Prediction: Rafael Nadal will not win RG in 2009- Discuss [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Prediction: Rafael Nadal will not win RG in 2009- Discuss

tennizen
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I think Nadal will be defeated in the early rounds of RG next year:)

Give your opinions:)

Thanos
12-02-2008, 10:36 PM
yep the rise of coria will occur ;):p

elessar
12-02-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree.
He'll probably lose 2nd or 3rd to Djokovic. Maybe Roger.

tennizen
12-02-2008, 10:39 PM
I agree.

He cannot lose to them:wavey: He can only meet them in SF:rolleyes:

wildegirl05
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
this is the fear that haunts me day and night :sobbing: are there any tards who have suggestions that fans can do to prevent this from happening? :awww:

all forms of ritual sacrifice/prayers will be entertained as possibilities :dance:

elessar
12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Roger and Nole may not be the nr 2 and 3 seeds by the time RG starts :wavey:

tennizen
12-02-2008, 10:44 PM
this is the fear that haunts me day and night :sobbing: are there any tards who have suggestions that fans can do to prevent this from happening? :awww:

all forms of ritual sacrifice/prayers will be entertained as possibilities :dance:

How can fans prevent it:confused: At best they can pray for no injury. I am thinking that someone better than him on clay will beat him.

Roger and Nole may not be the nr 2 and 3 seeds by the time RG starts :wavey:

I agree about Roger but I think Nole will be #2 or maybe #3.

tennizen
12-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Gaudio is planning his comeback. If they meet early, expect Nadal to get rolled in straights.

Gaudio has a clay hattrick on Nadal already. I feel #4. :D

Finally a sensible response. I think this is possible too:)

l_mac
12-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I think this is unlikely unless he is injured. His level on clay is far above everyone else on tour.

wildegirl05
12-02-2008, 10:51 PM
How can fans prevent it:confused: At best they can pray for no injury. I am thinking that someone better than him on clay will beat him.

i'm a believer :shrug: for instance, we could perform a rain dance that will interrupt all his opponent's matches. or we could take up voodoo. but i don't want to give away all the secrets :( skeptics like you won't understand anyway :hug:

opeth84
12-02-2008, 10:52 PM
This prediction gets made every year. Your bound to right eventually :)

tennizen
12-02-2008, 10:55 PM
This prediction gets made every year. Your bound to right eventually :)

I think this is the year he will lose. It will not be anyone we would normally expect. One of the qualifiers may be.

keroni
12-02-2008, 11:01 PM
I know it's a joke, but Gaudio's playing style is very effective against Nadal. He might truly have a chance if Rafa has a off-day, which is very rare indeed.

l_mac
12-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Rafa was already too good for Gaudio in mid 2005. Let's stop and think for a minute about how Rafa's game has improved since then.

And now let's think about how Gaudio's game has gone since then.

Pause for laughter.

Gaudio will never be a tour level player again, so this discussion is pointless :wavey:

elessar
12-02-2008, 11:08 PM
I agree with l_mac, even though Gaudio's a bad match up for Rafa I don't see him beating him at RG, now at wimbledon... That'd be another story.

Serenidad
12-02-2008, 11:08 PM
IWWPG6-fOks&feature=related

l_mac
12-02-2008, 11:11 PM
That's irrelevant, Serenidad. Roger isn't playing RG next year.

elessar
12-02-2008, 11:15 PM
It's not on his 2009 schedule :confused:?

Johnny Groove
12-02-2008, 11:23 PM
Nadal might lose to Gaudio if they play in Argentina in DC or something.

Other than that, Nadal should take RG 09 with little difficulty. Barring an injury

Byrd
12-02-2008, 11:34 PM
Hang on, people are actually discussing Gaudio beating the pig? :lol:, even at his peak, and he even admitted himself, that winning a set off Nadal was an effort in itself, and their match at MC showed what happened after the 1st set. However Gaudio, and maybe Wawrinka are the only guys with 1h backhands that could deal with the moonballs on clay on a consistent basis.

finishingmove
12-02-2008, 11:35 PM
IWWPG6-fOks&feature=related

:worship:

nice scene from Exploited Backhands 7.

so federer refused to do another sequel?

Juli_V
12-02-2008, 11:40 PM
no way I'm seeing Gato Gaudio winning against such a powerful opponent like Nadal on clay. But Nadal isn't 100% fit now, and he has made a big effort in the last seasons, specially the last one so i wouldn't be surprised to see him get an injury or somethin at this part of next year. I guess is the only way of getting him away of the RG trophy :p

Guy Haines
12-03-2008, 12:06 AM
This thread has gotten off to a meek start. Gaudio?

Nole doesn't have it in him to best Rafa on clay in 3 out of 5. I'm not even sure he can beat Rafa 3 out of 5 on other surfaces.

Right now I don't see anyone who can beat Nadal at the French. When the day comes, it's going to be crazy, though. The crowd at Roland Garros will be rooting heavily for anyone who shows signs of beating him. But whenever it really happens, I wonder how they'll respond to his defeat. Jeer him, cheer him? Both?

As of now, the player who I think has the closest shot is Del Potro. It seems ridiculous when you consider his lousy play at the end of the year, and his lousy record against Rafa -- I don't think he's even won a set. But clay is where Del Potro kicked off his great 08 results, and when he hammered Davydenko in Davis Cup, that was some of the most powerful clay tennis outside of Rafa I saw this year.

Still, I think he has a shot. Not a good one at the moment.

The thing with Roland Garros, is that not only is it Rafa's best surface, it is his favorite/best tournament on his best surface. And he is locked into Chartrier.

I'd like to say Simon, but grinding Nadal down on indoors at the end of the year isn't the same as grinding him down on clay in the early June heat. If it were to happen, Gilles is who I'd want to succeed.

Running into Starace or Ferrero early, or a little later, an in-shape (yeah, right) Nalbandian, might be tough for Nadal. Djokovic would have to lose in the first round of every 09 tournament before Roland Garros to meet Rafa anytime early on in the French. Even then I doubt he'd have fallen far enough.

In the top 100, aside from Simon and Del Potro (and maybe Monfils), none of the players who shot up the rankings in 2008 have strong clay games. I haven't seen Granollers play. Schwank's ok, but not mature enough.

Byrd
12-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Murray potentially could trouble Nadal, but I still question his serve & shot selection at times, but I'll like to see them play a match on clay next year.

Ivanatis
12-03-2008, 12:12 AM
He will be goochrolled in round 2 or 3.

