Davis Cup Final: Lopez beats Del Potro 4-6 7-6 7-6 6-3 - ARG 1 vs. ESP 1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davis Cup Final: Lopez beats Del Potro 4-6 7-6 7-6 6-3 - ARG 1 vs. ESP 1

LinkMage
11-21-2008, 09:02 PM
What a fucking tool this Del Mugtro. :mad:
Why the hell did he fly all the way to Shanghai this close to the DC Final? :o

Now the doubles is a must win match. :sad:

TeamID
Amazing Feli!

Del Potro played great in the first set, but Feli rebounded and played a great tiebreaker in the second set.

1-1

Black Adam
:bounce: :yeah:

Lopez prevents a 2-0 hole and I think it will come down to the doubles match because I don't see Feli-lo beating Nalby but Del Potro seens to be the weak link so far. He was treated at 3-2 in the 4th but I don't know how serious it is. Whoever wins the doubles will take the tie.

The court seems pretty fast but if Feli-lo can keep up the magic, it might turn out to be a disastrous choice for Argentina.

TheBoiledEgg
11-21-2008, 09:03 PM
Del Pony :spit: :haha:
what an idiot

Black Adam
This is a huge letdown from Del Potro after his strong finish vs Russia.

jayjay
What a fucking tool this Del Mugtro. :mad:
Why the hell did he fly all the way to Shanghai this close to the DC Final? :o

Shut up, you fickle twat.

Accept Lopez was the better player and move on.

Björki
11-21-2008, 09:04 PM
:worship:

Byrd
Del potro's MM run has comeback to bite him in his acne ass.

Hendu
Great match by Lopez, good effort by Del Potro.

anon57
Lopez played well:yeah:Doubles match may be prove to be the deciding match for the tie as I'm not sure how serious Del Potro's injury is and whether he'll be good to go on Sunday against Ferrer

jonathancrane
11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Felifashion rules! :rocker2:

MACHOTE!

Black Adam
11-21-2008, 09:05 PM
acne ass:haha::haha:

Can you imagine the sensation if Feli-lo actually pulls a one-man show that wins it for Spain this weekend??

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Well, I said Lopez should play instead of Ferrer like 2 months ago.

Expected. This surface is perfect for Lalo.

Pony = Pony.

If Pony is really injured, :wavey: DC for the Argies.

dylan24
11-21-2008, 09:06 PM
lopez is a stud indoors.
big monster serve.
arg should have selected coria over jmdp

Hendu
11-21-2008, 09:07 PM
The court seems pretty fast but if Feli-lo can keep up the magic, it might turn out to be a disastrous choice for Argentina.

The choice of surface has nothing to do with this. Playing like today, Del Potro wouldn't have beaten Robredo or Almagro on clay. And Ferrer would have had better chances against Nalbandian.

Ridiculous post.

LinkMage
We need to put Fatso on court tomorrow or we are really screwed.

Losing to that serve only clown Lalo. What a one dimensional mug Del Pony is. :fiery:

maldini
Didn't expect that :eek:

Lopez :hatoff:

canas
:devil:

http://www.fuebuena.com.ar/wp-content/uploads//2008/04/nalbandian-copia.gif

*snowflake*
:woohoo: and we're back to square one so i can be impartial again

I hoped that Lalo could go through the whole match and not choke but he stayed true to himself and did... Either way good job :hug:

LocoPorElTenis
11-21-2008, 09:08 PM
That's it folks. Congrats to Spain on the DC title :hatoff:

Machiavelli
Lopez will likely be the hero of Spain at the end fo the weekend.....

Eruwen
Feli :worship:

Sommarsverige
Big congrats to Feli :yeah: :bounce: :bounce:

JolánGagó
11-21-2008, 09:09 PM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

con dos cojones Lalo! :bowdown::bowdown:

Hold his nerves and won :yeah:

Hendu

Cramps.

GlennMirnyi
Shows how awful can be a court decision based on avoiding one player.

If this was on clay, it would be 2-0 Argies now.

Byrd
11-21-2008, 09:10 PM
Slice fucked up Del Pony, in a nutshell.

Black Adam
The choice of surface has nothing to do with this. Playing like today, Del Potro wouldn't have beaten Robredo or Almagro on clay. And Ferrer would have had better chances against Nalbandian.

Ridiculous post.
Take a chill pill, you will only have yourselves to blame for any kind of choking this weekend.

HeretiC
Del Potro was absolutely clueless what to do. Without any game-plan, struggling with Lalo's slices, pathetic positioning at net covering only DTL side, leaving the CC wide open, could not hit a single passing shot in last 2 sets. Lalo played ok, his serve worked well and he was ruthless with S&V.

Albop
I will laugh for a long time if Argentina loses this tie.

jayjay
That's it folks. Congrats to Spain on the DC title :hatoff:

Oh my, how on earth can Argentina win from 1-1?

It's not like we can win the doubles and Nalbandian can win his reverse singles, or even that Chucho could beat a completely out of form Ferrer?

The good thing about Kamikaze's loss is that we can see who all the fickle worthless Argentina fans are tonight, and then tomorrow if we win the doubles, we can watch them all jump back on the bandwagon.

GlennMirnyi
Cramps.

Cramps for what?

It's not like he had to run a lot. :)

Maybe Pony should get Simon's trainer.

Aenea
11-21-2008, 09:11 PM
:woohoo:

Spain is still in the game. Good match from Feli :D JMDP isn't ready for big events yet and this injury :unsure:

Vamos Spain :rocker2:

Sunset of Age
Lalo showing again that he's a great player on HC when he's on - and today he obviously was.

Congrats Feliciano! :hatoff:

Did DelPo's toenail still burden him?

scarecrows
Verdasco should play in the last day instead of Ferrer

jonathancrane
Well, I said Lopez should play instead of Ferrer like 2 months ago.

Expected. This surface is perfect for Lalo.

Pony = Pony.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=133614 :ras:

Nalby should play tomorrow

krystlel
11-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Cramps.
Was it cramps? Okay that makes me feel a lot better now.

Lopez played a great match. Usually you would expect him to throw in a couple of costly errors here and there, but none whatsoever. He was pretty even in the baseline rallies against Del Potro as well, surprisingly.

Tactically I'm not sure what Del Potro was trying to do. He looked a bit clueless out there and as you'd expect he struggled with Lopez's backhand slice.

Horatio Caine
Dedicated to Deivid. :devil:

Enhorabueno Lalo! :worship:

Before, we were looking at doubles being pretty crucial for Spain's hopes of prolonging the tie...now Argentina are under some solid pressure, as their current named team (Acasuso/Calleri) wouldn't, for me, be expected to beat Verdasco/Lopez (although I guess Lalo won't be especially fresh). If Argentina were to be 1-2 down going into Sunday, with Del Potro not 100% fit/possibly not playing...

Looks like Fat Dave is going to have perform another rescue attempt for his squad...

federernadalfan
lalo saves spain, spain has a good chance to win this thing now
the doubles tomorrow will be crucial

LinkMage
This could be the most embarrassing result of all time. Losing to a Spanish team led by no other than Feliciano Lopez. :o :help: :tape:

Bilbo
11-21-2008, 09:13 PM
This could be the most embarrassing result of all time. Losing to a Spanish team led by no other than Feliciano Lopez. :o :help: :tape:

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

GlennMirnyi

Definitely. But first the Spaniards must win the doubles match.

Congrats on seeing something very obvious right at your nose.

I said that before, but good point anyway. :)

Byrd
Del Pony to turn into another PHM :haha: :haha:

LinkMage
11-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Verdasco would have schooled Del Mugtro on clay.

Damn
11-21-2008, 09:14 PM
VAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS FELI!!!!

"Vamos vamos Argentina, vamos vamos a ganar" MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Even with that stupid, moronish and retarded crowd, yelling even at DFs and booing the Spaniards when they're celebrating the points, you aren't gonna win a shit, at home, with your surface, without Nadal, in front of your crowd ... whatever whenever bla bla bla.

And Del Pony is one of the worst useless overrated clowns of the whole tour. What a joke of a player. I would be pissed if he was Spaniard.

Feliciano, that's S&V :worship:

RogiRafaFan86
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Way to go Feli! :worship:

When people were questioning Emilio choosing him over Verdasco, saying that he couldn't handle the pressure - I knew that was bullshit. He proved me right today. Feliciano Lopez loves the spotlight. This is his dream scenario. When I read the articles yesterday about him wishing he could be the hero for Spain, I knew he was up to the challenge.

Regardless of the result of this final, Feliciano Lopez proved a lot of people wrong today. I'm so happy for him.

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Verdasco would have schooled Del Mugtro on clay.

Sorry mate, but this is bullshit. :)

Hendu
11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Take a chill pill, you will only have yourselves to blame for any kind of choking this weekend.

Indeed. But that doesn't make your post any less ridiculous.

krystlel
11-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Way to go Feli! :worship:

When people were questioning Emilio choosing him over Verdasco, saying that he couldn't handle the pressure - I knew that was bullshit. He proved me right today. Feliciano Lopez loves the spotlight. This is his dream scenario. When I read the articles yesterday about him wishing he could be the hero for Spain, I knew he was up to the challenge.

Regardless of the result of this final, Feliciano Lopez proved a lot of people wrong today. I'm so happy for him.
I haven't heard of that one before - but of course it is. We all know how Verdasco handles pressure in comparison.

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Even with that stupid, moronish and retarded crowd, yelling even at DFs and booing the Spaniards when they're celebrating the points, you aren't gonna win a shit, at home, with your surface, without Nadal, in front of your crowd ... whatever whenever bla bla bla.

I take it you were born after Malaga?

Congratulations on making it 1-1. :yeah:

Hendu
11-21-2008, 09:17 PM

What are you talking about?

Absurd.

Lopez wouldn't have played a singles rubber if it was on clay.

krystlel
11-21-2008, 09:18 PM

Absurd.

Yeah, it would be Ferrer and Almagro instead.

Cafisho
11-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm really starting to hate this MUGTRO...

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:19 PM

Let him have his moment of joy.

We'll see if he's still talking after the tie is over. I mean, of course he'll be talking, but it'll just be the same usual BS bitterness after Nalbandian wins a tie virtually on his own once again.

Albop
11-21-2008, 09:19 PM

But you loved him last week :awww:

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:20 PM

Try not to hate someone who put us in the final. It makes you and others like you look a little pathetic.

JolánGagó
11-21-2008, 09:20 PM

I think so too.

Ferrer was clearly not in form to lead the Spanish team, he's out of top10 from n.4 in a few weeks. He was given the chance nonetheless out of respect for his ranking, he blew it. He has no business anymore in this final. I hope ESV agrees.

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:22 PM

Absurd.

Pony can beat any Spaniard except for Nadull on clay right now.

Almugro winning a match under pressure? Don't be naive. He's probably not even training right now.

Let him have his moment of joy.

We'll see if he's still talking after the tie is over. I mean, of course he'll be talking, but it'll just be the same usual BS bitterness after Nalbandian wins a tie virtually on his own once again.

Don't be a jerk, I'm being objective.

JolánGagó
11-21-2008, 09:22 PM

Shut up clown. Enjoy the tennis.

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:23 PM
Don't be a jerk

You talking to yourself?

I'm being objective.

:lol:

Bilbo
LaLo will crack under the pressure as soon as it's 2-2

TheBoiledEgg
bad news for Argentina is that Del Pony plays 1st on Sunday, so tie could be over before Nalbandian finishes his lunch :help:

Tom Paulman
11-21-2008, 09:24 PM
Well done Lopez :yeah:

Hendu
11-21-2008, 09:26 PM

Almugro winning a match under pressure? Don't be naive. He's probably not even training right now.

Del Potro playing like this wouldn't have beaten Robredo or Almagro on clay. Specially having to play longer rallies... he cramped against a player doing S&V. :rolleyes:

And Ferrer would have had better chances against Nalbandian.

This surface was the right choice, whatever the result of the tie.

LinkMage
11-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Sorry mate, but this is bullshit. :)

Maybe, but Almagro would have definitely beaten Del Pony on clay.

Hendu
bad news for Argentina is that Del Pony plays 1st on Sunday, so tie could be over before Nalbandian finishes his lunch :help:

If Argentina is 1-2 by Sunday, it doesn't make a difference the order of play. Argentina would have to win both matches.

anon57
LaLo will crack under the pressure as soon as it's 2-2
But in order for LaLo to crack under the pressure at 2-2, the Argentines will need to get to 2-2 first :shrug: and imo there isn't a clear favourite for the doubles and I don't know how Del Potro will far physically on Sunday so there's no guarantees there will even be a live fifth rubber.

HeretiC
11-21-2008, 09:28 PM

Or Marcell (maybe even better against Del Potro cause he can charge the net), Pics would be a stupid choice. If Del Potro is ok Pics game will suits him.

GlennMirnyi
You talking to yourself?

:lol:

Bitter, are we?

You're just hotheaded because you expected the tie to be very easy.

I'll cut some slack right now so you can go back to the normal jerk level, you're on overdrive hermano.

jonathancrane
Two things:
This victory is glorious, yes, but the Argies still are the favourites. I don't see Feli/Nando upsetting Nalby. And tomorrow is obvious that Nalby will play the doubles, so watch out

The crowd has been polite (in DC tie terms), IMO

LinkMage
11-21-2008, 09:29 PM
We are so screwed. We will need a miracle from Fat Dave in the doubles match tomorrow. :sad:

JolánGagó
11-21-2008, 09:29 PM

Bullshit. Even Ferrer would beat him, needless to say Verdasco, Robredo y Almagro. DelPony would beat Lalo y Moya :lol:

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Del Potro playing like this wouldn't have beaten Robredo or Almagro on clay. Specially having to play longer rallies... he cramped against a player doing S&V. :rolleyes:

And Ferrer would have had better chances against Nalbandian.

This surface was the right choice, whatever the result of the tie.

Of course he would. Who's Robredo nowadays?

Almugro? I'm gonna pretend I never read his name.

I think this surface plays right into Lalo's game, but it was a risk to be taken, considering that if clay was chosen and Nadull showed up, there would be no tie.

LinkMage
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
The crowd has been polite (in DC tie terms), IMO

Yup, awful crowd. Barely chanted. Should have been done in Buenos Aires. Those Marplatenses don't know how to cheer properly. :p

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:31 PM
Bitter, are we?

About what?

You're just hotheaded because you expected the tie to be very easy.

I'm hot headed? How so?

I'm quite level headed, actually. I'd have thought it's you who has a hard on, right now. Nalbandian outplayed Ferrer, Lopez outplayed Del Potro.

It's 1-1. I'm quite confident we can win at least the doubles and Nalbandian's reverse. I'm not the one here criticising Del Potro because he lost a match, like some of these fickle twats. And of course you're here. You wouldn't want to miss anything Argentina related, win or lose, same shit comes out of your mouth.

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Bullshit. Even Ferrer would beat him, needless to say Verdasco, Robredo y Almagro. DelPony would beat Lalo y Moya :lol:

Verdasco man? Don't be a fool.

Almugro can't play under pressure. Huge mug.

Robredo would have a chance, but I doubt he'd win the match.

It's simple: Pony likes to have balls fed for him to ballbash at will. All Spaniards would do that, except Lalo, and that's why he won.

sawan66278
11-21-2008, 09:33 PM
Glad to see Del Potro go down after his pathetic attempt to rile up the crowd in the third set tiebreak when he threw up his arms and cheered AFTER A DOUBLE FAULT by Lopez. Classless...and, stupid too considering Argentina was one warning away from losing a point for rowdiness.

HeretiC
11-21-2008, 09:34 PM

He should've if Arnold is partnering him. With Gordo or Chucho probably it is a lost cause anyway :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:35 PM
About what?

I'm hot headed? How so?

I'm quite level headed, actually. I'd have thought it's you who has a hard on, right now. Nalbandian outplayed Ferrer, Lopez outplayed Del Potro.

It's 1-1. I'm quite confident we can win at least the doubles and Nalbandian's reverse. I'm not the one here criticising Del Potro because he lost a match, like some of these fickle twats. And of course you're here. You wouldn't want to miss anything Argentina related, win or lose, same shit comes out of your mouth.

I'm not having a hard on. I dislike Spaniards way more than you think I dislike Argies (I don't, actually).

I just don't wanna see Fat Dave winning the DC. That's all.

Also this doesn't come to me as a surprise. Lalo was always a favorite at this surface against Pony. :)

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Only chance is Gordo Calleri playing lights out tomorrow.

oranges
11-21-2008, 09:37 PM
:hatoff: Lalo, the tie would be pretty much over without this win, now it's as open as it can be. I take it Nalby will play the doubles tomorrow after all?

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I just don't wanna see Fat Dave winning the DC. That's all.

Yeah, that's what it comes down to, doesn't it?

Shocking. I'd never have guessed.

Happy trolling (or being 'objective' as you call it). :wavey:

Gonna be a tough weekend for you if Nalbandian can make the difference in the doubles, because you know full well Lopez won't be beating him. Looking forward to your insightful posts if Argentina win the DC, and even more so, if we don't. :yippee:

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, that's what it comes down to, doesn't it?

Shocking. I'd never have guessed.

Happy trolling (or being 'objective' as you call it). :wavey:

Gonna be a tough weekend for you if Nalbandian can make the difference in the doubles, because you know full well Lopez won't be beating him. Looking forward to your insightful posts if Argentina win the DC, and even more so, if we don't. :yippee:

Fair deal.

Will you be here if the Spaniards win? :)

Hendu
11-21-2008, 09:42 PM
I think this surface plays right into Lalo's game, but it was a risk to be taken, considering that if clay was chosen and Nadull showed up, there would be no tie.

And clay plays into most Spanish players' game.

LinkMage
11-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Seems like Black Adam is bitter once again. Gave me another bad rep. :awww: :baby:

HeretiC
11-21-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it would be Ferrer and Almagro instead.

I think it would have been Verdasco instead of Almagro. Almagro does not cope that well in a best of 5 set matches, he is too inconsitent over a longer period.

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:45 PM
And clay plays into most Spanish players' game.

Yeah, but they're mugs and/or are playing awfully right now, like Ferrer.

Thing is: on clay, if Del Pony choked, you could put another player.

In this surface, it's either him or Fat Dave.

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Will you be here if the Spaniards win? :)

Yes, I'll say, well done, you deserved it (as I have done with Lopez's win). As most reasonable Argentine fans would. The others will criticise whichever player lost, even Nalbandian, because they are pure fickle scum who like to share the joy of victory and then look to blame the first person they can if it goes wrong.

I'd rather you not be here if Argentina win because we know full well you're virtually incapable of giving credit where it is due to Nalbandian.

"Bitter, are we?" You were surely referring to yourself, no?

GlennMirnyi
11-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Nah.

I just hate Fatbaldian and all his fans for overrating him.

I have nothing against the Argie team. If they win, I'll be happy the Spaniards lost.

If they lose, I'll be happy fat Dave lost.

It's a win-win situation, really.

Machiavelli
11-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Calleri coming up with a brilliant hard court presentation tommorow out of nowhere and handing it into Nalbandians hand, that would be a fitting end to a horrible season for Gordo

ChinoRios4Ever
11-21-2008, 09:52 PM
unreal match by LaLo :worship: even when JMDP was injuried

jayjay
11-21-2008, 09:53 PM
It's a win-win situation, really.

If you hate the Spanish and hate Nalbandian, surely it's a lose-lose?

Regardless, I don't care. I'd rather we were 2-0 up, I can live with 1-1. If we lose the doubles and Kamikaze isn't fit enough to play on sunday, then clearly we are in big trouble (but it wouldn't be over).

On the other hand, if we win the doubles, we win the tie. It's as simple as that. Doubles is up for grabs, but with Nalbandian in there, I like our chances more than those of the Spanish.

Hendu
11-21-2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but they're mugs and/or are playing awfully right now, like Ferrer.

Thing is: on clay, if Del Pony choked, you could put another player.

In this surface, it's either him or Fat Dave.

Him and fat dave happen to be the best two Argentine players. An indoor fast court was the right choice.

Hendu
11-21-2008, 10:00 PM
Regardless, I don't care. I'd rather we were 2-0 up, I can live with 1-1. If we lose the doubles and Kamikaze isn't fit enough to play on sunday, then clearly we are in big trouble (but it wouldn't be over).

Losing the doubles and having to play Calleri on Sunday would be terrifyingly awesome. If gordo won, Parque Roca should be named after him. :D

LocoPorElTenis
11-21-2008, 10:08 PM
We are so screwed. We will need a miracle from Fat Dave in the doubles match tomorrow. :sad:

Yup. Problem is the other 3 members of the team are huge mugs, in both singles and doubles. Nalbi will have to single-handedly beat Nando and Feli, and then beat Feli alone again. Not likely.

TMJordan
11-21-2008, 10:23 PM
LoL

Voo de Mar
11-21-2008, 10:23 PM
I hope you know what I meant when I was writing that Del Potro plays too many easy matches :o It's a lack of experiences in tough matches, cuases defeats like this one or against Murray at the US Open.

fast_clay
11-21-2008, 10:25 PM
wow... at least you argies can be happy the 3rd day has a live rubber :lol: i can see this becoming pretty dramatic...

Hendu
11-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Yup. Problem is the other 3 members of the team are huge mugs, in both singles and doubles. Nalbi will have to single-handedly beat Nando and Feli, and then beat Feli alone again. Not likely.

Yes, like against Russia. :rolleyes:

*Jean*
11-21-2008, 10:32 PM
Feli :eek: :bounce:

LocoPorElTenis
11-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Yes, like against Russia. :rolleyes:

Del Potro was at his peak against Russia. Now he's tired, has less confidence, and is injured. Huge difference.

I don't mean Del Potro is a mug in general, he's not, but he's a mug in the current situation.

Medina
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Del Potro :confused:

Lopez geeze, suprised me and a half (:

Taz Warrior
11-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Feli :yeah: :worship:

FedFan_2007
11-21-2008, 11:48 PM
DelMugTro.

fast_clay
11-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Del Potro was at his peak against Russia. Now he's tired, has less confidence, and is injured. Huge difference.

I don't mean Del Potro is a mug in general, he's not, but he's a mug in the current situation.

this is where dp can become a bit of a legend... i mean... everyone who's been watching knows he's on the downward slide as far as form goes... he's coming way off his peak now yes... but, if he can just summon one last big show for the year...

VolandriFan
11-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Feli comes out on top in the battle of the sexes.

finishingmove
11-22-2008, 12:56 AM
no need to cry, ponyboy.

fat dave will bring the party to argentina.

Black Adam
11-22-2008, 12:58 AM
Oh, man can you smell the choke that's coming???

This is gonna be worse that the time when the heavy favorites Argentina lost at the World Cup 2 year ago.

If Feli is successful in the next 2 days, it could jump-start his career to dizzy heights next year.

dam0dred
11-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I'm glad Lopez won this one, I really hate Del Pony. That said I'd love to see the Argies win. Fat Dave :)

connectolove
11-22-2008, 01:26 AM
Shut up, you fickle twat.

Accept Lopez was the better player and move on.

My God, yes, he was the much better player. Lopez said in the interview that he had never felt happier in his career. Now he knows how Nadal feels most of the time.

Igaarg
11-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Delpo needs a rest and he is under a lot pressure. I don´t like his game, but he is still young and can improve. Don´t think he is mug or something.
Feli really deserved to win today, he play really well. I don´t have many hopes tomorrow, but It would be a huge relieve if we win. Come on Agustín y David!

ChinoRios4Ever
11-22-2008, 02:43 AM
Delpo is OUT of reverse singles.

Source: ESPN Latinamerica

Argentina :scared: if they lost the doubles

Action Jackson
11-22-2008, 02:52 AM
LaLo winning, well good for the tie to go 3 days and time for Calleri to step up.

As much as I can't stand LaLo, he stepped it up and deserved the title.

Link the clown is at it again, this is the burro that tells Nalbandian to retire when he loses a match, if he does that, then they'd never win the Davis Cup. Then he wins he is a hero.

Steelq
11-22-2008, 03:00 AM
Delpo is OUT of reverse singles.

Source: ESPN Latinamerica

Argentina :scared: if they lost the doubles
What?Are you serious?That would be a game over for Argies.

finishingmove
11-22-2008, 03:18 AM
i can see granollers - acasuso coming up

TMJordan
11-22-2008, 03:19 AM

That is what the people paid the big bucks for.

Action Jackson
11-22-2008, 03:21 AM

The bras and the g-strings will be thrown on the court in this match.

buddyholly
11-22-2008, 03:35 AM
So they chose to play in Malvinas Stadium.

Of course they are going to lose!

LocoPorElTenis
11-22-2008, 03:45 AM
Del Potro is still in doubt for Sunday, there'll be more news tomorrow (Saturday). Either way, Argentina needs a win in the doubles tomorrow, as Ferrer even with its current poor form will be heavy favorite against Chucho, Calleri or a diminished Del Potro. Right now Spain has 80% chance of winning.

Arkulari
11-22-2008, 03:52 AM
who was the clown that said that Lalo didn't have the mental strenght to beat anyone in Argentina? :o
I said it at the Madrid tournament, Lalo should play the singles matches, he's the best player Spain has in there right now :yeah:

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_10353_gallery.jpg

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_10362_gallery.JPG

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7546/felidc3el8.jpg
(Spanish flags: the official one with the coat of arms, the one with the Quixote and Sancho Panza, another with the Osborne bull, with another bull... :lol: )

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4941/felidc4oh8.jpg

http://img122.imageshack.us/img122/8669/felidc1fa7.jpg

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/8083/felidc2gg4.jpg

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_10349_gallery.JPG

Venga Feli, con un par de cojones en los dobles! :rocker:

Jimnik
11-22-2008, 04:00 AM
LOL Lalo. Well done.

Didn't even know David Cup final was so early this year. :o

Rafa = Fed Killa
11-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Del Pony is a weak pansy. No surprise here.

alfonsojose
11-22-2008, 04:58 AM

This is gonna be worse that the time when the heavy favorites Argentina lost at the World Cup 2 year ago.

If Feli is successful in the next 2 days, it could jump-start his career to dizzy heights next year.

Higher heels, maybe :lol:

alfonsojose
11-22-2008, 05:01 AM
So they chose to play in Malvinas Stadium.

Of course they are going to lose!

:lol: Malvines, what a sad name :sad:

Stgobaiano
11-22-2008, 05:07 AM
Del Potro sucks. Unidimensional Mug.

Go Nalba, win this alone.

WTH is doing Acasuso in the team, at least Cañas deserve be in the team(without playing) because he has GUTS and was a very good player

sLayer
11-22-2008, 05:24 AM
I can´t believe it!

xlycet
11-22-2008, 06:10 AM
Bad opening

Forehander
11-22-2008, 06:13 AM
What's more important? Davis Cup or Master Cup tournament? Obviously Master Cup. Davis Cup is simply a dumb tournament. Just like World Cup in Rugby, pfft seriously who gives a crap about it. Del Potro couldn't care less about winning or not.

finishingmove
11-22-2008, 06:14 AM
What's more important? Davis Cup or Master Cup tournament? Obviously Master Cup. Davis Cup is simply a dumb tournament. Just like World Cup in Rugby, pfft seriously who gives a crap about it. Del Potro couldn't care less about winning or not.

yes that's why he cried.

krystlel
11-22-2008, 06:19 AM
:lol: Admittedly I took this right out of my own blog, but it seemed to totally fit my usual match reports.

Sometimes Lopez can be overly reliant on his own serve, and can be prone to making awful errors, but today, he put in one of the most consistently effective performances I've seen from him. Lopez started off slow, being outplayed easily from the back of the court, and he handed the early break of serve to Del Potro with four sloppy errors. I think of Lopez as more of a short point player, thinking that eventually his groundstrokes would break down against most of his peers.

Usually when players face Lopez, they look to target his major weakness, the backhand where he is severely lacking an attacking shot, and resorts to the slice on most occasions. It's like the safe haven for players to go to when they're on the dead run. But this is a match-up that strongly favours Lopez, because Del Potro has been known to struggle with low slice backhands. He also likes to get into a rhythm from the back of the court, which Lopez does not provide him with.

Del Potro showed a lack of tactical awareness, displaying no particular pattern of play in order to win points. His accuracy was poor, letting Lopez taking more of an aggressive mindset, and quickly move up to the centre of the court, to put away volleys. He needed to take him out of court better and move the Spaniard around. On occasion, I noted him trying to trading crosscourt forehands to Lopez's backhand side, but Lopez promptly ran around it hit a forehand. He attempted a similar pattern of play against Roger Federer in Madrid, and got burned consistently. He needs to learn that you need to either open up the court to find an opponent's weakness or do so with much better accuracy.

Lopez seemed to enjoy the pace of Del Potro's groundstrokes, as well as the low bounce on the court which enabled him to shorten his backswings and redirect his shots. His groundstrokes were holding up remarkably well, even in the longer rallies. Importantly, he was also executing the lower difficulty shots well, taking care of the high volleys, put away shots and serving consistently well, which can sometimes be a problem with him. He never buckled under pressure, apart from one slight hiccup early in the third set and kept up a consistently high level to defeat Del Potro, who struggled with a groin injury from midway through the third set.

Forehander
11-22-2008, 08:29 AM
yes that's why he cried.

Exactly, overjoyed that he's finally half way through a clown final of a pointless tournament.

sorrowman
11-22-2008, 09:10 AM
what is going on with Del potro injury?he will be able to play the last match ?

propi
11-22-2008, 09:40 AM
Great result by Feli :bounce:
Let's hope Feli and Fer can win the doubles... if so I don't know if David and Feliciano would be able to play on Sunday due to the effort if today match is long :o
ANyway I still think the tie is wide open, we're playing David Cup, ranking doesn't matter and if Del Potro is not playing Acasuso or Calleri can win tomorrow.
Whoever wins the tie is amazing by now :yeah:

Deivid23
11-22-2008, 09:43 AM
LaLo was lucky Del Potro got injured at 2-3 in the 4th, he would have choked away his best match ever for sure :o

propi
11-22-2008, 09:45 AM
LaLo was lucky Del Potro got injured at 2-3 in the 4th, he would have choked away his best match ever for sure :o
Wow, you will never give him any credit, will you?? :p ;)

Deivid23
11-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Wow, you will never give him any credit, will you?? :p ;)

Nah, not my job ;)

Deivid23
11-22-2008, 10:10 AM

On the other hand, if we win the doubles, we win the tie. It's as simple as that. Doubles is up for grabs, but with Nalbandian in there, I like our chances more than those of the Spanish.

Completely agree with that, people are overreacting big time. JMDP won´t play tomorrow but I think Argies are still heavy favs to win it all, and they should win it. Nalbandian will easily win either LaLo or Verdasco, doubles match is pretty much levelled but I give a slight edge to Argentina as well and in a 4th match Calleri vs Verdasco, it´s anybody´s match :shrug:

gulzhan
11-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Vamos, Lopez :rocker2:

speedy7
11-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Great win Feli

Bilbo
11-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Completely agree with that, people are overreacting big time. JMDP won´t play tomorrow but I think Argies are still heavy favs to win it all, and they should win it. Nalbandian will easily win either LaLo or Verdasco, doubles match is pretty much levelled but I give a slight edge to Argentina as well and in a 4th match Calleri vs Verdasco, it´s anybody´s match :shrug:

what happened to europeanpicks, mate?

Cafisho
11-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Local sports channel say that it's unlikely Del Potro will play on sunday.

Deivid23
11-22-2008, 12:28 PM
what happened to europeanpicks, mate?

I think they changed servers or some shit like that and many people think they´re down, but not, access from this link (http://www.ep-forum.net/forum/default.asp)

jayjay
11-22-2008, 01:07 PM
in a 4th match Calleri vs Verdasco, it´s anybody´s match :shrug:

You'd have to give Verdasco a massive edge, because Calleri has been utterly pathetic for a long time now. There is always the off chance he could produce a one off display to either win the tie or keep us in the tie, but I wouldn't want our hopes resting on Malaga 2003 Calleri showing up. :lol:

Black Adam
11-22-2008, 01:12 PM

Higher heels, maybe :lol:
:haha::haha:

JolánGagó
11-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Exactly, overjoyed that he's finally half way through a clown final of a pointless tournament.

Bullshit of epic proportions.

He's crying because he proclaimed they'd "sacarle a Nadal los calzones del orto" and now the one assnaked is him.

Or perhaps the Argie team's doc mistook the syringes and shot him something else instead of the painkillers for the ingrained toenail :rolleyes:

Igaarg
11-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Bullshit of epic proportions.

He's crying because he proclaimed they'd "sacarle a Nadal los calzones del orto" and now the one assnaked is him.

Or perhaps the Argie team's doc mistook the syringes and shot him something else instead of the painkillers for the ingrained toenail :rolleyes:

He is crying because is under pressure and very frustrated, he guessed he could have good results in TMC and being fine to play the DC, but he is tired, he can´t handle the situation and is very inmature. I can´t blame him, but it´s a pity.

Byrd
11-22-2008, 02:16 PM
I have a feeling if Argetine were to lose this, could be pretty detrimental to Del Pony in the long run for many reasons.

GlennMirnyi
11-22-2008, 03:14 PM
yes that's why he cried.

No, he cried because he's a pansy.

It's not the first time... well, it's usual with immature, religious people to cry when things are going wrong.

alfonsojose
11-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Potro injured his tongue on practice :eek: :scared: It hass been tooo much for him :hug:
http://www.daviscup.com/news/matchreport.asp?articleid=15459

federernadalfan
11-22-2008, 03:25 PM
Del Potro was never going to be in prime condition for this rubber, given that he has had problems with his toe, and also his tongue – he bit into his tongue during one practice session this week, spilling so much blood on to the court that he had to cut training short and seek medical attention.

damn

GlennMirnyi
11-22-2008, 03:34 PM
:haha:

The kid is a total retard. Biting his own tongue... :o

LinkMage
11-22-2008, 04:36 PM
LaLo winning, well good for the tie to go 3 days and time for Calleri to step up.

As much as I can't stand LaLo, he stepped it up and deserved the title.

Link the clown is at it again, this is the burro that tells Nalbandian to retire when he loses a match, if he does that, then they'd never win the Davis Cup. Then he wins he is a hero.

:confused:
What title?

This was the 2nd rubber in the DC Final if you haven't figured that out, old man. :wavey:

Veronique
11-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Just keep remembering that Argentina wouldn't be in this situation without Del Potro.

Arkulari
11-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I thought Argentina would win 4-1 or 5-0 with Del Potro playing like he did at the SF against Russia, but now?
it could go either way :shrug:

sorrowman
11-22-2008, 08:04 PM
any news for Del Potro? He will play tommorow or else who will replace him?

The_Nadal_effect
11-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Lopez could well end up the unsung hero of 2008!

MAN shows his mettle! :devil:

PiggyGotRoasted
11-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Lopez could well end up the unsung hero of 2008!

MAN shows his mettle! :devil:

Acasuso is looking like he could be a unsung hero at the moment :devil:

Black Adam
11-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Is he now???

zine56
11-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Acasuso is looking like he could be a unsung hero at the moment :devil:

nice jinx

Black Adam
11-23-2008, 06:11 PM
:haha::haha:

So much for avoiding clay :devil::rolls::rolls:

The_Nadal_effect
11-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Lopez, Rafa and Spain will be proud of you.
:worship: