Richie 2009 Downunder! A Summer To Remember! SURF, SAND & GRANDSLAMS! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Richie 2009 Downunder! A Summer To Remember! SURF, SAND & GRANDSLAMS!

gasguet#1
11-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Hi
Wondering if any other people on the forum are planning on attending any of the tournements that Richie is entered for In Australia, Richie starts of his 2009 campaign at the new tournement in Brisbane International Jan 4th (Yah 34 more days)
Medibank Internatinal in Sydney Jan 11th,
then The Aust Open in Melbourne Jan 19th....

It would be great if we could get a Richie Presence in the crowd to give him all our support, & hopefully It can help when things get tough!
The Bryan's have the followers that travel the circuit & have meet ups.....
think it's time for the GASQUETARIES to make some noise & watch Richie entertain & dazzle us!

Im only heading to Melbourne, So lets see what we can arrange!

Brownie
11-30-2008, 08:14 PM
What a dream vacation that would be, traveling to Australia to see Richie play in the middle of winter:cool:. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to settle for cheering while watching on the tv/computer:p

I really am looking forward to watching the Aussie season though...I can't wait:bounce:!

reggie1
11-30-2008, 08:20 PM
If anybody does meet him, can they tell him to read his MTF english message boards, they will give him so much more encouragement than the french posts on RG.Net! Nobody is mean to him on his message boards here, just genuinely supportive.

gasguet#1
11-30-2008, 08:31 PM
Reggie,
I'll be do my best to get up close & personal with Richie while he is downunder! I'm on a mission!

It would be great to know Richie does have a read of all the positive feedback on here & how we are so supportive of him.... Well almost except for our famous Richie Bagger on the list!.... Is it just a French thing to be so hard on him? (Don't want to get any other French Richie Supporters off-side) as I'm sure many French supporters wish him all the success in the world

lisaplenske
11-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Hey you give me an idea!I know in wtaworld forum that amélie mauresmo fans organized a messages collect to give during roland garros to amelie.
It was about sending a message of support and then make an album with all those messages.
If you are motivated enough to organize that, I advice you to make a special thread for that, to make all the gasquetaires know about this project.
What 's your thoughts about that?

:wavey:

gasguet#1
11-30-2008, 09:24 PM
Great Idea..... I think It would be fantastic.....
Best I get working on something & we all tell Richie how much we appreciate all he does!
Wouldn't hurt to also mention how much a sweet guy he is & also very appealing on the eye!:devil:

Thanos
11-30-2008, 09:27 PM
i most likely been to going to medibank international, if he survive his 1st round i should see his head there.

Brownie
11-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Wonderful idea Amira:)

EternalxJourney
11-30-2008, 09:36 PM
If anybody does meet him, can they tell him to read his MTF english message boards, they will give him so much more encouragement than the french posts on RG.Net! Nobody is mean to him on his message boards here, just genuinely supportive.

Good idea but maybe he should put Richie21 on ignore.

~*BGT*~
12-01-2008, 04:41 AM
:lol: EJ and a :rocker2: to this thread.

Cin
12-01-2008, 04:54 AM
unfortunately, I have to give up my trip to Austalia next year cos I wanna stay with my family during our traditional spring festival.
But I hope we could send our best wishes and big support to Richard.
and I wanna say Enjoy your tennis time and the sunshine in Melbourne to the friends who will be there.

Puschkin
12-01-2008, 05:21 AM
Hey you give me an idea!I know in wtaworld forum that amélie mauresmo fans organized a messages collect to give during roland garros to amelie.
It was about sending a message of support and then make an album with all those messages.
If you are motivated enough to organize that, I advice you to make a special thread for that, to make all the gasquetaires know about this project.
What 's your thoughts about that?

That was already done once for Hamburg 2008. We called it the "Blue Envelope", it was modelled along the "red envelope", the traditional messages which Roger Federer gets from his fans regularly.

http://www.richardgasquet.net/V3/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1887&start=0

lisaplenske
12-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh I didnt know about that blue envelopp.Very good initiative.Richard deserves it so much.
Perhaps it would be good to make another one and give him at sydney or the AO no?

RFK
12-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Ooo nice ideas everyone! I think it would be very encouraging for him to know he has some loyal support!!!

reggie1
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Yes quite agree Katie. Also, it might be nice for him to see that we are all different nationalities and aren't french fans that expect him to deliver for France and put pressure on him. (I know not everone in France is like that though Almira).

gasguet#1
12-04-2008, 05:36 AM
Am working on coming up with a catchy name for the "OFFICIAL RICHIE MELBOURNE CHEERING THREAD"
so watch this space... or any ideas or suggestions.... thanks for the idea with the support from other fans!
Cheers
Bren

Bri
12-04-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say ive been a fan of Richard's for a while now, and saw him and Jo win doubles at this years Medibank, and also got their autographs!

Im volunteering for 2009 Medibank, so i hope Richard does really well, so i can see him play throughout the week!

gasguet#1
12-04-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey Bri...
at last another aussie that wants to get involved!..... Hopefully some others going to the Medibank Int will also jump on board!
Oh now I'm getting so so jelous.... you getting up close & personal with our Golden Boy!
Wasn't it fantastic when Richie & Jo took out the doubles in Sydney, Made up for the early exit of Richie in the singles!

gasguet#1
12-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Have just send a email to the ATP in asking for them to put us in contact with the people we need to contact in making a presentation to Richie.... So hopefully they can help in some way!
So as soon as I here back from the ATP, we can try & get this project of the groud

Bri
12-05-2008, 12:15 AM
I know! i just had tickets for the last day, and I wasn't reading the doubles results, so was very excited that I would see Ritchie play. Actually, although Im totally not biased, the doubles match was even better than the singles final, especially as the tiebreak went on for ages! Hopefully he will play well during the week and make the semis, and hopefully finals

Venle
12-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Great idea!

Aussie tournaments :hearts:

Unfortunately I have to turn 18 before I can even dream about going :o

Puschkin
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Have just send a email to the ATP in asking for them to put us in contact with the people we need to contact in making a presentation to Richie.... So hopefully they can help in some way!
So as soon as I here back from the ATP, we can try & get this project of the groud

Did you hear anything back?

*MJP*
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Hey guys! What a fantastic idea, i bet Richie will really appreciate all the supportive messages.
Im going to the Aussie Open but unfortunately not Sydney :(

gasguet#1
01-14-2009, 02:53 PM
Hey it's not looking good for the idea I had about the support messages for Richie, have sent 2 emails each week to the ATP but without getting a reply..... am running out of ideas on how to make this happen for Melbourne
was thinking maybe Christmas/New Year may be the reason why I wasnt getting a reply.... maybe they dont check the website for emails or it may be someone who maintains the website for the ATP

Brownie
01-14-2009, 03:31 PM
I just tried searching on the AO website to see if there was anyone that you could contact there, but they don't have even 1 general contact email address on the whole site:shrug: