Nole at The Masters Cup - Shanghai Surprise? 2008 Champion! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Nole at The Masters Cup - Shanghai Surprise? 2008 Champion!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 04:52 PM
I think White - the RQ was nastier so that probably has to be me. But didn't you turn into a sheep?

kalasita has to be the Jabberwock, Maya the White Knight, Raine and Timmy - Tweedledum and Tweedledee and Raquel can be Humpty Dumpty.

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 04:57 PM
I think White - the RQ was nastier so that probably has to be me. But didn't you turn into a sheep?

kalasita has to be the Jabberwock, Maya the White Knight, Raine and Timmy - Tweedledum and Tweedledee and Raquel can be Humpty Dumpty.

:lol:

That'll do me - I love sheep (no funny comments please!). In fact, I actually collect them - have a huge collection of stuffed, furry, fluffy sheep gathered since childhood :o OK - that's my cover blown completely now :lol:

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Well I like sheep too of course :angel: But preferably unstuffed and vibrant...

And we are having the rack of lamb tonight which I couldn't be bothered to cook Sunday.

On second thoughts Raquel must be Alice...

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Oh my...I better not ask why

Only Herdwick.....

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 05:12 PM
It's Ok - you just have to fall off your horse a lot and sing 'A-sitting on a gate'

Lee
11-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Glad I didn't follow the SB today. :scared:

Looked like Kolya handed the match to Nole but I will take whatever.

Saw some of his pics and he looked genuinely happy and relax on court, which are something missed from him for a long time. Having fans behind him definitely helps.

tangerine_dream
11-11-2008, 05:29 PM
Great to Nole doing much better this year at TMC and into the semis. Hope he keeps it up. :yeah:

Björki
11-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Nole :yeah:

but what was this second set :eek:

Scotso
11-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Interesting win. :lol: :rocker2:

zsanika
11-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Were Nole's parents today in Novak's match? Does anyone?Novak's Father was there, but his mother, brother .. they were not there? Does anyone?

kalisita
11-11-2008, 06:43 PM
I think that not only is Nole in SFs, but he's guaranteed to go #1 in his group. If Tsonga beats him, he'd be 2-1 in matches as will be the winner of Davydenko-Del Potro. I think that the first tiebreaker is H2H in tournament and since Nole beat both Davydenko and Del Potro he wins the group :dance:.

I must admit that this tournament has far exceeded my expectations. Just hope that he can play better in the next matches win or lose. :)

Okonsky
11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Were Nole's parents today in Novak's match? Does anyone?Novak's Father was there, but his mother, brother .. they were not there? Does anyone?

Not father, uncle.

zsanika
11-11-2008, 06:50 PM
and Father,Mother,Brother??!!...they are not in Shanghai?

Running:Free
11-11-2008, 07:22 PM
I had to leave at 5-5 in the third, and can you imagine my state?

Nole, you effin' daredevil :sobbing: Never do that again :sobbing:

I could swear, my heart has become bigger :lol: I suppose it's some compensation for all the fits and seizures :rolls: Sigh of contentment.

zsanika
11-11-2008, 07:30 PM
"Last year wasn't that much fun for me [0-3 in 2007]," said Djokovic. "But I gained from that experience. It's different this year, because I'm coming here as a Grand Slam winner and [as a] more mature player, stronger mentally and physically on the court. When you have more confidence and believe more in yourself, and of course, you're physically well rested and fit for challenges, then things are going more smoothly."

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 07:32 PM
I had to leave at 5-5 in the third, and can you imagine my state?

Nole, you effin' daredevil :sobbing: Never do that again :sobbing:

I could swear, my heart has become bigger :lol: I suppose it's some compensation for all the fits and seizures :rolls: Sigh of contentment.

:hug: Indeed I can! All's well that ends well though - we all live to fight another day :D

kalisita
11-11-2008, 07:53 PM
:hug: Indeed I can! All's well that ends well though - we all live to fight another day :D

Another 2 days actually! :D

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Another 2 days actually! :D

True :) Though I know I won't get so stressed about the Tsonga match on Thursday as he's through to the semis regardless of the result :) Plus I'll almost certainly be at work and won't be able to see or follow it - can't throw another sickie now can I? :o

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Ye gods - watching the repeat he was damn lucky to win this. It is not reasonable to expect future opponents to be so charitable.

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Ye gods - watching the repeat he was damn lucky to win this.

He said so himself

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 08:45 PM
Ye gods - watching the repeat he was damn lucky to win this. It is not reasonable to expect future opponents to be so charitable.

Indeed - I agree. I'm almost as nervous now with the repeat, as I was with the "real thing :lol:

arm
11-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Step by step. :)

kalisita
11-11-2008, 09:05 PM
FSN just started showing the match. They came on the air at 6-3 in the TB, showed Davy DF, and went to commercial. Ridiculous :D

Now, I'm afraid this might mean I'll have to watch the 2nd set again. :eek: It appears like I will. :sad:

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
FSN just started showing the match. They came on the air at 6-3 in the TB, showed Davy DF, and went to commercial. Ridiculous :D

Now, I'm afraid this might mean I'll have to watch the 2nd set again. :eek: It appears like I will. :sad:

Herdwick and I had to sit through it again on the UK highlights - so why shouldn't you have to suffer too?:p :lol: It truly was frightful - even worse the second time around :help:

kalisita
11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Herdwick and I had to sit through it again on the UK highlights - so why shouldn't you have to suffer too?:p :lol: It truly was frightful - even worse the second time around :help:

Looks like I've been spared. :) FSN showed until 3-0 in first set, went to commercial, came back to show that it was 2-1 for about a second, then went back to commerical. :haha: I guess they'll show until the end now.

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Looks like I've been spared. :) FSN showed until 3-0 in first set, went to commercial, came back to show that it was 2-1 for about a second, then went back to commerical. :haha: I guess they'll show until the end now.

Good coverage :yeah:
still better than mine :mad:

11-11-2008, 09:28 PM
Good coverage :yeah:
still better than mine :mad:

Did kalista mention Gimelstob and Shiras commentating in the background? ;)

An exchange they had yesterday:

G: Only three players this year have beaten Nadal, Federer, and Djokovic.

Andy Roddick, Gilles Simon, and...I'll let you take a guess Leif."

S: (Long Pause) Djokovic?

*Ljubica*
11-11-2008, 09:28 PM

:help: I really couldn't live with that many commercials :eek: Would drive me :mad: Our BBC don't have any at all :) And Sky would never show them except at change of ends or between sets, and are always back for start of play. Sometimes I'm so glad I live here :)

I don't know if this has been said yet...

but in the commentators booth Gimelstob and Shiras just had an exchange:

:rolls: :lol:

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 09:30 PM

I don't know if this has been said yet...

but in the commentators booth Gimelstob and Shiras just had an exchange:

:haha:

~Maya~
11-11-2008, 09:33 PM
I have to correct myself. I have the same coverage as Kalisita. I didn't see it on the schedule :confused:
But :woohoo:

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
So - probably Roger on Saturday, assuming Murray goes 3-0, which is far from certain. A win there would be a lovely end to the year.

Okonsky
11-11-2008, 09:54 PM
and Father,Mother,Brother??!!...they are not in Shanghai?

Bunch?:) I hope not. Mom and bros not, for sure but dad...who knows. Vajda & Miljan are enough.

Herdwick
11-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Was that Uncle Goran with the long nose in the box today?

arm
11-11-2008, 11:08 PM

:haha: That is so going to my signature. :lol:

Lee
11-12-2008, 12:47 AM

I have to correct myself. I have the same coverage as Kalisita. I didn't see it on the schedule :confused:
But :woohoo:

:sobbing: I didn't know my local FSN started showing TMC after the fact. (no coverage on the first day or may be second day) And it will not show the final. The station will show women college volleyball for the timeslot on Sunday. :rolleyes:

PennyThePenguin
11-12-2008, 12:58 AM
:sobbing: I didn't know my local FSN started showing TMC after the fact. (no coverage on the first day or may be second day) And it will not show the final. The station will show women college volleyball for the timeslot on Sunday. :rolleyes:

they showed it starting sunday ;) all delayed though. pffft

Lee
11-12-2008, 01:06 AM
they showed it starting sunday ;) all delayed though. pffft

LA has a different FSN station. FSN Arizona has a different schedule. :shrug:

PennyThePenguin
11-12-2008, 01:17 AM
oh :( ours is FSN West

Sunset of Age
11-12-2008, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the friendly reps you sent me folks - much appreciated! :yeah: :hug: :yeah:

Even if Roger is my main fav, if it indeed happens that Nole will take over that #2 position after tomorrow, you'll hear no nasty words from me. It is DESERVED, as, after all, the points count doesn't lie.

You are good folks - thanks for bearing with me Fedal-tard... :lol:

njnetswill
11-12-2008, 03:51 AM
Novak has a chance for #2? :eek: I need to start paying attention to the ranking scenarios again.

Roger at #3 would just be weird. But I guess numbers don't lie. :shrug:

savesthedizzle
11-12-2008, 03:53 AM
Novak has a chance for #2? :eek: I need to start paying attention to the ranking scenarios again.

I know, I need to start paying attention again too.

I need Joe around to tell me these things :sad:

~Maya~
11-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Thanks for the friendly reps you sent me folks - much appreciated! :yeah: :hug: :yeah:

Even if Roger is my main fav, if it indeed happens that Nole will take over that #2 position after tomorrow, you'll hear no nasty words from me. It is DESERVED, as, after all, the points count doesn't lie.

:hug:

Very slim chance. He has to win TMC, with Rogi winning no more than one match (I think).

kalisita
11-12-2008, 04:00 AM

Nole has to win the Masters Cup and Fed can't make the SFs for it to be possible. If Nole goes 3-0 in RR, Fed has to lose 1-2. If Nole goes 2-1, Fed has to lose 0-3.

~Maya~
11-12-2008, 04:05 AM
Nole has to win the Masters Cup and Fed can't make the SFs for it to be possible. If Nole goes 3-0 in RR, Fed has to lose 1-2. If Nole goes 2-1, Fed has to lose 0-3.

Thanks. So it is even slimmer than I thought. I didn't really look at the numbers much, I just remembered somebody mentioning the possibility (in GM)

kalisita
11-12-2008, 04:53 AM
Thanks. So it is even slimmer than I thought. I didn't really look at the numbers, I just remembered somebody mentioning the possibility (in GM)

Yeah, it's kind of like how Fed could've still ended up #1 at the end of the year. You know, mathematically possible therefore actually possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)

*Ljubica*
11-12-2008, 06:12 AM

Karin :hug: As far as I'm concerned, you're one of the best people on MTF :) You are always welcome here. Have a good day - I'm off to work. Hope I come home to hear good news of Roger. Even though the maths say Nole could become Number 2 after TMC, I really don't want Roger to go out this early.

Lee
11-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Yeah, it's kind of like how Fed could've still ended up #1 at the end of the year. You know, mathematically possible therefore actually possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath. ;)

I believe Nadal is locked at the #1 ranking with 294 race points above Federer. Even Federer won all 5 matches in TMC, he will only gain 150 points. Since he lost one match already, the maximum points he will get is 130 points. 20 points for each RR match win, 40 for SF and 50 for final.

Lee
11-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Nole is 113 points behind Federer, so even if Federer only wins 2 RR matches and gains 40 points, Nole will not take over the #2 ranking even he won the championship.

zsanika
11-12-2008, 08:42 AM
1. Rafael Nadal - 6675
2. Roger Federer - 5205
3. Novak Djokovic - 4645
4. Andy Murray - 3420

1st Nadal, R. 1335
2nd Federer, R. 1041
3rd Djokovic, N. 929
4th Murray, A.
Nole will be number 2
If Djokovic wins Shanghai, going 2-1 in RR p, and Federer loses all 3 matches
If Djokovic wins Shanghai, going 3-0 in RR play, and Federer goes 1-2 in RR
it is true?
Each Round Robin Match Win – 20 ATP Race points – 100 South African Airways ATP Ranking points
Semifinal Win – 40 ATP Race points – 200 South African Airways ATP Rankings points
Final Win – 50 ATP Race points – 250 South African Airways ATP Rankings points
Undefeated Champions – 150 ATP Race points – 750 South African Airways ATP Ranking points
and Murray?if he win and Nole lost in SF?

zsanika
11-12-2008, 10:08 AM
Roddick out of TMC.Reason: right ankle. Stepanek will play Federer.

zsanika
11-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Masters Cup - Roddick withdraws from Masters Cup

World number six Andy Roddick has pulled out of the Masters Cup because of a right ankle injury.
The 26-year-old American lost his opening match in the season-ending championship for the world's top eight players to Andy Murray on Monday and was due to play top seed Roger Federer in his second group encounter later on Wednesday.

"It was during a warm-up drill in practice yesterday," he said. "I can't really stop or start quickly. It's definitely a tough prospect trying to beat Roger and not being able to move much."

First alternate Radek Stepanek, the Czech world number 27, will step in to take on Federer after Briton Murray has taken on Frenchman Gilles Simon in the opening Red Group match of the night.

kalisita
11-12-2008, 10:32 AM
I believe Nadal is locked at the #1 ranking with 294 race points above Federer. Even Federer won all 5 matches in TMC, he will only gain 150 points. Since he lost one match already, the maximum points he will get is 130 points. 20 points for each RR match win, 40 for SF and 50 for final.

People were talking about Fed being able to get it back before the indoor season, that's when he could have done it. It would have been possible according to the math, but not very realistic.

zsanika
11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Murray won against Simon in 2set:-(

Scotso
11-12-2008, 12:11 PM
Nole has to win the Masters Cup and Fed can't make the SFs for it to be possible. If Nole goes 3-0 in RR, Fed has to lose 1-2.

There's a good possibility this could happen. I definitely think Murray will be the favorite in his match against Federer, and of course Nole has it in him to win the whole thing without losing a match.

Herdwick
11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
Roger simply abysmal so far today...:sad:

zsanika
11-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Federer-Stepanek 7:6
Federer played not well.

kalisita
11-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Roger simply abysmal so far today...:sad:

And still likely to win. Seems to be the theme for the top 3 seeds in this tournament. (though I guess Murray wasn't quite abysmal.)

Herdwick
11-12-2008, 01:38 PM
TMC should be Andy's on a plate come Sunday. No way will Roger or Nole beat him on form shown so far.

~Maya~
11-12-2008, 01:47 PM
:wavey:

Federer is playing better now, then in the beginning.
Bookies have Murray now as the favorite. A couple days go, it was Federer

What happened to Andy? Last minute W?
Edit:
Ooops! I spoke too soon

Herdwick
11-12-2008, 01:58 PM

First half of first set was gruesome stuff but suppose he can only improve. Don't see him getting past Andy on Friday though, unless Andy throws it. And Simon will probably beat Sexy so that's surely that for Roger.

~Maya~
11-12-2008, 02:13 PM
I feel sorry for Stepanek :sad: for finishing the match so terribly. About Federer and Murray,... Murray qualified so he might not be so focused. Fed has a chance, but I am not sure how they are gonna treat this if Simon beats Stepanek. People in GM are not quite sure what the scenario would be

Herdwick
11-12-2008, 02:18 PM
Roger's got the trots apparently so hopefully will improve by Friday.

Suppose Andy might not give 100%; by doing so he ensures Nole gets Fed in the SF rather than Simon. Assuming Andy goes past Davy/JMDP in the other who would he prefer to play in the final? On current form, don't think he'll care who he meets.

zsanika
11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
red group sets
Murray 4:1
Federer 3:2
Simon 2:3

aeronatasha
11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
Hello all!:wavey:
Long time no see.

Haven't been near a computer in quite a while, but I was following everything all the same.:)

I wish Novak would just play freely and let it rip against everyone, including Tsonga.
He needs to win more to get his killer instinct back.
I suppose he might resort to calculating, so he would save energy for the SFs, but I believe a win would make him feel much more energized.

He could go far here if he puts his heart into it.

I do wonder what's on his mind.

On a side note, not that I'm a Fed fan, but I hate to see him struggle so much. He was less than convincing today, but the same could be said about Novak.

Wish them both luck.

arm
11-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Hey Natasha! :wavey:

aeronatasha
11-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi arm. :)
I see you've become Nole's good luck charm, he seems to be playing better now that you're watching.
So please bear with us through TMC!;)

zsanika
11-12-2008, 03:30 PM
order of play:

Not Before 6:00 PM
N Djokovic (SRB) vs J Tsonga (FRA)
Not Before 8:00 PM
N Davydenko (RUS) vs J Del Potro (ARG)

good luck Nole!!
NOle must win 1set tomorrow and he is the first in gold group

*Ljubica*
11-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Hi Natasha and welcome back :wavey:

Ad I am a Fed Fangirl and proud of it - I hate to see him struggle too :awww:

zsanika
11-12-2008, 03:44 PM
No!
Nole 4:1(sets win/lost)
Davydenko 3:3
if tomorrow Nole lost against Tsonga than Nole has 4:3 and Davydenko won tomorrow than he has 5:3 and so is Davydenko the 1st in gold group:-( hence must Nole 1set tomorrow!

aeronatasha
11-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Ljubice, lovely to see you too. :)

Lets hope both Nole and Fed find their groove soon.

*Ljubica*
11-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Ljubice, lovely to see you too. :)

Lets hope both Nole and Fed find their groove soon.

Indeed :)

No!
if tomorrow Nole lost against Tsonga than Nole has 4:3 and Davydenko won tomorrow than he has 5:3 and so is Davydenko the 1st in gold group:-( hence must Nole 1set tomorrow!

Thanks for the info :)

zsanika
11-12-2008, 03:49 PM
only 1set!!!!!!!!:-)
come on Nole

kalisita
11-12-2008, 04:03 PM
No!

If Nole loses to Tsonga his match record would be 2-1. Tsonga would be 1-2. If Davydenko wins his match record would also be 2-1, with Del Potro going 1-2. Nole and Davydenko would have a tied match record. This is from the media guide from the Shanghai site:

The winner of each group
(best overall record) will be placed in separate semifinal brackets, with the top player/team
in the Red Group playing the runner-up in the Gold Group, and vice versa. If two or more
players/teams are tied after the round robin matches, the ties will be broken as follows:
1. Winner of match between the two players tied;
2. Player with the highest percentage of sets won;
3. Player with the highest percentage of games won.

Does that not mean that Nole would be first since he beat Davydenko (with the same going for Del Potro)? It wouldn't need to go to sets. :shrug:

~Maya~
11-12-2008, 04:05 PM
If Nole loses to Tsonga his match record would be 2-1. Tsonga would be 1-2. If Davydenko wins his match record would also be 2-1, with Del Potro going 1-2. Nole and Davydenko would have a tied match record. This is from the media guide from the Shanghai site:

The winner of each group
(best overall record) will be placed in separate semifinal brackets, with the top player/team
in the Red Group playing the runner-up in the Gold Group, and vice versa. If two or more
players/teams are tied after the round robin matches, the ties will be broken as follows:
1. Winner of match between the two players tied;
2. Player with the highest percentage of sets won;
3. Player with the highest percentage of games won.

Does that not mean that Nole would be first since he beat Davydenko (with the same going for Del Potro)? It wouldn't need to go to sets. :shrug:

I think so.

kalisita
11-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Transcript of Nole's Tuesday presser from ASAP Sports.

November 11, 2008

Novak Djokovic
SHANGHAI, CHINA

N. DJOKOVIC/N. Davydenko
7-6, 0-6, 7-5

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. First out last year and first in semifinals this year. Do you feel happy right now with the breakthrough of this year?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yeah, for sure I'm happy. It's a great achievement for me, going through the semifinals, of course, which kind of gives me a relief of the upcoming match.
But as I said on the court, every match is important, so I will try to win against Tsonga even though we both have not much to lose. I already qualify and he has no chance of qualifying, so result-wise it's not really important.
But as I said, every match is crucial here.

Q. What went through your mind at the start of the second set? Obviously a big difference to what went on in the first set.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, I was quite nervous and a bit shaky on the start of the match, in the first set and the second set as well. I was a break down already on the first service games I played.
This is something that shouldn't be happening that often, especially at events like that. But I managed to come back, and I'm just happy to win the matches like this.
Davydenko is a really difficult opponent wherever you play him. He stays close on the baseline and likes to play aggressive. If he's in a good rhythm, then he's one of the toughest opponents on the tour. He was stepping in and using his opportunities, but I just wasn't myself in that second set and I lost that desire and played very bad.
So losing the set 6-Love is not a good thing if you're coming into the third set. I was a bit lucky in 1-0 in the third set, but then served well in the important moments. That's all that matters.

Q. After the first match you said you learned so much from last year, even though you didn't win a match. Could you please elaborate a bit? What did you learn from last year's experience, because we see a big difference between two years?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I learned I shouldn't lose that many matches. But every event you play and every match you play is a new experience and a new challenge, and you just have to accept it that way and take the best out of it.
So last year wasn't that much fun for me, haven't won a single set. But I gained that experience. It's different this year, because I'm coming here as a Grand Slam winner and more matured player, stronger mentally and physically on the court.
When you have more confidence and believe more in yourself, and of course, you're physically well-rested and fit for challenges, then things are going more smoothly.

Q. Some comments or your next opponent, Tsonga, because he's at edge of repeating what you have been through last year. I'm sorry we keep talking about that.
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, well, he certainly doesn't want to finish the way I finished last year. He was a bit unlucky in those two matches, lost 7-6 in the third and now two tiebreaks today. He was playing well, but just in the certain moments he made some unforced errors, so he certainly is unhappy a little bit.
But on the other hand, he's been struggling with injuries a little bit, and physically he's maybe a bit tired playing, winning Bercy. But I know what's the feeling. Last year I lost the first two matches. I lost any chance of qualifying for semifinals, but I wanted to win that third match, and I'm expecting the same thing from him.

Q. I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on the financial crisis and how it would pan out moving into the next season, given that your family has actually come out and rescued one of the tournaments. How do you see it pan out?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, financial crises are global, and certainly hit the tennis world as well. But this is not that I've been -- this is not the topic that I've been thinking about that much, because my job is to win the matches on the court. With the winning, all the side things come, you know.
So I don't think it's going to affect that much to the tennis world in the upcoming year. Certainly the financial situation is something that you're worried about always individually. You want to take care of your money. You want to place it in a safe spot.
So the world has gone a bit crazy with the crisis in last couple of months, but I'm sure it's going to stabilize very soon.

Q. Well, big news. There was a rumor reported by the English newspapers that you were almost kidnapped by some people because of the problem in Kosovo. Is that true, or how do you comment about this?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I wouldn't like to comment on that at all.

Q. Anything?
NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No.

kalisita
11-12-2008, 04:26 PM
I was also reading Davydenko's presser and I thought I'd share a couple things that I thought were funny/interesting.

Q. You were saying the other day about how you're trying to stay the same for the whole match, not be nervous. How did you do with that today? Looked like you had a good time with a few points, showing more positive emotion on the court. Did you feel like you were having a good time today?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, losing match, no (laughter). But normally, yes. I was all match just try to be the same person - not like Djokovic. Really, I was surprising. He play so good first set, and then like I never see. :haha: :yeah: Just make only mistake, losing 6-Love.
But I know he's coming back. That's was in the third set he try play the same, play very well, and made good serve.
I think for me was I play very well today, but only thing make not so good return today. That's was maybe this is point I losing match.

Q. Do you think Novak's form is good enough to win the whole thing? And also, please comment on your next opponent, also.
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yeah, Djokovic interesting player, because like I say, play very well first set, and he play also the same. Like we have the same tennis. He play fast. For me was difficult to control the ball.
Yes, but you never know what's happen. Like if you see in second set he losing 6-Love, and then he just concentration. He's come back. If he play like first set, he can play good, you know, and he can win Masters here.
But for the next match for me, say it's like last match. It's important. If I win, I can qualify. If losing, not. You know, then I go on holiday.
But, uhm, yeah, next player is different. Play also baseline, Del Potro. I see today match. He play very good baseline, but a little bit slow, not like Djokovic. Good serve, but maybe I have more chance make good rally from baseline and maybe play faster.

Q. In the early stages of the second set, did you think Novak was maybe time wasting a little bit?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know what he did in the second set, really. I was surprising myself, because in beginning second set play okay. But then losing one serve, he start to try to broke racquet, make only mistake. That's was I start to make so many points, winning points easy. And, yeah, I surprising. But then I know now coming third set, and start from zero, starting again like first set.
But Djokovic, yeah, I don't know. If he start to being nervous, he losing games and points. But if he concentration in match, he play very good.

Let's hope Nole listens to Davydenko and learns to control his emotions/frustrations better. Those lapses in concentration are killing him (and us! :awww:) lately.

aeronatasha
11-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Gotta love Kolya's honesty. :lol:
I do hope he qualifies.

*Ljubica*
11-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Gotta love Kolya's honesty. :lol:
I do hope he qualifies.

Me too - I've always had a soft spot for him :o

Herdwick
11-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Thirded - 'Really, I was surprising' - :awww:

aeronatasha
11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Me too - I've always had a soft spot for him :o

Whenever I see him, all thin and short, and so quiet, I start smiling, and my sister always goes Kolyyyyyyyyyyyya...:awww::awww: He just seems like a really sweet, shy guy. With mad skills, yet with such a strong barrier in his mind when it comes to playing top 3. Ah well. What can you do.

~Maya~
11-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Davydenko :yeah:

ellewoods
11-13-2008, 01:29 AM
aww, that davydenko presser made me like him :hug: his english is adorable.

okay, so no matter what happens nole will come out of the group as the top player. therefore he will either play murray or simon in the semis depending on whether federer can beat murray on friday. he has no chance of meeting federer before the finals.

njnetswill
11-13-2008, 01:58 AM

okay, so no matter what happens nole will come out of the group as the top player. therefore he will either play murray or simon in the semis depending on whether federer can beat murray on friday. he has no chance of meeting federer before the finals.

Pretty good scenario. Nole better take advantage.

Lee
11-13-2008, 02:06 AM

I would much prefer Nole not facing Murray. Murray and Simon are the only in form players in this tournament but Simon's skill is way behind Murray's. I think Nole has a better chance vs Federer than Murray in this tournament.

Lee
11-13-2008, 03:21 AM
For those who don't go into GM, this thread is a gem and a mind teaser. I have much fun reading it.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=134126

ellewoods
11-13-2008, 04:10 AM
I would much prefer Nole not facing Murray. Murray and Simon are the only in form players in this tournament but Simon's skill is way behind Murray's. I think Nole has a better chance vs Federer than Murray in this tournament.

I concur. But I also want Federer to make the semis.

~Maya~
11-13-2008, 04:26 AM
I concur. But I also want Federer to make the semis.

Me to. Call me crazy :awww:

*Ljubica*
11-13-2008, 06:10 AM
Me three :) My Roger love will never die :awww:

Chupakabra
11-13-2008, 07:26 AM
Don't know if this one has been posted yet, but it seems that Radek Stepanek played with Nole's racquet against Federer... :worship:

It's funny... Radek was caught a bit unprepared for the tournament and he was also on holiday in Thailand... :D :D :D

Stepanek, who was on holiday in Thailand before arriving in Shanghai, said: "I had [a] racquet from Novak Djokovic, and I [got] socks from Andy [Murray]. But he's using the same ones as I do, so I asked him if I could borrow one."

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/news/2008/wednesday2.asp

zsanika
11-13-2008, 10:01 AM
good luck Nole against Tsonga!!!!come on!!

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/katalin56/tsonga.jpg

Herdwick
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
:wavey: Morning all - who's around?

~Maya~
11-13-2008, 10:08 AM

Herdwick
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Are we here or there?

~Maya~
11-13-2008, 10:17 AM
:lol: I see everybody over there. So I guess over there

zsanika
11-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Nole's girlfriend is in Shanghai!:-)

~Maya~
11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Yes. We'll see if that is good or bad

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 12:07 PM
I hate it when Novak tanks a set. Or anyone for that matter.
Lame move really. Should have been fined for the lack of effort in that 3rd. I think he was surprized himself when Tsonga gave him that BP early in the 3rd.

*Ljubica*
11-13-2008, 12:21 PM
I hate it when Novak tanks a set. Or anyone for that matter.
Lame move really. Should have been fined for the lack of effort in that 3rd. I think he was surprized himself when Tsonga gave him that BP early in the 3rd.

They all do it :shrug: The crowd got a 3-set match out of it, he practiced his dropshots and volleys, Tsonga went away from the tournament with a well-deserved win, and everyone seemed happy :) Once Nole had gone down a service break in that 3rd set, there was really no way he was going to expend energy (both mental and physical) when he has a semi to play on Saturday. I do understand, and I honestly feel he was using that match more as practice anyway - did you see how many dropshots he used? :tape: I am happy anyway - let him rest and prepare for the semi and congrats to Jo :) Just my opinion anyway.

carlhiro
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
^ a hundred points is essential to him now that he and federer are close in points.

that's three straight losses, but at least nolé won the most essential match with tsonga.

*Ljubica*
11-13-2008, 12:36 PM
^ a hundred points is essential to him now that he and federer are close in points.

that's three straight losses, but at least nolé won the most essential match with tsonga.

Hi Carl :wavey: I honestly don't think the ranking thing is as much of an issue for him as it seems to be with some fans :shrug: If a player performs well throughout a season, then those points and ranking will come - if not this year, then next year :shrug: If Roger remains Number 2 it's because he deserves to be at this stage of his career. Nole's time will come.

savesthedizzle
11-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Nole's girlfriend is in Shanghai!:-)

Jelena appearing in the middle of a tournament is almost always trouble. :sad: Loss of concentration around when she comes is inevitable. Here it's okay because he already qualified and now he can settle down again before he plays again. But in a normal tournament is when the concentration lapse really hurts.

Hope she brings him luck now the rest of the week :dance:

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 12:41 PM
They all do it :shrug: The crowd got a 3-set match out of it, he practiced his dropshots and volleys, Tsonga went away from the tournament with a well-deserved win, and everyone seemed happy :) Once Nole had gone down a service break in that 3rd set, there was really no way he was going to expend energy (both mental and physical) when he has a semi to play on Saturday. I do understand, and I honestly feel he was using that match more as practice anyway - did you see how many dropshots he used? :tape: I am happy anyway - let him rest and prepare for the semi and congrats to Jo :) Just my opinion anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I half expected this, but I hate watching him just swing away with no thought or desire. He could have played high risk shots for the fun of it instead. THEN it would be a proper practice match. Plus he could have really used those 100 points. To be honest, I don't thing he deserved a #2 anyway, with his mindset of late, regardless of Fed's off form. But those points would always come in handy.
And for the simple pride if for no other reason, I would not let Tsonga breadstick me. I just wouldn't. Guess he forgot what INAT is.

*Ljubica*
11-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Don't get me wrong, I half expected this, but I hate watching him just swing away with no thought or desire. He could have played high risk shots for the fun of it instead. THEN it would be a proper practice match. Plus he could have really used those 100 points. To be honest, I don't thing he deserved a #2 anyway, with his mindset of late, regardless of Fed's off form. But those points would always come in handy.
And for the simple pride if for no other reason, I would not let Tsonga breadstick me. I just wouldn't. Guess he forgot what INAT is.

Yes - I do see your point, but I'm sure he'll remember it again by Saturday :)

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
I just think it's disrespectful to the fans, who payed to see a proper match.
I know he'll have a different approach for the semis, but it's not like he's tired, quite the opposite, and he could have gave it more of an effort today.
I'm sure both Nadal and Fed would have come through as winners if they were in Novak's shoes.
Lame. I can't help but think that way.

zsanika
11-13-2008, 01:01 PM
"I feel happy because I am through to the semifinal, which was main goal," said Djokovic. "I wanted to win this one. He played espiecally well in the third set. I made some unforced errors. I think I have enough quality to go further."

Herdwick
11-13-2008, 01:02 PM
I know he'll have a different approach for the semis, but it's not like he's tired, quite the opposite, and he could have gave it more of an effort today.
I'm sure both Nadal and Fed would have come through as winners if they were in Novak's shoes.

I totally agree - have just been steaming quietly here. Lame. Both winning and losing become habits.

And when he meets JWT again in a tournament that matters I won't answer for the consequences.

zsanika
11-13-2008, 02:00 PM
"He was better than me in the first two sets, but I took the second one. It was daylight robbery!" Tsonga said.

"And then for him maybe it was difficult to stay concentrated because he's qualified and he has to think about the next match."

"It's not easy. This is the tournament for the best eight players in the world. Every match is difficult and you've got to give your best to win," Djokovic said.

"He had more support from the crowd, but I don't blame them. He's a good player, an interesting player, plays with a lot of emotion. He deserved to win today."

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Oh for fuck's sake, quit measuring who's got the crowd on his side, Novak.
Jo lost two matches, he was on a verge of losing them all. They were rooting for him mainly because of that. Plus after that LAME conceiding of serve (cause that's what it was, would have played it smarter with eyes shut) at the start of the 3rd, I don't blame them.
Novak's got TONS of fans in China. Tons I say. I mean, seriously. Quit sulking, man up and fucking play.

I'm pissed as you can probably guess.:o

~Maya~
11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Jo lost two matches, he was on a verge of losing them all. They were rooting for him mainly because of that. Plus after that LAME conceiding of serve (cause that's what it was, would have played it smarter with eyes shut) at the start of the 3rd, I don't blame them.
Novak's got TONS of fans in China. Tons I say. I mean, seriously. Quit sulking, man up and fucking play.

Maybe they asked him something about it. It wouldn't surprise me. Did you read his first post match conference?

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe they asked him something about it. I wouldn't surprise me. Did you read his first post match conference?

I did, but still. He should be more mature about it now. I do think he thinks highly of Tsonga, but I don't believe he thinks for a second that Tsonga's better than him. Player wise or entertainment wise. That's why he has no business losing this flatly to him, secured semi or not.
Just my opinion anyway.

kalisita
11-13-2008, 03:50 PM
I did, but still. He should be more mature about it now. I do think he thinks highly of Tsonga, but I don't believe he thinks for a second that Tsonga's better than him. Player wise or entertainment wise. That's why he has no business losing this flatly to him, secured semi or not.
Just my opinion anyway.

He got tight serving to force the TB and then it seemed he was like "I'm done." It is bad when even your opponent is kind of saying, in a nice way, that you tanked.

"He was better than me in the first two sets, but I took the second one. It was daylight robbery!" Tsonga said.

"And then for him maybe it was difficult to stay concentrated because he's qualified and he has to think about the next match."

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 04:02 PM
He got tight serving to force the TB and then it seemed he was like "I'm done." It is bad when even your opponent is kind of saying, in a nice way, that you tanked.

Jo's not dumb. He knows what happened, and I don't wanna take anything away from him, he did play well in the 3rd. But it still doesn't justify what Novak did. Of course I think he should preserve energy and not push it all the way, and yes, SF is far more important, but he could have at least half-assed the 3rd set. But no, all he did was net/net/out/out/df/net. And despite it all, he still got handed a BP right after he got broken for the first time. And what does he do? Doesn't bother to return, barely moved a muscle. It would have been different had he, for instance, went for a wild winner and missed. But he just watched it fly by indifferently.
I don't like it, that's all.

Herdwick
11-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Me too - am still annoyed with him.

Saturday :shrug: - we'll see but am not convinced he can just turn it back on at will.

kalisita
11-13-2008, 04:13 PM

Saturday :shrug: - we'll see but am not convinced he can just turn it back on at will.

I know. I'm worried as well. Especially if Fed beats Murray, which means (I think) that Nole will Murray in the SFs. Either match would be difficult (and Simon shouldn't be underestimated), but I don't think I can watch him lose 3 in a row to Murray right after watching him lose his 3rd match in a row to Tsonga. :sad:

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 04:14 PM

I still think he'll be better off facing Murrey. I know he's been the best one so far, but Novak still knows how to beat him, provided he wants it bad enough.
Fed is another story imo. Even when he's shaky, he's still scary, and Novak isn't exactly beaming with confidence, which used to be his highest quality.

