Tennis Tipping Managers Thread 2009

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Zirconek
03-13-2009, 12:11 AM
I want Ostrava :tape:

back-up: Izmir :p

jmjhb
03-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Thanks for giving me the chance! I won't disappoint :)

Boarder35m
03-13-2009, 12:51 AM
If noone else wants to do Rhodes CH I would like to manage it as well :wavey:

Ozone
03-13-2009, 01:56 AM
:haha: i didnt read this :spit: im so sorry :p

ostrava and bordeaux for me then :p

EDIT: Edu :ras: i asked for ostrava first :ras: :lol: ville just write my name on anything on Europe :awww:
No no, don't worry you are to kind. I don't think the officers or whatever will let me since I am a 1st timer. Thanks though:wavey:

Zirconek
03-13-2009, 02:12 AM

EDIT: Edu :ras: i asked for ostrava first :ras: :lol: ville just write my name on anything on Europe :awww:

Ray :hug:

you know the special feeling I have for the Czech TT tournaments :p and it's already a tradition :o

and you make every tournament you manage special :)

Ozone
03-13-2009, 02:13 AM
I second that Edu. Good job Ray:)

-Evita-
03-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I would like to take the Johannesburg challenger :)

Björki
03-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Ray, no ATP tournament? :sad:

ClaudiuS
03-13-2009, 03:21 PM
3rd round of singles or 2nd round of doubles = out of qualies
4th round of singles or 3rd round of doubles = out of MD

this also depends on how many rounds of qualies might be needed

To make it clear, you were talking about the players that could be playing qualies isn't?

So if there are no qualies in a tournament, because of the N° of players. Can I wait for changes, LE, doubles commitments until Sunday or depending of the chosen round of IW? :shrug:

Labamba
03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Karlsruhe please :wavey:

:yeah:

Ramat Hasharon & Bordeaux

Edu has always first choice for the Czech challengers :D

I want Ostrava :tape:

back-up: Izmir :p

I was counting on you :worship:

If noone else wants to do Rhodes CH I would like to manage it as well :wavey:

I would like to take the Johannesburg challenger :)

Labamba
03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
To make it clear, you were talking about the players that could be playing qualies isn't?

So if there are no qualies in a tournament, because of the N° of players. Can I wait for changes, LE, doubles commitments until Sunday or depending of the chosen round of IW? :shrug:

yes

and you can wait

Colt th magnific
03-13-2009, 06:03 PM
Rome CH if possible ... :wavey:

FiBeR
03-13-2009, 08:20 PM
:yeah: thanks ville

Ray, no ATP tournament? :sad:

:awww: i volunteered for the 2 Clay MS Rome & Madrid but the boardmembers took it :ras: :lol: so only RG S for me for now :rolls:

ExcaliburII
03-13-2009, 10:50 PM
We are lucky. RG will be a disaster.

ClaudiuS
03-14-2009, 12:01 PM
yes

and you can wait

Okay.

But wait until Sunday night?
The matches in IW finish around 2 am where I live. So I'll have to wait until that to make the draws? Marrakech should start also on Monday?

mcarvalho
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Okay.

But wait until Sunday night?
The matches in IW finish around 2 am where I live. So I'll have to wait until that to make the draws? Marrakech should start also on Monday?

In my opinion you should wait. You can post the OOP today with time for everybody send to you their picks. And you could make the draws late at night or Monday morning. I think no one will be mad with that. I won't.;)

l_mac
03-14-2009, 08:04 PM
In my opinion you should wait. You can post the OOP today with time for everybody send to you their picks. And you could make the draws late at night or Monday morning. I think no one will be mad with that. I won't.;)

I don't think that's acceptable to expect the manager to do that.

Filipo
03-14-2009, 08:21 PM

i think this is the used way for such cases. everybody, who is the entry list have to send picks, and draw will be made shortly before play starts :)

ClaudiuS
03-14-2009, 08:33 PM
i think this is the used way for such cases. everybody, who is the entry list have to send picks, and draw will be made shortly before play starts :)

Okay, so the thing is...

Wait until the round played on Sunday in IW to be finished. Everyone should send picks, so OOP could be posted Sunday afternoon, as usual. :p

And draws could be made, after taking out the players that are still playing in IW after Sunday's matches. But...the matches finished around 3 am here :o and that sucks hard for me. :p (for ex. Massú's match against Schwank finished around 4:00 am on my timezone.)

Is there any other chance of putting the draws a bit later or a bit earlier than that? :awww:

Or am I asking too much?

Filipo
03-14-2009, 09:37 PM
maybe a variant is to do the draws right before play starts in Marrakech, but without looking in picks of all players. otherwise you can be blamed in fixing :)

ClaudiuS
03-14-2009, 10:07 PM
maybe a variant is to do the draws right before play starts in Marrakech, but without looking in picks of all players. otherwise you can be blamed in fixing :)

I still don't know why this is getting so complicated :haha:

Best thing should be...make the draws at the time when I have to post the OOP for Monday. That should be Sunday afternoon/night.

I guess this thing would have been a lot more easier if the deadline of the players who are able to play in CH after IW, wasn't hours near to the first matches on Monday to start. :rolleyes: I'm sorry to say this but this is getting just near ridiculous.

-Evita-
03-14-2009, 10:26 PM
As I said before, I see no reason why you shouldn't do the draw right now. You have 32 players so what's the problem? If a player drops out on Sunday night then his/her opponent will get a Bye. I think this is according to the rules :shrug:

l_mac
03-14-2009, 10:29 PM
As I said before, I see no reason why you shouldn't do the draw right now. You have 32 players so what's the problem? If a player drops out on Sunday night then his/her opponent will get a Bye. I think this is according to the rules :shrug:

There are at least 9 players still inviolved in IW. What if they draw each other and then both have to drop out? The you have to start re-jigging the draw when you already have peoples' picks.

-Evita-
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
There are at least 9 players still inviolved in IW. What if they draw each other and then both have to drop out? The you have to start re-jigging the draw when you already have peoples' picks.

Yes, the real problem is that there are no alternates for Marrakech. But anyway, I would think that the draw doesn't get redone in such a situation, there simply would be no match in this case.

But of course I could be wrong. Where are the board members when you need them? :(

l_mac
03-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Yes, the real problem is that there are no alternates for Marrakech. But anyway, I would think that the draw doesn't get redone in such a situation, there simply would be no match in this case.

But of course I could be wrong. Where are the board members when you need them? :(

I think it would have to get re-done, or you could have some players with a bye through to QF.

Crvena Zvezda
03-15-2009, 07:58 AM
I think it would have to get re-done, or you could have some players with a bye through to QF.

My opinion doesn't worth anything because :

- it is regardless about TT rules
- I'm involved in Marrakech case
- I have never comited as a manager.

But a fair draw could be :

Making the draw on Sunday.
Everybody send
People in IW R16 are out
If there is a free spot in Marrakech R16 (both R32 opponent out), you give a special LL spot to the best looser of Marrakech R32
This case is very unlikely, only 9 people out of 32 still in IW, and maybe less after IW R32 (drikke or myself for instance).

l_mac
03-15-2009, 10:38 AM

Everybody send
People in IW R16 are out
If there is a free spot in Marrakech R16 (both R32 opponent out), you give a special LL spot to the best looser of Marrakech R32
This case is very unlikely, only 9 people out of 32 still in IW, and maybe less after IW R32 (drikke or myself for instance).

No LL after R1.

It doesn't matter now, because someone is helping Claudio and making the draw after the IW results are known.

Rik.
03-15-2009, 12:06 PM
is it allowed to send different picks for singles and doubles? :)
I know it is on wtaworld, but I don't know how it's here

-Evita-
03-15-2009, 12:19 PM
No, it's not allowed here. I think every tournament thread's first post contains this little bit of information ;)

keqtqiadv
03-15-2009, 12:25 PM

Everybody send
People in IW R16 are out
Yes, no LL after R1. :p Moving the opponents of the best ranked players who didn't receive byes to those two spots is a better option imo.
is it allowed to send different picks for singles and doubles? :)
I know it is on wtaworld, but I don't know how it's here
The same picks for singles and doubles

Only one set of picks will be accepted, the same picks will be used for both singles and doubles.

Crvena Zvezda
03-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Yes, no LL after R1. :p Moving the opponents of the best ranked players who didn't receive byes to those two spots is a better option imo.
I know that rule and that's why I said "regardless of TT rules" and my opinion is "worthless"...

But I find it really amusing how fast you reacted to it...:worship:

It's more fair to TT Classic Members to give the spot to Best Ranked player (even when crapping in R32) than Best Looser... I don't really know who fairly deserve it the most :devil:

Those "Classic Players" wants to keep their points and their ranking with any means... and never faced the actual start of a newcomer now (qualies even in CH with no points.....and totally unknown or unexperienced players to pick)

I really don't care because it's just a game (and I've already made my ranking now),but it's very pathetic (as well as "Best Ranked win" step as the end of Tie Break rules)...

Probably, you should place yourself in the place of a newcomer. ;)

It's human to keep its own privilege and the same exists in actual atp, I remember a time when half of the draw was US tennis players and everything was made and decided in favour of US players...

But it could have been fun if TT was a little bit fair than the realworld:angel:

Tytta!.
03-15-2009, 02:49 PM

:confused:

It's more fair to TT Classic Members to give the spot to Best Ranked player (even when crapping in R32) than Best Looser... I don't really know who fairly deserve it the most :devil:

TT Classic Members = players who have been playing TT since the beginning, who helped this game to be what it is, who give their best to contribute and help with rules, and even explain what the right ones are.

Those "Classic Players" wants to keep their points and their ranking with any means... and never faced the actual start of a newcomer now (qualies even in CH with no points.....and totally unknown or unexperienced players to pick)

I think everyone around here has faced qualifying before (at least once) :lol: You are not the first and won't be the last to go through that. :hug:

I really don't care because it's just a game (and I've already made my ranking now),but it's very pathetic (as well as "Best Ranked win" step as the end of Tie Break rules)...

It's horrible to win a match by ranking, but at the end if there's no other option left, what can you do? There are a lot of steps this year to avoid that, by the way, like GD.

I think everyone here was a newcomer when they started playing TT.

But it could have been fun if TT was a little bit fair than the realworld:angel:

I think TT is a very fair game, but you can always share your opinions and suggestions :hug:

keqtqiadv
03-15-2009, 03:27 PM
:confused: I just wanted to post about the draw problem. It was not directed to you, and my opinion surely has nothing to do with any rankings. I decided to start with that because it was possible to win a tournament after losing a match before, and I really don't miss those times :tape: The seeded players would receive the byes if the draw is made after the results are decided.

ClaudiuS
03-15-2009, 03:33 PM

I started TT in 2007 I was playing qualifying rounds in challengers. :shrug:

I only moved my ranking because I won a few of them, and then I got a good result in a GS.

And I didn't get any benefits, like the ones you're asking now. So It wouldn't be fair.

bavaria100
03-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Just a little question. Why don't we have singles and doubles race rankings this year?

TankingTheSet
03-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I know that rule and that's why I said "regardless of TT rules" and my opinion is "worthless"...

It's human to keep its own privilege and the same exists in actual atp, I remember a time when half of the draw was US tennis players and everything was made and decided in favour of US players...

I fully agree with your general view that TT has elitist chareristics that strongly favours high-ranked players and players have been able to maintain a high ranking for a long time. A lot of these players were ranked top-100 or top-50 from the start of TT and still are because they were always high-ranked and never faced a huge risk of losing their ranking even if their win-loss ratio was below average (experience has shown that TT players ranked in the top-50/80 must have a catastrophic win-loss ratio or long periods of absence to drop out of the top-100 -- it rarely happens otherwise).

However, this particular case is not really related, keqtqiadv and others are trying keep the rules consistent in cases like this, I don't think this is spefically related to the issue of high-ranked players being priviledged. I even think the board does recognize the potential problem of high-ranked players been priviledged in TT, which is also apparent from the fact that the ATP ranking changes were not followed this year (which would have resulted in a huge increase of the already present advantage for high-ranked players).

In the past I have raised this issue before, and also made mathematical and statistical arguments about it in relation to match win chances in TT in comparison with the real ATP and the way a "good TT player" playing challengers improves his ranking compared to the way a "good ATP player" playing challengers can improve his ranking. The essence is: a really good ATP player would quickly improve his ranking in challengers and ATP qualifying because his chances of winning a match against lesser opponents would be high (like 90%). However in TT the chances of a good TT player to win a match are rarely better than 55-60%, because of the large amount of luck involved. Therefore, winning streaks are much more difficult to maintain even for good TT players playing challengers or qually, compared to the real ATP. So this argument illustrates why a 100% modelling of the ATP in TT can create a bias towards higher ranked players in TT that even when it was not present in the real ATP.

A side issue that low-ranked players in TT have to predict challenger players that they never heard about -- this is very counter-intuitive to attractive players to the game or even the picking ability of TT players (high-ranked TT players should in practice be especially good in predicting challenger matches because of their tennis knowledge -- I think most high-ranked TT players enjoy TT challengers a lot when they get the chance). In the past I have suggested a partial solution for this, in the form of a "parallel tournaments" that mirror a real ATP or AMS tournament but only gives challenger level ranking points. For example in the week of Monte Carlo their would be an AMS Monte Carlo but also Monte Carlo TT challenger for lower ranked players. The draws and OOPs could be completely identical, the only difference being the ranking points awarded. This concept would have the big advantage of allowing low-ranked TT players to pick well-known players, watch matches on TV or internet, have scoreboards etc.

At the same time, challengers TT do have a big charm.

:wavey: Discussion about the TT ranking system and tournaments structure should be directed to the RULES thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=90040

I have copied this message there.

l_mac
03-15-2009, 04:45 PM
Indian Wells is my first experience of co-managing, and I am very irritated with the players who only bother to send to one manager.

Personally, I see no reason why I should accept picks from players who don't bother to send to me. And this is not first time players I am talking about.

Has anyone investigated the influx of new Polish TT players - Bashak, Budic, Kazik, Cinek etc. All sending similar picks, all newly registered, if one doesn't send none send etc etc.

TankingTheSet
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Has anyone investigated the influx of new Polish TT players - Bashak, Budic, Kazik, Cinek etc. All sending similar picks, all newly registered, if one doesn't send none send etc etc.

:tape: A little suspect to say the least, it's not like something like that hasn't happened before :tape:

Should be easy enough to investigate by the mods by checking IP.

TankingTheSet
03-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Indian Wells is my first experience of co-managing, and I am very irritated with the players who only bother to send to one manager.

Personally, I see no reason why I should accept picks from players who don't bother to send to me. And this is not first time players I am talking about.

I think it can help to clearly state that ALL PLAYERS must send to both managers, it creates less confusion, and even lazy/unwilling players could be inclined to comply. It is a little more inconvient for the (co-)managers in some ways, but I think practice it is more manageable. A co-manager for the doubles draw for example should be able to skip PMs from players that are only in singles without much trouble. It also create a convenient fall-back when one of the managers is unavailable for some reason.

l_mac
03-15-2009, 06:29 PM
I think it can help to clearly state that ALL PLAYERS must send to both managers, it creates less confusion, and even lazy/unwilling players could be inclined to comply. It is a little more inconvient for the (co-)managers in some ways, but I think practice it is more manageable. A co-manager for the doubles draw for example should be able to skip PMs from players that are only in singles without much trouble. It also create a convenient fall-back when one of the managers is unavailable for some reason.

For sure it must be very, very hard for players to send picks to the manager specified in the OOP. :rolleyes:

Allez-Alejo
03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Every OOP has specified to send to BOTH managers if you are in BOTH draws. There is no reason why players shouldn't send to the correct manager and no reason why they shouldn't send picks in the preferred format.

Also, in regards to the ranking issue of TT. I started playing 2 years ago at this very time period in the season. I toiled for a while, but then won a few tournaments and eventually got into the top 30...then last year I stunk and am now in the 80's. Thus, I don't think the system is unfair. If they players consistently in the top 50 did not tip well, they would fall.

Forever-Delayed
03-15-2009, 08:31 PM
TT Board :wavey:

When I try to open the Order of Play for Bangkok on the ATP site it says that the file is damaged and could not be repaired, thus meaning that the OOP doesn't open and doesn't show.

Without a website for the tournament (that I have been able to find) and any other method of finding out the OOP, it looks like there isn't going to be an accurate OOP out of the website.

The solution I was planning on using if one doesn't appear would just be to ask picks to be sent for all the possible matches that could be played tomorrow, and then only count the matches which are actually played.

Any objections to this happening, or any other solutions that you have? Or does the OOP open for anyone else?

Crvena Zvezda
03-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I started TT in 2007 I was playing qualifying rounds in challengers. :shrug:

I only moved my ranking because I won a few of them, and then I got a good result in a GS.

And I didn't get any benefits, like the ones you're asking now. So It wouldn't be fair.

Happy to know you made your own way...

But it's not because it was hard for you, that every other player has to experienced that unfair system.

For information, I'm not asking any benefits for myself, I'm happy with my ranking.

Just some ways to privilege better players over higher ranked as in the exemple "better looser over higher ranked looser to get the free spot).

Taz Warrior
03-15-2009, 11:10 PM
TT Board :wavey:

When I try to open the Order of Play for Bangkok on the ATP site it says that the file is damaged and could not be repaired, thus meaning that the OOP doesn't open and doesn't show.

Without a website for the tournament (that I have been able to find) and any other method of finding out the OOP, it looks like there isn't going to be an accurate OOP out of the website.

The solution I was planning on using if one doesn't appear would just be to ask picks to be sent for all the possible matches that could be played tomorrow, and then only count the matches which are actually played.

Any objections to this happening, or any other solutions that you have? Or does the OOP open for anyone else?

Thats sounds like the best option :yeah:

-Evita-
03-16-2009, 12:03 AM

Another Polish player - 28111207 - committed to both Miami and Barletta :scratch: Someone should really check them out.

TankingTheSet
03-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Every OOP has specified to send to BOTH managers if you are in BOTH draws. There is no reason why players shouldn't send to the correct manager and no reason why they shouldn't send picks in the preferred format.

You're right, but I guess the TT community just has some illiterate or arrogant donkeys that can't be bettered, a bit like the drug-addicts in a local community that don't follow the rules. We can try to address the illiterate part by trying to get the instructions on how to send picks across in a moron-proof manner, otherwise I am not quite sure what can be done. Except maybe the the TT jail system with warnings when not sending correctly, three strikes and you're out, and all that stuff...

Crvena Zvezda
03-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Another Polish player - 28111207 - committed to both Miami and Barletta :scratch: Someone should really check them out.

If I wanted to have double account, and have time too...
I think I wouldn't choose the same country for every one, but some tennis exotic one like Greece:devil: and would be very noisy with this account so that anybody can't suspect double account...

But I felt strange and weird this new army of synchronised polish players too...

Taz Warrior
03-16-2009, 01:41 PM
If anyone has any suspicions about multiple accounts send a pm to the board and with all the suspected usernames and we will get the mods to check out IP addresses :D

If you have examples where they have posted in a similar manner or where they've made similar spelling mistakes, etc to support this that would be a great help as well

Ozone
03-17-2009, 12:53 AM
Polish players vicek, robus, and Marcelwks all comitted to Miami almost consecutively. Someone needs to check this Polish trio out. Slightly similar join dates too.

Ozone
03-17-2009, 12:55 AM
Also, I might be wrong, Nick Simioni and Milton are 2 Brazilian literrally joining at the same time and playing tourneys together and posting almost back-to-back when they say they are playing doubles toghether. Check out Cherbourg challenger for example.

gaynor
03-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Polish players vicek, robus, and Marcelwks all comitted to Miami almost consecutively. Someone needs to check this Polish trio out. Slightly similar join dates too.

You're joking, right?

Ozone
03-17-2009, 02:56 AM
What would I be joking about? Im slightly new to MTF. Maybe these guys are legends. Just trying to help.

Caio_Brasil
03-17-2009, 03:03 AM

These are very well-known MTF games players, no sense to raise this issue.

Also, I might be wrong, Nick Simioni and Milton are 2 Brazilian literrally joining at the same time and playing tourneys together and posting almost back-to-back when they say they are playing doubles toghether. Check out Cherbourg challenger for example.

Those two are members of a Brazilian forum, they are definetely different persons :yeah:

Zirconek
03-17-2009, 03:08 AM
I was asked to check their IP's some time ago and there is nothing wrong with them, and I know they are members of a Brazilian tennis forum.

And guys, please check what Gav said, things must be done in a discreet way ;) VVVV

If anyone has any suspicions about multiple accounts send a pm to the board and with all the suspected usernames and we will get the mods to check out IP addresses :D

If you have examples where they have posted in a similar manner or where they've made similar spelling mistakes, etc to support this that would be a great help as well

orangehat
03-17-2009, 03:39 AM

Robus is the guy who's in charge of PAW i think. He's been here for a long time :p

Allez-Alejo
03-17-2009, 03:40 AM
HA....those are not the poles we are talking about

Ilovetheblues_86
03-17-2009, 05:23 AM
Hello pípol.

Please an assistant manager for Bogota that doesn´t play there that could send the OOP in a nice sequence?:p

vmbf
03-17-2009, 05:33 AM
Hello pípol.

Please an assistant manager for Bogota that doesn´t play there that could send the OOP in a nice sequence?:p

:haha:

Pípol???

Maybe u wanna write PEOPLE. :angel:

:wavey:

Ilovetheblues_86
03-17-2009, 05:35 AM
:haha:

Pípol???

Maybe u wanna say PEOPLE. :angel:

ies, ai uanted tu sey PEOPLE. :D

ClaudiuS
03-17-2009, 10:06 PM
My schedules at Uni changed this week. I guess I won't be able to manage Monza. :sad:

Sorry Ville. :wavey:

mcarvalho
03-18-2009, 03:28 PM
I would like to try to manage one tournament. Monza is perfect. If you think that I can handle it I'm available.

ClaudiuS
03-18-2009, 04:16 PM
Can someone help me in Marrakech with doing an update of the picks of Friday's round and posting Saturday's OOP please?

The thing is I'll will have a minor surgery to attend that afternoon, So I guess I'll be away in those hours. :o

Snowwy
03-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Why not have a rule for if a player is +6 games then the match does count for SRs..like today for example

Murray - Robredo :: 6-2 3-0

That should really count as a 2-0 for SRs but with the retirement it doesnt, does it.

TankingTheSet
03-19-2009, 12:05 PM
In Sunrise a mistake has been made by changing the deadline to the earliest start of the second set of matches that will be played today, instead of the start time of the first set of matches. The earlier round will be finished in Sunrise in the hours before that. I think this cause huge problems with the timing of picks and a level playing field. What is the boards opinion on this?

Taz Warrior
03-19-2009, 12:49 PM
In Sunrise a mistake has been made by changing the deadline to the earliest start of the second set of matches that will be played today, instead of the start time of the first set of matches. The earlier round will be finished in Sunrise in the hours before that. I think this cause huge problems with the timing of picks and a level playing field. What is the boards opinion on this?

My opinion is that the deadline should have stayed at the original time before the first matches of the day had started. However it is probably too late to change it now as some players will have seen the second deadline and have decided to send picks later.

TankingTheSet
03-19-2009, 01:32 PM
My opinion is that the deadline should have stayed at the original time before the first matches of the day had started. However it is probably too late to change it now as some players will have seen the second deadline and have decided to send picks later.

Yeah, I figured that could be a problem, it would not be fair if players send picks based on the deadline they read earlier and then they are considered late.

Technically, the deadline is currently set at 14:00 local time (19:00 CET), which could still be problematic even for other reasons because the match Koubek vs Tipsarevic is part of today's OOP and it is scheduled as the third match up on one court after play starts at 11:00am local time (16:00). So it is possible that the match Koubek vs Tipsarevic starts before the current deadline given in the OOP.

The actual start of the other matches in the OOP is no earlier than 16:00 local time (21:00 CET).

Boarder35m
03-19-2009, 04:40 PM
I have a question about the doubles commitment.

In TT Miami there are players who committed for doubles with a partner who did not commit for singles yet.
I waited for the other player to commit until I added the team to the entry list.
Now a player (JMG) questioned if that really is needed.

Is he right about that?
Do I have to put doubles teams on the entry list even though only one of the players commited to the tournament? :wavey:

Ilovetheblues_86
03-19-2009, 04:46 PM
"Can another player commit for you?

Yes."

I think if the player don´t commit but someone put him as his doubles partner, he is probably commited to the doubles draw , cause the other player comitted him, since doubles don´t need to be confirmed. But that´s my noob opinion, I want to know the answer from the board hehe.

Labamba
03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
this week's threads (the start of clay season) :cool:

Date Tournament Surface Draw(S/QS/D/QD) Manager

06/04/2009 Houston CL 32/16/16/8 Jens
06/04/2009 Casablanca CL 32/16/16/8 Boarder35m
06/04/2009 Athens CH CL 32/16/16/8 keqtqiadv
06/04/2009 Monza CH CL 32/16/16/8 mcarvalho
06/04/2009 Baton Rouge CH H 32/16/16/8 kai.

Note: 2 SE spots everywhere.

Labamba
03-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I would like to try to manage one tournament. Monza is perfect. If you think that I can handle it I'm available.

Labamba
03-19-2009, 07:16 PM
I have a question about the doubles commitment.

In TT Miami there are players who committed for doubles with a partner who did not commit for singles yet.
I waited for the other player to commit until I added the team to the entry list.
Now a player (JMG) questioned if that really is needed.

Is he right about that?
Do I have to put doubles teams on the entry list even though only one of the players commited to the tournament? :wavey:

yes, one player confirming is enough

mcarvalho
03-20-2009, 03:39 AM

FiBeR
03-20-2009, 10:14 PM
to all managing clay tournaments from April to May, please include a link to the Race to Roland Garros 2009 (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=140271) thread and include the TT brown logo on the first page too , :hug: id really appreciate it ^^

Ozone
03-21-2009, 01:34 AM
Id like another tourney to manage:) Can I have Izmir? Date works great for me:wavey:

Vicek
03-21-2009, 08:54 PM

:eek:

Yeah, and karim_vlasic is my alter ego.

I'm NOT a cheater.

FiBeR
03-21-2009, 09:58 PM
:lol: vicek, robus and marcelwks are classic TT players..and Vicek is a legend coming from NR to USO QF on 2007 i think :worship:

awesome player :D marcelwks is a legend who played from 2006 :rolls: and robus is famous in WTAw and making noise here :p i think it is safe to say neither of these 3 are the same person :lol:

Ozone
03-21-2009, 10:03 PM
:eek:

Yeah, and karim_vlasic is my alter ego.

I'm NOT a cheater.
Sorry mate, I was just trying to be a hero and help out but i failed miserably. Too much Law & Order lately:o

FiBeR
03-21-2009, 10:06 PM
Sorry mate, I was just trying to be a hero and help out but i failed miserably. Too much Law & Order lately:o

:yeah: keep up the good stuff :lol: though it is sometiems adviced to do this on pm to the boardmembers.. :p

but anyway :shrug: i dont think it is "bad" to ask about these stuff.. :) TT is growing at amazing pace.. so it is nice to have a chance to speak about some of these players who are part of the identity of the game like the ones ive named :p

Polish TT :worship: with Tomek. and Tomek as well as others :lol:

im feeling nostalgic already :rolls: must be the lack of wins :lol:

Ozone
03-21-2009, 10:08 PM
Well, youre a great manager FibeR:lol:

Filipo
03-22-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks Ville :yeah:

Filipo (BUL)

Hi to all :wavey:

I just like to say that i'm quitting Tennis Tipping. It was a hard decision, but it's final. Maybe it's a little bit strange but i need a change in my life. Hopefully that will be for good. I'll be playing in Miami for last :sad:

This game is truly magnificent and i want to thank to the Big 5 "Ville, Adam, Mulo, Gav, Jess" for this awesome organization. It was a pleasure to be along with you and playing. Big Thanks to all managers, all players who played with me, and every other kind and friendly person, who i met here. Not for last: "Merci et Excusez-moi" to my partner Yannick for the great cooperation.

Good luck to All and i'll be here watching you :wavey: :sad:

"God! It's killing me!" :sad:

adee-gee
03-23-2009, 12:48 AM
Hi to all :wavey:

I just like to say that i'm quitting Tennis Tipping. It was a hard decision, but it's final. Maybe it's a little bit strange but i need a change in my life. Hopefully that will be for good. I'll be playing in Miami for last :sad:

This game is truly magnificent and i want to thank to the Big 5 "Ville, Adam, Mulo, Gav, Jess" for this awesome organization. It was a pleasure to be along with you and playing. Big Thanks to all managers, all players who played with me, and every other kind and friendly person, who i met here. Not for last: "Merci et Excusez-moi" to my partner Yannick for the great cooperation.

Good luck to All and i'll be here watching you :wavey: :sad:

"God! It's killing me!" :sad:
Sad to hear. Thanks for bringing fun to the game for the last few years, best of luck for the future :hug:

Hope to see you back at some point :awww:

-Evita-
03-23-2009, 12:29 PM
I need help with a tricky situation in Barletta.

The problem is that singles round 1 lasts two days (because there were only 3 matches on Monday) and I'm not sure how/when to place lucky losers. I think 4 people didn't send picks and one alternate did send. What if I replace someone with the LL and that person sends picks for tomorrow when it's still round 1? Should I perhaps wait until tomorrow to see who doesn't send any picks at all?

Ozone
03-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Gl Evita:)

adee-gee
03-23-2009, 03:42 PM
I need help with a tricky situation in Barletta.

The problem is that singles round 1 lasts two days (because there were only 3 matches on Monday) and I'm not sure how/when to place lucky losers. I think 4 people didn't send picks and one alternate did send. What if I replace someone with the LL and that person sends picks for tomorrow when it's still round 1? Should I perhaps wait until tomorrow to see who doesn't send any picks at all?
You can replace all of them now ;)

-Evita-
03-23-2009, 04:00 PM
You can replace all of them now ;)

OK Done :yeah:

ClaudiuS
03-24-2009, 04:32 PM
I can manage Brasilia. If it's still available. :shrug:

Labamba
03-24-2009, 09:43 PM

It's yours.

Labamba
03-24-2009, 09:47 PM
this week's threads

13/04/2009 Monte-Carlo CL 64/32/32/16 Forever-Delayed
13/04/2009 Johannesburg CH H 32/16/16/8 -Evita-
13/04/2009 Mexico City CH H 32/16/16/8 Allez-Alejo
13/04/2009 Rome CH CL 32/16/16/8 Colt th magnific

Note: 2 SE spots in the challengers.

Labamba
03-26-2009, 10:55 PM

Brasilia was cancelled, is Puebla ok for you?

l_mac
03-26-2009, 11:00 PM
I keep losing matches, and I was just wondering if I could get some ranking points for managing. It seems fair.

kai.
03-26-2009, 11:11 PM
Guys.. in Baton Rogue i just had 4 commitments in1 weeks... i think we should cancel this CH :awww:

l_mac
03-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Guys.. in Baton Rogue i just had 4 commitments in1 weeks... i think we should cancel this CH :awww:

I'll play there!

bye till the QF :woohoo: I'll get people to play there.

Ozone
03-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Kai, just wait till the weekend and people will start comitting. Dont worry it should be fine. (im playing there, so dont cancel:))

kai.
03-26-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks guys.. XD.. we need 12 more people for singles and 7 more teams for doubles :sad:

sdtoot
03-27-2009, 11:22 PM
Napoli Ch is currently shown as having a 16 player Qualy draw, yet Page #1 of this thread suggests it should be a 32 player Qualy draw. With 70 singles commitments listed at Napoli, surely this tournament should start tomorrow with Qualy R32? Thanks in advance.

adee-gee
03-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Yeah sorry, I kind of messed up.

I'm gonna have to take everyone that is still in Miami out of the draws, it'll be chaos otherwise. No way I can do all the draws and then wait until Sunday to see who is still in :shrug:

-Evita-
03-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Yeah sorry, I kind of messed up.

I'm gonna have to take everyone that is still in Miami out of the draws, it'll be chaos otherwise. No way I can do all the draws and then wait until Sunday to see who is still in :shrug:

Out of the qualifying draw, right? People who don't have to play qualies have the right to stay in the Napoli entry list until Monday.

Gallina
04-01-2009, 03:50 AM
Monte-Carlo is in single 56 MD + 8 Q = 64 commitments o 60 MD + 4 Q ?

Spadea TT
04-01-2009, 05:41 AM
56+8, for what I know...

Labamba
04-01-2009, 09:28 AM
56+8, for what I know...

correct

Labamba
04-01-2009, 03:22 PM
this week's threads

20/04/2009 Barcelona CL 64/32/32/16 Troickitard
20/04/2009 Sofia CH CL 32/16/16/8 James Craven
20/04/2009 Rome 2 CH CL 32/16/16/8 CoolyBri
20/04/2009 Tallahassee CH H 32/16/16/8 ClaudiuS

Note: 1 SE in Barcelona, 2 in others. Rome 2 replaces Puebla, which might be cancelled.

l_mac
04-01-2009, 03:44 PM
I'll do Tallahassee.

ClaudiuS
04-01-2009, 03:45 PM
Can you switch Rome 2 for Tallahasse for me, please? I can't manage Rome 2 because of my timezone. :o

Labamba
04-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I'll do Tallahassee.

Can you switch Rome 2 for Tallahasse for me, please? I can't manage Rome 2 because of my timezone. :o

I hope the swap is ok for both of you?

ClaudiuS
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM
It's okay for me.

Linda?

l_mac
04-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I hope the swap is ok for both of you?

Sorry, I can't do Rome. Well, I could - but I wouldn't be able to post diffs until I got home from work (around 5pm CET) which I'm sure the players would find unnacceptable :lol:

ClaudiuS
04-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Sorry, I can't do Rome. Well, I could - but I wouldn't be able to post diffs until I got home from work (around 5pm CET) which I'm sure the players would find unnacceptable :lol:

I have a kind of similar situation with Rome. Mostly it's because Chile now has -6 hours of difference with the CEST. So posting differences at 4 am almost everyday, with Uni along the way is not very helpful for most of the players that are in Rome. :tape:

Boarder35m
04-01-2009, 04:05 PM
I have a kind of similar situation with Rome. Mostly it's because Chile now has -6 hours of difference with the CEST. So posting differences at 4 am almost everyday, with Uni along the way is not very helpful for most of the players that are in Rome. :tape:

Would Rhodes suit you better? It is one hour later :wavey:

Labamba
04-01-2009, 05:20 PM

Ok :awww:

So now we need somebody for Rome 2 :lol:

CoolyBri
04-01-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd do Rome 2, if no one else wants it ;)

Gallina
04-02-2009, 04:38 AM
56+8, for what I know...

correct

ok, thanks.

Labamba
04-02-2009, 09:07 AM
I'd do Rome 2, if no one else wants it ;)

Filipo
04-05-2009, 08:46 PM
I'm asking for a Protected Ranking with next new ranking :) I'll come back for Doha 2010 :wavey:

FERNET
04-06-2009, 03:57 AM
SARASOTA CH, please :D

is posible ?

kai.
04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Guys, 1 question..
the OOP in the challenger in baton rouge says than starts at 10am.. ok one player send the picks at 10.05, acusing than they start to warm at 10.. and the game begins at 10.10, i know the rules, but MTF was off from 9.20 am to 9.40.. what should i do?

Taz Warrior
04-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Guys, 1 question..
the OOP in the challenger in baton rouge says than starts at 10am.. ok one player send the picks at 10.05, acusing than they start to warm at 10.. and the game begins at 10.10, i know the rules, but MTF was off from 9.20 am to 9.40.. what should i do?

Don't accept the picks as the deadline is 10am

Boarder35m
04-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Hi

MTF was down a lot yesterday and last night.
Do we keep the policy of "no late picks" ?

adee-gee
04-07-2009, 12:45 PM
Hi

MTF was down a lot yesterday and last night.
Do we keep the policy of "no late picks" ?
Unfortunately, yes.

If MTF is down, there are other ways to send picks ---> email, via PM on WTAW to MTFers with accounts etc....if MTF is down an entire day and no-one is able to send picks then the round can be postponed, but as far as I'm aware MTF was only down for parts of it.

Salum
04-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Where do I ask for a PR?

Labamba
04-08-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm asking for a Protected Ranking with next new ranking :) I'll come back for Doha 2010 :wavey:

I'll add you later when Gav sends me the details :)

SARASOTA CH, please :D

is posible ?

sure :yeah:

Where do I ask for a PR?

here

Labamba
04-08-2009, 11:37 PM
this week's threads

27/04/2009 Rome CL 64/32/32/16 adee-gee
27/04/2009 Tunis CH CL 32/16/16/8 Ozone
27/04/2009 Rhodes CH H 32/16/16/8 Boarder35m
27/04/2009 Ostrava CH CL 32/16/16/8 Zirconek

Note: 1 SE in Rome, 2 in others.

savesthedizzle
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Just to let you know :)

Tennis-Engineer
PR-time: 18th of August 2008 - 9th of March 2009 (6 PR's in total)
Singles PR: 54 (0 used, 6 left)
Doubles PR: 84 (0 used, 6 left)
First PR used: -

He's using his PR to enter Barcelona :)

peixe15
04-09-2009, 04:18 PM
Rome CH
Rome 2 CH
Ostrava CH
Estoril (wc)
Sarasota CH
Roland Garros S (wc)
Roland Garros D (wc)

Salum
04-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Ok, I decided not to ask for a PR.

Ozone
04-11-2009, 01:18 AM
I notice Izmir CH is available. That would fit into my schedule perfectly.

So Ozone with Izmir CH?:)

Ozone
04-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Also, I may get laughed at for this, but In The Zone and Capriati Rules posted both exactly at 8:26PM for Tallahassee chalenger.

Izmir CH for me if no manager already:)

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Also, I may get laughed at for this, but In The Zone and Capriati Rules posted both exactly at 8:26PM for Tallahassee chalenger.

Izmir CH for me if no manager already:)

They are not a duplicate account. They probably were chatting on MSN and were like "okay let's commit" and then both did. If it was a duplicate account they would have had to log out, log back in, and it would have taken a bit more time.

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 03:29 AM
2 internet boxes is another solution. Anyways, can I have Izmir CH Jess?:)

I also ran an IP check. So no. Maybe you and Ozone are also the same poster because you are online at the same time and are both requesting Izmir.... maybe I should be running an IP check on you two.... :scratch:

And it's not up to me, Labamba gives out tournaments.

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 03:30 AM
Hmmm tried to delete your post but I had already quoted it :p

10K Futures Qualifier
04-11-2009, 03:35 AM
OK Greg is at Houston and he wanted me to update PYW for him and other stuff. Sorry, should have told you.

10K Futures Qualifier
04-11-2009, 03:38 AM
And Greg and I can come up with thread-fulls of proof against it. He just wanted me to update things and send picks for Johannesburg for him but I left him an offline i.m. saying he got SE.

savesthedizzle
04-11-2009, 03:40 AM
Next time you insinuate that other people are double accounts you should probably be more careful. Oh and you probably shouldn't keep posting from his account.

Ozone
04-11-2009, 03:43 AM
Sorry, lesson learned by the young MTFer. Greg is at Houston tourney ballboying from about 7am-9pm so he gave me his password earlier this week so I could check some Houston & PYW stuff.

Allez-Alejo
04-11-2009, 03:48 AM
I think everyone understands...it's just the rapid posting that catches the attention of people.

Ozone
04-11-2009, 03:50 AM
So I hope I havent over-posted my way out of managing Izmir CH:)??

Zirconek
04-11-2009, 02:22 PM
This is the way to deal when you have double accounts suspicions:

Ozone
04-13-2009, 02:37 AM
Sp can someone tell me if I can manage Izmir CH?:)

scoobs
04-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Just a request to make sure the managers post the correct points breakdown for the tournament - the Baton Rouge thread shows a 120 pointer but it's actually only 90 and these sorts of things can influence where people choose to commit.

Labamba
04-14-2009, 11:29 PM
this week's threads

04/05/2009 Estoril CL 32/16/16/8 Forever-Delayed
04/05/2009 Munich CL 32/16/16/8 Jens
04/05/2009 Belgrade CL 32/16/16/8 Troickitard
04/05/2009 Ramat Hasharon CH H 32/16/16/8 FiBeR
04/05/2009 Savannah CH CL 32/16/16/8 jmjhb

Note: 2 SE spots in all

Labamba
04-14-2009, 11:31 PM
I notice Izmir CH is available. That would fit into my schedule perfectly.

So Ozone with Izmir CH?:)

ok ;)

Ozone
04-15-2009, 12:10 AM
:woohoo: Thanks!!

jmjhb
04-15-2009, 06:45 PM
I'll get the Savannah thread posted over the weekend :)

Ozone
04-18-2009, 01:59 AM
Ah, im very sorry, but I did not know Izmir, Turkey was 7 hours in front of me. This would make the diffs be 3-4 hours late, so I am going to have to drop the management for that one. I really apologize for this. Makes me feel dumb. In the summer, I can really get into my management though;) :wavey:

orangehat
04-18-2009, 02:08 AM
I could take izmir :shrug: the time zone works for me.

Labamba
04-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Ah, im very sorry, but I did not know Izmir, Turkey was 7 hours in front of me. This would make the diffs be 3-4 hours late, so I am going to have to drop the management for that one. I really apologize for this. Makes me feel dumb. In the summer, I can really get into my management though;) :wavey:

no problem :p

I could take izmir :shrug: the time zone works for me.

Ozone
04-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Are the challenger threads starting late now? Or am I just impatient?

FiBeR
04-19-2009, 02:29 AM
im sorry i havent been able to open the ramat ch ..it is now open :lol:

sorry ozone :rocker2:

Ozone
04-19-2009, 02:48 AM
:lol: Thanks...Ray? I was just hoping the challenger threads for week 18 werent abolished. Im not sure if I want to do Ramat Hasharon or Savanah. If I do Ramat Hasharon I will probably know my result before I go to school, but I am very good in USA challengers. Ah, sorry for the random boring speech. Thanks Ray:wavey:

jmjhb
04-19-2009, 02:25 PM
The other challenger thread is up now, Ozone :angel:

ClaudiuS
04-22-2009, 06:06 PM
I will not be able to manage Cremona. :wavey: :sad:

mcarvalho
04-22-2009, 06:36 PM

I can do it. Cremona 2008 was my first TT participation, so we could make a party thread. :bdaycake:

Spadea TT
04-22-2009, 07:11 PM
I can do it. Cremona 2008 was my first TT participation, so we could make a party thread. :bdaycake:

I will be in Cremona the whole week of the tournament :worship:

Labamba
04-22-2009, 09:27 PM

:cool:

Labamba
04-22-2009, 09:33 PM
this week

11/05/2009 Madrid CL 64/32/32/16 Labamba
11/05/2009 Bordeaux CH CL 32/16/16/8 FiBeR
11/05/2009 Izmir CH H 32/16/16/8 orangehat
11/05/2009 Sarasota CH CL 32/16/16/8 FERNET

18/05/2009 WTC Düsseldorf CL 8 teams ExcaliburII

mcarvalho
04-22-2009, 11:00 PM
I will be in Cremona the whole week of the tournament :worship:

Then you are officially invited to the birthday party! :D

:cool:

Labamba
04-23-2009, 09:42 AM
A reminder of which teams are qualified for WTC Düsseldorf :)

2009 WTC Qualifiers
1. Germany
2. Brazil
3. Argentina
4. Slovenia
5. Finland
6. Kazakhstan
7. Switzerland
8. USA

Alt1. Great Britain
Alt2. Netherlands

ExcaliburII
04-24-2009, 09:02 PM
I could make the effort and manage Dusseldorf if no one is up to. It is on exam week though i think :scratch:

orangehat
04-25-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi guys, I have no idea if this will be necessary, but if possible, Ozone would like someone to post the OoP for the final qualifying round as he will probably not be around at that time. Thanks

Zirconek
04-26-2009, 02:34 AM
A team signed too late at TT Ostrava, after the deadline and draw being made. There are 4 byes, however, in first round. Can the team be signed as alternate?

Labamba
04-26-2009, 12:05 PM
A team signed too late at TT Ostrava, after the deadline and draw being made. There are 4 byes, however, in first round. Can the team be signed as alternate?

yes

Zirconek
04-26-2009, 04:38 PM
yes

:yeah: thank you

ExcaliburII
04-27-2009, 03:24 AM
so do you want me to manage dusseldorf or not? No problem if the answer is no, i wont cry.

Labamba
04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
so do you want me to manage dusseldorf or not? No problem if the answer is no, i wont cry.

since there's nobody else... :p

seriously, thanks for doing it :yeah:

Spadea TT
04-27-2009, 02:34 PM
What about Bordeaux CH thread???

FiBeR
04-28-2009, 05:44 AM
What about Bordeaux CH thread???

11/05/2009 Bordeaux CH CL 32/16/16/8 FiBeR

:o ill open it right away.. im so sorry

ive been having a LOT of issues lately.. im overflown.. but ill do it anyway

trucul
04-29-2009, 01:28 AM
Hello TT Managers,

I have posted a request in TT Rankings thread about Barcelona points awarded:

Points awarded in Barcelona are quite unfair: when you win 2 wins in Main Draw of this ATP 500 TT Tournament, you earn only 25 points (15 for first round win, then 10 for second round win) while in any ATP 250 TT Tournament, you earn 50 points for 2 wins in Main Draw (20 then 30). And the 3rd win in Barcelona makes you win 50 points more.

Normally, the more wins you have in a tournament, the more points you earn per round.

I would have expected to earn 15 pts for first round, 25 more for second round = 40 (instead of 25) and 35 more for third round win which amounts to 75 pts earned.

Do you think there is any chance to have some changes in the points awarded for the 2nd Round losers ? :p

Even in real ATP tournament, you earn more for second round win than for first round. (20, 45 (which means +25), 90 (which means +45)).

ExcaliburII
04-29-2009, 11:47 PM
when shuold i open dusseldorf? when should the different deadlines be?

Labamba
04-30-2009, 01:01 AM
when shuold i open dusseldorf? when should the different deadlines be?

Open it right away if you like. You can keep the deadlines open until we have all the teams and players confirmed.

Labamba
04-30-2009, 01:05 AM
this week

18/05/2009 WTC Düsseldorf CL 8 teams ExcaliburII
18/05/2009 Kitzbühel CL 32/32/16/16 Boarder35m
18/05/2009 Fergana CH H 32/32/16/16 Ilovetheblues_86
18/05/2009 Cremona CH H 32/32/16/16 mcarvalho

Note: 32-player/16-team qualifying draws. 2 SE's. You can play one of these + RG qualies at the same time.

Zirconek
04-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I need an assistant manager for Ostrava (currently running). I have guests who will arrive tonight and it's very likely I won't wake up early to post differences, and if I do, I'll be probably still drunk. :lol:

Spadea TT
04-30-2009, 05:25 PM
I need an assistant manager for Ostrava (currently running). I have guests who will arrive tonight and it's very likely I won't wake up early to post differences, and if I do, I'll be probably still drunk. :lol:

I'm available if you want :D

Zirconek
04-30-2009, 05:41 PM
I'm available if you want :D

Grazie, you're hired :D

ExcaliburII
05-01-2009, 03:19 AM
I will open thread tomorrow.

Ozone
05-02-2009, 03:24 PM
June/July comittments should be up soon right?:)

Labamba
05-02-2009, 05:02 PM
I will open thread tomorrow.

June/July comittments should be up soon right?:)

early next week at the latest

Ilovetheblues_86
05-02-2009, 05:47 PM
Note: 32-player/16-team qualifying draws. 2 SE's. You can play one of these + RG qualies at the same time.

Let me see if I understand, I can play Cremona CH then RG qualies and if I don´t get into RG maind draw I can playa challenger on week 21# right?

Crvena Zvezda
05-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Let me see if I understand, I can play Cremona CH then RG qualies and if I don´t get into RG maind draw I can playa challenger on week 21# right?

You're right !

You can play Cremona (or Fergana or ?) and French Open qualies, then Karlsruhe CH if you don't make MD...

A thing to know if you have 18 results or more with points, if you play a GS MD this result will be mandatory...

I mean it will count in your 18 best results even if you have a 19th result with better points than the GS.

Ozone
05-03-2009, 03:22 PM
So do we sign up for Karlshrue CH before RG qualies? That wont count as an LE will it?

FERNET
05-04-2009, 04:08 AM
question on definition of tunis,

antofalila
Gil 6-7 6-4 6-2
Gaudio 2-0
Gil 2-0

In The Zone
Gil 6-4 6-7 6-2
Gaudio 2-1
Gil 2-0

The real results
Gaudio 6-2 1-6 6-3
Gaudio 6-2 1-0 Ret.
Gil 6-1 6-0

02:02 | In The Zone (USA) vs. antofalila (CHI) SR: 1-2 :confused:

For my they have to define for CB.
This is correct ?

Allez-Alejo
05-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Yeah...SR's would be 1-1...ret. doesn't count

Labamba
05-04-2009, 08:32 AM
question on definition of tunis,

antofalila
Gil 6-7 6-4 6-2
Gaudio 2-0
Gil 2-0

In The Zone
Gil 6-4 6-7 6-2
Gaudio 2-1
Gil 2-0

The real results
Gaudio 6-2 1-6 6-3
Gaudio 6-2 1-0 Ret.
Gil 6-1 6-0

02:02 | In The Zone (USA) vs. antofalila (CHI) SR: 1-2 :confused:

For my they have to define for CB.
This is correct ?

antofalila should win on PTS

Ozone
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
They both agreed on it in my thread too.

But just wondering what makes antofalila win in his score. They both have 6-3 set?

l_mac
05-04-2009, 12:45 PM

But just wondering what makes antofalila win in his score. They both have 6-3 set?

I think because antofalila had Gaudio winning set 1.

Taz Warrior
05-04-2009, 01:10 PM

I think because antofalila had Gaudio winning set 1.

Antofalila wins 6-2 on PTS - both get 2 points for giving a set to Gaudio, whilsy Antofalila gets 4 points for getting the first 2 sets in the right order) :)

scoobs
05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Looking to try my hand at managing a small challenger sometime in June or July if possible :wavey:

Labamba
05-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Looking to try my hand at managing a small challenger sometime in June or July if possible :wavey:

nice :yeah:

I'll put the tournaments up for grabs tomorrow.

Mago#01
05-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I also have intentions to run a challenger if it´s possible!!

Ozone
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
Yeah I forgot that they both picked Gil.

And very excited about managing these summer tourneys. With no school in the way, I can really get serious about my managing:)

Ozone
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
If youd like Labamba, you can put the tourneys up right now;)

Labamba
05-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Again the usual stuff...

- max 2 tournaments per manager
- 1 week to apply
- give atleast one back-up choice
- new managers should start with challengers

Go ahead and reserve :wavey:

June

01/06/2009 Prostejov CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
01/06/2009 Furth CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
01/06/2009 Nottingham CH G 32/16/16/8 ?
01/06/2009 Yuba City CH H 32/16/16/8 ?

08/06/2009 Queen's G 64/32/32/16 ?
08/06/2009 Halle G 32/16/16/8 ?
08/06/2009 Lugano CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
08/06/2009 Kosice CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?

15/06/2009 Eastbourne G 32/32/16/16 ?
15/06/2009 's-Hertogenbosch G 32/32/16/16 ?
15/06/2009 Bytom CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
15/06/2009 Milan CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?

22/06/2009 Wimbledon S G 128/128 ?
22/06/2009 Wimbledon D G 64/64 ?
22/06/2009 Reggio Emilia CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?

29/06/2009 Braunschweig CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
29/06/2009 Turin CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
29/06/2009 Rijeka CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
29/06/2009 Winnetka CH H 32/16/16/8 ?

July

06/07/2009 Davis Cup II - 10 teams ?
06/07/2009 Newport G 32/32/16/16 ?
06/07/2009 Cordoba CH H 32/16/16/8 ?
06/07/2009 Scheveningen CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
06/07/2009 Oberstaufen CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?

13/07/2009 Stuttgart CL 32/16/16/8 ?
13/07/2009 Båstad CL 32/16/16/8 ?
13/07/2009 Bogota CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
13/07/2009 Aptos CH H 32/16/16/8 ?
13/07/2009 Manchester CH G 32/16/16/8 ?

20/07/2009 Hamburg CL 64/32/32/16 ?
20/07/2009 Indianapolis H 32/16/16/8 ?
20/07/2009 Lexington CH H 32/16/16/8 ?
20/07/2009 Recanati CH H 32/16/16/8 ?

27/07/2009 Los Angeles H 32/16/16/8 ?
27/07/2009 Gstaad CL 32/16/16/8 ?
27/07/2009 Umag CL 32/16/16/8 ?
27/07/2009 Orbetello CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
27/07/2009 Tampere CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?

Labamba
05-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I also have intentions to run a challenger if it´s possible!!

sure :cool:

Zirconek
05-05-2009, 01:18 PM
Prostejov, back-up Kosice :D

orangehat
05-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Hi, can i have Lugano CH please? :wavey:

BU: Nottingham CH

Jens
05-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Halle and Hamburg please
Back-Up: Braunschweig

scoobs
05-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Can I have Nottingham CH please

BU: Milan

Mago#01
05-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Please:
June: Yuba City
Back UP: Reggio Emilia

July: Bogotá
Back Up: Recanati

Zirconek
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
You guys are brave for asking USTA and LTA tournaments :D :worship:

Ilovetheblues_86
05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Bastad
BU: Manchester CH

Craven91
05-05-2009, 04:59 PM
Tampere CH please

BU:Recanti CH

jmjhb
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Bytom CH please

BU: Orbetello CH or Winnetka CH :)

Mago#01
05-05-2009, 05:50 PM
You guys are brave for asking USTA and LTA tournaments :D :worship:

Jaja, I know they don't have the best information but in my case I privilege the time zone.

Zirconek
05-05-2009, 06:23 PM
Jaja, I know they don't have the best information but in my case I privilege the time zone.

Good luck :wavey:

Colt th magnific
05-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Aptos :confused: Recanati :confused: Orbetello :confused:

It's the name of your dogs Ville ? :devil:

FERNET
05-05-2009, 07:31 PM

:haha::haha::haha:

mcarvalho
05-06-2009, 01:30 AM
Fürth and Cordoba, please.

BU: Reggio Emilia and Scheveningen

Boarder35m
05-06-2009, 01:39 AM
I´d like to manage 's-Hertogenbosch and Stuttgart
BU: Oberstaufen :)

Ozone
05-06-2009, 02:26 AM
Asuch as I would LOVE to have a USA Challenger the time zone is too difficult.

Lugano CH, Umag
BU: Any CH Umag week and Lugano CH week, even though Lugano CH would work much, much better

Labamba
05-06-2009, 05:12 PM
this week

25/05/2009 Roland Garros S CL 128/128 FiBeR
25/05/2009 Roland Garros D CL 64/64 Allez-Alejo
25/05/2009 Karlsruhe CH CL 32/16/16/8 Jens

Note: RG thread can be started right away. Doubles commitments can start too.

Labamba
05-06-2009, 05:13 PM

:lol:

You want one of those? :p

ExcaliburII
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
can i have stuttgart please?
And as a back up Hamburg.

keqtqiadv
05-06-2009, 08:35 PM
July :hearts:

DC and Hamburg if possible, please. :p :o

Colt th magnific
05-07-2009, 07:41 AM
:lol:

You want one of those? :p

These towns have a country ? :p

-Evita-
05-07-2009, 09:00 AM
These towns have a country ? :p

APTOS. CA. USA (H) $75,000
RECANATI, Italy (H) €30,000+H
ORBETELLO, Italy (CL) € 85,000+H

Link here (http://www.atpworldtour.com/tennis/en/tournaments/fullcalendar/challengers2009.pdf) :)

-Evita-
05-07-2009, 09:49 AM
Turin CH, please :)

Back-up: Rijeka CH or Braunschweig

Zirconek
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Prostejov, back-up Kosice :D

Kosice for me, please, won't be able to manage Prostejov :awww:

savesthedizzle
05-08-2009, 04:09 PM
One of Gstaad, Bastad, Umag or Stuttgart please. I don't really care which :lol: Umag would be my last choice just because I know they start late and that gets annoying with time zones. Not bad, just annoying :)

Tomek.
05-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Lexington CH please

BU: Manchester CH

Jimnik
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Newport

BU: Stuttgart

Allez-Alejo
05-10-2009, 04:01 AM
Wimbledon(either)

Backup: Winnetka

Allez-Alejo
05-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Aptos or Los Angeles for July if there is room.

Ozone
05-13-2009, 12:09 PM
One of Gstaad, Bastad, Umag or Stuttgart please. I don't really care which :lol: Umag would be my last choice just because I know they start late and that gets annoying with time zones. Not bad, just annoying :)
If they do in fact start late I cannot do it. So make mine...

Lugano CH, Gstaad
BU: Kosice CH, any tourney on Gstaad week

Labamba
05-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I'll make the decisions later today...

Labamba
05-13-2009, 04:12 PM
nobody applied for Queen's, Eastbourne or Wimbledon...is there some British boycott going on that I don't know of? :shrug:

June

01/06/2009 Prostejov CH CL 32/16/16/8 mcarvalho
01/06/2009 Furth CH CL 32/16/16/8 orangehat
01/06/2009 Nottingham CH G 32/16/16/8 scoobs
01/06/2009 Yuba City CH H 32/16/16/8 Mago#01

08/06/2009 Queen's G 64/32/32/16 ?
08/06/2009 Halle G 32/16/16/8 Jens
08/06/2009 Lugano CH CL 32/16/16/8 Ozone
08/06/2009 Kosice CH CL 32/16/16/8 Zirconek

15/06/2009 Eastbourne G 32/32/16/16 ?
15/06/2009 's-Hertogenbosch G 32/32/16/16 Boarder35m
15/06/2009 Bytom CH CL 32/16/16/8 jmjhb
15/06/2009 Milan CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?

22/06/2009 Wimbledon S G 128/128 ?
22/06/2009 Wimbledon D G 64/64 Allez-Alejo
22/06/2009 Reggio Emilia CH CL 32/16/16/8 Labamba

29/06/2009 Braunschweig CH CL 32/16/16/8 Jens
29/06/2009 Turin CH CL 32/16/16/8 -Evita-
29/06/2009 Rijeka CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
29/06/2009 Winnetka CH H 32/16/16/8 ?

July

06/07/2009 Davis Cup II - 10 teams keqtqiadv
06/07/2009 Newport G 32/32/16/16 Jimnik
06/07/2009 Cordoba CH H 32/16/16/8 mcarvalho
06/07/2009 Scheveningen CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
06/07/2009 Oberstaufen CH CL 32/16/16/8 Boarder35m

13/07/2009 Stuttgart CL 32/16/16/8 ExcaliburII
13/07/2009 Båstad CL 32/16/16/8 Troickitard
13/07/2009 Bogota CH CL 32/16/16/8 Mago#01
13/07/2009 Aptos CH H 32/16/16/8 ?
13/07/2009 Manchester CH G 32/16/16/8 Ilovetheblues_86

20/07/2009 Hamburg CL 64/32/32/16 keqtqiadv
20/07/2009 Indianapolis H 32/16/16/8 ?
20/07/2009 Lexington CH H 32/16/16/8 Tomek.
20/07/2009 Recanati CH H 32/16/16/8 ?

27/07/2009 Los Angeles H 32/16/16/8 Allez-Alejo
27/07/2009 Gstaad CL 32/16/16/8 Ozone
27/07/2009 Umag CL 32/16/16/8 Labamba
27/07/2009 Orbetello CH CL 32/16/16/8 ?
27/07/2009 Tampere CH CL 32/16/16/8 James Craven

Allez-Alejo
05-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Please....some one do Wimbly with me...my mugness can't be that strong.

ExcaliburII
05-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I can do wimbledon singles maybe. No one else wants to do it?

adee-gee
05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
I'm attending all the British tourneys, I can't manage them :lol:

I think Pablin should do Wimbledon :worship:

Labamba
05-13-2009, 08:39 PM
I'm not sure if Pablin as the Wimby manager would go down well with many of the players :unsure:

Also it requires a lot of discipline...

scoobs
05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm willing to assist someone with Wimbledon singles management as I have that two weeks off to watch the tournament so I could do a lot of the legwork but I wouldn't be confident trying to manage that all by myself at this point :o

Mago#01
05-13-2009, 08:57 PM
I can run Winnetka

Ilovetheblues_86
05-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Troickitard if you are gonna run Bastad, do it with love of Sweden players and put a big huge Soderling picture in the front. It's his favourite tournament, and by consequence, my favourite one, since I´m a Soderlingtard.Maybe a hall of fame with all glorious sweden players would suit too. Passion!!! and make Sweden the ebst country of the world. Is all I ASK. :p

Zirconek
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
nobody applied for Queen's, Eastbourne or Wimbledon...is there some British boycott going on that I don't know of? :shrug:

Maybe it was my bashing of LTA and USTA tournaments some pages back :ignore: :lol:
US tournaments also have few managers so far :p

Ozone
05-14-2009, 01:34 AM
Man I could swap Lugano for Queen's but the draw is too big and my asst. manager would probably end up toaking over it. Ill stick with Lugano. And omg it almost makes me cry how these US Challengers are wide open and I cant comitt for them:(

mcarvalho
05-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Ville, I'm sorry but I knew today that I won't be available in the first days of July. So, I can't manage the start of Cordoba.

If you don't mind I wish to change to Orbetello, please.

juakos17
05-14-2009, 01:43 AM
winnetka for me please.

savesthedizzle
05-14-2009, 02:15 AM

:rolls: I'd do Queens but... actually wait. I don't have a reason really... I don't leave the country until the next week. If no one else can do it, you can give me Queens, if you wish :p

Troickitard if you are gonna run Bastad, do it with love of Sweden players and put a big huge Soderling picture in the front. It's his favourite tournament, and by consequence, my favourite one, since I´m a Soderlingtard.Maybe a hall of fame with all glorious sweden players would suit too. Passion!!! and make Sweden the ebst country of the world. Is all I ASK. :p

I can do this for you :) Can I also do it with a love for Bjorn Borg :hearts: I promise you a big Soderling pic on the front page. You can hold me to this :)

ExcaliburII
05-14-2009, 03:17 AM
I'm not sure if Pablin as the Wimby manager would go down well with many of the players :unsure:

Also it requires a lot of discipline...

So you are not trusting me? Ok. You should trust my intelligence man ;)

If you give me wimbledon you have my word ill be an excellent manager. Dont be a coward.

Allez-Alejo
05-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Let Pablin manage with me....we'll do well.

ExcaliburII
05-14-2009, 03:37 AM
:worship: :yeah:

Ilovetheblues_86
05-14-2009, 04:20 AM
:rolls:

I can do this for you :) Can I also do it with a love for Bjorn Borg :hearts: I promise you a big Soderling pic on the front page. You can hold me to this :)

Thanks Jess. :lol:

Labamba
05-15-2009, 01:04 AM
this week's threads (almost forgot :o )

01/06/2009 Prostejov CH CL 32/16/16/8 mcarvalho
01/06/2009 Furth CH CL 32/16/16/8 orangehat
01/06/2009 Nottingham CH G 32/16/16/8 scoobs
01/06/2009 Yuba City CH H 32/16/16/8 Mago#01

Note: 2 SE spots in each, all players out of RG can play.

orangehat
05-15-2009, 03:47 AM
I see Milan is still available and it's in my hols ... if nobody wants it i could take it.

ExcaliburII
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Labamba will you give me wimbledon or not? :sad:

Björki
05-15-2009, 07:43 AM
Pablin :rocker2:

Machiavelli
05-15-2009, 08:18 AM
Pablin :rocker2:

:worship:

Ilovetheblues_86
05-15-2009, 08:20 AM
:worship:

More like
:silly: because of hair.

ExcaliburII
05-15-2009, 02:45 PM
Probably no one was so worshipped when asking to manage a tournament. So it would be a terrbily wrong decision from the tt board not letting me manage Wimbledon.

Tennis-Engineer
05-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Pablin to manage Wimby this year :worship:

Boarder35m
05-15-2009, 03:20 PM

x 2 :p

FERNET
05-15-2009, 03:22 PM

x3 :worship:

ExcaliburII
05-15-2009, 03:27 PM
okay, i promise i didnt ask any of these people to come and worship me:lol: If you dont give me the tournament after this :cuckoo: