°° Introduce Yourself °° (for Simontards only) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

°° Introduce Yourself °° (for Simontards only)

Pages : [1] 2 3

tedlesurfeur
11-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Here you can introduce yourself briefly (or not :lol: )

Hello, I'm ted.

I've been supporting Poussin for two years now, even if I got to know his name in 2006. Only one player is dearer to me, but he's been a ghost for many months now, so you might have forgotten him.

As you can see, I support many ATP players, but also WTA players, and the one I support most has been a ghost for several months now :rolleyes: go figure.

I'm an English teacher, I've lived in the states, but I'm slightly beginning to forget it all, so please pardon me, native speakers, for my mistakes :devil:

I've begun playing tennis at age 6 but I stopped when a teenager. I resumed playing in my early twenties (I'm 26). One more position in my ranking, and I'll be able to play tennis teachers because we'll be in the same draws. I know a little about technique, tactics and mental strength, but not too much :lol:

I help Fran with the translations, like once or twice a semester :lol:

My MTF brother is Raffaele (Gambit) so don't hesitate to diss him, for my personal pleasure :lol:

PS: I also manage a game :lol: (see my signature) wich is a simulation of the ATP and WTA tour :lol: It's based on players answering quizzes, creating articles, getting ranked, bettering their rankings, and so on.. :lol:
If ever you're interested in playing next season (2009) don't hesitate to ask me :p

Truc
11-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Françoise ("Fran" on MTF), I'm French, but I live in Berlin.

I might sound like a teenager on MTF, but I'm actually 38 years old.

I'm a freelance translator - not for English, but I'm obviously conditioned by my job and I spam the French forums on MTF and the Gilles Simon forum in particular with translations of articles.

I've been following tennis since I'm a kid, my obsession with tennis started with Borg already. I used to play, but I don't anymore. I was really, really bad anyway. I haven't much clue of technique, tactics, etc. I love tennis for the psychological aspect mainly.

I had noticed Gilles some time ago already, but mostly for his looks, his intriguing character and things like "I don't like football, I don't care" in Hamburg in 2006 since I never got to see him play!
The first time I saw a full match of him was in Marseille 2007 - and I've been a big fan since then. I like both his game and his personality, which is not so common.

My other favourite players are Guillermo Coria, Philipp Petzschner, Andy Murray, Adrian Mannarino (a new entrance)... I'm also actively supporting Monfils, not for his game, but because I love the guy. Mathieu Montcourt for the fun, I couldn't give any reason for that one! Jérémy Chardy. Etc. Etc.

Puschkin
11-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I am Puschkin, a Russian poet, and I have been a long time supporter of Evgenij Kafelnikov and Marat Safin. But my first "love" in tennis was Miloslav Mecir.

Behind this pseudo is a middle-aged Austrian woman, living in Vienna and adoring tennis. I play myself but on a poor level, as I started only as an adult. However, I am arrogant enough to praise myself of understanding the game: I do know the difference between an easy and a tough volley.

It was Fran who drew my attention to Gilles, and I watched him carefully in person in Monte Carlo and Vienna this year. Not the greatest choices to admire his brilliance. ;) I still am not crazy about his game, but I do like his interviews (the comment about football was pure :worship:) and personality, as we can see it. Having said that, I am not really a Simontard, as another Frenchman occupies my heart and of course there is the great Roger, too. But I have a lot of sympathy for him and I hope this is enough to be occasionally welcome on this board.

VolandriFan
11-13-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm Paolo, Australian and nineteen years old. I'm currently working at a cosmetics store part-time, and pretty much enjoying life right now. You could say that I am not a very motivated or driven person, which is probably why I haven't sought a higher education as of yet.

In general I'm a kind-hearted guy, can't stand discrimination of any type and I find it very easy to become a fan of tennis players- as you can probably tell from my signature, which changes a lot (and I'm ever so slightly pervy :lol: )! Strangely enough, I usually start supporting players when they're in a slump. :o

I'm an arty man (not in a camp way ;)), so when I have time I like to play my guitar, paint or do some sketches. I might not be the best at any of these things, but they keep me happy.

rtgy
11-13-2008, 10:38 AM
i'm Yavor. / from Bulgaria /
there is nothing special about me. i love history, policy, sport ect...
my hobbies are studying ancient egyptian history, also history of imperial rome and vatican history/ but i'm not religious /. in total contrary of Gilles i adore football and i'm huge fan of Schalke 04 and AFC Ajax (Amsterdam). i'm also crazy about F1 and my favorite pilot is Kimi Raikkonen.
i've never play tennis in my life but i've always likes it. my first favorite tennis player was Thomas Muster, then Thomas Enqvist, Paul-Henri Mathieu , and Fed also. now i favor Nole and Muzza too.
about Gillou i must say that before this season i've never even heard of him at all!
i remember that i was totally shocked when i heard that Fed lost his match in 2nd round in Toronto to some frenchman that commentator on tv doesn't even remember his name. i was furious but decide to see who is that guy and i watch him first against Acasuso. what happened next was a fairy tale story.:lol: as i said to Fran that was "love at first sight":rolls:/my g.f. said that i'm more interesting on Gilles than on her :lol:, but she doing this all the time just to irritates me /
i think that in total contrary of everyone i must said that i adores his game indeed! but above all i like his character, his personality. the simple fact that he fights to the end and never wanted to give up!
sometimes i was even scared how much similar our charecters are. i don't know why but in that match against Chucho i feel just like i know this guy for all my life, although i've seeing him there in Toronto for the fist time. honestly i don't have any logical explanation for that indeed.(that remains mystery to me)
i hope that one day i should have pleasure to take an autograph from him - if that happens it will be awesome!
thanx, that's from me........:hug:

Elena.
11-13-2008, 11:17 AM
I am 37,tennis has always been my fav sport,fav players are Sampras and McEnroe .
For some years I stopped following tennis,it's since the Wimbledon 08 final that I am back full time .
I first saw Gilles in Toronto :I value personality and grit in players a lot maybe even more than technique ,I guess that's why I like Gilles .
That's it for now :wavey:

gambit84
11-13-2008, 12:08 PM
hu hu

I'm reading :smoke:

rexeh
11-13-2008, 11:09 PM
hello

i'm jodie and whilst i've been watching the forum for a while, it wasn't until gilles defeated fed earlier in the week that i was inspired to post.

i'm australian and i've loved tennis since... i can't remember when. i've had various faves - goran, sampras (early days, before he was boring) and then took a step away from tennis until i saw lleyton win his first ever ATP title in Adelaide way back when. not that lleyton inspires me at all, but i remembered why i liked the game so much.

gilles inspired the working title to my now four month old bubby. before i knew she was a she, she was gilles pierre jean-claude. after, she was charlotte until she was born :) i love the contrast between the apparent casualness of gilles' game compared to the passion he displays when playing both good and bad and it warms the cockles of my heart that he's doing so well at the moment. i must admit to being a fan of quite a few of the current french youngsters - gasquet, monfils and jo - but that said, gasquet can also annoy the bejesus out of me by not staying IN matches mentally. i'm also a big fan of nadal and murray (gotta love that he's such a brat) not so much a fan of the wta as i don't believe the players up the top are really all that good.

i return to work from maternity leave shortly before the aus open starts this year, so i'm unsure if i'm going to be able to wrangle time off for matches, but i'm going to do my best!

MsTree
11-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi I'm Lesley, now in glorious 40 something mode, from Scotland, geology graduate, cat lover and party girl! ;)
Although I've been a tennis fan for over 30 years, I quite often don't have a favourite, and, as in football I want
a - anyone Scottish
b - anyone Russian
c - anyone Czech to win (don't ask me why!!!)

I had noticed Gilles before but it was only when he beat Nadal in Madrid that I really noticed his tennis, and then when I found myself cheering him against my beloved Andy in the final I knew things were serious.
I love playing tennis and have a decent serve but don't often get the chance to play - northern Scotland not quite having the ideal climate for outdoor tennis!
ATM I am working on a Gilles website (lol proper fangirl now!) and waiting for his last RR Masters Cup match to start. Its all good! :devil:

*MJP*
11-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi guys :wavey:
Although i havnt posted on this forum before i thought it would be nice to introduce myself on this thread. Hope u guys dont mind. Ive been hanging around the MTF a lot longer then i have been a member for, so i guess you can say im familiar with this forum. Just know that im always watching! Haha! :rocker2:
Im Australian, 21 years old and have almost finished my nursing degree, so i havnt been able to visit this forum much in the past few weeks, what with exams and all. I have been following Gilles progress closely this year and have been absolutely blown away by this remarkable season. :worship: I generally like all of the frenchies as well as other players, namely those in my signature. The first tennis player that i really loved to watch was Justine Henin. Since her retirement i no longer follow the WTA as there is no one that i really like.

As a tennis player myself, i suck! Im probably the most uncoordinated person to ever step foot on a tennis court - hence why its rare to see me do so. But i absolutely love watching tennis. January is my favourite time of year as its the Australian tennis season!
I did french in my final school exams, but im a bit rusty now and hope to be able to spend more time reading & translating the french articles that get posted here once i finish my degree.
Looking forward to being able to contribute here more when i get the free time. :dance:

Jozie
11-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Hiya,

I'm Joanne. Recently turned 40. I started playing tennis at school, and now I only play socially at weekends with my family and friends. I have been a tennis fan since the days of Edberg, Wilander and Borg. Only last year did I manage to get to go and watch my first GS live, the Aus Open, a dream come true for me.

I first took note of Gilles when he was selected as the 5th player for the French DC team this year when he travelled to Romania. At the time he was selected, I remember thinking that soon he may become a permanent fixture in the French team, and I am certain this will now be the case. I really cannot stand that he is being called a 'pusher' by some MTF fans. I think he is an exceptionally intelligent player, and his ability to never give up just blows me away (wish my fav player had some of the same mentality sometimes).

My current favourite players are Gasquet, Simon, Verdasco, Safin, Nadal, Nalbandian, Bolelli, Anderson and Tsonga.

Cindy19
11-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Xin Yue Here, from Shanghai (yes i did meet Simon in Shanghai this year), i am going on 25,(tomrrow i will be 25) haha ;)
actually, i didnt know much about Simon before I met him in hilton. I wasnt sure was that him, I was having cafe with my friends at the lobby of Hilton, until his coach came up to me, he wanted to borrow the chair haha. then, it happened like this:
Coach:Can i borrow the chair?
Me:Excuese me, is that Simon?
Coach:Yes, Simon!
Me: woooo OMG, Can i have a pic with him?
Coach:No, can i borrow the chair?
Me:of course, NO!~
Coach: haha joking, of course you can have a pic with him.

Simon was a shy guy, but soooo sweet. after that, i didnt miss his matchs in Shanghai =) Now, becoming a "Simon fan" =)

Cindy19
11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Xin Yue Here, from Shanghai (yes i did meet Simon in Shanghai this year), i am going on 25,(tomrrow i will be 25) haha ;)
actually, i didnt know much about Simon before I met him in hilton. I wasnt sure was that him, I was having cafe with my friends at the lobby of Hilton, until his coach came up to me, he wanted to borrow the chair haha. then, it happened like this:
Coach:Can i borrow the chair?
Me:Excuese me, is that Simon?
Coach:Yes, Simon!
Me: woooo OMG, Can i have a pic with him?
Coach:No, can i borrow the chair?
Me:of course, NO!~
Coach: haha joking, of course you can have a pic with him.

Simon was a shy guy, but soooo sweet. after that, i didnt miss his matchs in Shanghai =) Now, becoming a "Simon fan" =)

gambit84
11-15-2008, 10:39 PM
so many news Simontards :eek:

don't forget to join the facebook group :dance:

gambit84
11-15-2008, 11:39 PM
here we are...

Hi guys, I'm Raffaele but almost everyone here call me Raf or Rafito while in real world I'm Rafa for foreign friends and Lele for my italian friends, so many nicknames...I really have doubts someone is calling me almost every time.

I'm 24 yo and I'm med student. I came from Naples, south Italy but atm I live in Prague because I won a scholarship and so I'm attending my last year of medicine here, hopefully to can graduate at the end of this academic year. Life in Prague is very interesting and especially very different from my former Italian lifestyle. I passed from sweetheart nerd to partyboy while now I'm enjoying a totally different way of life again, globetrottering Europe, spending few money, visiting places, exploring new cultures and points of view, eating when is possible and obviously...very bad :p It's normal, just the life of the students aboard:devil: and I forgot to say before coming here I was almost abstemious, now is a getting drunk party every night :devil:
Even if at first look I could seem very easygoing (and maybe for so many aspects I'm so) deeply I'm shy and few people, close friends of mine, really know how I am, what I think and they are the only one who really know if something bad happens in my life because I usually love talking about the beauty of life, sharing only the good things are happening to me with the persons around
I have serious problems with my tendency to become addicted to too many things :lol: one of my best friends (who also Teddie knows because he plays his online game) always says I have the power to make "sick" every thing I start to appreciate :angel: Love tennis, of course, cinema, music (jazz and soul), drawing and playing my piano (both things very bad but they are just hobbies), take pics (especially about myself with my friends during our trips :p )and writing. Like almost every italian I'm also a shopaholic and I love being well dressed, even if I really dislike the metrosexual style, prefer the golf/sailing style :p
like you can easily recognize reading this loquacious profile I'm really selfcentred...and also a little bit vain :angel: but self ironic as well, I'm really the first who laugh at my selfcentredness :lol:

Started to post on this board because I really wanted to improve my crappy english, now is bad as well but not so ridiculous while If I read my first posts :lol: omg :lol:
I'm good friend of Teddie especially, and I have thank him because he's not only a friend of mine but also my english teacher :lol: and he really loves suggest me the right way of saying when I'm wrong (often) :p I know also Frannie, our leader here, and Jai, from Pauloland, a really nice girl, some Djokotards too that was the first place where I started to write even if now is not the same of the beginning and some posters from some chatthreads

In tennis usually I love the backhand, especially the doublehanded bh, maybe because of the harmony between the two hands during the movement, it makes me totally charmed. In fact my favorite are the two I think have the best dh backhand, David Nalbandian and Maria Sharapova, I like the energy the can impress in those shots. I'm a big fan also of Elena Dementieva, Paulo, Misha and Coria.

For sure a very very special (and big) place in my heart is for Gillou, I'm a prude supporter of him since the beginning, in fact in italian forums people laughed at me when three years agoo I said he was very strong and talented :p now they have to apologize. I love his ability to paint the court, his geometries and also the purity of his shots. Very special and personal tennis, and he seems also a nice person, always a good point to add!

Today he lost but as always he fought on court, with heart and incredible shots. only our Simontards at the beginning of the year believed in him, now he really deserves a very long holyday but, for sure we'll wait for him the next year ready to cheer always for our little poussin

c'mon Gillou, you rock :rocker2:

anaquot
11-16-2008, 01:29 AM
Hello Everybody,
Just this last spring I caught the French Open on television (I was housesitting with a litter of puppies who woke me up at 4am, and behold! Roland Garros!) I was pulled in watching Rafa and Dinara Safina and haven't stopped watching since. The last match I remember watching was Guga winning his first French Open! It even motivated me to get on the court and brush up on my skills (if you can call them that :p ).

My taste in tennis players is about as varied as my taste in music (which is all over the place, people give me weird looks when they see my CD rack). Obviously Gilles is tops at the moment and isn't likely to go anywhere based on what I've seen so far, I could watch him hit his bh for hours, especially when he jumps into it, but Guga will always be my number one (it is the smile, heart and soul :angel:) I love Rafa and Dinara for their inner fire and work ethics, McEnroe and Safin for their insane tempers and extra large personalities, Venus is my favorite Williams :p. I also pay attention to Andreev, Kolya, Kuznetsova, Lopez, Srebotnik, Dechy, Robredo, Jo and Tursonov. I would love to see more of Stephanie Dubois and Gasquet makes me think of Jane Austen novels for some reason:scratch:

Besides tennis I am preoccupied with: human rights, sustainable living, languages, etymology, music, reading, films, my dog Shams and eventually living in northeastern Spain/southwestern France.

Can I also just say again how much I love visiting this message board...all personality...no ego :worship::yeah:

Scotso
11-16-2008, 12:14 PM
I generally avoid threads like these because, undoubtedly, whatever I say about myself here today will be all lies by tomorrow.

Here are some things about me likely not to change:

My name is Scott. I was born in Philadelphia and grew up in Virginia, USA, where I still live. I am an uber-Simontard. I have no filter between my small brain and my big mouth.

tedlesurfeur
11-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I have no filter between my small brain and my big mouth.

confirmed :p

rtgy
11-16-2008, 01:43 PM
confirmed :p

:lol:

ha ha............why do i so sure that sweet Teddie will not miss such a good opportunity like this one..........to confim :ras: the things in the way they are!:haha:

rtgy
11-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I am an uber-Simontard.

:worship:

now that's something i'll not miss to confirm!!!

but-it's-ok
11-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi I'm Di, I'm very shy:lol:

I've been following Gilles all of this year but only recently started posting in his forum. I have a few learning disabilities so I'll probably be a never ending Law Student:lol: I work for Citizens Advice Bureaux as an Administrator 2 days a week. I am also a big fan of Ernests Gulbis and Dmitry Tursunov(among others). I enjoy karaoke, walking, and 80s music. I also like to fund raise for charities especially Guide Dogs for the Blind, and ASBAH (Association of Spina Bifida and Hydrocephalus)

I am trying to learn French,German and Latvian:lol:

I'm too:o about my age:lol:
:wavey:

tedlesurfeur
11-16-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi I'm Di, I'm very shy:lol:

You also have a good sense of humour

... because, to me, you are *not* shy at all :lol:

tedlesurfeur
11-16-2008, 06:44 PM

ha ha............why do i so sure that sweet Teddie will not miss such a good opportunity like this one..........to confim :ras: the things in the way they are!:haha:

Well, *sweet Teddie* (as you seem to call me :p )likes to be this way with people he likes... I keep on teasing people I like :p

Now, Yavor, I'm asking you a question everybody wants to ask :lol: Why do you keep on writing in blue ? :lol:

rtgy
11-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Well, *sweet Teddie* (as you seem to call me :p )likes to be this way with people he likes... I keep on teasing people I like :p

Now, Yavor, I'm asking you a question everybody wants to ask :lol: Why do you keep on writing in blue ? :lol:

:ras:

well in this case i hope that u don't like me :lol:

:scratch:who said that i'm writing in blue - is that blue? :haha:

anaquot
11-16-2008, 08:25 PM
I enjoy karaoke, walking, and 80s music.

Di, what is your favorite 80's song to sing to? I'm not shy, just take myself too seriously to sing karaoke (and other people's ears). I love love love A-Ha Take on Me and Journey Don't Stop Believing. :rocker2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1zsUIosoA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMWXyEHoN88

If I didn't mention it before...bit of a dork as well:lol:

but-it's-ok
11-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Hi Autumn:wavey:

To be honest I don't have a favourite 80s song to sing to, I couldn't pick one out, it would be so unfair. That decade just had so many fantastic songs:worship: The most popular group whose songs I pick out would be Abba, A-Ha, Bananarama etc.

I find 10cc songs great to sing(although they're 70s), I love all their songs especially 'Life is a Minestrone', the lyrics are really clever and funny:lol: I love to sing because it helps me release stress and anxiety;) I suppose I would say I'm not the worst singer in the world, simply because I've never had neighbours complaining:lol:...yet!!!

