, tended to overshadow what he did on court, in an excellent era of top players.

Interesting choices :)

Did you get to see a lot of matches with Breitner when he played for FC Bayern or is your opinion mainly based on his appearances in the German national team?

Do you know that Finke works in Japan now and has signed a contract with Urawa Red Diamonds?

Thanks for answering my questions btw :)

Tough questions.

Breitner was a quality left back, that danced to his own tune, and it was more his performances for Germany and not for Bayern, because he played for a club that I can't stand.

Finke is an excellent coach who knew how to develop players and played football in the right way.

Hope you don't mind to answer some new ones:

1) How far do you think Wawrinka can go in his career?

He has made the top 10 so that's an achievement, and not sure what he will do career wise, but no matter what he does he will always be in the shadow of Federer. He might win a TMS, but not a Slam.

2) Who is your favourite tennis commentator and why?

Magnus Larsson, funny and insightful. I do prefer the British commentators than say the Americans for the most part, there is no real need to talk too much when a point is on.

3) Do you think we will ever see Lendl as a tennis coach? With whom would you like to see him working?

Not at all. He is more interested in golf for his daughters.

4) What do you value most in a person?

Loyalty, plenty of parasites and fairweathers stick around when things are going well, but they tend to fuck off very quickly when you are not on top of things.

5) Which was the best song that has ever been performed at the Eurovision Song Contest?

Trick questions, there aren't any good ones. I mean Athena For Real, the only ever decent Turkish entry, as for the best, the more comedy acts, the better they are.

We are the Winners had hilarious comedy value.

6) Who was your worst winner of the Eurovision Song Contest?

It's like finding beer in a brewery.

7) When was the last time you ate something for the first time? (what was it?)

Ages go and I can't remember honestly.

8) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?

When you were kid, you wanted to be older and somehow you'd think it would be better than it was at that current time, then when you reach that point, it's not always what you expect.

9) How many countries of the world have you been to?

22 I think.

10) What have been the 10 main tennis moments for you? (for example Muster and Gaudio winning RG)

Too many tough questions. I can't rate them in order.

- Gaudio winning RG.
- Mantilla winning Rome and being able to come back from skin cancer.
- Going to watch my first tennis tournament live and realises how fun it was.
- Rosset winning Olympic Gold, defeating plenty of big guns.
- Seeing the Argies pump Australia in the DC on grass.
- Agassi losing to Kucera at the US Open and acting like a huge primadonna and a fuckhead of the highest degree.
- Wilander reaching #1 and playing the best US Open final against a brave Lendl to do it.
- Muster winning RG and also the fact he retired on his own terms without fanfare, plus getting his last title in Miami.
- Watching Mecir in full flight.
- Muster mauling Agassi in Davis Cup and being there live.

fangirl
12-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Best thing about Kellie?

Action Jackson
12-13-2008, 11:12 PM
Best thing about Kellie?

One of the few good things to come out of Queensland.

Nidhogg
12-14-2008, 12:50 PM

Written danish is easy to understand, but spoken is about as incomprehensible as cantonese. The best part, however, is the number system for everything above 49: "Femoghalvfjerds", "halvtreds" and so on... Gosh.

Action Jackson
12-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Written danish is easy to understand, but spoken is about as incomprehensible as cantonese. The best part, however, is the number system for everything above 49: "Femoghalvfjerds", "halvtreds" and so on... Gosh.

Hvor kan man snakker med halskreft sammen med potatis i mun.

Yes, they have the German counting thing as well, then again Lego is the best thing to come out of there.

Eden
12-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Breitner was a quality left back, that danced to his own tune, and it was more his performances for Germany and not for Bayern, because he played for a club that I can't stand.

I'm sure you have heard about the fact that he was considered to be the successor of Vogts as a coach in the German national team, but then there were problems with the president Braun. Do you think he would have done a good job as a coach?

Finke is an excellent coach who knew how to develop players and played football in the right way.

He worked 16 years for SC Freiburg, which is a record for German soccer. Do you know which international coach works for the longest time for a club?

22 I think.

That's incredible. Which countries do you like to travel to the most? :)

Too many tough questions. I can't rate them in order.

- Gaudio winning RG.
- Mantilla winning Rome and being able to come back from skin cancer.
- Going to watch my first tennis tournament live and realises how fun it was.
- Rosset winning Olympic Gold, defeating plenty of big guns.
- Seeing the Argies pump Australia in the DC on grass.
- Agassi losing to Kucera at the US Open and acting like a huge primadonna and a fuckhead of the highest degree.
- Wilander reaching #1 and playing the best US Open final against a brave Lendl to do it.
- Muster winning RG and also the fact he retired on his own terms without fanfare, plus getting his last title in Miami.
- Watching Mecir in full flight.
- Muster mauling Agassi in Davis Cup and being there live.

Thanks for this list and the answer to all other questions :)

1) Which was the first tournament you ever attended live?
2) Which tournament would you like to go to but haven't been there yet?
3) Who are your favourite Scandinavian musicians?
4) Which are 10 must-see places in Scandinavia for visitors?
5) What's your opinion about Steffi Graf?
6) What's ypur opinion about Michael Stich? What do you think he can achieve as the new tournament director of Hamburg?
7) What do you think can Berdych achieve next year with his new coach?
8) Which was the best concert you have ever attented?
9) Which band/musician would you have loved to see in a concert, though it isn’t possible now anymore?
10) Which countries you haven't been to so far would you like to go to in the future?

Action Jackson
12-16-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm sure you have heard about the fact that he was considered to be the successor of Vogts as a coach in the German national team, but then there were problems with the president Braun. Do you think he would have done a good job as a coach?

Yes, I knew that, but as for him doing a good job, that's an unknown quantity, not sure how he would communicate with the players, that's the key.

He worked 16 years for SC Freiburg, which is a record for German soccer. Do you know which international coach works for the longest time for a club?

Easy, that is Guy Roux at Auxerre he was there for 44 years.

That's incredible. Which countries do you like to travel to the most? :)

Not sure, it's more about going to places that I haven't been to, that's more important to me.

Thanks for this list and the answer to all other questions :)

1) Which was the first tournament you ever attended live?
2) Which tournament would you like to go to but haven't been there yet?
3) Who are your favourite Scandinavian musicians?
4) Which are 10 must-see places in Scandinavia for visitors?
5) What's your opinion about Steffi Graf?
6) What's ypur opinion about Michael Stich? What do you think he can achieve as the new tournament director of Hamburg?
7) What do you think can Berdych achieve next year with his new coach?
8) Which was the best concert you have ever attented?
9) Which band/musician would you have loved to see in a concert, though it isn’t possible now anymore?
10) Which countries you haven't been to so far would you like to go to in the future?

1. Båstad

2. Barcelona

3. In no order, þeyr, Bubbi Morthens, Turbonegro, Entombed, Korpiklaani, Turdus Musicus, Tyr, Mari Boine, Ebba Grön, No Fun at all, Fintroll, Gyllene Tider that will do for now.

4. I am not a tourist guide, but all of the countries are worth a visit.

5. Not much

6. Stich, well he has his business interests, but it's difficult for him as in reality Hamburg has been pissed on as an event, its status has been downgraded and not likely to come back. Just hope he can run the tournament well, but that's not usually a problem for German events.

7. Depends on what he is prepared to change, if he is prepared to listen and make changes, then things are possible, but not likely, has to come from within.

8. I don't rate the concerts that I go to, though I do remember seeing many bands when they weren't as big in smaller venues and that is good enough.

9. The Clash

10. Bolivia, Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Krygyzstan, Tajikistan.

alfonsojose
12-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Heve u been in Colombia? where?
What would u throw at Dubya?

Machiavelli
12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Have you ever been to Croatia, would you like to visit? Do you think Cilic has a shot on the TOP10 next year? Karlovic-like or dislike for him? Goran, a pure genius, underachiever or just a showman?

Who will win the Handball Worldchampionships in Croatia next month(our team is a mess)?

Balic or Richardson? Metlicic or Stefansson?

Scarlet Johansson or Monica Belucci or???

Action Jackson
12-17-2008, 12:30 AM
Heve u been in Colombia? where?
What would u throw at Dubya?

No, I haven't been to Colombia, but I would like to. I mean Colombia has such a negative image globally, the way it's made out as if it's just full of drug running madmen, which is far from the case. There are many diverse landscapes within the country and would be interesting to see.

- Good question, dry ice wouldn't be a bad thing, but I would have to throw it straight away, maybe a pie but with piss inside the pie.

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2008, 12:39 AM
Is this finest moment of the GM off-season?

Snowflake, who is that in your avvie? he's gorgeous!

Pep Guardiola, the coach of Barca :inlove:

He is so handsome. Is Barca an ATP player? Please forgive my ignorance! xx

Action Jackson
12-17-2008, 12:43 AM
Have you ever been to Croatia, would you like to visit? Do you think Cilic has a shot on the TOP10 next year? Karlovic-like or dislike for him? Goran, a pure genius, underachiever or just a showman?

Who will win the Handball Worldchampionships in Croatia next month(our team is a mess)?

Balic or Richardson? Metlicic or Stefansson?

Scarlet Johansson or Monica Belucci or???

- I have been to Croatia, but in reality, it was just Porec, because I happened to be in Slovenia and went there for the day. So, yes I want to have a proper and real visit to the country.

- Cilic, he played well in the GS events and has a good work ethic, needs to make sure his forehand doesn't break down as often, but if Boredo and Simon can do, then Cilic has a shot.

- Karlovic, well I don't mind the guy, not a huge fan of the game, at least in 2007 he was breaking serve, not sure what went on this year. I can understand why he felt slighted initially with the whole DC thing.

- Goran, great character, best mates with Rosset, not a fan of the game, but his frank nature was quality.

- Hopefully Iceland will win it, but I am not sure at the moment.

- Like them both, just give to Balic.

- Stefansson.

- Neither, the whole star thing does nothing for me.

Action Jackson
12-17-2008, 12:50 AM

That is just brilliant.

bad gambler
12-20-2008, 02:28 AM
I haven't read through this thread so apologise if asked already

1. What was your greatest challenge when you first came to Australia? How did you cope initially?

2. If you were in charge of Tennis Australia what would be your high level plan to turn around the sport in the country?

3. If you were down to your last $50 and were told that you couldn't use it to buy food or drink what would you do with it?

4. If you could create a fantasy tennis match between any 2 players in the open era at the peak of their respective games what match would that be, on what surface and why?

Action Jackson
12-20-2008, 03:13 AM
I haven't read through this thread so apologise if asked already

1. What was your greatest challenge when you first came to Australia? How did you cope initially?

2. If you were in charge of Tennis Australia what would be your high level plan to turn around the sport in the country?

3. If you were down to your last $50 and were told that you couldn't use it to buy food or drink what would you do with it?

4. If you could create a fantasy tennis match between any 2 players in the open era at the peak of their respective games what match would that be, on what surface and why?

1. That's a good question. I first came here as a teenager and I did one of year of high school, in which I didn't learn very much, but I got very familar with the rules of sports that were popular here and then when I left I did have access to the BBC, hence I was able to follow it, that was the fun part.

I was lucky that I had a basic level of English before I came here, but the situation around it wasn't always the best, it involved a separation and I had to adjust to those surroundings in an unfamilar environment, tough at the time, but got through it well enough.

2. First thing I would do is abolish all of the synethic grass courts, or as I call them "pathetic grass". This surface is not good for producing champions or players being able to play at the good level. So having plenty of clay courts which is the best surface for player development, irrespective of how suited their games are to other surfaces. Next of all, they should be able to use recycled water that has been treated properly to keep the courts in good condition.

The transition from juniors to seniors, seems to be a problem as well. I think at 16 or 17, they should be trying to play Futures events and if good enough challenger qualies, no point playing juniors in the last 2 seasons, unless it's the Slams.

3. Bet it on something and hope to turn it into a greater profit or give it someone who needed it more than me.

4. Probably the easiest one that comes to my head would be Kuerten and Nadal on clay. Mainly it would be a fun exercise to see them with the same technology and Guga having fun with the backhands.

Eden
12-27-2008, 11:04 PM
3. In no order, þeyr, Bubbi Morthens, Turbonegro, Entombed, Korpiklaani, Turdus Musicus, Tyr, Mari Boine, Ebba Grön, No Fun at all, Fintroll, Gyllene Tider that will do for now.

I only know Gyllene Tider because of Per Gessle. Is the band still active? :)

6. Stich, well he has his business interests, but it's difficult for him as in reality Hamburg has been pissed on as an event, its status has been downgraded and not likely to come back. Just hope he can run the tournament well, but that's not usually a problem for German events.

I was really surprised to hear that he is now working as a tournament director there considering that Steeb had the job done just for 1 year. I mean they knew about the possibility of losing the Masters status already for a while and therefore it's strange that Steeb succeed to Walter Knapper just to make way for Stich now.

It has to be seen how the new date of the tournament will work out for Hamburg. There are summer holidays in the federal state right then.

Thanks for taking time to answer the questions :)

Do you mind to answer some more ones?

1) Who do you expect to have his breakthrough in 2009 on the tour?
2) Which have been your favourite matches this year?
3) What was the weirdest match of the year?
4) How many tennismatches have you recorded?
5) In which way would you like to see Muster working for tennis (as a coach, counsellor...)?
6) Do you see yourself returning to Scandinavia one day or is your future in Australia?
7) How did you discovered MTF and how did the forum changed over the years?
8) When you first joined MTF, did you ever imagine you would stay as long around as you have?

Action Jackson
12-28-2008, 07:54 AM
I only know Gyllene Tider because of Per Gessle. Is the band still active? :)

1) Who do you expect to have his breakthrough in 2009 on the tour?
2) Which have been your favourite matches this year?
3) What was the weirdest match of the year?
4) How many tennismatches have you recorded?
5) In which way would you like to see Muster working for tennis (as a coach, counsellor...)?
6) Do you see yourself returning to Scandinavia one day or is your future in Australia?
7) How did you discovered MTF and how did the forum changed over the years?
8) When you first joined MTF, did you ever imagine you would stay as long around as you have?

1. Eduardo Schwank.

2. Horna vs Calleri Acapulco, plus Koubek-Moya and Koubek-Mathieu from the AO.

3. Seepi and Kiefer from Hamburg was strange and a good result.

4. Can't remember.

5. He is working on an academy, but Austrian tennis is poorly organised.

6. The answer to both of these questions is yes and no.

7. Don't remember and for the second part, there were less fanboys/girls, who have fuck all understanding of the game and not wanting to know either. There was more actual tennis discussion, though not a huge amount.

8. Never thought about it.

Midnight Express
01-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Well,oh well...look who we got here, Mr.Mysterious.
Here we go:

1) Almost 100.000 posts and never a pic of yourself? Am I right? Are you fat? Hiding st.? Big nose?

2) Opinion on R.Nadal..natural X stereoids? I like that kid but..

3) Opinion on cheaters and gambling phantoms like Davydenko...Italian squadra..

4) Opinion on WTA, I mean nr.1 spot for anyone, whole Top 10 players always injured, 13years old players...

5) Is tennis DEAD?

6) Nadal - Federer 2008 Wimbledon final or Borg - McEnroe one?

7) Do you play tennis?

Go for it! The last question is gay but only coz you know the rest is opinion-like and to tell the truth, havent read a single line here, so feel free to copy,if you have already answered that questions...

Angle Queen
01-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I, too, was curious to know if you played tennis yourself...or any other sports?

Do you see yourself as one of the MTF "elders"?

What draws you to tennis (as a game), e.g. what makes you a fan?

What's a typical day in your life?

When you were a kid, what was your favorite toy or pastime?

What's the longest time you've talked on the phone (and who was the call to)?

What's the last (material) gift you gave someone?

Do you have a pet?

Old argument, but update it please: should men and women have equal payouts on tour?

Which poster would you like to hear from more frequently?

Since you haven't closed your "spotlight," have you perhaps enjoyed answering the questions more than you thought you might? (btw, I've enjoyed reading the questions and the answers)

Action Jackson
01-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Well,oh well...look who we got here, Mr.Mysterious.
Here we go:

1) Almost 100.000 posts and never a pic of yourself? Am I right? Are you fat? Hiding st.? Big nose?

2) Opinion on R.Nadal..natural X stereoids? I like that kid but..

3) Opinion on cheaters and gambling phantoms like Davydenko...Italian squadra..

4) Opinion on WTA, I mean nr.1 spot for anyone, whole Top 10 players always injured, 13years old players...

5) Is tennis DEAD?

6) Nadal - Federer 2008 Wimbledon final or Borg - McEnroe one?

7) Do you play tennis?

Go for it! The last question is gay but only coz you know the rest is opinion-like and to tell the truth, havent read a single line here, so feel free to copy,if you have already answered that questions...

1. All of the ones you mentioned.

2. Very tough question, but I can't say for sure. I will give him the benefit of the doubt, it wouldn't surprise me either way.

3. Problem is that there are always going to be temptations in professional sport, especially where there is gambling involved. It's an individual thing, as no circumstances are the same.

As for the phantoms, well the ATP don't really want to address the issue of gambling, if they were serious about it, then they would make more effort in attempting to catch the bigger fish and not banning these guys for betting 5 euros.

4. I don't follow it.

5. Not dead, but definitely needs some improvement and very shitty management structure doesn't help and the ATP doesn't act as a players union, which is what it was meant to be when it was set up.

6. Borg-McEnroe easily.

7. Yes, I do.

reggie1
01-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Enough already! :mad: leave me alone! :armed:
You lot are mean!

cobalt60
01-01-2009, 06:45 PM
You lot are mean!

:awww: M in MTF stands for meaness I am afraid. But nice to see you stand up for yourself.
I have no questions for anyone anymore.

reggie1
01-01-2009, 07:22 PM
:awww: M in MTF stands for meaness I am afraid. But nice to see you stand up for yourself.
I have no questions for anyone anymore.

I've learnt the hard way Cobalt60 :sad: The T is for "twisted" and the F is for "fu*k*rs!" :lol::tape:

Nathaliia
01-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Can you play any musical instrument?

Have you ever had any pets?

Reincarnation is bool schett but let's assume it exists, and whom were you in your previous life?

What was the most romantic thing you have ever done fo someone?

Do you often get drunk?

cobalt60
01-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I've learnt the hard way Cobalt60 :sad: The T is for "twisted" and the F is for "fu*k*rs!" :lol::tape:

Just let it slide. ;) Those 2 posters are actually some of favs really and they are just having a go at you.
Good questions Nathi :yeah:

Henry Chinaski
01-01-2009, 08:00 PM
You lot are mean!

Chill. It was cute.

reggie1
01-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Thank you, I don't feel so wounded now! :angel::lol:

Action Jackson
01-01-2009, 11:54 PM
I, too, was curious to know if you played tennis yourself...or any other sports?

Do you see yourself as one of the MTF "elders"?

What draws you to tennis (as a game), e.g. what makes you a fan?

What's a typical day in your life?

When you were a kid, what was your favorite toy or pastime?

What's the longest time you've talked on the phone (and who was the call to)?

What's the last (material) gift you gave someone?

Do you have a pet?

Old argument, but update it please: should men and women have equal payouts on tour?

Which poster would you like to hear from more frequently?

Since you haven't closed your "spotlight," have you perhaps enjoyed answering the questions more than you thought you might? (btw, I've enjoyed reading the questions and the answers)

1. I used to play football, but now only play a few non serious games, but when I was at home I played a lot more sports.

2. Not really, it's just someone who has for better for worse still here.

3. Too far gone to remember what got me into the game, but it's there now, it's quite a sociable sport, it's not difficult to play, but it's very difficult to play it well.

4. I wake up, go to uni or work, go the gym, meet some friends, eat and sleep.

5. Wandering down to wharf looking at the boats.

6. Too long, but it was someone who I hold in high regard.

7. I got them a T-shirt.

8. No

9. Definitely not.

10. Merton, Sjengster

11. It depends on the questions, if they are good ones, then it's not a problem, if they are shit ones, then I will treat it as such.

Action Jackson
01-01-2009, 11:58 PM
Can you play any musical instrument?

Have you ever had any pets?

Reincarnation is bool schett but let's assume it exists, and whom were you in your previous life?

What was the most romantic thing you have ever done fo someone?

Do you often get drunk?

1. I have attempted to play drums, that would be the closest, though I get thrown out of a punk band for being too shit, but the kazoo would be the best ones.

2. No, never had any. They require proper care and attention, which is something we couldn't have done, so no.

3. Probably some rabid conservative fucker.

4. Turn up on time to a date.

5. Not that often, but never to the point, where I don't remember what goes on in the evening.

LinkMage
01-02-2009, 02:31 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before but this has always intrigued me.

How old are you?

Bonus question: What is your real name?

Action Jackson
01-02-2009, 02:34 AM
Sorry if this has been asked before but this has always intrigued me.

How old are you?

Bonus question: What is your real name?

Spiro.

Henry Chinaski
01-02-2009, 11:09 AM
If you had a 1000 dollar free bet that could only be placed on the outright winner of the Australian Open who would it go on?

SwiSha
01-02-2009, 11:56 AM

Spiro.

Action Jackson
01-02-2009, 12:44 PM
If you had a 1000 dollar free bet that could only be placed on the outright winner of the Australian Open who would it go on?

A free bet I'd put on Nalbandian for the odds, but the Swiss with the 2nd best backhand in Switzerland would be more likely.

Kitty de Sade
01-02-2009, 11:33 PM
1) A newly unemployed Mr. Disney is retooling his resume. He is unsure of his options for a choice of new career, and consults you for help. For what type of job do you tell him he is suited?

2) Gaudio has made a pact with the devil. In exchange for a condition to be named later, the devil promises to make sure Gaudio wins one more big title and his loved ones are forever taken care of in luxury. As promised, Gaudio wins the 2009 RG title without dropping a set, and immediately announces his departure from the tour, retiring as twice a GS champion.

Per their agreement, the devil visits Gaudio the next day to name the price to be paid for his good fortune. Gaudio's punishment is to spend the next 6 months stranded on a desert island with either you or me. (Assume all basic needs are taken care of- water, food, shelter, safety, etc ***and no documentation of any kind will be done, nor any information shared with the public.)

Who does Gaudio choose to be marooned with for the duration of the sentence, and why?

3) Thoughts/opinions/advice about the institution of marriage?

4) Biggest surprise to reach/fail to reach the ATP's top 10?

5) A site called Advice.com (http://advice.eharmony.com/article/5-types-of-women-that-men-avoid.html) published an article detailing the 5 types of women men will avoid. The list read as the following:

A) The Flirty Bird

Men love women who flirt. Men are drawn to a good flirt because besides being fun and charming, she’s definitely not shy. The flirter shows interest right off the bat, making the “getting to know you” aspect of courtship all the more easy. For a guy, not having to do all the work is a relief.

But there’s a difference between a situational flirt and a serial flirt, and the latter is something that men just don’t want to deal with. A serial flirt giggles, touches, and tosses her hair at everyone: the best friend, the boss, the father. A woman who bats her lashes indiscriminately seems like a challenge at first—How do I get her to just pay attention to me?—but that game gets old really fast.

After a while guys realize that the Flirty-Bird needs constant attention because she’s stricken with major self-esteem issues. An extremely confident and patient man may be able to deal with this kind of behavior, but he’ll probably run himself ragged before realizing that the Flirty-Bird isn’t worth his time.

B)The Commitment-Phile

Imagine that you’re a guy for a second. You meet a fantastic woman and you’re having a great first date. The lighting is just right and the food is perfect. You’re sharing a great conversation and just beginning to get comfortable when…WHAM! Your date starts talking about your wedding location, how many kids she wants and Big Lug, the name of your future dog.

It puts a lot of pressure on a guy right off the bat. In any healthy relationship, the first couple of months—and especially the first couple of dates—should be kept light. A woman who fast-forwards to the happily ever after makes guys wonder if they really are her perfect match. With such a speedy narrative, perhaps her plans are all about fulfilling her dreams regardless of who is standing across from her at the altar.

C) The Cling-On

A needy nuisance, this gal can’t go anywhere or do anything without the company of her man. She adopts his interests, calls 15 times a day and flies off the handle anytime she’s not around to monitor his behavior. The Cling-On is more work than a relationship deserves. She is there at your beck and call and relies on you to entertain her because she basically has no life of her own. The Cling-On smothers any chance of a guy missing her by robbing him of energy and exhausting his patience with her demands.

D) The Party Girl

When men meet this ball of fun, they think she is the life of the party. She’s carefree, maybe a little wild, and from the outside looks like a person they may be interested in. Once they get a closer look, however, they realize that her entire life is a party. While a guaranteed good time may seem like a good idea, what will she be like in the sobering light of day?

Her hilarious antics, outgoing personality and righteous dance moves are good in small doses, but the Party Girl doesn’t know the meaning of “closing time.” It’s hard to have a healthy relationship with a person who is masking major problems underneath his or her party hat. Plus, we all know that people who can't amuse themselves without mind-altering substances just aren’t any fun when the party is over.

E) The Windbag

Yakkity Yak. The Windbag is the woman who never shuts up, barely stopping to breathe. Seeming only concerned about what is going on in her life and sharing her prattling insights, this Chatty Cathy also has Drama-Queen tendencies (not good).

The Windbag’s rambling renditions drive men crazy for obvious reasons, but they also make men feel a little obsolete since they can go on and on without anyone else’s input. Most people think it takes two to have a conversation, but not The Windbag.

Women are more verbal than men and get a bad rep for being garrulous. The Windbag, however, doesn’t know that the sound of silence is golden. She needs to learn that the more you talk, the less you learn.

Please rate them in order from least to most annoying, in your opinion. (Your extra commentary is most welcome btw, provided you are your usual cheery self. :) )

Nathaliia
01-02-2009, 11:43 PM
Gaudio will pick George because George wouldn't later make a coverage story about it on Tennistalk and wouldn't include it in his quiz question :D

My questions now.

1. Do you like/watch volleyball?

2. Your favourite person in Poland's history (can include football lol)

3. Opinion on Midnight Express (jesus)

4. Sorry if it was asked earlier; I haven't seen. Do you think Nadull has a chance to win 4 slams in one season? Or is it realistic for any player ever yet to do it?

Kitty de Sade
01-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Gaudio will pick George because George wouldn't later make a coverage story about it on Tennistalk and wouldn't include it in his quiz question :D

This possibility doesn't exist in hypothetical land, but I'll set it up in case GWH is a :yawn: purist that way.

EDIT: Fixed. :D

Action Jackson
01-03-2009, 02:36 AM
1) A newly unemployed Mr. Disney is retooling his resume. He is unsure of his options for a choice of new career, and consults you for help. For what type of job do you tell him he is suited?

He should work Ion Tiriac in some form, either as a cleaner, gofer, agent or whatever job Ion will have for him.

2) Gaudio has made a pact with the devil. In exchange for a condition to be named later, the devil promises to make sure Gaudio wins one more big title and his loved ones are forever taken care of in luxury. As promised, Gaudio wins the 2009 RG title without dropping a set, and immediately announces his departure from the tour, retiring as twice a GS champion.

Per their agreement, the devil visits Gaudio the next day to name the price to be paid for his good fortune. Gaudio's punishment is to spend the next 6 months stranded on a desert island with either you or me. (Assume all basic needs are taken care of- water, food, shelter, safety, etc ***and no documentation of any kind will be done, nor any information shared with the public.)

Who does Gaudio choose to be marooned with for the duration of the sentence, and why?

Assuming Gaudio takes the offer from the devil. As for who he would take . You would be more likely to want something out of him and no this doesn't mean bonking specifically, in addition demand plenty of attention and drama, plus once back from the island, there will be ways of you getting it around, your promotion skills are excellent. Therefore if Gaudio wants that for 6 months, then you'd be perfect.

3) Thoughts/opinions/advice about the institution of marriage?

If people want to get married, then good luck to them, but if you love the other individual, then a piece of paper isn't going to make it more meaningful, there is either mutual love or not.

4) Biggest surprise to reach/fail to reach the ATP's top 10?

Vince Spadea.

5. I can't rate them in any order, because they are all just as annoying for differing reasons.

Flirty Bird - The constant attention above what is reasonable is too much, get comfortable with yourself and don't pass all the insecurites onto your partner.

Commitment-Phile - Relax, there is no need to be planning weddings and wanting kids after the first 10 minutes, that shit is too much, at least spend time in getting to know them, the fear of being alone is a bit much.

Cling Ons - Hahahaha, they are a bit special, got to ask the question as to why the need to be so clingy. Breathing is an underrated aspect of human existance.

Party Girls - Well they are the ones to have as friends for the most time, but there needs to be balance and in this case the balance is to the prohibited substances.

The Windbag - Nothing more to add from the site on this one, honestly as for talking too much, it depends on the content of what is being said, but listening skills are very important, this one seems to only exist in her bubble.

Action Jackson
01-03-2009, 02:47 AM

My questions now.

1. Do you like/watch volleyball?

2. Your favourite person in Poland's history (can include football lol)

3. Opinion on Midnight Express (jesus)

4. Sorry if it was asked earlier; I haven't seen. Do you think Nadull has a chance to win 4 slams in one season? Or is it realistic for any player ever yet to do it?

1. It's a very good sport, I don't watch is as much as I would like, but when there is a major championship on I'd watch it, but far from an expert, that would be Jimbo.

2. Artur Partyka, Zbigniew Boniek and Mariusz Pudzianowski.

3. Cool guy, would like to party with this man.

4. The fun answer is to say yes, he will go through the year undefeated. But the honest one, I think he can win 2 Slams in a season again, though the GS is unlikely. Laver and Budge have won it already.

finishingmove
01-03-2009, 03:01 AM
hello, spiro. :wavey:

only 1 question for now. are u related to xristos?

Action Jackson
01-03-2009, 03:02 AM
No, no one in my family is that sexy.

Thanos
01-03-2009, 04:13 AM
which nation, do you think is going to win the hopman cup?

do you think cornet would scream like little kitten, if you tap it?

carl weathers vs chuck norris, who will win?? and why??

if all red apples are juicey, but not all juicey apples are red. what is the colour of my apple?

Action Jackson
01-03-2009, 05:35 AM
which nation, do you think is going to win the hopman cup?

do you think cornet would scream like little kitten, if you tap it?

carl weathers vs chuck norris, who will win?? and why??

if all red apples are juicey, but not all juicey apples are red. what is the colour of my apple?

Clown event, just to be different Slovakia.

Cornet, has a great ski jump nose, she is a feisty one and hope that would carry through.

Carl Weathers is a cooler and not a bible loving Christian like Chuck Norris. I think the feet of Chuck would give him the edge.

Too hard for me.

scarecrows
01-11-2009, 07:58 AM
what players are you waiting forward to watch in person at the AO?

Will you be among the Berdych Army?

will you say HI to Xristos? :awww:

NinaNina19
01-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Will you watch Dokic and what do you think of her? Thanks :).

Action Jackson
01-11-2009, 01:14 PM
what players are you waiting forward to watch in person at the AO?

Will you be among the Berdych Army?

will you say HI to Xristos? :awww:

1. The King and just the ones I normally watch, though many of my fave players aren't coming this year.

2. Depends on the match, but I will speak with them without a doubt.

3. We'll see.

Action Jackson
01-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Will you watch Dokic and what do you think of her? Thanks :).

No, and I don't think of her.

scarecrows
01-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Clown event, just to be different Slovakia.

good call here, although it was just to be different

Action Jackson
01-11-2009, 02:12 PM
good call here, although it was just to be different

I actually thought they would do alright, then when they made the final, haha. No, I won't bet on exhos.

zeleni
01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
What do you think about people who feel shame to admit they are following WTA?

Did you ever find snake in your house?

What are winters like in Australia (I mean southern hemisphere winters - Jun, July, etc)? How cold it is?

Action Jackson
01-11-2009, 06:36 PM
What do you think about people who feel shame to admit they are following WTA?

Did you ever find snake in your house?

What are winters like in Australia (I mean southern hemisphere winters - Jun, July, etc)? How cold it is?

1, Each to their own when it comes to that, but don't preach equal prizemoney to me and say it's justified.

2. Luckily no, spiders yes, but the only snakes would be a bad house mate.

3. Depends on which part of the country, the areas in the north, they are very warm, close to the equator and dry season, whereas in the south they are mild, only the mountain areas get minus temperatures that hang around for the day.

zeleni
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
OK Thanks.
Just one clarification. Does "mild" winter in the south means that temperature rarely gets bellow zero? Does it snow sometimes in the south?

Thanos
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
I actually thought they would do alright, then when they made the final, haha. No, I won't bet on exhos.

damn you george you killed my next question...

is there a reason why you hate tt so much??

what the most random comment someone has ever said to you (in real life)?

who your favourite pokemon?

do you ever watch anime? if so, what your favourite movie/series?

hulk or the thing?

do you ever play with lego growing up?

Action Jackson
01-12-2009, 01:19 AM
OK Thanks.
Just one clarification. Does "mild" winter in the south means that temperature rarely gets bellow zero? Does it snow sometimes in the south?

Mild winter means, we don't get massive snowfalls and generally don't have days under 0 degrees.

Action Jackson
01-12-2009, 01:27 AM
damn you george you killed my next question...

is there a reason why you hate tt so much??

what the most random comment someone has ever said to you (in real life)?

who your favourite pokemon?

do you ever watch anime? if so, what your favourite movie/series?

hulk or the thing?

do you ever play with lego growing up?

1. Too much luck involved in proportion to other games.
2. I can't think of it right now, but I do remember some woman saying something to me that was very random about my interest in here, when I hadn't looked her way the whole night.
3. Don't have one.
4. I am not an anime fan.
5. The Thing
6. Not so much.

Eden
12-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Hope you don't mind to answer some more questions:

1) Who is the most improved player this season for you?
2) What has surprised you more: That Nadal lost in RG or that Agassi published a biography, revealing to have taken drugs?
3) Name 3 matches played on clay which are a must see.
4) Which country/town deserves to host a tournament?
5) Which have been your favourite matches this season?
6) Who is going to win the World Cup in South Africa next year?

Action Jackson
12-13-2009, 01:28 AM
Doris, stop asking me hard questions.

1. Chiudinelli.

2. Not a surprise Agassi took drugs at all. Of course Nadal was going to lose at RG some day, just didn't expect it to be Söderling, so that takes it.

3. Anytime Srichaphan played on clay.

4. Czech Republic

5. Nothing really stands out to be honest, maybe Davydenko's run in London and the Nadal/Djokovic match from Madrid.

6. Brazil

Ilovetheblues_86
12-13-2009, 09:33 PM
I have two cuckoo questions:

1) How do you know so many alternative bands, are you a music enthusiast, you play any instrument, do you take this kind of music into your life style, have you worked with music?

2) I give you 8 MTF posters into a tennis tournament: Mannequin, Ilovetheblues_86 Gustavom_fan, ExcaliburII, Ozone, Hkz, Glenn_Mirnyi, Adam_gee, how would you put the seeds? axa

Action Jackson
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
a) Initially before the days of internet, it was because of travelling around and trying to listen to as many tunes as I can. Also I had some older friends who passed down some of their music.

b and c) An enthusiast, I like to listen to different things so yes. I used to play drums very badly, but I am not very musical.

d and e) Not really and no.

2. Funny question, but I will try it like this.

Lion
Ilovetheblues_86
Hkz
Ozone
Glenn_Mirnyi
Adam_gee
Gustavom_fan
ExcaliburII

alfonsojose
12-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Have u ever had a man crush :drool: ?

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 08:25 AM
Have u ever had a man crush :drool: ?

No

VolandriFan
12-14-2009, 08:33 AM
Do you work out, or did those biceps come naturally?

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
Do you work out, or did those biceps come naturally?

Only do squats, leg extensions, calf raises and leg press.

Kolya
12-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Best football (soccer) goal you've seen?

Chiseller
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
1)What's your nationality and or roots?
2)Love at first sight, an idiom for the highest rating on the fuckability scale?
3)What's your stand on the recent attack on Berlusconi?
4)Is Obama a phony?
5)Why is Zidane the best midfielder to have ever graced the earth?

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Best football (soccer) goal you've seen?

Maradona vs England in Mexico 86 best ever individual goal.

Best team goals are something else.

Carlos Alberto - Brazil 1970 vs Italy

These are honourable ones.
AMLGaFczI4g

6R_iYLca2gc

7VPBAqKJD80

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 09:46 AM
1)What's your nationality and or roots?
2)Love at first sight, an idiom for the highest rating on the fuckability scale?
3)What's your stand on the recent attack on Berlusconi?
4)Is Obama a phony?
5)Why is Zidane the best midfielder to have ever graced the earth?

1. Norwegian

2. I don't believe in love at first sight, what happens in the loins on first sight is different.

3. The man is a fucking cockroach. Any guy that runs all the media outlets and then tries to pass a law so he doesn't get prosecuted for corruption. Stick to running AC Milan.

4. He is a politician, therefore a professional liar.

5. He isn't even the best ever midfielder in France.

Chiseller
12-14-2009, 09:53 AM
5) That's so wrong.

Anyway, 3) I meant the attack itself not your opinion on Berlusconi even though that certainly plays a roll as well.

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 09:58 AM
5) That's so wrong.

Anyway, 3) I meant the attack itself not your opinion on Berlusconi even though that certainly plays a roll as well.

I don't feel much sympathy, but it's not a great thing.

VolandriFan
12-14-2009, 10:23 AM
Another question: do you go out clubbing often?

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Another question: do you go out clubbing often?

Not so much these days, too many fuckwits on ice thinking they are hot shit and going through their Rocky phase. I prefer other places.

fangirl
12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm not on ice, but I am definitely hot shit :kiss:

Action Jackson
12-14-2009, 11:58 PM
I'm not on ice, but I am definitely hot shit :kiss:

You got a Lady Gaga avatar, you are scary.

ExcaliburII
12-15-2009, 12:03 AM
1) How much do you like tenis pro? :worship:

2) Have you ever visited Argentina?

3) If yes, what do you think about it? If no, will you ever be coming?

Action Jackson
12-15-2009, 12:08 AM
1. Fun show.

2. Sadly not as yet, only one in the family that hasn't been there.

3. Would love to go there and not exactly sure when it will be, but saving towards it.

ExcaliburII
12-15-2009, 12:11 AM
When you come to Argentina, will you contact me? :worship:

Action Jackson
12-15-2009, 12:29 AM
I know some people in Bs As, but a trip to Argentina will consist of more than staying in Bs As. I could use a translator and my Spanish is crap, so I'd have no problems in meeting you.

ExcaliburII
12-15-2009, 12:32 AM
vamossss

1) Have you met any MTF guys/girls? If yes, who?

2) Are you a tits or an ass guy?

3) Do you own any pets?

4) Would you rather kill your father or kill yourself?

5) Are you religious?

Action Jackson
12-15-2009, 12:40 AM
1. Yes, I have met quite a few MTF people and there are more that I would have no problem meeting up with. The ones I will name are Peta, Kristen, Christina (she is a fan of Magnus Norman) and Bjurra.

2. Arse, but with the titties, got to be creative with what's in front of you.

3. No

4. Myself, my dad is a great guy.

5. No, if people want to believe in that sort of thing, then that is fine. Just don't try preach and convert me when I say I am not interested, in some ways it can be a unifying force but in more ways it's used as a way of control and oppression.

cobalt60
12-15-2009, 01:16 AM
1. If you could choose anywhere to live on earth where would it be?

2. Hot or cold?

3. What would be your ultimate profession? That you could actually make a living at :p

4. How many siblings do you have?

5. If you could choose one MTF'er to have a knock down drag out fight who would it be and why?

Action Jackson
12-15-2009, 01:38 AM
1. Not sure really. I wouldn't mind somewhere where there is some altitude as I prefer mountains to beaches, as long as I was able to cable TV reception to watch the sports and get the necessities, then that would be it.

2. Cold

3. I don't have a dream profession, especially since from the age of 10 I knew I wasn't going to make it on the sporting field.

4. 3

5. Hard question, too many to choose off the top of my head and I don't hit women, anyone who does is a fucking weak coward.

fangirl
12-15-2009, 08:29 AM
You got a Lady Gaga avatar, you are scary.

I know you don't mean that darling.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 12:19 AM

Of course I mean it.

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 12:27 AM
1. Favorite clay-courter of all time?

2. Favorite alcoholic beverage?

3. Favorite sex position?

4. Will you ever post your picture on MTF?

5. When I play in the Aussie Open, will you get your harem of women to support me and put Safin's 2002 AO Finals box to shame?

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 12:48 AM
1. Favorite clay-courter of all time?

2. Favorite alcoholic beverage?

3. Favorite sex position?

4. Will you ever post your picture on MTF?

5. When I play in the Aussie Open, will you get your harem of women to support me and put Safin's 2002 AO Finals box to shame?

1. I don't have a specific answer for this, there are a few of them. I mean Borg was the one that got me into the game initially. Wilander solidified it and then crazy Kent Carlsson with that mullet and technique has a special place.

2. Vodka, absinthe, beer and schnapps.

3. Most of them. Though the wheelbarrow in addition to telling them her sister or mother was better in bed and holding on for the ride always works.

4. Enough people know who I am for better for worse.

5. I wish I had a harem, but would do my best in this regard.

Machiavelli
12-16-2009, 09:42 AM

Of course I mean it.

Pure class AJ ;)

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Pure class AJ ;)

Not something that is often said about me :)

Eden
12-20-2009, 02:00 PM
Doris, stop asking me hard questions.

My ones are pretty lame compared with other ones.

1. Chiudinelli.

I didn't expected you would name him.

2. Not a surprise Agassi took drugs at all. Of course Nadal was going to lose at RG some day, just didn't expect it to be Söderling, so that takes it.

That Söderling was the one to beat Nadal proved once again that not always a "big name" is the one who stops the run of a player at a tournament.

Some new ones:

1) You grew up in Scandinavia. Did you learn German in school and if yes how much of the language do you still remember?

2) Do you see any new "tennisboom" in Sweden after Robin's great season this year, especially since his run at RG?

3) How long do you expect Peter Lundgren to continue his work with Dimitrov?

4) Who is the most underrated tenniscoach on the tour?

5) Do you think Sampras regrets it that he retired in 2002 and didn't played any longer?

6) Which tournaments have you been to this year and which ones do you plan to go to next year?

Action Jackson
12-21-2009, 12:41 AM
My ones are pretty lame compared with other ones.

I didn't expected you would name him.

That Söderling was the one to beat Nadal proved once again that not always a "big name" is the one who stops the run of a player at a tournament.

Some new ones:

1) You grew up in Scandinavia. Did you learn German in school and if yes how much of the language do you still remember?

2) Do you see any new "tennisboom" in Sweden after Robin's great season this year, especially since his run at RG?

3) How long do you expect Peter Lundgren to continue his work with Dimitrov?

4) Who is the most underrated tenniscoach on the tour?

5) Do you think Sampras regrets it that he retired in 2002 and didn't played any longer?

6) Which tournaments have you been to this year and which ones do you plan to go to next year?

1. Yes, I did learn it at school. I hated school for the most part and my German teacher mixed in with my own attitude at the time were enough to ensure that my German language skills are still shit.

2. Not sure really, some places it has kicked off and others it hasn't. There will never be another boom like they had after Borg.

3. Well that all depends on whether the player is ready to listen to his advice. If not, then Lundgren will walk away as he did with Rios.

4. Vajda.

5. No.

6. Aus Open and Burnie challenger, same again in 2010.

zeleni
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
1. Why do you wave Iceland flag if you are Norwegian?
2. Who is the lady in your avatar?
3. Who is your most favorite player in current top 10? Who is your least favorite player in current top 10?
4. Do you support Norwegian membership in NATO?

Action Jackson
12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
1. Got family relations from there and change from the Sami flag.
2. Random redheaded woman, who is not my girlfriend.
3. Don't like any of them too much, some are like yeah they aren't bad maybe Davydenko and hated Roddick.
4. Indifferent.

out_here_grindin
12-21-2009, 02:53 PM
1. If you suddenly recieved $100 million (or your currency) what would you do with it?

Action Jackson
12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
1. If you suddenly recieved $100 million (or your currency) what would you do with it?

Go on a proper holiday, invest some of it and help the people closest to me.

Eden
12-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Yes, I did learn it at school. I hated school for the most part and my German teacher mixed in with my own attitude at the time were enough to ensure that my German language skills are still shit.

How many years did you learn German? I think you don't have really the opportunity to use the language, so it's easy to forget a lot of things when you don't speak it.

Not sure really, some places it has kicked off and others it hasn't. There will never be another boom like they had after Borg.

Same goes here for Germany after the days of Becker and Graf.

Which former players are currently involved in Swedish tennis?

Only a few ones before I leave this thread - until next year ;)

1) Which GM thread was the most entertaining one for you?

2) Which of the players who retired after this season will you miss the most?

3) Have you ever seen Muster playing on the seniors tour? What do you think about this tour?

4) Which player do you expect to have a breakthrough next year?

5) You probably got to see some old matches through download or DVD: Which ones did you enjoyed the most?

and lastly

Have you been at least a little bit happy that Roger won RG this year?

Action Jackson
12-24-2009, 02:14 PM
How many years did you learn German? I think you don't have really the opportunity to use the language, so it's easy to forget a lot of things when you don't speak it.

I am not sure actually, think it was about 4 years. It sucked then and it sucks now my German language skills are poor and always have been.

Same goes here for Germany after the days of Becker and Graf.

Which former players are currently involved in Swedish tennis?

Germany has the size in its favour and they have a good structure there so they will produce players.

A few of them Nyström has been involved, though he is on tour now with Melzer. Jonas Svensson is involved as well.

You ask good and tough questions which makes a change.

1. Oscar Hernandez, but seriously the ones that actually does things that are interesting and not just flaming.

2. Calleri and Horna

3. Yes, I have seen him. It has a place for sure, but it needs to be a bit more inclusive than it is at the moment.

4. Just for something different Rui Machado.

5. Don't have any real favourite ones, if I have them on dvd then I'd have to enjoy them. It all depends on the mood, though at the moment I am enjoying Corretja and Gaudio from Gstaad 2002.

It's good that Federer was finally able to win all of the Slams at least once and doing it quicker than the previous fraud who achieved this.

NinaNina19
12-24-2009, 03:24 PM
The girl in his avatar is Brazilian Cintia Dicker.

JMG
12-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Where would you place the legend Jay Jay Okocha in a "Best African football player of all time" ranking?

fangirl
12-26-2009, 08:55 PM
Not something that is often said about me :)

With good reason :)

Action Jackson
12-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Where would you place the legend Jay Jay Okocha in a "Best African football player of all time" ranking?

That is a tough one. I mean Eusebio is the best one sure he played for Portugal, but he is Mozambiquean.

I'd rate him 8th on par with Drogba behind Eusebio, Coluna, Weah, Madjer, N'Kono, Milla, Abede Pele.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 12:36 AM
What is your favourite movie?

Who is your favourite 80s movie star?

Should Jesse Ventura have run for President?

Do you know of Arsen's whereabouts?

If you could change one thing about tennis, what would it be?

Action Jackson
12-27-2009, 12:45 AM
What is your favourite movie?

Who is your favourite 80s movie star?

Should Jesse Ventura have run for President?

Do you know of Arsen's whereabouts?

If you could change one thing about tennis, what would it be?

1. I don't have a specific favourite one, but I have a few of them, this is not in any order. Fargo, Scarface, Taxi Driver, Once Were Warriors, 101 Reykjavik, Le Placard, Get Ready to be Boyzvoiced, Insomnia (Norwegian original), Clockwork Orange, Life of Brian, Holy Grail and Dogday Afternoon.

2. I'll pick the star of Predator, the man Jesse Ventura.

3. Yes, I'd loved that, but the way the party system is in the US there was no chance of him getting elected, unless he joined one of the major parties.

4. He might be in Belgrade, though I think he is from the northern part of Serbia.

5. Sneaky question, there are two major bugbears of mine. I will go with shorten the length of the tennis season.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 12:49 AM
1. I don't have a specific favourite one, but I have a few of them, this is not in any order. Fargo, Scarface, Taxi Driver, Once Were Warriors, 101 Reykjavik, Le Placard, Get Ready to be Boyzvoiced, Insomnia (Norwegian original), Clockwork Orange, Life of Brian, Holy Grail and Dogday Afternoon.

Not familiar with some of those. I didn't realise the Insomnia I had seen was a remake.

5. Sneaky question, there are two major bugbears of mine. I will go with shorten the length of the tennis season.

What's the other?

Action Jackson
12-27-2009, 12:53 AM
Not familiar with some of those. I didn't realise the Insomnia I had seen was a remake.

Yes, the original was made in my hometown and much better than the remake. The ending was a bit different as well.

Once were Warriors is a NZ film that deals with problems in the Maori community in South Auckland with a man who can't harness his anger and how it impacts on the people around him. Takes a look at the problems with alcohol, violence in the Maori community.

What's the other?

Homogenisation of the tennis surfaces.

rocketassist
12-27-2009, 03:40 AM
Homogenisation has messed up tennis too much for sure.

Stensland
12-27-2009, 02:57 PM
should iceland join the european union and the european currency system?

do you think it will?

Action Jackson
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
No.

Unsure, there are large segments of undecided people in the country and it will depend on how the respective sides pitch their campaigns.

Stensland
12-27-2009, 03:13 PM
doesn't it depend mostly on how negotiations with creditor nations and the imf turn out? financially iceland is fairly vulnerable as a stand-alone country in times of crises. after all, it's not like they wanna join the eu because they felt the general idea was great, but largely due to the desperate need for back-up.

what do you believe iceland will rely upon in the coming years? fishing? export of geo-thermal energy?

Clydey
12-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Who are your heroes, if any at all?

What is your earliest memory from growing up?

What, if any, regrets do you have?

What are your best and worst character traits?

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 06:58 AM
doesn't it depend mostly on how negotiations with creditor nations and the imf turn out? financially iceland is fairly vulnerable as a stand-alone country in times of crises. after all, it's not like they wanna join the eu because they felt the general idea was great, but largely due to the desperate need for back-up.

what do you believe iceland will rely upon in the coming years? fishing? export of geo-thermal energy?

No, it doesn't. Even now they are in a much better financial state than several EU members, they would be a net contributor as well.

If they join the euro, then are dependent on what Germany wants and that is not necessarily what is best for Iceland.

It's economy has had many booms and busts. The IMF well most of their policies are there to further interests of big business and this is what happened to cause the country to collapse initially, lending money in banks that wasn't theirs among other things.

Fishing, tourism and energy sectors. The EU is not the benevolent saviour.

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Who are your heroes, if any at all?

What is your earliest memory from growing up?

What, if any, regrets do you have?

What are your best and worst character traits?

1. I don't have any famous heroes at all. The people that would come closest are the ones who toil hard and provide great services to the community and don't the recognition they deserve in this time of ridiculous celebrity worshipping.

2. Empty spaces and snow.

3. Logging onto MTF, but things happen for a reason throughout life and it's a learning experience whether positive or negative.

4. Best, well ask the people who think I am ok, they can give a better answer than me. The one thing I will say is loyalty.

The worst trait, well I tend to be suspicious and don't always believe the best in people. There are plenty of others.

Kitty de Sade
12-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Happy (almost) 2010, Grump. I hope the new year treats you well. :)

3. Logging onto MTF, but things happen for a reason throughout life and it's a learning experience whether positive or negative.

1) Given your profile and measure of respect here, why would you consider that a regret?

2) Someone you and I both know (and don't like) considered Gaudio's 2009 a failure, despite climbing from a zero ranking to 167 in less than 12 months.

Does his assessment have any merit in your mind?

3) On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate the picture in my signature? If it's below a 9, please give a reason.

4) How do you think Helfant did as a replacement this year? Did he fare any better than Mr. Disney?

5) I asked Clydey this, but I'd like your answer too-

Provided you would not be tossed into the pokey, which professional athlete deserves a hefty bitch slap and why?

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 08:31 AM
1. It's done now, but as I said things happen for a reason.

2. Interesting question. As for being a failure, well this individual is either delusional or has unrealistic expectations. The main thing is what would be considered success considering where he came from. Sure some more challenger titles would be great, but it didn't happen.

3. 2 and this is only because Casillas is a class keeper.

4. Helfant has one thing going for him in that we hardly hear anything from him. Though he did say something about an All-Star thing or something like that. He is probably pursuing similar goals to Mr. Disney, but being sneaky about it.

5. There are so many who fit this list. Agassi, Gerrard, Raul, there is a cricket player called Shane Watson he deserves a few to the head.

VolandriFan
12-28-2009, 08:32 AM
1) Are there any sports you can't stand to watch?

2) Labor or Liberal?

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 08:36 AM
1. American football, swimming and synchronised swimming, does figure skating count as a sport?

2. Neither.

Kitty de Sade
12-28-2009, 08:50 AM
2. Interesting question. As for being a failure, well this individual is either delusional or has unrealistic expectations. The main thing is what would be considered success considering where he came from. Sure some more challenger titles would be great, but it didn't happen.

He is both delusional and unrealistic, but what he said has been bothering me for some reason. You were the only one I knew who would understand.

1) Do you think it's fair for him to compare the 2003/2004 Gaudio to the 2009 version?

3. 2 and this is only because Casillas is a class keeper.

Awful answer, but not unexpected.

2) If you had been tapped to make the call about replacing Mr. Disney, anyone specific you would have chosen?

3) Since you mentioned Agassi- Were you at all surprised about his meth admission?

4) Given his talent, why didn't Rios win a Slam?

5) Any early predictions for the World Cup's Group G?

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 09:03 AM
Kelli, be happy I gave a Real Madrid player some praise.

He is both delusional and unrealistic, but what he said has been bothering me for some reason. You were the only one I knew who would understand.

1) Do you think it's fair for him to compare the 2003/2004 Gaudio to the 2009 version?

2) If you had been tapped to make the call about replacing Mr. Disney, anyone specific you would have chosen?

3) Since you mentioned Agassi- Were you at all surprised about his meth admission?

4) Given his talent, why didn't Rios win a Slam?

5) Any early predictions for the World Cup's Group G?

1. Of course it's unfair and delusional to think decline isn't going to set in at all. I mean if it happened to Borg, Laver, McEnroe, Sampras, Wilander and Connors then Gaudio is not immune. Time is not stagnant.

2. Someone who is not full of crap and not so much in favour of the tournaments. The ATP as a structure needs to be reformed, so the person they have now is what they deserved.

3. Not surprised at all, too bad he didn't reveal everything.

4. Mentality.

5. Portugal won't get out of the group.

acionescu
12-28-2009, 09:28 AM
Don't you dare ruin Raul's pretty face in the process :armed:

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Don't you dare ruin Raul's pretty face in the process :armed:

You only have another 140 000 guys to drool over.

VolandriFan
12-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Do you think age is as much mental as physical in tennis?

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Do you think age is as much mental as physical in tennis?

1. Depends on the individual really. Each of them hits their peak at different times and there have been quite a few players recently for example King Oscar, Russell, Luczak, Gicquel who have had career best years at older years.

Also the training is important, they might have to do things differently and recovery as well, but once they lose a step of speed then they will be brutally exposed.

acionescu
12-28-2009, 08:50 PM
You only have another 140 000 guys to drool over.

They're still too few, none of them can't get wasted :(

Clydey
12-28-2009, 11:35 PM
1. What super power would you like to have?

2. If you could sleep with one celebrity, who would it be (other than Jesse Ventura)?

3. What are your thoughts on Gu's ban and do you think he'll bother coming back?

4. Pacino or De Niro?

Action Jackson
12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
1. Invisibility.

2. I like pussy too much, so I am not sleeping with any man no matter how cool he is.

3. His ban, well I said this somewhere else. His previous antics beforehand didn't help him at all in this case. I read the comments, they were critical at best and very harsh at worst. It was against the spirit of the contest and the provisos where in place to guard against that sort of thing, hence he paid the penalty for the comments.

4. De Niro in a split decision

Kitty de Sade
12-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Kelli, be happy I gave a Real Madrid player some praise.

I know. Giving them any sort of stroke must have hurt. I hope you didn't pull anything.

1) Please settle a dispute.

My friend and I disagree about the trajectory of Jesse Ventura's career. My friend, a wrestling purist, thinks that the Body is a sell out for going into politics. I say that he's a mighty shrewd man who (somehow) convinced a bunch of people to vote him into office.

Disregarding your personal bias against me, who is right in this case?

2) What is the nature of your strong dislike for Real Madrid?

3) Is it possible for men and women to really be "just friends?"

4) Which 90's tennis player turned out to be the biggest bust/disappointment? (You may not choose Agassi here.)

5) Assuming you would let me inside your house, what (if anything) would I find in your liquor cabinet?

Action Jackson
12-29-2009, 02:51 AM
I know. Giving them any sort of stroke must have hurt. I hope you didn't pull anything.

1) Please settle a dispute.

My friend and I disagree about the trajectory of Jesse Ventura's career. My friend, a wrestling purist, thinks that the Body is a sell out for going into politics. I say that he's a mighty shrewd man who (somehow) convinced a bunch of people to vote him into office.

Disregarding your personal bias against me, who is right in this case?

2) What is the nature of your strong dislike for Real Madrid?

3) Is it possible for men and women to really be "just friends?"

4) Which 90's tennis player turned out to be the biggest bust/disappointment? (You may not choose Agassi here.)

5) Assuming you would let me inside your house, what (if anything) would I find in your liquor cabinet?

1. Very interesting question here. I can see both points of view in this one. Well he had his wrestling and acting career, but he and Monsoon were the perfect announcers and once that ended he had to start looking at other opportunities in life, which is no different from any other individual. Ventura is no fool, he might present himself in such a way that he was underrated and that helped him get elected in Minnesnowta. It's a combination of both he was shrewd and made some good career decisions, especially after the blood clots in the lungs stopped from being a performer, but the sell out point of way, I am just glad he was not a Republican like so many wrestlers are.

2. Franco support and how he used them to solidify his centralist policies. The fact the Spanish State effectively wiped out their massive debts by buying back the land their previous training ground was on, which was used for future Olympic bids. The State would not have interfered or bailed out clubs like Valencia, Sevilla or Barcelona if they were swimming with huge debts in the red. The press of AS and Marca, especially idiots like Tomas Roncero who keep it going and the moronic campaign of trying to get Raul back into their national team when he was dropped in 2007/2008. The fact they dropped him was the reason Spain was able to win the Euros.

3. They can, but it depends on the individuals, but they need to get the nonsense and underlying tensions out of the way early. I have numerous female friends and that is exactly what they are, no underlying tension or no bonking buddies, not that there is anything wrong this at all in fact it should be encouraged, no I am not talking about the tension. At the same time these are usually different kinds of friendships, but for me it's not a problem.

