Nole at The Masters Cup - Shanghai Surprise? 2008 Champion! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nole at The Masters Cup - Shanghai Surprise? 2008 Champion!

Pages : [1] 2 3

kalisita
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Can Nole win a match? Can he play a good tounrament? Can he end the season on a high note?

Good news: He only has to win 1 match to improve last years results.
Bad news: Field will be very strong.

Good news: He's looking/playing better this year than he did this time last year.
Bad news: Still not where he (and we) want him to be.

Good news: Already said he was very motivated to do well (and not that motivated in Bercy.)
Bad news: Was also very motivated last year and didn't go well.

So I say: Be Optimitic!

Ajde Nole! Hope he get a good group and enjoys being in Shanghai for the last Masters Cup held there. :)

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 09:59 PM
For those of us whose glass is half-empty right now, at least in terms of optimism, please could you define a good group for the present Nole from the current likely final eight.

Cos I don't think I can.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 10:12 PM
For those of us whose glass is half-empty right now, at least in terms of optimism, please could you define a good group for the present Nole from the current likely final eight.

Cos I don't think I can.

Nadal, Davydenko, Del Potro. As opposed to Federer, Roddick, Simon/Nalbandian/Tsonga/Blake

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 10:19 PM
OK - I'll give you Davy. Curtains with any of the rest though.:D

We had better develop a taste for gallows humour fast.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 10:21 PM
OK - I'll give you Davy. Curtains with any of the rest though.:D

We had better develop a taste for gallows humour fast.

Remember, Del Potro is half-lame.

Also, Davydenko may just be finding form in Paris. He's currently beating the crap out of Berdych. But, I'd take him over Roddick. I'd also prefer Nadal over Fed since Nadal's form is waning while Fed is playing the best he's played all season.

And I'm with you with the gallows humor part. I mean, the only two matches he's won in the last two tournaments were by retirements.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 10:27 PM
:rolls: Davy is currently leading 4-0

Ahem - we were saying....

njnetswill
10-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh Nole. :o

At least you'll never be as hopeless as some players I support, like Karolina Sprem. :spit:

savesthedizzle
11-01-2008, 02:30 AM
Oh Nole. :o

At least you'll never be as hopeless as some players I support, like Karolina Sprem. :spit:

You support Sprem? :awww: :hug:

I truly hope he does not become that hopeless :awww:

Okonsky
11-01-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm afraid this year is over...maybe one win by accident and that's it. OK, life goes on, he will be back on track.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I've heard some of non-Serbs here likes to say they know Serbian caracter, temperament, inat ...better than Serbs. Please, don't be pedofile(s). It's illegal.

kalisita
11-03-2008, 08:42 PM
Well, Nadal has officially withdrawn from Shanghai. That means that Nole will be the #2 seed at the tournament.

Does anyone know for sure when the draw will be? I can't find any info on the official site. I read in an ESPN article about Nadal withdrawing that it would be Wednesday. But, it was written kind of in passing and no time was given. It doesn't seem like the official site is very informative, which I hate. :mad: Though, I did find out that the first match will be a singles match played on Sunday at 2 pm in Shanghai.

Also, does anyone know when Nole will arrive?

*Ljubica*
11-03-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, Nadal has officially withdrawn from Shanghai. That means that Nole will be the #2 seed at the tournament.

Does anyone know for sure when the draw will be? I can't find any info on the official site. I read in an ESPN article about Nadal withdrawing that it would be Wednesday. But, it was written kind of in passing and no time was given. It doesn't seem like the official site is very informative, which I hate. :mad: Though, I did find out that the first match will be a singles match played on Sunday at 2 pm in Shanghai.

Also, does anyone know when Nole will arrive?

I know the first match is at 2.00pm on Sunday, because our live TV coverage starts at 6.00am on Sunday morning (UK time), but more than that I really don't know :shrug: I heard the draw was on Wednesday too, but haven't really gone onto the official site to check it all out yet. As far as I'm aware, most of the European players (Federer and Murray for example) are leaving home tomorrow, so they have 4 days to acclimatise before play starts, so I guess Nole will be the same.

*Ljubica*
11-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Btw kalista - Nole is now safe in the Hotel in Shanghai - he arrived earlier today :)

zsanika
11-04-2008, 05:55 PM
Nole is already in Shanghai?
Has anybody picture or story interview.. or any??

*Ljubica*
11-04-2008, 07:58 PM
Nole is already in Shanghai?
Has anybody picture or story interview.. or any??

I know his arrival was shown on Chinese TV - but I don't have a link to any story or YouTube video yet :shrug: Hopefully later on.

arm
11-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Now that I am back, I have to be me again. :D So here it goes.

The only reason why Nole hasn't... humm :scratch: ... been Nole lately is because I haven't watched a single match of his since the USO. :o I am not proud, but I do have a lot of excuses. And I so wish I had watched every single match of his :inlove:... But I just coundn't.

Anyway, what I mean is, now that I am back for good, have internet and cable tv at home, I WILL watch every match, and he WILL win all of them. :D :bounce: Hear me Nole? :bounce:

Ajde!!! :rocker:

*Ljubica*
11-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Now that I am back, I have to be me again. :D So here it goes.

The only reason why Nole hasn't... humm :scratch: ... been Nole lately is because I haven't watched a single match of his since the USO. :o I am not proud, but I do have a lot of excuses. And I so wish I had watched every single match of his :inlove:... But I just coundn't.

Anyway, what I mean is, now that I am back for good, have internet and cable tv at home, I WILL watch every match, and he WILL win all of them. :D :bounce: Here me Nole? :bounce:

Ajde!!! :rocker:

:rolls: Raquel :worship: You have been much missed my dear - by all of us here AND by Nole :awww: Welcome back :hug:

arm
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
:rolls: Raquel :worship: You have been much missed my dear - by all of us here AND by Nole :awww: Welcome back :hug:

Rooosiieeeeee :hug: You can't possibly imagine how much I missed you and this place. :awww:

Nole winning TMS would be the ultimate proof of my influence on him when I am watching, wouldn't it? :D

Running:Free
11-04-2008, 08:48 PM
Pictures of Arrival in Shanghai:

http://i35.tinypic.com/15rfbcj.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/fd6a9d.jpg

I cannot be anymore :inlove:

arm
11-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks Timmy. :inlove:

This may sound really awkward, and please Herdwick do not misunderstand me :devil:, but I am "Nole starving". I seriously need to watch a match of his and just :drool: and :inlove:.

:bounce:

*Ljubica*
11-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Timmy :worship: Thank you. Great photos.

Raquel :lol: Why on earth would Herdwick misunderstand you? :tape: :angel: And - don't worry - TMC starts on Sunday, so not long to wait! We have TV coverage here in the UK (not sure about you in Portugal), but there are bound to be loads of livestreams for such an important event.

Herdwick
11-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Evening - I'm here but it's Champions League night remember.

What a night we're having! Chelsea being stuffed 3-0 away to Roma and Raquel is back! :bounce: :bounce: Helloooooooooo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SESr9D5Gd7A

Still lusting gently from the earlier photos too...

arm
11-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Why would Herdwick misunderstand me? :rolleyes: :lol: I guess it's just because she is Herdwick. :lol: I miss her too. :hug: How is she? On holidays? :hug:

I have coverage, no worries, everything is undercontrol. ;)

EDIT: Herdwick!!!!! :D You're here! How are you? :D My team should be winning by now. :awww: I am watching the match. :)

Herdwick
11-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm :bounce: - Nole's recent trials notwithstanding. Sporting(?) were still drawing 0-0 last time I looked.

Enjoying medical school? How are the dissection classes going? :D

:inlove: at photos in Shanghai

*Ljubica*
11-04-2008, 09:21 PM
Evening - I'm here but it's Champions League night remember.

What a night we're having! Chelsea being stuffed 3-0 away to Roma and Raquel is back! :bounce: :bounce: Helloooooooooo

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SESr9D5Gd7A

Still lusting gently from the earlier photos too...

Champions League :spit: I am trying really hard to forget - though Alex makes that difficult with his endless boring footbal, on the TV :rolleyes: I just have to keep on looking at the Nole photos to retain some balance :)

Herdwick
11-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Which thread are we on? I am getting dizzy - it's like one of those games where you have hit things with mallets which pop out of holes.

Chelsea have got a goal back btw and Deco has been sent off. Am going back to the abyss.

arm
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Sporting scored :woohoo:

Med School is great. :D A lot of word, :awww: but great. :D I am enjoying my time here.

But party time is over now, it's time to study now. :lol:

How about you? How was Granada? Did you make it to sevilha? :hug:

11-04-2008, 09:25 PM
:hearts: / :inlove: is all I'm capable of right now, so please forgive any incoherency.

:wavey: :hug:

Herdwick
11-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Hmm yes medical students really do need to work here; masses of rote learning as well as practical stuff. You wait...

No Seville - it's still on the list. Granada was great thanks but we went to Madrid too! JP had bought tickets for a surprise.

kalisita
11-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Red Group: Federer, Murray, Roddick, Simon

Gold Group: Djokovic, Davydenko, Tsonga, Del Potro

At least he avoided Murray. I guess Tsonga is better than Roddick since there is no "bad blood" there. And Simon is probably in better shape than Del Potro at the moment. So I guess it's a good draw. :)(:shrug:)

kalisita
11-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Sunday's order of play is on the ATP site. Assuming it's correct, Nole will be the first to play. He will play Del Potro at 2 pm Shanghai time. So that'll be 7 am CET, 1 am EST in US.

*Ljubica*
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Sunday's order of play is on the ATP site. Assuming it's correct, Nole will be the first to play. He will play Del Potro at 2 pm Shanghai time. So that'll be 7 am CET, 1 am EST in US.

Which is good as at least it's still Sunday and not a weekday, so I can see his first match :) Ajde Nole!

arm
11-05-2008, 03:32 PM
why on earth isn't Nadal playing Shangai? :eek::eek:

I really need tennis updates. :awww:

*Ljubica*
11-05-2008, 03:46 PM
why on earth isn't Nadal playing Shangai? :eek::eek:

I really need tennis updates. :awww:

He retired injured from Paris - something to do with his knees. He says he withdrew from TMC because the knees are still sore, though many people think it's just because he's playing in the DC Final in Argentina just a week after TMC, and he would rather be fully fit and rested for Davis Cup, than risk aggravating the injury in the TMC and not being able to take part. No idea which is the correct reason (:secret: and being a b*tch I could care even less - would far rather see Simon in Shanghai anyway :angel:).

arm
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Thanks Rose :hug:

I knew he retired in paris but I never thought he would choose not to play TMC, it's such an important tournament. :shrug:

*Ljubica*
11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Thanks Rose :hug:

I knew he retired in paris but I never thought he would choose not to play TMC, it's such an important tournament. :shrug:

Well I guess it depends on which way you look at it :shrug: Maybe he feels that winning DC for the team and for his country is more important :shrug: Spain sure as hell won't have a chance to win in Argentina without him, so if he genuinely IS injured, then he might feel he was letting everyone down if he did anything to jeopardise his appearance there :shrug:

Herdwick
11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Don't forget the DC - he'd rather win that I guess and I'd rather he did.

Anyway, so first match Sunday - good. I think I may be struck down with something nasty Tuesday morning.:devil:

*Ljubica*
11-05-2008, 04:19 PM
Don't forget the DC - he'd rather win that I guess and I'd rather he did.

Anyway, so first match Sunday - good. I think I may be struck down with something nasty Tuesday morning.:devil:

I guess you will catch it from me as I was thinking the same :angel:

Tess Gray
11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Hi Guys, thought I'd pop it to wish Nole good luck against JMDP:D Haven't been around lately but wanted to wish him good luck. Hopefully it'll be better than last year:lol: not that it can be that much worse :o

As for Rafa: I'd rather see him win DC than TMC. He'll have more chance winning DC anyway:)

Herdwick
11-05-2008, 07:49 PM
:wavey: Evening all

11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
The draw couldn't be any simpler for Nole. I'm glad that he gets to go on court first, and that too against Del Potro, which should be a good match-up. Prepping myself to enjoy it, regardless of how Nole plays.

1 am EST in US.

Saturday night, right? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
11-05-2008, 08:07 PM
The draw couldn't be any simpler for Nole. I'm glad that he gets to go on court first, and that too against Del Potro, which should be a good match-up. Prepping myself to enjoy it, regardless of how Nole plays.

I think EST is 5 hours behind us here in the UK - so would be 1.00am Saturday night/Sunday morning for you :)

kalisita
11-05-2008, 08:08 PM

Right. :)

*Raine
11-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Which is good as at least it's still Sunday and not a weekday, so I can see his first match :) Ajde Nole!

That's great Rose. :D

Even though 2 pm in Shanghai is also 2 pm here, I won't be able to watch his first match because we are going out of town.

Cheer Nole for me :bigclap:

*Ljubica*
11-06-2008, 03:30 PM
That's great Rose. :D

Even though 2 pm in Shanghai is also 2 pm here, I won't be able to watch his first match because we are going out of town.

Cheer Nole for me :bigclap:

Don't worry - I will :D And have a great weekend!

kalisita
11-08-2008, 04:13 PM
It seems that the funny/odd/inappropriate questions that have become the norm in Shanghai pressers have already begun. Someone on the WTA/Tennis site (lilinshan) translated this exchange:

Shanghai Tennis Master Cup

Journalist: If, I mean if, the three beauties, Sharapova, Ivanovic and Jankovic unluckily fall into water at the same time, which beauty would you choose to save first?

Novak: Pushing the three beauties into water, you just made a huge trouble, I would do my utmost to save the three.(laugh)

Great answer to a stupid question Nole! :yeah:

njnetswill
11-08-2008, 06:34 PM
:haha: Novak :yeah:

*Ljubica*
11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Just wanted to come here to say a big AJDE NOLE for tomorrow.

Because it will be so early in the morning here (6.00am) I may not come online, but just crawl out of bed, curl up on the couch, and watch it on TV whilst still half asleep :o But whether I'm online or not - I will always be cheering for Novak 100% :rocker:and will be on here later :D

Good luck Nole :hug:

arm
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
6 am :eek: :help:

any live streams?

Herdwick
11-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Evening - still celebrating Arsenal (:nerner: Raine) and several(hic) beers to the good.

Shall be here at 6am GMT...and gentlemen in England soon a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us...

Not that I am given to overstatement.

kalisita
11-08-2008, 09:56 PM
6 am :eek: :help:

any live streams?

Haven't found any yet. Hopefully there will be some as it gets closer. FSN where I am in the US isn't showing any matches live. :mad:

Herdwick
11-08-2008, 10:10 PM
Evening America - euphoria abated yet?

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Somebody posted this in GM. It is in Chinese and I have no idea if you need to pay for it or not.

http://living.smgbb.cn/tmc/live/2008-11-06/2623.html

Also, you can keep your eye on this thread for the updates :

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?p=7815822#post7815822

And this one:

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=133837

Good luck to Novak
He looked very relaxed and having fun judging by those pictures from the show. Or maybe he was just tipsy. Novak, Please don't lose from Del Potro. Please, pleassssseeee

MagicMilan
11-09-2008, 02:50 AM
it's about time Nole gets back to his best, this is just a perfect place to shine again
ajde :D

Scotso
11-09-2008, 03:14 AM
I only get coverage of the doubles. :sobbing: Stupid @#^%ing FSN! :fiery:

ajde Nole! :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
11-09-2008, 03:15 AM

Me too :awww:

Scotso
11-09-2008, 03:17 AM
We should really raise and army and annihilate FSN. They have been almost as bad as Mr. Disney for tennis fans everywhere. Though part of the blame has to lie with the Tennis Channel, I realize they're not loaded but how much money would FSN possibly be willing to pay for the TMC? I can't imagine it would be much.

kalisita
11-09-2008, 04:44 AM
We should really raise and army and annihilate FSN. They have been almost as bad as Mr. Disney for tennis fans everywhere. Though part of the blame has to lie with the Tennis Channel, I realize they're not loaded but how much money would FSN possibly be willing to pay for the TMC? I can't imagine it would be much.

I think it's actually ESPNs fault. They didn't want MC anymore and since the Tennis Channel is thrown in with them, it means FSN is all that was left. It's pretty depressing actually. :sad: We have delayed coverage where I am, which will be edited to fit the time allotted no doubt. I hate watching matches that are already over. I can't not find out the outcome before watching.

Does anyone actually have live coverage? It especially sucks because here FSN is showing like repeats of sport roundup shows or crap like that instead of live tennis. It's stupid. People that are into tennis will stay up and watch. Even if they repeated it during the day, you'd think they'd show live events over stupid repeats. :mad: :sad:

Scotso
11-09-2008, 05:04 AM
At least you do get coverage. :p

You would think. But logic and networks usually do not mix.

Jelena_78
11-09-2008, 06:05 AM
:wavey: everyone!! :)

Me too :awww:

Really?? :awww::hug: :hug:

7am Sunday morning and I feel gooooooooood! Idemoooooooooo!!! :rocker2:

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 06:06 AM
hi guys! i'm gonna join you for match chatter :)

here's a link to a live stream - http://www.justin.tv/lev_4

not sure on the new outfit. though a change is always nice!

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 06:07 AM
Morning all :wavey:

Nervous?

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 06:13 AM
yes i am. but not sure if it's nervousness for nole or for my exam tomorrow!

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 06:15 AM
Good Morning all :wavey:
I am nervous. It's been tough recently
C'mon Nole :rocker2:

kalisita
11-09-2008, 06:16 AM
Morning all :wavey:

Nervous?

Good morning to you too. :wavey:

I'm definitely nervous. More nervous than I should really be when you consider I don't actually know anyone who is playing.

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Do we know if the parents are there?

kalisita
11-09-2008, 06:20 AM
Do we know if the parents are there?

Have not heard one way or the other.

The scoreboard is ahead of the match. I like when that happens. :)

kalisita
11-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Break! Now, keep focused (and cut out the "easy" misses)!

I think this board is acting up again! :mad:

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 06:34 AM
Yes! JMDP is looking rather limited thus far. Reminds me of a giraffe.

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Break! Now, keep focused (and cut out the "easy" misses)!

I think this board is acting up again! :mad:

This is the regular back up time. Hopefully, it will be over soon.

kalisita
11-09-2008, 06:47 AM
Yes! JMDP is looking rather limited thus far. Reminds me of a giraffe.

Don't underestimate giraffes. They can be vicious. ;)

See? He looked out of it and now the first signs of trouble.

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 06:49 AM
:banghead:

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 06:51 AM
wow great point!

kalisita
11-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Oh, crap. Drop shots. Crap game here. Pull it out!

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 06:54 AM
Ye gods - that was unnecessarily painful...

kalisita
11-09-2008, 06:55 AM
Good hold finally!

Hopefully, Del Potro will be depressed by not breaking there. :devil:

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Ye gods - that was unnecessarily painful...

Indeed. Some good shots though

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:00 AM
Oh, now he has to serve it out. That makes me very nervous now lately. :scared:

Come on Nole!

Medina
11-09-2008, 07:01 AM
http://www.goicotv.com.ar/deportes1.html

a good link. :) for all my other nole fans :)

Medina
11-09-2008, 07:02 AM
0-30 :help: stupid errors

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:04 AM
0-30 :help: stupid errors

His nerves aren't what they used to be. :sad:

Crap. DF to give BP. :eek:

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Ahhh That Stupid Drop Shot!!

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 07:05 AM
:explode:

He really has lost his nerve badly

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:06 AM
And the drop shot of death to give the break back. :banghead:

Oh, why are all his matches like this now?

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:06 AM
His best shot :rolleyes: on the break point :smash:

Medina
11-09-2008, 07:09 AM
im sick of that shot. cant realy on it :sad: under pressure

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:10 AM
I went from being optimistic all day to thinking this is going to be another nightmare tournament where Nole loses to people he has no business losing to. :sad:

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:11 AM
there it is again. WHY?

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:11 AM
There he goes again

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Thank god that smash landed in the court this time

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:14 AM
Thank god that smash landed in the court this time

That is now how low the bar has become. Oh, my.

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:14 AM
3 doubles already :S

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Well he held. :) But now it seems a TB is on the horizon. :scared:

Let's hope he wins this set and gets his energy back up. :)

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
He started good and confident. Where did he go?

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:18 AM
3 doubles already :S

I know. His serve is getting worse as the match goes on. And sitting on the bench, he looks down in the dumps. He's either real focused/up or frustrated/down.

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:20 AM
He started good and confident. Where did he go?

It doesn't seem to take much nowadays to shake it. Once he loses that initial confidence it's hard for him to get it back as well.

Crap. From 0-30 to 30 All.

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:22 AM
WOOO! he did it!

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:22 AM
Yesssss!

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Thank heavens!

But if he plays like this against anyone else here he will get slaughtered.

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Alright Novak! :bigclap::bigclap: Great defense!

Now, he has the momentum going into 2nd set. Please let him build on it!

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:25 AM
For his first match, it is not that bad. He always has a hard time in his first match, even with much worse opponents.

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Thank heavens!

But if he plays like this against anyone else here he will get slaughtered.

Yes, but got to hope he'll build on this and gain confidence and all that good stuff. :)

This next set should be a good indication of what's to come.
edit: Hopefully, not more DFs. #4 already, serving at 51%. Not good at all.

Medina
11-09-2008, 07:28 AM
1-0

off to a good start :)

Medina
11-09-2008, 07:31 AM
got to love that shot..

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:38 AM
ahh nole. watching your matches now give me anxiety.

~Maya~
:mad:

Herdwick
Maintain momentum did someone say? Ho hum...

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:39 AM
And broken. Not the way to carry momentum. He's first serve percentage keeps getting lower. 51% in first set, 36% in second. :o Which means under 50 for the match. :o:o

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 07:44 AM
Good man - that's better.

ellewoods
and with a little help from del potro...

~Maya~
:d

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Alrighty. Back on serve. :) Now, need first serves.

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Why is he frigging yelling now?
Don't get frustrated Nole

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:47 AM
Alrighty. Back on serve. :) Now, need first serves.

he majorly needs those first serves!

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:47 AM
That was nice for 15 all. But why does he looks so pissed off?

Stop showing your frustration on court Novak!

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:49 AM
Drop shot:o

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:51 AM
not even surprised at this stage. loved when that statistic came on screen

drop errors:
djokovic 4
del potro 0

never seen that stat used before. really emphasises how poorly he is using them today

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Drop shot:o

He must like making it harder on himself and on us. :D

Finally held with an ace! Hopefully more of those to come.

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
Has Del Potro even attempted a drop shot?

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Has Del Potro even attempted a drop shot?

dont think so. and hence, no errors!

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Damm these linesmen. :devil: Now, I mean it since it's back to deuce.

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 07:59 AM
You prat - learn to place your volleys FFS!!!!!

Medina
11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
how unlucky nolle

Medina
11-09-2008, 08:00 AM
Nole, wtf was that shot. gave him the point :rolleyes:

kalisita
11-09-2008, 08:01 AM
And now Del Potro had held. :sad:

Need an easy hold here!

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Need an easy hold here!

:bowdown:

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 08:07 AM
First passing shot :bigclap:

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Best game he's played, bar that forehand into the net.

kalisita
11-09-2008, 08:09 AM
3 great points to get to triple BP. :worship:

Come on Nole!

And the break! Now, serve this out without problem!

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Ajde Nole. Serve it out

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 08:13 AM
:bounce: Thank you - no wooden spoon this year.

Scotso
11-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Nole :rocker2:

Nice win.

ellewoods
11-09-2008, 08:14 AM
yay! he gave me my wish of winning one match! he's improved on last year :D

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 08:15 AM
First win in TMC :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

kalisita
11-09-2008, 08:15 AM
That's right! Won a match in Shanghai! In straights! Leading the group!(I know it's early, but so what? It's true.)

:bounce::woohoo::bounce::woohoo::bounce:

I'm so glad I stayed up now! :)

MagicMilan
11-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Finally :D

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 08:24 AM
Now come on Davy - make my day.

~Maya~
11-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Davydenko :rocker2:

Björki
11-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Nole :) :yeah:

kalisita
11-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Now come on Davy - make my day.

Not looking good. :sad:

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Sad but true - good match though

Nadie
11-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Nole :yeah:

arm
11-09-2008, 10:50 AM
:woohoo:

Well done Nole, now you only have to win 5 more matches. ;) :hug:

Davy! :D

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Day duly made! Davy you beauty! Thank you :bounce: :woohoo:

Fantastic match too.

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Nole :hug: Many congrats! I thoroughly enjoyed the match - despite getting up at 6.00am on a Sunday for the privelage :rolleyes: I thought he played extremely well (despite the blip when serving for the 1st set :rolleyes: ), and seemed more focussed than of late. Also kudos to JMDP - he is so much better than he was a couple of years ago - a great improvement and congrats to him.

Only saw the end of JWT/Kolya, as I admit to going back to bed after Nole's match :o But I've recorded the match so will watch it now :) Kolya and our Nole going through to the next stages would suit me just fine :)

And reading back through this thread, and seeing the comments made just before and during the match really made me smile :) Herdwick's Shakesperean quotes, and Kalista's classic "never underestimate giraffes, they can be vicious" comment. Not sure I've ever seen a vicious giraffe before :lol: Elle - I absolutely :inlove: the black, and Medina - welcome here :hatoff: Jelena, Jess, Milan, Scott - :wavey: to you all!

:bounce: AJDE NOLE :bounce:

11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
The GODDAMN alarm woke me up at 5 instead of 1 :banghead: :banghead: Almost fell out of bed, rushing to the scores :sobbing:

Other than, I'm supremely glad that he won :D Some of the comments about the DS (:rolleyes:) made me :lol: Now, does anyone know whether TC is going to have a repeat? :o

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 12:32 PM
The GODDAMN alarm woke me up at 5 instead of 1 :banghead: :banghead: Almost fell out of bed, rushing to the scores :sobbing:

Other than, I'm supremely glad that he won :D Some of the comments about the DS (:rolleyes:) made me :lol: Now, does anyone know whether TC is going to have a repeat? :o

:awww: Timmy - what a shame - but at least you found at that he won when you checked the scores :D

Sory I can't help you with the TC schedule - we don't have it at all here in Europe.

As for the "drop shot of death":bolt: :help:

savesthedizzle
11-09-2008, 02:28 PM
*sigh* I'm so annoyed that I have no coverage. I feel like I haven't had coverage of a Nole win in a long time :armed: so frustrating!!!

Glad he won :) I like JMDP too though... but he can now feel free to win his remaining two matches now that he's lost this one :rolls:

11-09-2008, 02:28 PM
Yea, Rose - The schedule is going to be brutal for those in the West, especially during the weekdays. I hope I can catch at least one match on time :unsure: :p

From ATPMSTV - http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Shanghai/Interviews/0,,11444~1447862,00.html - Two Interviews:

-Preview for the tournament: Wearing a suit with a blue tie, Nole looks like a small kid :lol: Also, it seemed like he was stoned, so sleepy that his eyes were drooping off :p :hug:
-After the match vs. JMDP: Looks a lot more awake, not slurring his words anymore :rolls: Says he's excited, hasn't been playing many matches, wants to be on court more, and win :yeah:

Sunset of Age
11-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Hi Nole Folks :wavey:

Just popped in to say CONGRATS to Nole and you all. Good to see him pulling off ths win - it was about time! :)

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Yea, Rose - The schedule is going to be brutal for those in the West, especially during the weekdays. I hope I can catch at least one match on time :unsure: :p

From ATPMSTV - http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Shanghai/Interviews/0,,11444~1447862,00.html - Two Interviews:

-Preview for the tournament: Wearing a suit with a blue tie, Nole looks like a small kid :lol: Also, it seemed like he was stoned, so sleepy that his eyes were drooping off :p :hug:
-After the match vs. JMDP: Looks a lot more awake, not slurring his words anymore :rolls: Says he's excited, hasn't been playing many matches, wants to be on court more, and win :yeah:

:awww: Thanks Timmy - he looks sooooo cute in the first one - but, as you say - so tired :zzz: His eyes look gorgeous though OK - fangirl moment over :o Thanks for posting them :hug:

star
11-09-2008, 02:45 PM
:wavey: Everyone.

I sort of put tennis on the back burner during the indoor season. I just cant watch indoor tennis,:)

But I was thrilled to see Djokovic won agains Del Potro. I'm rooting for him to win.

arm
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM

I have 3 words and 2 smiles for this:

Oh my god. :inlove: :lick:

That tie... :lol:

cc2monac
11-09-2008, 03:03 PM
congrats to nole on winning his forst match I hope he'll win all the others! best of luck to you nole! win this master!

Okonsky
11-09-2008, 03:09 PM
Back on the track I hope. Inconsistent servise but...nevermind.

:yeah:

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 03:11 PM
:wavey: Misha

star
11-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Back on the track I hope. Inconsistent servise but...nevermind.

:yeah:

:hug: Fellow. :)

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
And :wavey: the ever-erudite Star

star
11-09-2008, 03:19 PM
And :wavey: the ever-erudite Star

:lol: :lol:

:hug: :wavey:

11-09-2008, 03:30 PM
That tie... :lol:

Yeah so, I wouldn't mind being the tie http://www.snitchseeker.com/images/smilies/whistling_smile.gif ;)

Stupid_Dream, star - :hatoff:

Someone have any idea how to download videos off of ATPMSTV? :scratch:

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi Nole Folks :wavey:

Just popped in to say CONGRATS to Nole and you all. Good to see him pulling off ths win - it was about time! :)

Thanks Karin - nice to see you here :hug: And thanks for the Rep :)

Star and cc2monac :wavey:

MagicMilan
11-09-2008, 03:55 PM
I've just awaken, slept for almost 7 hours after Nole's match :o
He's still looking shaky but some very good patches, he played a very solid match until 5-2 in the first and after being down 2-1 in the second. It's still a first match in the cup and I think he's very eager to avenge those losses to Jo. It's looking much better for the rest of the tournament IMO :)
:wavey: to all Nole fans

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 04:00 PM
I've just awaken, slept for almost 7 hours after Nole's match :o
He's still looking shaky but some very good patches, he played a very solid match until 5-2 in the first and after being down 2-1 in the second. It's still a first match in the cup and I think he's very eager to avenge those losses to Jo. It's looking much better for the rest of the tournament IMO :)
:wavey: to all Nole fans

LOL :lol: I went back to bed and slept for 3 hours after the match and I thought I was bad enough :o Now you've made me feel much better :hug: Hope your optimism turns out to be correct :)

Herdwick
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
...I think he's very eager to avenge those losses to Jo. It's looking much better for the rest of the tournament...:)

That's what we need to hear :worship:

MagicMilan
11-09-2008, 05:08 PM
LOL :lol: I went back to bed and slept for 3 hours after the match and I thought I was bad enough :o Now you've made me feel much better :hug: Hope your optimism turns out to be correct :)
Well, I hate seeing that "The thread where we all laugh... yada yada yada..." over and over again, it's been too much as of late. I'm not planning on seeing it till the rest of the year :devil:
Though, I must say I haven't been too good with predictions lately :o

That's what we need to hear :worship:
and see :angel:

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 05:11 PM
Well, I hate seeing that "The thread where we all laugh... yada yada yada..." over and over again, it's been to much as of late. I'm not planning on seeing it till the rest of the year :devil:
Though, I must say I haven't been too good with predictions lately :o

and see :angel:

I avoid it simply by not going into GM - it makes my life a good deal less stressful :) Must admit though, there are some posters on MTF that I woud just love to laugh at if Nole wins TMC :angel: Their discomfort and misery would be very pleasing to me :angel: Sadly I can't really see it happening though - but a girl can always dream.

arm
11-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Hey star! :hug: Thanks. :)

And Hi to everyone else :wavey:

*Ljubica*
11-09-2008, 06:05 PM
From Chinese TV - the Opening Ceremony :) Nole appears around 5.48 minutes into the clip.
http://video.sina.com.cn/sports/t/v/2008-11-09/061417485.shtml

Link first posted on Novak's official site :)

kalisita
11-09-2008, 07:23 PM
FSN where I am is now showing MC. :) I guess delayed coverage is better than no coverage. :D

Okonsky
11-09-2008, 10:00 PM
:wavey: Misha

C. *Herdwick* :worship::angel:

Fellow countryman Star :wavey::angel:

11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
:woohoo: kalista, you are a star! :hug: Watching at 4-2 :D

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:05 AM
I read from Chinese web site that during the post match on court interview, Nole said "Thank you" in perfect Chinese and won a round of applaud from the audience.

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 03:13 AM
SI.com mentioned it too. BTW, check what they have written under his picture. :rolls: I wish
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/tennis/11/09/masters.cup.round.robin.ap/index.html
Or maybe they are just trying to jinx him.

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:31 AM
:lol: Well, I don't want a 3 setter, I am greedy. :rolls:

That article didn't mention Tsonga blaming the ballkids adding his exhaustion :tape: He said they didn't bring him the towels fast enough and he had to walk to them for his towel even he was very tired :p

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 03:33 AM
:lol: Well, I don't want a 3 setter, I am greedy. :rolls:

That article didn't mention Tsonga blaming the ballkids adding his exhaustion :tape: He said they didn't bring him the towels fast enough and he had to walk to them for his towel even he was very tired :p

:eek: Where can I read about that? He got spoiled in Paris :rolls:

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:35 AM
:eek: Where can I read about that? He got spoiled in Paris :rolls:

It's from another Chinese article I read.

Here's the link for posters understand Chinese

http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2008-11-09/20494061257.shtml

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:41 AM
OK, I found another link for his post match interview and around 3 minutes into the interview he talked about the towelgate :p

http://video.sina.com.cn/sports/t/v/2008-11-09/213317511.shtml

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 03:43 AM
It's from another Chinese article I read.

Here's the link for posters understand Chinese

http://sports.sina.com.cn/t/2008-11-09/20494061257.shtml

:sad: I don't
You now Chinese :bowdown:
If it was during a press conference, then it will show up on the TMC site.

Edit: Thanks for the links

shuhrat
11-10-2008, 03:44 AM
http://video.sina.com.cn/sports/t/v/2008-11-09/064417487.shtml
Interview on Saturday. in the end of the video, about three beauties question :p

http://video.sina.com.cn/sports/t/v/2008-11-09/191117504.shtml
Post match interview on Sunday

njnetswill
11-10-2008, 03:46 AM
Props to Novak for the "xie xie". The difficult part of Chinese is the tones. :yeah:

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:50 AM
:sad: I don't
You now Chinese :bowdown:
If it was during a press conference, then it will show up on the TMC site.

Edit: Thanks for the links

I am Chinese with a Canadian passport and living in US. :p

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 03:53 AM

Really? That makes more sense :angel:

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Interview on Saturday. in the end of the video, about three beauties question :p

Thanks!

Those feedback from the microphones are killing me :(

Lee
11-10-2008, 03:55 AM
Really? That makes more sense :angel:

Makes perfect sense :lol:

PennyThePenguin
11-10-2008, 04:03 AM

confused soul ;)

Lee
11-10-2008, 04:19 AM
confused soul ;)

Not as confused as a penguin wearing a sweater ;)

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 04:29 AM

:lol:

mlove
11-10-2008, 06:13 AM

thank you!
:lol: at the end of the first video. I wonder if he ever answered it.

PennyThePenguin
11-10-2008, 06:18 AM

not true....penguins get cold ya know :ras:

kalisita
11-10-2008, 06:34 AM
thank you!
:lol: at the end of the first video. I wonder if he ever answered it.

Someone from another site translated his answer from a Chinese report. I don't know why they didn't show it on the video. :shrug:

Journalist: If, I mean if, the three beauties, Sharapova, Ivanovic and Jankovic unluckily fall into water at the same time, which beauty would you choose to save first?

Novak: Pushing the three beauties into water, you just made a huge trouble, I would do my utmost to save the three.(laugh)

mlove
11-10-2008, 07:13 AM
Someone from another site translated his answer from a Chinese report. I don't know why they didn't show it on the video. :shrug:

oh, thank you.
He's too much of a gentleman to choose one ;)

shuhrat
11-10-2008, 07:14 AM
"Sharapova, Ivanovic and Jankovic are equally important for Djokovic"
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=362101

he'd probably feign an injury and one of them would have to come out to see if he's ok
WTF! Sharapova is taller than Djokovic.... There are more chances that Maria would save him first!

Herdwick
11-10-2008, 09:04 AM
I read from Chinese web site that during the post match on court interview, Nole said "Thank you" in perfect Chinese and won a round of applaud from the audience.

Am sure he was only doing it to try to get the crowd on his side :devil: Couldn't just be out of courtesy could it...

:eek::rolleyes: Diddums - I am trying to overcome my dislike of this man but he is making difficult.

*Ljubica*
11-10-2008, 10:27 AM

Thank you :)

:rolls: :lol:

kalisita
11-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Nole will play Davydenko in the last match tomorrow. It won't start before 8 pm in Shanghai, which will be 1 pm CET, 7 am EST.

Also, I must say that I'm shocked Federer lost. I watched a little of the match before falling asleep. Fed won the first set and was up a break in the second when I fell alseep and I really couldn't believe it when I found out the result. :eek: I guess I'll have to try to watch FSN's chopped up coverage this afternoon to see what happened.

Herdwick
11-10-2008, 02:20 PM
Thank you. Midday here so nice civilised time for us invalids.

kalisita
11-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Just wanted to point out that after the first round of the tournament Nole is leading not only his group, but the entire tournament. He was the only player to win in straights. :rocker2:

Hey, I know it's early, but, considering how low expectations were going into this event and his form of late, I think that's pretty damm good. :) And I know it'll be very tough against Davydenko tomorrow, but I'm trying to be optimistic (despite how nervous I am :D).

*Ljubica*
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to point out that after the first round of the tournament Nole is leading not only his group, but the entire tournament. He was the only player to win in straights. :rocker2:

Hey, I know it's early, but, considering how low expectations were going into this event and his form of late, I think that's pretty damm good. :) And I know it'll be very tough against Davydenko tomorrow, but I'm trying to be optimistic (despite how nervous I am :D).

:hug: I'm actually nervous already too :awww: But, having said that, I actually like Davydenko, so mentally I'm always less nervous when he plays someone I like, rather than someone I - erm - may not be so keen on :tape: I think Kolya has had a really rough time of it lately, and I can't ever get mad, upset or angry when he wins a match, if that makes sense!

Thank you. Midday here so nice civilised time for us invalids.

Indeed :lol: And I just hope no one that you or I work with, ever lurk on MTF :tape:

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Nole will play Davydenko in the last match tomorrow. It won't start before 8 pm in Shanghai, which will be 1 pm CET, 7 am EST.

Also, I must say that I'm shocked Federer lost. I watched a little of the match before falling asleep. Fed won the first set and was up a break in the second when I fell alseep and I really couldn't believe it when I found out the result. :eek: I guess I'll have to try to watch FSN's chopped up coverage this afternoon to see what happened.

Why does vBookie have Djokovic-Tsonga for the next match? :confused:

kalisita
11-10-2008, 03:12 PM

They must not know what they're talking about. :scratch: The official schedule is out and has Djokovic-Davydenko. Plus, the way MC works is that winners play winners on day 2, losers play losers. And the last day is what's left.

~Maya~
11-10-2008, 03:53 PM
They must not know what they're talking about. :scratch: The official schedule is out and has Djokovic-Davydenko. Plus, the way MC works is that winners play winners on day 2, losers play losers. And the last day is what's left.

:lol: They fixed it

njnetswill
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Simon beating Roger :worship: :woohoo:

Okonsky
11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Roger is injured. Such a shame. I can't stand those French average thing.

OK, hope Novak-Murray final.

kalisita
11-10-2008, 04:52 PM
Transcript from ASAP of post match interview ( http://video.sina.com.cn/sports/t/v/2008-11-09/191117504.shtml )

November 9, 2008
Novak Djokovic
SHANGHAI, CHINA

N. DJOKOVIC/J. Del Potro
7-5, 6-3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. What takes you so long? Have you celebrated in the locker room yet?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I'm happy to win, that's for sure. I'm satisfied. You always need to keep that satisfaction and probably celebrate in your best possible way.
But not too much to celebrate. You know, there's an upcoming difficult matches. I'm still not through to the semifinals.

Q. It was a very intense match. How do you judge the level of the match?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, it was very intense because we are players whose games are based on the baseline. We both are pretty aggressive.
I played really well from the start. I felt good on the court, but then suddenly I just lost the momentum and started serving really bad and had a really low percentage of the first serves.
Then he got back to the game. It was my fault, but I played well in the important moments. I am happy to get through in straight sets.

Q. What was the key? What did you do better than him, in your opinion?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I think I used maybe a little bit of my experience. I was waiting for my opportunities, and I knew that I will have those opportunities sooner or later.
I was returning really well a lot of serves, and he felt probably pressure there. As soon as I had the chance, I stepped in in the court and I made a lot of good winners, important winners.
But, yet again, I had some stretches in important moments when I got the ball back and had some good passing shots.
So, as I said, in important moments I played my best tennis.

Q. Do you realize it is your first victory in the Masters Cup?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I realize (smiling).

Q. How do you feel about that?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I feel good, of course. I was a bit intimidated by the fact of not winning a single match last year, that's for sure.
But this year is different. You know, I feel more confident, stronger player on the court, more matured. So hopefully I can use it in upcoming matches.

Q. You talked about experience just then. Can you sort of tell us a little bit how different it feels this year as opposed to last year.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, it's funny when I say "experience," right? 21 (laughter). But, yes, I've been playing a couple of years on the tour already, and playing a lot of important matches.
This is my second year in the Masters Cup. Even though not winning a single match last year, I gained that probably experience in the Masters Cup, which Del Potro didn't. This is his debut.
Well, I knew that he's not having a lot to lose. He's gonna go for his shots. He made some unforced errors in the important moments, so I used my opportunities wisely. Just hope that I will continue my run.

Q. If I'm right, you are the first player ever to show the Chinese learning ability in front of fans on the court.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: What did I do?

Q. You said thank you in Chinese. How did you learn your Chinese? Is it a new way to sell yourself? We know there are some tensions between you and the American fans, and now you have to get along with the Chinese fans, which is very important because we have the largest amount of fans in the world for tennis because we have the largest population.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Population, yeah, I know that (laughter).

Q. Could you tell something about that.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes. I mean, I am always happy to get back to China. Now, as I said on the court, the fans here are very passionate about this sport and they show a lot of respect and appreciation for players.
I get presents every day I get back to the hotel. It's very nice from them. I really, really appreciate their support.
Regarding the tension between me and American tennis fans, I don't think there is a lot of tension. It's just that maybe there is that situation what happened in US Open. But it was just a small misunderstanding and that's all. It was a lot of emotions played there.
It's a quite important event, but it's passed already. This is something that is part of the sport and part of everybody's life. So I just forgot about it. I'm be happy to get back to the States. It's where I think I made my biggest results in the career.
As I said, Chinese fans give me a lot of support. So for me is a pleasure to play in front of them.

Q. Where did you learn your Chinese?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I didn't learn a lot. A couple of words.
I'm attracted by the languages worldwide, so I try wherever I get to learn a couple of words from the certain language.

Q. Could you compare your opponent with the one you played last time more than one year ago? What is the biggest difference?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: You're talking about Del Potro?

Q. Yes.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, we played in US Open last year. It was a straight-sets win, but he's a different player from back then. He's improved a lot. He's serving better. He's using his height now much more, and he's moving, actually for his height, quite amazing.
He has had great results in last couple of months. He lost only couple of matches in last five, six months, if I'm not mistaken. So pretty aggressive player. He improved a lot, so we can see a lot of him in the future.

Q. You were very clear about the difference of experience between you and Juan Martin. I want to ask you if you think that he's in place of losing the three games as you last year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I don't wish that for him, of course. He's a nice guy. He's one year younger, even though he doesn't look like that (laughter). But, you know, having this experience of course helps you a lot maybe in important moments.
This is something that he's going to gain, of course, in the upcoming period. It's all normal. It's all normal process of the professional tennis.
So, yeah, as I said, I'll be pleased to have more challenges with him in the coming year.

Q. I would like to know your opinion about the Davis Cup final. Do you dare to give a result for the final?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I got that question a couple times in the last couple weeks. I cannot say who's my favorite because it's going to be a very, very difficult match for both of the teams.
But I would say that the Davis Cup is a very special and unique competition. It's quite important to have a home advantage and support of the home fans, so maybe this could help a little bit Argentinians.
But, again, Spain, with the No. 1 of the world, Nadal, coming, you know, it's quite important for the team to have Nadal. You know, it helps a lot.
But we'll see. It's going to be quite interesting.

Q. Which will be the key for you, in your opinion?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: As I said, you know, support probably. But both of the teams want that title a lot. I'm going to be on my vacation when I watch that (laughter).

*Ljubica*
11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Thanks for posting the interview kalista :hug: Nole is always great in his interviews -I love to read and watch them :)

Herdwick
11-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Indeed :lol: And I just hope no one that you or I work with, ever lurk on MTF :tape:

:rolls: In all seriousness this is one of the reasons I never use my real name and keep other details pretty vague. One can't be too careful...

I am fond of Davy and like to see him do well - he gets so much stick. But if Nole doesn't beat him tomorrow then as JWT is guaranteed to beat JMDP (unless of course he's too exhausted by having to pick up his own towel :spit:) Nole will be fighting him for a SF place on Thursday and I would not be optimistic about the outcome.

kalisita
11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
:rolls: In all seriousness this is one of the reasons I never use my real name and keep other details pretty vague. One can't be too careful...

I am fond of Davy and like to see him do well - he gets so much stick. But if Nole doesn't beat him tomorrow then as JWT is guaranteed to beat JMDP (unless of course he's too exhausted by having to pick up his own towel) so Nole will be fighting JWT for a SF place on Friday and I would not be optimistic about the outcome.

Del Potro did win their previous meeting in 2007. I know Tsonga is a different player today, but so is Del Potro. I would favor Tsonga, but I hope that Del Potro wins a set at least (though I really hope he wins!).

Lee
11-10-2008, 07:05 PM

because the real betting sites have the match up ;)

arm
11-10-2008, 07:06 PM
:bounce: I am missing my Biochemestry and Biology class to watch you Nole, so don't you dare lose the match. :rolleyes:

*Ljubica*
11-10-2008, 08:31 PM

I am fond of Davy and like to see him do well - he gets so much stick. But if Nole doesn't beat him tomorrow then as JWT is guaranteed to beat JMDP (unless of course he's too exhausted by having to pick up his own towel :spit:) Nole will be fighting him for a SF place on Thursday and I would not be optimistic about the outcome.

When you put it that way, I guess it's clear enough :) I don't want it all to hinge on Thursday's match anyway - I really can't skive another day off :o

ellewoods
11-10-2008, 11:08 PM
I really want Nole to win against Davydenko for exactly the reason mentioned above...I dont want him to have to play it out against Tsonga because he will be going into that on two straight (recent) losses to the man. Not a good mental state.

Good luck Nole! I dont know how much of the match I can watch as it starts 11pm earlest here in Australia. I have an exam the next day at 9am!!! Why couldn't he have started before Tsonga? The organisers seem to be against me lol.

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 11:23 AM
I really want Nole to win against Davydenko for exactly the reason mentioned above...I dont want him to have to play it out against Tsonga because he will be going into that on two straight (recent) losses to the man. Not a good mental state.

Good luck Nole! I dont know how much of the match I can watch as it starts 11pm earlest here in Australia. I have an exam the next day at 9am!!! Why couldn't he have started before Tsonga? The organisers seem to be against me lol.

:awww: Good luck with the exam anyway.

*Raine
11-11-2008, 12:18 PM
Good luck Novak :D

Off to concentrate on the tv :angel:

zsanika
11-11-2008, 12:23 PM
good luck Nole!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you can do it!!!!!!

11-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Stepanek watching :p Nole, c'mon, break here kid :hug:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
Stepanek watching :p Nole, c'mon, break here kid :hug:

Hi Timmy :wavey: We all seem to be following in the "abyss" thread today if you want to come over :)

redberyl
11-11-2008, 12:46 PM
Pleas don't show your poor drop shot again, dear Nole~~~~~~

zsanika
11-11-2008, 12:46 PM
come on Nole!!come back!!!!!!!!!!!

zsanika
11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
7:6:-)))) Go Go Nole!!!!

ellewoods
11-11-2008, 02:13 PM
:awww: Good luck with the exam anyway.

thank you...i might need it! it's now past 1am and I dont think I can sleep without knowing the outcome of this topsy-turvy match.

zsanika
11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Nole won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks Nole!!!!!!!!!

mlove
11-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Finally!!
:bigclap: :bigclap: :bigclap:

Good job, but what the hell was that 2nd set?

njnetswill
11-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Whew. :)

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Pleas don't show your poor drop shot again, dear Nole~~~~~~

Nole :yeah:

kalisita
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
Nole is now 2-0, 4-1. :) Even though he didn't play his best I do think his mental state was better than it's been. He still showed too much frustration at times and got a little too down, but he really held it together after that second set.

He's in the SFs win or lose against Tsonga on Thursday. :bigclap:

Though, I really hope he wins. :)

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
:bounce: Thanks Nole! Made it worth "throwing a sickie" from work for :lol:

Through to the semis :woohoo:

Chupakabra
11-11-2008, 02:55 PM
That bagel he suffered in the second set... It was terribly scary!:eek:

I hope he won't have such a weak set any more... Gush, it was probably the weakest set he played ever since i had started watching him. :o

But, luckily, he got a grip and managed to win... His mental strength is definitely unshakeable! :angel:

Now it's 100% he will go into the semis... The only good thing for him will be to avoid Andy Murray in the semis.

Sunset of Age
11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Congrats to you and your fellow again, Nole Folks! :hatoff:

Perhaps I will stop congratulating you guys when he takes over the #2 ATP rankings at the end of this week... :lol:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Nice stat I just read on a rare visit to GM :)

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7823776&postcount=7

Evidently, Nole has now reached the semi-final stage or further in every single major event (Grand Slam, Masters and now TMC :) ) A great feat considering his age.

Edit: Karin just pointed out that he hasn't reached semis in Paris Bercy yet :awww: But it's still a great achievment|!

kalisita
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
That bagel he suffered in the second set... It was terribly scary!:eek:

I hope he won't have such a weak set any more... Gush, it was probably the weakest set he played ever since i had started watching him. :o

But, luckily, he got a grip and managed to win... His mental strength is definitely unshakeable! :angel:

Now it's 100% he will go into the semis... The only good thing for him will be to avoid Andy Murray in the semis.

It was a bad set. He only won 9 pts. :o But, he still had more total winners than Davydenko for the match. :) Though he also had way more UEs. :o But, that's kind of a common thing nowadays. :sad: So just be happy for the win.

I must admit I felt bad for Davydenko. And he really did get way tight in important moments. Someone in match thread said this is the first time he lost a match after bageling his opponent in his ATP career.

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 03:15 PM

Perhaps I will stop congratulating you guys when he takes over the #2 ATP rankings at the end of this week... :lol:

Thank you! Today we are happy - not over-much to cheer about recently here. Will be right behind Roger tomorrow and Friday:D

We'll have a face-off on Saturday at this rate though.:scared:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 03:21 PM

Karin :hug: Thanks. But - don't worry - I honestly don't see it happening. Nice of you to stop by anyway - and good luck to Roger tomorrow.

As for the usual suspects/haters in GM :rolls: Their misery makes me :bounce: :angel:

zsanika
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
congrats Nole!this match was very difficult!the 2nd?!omg what happend with Nole?!
He has won the first set and then .. Nole was neurotic..I don't what was it..
But Nole in SF:-)))

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 03:30 PM
Sent a sarcastic message to the one who said Nole called the trainer. Talk about being ruled by your prejudices....

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 03:38 PM
Sent a sarcastic message to the one who said Nole called the trainer. Talk about being ruled by your prejudices....

I thought about that too........... but, to be honest, I don't think he is particularly a "hater" - it was probably a genuine mistake because he was only watching Livescore or something, and had been fuelled by pre-conceived ideas from reading MTF :shrug: There are others though ................ for whom I have no words :tape: I'll let Nole's tennis do the talking!

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 03:39 PM

Who said that? It seems that they deleted the post

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 03:52 PM
Lopez - post number 3 in the result thread. It may not be hate but it's lazy prejudice - and it annoyed me :fiery:

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
Lopez - post number 3 in the result thread. It may not be hate but it's lazy prejudice - and it annoyed me :fiery:

Lopez is not a hater

zsanika
11-11-2008, 03:54 PM
The Australian Open champion Novak Djokovic defeated no.4 seed Russian Nikolay Davydenko in three sets 7:6 (7:3), 0:6, 7:5 in 2 hours and 18 minutes, for his second win in the Gold Group at Tennis Masters Cup in Shanghai and a semifinal spot.

Novak got broken in in the opening game of the match. Davydenko kept the lead until 5:4 when he was serving for the set, but Djokovic managed to break him and equalised to 5:5. The set was decided in tiebreak, Nole won it 7-3.

The Russian won the second set in blistering fashion. He broke Djokovic’s service three times to take it 6:0. Novak’s first service percentage dropped down to 45% and he made lot of errors from the baseline.

Djokovic had two break points in the opening game of the third set, but the Russian held. Davydenko had a chance for break in the next game, but Nole saved it. The second seed made a crucial break in the eleventh game for 6:5 lead, and was confident serving for the match, won it 7:5.

Novak served 6 aces, struck 25 winners, commited 44 unforces errors and converted 2 of 4 break point chances.

His third match in Shanghai will be on Thursday, against the Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, who lost to Juan Martin del Potro earlier today 6:7, 6:7.

This will be their fourth match, Tsonga leads 2:1.

The winner of the match between Nikolay Davydenko and Juan Martin del Potro will be the second semifinalist from the Gold group.

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Lopez is not a hater

Even more worrying then that a neutral perpetrates seditious gossip :devil: :D

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 04:03 PM
:) I am still so damned happy :D Pathetic isn't it? :lol:

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 04:08 PM
To clear Lopez's reputation here - he/she/it made an honest mistake and we have exchanged courteous messages!

Not at all - I am bouncing round my sitting room with Ricky Martin and Take That playing at full blast :rolls: JP has retreated upstairs...

kalisita
11-11-2008, 04:12 PM
http://tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=151954

Then it was Djokovic’s turn to fall apart, winning only nine points in the second set. It was the first time that Djokovic lost a set 6-0 since the Estoril Open final in April 2007, when he rallied to beat Richard Gasquet.

“I had a very unexplainable lapse in the second set,” Djokovic said. “It was very hard to come back. I was really nervous.”

That's a long time without a bagel. At least he came back from it to win. :yeah:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
To clear Lopez's reputation here - he/she/it made an honest mistake and we have exchanged courteous messages!

Not at all - I am bouncing round my sitting room with Ricky Martin and Take That playing at full blast :rolls: JP has retreated upstairs...

Yes - I read the apology he wrote on GM - glad it's all sorted out. I was going to GoodRep him to say thanks for the public apology, but I'm all out of reps right now :awww: I think Lopez is OK actually - not a bitter, twisted hater at all :) Most of his posts are pretty good. In fact some of the worst haters don't even post on GM, but their hate is still scary:help: And because I'm a b*tch, the sadness I just know they're feeling right now makes me :lol: :rolls:

As for Ricky Martin and Take That......... well if I had any in the house, I would probably join you :) As it is, I've been in the kitchen making cheese and potato pie and singing "Molitva" :lol: I just phoned Alex at work, and his first comment was "I assume Nole won" :) He says he can tell by the tone of my voice as soon as I said "hi, it's only me" :lol:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
http://tennis.com/news/news.aspx?id=151954

Then it was Djokovic’s turn to fall apart, winning only nine points in the second set. It was the first time that Djokovic lost a set 6-0 since the Estoril Open final in April 2007, when he rallied to beat Richard Gasquet.

“I had a very unexplainable lapse in the second set,” Djokovic said. “It was very hard to come back. I was really nervous.”

That's a long time without a bagel. At least he came back from it to win. :yeah:

And of course he went on to WIN that Final :) Could this be a good omen? :D

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 04:20 PM
Lopez says he's a Nole fan...

We did need something to smile about here though so let's enjoy it while we can. Well worth staying home for...and a repeat tonight hopefully.
And Arsenal babies tonight in the CC - could be a great day indeed.

YT dear - playlists are marvellous

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg&feature=PlayList&p=FA018105F53A3E3C&index=14

Remember this? Cracking video.:lol:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Lopez says he's a Nole fan...

We did need something to smile about here though so let's enjoy it while we can.
And Arsenal babies tonight in the CC - could be great day indeed.

YT dear - playlists are marvellous

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg&feature=PlayList&p=FA018105F53A3E3C&index=14

Remember this? Cracking video.:lol:

:lol: Sadly I do remember it - which means I'm geting old :awww: Just think - some of the regular MTF posters weren't even born when you and I were watching this the first time :tape:

:secret: I actually think the singer is really hot :o

And - yes - I believe I have read some pro-Nole posts of his in the past :)

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I won't say the world would be better if some of them had stayed that way because that would be unkind :devil:

I assume anyone who doesn't give their age is the upside of 30 - there are quite a few of us.

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I think we have it all wrong today. We cheered in the Abyss thread and we are chatting in the Cheering Thread :scratch:

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Unusual events (like a Nole win) must be celebrated in unusual ways :rolls:

The abyss thread was brought to life for those with wandering and confused minds. You can't expect us to know where we are. Just call it Looking Glass land.:shrug: Rosie and I can be the Red and White queens.

Calling the Jabberwock?

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 04:45 PM
Unusual events (like a Nole win) must be celebrated in unusual ways :rolls:

The abyss thread was brought to life for those with wandering and confused minds. You can't expect us to know where we are. Just call it Looking Glass land.:shrug: Rosie and I can be the Red and White queens.

Calling the Jabberwock?

Which one am I? :angel:

I think we have it all wrong today. We cheered in the Abyss thread and we are chatting in the Cheering Thread :scratch:

Nole fans dare to be different?:)

I won't say the world would be better if some of them had stayed that way because that would be unkind :devil:

I assume anyone who doesn't give their age is the upside of 30 - there are quite a few of us.

I always call it the "right" side of 30 - after all, with age comes discernment and experience!

Wang Chung :inlove: I love "Dance Hall Days"!