Nole at Paris Masters--Time for a Good One [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nole at Paris Masters--Time for a Good One

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:48 PM
I know it's a little early for this thread, but might as well move on to Bercy now. And, hey, as long as he wins 1 match, he'll have improved his result from last year. :) And I do believe he can do that.

So, good luck Nole! Nothing to defend through the end of the year, so try to relax and play free. :)

redberyl
10-16-2008, 10:14 PM
Yes~!! Good Luck Nole in Paris. As a fan, what we can do is keep cheering for you. Please do you best and enjoy every moments while you are playing.

I still believe in Nole. Ajde~!!!

ChocGeek
10-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Season is ending so soon.
Do well in Paris Nole!

*Ljubica*
10-17-2008, 06:33 AM
Yes~!! Good Luck Nole in Paris. As a fan, what we can do is keep cheering for you. Please do you best and enjoy every moments while you are playing.

I still believe in Nole. Ajde~!!!

Agreed. As I said in the other thread, - I personally don´t care about him winning everything as long as he is happy, - and believe me, he is :) Yes - he can win one match in Paris, and I might even go to watch it - Paris is only 2 hours on the train from me, just depends on the timing of the match.

So good luck Nole - win or lose , you will still end the season in the Top 3 and you´re still my Number 1 :)

neznana
10-17-2008, 11:42 AM
C'MON NOLE!!!! we want you to WIN this title!! it's your time to explodes now!! gooo :cool::cool:
AJDEEEE!!
goood luck!
:wavey:

~Maya~
10-17-2008, 11:47 AM
Have fun Nole. Good luck

Manon
10-17-2008, 12:47 PM
Have fun Nole. Good luck

That's the message.

Thanks Kalista for the thread.

Running:Free
10-17-2008, 07:30 PM
kalista, I loved the fast rebound :lol: :yeah:

Mission for first match in Paris: SMILE. :D

babuska6
10-18-2008, 07:08 PM
Novak,please make a big result in Paris at last...I want to see u with a trophy!:)

njnetswill
10-20-2008, 04:02 PM
:unsure: I don't want to be disappointed again.

kalisita
10-20-2008, 04:42 PM
:unsure: I don't want to be disappointed again.

Have low expectations! I mean, as long as he wins his first match he'll have done better than last year. :)

I do hope he does well here and for the rest of the year, but if he is low on energy I'd actually rather he do well in Shanghai than Bercy. I would be awful if he doesn't improve on last year's Shanghai results. :o

Herdwick
10-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Evening all

Shall look forward to Paris regardless, although my expectations couldn't be lower:sad:. And I do hope he drops the Halloween mask - it's a bit tired now.
Agree he must win a match at the MC; the wooden spoon two years running is not an option.

On a broader note, am hoping that Andy's surge - *puts on patriotic hat here* :bounce: didn't he do well in Madrid; was mega-impressed - and his very real threat to the number 3 slot - will motivate and focus Nole as Nole's rise did Rafa. I want so much to believe Nole has similar steel at his core. But am sorry to say I won't put my house on it.

*Ljubica*
10-20-2008, 07:11 PM
Evening all

Shall look forward to Paris regardless, although my expectations couldn't be lower:sad:. And I do hope he drops the Halloween mask - it's a bit tired now.
Agree he must win a match at the MC; the wooden spoon two years running is not an option.

On a broader note, am hoping that Andy's surge - *puts on patriotic hat here* :bounce: didn't he do well in Madrid; was mega-impressed - and his very real threat to the number 3 slot - will motivate and focus Nole as Nole's rise did Rafa. I want so much to believe Nole has similar steel at his core. But am sorry to say I won't put my house on it.

Are you making a fleeting visit to Paris this year my dear?

Herdwick
10-20-2008, 07:26 PM
No - may well go back to Madrid next year though. But am put off by the prospect of wall-to-wall WTA and probably WS, knowing my luck.

Snakes alive - what's happening in GM? There's 2 threads discussing Nole's current form in a sane and intelligent manner...

*Ljubica*
10-20-2008, 07:31 PM
No - may well go back to Madrid next year though. But am put off by the prospect of wall-to-wall WTA and probably WS, knowing my luck.

Snakes alive - what's happening in GM? There's 2 threads discussing Nole's current form in a sane and intelligent manner...

:shrug: Guess since he hasn't been winning so much, his "haters" have lost some of their intensity. Half of the hate was only because they were Roger/Rafa fans who felt threatened by his success anyway - they obviously think he's not such a threat anymore :awww:

Know what you mean about Madrid - don't think I'll go though, as it's too close to Roland Garros (where I always spend a few days in the first week), and if Nole's plans to move that tourney to Serbia come to fruition, that will be in May too, and I will definitely go there :)

*Ljubica*
10-24-2008, 05:01 AM
The draw is tonght at 6.30pm (French time). I believe you can hear it live on the Net :) Let's hope for a good one.

kalisita
10-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Draw is still in progress, but so far we know Nole in same half as Fed with Tsonga as potential 3R and Roddick as potential QF. First opponent will be winner of Tursunov-Mannarino. Safin, Karlovic and many big servers in top half.

EDIT: 3rd Quarter

Roddick vs Bye
Tipsarevic vs Lopez
Mathieu vs Andreev
Bye vs Simon

Tsonga vs Bye
Giquel vs Stepanek
Mannarino vs Tursunov
Bye vs Djokovic

*Ljubica*
10-24-2008, 05:44 PM
:awww: My Nole against my Dima possibly again :sad:

Jelena_78
10-24-2008, 10:13 PM

I thought of you the moment I saw the draw :awww: :hug:

~Maya~
10-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I thought of you the moment I saw the draw :awww: :hug:

Me too

*Raine
10-25-2008, 08:30 AM

:awww: Dima and Tsonga for me.

Anyway good luck Nole. I'll probably just lurk here for now because I'll be busy, so I'll leave all the cheering to all of you :lol:. They are probably not going to air the tournament here anyway and the livestreams buffer too much for me :sad:.

:rocker2:Sending all positive thoughts to all of you here. :bigclap:

Herdwick
10-25-2008, 09:45 AM
Oh dear - JWT again. Thanks for the positive thoughts; you have taken on the mantle of our resident optimist in Raquel's absence so please try to beam them to Bercy. :D

*Ljubica*
10-25-2008, 11:11 AM
I won't be there "live" for the possible JWT match - I am only able to go for 2 days and will have to be back at work on Wednesday :sad: - getting home late Tuesday night........ but I should see his first match - and - if not - his practices :lol: And will get to see Janko this time too.

kalisita
10-25-2008, 06:12 PM
The schedule for tomorrow is out and Tusunov-Mannarino will be the first main-draw match played. That probably means that Nole will play Tuesday, though we won't know for sure until Monday evening.

*Ljubica*
10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
For some inexplicable reason :tape: Nole will play doubles. So I think the chances are he will play doubles on Monday and his singles Tuesday - so I should get to see at least 2 matches while I'm there :) He plays with Viktor -so I guess perhaps preparation for DC :shrug: Here is the draw:-

(1) BRYAN, Bob (USA)/BRYAN, Mike (USA)/Bye
FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz (POL)/MATKOWSKI, Marcin (POL) v LOPEZ, Feliciano (ESP)/VERDASCO, Fernando (ESP)
ACASUSO, Jose (ARG)/FERRER, David (ESP) v DJOKOVIC, Novak (SRB)/TROICKI, Viktor (SRB)
Bye/(7) ASPELIN, Simon (SWE)/KNOWLE, Julian (AUT)

(3) BHUPATHI, Mahesh (IND)/KNOWLES, Mark (BAH)/Bye
(WC) MAHUT, Nicolas (FRA)/MATHIEU, Paul-Henri (FRA) v MONACO, Juan (ARG)/NADAL, Rafael (ESP)
MURRAY, Jamie (GBR)/VIZNER, Pavel (CZE) v CILIC, Marin (CRO)/MIRNYI, Max (BLR)
Bye/(6) COETZEE, Jeff (RSA)/MOODIE, Wesley (RSA)

(5) BJORKMAN, Jonas (SWE)/ULLYETT, Kevin (ZIM)/Bye
ARNOLD KER, Lucas (ARG)/NALBANDIAN, David (ARG) v (WC) OUANNA, Josselin (FRA)/TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried (FRA)
KERR, Jordan (AUS)/NIEMINEN, Jarkko (FIN) v MELO, Marcelo (BRA)/SA, Andre (BRA)
Bye/(4) DLOUHY, Lukas (CZE)/PAES, Leander (IND)

(8) RAM, Andy (ISR)/SOARES, Bruno (BRA)/Bye
MONFILS, Gael (FRA)/SIMON, Gilles (FRA) v DAMM, Martin (CZE)/STEPANEK, Radek (CZE)
LINDSTEDT, Robert (SWE)/SODERLING, Robin (SWE) v CLEMENT, Arnaud (FRA)/LLODRA, Michael (FRA)
Bye/(2) NESTOR, Daniel (CAN)/ZIMONJIC, Nenad (SRB)

Herdwick
10-25-2008, 06:58 PM
One could also be uncharitable and say he didn't quite get the match practice he would have expected in Madrid...

But I would guess they're priming Viktor for doubles for DC.

10-25-2008, 07:05 PM
Playing doubles? As long as he has fun, whatever he wants to do is fine with me :p

~Maya~
10-25-2008, 07:24 PM
It might do him good to play doubles to get into the gear. He has tough opponents early. Doesn't get far in doubles anyway.

*Ljubica*
10-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Perhaps he just decided to be nice to me, and play doubles so that I got more opportunity to see him play live :angel: No offence to Viktor though - but I'd rather he was playing with Janko like they did at Queens - that would have been a true feast for my eyes :inlove:

kalisita
10-25-2008, 08:42 PM
It might do him good to play doubles to get into the gear. He has tough opponents early. Doesn't get far in doubles anyway.

Sometimes I think playing doubles would be a good idea since it would give him practice at net. But he never seems to take it seriously outside DC. And now he seems tired so I hope he doesn't go that far.

*Raine
10-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh dear - JWT again. Thanks for the positive thoughts; you have taken on the mantle of our resident optimist in Raquel's absence so please try to beam them to Bercy. :D

I will :lol:.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I can't wait to see him on tv again. Even if he doesn't make it far, it will be fine by me as long as I get to watch him play. :D

I won't be there "live" for the possible JWT match - I am only able to go for 2 days and will have to be back at work on Wednesday :sad: - getting home late Tuesday night........ but I should see his first match - and - if not - his practices :lol: And will get to see Janko this time too.

Have fun Rose :wavey:

kalisita
10-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Tursunov it is. He defeated Mannarino 6-3, 6-2. I'm nervous about this. Dmitry can be dangerous anytime if his head's on right, but especially so indoors. They've also never played each other.

Ajde Nole!

*Ljubica*
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Tursunov it is. He defeated Mannarino 6-3, 6-2. I'm nervous about this. Dmitry can be dangerous anytime if his head's on right, but especially so indoors. They've also never played each other.

Ajde Nole!

Don't worry about Dima - I have plans to distract him :p :angel: :tape:

Herdwick
10-26-2008, 08:31 PM
You distract Dima all you like. Bring out the flying helmet and the wet celery if necessary.

Nole needs all the help he can get these days....

*Raine
10-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Don't worry about Dima - I have plans to distract him :p :angel: :tape:

:aplot:

*Ljubica*
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
You distract Dima all you like. Bring out the flying helmet and the wet celery if necessary.

Nole needs all the help he can get these days....

:lol: But sadly, seems Dima already bought someone with him for distraction purposes this week, so I had best find other fish to fry :angel: Maybe I should buy her some wet celery in the market this afternoon, to help in her distractions :angel:

kalisita
10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
Nole will play Tursunov tomorrow night. First night match, not before 7:45 pm. The second match will be Roddick vs Lopez/Tipsarevic.

kalisita
10-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Nole and Viktor lost to Ferrer and Acasuso 6-4, 6-4. Hope Nole got a little court practice, though I know that Court 1 and Centre play differently.

