Which breaking of the mind, body and spirit was most impressive in 2008...? POLL [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which breaking of the mind, body and spirit was most impressive in 2008...? POLL

fast_clay
11-19-2008, 04:44 AM
So after the nominations have been taken, here are is the poll... with a couple of WC's thrown in.

I know I probably missed a couple, but there were only 10 choices... I took the liberty of adding *tears* if it caused an emotional event caught by media... this may help people gauge whch event caused the more major breakage. It is worth mentioning that there is no record of any male scot crying. . . not even when the vikings took all the good looking wenches. . . !

Multiple choices available...

castle007
11-19-2008, 04:50 AM
where is the poll?? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

fast_clay
11-19-2008, 05:22 AM
yeah... soz, took a while, f*** it... thats the last time i use copy n paste with frikken polls ever again... nightmare... !!

Scotso
11-19-2008, 11:58 PM
What do you mean by "breaking"?

And are we supposed to be choosing the things that were hardest for us to see or that was the biggest upset?

Henry Chinaski
11-20-2008, 12:02 AM
the event that had the biggest impact on the defeated party is what is meant as far as I know. it was discussed in another thread of the same name.

fast_clay
11-20-2008, 12:41 AM
yeah.. perhaps the lasting effect is an important part of it all... it could be a physical breakage, mental breakage... or, as in some cases, emotional, as denoted by *tears* ... for example, a couple used hamburg where nadal beat novak in a close clay court battle... that, FO and queens i grouped together as three and Nadal just shut him out pretty solid like... and.. i think novak carried the weight of that where... it displyed itself as emotionallyat the olympics... after yet another defeat... federer i dont think was really mentally hurt for all that long... i was pretty impressed by his 'all out attack 5th set' vs andreev where he knew his balls were really on the line... his last major streak left... so... yeah... nadal... i guess we just see that his body cant do what the tour has asked of him... and thus, we have defence employers like simon and murray breaking him physically... i mean, who would miss a cup final if they weren't broken in some fashion...?

can mean a few things... extremely subjective...

Clydey
11-20-2008, 02:11 AM
So after the nominations have been taken, here are is the poll... with a couple of WC's thrown in.

I know I probably missed a couple, but there were only 10 choices... I took the liberty of adding *tears* if it caused an emotional event caught by media... this may help people gauge whch event caused the more major breakage. It is worth mentioning that there is no record of any male scot crying. . . not even when the vikings took all the good looking wenches. . . !

Multiple choices available...

Scottish men are born without tear ducts. Fact.

fast_clay
11-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Scottish men are born without tear ducts. Fact.

yes... i have heard of this phenomenon... Murray would display this national trait well...

We have a similar tradition in Australia. Russel Crowe often recounts the tale of when his English actor friend came to visit him in his Coffs Harbour pub in country news south wales. They were together drinking at the bar when his English mate received news that his dog had died, hit by a car apparently. Salt water began to well in the Englishman's eyes, when suddenly, Crowe lept into action... and... after a momentary struggle, Crowe had sunk his index and middle fingers behind
both eyeballs of the English, and the visitor sat there... gouged.

Crowe knew as well as anyone...

...only tears of blood are acceptable.

Both went on to enjoy their beverage.

Clydey
11-20-2008, 09:14 PM
yes... i have heard of this phenomenon... Murray would display this national trait well...

We have a similar tradition in Australia. Russel Crowe often recounts the tale of when his English actor friend came to visit him in his Coffs Harbour pub in country news south wales. They were together drinking at the bar when his English mate received news that his dog had died, hit by a car apparently. Salt water began to well in the Englishman's eyes, when suddenly, Crowe lept into action... and... after a momentary struggle, Crowe had sunk his index and middle fingers behind
both eyeballs of the English, and the visitor sat there... gouged.

Crowe knew as well as anyone...

...only tears of blood are acceptable.

Both went on to enjoy their beverage.

Crowe actually removed the tear ducts when he ploughed his fingers into the Englishman's eyes. It's an instinctive reaction from Scottish and Australian men when they see tears. Tearful people should embrace the gesture.

This also applies to people who do not sweat blood. The sweat glands are to be removed at the earliest opportunity. It is a sign of weakness.