Controversies in the 2008 Arse Clown Champs [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Controversies in the 2008 Arse Clown Champs

Naranoc
12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Possibly the most controversial contest to date, particularly once we got to the final stages. What went wrong? Whose fault was it that it did go wrong? (If it went wrong at all).

Poll coming up.

Thanos
12-01-2008, 11:51 PM
still not up

El Legenda
12-01-2008, 11:53 PM
24 hour-total votes should have been used for the final..yeah doing it in a tennis format is unique...the Yugo was unique too, well we all know how that worked out.

2008 ACC= total bust
i hope you people dont try to push the same lame product next year...you got 11months to work out a new system.

rocketassist
12-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Incompetent voters- Xristos should not have beaten Burrow and MY (MTF's biggest clowns) , but because he bad repped a few people, he beat them :cuckoo:

scoobs
12-02-2008, 12:01 AM
People are always unwilling to accept a democratic verdict :sad:

TMJordan
12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit

LinkMage
12-02-2008, 12:02 AM
It's all iMac's fault. :o

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 12:03 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (2)

luie
12-02-2008, 12:04 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (3)

psichogaucho
12-02-2008, 12:13 AM
The tribe has spoken. Stop whining.

luie
12-02-2008, 12:16 AM
The tribe has spoken. Stop whining.
The nadulltard tribe. The match was over before many got a chance to vote. It is as if they bookmarked the exact time of the voting & made themselves available to do just that.:o

adee-gee
12-02-2008, 12:21 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (4)

GWH is the main one to blame. I also threw in a bit of Clydey blame for fun :D

l_mac is being harshly treated, she had only a small part to play.

federernadalfan
12-02-2008, 12:22 AM
all of the above

fast_clay
12-02-2008, 12:24 AM
i cant be friends with glennmirnyi anyone because people might think i am an arse clown too... this should not have happened like this... i am pretty gutted... seeya mate...

elessar
12-02-2008, 12:25 AM
This is getting ridiculous, everyone blaming Linda just because of all the PMs she sent :rolleyes: I'm sure she was just kidding and it had no impact on the voters for god's sakes

Black Adam
12-02-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't think GWH should be in charge of next year's event.

bad gambler
12-02-2008, 12:32 AM
The future of this competition looks bleak

MrChopin
12-02-2008, 12:36 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (5)

Albop
12-02-2008, 12:37 AM
ACC is dead.

its.like.that
12-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Jenni campaigning for next year?

;)

JolánGagó
12-02-2008, 12:40 AM
This is getting ridiculous, everyone blaming Linda just because of all the PMs she sent :rolleyes: I'm sure she was just kidding and it had no impact on the voters for god's sakes

ACC bitching at its best :lol: this is what this contest is worth following for :cool:

There were clueless voters: poor X making the final is the joke of the year. About GHW final attempt at coup d'etat almost everything has been said already, it was gross to say the least.

But the main fault for this clownesqueish final lays on Clydey. His relentless repetitive rantings about evolution and gayness dumbed out most of the contest voters, unable to make their brain function properly in front of such a tsunami of toxic bullshit.

elessar
12-02-2008, 12:44 AM
ACC bitching at its best :lol: this is what this contest is worth following for :cool:

Yes, and now Linda felt so bad she went ahead and deleted all her posts campaigning for posters, well done people :retard:

Naranoc
12-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Jenni campaigning for next year?

;)

:lol: My interest in this contest for the past week and a half or so has definitely been one big, arseclownish campaign :cool:. I'm hoping to win a round next year.

fast_clay
12-02-2008, 12:50 AM
i actually think there should be a qualification tournament next year...

l_mac
12-02-2008, 01:09 AM
Claire :lol: :armed:

Why is LinkMage whining on the results thread when he voted for GM?

Arkulari
12-02-2008, 01:17 AM
come on people!
this is meant to be a funny thing, a space to make fun of one another, I was nominated and even if I didn't go past second round I had a lot of fun on that :lol:
no need to take it so seriously :o
I like Gu a lot and yet I voted for him! :lol:

JolánGagó
12-02-2008, 01:22 AM
This is my first ACC and I've had great fun, never posted so much.

That said, the seedings were ridiculous, who in his right mind would seriously argue a semi-unknown newbie like me should get a 9th seed? :scratch:

LinkMage
12-02-2008, 01:30 AM
Claire :lol: :armed:

Why is LinkMage whining on the results thread when he voted for GM?