4. You are pushing me to say Rios, but I am not going to. Corretja for not winning Roland Garros once and maybe Horsti Skoff who was a talented player but a total Grand Slam gimp.

5. You're right, you wouldn't get inside. There isn't much here just a bottle of vodka and some beers from a microbrewery.

JolánGagó
12-29-2009, 10:15 AM
2. Franco support and how he used them to solidify his centralist policies. The fact the Spanish State effectively wiped out their massive debts by buying back the land their previous training ground was on, which was used for future Olympic bids. The State would not have interfered or bailed out clubs like Valencia, Sevilla or Barcelona if they were swimming with huge debts in the red. The press of AS and Marca, especially idiots like Tomas Roncero who keep it going and the moronic campaign of trying to get Raul back into their national team when he was dropped in 2007/2008. The fact they dropped him was the reason Spain was able to win the Euros.

Truer impossible.

Action Jackson
12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Truer impossible.

It wasn't the only reason, but it was the biggest one for sure as they were able to play in the way that best suited their particular resources, by getting rid of the deadwood.

fangirl
12-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I love Raul, he was my first football crush back when I was an 11 year old, but getting rid of his ego was one of the best things they could have done for Euro 2008. Team Morale looked so high all through that tournament, something Raul was not always a good contributor towards.

Also: I don't think anyone can deny Villa and Torres are both stronger strikers than Raul right now, so their selection is justified, especially as their partnership is nothing short of deadly when they are on top form.

Action Jackson
12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
I love Raul, he was my first football crush back when I was an 11 year old, but getting rid of his ego was one of the best things they could have done for Euro 2008. Team Morale looked so high all through that tournament, something Raul was not always a good contributor towards.

Also: I don't think anyone can deny Villa and Torres are both stronger strikers than Raul right now, so their selection is justified, especially as their partnership is nothing short of deadly when they are on top form.

Raul was the master of scoring goals against the San Marinos and Liechtensteins of the world. He never did too much in the big games for Spain at all.

Villa and Torres is the best combo for them in the national team, especially with their speed and with the mix of tempo passing game that Spain plays, need explosive movement up front and this is something Raul can't provide.

Clydey
12-30-2009, 01:39 AM
1. Pele or Maradona?

2. The one place you would love to visit before you die?

3. Favourite decade?

4. What sport do you think the world could really do without? For example, Curling.

5. Do you consider marriage a necessary gesture of committment or a profound waste of time?

Action Jackson
12-30-2009, 01:46 AM
1. If I am with Argies I say Pele. If I'm hanging with Brazilians, then it's Maradona. I will give it to Pele just, but these two are so far ahead it's not funny.

2. Tierra del Fuego, the southernmost point of Argentina.

3. 80s.

4. Synchronised swimming.

5. Very much a waste of time. If you love an individual and want to be with them, then you don't need a piece of paper confirming it.

Clydey
12-30-2009, 01:53 AM
5. Very much a waste of time. If you love an individual and want to be with them, then you don't need a piece of paper confirming it.

That's how I feel about marriage and the answer I usually give, almost to the letter.

1. Worst drunken experience?

2. What hard drugs have you taken and which of them would you never try again?

3. You're in Amsterdam. Do you go out to a club and try to pull a chick or do you go to the RLD and pay for some action?

4. Best character ever created for television?

Apologies for the quality of the questions. I'm just coming out with whatever question pops into my head.

Action Jackson
12-30-2009, 02:03 AM
1. Had some black sambuca shots after having these horrible drinks at a party and was rotten for a long time. I mean not even the greasy food or the hydration techniques worked at all.

2. No hard stuff at all, seen what it does to too many people.

3. I'd just go out and if I got lucky that would be good, but if you go out actively looking to get laid, then it's not likely to work unless you are very rich and are willing to pay for it. I am neither.

4. Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets, but I will expand on this later.

rocketassist
12-30-2009, 03:32 AM
1 Should Thomas Muster have dominated the clay court tour a lot more than just one RG title?

2 Would Muster push Nadal theoretically or would Rafa roast him in a best of 5?

3 Was Corretja the better clay courter than Costa despite the latter winning RG?

4 Which grand slam semi final result in history would you change?

5 Did you dislike Stefan Edberg?

6 Who would you say in the entire history of tennis was the most wasted talent?

7 What was the best match you've seen live, as in at the stadium?

8 Is Shane Watson the biggest cockhead in cricket or is Ponting still the bigger arsehole?

9 Beautiful South or the Housemartins?

10 Manchester or Liverpool? (city wise)

11 Michael Bridges or Vincent Pericard?

12 Celtic or Rangers? Personally don't like either myself.

13 Labour, Tories, Lib Dems, UKIP, Green etc, which British party do you prefer and which is the worst?

14 Describe a Shetland accent, I have heard that it sounds a mix of Scottish and Danish but I have never heard one myself.

15 Have you been to the USA before?

16 Who out of the Premier League contenders do you want to win and why?

Aphex
12-30-2009, 04:53 AM
1. Is Tromsö the place to go for ERASMUS if your an overage manurse student?

Action Jackson
12-30-2009, 06:48 AM
1. Is Tromsö the place to go for ERASMUS if your an overage manurse student?

Yes, you should go there. It's a good city to study in and pretty down to earth attitude.

Action Jackson
12-30-2009, 07:37 AM
1 Should Thomas Muster have dominated the clay court tour a lot more than just one RG title?

2 Would Muster push Nadal theoretically or would Rafa roast him in a best of 5?

3 Was Corretja the better clay courter than Costa despite the latter winning RG?

4 Which grand slam semi final result in history would you change?

5 Did you dislike Stefan Edberg?

6 Who would you say in the entire history of tennis was the most wasted talent?

7 What was the best match you've seen live, as in at the stadium?

8 Is Shane Watson the biggest cockhead in cricket or is Ponting still the bigger arsehole?

9 Beautiful South or the Housemartins?

10 Manchester or Liverpool? (city wise)

11 Michael Bridges or Vincent Pericard?

12 Celtic or Rangers? Personally don't like either myself.

13 Labour, Tories, Lib Dems, UKIP, Green etc, which British party do you prefer and which is the worst?

14 Describe a Shetland accent, I have heard that it sounds a mix of Scottish and Danish but I have never heard one myself.

15 Have you been to the USA before?

16 Who out of the Premier League contenders do you want to win and why?

1. He was the best player in 96 on clay, but lost to Stich who played very well that day and these kinds of players always played well against Muster irrespective of surface. Edberg, Stich, Sampras, Rafter and Petty Cash all had success. Muster preferred playing other baseliners where he could use his strength and endurance, this in addition he didn't like being rushed and his passing shots were average, and he lost to Sampras and Rafter at RG. I mean he had his big chance in 1990 in the semis, but Gomez outplayed him and stopped rug man.

2. If Nadal plays aggressively and uses his forehand down the line more than once every 4 months then he wins comfortably, as that would be the shot he can use to take time away from Muster.

3. Tough question, but I would say Corretja was slightly better.

4. I prefer not to think about this, but if there was one then it would be RG 99.

5. Yes, I was not a fan at all.

6. Magnus Larsson

7. Best one result wise would be at Prater Park (Ernst Happel Stadium) for the Davis Cup 1990 semi final when Muster mauled and humiliated Agassi. Henman and Cañas at the Aussie Open will do as the answer to this

8. Watson easily. This man who spends too much time looking in the mirror and on haircare products. Yes, Ponting is a shit captain, but he is not as bad as Watson.

9. Hull question, this one the Beautiful South

10. I haven't been to either city for any extended time, but I do like the lassies with a northern accent

11. Bridges

12. Neither, it would be Partick Thistle in Scotland. Thought out of the two it would be very slight preference to Celtic.

13. It would depend on where I lived in the Uk. If I lived in Scotland or Wales, then I'd be more likely to vote SNP or Plaid Cymru respectively if I chose to exercise that option. The worst well that would be the Tories, but Labour aren't much better.

14. It's quite unique, it's a mix of Scottish and Norwegian. At times a bit tonal, but generally softer than on mainland Scotland. Here is a Shetlander 8SuYieBaZ4c

15. No, only one in the family who hasn't.

16. Man City, someone else needs to win it for a change.

fangirl
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
8. Watson easily. This man who spends too much time looking in the mirror and on haircare products. Yes, Ponting is a shit captain, but he is not as bad as Watson.

And hitting on schoolgirls. Skeeze.