Any news on Patrick Olobo? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Any news on Patrick Olobo?

brent-o
12-01-2008, 01:22 AM
I'm watching the documentary right now on Tennis Channel of the Ugandan tennis pro Patrick Olobo. I know he had dreams of playing in college and eventually making it to the pro tour. Any news on what he's up to these days?

why,marat,why?
12-01-2008, 01:25 AM
I am watching the same special. I find it extremely moving I hope he is doing well.

brent-o
12-01-2008, 01:59 AM
I am watching the same special. I find it extremely moving I hope he is doing well.

I hope so too, he seems like a real nice kid who grew up in harsh environments.

TankingTheSet
12-01-2008, 02:20 AM
I have no idea about college tennis but you can check his ITF/ATP record on www.itftennis.com.

It's not impressive:

Two challenger first round qualifying losses in 2008.
One futures first round qualifying loss in 2006.

In Davis Cup playing for Uganda his win-loss record is 3-11. His wins came against players from Malta, Azerbaijan and Mauritius.

That's all singles matches on record.

Ragayan
12-01-2008, 06:59 AM
I actually played Patrick this past season in singles during a collegiate match. He's a solid player, but nothing special. Good hands, lots of potential, but he didn't have it all together. I'm no stellar player by any means and I was still able to make our match competitive. I wouldn't get my hopes up about the guy, unless he puts it all together and gets a bit more match tough. Then maybe he could make the first or second round in a Futures tourney somewhere and get a point or two.

JMG
12-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Mugabe is the hope for Uganda at the moment.