Any chance to have in players forum just about Argentina's players? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Any chance to have in players forum just about Argentina's players?

kai.
11-14-2008, 12:41 AM
I think than the players of argentina should have their sub foro and no share in "chicos latinos".
they are so much and there are a lot of them and should we a reason ..
no?

well :wavey:

Baghdatis#1
11-14-2008, 10:32 PM
definetely. i think that you have to request it in the next update. im voting for it though. also, vote for the hellenic forum.

HuaTuo
11-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Calleri after retirement:lol:

GustavoM_Fan
11-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Cacho deserve own subforum :worship: all the best of his work can be posted there

kai.
11-21-2008, 11:07 PM
there are a lot than deserve a their own "space"
calleri, marcaccio, shcwank, vassallo :)

Neely
11-21-2008, 11:41 PM
To abolish or restructure the "Chico Latinos" subcategory was already discussed a little bit about two years ago, but only like four or five people joined in this discussion, and some wanted it to change, others wanted to keep the current structure. Thus no decision could be made.

I see two main possibilities. You can go to the Nalbandian forum by clicking...

(1) Player forums --> Argentina --> Nalbandian
(2) Player forums --> Chicos Latinos (or any other name) --> Argentina --> Nalbandian

The first possibility would mean that minor threads about Horna or a player from Paraguay, for example, would need to go to "The rest of the world" because there would not be a player forum for every little country in South America.

The second possibility would structure it by the main countries, but it would add another instance of subforums and thus more "treeing".

Jelena
11-22-2008, 10:05 AM
And to put the other Latinos in the "Rest of the World" would be stupid. There are far too many to do that. I'd like to keep it the way it is now. Maybe it would be discussion-worthy to add new forums for other Latino players, but I hope everybody knows how this is to be done.

Action Jackson
11-22-2008, 01:23 PM
No, I am happy with how it is.

Getta
11-22-2008, 02:45 PM
I can concur with Jelena's and George's sentiments.

martine2
11-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Why change it. It's fine like it is now with all South Americans together.

vmbf
11-24-2008, 06:00 PM
I think that Brazil also should have a own subforum. We have plenty of players too, like Marcelo Melo, Andre Sa, Bruno Soares, Thomaz Bellucci, Marcos Daniel (the King of Colombia), Flavio Saretta, Franco Ferreiro, Ricardo Mello, Ricardo Hocevar, Joao Souza, and others. Fernando Meligeni and Jaime Oncins every time play senior tournaments around the world, mainly the GPs of BlackRock Tour of Champions. And we can never forget the big star Gustavo Kuerten, three time the champion of Roland Garros, the champion of Tennis Masters Cup 2000, and the last South American player that was the number 1 in ATP ranking. Henrique Cunha and Jose Pereira Junior, for example, were Top5 in U18 ATP Rankings this year.

You can consider too that we have a lot of Brazilians in MTF.

So, in my opinion, apart from Argentina, Brazil also should have a own subforum.

Snoo Foo
11-24-2008, 06:03 PM
Whatever you do please don't send Lucho to "The Rest of the World." :tears:

Getta
11-24-2008, 06:30 PM
Whatever you do please don't send Lucho to "The Rest of the World." :tears:

That would be tragic if it happens. :fiery:

Neely
11-25-2008, 04:26 PM
So far, I counted 4-1 in favor of keeping it as it is.

Seems to be a sporadic suggestion to make the European and South American forums equal and that the very most of the other users can like it as it is.

mechi
11-30-2008, 04:55 AM
I think that kai is right. In MTF Each country have his forum divided into sub-forums with his tennis player. " Chicos Latinos" also deserves the same, Argentina, Brazil, Peru, Uruguay, Colombia, and so on.

Jelena
11-30-2008, 07:20 AM
But that would mean zillions of new link trees, which add a new "stop". I think that is unnecessary. And as Neely explained that would send players like Lucho Horna or Pablo Cuevas into the "Rest of the World". Keep it as it is now, and you know "Cuevas is a Latino, as is Bellucci or Junqueira, so all three are in the same forum." That would be much less complicated.

kai.
12-03-2008, 06:27 PM
i dont understand,
most of that topics are about argie players.
and is so dificult find a topic of other latin player beacuse there are all the argie one.

i think than the better choice to not move lucho to the rest of the world is

"(2) Player forums --> Chicos Latinos (or any other name) --> Argentina --> Nalbandian "

Denaon
12-03-2008, 06:55 PM
i dont understand,
most of that topics are about argie players.
and is so dificult find a topic of other latin player beacuse there are all the argie one.

i think than the better choice to not move lucho to the rest of the world is

"(2) Player forums --> Chicos Latinos (or any other name) --> Argentina --> Nalbandian "

In fact the forum is not presented in the index page as Chicos Latinos but as South America instead.

Evidence A :p

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/SthAmerica.PNG

So to make a new child forum in South America / Chicos Latinos as Argentina (and move all argies there), is perfectly doable. :yeah:
That way Chile, Brasil or any other country in South America could have their own forum if needed or wanted.

Now what you need is consensus in this issue ;)

mgorganchian
01-05-2009, 12:17 AM
I think Argentina deserves to have its own forum considering that we have 104 ranked players with 10 players top 100 (3rd country after Spain and France with more top 100).
We also have with France the most amount of players between ranking 100-200 and in the last 6 years we always had 1 or more Top 10.

You can see that there are other countries like Slovakia without a top 100 or Belgium, Sweden, Romania that have a separate forum with only 1 player top 100... this doesn't make too much sense to me.

I am not planning to confront I think every country deserves it place...

Baghdatis#1
01-05-2009, 12:44 AM
Yes. I think so too. I'm not saying that the Hellenic forum players are the best, but with all due respect, I do believe if Belgium and Slovakia have forums, we should get one too. All together, there are 16 current ranked players that we have to talk about. Slovakia and Belgium may have more ranked players than just 16, maybe not, but I'm telling you right now Slovakia has no one in the top100 and out of Hellenics, we have Baghdatis. Anyways, to stick to the topic here, if the Hellenics deserve a forum(which I believe), Argentina definetely deserves one. They have both quality players(Nalbandian, Del Potro, etc.)and quantity(104 ranked players).

Neely
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Of course Argentina would deserve it, but I think that many people would like to keep it as it is at the moment. See the discussion above with the possibilities.