Here's the song I like the most;)
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f7u6JaOR6kk

reggie1
11-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Hello my name is Vicky and I am in my thirties. I became a fan of Gille after following his matches throughout the summer and love his style of play. I admire his skill and tenacity and the way that he proves that you don't have to be built like robocop to be a decent tennis player. I think he will be an inspiration to a lot of kids, especially the smaller ones!
I love his interviews, his humour and his integrity. When asked why he didn't go to the infamous strip club in Romania with Richard and Jo after their DC match, he replied that he wouldn't go somewhere like that without his girlfriend. What a love!
I must admit, my tennis heart primarliy belongs to another Frenchman, (I am a Gasquetaire like Puschkin) but I like Gille very much, along with Jo and Paul Henri so hope I will be welcome here too.

rtgy
11-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Hello my name is Vicky and I am in my thirties.................

so hope I will be welcome here too.

u're most welcome here Vicky..............:hug:

feel like home here in Gilles own sanctuary.......:smooch:

Olympus
11-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow, so many long profiles. :sobbing: I don't know if i can match everyone in length, but i'll try. :p

My name's David. I was born in Hong Kong, i moved to Sydney, Australia when i was 3 years old, absolutely love it here. There's a sense of laid-backness here you wouldn't find anywhere else. Sydney is also very edgy, it's as edgy as you can get without taking your clothes off.

I just graduated from high school (:woohoo:) and currently working 2 part time jobs before uni starts next year in March. Don't ask me what i'm going to study cos i don't know either, i'll decide by end of December hopefully :angel:

Hmmm, hobbies include music, i'm a classical musician and play clarinet, flute and piccolo. I used to play the piano, but i hated it, so i stopped, and boy do i regret that now.

My absolute favourite place in the world is the airport terminal, it's a nice escape from the harshness of reality sometimes....

My favourite tennis player is obviously Gilles, other tennis players include...come to think of it, i don't have many other favourite players. :lol: Ok, maybe Kohli. On the women's side, my favourite players are Mauresmo and Schnyder.

Oh, i'm also gay, but i hope that's not the most interesting thing about me. :angel:

P.S Forgive my use of paragraphs, i get very anal about starting a new paragraph for every point. :p

rtgy
11-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow, so many long profiles. :sobbing: I don't know if i can match everyone in length, but i'll try. :p

My name's David.

My absolute favourite place in the world is the airport terminal.........

:lol: that's sweet..................welcome around Dave :hug:

gambit84
11-26-2008, 05:29 PM
welcome Dave, nice to meet you :p

I love airports and I agree with you, when you sit down just in the right side to can see through the mirrors of the first floor the sun rises and all the things around you make progressively bright something really special happens and for a little big moment you can feel part of a big white world

Hi to Vicky also :wavey:

but-it's-ok
11-26-2008, 07:13 PM
Welcome David and Vicky:wavey:

anaquot
11-27-2008, 04:28 AM
Raf, David, absolutely agree with the airport thing

Olympus
11-27-2008, 12:32 PM
:lol: that's sweet..................welcome around Dave :hug:

Hehe, thanks. :p

welcome Dave, nice to meet you :p

I love airports and I agree with you, when you sit down just in the right side to can see through the mirrors of the first floor the sun rises and all the things around you make progressively bright something really special happens and for a little big moment you can feel part of a big white world

Hi to Vicky also :wavey:

Lol Raffie, commas are you friend. :lol: (only kidding :p)

But thanks. :hug:

Welcome David and Vicky:wavey:

Thank you :hug:

Raf, David, absolutely agree with the airport thing

Airports are awesome :rocker2: Especially Hong Kong International Aiport. :hearts:

but-it's-ok
11-27-2008, 07:17 PM
Dave:wavey: My favourite airport is Singapore, Changi Airport:hearts: I couldn't stop for the shopping, only had 2 hours to board my onward flight to Perth, Western Australia:inlove: I shopped at Changi long enough to find a tennis mag:lol:

To seriously shop at Changi Airport you need 2 days:lol:

Commas are my friend too:lol:;)

Guille.
12-04-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi guys:wavey:

im new in Gilles thread:)

my name's William.

tedlesurfeur
12-04-2008, 04:43 PM

but-it's-ok
12-04-2008, 09:29 PM
:wavey: Hi and welcome William.

rtgy
12-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Hi guys:wavey:

im new in Gilles thread:)

my name's William.

welcome Will.............:baby: :rocker:

Guille.
12-04-2008, 10:39 PM
Hi:wavey:

but-it's-ok
12-05-2008, 07:27 PM
William,you can call me Di;)

Guille.
12-06-2008, 09:32 AM
cool:)

so hi Di:p

Olympus
12-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Can we post pics too? :p

rtgy
12-07-2008, 01:41 PM
Can we post pics too? :p

you mean your own pics? why not..............be creative ;)

Olympus
12-07-2008, 02:19 PM
you mean your own pics? why not..............be creative ;)

i was hoping someone else would post a pic before me, since i'm a such a nervous boy. :p

MsTree
12-07-2008, 02:36 PM
Don't worry David, somebody else did :devil:
Probably best to remain relatively anonymous though, retain an air of mystery :angel: and you never know what nutters might be lurking :devil:

anaquot
12-07-2008, 02:40 PM
We can stick to baby pictures to be safe :lol: Then we'll all recognize each other at our best :angel:

Olympus
12-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Probably best to remain relatively anonymous though, retain an air of mystery :angel: and you never know what nutters might be lurking :devil:

That's ok, i'm used to nutters stalking me. :p

Moi on the right. Hope it's creative enough. :rolls:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v378/4/58/635024807/n635024807_1648738_9734.jpg

rtgy
12-07-2008, 03:30 PM

:scratch:
I have no idea what you talking about....................:angel:

rtgy
12-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Moi on the right. Hope it's creative enough. :rolls:

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v378/4/58/635024807/n635024807_1648738_9734.jpg

ha ha................close, very close.....................:lick:

:devil:
now that's creativity indeed!!!
(Teddy don't even think to say anything....:lol:)

tedlesurfeur
12-07-2008, 06:28 PM
not saying anything :tape: :lol:

rtgy
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
not saying anything :tape: :lol:

rawalya
12-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone :D

i'm rawalya, age 25, i'm new to the board and have just become Gilles' fan
since he beat Nadal in Madrid, really impressive match!!

rtgy
12-24-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi everyone :D

i'm rawalya, age 25, i'm new to the board and have just become Gilles' fan
since he beat Nadal in Madrid, really impressive match!!

hi rawalya :wavey:

welcome around :hug:

is that your real name or just a nick?

I'm Yavor

rtgy
12-24-2008, 02:46 PM
btw, I love your ava................... :worship:

gambit84
12-24-2008, 03:52 PM
yavor loves everything :rolls:

btw guys for who is not member yet I remember you to join the fc :angel:
click :angel: (http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#/group.php?gid=16977205333&ref=ts)

rawalya
12-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Hi Yavor :D
rawalya is a short part of my real(n hard to pronounce) name, you can call me using this name ;)

i love my avator too, at the first time i saw Gillou with that fake mustache and beard,
i almost couldnt stop laughing, but he looked sooooooo cute!!! the most gorgeous Santa i've ever seen!! :p

PS. gambit84 :D , sadly i dont have an account at facebook, i'll be creating one soon and join the club

rtgy
12-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Hi Yavor :D
rawalya is a short part of my real(n hard to pronounce) name, you can call me using this name ;)

ok :yeah:

i love my avator too, at the first time i saw Gillou with that fake mustache and beard,
i almost couldnt stop laughing, but he looked sooooooo cute!!! the most gorgeous Santa i've ever seen!! :p

rtgy
12-24-2008, 06:42 PM
yavor loves everything :rolls:

well let's not forget how Les (a.k.a Messi) used to call me:

"lovie dovie Yavor".......................... :rocker2: :rocker:

:rolls:

Eimear O'Mahony
01-15-2009, 01:47 PM
Hi guys just thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Eimear and I'm 25 from the Republic of Ireland. I've been into tennis for years and years. I mainly follow British players such as Tim Henman and Andy Murray but towards the end of last season I became interested in watching Gilles Simon, which is what lead me here! I love his never-say-die attitude, his determination and his style of tennis. Of course the fact that he's cute helps a lot! I hope to make a few friends on this forum and engage in some tennis chat about Gilles and other players so feel free to send me a message

turtle-rn
01-15-2009, 04:10 PM
Welcome aboard Eimear! :wavey:

wow. Your first post ever on MTF, almost five years after you registered! I would safely bet you're the patient type of person. :]

Brownie
01-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi Eimear:wavey:

but-it's-ok
01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Welcome Eimear:wavey:

I'm Di;) Have fun here:hug: Glad you chose here to make your 1st post after being registered for almost 5 years;)

Eimear O'Mahony
01-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Hi guys. Thanks a million for the warm welcome I received. I know it seems weird not posting for five years but I actually completely forgot I'd registered!!! It was only when I went to set up a new account and it told me my e-mail address was already registered that I remembered!!! (No I'm not blonde by the way hah hah!!!) I'm grateful for the welcome and I'm looking forward to trawling through the forums finding out as much about Gilles as I can and hopefully a bit of light-hearted tennis banter

MsTree
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Eimear :wavey:
I was similar to you in that I'd been registered for years and only made about 10 posts until I started posting in here! Being a Gillou fan turns you into a chatterbox like him ..... ;)
I'm Lesley btw:)

Eimear O'Mahony
01-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Nice to meet you Alli and Lesley. From your description of the board Alli I have a feeling it's going to fit right in with my personality hah hah!!! I like your avatar Alli. How do I change my avatar to one of Gilles? Where does the nickname Gillou come from btw? I know his nickname is Poussin or something like that but I'd never heard of Gillou until I joined up here. I'm probably going off topic here so if I need to be on another thread discussing stuff I'd be grateful if someone pointed me in the right direction. Right now most of my time is being spent in the pictures thread drooling over the pictures!!!

Truc
01-17-2009, 09:01 AM
Welcome around, Eimear!
"Gilou"/"Gillou" is a common nickname for Gilles indeed, I don't think there is a particular reason.
The others really call him that way, afaik. I doubt anybody is calling him Poussin - just to poke fun at him, maybe. Gaël calls him "La Sim" too (like La Monf and La Tsong), but that might be just Gaël. "Gilou" is his common nickname imo, like Ritchie and Jojo.

Eimear O'Mahony
01-17-2009, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your reply Truc and Alli. It make sense that Gillou is just a nickname for Gilles in general. I was half thinking that anyway but it's nice to have it confirmed. Yeah, I know what poussin means (having studied French and lived in France) so I just assumed that was more of a derogatory nickname rather than a friendly one. Thanks for the instructions on how to change my avatar Alli. I'm going to go and do that now!

Keijan
01-18-2009, 02:07 PM
I just discovered this thread ! Since I kind of fell out of nowhere into this forum and forget all the politeness rules by never introducing myself, I'm going to do it quickly ^^

The name is Marion :wavey: I'm 20 and French (pardon my English !), I'm from a little city in Burgundy but I've been following for 3 years studies of Architecture in Paris. I've been playing tennis since I was 4 years old and I used to be a decent junior. I'm playing a lot less these days, but still enjoying it thoroughly.

My favs are the 4 musqueteers but I can't say which one I prefer ;) I dream of seeing them winning the DC together this year, with Noah as the team trainer. I'm also into Nadal (veeeery much), Murray, Mathieu, Ancic, Baghdatis, and a lot of the young Frenchies (Eysseric, Mannarino).

As for Gilles, I've been following him since around one year and a half and couldn't be more delighted after his sudden explosion at the top. I honestly fall for players because of the personnality they're showing, both on and off court, and not that much for their game (basic fangirl, I know), and Gilles is such an exceptionnal character.
Plus I went to Paris Bercy earlier this year and saw him playing doubles with Monfils on court 1 (the one where you can seat first rank behind the line judges, which is basically awesome, you're two feet away from the players :inlove: this is where I took the pic of my avatar by the way).
I love Gaël, but I barely took five seconds to look at him since Gilles was so stunningly handsome :eek::lol: So yeah, that helps too :devil:

So there I am, hi everyone :)

but-it's-ok
01-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Bienvenue Marion:wavey: Enjoy yourself here:hug: I'm Di;)

I wish my French was as good as your English;)

Truc
01-18-2009, 04:48 PM
I thought you were older, Marion!
You even like Mannarino, awesome taste in players.

Keijan
01-18-2009, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome Di :hug: (is it a nickname ? It's very cute ! Where is it from ? :))
Aha, but you don't need French in your everyday life while I do for English !

Do I sound older, Truc ? I believe I was more acting like the teen fangirl I am deep inside :lol: (okay, maybe not that deep)
Actually I turned 20 on the 1st of January so I was 19 when I started posting here ^^

I saw Adrian live against Tursunov in Bercy this year, he got crushed but in a cute way :lol:

Truc
01-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't know why, I figured you were around 30.

"Cute" is the word which comes to mind to describe Adrian on a tennis court indeed!
Let's get ready for another beating against Verdasco...

Kezzi
01-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Well, I used to post, but nowadays I read more :)

Recently discovered this topic, so I'll introduce myself too.

I'm Eliane, 22 and Dutch. I live in the south part of NL, close to Germany and Belgium.
Since September I'm a European law student and in about 6 years I hope to be a lawyer. (Also the reason I don't have time to post a lot :))

Ok, on to Gilles... I've been following him since a few years, guess since Thierry became his coach (love him too, but never actually seen him as a player, he was top 10 in my birth year :p)
I realised I was a fan in 2007 at the Gerry Weber Open. I was watching a first round of Santoro, really small court, so the audience sat on sort of stone stairs. I looked next to me at some point and Gilles just sat right next to me! I didn't notice him sitting down, but when I did, I was so shocked and instantly nervous that I thought I had to be a fan in order to have that reaction :lol: Picture of that was posted here somewhere, at least a topic when there wasn't a forum for Gilles :)
[edit: found the post http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=5528037&postcount=827 ]

My #1 faves are: Arno (& Bruno) Clement, Nico Lapentti and Gilles.
I also was a big fan of Dutchie Fred Hemmes Jr, but he retired for the second time last year, so don't think he's coming back again :(

Oh, almost forgot to say that I don't play tennis myself and also never played. I started watching tennis around 1999 - 2000 and it became more and more and I went to my first tournament in 2003 (Rotterdam). The number of tournaments I visit also became larger, first only in NL, but now also in Germany (Düsseldorf and Halle, sometimes a challenger nearby) and I've been to Marseille last year :D

rtgy
01-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Hi Kezzi :wavey:

gorgeous pic ;)

Kezzi
01-19-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi :bigwave:
And thank you :)
I hope to get a new pic in Rotterdam this year, this one is old :p
But I guess all future pics with me and Gilles will be the 'usual' player-fan-photo taken after training/match... don't think he can casually appear next to me again with his ranking now ;)

rtgy
01-19-2009, 06:57 AM
Hi :bigwave:
And thank you :)
I hope to get a new pic in Rotterdam this year, this one is old :p
But I guess all future pics with me and Gilles will be the 'usual' player-fan-photo taken after training/match... don't think he can casually appear next to me again with his ranking now ;)

no don't worry :hug: Gillou is great character............. he's very down to earth guy and you'll have no fame problems with him at all!!! I'm pretty sure ;)

Kezzi
01-19-2009, 04:36 PM
no don't worry :hug: Gillou is great character............. he's very down to earth guy and you'll have no fame problems with him at all!!! I'm pretty sure ;)
I'm happy that he doesn't have fame problems :D
But I meant that more people will recognize him, when he goes to watch a match on a small court ;) Think the little autograph hunters will be there before he even gets the chance to sit down :p
At least in NL, that's the case. Little kids who go with almost their whole tennisclub to a tournament and make it a competition to get the most autographs. That made Thierry say to me that "he's just a coach" when I asked for a pic a few years ago and was pleasently surprised when I replied that he's not :p These kids ask everyone who slightly looks like a tennisplayer, even dads who carry their kids' rackets around :lol:

but-it's-ok
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Hello Eliane, welcome here:wavey::hug: I'm Di, the other law student Alli refers to;),its my 2nd career,I'm a bit older than most here you see;) I'm going to use my law knowledge to work at a Law Centre,advising people on matters of law,or be a Court Usher, rather than a lawyer;) I work at a Citizens Advice Bureau, I come across people who are affected by Housing or Consumer law, and also Employment Law.

I met Gillou last year in Nottingham,there weren't many people who recognised him:sad: I found him sweet,if rather shy:awww: I don't think bigger fame has changed him one little bit:)

Marion,to answer your question;) My full name is Diane, but I like to be called Di;)

Truc
01-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Nice to know you're still lurking, Kezzi.
But be careful, don't ask him for a pic when he's not "at work" in Rotterdam - unless you want to experience Gilles Simon's glare of doom!
(He says in L'Equipe today he hates that, in case you've not read the article.)

Kezzi
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I was just reading it... I think I can take the glare of doom ;) I dare to talk to the Clements after a lost match and they're still nice, so I guess it can't be that bad with Gilles :lol:

And I'm trying to post more again :D Next period is not so busy anymore, next week is the last week of this one, 3 tests and then the most boring and difficult subject is over :p (Roman law in European History, bleh!)

rtgy
01-20-2009, 05:09 PM
I was just reading it... I think I can take the glare of doom ;) I dare to talk to the Clements after a lost match and they're still nice, so I guess it can't be that bad with Gilles :lol:

And I'm trying to post more again :D Next period is not so busy anymore, next week is the last week of this one, 3 tests and then the most boring and difficult subject is over :p (Roman law in European History, bleh!)

wow.............Roman low in European History :rocker2: :worship:

I'm happy that he doesn't have fame problems :D
But I meant that more people will recognize him, when he goes to watch a match on a small court ;) Think the little autograph hunters will be there before he even gets the chance to sit down :p
At least in NL, that's the case. Little kids who go with almost their whole tennisclub to a tournament and make it a competition to get the most autographs. That made Thierry say to me that "he's just a coach" when I asked for a pic a few years ago and was pleasently surprised when I replied that he's not :p These kids ask everyone who slightly looks like a tennisplayer, even dads who carry their kids' rackets around :lol:

Jess22
01-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Hey Im Jess this is my first post, been looking around the forum for a few weeks now only just got my account activated :] Im 18 and currently studying International management at uni. I've always been a bit of a fan of tennis but only really started becoming addicted to it after wimbledon this year and my fav players are Murray and simon

Truc
01-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Another Muzza fan - no surprise, they have a lot in common. Welcome around!

MsTree
01-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Hi Jess :wavey: and welcome! :)
Are there any Simon fans who aren't also Murray fans? :p

but-it's-ok
01-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Jess:wavey: I'm Di;) You like Gilles and Gulbis too;) Where are you from? I come from Derbyshire in England.

Jess22
01-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Lol two great players obviously :P Preston in Lancashire living in Manchester at the momment though studying, well trying to study for my exams but keep getting distracted with the tennis :]

but-it's-ok
01-24-2009, 12:19 PM
A Lancashire lass:D I'm studying for exams too(Law). Tennis and studying,don't go too well together:lol:

Jess22
01-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Yep :D I know it's so hard not to watch and then after getting up early to watch I just don't wanna do any studying :P

anaquot
01-24-2009, 08:56 PM
:wavey: Hi everyone...don't worry too much about studying and matches, we've got a couple of troopers on here who post extreme amounts of stuff for us (you know who you are and we love you :smooch: )

Kezzi
01-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Hi Jess :wavey: and welcome! :)
Are there any Simon fans who aren't also Murray fans? :p
Me ;)
I have to admit I think he's really cool, but I'm not actually a fan :)

sammy01
01-24-2009, 10:17 PM
im deffinately a simon fan now.

im sam im well known on tennisforum, i love me some cute ass simon. im posting on here more regular now because of simon and bolelli.

MsTree
01-24-2009, 10:30 PM
Hi Sam! Welcome to the sanctuary ;)
Is it only Simons you're interested in then? :devil:

sammy01
01-24-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi Sam! Welcome to the sanctuary ;)
Is it only Simons you're interested in then? :devil:

thanks, well i love me some bolelli and have a soft spot for del potro, but simon is the man :worship:!

Brownie
01-24-2009, 11:13 PM
Wow, I missed a lot of introductions in the last week:eek:

Hi Marion, Eliane, Jess, and Sam!:) I'm Lauren:wavey:

Jess22
01-25-2009, 11:49 AM
:D Hey everyone lot's of new simon fans it seems

sammy01
01-25-2009, 12:28 PM
hey lauren and usa, looking forward to his match tonight, really hoping he gets the win.

madeinburma
01-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone! i have officially became a simontard just within 2 weeks. it all started with his floppy hair and unshaven face at his first hopman cup match. then seeing him live at australian open a couple of times. and now i'm a woman obsessed. :D

Cloudygirl
02-08-2009, 04:02 PM
I have a bit of a crush. Oh and his game is quite good too ;)

I'm Vick from the UK. I'm also a huge Gasquet fan (but its killing me), Rafa fan, quite like Murray oh and I think David Ferrer is really gorgeous.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-08-2009, 06:07 PM
Welcome to all the new posters. I'm a relative newbie myself so I know how it feels. We're a good bunch for the most part on here. Sam, I think we had a conversation before regarding Simon and Bolelli if I remember rightly? We're both fans of the clean-shaven Gilles too. All the other newbies its nice to meet yous all. I'm Eimear and I'm Irish and a Murray/Simon fan. I'm also slowly being converted into being a Gasquetaire thanks to Lauren and Vicky. Its a slow process but its definitely happening

but-it's-ok
02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
A big welcome to our two newest posters:wavey: I'm Di. I like all the French players,but some more than others;)

rdandelion
02-09-2009, 02:06 AM
hi! i'm Vy from Viet Nam.
the first time i heard about Simon was when he defeat Nadal in Madrid. what a pity he could not do it again in Melbourne! hope he will do it again the next time.
good luck, Simon.

MsTree
02-09-2009, 07:23 AM
:wavey: Hi everyone new :wavey:

Truc
02-09-2009, 09:15 AM
Welcome around Vy, I'm "trực" :p (it's a copy&paste from an old post of Natsume, I blame him if the accents are wrong and it doesn't make sense). I don't speak Vietnamese at all, but I love Vietnam.

xhr75019
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Hi Vy, welcome aboard. Me too I love Vietnam, been there many times.

And btw I am Xavier from Paris. Used to follow tennis quite closely from the mid 70's to early 90's. During that period I used to go to Roland Garros as often as I could. Tickets were cheap and easy to get and you could go from one court to the others, it was great. So I have seen Noah (ah! the first time he took a set from Vilas, he was 17 or 18, that was something!), Leconte, Forget, Santoro (not to mention good ol' Tutu) play more often than I can tell... I even saw the older guys play : François Jauffret, Dominguez, Deblicker... My interest renewed when Tsonga got to AO final and at the last RG where I discovered some of the new generation frenchies. I was curious about Simon at that time because of his good ranking but I did not see him then since he lost early. I had to wait until Madrid and became an instant fan because of his fascinating tennis and unique personnality.

but-it's-ok
02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Welcome Vy:wavey:

Nice introduction Xavier;) Nice to meet you,I'm Di;) I never have seen Deblicker,Jauffret,Dominguez play even on TV. I have watched French players from mid 80s onwards. I have been fortunate to watch a lot of the French players on the grass at Nottingham.

Truc
02-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Hi Vy, welcome aboard. Me too I love Vietnam, been there many times.That's funny, duong (the French poster who posts a lot in GM) is a big Vietnam fan too.

The average age is quite high for a MTF player forum, there are a lot of posters in the "35+" category!
But we had already noticed that Gilles appeals to older people since my mother and Ome's mother have a soft spot for him. :p

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 02:53 PM
That's funny, duong (the French poster who posts a lot in GM) is a big Vietnam fan too.

The average age is quite high for a MTF player forum, there are a lot of posters in the "35+" category!
But we had already noticed that Gilles appeals to older people since my mother and Ome's mother have a soft spot for him. :p

I'm only 25 so I guess that makes me a relative baby in here and a teeny bopper when it comes to supporting Gilles :lol: :lol: Funny you mention your mother Fran because I had a few pics of Gilles saved on my Mum's computer and yesterday she asked me who he was and I was telling her and she said 'he's not bad looking is he?' so you can add my Mum to the list

xhr75019
02-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Hahaha you didn't miss much Di, that was not a glorious period for french tennis.
Jauffret was the leader and the older. He was (pbbly still is) a good man, with a typically old school tennis, a good fighter and excellent DC player but he usually lost at the end.
Deblicker was like a mad dog with his long curly hair, running all over, making spectacular saves, getting crushed at the net and usually loosing at the end.
Dominguez was the smart and ambitious one. Nothing much to say about his tennis except he was left-handed and almost invariably lost at the end.

Truc
02-09-2009, 03:29 PM
Your mother has been added to the list, Eimear! :cool:

I was looking for Ome's post about her mother again and some of the old posts are so funny to read as posteriori:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6607325&postcount=1393
(That was the result of the GM poll before his 2nd round match against Tipsarevic which he won in straight sets.)

Here's Ome's post about her mother:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=6620237&postcount=1452

Eimear O'Mahony
02-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Just read Ome's post about her Mom ... that's hilarious!!! Gilles really does appeal to both young and old! Must have a look through that other link you sent!

rdandelion
02-10-2009, 07:26 AM
thank you everyone.
hi Truc. in Vienamese, "trực" means truthful.:)
glad to know there are some Viet Nam fan.
i'm 24. i think i'm too young in here. i don't know much about French tennis players, except Simon. he's good looking.:devil:

MsTree
02-10-2009, 07:34 AM
You're never too young/old to have good taste in men! :devil:

J'adore.Gilles
02-10-2009, 07:52 AM
WHAT? too young?
i'm 13 ... hehehe

Truc
02-10-2009, 08:03 AM
hi Truc. in Vienamese, "trực" means truthful.:)The accents were correct then, congrats to Natsume, that's the word I meant!

("Truc" means "thing", "whatsit" or "what's-her-name" in French, so everybody thinks it's the meaning of my screenname. But it actually comes from Trực.)

Kezzi
02-10-2009, 08:20 AM
I also bring the average down a little with my 22 years :p
More relative babies in here than you'd think :lol:

J'adore.Gilles
02-10-2009, 09:01 AM
omg everyone is so much older than me :(
:crying2:

*Raine
02-10-2009, 09:05 AM
:wavey: Hi!

I haven't introduced myself to the others here yet :lol:. My real name is Lorraine but you can call me Raine. I'm from the Philippines, even though it's crazy here sometimes I still love it here. I am 22 years old but I just graduated from college, October last year and hopefully I can find a job soon :). My interests are sports, anime, video games, and music (any genre except for rap/hip hop.. mostly I prefer rock). For sports I follow basketball (San Antonio Spurs), European football (Manchester United and England national team), baseball (New York Mets) and of course, tennis.

I started to watch tennis during the time of Sampras and Agassi..some of my favorite retired tennis players are: Guga, Ivanisevic, Sampras, Agassi, Chang, Henman, Kafelnikov, Coria, Rios. But I didn't follow tennis that much before as I do since last year. Before I would only watch the grand slams, now I also watch the masters series and smaller tournaments even though my sleeping patterns are screwed up because of the time differences.

My number one fave since 2007 is Novak and some of my favorites are : Baghdatis (second fave who used to be my no. 1), Clement (third fave), Safin, Hewitt, Murray, Haas, Ferrero, Tsonga, Monfils, Gasquet, Simon, Grosjean, Gulbis, Cilic, Ancic, Tipsarevic, Roddick, Tursunov, Berdych, Querrey, Nestor, Zimonjic, Verdasco, Ferrer, Moya, Blake and more :lol:.

EDIT: Back to Gilles, I started notice him last year when he defeated Federer in the Roger's Cup. I've always been amazed at how he runs around the court and how he never gives up. Of course the looks are an added bonus. :D

:scratch: That's it I guess. :D

J'adore.Gilles
02-10-2009, 09:07 AM
hello raine.
it seems like ur online so we can talk! ^^
well
sum of ur faves ar emy faves
gilles, richie and andy roddick
yay
:D
btw do you think i'm too young to be on this forum ...?

port37
02-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Hello!
My name is Alyce and I'm from Adelaide, Australia. Became a Gilles fan during Madrid last year. I was so impressed the way he fought through so many tough matches and then beat Rafa when he looked down and out. Then seeing him in Shanghai I loved how expressive he is on court, he really showed his emotions and you could see he was having fun out there. It wasn't until his third match in Shanghai that I realised he's good looking, don't know how I missed it beforehand... From what I've read and seen in interviews he's got a really good personality. So I'm a full fledged Gilles Simon fan now! He's my number 3 behind Andy Roddick and Rafa Nadal, I also like Andy Murray.

port37
02-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Oh and I'm 21, 22 in a couple of weeks so I'm sorta still a baby...

but-it's-ok
02-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Hello and welcome to Raine,Jenny and Alyce:wavey: Great to have you all here,enjoy being with us;) I've only started posting regularly here just recently. I'm Di. I left my 20s behind quite some years ago:lol:

rdandelion
02-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by J'adore.Gilles
everyone is so much older than me

you are younger than most of us but we have common ground. so don't worry about that.:)

rtgy
02-10-2009, 12:47 PM

ah don't worry everything is ok! there is place for everyone here,
so welcome aboard ;)

and Hi to all of the newbies :wavey:

Brownie
02-10-2009, 01:49 PM
So many new people:D Hi and welcome to all of you:wavey: I'm Lauren:wavey:

turtle-rn
02-10-2009, 02:28 PM
The accents were correct then, congrats to Natsume, that's the word I meant!
Thanks! *phew* ^^
(going quickly to edit my other post! hihi)

anaquot
02-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi all! I've got some updating to do for my screen-name/real-name cheat sheet (yeah, I really have one:lol: ) Raine, there aren't so many Mets fans in my area (they call it the Red Sox Nation) but I've always liked them since my grandfather worked as a ticket taker at Shea Stadium. He used to bring us Mets gifts all of the time.

:wavey: :dance: :smooch:

Brownie
02-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Raine, there aren't so many Mets fans in my area (they call it the Red Sox Nation) but I've always liked them since my grandfather worked as a ticket taker at Shea Stadium. He used to bring us Mets gifts all of the time.
But, are you a bigger Red Sox fan?;)

anaquot
02-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Lauren, I plead the fifth!

Brownie
02-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Not a Sox fan at all?:sobbing:

port37
02-11-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcoming :wavey:

Masha91
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Salut tout le monde!

Hey, my name is Maria. I'm seventeen, I come from Brisbane and will be starting uni next month where I'll be doing psychology and continuing French. J'adore la langue française! (et les joueurs de tennis, MDR).

My absolute favourite player is Novak Djokovic but I also adore Gilles Simon and Richard Gasquet.

I've been to the Aussie Open for the past two years and went to the Brisbane International too. I haven't seen Gilles play yet, unfortunately.

Je pense que c'est tout.

Merci et au revoir! :D

but-it's-ok
02-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Salut Maria. Bienvenue:wavey: I'm Di. Your French is much better than mine;)

We've had a few people from Australia come and join us recently.

Have fun here;)

Brownie
02-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Hi Maria:wavey: Nice to meet you:)

Masha91
02-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Merci patchett et Brownie! :)

rtgy
02-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi Maria :wavey:

I'm Yavor, welcome around :hug:

port37
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Hi Maria! I'm Alyce :wavey:

Another Aussie, we have good taste in tennis players :D

rtgy
02-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Hi Maria! I'm Alyce :wavey:

Hi Alyce :wavey:

port37
02-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi Alyce :wavey:

:wavey: Hi Yavor! and good night! I'ts 11:30pm for me and I've gotta get up for work tomorrow...

gambit84
02-14-2009, 10:05 PM
Yavor tries an approach with all the girls around :eek:

rtgy
02-14-2009, 10:12 PM
Yavor tries an approach with all the girls around :eek:

:confused:

and this surprised you??????

gambit84
02-14-2009, 10:27 PM
too latin to be russian :p

rtgy
02-14-2009, 11:34 PM
too latin to be russian :p

I don't get it......what you mean :confused:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-14-2009, 11:37 PM
I think he means you're a smooth operator with the ladies like most of the latin men Yavor :lol: (at least that's what I read into it anyway!)

gambit84
02-14-2009, 11:48 PM
I don't get it......what you mean :confused:

:rolls:

rtgy
02-15-2009, 12:19 AM
I think he means you're a smooth operator with the ladies like most of the latin men Yavor :lol: (at least that's what I read into it anyway!)

I think that he's drunk............

btw, I'm bulgarian Raf, not russian :eek: /Gosh you're drunk indeed/

gambit84
02-15-2009, 12:35 AM
:tears:

*Raine
02-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Salut tout le monde!

Hey, my name is Maria. I'm seventeen, I come from Brisbane and will be starting uni next month where I'll be doing psychology and continuing French. J'adore la langue française! (et les joueurs de tennis, MDR).

My absolute favourite player is Novak Djokovic but I also adore Gilles Simon and Richard Gasquet.

I've been to the Aussie Open for the past two years and went to the Brisbane International too. I haven't seen Gilles play yet, unfortunately.

Je pense que c'est tout.

Merci et au revoir! :D

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:secret:Novak is my favorite player too. Hopefully we'll be able to go to the Aussie Open next year and at the same time visit my sister and two aunts who live in Melbourne as well.

EDIT: I replied to your post in Nole's introduction thread too.

hello raine.
it seems like ur online so we can talk! ^^
well
sum of ur faves ar emy faves
gilles, richie and andy roddick
yay
:D

:wavey: I'm sorry I didn't reply to your post that time when we were both online. I was also busy posting in another forum :o :lol:.

Nope, you're not too young to be on this forum. :hug: I'm jealous, I wish I was still 13 years old :lol:. You're from Sydney right? I want to visit Sydney the next time I come back to Australia. :D

Raine, there aren't so many Mets fans in my area (they call it the Red Sox Nation) but I've always liked them since my grandfather worked as a ticket taker at Shea Stadium. He used to bring us Mets gifts all of the time.

:wavey: :dance: :smooch:

That's great. :)

I've become a Mets fan because of Mike Piazza in 1998 and I'm still a Mets fan up to now. Piazza and Nomo are my favorite baseball players. I remember I used to hate Clemens because of the incident with Piazza. :o

Do you watch American Idol btw? :)

Masha91
02-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey Raine, I mentioned it another thread too but my mum is from the Philippines she's been in Brisbane since the 80s but I still have heaps of relatives in Luzon. My godmother (also from the Philippines) lives in Melbourne too! :)

I'll check out Nole's forum now.

anaquot
02-15-2009, 03:55 PM
I've become a Mets fan because of Mike Piazza in 1998 and I'm still a Mets fan up to now. Piazza and Nomo are my favorite baseball players. I remember I used to hate Clemens because of the incident with Piazza. :o

Do you watch American Idol btw? :)

My sister played softball and is an assistant coach at a college now. I remember when she was obsessed with Piazza, same as my cousins. I don't really watch professional baseball, it is the little league baseball and softball that I like better, always more drama and more action! I wish I was better about going to see my high school tennis team play. Hey Alli! That's my resolution! Eureka!

This is actually the first season that I'm really watching American Idol. I used to just watch the first couple of days and skip Hollywood week because they always cut the ones I liked (like they just did!!!!) and then catch a couple of the other shows, but I'm watching the whole thing this season. Funny you asked :lol:

*Raine
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Raine, I mentioned it another thread too but my mum is from the Philippines she's been in Brisbane since the 80s but I still have heaps of relatives in Luzon. My godmother (also from the Philippines) lives in Melbourne too! :)

I'll check out Nole's forum now.

So do you understand Tagalog then? :)

My sister played softball and is an assistant coach at a college now. I remember when she was obsessed with Piazza, same as my cousins. I don't really watch professional baseball, it is the little league baseball and softball that I like better, always more drama and more action! I wish I was better about going to see my high school tennis team play. Hey Alli! That's my resolution! Eureka!

This is actually the first season that I'm really watching American Idol. I used to just watch the first couple of days and skip Hollywood week because they always cut the ones I liked (like they just did!!!!) and then catch a couple of the other shows, but I'm watching the whole thing this season. Funny you asked :lol:

Yay for your sister and cousins for liking Piazza as well. Another player I like is Pujols. :)

I'm not sure if you're familiar with these guys but I liked Bo Bice from season 4, Chris Daughtry and Elliot Yamin from season 5, Michael Johns and David from season 7. I was so happy when David Cook won last year, it was the first time a favorite of mine won.
My mom and I skip the auditions and Hollywood week because of too much drama.

So who do you like so far in season 8, please don't tell me it's Tatiana. I find her so annoying:o.

Last year was the first time I got so invested in AI that I even joined idolforums.com up to now, I post in Cook and Michael Johns' forum. :lol:

Masha91
02-16-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi Raine, I only speak a little bit but when I hear my relatives speak I can understand virtually their whole conversation.

Ouragan
02-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Hi all,
I'm 26, name is Alexandre, and haven't ever played much tennis, but always enjoyed following it from the times of Muster, Agassi et al. I'm quite chauvinistic so mainly support the Frenchies (quite fortunate cause these are great times for French tennis).
I like Simon because he's a straightforward guy, quite witty, talkative, "chambreur", natural and so not full of himself, opinionated, respectful towards opponents, quietly ambitious, bright-eyed, smiles on court, and just popped out of nowhere despite his lanky physique and beat all the top contenders in 2008.

Go Poussin!

sammy01
02-19-2009, 11:07 PM
this is what i look like

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1965/59/79/516467012/n516467012_1311142_2673.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v264/94/40/1358415784/n1358415784_18510_249.jpg

in my simontard flesh!

i like knowing who im chatting with so now you know me!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:24 PM
You look cool Sam! Funnily enough, you look kind of how I expected you to look. Don't ask me WHY because I couldn't tell you :lol: It is good to put a face to the name. I'll go see if I can find a pic of me and I'll post it here too

sammy01
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
You look cool Sam! Funnily enough, you look kind of how I expected you to look. Don't ask me WHY because I couldn't tell you :lol: It is good to put a face to the name. I'll go see if I can find a pic of me and I'll post it here too

haha, i look as smuty as my posts then lmao.

i love seeing pics of people, i'll look forward to seeing who i've been flirting chatting with! ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:32 PM
As promised a couple of pictures of me

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Hope I don't disappoint you Sam ;) I know I look fairly young in them. I do look really young for my age which is a blessing in some ways and a nuisance in others

sammy01
02-19-2009, 11:35 PM
^great pics, is your name actualy eimear?

i see in the 1st pic you were dressed to pull!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:36 PM
No I wasn't :lol: I was at a dinner dance! Would it have worked if I was do you reckon ;) Yeah my name is really Eimear ... I'm taking it yours is Sam?

sammy01
02-19-2009, 11:40 PM
No I wasn't :lol: I was at a dinner dance! Would it have worked if I was do you reckon ;) Yeah my name is really Eimear ... I'm taking it yours is Sam?

samuel! though i prefer sam.

you look great in the 1st pic like you are dressed for a fun night.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:45 PM
So I'll call you Samuel then :devil: Just kidding, Sam it is! Yeah it was a fun night ... what I remember of it :lol: Lots of alcohol was consumed if I remember rightly. Yeah I like to dress up when I go out because I wear sporty clothes normally so its fun to dress up a bit, do the hair and make-up and stuff every once in a while!

sammy01
02-19-2009, 11:47 PM
^i cant remember what its like to go out im skint :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Yup me too. Going out is something of a rarity for me these days too! I'm out of work recovering from an op on my knee so my earnings aren't what they used to be

sammy01
02-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Yup me too. Going out is something of a rarity for me these days too! I'm out of work recovering from an op on my knee so my earnings aren't what they used to be

try being a self-employed garden designer during the winter and in the middle of a credit crunch :sad:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-19-2009, 11:57 PM
Ouch! That sounds like you need a :hug: That's gotta be difficult. The credit crunch is a bastard of a thing

sammy01
02-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Ouch! That sounds like you need a :hug: That's gotta be difficult. The credit crunch is a bastard of a thing

still i have thousands of very beautiful business cards to wipe my arse on if times get really tough, we must look for the positives ;)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-20-2009, 12:06 AM
That's a good way of thinking about things :lol: I've pm'd ya btw. Figured we'd better stop clogging up the threads before we get killed!

Cloudygirl
02-20-2009, 12:11 AM
How old are you Eimear?

Eimear O'Mahony
02-20-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm 25 but look about 12 :lol:

Cloudygirl
02-20-2009, 12:19 AM
I look younger than my age too. I got IDed last year for a lottery ticket. (I was in trackies and no makeup) and I'm nearly 30. I've started taking it as a compliment now.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-20-2009, 12:46 AM
After the game last night myself and my father decided to go to the hotel bar for a drink before going to bed. I said I'd get them so I just walked up to the bar, didn't even say anything and the bar man says to me 'I'm sorry love but we can't serve alcohol if you're under 18' I just laughed and said 'Would you go on with yourself I'm 25! I can show you my passport if you like' He just said 'No you're alright love what can I get you?' My father had tears rolling down his face with laughter at the whole exchange. I don't take it as a compliment now but I will when I'm older and only look about 20 :lol:

rtgy
02-21-2009, 07:34 PM
After the game last night myself and my father decided to go to the hotel bar for a drink before going to bed. I said I'd get them so I just walked up to the bar, didn't even say anything and the bar man says to me 'I'm sorry love but we can't serve alcohol if you're under 18' I just laughed and said 'Would you go on with yourself I'm 25! I can show you my passport if you like' He just said 'No you're alright love what can I get you?' My father had tears rolling down his face with laughter at the whole exchange. I don't take it as a compliment now but I will when I'm older and only look about 20 :lol:

:lol: :lol:

:haha:

:hug:
you're so sweet love :smooch:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-21-2009, 08:27 PM
:lol: :lol:

:haha:

:hug:
you're so sweet love :smooch:

Thanks Yavor. I've just had a bit of bad news and you've made me smile. You're sweet too hun x :smooch: :hug:

rtgy
02-21-2009, 09:59 PM
Thanks Yavor. I've just had a bit of bad news and you've made me smile. You're sweet too hun x :smooch: :hug:

ahh...and why is that:confused:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-21-2009, 10:09 PM
I'll pm you Yavor okay hun? :hug:

Steferene
02-26-2009, 03:04 AM
hello my name is Steph from Ireland.
I'm a long time time tennis fan,new Gilles fan, I first really noticed him during this years Hopman cup cos I love Marat Safin but lets just say I've fallen quickly in love since :D

port37
02-26-2009, 03:26 AM
Hi Steph! :wavey:

I'm Alyce, I've only been a Gilles fan since late last year and am new around here too.

Brownie
02-26-2009, 05:33 AM
Hi Steph, welcome:D I'm Lauren:wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
Welcome Steph! Lovely to see a fellow Irish girl here! What part of Ireland are you from? I'm from Waterford

sammy01
02-26-2009, 02:14 PM
what good taste steph has, hello!

tedlesurfeur
02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
ahh...and why is that:confused:

Oh :eek: You forgot to write this in blue or purple :eek: :p

Jess22
02-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Hey Steph :wavey: Im Jess also quite new too :P Safin fan not bad :D

Kezzi
02-26-2009, 05:05 PM
Welcome Steph and Jess :bigwave:

And since everyone's posting pics again, let me throw in mine with a nice guy next to me :p For everyone who missed it and because I'm still very happy with that pic :angel: It's from 2007 :)

Jess22
02-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey :wavey:
:eek: So jealous but such a nice picture :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-26-2009, 05:33 PM
That's the one taken by Gilles' Dad right Eliane?

sammy01
02-26-2009, 05:45 PM

And since everyone's posting pics again, let me throw in mine with a nice guy next to me :p For everyone who missed it and because I'm still very happy with that pic :angel: It's from 2007 :)

i hate you, not only are you hugging my man your pretty as well, you bitch :p

anaquot
02-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi everyone :wavey:

Steferene
02-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Hey all thanks for the warm welcome!!!
Hi Eimear, very unusual to find another Irish person who likes tennis...well none of my friends do!!

I'm from Kildare but I went to WIT for 4 years, love Waterford..do you live in town?

Eimear O'Mahony
02-26-2009, 11:44 PM
Oh my God ... how weird Stef!!! I went to WIT for 5 years ... what did you study? I did a BA in Languages and Marketing and an MBS in Marketing. Loved college :) Yeah I live in town ... just by the hospital there. Don't know if you know it? You probably do! No doubt you're familiar with all the hot spots in town??? Yeah, none of my friends like tennis either which is a bummer!

Steferene
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
I studied Law with Business so I was stuck in College St for 4 years!!!! Yuo I know where the hospital is..its near Tesco in Ardkeen right?
Loved Sheffs in 1st year, took me awhile to get used to Harveys but i grew to love it:D. Cant beat Rubys on a Wed night...didnt like Oxegen they let waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to many people in!!!! Do you know Rosgrove Ct? I lived there for 2 years

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Oh ya poor thing. I never went to College Street but I had my exams there and I never really liked it ... too far away from the main campus for my liking. Yup its near Tesco. I live out that direction. Oh Harveys ROCKS!!! I frequent the place most weekends :lol: Oh I hate Oxegen. Never liked it! Rubys was cool back in the day but I feel like I'm too old for it now :lol: Rosgrove Ct? Is that out Lisduggan direction?

Steferene
02-27-2009, 12:29 AM
yeah college st is teeny compared to the main campus...and weird that you do exams in a chapel...unless your hoping for divine intervention!
Harveys does rock it just took a while for me to deal with the fact that it wasnt Sheffs anymore, due to proximity to college stit was like my student bar! I was actually down for my grad last Oct and Rubys was completely different..i didnt like it!!! Rossgrove is on Hennessy's Rd across from the college

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh I know Hennessys Road yeah. Memories of having to drive up bunkers bloody hill while I was learning my hill starts in the car!!! I never really went to Sheffs so it wasn't such a huge adjustment to the system when it became Harveys :lol: Yeah, Rubys is gone to the dogs lately. I hate the bloody place. I haven't been there in about a year I'd reckon!

Steferene
02-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Eimear, Im replying to both your msgs here since weve gotten majorly off topic in the other thread! Yeah its actually mad that your from Waterford. Hmm 2 years ago..do you mean 06? if so i just moved out that May, what block did you live in? the way things are going you prob lived in my apartment right after I moved out :L.
Rosgrove is just at the end of bunkers hill, i actually have a friend who applied to do her driving test in Tipp purely cos she was so afraid of bunkers hill..her name is Eimear too :D.
Whats Masons like these days?

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 10:23 AM
I never minded bunkers hill actually Stef. They don't use it in test routes anymore anyway because of the double yellow lines there apparently. I lived in Block 6 apartment 20. Yeah it was '06 when we lived there. Mason's isn't too bad actually. I don't go there very often but I've always found it good when I did go there. We go mainly when there's live music on there and there's always a good crowd and a good atmosphere

port37
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM

That's a gorgeous photo, you both look great :)

Here is mine from AO this year, I'm quite happy with it :)

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/port37/Oz%20Open%2009/AustralianOpen09234-1.jpg

MsTree
02-27-2009, 02:35 PM
:) Nice photo!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 02:38 PM
Great photo hun. I'm so jealous of you. You both look great ;)

Steferene
02-27-2009, 10:01 PM
Hey Eimear! I lived in block 4 and 6....had to move half way through the year...pyscho roomate!!!! Yeah my friend realised that bout bunkers hill after her test lol!!!!! I cant believe from from Waterford thats mad!!!!

I'm so very jealous of everyone and their pics with Gilles! Kezzi, your white handbag in your pic is so super pretty!!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 10:09 PM
So you even lived in the same block as me in Riverwalk??? How weird is that??? It is completely bonkers :lol: You must be familiar with Waterford slang then? Up the Deise boy! :lol: Yeah they're so lucky. Eliane (Kezzi) has some great stories of meeting Gilles. She makes him seem like a really sweet guy. We'll have to fly over to London for Wimbledon and stalk Gilles I think :lol:

Steferene
02-27-2009, 10:16 PM
I will never forget the night in my 1st year my friend explaing up the deise to me over a bottle of mickey finns hilarious!!!! But since Im a lilywhite Waterford are defo my hurling team!!!
Yeah its crazy...who knows how many times we passed each other....or you served me in Superquinn lol!!!
I'm actually trying to convince one of my friends to come to france with me for the Paris masters cos she dragged me to more Westlife concerts than I will EVER admit to

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Ah Westlife ... memories :lol: I probably did serve you in SQ or passed you in Riverwalk and never knew it :lol: De La Salle (John Mullane's team) are in the All-Ireland club final on Paddy's day so there's great excitement over that. I'm a De La Salle girl so I can't wait!!! I'll come to the Paris masters with you on the condition we can stalk Gilles :lol:

Steferene
02-27-2009, 10:42 PM
we have years to stalk Gilles...Safin is retiring THIS YEAR :(

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Ok so if we manage to locate Safin can we find Gilles then? :lol:

Steferene
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
haha deal! till either be the best trip ever...or well get arrested!!!

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Can you just imagine us locked up in a French police cell trying to use our Irish sounding French to explain that we're not mad stalkers ... Safin was already naked when we got there your honour :angel:

Steferene
02-27-2009, 11:04 PM
I cant speak french i did German in school!! I have a law degree though...can you translate? Imagine the report on RTE lol. Oh dont put naked safin in my head :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-27-2009, 11:08 PM
We'd be headline news on the 6:01 news :haha: Can you imagine it "Irish girls arrested in France after being caught harassing naked tennis players" Yeah okay. You do the law and I'll do the translation. Its a deal :lol:

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Hey :wavey:
:eek: So jealous but such a nice picture :)
Thank you, and I hope you get pictures soon to make me jealous :hug:

i hate you, not only are you hugging my man your pretty as well, you bitch :p
I guess I can consider this a compliment :p So thanks :hug:
Didn't know if I already told you that you look great on your pics. Maybe Gilles will convert when he meets you ;)

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:39 PM
That's the one taken by Gilles' Dad right Eliane?
That's right :)
And if that look is Gilles future, it's still handsome and stylish ;)

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:46 PM
That's a gorgeous photo, you both look great :)

Here is mine from AO this year, I'm quite happy with it :)

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/port37/Oz%20Open%2009/AustralianOpen09234-1.jpg
Thanks! :hug:
And you should be happy with that pic, it's fabulous! :)

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:49 PM
Hey Eimear! I lived in block 4 and 6....had to move half way through the year...pyscho roomate!!!! Yeah my friend realised that bout bunkers hill after her test lol!!!!! I cant believe from from Waterford thats mad!!!!

I'm so very jealous of everyone and their pics with Gilles! Kezzi, your white handbag in your pic is so super pretty!!!!
Thank you! :hug:
And don't be jealous, you'll get a pic too someday :D

The bag is Esprit, I still have it and managed to keep it white for 2,5 years and counting :p I love it, but if I ever put it on Ebay, I'll let you know ;)

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
So you even lived in the same block as me in Riverwalk??? How weird is that??? It is completely bonkers :lol: You must be familiar with Waterford slang then? Up the Deise boy! :lol: Yeah they're so lucky. Eliane (Kezzi) has some great stories of meeting Gilles. She makes him seem like a really sweet guy. We'll have to fly over to London for Wimbledon and stalk Gilles I think :lol:
He really is! One of the nicest players I've ever met :worship: And a little crazy too sometimes :p

Kezzi
02-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Ah Westlife ... memories :lol: I probably did serve you in SQ or passed you in Riverwalk and never knew it :lol: De La Salle (John Mullane's team) are in the All-Ireland club final on Paddy's day so there's great excitement over that. I'm a De La Salle girl so I can't wait!!! I'll come to the Paris masters with you on the condition we can stalk Gilles :lol:
Haha, I was a huge Westlife fan too a few years ago :lol: I still quite like the older albums :p
And such a funny story that you two might have met :)
I've met someone on mtf when I first started posting, turned out she lives 5 minutes away from me and we're best friends now :D

And yeah, go stalk him! Good luck :bounce:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 12:04 AM
I met Westlife last year at a book signing in Manchester actually. Kian and Nicky were really nice and said hi and thanks to us but Shane and Mark wouldn't even look in their directions. Wow, that is a HUGE coincidence that you met someone living five minutes from you. Its true what they say ... its a small world. I think its hilarious that Stef has lived in Waterford, in the same place as me, drank in the same places and I couldn't even tell you what she looked like :lol: Oh I'm definitely up for stalking him. You seem on friendly terms with him Eliane. You can come with us :lol:

Steferene
02-28-2009, 03:38 AM
Eliane you seriously dont know how handbag obsessed i am after gilles that was the next thing i noticed in the pic!!!
As for Westlife...hmm..my best friend (shes coming to Paris with us Eimear) loves them...ive been to concerts and book signings with her and im a pure indie girl, imagine how I looked lol..cant say any of them were very nice compared to some of the bands i like that truely love their fans!!!
Eimear I shall post some pics of me tmrw :)

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah okay your friend can come with us Stef (as long as she realises she has to find her own man ... Safin is yours and Simon is mine :lol:) You're a funny one. I had to go back and look at the pic to see the handbag. I am not a girly girl at all!!! The only handbags I have are ones I was given as presents :lol: Oh dear she dragged an indie girl along to a Westlife signing and concert - I feel your pain :lol: Can't wait for the pics!

Kezzi
02-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I've never met them, I also hated most of the people at Westlife concerts. Screaming and fainting isn't really my thing, I want to actually hear the music when I'm there ;)
Even if I say it myself, I think my taste in music got better over the years :p And I know what you mean, as a big fan of Gavin Mikhail, he really loves his fans, it's great :D
Anyway, now I prefer the sound of a tennisbal and Gilles on court over a Westlife concert :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 12:29 PM
I like Westlife and I'm not ashamed to admit it :lol: The experience I had with Shane and Mark soured my opinion of them somewhat though and nowadays tennis is taking over my life so I'm not into music as much as I was

pasztetpasztet
02-28-2009, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first post here but it's not that I'm new to this forum ;) I've been following you (and Gilles of course!) for a while.

I'm from Poland and I'm impressed with everything connected with Gilles - most importantly with how he manages to play such good tennis with such frame, and that he always refuses to give up no matter how bad the game is going for him (how he wastes his chances when he's well on his way to winning is, well, another thing, but nevermind:P). Oh, and can't forget to mention how gorgeous he looks!

Anyway, hello to y'all ;)
Ania

MsTree
02-28-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi Ania! :wavey:
Glad you've stopped lurking and started posting ;)
Don't let the boyband talk put you off :lol:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 02:37 PM
I was under the impression we were free to discuss what we like :shrug:

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 02:38 PM
Welcome Ania. Good to see you here. You've summed up Gilles' character very well for me :)

anaquot
02-28-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Ania :wavey:
Eimear, which band is Westlife? I tend to pay more attention to antifolk music and stuff that ends up on La Blogotheque.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 04:10 PM
They're an Irish band absolutely huge in Ireland and the UK ... never quite made it in the states. Here's a pic

anaquot
02-28-2009, 04:31 PM
It was McFadden I was thinking of.

Eimear O'Mahony
02-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Yeah Brian used to be in Westlife but he left a few years back and they're now a four piece. Bring him back I say LOL

pasztetpasztet
02-28-2009, 09:57 PM
Haha, it's been years since I've heard Westlife. Or even about them. Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome.

Kezzi
02-28-2009, 10:07 PM
Welcome Ania!
It's good to see you hear :bigwave:
And start posting ;) It makes me feel like an addict when I compare my postcount to some of you :o

Brownie
02-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Welcome Ania:wavey::D

MsTree
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
I was under the impression we were free to discuss what we like :shrug:
:rolleyes: Likewise I was under the impression I was free to make a joke about whatever I like :shrug:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-01-2009, 10:18 AM
:rolleyes: Likewise I was under the impression I was free to make a joke about whatever I like :shrug:

Yes, of course you're right. I apologise :hug:

port37
03-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Hello Ania! :wavey:

Thanks for all the nice comments about my photo.

Stalking tennis players in Paris sounds good, you might even get to see some tennis matches whilst ya there too!

I have to say I'm not into Westlife style of music, I prefer the heavier sounds of life like Metallica, Muse and Nine Inch Nails who I saw last night and were AWESOME!!! They're always great live.

Masha91
03-01-2009, 10:34 AM
Welcome Ania! Have fun here :)

Jess22
03-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey Ania :wavey: Im Jess, Welcome :D great reasons by the way :P

pasztetpasztet
03-01-2009, 05:19 PM
Hello once again :D :wavey:

great reasons by the way :P

Well, I've tried my best to be creative :P

but-it's-ok
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Hello everyone! This is my first post here but it's not that I'm new to this forum ;) I've been following you (and Gilles of course!) for a while.

I'm from Poland and I'm impressed with everything connected with Gilles - most importantly with how he manages to play such good tennis with such frame, and that he always refuses to give up no matter how bad the game is going for him (how he wastes his chances when he's well on his way to winning is, well, another thing, but nevermind:P). Oh, and can't forget to mention how gorgeous he looks!

Anyway, hello to y'all ;)
Ania

I'm Di, pleased to meet you Ania. Welcome here:hug:

ellen_
03-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Since I miss Di, I thought I could chase her on MTF so that's why I'm here :p No just kidding, I absolutely love Gilles but I've always been just a lurker here. You seem to be a very kind and happy bunch, so I thought it was time to say hello to you all.

So:

Hello ;) I'm Ellen :wavey:

Eimear O'Mahony
03-03-2009, 12:01 PM
:lol: We all love Di here Ellen so you're in good company :lol: Good to see you come out of lurkdom and join in the fun. I'm Eimear. Its nice to meet you :wavey: You'll have fun here I'm sure

but-it's-ok
03-03-2009, 12:07 PM
Ellen:wavey::hug: Welcome here;) We're a nice bunch here,you got that right;) Hey,I didn't know you loved Gilles. You'll fit in perfectly here;)

:awww:all this love for me I'm all emotional now.

Ellen PS:secret: You'll be pleased to know there's other football lovers in here too;)

ellen_
03-03-2009, 12:36 PM
Hi Eimear ;)

Ellen:wavey::hug: Welcome here;) We're a nice bunch here,you got that right;) Hey,I didn't know you loved Gilles. You'll fit in perfectly here;)

:awww:all this love for me I'm all emotional now.

Ellen PS:secret: You'll be pleased to know there's other football lovers in here too;)

There are still a couple of things you don't know about me, Di :angel: I've always liked him, for his tennis because I didn't know much more about him, but I totally fell in love at the end of last season. I love that he's so down to earth, honest, funny, nice, ... incredibly cute :p And the best part is that he doesn't even realize all of that himself :hearts:

Football lovers? :eek: :hug:

Masha91
03-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Hi again Ellen, you've got good taste in players!

Nichele Hull
03-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi guys I'm Nichele and I'm a big fan of Simon. I just love that fight and detrimination not to lose.I hate when he gets so down on himself when he loses.I always want to give him a big :hug:
I forgot Allez France!

Eimear O'Mahony
03-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Yup Ellen. I'm one of said football lovers :lol:

patch55
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I suppose I should take the time to introduce myself since I have been lurking here for months. Hi my name is Brittany. And Gilles is one of my favorites! By the way you are all very hilarious. I always laugh when I read the threads in here.

Eimear O'Mahony
03-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Welcome Brittany. There's some funny people here that's for sure ... hope we get to hear more from you and feel free to join in the fun :) I'm Eimear btw :wavey:

ellen_
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Wow, a lot of coming-outs today :p Hi Nichele and Brittany :wavey:

Brownie
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi Ellen, Nichele, and Brittany:wavey: I'm Lauren. Welcome:)

patch55
03-03-2009, 06:35 PM
Wow, a lot of coming-outs today :p Hi Nichele and Brittany :wavey:

Hi, I recognize you from lurking over at the Ernests forums. But it's true I saw so many people introducing themselves so I decided to jump on the bandwagon.