Guy Haines
12-03-2008, 12:15 AM
He will be goochrolled in round 2 or 3.

:lol: I was waiting for that one, and the Al Bundy avatar confirms it as truth. :D

Snoo Foo
12-03-2008, 12:17 AM
chela

Forehander
12-03-2008, 12:58 AM
2008 was perhaps by far his most dominant French Open. I can still see room for improvement. He will win the RG in 2009, unless Roger Federer plays him in the finals again.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 01:12 AM
It could happen. Some players fail to defend titles. Just like Djokovic. A lot depends on how fit he is. It is too early to say really.

Damn
12-03-2008, 01:46 AM
This thread is bullshit of the highest level. Nadal doesn't need to play near his best to win the FO without any kind of trouble, he's far too superior.

Nadal's 2008 FO has been the most dominant major since ... I just don't know. Just ask PKM. Something like 4 games lost per match if I'm not mistaken. Insane.

I think this is unlikely unless he is injured. His level on clay is far above everyone else on tour.

Incorrect, his level on clay is far above everyone else ever. He could win the whole thing even with his famoose ass injured.

Mimi
12-03-2008, 02:05 AM
don't be so serious, I guess tennizen was not serious when making this thread ;)

but who knows, one cannot win forever, even Roger lost his wimby crown :angel:

This thread is bullshit of the highest level. Nadal doesn't need to play near his best to win the FO without any kind of trouble, he's far too superior.

Nadal's 2008 FO has been the most dominant major since ... I just don't know. Just ask PKM. Something like 4 games lost per match if I'm not mistaken. Insane.

Incorrect, his level on clay is far above everyone else ever. He could win the whole thing even with his famoose ass injured.

Ivanatis
12-03-2008, 02:42 AM
:lol: I was waiting for that one, and the Al Bundy avatar confirms it as truth. :D

Yes Ma'am.

bluefork
12-03-2008, 03:29 AM
Nadal's knees seem to be slowly becoming more and more of a liability. Luckily for him, clay isn't that hard on the joints, and he could play on crutches and still beat most guys on clay. So no, I don't see Nadal losing his title this year.

But god I'd love to see someone knock him out. Watching him hit heavy topspin to his opponent's backhand gets really old really fast.

MrChopin
12-03-2008, 03:55 AM
That's irrelevant, Serenidad. Roger isn't playing RG next year.

Probably a wise decision. He needs to stay healthy to defend those Halle points.

I agree.

l_mac said Roger isn't playing RG next year. Nice sig.

wildegirl05
12-03-2008, 03:59 AM
mr.chopin, is that meant to be an exhaustive list in your sig? i think you're missing one or two names.

ronaldenrico
12-03-2008, 04:05 AM
This is such an uneducated prediction. Methinks, Rafa will continue to dominate on clay next year and in the years to come. The man to dethrone him on clay has not been born yet.

MrChopin
12-03-2008, 04:15 AM
I'm considering a golden slam prediction here in honor of Alo's return.

This is such an uneducated prediction. Methinks, Rafa will continue to dominate on clay next year and in the years to come. The man to dethrone him on clay has not been born yet.

Good first post ronaldenrico. By contrast, 15-16 more RGs would be a good prediction.

mr.chopin, is that meant to be an exhaustive list in your sig? i think you're missing one or two names.

I think you're right. There are only 35 names in my sig but there should be 38, right? 3 clowns missed the cut. I don't really feel like checking for them though.

wildegirl05
12-03-2008, 04:22 AM
i was just curious and i agree, it wouldn't be worthwhile to dig them up :lol:

GhostUnholy
12-03-2008, 04:26 AM
It better not happen, I want him to pass borg's streak this year with 5 straight.

iriraz
12-03-2008, 06:54 AM
If Nadal doesn`t have a good day a player like Ferrero can take him down but it`s hard to tell now in what physical shape Nadal will be next year at RG.If i remember i don`t think any player took Nadal to 5 sets at RG so unless he is injured or his game is struggling at that time it`s doubtful he will be beaten but only time will tell

MIMIC
12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
I don't think Nadal will win RG 2009 either. Furthermore, I don't think Federer or Djokovic will win it either. I still predict that Gulbis will take the title. :D

But as for who will finally end Nadal's perfect RG match streak, I have no clue.

Crazy Girl
12-03-2008, 09:50 AM
How come? Reading these bad news so -between head and neck- in the early morning!!! There's, maybe, here around, the june 99's Agassi, and I don't seen him, yet?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confu sed:

opeth84
12-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Now this is getting stupid. The same talk last year about Rafa's knees. Uncle Toni has openly admitted that Rafa builds up to peak at the start of the clay season goes through to grass and he crumbles at the end of the season.He always does. This bs will continue when early next year Rafa will probably have a few bad results again and mtf will spelling doom for his clay court season until IW/Miami 2009 when he springs to life again. I really don't believe injury or fitness will be an issue. Surely a top player on his day could beat him. But without a moment of magic from a top player he will continue to dominate his fave surface and will continue to do well on grass whether or not he wins wimbledon or not.

And Gulbis beating Nadal on clay :worship: When he learns what topspin is.

Metis
12-03-2008, 10:11 AM
I have faith in tennizen's prediction. :worship: I'll go even further and say that Nalbandian will be the one to beat Nadal and win RG 2009 :rocker2:

:D

The_Beast
12-03-2008, 10:43 AM
No way:)Five in a row

TBRaven
12-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Djoko played beyond his best in Hamburg this year and still hasn't won.
Davydenko is hardly beating anyone of top3 on clay.
Federer lost too many times on clay by Rafa, so.....

Rafa will win again RG.

Of course, if he is not injured.

keroni
12-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Did anyone watch Rome when Rafa played Ferrero Rocher? I know his feet had blisters so you could count that as injury, but barring that, how did Ferrero Rocher win?

federernadalfan
12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
:lol: the same prediction happened last year at this time of the year
nadal will sweep the clay season next year like 2008 including of course RG, if he doesn't have an injury
clay monster has no competition on clay

finishingmove
12-03-2008, 11:49 AM
roddick might actually have a chance to win RG, he is always dangerous, but i would still give rafa the edge on clay and slower hardcourts.

it's all up to A-rod.

personally i see roddick winning wimbledon next year.

opeth84
12-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Did anyone watch Rome when Rafa played Ferrero Rocher? I know his feet had blisters so you could count that as injury, but barring that, how did Ferrero Rocher win?

Ferrero played well against him in Rome no doubt. Was trying to attack whenever he could.Same as he did when he lost to Rafa 2 weeks prior in Monte Carlo when Rafa was able to run.

Puschkin
12-03-2008, 12:17 PM
I have not seen all of Nadal's matches in Roland Garros within the last years, most of them were one-sided anyway, but the one I remember where he was really challenged (even if he won 4 sets) was against Paul-Henri Mathieu in 2006. That does not imply that I predict a defeat against Mathieu in 2009, I just want to say: surprises can come from all corners.

Byrd
12-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I have not seen all of Nadal's matches in Roland Garros within the last years, most of them were one-sided anyway, but the one I remember where he was really challenged (even if he won 4 sets) was against Paul-Henri Mathieu in 2006. That does not imply that I predict a defeat against Mathieu in 2009, I just want to say: surprises can come from all corners.

The match against PHM was epic, first set lasted 80 minutes, and PHM actually started crying after the match due to the amount of effort he put in, yet lost in 4 :sad:

Forehander
12-03-2008, 03:26 PM
The only reason why JFC could win that match was because Nadal just didn't give a crap. He obviously tanked that match.

PiggyGotRoasted
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
It will be davydenko!

Crazy Girl
12-03-2008, 05:18 PM
It will be davydenko!Do you want to provoke me??? :);):);)My tiny Davidenkino! NIKOLAY MY DARLING!!! THANK YOU!But Niko is not so good for clay! Good perfomance with Rafa in Rome...few years ago and this year in Montecarlo. But thanks for the "though"!!:wavey::wavey::wavey:

ImmzB
12-03-2008, 09:10 PM
R.Nadal Will Roll Past 2 The French Open Title!!

No-1 Can Challenge Him On Clay Not Even Qureshi Lol

Lets Be Onest Nadal Is Just On Another Level 2 These Other People!!

Rafa Will Win RG Probaly Just Loosing A Couple Of Sets Or Maybe Even None Like This Year!!!

Vamos Rafa!!!!!!!

Chris Seahorse
12-03-2008, 09:34 PM
I think there is a distinct possibility next Roland Garros Nadal could lose.....a set.

scarecrows
12-03-2008, 10:24 PM
roddick might actually have a chance to win RG, he is always dangerous, but i would still give rafa the edge on clay and slower hardcourts.

it's all up to A-rod.

personally i see roddick winning wimbledon next year.

is "roddick" how Bobby Ginepri is called nowadays?

Corey Feldman
12-03-2008, 10:27 PM
would rather watch 2 weeks of tiddlywinks than Roland Garros next year

will be the same predictable shiet as always

keroni
12-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Fed getting bagelled is predictable now?

Jimnik
12-04-2008, 01:33 PM
This will make an excellent bump after Rafa triple bagels his final opponent, in traditional fashion (not mediter fashion).

And to all those that mentioned Gaudio as the biggest threat, you will not be forgotten when next year's ACC rolls round.

Garson007
12-04-2008, 02:37 PM
This will make an excellent bump after Rafa triple bagels his final opponent, in traditional fashion (not mediter fashion).
If he does not, it will also be one. :p

finishingmove
12-04-2008, 02:55 PM
is "roddick" how Bobby Ginepri is called nowadays?

bobby goat is, of course, the main favourite for the title.

roddick is just one of many who could beat nadal on clay.

Venle
12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
We'll see :shrug:

The_Nadal_effect
12-04-2008, 04:36 PM
It would be best for tennis if Rafa wins 5 RGs in a row. Then we'll have witnessed 5 RGs, Wimblys, USOs all in the same era.

How good is that!:devil:

New Balls Please
12-05-2008, 12:39 AM
It's hard to fathom Rafa losing to anyone at RG unless he is injured, such is his level on clay.

Even if he gets a nightmare draw, he'll probably still win.

While his style of play is effective it is still boring to watch him clean up the entire field.

Bring back the artistic style of claycourters like Kuerten, Costa, Ferrero, Coria, Gaudio.

Arkulari
12-05-2008, 01:32 AM
Rafa will win unless Roger gets the best day of his life :shrug:

LinkMage
12-05-2008, 01:46 AM
Nothing to discuss here. Nadull will steamroll to the title once again thanks to the pathetic competition on clay these past few years.

:zzz:

Benny_Maths
12-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Sampras would've put Nadal in his place.;)

Nathaliia
12-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Hema, do you "gauarentee" it like Jordan last year?

Of course he might not win - might get injured. But if healthy, for a moment I don't see his major lapse or another person strenght to beat him.

opeth84
12-05-2008, 09:53 AM
It's hard to fathom Rafa losing to anyone at RG unless he is injured, such is his level on clay.

Even if he gets a nightmare draw, he'll probably still win.

While his style of play is effective it is still boring to watch him clean up the entire field.

Bring back the artistic style of claycourters like Kuerten, Costa, Ferrero, Coria, Gaudio.

I don't think a nightmare draw even exists for Rafa, he's cleaned up just about everyone besides Nalbandian and on clay and i think Fat Dave will be the one running around.

While i can understand people go on about his tactics, he is much more willing to go for shots on clay and won't let players back into a rally when he's controlling with his forehand even if he does go to the opponents backhand a few too many times.I disagree that the players u mentioned are more artistic though.Gaudio had a great backhand but all these players were grinders to an extent.

ballbasher101
12-05-2008, 11:39 AM

Someone needs to cut down on the booze!!

tennizen
12-05-2008, 01:34 PM

And to all those that mentioned Gaudio as the biggest threat, you will not be forgotten when next year's ACC rolls round.

:)

It would be best for tennis if Rafa wins 5 RGs in a row. Then we'll have witnessed 5 RGs, Wimblys, USOs all in the same era.

We have witnessed 4 RGs and the rest. Everyone knows 4 RGs> 5 USO > 5 Wimblys. Sadly we won't have 5 RGs.

Hema, do you "gauarentee" it like Jordan last year?

I guarantee it:D

Someone needs to cut down on the booze!!

I don't drink:wavey:

Federerhingis
12-06-2008, 04:45 PM

Exactly, wishful thinking if anything. At this very moment there are no signs or indications of him losing early, rather at all at Roland. However, the season is not even here, so we've got to wait until at least after Monte Carlo to see if his form has dropped at all on clay or if he's acquired and injury. Those are the only two possibilities of him losing at Roland.

Forehander
12-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Even if Nadal's draw consist of the top 7 players on clay from first round to finish he'll still win the tournament in straight easy sets end of story

New Balls Please
12-07-2008, 07:50 AM
Even if Nadal's draw consist of the top 7 players on clay from first round to finish he'll still win the tournament in straight easy sets end of story

Top 7 players on clay currently: Yes, he will roll through the field.

Top 7 players on clay of all-time: Maybe he might win, but he is more likely to be tired out by the QF or SF. :)

NoFroz
12-07-2008, 09:26 AM

I think that's rather bad actually :shrug:
Im not saying they didnt deserved it, cause they did. But if I could chose I'd like to have more mixed slam winners.

:)

Everyone knows 4 RGs> 5 USO > 5 Wimblys.

:rolleyes:
I must have missed that tennis lesson.

Foxy
12-07-2008, 09:56 AM
Top 7 players on clay currently: Yes, he will roll through the field.

Top 7 players on clay of all-time: Maybe he might win, but he is more likely to be tired out by the QF or SF. :)

Are you on crack? :shrug:

FedFan_2007
12-07-2008, 12:01 PM
:facepalm: what a stupid thread

Guy Haines
04-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Right now I don't see anyone who can beat Nadal at the French. When the day comes, it's going to be crazy, though. The crowd at Roland Garros will be rooting heavily for anyone who shows signs of beating him. But whenever it really happens, I wonder how they'll respond to his defeat. Jeer him, cheer him? Both?

As of now, the player who I think has the closest shot is Del Potro. It seems ridiculous when you consider his lousy play at the end of the year, and his lousy record against Rafa -- I don't think he's even won a set. But clay is where Del Potro kicked off his great 08 results, and when he hammered Davydenko in Davis Cup, that was some of the most powerful clay tennis outside of Rafa I saw this year.

Still, I think he has a shot. Not a good one at the moment.

Might as well revive this thread as well, since the "Challenge/New Generation" thread has been revived.

Duong (on that thread) and I are the only ones to have put forth Del Potro as a player to challenge Rafa.

But I like his chances in 2 of 3 way more than 3 of 5. And I like his chances a couple years from now, not this year.

Certinfy
04-04-2009, 09:52 PM
:facepalm: what a stupid thread

Off topic but who is ur fave tennis player?

vidanhv
04-04-2009, 09:58 PM
Is this thread a joke????? Although clay season has not even started, one glance at the Davis Cup match with Serbia clearly shows what Nadal does to the others on his dirt. He took Novak (who was one of the best players during the last clay season), chew him, spit him, and covered him with the dirt.

Jōris
04-04-2009, 10:02 PM

Remember when I said you were more intelligent than me? I take it all back.

l_mac
04-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Troll thread.

tennizen thinks this sort of thing is funny.

Burrow
04-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I think Del Potro would be sloshed on clay by Nadal.

finishingmove
04-04-2009, 10:06 PM
querrey is getting thrown into the mix.

Jōris
04-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Troll thread.

You can't call my forum wife a troll and get away with it. I will order Yves to impregnate you with his obnoxious spawn.

l_mac
04-04-2009, 10:22 PM
You can't call my forum wife a troll and get away with it. I will order Yves to impregnate you with his obnoxious spawn.

I can do what I please.

Burrow
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
so can I, you're a prick.

l_mac
04-04-2009, 10:23 PM
so can I, you're a prick.

Reported.

habibko
04-04-2009, 10:25 PM
http://www.realfreewebsites.com/blog/img/fail2.jpg

Jōris
04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
I can do what I please.

Yves is on his way. Make sure you wear clean underwear.

l_mac
04-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Yves is on his way. Make sure you wear clean underwear.

This is not how to engage me.

chowdahead25
04-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I havent read the thread, but I will throw in that I think Djokovic or Fed will win it this year.
This is the first time Nadal has had all the pressure to win it.
Federer (and Djokovic) on the other hand, has none. Nobody expects him to win.

Jōris
04-04-2009, 10:42 PM
This is not how to engage me.

And put on some make-up and fix your hair. You look like a mess.

l_mac
04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
I havent read the thread, but I will throw in that I think Djokovic or Fed will win it this year.
This is the first time Nadal has had all the pressure to win it.
Federer (and Djokovic) on the other hand, has none. Nobody expects him to win.

The first time? Are you mental?

He's played the last 3 years with huge pressure throughout the clay season. If anything this year the pressure is less because he is less reliant on his clay points.

Have you been living in some alternate universe where Nadal hasn't been the prohibitive favourite for every clay tournament he entered since 2006?

lurker
04-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Let's imagine what would really be a nightmare draw for Nadal in Roland Garros this year, and how would he deal with them? Ranking/seeding and rounds into consideration of course:

1. (1r)Querrey...the aperitif.
2. (2r)Mathieu..chance for avengance?
3. (3r)Nalbandian...nuff said.
4. (4r)Simon...tough French crowd, tough French opponent
5. (QF)Tsonga...yet another stronger Frenchman.
6. (SF)Djokovic...he slips to 3 in the rankings.
7. (F) Murray...he climbed to 2 during clay season, Roger fell to number 4, not defending his points. Besides, Nadal owns Fed.

I've left off Monfils...he is a clown. I also left off Del Potro because I think the clay will neutralize his power serve, serve and volley won't serve him here and he won't move so well on it.

Cloudygirl
04-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Let's imagine what would really be a nightmare draw for Nadal in Roland Garros this year, and how would he deal with them? Ranking/seeding and rounds into consideration of course:

7. (F) Murray...he climbed to 2 during clay season, Roger fell to number 4, not defending his points. Besides, Nadal owns Fed.

I've left off Monfils...he is a clown. I also left off Del Potro because I think the clay will neutralize his power serve, serve and volley won't serve him here and he won't move so well on it.

You think Murray will make finals on clay?

Acer
04-05-2009, 12:10 AM
Tsonga on clay a nightmare?

Johnny Groove
04-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Murray in the RG finals :lol:

FairWeatherFan
04-05-2009, 01:25 AM
No surprises that it was a poster with the qualities of Tennizzen who made this prediction. There is no one who can beat Nadal at RG and it would be quite extraordinary if he lost.

chowdahead25
04-05-2009, 02:13 AM
The first time? Are you mental?

He's played the last 3 years with huge pressure throughout the clay season. If anything this year the pressure is less because he is less reliant on his clay points.

Have you been living in some alternate universe where Nadal hasn't been the prohibitive favourite for every clay tournament he entered since 2006?

I meant in terms of him being number 1.
They could be playing on mayonaisse for all i care.
Just like Roger at Wimby in years past, Nadal is expected to win.
Federer finally lost, and I think Rafa will too.

l_mac
04-05-2009, 02:17 AM
Just like Roger at Wimby in years past, Nadal is expected to win.
Federer finally lost, and I think Rafa will too.

Uh-huh. Roger didn't lose at Wimbledon because he was #1.

You don't think Nadal was expected to win at RG in 06, 07 and 08?

chowdahead25
04-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Uh-huh. Roger didn't lose at Wimbledon because he was #1.

You don't think Nadal was expected to win at RG in 06, 07 and 08?

Thats not my point.
But forget it.
We will see what happens.

HeretiC
04-05-2009, 03:00 AM
Arend, you are on fire :lol:

Ozone
04-05-2009, 03:00 AM
I actually like this prediction. Murray, Davydenko, Federer are great clay courters. Yes, Nadal stands out more but its tough to win so many times.

Steelq
04-05-2009, 03:39 AM
I actually like this prediction. Murray, Davydenko, Federer are great clay courters. Yes, Nadal stands out more but its tough to win so many times.
Come again?

Action Jackson
04-05-2009, 04:08 AM
Good light hearted comedy.

Henry Kaspar
04-05-2009, 04:29 AM
I have a feeling Rafa won't win Wimbledon this year, and neiter Fed. Someone else will have his breakthrough there.

We'll see.

superslam77
04-05-2009, 04:40 AM
give the trophy to pig already :zzz: or just :armed: the bastard, only chance if tonigreed is so much that he actually plays all the clay events in a row and wins them making him tired.
better to get :drink: until the grass season...this is so boring.

JimmyV
04-05-2009, 04:41 AM
Berrer will win both RG and Wimbly.

meihaditalab
04-05-2009, 05:00 AM
AHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAAH.. you people are way too funny. pretty sure he's going all the way like he has for the past 4 years;)

LinkMage
04-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Only if he breaks both legs before the tournament.

Bet your car, house, children, wife, etc. on Nadull to win it outright.

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

luie
04-05-2009, 05:18 AM
give the trophy to pig already :zzz: or just :armed: the bastard, only chance if tonigreed is so much that he actually plays all the clay events in a row and wins them making him tired.
better to get :drink: until the grass season...this is so boring.
I hear there is some turmoil going on with rafa,I can't help but feel uncle toni is making rafa play too many events too close together that can back-fire. Anyway its just a guess but if rafa arrives a RG feeling half healthy its over for everyone else. But if he reaches RG exhausted Wimby could be "up for grabs":devil:

Guy Haines
04-05-2009, 06:18 AM

Del Potro is a tougher ask (though still probably easy this year) than any of those players.

He started his winning streak last year on clay and played excellently on clay during the second half of 2008.

But anyway, yeah, the thread title is taking the piss.

Dupuis2006
04-05-2009, 06:21 AM
Nadal will win FO guaranteed!

born_on_clay
04-05-2009, 10:19 AM
Another caly season another predictions that Rafa will not win FO
You will see in march that the king is alive

Action Jackson
04-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Another caly season another predictions that Rafa will not win FO
You will see in march that the king is alive

It's a joke thread.

leng jai
04-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Berrer will win both RG and Wimbly.

Nope. He is saving the lightning bolt smash for Flushing Meadows.

PiggyGotRoasted
04-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Davydenko will win FO, and if he doesnt he will atleast beat nadal.

Rafattack
04-05-2009, 12:28 PM
I reckon JMDP's chances of beating Rafa on clay are hugely miniscule! Take Miami for example; JMDP only just (massive emphasis on the word 'just') managed the victory! And that was a terrible display from Rafa on a hardcourt! Then, in contrast, put Rafa on the red dirt with his usual game and you have to then ask yourself, "Any Chance?"

Rafattack
04-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Mate, you're so disillusioned it's unreal! This slam is a lock and Rafa's thrown away the key!

PiggyGotRoasted
04-05-2009, 12:36 PM
Mate, you're so disillusioned it's unreal! This slam is a lock and Rafa's thrown away the key!

Your post will make a good bump :wavey:

NadalSharapova
04-05-2009, 12:54 PM

No player was even capable on taking a set of Nadal last year. No player has EVER even challenged Nadal at the French (including when he was a youngster), now he is a better player than ever, and you think some mug could beat him. You need your brain checking out.

PiggyGotRoasted
04-05-2009, 12:57 PM
No player was even capable on taking a set of Nadal last year. No player has EVER even challenged Nadal at the French (including when he was a youngster), now he is a better player than ever, and you think some mug could beat him. You need your brain checking out.

As far as I am aware, the last time davydenko was in form and played nadal :

ATP Masters Series Rome
Italy

Clay

S

Nadal

7-6(3) 6-7(8) 6-4
Stats

So if davydenko is in form, there is every chance he can beat nadal on clay.. and at the french open. It has to happen sometime :rolleyes:

NadalSharapova
04-05-2009, 01:04 PM

ATP Masters Series Rome
Italy

Clay

S

Nadal

7-6(3) 6-7(8) 6-4
Stats

So if davydenko is in form, there is every chance he can beat nadal on clay.. and at the french open. It has to happen sometime :rolleyes:

No it doesn't cos no one is good enough.

You thread is talking about the French Open, so lets stick on topic. Someone has to challenge Nadal at the French (ie close match) before beating him. No one in the past 4 years have even come close at the French.

Ferrero and Andreev have beated him on clay before but not at the French. Big difference at a major.

PiggyGotRoasted
04-05-2009, 01:07 PM
No it doesn't cos no one is good enough.

You thread is talking about the French Open, so lets stick on topic. Someone has to challenge Nadal at the French (ie close match) before beating him. No one in the past 4 years have even come close at the French.

Ferrero and Andreev have beated him on clay before but not at the French. Big difference at a major.

However Davydenko has not played him before at the french open so you cant say what the match would turn out like, and davydenko doesnt have a mental block vs nadal either nor does Nalbandian.

NadalSharapova
04-05-2009, 01:10 PM
However Davydenko has not played him before at the french open so you cant say what the match would turn out like, and davydenko doesnt have a mental block vs nadal either nor does Nalbandian.

Davydenko lost 3-0 to Federer at the French. Davydenko has never even been a factor at the French or any major.

Bazooka
04-05-2009, 01:15 PM

ATP Masters Series Rome
Italy

Clay

S

Nadal

7-6(3) 6-7(8) 6-4
Stats

Rome is fast, Nadal can lose to a bad matchup there.

Hamburg is very unlike RG, in ball bounce and speed. Could lose there if it was still an AMS.

RG is a different story, he beat 61 61 61 the second best claycourter of 2008, bageled Roger, and crushed Djokovic in his top clay game. If he is at 75% of his game, he will not drop a set.

Commander Data
04-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I see no reason to assume the beast will be slayed this year.

In contrary: It likely he won't even lose a set.

vamosinator
04-05-2009, 01:33 PM

Just keep a link to this thread and bump it after RG to celebrate all the crying Rafahaters :D

l_mac
04-05-2009, 01:39 PM
I smell trolls.

Trolls responding to each other, trolls trolling together. Trolls tryng to out troll trolls.

l_mac
04-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Thats not my point.
But forget it.
We will see what happens.

What is your point?

andylovesaustin
04-05-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't think Rafa is going to win it either--as much as it would disappoint me to see him go down.

I'm not so sure he's going to be able to hang-on to #1 in the world either. It just seems like he works so hard to win every title. I just think physically, it's going to be very difficult for him to have the longevity of Roger or Pete.

In fact, I can't think of a clay court player who has had that kind of longevity except Borg, and he retired at a pretty young age, right? Wilander maybe? I'm sure some of you all who know tennis history will correct me if I'm wrong.

To me, there's reason why serve and volley players seem to have more longevity at #1 than clay-court players.

Don't get my wrong, I'm a Rafa fan. I was happy to see him beat Roger. Rafa is a great champion and competitor. But I just don't see how he is going to "win" year after year just due to the physical demands of his game more than anything else.

vamosinator
04-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I smell trolls.

Trolls responding to each other, trolls trolling together. Trolls tryng to out troll trolls.

I see dumb people ^^

vamosinator
04-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't think Rafa is going to win it either--as much as it would disappoint me to see him go down.

I'm not so sure he's going to be able to hang-on to #1 in the world either. It just seems like he works so hard to win every title. I just think physically, it's going to be very difficult for him to have the longevity of Roger or Pete.

In fact, I can't think of a clay court player who has had that kind of longevity except Borg, and he retired at a pretty young age, right? Wilander maybe? I'm sure some of you all who know tennis history will correct me if I'm wrong.

To me, there's reason why serve and volley players seem to have more longevity at #1 than clay-court players.

Don't get my wrong, I'm a Rafa fan. I was happy to see him beat Roger. Rafa is a great champion and competitor. But I just don't see how he is going to "win" year after year just due to the physical demands of his game more than anything else.

Well, at least he will win the Calendar Year Grand Slam, thats the main thing. Who cares if he doesn't win every other tournament.

andylovesaustin
04-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Well, at least he will win the Calendar Year Grand Slam, thats the main thing. Who cares if he doesn't win every other tournament.

Yeah, I'd love to see Rafa win the U.S. Open, for sure. I think it would be a great achievement to even win a career grand slam.

He might win the French. You can't count-out Rafa. But. I just think physically and mentally, it would be a HUGE accomplishment.. then to turn around again and win Wimbledon, then the U.S. Open.. I dunno. Maybe Rafa can do it because he sure has tenacity. But physically, I dunno.

You know.. this is so Rafa, but my goodness, all of the players can only do the best they can under any circumstances. I don't imagine any player wants to play his/her worst or not up to a good level. So, really all of them have to just do the best they can given any match/conditions and hope it will be enough to win.

vamosinator
04-05-2009, 02:06 PM
There won't be any physical issues until after Wimbledon. He should play a full claycourt schedule and Queens and Wimbledon. Then have good break and just play a couple of events just before the US Open. Roland Garros is a lock, Wimbledon is a lock. Its all about the US Open.

Fiberlight1
04-05-2009, 10:14 PM

ATP Masters Series Rome
Italy

Clay

S

Nadal

7-6(3) 6-7(8) 6-4
Stats

Denk played the match of his life and still lost.. This was also 2 years ago.

ossie
04-06-2009, 11:21 AM
lol just checked nadals lost 7 sets in four years at the french open :S

NadalSharapova
04-06-2009, 11:25 AM
lol just checked nadals lost 7 sets in four years at the french open :S

Thats a lot more than I expected. Are you sure its 7?

I supposed he dropped a few when he was younger and less experienced in 2005 and 2006

ossie
04-06-2009, 11:30 AM

I supposed he dropped a few when he was younger and less experienced in 2005 and 2006yea 3 of those were in the first year he won roland garros so :cool:

Bazooka
04-06-2009, 12:02 PM
This thread will be automatically bumped on June 8th.

However, 3/4 of the trolls posting here will be Rafa fans then, so not as funny as it sounds.

Bazooka
04-06-2009, 12:06 PM

I supposed he dropped a few when he was younger and less experienced in 2005 and 2006

Let's see, from memory: 3 to Roger, 1 to Puerta, 1 to Hewitt, 1 to Grosjean. Can't remember the other.

iriraz
04-06-2009, 12:15 PM
Let's see, from memory: 3 to Roger, 1 to Puerta, 1 to Hewitt, 1 to Grosjean. Can't remember the other.

I remember he had a tough 4 setter to Matthieu a couple years ago at the French.I think it went almost 5 hours and he had the known "banana incident"

Bazooka
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
I remember he had a tough 4 setter to Matthieu a couple years ago at the French.I think it went almost 5 hours and he had the known "banana incident"

I remember the banana with Mathieu but did he lose a set? Probably you're right.

rafa_maniac
04-06-2009, 12:26 PM
05 - Grosjean, Federer, Puerta
06 - Hewitt, Mathieu, Federer
07 - Federer
08 - :cool:

tennizen
04-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Remember when I said you were more intelligent than me? I take it all back.

The good Lord giveth and the good Lord taketh away.

Troll thread.

"Nadal is the best player in the world this year (so far)":dance:

:yeah:

It's a joke thread.

No:sad:

pica_pica
04-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I refuse to believe the thread title. Anything can happen, but I hope Rafa wins a slam 5 consecutive times like Roger did in Wimbledon and USO.

star
04-06-2009, 07:00 PM
I didn't think Nadal would win Roland Garros last year just because it is so unbeievably difficult to win that many times in succession. So, this year, I just don't know. Five RG titles in a row is completely unprecedented in the open era. Not sure about before that.

NadalSharapova
04-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Federer could win wimbledon 5 times, I mean federer was great grass courter but nadal on clay is better than federer was on grass.

Nadal should win FO very easily this year. Maybe drop even less games than last year.

tennizen
05-18-2009, 03:11 PM
I think what I predicted looks more and more likely.

FlameOn
05-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Why? Because of one bad performance (only his first clay loss of the season)?

I'm sure we can all be pretty confident, like it or lump it, that Nadal is going to win the French Open this year, and probably next year as well. :)

Forehander
05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
Monaco will be the one to knock Nadal out.

HattonWBA
05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
He will win Roland Garros

rofe
05-18-2009, 03:30 PM

A reverse jinx is unnecessary.

miura
05-18-2009, 03:32 PM
You predicted an early exit for Rafa. Who could manage that? I could agree he might go out in the semi or final, but that is very unlikely and for him to go out before the QF is almost impossible.

Clay Death
05-18-2009, 03:33 PM

what are you smoking anyway?. has to be good.

mods: drag this thread outside and hang it from the nearest tree.

tennizen
05-18-2009, 03:47 PM
A reverse jinx is unnecessary.

I started this thread a longtime ago:shrug:

You predicted an early exit for Rafa. Who could manage that? I could agree he might go out in the semi or final, but that is very unlikely and for him to go out before the QF is almost impossible.

Who would have thought that an old washed up Fed (with the mental burden of a thousand elephants on his head when he plays Nadal) would come back in this manner to beat Rafa on clay. Such things happen when they are least expected. Only some have the foresight to recognize such moments.

what are you smoking anyway?. has to be good.

mods: drag this thread outside and hang it from the nearest tree.

Old friend ClayDeath, alas we have parted ways on this matter

-Evita-
05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Well, I think your prediction is wrong, Hema :) We'll know for sure in 3 weeks.

tennizen
05-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, I think your prediction is wrong, Hema :) We'll know for sure in 3 weeks.

I hope so too:D

finishingmove
05-18-2009, 04:20 PM
and if he does happen to win...you can just change the title to say "2010"
this should be a sticky...

Mint Chip
05-18-2009, 05:24 PM
One can only hope and pray for a better champ

justsumma
05-18-2009, 05:26 PM
One can only hope and pray for a better champ
Amen

TennisViewer531
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
It's different at the Grand Slam. Players get a day off after every match so Nadal will be rested by then and will win the FO for the fifth straight time...

luvrafa
05-18-2009, 05:46 PM
There is no better champ than Rafa!

Kiedis
05-18-2009, 05:53 PM
Yes, that is unquestionably true and I'll give you a exclusive: I'm the one who defeated him :cool:. Surrender Rafa!

Mint Chip
05-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Expected from fans of Nadal. The man has no variety in his game besides picking his shorts out of his ass

Ad Wim
05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
My god, that there are still people who think that the match yesterday was representative.
And then also trying to justify their earlier bullshit after such a loss...

tennizen
05-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Expected from fans of Nadal. The man has no variety in his game besides picking his shorts out of his ass

I would wholeheartedly agree with you but for the difficulty I have( my limitation most certainly which I am not embarrassed to admit) in considering the bolded as being part of his game

Certinfy
05-18-2009, 06:05 PM
I agree with the title :)

FedFan_2007
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
The ultimate doomsday stroking machine can't possibly lose earlier then the semis(if it's Djoker). So mods please drag this thread outside and shoot it.

FedFan_2007
05-18-2009, 06:20 PM
There is no better champ than Rafa!

What about Roger? Show some respect kid. :mad:

rofe
05-18-2009, 06:23 PM
I started this thread a longtime ago:shrug:

But you bumped it after Nadal's loss. :)

johnny_dhk
05-18-2009, 06:39 PM
Nadal is the ultimate champion. He has real class, that's why he never mentioned about his fatigue after the Madrid Final.

dorkino
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
:sad:

Who would have thought that an old washed up Fed (with the mental burden of a thousand elephants on his head when he plays Nadal) would come back in this manner to beat Rafa on clay. Such things happen when they are least expected. Only some have the foresight to recognize such moments.

True.Everyone is expecting the opposite so watch Rafa losing this season.
On another note ,Gaudio is getting a wild card for RG so someone must be working against Wildie's rain prayers :o. Well, I think your prediction is wrong, Hema :) We'll know for sure in 3 weeks.
I hope so three but he needs to regain his best form cos the more you win, the more others 'll try their best to take it from you. And seriously, every human is destined to lose some day.

alfonsojose
05-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Gaudio will kick Rafa out of RG in 1st round :yeah: :D

Pedigree
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM

This is some of the worst "logic" I have ever seen. Because one highly unlikely event happened, a separate (exponentially more unlikely) event becomes probable? :smash::smash:

tennizen
05-18-2009, 08:50 PM
This is some of the worst "logic" I have ever seen. Because one highly unlikely event happened, a separate (exponentially more unlikely) event becomes probable? :smash::smash:

Federer's case was used only as an example.

Matt01
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Monaco will be the one to knock Nadal out.

Monaco has a better chance than Federer, that's for sure ;)

miura
05-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Yes that's for sure. Despite the results Monaco has been able to produce against Nadal compared to Federer on clay. :rolleyes:

MacTheKnife
05-18-2009, 08:57 PM

I think Monaco has the game to make some people nervous, but not sure he's got the head to do it yet.

Matt01
05-18-2009, 09:06 PM
I think Monaco has the game to make some people nervous, but not sure he's got the head to do it yet.

Yeah, he should really stop with the choking :banghead:

Yes that's for sure. Despite the results Monaco has been able to produce against Nadal compared to Federer on clay. :rolleyes:

Exactly, you got it :yeah:
Roger is a washed up CCC. Madrid was a big fluke ;)

tennizen
05-31-2009, 04:15 PM
:dance:

Sapeod
05-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Soderling :yeah: Beat the pig and become the first person to beat Nadal at RG.

tennizen
05-31-2009, 04:19 PM

I :rocker2:

chowdahead25
05-31-2009, 05:04 PM
This thread starter is a GOD.

lol

Rafalover15
05-31-2009, 05:04 PM

OH GREAT ONE WHAT ELSE DOES YE PREDICT

Metis
05-31-2009, 05:45 PM
uncanny :eek: :lol:

tennizen :worship:

Dini
05-31-2009, 05:49 PM
tennizen you're awesome. :bowdown:

What a prediction!

HarryMan
tennizen, I really love you :kiss:

Corey Feldman
Hema - Legend

cool bird1
05-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Right what are next week lotto numbers lol

recessional
05-31-2009, 05:55 PM
lmao

fucking amazing

:bowdown: :bowdown:

ballbasher101
05-31-2009, 05:56 PM

Tennizen you rock. I for one thought you had gone mental so my apologies.

SerenaFederer
05-31-2009, 05:57 PM
omg only if you had predicted fed winning as well :sobbing:

Dini
05-31-2009, 06:01 PM
tennizen, what's your IQ? This can't be a coincidence, your prediction is genius. :bowdown:

robiht
05-31-2009, 06:09 PM
wow,nice prediction,congrats!!!

Jōris
05-31-2009, 06:24 PM

I will never underestimate your pagan magic intelligence again.

Action Jackson
05-31-2009, 06:30 PM
The numbers game caught up eventually, but good prediction.

finishingmove
05-31-2009, 06:55 PM
she precisely predicted a 4th round exit, which makes it even more astonishing

Corey Feldman
06-01-2009, 12:20 AM
ORLY?

nkp2
06-01-2009, 12:37 AM
:rolls:

Think that's all that needs said.

AsianSensation
06-01-2009, 03:43 AM

Bargearse
06-01-2009, 03:49 AM
I'll drink to that.

Benny_Maths
06-01-2009, 03:50 AM
This can't have been anything more than wishful thinking.

leng jai
06-01-2009, 03:51 AM
ORLY?

http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/ya_rly.jpg

Mimi
06-01-2009, 03:55 AM
:bigcry::bigcry:

Art&Soul
06-01-2009, 03:58 AM
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha:

chowdahead25
06-01-2009, 05:21 AM

Good call Captain Cocky.

jazar
06-01-2009, 07:48 AM
what a visionary the OP is

Certinfy
06-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Wow.

Macbrother
06-01-2009, 09:21 AM
The numbers game caught up eventually, but good prediction.

Precisely. A thread for this was done every year. Bound to be correct sometime.

tennizen
06-01-2009, 02:35 PM
This thread starter is a GOD.

lol

OH GREAT ONE WHAT ELSE DOES YE PREDICT

uncanny :eek: :lol:

tennizen :worship:

tennizen, I really love you :kiss:

Hema - Legend

Right what are next week lotto numbers lol

lmao

fucking amazing

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Tennizen you rock. I for one thought you had gone mental so my apologies.

tennizen, what's your IQ? This can't be a coincidence, your prediction is genius. :bowdown:

I will never underestimate your pagan magic intelligence again.

she precisely predicted a 4th round exit, which makes it even more astonishing

what a visionary the OP is

Wow.

:D * Trying to be with humble*

Precisely. A thread for this was done every year. Bound to be correct sometime.

:rolleyes:

Bagelicious
06-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I think this is the year he will lose. It will not be anyone we would normally expect. One of the qualifiers may be.

:worship: You need to open up Tennizen's Crystal Ball Emporium and start charging!

unknowndiamond
06-01-2009, 05:02 PM
Wow, this thread is rock, amazing :worship: Last week I also predicted Nadal Would lose this year,but you already went before me more than a year :worship::worship:.
I guess you thought that at this time he will have more pressure,being a No 1 ? Or his physical strength goes down ?
For me,this idea come up when I saw him playing this clay season.He seemed more vulnerable to me.I felt that his mental game is not too strength anymore. His face showed too much of pressure, and his game was not as patient as before.When I saw the draw,I predicted that he would lose at QF,where he might face Verdasco/Wawrinka/Davidenko. with Nadal almost at his limit, there's a good chance for one of them to get him. And Soderling just came out from nowhere and stealed that chance away ;)

scarecrows
06-01-2009, 05:07 PM
tennizen >>> NinaNina

PiggyGotRoasted
06-01-2009, 05:13 PM

As I said in my responce, I said your post would make a good bump.

And it did :devil:

Bagelicious
06-01-2009, 05:24 PM
As I said in my responce, I said your post would make a good bump.

And it did :devil:

:lol: In fact almost every quote from page 1-10 is worth bumping! Interesting how few of the original contributors have come back to this thread.

SaFed2005
06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
:haha:
Soderling must have found the key.

yuiwer
06-01-2009, 05:47 PM
I said that, too in '08. :p

finishingmove
06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
tennizen >>> NinaNina

murray has a really good chance at wimbledon this year, you know. :sad:

Vida
06-01-2009, 06:55 PM
good call tennizen, really good :yeah:

Metis
06-01-2009, 07:19 PM
:D * Trying to be with humble*

Don't be modest! Take advantage!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-orders-cheeseburgers.jpg

cobalt60
06-01-2009, 07:31 PM
:rolls: Who would have ever thought Hema would be the new Nostradamus;)

lina_seta
06-01-2009, 07:34 PM
hahah

but i swear, if either andy wins RG soderling would have done the tennis world more damage than good lol
roger, please keep it together and take this title!

tennizen
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
good call tennizen, really good :yeah:

Keep the compliments flowing:D

Don't be modest! Take advantage!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-cat-orders-cheeseburgers.jpg

:haha: :worship:

:rolls: Who would have ever thought Hema would be the new Nostradamus;)

You had no faith in me before:awww:

cobalt60
06-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Keep the compliments flowing:D

:haha: :worship:

You had no faith in me before:awww:

Me of little faith :awww:

HeretiC
06-01-2009, 08:16 PM
I am :scared: of you.

lina_seta
06-01-2009, 08:39 PM
So lets do the math...
6 matches to the title for 5 consecutive years... and if we assign a probability of nadal winning a match at roland garros as an independent event to be p=99% the probability that nadal wins RG five years in a row is:
(0.99)^5x6 = 73.97% rounding up to 74%
So nadal had a 26% chance of not winning RG this year given he is 99% certain of winning any given single match =)
(Approx. since the probability of each individual match is not constant, binomial distribution doesnt really apply, but it is basically adjusted by the odds of early rounds and later rounds)

So yea, it was bound to happen. But TENNISZEN was the only one to have the foresight many rafatards lack. legendary!

scarecrows
06-01-2009, 09:37 PM
:worship: x 2 to tennizen

she also predicted that Rafito would lose in 4th round even before the tournament had started

hablovah19
06-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Hadn't seen this thread before! :lol:

So how did you know, Tennizen? :p