I voted for GM before realising you rigged the match. The match was close in the 2nd set and in set point 2 big Nadull fangirls (Metis and widergirl05) came at the right time to vote for GM. I'm sure you told them to go vote before someone else voted for Xristos and he took the 2nd set. :rolleyes:

Winnipeg
12-02-2008, 01:33 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (6)

l_mac
12-02-2008, 01:34 AM
I voted for GM before realising you rigged the match. The match was close in the 2nd set and in set point 2 big Nadull fangirls (Metis and widergirl05) came at the right time to vote for GM. I'm sure you told them to go vote before someone else voted for Xristos and he took the 2nd set. :rolleyes:

I didn't even have to tell them. I just shut my eyes, thought really hard and up their two votes popped :eek: :shrug:

Garson007
12-02-2008, 01:35 AM
GU WON!!!!!!! You guys can go back and check the first round, I slated him as my fav to win. He did! :D I should get into gambling. :p

scoobs
12-02-2008, 01:36 AM
I didn't even have to tell them. I just shut my eyes, thought really hard and up their two votes popped :eek: :shrug:
It's amazing how much credit they give you, l_mac :lol:

They don't realise how useless you really are at all :)

El Legenda
12-02-2008, 01:36 AM
. What went wrong? Whose fault was it that it did go wrong? (If it went wrong at all).

Poll coming up.

well you promised to do it with all the losers and didnt do it...so its your fault for not being a whore...:wavey:

Clydey
12-02-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm obviously to blame.

Mimi
12-02-2008, 01:38 AM
you should feel honourable for getting such high seed, it must be that George admires you a lot, you must be playing like Gaudio :p
This is my first ACC and I've had great fun, never posted so much.

That said, the seedings were ridiculous, who in his right mind would seriously argue a semi-unknown newbie like me should get a 9th seed? :scratch:

GhostUnholy
12-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Just from a new posters perspective, GlennMirnyi posts so much that every last poster had to be aware of his antics, and before looking into non tennis and checking out the music threads and stuff I thought he was a huge douche. :angel: As soon as I saw the contest thing a few days ago I was pretty sure he was going to win, even though apparently some of you didn't.

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 02:29 AM
What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (7)

GhostUnholy
12-02-2008, 02:30 AM

What a beautiful statement. It brings tears to my eyes. I'm in.

What the fuck is this? This is bullshit. (8)

Hurley
12-02-2008, 02:34 AM

Second vote in one 12-hour period. I smell campaigning. Penalty! One vote added to the Clydey option.

Jimnik
12-02-2008, 02:43 AM
The final was a joke, the voters incompetent. BOTH of the contestants didn't belong there.Sums it up perfectly.

The voters were incompetent - that's all there was to it. If they were influenced by L-Mac or anyone else that only confirms what clowns they are.

Johnny Groove
12-02-2008, 02:49 AM
Georgie should still run it next year

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 02:51 AM
Sums it up perfectly.

The voters were incompetent - that's all there was to it. If they were influenced by L-Mac or anyone else that only confirms what clowns they are.

Why have you edited your post?

cobalt60
12-02-2008, 02:51 AM
The contest is suppose to be a joke. Can't help it if lobbiests can't STFU. That's how a democracy works. I am ready for next year.

Fee
12-02-2008, 02:52 AM
Well I believe that Xristos absolutely believed to be there, for many reasons. Gu did not deserve to be there, half of his clowning is pure acting, just like RFK, and he should have been gone by the Round of 16. Fedfan v Xristos would have been epic and produced a deserving winner.

12 hour voting periods might have prevented some of this crap too (although I'm still trying to find out exactly what happened between Thursday and Sunday while I was gone).

cobalt60
12-02-2008, 03:01 AM
Well I believe that Xristos absolutely believed to be there, for many reasons. Gu did not deserve to be there, half of his clowning is pure acting, just like RFK, and he should have been gone by the Round of 16. Fedfan v Xristos would have been epic and produced a deserving winner.

12 hour voting periods might have prevented some of this crap too (although I'm still trying to find out exactly what happened between Thursday and Sunday while I was gone).

Not sure you should waste your time. Unless your curiousity needs to get the better of you ;)

fast_clay
12-02-2008, 03:02 AM
this competition was just one big giant clown shoe... so much rage... a lot of angry clowns in here... :lol:

Johnny Groove
12-02-2008, 03:21 AM
It really was. It was the biggest ACC yet and I thought it was great.

Guy Haines
12-02-2008, 03:26 AM

Now we're getting somewhere -- both the final and its outcome have to have been a matter of styles of clowning. Also, the surface on which this year's ACC was played must have been a major factor. Was it:

1) slow grass
2) an ice rink with thin carpet on top or...
3) fast clay?

I'd think #2.

If it was in fact played on one of 2008's most popular surfaces, blue clay, then maybe Xristos got so caught up in a discussion of what hue of blue it was -- Mood Indigo or Sapphire Sparkle? -- that Glenn had S&V'd his way through the first and much of the second before X even stepped on court.