Herdwick
10-28-2008, 09:55 AM
Morning

Playing tonight :bounce:

Now is this something to be enjoyed or feared.

*Ljubica*
10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
At the risk of sounding mean, Nole sucks at doubles - he really does :tape: I can only imagine he entered to try and improve, in case he is ever needed for DC action, because he definitely isn't good enough to play against people like Acasuso, who is actually an impressive doubles' player. Nole's volleys are atrocious :tape:

Having said that - the match was fun and Nole and Viktor enjoyed themselves immensely; Again nice to see that away from the poison of MTF, Nole is popular with the "real" tennis fans who go to tournaments in France, just as he was in Spain :)

They boys lost 4-6, 4-6, and sadly it was Nole's service that was broken each time :o Acasuso and Ferrer took it far more seriously - in fact I was horrified by Acasuso whining and moaning about line calls and shouting "vamos" all the time, like they were playing a DC final, not a first round doubles on an outside court :rolleyes: He really p***** me off actually :devil:

Viktor managed to hit me in the ribs with a mis-hit volley :rolleyes: so I have a huge bruise this morning - but I realise he didn't mean it, and was dreadfully apologetic.

More later :wavey:

~Maya~
10-28-2008, 12:18 PM
Nole does stinks in doubles, so this was no surprise.

Good luck tonight Nole :rocker2:

*Raine
10-28-2008, 01:55 PM
Good luck :banana: :banana:

*Raine
10-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Novak :banana:

10-28-2008, 06:57 PM

Love-hold to start with.

kalisita
10-28-2008, 07:01 PM
And a break!

Nole looks sharp, especially for an early round match. But, got to stay focused.

*Raine
10-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Stay focused Novak :banana:

kalisita
10-28-2008, 07:14 PM
FH going bad when it goes bad. :eek:

*Raine
10-28-2008, 07:15 PM
:lol: at his coach catching the ball

10-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Marian :rolls:

kalisita
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
First set 6-2. Gets to serve first in 2nd! :)

Now, stay focused and don't let Dmitry thinks there is any hope.

Trainer for Tursunov.

10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Nole :hug: Break in the next game, please?

*Raine
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Nice!!!

kalisita
10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Looks like Trainer was back for Tursunov during changeover.

(Is anyone else having trouble with this site?)

Herdwick
10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
Evening - yes exceeding slow.

Hmmmmm.

This is pretty sloppy in the 2nd set, except for that one good rally. And Dima is injured and clearly nowhere near his best.

A smile was just sighted though - makes a change.

kalisita
10-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I can't believe he stopped playing that point, especially since it was BP. Though, I thought it was way more in than it actually was. But, bad choice and now 3 All.

Not as sharp in 2nd, starting to show frustration. Not good.

Just showed error stats. 1st set: 6, Dmitry 11 This set thus far 11, Dmitry 6.

10-28-2008, 07:48 PM
He actually seems to be in a pretty good mood today, Herdwick.

Just needs to clean up the errors, and go to work on Dima's next service game.

Herdwick
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Retired - probably for the best. No sense him doing more damage.

But Nole is going to be minced by the first decent opponent at this rate.

10-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Scrap that "seems to be in a good mood." Threw the racket away just as he walked over to the chair.

Madrid deja vu? :unsure:

JWT or Radek next? Oh, the joyride :p

kalisita
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Tursunov retired. Novak through. He won a match! Yippee! Feel bad for Dima, but I didn't think Nole was going to lose. Needs to play like first set, at least in terms of emotional level, for rest of tournament. Was up and down in second again. Needs to cut down errors, too. Next is winner of Tsonga/Stepanek. Needs to be in good form either way really.

Herdwick
10-28-2008, 07:55 PM
2nd tournament in a row someone's retired on him.
Tsonga or Sexy next. Tough either way. Oh well - we shall remain optimistic.:D

~Maya~
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
2nd tournament in a row someone's retired on him.
Tsonga or Sexy next. Tough either way. Oh well - we shall remain optimistic.:D

I was just thinking about that. Lets hope that the history doesn't repeat

*Raine
10-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I can't believe he stopped playing that point, especially since it was BP. Though, I thought it was way more in than it actually was. But, bad choice and now 3 All.

Not as sharp in 2nd, starting to show frustration. Not good.

Just showed error stats. 1st set: 6, Dmitry 11 This set thus far 11, Dmitry 6.

Me too :o

He actually seems to be in a pretty good mood today, Herdwick.

Just needs to clean up the errors, and go to work on Dima's next service game.

I thought so too, it was nice to see him smiling at some point in the match. :D

:hug:Dima

Herdwick
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Love to see him smile on court - really miss that this year.

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 08:24 AM
Terrific OOP today - why must I work. Must try to be back for Sexy - JWT.

*Raine
10-29-2008, 09:23 AM
Since Monday I've been up watching the games until 6 am, then from 6 am I'll sleep until 1:30 pm. This US and Europe timezones are killing me :lol:.

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
No sacrifice is too great and we all appreciate and admire your fortitude.

You'll get your revenge in January at the AO - we on GMT shall be begging for matchsticks and caffeine. :lol:

ChocGeek
10-29-2008, 09:38 AM
Love to see him smile on court - really miss that this year.

Me too. Last year was a huge contrast. He's much more serious on court now.

*Ljubica*
10-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Terrific OOP today - why must I work. Must try to be back for Sexy - JWT.

Dare I ask which of those two delightful fellows you are cheering for? :rolleyes:

*Raine
10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
No sacrifice is too great and we all appreciate and admire your fortitude.

You'll get your revenge in January at the AO - we on GMT shall be begging for matchsticks and caffeine. :lol:

:lol:

I can't wait for my revenge during the Masters Cup and AO :banana: :banana:

Btw did you do something to JWT? He's not playing great right now. :sad:

EDIT: Yes he won the 2nd set :banana: :lol:

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Just got in....

No - I dislike JWT but I do not stoop to dirty tricks....:devil:

But go Sexy!

JWT now arguing with Hawkeye....

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Sexy - you are a pratt.

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 06:25 PM
Grrr - T*****

*Snorts in disgust*

kalisita
10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
Well, Tsonga it will be tomorrow. I wanted Stepanek for no other reason than at least then Nole wouldn't have to deal with the crowd.

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Quite...

But crowd or no crowd, if Nole replicates last night's performance he may as well pack his bags now.

*Ljubica*
10-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Well, Tsonga it will be tomorrow. I wanted Stepanek for no other reason than at least then Nole wouldn't have to deal with the crowd.

Kind of agree with you there - that crowd are scary :unsure: I'm almost glad I'm back home now, and can watch from the comfort of my armchair with the sound muted, instead of sitting in the middle of them :help: And sadly, I have to agree that with Tsonga in the form he was in at the end of that match, and with the crowd against him, Nole has no chance tomorrow at all :shrug:

*Raine
10-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Just got in....

No - I dislike JWT but I do not stoop to dirty tricks....:devil:

But go Sexy!

JWT now arguing with Hawkeye....

:nerner: :banana: Yay JWT :banana:

:rocker2:Hoping for a great game for Novak tomorrow. We're all behind you Novak :banana: :banana:

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Ah but can we rely upon the word of one with divided loyalties...put not your trust in Raine my sweet Nole.

Btw your bananas are curiously immobile.:rolls:

*Raine
10-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Ah but can we rely upon the word of one with divided loyalties...put not your trust in Raine my sweet Nole.

Btw your bananas are curiously immobile.:rolls:

*hmph*

But I know to set my priorities straight when it comes to Nole (even if I like a lot of players) :D. I'll forget I like JWT tomorrow. :lol:

OT: It's getting late for me since it's already 3:18 am but I'm afraid that if I'll sleep now, I won't be able to watch Muzza. :secret:

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 07:25 PM
*Beams* - knew you were a sound soul really.:hug:

Well Roger's going well so hopefully you won't have too long to wait. I've made you a nice black coffee to keep you awake and there's chocolate cake too.

kalisita
10-29-2008, 09:14 PM
Nole-Tsonga is scheduled 3rd on Centre tomorrow, not before 1:30pm.

Ajde Nole!

Herdwick
10-29-2008, 09:37 PM
:banghead: Was sure Nole-Tsonga would be a night match. Some of us have to work.

Along with Rafa-Gael, this is surely pick of the day for the home crowd. No offence to Berdych-Davy but that's hardly a show-stopper in French eyes.

kalisita
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
:banghead: Was sure Nole-Tsonga would be a night match. Some of us have to work.

Along with Rafa-Gael, this is surely pick of the day for the home crowd. No offence to Berdych-Davy but that's hardly a show-stopper in French eyes.

I was surpised by that as well. I thought either Simon's or Tsonga's match would be a night match. Never would have thought Berdych-Davydenko. :shrug:

*Raine
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
*Beams* - knew you were a sound soul really.:hug:

Well Roger's going well so hopefully you won't have too long to wait. I've made you a nice black coffee to keep you awake and there's chocolate cake too.

:lol:

I already took my nap when you posted this but woke up just in time at 2-2 in the 1st set. The black coffee and chocolate cake would have been nice though :D.

:mad: Our sports channel won't show Novak's match, because I think it will be around at 9 pm here and they only show tennis matches at 11 pm.

njnetswill
10-29-2008, 11:46 PM
I haven't seen Novak on TV since before the US Open. :sad:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Anyone around?

Kickoff imminent....

10-30-2008, 01:06 PM
Yep.

I have a good feeling about this.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Oh please let you be right - what's your track record? He - and we - really need a good win now. The last one was really Rafa in Cincy...

*Raine
10-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I just came back from cheering in Simon's livescoring thread. Too bad he lost

Go Novak!!! :banana:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 01:12 PM
I am nervous :scared:

*Ljubica*
10-30-2008, 01:13 PM
It's too early - I won't get home in time :sad: Got to go into a meeting - no chance to even follow :awww: Go Nole!

10-30-2008, 01:14 PM
Track record? :rolls: I wouldn't be able to tell you because I don't remember the last time I felt good about a match. Nole just needs to concentrate, and shut Jo down soon.

*Raine
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Jo.. Herdwick loves you :lol:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 01:30 PM
:armed: Herdwick acknowledges his right to life, love and the pursuit of happinesss. That is as far as her charity goes though....

10-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Nole's service return is so short that it's allowing JWT to set up volley and finish the point. BP saved.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 01:39 PM
BP's wasted already - same pattern as the Bangkok final. Now watch him lose his serve.

10-30-2008, 01:41 PM
15-30, net-cord becomes the saving grace. No free points off the serve. 15-40, passing shot :sobbing:

Holds. I aged about 6 months in that game :o

kalisita
10-30-2008, 01:44 PM
I can't believe he held there. I thought he was going to get broken after he failed to break Tsonga. Need more first serves next service game!

*Raine
10-30-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm off to concentrate for awhile :lol:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
15-40 Double BP

can't get a first serve, looks to be concentrating too hard to get 2nd in.

Broken. Not in good way, easy for Tsonga.

Looking bleak. Somewhat expected :sad:.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Did he really not expect Tsonga to chase that down?

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Bleak indeed but entirely expected. Straight sets. Nole looks clueless.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Bleak indeed but entirely expected. Straight sets. Nole looks clueless.

Yeah. Tsonga looks sharp and getting everything back. It's weird to say since it happened so early, but that first service game of Tsonga was like the turning point since it really gave Tsonga all kinds of confidence, woke him up. And then the break came and here we are.

10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Nole looks clueless.

Doesn't help that Jo seems to be anticipating Nole's every move so well.

