"The last real great taboo" [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

"The last real great taboo"

Crazy Girl
12-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Do you believe that, even now in 2009, still exists some kind of taboo?:confused::confused:Yes or Not? And if "yes".....wich one? For me is the death. Nobody likes to talk about that.....but death is the last chapter of our life.....too important do be unheeded....! Many years ago a friend of mine had a book "How we die" of Dr. Sherwin B. Nuland. Very interesting.....he analysed any type of death....because if you know a thing........you've less fear of that......And do you thinking about people having a taboo.....?? I'm waiting for your answers....

finishingmove
12-01-2008, 03:21 PM
people seem to leave in a hurry when i tell them i'm a cannibal.

that might be a taboo.

bokehlicious
12-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Anal sex is still a taboo for most people. :o :p

Crazy Girl
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
people seem to leave in a hurry when i tell them i'm a cannibal.

that might be a taboo.They have all their "good reasons!!!!":eek::eek::eek: far from you.....especially when you're hungry.....!!!

:eek::eek:

Crazy Girl
12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
Anal sex is still a taboo for most people. :o :p:o:o:o:o:o:o:o Do you think.....??:p:p

Byrd
12-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Using some grammar & punctuation can be a taboo for some people.

Clydey
12-01-2008, 03:42 PM

Agreed.

bokehlicious
12-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Cheap shots again at non English natives? So smart :yeah:

Getta
12-01-2008, 03:47 PM
There isn't any taboo in Greece. That's why euphemestic phrasing doesn't actually work over here. Terse and vile language is our preferred way to express ourselves.

Clydey
12-01-2008, 03:50 PM

Was that a cheap shot? I thought he was referring to native speakers.

When I agreed, I was referring to those whose first language is English. I can't speak a foreign language, so I certainly wouldn't criticise a foreigner for not being fluent in English.

Byrd
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM

Not really.......considering.....that...her english is good....apart from....the stupid ass dots.....every second. It's equivalent of visual horse shit.

finishingmove
12-01-2008, 03:51 PM

wat is punktuation

Byrd
12-01-2008, 03:57 PM
wat is punktuation

Someone told me that it was a sex position :shrug:

finishingmove
12-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Someone told me that it was a sex position :shrug:

lier

BigJohn
12-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Homosexuality in many countries, incest, sex between an adult and a child, bestiality... Well, lots of things related to sex actually.

Of all those I mentionned, homosexuality is the one I find the most ridiculous. Consenting adults should have the right to have relationships.

I do not support any of the other things I mentionned... I think there are some good taboos.

JolánGagó
12-01-2008, 05:00 PM
Why should incest be punished if it's consensual between adults? :shrug:

Nathaliia
12-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Why should incest be punished if it's consensual between adults? :shrug:
It's because of possible genetic mutations I suppose. I am not a doctor but you could follow examples in European royal dynasties of previous centuries.

Betty
12-01-2008, 05:11 PM
we live in "vaticano"country a lot of taboo dear CG;)
the death..well...:pi talked abt what can happen to a corpse during an hexume or cremate..and i did it with an undertaker in my lunch time:bolt:btw why a taboo is a part of live:(

G4.
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
good to see modern ideology following Nietzche distorted precepts ... .
Why not discard all precepts that are unnatural (even tho they put us above animal) like sex equality , sacrilization of life , taboo of pedophilia , banning of slavery , equality of life ... and live by natural law ?

Aenea
12-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Do you believe that, even now in 2009, still exists some kind of taboo?:confused::confused:Yes or Not? And if "yes".....wich one? For me is the death. Nobody likes to talk about that.....but death is the last chapter of our life.....too important do be unheeded....! Many years ago a friend of mine had a book "How we die" of Dr. Sherwin B. Nuland. Very interesting.....he analysed any type of death....because if you know a thing........you've less fear of that......And do you thinking about people having a taboo.....?? I'm waiting for your answers....

How come talking about death is a taboo? First time I hear something like that.

good to see modern ideology following Nietzche distorted precepts ... .
Why not discard all precepts that are unnatural (even tho they put us above animal) like sex equality , sacrilization of life , taboo of pedophilia , banning of slavery , equality of life ... and live by natural law ?

Are you saying sacrilization of life, pedophilia, slavery are natural law?

the biscuit
12-01-2008, 06:25 PM
It's because of possible genetic mutations I suppose. I am not a doctor but you could follow examples in European royal dynasties of previous centuries.

Yes. Your children are more likely to have all sorts of diseases. It can even occur when the relationship is cousin/cousin or farther genetic relation in general. In the Roman time all incestuous relations were forbidden, that was until Claudius changed the law so that he could marry his niece Agrippina, but brother/sister has always been forbidden. I'm no law expert but I believe that is something we took over from the Romans...?

Personally I think it's alright (I mean, who would I be to judge that?) as long as they don't have children bc that isn't fair to them imo. :shrug:

GhostUnholy
12-01-2008, 06:31 PM
from what i have seen so far here are many taboos according to MTF:
-moonballing
-pushing
-serving big
-running
-losing matches
-winning matches
-playing tennis in general
-breathing
-getting mono
-getting injured
-getting tired
-being spanish
-being american
-being an argentine
-being serbian
-in fact, to cut it short, being human in general. chimps, zebras, and pigeons are ok though :cool:
-being a doper
-being a match fixer
-liking nadal or moonballers in general :o
-liking federer or all serve mugs in general :o
-changing your opinion
-being happy :)
-cheering for players, if you're a REAL fan you should just sit back and impassively watch the tennis with your arms crossed and a frown on your face

Am I right? :confused:
:angel:

EDIT: Sorry I didn't see the second page was actually serious before posting.

Black Adam
12-01-2008, 06:42 PM

Blue eyes were born of a genetic mutation so it's not that bad :shrug:

G4.
12-01-2008, 06:53 PM

Are you saying sacrilization of life, pedophilia, slavery are natural law?

Obviously you didn't understand my post . I'm saying these are conventions , which are totally unnatural , there is nothing more natural than slavery , nothing more artificial than considering life sacred , and considering pedophilia a taboo is also unnatural (eg. something totally normal for the ancient greeks) .
I'm saying moral conventions and taboos are what make civilization

GhostUnholy
12-01-2008, 06:54 PM
The issue with incest isn't genetic mutations per say, its that harmful recessive traits are passed on to your children. Harmful recessive traits can be passed down for generations largely without presenting themselves as long as you keep marrying into lineages that LACK those traits, and when you marry a close relative, you both might pass on the allelle for that trait and wind up with a very unfortunate kid.

Aenea
12-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Obviously you didn't understand my post . I'm saying these are conventions , which are totally unnatural , there is nothing more natural than slavery , nothing more artificial than considering life sacred , and considering pedophilia a taboo is also unnatural (eg. something totally normal for the ancient greeks) .
I'm saying moral conventions and taboos are what make civilization
Obviously. The last sentence made the difference :wavey:

G4.
12-01-2008, 07:17 PM
i thought the first sentence in my first post made the difference.

Aenea
12-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Maybe for you but not for me. I haven't read Nietzche and don't know what his "distorted precepts" are :o

GhostUnholy
12-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Maybe for you but not for me. I haven't read Nietzche and don't know what his "distorted precepts" are :o

You should read his stuff its interesting.

G4.
12-01-2008, 07:40 PM
the destruction of the judeo-christian platonician fondation of the civilization; basically all that's shaped it.

El Legenda
12-01-2008, 07:44 PM
walking naked in public, you really get some looks from people.

GhostUnholy
12-01-2008, 07:45 PM
walking naked in public, you really get some looks from people.

:confused:
I do this all the time, doesn't everyone?

Henry Chinaski
12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm going to call my band The Paedo Niggers. No such thing as bad publicity.

G4.
12-01-2008, 09:48 PM
lol , the postmodern ideology want to supress "taboos" but at the same time is completely infected by PCness and thus creating new taboos

q.j.
12-01-2008, 10:20 PM
this is very true
although it seem that with political c. it is heading towards a very dangerous simplification of truth, also pc has always smelled of totalitarianism 2.0

it will never fully function since postmodernism is to feeble as an attempt altogether
and as soon as it's hits it's first dead-end it will transform, no it will conjoin with the traditional and it's morals, amongst other things, like those you have described as necessary in your previous post.

Black Adam
12-01-2008, 11:39 PM
PC cult is the death of our society. So many things qualify as taboo under the PC cult.

G4.
12-01-2008, 11:55 PM
this liberal ideology i think is here to stay (i'm a pessimist). We are in era of intellectual regression , of moral relativism and subjectivism which prevents any form of critical analysis. (no more "common world", everyone is right, the opinion of the stupidest mf is considered equal to the one of a learned person).

That ideology just creates a normalized (a product) person , and it is here to stay because it creates a damn good illusion of intellectual freedom and tolerance; and the tool of culpabilization (that libs have mastered)is very useful to enforces this ideology, who would take the risk of being called racist, facist etc

GhostUnholy
12-02-2008, 12:37 AM
this liberal ideology i think is here to stay (i'm a pessimist). We are in era of intellectual regression , of moral relativism and subjectivism which prevents any form of critical analysis. (no more "common world", everyone is right, the opinion of the stupidest mf is considered equal to the one of a learned person).

That ideology just creates a normalized (a product) person , and it is here to stay because it creates a damn good illusion of intellectual freedom and tolerance; and the tool of culpabilization (that libs have mastered)is very useful to enforces this ideology, who would take the risk of being called racist, facist etc

You know, for someone who apparently disapproves of Nietzsche, you sure sound a lot like him. :devil:

q.j.
12-02-2008, 01:00 AM
i could call you an elitist right now G4 :lol:
and that is the biggest weapon of pc, isn't it
the ability to reflect any criticism going it's way and label it
with whatever inappropriate category it wants

i was writing something overly long here for 30min and the my connection broke of, believe it or not, so i'll shorten it here

in all my naivety, and subjectivity, there are two things that, not yet, make me a pessimist, the fact that
-i'm still to young, yes a :retard: excuses
-and second, and this you're probably gonna laugh at
i like to compare liberal capitalism in a way with it's tool
political correctness
and i do believe, although, in baby steps, we are witnessing that first isn't so invulnerable as it have seemed for the past century,
and that it will eventually have to be modified into a socially acceptable system (open society :rolleyes: ) and pc will have a similar faith.

this is as simple as i could have put it in my 2nd attempt, and if it seams to fairytale-alike to you, remember, this is internet
an epicenter of relativism, subjectivity, and blatant demagogy

:p

Zirconek
12-02-2008, 01:17 AM
PC cult is the death of our society. So many things qualify as taboo under the PC cult.

oh, please change the CD in the repeat function - it's the zillionth time you say in this board you're against political correctness- and try to improve yourself and understand/accept things like human and civil rights :silly:

FedFan_2007
12-02-2008, 03:18 AM
I thought the last taboo was the forbidden fruit.

G4.
12-02-2008, 03:30 AM
I'd like you to be right but as JJ Rousseau writes in his treaty of education L'Emile :
"let him always think he is master while you are really master. There is no subjection so complete as that which preserves the forms of freedom; it is thus that the will itself is taken captive"
Modern moral (comparable to the catholic magisterium with its guardians err leftist intellectuals), has created a very subtle form of intellectual tyrany; . It considers itself intrinsequally progressist humanist tolerant ,not agreeing with it makes you look suspect of all sort of dirty things.
So to look progressist nowdays: you must be for same sex marriage ; you must support illegals ; you must think all cultures are equal ; if you are white you must flagellate yourself to expiate the horrible things have done in the past. etc etc

FedFan_2007
12-02-2008, 03:32 AM
oh, please change the CD in the repeat function - it's the zillionth time you say in this board you're against political correctness- and try to improve yourself and understand/accept things like human and civil rights :silly:

Save your Marxist arseclownish beliefs for another forum, wadmunch.

Zirconek
12-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Save your Marxist arseclownish beliefs for another forum, wadmunch.

I'm not sure if being called arseclown by one of the biggest AC means I'm really and seriously an AC or if it's a compliment. Interesting is that I didn't even was in the 256 size draw of the competition this year, where you were seed #1. Anyway, I'm going to look for the answer of this question in any of Marx's books, if it's not foreseen there I will have to discuss it with the coreligionists of The Party.

Crazy Girl
12-03-2008, 02:40 PM
we live in "vaticano"country a lot of taboo dear CG;)
the death..well...:pi talked abt what can happen to a corpse during an hexume or cremate..and i did it with an undertaker in my lunch time:bolt:btw why a taboo is a part of live:(Betty you're the one who has answered to me about death. I'm always on more convicted that you're a very special person, in the way you're talking about death....with so calm words! The only thing that I ask to myself is: "Why just in the lunch time????":eek:;):eek:;)ciao bella:wavey:

Crazy Girl
12-03-2008, 04:02 PM

Are you saying sacrilization of life, pedophilia, slavery are natural law?Anyone of you has answered about what people thinks is a taboo for the most consistent number of persons. And it's ok. I should like, also, to know wich are the "taboos" about people don't like to talk. No one has remembered the death. So, as you can see, the answer is in your question... Surely, here, many posts are about ar..an..sex sh..fu..bi..di..blow..and some others harder and stronger nice words. So those I'm seriously believing aren't a taboo for MTF posters!:eek::eek::wavey:CIAO AND THANKS YOU:wavey:

buddyholly
12-03-2008, 05:45 PM
For me is the death. Nobody likes to talk about that.....but death is the last chapter of our life.....too important do be unheeded....! Many years ago a friend of mine had a book "How we die" of Dr. Sherwin B. Nuland. Very interesting.....he analysed any type of death....because if you know a thing........you've less fear of that......

Arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! You said ''death'' instead of the politically correct ''passing.'' In the US these days saying ''death'' out loud is as taboo as saying ''F**k religion'' in a crowded church.

If everybody just says ''passing'' then there is no need to fear ''death'', because it is really just going to the other side. That seems to be the reasoning behind the silliness.
Me, I am going to the dark side, where it is really, really dark and really, really quiet and absolutely nothing ever happens.

buddyholly
12-03-2008, 05:48 PM
wat is punktuation
A show on TV where they play pranks on people.

buddyholly
12-03-2008, 05:58 PM

Political correctness has nothing to do with human and civil rights. It has to do with being silly. Like trying to change the name of a village in upstate new York called FISHKILL, because it is demeaning to fish. Or getting fired from your job in New York for suggesting the coming year's budget will, of necessity, be niggardly.

You sound like you are in favour of political correctness because it means protecting human rights. Not so. The phrase was coined to mock silly behaviour.

buddyholly
12-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Betty you're the one who has answered to me about death. I'm always on more convicted that you're a very special person, in the way you're talking about death....with so calm words! The only thing that I ask to myself is: "Why just in the lunch time????"[

What better time to talk about rotting corpses than over a plate of steak tartar at lunchtime?

Zirconek
12-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Political correctness has nothing to do with human and civil rights. It has to do with being silly. Like trying to change the name of a village in upstate new York called FISHKILL, because it is demeaning to fish. Or getting fired from your job in New York for suggesting the coming year's budget will, of necessity, be niggardly.

You sound like you are in favour of political correctness because it means protecting human rights. Not so. The phrase was coined to mock silly behaviour.

Not just I think there are different levels of PC and it's hard to discuss it without generalizations - you can give me an example of how it can be silly, I can give you an example of how it is fine and the political incorrect is bad, and there we go - but also I was not defending PC, I was just saying Black Adam (who is, let's say, creativity challenged :p) has troubles in admitting some rights. He already said in this site that a woman who dares to go out of her house not properly dressed :confused: is asking to be *****. Also always he sends me a bad rep he says world is full of idiots like me and it would be much better without all those idiots. I think it's enough to have an idea about what kind of person he is and what he might think about civil and human rights.

Richard_from_Cal
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Anybody mention necrophilia in this thread?

Gay necrophilia?

...How about sex with a human-mutilation case. (dead, of course?)

...never mind...

well, on second thought...

...SOME people, or things, really don't want to be informed. Don't go to my homepage if you're one of them.

[img]http://uforc.com/mutes/human1.jpg

buddyholly
12-03-2008, 11:31 PM
you can give me an example of how it can be silly, I can give you an example of how it is fine and the political incorrect is bad, and there we go -

Usually, I would say if it is fine it is not really being PC, just being correct.
For example, it is not being PC to avoid using the word ''nigger'' as a racial slur. But I think it is being PC to say ''n word'' in a discussion, instead of the word itself. That just sounds so childish to me.
In the same vein, I thought the term "African-American'' was silly because many Africans who came to America were white. But for a while this was the PC term for ''black.'' Thankfully, we are back to using the simple descriptive term and it is not a racial slur, as the PCers would have had us believe for a while.

buddyholly
12-03-2008, 11:34 PM

While it may not be taboo to discuss it, it certainly should be taboo to do it. Why? You should never have sex with anyone without first obtaining their consent.

Claiming that ''well, she didn't say no'' is not an acceptable defense.

Zirconek
12-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Usually, I would say if it is fine it is not really being PC, just being correct.
For example, it is not being PC to avoid using the word ''nigger'' as a racial slur. But I think it is being PC to say ''n word'' in a discussion, instead of the word itself. That just sounds so childish to me.
In the same vein, I thought the term "African-American'' was silly because many Africans who came to America were white. But for a while this was the PC term for ''black.'' Thankfully, we are back to using the simple descriptive term and it is not a racial slur, as the PCers would have had us believe for a while.

agreed :yeah:

Sunset of Age
12-04-2008, 01:00 AM

Well, eh - I don't know your age, but I can tell you that everything that is in any far way connected to 'aging' - i.e., getting nearer to DEATH, let's be honest, here - is indeed a major 'taboo' in the modern western society.

Plastic surgery, the addiction to 'botox', all sorts of idiotic (and obviously NOT WORKING) very expensive creams, etc., you name it - it seems to be rather hard to accept for many in the rich, western society, that indeed, with getting older, one gets nearer to death, and unfortunately, IT. SHOWS. :sad: :mad: :lol:

It's rather funny, really. Everyone wants to become old, nobody wants to BE it. :p :angel:

cobalt60
12-04-2008, 01:33 AM
I discuss death and dying all the time. You'd be surprised how many folks when they are faced with reality actually want to discuss it. They are just waiting for an opening and a listening ear. And it lets them open up to their loved ones as well.
It only becomes taboo because we all assume no one wants to discuss it.

Sunset of Age
12-04-2008, 01:46 AM
I discuss death and dying all the time. You'd be surprised how many folks when they are faced with reality actually want to discuss it. They are just waiting for an opening and a listening ear. And it lets them open up to their loved ones as well.
It only becomes taboo because we all assume no one wants to discuss it.

:yeah:

A dear friend of mine, ten years younger than I am, is in fact *dying*. I'm trying to do all the best I can to comfort her, but let me tell you this: the LAST thing she wants to hear about is people crying over her. :hug: :sad:
It's a MAJOR TABOO in our western society, I ensure you. :(

cobalt60
12-04-2008, 01:55 AM

A dear friend of mine, ten years younger than I am, is in fact *dying*. I'm trying to do all the best I can to comfort her, but let me tell you this: the LAST thing she wants to hear about is people crying over her. :hug: :sad:
It's a MAJOR TABOO in our western society, I ensure you. :(

People don't want to be cried over. Lots do want to talk over good times and friendship. It is obviously different for me and those who work in the hospice field. I honestly feel that people who are dying have an easier time talking to those of us in the oncology field. You don't necessarily have to talk about death but there are many who want to talk about their fears, their hopes for those they leave behind and they want the opportunity to tell their loved ones what they feel they need to.

When my friend was dying of her brain tumor she wanted to talk about her kids, how her husband would cope without her around, the funny things we shared and she felt the need to apologise for anything she had said to me that was out of line. She was more cognizant her last few days then she had been in awhile. Guess she had to get things said before she died.

The problem with society is that many folks who are not dying do not know how to hold a frank conversation about death. It makes them uncomfortable. Even health care providers have a hard time.

Arkulari
12-04-2008, 02:03 AM
paedophilia and incest are probably two of the biggest ones :shrug:
the first one is really sick in my mind (how can an adult want to have sex with a 2 year old? :eek: :shout: ) and while I don't like the second one, if it is between consenting adults, I don't see the issue as long as there aren't recessive diseases in the family that they can pass on their own children :shrug: (still, I can't see myself on that with my brothers, my dad or even my cousins :unsure: )

homosexuality was a big taboo in the 50's, now unless you live in the UAE or something of the sort, it's a thing that can be seen everyday :shrug:

Death more than a taboo is a underlying fear on everyone's minds, a Damocles' Sword waiting to fall down, the only thing you need to die is to be alive

in the inmortal words of Tolkien:

death in battle may come to us all yet, willing or unwilling. You will be better prepared to face it in your own manner, if while there is still time...
You and I, we must endure with patience the hours of waiting.

Sunset of Age
12-04-2008, 02:25 AM
:sad:People don't want to be cried over. Lots do want to talk over good times and friendship. It is obviously different for me and those who work in the hospice field. I honestly feel that people who are dying have an easier time talking to those of us in the oncology field. You don't necessarily have to talk about death but there are many who want to talk about their fears, their hopes for those they leave behind and they want the opportunity to tell their loved ones what they feel they need to.

Yep, so true! My friend C. knows me from law school, but she also knows I've - a long time ago :angel: - graduated in Medical Biology, so she just asks me for advice all along her search for proper treatment. I try to be as honest to her as I possibly can - but it really IS hard at times. I just don't want to disencourage her in certain occasions, but well... honesty, etc. :sad:
On the other side: she's been 'given up' for three years already... and she's still with us! :D

She's very open to me about things, and of course, she isn't stupid - she fully realizes her days are numbered... all I try to do is to be as honest and at the same time comforting as I possibly can. That, unfortunately, includes talking about death... :sad: :mad:

I am often shocked about the very frank ways she talks about it. Even asked me to take care of euthanasia, should that conclusion come close. I don't know yet if I'm able to take care of such a decision - if ever. :sad:

When my friend was dying of her brain tumor she wanted to talk about her kids, how her husband would cope without her around, the funny things we shared and she felt the need to apologise for anything she had said to me that was out of line. She was more cognizant her last few days then she had been in awhile. Guess she had to get things said before she died.

Very understandable, and recognizable. C. talks to me about her past. 'missed chances', etc. a lot as well. But the strange thing is that she often rather ends up comforting ME more than I do HER. :o

The problem with society is that many folks who are not dying do not know how to hold a frank conversation about death. It makes them uncomfortable. Even health care providers have a hard time.

Very understandable. Nobody wants to be confronted with his/her death... it makes all of us feel uncomfortable, at least, even if we all know that that is the path we'll all have to take at a certain stage of life.

cobalt60
12-04-2008, 02:33 AM
^^ :hug: Nice chatting with you karin. I miss doing that :( Must get to bed though. Nite :wavey:

Sunset of Age
12-04-2008, 02:39 AM
^^ :hug: Nice chatting with you karin. I miss doing that :( Must get to bed though. Nite :wavey:

Bye, Doc Sue, sleep well! :hug:

I'd rather not have posted such touchy stuff, I now realize. Still I feel glad I had an outlet this very night. :)

cobalt60
12-04-2008, 02:40 AM
Bye, Doc Sue, sleep well! :hug:

I'd rather not have posted such touchy stuff, I now realize. Still I feel glad I had an outlet this very night. :)

Always good to be honest and let somethings out. You should be sleeping too :eek: :hug:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 12:09 PM
First of all, thanks everybody. Thanks indeed! Anyone of you has answered to me about death in a complete way. Thanks. I known that in MTF there was folks like you. I had no doubt about that. But, let me tell you, I'm pleasantly surprised! This thread so "dark" has taken out of you, all your best!!Stupid Dream! Cobalt60!Two splendid persons: what an amazing conversation between us! It seemed to me to be there with you! You had made me move so deeply and, to be honest....., also to cry.:sad::sad::sad:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Well, eh - I don't know your age, but I can tell you that everything that is in any far way connected to 'aging' - i.e., getting nearer to DEATH, let's be honest, here - is indeed a major 'taboo' in the modern western society.

Plastic surgery, the addiction to 'botox', all sorts of idiotic (and obviously NOT WORKING) very expensive creams, etc., you name it - it seems to be rather hard to accept for many in the rich, western society, that indeed, with getting older, one gets nearer to death, and unfortunately, IT. SHOWS. :sad: :mad: :lol:

It's rather funny, really. Everyone wants to become old, nobody wants to BE it. :p :angel:Holy words! You're right! Not just death, also "aging" (plastic, botox, creams) People don't accepts to become old, as if "old" should be a shame!:o:o:o

Everyone wants to become old, nobody wants to BE it!!!!What a great truth! Really an amazing quote!:wavey:THANKS STUPID DREAM:wavey:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 12:53 PM

It's a MAJOR TABOO in our western society, I ensure you. :(:wavey::wavey::wavey:It's a major taboo in our western society, I ensure you.:hug::hug::hug::wavey::wavey::wavey:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Arrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! You said ''death'' instead of the politically correct ''passing.'' In the US these days saying ''death'' out loud is as taboo as saying ''F**k religion'' in a crowded church.

If everybody just says ''passing'' then there is no need to fear ''death'', because it is really just going to the other side. That seems to be the reasoning behind the silliness.
Me, I am going to the dark side, where it is really, really dark and really, really quiet and absolutely nothing ever happens.Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhh hhh!!!!!!!! Yes! I admit it! I'm guilty, but the next time I will use "passing" so I shall be more "politically correct"!;););)The really quite dark side......nothing ever happens.:hug::hug::sad::sad:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 02:29 PM
What better time to talk about rotting corpses than over a plate of steak tartar at lunchtime?Yeahh, for sure! What better time of that? Just "the" perfect moment....I believe!:eek::eek::help::help::lick::lick::hatoff: Ciao Buddy:hatoff:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
While it may not be taboo to discuss it, it certainly should be taboo to do it. Why? You should never have sex with anyone without first obtaining their consent.

Claiming that ''well, she didn't say no'' is not an acceptable defense.:yeah:Totally agree:yeah:

Crazy Girl
12-04-2008, 04:01 PM

Claiming that ''well, she didn't say no'' is not an acceptable defense.

Gay necrophilia?

...How about sex with a human-mutilation case. (dead, of course?)

...never mind...

well, on second thought...

...SOME people, or things, really don't want to be informed. Don't go to my homepage if you're one of them.

[img]http://uforc.com/mutes/human1.jpgRichard, I -honestly - had never thinked about that. It's a very delicate issue... a rough argument. And my mind ever take, neither, into consideration. It's a fault of mine. But, tell me, why "gay necrophilia"? Also about a dead body, one can get a different kind of taste?:eek::o:eek::o mammamia!! Now we're really too dark! However, thanks for your contribution.Thanks, also, at Mrs.Federer with her Tolkien quote.

Richard_from_Cal
12-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Richard, I -honestly - had never thinked about that. It's a very delicate issue... a rough argument. And my mind ever take, neither, into consideration. It's a fault of mine. But, tell me, why "gay necrophilia"? Also about a dead body, one can get a different kind of taste?:eek::o:eek::o mammamia!! Now we're really too dark! However, thanks for your contribution.Thanks, also, at Mrs.Federer with her Tolkien quote.
...this may be your answer...about 2:15 to 4:19.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRJkLem5HQ)

Honestly, I think the last taboo is UFOs/Aliens/Government collaboration with same. You can't talk about it/read about it...MIB/NSA ready to put you to sleep...give you the eternal debriefing in the anonymous HoJo in whoknowswhere...

Scary stuff, that. :eek:

Crazy Girl
12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
...this may be your answer...about 2:15 to 4:19.. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olRJkLem5HQ)

Honestly, I think the last taboo is UFOs/Aliens/Government collaboration with same. You can't talk about it/read about it...MIB/NSA ready to put you to sleep...give you the eternal debriefing in the anonymous HoJo in whoknowswhere...

Scary stuff, that. :eek::topic::topic::topic::topic: I had not read all these names under....are song's video. Cat Stevens (I like him so much!); I've written in thread "Your favourites albums of ever". And....Arlo Gutrye (the Woody son?) And I've mentioned him in "Favourites guitar players". Nobody has answered to me!!! Can you go there, in both thread, and tell me....??:wavey::wavey::wavey::wavey:

buddyholly
12-05-2008, 01:36 PM

Still looking for a conspiracy behind every door?
Honestly, next you will be telling us you have been abducted by aliens.

buddyholly
12-05-2008, 01:38 PM
Cat Stevens (I like him so much!);

Cat Stevens is a miserable piece of human excrement - no better than any other filthy terrorist.

Crazy Girl
12-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Honestly, next you will be telling us you have been abducted by aliens.I have understood nothing!!! Simply....I don't believe in no one "presence" on our earth. And, neither, so much.....closed to us!!:eek::eek::eek:

Crazy Girl
12-05-2008, 04:25 PM
Cat Stevens is a miserable piece of human excrement - no better than any other filthy terrorist.:confused::confused::confused:Dear Buddy, I live in Italy and sincerely I don't know anything about that story of terrorist.... nothing! I known that he was of greece's origines (it seems to me, but I'm not sure). Simply, when I was a very young girl I heard his songs (Tea for the Tillerman, Teaser and the Firecat...ecc...) Just this.:)CIAO:)

Richard_from_Cal
12-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Honestly, next you will be telling us you have been abducted by aliens. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA):p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA)

Richard_from_Cal
12-05-2008, 04:39 PM
:confused::confused::confused:Dear Buddy, I live in Italy and sincerely I don't know anything about that story of terrorist.... nothing! I known that he was of greece's origines (it seems to me, but I'm not sure). Simply, when I was a very young girl I heard his songs (Tea for the Tillerman, Teaser and the Firecat...ecc...) Just this.:)CIAO:)

buddyholly can be a bit of a grump, at times, and so for that I forgive him. :wavey:

@ Crazy Girl: Re: Cat Stevens/Yusuf Islam...is of both Grecian and Scandinavian parents, and a UK national. Plus, he had a bad romantic relationship which led him to Islam, after being a ...rock 'n' roll nozzle...so...I have to sympathize with him also. :)

Richard_from_Cal
12-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Anybody mention necrophilia ....
htt:p://uforc.com/mutes/human1.jpg
May I change my mind, yet again?!

Religion.

It's supposed to make our lives easier, bring us together. Instead, nowadays, it seems to be too controversial. :o

buddyholly
12-05-2008, 10:05 PM
:confused::confused::confused:Dear Buddy, I live in Italy and sincerely I don't know anything about that story of terrorist.... nothing! I known that he was of greece's origines (it seems to me, but I'm not sure). Simply, when I was a very young girl I heard his songs (Tea for the Tillerman, Teaser and the Firecat...ecc...) Just this.:)CIAO:)

I like to hate him. Never liked his music anyway, so wimpy. Then he changed his name, became a Muslim, and when the Ayatollah decreed that Salman Rushdie should be assassinated for writing a novel, Stevens supported the proposal as something that the Koran approved of.

So, one day he was a hippy type, singing Mellow Yellow and all was peace and love. Next day he becomes a Muslim and favours killing fellow artists that write something that he considers anti-Muslim.

Now I believe he is back to being Cat Stevens again - I guess the Muslim episode was not a good career move.

buddyholly
12-05-2008, 10:06 PM
:p (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA)Unless, of course, you are an alien.

Richard_from_Cal
12-06-2008, 04:48 PM
It's no surprise that if something takes me, multiple times, and doesn't let me remember what happened...I'll be curious.

No, I'm not an alien.

cobalt60
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I like to hate him. Never liked his music anyway, so wimpy. Then he changed his name, became a Muslim, and when the Ayatollah decreed that Salman Rushdie should be assassinated for writing a novel, Stevens supported the proposal as something that the Koran approved of.

So, one day he was a hippy type, singing Mellow Yellow and all was peace and love. Next day he becomes a Muslim and favours killing fellow artists that write something that he considers anti-Muslim.

Now I believe he is back to being Cat Stevens again - I guess the Muslim episode was not a good career move.

There once was a joke that his name was really Steven Katz :p It stopped being funny just around the Rushdie time.

buddyholly
12-08-2008, 01:18 AM
A couple of years ago VOLVO used one of his songs in a TV ad.

Just out of curiousity I emailed VOLVO and told them I did not think they would have much success using a terrorist sympathiser to push their product . They asked me to explain and I did. Never saw or heard that ad again.

Crazy Girl
12-10-2008, 03:31 PM
Well, we was talking about alien...Ufo, Cat Stevens (yes remembering my years of "girlyness", 70's, Hippyes, flowers's sons... all peace and love!!).But all of that is:topic::topic: So, I'm starting again: Do you believe that, even now in 2009, still exists some kind of taboo?:confused::confused:Yes or Not? And if "yes".....wich one? For me is the death. Nobody likes to talk about that.....but death is the last chapter of our life.....too important do be unheeded....! Many years ago a friend of mine had a book "How we die" of Dr. Sherwin B. Nuland. Very interesting.....he analysed any type of death....because if you know a thing........you've less fear of that......And do you thinking about people having a taboo.....?? I'm waiting for your answers....

tangerine_dream
12-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Here's my "taboo" thought for the day: I'm sick to death of Hollywood's obsession with the Jewish holocaust, as if that were the only holocaust worthy of attention. How about some feel-good movies about the Armenian genocide, the Bosnian war, the massacre of Brazilian indian tribes, or even Darfur, isn't that supposed to be Hollywood's newest obsession nowadays? There are plenty of other holocaust and genocide stories that need to be told besides the one that's been told a million times already.

My other rant: why are these movie studio honchos giving the green-light to so many boring political movies that crash and burn at the box office? I can see why so many movie-goers were just dying to pay $10.00 to see a movie about Dumbya (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1175491/), the most unpopular President ever. :retard:

I didn't know Frost/Nixon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870111/) could be a holiday movie fun for the family. Ho! ho! hoo. Thanks, I'll pass.

JolánGagó
12-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Here's my "taboo" thought for the day: I'm sick to death of Hollywood's obsession with the Jewish holocaust, as if that were the only holocaust worthy of attention. How about some feel-good movies about the Armenian genocide, the Bosnian war, the massacre of Brazilian indian tribes, or even Darfur, isn't that supposed to be Hollywood's newest obsession nowadays? There are plenty of other holocaust and genocide stories that need to be told besides the one that's been told a million times already.

I fully agree, more over the very word "holocaust" has been unduly appropriated as if the only holocaust in mankind's history had been the Jewish one :rolleyes: Im also sick of the never ending witch hunt by certain Jewish organizations and individuals histerycally crying antisemitism everytime someone dares to apparently challenge a comma of their dogmas.

Crazy Girl
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
I fully agree, more over the very word "holocaust" has been unduly appropriated as if the only holocaust in mankind's history had been the Jewish one :rolleyes: Im also sick of the never ending witch hunt by certain Jewish organizations and individuals histerycally crying antisemitism everytime someone dares to apparently challenge a comma of their dogmas.Both of you are right: every holocaust is worthy of attention; maybe the holocaust of Jewish is prominent, 'cause the considerable numbers of dead people, and also 'cause it had been just in the middle of the 2nd W.W., including almost entirely the world's people. I think.....:confused::confused::confused:

buddyholly
12-12-2008, 12:12 AM
I didn't know Frost/Nixon (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0870111/) could be a holiday movie fun for the family. Ho! ho! hoo. Thanks, I'll pass.

There is no taboo against you thinking whatever you want, no matter how stupid.

Not all movies were made with you in mind. Actually probably the dumbest movies of the past few years have been the ''holiday fun'' pieces of crap. I'll pass on that moronic nonsense.

I can't wait to see Frost/Nixon. I missed it on the stage. What I have seen of Frank Langella as Nixon appears to be one of the year's great performances.You can go see Valkyrie.