I'm surprised X was even in the final -- even if you think he deserved it, this hasn't been his liveliest year.

Fee
12-02-2008, 04:19 AM
No but Xristos made up in quality what he lacked in quantity - having his thread deleted at his own request, then making 3 attempts to resurrect old 'goodbye mtf' threads and make them his new home; crying when people didn't thank him enough for posting pictures of people's clothes; arguing about the shade of purple on Federer's shirt (did Fed ever actually wear that shirt yet or is it next year's?); bad repping everyone who voted for him and threatening to fight Jonathan after the QF's; posts that said nothing but VAMOS and B U M P; believing that people were seriously supporting him; coming up with hundreds of excuses for chickening out of Futures tournaments; losing to 46 year olds; and taking himself far too seriously in all the wrong ways.

Sheesh, that's an impressive list, even more impressive considering he's actually on my ignore list and I don't even need to read his posts to see his clownishness.

El Legenda
12-02-2008, 04:22 AM
http://forum.alsacreations.com/upload/2043-fail-camera.jpg

FedFan_2007
12-02-2008, 04:28 AM
This ACC is the biggest bullshit ever. I will not accept arseclowns passing judgment on me!

Fee
12-02-2008, 04:41 AM
This ACC is the biggest bullshit ever. I will not accept arseclowns passing judgment on me!

Oh shut up.

El Legenda
12-02-2008, 05:06 AM

eat shit clown.

Serenidad
12-02-2008, 05:26 AM
The controversy is that l_mac lost. Period.

Aloimeh
12-02-2008, 05:41 AM
How was seeding determined?

finishingmove
12-02-2008, 07:06 AM
good poll options.

i voted for all.

Mimi
12-02-2008, 07:17 AM
decided by PMK is Innocent i guess, by the way, long time no see, Aloimeh :wavey:

finishingmove
12-02-2008, 07:19 AM
we want ACC playoffs now.

for all the bitter clowns that lost before their time.

Snoo Foo
12-02-2008, 07:34 AM
let's do four more ACCs before hopman cup :rocker2:

Naranoc
12-02-2008, 07:36 AM
well you promised to do it with all the losers and didnt do it...so its your fault for not being a whore...:wavey:

The contest's over Jerry :lol: :retard:

TMJordan
12-02-2008, 07:38 AM
Don't waste your time on that douche, Jen. :D

adee-gee
12-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Is George in hiding? :lol:

Mimi
12-02-2008, 08:48 AM
why hiding? he does not like the result? he wanted Fedfan to win? :eek::p
Is George in hiding? :lol:

l_mac
12-02-2008, 08:50 AM
No but Xristos made up in quality what he lacked in quantity - having his thread deleted at his own request, then making 3 attempts to resurrect old 'goodbye mtf' threads and make them his new home; crying when people didn't thank him enough for posting pictures of people's clothes; arguing about the shade of purple on Federer's shirt (did Fed ever actually wear that shirt yet or is it next year's?); bad repping everyone who voted for him and threatening to fight Jonathan after the QF's; posts that said nothing but VAMOS and B U M P; believing that people were seriously supporting him; coming up with hundreds of excuses for chickening out of Futures tournaments; losing to 46 year olds; and taking himself far too seriously in all the wrong ways.

Sheesh, that's an impressive list, even more impressive considering he's actually on my ignore list and I don't even need to read his posts to see his clownishness.
It was Nadal's shirt, not Federer's.

All these things about X were pointed out many, many times in various ACC threads and the voters didn't come out for him :shrug:

Alo :eek:

leng jai
12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
This ACC sucked because I was never around during voting.

Mimi
12-02-2008, 08:54 AM
you couldn't vote for your beloved X right? ;)
This ACC sucked because I was never around during voting.

leng jai
12-02-2008, 08:58 AM
X being in the final is the joke of the century. Just shows how much everyone is tired of his lame antics.

I wanted Fedfan or Linda to win. Gu being in the final is a disgrace as well, people here can't seem to figure out which posters who are clowns by choice rather than clown by nature.

Thanos
12-02-2008, 09:02 AM
X being in the final is the joke of the century. Just shows how much everyone is tired of his lame antics.

I wanted Fedfan or Linda to win. Gu being in the final is a disgrace as well, people here can't seem to figure out which posters who are clowns by choice rather than clown by nature.

that should have been the final but both matches were rigged.

Mimi
12-02-2008, 09:02 AM
posters have 2 main and different criteria for picking the clowns, some picked those who are really funny/silly/harmless, some picked those who they dislike

leng jai
12-02-2008, 09:18 AM
posters have 2 main and different criteria for picking the clowns, some picked those who are really funny/silly/harmless, some picked those who they dislike

Exactly, that is the inherent flaw of the ACC.

