Federer announced tournament plan for 2009 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer announced tournament plan for 2009

maldini
12-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Turniere 2009. 1. Januar: Abu Dhabi (VAE/Exhibition). 5. Januar: Doha (Katar). 14. Januar: Kooyong (Au/Exhibition). 19. Januar: Australian Open Melbourne (Grand Slam). 23. Februar: Dubai (VAE). 6. März: Davis Cup USA - Schweiz. 9. März: Indian Wells (USA). 23. März: Miami (USA). 27. April: Rom. 11. Mai: Madrid. 24. Mai: French Open Paris (Grand Slam). 8. Juni: Halle (De). 22. Juni: Wimbledon (Grand Slam). 10. August: Montreal (Ka). 17. August: Cincinnati (USA). 31. August: US Open New York (Grand Slam). 5. Oktober: Tokio. 12. Oktober: Schanghai (China). 2. November: Basel. 9. November: Paris. 23. November: London (Masters).

No Monte Carlo this year, and no Estoril :p

Schedule:
http://www.rogerfederer.com/de/rogers/schedule/index.cfm

Link:
http://www.bazonline.ch/sport/tennis/Roger-Federer-nur-mit-zwei-Sandturnieren-vor-Paris/story/13920080 (German)
and on his homepage as well..

Beforehand
12-02-2008, 08:22 PM
Presumptuous of Roger to imagine he'll finish in the Top 8. :D

:scared: :bolt:

Bilbo
12-02-2008, 08:25 PM
awful plan imo

Byrd
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Playing first 4 weeks in a row, and not playing Rotterdam is stupid.

Black Adam
12-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Pansy!

madmanfool
12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Looks good exept for that Asian tour there with Tokio and Shanghai. I don't get that.

scoobs
12-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Shanghai being compulsory next year could have something to do with the mini Asian leg.

Many tournaments like Bangkok and Tokyo will benefit from Beijing's upgrade to 1000 status.

scarecrows
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Looks good exept for that Asian tour there with Tokio and Shanghai. I don't get that.

Shanghai is a Masters event
and you dont go all the way there to play just 1 tournament so Tokyo is an OK addition, considering also that he likes that tournament

madmanfool
12-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Shanghai is a Masters event
and you dont go all the way there to play just 1 tournament so Tokyo is an OK addition, considering also that he likes that tournament

That changes everything. I didn't know that. Is there an event that loses his masters status? Monte Carlo, Hamburg?

edit: Found it: It's Hamburg. http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/en/tournaments/fullcalendar/2009atp.pdf

BigJohn
12-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Not sure he needs Abu Dhabi, Kooyong or Tokyo. For the first 2, it is the last year he does exibitions, right?

Federerhingis
12-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Playing first 4 weeks in a row, and not playing Rotterdam is stupid.

I know Rotterdam would have made a lot more sense and given him better rhythm going into the spring hard court season.

Labamba
12-02-2008, 09:41 PM
no Monte-Carlo? :eek: bad sign for them

CooCooCachoo
12-02-2008, 09:57 PM
No Rotterdam :(

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 10:21 PM
Two words:

Federer.

Forum.

Thanks.

LinkMage
12-02-2008, 10:22 PM
Good to see he's skipping that shithouse tournament where you can't see the ball on TV. Now I won't need to guess where the ball is.

elessar
12-02-2008, 10:40 PM
It's Roger on clay, so usually bottom of the net is a good guess.

Yappa
12-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Good to see he's skipping that shithouse tournament where you can't see the ball on TV. Now I won't need to guess where the ball is.

So true. Worst TV camera tournament of the season.

scoobs
12-02-2008, 11:10 PM
I read it was being adjusted for 2009

But then I think I read the same thing for 2008 so....

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 11:13 PM
What a bunch of whiners.

It's time for you to do either one of these:

a) get a digital signal and TV
b) visit an optometrist
c) pay and watch it at the courts

Garson007
12-02-2008, 11:31 PM
Really bad choice from Fed to skip the non-compulsory Masters. :tape: Lots of points down the drain... :o

Edit: Also, once again skipping the last "other". :/

Yappa
12-02-2008, 11:43 PM
What a bunch of whiners.

