In the spotlight - Henry Chinaski [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - Henry Chinaski

Nathaliia
12-07-2008, 04:04 AM
Why such name? Are you Chinese or Polish?

Feeling elite belonging to my chat thread?

Manny's the's best in his category. y/n

Which country you'd like to visit?

Do you visit countries to see something in them or just score easy women and drink cheap beer?

How did you start to gamble?

NinaNina19
12-07-2008, 04:27 AM
Do you dislike me or like me and why?
Do you gamble a lot?

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 04:55 AM
Why such name? Are you Chinese or Polish?

I'm neither. Henry Chinaski is American poet Charles Bukowski's alter-ego. Bukowski ia my favourite author.

Feeling elite belonging to my chat thread?

To be honest I don't remeber half the shit I posted there but I didn't think anyone ever took anyone notice until you mentioned my name in your own spotlight thread. I was quite flattered then to be honest. I guess the little things in life make a difference.

[quote]
Manny's the's best in his category. y/n

no clue what this even means. sorry.

Which country you'd like to visit?

Too many to mention to be honest. I'm on an Eastern European buzz though after my trip to Budapest and I'd love to go to the Krakow football derby. That shit looks extreme. From what I've heard St. Petersburg sounds amazing too

Do you visit countries to see something in them or just score easy women and drink cheap beer?

I actually really enjoy sight-sighing. In Budapest I got up early every morning and strolled around looking at the sights despite my insane hangovers. I loved the place. I've given a false impression of myself with my drunken posts here I think.

that's a great question. I think it started when I went to some horse racing (Galway Races 2003) with my Grandad. I lucked out that day and won some money. Me and my Grandad just bonded over it and I've never felt such an intense connection with another human being since I felt since that day. (And I feel it to this day.)The first tennis bet that made me think I could make money on that sport was Ferrer v Roddick, Miami 2006. Awesome match.

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 05:04 AM
Do you dislike me or like me and why?
Do you gamble a lot?

1. I really like you. You seem very naive in a very endearing way. I can't be more specific than that right now, sorry.

2. Whether I gamble a lot is obviously relative but I would say no. I'm pretty selective with my bets and I can happily go a whole week without betting at all. I ONLY bet on tennis. Check out any thread in Gambler's Lounge and I'm the type that has 5-10 bets per week rather than multiple bets per day.

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 05:05 AM
wow I suck at multi-quote but I think the last post made sense if you read it carefully.

Action Jackson
12-07-2008, 05:17 AM
- What are your favourite sports?

- What's your most embarrassing moment?

- What are your pet hates?

- What are the qualities the most you admire/dislike in people?

- What is it about U2 that really fucks you off?

- When you are betting, how easy it for you to use logic and not just back your favourites?

- Should I play this game?

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 05:56 AM
- What are your favourite sports?

football was the leader for 15 years but right now tennis is so far ahead it's unreal. Undisputed number 1. I also like gaelic games, athletics and snooker.

- What's your most embarrassing moment?

I honestly don't embarrass easily. But anyway. When I was in 2nd year at college I lived on campus and had to take a shortcut across a football pitch to get home quickly. Anyway, I went shopping in Tesco one evening and I'm walking home with a big heavy motherfucker of a bag on my shoulder (bottled water, beer, HEAVY). I should also mention the fact that the pitch is damp and I'm wearing an old wear pair of shoes with ZERO grip. Anyway, I'm cutting across the corner of the pitch, some dudes are playing football and the ball just rolls towards me. The sensible thing to do would be to gently kick it back to them but me being an arrogant prick, I decided I was going to impress these random assholes and whip in a cross a la Beckham. So I lined myself for the big whipped cross, exaggerated technique and all. I swung with my right, my left was having none of it and slid from under me. I went literally arse-first 6 feet in the air, probably did a sommersault and landed on my head. The ball moved less than 6 inches and I'm just sitting there in a pool of mud. As you'd expect they were laughing their asses off but all I could think to do was salute them and take a bow..[/quote]

- What is it about U2 that really fucks you off?

The difference between Bono and Geldof sums it up for me. I'm no cynical asshole who despises any fucker who tries too hard to "make a difference". Gelfof finds himself in the role of a UN ambassador but he is fully allware of the absurdity of a mediocre 80's pop star assuming the role of world saviour. He regularly laughs at himself and the role he finds himself in. Bono on the other hand is totally devoid of any sense of irony and seems to consider his save-the-world role as the most natural thing in the world. I also think their music is embarrassingly bad. Type "Bill Bailey U2" into youtube for an amusing exposè of their music.

- When you are betting, how easy it for you to use logic and not just back your favourites?

Pretty easy for me really. I'm a dog backer by and large. Also I'm a natural pessimist who expects my own favourites to lose all the time so I have no problem opposing them.

- Should I play this game?

if you've got time to kill online then fuck it, go for it man

I'll take down the rest of the questions later. I really need sleep right now. My formatting probably sucks again so apologies for that.

Naranoc
12-07-2008, 07:27 AM
1) Your seem pretty chilled on here - I don't think I've ever seen you wound up or offended at anything. Is that how you are in real life?
2) Which type of drunk person would annoy you the most?
3) What would be your ideal job at the moment?
4) What % of the posts that you make in Nathii's thread do you remember writing?
5) Which football clubs do you genuinely dislike/hate?
6) Do you think FedAce is genuine?

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
that's a great question. I think it started when I went to some horse racing (Galway Races 2003) with my Grandad. I lucked out that day and won some money. Me and my Grandad just bonded over it and I've never felt such an intense connection with another human being since I felt since that day. (And I feel it to this day.)The first tennis bet that made me think I could make money on that sport was Ferrer v Roddick, Miami 2006. Awesome match.

the galway races 2003... is what first took me to Ireland, after not knowing what to do after travelling through Europe, sitting in Islington, London... read a piece on the Galway Races, and went to Victoria Station and bought a bus ticket to Galway :lol: ... in late May (!) of that year, 2003... had heard a bit about it the Races before that anyways... i ended up spending 10 months in Connemara being the first barman to serve consistantly till late night at Renvyle House Hotel since who knows f*** when... and, yeah... The Races... what a show... Slovakia, England, Australia... i came back to live in Ireland though mate... :yeah:

so...

how do feel now that the government reduced late licences to 2:30am... and not 4am...?
would Ireland benefit from continental style bar policies, drinking till 7am if the people wish...?
what change do you feel could be made to lift the profile of tennis in Ireland (ie: back to mainstream news)...?

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
- What are your pet hates?

cucumber, broken remote controls, other people's opinions on politics and football, sky sports' english premier league hype machine, wet weather, fashion trends, reliance on mobile phones. Among others

- What are the qualities the most you admire/dislike in people?

Admire: ambition that isn't financially motivated, honesty.
Dislike: Arrogance combined with stupidity. Neither is a contemptible trait on it's own but they are a lethal combination.

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 07:18 PM
1) Your seem pretty chilled on here - I don't think I've ever seen you wound up or offended at anything. Is that how you are in real life?

pretty much. I know what sort of discussions and situations will annoy me and tend to avoid them. Also if I am genuinely pissed off I stew on the inside and act nonchalant rather than let some prick know he has gotten to me.

2) Which type of drunk person would annoy you the most?

violent drunks in general. or anyone who vomits in public.

3) What would be your ideal job at the moment?

writing about tennis or teaching english somewhere with a nice climate

4) What % of the posts that you make in Nathii's thread do you remember writing?

most of them I think. I have a pretty solid drunk memory but. but then if I don't remember them there's a good chance there could be some there that I don't know about.

5) Which football clubs do you genuinely dislike/hate?

Manchester United. I dislike a few more but none come close to them.

6) Do you think FedAce is genuine?

No chance

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
the galway races 2003... is what first took me to Ireland, after not knowing what to do after travelling through Europe, sitting in Islington, London... read a piece on the Galway Races, and went to Victoria Station and bought a bus ticket to Galway :lol: ... in late May (!) of that year, 2003... had heard a bit about it the Races before that anyways... i ended up spending 10 months in Connemara being the first barman to serve consistantly till late night at Renvyle House Hotel since who knows f*** when... and, yeah... The Races... what a show... Slovakia, England, Australia... i came back to live in Ireland though mate... :yeah:

cool. It's a great spot that week. Didn't go last year because Gramps is too ill for it these days. pretty sure I got the year wrong in that post. My first year at Galway gambling was probably more like 2000

how do feel now that the government reduced late licences to 2:30am... and not 4am...?

everywhere here is 2.30 - 3 anyway so it doesn't impact me personally. Then 10pm off-license rule is the dumbest shit I've ever heard though.

would Ireland benefit from continental style bar policies, drinking till 7am if the people wish...?

long term I think it would be beneficial alright. Initially though I think it would be a disaster. People would still go out at the same time and drink at the same pace. One big mess. The cultural change would be very gradual.

what change do you feel could be made to lift the profile of tennis in Ireland (ie: back to mainstream news)...?

I don't think anything short of an Irish player cracking the top 50 could make a difference right now. Failing that, the press needs to study Murray's family tree for an Irish connection and adopt him as our own. We have the same problem as Britain where tennis is considered a summer hobby not a year round sport. People just have to do their bit for their local club and get as many kids playing all year round as possible. Hopefully then the bigger picture will look after itself in the long term.

NinaNina19
12-07-2008, 10:21 PM
What do you look for in a girl?

Henry Chinaski
12-07-2008, 11:12 PM
What do you look for in a girl?

a pulse.

if I was looking more long term then a cute face, intelligence and a sense of humour. I'm not really bothered about tits, ass etc but nice legs would be a good bonus.

Fensler
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
The difference between Bono and Geldof sums it up for me. I'm no cynical asshole who despises any fucker who tries too hard to "make a difference". Gelfof finds himself in the role of a UN ambassador but he is fully allware of the absurdity of a mediocre 80's pop star assuming the role of world saviour. He regularly laughs at himself and the role he finds himself in. Bono on the other hand is totally devoid of any sense of irony and seems to consider his save-the-world role as the most natural thing in the world.

1) Whom would you consider to be "The Bono of Tennis"? (Which one, if any, most closely fits what you've described in the above quote in terms of personality, image, on-court/off-court demeanor, etc. Both retired and current pros are eligible for this.)

2) What is your opinion of the following band, song, and performance?

fmdmnnv2NkY

martine2
12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I'd sure like to ask you some questions allright, but I don't know enough about you to ask the right ones :p
Only thing I know is you like languages :awww:
(supposed to be a rep, but "I had to spread some...)

Henry Chinaski
12-15-2008, 09:49 PM
1) Whom would you consider to be "The Bono of Tennis"? (Which one, if any, most closely fits what you've described in the above quote in terms of personality, image, on-court/off-court demeanor, etc. Both retired and current pros are eligible for this.)

2) What is your opinion of the following band, song, and performance?

fmdmnnv2NkY

1. Hard to say, but Agassi seems to fit the bill. I've seen a few ads on tv for his Vegas academy and they made me cringe. The ends arguably justify the means here but using images of apparently impoverished, disadvantaged kids to hawk luxury watches seems a bit disturbing to me. And like Bono, I always find any sentimentality he expresses hollow and unconvincing. See his on-court interview after his final match for a good example.

2. Neurosis are an incredible band. Their ability to create hauntingly beautiful music using such abrasive sounds is quite unique. They've also been hugely influential and helped spawn an entire sub-genre. To be such a heavy influence upon excellent bands such as Isis, Mastodon and Cult of Luna speaks volumes. Locust Star is one of their most acessible songs and one that I can always enjoy, whereas I have to be in a specific mood to listen to a lot of their morelong-winded and experimental stuff. The performance there is pretty much flawless though Steve seems to have a bit of a mic malfunction. In fact the sound is so good it's tempting to believe it's been studio-enhanced.

buddyholly
12-16-2008, 01:00 AM
Only 17 posts, nine of which are yours.

Why do you think nobody gives a fuck what you think?

Don't bother to answer.

shotgun
12-16-2008, 01:43 AM
Do people with extremist political views like buddyholly bother you?

its.like.that
12-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Who would be the top 10 posters on mtf you'd love to share a beer with and why?

Who would be the top 10 posters on mtf you would love to throw tomatoes at and why?

Do you have a fetish for having violent sex with a woman in a man united jersey?

Action Jackson
12-16-2008, 02:06 AM
- What do you think of Usain Bolt and did Rogge go over the top with his comments about his celebration in the 100m in Beijing?

- Do you prefer hurling or Gaelic football. If so, which county is the biggest rival?

- Do you think that the government should make more effort in promoting the usage of the Irish language, instead of just learning it for the sake of passing an exam?

- Are Coldplay the "Grand Pubahs of Bland"?

- Does it bother you when Irish emigrees come back to Ireland and are surprised that things have moved forward since the days of it being an agricultural economy?

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Only 17 posts, nine of which are yours.

Why do you think nobody gives a fuck what you think?

Because I'm boring and anonymous? Not sure tbh.

Good to see I've riled you though so at least someone has noticed me. Thanks babe. xxx

(Sorry but I felt it would be disrespectful to the Spotlight Gods to ignore your question)

Do people with extremist political views like buddyholly bother you?

Well I don't want to give him too much attention but I have a degree in politics and people like him are the reason I've grown to despise the subject and generally avoid discussing it nowadays.

Truc
12-16-2008, 02:36 PM
What languages do you speak?

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Who would be the top 10 posters on mtf you'd love to share a beer with and why?

One of the best things about MTF is collectively abusing players when there's gambling money involved and it'd be cool to bring it to real life by drinking a heap of beer with some of the more smart and vlugar members here, drinking our body weights in beer, placing some bets and heading to the outside courts of a slam. Maxxo, fast_clay, malisha, jaap, pmk, swish and your good self would be useful for this. We'd need Bilbo to chime in every now and then with some of his catchphrases too and to whinge that he was quitting betting forever every time he lost. Jelena would be there to lecture us on how we were going to burn in hell for our behaviour.
And finally Nathii because I can never score Polish girls at home and she could introduce me to her sluttiest friends.

Who would be the top 10 posters on mtf you would love to throw tomatoes at and why?

I'd rather throw bricks at some of the clowns on here so I'd prefer to use the tomato throwing thing as a kind of wet t-shirt competition with 10 of the hottest females. Problem here is I don't know what many people look like so I'll have to base my answer on rumours and total guesses: Kitty, Naranoc, Nina, Jelena, Getta, Nat, Truc, tangerine_dream, BGT.
EDIT: The biscuit added based on very recent photographic evidence.

Don't worry, this would be a very tasteful and sophisticated cultural event, so much so that I might even stage it in a theatre, so no need for any of the above to be offended.

Do you have a fetish for having violent sex with a woman in a man united jersey?

not until now.

shotgun
12-16-2008, 03:46 PM
- Dylan is clearly past it, Bilbo is declining and Jaap has been permanently banned. Who will be the king of the live score threads in 2009 in your opinion?

- You said you've recently been to Budapest. I have too and I found the Hungarian women to be quite cold and unfriendly, especially if you compare them to the Czechs and the Poles. Do you agree with my view?

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2008, 05:58 PM
- What do you think of Usain Bolt and did Rogge go over the top with his comments about his celebration in the 100m in Beijing?

I didn't really follow the Olympic sprinting that closely so don't have much opinion to be honest. I don't mind the showboating. It's been part of the 100m for a long time. I do think it makes him look like a bit of a dick though just like a large proportion of the best sprinters in recent years. I don't see it as disrespectful to his rivals so yes Rogge's comments were off the mark.

- Do you think that the government should make more effort in promoting the usage of the Irish language, instead of just learning it for the sake of passing an exam?

good question. I'm not sure what the government can do because if people feel the language is being forced upon them it will only arouse resentment. That's been the main effect of making the language compulsory at school level (and with the bureaucratic nightmare of having every single official form printed in both languages). The majority of people just grow to hate it. The focus of the teaching needs to be different as well. The emphasis needs to be placed on conversational Irish because right now it's too heavily geared towards tedious grammar as well as the usual stuff you'll find in an English exam (answering questions on shitty poems, plays etc). If it was no longer mandatory and was more enjoyable to learn I think more people would maintain an interest after they left school. Revamping the education system is one positive move the government could make.

- Are Coldplay the "Grand Pubahs of Bland"?

excellent turn of phrase. just perfect for those assholes. "yes" in other words.

- Does it bother you when Irish emigrees come back to Ireland and are surprised that things have moved forward since the days of it being an agricultural economy?

This has always been one my pet hates. These people try and act like Ireland has changed for the worse. They claim there has been a loss of culture, community values etc etc. The simple fact is that they resent their loss of status. In the dark days they were the envy of the village when they returned home flaunting their wealth and boasting about how much they earned abroad. Nowadays nobody outside their immediate family would give 2 shits. They know it and hate it so they yearn for the good old days conveniently ignoring what an impoversihed shithole this place was for 70% of the population.

What languages do you speak?

martine has peobably mistaken my envy and admiration towards those who have mastered other languages as a real interest in languages themselves.

English is the only language I speak fluently. I can speak quite a bit of Irish but it has decayed since my school days due to lack of use. I probably know enough that I could become fluent in a matter of months if I lived in an Irish-speaking region. I also speak some Spanish and am currently teaching myself. I've probably reached the stage where in order to go any further I need to move to a Spanish-speaking country and immerse myself in it. It's something I'm considering.

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2008, 06:41 PM
- Do you prefer hurling or Gaelic football. If so, which county is the biggest rival?

From a technical point of view hurling is far greater sport and it gets the nod here. The skill and courage levels are phenomenal and exceed anything you'll find in Gaelic football. However I follow gfootball more and attend a lot more matches because the lack of depth in hurling makes the top-level competition quite uninteresting. Also g.football is far more popular here (Westmeath). Meath are our greatest rivals though I also have plenty of personal contempt for Cork, Kerry and Dublin.

- Dylan is clearly past it, Bilbo is declining and Jaap has been permanently banned. Who will be the king of the live score threads in 2009 in your opinion?

very tough to say. It'll be interesting to see if old hands like Ivan and Ryan take things up a notch or if new emerging talent like YasmineBleeth can step up to the plate. I think the answer has to be Jaap's next ,whatever that may be called. I don't think he could survive without the therapeutic outlet that is the livescores thread

- You said you've recently been to Budapest. I have too and I found the Hungarian women to be quite cold and unfriendly, especially if you compare them to the Czechs and the Poles. Do you agree with my view?

Tricky one to answer. I met so many people from all over the world in the hostel and mostly hung out with them so I didn't spend a whole lot of time speaking to Hungarian girls. A lot of the bar staff were moody bitches but not enough to make a definitive judgement on.

shotgun
12-16-2008, 09:03 PM
- Did you do sightseeing while you were in Budapest, and if yes what was your favorite part of the city?

- Did you go to any discos there? Also, did you learn the difference between a disco and a night club for Budapest inhabitants, and by any chance if you got into a taxi, did the driver try to take you to one of these night clubs? :lol:

- What was your biggest single payout in a bet?

- For you what was the best Irish WC football team: the '90 one, that reached the quarters without winning a single game; the '94 one, that managed to beat Italy in the opening round; or the '2002 one, that managed to secure a draw against Germany in the group stage and got kicked out of the tournament in the Round of 16 without suffering a single loss?

- Do you drink lots of Guinness? Have you ever visited the Guinness factory in Dublin?

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
- Did you do sightseeing while you were in Budapest, and if yes what was your favorite part of the city?

yeah I did quite a bit. The area around the Royal Palace was my favourite. It was snowing when I was there so it looked extra-awesome.

- Did you go to any discos there? Also, did you learn the difference between a disco and a night club for Budapest inhabitants, and by any chance if you got into a taxi, did the driver try to take you to one of these night clubs? :lol:

yeah I went to heap of places. Don't remember any names of any except Morrison's, which contrary to what the name might suggest, seemed to be predominantly full of teenage locals. You may enlighten me on the difference between a disco and a nightclub there because I never encountered that issue. I didn't get any taxis either. Walking miles in the snow while is the best hangover cure ever and besides they have a reputation as con-artists.

- What was your biggest single payout in a bet?

800 euros or so. That was exceptional though and I'm generally a very small-time gambler.

- For you what was the best Irish WC football team: the '90 one, that reached the quarters without winning a single game; the '94 one, that managed to beat Italy in the opening round; or the '2002 one, that managed to secure a draw against Germany in the group stage and got kicked out of the tournament in the Round of 16 without suffering a single loss?

Excellent question. You can scratch 2002 for starters. The absence of Keane was obviously a huge blow and the tournament came just a few years too late for guys like Quinn and Staunton (whose inclusion in central defence shows up the lack of quality in the squad). They fought hard but there wasn't any impressive team performance. It was a weak tournament so I don't place any value on a draw with the eventual finalists. Also Spain were down to 10 men, trying their best to choke and we didn't even have the ability to create a clear cut chance.

The 1990 squad did have quality but also failed to put in a single good performance. Charlton had them playing ugly long ball football when a team with creative midfielders like Sheedy and Whelan should've been capable of so much more. McCarthy picked ahead of O'Leary is a good illustration of Charlton's philosophy.

I think 1994 was the best team. They played more football than previous Charlton sides and Keane and Sheridan were the best central midfield combo we've had in my lifetime. McGrath was world class and the emerging youngsters like Babb, Kelly and McAteer, none of whom ever lived up to the potential they showed back then, gave the team a lot of energy. The Dutch team that beat them (due to 2 unforced errors) showed against Brazil in the quarters that they were potential winners with a bit more luck. Also 1994, unlike 90 and 02, was a high quality tournament so yeah I'd go for the 1994 team. Shame Niall Quinn was missing as at 27 he should've been near his peak then.

- Do you drink lots of Guinness? Heve you ever visited the Guinness factory in Dublin?

Nah, I don't like Guinness at all. I find it pretty tasteless and heavy on my stomach. I feel full after 1 pint as if I'd been drinking a thick soup. Never been to the factory either. Tourists seem to speak very highly of it but I don't think I'll ever be arsed checking it out.

shotgun
12-17-2008, 01:09 AM
Good stuff Henry.

yeah I went to heap of places. Don't remember any names of any except Morrison's, which contrary to what the name might suggest, seemed to be predominantly full of teenage locals. You may enlighten me on the difference between a disco and a nightclub there because I never encountered that issue. I didn't get any taxis either. Walking miles in the snow while is the best hangover cure ever and besides they have a reputation as con-artists.

Discos for them are like normal clubs, where there's electronic music playing and you can buy drinks and meet people. Night clubs are strip clubs/whorehouses. Me and my friend had that problem, we'd ask taxi drivers about night clubs and they would always take us to strip clubs. :lol: Then after much explanation one of them said "Oh! You mean a disco!". Same thing with the hotel receptionist, we asked him about nightclubs and he looked embarassed and said he didn't know any. Then the next day we asked him about discos and he suggested us three different places :lol: - one of them we went to and it was pretty cool.

But you're right about their reputation and there are some dodgy things going on, I could see for myself. I can only imagine how things are farther in the East, in places such as Russia, Ukraine and Belarus.

Nah, I don't like Guinness at all. I find it pretty tasteless and heavy on my stomach. I feel full after 1 pint as if I'd been drinking a thick soup. Never been to the factory either. Tourists seem to speak very highly of it but I don't think I'll ever be arsed checking it out.

What's your booze of choice then?

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2008, 01:32 AM
Good stuff Henry.

Discos for them are like normal clubs, where there's electronic music playing and you can buy drinks and meet people. Night clubs are strip clubs/whorehouses. Me and my friend had that problem, we'd ask taxi drivers about night clubs and they would always take us to strip clubs. :lol: Then after much explanation one of them said "Oh! You mean a disco!". Same thing with the hotel receptionist, we asked him about nightclubs and he looked embarassed and said he didn't know any. Then the next day we asked him about discos and he suggested us three different places :lol: - one of them we went to and it was pretty cool.

haha. I'm glad I avoided all that. Not my idea of fun at all. A few guys I know were in Budapest 2 years ago and went to a strip club. They're not exactly the brightest kids in town and they thought it was cool when the owner wouldn't take money for drinks and said he'd bill them at the end of the night instead. Anyway, the story ends with one guy having his his finger put inside a cigar-cutter while the other 2 were brought to ATM's at gunpoint to empty their accounts. So even if I was a fan of stripclubs that story would've put me right off.

What's your booze of choice then?

Lager. Budvar and Stella Artois are my favourites at the moment but most pubs have a fairly shitty selection so if I'm on pints it's nearly always Heineken. Bottles of Miller or Corona if the pints are crap.
When I don't feel like any more lager it's vodka time.

Thanos
12-17-2008, 10:13 AM
are you a masochist or sadist??

if you were seeing someone and you really liked them. they asked you to shave your nutsack would you do it??

you have won a couple of rounds in the popularity contest, what would you say is your secret weapon??

if you were allowed to fight any mtf poster, who would it be?? and why??

its.like.that
12-17-2008, 12:01 PM
Do you smile a lot? Why?

Can you masturbate (successfully) with both hands?

Which actor would you choose to play you in a movie?

If you were sentenced to death in a state that enforces the death penalty, how would you choose to be executed?

Nathaliia
12-17-2008, 12:13 PM
wow Henry, good to see your spotlight active and quality posters asking you quality questions. I will contribute from my silly side.

How do you think what is the reason that you can't score a Polish girl? I think it's upsetting because there are many Poles in IRL and even fast clay lately got some, and we are getting more adventurous abroad than here and often very friendly for the foreign men.

scarecrows
12-17-2008, 12:22 PM
what do you think of the acronym "LOL"?

who are you top 3 gamblers of the lounge, not just in terms of successful picking?

Do you have the CD of Bukowski reading his own poetry?

its.like.that
12-17-2008, 12:30 PM
Would you turn gay for scarecrows, or any other mtf member?

Ilovetheblues_86
12-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Do you think hobbits remind irish people??? :D

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2008, 04:01 PM
are you a masochist or sadist??

ehhhh, probably more of a masochist in general if I had to pick one.

if you were seeing someone and you really liked them. they asked you to shave your nutsack would you do it??

given that I'd expect her to have a significant amount of shaving/waxing done, morally I guess I'd have to.

you have won a couple of rounds in the popularity contest, what would you say is your secret weapon??

late night drunken ramblings in the attention seeker thread combined with a relative anonymity elsewhere that means I probably don't have many haters.

if you were allowed to fight any mtf poster, who would it be?? and why??

interesting question. the obvious answer would be to go for a cockchimp like b. holly or p. donna but there's a fair chance I'd get my ass kicked so I'm not sure I'd like to risk the humiliation. Fuck it, I'll go for the latter because even if I was losing I'd make sure to destroy his Italian designer gear in my own blood.

Do you smile a lot? Why?

If I'm talking to people then yes because the mood will have been lightened by my superb wit and charm. On my own I tend to have a pissed off expression even when I'm not pissed off. I dunno, I think my face must just take a surly shape when relaxed.

Can you masturbate (successfully) with both hands?

yeah, it can be a bit of a chore though and wouldn't be a regular gameplan.

Which actor would you choose to play you in a movie?

ummm, Cillian Murphy probably. Wouldn't like to be portrayed by some yank trying to do an Irish accent.

If you were sentenced to death in a state that enforces the death penalty, how would you choose to be executed?

Firing squad. I'd feel like some kind of badass rebel from the early 20th century. Anything but lethal injection really.

TMJordan
12-17-2008, 04:17 PM
interesting question. the obvious answer would be to go for a cockchimp like b. holly or p. donna but there's a fair chance I'd get my ass kicked so I'm not sure I'd like to risk the humiliation. Fuck it, I'll go for the latter because even if I was losing I'd make sure to destroy his Italian designer gear in my own blood.

This is why you are my favorite poster. :haha: :worship:

Do you plan to back our boy Melzer in many big matches this year? :D

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2008, 04:20 PM
what do you think of the acronym "LOL"?

it's hella camp. I don't mind girls using it but guys should generally only use it sarcastically I think.

who are you top 3 gamblers of the lounge, not just in terms of successful picking?

toughie. Could easily name over 10 contenders. Anyway...

Jaap - always gave reasons for his picks and was hilarious in livescore threads.
Malisha - seems to be the king of handicap betting and is another who regularly cracks me up in livescores.
Jimbo - his running feuds with Kutafon are amusing as is his baiting of noobs. Another who has a talent for abusing players. And I always look forward to a red dot after some decent picks.

Do you have the CD of Bukowski reading his own poetry?

No. I've read 6 novels and 2 collections of short stories by the guy but haven't chcked out any of his poetry yet.

Would you turn gay for scarecrows, or any other mtf member?

nah, I think Excalibur's badass hair would be the most tempting if I had to cross over to that side though.

Do you think hobbits remind irish people???

haha. you get the award for most bizarre question. Racist caricatures of Micks and Paddies from British magazines maybe but actual Irish people I'd have to say no.

How do you think what is the reason that you can't score a Polish girl? I think it's upsetting because there are many Poles in IRL and even fast clay lately got some, and we are getting more adventurous abroad than here and often very friendly for the foreign men.

Not sure but here are some ideas outside the usual reasons for rejection. There are none in my extended social circle for starters. Also when I'm drunk in a loud nightclub I'm probably pretty tough to understand and I give up easily if I get a few "Huh??" responses. And the main club here that has the highest proportion of Polish girls is a total shithole that I've been to twice ever.

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2008, 04:25 PM
This is why you are my favorite poster. :haha: :worship:

Do you plan to back our boy Melzer in many big matches this year? :D

haha, thanks.

and for the question....

Fuck yeah. As a dog against big servers that aren't called Roddick especially. Can't lose with this bad boy.

buddyholly
12-18-2008, 02:37 AM
interesting question. the obvious answer would be to go for a cockchimp like b. holly

Stop promoting fighting Irish stereotypes.

Henry Chinaski
12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Damn, I thought I'd avoided it by admitting I'd probably get my ass kicked.

buddyholly
12-18-2008, 04:30 PM
What is a cockchimp anyway?

Henry Chinaski
12-18-2008, 04:43 PM
No idea. I heard fast-clay using it and thought it sounded comical and abusive in equal measures. Give it time and I reckon it could be the new "mug" round these parts.

buddyholly
12-18-2008, 04:52 PM
It can be googled, but only seems to be gameplayers' username. That's all I could get from it.

Fensler
12-18-2008, 05:46 PM
What do you think of Mickey Rourke's performance in Barfly?

Henry Chinaski
12-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Never seen it to be honest.

Nathaliia
12-19-2008, 01:21 AM
Wha was your favourite fail of 2008 MTF Popularity Contest so far?

Henry Chinaski
12-19-2008, 01:24 AM
The massive conspiracy that saw my pal TMJurgen eliminated. The situation was total De Villiers.
Not sure that counts as a fail though and the comp seems to have run pretty smoothly apart from that. Although maybe I haven't been paying enough attention.

buddyholly
12-19-2008, 01:51 AM
Wha was your favourite fail of 2998 MTF Popularity Contest so far?

There are 990 contests to get through before even thinking of the 2998 results.

Nathaliia
12-19-2008, 02:09 AM
I made a typo, sorry :lol:

Thanos
12-19-2008, 02:24 AM
on normal day, put these orders which you would do first to last throughout the day.

- meet some random chick and bang her
- fight a leprechaun
- drink a keg of lager
- burn a man united jersey
- dancing on the street while listing to the corrs on your ipod
- go to the track and bet all your saving
- find some random englishmen and tell them how much their country sucks
- going to a clothing store and ripping a egg fart and blaming it on some random kid

fast_clay
12-19-2008, 03:42 AM
i fought a leprechaun once... a real c*** of a thing... his name was Simon...

Henry Chinaski
12-19-2008, 10:31 PM
on normal day, put these orders which you would do first to last throughout the day.

- meet some random chick and bang her
- fight a leprechaun
- drink a keg of lager
- burn a man united jersey
- dancing on the street while listing to the corrs on your ipod
- go to the track and bet all your saving
- find some random englishmen and tell them how much their country sucks
- going to a clothing store and ripping a egg fart and blaming it on some random kid

Apart from the banging random chicks bit ,which would be wishful thinking, your description of my day is so accurate that I'm going to be filing for a restraining order in case you've actually been following me around. Though the order is generally so random that it would futile to attempt to sum up a "normal" day.

I take it you were after his gold fast_clay. Real stubborn bastards. You could beat the little prick to death before he'd lead you to it.

Nathaliia
01-02-2009, 08:01 PM
In another thread you said you wanted to gam some posters from MTF. Which ones?

Voo de Mar
01-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Have you seen "Barfly"?
Do you identify with main character of this novel/film?

the biscuit
01-02-2009, 08:29 PM
i fought a leprechaun once... a real c*** of a thing... his name was Simon...

:lol:

Question:

Westlife or Boyzone?

Nathaliia
01-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Britney Spears or Nicole Kidman? :lol:

Who are your favourite trolls on MTF?

Why did you think I backstabbed Clydey while taking the test?

Fensler
01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
What do you think of Mickey Rourke's performance in Barfly?

Never seen it to be honest.

Have you seen "Barfly"?

I suppose he could've watched it very recently over the holidays, but prior to that, probably not. :D

Henry Chinaski
01-04-2009, 07:54 PM
In another thread you said you wanted to gam some posters from MTF. Which ones?

the biscuit for sure but I'm sure I'd give almost anyone here a title shot given enough beer.

Have you seen "Barfly"?
Do you identify with main character of this novel/film?

No (thanks Fensler)

I can identify with some of his thought processes and anti-social tendencies but on the whole I've never lived in poverty, been stuck in a menial dead-end job or had an alcohol problem so I would have to say no.

:lol:

Question:

Westlife or Boyzone?

Boyzone by a mile. They at least have the decency to take the piss out themselves occasionally. Westlife are ****s who think that the only possible reason anyone could dislike them is jealousy. They're probably the worst of all the manufactured pop bands. I honestly can't see how anyone could listen to their drippy shit.

Britney Spears or Nicole Kidman? :lol:

Don't really care much for either of them really. I'd rather gam Nicole I guess.

Who are your favourite trolls on MTF?

Glenn, Jimbo and Leng

Why did you think I backstabbed Clydey while taking the test?

did I say that? I don't even remember to be honest but if you did its probably because you're an evil bitch.

Fensler
01-04-2009, 10:44 PM
1) Of the various bands that you enjoyed during the 1990s, which ones in particular are no longer of interest to you?

2) Looking back, are you glad that you became a participant in that Israel/Gaza/Hamas thread?

Henry Chinaski
01-05-2009, 12:06 AM
1) Of the various bands that you enjoyed during the 1990s, which ones in particular are no longer of interest to you?

good question. well there are 2 ways to interpret the question. there are plenty of bands whose more recent releases are of no interest to me but I still love the old stuff that got me into them in the first place. fear factory, metallica, entombed, biohazard, nada surf, sick of it all, public enemy and weezer all spring to mind. I couldn't even tell you if a few of those bands are still active or not.

then there are the bands I liked that I virtually never listen to anymore and don't understand why I liked them so much in the first place. red hot chili peppers, guns n roses and pearl jam are the main ones I can think of.

2) Looking back, are you glad that you became a participant in that Israel/Gaza/Hamas thread?

not really. it reminded me about how much I hate discussing politics. it makes me feel like a total hypocrite to be honest. sitting in front of my computer talking about injustices while doing precisely fuck-all of any real consequence about it. I only got involved because the discussion was so blatantly one-sided and it looked liked it badly needed another dissenting voice. one the positive side it encouraged me to do a whole lot more reading on that fucked up but interesting situation.

ryan23
01-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Heres a couple for you Henry on behalf of all the females on this thread...

How many times a week do you have a wank?

Your worst and best sexual experiance?

ryan23
01-07-2009, 11:29 PM
The answer Henry gave shows what a legend this guy is on this forum- i'm 100percent with him

The difference between Bono and Geldof sums it up for me. I'm no cynical asshole who despises any fucker who tries too hard to "make a difference". Gelfof finds himself in the role of a UN ambassador but he is fully allware of the absurdity of a mediocre 80's pop star assuming the role of world saviour. He regularly laughs at himself and the role he finds himself in. Bono on the other hand is totally devoid of any sense of irony and seems to consider his save-the-world role as the most natural thing in the world.

Nathaliia
01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
Biohazard, this one is missed in the 90s vid thread, not much known band but epic one. You have some good taste man :D

Ryan, to answer your question his best sex experiece was when he saw a biscuit photo :p

Now my Q:

1. You said SOAD was your top 10. So, name your top 3 bands.

2. Best bet ever?

3. Biggest gambling missed chance?

4. Attitude to v-cash?

5. Opinion on Genci?

Henry Chinaski
01-08-2009, 01:55 AM
How many times a week do you have a wank?

Jesus, thanks for this one mate. I dunno. Varies a lot. Probably 4 on average.

Your worst and best sexual experiance?

haha fucking hell mate.

worst was probably the first time I got a handjob. It took a hell of a long time to the point where it was chafing like fuck. My nob looked like Nadal's foot did when he lost to Ferrero in Rome. I was in pain for about a week after.
Best...ehhh. I recently gammed the first girl I ever kissed, aged 10 or something. I was in sentimental drunken mode so it was pretty epic.

1. You said SOAD was your top 10. So, name your top 3 bands.

I'll cheat a bit here.

All-time:
1. Rage Against the Machine
2. Soundgarden
3. Downset

Currently:
1. Will Haven
2. Every Time I Die
3. The Abominable Iron Sloth

The mighty 'Hazard are probably somewhere around 10 in the all-time list. They're probably the one band I love that virtually everyone I know totally hates.

2. Best bet ever?

Tsonga to beat Nadal 3-0 at the Australian Open at like 18.5

3. Biggest gambling missed chance?

hmmmm. so many hard luck stories. The above is definitely one. I bottled it and put like 2 euros on it.
Also I had my finger hovering over the mouse to fade Calleri at 1.01 when he served for the match against Blake in New Haven. I would've made a killing when he blew that 40-0 lead.

4. Attitude to v-cash?

well I give everything I have to LinkMage if that answers your question.

5. Opinion on Genci?

Cool guy though he has questionable taste in music and tennis players

Nathaliia
01-08-2009, 01:59 AM
What's your name? :lol:

Henry Chinaski
01-08-2009, 02:17 AM
you're making me paranoid with that laugh (stephen) Think I might officially change my name to either Henry Chinaski or Crazy Horse though.

ryan23
01-08-2009, 02:46 AM
:haha: brilliant answers m8, the handjob experiance ive had on far to many occasions to think about, some women just cant do it even when you tell em how! :)

NinaNina19
01-08-2009, 04:09 AM
you're making me paranoid with that laugh (stephen) Think I might officially change my name to either Henry Chinaski or Crazy Horse though.

Stephen is a really nice name :). Are you going to bet on AO outright winner?

Henry Chinaski
01-08-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks. Yes I will. I don't have a clue who I'll bet on yet though. I had planned to do an e/w on Davydenko. I could still do Murray, Djokovic or Fed depending on how the market (over)reacts to MM results in the next week or so.
I normally do an outright on the women's tournament as well just because I'll most likely get stuck watching the latter stages so it'll give me an interest. Serena or Sharapova I guess, couldn't even tell you who's fit or in form right now.

adee-gee
01-08-2009, 11:25 PM
Ok this isn't a question. Actually I'll turn it into a question for the sake of the thread.

- Why on earth are you contemplating Sharapova, she's barely played in a year and her shoulder is still fucked. Can I advise against it? I'll give you the money myself if she wins it.

Someone like Zvonareva or Azarenka are decent outsiders, Serena is the bet though.

Henry Chinaski
01-09-2009, 08:15 PM
I was contemplating Sharapove because she has balls and I don't follow WTA at all so had no idea she was even injured/out-of form.

I wasn't planning on betting on her unless some of the experts in Gamblers' Lounge were doing the same. But based on your post I'd say Serena is my most likely bet now unless she's a crazy short price.

Nathaliia
01-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Polish ex Prime Minister said "The real man can be recognized not by the start but by the finish." Your thread is the most active out of so many spotlights.

Are you a long distance runner in every branch of your life?

Henry Chinaski
01-09-2009, 09:39 PM
Very cryptic question but I'm certainly no long distance runner in the literal sense. I can run forever as long as I'm chasing a ball of some sort but running for the sake of running, hell no.
In the slashy sense of the term, hell yeah.
In terms of career, life plan etc, well if I'm a loing distance runner I'm one of the shithouse ones that has been lapped 3 times by the leading group of Kenyans.

I think I have buddyholly to thank for my thread making it this far, well and Fensler who bumped it from page 10 or something.

Stensland
01-09-2009, 09:52 PM
this has probably been asked before but i can't be bothered to look it up, sorry.

where are you from? i seem to remember you're from poland, is that right?

Henry Chinaski
01-09-2009, 10:20 PM
irlanda

SwiSha
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
could you stop gambling right now if you want to ?

have you considered to place bets with bigger stakes or is it really just 4 fun?

Henry Chinaski
01-11-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah I reckon I could. I pretty much only bet on tennis and was fine without it during the off-season. Tennis wouldn't be the same without it though. I doubt I'd sit watching a stream from R1 at casablanca having spent an hour researching a match between 2 mugs outside the top 150 if I wasn't a gambler.

I've certainly considered larger stakes it but I think I'd find it too stressful to be honest. It would take all the fun away. If I came into some money I'd like to start with a bank of 5 grand or something and see how I go from there but right now I don't want to ruin one of my favorite past-times.

buddyholly
01-11-2009, 07:47 PM
where are you from? i seem to remember you're from poland, is that right?

An understandable confusion, these days.

(Thread needs a jump-start).:angel:

buddyholly
01-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I was looking at GDP's the other day and saw that Ireland was second only to Norway in the entire world. Can this be true? Even ahead of Switzerland?

Or has the Celtic tiger had its 15 minutes of fame and it is now all going the way of Waterford Crystal? Personally I can't wait to see the Masters', sorry, 1000 Series trophies this year. Maybe a 10p tumbler from Woolworths. Oh wait, cant even do that any more!

Henry Chinaski
01-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Although Ireland is undoubtedly a wealthy country with high living standards for most our GDP is vastly inflated by the presence of multinationals and the creative book-keeping that they employ. Ireland has the lowest corporate tax rate in the developed world, therefore it pays to declare as much income as possible here.

Although things may not remain as rosy as they have been in the past decade I think our economic infrastructure is firmly established and our living standards will remain on par with those in the rest of Western Europe. There won't be any return to the dark days of the 80s.

In relation to your Polish reference, it's already noticeable how few Eastern Europeans there are here now compared with even this time last year. As the work has dried up people have packed up and left rather than remain on social welfare.

ryan23
01-11-2009, 10:10 PM
A lot of people have returned because of the pound, when they came it made sense nowadays they are better of going back home

Nathaliia
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
ffs pound is getting very expensive here, when someone has a job there, they are not moving

but they are losing the jobs due to the global crisis; eg. in London where my uncle works in the house decoration industry, the companies get less jobs, so they also need less workers.

Polish zloty is so weak, it's definitely profitable if a Pole caught a job somewhere in pound or euro, or even dollar zone. When I was getting cash for google adsense in August last year 1$ was 2,20 PLN, now it's 3 PLN or something.

scarecrows
01-11-2009, 10:21 PM
ffs pound is getting very expensive here, when someone has a job there, they are not moving

but they are losing the jobs due to the global crisis; eg. in London where my uncle works in the house decoration industry, the companies get less jobs, so they also need less workers.

Polish zloty is so weak, it's definitely profitable if a Pole caught a job somewhere in pound or euro, or even dollar zone. When I was getting cash for google adsense in August last year 1$ was 2,20 PLN, now it's 3 PLN or something.

wow, first time I hear that a currency is losing towards the USD.

Pound is losing a lot also towards Euro and Albanian Lek which has been pretty stable

Nathaliia
01-11-2009, 10:25 PM
PLN was artificially strong last year, maybe due to many people sending currencies to Poland where the families were selling them.

Henry Chinaski
01-11-2009, 11:19 PM
yeah the pound is piss weak at the moment which is good for consumers but pretty bad for the overall economy here. anyone living within a couple of hours of the border just went into Northern Ireland to do their christmas shopping and automatically saved like 25% on everything due to the exchange rate. Big stores there were offering a 1:1 Pound/Euro exchange rate to entice people.

buddyholly
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM
yeah the pound is piss weak at the moment which is good for consumers but pretty bad for the overall economy here. anyone living within a couple of hours of the border just went into Northern Ireland to do their christmas shopping and automatically saved like 25% on everything due to the exchange rate. Big stores there were offering a 1:1 Pound/Euro exchange rate to entice people.

Last year when I was ''home'' in ''Nor'iron'' they took me to a new outlet mall in the countryside. When I was confused as to why it would be built there, they told me all the customers were day trippers from the south. The quality of the goods was not great and the prices way beyond anything I would pay. There was a Starbucks there that gave me the worst cappuccino ever (no coffee taste, just warm milk for 2 pounds 50).

The irony is that when I was young the big event was going to Carlingford on a Sunday and smuggling things back over the border (ham, cheese, eggs, butter, chocolate and nylons.)

Henry Chinaski
01-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Yeah it's a weird situation now when there is no physical border and hugely different economic conditions in neighbouring towns. Someone told me the Asda in Enniskillen has the 7th highest turnover of any Walmart store (this could well be bollocks). Also in the last 10 years a heap of petrol stations on the northern side of the boder went bust and the guys on the south made fortunes. nothing to with business acumenn or lack thereof but macroeconomic factors far beyond your contol, respective fuel taxes in this case. more harmonisation between the economies would make a lot of sense but that can't really happen unless Britain joins the euro. The British corporate tax rate (30% v 12.5 in ROI) for one thing must be very off-putting for international businesses looking to set up shop in Northern ireland.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/northern-ireland-business-leaders-unite-to-appeal-for-corporation-tax-reduction-458508.html

Henry Chinaski
06-15-2009, 04:25 AM

that's a great question. I think it started when I went to some horse racing (Galway Races 2003) with my Grandad. I lucked out that day and won some money. Me and my Grandad just bonded over it and I've never felt such an intense connection with another human being since I felt since that day. (And I feel it to this day.)

well I apologise for being such a grief-stricken, self-indulgent clown, but the grandad in question died today (as of Sunday June 14). I remembered mentioning him in this thread, hence the bump.

It was pretty expected in fairness but it's still incredibly harsh when it finally happens. A complete and utter hero.

Ilovetheblues_86
06-15-2009, 05:04 AM
:hug:
Condolences to you and your family.

Nathaliia
06-15-2009, 07:44 AM
May he rest in peace :hug:

finishingmove
06-15-2009, 08:20 AM
sorry to hear that henry

its.like.that
06-15-2009, 01:43 PM
If some sort of a contest could be arranged involving Man Utd and Robredo, who would you support?

(yes you have to pick one)

JolánGagó
06-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry about your grandad.

Gambling isn't good.

jonathancrane
06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
Henry :hug:

«Ivan»
06-15-2009, 07:44 PM

malisha
06-15-2009, 08:36 PM
:hug: mate

GlennMirnyi
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
well I apologise for being such a grief-stricken, self-indulgent clown, but the grandad in question died today (as of Sunday June 14). I remembered mentioning him in this thread, hence the bump.

It was pretty expected in fairness but it's still incredibly harsh when it finally happens. A complete and utter hero.

My condolences, mate.

cobalt60
06-15-2009, 11:21 PM

Apologies not necessary; very normal. :hug: He will live on in your memories of him.

fast_clay
06-15-2009, 11:27 PM
i thought similar of one of my grandad's... the old lads can be pretty collossal...

Henry Chinaski
06-16-2009, 03:58 PM
thanks for the kind words folks.

Action Jackson
06-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Remember the good moments Henry.

habibko
06-16-2009, 05:53 PM
Henry :hug: :)

scarecrows
06-16-2009, 06:42 PM
hope your grandkids will look up to you the same way

ryan23
06-16-2009, 08:44 PM

Sorry to hear that mate, best wishes to you and your family

Smoke944
06-18-2009, 05:25 AM

Action Jackson
11-27-2010, 09:32 AM
1. How is the general mood in Ireland now with the economic problems. Do you think there will be another boom for creative forces?

2. How dodgy is Harry Redknapp?

Henry Chinaski
11-27-2010, 03:42 PM
Too late for the ACC

1) Good question man. I can't really speak for everyone but people are pretty angry. First major protests in Dublin today. The idea that we'll accept a bail-out at a rate of 6.7% is just absurd. The interest repayments would be 6bn a year. That's an extra 7k a year for every worker just to save the asses of the incompetent financial institutions that created the mess. They gambled, they lost and we'll pay them back.

It's just not possible and I think a default is inevitable. We're talking about 15bn in austerity cuts over next 4 years when the total debt could rise to 300 billion (under reported bailout terms). The cuts will just make us suffer but in terms of getting us out of debt they're just pissing on a furnace.

I think the mood now among the people and our leading economists is fuck it, let the banks die. Default and see what happens. The government who also contributed hugely to the mess don't see that as an option. The fact that a rate of 6.7% is even being discussed just shows how clueless they are in negotiations. The EU is shit scared of the banking crisis spreading therefore we should have a strong hand in negotiations. Anyway, I'm rambling.

The new wave of emigration is already well underway. In the last 6 months my brother and three of my friends have moved down under. There seems to be a going away party every week.

At the same time, it's not like everybody goes round all day stressing about the economy. Life goes on same as ever.

2. Brilliant comment on twitter from a fake Jamie Redknapp account:

Years of reckless spending, followed by leadership change and a bleak future of grinding austerity. When was dad in charge of Ireland?

Says it all. Good for Tottenham that they have a smart chairman who knows how to spend wisely and can keep Arry's under control.

Action Jackson
11-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Thanks for the answers Henry, some more on that theme.

1. What are your views on the Irish-Americans and Irish-Aussies who come back to Ireland and realise things aren't the same as when they or their parents have left?

2. Do you think it's disappointing how Ajax Amsterdam are in such decline or is it the sign of the corporate atmosphere in football?

3. If you could have a beer with an ATP player who would it be?

4. Are you looking forward to the return of gaucho Glenn Mirnyi back to MTF.

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2010, 04:05 AM
No problem. Just noticed there are more questions (not campaigning, I swear!)

1. It depends really. I always hated returned emigrants who bitched about how we lost our culture just because we were richer or some shit. In hindsight some of their criticisms were probably valid. There was definitely a lot of greed when it came to property, which contributed to crash. Can't really blame the average Joe though. The banks were giving crazy loans to everyone and the media were feeding the bubble with huge property sections. Then the government were giving tax breaks to first time buyers. I am just glad I never bought into it despite people telling me I should be "getting on the ladder" with their "renting is dead money" mantra. How's life on the ladder working out for you now, fuckers?

2. I definitely miss the days of an open European Cup where teams from smaller nations could do well. You could pick the CL winner from one of about 5 clubs right now. It's dull. But with the TV money that has poured into the major leagues, clubs in places like Holland and Portugal can't compete. Bosman rule and end of restrictions on foreigners didn't help. There's no excuse for such a big club getting into financial difficulty though. They can cite all the external factors they like but it still comes down to financial mis-management.

3. Good question. I think Roddick would good fun to go drinking with. But he's not single any more though which is a downer. Melzer looks like he'd be up for a good time too. Davydenko would be hilarious with his underrented humour.

4. Yes because he has good tennis knowledge and I can take his trolling with a pinch of salt. It used to really irritate me but I got over it.

Action Jackson
12-21-2010, 09:54 PM
1. Do you prefer Gaelic football or hurling?

2. Does Eoin Morgan getting any coverage in the Irish press?

fast_clay
12-21-2010, 11:00 PM
I am just glad I never bought into it despite people telling me I should be "getting on the ladder" with their "renting is dead money" mantra. How's life on the ladder working out for you now, fuckers?

:lol: dunno how many times i've laughed along with, pretty much, those exact words since Sept 2008... as a foreigner, the hype was of mythical proportions and i dont use the word mythical lightly...

Nathaliia
12-22-2010, 03:05 AM
Who should win Mr MTF now when Clydey is gone?