Three BP's saved. Dare I hope? Nah :lol:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:05 PM
This is embarassing. Nole has lost the ability to both serve and return serve.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:10 PM
Well, triple BP gone, but at least Tsonga saved them and Nole didn't screw them up. Some consolation, I guess.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:11 PM
First set gone.

10-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Absolutely DIRE. There is no excuse for missing three BP's, for someone who returns like Nole.

Go on holiday already kid, will ya? :hug:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Beginning to think I'd prefer him not to go to Shanghai - I don't see him improving on last year's whitewash on this form.:sad:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Absolutely DIRE. There is no excuse for missing three BP's, for someone who returns like Nole.

Go on holiday already kid, will ya? :hug:

Nole doesn't return like Nole much anymore. :sad:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:21 PM
Broke! Good play there to break!

Though, very early to break, makes me nervous.

Ajde Nole! :)

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Zippee - brighter game. Now hold your serve.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Oh, knew that was disasterous as soon as he hit it. :o Why, Nole, why?

*Raine
10-30-2008, 02:24 PM
Lets go Nole lets go

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
This is more like it! :bounce:

Injured he may be - we'll take it though.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Up double break now. Gonna win a set! Seems Tsonga has come up lame, level has dropped.

Nice shot Nole!

10-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Make it a bagel. C'mon.

If Jo retires on him :sobbing:

10-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Beautiful passing shot.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:36 PM
:bounce:

Trainer for JWT but of course that's absolutely fine and there will be no complaints.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Alrighty, now, one to go!

jamjar
10-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Delicious.

http://www.bonappetit.com/images/tips_tools_ingredients/ingredients/ttar_baguette_02_v_launch.jpg

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:39 PM
Trainer with Tsonga. Seems to be his thigh.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Tsonga seems fine now. :( BP.

Broken. Two unbelievable shots from JW. Crap!

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Indeed. Must have been faking - no other explanation and I see no reason to be charitable here.

10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Getting passed, twice in a row. If he's coming up to the net, why is leaving court open?

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Indeed. Must have been faking - no other explanation and I see no reason to be charitable here.

He def has little problem in second. Get nice massage, sit for a while. Feel refreshed. Opponent not sure how to play.

I just hate when anyone takes an injury time out and then starts playing unbelievably well. At least make it look legit.

10-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I can't hold Jo out for tanking the second set to save up for the third. Many players do that. No excuse for Nole to loose concentration because of that.

Novak, stay in there :hug:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:56 PM
I can't hold Jo out for tanking the second set to save up for the third. Many players do that. No excuse for Nole to loose concentration because of that.

Novak, stay in there :hug:

Tanking a set is one thing. Tanking and taking time out, to then play the best you've played all match, is another.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Exactly but don't hold your breath awaiting censure from other quarters.

If Tsonga does it there won't be a murmur but when I think of the USO....:banghead:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 02:59 PM
I won't hold my breath awaiting censure from other quarters. If Tsonga does it there won't be a murmur but when I think of the USO....:banghead:

At least Novak makes it look real. ;) Though, there may be some murmurs since Rafa gets them when he does this kind of thing. But, then, many people hate Nole so that may make it okay.

10-30-2008, 03:01 PM
Tanking a set is one thing. Tanking and taking time out, to then play the best you've played all match, is another.

I can't say whether Jo was really injured or not, but once again Nole shouldn't have let it affect him. He's a better and bigger player than that.

Getting a massage once again.

Nole, go bazooka on him :armed: He should start playing uber-aggressive, and maybe it'll loosen him up. Might as well go for all his shots and loose rather than play defensive.

10-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Back to back aces :rocker2:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Agreed but whether it affects Nole is not really the point. The double-standards which we know will be applied in the 2 cases are what irritates me.

10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh yes, absolutely concur on that. As kalista has already said, most people will see it as him getting some of his own medicine.

Serving. Maybe for the last time. C'mon Nole.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Agreed but whether it affects Nole is not really the point. The double-standards which we know will be applied in the 2 cases are what irritates me.

And also, like are people not expected to be human just becauuse they're athletes? Momentum swings are huge and happen for all kinds of reasons.

Next for Tsonga (it seems :sad:) is Roddick. And I will say that Roddick is one player who isn't very affected by those kinds of things because he tends to play in a self-induced hyper bubble. I hope he beats Tsonga.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Come on Nole! 1 Break Only! Make him serve this out.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM
Stars and stripes will certainly be waved furiously tomorrow here...

kalisita
10-30-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh, well. Gained some points at least. Bright side. :)

But, this was very, very disappointing. Had low expectations from start, but then got hopes up. But, he didn't play that badly at least. Break in 3rd came early, right after injury timeout. Left a bad taste in my mouth.Just like against Tursunov on Tuesday. Needs to get over any compassion he may have and just play hard no matter what.

Nole still gracious in defeat. Makes me smile! (Get no credit for that I'm sure. Another way of faking.) And I must admit I didn't really want him to play Roddick tomorrow after what happened at USO.

And, Tsonga now leads H2H, but at least Nole won that one that really counts! :)

10-30-2008, 03:22 PM
:hug: guys.

For some reason, I'm not worried. The new season is right around the corner and I'm leading myself to believe that Nole will come back stronger. This is all part of the learning curve. Ajde :hug:

10-30-2008, 03:25 PM
Nole still gracious in defeat. Makes me smile! (Get no credit for that I'm sure. Another way of faking.) And I must admit I didn't really want him to play Roddick tomorrow after what happened at USO.

It made me smile too.

But you know what, there'll be better days.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 03:26 PM
:hug: guys.

For some reason, I'm not worried. The new season is right around the corner and I'm leading myself to believe that Nole will come back stronger. This is all part of the learning curve. Ajde :hug:

I also think next season will be better. While I know there is a mental component to this, I think a lot of his end of season slump is to do physical problems. This is only the second year that he's played a full, long schedule. It's no surprise that the people doing the best at the end of the year are usually the ones who had lighter schedules through the season. He looks better this year, not as burned out. So I think the beginning of the year will be better and hope that the season as a whole will be better. He's still a very good player regardless of these results.

MagicMilan
10-30-2008, 03:29 PM
i'm not so optimistic :sad:

tmv
10-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I came only to see last few points of the match. Would someone who watched whole thing please explain what happened. How did Nole play?

kalisita
10-30-2008, 03:34 PM
i'm not so optimistic :sad:

Do you really think he's going to be crap player next year? Be out of the top ten? Things aren't that great right not, but, they're not that bad either really.

savesthedizzle
10-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Of course I slept through the whole thing :smash: I woke up just in time for the hug at the end. I didn't mean to sleep this long *sigh*

I think he'll come back strong next year. I think he needs the off season to refocus. I haven't given up on him yet :shrug:

At least I woke up in time for Cilic's match :awww:

~Maya~
10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
I couldn't see the match :(. Well he did better than last year :hug:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 03:56 PM
Of course I slept through the whole thing :smash: I woke up just in time for the hug at the end. I didn't mean to sleep this long *sigh*

I think he'll come back strong next year. I think he needs the off season to refocus. I haven't given up on him yet :shrug:

At least I woke up in time for Cilic's match :awww:

That's right! Never give up! (Though I think I finally gave up on Safin. Even when he gets on a good run, it just bothers me since i know it won't last.)

And Cilic-Fed may be a good match. Cilic playing well thus far. Edit: Going down hill as I write this.

An aside: The guy commentating on Masters Series tv/TTC with Koening annoys the hell out of me. I don't mind the things he says, but his voice gets on my nervous. I like Jason/Robbie and haven't heard enough of them together this tournament.

MagicMilan
10-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Do you really think he's going to be crap player next year? Be out of the top ten? Things aren't that great right not, but, they're not that bad either really.
I've never seen Nole consistently suck for a number of tournaments now, he used to bounce back after a bad performance. I don't think he'll fall out of the top10, he's too good to go out but I'm not sure if he'll be able to hold on to his no.3 ranking :sad: That being said, I hope Novak comes back next year in great style :rocker2:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
I don't think Nole is actually in free fall but things are not overbright right now, especially when weighed against his self-stated ambitions a year or so ago.

Right now Mr Murray is definitely now the heir apparent to Roger and Rafa. Whether Andy can sustain the hot streak next year of course remains to be seen but, objectively speaking, there is no escaping that his game has far greater light and shade and subtlety than Nole's and takes less physical toll. Andy has also had the sense (thus far at least) to keep his mouth shut regarding his ambitions and therefore has not put himself under so much pressure.

*Ljubica*
10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Bleugh :ras: Got home in time to see the third set - my friend recorded the rest of it for me, so will probably watch it later.

In my opinion, Nole still has the immense talent - but has just lost his mental "edge" right now - he gets tight and tense in important moments, and the opponents are taking advantage. I know I've said it before here, - but I really don't care if he drops a few places in the rankings, if this helps him to regain his enjoyment in tennis, and put the smile back on his face on court as well as off. There are plenty of great players around who have fun and make a good living in the Top 10 (think Nalbandian, Roddick etc), and the expectations on them are not so high as they are on the Top 3, so they can relax more. Maybe that's what Nole needs - he's already achieved more then most players ever do in a lifetime.

As for Tsonga........... I'm beginning to feel almost the same way as Herdwick about him :spit: All this chest thumping, and revving up the crowd, and jigging around like a circus animal, don't make him "charismatic" or "enigmatic" in my books - just downright irritsting :devil: And according to our commentators, he took a very "strategic" injury time-out at the end of the 2nd set..... one wonders what the "haters" would say if Nole had done that instead of him? :angel:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I don't think Nole is actually in free fall but things are not overbright right now, especially when weighed against his self-stated ambitions a year or so ago.

Right now Mr Murray is definitely now the heir apparent to Roger and Rafa. Whether Andy can sustain the hot streak next year of course remains to be seen but, objectively speaking, there is no escaping that his game has far greater light and shade and subtlety than Nole's and takes less physical toll. Andy has also had the sense (thus far at least) to keep his mouth shut regarding his ambitions and therefore has not put himself under so much pressure.

Murray has been very clear and outspoken about abilities and ambitions. He believes he can be #1, win all the slams (just not the French first) and that his BH is among the best. Murray has no shortage of self-belief and doesn't care what people think. I think it's just that people don't pay much attention to Murray for some reason. Maybe he was right when he said, half-jokingly, that people are turned off by his voice. But, you're right that there is no way to know how Murray will react when under intense pressure next year. He really has very little to defend, especially at the big events, until Wimbledon next year. Right now, he's only rising.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Anyone watching Murray-Verdasco? Is Verdasco playing well, at least better than in St Petersburg? I can't find a stream. It's weird. Usually I can find one somewhere, especially for a Masters, but it's been hard lately for non-central courts. I guess it's true that not as many people pay attention to the end of the season. :sad:

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Murray has been very clear and outspoken about abilities and ambitions. He believes he can be #1, win all the slams (just not the French first) and that his BH is among the best. Murray has no shortage of self-belief and doesn't care what people think. I think it's just that people don't pay much attention to Murray for some reason. Maybe he was right when he said, half-jokingly, that people are turned off by his voice. But, you're right that there is no way to know how Murray will react when under intense pressure next year. He really has very little to defend, especially at the big events, until Wimbledon next year. Right now, he's only rising.

And that is one of the biggest differences/advantages of all. Nole's sensitivity now is plain for all to see. People know he has been hurt this year by the criticism and can be hurt again. He will therefore find it harder to regain/obtain any aura of invincibility which he was almost beginning to acquire last year.

10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Right now, he's only rising.

Exactly. Andy is having the 2007 Nole had, and when you're going up, there seem to be no limits. Just like it looked as if Nole was in near reach of #1 early this year, Andy's prospects seem bright. However, time sure does change fast. So I'll hold my predictions on how the rankings are going to look like in a year's time or even in months. Nole is smart, but this is a survival of the fittest and sharpest. If he wants it, he'll work for it, and he knows it.

