In the spotlight - Prima Donna [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - Prima Donna

Clydey
12-06-2008, 08:40 PM
We'll start out with some softballs and then your antagonists can come in. Then we'll really be playing for keeps.

Favourite band?

Religious affiliation?

What appeals to you about the Republican party?

What, in your opinion, has been the biggest contribution to the world, whether it be a concept or an invention?

Who are your 5 favourite posters and your 5 least favourite posters?

That should be enough to get things started.

Eden
12-06-2008, 08:43 PM
1) When did you start watching tennis?
3) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
4) What’s your favourite match of Roger and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
5) Who would you like to see as a coach for Roger?
6) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
7) What are your best childhood memories?
8) What’s your philosophy of life?
9) Do you have any quirks?
10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
11) When have you been the most disappointed about a loss of Roger?
12) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?

finishingmove
12-06-2008, 08:45 PM
what is your favourite sport, besides tennis?

would you ever accept the job of a moderator on MTF?

what do you think about tommy robredo?

scarecrows
12-06-2008, 08:51 PM
how different would you character be now if you had lived in Italy all these years?

what do you miss more from Italy?

El Legenda
12-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Is it true that your mother is a whore?

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 09:05 PM
What irritates you even more than poor spelling and grammar?

prima donna
12-06-2008, 09:16 PM
Favourite band?
Bond Girls/Baustelle

Religious affiliation?
Non-practicing Catholic

What appeals to you about the Republican party?
Well, first and foremost, I strongly believe in the conservative principles upon which our country was founded. Admittedly, there's a sort of paradoxical discomfort that comes along with being resigned to using terms such as 'conservatism' or 'liberalism', especially given that both terms have been bastardized, particularly within the United States.

I would make the argument that Republicans are in fact, according to definition, the progenitor of liberal ideology. Moreover, I can't help but find myself being amused at the idea of branding a party which was founded by abolitionists as "conservative" or "retrograde" -- as some have claimed.

In terms of fiscal and social issues, I genuinely believe that Republicans embrace a philosophy which is conducive to freedom, inasmuch as there is nothing more liberating than the idea of eliminating needless constraints in the form of excessive taxation and over-regulation which serve merely as shackles and insurmountable barriers which impede the evolution and success of free citizens.

In addition, solutions rooted in the free market system have proven themselves to be more effective than government expansion by means of central planning, which has less to do with entrepreneurship and more with delegating absolute power to unscrupulous bureaucrats.

What, in your opinion, has been the biggest contribution to the world, whether it be a concept or an invention?
Adam Smith - The father of free-market capitalism.
Niccolò Machiavelli - A strategic mastermind, Machiavellianism has saved mankind from itself.

Who are your 5 favourite posters and your 5 least favourite posters?
Favorites:
1). Jimnik
2). Merton
3). PMK is Innocent
4). Scoobs
5). MusicMyst

Least favorite:
I wouldn't give them the pleasure of knowing.

That should be enough to get things started.[/quote]

Nathaliia
12-06-2008, 09:17 PM
Is Dante your real name?

Why did you block me on MSN? Too perverted for you ffs? :rolleyes: Was it the Albania loving? It got you a few ACC votes, you know :rolleyes: :lol:

prima donna
12-06-2008, 09:37 PM
1) When did you start watching tennis? 1990
3) Which match do you consider as best of all time? Ashe Defeats Connors to become Wimbledon champ.
4) What’s your favourite match of Roger and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most? I most certainly enjoyed seeing him absolutely dismantle Hewitt to capture his 1st US Open title.
5) Who would you like to see as a coach for Roger? Tony Roche.
6) What are your best and worst characteristic traits? Obsessive-compulsive, pessimistic, irritable. Comprehensive, idealistic, empathetic.
7) What are your best childhood memories? Winter ski trips to Lombardia.
8) What’s your philosophy of life? Just make it up as you go along.
9) Do you have any quirks? Yes, I have the tendency to talk with my hands.
10) Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I try not to make predictions, as such is a bad omen. I'll leave the prophecies to the likes of Nostradamus.
11) When have you been the most disappointed about a loss of Roger? Australian Open, SF defeat to Safin.
12) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up ? I can't recall.

prima donna
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
What irritates you even more than poor spelling and grammar?
Nothing!

q.j.
12-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Superman or Batman ?

Michelangelo or da Vinci ?

Sabatini or Bruni ?

wine or something stronger ?

prima donna
12-06-2008, 09:53 PM
how different would you character be now if you had lived in Italy all these years? Well, I've found that with the exception of political ideology, I have more in common with Europeans than Americans. So I'd have to say nothing would be different. I'm really not all that Americanized.

what do you miss more from Italy?
Food, women, monuments, atmospheric sense of togetherness.

prima donna
12-06-2008, 09:56 PM
Superman or Batman ?

Michelangelo or da Vinci ?

Sabatini or Bruni ?

wine or something stronger ?
Batman, Michelangelo, Sabatini, Wine

q.j.
12-06-2008, 09:59 PM
wow

we're 100% compatible :lol:

prima donna
12-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Is Dante your real name?

Why did you block me on MSN? Too perverted for you ffs? :rolleyes: Was it the Albania loving? It got you a few ACC votes, you know :rolleyes: :lol:
You're being facetious, right ?

prima donna
12-06-2008, 10:13 PM
what is your favourite sport, besides tennis?

would you ever accept the job of a moderator on MTF?

what do you think about tommy robredo?

1). Basketball, I detest the glorification of violence perpetuated by contact sports such as football.
2). Probably.
3). He possesses a rather aesthetically pleasing backhand.

Nathaliia
12-06-2008, 10:15 PM
You're being facetious, right ?
Dunno, you blocked me, I am asking what I did to deserve it :awww: Never stopped to like you and I'm even coming to NYC next year :shrug:

zeleni
12-06-2008, 10:22 PM
What are the bad sides of capitalism according to you (if you recognize some)?

Zirconek
12-06-2008, 10:23 PM
What's your favourite Pasolini movie? :p

finishingmove
12-06-2008, 10:25 PM
comment on the picture

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/image/759/0/Jew_Jitsu.ashx

Stensland
12-06-2008, 10:36 PM
do you support the squadra azzurra?

what percentage of berlusconi's rise can be attributed to the mafia?

do you think northern italy will secede from the south within the next 10 years?

do you support a serie a football team? if so, which team?

is the messina bridge going to be built within the next years?

i've been to southern italy twice as a kid. if i'd want to go to the northern part, what are the 3 most beautiful cities in your opinion?

Eden
12-06-2008, 10:42 PM
5) Who would you like to see as a coach for Roger? Tony Roche.

That's interesting as according to a lot of people Roche had the easiest job when he worked with Roger. I guess he never really got credit for his job.
Apparently they didn't parted on the most friendly level as you have never heard one of the two talking about the other since their ways seperated.

11) When have you been the most disappointed about a loss of Roger? Australian Open, SF defeat to Safin.

May I ask why you choosed this one? For most people it is probably this year's Wimbledon final.

fast_clay
12-06-2008, 10:42 PM
will the U.S. economically re-invent itself to hold the status quo as the world's leading super power in the coming years...?
or does it even need to...?

prima donna
12-06-2008, 10:51 PM
What are the bad sides of capitalism according to you (if you recognize some)?
I'm not sure whether I'd be able to identify any of the cons of capitalism. I'd suppose that unequal results would be considered problematic by some, specifically, the societal rifts which are created by varying economic classes. On the other hand, it's difficult to argue the merits of economic equality for very different occupations, which require very different skills and talents, and which have varying levels of demand. In a sense, what makes capitalism so appealing is the sense of self-reliance and idealism which it instills in one's character.

Ironically, capitalism can actually be used as a means by which to remedy the very problems for which it is held accountable by many of the social elite. The likelihood of escaping from a prison that was constructed by a private company, as opposed to those who are hired and paid by the government, is fairly low. Likewise, a privately employed architect is more likely to improvise an impenetrable design for a new prison, as opposed to a government-employed architect whose salary remains constant, irrespective of the quality of his work. I would advise seeking the expertise of the former, which would allow any society to offer shelter, food and comfort to those who deem it necessary to exploit "societal rifts" in the name of alleged injustice and exploitations, without subjecting the greater society as a whole to the perilous practice of housing criminals in vulnerable facilities from which they could in fact flee.

The point here is, incentivization is a necessary prerequisite in order to ensure quality and safety, even when coping with the negative aspects of a capitalistic society. Which means what ? Capitalism is self-correcting, of course.

prima donna
12-06-2008, 11:02 PM
That's interesting as according to a lot of people Roche had the easiest job when he worked with Roger. I guess he never really got credit for his job.
Apparently they didn't parted on the most friendly level as you have never heard one of the two talking about the other since their ways seperated.

May I ask why you choosed this one? For most people it is probably this year's Wimbledon final.
Tony is a no-nonsense kind of guy, which is why I've always been quite fond of him. Secondly, Roger was playing impeccable tennis prior to losing to Safin. I vaguely recall watching him routinely dismiss Agassi, all the while thinking to myself: "There's no way he's losing this tournament." His departure was particularly devastating because Safin actually ruptured this aura of invincibility which surrounded him at the time.

We all knew that Roger was vulnerable to Nadal, there was never any sense of astonishment when he finally managed to lose to his nemesis, even on grass. Actually, it was a relief -- nothing can last forever.

zeleni
12-06-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm not sure whether I'd be able to identify any of the cons of capitalism. I'd suppose that unequal results would be considered problematic by some, specifically, the societal rifts which are created by varying economic classes. On the other hand, it's difficult to argue the merits of economic equality for very different occupations, which require very different skills and talents, and which have varying levels of demand. In a sense, what makes capitalism so appealing is the sense of self-reliance and idealism which it instills in one's character.

Ironically, capitalism can actually be used as a means by which to remedy the very problems for which it is held accountable by many of the social elite. The likelihood of escaping from a prison that was constructed by a private company, as opposed to those who are hired and paid by the government, is fairly low. Likewise, a privately employed architect is more likely to improvise an impenetrable design for a new prison, as opposed to a government-employed architect whose salary remains constant, irrespective of the quality of his work. I would advise seeking the expertise of the former, which would allow any society to offer shelter, food and comfort to those who deem it necessary to exploit "societal rifts" in the name of alleged injustice and exploitations, without subjecting the greater society as a whole to the perilous practice of housing criminals in vulnerable facilities from which they could in fact flee.

The point here is, incentivization is a necessary prerequisite in order to ensure quality and safety, even when coping with the negative aspects of a capitalistic society. Which means what ? Capitalism is self-correcting, of course.

So, you believe in self-correcting ability of capitalism?

Are you atheist?

prima donna
12-06-2008, 11:11 PM
do you support the squadra azzurra?

what percentage of berlusconi's rise can be attributed to the mafia?

do you think northern italy will secede from the south within the next 10 years?

do you support a serie a football team? if so, which team?

is the messina bridge going to be built within the next years?

i've been to southern italy twice as a kid. if i'd want to go to the northern part, what are the 3 most beautiful cities in your opinion?

1). No.
2). I wouldn't attribute Berlusconi's ascension as much to organized crime as I would sheer greed and unrelenting ambition.
3). Not a chance.
4). No.
5). Let's hope not, that would be an absolute nightmare.
6). Milano, Torino, Venezia or Verona.

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Are you ever inconsistent when holding different opinions? What would you consider are two paradoxical qualities that you possess?

Voo de Mar
12-07-2008, 01:43 AM
Ciao prima!

Is the sentence "Ha sempre fatto il letto ogni giorno" written in passato prossimo? I've got doubts because of "ogni giorno", I can translate this sentence into my native language as a daily statement with using "participio passato"....

prima donna
12-07-2008, 04:56 AM
Are you ever inconsistent when holding different opinions? What would you consider are two paradoxical qualities that you possess?
Hm, that's a good question. Well, despite being an advocate of the capitalist model and what some might consider to be a lack of inclusiveness, there have been times when I've contemplated taking part in community service in order to help those who are truly impoverished -- particularly as of late. Although I think that such might be an attempt to cleanse my rotten conscience of its sins.

As much as I'd like to wipe my hands with humanity, there is still this hidden desire to contribute something to it which forbids me from being wholly committed to such an idea. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde should provide a suitable visual.

alfonsojose
12-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Ciao prima!

Is the sentence "Ha sempre fatto il letto ogni giorno" written in passato prossimo? I've got doubts because of "ogni giorno", I can translate this sentence into my native language as a daily statement with using "participio passato"....

Somebody misses tiebreaks :p

~*BGT*~
12-07-2008, 05:09 AM
What's your favorite Italian meal?
What's your favorite American meal?
Who did you vote for President? :p

Betty
12-08-2008, 03:42 PM
also for u:lol:

Favorites:
1). Jimnik
2). Merton
3). PMK is Innocent
4). Scoobs
5). MusicMyst

Least favorite:
I.[/QUOTE]

so ask to them v cash:devil:;)

have u been even real :inlove: in yr life?

DO u prefer Milan or Inter :devil::armed:

GlennMirnyi
12-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Bond Girls/Baustelle

Non-practicing Catholic

Well, first and foremost, I strongly believe in the conservative principles upon which our country was founded. Admittedly, there's a sort of paradoxical discomfort that comes along with being resigned to using terms such as 'conservatism' or 'liberalism', especially given that both terms have been bastardized, particularly within the United States.

I would make the argument that Republicans are in fact, according to definition, the progenitor of liberal ideology. Moreover, I can't help but find myself being amused at the idea of branding a party which was founded by abolitionists as "conservative" or "retrograde" -- as some have claimed.

In terms of fiscal and social issues, I genuinely believe that Republicans embrace a philosophy which is conducive to freedom, inasmuch as there is nothing more liberating than the idea of eliminating needless constraints in the form of excessive taxation and over-regulation which serve merely as shackles and insurmountable barriers which impede the evolution and success of free citizens.

In addition, solutions rooted in the free market system have proven themselves to be more effective than government expansion by means of central planning, which has less to do with entrepreneurship and more with delegating absolute power to unscrupulous bureaucrats.

Adam Smith - The father of free-market capitalism.
Niccolò Machiavelli - A strategic mastermind, Machiavellianism has saved mankind from itself.

Favorites:
1). Jimnik
2). Merton
3). PMK is Innocent
4). Scoobs
5). MusicMyst

Least favorite:
I wouldn't give them the pleasure of knowing.

That should be enough to get things started.

Our country? :lol: Thought you were born in Italy.

Jimnik? :lol:Is it because he's a rabid liberal?

The fact that I'm not in your list makes me a tiny bit sad. :sad:

rocketassist
12-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Cause Jimnik is a Thatchertard? :scared:

Even a knowledgeable guy like prima surely cannot like her :lol:

shotgun
12-08-2008, 10:45 PM
What do you think about Sicilians and Southern Italians in general, in comparison to Central/Northern Italians?

Eden
12-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Tony is a no-nonsense kind of guy, which is why I've always been quite fond of him.

Well, they seemed to have a very good relationship, nearly something like father and son.

What do you think how much influence Tony had on Roger's development compared to his previous coaches, especially Carter and Lundgren?

We all knew that Roger was vulnerable to Nadal, there was never any sense of astonishment when he finally managed to lose to his nemesis, even on grass. Actually, it was a relief -- nothing can last forever.

For whom was it a relief?

It's true that nothing lasts forever and we have seen in the other 2 Wimbledon matches between them that Nadal got closer with each match and therefore it was maybe really only a matter of time when he would beat Roger on grass.

What do you think how much effect had the fact that Wimbledon is played so shortly after Paris for their matches?

Some more questions:

1) Which are your 5 favourite matches of Roger?
2) What do you value most in a person?
3) Do you daily read newspapers? What are your favourite sections? And the order?
4) What's on your to-read list?
5) What was your favourite subject in school?
6) Do you believe in destiny or is it all coincidance?
7) What is the most valuable thing you own?
8) If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be?
9) How did you discover MTF?
10) Which countries have you been to?

Fensler
12-19-2008, 12:34 AM
I noticed that your location = Greenwich, CT.

Thus, what do you like (and dislike) most about Greenwich?