Toni Nadal - We don't know if we're going to Shangai [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Toni Nadal - We don't know if we're going to Shangai

Damn
10-31-2008, 07:59 PM
Toni Nadal has just said in an interview (source: Cadena SER, Spanish radio) that he don't know if they're gonna play the Masters Cup. Probably not, he said, but he hasn't lost the hope yet.

l_mac
10-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Rafa said probably yes in his interview.

Toni should shut up.

That said, I don't care if he skips TMC.

scarecrows
10-31-2008, 08:27 PM
the same Toni that said Rafa wont be able to finish the match against LaLo in Madrid?

Castafiore
10-31-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm never too fond of TMC. Only rarely lives up to its reputation so SKIP IT, Rafa.

Lopaka
10-31-2008, 08:41 PM
Score one more vote for Rafa not playing TMC. Half the tournament is dress-up and the remainder is so-so exhibition tennis. Sure wish Team Nadal would get their stories coordinated. Benito must be sleeping on the job.

GuiroNl
10-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Quite literally a knee-jerk.

Cloudygirl
10-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Uncle Toni talks crap.

I'm believing the Rafa version. Rafa will at least show up.

Aenea
10-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Useless tournament. Skip it Rafa.

After last year interview Toni gave to some spanish newspaper talking about Rafa's knee injury I don't believe him anymore.

elessar
11-01-2008, 02:00 AM
Same crap as always from Toni...I love the use of the pronouns "they" and "we" as if he's going to be the one fighting on the court.

And :lol: at everyone thinking it's a glorified exhibition :hug: maybe Rafito will win it one day.

Aenea
11-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Same crap as always from Toni...I love the use of the pronouns "they" and "we" as if he's going to be the one fighting on the court.

And :lol: at everyone thinking it's a glorified exhibition :hug: maybe Rafito will win it one day.

Are you implying I (we) think TMC is a crap tourney only because Rafa hasn't won it :rolleyes: He hasn't won either AO or USO but I still think they are great tournaments and I'd like to see him winning them. And there are tournaments that Rafa has won but I still think they are highly overrated. Rafa winning or not winning a tournament doesn't change my opinion on it.

Laba
11-01-2008, 10:31 AM
It would be great for Rafa if Toni stopped feeding this kinda crap to the media so often. :o

Castafiore
11-01-2008, 10:34 AM
And :lol: at everyone thinking it's a glorified exhibition
:rolleyes: Yeah, right...everyone thinks that. You're projecting the line of thinking of Fedtards but this doesn't apply to Rafatards :ras: :p

l_mac
11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
Only one person said that, Claire :rolleyes:

shawshank
11-01-2008, 11:36 AM
I don't know why some of you say that Masters Cup is not so important. Rafa has already won DC, and as a big fan of Nadal I would like him to win everything at least once. For me it is obvious that I would prefer him to win Shanghai rather than Davis Cup. I remember how happy I was when he won Wimby and Olympic Gold Medal. One of the reasons why I was so happy was the fact that he won it for the first time in his life. Now he can do the same at Masters Cup.

Foxy
11-01-2008, 04:02 PM
I don't know why some of you say that Masters Cup is not so important. Rafa has already won DC, and as a big fan of Nadal I would like him to win everything at least once. For me it is obvious that I would prefer him to win Shanghai rather than Davis Cup. I remember how happy I was when he won Wimby and Olympic Gold Medal. One of the reasons why I was so happy was the fact that he won it for the first time in his life. Now he can do the same at Masters Cup.

I second that.
But winning Davis Cup twice is not that bad too! ;)

tennisace21
11-02-2008, 01:15 AM
Skip Shanghai, we want another DC.

ellen_
11-02-2008, 10:33 AM
Toni has been wrong before ;) I think he likes a bit of sensation. We (in Belgian media) got an article about Rafa and Roger friday, saying their participation in Shanghai is not in danger. Rafa normally leaves on Tuesday, but if the pain in his knee isn't over completely he'll stay a couple more days in Europe.

FedFan_2007
11-02-2008, 03:24 PM
I hope Rafa makes it to Shanghai, another semi with Fed would be fantastic!

SomL.
11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Now, Does Rafa make an decision to play TMC or not ?

jaybee
11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
And just like that everyone hates Toni Nadal. I hope you all can keep this up when Rafa starts winning again.

MariaV
11-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I don't hate Toni Nadal. :shrug:

Castafiore
11-03-2008, 11:25 AM
:scratch: I don't hate or dislike Toni Nadal either. ;)

ellen_
11-03-2008, 11:37 AM
And just like that everyone hates Toni Nadal. I hope you all can keep this up when Rafa starts winning again.

Where does that come from? :) How can a Rafa fan hate Toni? We all know what uncle Toni did/does for Rafa. Sorry but I don't think you can make that statement when you're only based on previous posts.

Aenea
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Now, Does Rafa make an decision to play TMC or not ?

From his official website

Shanghai
Rafa will spend the next couple of days at home resting a bit and will wait till Monday or Tuesday to make a decision on wether or not he will go to Shanghai.

Any other comments or reports made by the media in regards to this matter are not official and once we have a final decision it will be posted here. That is as far as we can comment at the moment.

Thanks for all of your support and hope you enjoy Rafa's latest Time Force commercial in the mean time.

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/home

Xristos
11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Hope he plays.