It's time for you to do either one of these:

a) get a digital signal and TV
b) visit an optometrist
c) pay and watch it at the courts

Hehe, always trying to look for a way to put others down, eh? :yeah:

I am too lazy to look for the relevant threads. The fact is, that the sunnier the weather, the harder it is to see the ball. And that on TV. And now think about those ppl having to follow the matches on their computers via live streams.

*Oh and in before random insult*

l_mac
12-02-2008, 11:49 PM
Very surprised to see him skipping Monte-Carlo, especially after all the support he gave the tournament.

A lot of points to give up.

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Hehe, always trying to look for a way to put others down, eh? :yeah:

I am too lazy to look for the relevant threads. The fact is, that the sunnier the weather, the harder it is to see the ball. And that on TV. And now think about those ppl having to follow the matches on their computers via live streams.

*Oh and in before random insult*

Put others down?

You're whining because you can't watch the ball. Don't be a jerk. Who cares? What matters is the sport, not how it's televised. If you can't watch the ball, go there or buy a good TV or maybe wear glasses.

I'm being quite polite.

Yappa
12-03-2008, 12:11 AM
Okay, I promise that after this I won't further derail the thread:
Yeah, well whatever.
Monte Carlo is a beautiful event and I plan to go there some day, but they need to work on the camera angle or whatever it is. Would be great if my/our "whining" as you call it succeeded in changing that. The way an even is broadcasted is part of the enjoyment, so yes, it does matter. The sport itself is obviously the most important, but all the rest adds to the fun, so I don't see why I should just accept things the way they are right now.

Thanks Federer for some wonderful matches in Hamburg, especially in 2007. ;) Guess you won't be back.

Forehander
12-03-2008, 01:01 AM
Federer will have a 98% win rate next year mark my words.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 01:05 AM
Federer will have a 98% win rate next year mark my words.

98% opponent's points won when hitting to his backhand rate?

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 01:09 AM
I know Rotterdam would have made a lot more sense and given him better rhythm going into the spring hard court season.

I have this suspicion that I know very well why he's not playing there... ;)

Johnny Groove
12-03-2008, 01:10 AM

Nadal playing Rotterdam is just as :retard: as Federer skipping it.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Nadull wants to be owned again by Seppi or someone of his (low) calibre.

Thanos
12-03-2008, 01:15 AM

because the court speed is too fast for him :shrug:

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 01:17 AM
because the court speed is too fast for him :shrug:

:lol:

Igaarg
12-03-2008, 01:22 AM
What is so wrong with the schedule? I think is fine, Roger has other goals now...What I don´t understand very well are the weeks before AO, but is his choice.

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 01:23 AM
What is so wrong with the schedule? I think is fine, Roger has other goals now...What I don´t understand very well are the weeks before AO, but is his choice.

Yep, apart from his money-whoring pre AO, there's nothing wrong with this schedule. :shrug:

nobama
12-03-2008, 02:05 AM
Yep, apart from his money-whoring pre AO, there's nothing wrong with this schedule. :shrug:I know Abu Dhabi is a money pit, but how much $$ do players get for playing Kooyong?

luvly1
12-03-2008, 03:45 AM
federer has to play a tounament before the AO or he will lose his number two ranking which of course would give djokovich a big boost of confidence. kooyong is a good choice because it is the same surface as the AO i have no problem with that my problem is only playing 2 clay events before FO and not even trying to defend his MC didnt he make the finals....

He says he is all about the slams now....

Havok
12-03-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm sure he will pull out of at least 2 indoor events during the later part of 2009.

Quakes
12-03-2008, 04:50 AM
Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai: Near his second home @ Dubai + Fast courts.

Kooyong: Great AO preparation. Remember how he lost there in 2007 experimenting with serve & volley, and then swept AO.

Monte Carlo: Nadal's best revenue and 1st clay 1000. 3 runner-ups are quite enough.

Davis Cup: Fedrinka showed potential in 2008 so Fed is aiming to win DC for Switzerland.

Halle: Rafa, Djoker, Murray won't go there so it's six straight for Rog.

Tokyo: Near Shanghai. Fed loves Sushi & Sake and goes there under the alias 'Captain Wasabi'.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:55 AM
federer has to play a tounament before the AO or he will lose his number two ranking which of course would give djokovich a big boost of confidence. kooyong is a good choice because it is the same surface as the AO i have no problem with that my problem is only playing 2 clay events before FO and not even trying to defend his MC didnt he make the finals....

He says he is all about the slams now....

Hummm, if it's about the points, why would Frauderer play Kooyong, as it's an exho?

CyBorg
12-03-2008, 05:32 AM
Too many painful Monte Carlo memories for Roger.

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Nice schedule Rog :yeah: Sampras slams record will be old news at the end of 2009 :cool:

Mimi
12-03-2008, 09:00 AM
can he delay his breaking of records till 2012? i wanted pete's records to stay for 10 years and not 7 years :sobbing:

Nice schedule Rog :yeah: Sampras slams record will be old news at the end of 2009 :cool:

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Nah, in 2012 it will Rafa's turn to break Fed slams record :shrug: :angel: :p

Crazy Girl
12-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I believe Roger was thinking through......and this is the result of a ponderate choise. Said that.....Montecarlo is always Montecarlo!:awww::awww:

Fed Express
12-03-2008, 09:55 AM

Kooyong: Great AO preparation. Remember how he lost there in 2007 experimenting with serve & volley, and then swept AO.

Monte Carlo: Nadal's best revenue and 1st clay 1000. 3 runner-ups are quite enough.

Davis Cup: Fedrinka showed potential in 2008 so Fed is aiming to win DC for Switzerland.

Tokyo: Near Shanghai. Fed loves Sushi & Sake and goes there under the alias 'Captain Wasabi'.Actually, Djoko will be at Halle:

http://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/players-field/spielerfeld-2009/

Stensland
12-03-2008, 09:56 AM
given that he's going to play kooyong, i don't understand why he chose to go to abu dhabi. it doesn't make sense to me.

Stensland
12-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks Federer for some wonderful matches in Hamburg, especially in 2007. ;) Guess you won't be back.

that's a bit weird. didn't he mention that he'll be back next year during the victory ceremony?

Foxy
12-03-2008, 10:07 AM

Tokyo: Near Shanghai. Fed loves Sushi & Sake and goes there under the alias 'Captain Wasabi'.

I thought Djoko would play Halle 2009? :scratch:

Nah, in 2012 it will Rafa's turn to break Fed slams record :shrug: :angel: :p

That's what we all hope for! :devil:

iriraz
12-03-2008, 10:20 AM
that's a bit weird. didn't he mention that he'll be back next year during the victory ceremony?

It will be hard for the tournament organisers to call any top player now since the tourney lost its Masters Series status.
Obviously Federer loves playing in Germany but if the tourney is relegated and moved in July,way past the clay season he won`t come

Julio
12-03-2008, 10:33 AM
Roger must receive some "extra dollars" to play every year Kooyong Exhibition.

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I thought Djoko would play Halle 2009? :scratch:

Faker is no match to Fed on grass anyway :shrug:

nobama
12-03-2008, 10:58 AM
that's a bit weird. didn't he mention that he'll be back next year during the victory ceremony?No way he plays an event on clay after Wimbledon.

Labamba
12-03-2008, 12:55 PM
given that he's going to play kooyong, i don't understand why he chose to go to abu dhabi. it doesn't make sense to me.

Abu Dhabi is paying some big bucks to get the stars:

http://www.tennisreporters.net/wrap_120108.html

Speaking of Federer and Roddick, both will play the Capitala World Tennis Championship exhibition in Abu Dhabi, January 1-3 along with Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Nikolay Davydenko and James Blake. Sources say that Federer and Nadal might be being paid more than $1 million apiece to compete, with the others not far behind. The next week, most of them will play the ATP tournament in Doha.

There is little doubt that the new ATP tournament in Brisbane and the historic Medibank International in Sydney are none too pleased. Guess what the lead is on the Sydney tournament’s home page: ‘Defending men’s singles champion, Russian Dmitry Tursunov, and American journeyman Mardy Fish are the latest confirmed starters for the Medibank International Sydney. Tursunov and Fish, ranked No. 22 and No.24 on the ATP Tour respectively, join four top 20 players in the event, including Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Gilles Simon, David Nalbandian and Tomas Berdych.” JOURNEYMAN Mardy Fish? Who’s going to buy a ticket based on that description?

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 01:04 PM

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:( :( :(

adee-gee
12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
23. November: London (Masters).

Keep dreaming son :hug:

dam0dred
12-03-2008, 03:23 PM
See you in Montreal, darling. :)

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:16 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

:( :( :(
Not to mention that the ATP has been negotiating with Abu Dhabi for sponsorship of the ATP tour. This exo and top players might be seen as a sweetener to try and get the deal.

If they do get the deal, expect an ATP event in Abu Dhabi in 2010 with a push for high player commitment.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Abu Dhabi is paying some big bucks to get the stars:

http://www.tennisreporters.net/wrap_120108.html

Speaking of Federer and Roddick, both will play the Capitala World Tennis Championship exhibition in Abu Dhabi, January 1-3 along with Rafael Nadal, Andy Murray, Nikolay Davydenko and James Blake. Sources say that Federer and Nadal might be being paid more than $1 million apiece to compete, with the others not far behind. The next week, most of them will play the ATP tournament in Doha.

That's stupid money. Especially for the players not called Federer and Nadal. They're the names that will bring people in. Doesn't matter who the other players are.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:22 PM
:rolleyes:

What a shit crowd this must be if they need top players to watch the tournament.

Who cares about those "top players". A bunch of phonies with their own agenda and no respect for the sport.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:24 PM

What a shit crowd this must be if they need top players to watch the tournament.

:shrug:

Venle
12-03-2008, 04:25 PM
No Stockholm :( :lol:

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM

Who cares about those "top players". A bunch of phonies with their own agenda and no respect for the sport.
The crowd levels will be interesting.

The evening sessions in Dubai are usually well attended but the day sessions not so much. Doha is usually pretty sparse until Friday and Saturday. Will be interested in seeing how many of the public want to turn out in Abu Dhabi. It's all very well chasing the money in the gulf states but sometimes the public interest is low and they play in large, empty stadiums.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:27 PM
:shrug:

You're part of those people, who think players are bigger than the sport.

You should be ashamed.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:31 PM
You're part of those people, who think players are bigger than the sport.

You should be ashamed.

You have no idea what I think. :)

Yves.
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
1: Why not Rotterdam?

2: Only three clay tournaments? No RG for you, Fed.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:33 PM
You have no idea what I think. :)

You're a Nadulltard, therefore you fangirls a mug player who stands against everything tennis is about.

No need to be Stephen Hawking to realise you also stand against everything tennis is about.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM

You're a Nadulltard, therefore you fangirls a mug player who stands against everything tennis is about.

No need to be Stephen Hawking to realise you also stand against everything tennis is about.

What do you think tennis is about?

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:38 PM
What do you think tennis is about?

Tennis has its nuances and means many things, but Nadull is definitely all tennis ISN'T ABOUT. :)

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Tennis has its nuances and means many things, but Nadull is definitely all tennis ISN'T ABOUT. :)

Why?

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Because he can't play tennis.

Do you want me to draw it to you, honey?

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:47 PM
MEANWHILE

Federer's 2009 schedule.

What chances of him adding to it or dropping some of it?

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides a bit down the line to play Monte Carlo. I don't expect Hamburg to feature, though, and wouldn't be surprised if he drops Tokyo later.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Because he can't play tennis.

But that is obviously untrue. He has played and won many matches in his career thus far :confused:

Do you want me to draw it to you, honey?

Sure.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
MEANWHILE

Federer's 2009 schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised if he decides a bit down the line to play Monte Carlo. I don't expect Hamburg to feature, though, and wouldn't be surprised if he drops Tokyo later.

He'll have to add to it if the top players are forced to play 4 "500" tournaments, because he currently only has 3.

Aenea
12-03-2008, 04:49 PM
The crowd levels will be interesting.

The evening sessions in Dubai are usually well attended but the day sessions not so much. Doha is usually pretty sparse until Friday and Saturday. Will be interested in seeing how many of the public want to turn out in Abu Dhabi. It's all very well chasing the money in the gulf states but sometimes the public interest is low and they play in large, empty stadiums.

In Dubai there is no such thing like "day" and "night" session. You buy one ticket and it's valid for the entire day, you chose which matches to attend. I find this pretty stupid because many ppl buy tickets only to attend the night matches and even if there are others who want to watch day matches they can't since all the tickets are sold out but you see the stadium is empty :shrug: I don't know if the management will change this for the next season.

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:50 PM
In Dubai there is no such thing like "day" and "night" session. You buy one ticket and it's valid for the entire day, you chose which matches to attend. I find this pretty stupid because many ppl buy tickets only to attend the night matches and even if there are others who want to watch day matches they can't since all the tickets are sold out :shrug: I don't know if the management will change this for the next season.
That is slightly strange as it does mean there's empty seats all day...

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Come on, he won't bother with RG anymore so MC is useless :shrug: what matters from now on is 2 more slams. Period :)

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Come on, he won't bother with RG anymore so MC is useless :shrug: what matters from now on is 2 more slams. Period :)
Depends which of his somewhat contradictory goals he is most serious about - being just about the slams or getting back to #1 - he can't afford to dump the points from MC last year if he's serious about getting back to #1.

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 04:57 PM
What's the point in getting back to #1 apart from "saving" the sport? :confused: :shrug: :p

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
1: Why not Rotterdam?

It was reported in the Dutch press that Fed didn't even answer Krajicek when he got the invitation. :o :lol:

2: Only three clay tournaments? No RG for you, Fed.

I don't think it will make any difference. This year he even added Estoril to the Monte Carlo/Rome/Hamburg-string (to enhance his clay performance? uhm hm... :rolleyes:) and we all know how it ended up at RG - a total demolition job...

I wouldn't be all too surprised if Fed himself realizes very well that his chances of ever winning RG are close to zero as long as Rafa is around in good form.

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:58 PM
What's the point in getting back to #1 apart from "saving" the sport? :confused: :shrug: :p
Don't ask me - his words - being sick of being #2 - doesn't feel right - yada yada.

I don't think he was saying he wanted to be #3....

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 05:00 PM
MEANWHILE

Federer's 2009 schedule.

Seconded. I think a lot of it will depend on how he does the first three months of 2009 - as you say, if he's indeed serious about getting that #1 position back (:confused:), he can't afford to just dump all those MC points.

Igaarg
12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
To win the FO, Federer doesn`t need more clay tournaments and preparation, his problem is more mental I believe.

Garson007
12-03-2008, 06:07 PM
He'll have to add to it if the top players are forced to play 4 "500" tournaments, because he currently only has 3.
Logic would dictate that no player is forced to do anything of the sort, he will however lose any chance of putting on any points in that category.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 06:17 PM
Logic would dictate that no player is forced to do anything of the sort, he will however lose any chance of putting on any points in that category.

Who knows what the ATP will do :tears:

tangerine_dream
12-03-2008, 06:18 PM
:lol: Roger skipping the oh-so-wonderful Monte Carlo. So much for trying to regain number one. I guess he should just focus on Davis Cup now.

BlueSwan
12-03-2008, 06:57 PM
I don't get his clay schedule at all. So far Roger has appeared to actually get better and better on clay. Even in his monofed form this year he managed a final at RG, final at Monte-Carlo, final at Hamburg and an admittedly cheap win in Estoril. Arguably clay was his BEST surface in 2008. He can't dominate on hard courts anymore - he's lost a step and too many players have hard courts as their favourite surface. But he's still by far the second best clay courter around, so why only play two warm-up events to RG and skip Monte Carlo where he has made the finals three times in a row. He's appears to now be taking the Sampras approach to winning RG and we all know how that went. Giving up on RG is stupid. Should Nadal momentarily lose form, experience a freak upset or get injured, Roger would be huge favourite to win RG.

Sunset of Age
12-03-2008, 07:06 PM
Giving up on RG is stupid. Should Nadal momentarily lose form, experience a freak upset or get injured, Roger would be huge favourite to win RG.

Well, Roger played four tournaments on clay before RG this year, and all he got there was a massive *spanking*, unprecendented in a GS final. So it won't make much of a difference if he plays two, four, or maybe twenty tournaments on clay - winning RG is NOT in his own hands. However much better he got on the surface, Rafa is by far the superior player on clay, and he knows it. I wouldn't call it 'giving up on RG', though... rather call it 'being realistic about one's chances'.

Corey Feldman
12-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Monte Carlo lost its TMS status... so why waste time with it? maybe he shoulda played Barcelona

playing DC always meant he would skip Rotterdam as well

nobama
12-03-2008, 11:08 PM
I don't get his clay schedule at all. So far Roger has appeared to actually get better and better on clay. Even in his monofed form this year he managed a final at RG, final at Monte-Carlo, final at Hamburg and an admittedly cheap win in Estoril. Arguably clay was his BEST surface in 2008. He can't dominate on hard courts anymore - he's lost a step and too many players have hard courts as their favourite surface. But he's still by far the second best clay courter around, so why only play two warm-up events to RG and skip Monte Carlo where he has made the finals three times in a row. He's appears to now be taking the Sampras approach to winning RG and we all know how that went. Giving up on RG is stupid. Should Nadal momentarily lose form, experience a freak upset or get injured, Roger would be huge favourite to win RG.I don't think the # of tournaments matters in terms of Roger winning RG. Clearly playing an extra tournament this year didn't help. :o IMO if he's ever going to win RG, it won't be because of the perfect preparation. It will be because everything just happened to fall into place - lots of luck.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 11:51 PM
But that is obviously untrue. He has played and won many matches in his career thus far :confused:

Sure.

He plays anti-tennis.

In the 90s he'd never win a slam.

That's a pretty decent goal in itself.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 11:56 PM
In the 90s he'd never win a slam.

Fair point. But then, there's not many kids aged 4-14 that win Slams. I mean, 90-92 he'd still be smaller than the net :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
12-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Fair point. But then, there's not many kids aged 4-14 that win Slams. I mean, 90-92 he'd still be smaller than the net :shrug:

Was this an attempt at being funny?

Incest is funnier than this attempt at a joke.

If Nadull played in the 90s he'd be at 0 slams, or at most a fluke slam.

MrChopin
12-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Glad to read some of "French is not happening. He's probably given up because he hasn't scheduled Monte Carlo yet. Only cares about DC now." These opinions aren't dissimilar to those made last year about him never winning another slam, or how he should skip USO and retool his game. Ultimately, this kind of public attitude will only help him, so please, tards, keep saying that he has no chance to win RG.

Sunset of Age
12-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Glad to read some of "French is not happening. He's probably given up because he hasn't scheduled Monte Carlo yet. Only cares about DC now." These opinions aren't dissimilar to those made last year about him never winning another slam, or how he should skip USO and retool his game. Ultimately, this kind of public attitude will only help him, so please, tards, keep saying that he has no chance to win RG.

You might have misunderstood my comment, or rather, I might have well expressed myself poorly. Sorry about that, if you addressed your comment at me. If not, nothing said, no damage done. :angel:

I've never said he has 'no' chance, but mere reality forces me to admit that, indeed, his chances are rather meagre against a fully fit Rafa, who might very well be the best clay-court player (and beyond that!) we've seen in decades. That doesn't at all means to indicate any a misdemeanor, insult, or anything the like, against Roger - I in fact happen to think that he's been the undisputed #2 Clay Courter for the past four years, as three RG finals and one semi-final tell his tale pretty well (uh, Mr. Sampras, where have you been at THIS point? Nowhere, eh? :p) - but well, let's just face it - beating a fully fit Rafa at RG? No Friggin' Chance In Hell. :shrug: :angel: