Rafael Nadal's lucky 13 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Rafael Nadal's lucky 13

Stefanos13
12-05-2008, 01:30 PM
With the new year (5th Jan 09) Rafael Nadal will be ranked 13th in the all-time list for most weeks at NUMBER ONE (21 weeks):

– surpassing Mats Wilander with 20 weeks
– Nadal's next milestone will be Ilie Nastase with 40 weeks and Gustavo Kuerten with 43 weeks.
– he's already ahead of P Rafter, C Moya, T Muster, Y Kafelnikov, M Rios, JC Ferrero, J Newcombe, M Safin, B Becker, and A Roddick

Good luck Nadal. This is already some achievement.

Watch this space :)

bokehlicious
12-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Mug era.

Byrd
12-05-2008, 06:36 PM
Nadal also holds the achievement for the most amount of weeks in which he's ruined the sport, 200 odd.

peterparker
12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
Is there a list for # of weeks at 1 and 2 combined? Must be a good chance he takes that record at least. :)

Foxy
12-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Is there a list for # of weeks at 1 and 2 combined? Must be a good chance he takes that record at least. :)

Don't worry. He will do it being just number 1. Pete is some 265 weeks ahead. We must be patient. :)

LinkMage
12-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Don't worry. He will do it being just number 1. Pete is some 265 weeks ahead. We must be patient. :)

:haha:

peterparker
12-05-2008, 06:52 PM

That's like 5 years!! Can mtf handle nadal at the top of the rankings for 5 years? :)

edited to add: doesn't seem like linkmage can. :)

Johnny Groove
12-05-2008, 07:06 PM
That's like 5 years!! Can mtf handle nadal at the top of the rankings for 5 years? :)

edited to add: doesn't seem like linkmage can. :)

5 years? :lol:

It hasn't been even 5 months and people can't handle it :lol:

mashamaniac
12-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Some achievement by rafa...

peterparker
12-05-2008, 07:54 PM
5 years? :lol:

It hasn't been even 5 months and people can't handle it :lol:

I sense some resistance but rafa's got too much personality. I think it's only a matter of time before rafa wins everyone over. :)

Arkulari
12-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Rafa is AWESOME! :rocker2:
I would love him to be at the top for a long time, but I think it's up to him and how he takes care of his body to last that long on the rankings ;)
his injuries are right now his biggest foe :shrug:

peterparker
12-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Rafa is AWESOME! :rocker2:
I would love him to be at the top for a long time, but I think it's up to him and how he takes care of his body to last that long on the rankings ;)
his injuries are right now his biggest foe :shrug:

did you read the new uncle toni article? IIRC He agrees with you Mrs Fedex, he does not believe that rafa will play at 30.

Roddickominator
12-05-2008, 08:59 PM
did you read the new uncle toni article? IIRC He agrees with you Mrs Fedex, he does not believe that rafa will play at 30.

Rafa is going to evolve into a Serve & Volleyer as he gets older. He'll be fine.

peterparker
12-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Rafa is going to evolve into a Serve & Volleyer as he gets older. He'll be fine.

Yessssssssssssssss. All he is missing is a huge serve and the half and full volleying!

Arkulari
12-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Rafa a S&V? I can't see it! :eek:

the whole thing that makes him so special is his speed and his power, it's like Roddick losing his big service or Roger moonballing :shrug:

Toni knows Rafa's body won't hold much longer unless he learns to curb himself a little and play less matches and stuff, Rafa has the tendency to give 150% all the time and that takes a huge toll on the body

General Suburbia
12-06-2008, 01:29 AM
Rafa a S&V? I can't see it! :eek:

the whole thing that makes him so special is his speed and his power, it's like Roddick losing his big service or Roger moonballing :shrug:

Toni knows Rafa's body won't hold much longer unless he learns to curb himself a little and play less matches and stuff, Rafa has the tendency to give 150% all the time and that takes a huge toll on the body
You best be trollin.

Foxy
12-06-2008, 08:24 AM
In two years time Rafa won't need to play that many matches to stay at the top as Federer will be slowly going down. Other players like Murray and Djoko and others can't be consistent enough as Rog was to challange Rafa for the N1. So basically Rafa should only weather the storm the next couple of years.

peterparker
12-06-2008, 08:56 AM
In two years time Rafa won't need to play that many matches to stay at the top as Federer will be slowly going down. Other players like Murray and Djoko and others can't be consistent enough as Rog was to challange Rafa for the N1. So basically Rafa should only weather the storm the next couple of years.

yes, I agree with this! Murray, Djoko and Nadal will have challengers on hard courts (certainly cilic, probably gulbis). Nadal is safe on clay. Yessssssssssss! :)

connectolove
12-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Nadal also holds the achievement for the most amount of weeks in which he's ruined the sport, 200 odd.

I wonder what makes a chap to think this crap :rolleyes:

You are some envious gilipollas, dude!

fast_clay
12-06-2008, 11:12 PM

Nadal needs to practise serve and volley very hard. But, fortunately his technique is exceptional so i have a feeling he will succeed. He really needs to shorten the points in 2009 because it is obvious his body cannot cope with the workload. Nadal is fortunate that he already has the all round game to satisfy this need for change. Vamos.

finishingmove
12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Vamos.

do you think nadal has a chance of becoming trojan?

i think he's praying to avoid the gooch during the gooch slam.

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 12:09 AM
do you think nadal has a chance of becoming trojan?

i think he's praying to avoid the gooch during the gooch slam.

I am not sure. I feel the jury is still out on this one mate. I have the feeling that Nadal is waiting until The Gooch announces his schedule before he announces his own.

I would also add further comment by saying that I think Nadal has the game to beat The Gooch, even indoors. I just think the Rafa camp need to study some videos before they play. Maybe something like 'Driving Miss Daisy' or some security videos from a local airport.

l_mac
12-07-2008, 01:55 AM
I am not sure. I feel the jury is still out on this one mate. I have the feeling that Nadal is waiting until The Gooch announces his schedule before he announces his own.

I think the TD of Sydney has hopes Nadal might take a w/c if he performs poorly in Doha. I have to say I think Rafa would be reluctant. :scared:

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:09 AM
yes eye-mac... ( o) ( o)

i feel Rafa would turn that down... the radient glow of the hair + aussie summer heat will be too much... even for the man from manacor...

Stefanos13
12-07-2008, 10:18 AM
Nadal needs to practise serve and volley very hard. But, fortunately his technique is exceptional so i have a feeling he will succeed. He really needs to shorten the points in 2009 because it is obvious his body cannot cope with the workload. Nadal is fortunate that he already has the all round game to satisfy this need for change. Vamos.

Agreed. Especially the serve. It needs to become a weapon. That's the only way he could win Doha, or Australian, or the Masters that follow and therefore remain on top of the list until the clay season

Acer
12-07-2008, 10:39 AM

What bollocks! As if no one else if going come up in two years time. And assuming that Nadal will remain consistent to begin with...?

Foxy
12-07-2008, 11:42 AM
What bollocks! As if no one else if going come up in two years time. And assuming that Nadal will remain consistent to begin with...?

Please read between the lines.
Yes, NOBODY IS COMING in the next 2 years who could win again and again tournaments as Roge was doing that before. It is not about beating Nadal. It is about winning tournaments and playing consistently all season in order to challenge the N1 spot. I don't see anyone doing it even in 5 years time. But I will not go that further...

Nadal doesn't have to be that consistent too. Taking Roge out of the equation 5000-5500 old points would be enough. And remembering that clay swing can give you up to 3000 points... do the math yourself.

One more thing. The more players emerge and begin to challenge the top spots the more it benefits Rafa. Because it is simply as that. They will share the hard court points.