France dominate Year-End Top 100 for thrid straight year. I don´t think so [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

France dominate Year-End Top 100 for thrid straight year. I don´t think so

psk
11-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Acording to the ATP website

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/france_top100.asp

This is not true. Acording to the ATP new, France doesn´t dominate. It is tied with Spain.
And there is more, the number 100 is Alberto Martin, and it is not counted. So Spain has 15 players in the Top 100
Spain - 15
France - 14

Is this a joke?

Henry Chinaski
11-27-2008, 02:18 PM
more genius from the atp website

federernadalfan
11-27-2008, 02:26 PM
the people in atp are smoking some really good shit

Pea
11-27-2008, 03:16 PM
Really? Who cares.

JolánGagó
11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Are they saying French Tennis > Spanish Tennis?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

great joke :yeah:

elessar
11-27-2008, 03:53 PM

This is not true. Acording to the ATP new, France doesn´t dominate. It is tied with Spain.
And there is more, the number 100 is Alberto Martin, and it is not counted. So Spain has 15 players in the Top 100
Spain - 15
France - 14

Is this a joke?
Don't get your panties in a bunch, the ATP got it wrong (shocker :eek:) but France still got more players in the top 100 in the race (Martin is only 153 in the race) So technically the ATP is right :D.
Are they saying French Tennis > Spanish Tennis?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

great joke :yeah:
:retard: What part of the title don't you understand?
Let me make it simpler for you, if there are more swiss companies than spanish companies in the top 100 of best chocolate makers in the world, does it imply that swiss chocolate>>> spanish chocolate?

psk
11-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Don't get your panties in a bunch, the ATP got it wrong (shocker :eek:) but France still got more players in the top 100 in the race (Martin is only 153 in the race) So technically the ATP is right :D.

:retard: What part of the title don't you understand?
Let me make it simpler for you, if there are more swiss companies than spanish companies in the top 100 of best chocolate makers in the world, does it imply that swiss chocolate>>> spanish chocolate?

No, the ATP haven´t counted the players in the ATP race. Read the new and you will see "South-African Airways ATP Ranking". That is not the Race.

This kind of news are irrelevant for me, but please ATP website responsibles, count properly.

elessar
11-27-2008, 04:10 PM
No, the ATP haven´t counted the players in the ATP race. Read the new and you will see "South-African Airways ATP Ranking". That is not the Race.

Thank you.
This kind of news are irrelevant for me, but please ATP website responsibles, count properly.
ATP websites has been coming up with this kind of shit for years, I think they secretly hate spaniards.

Jimnik
11-27-2008, 04:38 PM
LOL. I thought it was a surprising statistic. Spain had several players in the top 30 that couldn't play the Olympics. I don't remember France coming close to that.

Spain also have three GS and four TMS winners in the top 100. Compared to no GS and one TMS winner on the French side.

For both quality and quantity, Spain > France.

pogotheorist
11-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Also, "dominate" means something much more than "be marginally first by one measure", which is what would be true if it weren't actually false.

Truc
11-27-2008, 04:54 PM
The article doesn't say either that French tennis is better than Spanish tennis.

OK, they missed Martin, so Spain has 15 players in the top 100 and France and Spain are not tied, that's a mistake - one more on the ATP website.

But it's not an article about "which country has the most players in the top 100?", it clearly says that France and Spain are tied (which is wrong, I know), it's just an article about French tennis as one of the dominating nations in 2008. You are a bit overreacting if you try to read anything else into it imo.

JolánGagó
11-27-2008, 05:38 PM
:rolleyes:What part of the title don't you understand?

:retard:

Oh dear... number of GS won, number of ATP tournies won, Davis Cup results, number of top50... can you do your numbers or should I make them simpler for you? :)

I cannot help laughing when someone acussing others of "nationalism" (for f**k sake) agrees with the statement that his country "is dominating" men's tennis and that country is France :lol:

"Im totally in control" yep :rolleyes:

elessar
11-27-2008, 05:47 PM
You retard :lol:
I was laughing at you because you assumed that the ATP was saying France tennis >>> Spanish tennis since they had more players (or the same number :rolleyes:) in the top 100, when they clearly weren't. I used the chocolate example because you spent hours arguing the other day that Spanish chocolate was better than Swiss one even though European markets were flooded with swiss crap as you called it.

You were the one who busted in here without reading the article, not even Richie21 would argue that France has had a better year than Spain.

GlennMirnyi
11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Thing is: everybody knows Spanish tennis is, for the most part, supported by some obscure tactics and crap moonballing, so they just don't count them.

Next.

JolánGagó
11-27-2008, 06:57 PM
You retard :lol:
I was laughing at you because you assumed that the ATP was saying France tennis >>> Spanish tennis since they had more players (or the same number :rolleyes:) in the top 100, when they clearly weren't. I used the chocolate example because you spent hours arguing the other day that Spanish chocolate was better than Swiss one even though European markets were flooded with swiss crap as you called it.

You were the one who busted in here without reading the article, not even Richie21 would argue that France has had a better year than Spain.

Oh dear, you explain too much :lol:

GlennMirnyi
11-27-2008, 07:05 PM
Claire, no use wasting your time.

JolánGagó
11-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Mixed doubles?! :lol:

You'll lose your match if don't focus :p

Forehander
11-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Spain killed tennis.

bokehlicious
11-28-2008, 10:00 AM
French tennis is way more versatile than Spanish. This only thing Spain is doing for years now is bringing monnballers who kill the sport.

GlennMirnyi
11-28-2008, 10:45 AM
Spain killed tennis (2).

JolánGagó
11-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Arseclownish bullshit :rolleyes:

Byrd
11-28-2008, 11:18 AM
Nadal killed tennis

Time Violation
11-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Maybe tennis committed suicide? :p

Damn
11-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Spain killed tennis.

:crying2:

French tennis is way more versatile than Spanish. This only thing Spain is doing for years now is bringing monnballers who kill the sport.

:bigcry:

Spain killed tennis (2).

:retard:

Nadal killed tennis

:explode:

Arseclownish bullshit :rolleyes:

:haha: ACC heroes these dudes

GlennMirnyi
11-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Spain killed the sport and Nadull was the main perpetrator.

Jimnik
11-28-2008, 02:33 PM
LOL. It wasn't Spain's decision to slow down the Wimbledon courts and remove carpet from the tour.

It wasn't Spain's decision to play Davis Cup against Germany and Argentina on medium paced hard courts.

GlennMirnyi
11-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Who made the pressure to slow down Wimbledon? The USA? Of course it was Spain. :rolleyes:

Argentina didn't play in a medium paced hard court.

duong
11-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Spain - 15
France - 14

If Hyung Taek Lee defeats Soeda tonight in Totota challenger,

then Alberto Martin will be out of the top-100,

and Spain and France will both have 14 players in the top-100

duong
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Hyung Taek Lee has lost,

then there are definitely 15 Spanish players in the top-100, more than the 14 French ones.

And another Spanish (Pablo Andujar) is 101st !