HeretiC
12-02-2008, 09:25 AM
I just wonder what the summary stats for ACC are:

1. Were more people had fun over those who had a miserable time? If yes, was it worth it?
2. The number of an insults in a single thread exceeded the sum of an insults in GM through whole year. Some bad blood renewed and many new ones were created. Is any of that going to be forgiven and forgotten or the effects of that will haunt MTF discussions for the whole next year?
3. Are any of the posters feeling liberated and better after being allowed to "blow some steam off" their systems by using unrestricted and unlimited vocabulary over fellow posters? Are there ones who are feeling bad or ashamed for "seizing" the opportunity to unleash themselves?
4. Are there more positive effects (and what are those if any at all) over negative ones?
5. Are more posters pro or contra this kind of "competitions"?
6. And for the end: What the fuck is this? Is this is a bullshit? Or a real deal?

I am quite curious what would majority of the posters on this forum answer on these questions, but somehow I doubt that we will read many serious answers. :shrug:

Nathaliia
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
What a bitter thread :lol:

I loved this ACC, had great time which was a great relief from real-life frustrations, met many new people, posed in lingerie for JM, and the winner is one of my favourite people on MTF (not necessarily posters... I try to omit his General Messages stuff haha).

bokehlicious
12-02-2008, 09:55 AM

I loved this ACC, had great time which was a great relief from real-life frustrations, met many new people, posed in lingerie for JM, and the winner is one of my favourite people on MTF (not necessarily posters... I try to omit his General Messages stuff haha).

That was indeed the most exciting ACC moment :o :D :p

Mimi
12-02-2008, 10:04 AM
can you share the photos with us ? :lick::drool:

Bibberz
12-02-2008, 10:24 AM

Yup. I didn't get a chance to vote in the final, but I would have voted "X" because of everything Xristos has ever done on MTF. I don't feel inclined to only take into consideration just this calendar year even if this is the 2008 ACC. That would be nearly impossible to do anyway. I won't pretend otherwise.

A clown is a clown is a clown is a clown. Why should any of the voters care that Glenn is a sweetheart when he's on MSN, Facebook, NT, etc.? If anything, the fact that he knows better and is a clown "by choice" makes him a worthier candidate. As far as I'm concerned, the ACC should go to the person who acts like the biggest clown. I still think X is a bigger clown, but whatever. Vamos Glenn. As his hero might say, "The day is his!"

FedFan would have been a fine candidate. I think MY was definitely overrated. Linda makes me laugh when she's trying to be funny--as opposed to just laughing at X for being a clown--so I wouldn't vote for her in most situations. Taking into account how most voters vote, yes, Linda should have gone far. I get that.

scoobs
12-02-2008, 10:41 AM
A clown is a clown is a clown is a clown. Why should any of the voters care that Glenn is a sweetheart when he's on MSN, Facebook, NT, etc.? If anything, the fact that he knows better and is a clown "by choice" makes him a worthier candidate. As far as I'm concerned, the ACC should go to the person who acts like the biggest clown. I still think X is a bigger clown, but whatever. Vamos Glenn. As his hero might say, "The day is his!"

Amen, brother.

leng jai
12-02-2008, 11:17 AM
A clown who clearly doesn't realise what they are spewing is clown speak is clearly a bigger clown than someone who is deliberately being a clown to piss certain people off.

JolánGagó
12-02-2008, 11:48 AM
A clown who clearly doesn't realise what they are spewing is clown speak is clearly a bigger clown than someone who is deliberately being a clown to piss certain people off.

I think exactly the opposite.

Anyway it's a matter of personal taste and inclination whether to mock someone who clearly suffers from some kind of mental challenge or reward the hard work of the on purpose clown. I see no big point in the former really, what are you rewarding? Genetics? The guy cant do better. On other hand the on purpose one can decide whether to act clownish or not. If he/she decides to act clownish it should be properly acknowledged and rewarded.

On purpose clowns' tamtrums for being rewarded as such are pathetic if they aren't part of the clownish performance.

tennizen
12-02-2008, 01:21 PM
:rolls: Everyone wants to impose their views of clowndom on the others. Well since everyone is stating their opinion, I am going to do it too. I vote for people that annoy me during the whole year. Sometimes I know they are doing it intentionally and sometimes people just annoy me by being. I don't care for any other criterion. No one clown is greater than the other in any way.

And I didn't particularly find Glenn to be such a sweetheart on NT too. The thing is that he is so obnoxious on GM that even basic politeness from him on NT makes him a darling in everyone's eyes:lol:

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 01:49 PM

Why didn't you post this before? ;)

buddyholly
12-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Sounds like MTF is having a Bangkok moment.

A minority does not like the majority decision, so wants the winner ousted.

In Thailand, no decision is taken without the king's approval, so it is up to PMK to give thumbs up or thumbs down on the result.

Johnny Groove
12-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Was PMK assassinated?

l_mac
12-02-2008, 07:15 PM
FedFan would have been a fine candidate. I think MY was definitely overrated. Linda makes me laugh when she's trying to be funny--as opposed to just laughing at X for being a clown--so I wouldn't vote for her in most situations. Taking into account how most voters vote, yes, Linda should have gone far. I get that.
I did go far - I won 4 rounds.

But Glenn thinks all the drivel he spouts about Nadal and Djokovic is true :shrug: A lot of people disagree with him :shrug: I have no doubt at all that most of what he posts on GM is put there to antagonise a large section of the board, and it has worked and now he's got his reward.

BigJohn
12-02-2008, 08:16 PM
This contest had it all. Lots of fun, desperate attention whores trying to steal the show, people doing a little bit better than they really wanted, dramatic exits, bitching, flirting (well, if you can call it that)... Good fun.

When the shit hit the fan, IMO, is when PMK tried to impose a line of voting with his own vote in the semi (too much clownish results already...) , then tried to rig the results at the end, to no avail. That soured it a bit for me.

But then, a very very very deserving winner was voted the biggest AC... All is good? NO... A bunch of grampa Simpsons start to whine about the results as if the voters sabotaged the 2008 edition of this most glorious contest. :rolleyes:

wildegirl05
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM
i like Gu but the idea that he's not a deserving winner is rather ludicrous, imo. regardless of what fanbase you're from, it's next to impossible to have a discussion with him about tennis on gm (couple of threads excluded). throughout this contest, he's been bragging about blowing away the competition, and the members of the seeding committee obviously also thought he was a bigger ac than x. so the voters are to blame for what, exactly? rewarding his year-long arse clowning with a title he appeared to have coveted all along? if we're not to vote for those who are only arse clowning on purpose, then they shouldn't be in the main draw in the first place :shrug:

cobalt60
12-02-2008, 08:31 PM
No one is ever completely happy :awww:
Now who would be a good helper for GW for next year :scratch: Someone without an agenda, no biases and who gets along with everyone :lol: ;)

l_mac
12-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Now who would be a good helper for GW for next year :scratch: Someone without an agenda, no biases and who gets along with everyone :lol: ;)

Judio!

wildegirl05
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM

well when you put it that way, mikey :D minus his blackmarket v-betting of course ;)

l_mac
12-02-2008, 09:09 PM
well when you put it that way, mikey :D minus his blackmarket v-betting of course ;)

wg :lol:

BigJohn
12-02-2008, 09:16 PM

Nanoroc. I think she was involved a lot anyway

GlennMirnyi
12-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Poor Jenni, she deserves a lot better than that for her life.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 12:00 AM
She fitted that description best:

Someone without an agenda, no biases and who gets along with everyone

Only agenda known: making a few rounds next year. And she really enjoyed the whole thing I think. Just a suggestion.

finishingmove
12-03-2008, 12:02 AM
she was involved in early round match fixing.

next.

Byrd
12-03-2008, 12:03 AM
Did Georgie boy have a mental breakdown or something? :haha: :haha: :haha:

El Legenda
12-03-2008, 12:35 AM
A whore cannot run the ACC.

:wavey:

Action Jackson
12-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Sounds like MTF is having a Bangkok moment.

A minority does not like the majority decision, so wants the winner ousted.

In Thailand, no decision is taken without the king's approval, so it is up to PMK to give thumbs up or thumbs down on the result.

The result is not being changed.

Naranoc
12-03-2008, 12:55 AM
It's OK, I'm fine with my level of participation in the ACC as it is :p. If posters want the control over the contest to be spread out a bit more, then perhaps a trial tourny can be collectively organised mid-way through next year (ACC doubles or something), and we'll see how that works out.

cobalt60
12-03-2008, 01:03 AM
Jennie I agree with Big John- you would be great :yeah:

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 01:14 AM
A whore cannot run the ACC.

:wavey:

Look who's talking... :rolleyes:

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 01:19 AM
The champion is the only one who can legally have any right to choose who runs the tournament.

cobalt60
12-03-2008, 01:24 AM
The champion is the only one who can legally have any right to choose who runs the tournament.

And you choose............................................ ......?

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 01:26 AM
I prefer to exert my right to keep it to myself until the proper moment.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 01:30 AM

Pretty close to how the newly bought Djokovic tournament will be run, isn't it?

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 01:31 AM
Pretty close to how the newly bought Djokovic tournament will be run, isn't it?

No, I'm not a Faker.

El Legenda
12-03-2008, 03:04 AM
Look who's talking... :rolleyes:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 03:33 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

What the hell is that supposed to mean? :confused:

Fee
12-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Why didn't you post this before? ;)

Hmmm... because I was away for the Thanksgiving holiday with my family and not getting online for four days, and the final was started and finished while I was still at work. Probably wouldn't have helped you considering the expertise of your campaign manager. Oh, and the fact that you pissed everyone off a lot in the last few months.

I have to admit I am really surprised you won. You're repetitive to the point of being boring with nadull this, faker that, bring back real tennis, and so on. The only difference between you and RFK is that you are more intelligent and perform your act better in GM, I thought you would lose the same time he did for pretty much the same reason.

Perhaps leng jai has a point, if you are just putting on an act, then you have been rewarded for the quality of your act, like Dustin Hoffman getting an Academy Award for Rain Man. C'est la vie.

Or, we could consider this just a Slam and still do a round robin masters cup with the Top 8. ;)

I'm kidding.

El Legenda
12-03-2008, 04:09 AM
What the hell is that supposed to mean? :confused:

whatever you wanted it to mean, jackass :rolleyes:

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 04:47 AM
whatever you wanted it to mean, jackass :rolleyes:

If I am a jackass for defending a nice girl from an unwarranted attack from a d-bag who whorishly campaigned during ACC yet failed to make the final rounds, then sure, I am jackass. :)

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:52 AM
I don't really think Jen needs some Canadian mountebank to defend her.

She's a brummie, she'd probably stab you in the face before you could even check her face out.

GhostUnholy
12-03-2008, 04:53 AM

She's a brummie, she'd probably stab you in the face before you could even check her face out.

Be careful what you say about canadians, one of us might drag you off to our igloo and feed you to a polar bear. :p

El Legenda
12-03-2008, 05:54 AM
If I am a jackass for defending a nice girl from an unwarranted attack from a d-bag who whorishly campaigned during ACC yet failed to make the final rounds, then sure, I am jackass. :)

:rolleyes:

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Be careful what you say about canadians, one of us might drag you off to our igloo and feed you to a polar bear. :p

That wasn't a generalisation.

prima donna
12-03-2008, 06:39 AM
Hahahaha.

GhostUnholy
12-03-2008, 06:44 AM
That wasn't a generalisation.

No, but mine was :p

Castafiore
12-03-2008, 08:14 AM
The only difference between you and RFK is that you are more intelligent and perform your act better in GM
By being even more repetitive. It takes a mighty stretch of the imagination to use the word "intelligent" in this context.

Mimi
12-03-2008, 08:21 AM
its hard for me to tell whether the posters are "acting" or that they are serious, coz sometimes you may forget to "act"? and show your real character :shrug:

Perhaps leng jai has a point, if you are just putting on an act, then you have been rewarded for the quality of your act, like Dustin Hoffman getting an Academy Award for Rain Man. C'est la vie.

I'm kidding.

Mimi
12-03-2008, 08:29 AM
I do believe Glenn is a knowledgeable guy, but his "nadul" act takes away much of his merits :tape:

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 02:52 PM

How exactly am I a montebank?

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 03:15 PM
I could also phrase it as: you're a phony.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
I did not ask for a synonym...

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Didn't you?

Maybe I could say charlatan too, to complete the list.

Hummm, you're a Fakertard, you're automatically qualified as mountebank.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Didn't you?

Maybe I could say charlatan too, to complete the list.

Hummm, you're a Fakertard, you're automatically qualified as mountebank.

Fakertard, moi?

Now, without being a smart ass or anything, really, what the hell do you mean by that? Because if it means being a fan of Djokovic in any way, then, dear ACC winner, you are WAY off.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, keep being a phony. It will help your argument. ;)

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Gu, BigJohn's a Fedtard :o ;)

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Doubt it. I've checked the posts. This guy said Faker is going to defend the TMC next year. :rolleyes:

scoobs
12-03-2008, 03:58 PM
On an unrelated note, I am fully in support of Gu's resurrection of the word "Mountebank" into general discourse.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 03:59 PM
:worship:

I'm also bringing back "brigand" and "rogue".

bokehlicious
12-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Doubt it. I've checked the posts. This guy said Faker is going to defend the TMC next year. :rolleyes:

Even Fedtards aren't perfect :shrug: :p

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:03 PM
No decent person would affirm something like that.

l_mac
12-03-2008, 04:04 PM

He's still a Fedtard. And he likes Roddick.

He hates Djokovic. Ask the Noletrolls - they can't stand him. :awww:

~Maya~

:haha: No way.

BigJohn

Sure. Then you have never used moonballer to describe any player. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I make fun of him because he can't defent titles, he is faking his hugs... that is why the only bad reps I receive are from Noletrolls who cry because I am always so mean to Djokovic. It all makes sense: I'm his biggest fan. :worship:

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Still, your irony was weak and that affirms you as a rogue.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 04:09 PM
OMG, you are so full of shit. This reminds me of an earlier "discussion" we have had before. I told you you were just a bully who like to argue. And now I might add even when he doesn't have a point and doesn't make any freaking sense.

That's why you're the champ.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Even Fedtards aren't perfect :shrug: :p

Do not believe his lies.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Here's the proof you're a brigand.

We should all be thankful that we saw that final, it was a great show. And we should all be thankful that te result of this final lead to a new avatar for GlennMirnyi. No more Radek.

I love Federer, but I can also appreciate all the positive that came from this day.

:retard:

You need to be a huge :retard: to think someone should be thankful of watching that crap match, or even appreciate the day tennis died.

Phony.

the biscuit
12-03-2008, 04:32 PM
Gu, maybe he just doesn't hate Rafa with the fire of a 1000 suns. :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 04:36 PM
If he doesn't hate Nadull and his anti-tennis, then he's a rogue just the same. :)

adee-gee
12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
:lol: Glenda justifying his title :D

scoobs
12-03-2008, 04:57 PM
:lol: Glenda justifying his title :D
I think it's nice that he's embraced it.

tangerine_dream
12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Now that I've had a chance to read up on what's been going on with the ACC while I was busy celebrating Thanksgiving, can somebody please post a list of who these followers of Linda are? Is this some new weird cult that sprang out of the ACC loins? They sound annoying and I'd like to avoid them in the future.

Garson007
12-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Linda has no followers; she's all lonely by herself. :sad:

Gu, one can like tennis for its variety of style without sticking with one specific one. Even though you might like one style more than any other, you can still appreciate the other styles for what they are. It’s like liking pepperoni on a pizza more than any other toping but still willing to eat the other pizzas.

Edit: Crazy-Girl is campaigning a bit late, eh? She's terrible. :o

martine2
12-03-2008, 06:20 PM
:eek: :eek: I missed most of the ACC competition but from what I've read just now I missed quite something :lol:

I don't think Gu's a clown but I now he wanted to win so I'm glad for him :angel:
and as for GWH, it's his competition so he's the one to run it (and he does that well)

jayjay
12-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Gu, one can like tennis for its variety of style without sticking with one specific one. Even though you might like one style more than any other, you can still appreciate the other styles for what they are. It’s like liking pepperoni on a pizza more than any other toping but still willing to eat the other pizzas.

No, no, no. Gustavo likes everything to be boxed and generalised, you can't appreciate or like more than one of anything. And maybe it's quite fitting that the box he currently resides in is labelled - Arse Clown.

I'm sure he wouldn't disagree that he is any different from any other Arse Clown champion. They are all one and the same. No?

Naranoc
12-03-2008, 07:03 PM
:eek: :eek: I missed most of the ACC competition but from what I've read just now I missed quite something :lol:

I don't think Gu's a clown but I now he wanted to win so I'm glad for him :angel:
and as for GWH, it's his competition so he's the one to run it (and he does that well)

Adam came up with it, so he should technically be running it too ;) But we wouldn't want that would we :scared:

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Here's the proof you're a brigand.

:retard:

You need to be a huge :retard: to think someone should be thankful of watching that crap match, or even appreciate the day tennis died.
Phony.

If he doesn't hate Nadull and his anti-tennis, then he's a rogue just the same. :)

I am hardly the only one who enjoyed that final. Sorry as it not to your liking? Tennis did not die on that day by the way, that is just silly. It is such a shame that you brought Stepanek back as your avatar since, but all good things must come to an end. You had to snap out of that psychotic phase... or have you?

And there is nothing wrong with not hating Nadal dude, the guy is not the evil clown. This Fedal thing is as good for tennis as any rivalry in the history of the sport.

So in the end, none of the name calling you threw at me actually sticks you bully-agitator-polemist-gigantic-ass-clown. :worship:

Do not change and try to do better than Djokovic and defend your title mext year.

GlennMirnyi
12-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Now that I've had a chance to read up on what's been going on with the ACC while I was busy celebrating Thanksgiving, can somebody please post a list of who these followers of Linda are? Is this some new weird cult that sprang out of the ACC loins? They sound annoying and I'd like to avoid them in the future.

Check everybody who voted for me and is a Rafatard. There you go.

Linda has no followers; she's all lonely by herself. :sad:

Edit: Crazy-Girl is campaigning a bit late, eh? She's terrible. :o

Okay, there are different styles. One can appreciate different styles. Anti-tennis ain't a style, it's just bullshit, so there's nothing to appreciate about it.

No, no, no. Gustavo likes everything to be boxed and generalised, you can't appreciate or like more than one of anything. And maybe it's quite fitting that the box he currently resides in is labelled - Arse Clown.

I'm sure he wouldn't disagree that he is any different from any other Arse Clown champion. They are all one and the same. No?

Still sad you Argies threw away the best chance ever to win the DC, eh?

:sad:

:lol:

I am hardly the only one who enjoyed that final. Sorry as it not to your liking? Tennis did not die on that day by the way, that is just silly. It is such a shame that you brought Stepanek back as your avatar since, but all good things must come to an end. You had to snap out of that psychotic phase... or have you?

And there is nothing wrong with not hating Nadal dude, the guy is not the evil clown. This Fedal thing is as good for tennis as any rivalry in the history of the sport.

So in the end, none of the name calling you threw at me actually sticks you bully-agitator-polemist-gigantic-ass-clown. :worship:

Do not change and try to do better than Djokovic and defend your title mext year.

1- Any decent tennis fan will never forget the day tennis officially died (it was in a coma already for some years). I bet you disagree, but what is there to say? :rolleyes:

2- Of course there is. Any real tennis fan hates Nadull, the personification of anti-tennis. Fedal is a retard term and to think two players are that important for the sport is even more retarded. Remember this, mountebank: tennis is much more and goes way beyond any two persons, whoever they are.

3- I was right from the start, it seems. Gettin' you to post and spew some crap was all I needed to confirm my theory you're a rogue.

Neeeeeeeeeeext.

BigJohn
12-03-2008, 11:35 PM
1- Any decent tennis fan will never forget the day tennis officially died (it was in a coma already for some years). I bet you disagree, but what is there to say? :rolleyes:

2- Of course there is. Any real tennis fan hates Nadull, the personification of anti-tennis. Fedal is a retard term and to think two players are that important for the sport is even more retarded. Remember this, mountebank: tennis is much more and goes way beyond any two persons, whoever they are.

3- I was right from the start, it seems. Gettin' you to post and spew some crap was all I needed to confirm my theory you're a rogue.

Neeeeeeeeeeext.

1- you are wrong about that. I wonder why you'd still hang around in MTF if really believed it was true anyway.

2- a great rivalry at the top is indeed good for the sport. That is not a concept too difficult to grasp and that is all I said. Don't twist my words... :(

3- :zzz:

GlennMirnyi
12-04-2008, 12:50 AM
No. Rivalries only mean something to fangirls, not real fans.

Guy Haines
12-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Oh no, I don't want to argue with you again so soon, Glenn -- even though I'm a Nadull-loving rogue.

But rivalries are only for fangirls? Maybe you're talking about women who got into the sport because of Evert-Navratilova, maybe tennis's greatest rivalry? That's what I'd hope.

'Tennis is dead' and 'Death of Tennis July 07' were definitely the meat of your ACC season. While I don't agree at all with what you were (and are) saying, I can only admire the sloganeering and commitment.

I wonder what you'll have in store for us at Wimbledon 09, especially if Tsonga finally manages to stay healthy and play the tournament. If he does, I could see him messing up either Nadal's or Federer's plans.

There was a lot of denial about Nadal's achievements this year. When he's resorting to his indoor pusher game late in a year, it's easy to argue that his game is one-dimensional and anti- and ugly, the whole works. But during the '08 clay and grass season he was more aggressive than he'd ever been in his career. Even Navratilova noted in conversation with him during Wimbledon that he'd picked up her old beloved grass practice of a lefty kick serve out wide and then moving to the net if he got a weak reply. Was she on magic mushrooms? I don't think so. He wasn't playing serve and volley, but it wasn't moonballing.

They've been showing old clay matches recently on the Tennis Channel in the US, and it's only reaffirmed my belief that Borg and Nadal do have a lot in common. As a kid, I watched Borg play in his prime, so I'm not ignorant about him. What was interesting looking again now was that in 1977 (I think) he beat Connors for the first time by playing mega-moonball defensive tennis -- with way more lobs than Nadal could even dream of -- and simply spinning the serve in adequately. The next year, he smacked down Connors, playing with a little more aggression from the ground and a little more pop on his serve. On grass, Borg played the net more than Nadal, but their games weren't hugely different. Borg's stroke production just looks prettier. So is he Anti-Tennis and Death of Tennis, too?