Mr Tweedledum, Mr Disney, and other ATP corporate c*nts [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mr Tweedledum, Mr Disney, and other ATP corporate c*nts

q.j.
11-17-2008, 07:20 PM
Very, very disrespectful to the Donkey

one thing is for us to comment on these things in some trashing or biased way towards one player or another but for some official ATP overpaid suit to be so blatantly disrespectful to once ranked no.4 is pathetic, it just shows how they really feel like they are in their comfort zone , and they run some family business and player are there for them, not the other way around. He may be a fixer, but that's small potatoes to the shit they pull, selling out to the highest bidder and creating such a packed calendar.

ATP "Relieved" By Nikolay Davydenko Loss (Humor)

Officials at the Association of Tennis Professionals today expressed relief that talented young Serb Novak Djokovic won the ATP Master’s Cup in Shanghai, rather than fifth-ranked Nikolay Davydenko.

“If Davydenko had won, then we might actually have had to promote him,” said one official, who requested anonymity but, since he’s in charge of the ATP marketing, will be referred to as Tweedledee.

“Davydenko is a hard worker and reliable presence in the top 10,” said Tweedledee, “but his personality and charisma make one nostalgic for Yevgeny Kafelnikov. His baseline-hugging game makes one long for Thomas Muster.”

Similar sentiments were expressed by another official who also asked not to be identified, but since he is in charge of ATP scheduling will be referred to as Tweedledum.

“People will naturally blame me for Davydenko reaching the final, since (Rafael) Nadal, our top-ranked player, couldn’t even make it and (Roger) Federer, our two-time defending champion showed up hurt,” said Tweedledum.

“But they miss the fact that there was almost a marquee final between Djokovic and Andy Murray. Think of it: The game’s two fastest-rising young stars, competing in the tour’s last match for the momentum they need to challenge the top two. So close, and all undone by …(sigh)…scheduling.

“I can’t even do things right by accident,” Tweedledum added.

Murray, the hottest player on tour in the fall had won all three of his qualifying-round matches, including a three-set thriller against Federer on Friday. That match, however, left Murray in less than ideal shape to play Davydenko the next day.

“We were afraid that the same thing would happen Sunday, since Novak had gone three sets with (Gilles) Simon the day before,” said Tweedledee. “Then alllllll next year we would have had to refer to Davydenko as ‘the Master’s Cup champion’ as if that somehow put him in greater contention for slams.”

The officials said that that Master’s Cup has in recent years been jokingly referred to among ATP staff as Executions with Roger Federer.

This is because the Swiss seems to be the only top five player whose style of play allows him to conserve enough energy to have something left for the Cup, where he wins a lopsided final round match against a hot player who otherwise is out of his depth against the Swiss, and who won’t be back to the final the following year.

“I guess this year Executions had a new host in Djokovic, and a new guest to the take the place of James Blake and David Ferrer,” said Tweedledum. “I’d like to take credit for the last really good final we had, which was Federer-Nalbandian in ’05, but since this is off the record, I’ll be honest: It was pure luck.

“Nobody can predict what Nalbandian will do.”

Tweedledum said that more high-quality finals, like Becker-Sampras 1996 or even Hewitt-Ferrero 2002 seem unlikely until “I’m fired and replaced by someone who has the authority and the courage to shorten the season and save the players’ energy.”

Tweedledee looks forward to the upcoming season, one in which Federer and Nadal should be challenged by both Djokovic and Murray.

“To find a foursome this strong, you pretty much have to go back to 1990, when it was Ivan Lendl, Boris Becker and Stefan Edberg in the top 3, all of them multi-Slam winners, while Andre Agassi was knocking on the door,” he said.

“Davydenko hits an awfully clean ball, but he’ll never be in that category. I’ve watched him play matches against Federer where I thought, Davydenko could make not one unforced error and still lose this match.”

Davydenko is 0-12 against Federer, having not won a set from the Swiss in nearly three years. He is 2-3 against Nadal, 1-2 against Djokovic and 1-5 against Andy Roddick. While he has won two Master’s Series events and reached four Grand Slam semis, the majority of his 15 ATP titles have come in second and third-tier venues like Moscow, Warsaw and assorted cities in Austria.

Tweedledee described watching him play as “the most joyless experience in men’s tennis, aside from watching Ivo Karlovic hit ace after ace.”

“It would take a marketing genius to promote him. It would certainly require more ability than I’ve demonstrated.”

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/82613-atp-relieved-by-nikolay-davydenko-loss-humor

:spit: :spit:

Game.Set.Match..
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
is this a joke?

finishingmove
11-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Lol!

q.j.
11-17-2008, 07:45 PM
is this a joke?

No.

Jaap
11-17-2008, 07:46 PM
Good article.

Having someone like Davydenko at the top of the mens game would be a disaster for mens tennis. He is a filthy man with no morals and care for tennis........only for money.

His game is one dimensional and he has the personality of a robot.

Game.Set.Match..
11-17-2008, 07:46 PM
No.

unbelievable...

finishingmove
11-17-2008, 07:53 PM
basically they're saying everyone but the current top 4 are mugs.

in a mug era

:lol:

oranges
11-17-2008, 08:02 PM
:lol: As this seems a site where basically anyone who registers can write articles, I'm hoping the statements of ATP officials were invented to spruce things up a bit. Otherwise, they should consider doing away with competition altogether and running some type of exhos among the designated stars that would be more in line with the envisaged marketing strategy :spit:

q.j.
11-17-2008, 08:11 PM
:lol: As this seems a site where basically anyone who registers can write articles, I'm hoping the statements of ATP officials were invented to spruce things up a bit. Otherwise, they should consider doing away with competition altogether and running some type of exhos among the designated stars that would be more in line with the envisaged marketing strategy :spit:

perhaps, i mean just look at the authors bio and profile pic, :eek:

but i still think it has a kind of ATP Feel to it

:spit:

cobalt60
11-17-2008, 08:16 PM
poor humor

amierin
11-17-2008, 09:00 PM
The article is clearly labeled "humor".

q.j.
11-17-2008, 11:34 PM
The article is clearly labeled "humor".

So perceptive.

federernadalfan
11-17-2008, 11:48 PM
:spit: :haha: a donkey hater

Sunset of Age
11-18-2008, 12:16 AM
If this is 'humour'... :rolleyes: - I find it very, very tasteless towards Davidenko. :(

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Really donkey is a shame for ATP...no credit for the guy!

Sunset of Age
11-18-2008, 12:45 AM

There never was any proof for those accusations he got, his case is cleared, and he is still getting remembered of it by this sort of 'humourous' articles?

The ATP is a shame for the players!

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 12:57 AM
There never was any proof for those accusations he got, his case is cleared, and he is still getting remembered of it by this sort of 'humourous' articles?

Once you get those kind of accusations you'll be referred to as the same thing until you're alive...:rolleyes: donkey is no exception!
BTW- I mean if he was ever innocent,then where did those rumors came from?? why did they ever accused him with those type of stuff??:confused:

Sunset of Age
11-18-2008, 01:00 AM
BTW- I mean if he was ever innocent,then where did those rumors came from?? why did they ever accused him with those type of stuff??:confused:

Do you really believe that innocent people never get falsely accused of something? I'd be without a job if that were the case... :rolleyes:

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 12:36 PM
You know every human being will commit some mistakes in his life without a shadow of a doubt and surely every innocent people would get falsely accused of something!
but it's different in kolya's case,i mean why would they ever accuse him for math-fixing if he's not even involved in that story?? there's surely been something to spark those speculations !!!

oranges
11-18-2008, 12:39 PM
You know every human being will commit some mistakes in his life without a shadow of a doubt and surely every innocent people would get falsely accused of something!
but it's different in kolya's case,i mean why would they ever accuse him for math-fixing if he's not even involved in that story?? there's surely been something to spark those speculations !!!

Do you want a new Nadal is doped thread? If not, then you might want to reconsider what you've been saying.

Jaap
11-18-2008, 12:42 PM

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jaap
11-18-2008, 12:43 PM
Anyone that don't reckon Davy match fixes is a mug and not worth talking to.

q.j.
11-18-2008, 01:15 PM
Do you want a new Nadal is doped thread? If not, then you might want to reconsider what you've been saying.

:rolls:

Titled something like : Nadull's visit to gynecologist, part XX

this is all i will ever write on the doping subject

at least top 30, probably even top 50 are doping on a regular bases, everyone ever to come a mile close to sports medicine knows this, and it ain't with some anabolic steroid or a sterol derivate that can easily be detected with MS or any other anti-dope test, it's stuff (blood extracts) that are almost if not in total, impossible to detect with today's AD methods. Probably top guys are taking them with some medical supervision and, since they can pay more money, they get cleaner, better juice that is likely to have less damage to their immunity and health in the later stages of their life, but to think that only one guy take this, and only in tennis, :lol: :lol: :lol:

they would be dead before Wimby if they weren't taking these, that's how sick their schedule is.

Henry Chinaski
11-18-2008, 01:53 PM
If this is 'humour'... :rolleyes: - I find it very, very tasteless towards Davidenko. :(

The article is poking fun at the ATP and their attitude towards Davydenko, not at Davydenko himself. I mean it's not exactly subtle as far as satire goes.

Sunset of Age
11-18-2008, 02:35 PM
The article is poking fun at the ATP and their attitude towards Davydenko, not at Davydenko himself. I mean it's not exactly subtle as far as satire goes.

That's true. But I well remember having seen several statements from Davydenko that he felt really hurt and troubled by those accusations and that he felt happy that the case was done with after all, so I still consider it bad taste to dig it up again, if only in the form of 'satire'.

Henry Chinaski
11-18-2008, 04:20 PM
That's true. But I well remember having seen several statements from Davydenko that he felt really hurt and troubled by those accusations and that he felt happy that the case was done with after all, so I still consider it bad taste to dig it up again, if only in the form of 'satire'.

the gambling accustaions?

huh? they're not mentioned at all in the article. not once.

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 04:26 PM

You know i'll never re-consider in my thoughts and also another "nadal doping thread" won't hurt me at all... you can go on and on and on making tons of those threads if it helps any!!! ;)

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM

I agree that ATP wasn't being nice to kolya in this article...that's not good from a governing body to joke with a player,,, but it doesn't mean that he's innocent!

JolánGagó
11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
I agree that ATP wasn't being nice to kolya in this article...that's not good from a governing body to joke with a player,,, but it doesn't mean that he's innocent!

What part of c-l-e-a-r-e-d you don't understand?

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 04:57 PM
What part of c-l-e-a-r-e-d you don't understand?

I understand it very well mate,something i can't understand is why he was even accused of match-fixing? well if he was accused for doping,it's understandable that a player's attitude on the court would make people suspicious...but match-fixing is not acceptable!

anyway that's in the past and there's also no doubt he's now been cleared of all those allegations...so these arguements are of no use...:confused:

oranges
11-18-2008, 05:02 PM
You know i'll never re-consider in my thoughts and also another "nadal doping thread" won't hurt me at all... you can go on and on and on making tons of those threads if it helps any!!! ;)

And you can go on and on with your accusations and it won't make them any more credible than the ones you dismiss. In fact, Davydenko has at least been investigated and cleared, so those are even less credible. Can you be any more biased as it suits you?

mashamaniac
11-18-2008, 05:07 PM
C'mon this is the first time ever i'm accusing davydenko of match-fixing in the history of MTF!!! :rolleyes:

oranges
11-18-2008, 05:16 PM
^^ What does it matter how many times you mention it, you insist on it with such conviction as if you're Davy yourself or you have supernatural abilities, remote viewing or something. Since I'm sure neither is the case, applying different reasoning as it suits you is an example of bias. What's unclear? The player you don't care for is certainly guilty even if cleared becuase why would he be accused in the first place, but in case of your favorite player, the accusations are certainly unfounded. :shrug: