Boxing on HBO [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Boxing on HBO

truebluefan
11-26-2008, 07:44 PM
Victor Ortiz vs Jeff Resto - HBO PPV - 12/6/08
http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-upcoming-matches-news-results/7950-victor-ortiz-vs-jeff-resto-hbo-ppv-12-6-08-a.html

Oscar Delahoya vs Manny Pacquiao - HBO PPV - 12/6/08
http://www.boxingforum.com/boxing-upcoming-matches-news-results/6896-oscar-delahoya-vs-manny-pacquiao-hbo-ppv-12-6-08-a.html

Clydey
11-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Cannot wait for DLH vs Pacquiao. Fucking huge fight. Winner will likely face Hatton.

fast_clay
11-26-2008, 09:14 PM
Winner will face Hatton at Wembley or at Man City.... it has to be that way...

Thanos
11-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Cannot wait for DLH vs Pacquiao. Fucking huge fight. Winner will likely face Hatton.

hard!!!

I think pacquiao will take it. Even though, im massive de la hoya fan. Oscar didn't look good against forbes, his hand speed look slower than usual.

i still can't believe that he lost to mayweather and im annoyed that floyd is a chicken shit and avoided the rematch.

oh wells, i hope this fight lives up to the hype.

Clydey
11-27-2008, 02:29 AM
Winner will face Hatton at Wembley or at Man City.... it has to be that way...

Here's the interview I did with Hatton a few years back. Thought you might get a kick out of reading the interview your ol' pal Clydey did with "The Hitman". There's quite a bit about Tszyu in there. ;)

How many of todayís top fighters went unbeaten in the first thirty-seven fights of their career? Not as many as you might think. Even fewer won all thirty-seven. It is, therefore, mighty puzzling why a fighter with a record of 37-0, who regularly attracts crowds of 15,000-20,000 to each fight, still has a question mark hanging over his head. That is, of course, if you ask your average American fight fan. To those in the know, and to those who have had the pleasure of watching Ricky Hatton tear through one opponent after another, there is no doubting his quality. A veritable tornado when on peak form, you would be hard-pressed to find a greater exponent of the British fight game. Indeed, our Ricky has had to fight tooth and nail to get himself into a position where he can no longer be ignored. Even now, doubts remain over whether heíll be first in line to get a shot at the light welterweight king, Kostya Tszyu. Ricky was kind enough to give us his thoughts on such matters ahead of his tune-up fight against Ray Oliveira on Saturday the 11th of December.

SaddoBoxing: Howís your training been going?

Ricky Hatton: Itís been going fantastic really. I didnít have much time off since the last fight, against Mike Stewart, just had a few weeks, so it wasnít too difficult for me to get back in shape. I just went straight back in the gym, kept on top of things, started sparring earlier than what I would normally be, and I feel a lot better for it. And my sparring partners have been good, trainingís gone well, the usual hard slog. Everything couldnít be going better. You know, in the last few fights Iíve picked up a few niggling injuries unfortunately, but nothing as such for this fight. So everything couldnít be going better at the minute.

SB: Oliveira has promised to ďschoolí you the same way he ďschooledí Vivian Harris. Could you give us your thoughts on that and what the fans should expect from the fight?

RH: Well, I think, you know, styles make fights and obviously, you know, funnily enough Ray Oliveira is a guy that throws more punches than me, which is a fair achievement in itself because obviously thatís a part of my game, work rate, volume of punches. So he stands there, he can have a fight, you know, throws plenty of punches. I donít think, from a fanís point of view, you can get a more perfect two styles that should make for a cracking fight. You know, heís never been stopped, so the reality is itís probably not gonna go in the first couple of rounds, so the fans are gonna be in for a treat and get their value for money.

SB: There seems to be a certain degree of risk in taking this fight because he has got a decent record...

RH: (Interrupting) There is, yeah, and a lot of people say that maybe I didnít need to have a fight, with me already having secured my mandatory shot against Kostya Tszyu. Many people see it as a risk and a chance I donít need to take. But I mean, thatís a negative way of thinking of things, I think, because if you do believe youíre the best in the world you shouldnít be worried about whoever youíre fighting, no matter what youíve got, if you truly believe you can beat anybody you step in the ring with. Thatís the way I feel. So I donít see it as a risk, I see it as another fight, another good fight, a tough fight, but a fight that, if Ricky Hatton does what he knows he can do, a fight I should come through. And I think when the fight does come off against Kostya Tszyu, my activeness will hold me in good stead.

SB: The fight is going to be held in London. Youíve had a lot of success at the MEN Arena in Manchester, so why the change of venue?

RH: Last year I had three fights, and obviously at some point in the year youíd expect me to normally get cut, so obviously when you get cut you have to have a little bit longer for recovery. But with me not being cut this year, my promoter, Frank warren, geared me up for having three fights in the year and with me not being cut we both saw it as an opportunity to keep me busy, keep me fighting and squeeze another one in. Unfortunately, the MEN was already fully booked so we couldnít get the MEN, but it doesnít matter in the slightest. Itís a great opportunity; I havenít fought in the capital for three years now, so itís a great opportunity for me to put on a good performance for the London fans, which I havenít obviously done for three years. And I think this opponent, Ray Oliveira, is... what a fight for me to come back to London to do, I suppose, because heís 100 miles an hour and Iím 100 miles an hour and I donít think they could have got a better fight for my return.

SB: There have been a few conflicting reports as to who Kostya Tszyuís next fight will be against. Almost everyone near the top of the division has been mentioned. Does it irritate you that youíve got yourself into this position and youíre still not guaranteed to be his next fight?

RH: Well, I mean, Iím the mandatory and I canít be in any better position in order for him to fight me. If he doesnít want to fight Ricky Hatton, obviously heíll be stripped of his title because Iím not moving from the mandatory position. Thereís been talks that heís gonna fight Arturo Gatti, but I find that hard to believe, seeing as heís still under contract to Showtime and Gattiís with HBO. So I donít know for definite but, from my position, I see that as a no-goer. Unless he has ambitions of moving up a weight, I canít see who in the light welterweight division who he could fight really. Weíre both with Showtime, Iím unbeaten, a massive ticket seller. You know, my fights, no disrespect, because Kostya Tszyu is the number one in the division and rightly so, but more people come to watch me fight and I think I bring a lot to the table. So itís a fight I think he should want.

SB: Is that a fight you would like to have in Manchester or would you prefer to get more exposure by fighting him in America?

RH: Yeah, Iíd like to get it done in Manchester. That would be fantastic, but Iíve been itching to go and box in The States for some time now. So I couldnít care less where it is, to be honest. You know, itís always been my dream to box in Las Vegas and box in America, make my name over there. So whether it be in Manchester or America is irrelevant to me. The main thing is that I get the fight.

SB: How would you see a fight between yourself and Kostya Tszyu going?

RH: Well, you know the old saying ďstyles make fights.Ē And obviously the dangers are there for all to see. Kostya Tszyu has a murderous right hand and obviously if Iím putting the pressure on him Iím gonna have to be very wary of that, be sensible in the way I attack him. But I think Iíve got good head movement, Iíve got good footwork. You know, Iíve got good work rate, pressure, every punch in the book. And the one person who beat Kostya Tszyu, Vince Phillips, he beat him with pressure and I believe in my heart, 100%, that Iím a better fighter than Vince Phillips ever was. Iíd go into the fight as an underdog. Iím nobodyís fool, and I know that. I know a lot of people will be thinking that Kostya Tszyu will be too much for me, but I think the opposite. I think Iíve got a fantastic chance and itís a great, great opportunity for me.

SB: If the fight with Kostya Tszyu doesnít come off, you do have other options. Miguel Cotto is one other such option. Is that something you will be pursuing if the fight with Kostya doesnít come to fruition right away?

RH: Yeah, thatís a possibility. But Iíd be totally and utterly pissed off if this fight doesnít come off, to be honest, because I canít see where else Kostya Tszyu is gonna go. He canít go for Gatti because of the television network situation. You know, I donít know whatís in Kostya Tszyuís mind. He might have ambitions of moving up a weight. If he does maybe have ambitions of moving up a weight, to fight Cory Spinks, youíd probably say heís done enough at light welterweight and deserves the opportunity to be a two-weight world champion. Apart from that, I canít see why thereís anybody out there bigger than Ricky Hatton at the minute. I bring a lot to the table. Style-wise, Iím 100% value for money. I bring a big following to the table, an unbeaten record. I think itís a fight that the television would really love, the fight fans would really love. And I think Iím a worthy challenger.

SB: Could you give us your thoughts on Miguel Cotto, considered to be very much the danger man of the division?

RH: Fantastic fighter, fantastic fighter. I think everyoneís tipping him not only to be a great world champion, but a ďGreatí. Heís been looking absolutely fantastic. Contrary to what everybody seems to think, I donít think heís unbeatable. You know, Iíve seen one or two things in his fights where if he sets off too fast he has to take his foot off the gas a little bit. And just, you know, styles make fights. A high tempo fight obviously suits him, but whether a hot-paced fight, like the one Iíd give him, would suit him, you know, time will only tell. But I think heís the best prospect in world boxing. Styles make fights and nobody could convince me that I couldnít beat Miguel Cotto as well. These are all great, great fights for me, but itís just at the minute obviously Iím in a mandatory position to fight the best in the division, which is Kostya Tszyu. I would be absolutely devastated if that fight doesnít come off.

SB: As Iím sure you know, Junior Witter has spent a lot of time trying to call you out. Bearing that in mind, what would you say to him and whatís your impression of him as a fighter?

RH: I think itís clear to see that Junior Witter is a world-class fighter. He has a very tricky style, heís very dangerous, he can hit, you know. But I think heís a few sandwiches short of a picnic, to be honest. I mean, heís still calling me out, still saying why shouldnít I fight him. And to be honest, thereís two simple answers: Iím in a mandatory position for Kostya Tszyu and Miguel Cotto, so why am I gonna fight him? His talents arenít in doubt. I mean, heís won the British, Commonwealth and I took a lot of stick for some of the people Iíve fought over the last few years and people have said Iíve been protected and not fought the best out there, you know. If there gonna say that about me, whoís beaten Vince Phillips, Ben Tackie, Eamonn Magee, people like that. They must surely doubly say the same thing about Junior Witter, because heís won three belts: The British title against Alan Bosworth; the Commonwealth title against Laatekwei Hammond; The vacant European title against another fellah that isnít ranked in the top twenty anywhere. You know, so heís won three belts but heís not beat no one. And people who seem to knock Ricky Hatton, I just have to say to people, ďLook on Junior Witterís record, heís not beat a top ten fighter.Ē You know, Iíve beat four or five top ten fighters, so Iím just not really interested in Junior Witter. Iíve always been a few paces ahead of him anyway and even more so now, so that fightís dead in the water for me at the minute. But if Junior Witter continues the way heís going and fights for world titles, like he can do, instead of the pillocks he has been fighting then, you know, itís a fight I still would want. But at this moment in time Iím not interested because Iíve got bigger fish to fry.

SB: British fighters often receive a lot of criticism from across the pond for not fighting outside of their own country often enough. Do you feel that criticism is unwarranted?

RH: Well, thatís right, yeah. I mean, weíve got some great fighters in this country: Scott Harrison, Joe Calzaghe, myself. And Iíve no doubt in my mind, given half a chance for us to cross the water, we would. But sometimes itís taken out of the boxerís hands. And the American press and the American fight fans probably think, ďYeah, you know, theyíve got some pretty decent fighters in Britain, but they wonít come over here. They wonít fight our best.Ē Thatís why it means the earth to me that I can fight the best, the best obviously being Kostya Tszyu. You know, if I beat him, then theyíll stand up because I think weíve got British fighters over here to be proud of.

SB: You do have a lot of fans in America. Is going over there, getting more exposure and getting the big money fights something that youíll be looking to get more and more of?

RH: Well, I hope so. I donít really fight like a Brit. I think I fight more like an American. I think I would go down a storm in America. It is a bit puzzling from my point of view, whatís taking me so long to get over there. People forget that Kostya Tszyuís thirty-five; Sharmba Mitchell is thirty-three or thirty-four; Arturo Gattiís thirty-two. As many fights as Iíve had, Iím twenty-six! Iím not in no rush, but Iíd be a liar if I said I wasnít frustrated about not getting over to the States. But Frank Warrenís done a good job with me and Iím sure thatíll be the next step when, hopefully, I get the belt off Kostya Tszyu.

SB: The light welterweight division is probably the best in boxing. Youíve still got lots of fights to make there...

RH: (Interrupting) Oh, itís fantastic, itís fantastic. I mean, weíre not short of big fights to be made out there. Big fights have fallen through for me in the past, but I think theyíre a lot less likely to fall through once youíre the mandatory. Iím in the mandatory for two now, so I fully expect the fight to happen now.

SB: Will you be looking to move up at some point, once youíve achieved all you can at light welterweight?

RH: I donít think so, no. If I was to beat everybody out there, beat Kostya Tszyu, beat Miguel Cotto, beat Floyd Mayweather and all these guys then maybe weíd then look at it, but at the end of the day I canít see me moving up a weight. My natural weight is light welter and I think that will always be the case. If only I was to achieve everything I could at this weight, then I would consider it but thereís so much to do at this weight and thatís all Iím concentrating on.

SB: Vivian Harris is a fighter who you have a history with. You had a fight fall through with him not so long ago. Could you give us a couple of words on him?

RH: Well, Vivian Harris is obviously a dangerous fighter. You know, heís done what Kostya Tszyu couldnít do and stopped Oktay Urkal. A lot of people say heís one of the weaker of the champions, but Iím not too sure. I think he could maybe be one of the most dangerous ones out there. I was down to fight him a couple of times and we couldnít get the fight on. One minute heíd agreed to a purse and agreed to come over, then the week after he changed his mind. So thatís a fight Iíd have liked, but itís never really come off. But hopefully thatís one for the future. I think heís a better fighter than what people give him credit for. Heís a very, very good fighter, a dangerous fighter, but obviously he isnít the name of maybe Kostya Tszyu, Miguel Cotto. I think he needs to fight somebody like a Ricky Hatton, you know, in order to raise his profile a bit. Heís one of the best in the division, but name-wise heís not someone who springs to mind really. And with him holding one of the more recognized belts, I should imagine thatís frustrating for him.

SB: Whatís your opinion of Floyd Mayweather?

RH: Floyd Mayweather is an absolute class act. I think, without doubt, he deserves to be ranked as one of the best pound-for-pound in the world. Heís an amazing talent. Heís come up to light welterweight and heís had one fight, against DeMarcus Corley. He didnít show his usual brilliance, if you like. He did look a class act, but didnít look particularly strong in it. He got shook up and thereís tougher tests out there than DeMarcus Corley. But heís without doubt one of the top guys.

SB: Do you think the weight might be his undoing at this point, though?

RH: It could be. I mean, DeMarcus Corley is a fair puncher but not a murderous puncher. He shook Floyd up and Floyd couldnít get him out of there. But having said that, people like Zab Judah couldnít get him out of there, to be fair. I think somebody at this weight division, with a little bit more class, a little bit more power, you know, could probably beat Mayweather. I mean, thatís no foregone conclusion because I think heís pure class and from a boxing fanís point of view, is a dream to watch.

SB: Do you always plan to stay involved in boxing?

RH: I would do, that would be the next move I think. Becoming a world champion yourself, you need something to replace that buzz. I think the second best thing, after being a champion, is to maybe produce a champion. I think thatís what Iíd like to do. I canít see myself without boxing, to be honest. Whatever happens, I think Iíll still be involved in boxing in one way or another.

SB: Do you have anything to add, maybe to your fans, before we wrap up?

RH: Just that the fans mean so much to me. Obviously I always get the mic after the fight, whenever I box, thank the fans. It means a lot to me what the fans think. Thatís why itís been frustrating for me, thinking that fight fans out there think Iím shying away from the big fights, and shying away from going over to the States. Itís very, very frustrating because what the fans think means a great deal to me. The proof is in the pudding, you know. And at the end of the day, when I come through his fight against a top contender, a very tough and well-respected guy, and hopefully take that belt from Kostya Tszyu, which Iím very confident of doing, maybe then people will stand up and say, ďRicky said heíd do it and heís done it.Ē Not only do I deserve my shot against the best, but my fans do as well because theyíve been very, very loyal. Theyíve given me 100% support and they deserve it just as much as I do.

SB: Well, thanks for your time, Ricky.

RH: No problem at all.

SB: I really hope you get the fight with Kostya and get the result you deserve.

RH: Thank you very much.

James MacDonald

fast_clay
11-27-2008, 03:57 AM
solid interview... he never changes Hatton does he... salt of the earth, telling it like it is... you get that with the northern folk tho... for sure his style is all bustle, its great to watch.... but, all of him is the real deal... sounds confident, but, never over the top, paying respect to all out there...

the put down of Witter was a well deserved put down... i dont mind Witter, but, he made the mistake of forgetting about Junior Witter... and treating Hatton like Lendl treated Wimbledon... an obsession... i think Witter was fair enough in calling him out... any fighter can say anything, but, you remember yourself, it was repetitive and just noise in the end as he started to believe in his own hype...

as for Kostya... well, i stopped posting on aussie boxing message boards after the Hatton loss... broke me harder than 100 fedtards collectively brain haemorraging last summer... a lot of people were saying Kostya had no heart, that he didnt fall on his sword... and, i just said: well, its just a game in the end... a pretty dangerous game, but... maybe in the 11th, the win or the loss didnt matter that much in the place that Hatton took him...

but Hatton is a worthy replacement at the weight... and, to be honest... he looks and sound just as good now after that Malignaggi bout, as he did and does around the time of that interview... IMO...

:yeah:
Hatton is still the same warrior spirit...

Thanos
12-06-2008, 10:44 PM
oscar vs manny in couple of hours!!!

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:00 PM
oscar vs manny in couple of hours!!!

Can't wait.

Carl Froch just became the new WBC super middleweight champion. I interviewed him twice and he's a great guy. I'm fucking over the moon for him. What a fight.

Byrd
12-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Clydey you post on Saddo?, I ghost that forum every now and then :haha:

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Clydey you post on Saddo?, I ghost that forum every now and then :haha:

Not anymore. I used to moderate the forum and I was the copy editor for the site. You'll find all the interviews I did on there. I stopped posting there years ago, though. I moderated that forum for a year or two. That was my home for about 3 years :D. I spent about 10 hours a day on there. Feeling a little nostalgic after the Froch fight. Brought me back to when I was really involved in the boxing scene.

bad gambler
12-06-2008, 11:14 PM
c'mon Manny work the golden boy over tonight

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:17 PM

DLH might be too big for him :(

Thanos
12-06-2008, 11:17 PM

:lol: manny is the favourite coming into the fight. hes at his peak form, who knows what oscar being doing. I just hope its a good fight

fast_clay
12-06-2008, 11:19 PM
i cant believe i just wasted my time watching another audley harrison fight... just reminded me why he's one of my most hated sportsman... so full of sh!t....

bad gambler
12-06-2008, 11:25 PM
DLH might be too big for him :(

Sadly I agree but still an intriguing fight to watch for so many reasons. Pacquiao with the speed advantage but is giving away 4 inches in height and around a 6 inch reach disadvantage.

DLH handpicked this fight as well, Manny knows the results but hey he gets a few $$ for his troubles :lol:

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:26 PM
i cant believe i just wasted my time watching another audley harrison fight... just reminded me why he's one of my most hated sportsman... so full of sh!t....

Did you not get the Carl Froch fight? You should have seen this thing. Total barnburner. Both of them took shots that I couldn't believe. Fight of the year.

Byrd
12-06-2008, 11:26 PM

Fraudley was finished 5 years ago, you should of watched an animal eat its own shit, would of got more entertainment out of it.

On a sidenote, Froch wasn't that impressive, and I reckon will get knocked out by whoever he defends his title against, maybe Kessler if he gets him. Pacman FTW :rocker2:

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Fraudley was finished 5 years ago, you should of watched an animal eat its own shit, would of got more entertainment out of it.

On a sidenote, Froch wasn't that impressive, and I reckon will get knocked out by whoever he defends his title against, maybe Kessler if he gets him. Pacman FTW :rocker2:

I thought Froch was outstanding.

Not sure how he's going to get knocked out when he takes such a great punch. Kessler doesn't hit nearly as Pascal, in my opinion. The way he took shots reminded me of Morales in his prime.

Byrd
12-06-2008, 11:40 PM
I thought Froch was outstanding.

Not sure how he's going to get knocked out when he takes such a great punch. Kessler doesn't hit nearly as Pascal, in my opinion. The way he took shots reminded me of Morales in his prime.

Yeah it was a good fight, very entertaing, and a good match for the neutral, but it didn't really make me think Froch will be a legitimate 'world champion' one day. When he fights against higher quality fighters, he will be exposed.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:42 PM
Yeah it was a good fight, very entertaing, and a good match for the neutral, but it didn't really make me think Froch will be a legitimate 'world champion' one day. When he fights against higher quality fighters, he will be exposed.

He's the WBC champ right now. Not that it matters until he fights a top, top fighter. The only thing that concerns me is the ease with which he can be hit. He got caught flush so many times tonight it wasn't even funny. If that had been Khan, he would have been carried out in a bodybag.

fast_clay
12-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Did you not get the Carl Froch fight? You should have seen this thing. Total barnburner. Both of them took shots that I couldn't believe. Fight of the year.

nah... when was it on...? on ppv...? i just got home in time to watch Darchinian's unification win on Eurosport :come on c**t: :rocker2: then saw khan beat up some bum... :o ... then harrison get out worked... by... a... taxi driver... literally :lol: ... best bit was audleys comments afterwards... :lol: best show so far... :lol: they have to make this guy piss in a cup for sure... he's in f**king la la land... c*** should stop sniffing glue...

Byrd
12-06-2008, 11:45 PM
He's the WBC champ right now. Not that it matters until he fights a top, top fighter. The only thing that concerns me is the ease with which he can be hit. He got caught flush so many times tonight it wasn't even funny. If that had been Khan, he would have been carried out in a bodybag.

Pretty much my point in a nutshell :D, and Khan's glass chin will be a burden throughout his career, along with working with Frank 'I like to protect my fighters and give them bums to fight' Warren. I seriously can't think of someone who went on and had alot of success with such a shite chin :lol:

fast_clay
12-06-2008, 11:46 PM

turth be known mate, i am pretty f**king disappointed in myself... i said i wouldnt do it again...:mad:

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:51 PM
nah... when was it on...? on ppv...? i just got home in time to watch Darchinian's unification win on Eurosport :come on c**t: :rocker2: then saw khan beat up some bum... :o ... then harrison get out worked... by... a... taxi driver... literally :lol: ... best bit was audleys comments afterwards... :lol: best show so far... :lol: they have to make this guy piss in a cup for sure... he's in f**king la la land... c*** should stop sniffing glue...

It was on ITV here, so there's a fair chance you wouldn't have got it.

What did Fraudley say after the fight? He really is just a giant lump of shite. Can't believe how hyped he was.

Byrd
12-06-2008, 11:52 PM
turth be known mate, i am pretty f**king disappointed in myself... i said i wouldnt do it again...:mad:

Meh shit happens, watch the Pacman-DLH match 2nite, that will make up 4 it :yeah:

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Meh shit happens, watch the Pacman-DLH match 2nite, that will make up 4 it :yeah:

You staying up until 4am for it, too?

Byrd
12-06-2008, 11:56 PM
You staying up until 4am for it, too?

I thought it was 2am :lol:, but I probably will considering its a sunday, and I'm a student, so fuck all to do anyway.

Clydey
12-06-2008, 11:59 PM
I thought it was 2am :lol:, but I probably will considering its a sunday, and I'm a student, so fuck all to do anyway.

Nah, the main event is usually about 4am GMT. Maybe we'll get it a bit sooner if the undercard is filled with rapid knockouts :lol:

I don't really have anything to get up for either, but I promised myself that I'd try and finish my sociology shit tomorrow.

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 12:07 AM

i cant wait for this... i always like mis-weight encounters.... kinda like when jones jr n ruiz got it on, for me... except... both halves are class this time...

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 12:13 AM
i watched diaz n paccy there the other night... man... pacman was just chopping the skin up off both hands... sick...

Clydey
12-07-2008, 12:17 AM
i cant wait for this... i always like mis-weight encounters.... kinda like when jones jr n ruiz got it on, for me... except... both halves are class this time...

Ruiz :haha:

He was always a figure of fun over on SaddoBoxing. He didn't even throw punches. He just went in for the bearhug everytime ala Nole at the net after a match.

Byrd
12-07-2008, 12:22 AM
Ruiz-Valuev, made Fraudley look good.

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
:lol:

big loaf is still getting about i think... i gave jones some stick for fighting a stiff i remember... didnt go down well with most...

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 12:23 AM
:lol: @ nolehug

ImmzB
12-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Amir Khan Bang Bang!!

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 12:39 AM
ImmzB... you are a Khan fan...!!! :rocker2:

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:05 AM
did anyone hear that...? pac's put on more weight since the weigh in than oscar...!! did anyone catch the stats on that...?

Clydey
12-07-2008, 02:29 AM
did anyone hear that...? pac's put on more weight since the weigh in than oscar...!! did anyone catch the stats on that...?

Not got the sound on. Listening to music. Only have one eye on the undercard fights.

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:42 AM
i just missed the numbers as i walked in to the room... but, the commentators sounded very alarmed by it...

Clydey
12-07-2008, 02:48 AM
i just missed the numbers as i walked in to the room... but, the commentators sounded very alarmed by it...

Oh shit, Larry Merchant is on. The Dennis Hopper of HBO.

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:52 AM
http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-article/6412/manny-weighs-more-than-oscar/

147 -148.5 in favour of pac right now... :eek:

Thanos
12-07-2008, 02:53 AM
:lol: usher in the crowd, i wonder if tyson will try to eat his children

Clydey
12-07-2008, 02:54 AM
http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-article/6412/manny-weighs-more-than-oscar/

147 -148.5 in favour of pac right now... :eek:

Let's make this interesting.

Who are you going for? I'll put my money on the other one. That's 6000 VCash. Link Mage has killed/fellated men for less than that. What say you?

Clydey
12-07-2008, 02:56 AM
:lol: usher in the crowd, i wonder if tyson will try to eat his children

Funniest speech ever.

"I'm gonna eat his children. I'm the best...I'm the mot ruthless champion there's ever been. praise be, Allah!"

He was almost incoherent.

CwFW834Mrcc

Thanos
12-07-2008, 02:58 AM
this philiphino woman singer is very tapable

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:58 AM
De La Hoya...

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:02 AM
De La Hoya...

Ok, I'll take Pacquiao. I don't use VCash anyway :mad:

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:06 AM
my motivation for the choice is a de la hoya fight with hatton... something i dont think happens if he loses... tho, i think pac-hatton CAN still happen despite a loss due to the way a mis-weight match up like this is perceived...

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:11 AM
my motivation for the choice is a de la hoya fight with hatton... something i dont think happens if he loses... tho, i think pac-hatton CAN still happen despite a loss due to the way a mis-weight match up like this is perceived...

Yeah, I agree. Pac has a ready-made excuse. No real pressure on him tonight. He's by far the smaller fighter, even though he weighed in heavier today :eek:

Thanos
12-07-2008, 03:17 AM
de la hoya look old and slow

fast_clay
sheesh... pac looks good...

fast_clay
we'll see if de la hoya can slow him down by mid fight... pac is so elusive

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:21 AM
All Pacman so far. DLH can't catch him. Little fucker is so fast.

Thanos
12-07-2008, 03:21 AM
i think longer the fight goes the better its for manny. hes like a energiser bunny

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:25 AM
30-28 pac rd3 for me...

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:29 AM
Tell you what, DLH is going to get put down if he doesn't sort his tactics out. Pacquiao hurt him in that round.

bad gambler
12-07-2008, 03:30 AM
Pacman all 4 rounds so far I reckon

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:33 AM
5-0. Mountain to climb for DLH.

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:34 AM
embarrassing... crikey... weight drained, limp wristed f***... cant slow him down if you dont throw any... may as well throw em now you d!ckhead, you're getting hit anyway...

Thanos
12-07-2008, 03:34 AM
oscar right eye is already puffing up not a good sign

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:35 AM
DLH isn't proactive enough. He's trying to counter, but he's not fast enough.

Thanos
12-07-2008, 03:37 AM
sorry i meant left eye hehe

Clydey
12-07-2008, 03:38 AM
Justin, you paid up a bit early :lol:

I wasn't actually all that serious. If it was real money, I'd give it back in an instant.

bad gambler
12-07-2008, 03:40 AM
Get him Manny!!

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:41 AM
heh heh.. i gave it in rd 4...

Clydey
This fight is over. DLH looks like he wants it stopped.

Thanos
some great tactics from oscar in round 7 stay in the corner ropes and cop hit the body and head

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:43 AM
just too many angles.... when you are that good, the field of play levels out...

bad gambler
12-07-2008, 03:44 AM
Going to be TKO soon

bad gambler
12-07-2008, 03:45 AM
What a performance Manny :bowdown:

P4P king

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:47 AM
retired dlh... at $55 bucks a ticket i hope it was worth it crowd.... with that shitty, shitty undercard... de la hoya looked worse than mark woodfordes two handed backhand... sh!thouse...

Thanos
12-07-2008, 03:48 AM
:lol: manny is the favourite coming into the fight. hes at his peak form, who knows what oscar being doing. I just hope its a good fight

:p

this remind me of the ken shamrock vs tito ortiz fight. its was a complete beatdown

bad gambler
12-07-2008, 03:49 AM
At least Golden Boy has $40m to spend on a face reconstruction

Nathaliia
12-07-2008, 03:51 AM
go back singing with your gay friend Ricky Martin, DLH :lol:

Manny the champ :D

Thanos
12-07-2008, 03:52 AM
At least Golden Boy has $40m to spend on a face reconstruction

he needs it for his singing career..

oh wells, if manny does fight hatton i hope manny destroy him

bad gambler
12-07-2008, 03:52 AM
Wonder who Pacman could fight next?

Hatton? Margarito? or even Moneybills Mayweather

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 03:58 AM
i wanted hatton to retire dlh... :(

theMEESH
12-07-2008, 04:05 AM
Yay!!!! :bowdown: :bounce:

Pacquiao!

Thanos
12-07-2008, 04:07 AM
Yay!!!! :bowdown: :bounce:

Pacquiao!

are the people going off there??

Byrd
12-07-2008, 02:20 PM
I smell a fix worse than Donkey's, DLH wasn't even trying out there, and DLH is trying to big up Pacman for another big pay day against Hatton due to the Golden Boy productions bullshit...

fast_clay
12-07-2008, 02:37 PM
it was despicable...

Clydey
12-07-2008, 04:05 PM
I smell a fix worse than Donkey's, DLH wasn't even trying out there, and DLH is trying to big up Pacman for another big pay day against Hatton due to the Golden Boy productions bullshit...

Pacquiao is promoted by Bob Arum, though. Not sure what DLH would get out of purposely taking a beating like that. That's not to say that his performance was good. It was awful. I just don't see what his motivation could have been. He had motive in the Hopkins fight, and I find that fight suspicious to this day.