In the Scotlight - Clydey [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the Scotlight - Clydey

Pages : [1] 2

Naranoc
12-04-2008, 09:33 PM
What's the most embarassing thing you've done while drunk?
Have you ever dreamt about Murray before?
What's the most bluntly truthful piece of criticism you've received in real life?
Are you just misunderstood?
Which five MTF members would you invite over to a dinner party and why?
What trait do you love most about yourself?
Which song would be perfectly suitable as a 'Clydey theme tune'? i.e. imagine it blaring out every time you enter a thread, determined to post.

ExcaliburII
12-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Do you find murray atractive? have you ever had an erection with him?

Clydey
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Oh, you shouldn't have. I really didn't expect this :p

1) What's the most embarassing thing you've done while drunk?

There are many. Trying to think of a specific one is difficult. Probably my best friend's 21st birthday party. I was so drunk that I started asking people to put their cigarettes out on my hand. I still have the scars. I threw up in the toilet (party was being held in some Chinese restaurant) at the end of the evening and couldn't get up. I woke up the next morning to find some of the skin on my right hand melted because of the cigarette burns. :sad:

2) Have you ever dreamt about Murray before?

Probably. I can't think of one off the top of my head, but I've probably dreamed of me taking him on and bamboozling him with my mixes of pace.

3) What's the most bluntly truthful piece of criticism you've received in real life?

Tough one. People are generally too polite to be so blunt. It wasn't so much critcism, but when an ex girlfriend chose another guy over me, I viewed that as criticism.

4) Are you just misunderstood?

Absolutely not. I think I've made it clear that I'm a ****.

5) Which five MTF members would you invite over to a dinner party and why?

fast_clay, finishingmove, adee-gee, Mikey, Nina. I'd maybe invite you over too, as the dinner party would be a bit of a sausage-fest with 5 guys and only one girl.

6) What trait do you love most about yourself?

Intelligence :D

7) Which song would be perfectly suitable as a 'Clydey theme tune'? i.e. imagine it blaring out every time you enter a thread, determined to post.

McN3_4vdMGs

Clydey
12-04-2008, 09:47 PM
Do you find murray atractive? have you ever had an erection with him?

I occasionally have a semi when he's moonballing constantly.

finishingmove
12-04-2008, 09:53 PM
http://www.monm.edu/splash/slices/scotlight_head.jpg

the biscuit
12-04-2008, 09:54 PM
- Do you have a special dance routine that you break out in clubs?
- Would you run a marathon for charity?
- Who was the last person to make you smile?
- Which person would you like to meet? Preferably a dead one please.
- Who is the the oldest famous woman you've ever had a crush on?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- Would you consider yourself private? :D

Clydey
12-04-2008, 09:55 PM
http://www.monm.edu/splash/slices/scotlight_head.jpg

Agreed. This should be in the thread title.

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:01 PM
The biscuit's questions.

- Do you have a special dance routine that you break out in clubs?

Yes. I do the shoulder twitch, as though the music has taken over me and the shoulder has a life of its own. I then start doing all manner of things with my body. Never fails to crack my mates up.

- Would you run a marathon for charity?

Probably not.

- Who was the last person to make you smile?

My dad.

- Which person would you like to meet? Preferably a dead one please.

David Hume.

- Who is the the oldest famous woman you've ever had a crush on?

Demi Moore? I'd maybe give Helen Mirren one, too.

- What is your happiest childhood memory?

Hard to say. Probably Jill Maxwell agreeing to go out with me in high school ;)

- Would you consider yourself private? :D

I couldn't be less private if I tried. There's not a question I won't answer :D

finishingmove
12-04-2008, 10:08 PM
favourite bond movie?

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:09 PM
favourite bond movie?

Goldfinger.

Never in doubt.

the biscuit
12-04-2008, 10:14 PM
- Favorite song that made it big from a movie (I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Iris, Time of My Life...)?

- Last song you sang at the top of your lungs?

- Are you aggressive in traffic?

- Is there anything you hate about Christmas/holiday season?

- Have you ever randomly burst out in laughter/giggles in public?

Yes, I like the game.

scarecrows
12-04-2008, 10:15 PM
do you wear kilts often?

whiskey or beer?

where would you choose to live in the future? If home is the first choice, what would be the 2nd?

Thanos
12-04-2008, 10:20 PM
- have you ever try out for miss scotland contest?? if no, why not??

- if you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be??

- if you were stranded on a island with a friend and their was no food insight. would you consider killing them and eating them??

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:22 PM
- Favorite song that made it big from a movie (I Don't Want To Miss A Thing, Iris, Time of My Life...)?

I can't think of any that made it big. I like loads of songs from the various Rocky movies, though :lol:

- Last song you sang at the top of your lungs?

Probably this one.

_vTgtxrxag0 :haha:

I love cheesy 80s songs.

- Are you aggressive in traffic?

I don't drive, but I don't imagine I would be. I'm more patient in real life when it comes to anything but debating.

- Is there anything you hate about Christmas/holiday season?

I'm very sentimental, so Christmas makes me think about years gone by. Can get me a little down when I get all sentimental.

- Have you ever randomly burst out in laughter/giggles in public?

Yes, plenty of times. When I used to be Catholic, I remember bursting out laughing in church. There was no real reason for it. I just couldn't contain myself.

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:26 PM
- have you ever try out for miss scotland contest?? if no, why not??

Nope, never tried out. They wouldn't let me compete on account of my massive schlong.

- if you could be anyone else in the world, who would you be??

Andy Murray :shrug:

- if you were stranded on a island with a friend and their was no food insight. would you consider killing them and eating them??[/QUOTE]

Depends on the friend and how fat they were. The bigger they are, the more likely I am to live off them for a few weeks.

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:27 PM
do you wear kilts often?

Only worn a kilt once, for my first communion. I'll be wearing one next year for my cousin's wedding, though.

whiskey or beer?

Whiskey. No question.

where would you choose to live in the future? If home is the first choice, what would be the 2nd?

Canada.

Snoo Foo
12-04-2008, 10:28 PM
- how would you keep the meat fresh?

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:30 PM
- how would you keep the meat fresh?

Good point. I guess I'd have to eat him all at once :mad:

finishingmove
12-04-2008, 10:42 PM
favourite boy band?

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:43 PM
favourite boy band?

N'Sync :shrug:

Coldplay are a boyband, I guess.

finishingmove
12-04-2008, 10:45 PM
that was a trick question

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:46 PM

:sad:

You fiend.

Smasher
12-04-2008, 10:47 PM
What's your favourite place in Scotland? :p

Clydey
12-04-2008, 10:48 PM
What's your favourite place in Scotland? :p

The highlands. More specifically, Alness/Inverness where I grew up :)

finishingmove
12-04-2008, 10:48 PM
:sad:

You fiend.

:D

continue peacefully, i'm all out of questions for now.

GlennMirnyi
12-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Do you really think you're that intelligent, scot?

GlennMirnyi
12-04-2008, 11:02 PM

:haha:

That reminds me of Sean. :p

tennizen
12-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Are you aware of the way you are commonly perceived? If it is not similar to how you perceive yourself, will you try to change or will you ignore the external input?

NinaNina19
12-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Blondes or brunettes?
Nice boobs, nice ass, or nice legs?

Clydey
12-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Are you aware of the way you are commonly perceived? If it is not similar to how you perceive yourself, will you try to change or will you ignore the external input?

The way I'm perceived on MTF is different to how I'm perceived in real life. On here, I'm considered something of an obsessed Murray fanboy. In real life, tennis rarely comes up in conversation. ;)

I think most people would be different in real life. One thing that people on here would be surprised about is that I'm unfailingly polite in real life.

Edit: didn't properly answer the question.

It depends what the perception is. If it's something people don't like but that I value in myself, I won't try and change it. If people see an attribute in me that I personally don't like, I would try to change it.

Clydey
12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Blondes or brunettes?
Nice boobs, nice ass, or nice legs?

1)Brunettes. No question.
2)Nice ass. I've been an ass man for as long as I can remember.

TMJordan
12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Are you ready to get your ass kicked in xbox live? :D by me :D

Clydey
12-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Do you really think you're that intelligent, scot?

I know I am. I don't particularly care for false modesty, so I'm not going to pretend that I think I'm stupid :shrug:

Clydey
12-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Are you ready to get your ass kicked in xbox live? :D by me :D

You've only had VT3 for like 3 days or something. You won't win a point :lol:

What games did you buy?

TMJordan
12-04-2008, 11:55 PM
You've only had VT3 for like 3 days or something. You won't win a point :lol:

What games did you buy?

Yeah I suck right now, give me some time. I can't even beat the computer at hard level :mad: I got NCAA 09 and NHL 09 also. Two games you don't like probaly. This weekend I will be getting Top Spin 3 and GTA. :sport:

Clydey
12-04-2008, 11:57 PM
Yeah I suck right now, give me some time. I can't even beat the computer at hard level :mad: I got NCAA 09 and NHL 09 also. Two games you don't like probaly. This weekend I will be getting Top Spin 3 and GTA. :sport:

I have Top Spin 3. I didn't particularly like it, though. It's more of a sim than VT3, but it's pretty slow and awkward.

Yeah, haven't played those games. GTA IV is fantastic, though. Pretty sure you'll love it. Not met anyone who dislikes it.

Corey Feldman
12-04-2008, 11:57 PM
whats yer fave chippy grub? ;)

Clydey
12-04-2008, 11:58 PM
whats yer fave chippy grub? ;)

Sausage supper. Never in doubt :yeah:

I had fried Mars Bars and fried Galaxy when I was a kid, though. Scottish food :worship:

Naranoc
12-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Do you ever go to sleep?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:34 AM
Do you ever go to sleep?

Rarely before 4am. Whether I'm in the house or out, I like the early hours of the morning.

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:34 AM
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:36 AM
How tall are you?
How much do you weigh?

1) 6 feet
2) Not sure how much I weigh. Been ages since I weighed myself. 160-170lbs? 12 stones or something.

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 12:37 AM
How did you feel when Murray had Nadal doubled over in pain at the end of the US semi-final this year, right on the edge of victory...?
Does Scotland producing the 'most likely' since Fred Perry give you a feeling of superiority over your English neighbours...?
Would Murray be correct in telling Boggo he is a f***head, a sh!t player and a waste of sperm...?
Should Murray quit Davis Cup due to sh!t teammates and lobby to have a Scottish Davis Cup team until he retires, whereby Scotland will rejoin the Monarchy...?
Did you ever smash a pint glass on someones head like Begby in Trainspotting...?

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:40 AM
If you had to have sex with a guy, who would you do Sean Connery or Murray?

Thanos
12-05-2008, 12:40 AM
are you angry that you just got rejected by ninanina19?? if so, are you going to take a personal vendetta against corey feldmen??

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Rihanna or Beyonce?

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Do you hate me because of what I said :sad: ?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:43 AM
How did you feel when Murray had Nadal doubled over in pain at the end of the US semi-final this year, right on the edge of victory...?
Does Scotland producing the 'most likely' since Fred Perry give you a feeling of superiority over your English neighbours...?
Would Murray be correct in telling Boggo he is a f***head, a sh!t player and a waste of sperm...?
Should Murray quit Davis Cup due to sh!t teammates and lobby to have a Scottish Davis Cup team until he retires, whereby Scotland will rejoin the Monarchy...?
Did you ever smash a pint glass on someones head like Begby in Trainspotting...?

1) I'm not going to lie. I was aroused. A Scotsman had forced Nadal to double over and gasp for breath. I was proud and aroused.

2) Absolutely. Not that Murray was required for Scots to have this feeling of superiority :yeah:

3) No. If he said that, he'd be sugarcoating it too much. His words to Boggo should be more harsh.

4) No. England need our help, so we might as well throw them a bone.

5) No, but I once kicked a bag of chips out of a girl's hands when I was drunk at 4am in George Square in Glasgow (There's a long story behind that). One of the most shameful things I've ever done, which led me to not drink so heavily when I was out.

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:44 AM
1) I'm not going to lie. I was aroused. A Scotsman had forced Nadal to double over and gasp for breath. I was proud and aroused.

2) Absolutely. Not that Murray was required for Scots to have this feeling of superiority :yeah:

3) No. If he said that, he'd be sugarcoating it too much. His words to Boggo should be more harsh.

4) No. England need our help, so we might as well throw them a bone.

5) No, but I once kicked a bag of chips out of a girl's hands when I was drunk at 4am in George Square in Glasgow (There's a long story behind that). One of the most shameful things I've ever done, which led me to not drink so heavily when I was out.Murray making Nadal bend over :drool: .

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
Rihanna or Beyonce?

Beyonce. That ass is just :worship:

Do you hate me because of what I said ?

No. I'm just broken-hearted. :sad:

;)

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:45 AM
If you had to have sex with a guy, who would you do Sean Connery or Murray?

Sean Connery.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:46 AM
are you angry that you just got rejected by ninanina19?? if so, are you going to take a personal vendetta against corey feldmen??

I'm hurt. Profoundly.

I love Mikey too much to go on a revenge mission. If you love something, you should set it free. I'm setting Nina free to be with Mikey.

:mad:

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:47 AM
Hottest female tennis player?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:48 AM
Hottest female tennis player?

Hmmmm. Kirilenko, perhaps. There's someone I can't seem to think of. There's one I find unbearably hot, but I can't think of her name.

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 12:51 AM
Scottish girls or English girls?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Scottish girls or English girls?

I've been out with a few English girls, so it's hard to say. I'm going to be patriotic and say Scottish girls.

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 12:54 AM
5) No, but I once kicked a bag of chips out of a girl's hands when I was drunk at 4am in George Square in Glasgow (There's a long story behind that). One of the most shameful things I've ever done, which led me to not drink so heavily when I was out.

:lol:

did you feel as though you made good contact with the bag of chips... like, did you meet it on the bridge of the foot, right on the shoe laces...?
when you connected with the bag of chips, did you feel like Ally McCoist or Alan Hansen...?

Corey Feldman
12-05-2008, 12:56 AM
ever been to Paisley Clydey ?

I'm hurt. Profoundly.

I love Mikey too much to go on a revenge mission. If you love something, you should set it free. I'm setting Nina free to be with Mikey.

:mad::sad: but i am too old, you have seen the trouble Nina has with these older guys chasing her
:eek:

Clydey
12-05-2008, 12:59 AM

did you feel as though you made good contact with the bag of chips... like, did you meet it on the bridge of the foot, right on the shoe laces...?
when you connected with the bag of chips, did you feel like Ally McCoist or Alan Hansen...?

I made great contact with them. I fucked up her meal totally.

What happened was I was drunk beyond belief. It was like 4am and we were outside the chip shop. My mates were chatting 3 girls up, while I was struggling to remain upright. They took it upon themselves to tell the girls that there was a party back at my place (there wasn't). One of the girls pointed at me and asked, "His place?" (I found all this out the next morning). I saw her pointing at me and assumed she had insulted me. I then kicked the bag of chips out of her hands and start insulting her. All the women got in a taxi and I proceeded to chase the taxi for about 50 metres while screaming at them and shaking my fist like a some sort of cartoon villain.

Absolutely fucking shameful. I've never lived it down.

I felt like McCoist. I'd had to have slide tackled her to feel like Alan Hansen.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:00 AM
ever been to Paisley Clydey ?

Yeah, I have. My ex used to stay there. Took me ages to get there when I went to see her.

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 01:05 AM
I felt like McCoist. I'd had to have slide tackled her to feel like Alan Hansen.

so... what you are telling us Clydey, is that the shot was on target... is that a fair assumption...?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:07 AM

so... what you are telling us Clydey, is that the shot was on target... is that a fair assumption...?

If it had been during a match, that bag of chips would have nestled nicely in the top corner.

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:12 AM
Is there anyone in your family that hates English people?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:14 AM
Is there anyone in your family that hates English people?

Nah, no one. I view the whole England-Scotland thing as a friendly rivalry. I don't think anyone sensible would take it seriously enough to hate the English. Scotland does have it's fair share of idiots, though.

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 01:15 AM
:lol: f**ken good piss up story by the way... :haha: 'Goooooaaaaallll!!! Clydey McMac scoooores for Stranraeeeeeer'

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:17 AM
:lol: f**ken good piss up story by the way... :haha: 'Goooooaaaaallll!!! Clydey McMac scoooores for Stranraeeeeeer'

:haha: Where did you pull Stranraer from? At least have me playing for one of the Old Firm. Instead you have me scoring with a bag of chips for some lower league side :lol:

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:17 AM
How many times have you watched Braveheart?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:18 AM
How many times have you watched Braveheart?

Probably seen it about 10 times. Which is pretty good, since it lasts for like 3 hours :lol:

I have it on DVD :worship:

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:20 AM
Probably seen it about 10 times. Which is pretty good, since it lasts for like 3 hours :lol:

I have it on DVD :worship:

My dad's watched it more times than that :help: .

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 01:20 AM
just trying to keep it believeable mate... ya know... :yeah:

ok ok.. partick thistle then...

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:21 AM
Rate this ass on a scale of 1 to 10?
http://blog.joins.com/usr/t/o/tony4328/22/jelena-dokic16.jpg

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:22 AM
Rate this ass on a scale of 1 to 10?
http://blog.joins.com/usr/t/o/tony4328/22/jelena-dokic16.jpg

That's an 8 or a 9 :drool:

Who does that fine rear belong to?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Nevermind. I see it belongs to Dokic. Unbelievable ass.

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:23 AM
That's an 8 or a 9 :drool:

Who does that fine rear belong to?

Only that much. Jelena Dokic. Hotter than Kirilenko might I add:o.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:25 AM
Only that much. Jelena Dokic. Hotter than Kirilenko might I add:o.

I'd say it's a 9. Nearly perfect.

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:28 AM
Dokic or Ivanovic?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Dokic or Ivanovic?

Dokic. That ass has swayed me. I'm transfixed :hearts:

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:30 AM
Dokic. That ass has swayed me. I'm transfixed :hearts:

She's also got these boobs :hearts: .
http://www.turgente.org/wp-content/uploads/images/abn.jpg
http://sites.evc.net/wta/Jelena_Dokic_HQ/Jelena_Dokic_13.jpg
http://a8.vietbao.vn/images/viet1/the-thao/10803488-jelenat.jpg

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:31 AM
She's also got these boobs :hearts: .
http://www.turgente.org/wp-content/uploads/images/abn.jpg

Oh my. What are you doing to me? Now I'm sitting here all depressed because I can't tap that ass :mad:

Corey Feldman
12-05-2008, 01:32 AM
incredible Dokic :drool:

thats a 11 for me!

i still have the official 1999 WImbledon video here at home when she destroys Hingis in 1stR

come over some day Nina and watch it :D

NinaNina19
12-05-2008, 01:35 AM
incredible Dokic :drool:

thats a 11 for me!

i still have the official 1999 WImbledon video here at home when she destroys Hingis in 1stR

come over some day Nina and watch it :DI will;). She's playing again. She's going to play AO MD. Hopefully she looks this hot again:http://a8.vietbao.vn/images/viet1/the-thao/10803488-jelenat.jpg.

GlennMirnyi
12-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I know I am. I don't particularly care for false modesty, so I'm not going to pretend that I think I'm stupid :shrug:

You're not that intelligent anyway, honey. :)

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 01:52 AM
f***... dokic is such a joke... great stats top to bottom...

Clydey
12-05-2008, 01:52 AM
You're not that intelligent anyway, honey. :)

My uni results speak for themselves, sweetheart :)

Nathaliia
12-05-2008, 06:20 AM
What are the top three things you like the most about Scotland?

Would you consider asking Mikey to have Nina in a sandwich?

You love answering questions, don't you?

Would you like Excalibut to ask you some?

Do you smoke?

How old were you when you got drunk for the first time?

Why Scottish pounds can't be exchanged abroad?

Nathaliia
12-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Do you feel unhappy your latest activity on MTF was 06:19 and I asked you questions 06:20 and would you stay up to answer?

GlennMirnyi
12-05-2008, 10:17 AM
My uni results speak for themselves, sweetheart :)

And they would be?

adee-gee
12-05-2008, 10:42 AM
I can answer this :o

They are quite easy to fake, and for people that don't know the Scottish notes they get suspicious....even in England, they legally have to accept Scottish notes but often kick up a fuss and refuse to :retard:

Nathaliia
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
I can answer this :o

They are quite easy to fake, and for people that don't know the Scottish notes they get suspicious....even in England, they legally have to accept Scottish notes but often kick up a fuss and refuse to :retard:
Some enlightened Scots told me I could exchange it everywhere and I stupid believed and wanted to exchange in Poland and the woman almost called the police and flyed me out of there. I went to the bank and they told me to get lost too, but in more polite way. Then a guy from England who came to Poland exchanged it for me, but he said he had big problems to get GBP for it, and he worked in a bank himself, and actually was an important person there, not just a cashier.

Why won't you just improve the quality of this pound of yours?

the biscuit
12-05-2008, 11:12 AM
- famous Scottish authors: Arthur Conan Doyle or J.M. Barry?
- how would you name your children (if you want them)?
- do you watch Top Gear?
- do you like Gordon Ramsey or does him saying 'fuck' or a variant of that word every 5 seconds turn you off from his shows?
- Wham! or Take That?
- are you pro or con Robbie Williams?

Jimnik
12-05-2008, 01:26 PM
1. Do you think Scotland should be an independent nation?
2. Would Braveheart be disappointed with the way things are now?

fast_clay
12-05-2008, 03:39 PM
it is widely understood that your MTF persona has embraced its feminine side... are you comfortable with the general perception that a bloodythirsty, chip-kicking, Connery loving Scot has acheived this...?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 04:02 PM
it is widely understood that your MTF persona has embraced its feminine side... are you comfortable with the general perception that a bloodythirsty, chip-kicking, Connery loving Scot has acheived this...?

This happened without my knowledge. Scotsmen often have to contend with this issue, what with our penchant for kilt-wearing. We're often mistaken for extremely masculine women.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
Do you feel unhappy your latest activity on MTF was 06:19 and I asked you questions 06:20 and would you stay up to answer?

I was actually going to answer, but my eyes were too heavy :mad:

Clydey
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
What are the top three things you like the most about Scotland?

Would you consider asking Mikey to have Nina in a sandwich?

You love answering questions, don't you?

Would you like Excalibut to ask you some?

Do you smoke?

How old were you when you got drunk for the first time?

1) The scenery, our achievements and the history.

2) Mikey is far too heterosexual to ever include another man his sex life.

3) Yes :D

4) I think Excalibur is only interested in questioning femmes :(

5) No

6) 18 (seriously). Up until that age, I had planned on never drinking alcohol. My mates convinced me to drink on a night out and nights out from then on rapidly got out of control.

7) I'll refer you to Mikey's answer for that one.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 04:29 PM
- famous Scottish authors: Arthur Conan Doyle or J.M. Barry?
- how would you name your children (if you want them)?
- do you watch Top Gear?
- do you like Gordon Ramsey or does him saying 'fuck' or a variant of that word every 5 seconds turn you off from his shows?
- Wham! or Take That?
- are you pro or con Robbie Williams?

1) Did Conan Doyle ever really consider himself Scottish? If so, I'll maybe go with him.

2) I don't know. Probably name one after my dad. His name is Harry. Shouldn't really do that to a child, but I'd like to pass on the name of one of my parents.

3) Nope. I don't like Jeremy Clarkson.

4) I don't mind him. He lacks variety in his insults, though :(

5) Take that

6) Con. Used to not mind him, but he bugs me now.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 04:30 PM
1. Do you think Scotland should be an independent nation?
2. Would Braveheart be disappointed with the way things are now?

1) I'm undecided on the first one. If we could survive on our own, yes.

2) He'd be gutted, no doubt. He would probably kill the queen or something.

the biscuit
12-05-2008, 04:41 PM
- Last thing you bought impulsively?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Lindsay Davenport or Jennifer Capriati?
- Why do you have that wombat or whatev it is as your avie?
- And how can anyone not like Robbie Williams? I went to his concert and looooved it. :D He's amusing and a great entertainer.

adee-gee
12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
- Give me an honest answer...which cartoon character have/do you had a crush on?

- Have you ever been to The Tunnel in Glasgae? Opinions?

- Gordon Brown, love him or hate him?

- If Murray was Zimbabwean, would you like him as much as you do?

- Were you a ned in your younger years?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 04:56 PM
- Last thing you bought impulsively?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- Lindsay Davenport or Jennifer Capriati?
- Why do you have that wombat or whatev it is as your avie?
- And how can anyone not like Robbie Williams? I went to his concert and looooved it. :D He's amusing and a great entertainer.

1) Probably a game for my XBox 360. I end up playing half of them for 5 minutes and then forgetting about them.

2) People being unreliable. Can't stand it. If someone is depending on me for something or to be somewhere, it would take something special to prevent me being there. I expect the same in return, but rarely get it.

3) Capriati.

4) Finishingmove had a picture of a wombat as his avatar. I found it unbearably cute, so I got one of my own.

5) His act grew a bit old, in my opinion. His video for Millenium irritated me for whatever reason.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 05:00 PM
- Give me an honest answer...which cartoon character have/do you had a crush on?

- Have you ever been to The Tunnel in Glasgae? Opinions?

- Gordon Brown, love him or hate him?

- If Murray was Zimbabwean, would you like him as much as you do?

- Were you a ned in your younger years?

1) Aye. It was years ago, though. Not sure if it's changed. The place was manky and it was boiling hot, like a furnace.

2) Indifferent towards him. Feel a bit sorry for him, mind you.

3) Nah. Part of his appeal obviously is that he's Scottish. I'd still be a fan, though.

4) Not even close to one :lol: I've never tucked my trackies into my socks, worn a shell suit, or talked like a ned. I'm pretty well-spoken, to be honest. My accent is a mixture of the west and of the highlands. Best of both worlds :D

adee-gee
12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
You missed my first question :awww: (or was it deliberately skipped :p )

Clydey
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
You missed my first question :awww: (or was it deliberately skipped :p )

Missed it by mistake :D

Jessica Rabbit is the obvious one :devil:

adee-gee
12-05-2008, 05:12 PM
Missed it by mistake :D

Jessica Rabbit is the obvious one :devil:
How about Princess Jasmine? :hearts:

Clydey
12-05-2008, 05:15 PM
How about Princess Jasmine? :hearts:

That the hottie from Aladin? If so, she'd get it too.

Nathaliia
12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
South Park or Family Guy?

If you could join MTF again, now when you know how people see you, would you go the same path again?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
South Park or Family Guy?

If you could join MTF again, now when you know how people see you, would you go the same path again?

1) I don't actually watch either of them, but probably South Park. I enjoyed the episode where they mocked Family Guy and its writing staff.

2) Hard to say. I probably would. I don't think I ever said anything outrageous. I defended Murray pretty passionately, but I never made any crazy claims about his ability.

Stensland
12-05-2008, 10:15 PM
would you have any interest in tennis if murray didn't exist?

the biscuit
12-05-2008, 10:28 PM
- Gone with the Wind or A Streetcar Named Desire?
- let ten Tarantula spiders crawl over your body or 2 Boa Constrictors?
- when's the last time you went into a physical fight?
- ever been on a diet?
- when's the last time you woke up and couldn't remember anything from the previous night?

Clydey
12-05-2008, 11:40 PM
- Gone with the Wind or A Streetcar Named Desire?
- let ten Tarantula spiders crawl over your body or 2 Boa Constrictors?
- when's the last time you went into a physical fight?
- ever been on a diet?
- when's the last time you woke up and couldn't remember anything from the previous night?

1) Not seen either of them, unfortunately. Based on what I've heard, Streetcar Named Desire seems more my type of film.

2) Well, I'd be dead no matter which of them I chose, unless this was a supervised challenge, where the spiders had their venom removed. I'd go with Boa Constrictor. I can deal with snakes. I hate creepy crawlies.

3) Years and years ago. Can't even remember.

4) Yep, a few years ago. Twice. Back in my teens I lost 3 stones on 2 separate occasions.

5) At least 4 years ago. I stopped drinking as heavily by the age of 22. I hate not being in control of myself when on a night out, so I rarely get legless anymore.

Clydey
12-05-2008, 11:44 PM
would you have any interest in tennis if murray didn't exist?

I've been watching tennis since before Murray was born, when I was about 5. My interest in it has gone through phases. I've had periods of no interest and periods of high interest. I had no interest during the period when Hewitt and Roddick were on top.

I'd definitely be interested in tennis with or without Murray. I watch almost every match from every major tournament during the year.

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 12:12 AM
Give me an avatar idea.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Give me an avatar idea.

Dude, that isn't even a question. That's an order. Let me think.

How do you feel about animals? I prefer to use cute animals. It throws people off. They see me boasting a wombat as my avatar and think I must be cute and cuddly. And then BAM! They realise within seconds that I'm a total ****let.

You could use one of my old favourites. The raver cat.

http://i4.glitter-graphics.org/pub/315/315124q0s06rgmsd.gif

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Dude, that isn't even a question. That's an order. Let me think.

How do you feel about animals? I prefer to use cute animals. It throws people off. They see me boasting a wombat as my avatar and think I must be cute and cuddly. And then BAM! They realise within seconds that I'm a total ****let.

You could use one of my old favourites. The raver cat.

http://i4.glitter-graphics.org/pub/315/315124q0s06rgmsd.gif

Hmm, that's just given me an idea :D

I don't think we (non-premium members) can use animated images :(

Thanos
12-06-2008, 12:31 AM
how do you feel that all this shit spotlight threads have pushed your great chat thread out of the main page??

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:32 AM
how do you feel that all this shit spotlight threads have pushed your great chat thread out of the main page??

That is disappointing. I might bump it with some contrived discussion idea.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:35 AM
Hmm, that's just given me an idea :D

I don't think we (non-premium members) can use animated images :(

Which part gave you an idea?

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 12:38 AM
The deceptively cute and cuddly bit, vamos.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:40 AM
The deceptively cute and cuddly bit, vamos.

That new avatar is kinda cute :tape:

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 12:46 AM
That new avatar is kinda cute :tape:

The desired effect! It was Adam who bugged me about my old one :(

Have you ever been genuinely angered online? Why?

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2008, 12:52 AM
If you were me what question would you ask you? (apart from this one)

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Would you get along with someone who was, in terms of personality, a 'Clydey-clone'?

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:53 AM
The desired effect! It was Adam who bugged me about my old one :(

It was time for a change. I changed mine today, too. It wasn't as drastic as yours, mind you. I just switched to a different wombat picture.

Have you ever been genuinely angered online? Why?

Plenty of times. Never from being insulted or anything remotely like that. I tend to get angry when I feel someone isn't using their common sense.

I remember getting pissed off when I was arguing with someone about evolution and intelligent design. He wouldn't listen to reason and persisted with his support for intelligent design, changing his argument the moment I made his previous position untenable.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:56 AM
Would you get along with someone who was, in terms of personality, a 'Clydey-clone'?

Probably not. Who the hell wants to be friends with someone who is exactly like them? Too boring. I need someone who I can argue with, engage in a discussion.

I'd make myself laugh, though. That would be a plus.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:57 AM
If you were me what question would you ask you? (apart from this one)

Something sexual. I get the feeling that's the way you're thinking right now.

You want to know when I lost my virginity, don't you? You cheeky little bastard.

Naranoc
12-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Probably not. Who the hell wants to be friends with someone who is exactly like them? Too boring. I need someone who I can argue with, engage in a discussion.

I'd make myself laugh, though. That would be a plus.

I didn't say someone who has the same opinions ;) Merely in terms of how they approach matters as opposed to specifics, e.g. how argumentative they are.

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2008, 01:01 AM
Something sexual. I get the feeling that's the way you're thinking right now.

You want to know when I lost my virginity, don't you? You cheeky little bastard.

totally

what song should I learn on guitar right now?

Clydey
12-06-2008, 01:02 AM
totally

what song should I learn on guitar right now?

Fade to Black by Metallica.

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2008, 01:04 AM
good shout. I know quite a bit of it but I should really get my arse in gear and learn some more of the lead parts.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 01:04 AM
I didn't say someone who has the same opinions ;) Merely in terms of how they approach matters as opposed to specifics, e.g. how argumentative they are.

Absolutely. I'd love that kind of person. Thinks critically, debates passionately, can be ridiculously immature, loves Seinfeld.

I'd turn gay for that guy. If it was a female, I'd stalk her.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 01:05 AM
good shout. I know quite a bit of it but I should really get my arse in gear and learn some more of the lead parts.

Can you play the solo at the start?

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2008, 01:11 AM
I can play it from tab but I don't know it all by heart. working on it now.

do you play yourself?

Clydey
12-06-2008, 01:25 AM
I can play it from tab but I don't know it all by heart. working on it now.

do you play yourself?

Nah. I took 2 guitar lessons and packed it in. I didn't have the patience, unfortunately. I wanted to be busting out solos after 2 lessons :lol:

So you're a pretty handy guitar player, then?

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2008, 01:54 AM
yeah I'm decent enough I suppose. can't solo for shit though. don't have the patience and I'm not much of a fan of solos in general so I don't have the motivation. I've no interest in practicing scales or doing finger exercises or whatever to get up to shredding standard. I just want to play songs I like.

I quit for a few years after I first got the guitar too. the teacher was an old guy who tried to give me a load of theory straight up and teach me a few shithouse 60s and folk songs I'd never heard before. I guess it's the same story for a lot of people. met another teacher a few years later who was into similar stuff as me and taught me a few simple nirvana songs in my first lesson. had about 5 lessons with that guy and I've flown solo since.

fast_clay
12-06-2008, 02:26 AM

yeah... :( ... bring back The Clydey Channel... its like The God Channel excepts its not... :rocker2:

shotgun
12-06-2008, 02:28 AM
- Did you ever get involved in a physical fight at school? If yes, what was the reason? And who won the fight?

Clydey
12-06-2008, 02:28 AM
yeah... :( ... bring back The Clydey Channel... its like The God Channel excepts its not... :rocker2:

God channel? Worst thing you can say to an atheist :haha:

Bump it for me. Say some crazy shit and get that party started. I'll bandwagon hop after you've weaved your magic.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 02:34 AM
- Did you ever get involved in a physical fight at school? If yes, what was the reason? And who won the fight?

Yeah, but it wasn't all that physical. Couple of punches were thrown and then it was broken up. I don't think anyone could be called a winner in that embarrassing scrap :lol:

Can't remember exactly what it was about. I know that it started in the last period of the day, in Physics. We squared up (went nose to nose) in the class and continued it outside, once we had vacated the classroom.

Only other real fight I was in when I was younger wasn't really a fight. It was shameful. I was maybe 10 and my older cousin and his friends convinced me that some guy had been insulting me behind my back. I confronted him and punched him square in the nose. He started crying and, I shit you not, I tried to karate kick him in the face. Not a flying kick or anything. Just a sidekick to the face. I must have missed his face by about a metre.

Not only did I feel guilty as shit about punching the poor guy, but I was humiliated after my failed karate kick.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 02:37 AM
yeah I'm decent enough I suppose. can't solo for shit though. don't have the patience and I'm not much of a fan of solos in general so I don't have the motivation. I've no interest in practicing scales or doing finger exercises or whatever to get up to shredding standard. I just want to play songs I like.

I quit for a few years after I first got the guitar too. the teacher was an old guy who tried to give me a load of theory straight up and teach me a few shithouse 60s and folk songs I'd never heard before. I guess it's the same story for a lot of people. met another teacher a few years later who was into similar stuff as me and taught me a few simple nirvana songs in my first lesson. had about 5 lessons with that guy and I've flown solo since.

I like my solos. Not just any solo, though. It has to actually be melodic. I hate solos that are all about the guitarist playing fast. Those are tuneless. That's why I hate solos from bands like Slayer.

The solo in Fade to Black, for example, is brilliant.

Nathaliia
12-06-2008, 08:07 AM
so how old were you when you lost your virginity?

Clydey
12-06-2008, 12:07 PM
so how old were you when you lost your virginity?

I was 17.

Henry Chinaski
12-06-2008, 02:37 PM
I quite like Slayer solos because they're so hideously ugly and very distinctive as a result. They sound like a tortured guitar agonisingly pleading for mercy.

But you wouldn't expect anything less from these 2 pretty boys:

http://f6.img.v4.skyrock.net/f6f/panzerfaust66/pics/188027173_small.jpg

Clydey
12-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I quite like Slayer solos because they're so hideously ugly and very distinctive as a result. They sound like a tortured guitar agonisingly pleading for mercy.

But you wouldn't expect anything less from these 2 pretty boys:

http://f6.img.v4.skyrock.net/f6f/panzerfaust66/pics/188027173_small.jpg

Heart throbs :hearts:

Slayer solos sound, to me, like Kerry is just playing as fast as he can, no matter what notes he hits :lol:

I do like Reign in Blood and Angel of Death, though.

adee-gee
12-15-2008, 06:27 PM
1) What is your favourite Backstreet Boys song? :p

2) What's the reasoning behind the 'Clydey' username?

3) Do you think now that people's opinions on you have improved now they've got to "know" the real Clydey?

4) Can you tell me how your dispute with l_mac and wildegirl started? :(

5) Who's your 2nd favourite player? Do you prefer Nadal or Federer?

6) Do you ever watch the WTA? Who are your favourite players?

Clydey
12-15-2008, 07:14 PM
1) What is your favourite Backstreet Boys song? :p

2) What's the reasoning behind the 'Clydey' username?

3) Do you think now that people's opinions on you have improved now they've got to "know" the real Clydey?

4) Can you tell me how your dispute with l_mac and wildegirl started? :(

5) Who's your 2nd favourite player? Do you prefer Nadal or Federer?

6) Do you ever watch the WTA? Who are your favourite players?

1) Tough question. There are so many classics to choose from. :D Probably I Want It That Way :rocker2:

2) I used to troll Usenet wth a female friend. We called ourselves "Bonnie & Clyde". She was Bonnie P (Bonnie Parker) and I was Clyde B (Clyde Barrow). I kept the nickname when I started posting on the SaddoBoxing.com forum. On one particular day my connection was playing up. Consequently, I made lots of double posts by accident. This led one of the forum members to remark that I was like the character in Goodfellas "Jimmy 2 Times", who says everything twice. This caused me to change my nickname to Clydey2Times, before eventually shortening it to Clydey.

3) No idea, but it's quite possible. The less I talk about Murray, the more appealing people seem to find me. I still have a lot of haters, though. :devil:

4) They both took an instant dislike to me, for whatever reason. It certainly wasn't something I engineered. They didn't like my persona on GM, so they constantly bitched about me. When I came on NT, Linda became convinced that I was being fake simply because people no longer found me to be an irredeemable **** :shrug:. Even when Linda struck up a conversation with me and I went along with it, she would still go back to the Rafa forum and bitch about me.

They just seem incredibly spiteful and petty. They even decided together to put me on ignore because I dared enter the Rafa forum AFTER they had bitched about me for months :lol:. Anyway, that's the long and short of it :D. I'd be lying if I said it was something that keeps me awake at night. Erm, even though I do actually stay awake literally all night. That's not the reason, however. :scratch:

5) I prefer Nadal. My second favourite player might be Tsonga or Nalbandian. There are a few that I like, but those two stick out. I absolutely love Nalbandian's game. It's so fucked up to watch, like witnessing a pig doing ballet.

6) I'll watch women's matches in the Grand Slams. Other than that, it's not something I would actively seek out. I liked Henin's game, but she's fucked off and retired at the age of 25.

Clydey
12-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I will answer any and all questions.

Arend, you can get the ball rolling.

rocketassist
12-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Do you have a preferred football team?

Clydey
12-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Do you have a preferred football team?

I suppose Celtic. I'm more of a supporter of Scottish football in general, though. Grew up a Celtic fan, but I support any Scottish team in Europe and most British teams, too.

rocketassist
12-04-2009, 01:25 PM
I suppose Celtic. I'm more of a supporter of Scottish football in general, though. Grew up a Celtic fan, but I support any Scottish team in Europe and most British teams, too.

You originally from Glasgow and still live there?

Ivanatis
12-04-2009, 01:28 PM
one date free with whoever you want: sportswoman, singer, actress, model...
and one meeting with anybody taking out the romantic aspect: politician, scientist, philosopher etc.
who'd be your picks?

Nathaliia
12-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Do you think you can campaign for ACC and the Highschool Backstabbing Contest at the same time? Why this bump?

Clydey
12-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Do you think you can campaign for ACC and the Highschool Backstabbing Contest at the same time? Why this bump?

Yes, of course you can. Arsen proved last season that you can campaign for both.

I was going through old NT pages trying to find the threads from last year's ACC. Couldn't find them anywhere, but stumbled across my spotlight thread. Felt the urge to bump it.

Clydey
12-04-2009, 01:50 PM
You originally from Glasgow and still live there?

I'm originally fron Inverness, actually. Lived in the highlands until I was 8 and then moved west. I'm like half an hour outside of Glasgow. Raised as a Celtic fan purely because my mum is a Catholic. My dad is a protestant, so there used to be proper fights during old firm games. :lol:

Clydey
12-04-2009, 01:52 PM
one date free with whoever you want: sportswoman, singer, actress, model...
and one meeting with anybody taking out the romantic aspect: politician, scientist, philosopher etc.
who'd be your picks?

I'd probably say a sportswoman for the first one.

The next one is tougher. It would either by the philosopher or the scientist. I know bugger all about politics. I'll take the philosopher.

Ivanatis
12-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Names?

Clydey
12-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Names?

The names of the sportswoman and the philosopher? :scratch:

Ivanatis
12-04-2009, 02:07 PM
or whoever, this question was aiming at names primarily;)

Clydey
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
or whoever, this question was aiming at names primarily;)

Hmmm, let me see.

In that case, I've changed my mind. I'd take out a singer. Alizee, to be specific.

http://www.tourte.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/alizee-bikini-1.jpg

As for the meeting, I think I'd meet up with David Hume.

Sofonda Cox
12-04-2009, 02:59 PM
When was the last time you lived in a house with running water and electricity? (i know things are tough north of the border :hug:)

Also, are you on benefits like most Scots? Or have a job that allows you to post on MTF during the day, most days?

Clydey
12-04-2009, 03:22 PM
When was the last time you lived in a house with running water and electricity? (i know things are tough north of the border :hug:)

Also, are you on benefits like most Scots? Or have a job that allows you to post on MTF during the day, most days?

Every day for me is like the plot of Trainspotting.

Everko
12-04-2009, 03:23 PM
whats with the Murray love?

Sofonda Cox
12-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Every day for me is like the plot of Trainspotting.

That wasn't a true picture of Scottish life, more drugs, alcohol and self-pity was needed. Good film though:D

Jōris
12-04-2009, 08:00 PM
If Naranoc didn't had nice looks, the spotlight threads would have drawn less attention, including from you. Do you agree with this statement tell the truth.

Clydey
12-04-2009, 10:37 PM
whats with the Murray love?

I think he's a tremendous talent. I'd be lying if I said my support had nothing to do with him being Scottish, though. But that's just a small part of it.

I enjoy how he plays the game and, unlike most, I like his fiery attitude on court.

Clydey
12-04-2009, 10:39 PM
If Naranoc didn't had nice looks, the spotlight threads would have drawn less attention, including from you. Do you agree with this statement tell the truth.

I didn't even realise it was Jenni who started these threads. That's certainly not the reason from my end. Maybe other people got into it because they wanted to bang Jenni (understandable).

leng jai
12-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Whose your favourite player?

Clydey
12-04-2009, 10:47 PM
Whose your favourite player?

Alan Mackin.

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/resources/images/274793/?type=display

~*BGT*~
12-05-2009, 04:29 AM
What are some of your best and worst memories from childhood?
Why is British tennis pathetic?
Why does Andy Murray get all the attention when he's brother has already won Wimbledon? :p
Chocolate or vanilla?
Cake or pie?
Cookies or ice cream?
Restrict calories or work out?

MalwareDie
12-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Why do you not believe in climate change based on destructive human activity?

Clydey
12-05-2009, 05:44 AM
Who do you not believe in climate change based on destructive human activity?

I do believe in that. Don't pay any attention to the answer I gave in the climate change thread.

The OP asked what our opinions on climate change are and I said "I'm against it". Wasn't intended to be a serious answer.

MalwareDie
12-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Ok, then.

Clydey
12-05-2009, 05:54 AM
What are some of your best and worst memories from childhood?

I can't really pinpoint any specific memories. I had a great childhood in general. Maybe my burgeoning football career was the major highlight. I had it all ahead of me at that point. Now you've got me all nostalgic. :mad:

Why is British tennis pathetic?

Because people here think that tennis is only played for 2 weeks per year. As soon as Wimbledon is over, people forget that tennis even exists. Hopefully the WTF will remedy that.

Why does Andy Murray get all the attention when he's brother has already won Wimbledon? :p

Probably because Jamie Murray can hardly win a match these days. Also, who really cares about Mixed Doubles? :p

Chocolate or vanilla?

I better say "chocolate" lest I be accused of racism. :D

Cake or pie?

Cake. Ideally. strawberry sponge cake

Cookies or ice cream?

Ice Cream. Pralines and Cream Haagen-Dazs.

Restrict calories or work out?

Restrict calories. I find the gym boring. I'd rather exercise while doing something I enjoy or just watch what I eat.

Action Jackson
12-26-2009, 12:38 AM
- What do you hope to achieve by winning Mr MTF?
- How much of the Murray "oh he's British when doing well, but miserable and dour Scottish git when he loses" syndrome still prevalent?
- What's your view on Alex Salmond and the SNP?
- Why did you give the boxing caper away?
- Do you think Mayweather is scared of Pacquiao?
- Are you as cool as Robert Carlyle?
- Do you wish Arsen would come home?

sammy01
12-26-2009, 12:43 AM
cats or dogs?

Har-Tru
12-26-2009, 12:52 AM
I better say "chocolate" lest I be accused of racism.

Taking out the smiley, sigging it.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 12:58 AM
- What do you hope to achieve by winning Mr MTF?
- How much of the Murray "oh he's British when doing well, but miserable and dour Scottish git when he loses" syndrome still prevalent?
- What's your view on Alex Salmond and the SNP?
- Why did you give the boxing caper away?
- Do you think Mayweather is scared of Pacquiao?
- Are you as cool as Robert Carlyle?
- Do you wish Arsen would come home?

1. Acceptance. Maybe MTF will finally accept me for who I am: a Murray fan with a heart of gold.

2. Not as prevalent as was once the case. He's a polarising figure whether he wins or loses. A lot of people still buy into the whole anti-English thing.

3. I want what's best for Scotland. If that means independence, great. I'm not convinced we'd survive as an independent nation, though. Alex Salmond is a bit of a publicity whore. He's not daft, mind you.

4. I lost interest in the smaller shows, which meant I wasn't keeping up to date with what was going on. Then my sim card was cancelled and I lost all of my boxing contacts. And that was game, set, and match. I didn't even have them backed up.

5. To an extent. I think he's afraid of losing his undefeated record. Pretty sure the match will still happen, though. PBF loves money even more than his legacy.

6. I'm between Carlyle and Connery in terms of coolness.

7. I'd give almost anything to see that boy return home. Breaks my heart. Considering putting his picture on a milk carton, with a missing person's number underneath.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 12:59 AM
cats or dogs?

Dogs.

Cats don't care about you. They're still cute, though.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:00 AM
Taking out the smiley, sigging it.

I'll take any publicity, so feel free to sig it.

Har-Tru
12-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Was gonna do it anyway. :p

sammy01
12-26-2009, 01:03 AM
Dogs.

Cats don't care about you. They're still cute, though.

:sad: guess we just aren't compatible, up to this point our only stumbling block was you being straight, the dog thing is just a step too far.

Har-Tru
12-26-2009, 01:04 AM
Just noticed the little tweak in the title :haha:

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:07 AM
Was gonna do it anyway. :p

Should put BGT's question in there to provide some context. ;)

Har-Tru
12-26-2009, 01:07 AM
wut quesshun?

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
:sad: guess we just aren't compatible, up to this point our only stumbling block was you being straight, the dog thing is just a step too far.

I'm a dog lover. Man's best friend an' all that.

I hear that cats will eat you when you die. A dog will mourn.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:08 AM
wut quesshun?

"Vanilla or chocolate?"

Action Jackson
12-26-2009, 01:12 AM
Interesting answers Clydey.

1. So why would independence not be a good thing for Scotland, besides the fact of reduced oil revenues?

2. What do you think of Brock or Brick Lesnar?

3. Who do you think will win Miss MTF and why?

4. Have you ever been to the Orkneys and Shetland. If not, do you want to visit?

sammy01
12-26-2009, 01:15 AM
come on then clydey, whos gonna win tomorrow you or me?

Har-Tru
12-26-2009, 01:16 AM
oh but it's not so funny then Clyds :cool:

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:18 AM
Interesting answers Clydey.

1. So why would independence not be a good thing for Scotland, besides the fact of reduced oil revenues?

2. What do you think of Brock or Brick Lesnar?

3. Who do you think will win Miss MTF and why?

4. Have you ever been to the Orkneys and Shetland. If not, do you want to visit?

1. I'm not sure. Politics isn't my best area, but I'm not sure our exports are sufficient.

2. Very raw, but his size gives him a huge advantage. He's big, but he has the speed and wrestling ability to go with it. Even Frank Mir couldn't do anything with Brock on top of him earlier this year. Too big.

3. Troickitard. She's very popular and cute. She's acceptable whether you're black or white, republican or democrat. Appeals to all bases.

4. No, I haven't. It's not high on my list of things to do, since I prefer to have a bit of life around me. I do like nice scenery, though. Highlanders are pretty much born with an appreciation for the sights.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:19 AM
oh but it's not so funny then Clyds :cool:

You're supposed to be highlighting my rapier-like wit.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:20 AM
come on then clydey, whos gonna win tomorrow you or me?

You. I'm loved by some, hated by most.

sammy01
12-26-2009, 01:22 AM

nah i think it is better the devil you know and you are much more 'known' on these boards than i am. ;)

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:26 AM
nah i think it is better the devil you know and you are much more 'known' on these boards than i am. ;)

People on MTF only like me at the end of the year, when Murray is out of the picture. :lol:

Action Jackson
12-26-2009, 01:31 AM

Know how that feels.

1. How big do you think MMA will become?

2. What's the worst thing you have ever eaten?

3. Alan Mackin or Mikey. Which is the best thing to come out of Paisley?

savesthedizzle
12-26-2009, 01:34 AM
3. Troickitard. She's very popular and cute. She's acceptable whether you're black or white, republican or democrat. Appeals to all bases.

I just stumbled in here, but this is an awesome answer :worship:

You know, after the PopCon, I was thinking you were one of the people I wish I knew better :shrug: so I'm glad we've run into each other more the last few days at least :yeah:

Anyway, I wanted to ask what the deal is with the whole otter thing? :D If it's too long of a story to explain it, I can accept a non-answer :p

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Know how that feels.

1. How big do you think MMA will become?

2. What's the worst thing you have ever eaten?

3. Alan Mackin or Mikey. Which is the best thing to come out of Paisley?

1. Bigger than boxing. I think it will become one of the biggest sports in the world. The degree to which it has grown in just the last 5 years is staggering. It won't become as big as football, but I doubt there will be many bigger sports on a global scale in 10 or so years.

2. Nothing exotic like kangaroo's testicles. Liver is fucking horrible, though. My taste in food is pretty narrow, so there aren't many things I've tried. But yeah, liver is at the top of the list.

3. You're not pulling your punches with these questions. Mikey or Mackin? Jesus...

I'm gonna go with Mikey, by a nut hair. Mikey is all class.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:41 AM
I just stumbled in here, but this is an awesome answer :worship:

You know, after the PopCon, I was thinking you were one of the people I wish I knew better :shrug: so I'm glad we've run into each other more the last few days at least :yeah:

Me too. :hatoff:

Anyway, I wanted to ask what the deal is with the whole otter thing? :D If it's too long of a story to explain it, I can accept a non-answer :p

I don't know. I love anything cute and furry. It's my kryptonite. And then Snoo Foo started torturing me by posting cute otter pictures during the off-season. So to secure the cute vote, I decided to put otters in my sig. I added a massive pink cock to the equation in order to snag the gay vote, too.

savesthedizzle
12-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Me too. :hatoff:

I don't know. I love anything cute and furry. It's my kryptonite. And then Snoo Foo started torturing me by posting cute otter pictures during the off-season. So to secure the cute vote, I decided to put otters in my sig. I added a massive pink cock to the equation in order to snag the gay vote, too.[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I always wondered because otters are my favorite animal, which people always think is a little strange :lol: and I've seen you and Snoo posting otters to each other, and while it kind of disturbs me to see the cute little otter with a giant pink penis, I do understand the reasoning :p

Action Jackson
12-26-2009, 01:47 AM
Well Clydey these questions needed to be asked and yes fuck liver that is shit is horrible.

Good answer to the Miss MTF question.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Ahhh, I always wondered because otters are my favorite animal, which people always think is a little strange :lol: and I've seen you and Snoo posting otters to each other, and while it kind of disturbs me to see the cute little otter with a giant pink penis, I do understand the reasoning :p

Otters are adorable. The penis may lose me some voters, though.

Check this out.

is1fijPqaB0

Clydey
12-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Well Clydey these questions needed to be asked and yes fuck liver that is shit is horrible.

Good answer to the Miss MTF question.

Thank you for taking the time to bump this thread. Good exposure for me before tomorrow's match.

Action Jackson
12-26-2009, 01:55 AM
1. Do you think some people on GM like to wind you up about Murray, even if they don't believe what they typed?

2. What are your pet hates?

savesthedizzle
12-26-2009, 02:01 AM
Otters are adorable. The penis may lose me some voters, though.

Check this out.

is1fijPqaB0

Oh. my. gosh. that is the most adorable thing ever. Otters :worship:

Clydey
12-26-2009, 02:03 AM
1. Do you think some people on GM like to wind you up about Murray, even if they don't believe what they typed?

2. What are your pet hates?

1. Maybe. I'm pretty aware of when I'm being wound up, even though I can't help but respond. You can usually tell when someone is just trolling. They don't get wound up themselves.

2. People who are unreliable. I make a point of being reliable. If I tell someone I'm going to be somewhere or do something, it'll take something extraordinary for me to let them down. I expect the same in return and get frustrated when I don't get it.

I also become extremely frustrated with people who are immune to reason. As the old saying goes, I don't suffer fools gladly.

Henry Chinaski
12-26-2009, 05:26 AM
are you content with your insomnia or have you sought professional advice?

do you see it becoming a problem in the future as you become a proper adult or do you think you could adjust your sleep patterns to the 9-5 life if you had to?

describe your johnson in one word.

if the current ATP top 20 were involved in a Royal Rumble who would win? (detailed answer as possible)

what if anything can the ATP learn from the UFC?

Clydey
12-26-2009, 05:36 AM
are you content with your insomnia or have you sought professional advice?

do you see it becoming a problem in the future as you become a proper adult or do you think you could adjust your sleep patterns to the 9-5 life if you had to?

describe your johnson in one word.

if the current ATP top 20 were involved in a Royal Rumble who would win? (detailed answer as possible)

what if anything can the ATP learn from the UFC?

1. I'm content with it. It's not real insomnia. It's more like self-imposed insomnia. I could probably sleep if I wanted to, but I enjoy staying up all ight.

2. It's not a problem. I've had 9-5 jobs before. I can adjust easily enough. That said, it shouldn't become an issue if things go according to plan. Ideally, I'd like to find a job that allows me to work from home.

3. Breathtaking.

4. Tsonga. He's 200lbs of pure muscle. The only player he'd have a problem with would be Murray, because of his thick legs. He'd clean house with the rest of them. Then again, you have to factor in tactics. The players may team up on Tsonga and get him out of there early. Hard to say really. Ferrer's a sneaky sort. I can imagine him staying under the radar, like a Ric Flair type character, and then backstabbing a few people.

5. I'm not sure the UFC is doing anything that the ATP isn't. It's more to do with the product, I guess. It was the reality show that turned things around for the UFC. I wonder what something like that could do for tennis.

~*BGT*~
12-26-2009, 05:37 AM
BTW, I don't let anyone refer to me as chocolate or caramel or any other sweet ice cream topping. But I'll make an exception for you :p

Clydey
12-26-2009, 05:40 AM
BTW, I don't let anyone refer to me as chocolate or caramel or any other sweet ice cream topping. But I'll make an exception for you :p

I appreciate your allowing me to be the exception. Personally, I thought "sexual chocolate" was a nice compliment.

Dini
12-26-2009, 05:43 AM
My brother is serious about getting his 2 year old son into UFC in the future. I'm really worried for my nephew. :unsure:

Anyway, that wasn't a question, more like a statement of despair. :hysteric:

I remember once you mentioning that you liked Justine Henin. How far do you think she'd go next year at the AO considering she isn't seeded?

Who will you be supporting at the World Cup next year?

Floyd Mayweather vs Pacquiao, WWW?

How was your Christmas this year (basically yesterday :lol:)?

Ignore the questions that have been asked before.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 05:56 AM
My brother is serious about getting his 2 year old son into UFC in the future. I'm really worried for my nephew. :unsure:

Anyway, that wasn't a question, more like a statement of despair.

Into the UFC as a fighter or a fan? There are a lot of misconceptions about the UFC. Probably the most common misconception is that it's more dangerous than boxing. In reality, it's a lot safer. There has never been a death or serious injury in the UFC, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I remember once you mentioning that you liked Justine Henin. How far do you think she'd go next year at the AO considering she isn't seeded?

I'm not sure. Depends on match sharpness and her schedule leading up to the AO, I suppose. If she comes back in a similar fashion to Clijsters, she could win it.

Who will you be supporting at the World Cup next year?

Undecided. Probably whichever team I bet on. :lol: If you're asking whether I'll be supporting England, all I can say is that I won't be rooting against them. I'll have to see what happens. I go into these major tournaments with the intention of supporting England, but then the commentators gradually beat me into indifference.

Floyd Mayweather vs Pacquiao, WWW?

Pacquiao.

He's possibly just as fast as Mayweather, but he hits much harder. Manny can take Floyd's shots, but I don't think the reverse is true. As good as PBF's defence is, over the course of 12 rounds Pacquiao is going to catch him.

How was your Christmas this year?

Pretty quiet. Just had dinner with my parents and a couple of drinks. I received most of my gifts prior to Christmas day.

How was yours?

Henry Chinaski
12-26-2009, 06:01 AM
1. I'm content with it. It's not real insomnia. It's more like self-imposed insomnia. I could probably sleep if I wanted to, but I enjoy staying up all ight.

2. It's not a problem. I've had 9-5 jobs before. I can adjust easily enough. That said, it shouldn't become an issue if things go according to plan. Ideally, I'd like to find a job that allows me to work from home.

3. Breathtaking.

4. Tsonga. He's 200lbs of pure muscle. The only player he'd have a problem with would be Murray, because of his thick legs. He'd clean house with the rest of them. Then again, you have to factor in tactics. The players may team up on Tsonga and get him out of there early. Hard to say really. Ferrer's a sneaky sort. I can imagine him staying under the radar, like a Ric Flair type character, and then backstabbing a few people.

5. I'm not sure the UFC is doing anything that the ATP isn't. It's more to do with the product, I guess. It was the reality show that turned things around for the UFC. I wonder what something like that could do for tennis.

haha, I'm laughing out loud at the idea of Ric "Pics" Flair.

For the last question, I was thinking they could learn something from the way the UFC markets their fighters and gets their "back stories" across to the public. The popularity of several foreign MMA fighters in the US seems to disprove the notion that American sports fans are insular. A decent behind the scenes show made by a talented production staff would go a long way I reckon. ATP Uncovered is simply awful. The way the UFC presenters and commentators have become important personalities in their own right is impressive too. The ATP could find a way to utilise its Goodalls and Flemings on a more global scale.

Anyway, bed time. Good to hear you're a casual insomniac and not a complete lunatic. Night....

sammy01
12-26-2009, 06:04 AM
which 3 MTF posters would you most like to meet?

if you could bring back 1 t.v show for one more season thats no longer on what would it be?

do you have a middle name?

are you where you want to be in life?

Clydey
12-26-2009, 06:08 AM
haha, I'm laughing out loud at the idea of Ric "Pics" Flair.

Trying to imagine him doing the Flair strut and then shouting "WOOOOOOO!"

For the last question, I was thinking they could learn something from the way the UFC markets their fighters and gets their "back stories" across to the public. The popularity of several foreign MMA fighters in the US seems to disprove the notion that American sports fans are insular. A decent behind the scenes show made by a talented production staff would go a long way I reckon. ATP Uncovered is simply awful. The way the UFC presenters and commentators have become important personalities in their own right is impressive too. The ATP could find a way to utilise its Goodalls and Flemings on a more global scale.

That's what I mean about a reality show. Say what you like about them, but The Ultimate Fighter almost singlehandedly turned the UFC around. Dana White says so himself. The ATP could do with a show like that. Something that would engage the general public.

Anyway, bed time. Good to hear you're a casual insomniac and not a complete lunatic. Night....

Nah, mate. I'm pretty sane. There's just something about the early hours of the morning that I enjoy. I think it's the quiet. I like being up and about while everyone around me is asleep.

G'night.

Dini
12-26-2009, 06:12 AM
Into the UFC as a fighter or a fan? There are a lot of misconceptions about the UFC. Probably the most common misconception is that it's more dangerous than boxing. In reality, it's a lot safer. There has never been a death or serious injury in the UFC, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

He's a massive fan, stays up watching the matches and puts alarm clocks on to catch it - that sort of commitment. But he's an ex-boxer also though a bit of a failure at that. I used to go and watch him get knocked out after 20 seconds more often than not. :sad: But he's crazy about the sport and has forced me to watch a few fights too; he's really passionate about rooting against Amir Khan... :lol: He got really fired up when he got KOd for the first time, I had never seen him that happy. :o His hero is Roy Jones Jr.

I'm not sure. Depends on match sharpness and her schedule leading up to the AO, I suppose. If she comes back in a similar fashion to Clijsters, she could win it.

I watched a few of her exo matches this month. She wasn't serving so well but her forehand was on fire. Backhand a little inconsistent.

Undecided. Probably whichever team I bet on. :lol: If you're asking whether I'll be supporting England, all I can say is that I won't be rooting against them. I'll have to see what happens. I go into these major tournaments with the intention of supporting England, but then the commentators gradually beat me into indifference.

I didn't ask that. :p

Yes commentators are awful.

Pacquiao.

He's possibly just as fast as Mayweather, but he hits much harder. Manny can take Floyd's shots, but I don't think the reverse is true. As good as PBF's defence is, over the course of 12 rounds Pacquiao is going to catch him.

I'd like to see it happen.

Pretty quiet. Just had dinner with my parents and a couple of drinks. I received most of my gifts prior to Christmas day.

How was yours?

Nice. :]

Mine was very rubbish - uneventful with mum away and brother partying. :lol: I managed to get a lot of studying done because I had nothing better to do. Watched the Incredibles and the Queen's message on TV :tape: (her poshness never ceases to amaze me).

OK a different kind of question: are you a romantic guy?

Clydey
12-26-2009, 06:16 AM
which 3 MTF posters would you most like to meet?

Too many to mention. I have a terrible conscience, so if I left someone out I'd be crippled with guilt.

if you could bring back 1 t.v show for one more season thats no longer on what would it be?

Seinfeld.

do you have a middle name?

Alexander.

James Alexander MacDonald.

are you where you want to be in life?

I would say that I'm content with where I am, but ideally I wouldn't have wasted time on courses I later discovered I had no real interest in. I'm 2 or 3 years behind schedule as a result. I'd prefer to be pursuing a doctorate right now, as opposed to a Masters degree.

I love my life, so I can't really complain. I have plenty of things I could complain about, but I'm pretty good at reasoning my way out of brief periods of depression. I have too much going for me to allow myself to get down.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 06:26 AM
He's a massive fan, stays up watching the matches and puts alarm clocks on to catch it - that sort of commitment. But he's an ex-boxer also though a bit of a failure at that. I used to go and watch him get knocked out after 20 seconds more often than not. :sad: But he's crazy about the sport and has forced me to watch a few fights too; he's really passionate about rooting against Amir Khan... :lol: He got really fired up when he got KOd for the first time, I had never seen him that happy. :o His hero is Roy Jones Jr.

His hero is RJJ? He must have been gutted when he got knocked out a few weeks ago. I went off Jones when I found out he was into dog fighting.

I stay up to watch the fights, too. Big boxing and UFC fan. Probably a bigger fan of UFC than boxing these days, though.

I watched a few of her exo matches this month. She wasn't serving so well but her forehand was on fire. Backhand a little inconsistent.

Hopefully she can play her way into the draw. She brings something different to the women's game.

I'd like to see it happen.

Too much money to be made for it not to happen, I reckon.

OK a different kind of question: are you a romantic guy?

It depends on how you define "romantic". I don't make grand romantic gestures, but I am a gentleman, even if I do say so myself. I pay for everything, hold doors open, stand on the outside if we're walking together. I find cheesy romantic gestures cringe-inducing, though. I think they can be a bit empty and doing them too often renders them meaningless.

What is your definition of a romantic guy?

sammy01
12-26-2009, 06:33 AM
It depends on how you define "romantic". I don't make grand romantic gestures, but I am a gentleman, even if I do say so myself. I pay for everything, hold doors open, stand on the outside if we're walking together. I find cheesy romantic gestures cringe-inducing, though. I think they can be a bit empty and doing them too often renders them meaningless.

see thats sweet, youed deffinately get me in the sack lol. with romance it isn't the big things that count, it is the little gestures, sweet random txts, cuddling up with a dvd, cooking something for them after a hard days work. money and presents are ok but it is the small things that give you a momentary flutter of the heart or a warm feeling that counts.

Clydey
12-26-2009, 06:36 AM
see thats sweet, youed deffinately get me in the sack lol. with romance it isn't the big things that count, it is the little gestures, sweet random txts, cuddling up with a dvd, cooking something for them after a hard days work. money and presents are ok but it is the small things that give you a momentary flutter of the heart or a warm feeling that counts.

Precisely. I'm very affectionate, too. Touchy-feely to a fault.

sammy01
12-26-2009, 06:38 AM
Precisely. I'm very affectionate, too. Touchy-feely to a fault.

i think im getting a forum crush on you :angel::p

Clydey
12-26-2009, 06:40 AM
i think im getting a forum crush on you :angel::p

sammy01
12-26-2009, 06:42 AM
anything to take my mind off my crush on the married guy i know, it is getting stupid now im using any excuse to see him, txt him ect. it is so bad i saw xmas as a great chance to slip a kiss on the end of a happy xmas txt to him today lmao.

Dini
12-26-2009, 06:47 AM
His hero is RJJ? He must have been gutted when he got knocked out a few weeks ago. I went off Jones when I found out he was into dog fighting.

I stay up to watch the fights, too. Big boxing and UFC fan. Probably a bigger fan of UFC than boxing these days, though.

I don't know about the one a few weeks ago but he was depressed, literally, after Jones lost to Calzaghe.

Not shocked about the dog fighting unfortunately.

Too much money to be made for it not to happen, I reckon.

Apparently it's not happening because Pacquiao is suing Mayweather for some doping allegations? :unsure:

A romantic guy in my book would be a guy who feels for his woman. It's not really all about the pampering, it's more about the small things that mean a lot that money can't buy. It could be about giving that special glance, knowing what she likes and dislikes -- as opposed to being oblivious to it -- and then treating her accordingly. Gestures are nice too, like remembering her birthday. Knowing when she is upset and wanting to be there for her... those little delicate things.

Edit: What Sammy said too. We're on the same wavelength. :lol:

~*BGT*~
12-26-2009, 12:09 PM

I appreciate your allowing me to be the exception. Personally, I thought "sexual chocolate" was a nice compliment.

If you wanna refer to me as any ice cream topping, let it be cherry... because I still have one :p

Clydey
12-26-2009, 10:05 PM
If you wanna refer to me as any ice cream topping, let it be cherry... because I still have one :p

I'd never have guessed you were so innocent and pure. :lol:

DrJules
12-26-2009, 11:07 PM
1) Who do you feel are the 5 Scottish people who have made the biggest world wide impact.
2) Which year and at which grand slam do you think Murray will break his duck.
3) Why do you think Murray seems to be so unpopular on MTF (looks like winning the GeorgeWHitler thread for 2009).
4) Do you think you will relocate like Adam (adee gee) to England and like so many others from Scotland.
5) Do you own any pets such as otters.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 03:02 AM
1) Who do you feel are the 5 Scottish people who have made the biggest world wide impact.
2) Which year and at which grand slam do you think Murray will break his duck.
3) Why do you think Murray seems to be so unpopular on MTF (looks like winning the GeorgeWHitler thread for 2009).
4) Do you think you will relocate like Adam (adee gee) to England and like so many others from Scotland.
5) Do you own any pets such as otters.

1. David Hume, Adam Smith, Alexander Graham Bell, Alexander Fleming, and John Logie Baird.

Off the top of my head, those 5 have had the most enduring impact on the world. Ask me tomorrow and I might have a different answer.

2. Your question presupposes that I think Murray will win a major. I'm not convinced that he will. I'm a pessimist by nature, so I'll believe he can win one when he actually wins one. His best chance will always be at the Hardcourt majors, obviously.

3. His personality and his style of play. People make the mistake of thinking that he is the same off court as he is on court. Also, he is a reactive player. Fans tends to favour proactive players.

4. Doubtful. I love living in Scotland too much. Also, I have no desire to move away from my parents. My time with them is limited, so I plan to be close to them for as long as nature will permit.

5. I wish. It's the only thing I've ever wanted for. The closest I've come was when I owned a guinea pig. She was cute as hell, but guinea pigs do not compare to otters.

Nolby
12-27-2009, 03:07 AM
It looks like you and Sammy are in a dead heat contest. Have there been any live score updates in the last 6 hours or so?

Clydey
12-27-2009, 03:13 AM
It looks like you and Sammy are in a dead heat contest. Have there been any live score updates in the last 6 hours or so?

I think Sammy is still ahead. Hopefully Nathii and MsTree (she's voting for whomever's losing) will bring me level. ;)

I've still to vote, though, so that's another vote for Sammy.

sammy01
12-27-2009, 03:19 AM
oh clydey what a shameless sig now lol

Nolby
12-27-2009, 03:28 AM
I think Sammy is still ahead. Hopefully Nathii and MsTree (she's voting for whomever's losing) will bring me level. ;)

I've still to vote, though, so that's another vote for Sammy.

It looks like from reading this thread you two are good friends. Tough match for both of you. Classy of you. Sam seems like a great guy too. I guess none of this matters...

I think MTF member Krystle (Krystle Lee) writes some of the best Tennis articles I've read. Her blog is Tennis Brain and I'd like to hear your views on her article:

What does Andy Murray need to do to make that next step in a Grand Slam? (http://www.tennis-brain.com/2009/10/what-does-andy-murray-need-to-do-to.html)

http://www.tennis-brain.com/search/label/Andy%20Murray

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U67Mtoilh-o/Ssav02CR6YI/AAAAAAAAATE/-QvvPcaml8E/s1600/murray4.jpg
It would be unfair to call Andy Murray’s successful 2009 season as a sophomore slump. In a way, it’s a reference to the mindset that changes, Murray’s second successful year as a solidified top player on tour, and it can be draining mentally. Adrenaline doesn’t last forever, and every peak levels out eventually, whether due to increasing expectations or declining play.

It’s a common observation in tennis, young players finding their forms and suddenly feeling like they’re on top of the world. They’ve barely started their careers and they’re already close to the top of the rankings. It’s not like Andy Murray first started his pro career, but his meteoric rise began in the US hardcourt season last year, highlighted by a US Open final appearance.

He’s had good results in 2009, but his Grand Slam results have left a lot to be desired not living up to the results from the Masters events. Tennis is a confidence sport, and somehow staying on an even plateau can result in a lack of inspiration, the feeling of being stagnant despite all efforts to move a career forward on and off the court.

Playing well requires a certain spark, a surge of interest and energy to play attacking and athletic tennis. Big events such as Grand Slams require this in spades, as witnessed by runs from Fernando Gonzalez, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Robin Soderling in previous years. Murray has it inside of him in case he needs it, but he needs to believe that he needs to use it. Murray is one of those players that will use just as much as he needs, and that has been his biggest downfall.

Is it a sign of cockiness, preference or inability to read other people’s full potential? I think, it is a combination of all three. As much as Murray is a thoughtful player, he is also a reactive player often bogged down into using too many deft slices and rolled over shots to the point where he is more entertaining himself than getting the job done in the best way possible. Ultimately if he is being outplayed, he will still believe in his ability to fight through a match without feeling a drastic change is needed, like the Montreal final against Juan Martin Del Potro. It’s the type of stubbornness that can often be seen with the best players.

Considering that Murray has the ability to drastically change the patterns of play, he doesn’t often make noticeable changes within a match, usually minor at best. His style of play is more varied in between matches, from one opponent to the next. His way of being aggressive in recent times has been more like hitting a panic button, trying to hit the ball harder rather than structuring a more aggressive point, like in his Wimbledon match against Andy Roddick.

He very rarely plays a statement match these days, those matches that send out signs to the rest of the locker room, to watch out. He’s not an intimidating figure, but rather a confusing player to play against at the best of times. The best way to beat him is to not get sucked into it, keep it simple and straightforward, patient target tennis like Cilic showed at the US Open. Forget about his athleticism because he can’t hurt you if he’s too much on the defensive.

As much as taking the long way round can be a sight for sore eyes, it’s obviously silly to take the longer route when you can take the shorter one. That’s something Juan Martin Del Potro showed loud and clear in the US Open final. If you can hit a winner into the open court, then do it. I suspect the problem is that Murray has not yet fully mastered how to control his faster paced balls.

What makes the best players in the world where they are, is generally that they don’t allow their opponents to have success even on their good days. They don’t play down their level noticeably, but they still keep that margin of error. Building up an opponent’s confidence is a dangerous thing, and I always feel that Murray is on the borderline to flirting with disaster.

He needs to get it ingrained in his head that anyone is capable of having a good ball-striking day, and treat every dangerous player as if they’re capable of Rafael Nadal-like consistency. It may not be true, but who would have thought that Robin Soderling would have made the French Open final?

~*BGT*~
12-27-2009, 04:11 AM
I'd never have guessed you were so innocent and pure. :lol:

:lick:

Action Jackson
12-27-2009, 09:13 AM
1. What's the worst place you have ever been to and will never return?

2. Would you actually vote on a referendum on Scottish independence if it was held?

3. When are you going to be at Wimbledon so it gives me a reason to watch the event?

4. What's your view on the decline of Gaelic and can it to get a point where the language is taught in schools and people can speak it and not just pass an exam?

5. Why do you think so many shows wear out their welcome and don't finish at a high point?

Clydey
12-27-2009, 09:28 AM
1. What's the worst place you have ever been to and will never return?

2. Would you actually vote on a referendum on Scottish independence if it was held?

3. When are you going to be at Wimbledon so it gives me a reason to watch the event?

4. What's your view on the decline of Gaelic and can it to get a point where the language is taught in schools and people can speak it and not just pass an exam?

5. Why do you think so many shows wear out their welcome and don't finish at a high point?

1. I'm not well travelled, so I don't have many places to choose from. I have bad memories of going to Devizes, which is near Swindon. I used to travel 12 hours on a bus to see my girlfriend for a weekend, and then 2 days later I would travel for 12 hours back home. I was invariably stuck sitting next to some fat bloke with a BO problem. I already get travel sickness without having to deal with some dude's sweaty armpits. The idea of going through that again makes me queasy.

There was a place in France that was pretty bad, too. I went there when I was 12 with the altar boys (yeah, I was a servant of Christ before I was an atheist). The place we were staying in was infested with ants and we didn't have toilets. We just had a hole in the ground.

2. I don't know. I'd be lying if I said I held an educated opinion. I know nothing about politics, so I would have to educate myself on the ins and outs before I voted. You seem to have a keen interest in the subject and probably know a lot more than I do. What are your thoughts?

3. As soon as I can find someone who is willing to go with me. The people I know aren't tennis nuts. My best friend is a bit of a tennis enthusiast and took in the Nadal-Verdasco match when he was in Australia. I don't know if he would travel specifically to watch tennis, though. I'd be all over it if an event came to the SECC in Glasgow.

4. It's a shame that it's dying out. I don't see it as having a great future, though. I think it will remain in specific parts of Scotland, but I can't see it making a comeback nationwide. People just don't view learning it as being practical.

5. Because the networks try to squeeze every last drop out of them. As long as they can make money off of a show, they will. It doesn't matter if the quality suffers. Either that or the creators have trouble letting go. Gervais and Merchant got it right with The Office and Extras.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 09:31 AM
It looks like from reading this thread you two are good friends. Tough match for both of you. Classy of you. Sam seems like a great guy too. I guess none of this matters...

I think MTF member Krystle (Krystle Lee) writes some of the best Tennis articles I've read. Her blog is Tennis Brain and I'd like to hear your views on her article:

What does Andy Murray need to do to make that next step in a Grand Slam? (http://www.tennis-brain.com/2009/10/what-does-andy-murray-need-to-do-to.html)

http://www.tennis-brain.com/search/label/Andy%20Murray

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_U67Mtoilh-o/Ssav02CR6YI/AAAAAAAAATE/-QvvPcaml8E/s1600/murray4.jpg
It would be unfair to call Andy Murray’s successful 2009 season as a sophomore slump. In a way, it’s a reference to the mindset that changes, Murray’s second successful year as a solidified top player on tour, and it can be draining mentally. Adrenaline doesn’t last forever, and every peak levels out eventually, whether due to increasing expectations or declining play.

It’s a common observation in tennis, young players finding their forms and suddenly feeling like they’re on top of the world. They’ve barely started their careers and they’re already close to the top of the rankings. It’s not like Andy Murray first started his pro career, but his meteoric rise began in the US hardcourt season last year, highlighted by a US Open final appearance.

He’s had good results in 2009, but his Grand Slam results have left a lot to be desired not living up to the results from the Masters events. Tennis is a confidence sport, and somehow staying on an even plateau can result in a lack of inspiration, the feeling of being stagnant despite all efforts to move a career forward on and off the court.

Playing well requires a certain spark, a surge of interest and energy to play attacking and athletic tennis. Big events such as Grand Slams require this in spades, as witnessed by runs from Fernando Gonzalez, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Robin Soderling in previous years. Murray has it inside of him in case he needs it, but he needs to believe that he needs to use it. Murray is one of those players that will use just as much as he needs, and that has been his biggest downfall.

Is it a sign of cockiness, preference or inability to read other people’s full potential? I think, it is a combination of all three. As much as Murray is a thoughtful player, he is also a reactive player often bogged down into using too many deft slices and rolled over shots to the point where he is more entertaining himself than getting the job done in the best way possible. Ultimately if he is being outplayed, he will still believe in his ability to fight through a match without feeling a drastic change is needed, like the Montreal final against Juan Martin Del Potro. It’s the type of stubbornness that can often be seen with the best players.

Considering that Murray has the ability to drastically change the patterns of play, he doesn’t often make noticeable changes within a match, usually minor at best. His style of play is more varied in between matches, from one opponent to the next. His way of being aggressive in recent times has been more like hitting a panic button, trying to hit the ball harder rather than structuring a more aggressive point, like in his Wimbledon match against Andy Roddick.

He very rarely plays a statement match these days, those matches that send out signs to the rest of the locker room, to watch out. He’s not an intimidating figure, but rather a confusing player to play against at the best of times. The best way to beat him is to not get sucked into it, keep it simple and straightforward, patient target tennis like Cilic showed at the US Open. Forget about his athleticism because he can’t hurt you if he’s too much on the defensive.

As much as taking the long way round can be a sight for sore eyes, it’s obviously silly to take the longer route when you can take the shorter one. That’s something Juan Martin Del Potro showed loud and clear in the US Open final. If you can hit a winner into the open court, then do it. I suspect the problem is that Murray has not yet fully mastered how to control his faster paced balls.

What makes the best players in the world where they are, is generally that they don’t allow their opponents to have success even on their good days. They don’t play down their level noticeably, but they still keep that margin of error. Building up an opponent’s confidence is a dangerous thing, and I always feel that Murray is on the borderline to flirting with disaster.

He needs to get it ingrained in his head that anyone is capable of having a good ball-striking day, and treat every dangerous player as if they’re capable of Rafael Nadal-like consistency. It may not be true, but who would have thought that Robin Soderling would have made the French Open final?

Yeah, Krystlel writes some good stuff. Nice girl too. Hasn't been around too much lately, though. Last time I saw her she was posting in the depression thread.

Action Jackson
12-27-2009, 09:38 AM
Good answers to the questions, as for the independence thing, well I am not the best person to ask. As I don't live in Scotland anymore and I have a very sceptical view of them even more than the average.

1. Did your experience as an altar boy help you form your views on religion?

2. Why do you think I am not getting asked too many questions in my Spotlight Thread? hehe

Clydey
12-27-2009, 09:51 AM
Good answers to the questions, as for the independence thing, well I am not the best person to ask. As I don't live in Scotland anymore and I have a very sceptical view of them even more than the average.

1. Did your experience as an altar boy help you form your views on religion?

2. Why do you think I am not getting asked too many questions in my Spotlight Thread? hehe

1. I don't think it had any impact one way or the other. I got into it because my friends were joining up. I've doubted the notion of a God ever since I can remember. I think I put up with going to mass because of my mum, but I decided to be honest with her as I became more passionate about my disbelief.

2. You're too intimidating.

Actually, I hadn't noticed that you weren't getting many questions. My Spotlight thread was dead until you revived it. It might have something to do with people showing an interest in people who are currently competing in the contests.

Stensland
12-27-2009, 09:58 AM
why do you think dead pan humour such a british character trait? i find myself literally laughing out loud when i read some of your posts, the same goes for people like buddyholly and several other brits on mtf. no other country appears to come up with anything even remotely close. what is it with you guys?

Clydey
12-27-2009, 10:07 AM
why do you think dead pan humour such a british character trait? i find myself literally laughing out loud when i read some of your posts, the same goes for people like buddyholly and several other brits on mtf. no other country appears to come up with anything even remotely close. what is it with you guys?

I don't know. I just find posts funnier when they aren't punctuated with a smiley. There's something to do be said for dry, subtle humour. I don't like to tag a smiley onto the end of my posts in order to indicate that I'm joking. I get more satisfaction out of people picking up on the humour without me having to point it out to them. It sometimes gets me into trouble, though. A lot of people complain on other forums because they can't tell when I'm joking.

I'm not sure it's necessarily British trait. Maybe it's just a coincidence that some of the British posters on here have a dry sense of humour. Posters like leng jai and fast_clay are pretty dry, too. I'm glad you get a kick out of my posts, though. ;) (a rare smiley just for you).

Dini
12-27-2009, 10:09 AM
What's your favourite Rocky movie? Has this been asked 10 times before? :lol: Haven't checked all the pages of this thread yet.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 10:14 AM
What's your favourite Rocky movie? Has this been asked 10 times before? :lol: Haven't checked all the pages of this thread yet.

No, I think that's a new one.

Tough question. A lot of people go for Rocky 3, but for me it's between Rocky 1 and Rocky 2. Rocky 1 is just a brilliant movie. Rocky 4 is brilliant for other reasons. It just sums up the 80s. The boxers are oiled up like bodybuilders, Rocky defeats communism, and then there's the heartbreak of Apollo Creed's death (RIP).

Overall, I don't think you can beat Rocky 4. It's just pure 80s cheese and it has one of the best soundtracks of all time. We used to put on the Rocky soundtrack before we would head into Glasgow for a night out. Nothing gets you more pumped up than the sweet sounds of Survivor.

Stensland
12-27-2009, 10:15 AM
I'm not sure it's necessarily British trait. Maybe it's just a coincidence that some of the British posters on here have a dry sense of humour. Posters like leng jai and fast_clay are pretty dry, too.

yeah, i should've included australians (ex south european immigrants). well, they're basically just brits with a tan. ;)

i don't think it's a coincidence. ricky gervais would never have come out of germany, the u.s. or italy. he's as british as it gets. the same goes for lots of other comedians or comedic actors. there's something about those isles (i'm including the irish).

who's your favorite comedian?

Dini
12-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Was Rocky 6 necessary in your opinion?

Clydey
12-27-2009, 10:19 AM
yeah, i should've included australians (ex south european immigrants). well, they're basically just brits with a tan. ;)

i don't think it's a coincidence. ricky gervais would never have come out of germany, the u.s. or italy. he's as british as it gets. the same goes for lots of other comedians or comedic actors. there's something about those isles (i'm including the irish).

who's your favorite comedian?

You mean standup comedian? Early Billy Connolly is very funny. I'm not a huge fan of standup comedy in general, but I find myself cracking up at some of Ricky Gervais' standup. I think he's a natural comedian. He has great timing. Pretty amazing when you consider that he started out as a singer, then a manager, and then a radio DJ. It's almost a shame that his talent for comedy wasn't discovered until he was nearly 40.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Was Rocky 6 necessary in your opinion?

Not necessary, but it was good for what it was. It was a proper goodbye after the turd that was Rocky 5.

Action Jackson
12-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Deadpan is the way to go Clydey.

Dini
12-27-2009, 10:49 AM
A few more questions,

1) What did you want to be when you were a child - "When I grow up I want to..." :p

2) Who did you like before Murray came to the scene? And who will you give your hardcore support to if he comes out in a press conference tomorrow saying he's retiring from the sport?

3) Djokovic or Nadal? Why?

4) Does Nessie exist?

5) What's the greatest invention of the 20th century?

Clydey
12-27-2009, 11:24 PM
I just gave some in depth answers to the above questions. Twice. There's a problem with my laptop, though. On occasion, it will inexplicably go back a page when I run my finger across the touchpad, and I end up losing everything I've written. I hope you don't mind me giving shorter answers.

1. A vet. I love animals and wanted to be a vet for years. I was too lazy to put in the work, though.

2. Agassi.

Not sure who I'll support. I'm a tennis fan first and foremost, so I'll enjoy matches without becoming emotionally invested in their outcome.

3. I go through periods of liking both for different reasons. Sometimes I like Nadal and sometimes I like Djokovic. Tough for me to choose a clear favourite.

4. I'm Nessie. That was my nickname at school. I moved down to the west of Scotland from Inverness, so people started calling me Nessie.

But no, the Loch Ness Monster doesn't exist. Would be sweet if it did, mind you. ;)

5. The Internet. It has to be, really. It was revolutionary.

Clydey
12-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Deadpan is the way to go Clydey.

I'm all about the deadpan humour. I enjoy giving ironic replies and waiting to see if people pick up on the irony.

Kitty de Sade
12-27-2009, 11:30 PM
1) Assuming you wouldn't be prosecuted- In your opinion, which professional athlete deserves a hearty smack in the mouth and why?

2) Any regrets so far?

3) Situation: You are magically transformed into a woman for a period of 24 hours. How would you spend that time?

4) How great is the divide between the real-time you and the virtual version?

5) Which actor (or actress) should play you in a biopic?

sammy01
12-27-2009, 11:39 PM
not a question, just want people to know that even though clydey lost in a tight match to me yesterday he still had class and voted for me today, good man.

anyway my question what cheesey song cant you help but love?