Gaston in Cincinatti [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Gaston in Cincinatti

Boludo
07-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Gaston plays Todd Reid, the poor mans Lleyton Hewitt, it will be tough for him to do well here, having to fly to Canada and then play, but he can only do his best.

Marc Rosset is Tall
07-28-2004, 08:02 AM
Gaston is supposed to be the third match on court 1, the rain delay might have helped him a bit and gave him an extra day rest, but lets hope the rain stays away and that he can overcome the annoying Reid.

joeb_uk
07-28-2004, 11:59 AM
i havent actually had a chance to see gaudio on a hardcourt, ive only seen him on clay about 7 times. im looking forward to seeing how he plays tho! hopefully we will get coverage

UseTheSearchTool
07-28-2004, 12:03 PM
i havent actually had a chance to see gaudio on a hardcourt, ive only seen him on clay about 7 times. im looking forward to seeing how he plays tho! hopefully we will get coverage

Have you got Sky Sports coverage? I don't think you will see Gaston today.

I can imagine Henman vs Zabaleta will be the one today.

joeb_uk
07-28-2004, 12:10 PM
yeah sky sports, ahh yeah wont be on! they only show centre and grandstand. not really a good interactive service compared to bbc who provided 5 courts instead of 2

Action Jackson
07-28-2004, 12:13 PM
yeah sky sports, ahh yeah wont be on! they only show centre and grandstand. not really a good interactive service compared to bbc who provided 5 courts instead of 2

I get the same coverage actually, and I will just have to wait on the scores. Gaston can be quite good on a hardcourt, it's just that he didn't/doesn't believe in himself as much. Also the faster surface doesn't help his game. I remember Neely tried to make him out as crap on the surface, but he has managed to beat Ferrero twice, Agassi, Kafelnikov on a hardcourt, and has choked big time Federer last year, but he is not as consistent.

joeb_uk
07-28-2004, 12:15 PM
lol yeah i saw the comments by neely, so it is definately a mental problem? if he put his mind to believing in himself how good do you think he could be ?

Action Jackson
07-28-2004, 12:22 PM
lol yeah i saw the comments by neely, so it is definately a mental problem? if he put his mind to believing in himself how good do you think he could be ?

Fourth round if he serves well, then again Costa made 2 QFs of a hardcourt Slam, Corretja was able to get good results on hardcourts, so if Gaudio wants to improve then he can, though it wil be hard.

Zetlandsk
07-29-2004, 04:34 AM
Gaston couldn't come through, but then again Massu and Schuettler didn't get through to the 1st round either, so the transition time wasn't enough, but hey can't win them all and this leaves more time to prepare for Cincinatti and the Olympics.

UseTheSearchTool
07-31-2004, 07:27 AM
He plays Gambill in the 1st round and I think this is a good match for him, and he should be able to handle Gambill, he has had some good wins in Cincinatti and all the best for this tournament.

Action Jackson
07-31-2004, 08:41 AM
He plays Gambill in the 1st round and I think this is a good match for him, and he should be able to handle Gambill, he has had some good wins in Cincinatti and all the best for this tournament.

Well Gaston has a 0-2 record against Gambill, and both of those matches were played on a hardcourt and he only won 2 games 6-0 6-2 6-0. Gambill must have closed his eyes and started swinging.

As long as Gaston gets Gambill's serve back well enough, then he will have chances to improve though their last match was in 2002, and Gaston has improved since then.

Zetlandsk
08-01-2004, 01:07 PM
I hope Gaston doesn't lose to the Ken Doll Gambill.

Boludo
08-02-2004, 10:30 AM
Gaston is the first match on centre court today, and he will turn around that bad loss and he needs to win this match, and it's time to improve his performances on hardcourts.

joeb_uk
08-02-2004, 11:07 AM
yeah its good hes on centre court, ill be able to watch this match before i go football training hopefully :) so lucky its first match up

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-02-2004, 11:11 AM
Gaston better put on a good performance today for our sake joeb.

joeb_uk
08-02-2004, 11:22 AM
yeah, i dont mind if a player struggles on a certain surface but when they automatically blow it in their mind this annoys me

joeb_uk
08-02-2004, 03:13 PM
ok we have interactive coverage of the match!

TennisLurker
08-02-2004, 09:44 PM
gaston won in straight sets, he played very well.

now he has to play rusedski I think

joeb_uk
08-03-2004, 12:09 AM
aha great news means coverage will be on the main show of sky sports (they suck all the brittish players)

TennisLurker
08-03-2004, 02:16 AM
he played rusedski a few years ago and lost 67 67 (2 tie breaks, lol what can you expect with rusedski) I hope gaudio will serve good, get some good returns and win.

Action Jackson
08-03-2004, 08:46 AM
Gaston handled Gambill very well, the match was never in doubt really. He had too much game for Gambill, and as TL said, he will need to return well and if he can return well and not get too frustrated then he can win.

Marc Rosset is Tall
08-03-2004, 09:22 AM
Good performance by Gaudio, the funniest thing was Doug Adler's commentary about Gambill's dad, saying that he will blast him after he lost, later he says not literally.

lsy
08-03-2004, 01:19 PM
I saw the match and very well played Gaudio!

I hope they will put him on center court again next match :)

Action Jackson
08-04-2004, 06:35 AM
Gaston is the 1st match on the grandstand court, but I have some good feelings about this match.

Daniel
08-04-2004, 09:53 AM
good luck !! :)

YulBrynnerWasBald
08-04-2004, 09:59 AM
Come on Gaston, beat the nandrolene man in straight sets would be preferable.

joeb_uk
08-04-2004, 02:08 PM
Come on Gaston, beat the nandrolene man in straight sets would be preferable.

couldnt have said it better

RogiFan88
08-04-2004, 08:02 PM
good for El Gato but I'm disappointed that he and many players used TO as a mere w/up to Cincy... not their fault, but the scheduling's fault... too damn bad... w have liked to see more of him... [not that I didn't take a GOOD look while I did see him play... ahem]

Zetlandsk
08-05-2004, 07:20 AM
It was disappointing that the nandrolene man triumphed, Gaston had this match in control, but he let himself gets frustrated by nandrolene man, at least he can go to Athens and start his preparations for the Games, he will lift playing for Argentina.

joeb_uk
08-08-2004, 06:51 PM
yes zet :( its a shame the nandrolone man won!