Herdwick
11-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Yeah - it does cos Roger would then top the group by virtue of the H2H. Frankly can't see him beating Fed or Murray. And even Simon has been both persistent and consistent this week - Nole has been neither.

Oh well - on the bright side I really like all 4 who are left so will be happy whoever wins it.

Off for a few beers I think...

redberyl
11-13-2008, 04:24 PM
I did feel bad about this match and last one with Davydenko. It just simple drove me crazy when I watched him playing so careless. I can't believe he showed us this ups and downs performance over and over again. I don't want to be mean to him, but everytime I saw him play like this, I would think of those bad comments on him. I don't want people criticise my lovely Nole.

I am wondering the problem comes from myself. I am so fragile and take things too serious sometimes.

Nole, you gave me a bad day.:sad:

I know I should be happy because he is in semi....this is over my expectation actually..........

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 04:25 PM
I think a loss to Murrey is more acceptable in Nole's mind than yet another loss to Fed.
Harder to shake off, further denting him or something. It's easier thinking, hey, well it's normal losing to a red hot player who is clearly on the rise, but not to be able to defeat a shaky, nervous Fed is another cup of tea. This is Fed's weakest season in a long, long time and he feels obligated to use it to his benefit. Plus I think Novak got used to comparing himself with the top 2, and Murrey is sort of stealing his role as a major threat.
I have a feeling Novak's stressed and doesn't see his goal clearly. If he managed to do that again, to tell himself, yes, it's gonna be hard, but I WANT IT, then he'd be back on the winning route.
I have no doubt in one thing though. Novak will have his hands full no matter what.

Lee
11-13-2008, 08:14 PM
Jelena appearing in the middle of a tournament is almost always trouble. :sad: Loss of concentration around when she comes is inevitable. Here it's okay because he already qualified and now he can settle down again before he plays again. But in a normal tournament is when the concentration lapse really hurts.

Hope she brings him luck now the rest of the week :dance:

Same here and I am keeping my fingers crossed tightly

110% agree with you here. I am absolutely steaming, like Herdwick, with this attitude of Nole.

edit: OK, I calmed down a bit and he's still only 21.

aeronatasha
11-13-2008, 08:53 PM
I'll forgive him if he wins the semis. Well half forgive him. ;)

Boys.. :rolleyes:

They are adorable yet annoying at the same time.

mlove
11-14-2008, 01:44 AM
I couldn't even bear to watch that 3rd set :(. The first 2 sets were fantastic, and I really thought he'd win it - which would have been terrific for his confidence.

I'll forgive him if he wins the semis. .
Exactly what I was thinking ;)
I don't know who I'd prefer him to face. It's going to be tough no matter what.

Okonsky
11-14-2008, 03:32 PM

Girls...

I quote you by choice - why the hell he should try in 3rd? He took one set, didn't manage in second and it's quite OK to save himself in third. I mean who cares? Less tired and more important he is first in group.

It' doesn't matter how old is he, most of men would do the same. I can't find anything annoying.

Simply smart move from smart guy.

kalisita
11-14-2008, 03:40 PM
Girls...

I quote you by choice - why the hell he should try in 3rd? He took one set, didn't manage in second and it's quite OK to save himself in third. I mean who cares? Less tired and more important he is first in group.

It' doesn't matter how old is he, most of men would do the same. I can't find anything annoying.

I can see both sides. Good points on both. I'm mostly on the side of "so what," but the fact that Federer lost today now means that he blew any chance he had at #2. You would think that would have been motivation to win, to keep the hope alive. :shrug: Though, maybe his team pulled an Ivanovic? ;)

aeronatasha
11-14-2008, 03:49 PM
See the fight Murray put into defeating Fed despite securing first spot in the group?
I'm waiting to see that from you, Novak.:boxing:

Very sad for Fed, I must admit.:sobbing: I felt really bummed seeing him walk off the court, head lowered and with tears in his eyes. And very brave of him to play that way. He deserved a SF much more than Simon. A true, unique champion. No wonder Murray thinks winning over Fed is more respectable than winning the whole god damn thing.

Now if Novak doesn't beat Simon... I don't know. It would just be too much.

Herdwick
11-14-2008, 03:53 PM
See the fight Murray put into defeating Fed despite securing first spot in the group?
I'm waiting to see that from you, Novak.:boxing:

Very sad for Fed, I must admit.:sobbing: I felt really bummed seeing him walk off the court, head lowered and with tears in his eyes. And very brave of him to play that way. He deserved a SF much more than Simon. A true, unique champion. No wonder Murray thinks winning over Fed is more respectable than winning the whole god damn thing.

Now if Novak doesn't beat Simon... I don't know. It would just be too much.

100% agree - gutted for Roger.

Misha :wavey:

Yesterday, if viewed in isolation, can be seen as a purely tactical decision and as such yes is a smart move. But:

- Nole has recently lost 2 significant matches to JWT - where's his pride?
- JWT is on the rise and it is not smart to hand any psychological advantage to a player you are going to be meeting regularly
- 100 points thrown away plus the extra bonus were he to win the tournament undefeated
- assuming he threw it, which is what it looked like, as opposed to genuinely lost it, then it can be seen as selfish and unprofessional
- if it causes a devoted fan such as me to doubt his guts and commitment, it is sure as hell not going to do him any favours in the wider world.

kalisita
11-14-2008, 04:03 PM
Nole will play Simon tomorrow as the first singles match, not before 5 pm local.

Why did they make it earlier than normal? Now I got to get up at 4 am! Makes 5 am look like paradise. :sad:

FSN where I am will show the first SF at 6:30 am. Will show informercials instead when it'll actually be on. Second will be delayed coverage. Make sure anyone in US with coverage checks their local listings since the first SF was the only on that was advertised as "live" earlier in US. Some people may get lucky.

*Ljubica*
11-14-2008, 04:08 PM
9.00am in UK and 10.00am in Serbia - I can live with that :) Ajde Nole :rocker:

Herdwick
11-14-2008, 04:10 PM
9am here - brilliant - so will get to see both SF before I have to go out. Sorry people across the pond - we appreciate your early rising and will be here ready with strong black coffee.

Dawn123
11-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Q. There was a pretty girl sitting in the stands beside your coach. Is she your girlfriend? We don't have you ever introduce her in the public.

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: She's a Miss Universe of 2006.

http://www.masters-cup.com/1/interviews/

njnetswill
11-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Roger is out :woohoo:

But Murray is still in. :(

Come on Nole :banana:

Lee
11-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Girls...

I became a fan of Novak Djokovic because the way he fought, the mental toughness he showed when he's still a teenager. Now he's older and fighting smarter, but that's not the reason for me to become his fan.

May be he needs to balance between consering his energy and giving it all on the court. That will take time to learn. But for me, it's better to conserve his energy by picking tournaments to play than not giving any effort on court.

Herdwick listed all the rational reasons for him to not losing that match, so I am not going to repeat her.

You do have your points here and let's hope that this move will pay off down the road.

zsanika
11-14-2008, 06:55 PM
Chinese media's interview with Davydenko:
Davydenko: I really love to watch Djokovic play. I like his tennis. His style of play is similar to mine, with good baseline, quick rhythm, offensive, try to hit winners...these are the factors for being top players and staying there for a long time. I think he can be a No.1 one day because he already has a grand slam and has beaten Federer and all others before.

zsanika
11-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Federer lost today 550points

Lee
11-14-2008, 07:10 PM
Nole will play Simon tomorrow as the first singles match, not before 5 pm local.

Why did they make it earlier than normal? Now I got to get up at 4 am! Makes 5 am look like paradise. :sad:

FSN where I am will show the first SF at 6:30 am. Will show informercials instead when it'll actually be on. Second will be delayed coverage. Make sure anyone in US with coverage checks their local listings since the first SF was the only on that was advertised as "live" earlier in US. Some people may get lucky.

Thanks for the heads up. It's 6am my local time here. At first, I thought my local FSN won't show the final but I found the final will be shown Monday 1am :tape:

I guess I will avoid internet and wake up at 6am :p

kalisita
11-14-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up. It's 6am my local time here. At first, I thought my local FSN won't show the final but I found the final will be shown Monday 1am :tape:

I guess I will avoid internet and wake up at 6am :p

You have much more self-control than I if you can do that! :)

Lee
11-14-2008, 07:20 PM
You have much more self-control than I if you can do that! :)

I will stay up for the doubles of Nestor and Nenad. Actually, not exactly "stay up" because it's only 10:30pm my time here. So, it's not really much effort to stay up for the 2am match afterward but I am not a real big fan for watching SB or online link from internet especially I will have the coverage not much later.

arm
11-14-2008, 08:07 PM

Why do you even go to bed? Stay up and go to bed only after the match! ;)

*Raine
11-15-2008, 12:54 AM
This semifinal match is killing me.. Gilles vs Novak both players I like :sobbing:. But I'll be rooting only for Novak today ;).

:rocker: The match will be at 5 pm here too .. I love our time zone

Lee
11-15-2008, 12:59 AM
I like Simon too but definitely Nole.

carlhiro
11-15-2008, 02:40 AM
luckily, we have the same time zone as Shanghai.

and it is a weekend! no school!

i hope djokovic wins this. from 0-3 in the round robin last year.. to a winner this year!

*Raine
11-15-2008, 07:43 AM
luckily, we have the same time zone as Shanghai.

and it is a weekend! no school!

i hope djokovic wins this. from 0-3 in the round robin last year.. to a winner this year!

Exactly :D.. this one of those times why I love our time zone.

Go Novak :yippee:

MagicMilan
11-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Another big final :worship:
Great drama but not so much quality, Novak looked dead tired in the end and I thought he was toast after being broken. I guess his mental toughness proved too much for Simon. Good luck in the final :)
He he, my prediction is coming true :D :p

*Ljubica*
11-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Another big final :worship:
Great drama but not so much quality, Novak looked dead tired in the end and I thought he was toast after being broken. I guess his mental toughness proved too much for Simon. Good luck in the final :)
He he, my prediction is coming true :D :p

So happy :) Don't want to start worrying about the Final yet - just enjoy the moment for a while :)

aeronatasha
11-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Thank you Novak. From the grandpa tennis you showed in the 1st set, to effective drop shots, clutch play and occasional excellent shots.
Nervewrecking to watch, but you did it.

Murrey looking tired as hell. Kolya has a big chance to take this if he doesn't choke.

Good luck tomorrow Nole, gonna need all of it to win.

MagicMilan
11-15-2008, 12:37 PM

So happy :) Don't want to start worrying about the Final yet - just enjoy the moment for a while :)
Well, by winning the final, that moment will last much longer :D

savesthedizzle
11-15-2008, 12:42 PM
I still haven't been able to see any of this tournament :sad:

but I'm glad he made it through :) good luck in the final :D

uglyamerican
11-15-2008, 12:49 PM
From the grandpa tennis you showed in the 1st set,

That's funny. 'grandpa tennis'

mlove
11-15-2008, 12:58 PM
those drop shots... :eek:
A lot of drama, but SO very very happy with the result!! :worship:

Good luck in the final!

uglyamerican
11-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Good luck in the final!

Against Davydenko!

We really need a trophy.

Tess Gray
11-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Nole :banana: :woohoo: Great job! Congrats and good luck in the final vs Nikolai :D

*Raine
11-15-2008, 02:29 PM

Me too :bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

Good luck tomorrow Nole..

aeronatasha
11-15-2008, 02:48 PM
That's funny. 'grandpa tennis'

:lol: Well it just popped in my mind as the right word to describe how tight and scared he was hitting the ball during that 1st set.
Good thing he managed to get into more rhythm.
I remember being impressed when Novak faced 0-30 on his serve, and served 4 aces like it's nothing. Simon went nutz and I can't blame him. :o

Another brilliant move was that backhand parallel Novak hit on full run, landing dead on the line :eek:, after he anticipated correctly which side Simon would target. And dropshots were first class, which also stunned me.

I like Kolya a lot, too bad I can't root for him tomorrow. But I'm very glad he managed to get to the final, I felt he truly deserved it, and Murrey would have his hands full even if he was his freshest self today.

kalisita
11-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Interviews after SF victory from ATP tv.

English: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Shanghai/Interviews/0,,11444~1455217,00.html

Serbian: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Shanghai/Interviews/0,,11444~1455367,00.html

neenah
11-15-2008, 03:01 PM
I must say, this tournament has been quite a surprise for me. :)

I would love to see Novak win tomorrow, but I also think it would be fantastic for a slamless player like Kolya to win. So I'm just hoping for a good match, and will be happy with whoever wins.

njnetswill
11-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Novak still in :woohoo:

Murray out :woohoo:

Davydenko :worship: Very impressive after a very ugly 2nd half of the season by Kolya.

Pepi.
11-15-2008, 03:08 PM
take the title :banana:

congrats :D

kalisita
11-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Singles Championship Match starts tomorrow 4 pm local time.

So that'll be 3 am EST. :awww: Every day now it gets freaking earlier! :crying2:

zsanika
11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
"Final is something special," said Djokovic. "Every player has a motive more to do well and to win the title. I didn't win a title for a long time already, since Rome, so I would like to end up my season in a good way."

neenah
11-15-2008, 03:42 PM
Singles Championship Match starts tomorrow 4 pm local time.

So that'll be 3 am EST. :awww: Every day now it gets freaking earlier! :crying2:

:(

I haven't watched a tennis match since the USO, with the exception of about 5 minutes of a match in Madrid. :sad:

*Ljubica*
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
Interviews after SF victory from ATP tv.

English: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Shanghai/Interviews/0,,11444~1455217,00.html

Serbian: http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Shanghai/Interviews/0,,11444~1455367,00.html

Thank you :hug: I love to hear Nole speaking his own language :inlove: Even though it just shows me how much more I have to learn of it :lol:

zsanika
11-15-2008, 04:08 PM
http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm234/katalin56/final.jpg

11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm :inlove: with Nole's laugh in the english interview. It's so full, hearty. Sweet.

Has anyone seen Kolya's outfit in his interview? Love this guy :rolls:

*Ljubica*
11-15-2008, 04:36 PM
I'm :inlove: with Nole's laugh in the english interview. It's so full, hearty. Sweet.

Has anyone seen Kolya's outfit in his interview? Love this guy :rolls:

Yes - and I love Kolya too :hearts: Just maybe not tomorrow :sad:

arm
11-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I havent celebrated in this thread yet! :lol: Here it goes:

:woohoo:
:banana::banana:
:bounce::bounce:

Scotso
11-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Great chance for Nole to win another major title and gain in the rankings. :rocker2:

Okonsky
11-15-2008, 07:33 PM
I became a fan of Novak Djokovic because the way he fought, the mental toughness he showed when he's still a teenager. Now he's older and fighting smarter, but that's not the reason for me to become his fan.

May be he needs to balance between consering his energy and giving it all on the court. That will take time to learn. But for me, it's better to conserve his energy by picking tournaments to play than not giving any effort on court.

Herdwick listed all the rational reasons for him to not losing that match, so I am not going to repeat her.

You do have your points here and let's hope that this move will pay off down the road.

I understand you. As a Serb 'I have to cheer for Novak' *if you can't understand sorry but Serbs are like me 97%* no matter what, you choose him *follow all your reasons you already said*.
You're right but you could see what happened to Murray today. He lost semifinal yesterday. That's why I'am saying - very unexpirienced, uncalculated. OK, fair but without result. If Andy did the same as Novak he would be in final. Tiredness killed him today. Nice but cost too much.

As for Novak generaly, everything what you said 'is on right place'. Really. I'd be fool if I wouldn't agree with you.

Anyway, congrats to Novak - he is in final (which is amazing considering everything lately) and he defeated the most disgusting & annoying player - Simon. I am really sorry for Andy, I'd like this Novak-Andy final.

tangerine_dream
11-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Novak :yippee: How great would it be if he could bookend his year with a TMC shield? Good luck to him in the final. :bounce:

*goes to put a huge jinx bet on Davydenko*

savesthedizzle
11-15-2008, 09:19 PM
I apparently put a huge jinx bet on Murray yesterday without knowing it was a jinx bet. :rolls: *is vpoor* :haha:

Good luck Nole :D :rocker2:

Lee
11-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I understand you. As a Serb 'I have to cheer for Novak' *if you can't understand sorry but Serbs are like me 97%* no matter what, you choose him *follow all your reasons you already said*.
You're right but you could see what happened to Murray today. He lost semifinal yesterday. That's why I'am saying - very unexpirienced, uncalculated. OK, fair but without result. If Andy did the same as Novak he would be in final. Tiredness killed him today. Nice but cost too much.

As for Novak generaly, everything what you said 'is on right place'. Really. I'd be fool if I wouldn't agree with you.

Anyway, congrats to Novak - he is in final (which is amazing considering everything lately) and he defeated the most disgusting & annoying player - Simon. I am really sorry for Andy, I'd like this Novak-Andy final.

And looks like he made the right decision :lol:

I also looked forward to a Novak-Andy final too but I'll take Davydenko. ;)

zerocool_
11-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Good luck Nole :)

Sunset of Age
11-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Congrats on your fellow reaching the TMC final, Nole Folks! :hatoff:

Didn't I say already that he'd probably make it? ;)

Good luck for tomorrow!

Lee
11-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks Karin!

arm
11-15-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks Karin. :hug:

Lee
11-15-2008, 10:59 PM
OMG, Nole was soooooo tight after he's up a break in 3rd set. I would think that cramp on his left leg came from nerve more than running on the court.

Lee
11-16-2008, 04:04 AM
Kolya is the favorite to win the final. :lol: No pressure, Nole! :p

savesthedizzle
11-16-2008, 04:07 AM
I like it :)

Therefore he's the hunter, not the hunted :D

:dance:

zsanika
11-16-2008, 07:52 AM
good luck Nole Today!!!!you are the BETTER AND THE BEST!!!!

*Raine
11-16-2008, 07:58 AM
Good luck Novak...

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:02 AM
:scared: Watching live stream from sina.com

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:03 AM
no sound :shrug:

Jelena_78
11-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Good luck Novak!!!

Mo :hearts:

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:08 AM
Another Mo follower :lol:

*Ljubica*
11-16-2008, 08:13 AM
Congrats on your fellow reaching the TMC final, Nole Folks! :hatoff:

Didn't I say already that he'd probably make it? ;)

Good luck for tomorrow!

Thanks so much Karin :hug:

I am nervous :unsure: :sad:

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey, it's fast-starting Novak!

Is this match a best of 5 sets?

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:29 AM
Best of 3. I think that's better for Nole

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 08:32 AM
Best of 3. I think that's better for Nole

That's nice to hear. I agree--it's better for our boy.

Glad you are on top of things.

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:36 AM
:lol: I have 2 live streams running. One is better quality but like 3 points behind. :p

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 08:41 AM
:lol: I have 2 live streams running. One is better quality but like 3 points behind. :p

My favorite Sumo-guy just won a tough bout. Things are going good so far this morning.

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:42 AM
no bagel :p

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:46 AM
:woohoo: First set and didn't get broken serving for the set. :lol:

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Davydenko is mysterious.

zerocool_
One more Nole :) And hi all :)

uglyamerican
:woohoo: First set and didn't get broken serving for the set. :lol:

Thank goodness. That's a trend I don't care for.

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 09:39 AM
Let's win the second set by breaking.

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 09:48 AM
noooooooooo

Lee
11-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Another chance to serve for the championship. DON'T WASTE IT!!!

Lee
11-16-2008, 09:58 AM
This is PHEW!!!!

uglyamerican
11-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Ah-ha! What a pleasant surprise for the end of the season.

Lee
11-16-2008, 10:03 AM
He finally showed some of his form in the last match of the year. His serve is back. He moves better. Even his dropshots were better yesterday. Still a bit tight when serving for the match and made all the UEs to lost his only serve in this match while serving for the championship. Anyway, much calmer the 2nd time around and ended the match with a love game.

tmv
11-16-2008, 10:04 AM
http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/yaysmiles.gif http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/hapydancsmil.gif http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/multistars.gif http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/clap.gif http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/blissysmile.gif http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smilies/trampo.gif http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/onesmiley1.gif

http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/hoppisar2.gif

Chupakabra
11-16-2008, 10:07 AM
He,he... That was definitely (A BIG) Shanghai Surprise as it is written in the title! :D

Yesssss... :worship:

:banana::banana::banana:

pookykiki
11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I have no words to describe how happy and relieved I am! Well done Nole! The hug with Marjan and his clan was beautiful!
Raquel you're Nole's charm ;)

*Ljubica*
11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
Just so happy I can't stop crying :lol:

Love you Nole :hug:

Kalista - you can start EVERY tournament thread from now on :lol:

Tess Gray
11-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Great ending to the season Nole:hug: Now go on and have a well deserved vacation:D

Congratulations everyone!:wavey:

MagicMilan
11-16-2008, 10:27 AM
:banana:
2 big titles in a year :worship: I'll forgive him for the crappy indoor season :angel:
The best match Novak played in Shanghai, by far. It's totally different when he cuts down the UEs and constructs the points the way he wants. Congrats man, well deserved :D :bigclap:

~Maya~
11-16-2008, 10:35 AM
Congratulations Novak :woohoo:

mlove
11-16-2008, 10:38 AM
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap:

Well done Nole!!! What a great ending to the season!

*Raine
11-16-2008, 10:39 AM
:bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigclap::bigc lap::bigclap::bigclap:

11-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Can Nole win a match? Can he play a good tounrament? Can he end the season on a high note?

Good news: He only has to win 1 match to improve last years results.
Bad news: Field will be very strong.

Good news: He's looking/playing better this year than he did this time last year.
Bad news: Still not where he (and we) want him to be.

Good news: Already said he was very motivated to do well (and not that motivated in Bercy.)
Bad news: Was also very motivated last year and didn't go well.

So I say: Be Optimitic!

Ajde Nole! Hope he get a good group and enjoys being in Shanghai for the last Masters Cup held there. :)

^What we expected. And what we got:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/34/fullj.0a3dfd71ca0507033c9385b16aac763b/0a3dfd71ca0507033c9385b16aac763b-getty-tennis-atp-masters-chn-final.jpg

I can't help but feel like we deserve this one, guys :hug: After the painful Wimby/Cincy/Paris/Madrid losses, the fiasco at the USO, and being lost among the top, this one is special.

neznana
11-16-2008, 10:42 AM
YESSS HE WONNNNNN ALE ALE NOLE SRBIJA
http://shrani.si/f/3o/MO/4kpg8Ho3/5/srb.gif http://shrani.si/f/3o/MO/4kpg8Ho3/5/srb.gif http://shrani.si/f/3o/MO/4kpg8Ho3/5/srb.gif

kalisita
11-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Adding my :woohoo:s to the official tournament thread.

Congratulations Nole on first Masters Cup and fourth title of the year! :hatoff: Title #11! :yeah:

:bounce::woohoo::bounce::woohoo::bounce:

Only one thing left to do really :dance::banana::dance:

Lee
11-16-2008, 10:49 AM
Finally another sticky :yeah:

kalisita
11-16-2008, 10:58 AM
FSN is showing this at 1 pm where I am. They have a 3 hour block scheduled. That means I should get to see the entire match again and hopefully the ceremony as well. :)

(Though I fear that FSN will find a way to mess it up. Please please make up for your generally crappy coverage today FSN. Please. :awww:)

*Raine
11-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Just so happy I can't stop crying :lol:

Love you Nole :hug:

Kalista - you can start EVERY tournament thread from now on :lol:

Awww :hug:

I don't know if I can even sleep tonight :lol:

*Ljubica*
11-16-2008, 11:12 AM
FSN is showing this at 1 pm where I am. They have a 3 hour block scheduled. That means I should get to see the entire match again and hopefully the ceremony as well. :)

(Though I fear that FSN will find a way to mess it up. Please please make up for your generally crappy coverage today FSN. Please. :awww:)

I get to see it again at 2.00pm this afternoon - without the nerves :) I can record it then too - was too scared to do it the first time!

Going for a walk first though - need some fresh air :)

Nole :banana: :banana:

Okonsky
11-16-2008, 11:20 AM
Well weel done boy. Forget Jelena is your girlfriend?

Scotso
11-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Nole :yeah:

Jelena_78
11-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Nole :woohoo: :woohoo:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Great season ending!:rocker:

Pepi.
Nole :banana:
congrats :D

emy_rodd
Congratulations Nole!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful victory !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

*Raine
11-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I will watch the replay too :angel:

arm
11-16-2008, 12:10 PM
If I could, I would watch a replay too. :lol:

Herdwick
11-16-2008, 12:10 PM
:woohoo: What a wonderful world! :inlove: Nole ends the year as it began!

And it's on at 2pm here so can get to savour every moment again. :bounce:

Sunset of Age
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Here I am again... CONGRATS to Djoko for winning the title! :hatoff:

(I wasn't too far off when I said he'd manage a few days ago, was I? ;))

Björki
11-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Very well done Nole :woohoo: :) :yeah:

~Maya~
11-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Thanks Karin :hug:

Herdwick
11-16-2008, 02:04 PM

Thank you again - you know you're always welcome here! We're so happy but still in shock - we really did not expect this (except Raquel that is) but oh it is such a sweet surprise.

*Ljubica*
11-16-2008, 02:33 PM

Thanks again Karin :hug: As Herdwick said - we're all still in shock - but it's a wonderful shock, and somewhat unexpected after the past 6 months of heartbreak and disappointment. It's soooooo sweet though :D And thanks again for all your sporting and fair comments and good wishes to Nole and his fans, - you know you are always welcome here :hug:

neenah
11-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Well, I can't say I saw this victory coming! :eek: Novak :yeah: He started and ended the season well - the middle, well, ... :lol: But at least he ended on a good note. :)

Karin :hug:

PennyThePenguin
11-16-2008, 03:23 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ataptc
11-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Haven't been around for a while but I was watching the tournament all week on tv. Am so glad Nole won today. He had a great start and end of year, and this made up for some of his nonsense play earlier on :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

savesthedizzle
11-16-2008, 03:47 PM
Finally another sticky :yeah:

:rolls: but now it's the end of the season when we unsticky them all anyway :rolls:

But still :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It stinks that I did not see a single minute of it, but the end result was so good I can't really complain :rolls:

njnetswill
11-16-2008, 04:53 PM

carlhiro
11-16-2008, 04:53 PM
wee! nolé won!

my cousins were laughing at me when I cheered for nolé. i didn't care. i'm just happy.

star
11-16-2008, 06:27 PM
:woohoo: :banana: :aparty: :music: :drink: :smoke:

I am giddy with happiness. :dance:

It was so good after reading all the posts on GM about how Nole wasn't playing well and just scraping by in his victories etc. etc. Now everyone is back to hating on Djokovic and that's how I like it best! It means he's winning. :lol: :lol:

The match is just now beginning for me, and I'm going to watch it and savor each point. What a wonderful way to end the year! :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: for all Djokovic fans. :)

tangerine_dream
11-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Yesssss. A very nice Shanghai surprise indeed. :woohoo: What a way to finish off 2008, Novak bookends the year with AO and now TMC. :worship:

I am watching the match now on MSG, Davydenko looks completely lost out there but even better, Novak looks like his old self :yippee: Focused, aggressive, the serve's working, the tennis brain is working. All very good signs for 2009. :cool:

The mods closed l_mac's Nole bashing thread in GM. *edit* Well, it seems they've closed ALL of the roasting threads.

*edit*

Adding headlines here. Novak is front page news in his home country for his TMC win. :cool:

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:31 PM
:rolls: but now it's the end of the season when we unsticky them all anyway :rolls:

But still :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

It stinks that I did not see a single minute of it, but the end result was so good I can't really complain :rolls:

Keep it stick until the new season starts. pretty please :awww:

Herdwick
11-16-2008, 08:44 PM
:woohoo: :banana: :aparty: :music: :drink: :smoke:

I am giddy with happiness. :dance:

It was so good after reading all the posts on GM about how Nole wasn't playing well and just scraping by in his victories etc. etc. Now everyone is back to hating on Djokovic and that's how I like it best! It means he's winning. :lol:

The match is just now beginning for me, and I'm going to watch it and savor each point. What a wonderful way to end the year! :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :kiss: :kiss: for all Djokovic fans. :)

Yesssss. A very nice Shanghai surprise indeed. :woohoo: What a way to finish off 2008, Novak bookends the year with AO and now TMC.:worship:

I am watching the match now on MSG, Davydenko looks completely lost out there but even better, Novak looks like his old self :yippee: Focused, aggressive, the serve's working, the tennis brain is working. All very good signs for 2009. :cool:

The mods closed l_mac's Nole bashing thread in GM.

Hello, good evening and welcome. Thank you both for your appreciation and good wishes! (Why can't all of MTF be like you - it could be such a great place.) We are still ridiculously happy here :bounce:

As for l_mac - well there is no dungeon so dark as an ungenerous heart.

*Ljubica*
11-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello, good evening and welcome. Thank you both for your appreciation and good wishes! (Why can't all of MTF be like you - it could be such a great place.) We are still ridiculously happy here :bounce:

:worship: :worship:

Lee
11-16-2008, 08:59 PM
The mods closed l_mac's Nole bashing thread in GM.

Not just Nole's but all players, even the Bryans in doubles forum. At least until the beginning of next season.

Spes
11-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Fitting thread title, I think. Certainly comes as a surprise to me.

Well done Novak! :woohoo:

Should give him oodles of confidence heading into next season.

star
11-16-2008, 10:25 PM
Not just Nole's but all players, even the Bryans in doubles forum. At least until the beginning of next season.

That's good news. I've thought those threads were bad for the board ever since the Lleyton bashing thread that started way back when and culminating with the Piggy Roasting thread. Somehow that struck me as particularly bad.

Anyway, I watched the match. Nole was transcendent during the first set, and just good during the second. His backing off from playing aggressively when serving for the match continues to trouble me. I was surprised he was so fresh after the match against Simon. :bigclap:

star
11-16-2008, 10:33 PM

Well, I'm a Djokovic fan, so it's pretty easy for me to be appreciative. :lol: :lol: Believe me, I don't post good wishes in the Federer or Nalbandian forums. :p

I don't have those same thoughts about Linda. I do wish that people who have had bashing threads started about their favorites wouldn't start the same about others. But, I also understand that she thinks there is just good natured fun in that thread. I know the same was said about the Roddick bashing thread, but I didn't see it the same way. I don't go into any of those threads though, so I guess I'm not the one to judge.

Lee
11-16-2008, 10:43 PM
That's good news. I've thought those threads were bad for the board ever since the Lleyton bashing thread that started way back when and culminating with the Piggy Roasting thread. Somehow that struck me as particularly bad.

Anyway, I watched the match. Nole was transcendent during the first set, and just good during the second. His backing off from playing aggressively when serving for the match continues to trouble me. I was surprised he was so fresh after the match against Simon. :bigclap:

Well, I'm a Djokovic fan, so it's pretty easy for me to be appreciative. :lol: :lol: Believe me, I don't post good wishes in the Federer or Nalbandian forums. :p

I don't have those same thoughts about Linda. I do wish that people who have had bashing threads started about their favorites wouldn't start the same about others. But, I also understand that she thinks there is just good natured fun in that thread. I know the same was said about the Roddick bashing thread, but I didn't see it the same way. I don't go into any of those threads though, so I guess I'm not the one to judge.

I don't know it's good or bad. For me, I can take those jokes in the bashing threads and it would be perfect that if haters can keep their hate in bashing threads and let fans celebrate in scoring threads. But that's utopia :p

star
11-16-2008, 10:53 PM
I don't know it's good or bad. For me, I can take those jokes in the bashing threads and it would be perfect that if haters can keep their hate in bashing threads and let fans celebrate in scoring threads. But that's utopia :p

I don't mind people not liking the players I like or having different opinions about them. But I think name calling such as, Fakervic and Pig, should be off limits. It just makes for really uncivil discussion. I don't care that people think Djokovic is faking his injuries or taking unfair advantage with medical time outs. That's something that can be discussed and people can choose to differ in their conclusions. I think it's perfectly all right to discuss those things in the match thread. Maybe if only the name calling -- both of players and of other posters -- were prohibited, it would make GM more civil. But then you get into the gray areas. Is calling a player a ball basher name calling? Or is calling someone a faker name calling? It's very difficult. There are posters banned who don't annoy me so much, and others who are allowed to get by with a lot of very disgusting behavior. Maybe it's just whose ox is being gored. I'm not sure. I do think that at the very least, personal attacks on other posters shouldn't be allowed.

Lee
11-16-2008, 11:00 PM
I don't mind people not liking the players I like or having different opinions about them. But I think name calling such as, Fakervic and Pig, should be off limits. It just makes for really uncivil discussion. I don't care that people think Djokovic is faking his injuries or taking unfair advantage with medical time outs. That's something that can be discussed and people can choose to differ in their conclusions. I think it's perfectly all right to discuss those things in the match thread. Maybe if only the name calling -- both of players and of other posters -- were prohibited, it would make GM more civil. But then you get into the gray areas. Is calling a player a ball basher name calling? Or is calling someone a faker name calling? It's very difficult. There are posters banned who don't annoy me so much, and others who are allowed to get by with a lot of very disgusting behavior. Maybe it's just whose ox is being gored. I'm not sure. I do think that at the very least, personal attacks on other posters shouldn't be allowed.

Those are really tough calls.

And these are even tougher :lol:

Edit: star,can't rep you back. give me a little bit of time before checking your PM

cobalt60
11-17-2008, 02:03 AM

Well since I rarely rep folks anymore and never pm unless I reply to another I can't help myself replying here. And this is the first time I have ever read anything other than the chat thread on Nole's forum. What I bolded above is the only crap I have a hard time with here. I actually did not mind the GM threads which if taken with a bit of humor are quite funny. I do understand they can get out of hand but that's when I leave. I do not understand the mentally of some posters; even those I quite like to attack another. I think it is done more often as a counter attack because someone was hurt by something someone said and so on and so on. That gets out of hand too often for me. And that's where I wish the mods would step in sooner. It is a thankless job but I am repeating myself. Have a good night etc all and congrats on the Nole win!

Sunset of Age
11-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Thank you again - you know you're always welcome here! We're so happy but still in shock - we really did not expect this (except Raquel that is) but oh it is such a sweet surprise.

Thanks again Karin :hug: As Herdwick said - we're all still in shock - but it's a wonderful shock, and somewhat unexpected after the past 6 months of heartbreak and disappointment. It's soooooo sweet though :D And thanks again for all your sporting and fair comments and good wishes to Nole and his fans, - you know you are always welcome here :hug:

Well, I can't say I saw this victory coming! :eek: Novak :yeah: He started and ended the season well - the middle, well, ... :lol: But at least he ended on a good note. :)

Karin :hug:

Thanks to you all! :hug:

You know, I think I might just understand a bit what you fellows went through during the past couple of months ;). It's one of those notorious MTF-rules: "Any player that goes through a couple of unexpected losses, is a hasbeen, and should retire immediately..." :rolleyes:

It's been said a lot about one of my guys during the course of this year - and yes, it's been said a lot about Nole as well. That's why I can well understand how happy all of you are now, just to know that your guy is STILL THERE, and will most probably make his mark again during the upcoming season. I felt exactly the same way when Roger F. grabbed the USO title this year. :D

To summ it all up: Say "NO!" to all unnecessary hatred! ;)

MagicMilan
11-17-2008, 02:47 AM

You know, I think I might just understand a bit what you fellows went through during the past couple of months ;). It's one of those notorious MTF-rules: "Any player that goes through a couple of unexpected losses, is a hasbeen, and should retire immediately..." :rolleyes:

It's been said a lot about one of my guys during the course of this year - and yes, it's been said a lot about Nole as well. That's why I can well understand how happy all of you are now, just to know that your guy is STILL THERE, and will most probably make his mark again during the upcoming season. I felt exactly the same way when Roger F. grabbed the USO title this year. :D

Thanks Karin, one of the few class posters here ;)
Can't be said of the GM right now :o

neenah
11-17-2008, 02:58 AM

If I could rep you, I would. :yeah:

I really do appreciate how accepting you are. :) Your mindset is definitely not found everywhere on MTF.

And I know exactly what you mean about Fed's USO victory. :lol: