In the spotlight - Jelena (Happy birthday) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - Jelena (Happy birthday)

Eden
12-06-2008, 06:08 PM
I was a bit surprised to find out that you are interested in this to be honest :)

Here's your thread:

1) You are really open about your religion. How do people react when you talk about it?
2) What was your dream job when you were a child?
3) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
4) Do you have any quirks?
5) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
6) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
7) What would you like to see improve on MTF?
8) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
9) What's your best memory from your childhood?
10) What’s your philosophy of life?
11) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?
12) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

and when is Eintracht Frankfurt going to win the German Bundesliga? ;)

Jelena
12-06-2008, 07:14 PM
I was a bit surprised to find out that you are interested in this to be honest :)

Here's your thread:

1) You are really open about your religion. How do people react when you talk about it?
2) What was your dream job when you were a child?
3) What are your best and worst characteristic traits?
4) Do you have any quirks?
5) Who would be a good choice as the new ATP president?
6) Which match do you consider as best of all time?
7) What would you like to see improve on MTF?
8) What’s your favourite match of your favourite player and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?
9) What's your best memory from your childhood?
10) What’s your philosophy of life?
11) Who would be your favourite coach for your favourite player?
12) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

and when is Eintracht Frankfurt going to win the German Bundesliga? ;)
1) depends on the person: when I meet people personally who I haven't met before I usually start by offering a Bible or New Testament as present, and then it happens that people reject it instantly. I accept that. When I talk about it, people react completely different. There are people who call me escapist, there are people who accept my religion though they have a completely different view of life, there are people who accept it but don't ask too much, there are people who are asking more, and there are people who are really happy about it. (Well those are mainly Christians themselves :lol:)
2) I wanted to be a sports journalist.
3) I think I can be really dogged when I REALLY want something, on the other hand I can be lazy and do tasks mainly in the last possible second. :o
4) Is it a quirk that I don't really like to leave the house without my Bible with me? :unsure:
5) To be honest I don't know. The bid process is something I don't really follow too much. I only read in Zack Busner's blog that JohnnyMac's daddy and McNamee are out of the race. Maybe it would be good if a European or South American would become the boss.
6) The best of all times? Hmmm there are some matches that I consider great. Becker-McEnroe in DC which was more than 6.30 hrs, also DC Michael Westphal-Tomaš Šmid in Frankfurt (no I didn't watch it live in the stands), Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander USO final in 1988 (who wins it is #1, I watched it in my bed til 4.30am, two hours later the alarm rang for school :yawn:) I still didn't see anything of Younes-Roddick (would love to see it though). Lendl-Chang in RG 1988 was great too and Edberg-Mecir Wimbledon semi 1988 too.
7) hmmm hard to say... I'm getting :mad: when I want to surf in the morning and can't really because the daily update of the server is done though. But that's a thing that can't really be changed I know. It's annoying though. And it's easy to say moderating could be better sometimes when you aren't a mod. That's why I give my opinion, but I don't want to be a mod at all. :angel:
8) My favourite match of Mariano Zabaleta? Hmmm, must be a match in Stuttgart probably in 2005. I was in the stands, he was down a set, then fought his way back in the match and won it in the end. It was one of the most tense matches I watched live in the stands. I was cheering him on like :cuckoo: and :bounce: like :crazy: when he finally won it. After the match we chatted for about two mins and he asked me: "Tough match, wasn't it?" :lol: "Yes it was. And the next round you have to play better for sure to win. But you know that yourself."
My favourite opponent of Mariano is probably Gaston Gaudio, as he is his best friend, or Younes, as I really :inlove: him and Mariano likes him too.
9) hmmmmm, when I was in football stadium with my daddy, and sent him to buy something to eat during the match. Every time I did that, our club scored. He got :mad: when that happened several times. :lol:
10) There is no real life outside of God's will. When you are into his will you have His peace although the times may be hard. You can have stress or illness or face problems you can't even really name, but you can have His peace though, when you know it is the path where God is really beside you.
11) Currently a coach who supports him on his way back on the tour. Someone who doesn't call him crazy because he wants back on the tour after a break of one year. And someone who challenges him to reach levels he doesn't know he can still achieve. :angel: But the coach should challenge him also personally. So all in all someone who challenges him sportswise and personally
12) I work as a free-lancer translator for economical, sport and christian texts, live 6 months in Germany and 6 months in Brazil, and am travelling around very much to talk about my faith. :)
13) Hmmmm I hope as soon as possible. In 2009 we have our 50-year party without a Championship. I fear we Frankfurt-fans have to wait for some more years though. :awww:

Stensland
12-06-2008, 07:20 PM
what do you think of islam?

why brazil, why not argentina or any other country out there? why not portugal, if it's just the language?

what's your favorite sport apart from tennis?

did your parents teach you to be religious or was it your own decision?

and btw it's not quirky to have a bible with you when you leave the house - it's downright scary. you better check yourself, seriously.

psichogaucho
12-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Don't you think it would be more scary to leave your house with a gun instead of a Bible?

Jelena
12-06-2008, 07:39 PM
what do you think of islam?

why brazil, why not argentina or any other country out there? why not portugal, if it's just the language?

what's your favorite sport apart from tennis?

did your parents teach you to be religious or was it your own decision?

and btw it's not quirky to have a bible with you when you leave the house - it's downright scary. you better check yourself, seriously.
1) Islam is a religion that stands on your own achievements. If you are good enough you reach the paradise etc. But God is such a Holy God that you can never ever reach the Heaven by your own achievements. That's why Jesus went on the cross, as He was the only person on earth who was completely sinless and was able to make a way for us human beings to reach the Heaven.
2) I'm studying Portuguese, so it would be language practice. On the other hand I should be able to learn Spanish quite fast too. Brazil is a country I :inlove: and it is the biggest economical partner of Germany in South America. Portugal is - though I like it too - a country which doesn't have such an importance.
3) football by far! Every weekend I sit at the pc and follow matches all around the continent.
4) no they didn't. It was my own decision to convert to Christ.
5) Sorry but that is a custom I won't change, as it's a help for me when I start to confess my faith to people. :)

Jelena
12-06-2008, 07:40 PM
Don't you think it would be more scary to leave your house with a gun instead of a Bible?
is that a question for me or for Rrainer?

psichogaucho
12-06-2008, 07:51 PM
is that a question for me or for Rrainer?

Since when do you answer a question with an answer?

Jelena
12-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Since when do you answer a question with an answer?
you should have a nap Santi. ;)

Eden
12-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Thanks for answering :)

Jelena
12-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for answering :)
you're welcome Doris :)

Thanos
12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
what your theory, why people hate kiefer so much on mtf??

if you could live anyone else in the world. where would it be??

do you think, we ever get the 'one million to zero' thread done??

when the longest you have gone without thinking about football??

Jelena
12-07-2008, 06:29 AM
what your theory, why people hate kiefer so much on mtf??

if you could live anyone else in the world. where would it be??

do you think, we ever get the 'one million to zero' thread done??

when the longest you have gone without thinking about football??
1) :shrug: honestly. He's not really one of my favourites, though I don't hate him at all. Maybe it's because many don't like his kind of playing, maybe it's because he seems to have a "Screw you" attitude when things don't really go his way and he doesn't seem to want to fight his way back into the match. He says himself, he does care about matches, but when you see him on the court he doesn't always really make this impression. But as you said, it's nothing more than a theory.
2) probably south of Brazil.
3) well, the last time I calculated the average and when we could finish it it was something like in around 60 years. But that was when I still had holidays of uni. So now the finish date may be far further away. :o
4) tough question. Must have been after the death of my father.

alfonsojose
12-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Last doubles match you enjoyed?

Jelena
12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Last doubles match you enjoyed?
Davis Cup quarterfinal Germany-Spain. When I was at tournaments til now, I didn't watch too much doubles matches, so it was clear it must have been a DC doubles match. I'm sure that's gonna change now, when I follow the doubles circuit closer. Until now I mainly followed Andyoni and the Brazilians (Marcelo, André and Soares).

Naranoc
12-07-2008, 06:52 PM
1) How many posts had you read from the start of Nathii's thread when you stopped posting?
2) Which tennis match were you most nervous during watching? (Or following on the SB :p)
3) What are you planning to do after you finish uni?
4) Any translation tips?

JMG
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Why don't you like youtube? Once you said you hardly watch videos there.

Jelena
12-07-2008, 07:23 PM
1) How many posts had you read from the start of Nathii's thread when you stopped posting?
2) Which tennis match were you most nervous during watching? (Or following on the SB :p)
3) What are you planning to do after you finish uni?
4) Any translation tips?
1) I think it was something like 25k or 30k. Don't know anymore (and don't care)
2) one I was really nervous at was the RG final of Gaston vs Coria. I soooooooooo wanted Gaston to win. :) The last one that cracked me up was the match of Fernando Verdasco in the Davis Cup final. :) :bolt:
3) I'm still wondering if I should try to apply at an economical company or if I should immediately start as a freelancer.
4) That is the problem translators have with laypersons. Translation is a very complex process, which isn't even yet completely researched about at all. Laypersons can hardly understand what's going on in a brain while you read the text and try to write a correspondent text on the ground of the original text. (As I said, even the neuro-scientists don't know yet, what happens in a brain then.)

ok now to the practical part. I already named a kind of definition of translation: "write a new text on the basis of the original text." So if you achieve that you already achieved a lot. :)

cobalt60
12-07-2008, 07:31 PM
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Have you met any MTFer's and if so who; if not whom would you like to meet?

Do you want to get married and have kids ever?

Jelena
12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Why don't you like youtube? Once you said you hardly watch videos there.
youtube is for me a two-edged-sword as there are many videos on it which are actually under copyright. On the other hand I could use two videos for an essay I had to do about Brazilian phonetics. So :shrug:. But I don't have it in my favs and won't put it there for sure.

Jelena
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM

Have you met any MTFer's and if so who; if not who would you like to meet?

I already said it earlier in the thread, my dream would be to live during the European summer in Germany, and during the European winter in Brazil. :)
yes I have met some. Ali (dhammatiger), Rosie (I don't have to post her username really, do I? :p), Corinne (corina2605), Louise (basil333) and some others too. Mainly Germans though. I think I met Birte (sommarsverige) too...

Sorry if I forgot someone else. It was not intentionally. :)

Jelena
12-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Btw, thanks folks for the questions :)

Thanos
12-08-2008, 09:16 AM
60+ years :sobbing: might as well just give up

Venle
12-11-2008, 10:01 AM
1. Would rather take the ability to read peoples' thoughts or being invisible? ;)
2. What's your favorite nail polish?
3. :yippee: or :woohoo: ?
4. Which Slam is your favorite? Why?
5. Your sweetest memory of the year? :)

Jelena
12-12-2008, 01:54 PM
60+ years :sobbing: might as well just give up
nooooooooooooooo :) :hug:

Have you met any MTFer's and if so who; if not whom would you like to meet?

1) Brazil for sure, probably in the south there (São Paulo or even more in the south.)
2) yes I have. Ali, Rosie, Louise (basil333), Corinne (corina2605), and some more.
3) yes I do! But still there is no husband in sight :awww:
1. Would rather take the ability to read peoples' thoughts or being invisible? ;)
2. What's your favorite nail polish?
3. :yippee: or :woohoo: ?
4. Which Slam is your favorite? Why?
5. Your sweetest memory of the year? :)
1. rather the thoughts, although I already was in the situation that I wanted to become invisible instantly. :lol:
2. None. I don't use that.
3. I use more the :yippee:, but also the :woohoo:. I think there is no preference, I use them just by mood.
4. Every Slam has its charme. I like Oz Open because of the sleepless nights when I sleep on the couch to follow the matches on tv. I like RG because Eurosport covers it nearly the whole day. Wimbledon is the Slam which brought me to tennis at all, when Becker won his first Wimbledon, and USO have the advantage that I have the possibility to follow all the courts by pc, because I usually have holidays of uni while they are on. :angel: I can't really say which one is my favourite. :shrug:
5. when my niece told me she's gonna be mother in end of January next year. I mean, I had her on my arm when she was 5 months old, and now she's gonna be mother herself :awww:
EDIT: and when Santi sent me a birthday card from Argentina saying: "I wanted to send you something really special... (open the card) ...but I couldn't imagine how to send a hug, and bought you this card!" :awww:

Eden
12-12-2008, 11:23 PM
:wavey:

1) Jelena, if you could spend one day with a celebrity who would it be and what would you be doing?
2) Do you like your handwriting?
3) What was your favourite subject in school?
4) What's on your to-read list?
5) What can't be missing in your fridge?
6) What's the most important thing your parents have taught you?
7) When you would have the chance to speak to a person who you can't meet anymore now who would it be and what would you like to say?
8) If you could change the outcome of one tennismatch what would it be?
9) Do you keep things from your childhood?
10) How will you celebrate Christmas?

Jelena
12-12-2008, 11:42 PM

1) Jelena, if you could spend one day with a celebrity who would it be and what would you be doing?
7) When you would have the chance to speak to a person who you can't meet anymore now who would it be and what would you like to say?
1) Hmmmm, don't really know now... Can't think properly anymore, it's a bit too late. Will answer that tomorrow.
2) not really. I can understand everybody who calls it unreadable.
3) English.
4) I just finished two books for university. One is "Konstruktives Übersetzen" by H.P. Hönig, and the other one is "Capitães da areia", in German "Herren des Strandes" by Jorge Amado.
5) Butter
6) to be answered later
7) same as 1 and 6
8) same as 1,6 and 7
9) yes I do
10) like every year, me and my mother will go to our old friends and celebrate the 24th there. Usually on 25th they come to us for a big brunch. But we keep the celebrating quiet.

ChinoRios4Ever
12-13-2008, 01:16 AM
1. How many languages do you speak?
2. Favorite tennis player?
3. Favorite football player?

Jelena
12-13-2008, 07:42 AM

ok, so now the answers to the other questions:
1) Probably Zlatan Ibrahimovic. He's one of the guys I'd really like to know. I don't know if we'd do something particular on that day, but I'd love to chat to the boy and find out that he isn't as crazy as he is made by the medias.
6) you can achieve anything if you really practice
7) my father and how much I missed him in the years since his death
1. How many languages do you speak?
2. Favorite tennis player?
3. Favorite football player?
1) German, English, Serbian, I forgot a lot of French, Portuguese, Italian, I know a bit of Turkish, I (try to) write and understand Spanish, I forgot all the Russian I learned at school, then I learned for one year Chinese in people's school, and I understand Esperanto. So that makes it .... 9 (:o), or 6 and 3 halves and two which I completely forgot.
2) Mariano Zabaleta for sure.
3) the footballer I follow the closest for years now is Bolo Zenden. For about 4 1/2 years I try to follow every match of his clubs.

Betty
12-13-2008, 11:24 AM
EDIT: and when Santi sent me a birthday card from Argentina saying: "I wanted to send you something really special... (open the card) ...but I couldn't imagine how to send a hug, and bought you this card!" :awww:

latin man:aplot:
is santi yr prefer poster:p?

Jelena
12-13-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't think I have really a preferred poster here. There are some who I enjoy reading (some more on NT than on GM ;)), but I think there are more posters I don't really like. :)

Garson007
12-13-2008, 11:56 AM
What do you think of your Popularity Contest [first round] opponent? :angel:

Jelena
12-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I saw it is you. :p

:shrug: should be possible for me. :angel: Not that I'm campaining for that, but it's doable.

JMG
12-23-2008, 12:46 PM
What do you think about the book "Kraft zum Leben" and the big discussion about it in the media some years ago?

Jelena
12-23-2008, 01:09 PM
I read the book when it was edited but I didn't refer to it or to the testimonies used in the book when I talked about my faith. I was a bit critical about it to be honest though I cannot really explain why. :shrug:

Eden
12-23-2008, 10:34 PM
1) Which question would you like to get asked by me?
2) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
3) What you do first when you come online?
4) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
5) Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
6) What's your favorite smell?
7) What's a word that you say a lot?
8) Which movie have you seen most often?
9) Who was your most embarassing celebrity crush?
10) What's your favourite Christmas song?

Frohe Weihnachten wünsche ich Dir und Deiner Familie :)

Ivanatis
12-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi Jelena:wavey:

What are your 3 favourite movies? And why?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 04:50 PM
1) Which question would you like to get asked by me?
2) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?
3) What you do first when you come online?
4) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?
5) Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
6) What's your favorite smell?
7) What's a word that you say a lot?
8) Which movie have you seen most often?
9) Who was your most embarassing celebrity crush?
10) What's your favourite Christmas song?

Frohe Weihnachten wünsche ich Dir und Deiner Familie :)
I didn't answer for so long because I still don't have answers on all questions. :o
1) I know you already asked me about my to-read list, but during Christmas(-holidays) I got some other books which are on my to read list as next. :p
2) 1. Gu (GlennMirnyi): - Why are you so different in GM than you are on the other parts of the forum and on msn?
- when will you decide definitely your itinerary where to come in Europe?
2. Santi (psichogaucho): - Will you really let your thread be reopened only in the end of January so that we can't celebrate Francy's birthday there?
3. Nikki: - What is the fun in having two boyfriends at the same time?
4. Martijn (Coocoo....) - How did you start being interested in the Challenger/Future tour?
5. Edu (Zirconek): - Will you restart to learn German?
- What does Oliver think/say when he hears you talking German?
3) Put on mtf :o, and another site that has a streaming, be it scoreboard of atp or whatever, to prevent that every few minutes msn gets kicked out because of the "secure" internet connection I have.
4) I think it was 2002. I already was on the web earlier and I think the first site I found was a forum of Mark Philippoussis.
5) Since I started to learn Portuguese I want to go to Brazil, which is still impossible because of financial reasons.
6) the smell of well-done food.
7) Jesus
8) I'm not really a cineast, so I really have to think about that. Probably it's "the mask of Zorro", cause I really :hearts: Antonio Banderas.
9) The most embarrassing moment was when I met Mariano Zabaleta for the first time after one year, wanted to use 20% of my (then-time) oral Spanish, but started to talk Serbian instead. :o :o :bolt:
The biggest crush I've experienced was in 1995 after a Friendly match of FSV Frankfurt vs Fenerbahce Istanbul. There were so many Fener fans who besieged the bus of the team, that I nearly suffocated there. One of the Fener players, who knew me personally, at one moment came out of the bus again and went away of me. I was :mad: at that moment, but realised later that he that way drew the attention on himself and I got air again.
10) Oh come all ye faithful
Hi Jelena:wavey:

What are your 3 favourite movies? And why?
As I just said, I'm not really a cineast, so that I can only name 2 which are really my favourites.

"The mask of Zorro" Antonio Banderas is simply :hearts: and the dance with Catherine Zeta-Jones is full of erotism.
"Little Buddha" Keanu Reeves is one of my favourites (although I don't like all the movies he made) and he said that it was the making of that movie that attracted him to Buddhism. It's sad to see that Christians often don't realise when someone around them has questions about faith. :awww: :sad:
"Goodbye Lenin" is another one of my favourites. I really can :lol: about it.

Nathaliia
12-29-2008, 04:59 PM
What the normal humble people like us can do to make the world a better place in a global aspect?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 05:07 PM
What the normal humble people like us can do to make the world a better place in a global aspect?
I think much would be won if everybody took this biblical advice to heart: "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." (Paul's letter to the Philippians, Chapter 2, verse 4)

Nathaliia
12-29-2008, 05:17 PM
How long do you think will it take to post 1 million posts to reach zero? :D

Jelena
12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
by the current average it will take less than 57 years. We already needed longer according to average posts/day.

Voo de Mar
12-29-2008, 05:26 PM
Do you know how many posters count down regularly in that thread?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Do you know how many posters count down regularly in that thread?
I am the poster with the most posts in that thread, with more than 12k posts there. :angel: The next one (Uraitan) has less than 3000 posts there, as does Aurora. There are some posters who posted there regularily for some time and then stopped posting there. But I am happy for every post as it increases the average. :D

Voo de Mar
12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
How many posts I've put into the thread?
Why do you like so much that thread?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 05:36 PM
How many posts I've put into the thread?
Why do you like so much that thread?
133 til now
those are easy posts. :p

Voo de Mar
12-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Did you study banking and finance or whatever what involves many numbers?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 05:40 PM
no. I'm interested in economics, especially the stock exchanges environment, but I'm studying translation. :)

Nathaliia
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Which translation is more difficult, the written one or intepreting (sp? the oral, I mean, not sure if I use the correct word :o)

Jelena
12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Which translation is more difficult, the written one or intepreting (sp? the oral, I mean, not sure if I use the correct word :o)
I never really wanted to do interpreting, as I really admire the work of the interpreters, as their vocabulary fundament must be really high. I know of colleagues at the uni that they get glossaries to prepare interpreting jobs, but I really admire interpreters. I like more the translating as I really like the research of the proper word, but one of my profs said only a few weeks ago, she'd know the dreamjob for me: "Football interpreter." I was like: ":o Interpreter? Not translator?" "No interpreter, as there are more jobs to get." :) Hmmmmm.....

Edit: At interpreting you also need to understand what the person you are interpreting is saying. Some time ago I offered to a Brazilian woman from the North-East to say something in Portuguese, I'd translate it. Fortunately I understood the one sentence I really needed to translate. :bolt:

Ivanatis
12-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Do you know the book or movie A Walk To Remember? And if so, how do you like it in general and how do you like the display of christianity in it?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Do you know the book or movie A Walk To Remember? And if so, how do you like it in general and how do you like the display of christianity in it?
Sorry, but I don't know that movie.

Winnipeg
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
do u think I will ever get an ATP ranking ?

are u a Niemeyer fan ?

do u think I would destroy xristos in a match ?

Jelena
12-29-2008, 10:51 PM
do u think I will ever get an ATP ranking ?

are u a Niemeyer fan ?

do u think I would destroy xristos in a match ?
1) I don't know your level of play, I only know that every ranked player is a very good player.
2) He's not even one of the players I keep an eye on when I accidently know where he plays. Of the Canadian players Dancevic is the one I follow the most.
3) :shrug:

Winnipeg
12-29-2008, 10:55 PM
thx for answering :)

Eden
12-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Time for some new questions for you as well :)

1) Which tennismatches have you enjoyed the most this year?
2) What were the highlights in sport for you in general?
3) Which retired tennisplayer do you miss the most?
4) How far will Germany go in next year's World Cup and who is going to win the title?
5) Who is going to win the German nationalleague in soccer?
6) Which famous people would you like to meet?
7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer, may it be positive or negative? If yes, what was the reason for it?

Jelena
12-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Time for some new questions for you as well :)

1) Which tennismatches have you enjoyed the most this year?
2) What were the highlights in sport for you in general?
3) Which retired tennisplayer do you miss the most?
4) How far will Germany go in next year's World Cup and who is going to win the title?
5) Who is going to win the German nationalleague in soccer?
6) Which famous people would you like to meet?
7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer, may it be positive or negative? If yes, what was the reason for it?
1. Verdasco's run in Australia was great to watch. I still remember I told psichogaucho to NOT text me the result of his match vs Murray. The whole wagon of the train heard my :woohoo: when I saw his text, which he sent me though. :tape:
2. Hmmm, hard to say. The French gold medal in Handball was a great thing, Athletics world champs and Swimming ones were great too (even if I have my doubts about the two giant stars in those sports.)
3. Eaaaaaaaasy: Younes
4. I don't think Germany will win the title, I'd say something like semifinal will be their result. Judging by the matches of the other teams I could see in October and November I'd say Brazil has the best chances to win the title.
5. I fear it's gonna be Bayern again. They're again in the mode where the opponents are feared of getting 5 goals of them.
6. let me think about it a bit.
7. Not that I remember it now. I started to post less on a forum of Mark Philippoussis after I had a :cuckoo: meeting with his father, but the idiotism of his father didn't change my opinion about Mark himself.

Eden
12-26-2009, 03:20 PM
1. Verdasco's run in Australia was great to watch. I still remember I told psichogaucho to NOT text me the result of his match vs Murray. The whole wagon of the train heard my :woohoo: when I saw his text, which he sent me though. :tape:

:lol: Judging from your posts one wouldn't expect you to react so emotionally in public ;)

What do you like so much about Verdasco?

Who are your 10 favourite players now on the tour?

2. Hmmm, hard to say. The French gold medal in Handball was a great thing, Athletics world champs and Swimming ones were great too (even if I have my doubts about the two giant stars in those sports.)

Do you mean Bolt and Biedermann? :scratch:

5. I fear it's gonna be Bayern again. They're again in the mode where the opponents are feared of getting 5 goals of them.

Yes, I also think Bayern has really good chances now. They have found together as a team and the other teams missed the chances to take advantage of the crisis.

7. Not that I remember it now. I started to post less on a forum of Mark Philippoussis after I had a :cuckoo: meeting with his father, but the idiotism of his father didn't change my opinion about Mark himself.

What did his father do?

Jelena
12-26-2009, 05:33 PM
:lol: Judging from your posts one wouldn't expect you to react so emotionally in public ;)
I think I'm on the web far less emotional than in real life. (In other words, on the web I have time to think before I talk or I read the post again before I press the submit button.)
What do you like so much about Verdasco?
Well, he's one of the guys I'm praying for quite regularily. One of the things that happen when you pray for someone, you get to know your prayer child. Tennis wise I like how he developped mentally. Yes I know he still has his moments when he crashes completely, but I think in the last year he develpped especially in the mental area.
Who are your 10 favourite players now on the tour?
on the main tour Nando, Ferru, Chardy is someone I keep an eye on, on the challengers I follow Zabaleta, Ricardo Mello and Dustin Brown, on the Futures level I follow Rafael Camilo, a Brazilian boy who climbed of 746 to 493 in 2009. The funny thing is that I also follow Rafael's brother in his judo competitions very closely.
Do you mean Bolt and Biedermann? :scratch:
Bolt and Phelps
What did his father do?When I met Mark at the Paris Indoors in 03, I wanted to give him a New Testament in Greek. To make a long story short, daddy didn't let Mark get it, but called me a stupid bitch, tore the book and threw it in the garbage bin. :rolleyes:

JMG
12-28-2009, 01:10 PM
What do you think of Klaus Kinski's interpretation of the New Testament from his infamous "Jesus Christus Erlöser"-Tour in 1971? Have you ever heard the whole text or at least seen the DVD? :worship:

Jelena
12-28-2009, 01:39 PM
No I haven't. And I'm not sure that I will watch it as I don't really like Klaus Kinski. He's a bit too weird for my taste.

Stensland
12-28-2009, 02:00 PM
do you know aloimeh? what do you think of his views?

Jelena
12-28-2009, 02:20 PM
I read his thread. And most of the stuff is biblically founded, if you like it or not.

Eden
03-13-2010, 03:31 PM

1) Who are/were your favourite coaches in soccer? (Bundesliga and nationalteam)

2) What's your opinion of the Daviscup?

3) Have you read any sportsbiographies? If so, which one did you like the best?

4) If you could change the outcome of a tennismatch which would would you choose?

5) How would the ideal schedule of the tennis season look like for you?

6) Which are your favourite tournaments of the year?

Jelena
03-13-2010, 04:13 PM

1) Who are/were your favourite coaches in soccer? (Bundesliga and nationalteam)

2) What's your opinion of the Daviscup?

3) Have you read any sportsbiographies? If so, which one did you like the best?

4) If you could change the outcome of a tennismatch which would would you choose?

5) How would the ideal schedule of the tennis season look like for you?

6) Which are your favourite tournaments of the year?
1) I like Klopp. :) I saw him play live when he played for Rot-Weiss Frankfurt (before he was transferred as player to Mainz 05), and he was always very approachable, also when he already was coach of Mainz. National team... Rudi Völler always talked quite frankly what he was thinking. Cause I am quite similar, I can relate to that very well.
2) I like it - though the matches that are the most interesting for me rarely involve Germany in them. That's why I have to lose my nerves on the scoreboard mainly...
3) I have. I remember I read the one of Jorginho (former player of Bayern and Leverkusen and now assistant coach of the Brazilian national team) in less than 2 hours. :lol: The one of Evander Holyfield was very interesting as well.
4) I don't remember anymore the year (should be 3 or 4 years ago), it was a Nico Lapentti-match. Quali (final round) in Miami, he was scheduled quite late (for CET), I started to follow it on sb though. In the end he lost that match very closely. And I sat in front of pc until nearly 4am! If I could have beamed me to Miami I think I would have killed him. :o
5) (if it is possible with the Australian summer holidays) put the AO one week later. Put the US-hardcourt-spring tournaments a bit earlier. Weather-wise it will be difficult to put the European Clay-court tournaments earlier. The grass-court season will stay just after RG. I like the European clay-court season after Wimbledon, but somehow it is misplaced there just before the HC-masters in Northamerica. After the US Open the season should only be 6 or 7 more weeks, so that the latest in mid-November the whole season is over (including already WTF and DC-Final). THat way the players could have at least 2 weeks of rest before they have to restart their preparation.
6) I like Stuttgart a lot. Great approachment to the players, great facility, I like it. (yes it is a tournament I know myself. :p)

:wavey: Thanks

Jelena
03-14-2010, 07:42 AM

1) Who are/were your favourite coaches in soccer? (Bundesliga)

I should have added one more coach: Heiko Herrlich. I follow him for more than 20 years now, started when he scored one goal after another for the German U-16 and U-17. Then everybody in the first league wanted him to join them, he went to Leverkusen. There he converted to Christ and talked about it afterwards..... I thought: What please does this guy of 20 years want with God?? A bit more than a year later - I converted to Christ too. And yes, he is one of the guys responsible for it. Years after that, he had a brain tumor, that was non surgeable, but fortunately it was radiation-sensible and :bolt:. Those months were - to call them hard would be the understatement of the year. He really didn't know if he would be alive to see his daughter (his wife was pregnant during that time), for me it was a time, when I prayed loads for him and eventually he survived that stuff and returned on the pitches. Ok, then he became coach - first of the youth national teams (U17 and U18), and some months ago he arrived in Bochum. :yeah:

Eden
12-26-2010, 04:38 PM
4. I don't think Germany will win the title, I'd say something like semifinal will be their result.

Spot on :yeah:

Judging by the matches of the other teams I could see in October and November I'd say Brazil has the best chances to win the title.

Well... ;)

By the way, I always liked Heiko as well and remember the time when he was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

Some new questions for you :)

1) Who impressed you the most from the German nationalteam during the World Cup this summer?

2) Do you think Bayern will have a good second half of the season and still win the title?

3) I think you once mentioned in a thread on GM you got to meet Roger. When was it?

4) How would your last years have went if the internet wouldn't exist?

5) What's something that not many people know about you?

6) What can't be missing in your fridge?

7) Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?

8) What are the 3 most precious things in your life?

9) If you could ask God one question, what would it be?

10) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

11) How long can you go without being on the internet?

12) What's your current favourite match-up in tennis and what has it been in the past?

13) If you were allowed to have anything for free from one store, what store would you pick?

14) Which addictions do you have? (Healthy and unhealthy)

15) Which was the best book you have read this year?

16) Person you wish lived next door? (friend, famous person..)

17) Your least favourite household chore to do?

18) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?

19) What book did you start but couldn't finish?

20) What was the last nice thing someone did for you?

Thanks in advance for answering :hatoff:

Jelena
12-26-2010, 05:48 PM
1) Who impressed you the most from the German nationalteam during the World Cup this summer?
Thomas Müller

2) Do you think Bayern will have a good second half of the season and still win the title?
Still win the title? I HOPE NOT! Maybe they will have a good second half, but I really hope Dortmund will close it out. 14 points back is very much, it means that Dortmund needs only 38 points (in the worst case) to stay in front of Bayern.

3) I think you once mentioned in a thread on GM you got to meet Roger. When was it?
Paris Bercy 2003

4) How would your last years have went if the internet wouldn't exist?
Translating economical texts into Portuguese would be nearly an impossibility :lol: I don't even want to imagine how translators worked in the times before the web.

5) What's something that not many people know about you?
hmmmm. That I was ***** by my then time boyfriend, when I was a teen.

6) What can't be missing in your fridge?
Not in the fridge, but in the cupboard: Nutella

7) Is there something you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
Going to Brazil. Lack of money.

8) What are the 3 most precious things in your life?
1. That Jesus died for my sins and gave me life because of His death.
2. That I am able to talk in so many languages (some are rusty though).
3. the knowledge that God is able to make dung out of shit and that He is a just God.

9) If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Why did the **** happen?

10) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?
When I started watching tennis I couldn't stand Ivan Lendl. But listening to and reading some interviews with him made me respect him. I still really didn't like his style of play, but could respect how much he worked to achieve what he achieved.

11) How long can you go without being on the internet?
If I have a connection, not very long. :o

12) What's your current favourite match-up in tennis and what has it been in the past?
in the past Becker-Edberg. I :hearts: the matches between them. Currently.... I'm not really sure I have a favourite matchup.

13) If you were allowed to have anything for free from one store, what store would you pick?
Amazon. Bookstores............ if I enter them it's very unlikely I go out without a book :o

14) Which addictions do you have? (Healthy and unhealthy)
I fear I could be web-addicted (though I can live well, when I don't have a potential connection.)

15) Which was the best book you have read this year?
The biography of Robert Enke :sad:

16) Person you wish lived next door? (friend, famous person..)
far too many to name them all :lol:. There was a time when a player of Eintracht Frankfurt lived in my town.

17) Your least favourite household chore to do?
cleaning up and vacuuming.

18) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?
hmmmm. Likely go shopping if I don't really need something.

19) What book did you start but couldn't finish?
There are some books I started to read, but still didn't finish. That's more of lacking time than because I didn't like them though.

20) What was the last nice thing someone did for you?
on Christmas eve the 2 1/2 year old boy of the friends we celebrated with helped everybody to unpack the presents. Today a friend in church beamed the songtexts, which was actually my task today but I hardly arrived on time to the service cause of snow.

Thanks in advance for answering :hatoff:
You're welcome :hug:

Eden
12-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Thomas Müller

Do you think the match against Spain would have went differently with him in the team that day?

Still win the title? I HOPE NOT! Maybe they will have a good second half, but I really hope Dortmund will close it out. 14 points back is very much, it means that Dortmund needs only 38 points (in the worst case) to stay in front of Bayern.

I'm not that much into soccer anymore but Dortmund has been my team for many, many years. It would be great if they could win the league again and at least they can concentrate just on this at the 2nd part of the season without having to play the other events.

Paris Bercy 2003

That's been a while ago. I hope he was friendly :)

hmmmm. That I was ***** by my then time boyfriend, when I was a teen.

That's something really personal indeed and takes a lotof strength to speak about, probably already in an internet forum.

Not in the fridge, but in the cupboard: Nutella

Welcome in the http://www.happykatie.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/10/nutella_fan_club.jpg

When I started watching tennis I couldn't stand Ivan Lendl. But listening to and reading some interviews with him made me respect him. I still really didn't like his style of play, but could respect how much he worked to achieve what he achieved.

I'm with you here 100% :yeah: I never liked him when he was active but compared to former players he doesn't goes around and speaks bad about the current generation and stuff like that. I really enjoy his interviews which I read of him and see him in a different light.

in the past Becker-Edberg. I :hearts: the matches between them.

Who did you root for?

The biography of Robert Enke :sad:

I really have to read it. I didn't took it with me from work but asked for it as a very belated birthday present as I wanted to have this book for myself because you will probably have a look into it more often and not just read it once.

Ich wünsche Dir und Deiner Familie einen guten Rutsch in ein gesundes, glückliches neues Jahr :) :hug:

Jelena
12-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Do you think the match against Spain would have went differently with him in the team that day?
Hypothetical, but likely. It was visible he didn't play.

I'm not that much into soccer anymore but Dortmund has been my team for many, many years. It would be great if they could win the league again and at least they can concentrate just on this at the 2nd part of the season without having to play the other events.
I'm even more into football this year as I watch many many matches by livestream now :tape: I know that's nearly not possible, but in my case it is. :lol: Well, I really hope Dortmund doesn't crash in the second part, which is possible as the team is very young.

That's been a while ago. I hope he was friendly :)
He was.

That's something really personal indeed and takes a lotof strength to speak about, probably already in an internet forum.
It is.

Welcome in the http://www.happykatie.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/10/nutella_fan_club.jpg

:lick:

Who did you root for?
Edberg. It was Boris who "introduced" me to tennis, but I turned very fast a fan of Edberg.

I really have to read it. I didn't took it with me from work but asked for it as a very belated birthday present as I wanted to have this book for myself because you will probably have a look into it more often and not just read it once.
I read it during one day. :tape:

Ich wünsche Dir und Deiner Familie einen guten Rutsch in ein gesundes, glückliches neues Jahr :)
:hug:
Danke gleichfalls!

Eden
05-28-2011, 06:34 PM
http://img.webme.com/pic/c/cakes-face-painting-and-more/ko.jpg

Herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Geburtstag :aparty:

Hope you have a great day and an even better new year of life :hug:

Certinfy
05-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Happy Birthday :D

cobalt60
05-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Happy Birthday:hug:
What did you do for your birthday? :p

Jelena
05-28-2011, 08:59 PM
What did I do? I cleaned the flat a bit, then had some guests for a birthday cake, then watched tennis, handball and football (yeah soccer for you americans) live, and now enjoy the rest of the evening....

Marita_Matthäus
05-28-2011, 09:41 PM
Srećan rođendan!! :aparty: :bdaycake:

Voo de Mar
05-29-2011, 02:06 AM
Alles Gute zum Geburstag auch hier :) :hug:

Clay Death
05-29-2011, 02:08 AM
happy birthday.

Jelena
05-29-2011, 06:16 AM
Thanks guys! :)

«Ivan»
05-29-2011, 11:11 PM
sretan ti bio

Eden
05-28-2012, 07:37 PM
http://www.whitelife.com/scripts/getImageWatermark.php?filehash=55736bcef0f7a3d0991 ca89051dc063b

Happy birthday and all the best for your new year of life :) :aparty:

samanosuke
05-28-2012, 07:50 PM
All the best for birthday !!!

Certinfy
05-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Happy Birthday! :D :hug:

Ivanatis
05-28-2012, 08:43 PM
happy birthday:)

Har-Tru
05-28-2012, 11:01 PM