*Raine
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
And Cilic-Fed may be a good match. Cilic playing well thus far. Edit: Going down hill as I write this.

Marin just gave the break back to Federer :sad:

As for Tsonga........... I'm beginning to feel almost the same way as Herdwick about him :spit: All this chest thumping, and revving up the crowd, and jigging around like a circus animal, don't make him "charismatic" or "enigmatic" in my books - just downright irritsting :devil: And according to our commentators, he took a very "strategic" injury time-out at the end of the 2nd set..... one wonders what the "haters" would say if Nole had done that instead of him? :angel:

*Hides JWT from Herdwick and Rose * :angel:

I still love him even if he beat Nole today :lol:

10-30-2008, 04:49 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2008_en/?id=3315

^Post match interview.

"I...uh...just don't feel quite comfortable on court, that's all (made me :rolls:). And I think this is a part of the sport, crisis that every player has to go through, so I'm sure I will overcome."

He acknowledges that it's a crisis :lol: but still seems pretty positive to me :yeah:

kalisita
10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
http://www.fft.fr/bnpparibasmasters/2008_en/?id=3315

^Post match interview.

"I...uh...just don't feel quite comfortable on court, that's all (made me :rolls:). And I think this is a part of the sport, crisis that every player has to go through, so I'm sure I will overcome."

He acknowledges that it's a crisis :lol: but still seems pretty positive to me :yeah:

I agree. At least he acknowledges the problem. And still postive for the furture. Lately, he's been saying "I have no reason to not expect good results," which always made me nervous. Though, it's better than saying you don't expect good results before a tournament.

~Maya~
10-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Double standards when it comes to injury timeouts-yes, but
I am not going to scream at Tsonga or anybody else for maybe faking it, I will give him/other the benefit of the doubt as I do it for Novak.
I am not going to lower my standards because others have double standards.
This is all I have to say about the mention of Tsonga's timeouts.

Herdwick
10-30-2008, 08:43 PM
To clarify; I dislike Tsonga, and dislike him more with every match I see - although not to the extent that I feel the need to pepper GM with my prejudice - but he deserved his win today. Nor do I have any issue with his timeouts - if he felt he needed them I am happy to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I do worry at how very ordinary Nole's game looks when playing as he is at present. Ordinary and clueless sums today's performance up.

~Maya~
10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
It is all in his head. Well, at least half of it
But he had similar results last year and came back very strong, so we'll see.

kalisita
10-30-2008, 08:51 PM
I do worry at how very ordinary Nole's game looks when playing as he is at present. Ordinary and clueless sums today's performance up.

I thought the perfect description of Nole's perfomance was from Andrew Burton on Tennis.com's Paris CC overflow page. He described Nole's play in his summation as "listless."

*Ljubica*
10-30-2008, 08:54 PM
It is all in his head. Well, at least half of it
But he had similar results last year and came back very strong, so we'll see.

I certainly agree that it's all in his head - hope things will turn around for next season :) As for Tsonga - like Herdwick said, even though I don't like him, I have no personal issue with his timeouts today........... I actually believed him :shrug: I just have an issue with the MTF Nole-haters, who attack Nole as "Faker", but say nothing when Tsonga (or anyone else) take a timeout at "strategic" moments.

ChocGeek
10-31-2008, 05:14 AM
Nole has to boost his own confidence level. He's lost all of it lately. He cannot let all the racist/ruthless/undiplomatic comments be it from the media or the "hating" fans get to him.

Apart from that, I hope he does well in the upcoming season:D Good luck Nole.

Herdwick
10-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I thought the perfect description of Nole's perfomance was from Andrew Burton on Tennis.com's Paris CC overflow page. He described Nole's play in his summation as "listless."

Exactly - once he gets more list he'll be fine :lol:

jchuabh
10-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Another tournament, another early exit. Has Novak become the laughingstock of the ATP or what?

Somebody knock me with a feather if he doesn't come up empty again in Shanghai; after all, he's getting quite adept at establishing losing streaks - Murray and Tsonga being the latest cases in point. Is it just me or does Nole look like he's capable of playing well only in six-month spells (Mar - Aug '07 and Jan - Jun '08)?

Why oh why is he bent on proving his fiercest critics right? Has never defended a title. Incapable of winning back-to-back tournaments. A one-slam wonder.

Where's the pride? More importantly, where are the priorities?

I bet he's listless because he's distracted by the other stuff going on around him. Doesn't he understand that his job is to practise hard and then stay focused throughout his matches...period?! Instead, apparently during his practice sessions, he and his coach devise little games to amuse the spectators. Besides probably annoying his sparring partners, Novak should realise that every minute he's fooling around is a minute he could be spending on improving his volleys, lobs, overhead smashes and the gazillion other parts of his game that have gone awry lately. After all, how much time is any player allowed to have a court all to himself? When he lost his serve to love against an injured Tursunov after easily taking the first set, I knew that he hadn't gotten out of the habit of going on a mental walkabout - no doubt a spillover from his laidback practice sessions.

Watching his matches nowadays is a case of deja vu over and over again; I see the same mistakes repeated so often that it's hard to believe he's taken any corrective action during practice.

I'm no fan of Nadal's, but I think there's tons that Nole can learn from the Spaniard's work ethic. He needs to work relentlessly on his weaknesses. Postpone the fun and merrymaking and rededicate himself to getting to #1. He'll be able to take it easy all he wants at age 50 or whatever, but the only time he gets to fulfil his athletic potential is here and now.

Novak only needs to look at his on-off compatriot Dokic to realise the tragedy of the missed opportunity. Once ranked as high as Nole on the women's tour, at 26 or 27 she's now overjoyed just to be given a wild card into the qualies of a real tournament, where she then promptly crashes out at the first or second hurdle.

At the rate Novak's going, it's not entirely inconceivable that he just might one day need a WC to get into the event that his family's bringing to Serbia.

njnetswill
10-31-2008, 05:38 PM
Another tournament, another early exit. Has Novak become the laughingstock of the ATP or what?

Somebody knock me with a feather if he doesn't come up empty again in Shanghai; after all, he's getting quite adept at establishing losing streaks - Murray and Tsonga being the latest cases in point. Is it just me or does Nole look like he's capable of playing well only in six-month spells (Mar - Aug '07 and Jan - Jun '08)?

Why oh why is he bent on proving his fiercest critics right? Has never defended a title. Incapable of winning back-to-back tournaments. A one-slam wonder.

I bet he's listless because he's distracted by the other stuff going on around him. Doesn't he understand that his job is to practise hard and then stay focused throughout his matches...period?! Instead, apparently during his practice sessions, he and his coach devise little games to amuse the spectators. Besides probably annoying his sparring partners, Novak should realise that every minute he's fooling around is a minute he could be spending on improving his volleys, lobs, overhead smashes and the gazillion other parts of his game that have gone awry lately. After all, how much time is any player allowed to have a court all to himself? When he lost his serve to love against an injured Tursunov after easily taking the first set, I knew that he hadn't gotten out of the habit of going on a mental walkabout - no doubt a spillover from his laidback practice sessions.

Watching his matches nowadays is a case of deja vu over and over again; I see the same mistakes repeated so often that it's hard to believe he's taken any corrective action during practice.

I'm no fan of Nadal's, but I think there's tons that Nole can learn from the Spaniard's work ethic. He needs to work relentlessly on his weaknesses. Postpone the fun and merrymaking and rededicate himself to getting to #1. He'll be able to take it easy all he wants at age 50 or whatever, but the only time he gets to fulfil his athletic potential is here and now.

Novak only needs to look at his on-off compatriot Dokic to realise the tragedy of the missed opportunity. Once ranked as high as Nole on the women's tour, at 26 or 27 she's now overjoyed just to be given a wild card into the qualies of a real tournament, where she then promptly crashes out at the first or second hurdle.

At the rate Novak's going, it's not entirely inconceivable that he just might one day need a WC to get into the event that his family's bringing to Serbia.

I can't tell if you're supporting Novak or ridiculing him.

Plus, Novak's current career can hardly be considered "missing an opportunity". He has won a GS and multiple Master Series events in an era of Federer and Nadal, two splendid players who have yes, achieved more, but Novak shouldn't stop having fun until age 50 just to try to overshadow them. If anything, that type of pressure caused his early exit in Wimbledon when overtaking the #2 spot, possibly even the #1, was a possibility.

ChocGeek
11-01-2008, 04:44 AM

Look, I don't think you have the right to judge what he should be doing during practices etc. He has his own way of doing stuff so let it be. With that, you can't immediately label him as clown can you?

Tennis is an unpredictable sport, you can't expect all the elites to be the last ones standing in almost every tournament.

The fact that you said "he just might one day need a WC to get into the event that his family's bringing to Serbia" is harsh. Frankly, he isn't playing extremely badly.

Chupakabra
11-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Tennis is an unpredictable sport, you can't expect all the elites to be the last ones standing in almost every tournament.

So true... :yeah: Tennis is probably one of the most unpredictable sports if not the most unpredictable of all sports... It all depends on the current forms (or health) of the elite players or players who are not a part of the very elite on the top (Just look at David Nalbandian)... It just happens that Nole simply isn't in his best shape in this part of the season, and i hope that he is going to recover from it... He will still have so many tournaments ahead of him cause he is still very young, and hopefully he'll win some of them... May God give him good health for that!!! (also one of the key factors)

The most sympathetic guys on tour to me are the ones who play generally badly most of the season being totally incosistent and then, they are able to pull off a major surprise at some tournament or even more of them, by eliminating the very top players or playing extremely well against them... I just mentioned David Nalbandian... Just remember how he was able to win two AMS indoor titles last year (Paris and Madrid) eliminating both Nadal and Federer in both of those events... In Madrid he defeated Nole... It was just fascinating performance by him... And then, i can recall that he played first part of this season very badly in general apart from maybe reaching semifinals of Queens when he was thrashed by Nole with the result 6-1 6-0 at the semis of that tourney...:eek: And now, seeing him defeating in-form Andy Murray, it tells me that he is regaining some of his perfect form that adorned his play at the end of the last season... He seems to be doing it pretty well in the full swing of indoor season... And i also mentioned Andy Murray who seems to have had fantastic HC season with reaching US Open finals and going with two consecutive AMS titles (Cincinnati and Madrid)... And Murray was giving not so good performances before that... And i cannot go on with this not to mention Janko Tipsarevic who played extremely well against Roger Federer at AO and eliminated Andy Roddick in Wimbledon.He almost always plays the best against the best... :worship: And, unfortunately, he has won 0 (zero) ATP titles in his career so far.:sad: It is probably due to his boosted inspiration against the top players and lack of the same thing when he is about to play against lower ranked players.Andy Roddick... Another good example... Everybody remembers his play in Dubai when he defeated Rafa and Nole and then, he faltered a little bit in the next part of the season... And there are too many other examples in top tennis today (and yesterday), they are countless...

:rolleyes: I am sorry a little for making this long passage of this post, but it is what i made to show how unpredictable tennis can be, but, the point is that the thing that separates the best players of our era from the rest of the tour is how consistent they can be... It doesn't matter whether they lose from time to time or retire because of injuries, it is consistency that makes them what they really are: The players that history of tennis will remember for all time... Federer and Nadal are those players today... They win most of the important and big tourneys and make the ending rounds of most of them!

And now, seeing Tsonga playing so well and remembering his phenomenal performance at the beginning of the season, i cannot hold back not to mention how Nole was great at that tournament... Tsonga was in perfect shape in the beginning of this year at AO... He swept A. Murray,Richard Gasquet and thrashed Rafa in the semis and yet Novak managed to defeat him in the finals... It must have been pretty hard to do that physically and mentally cause he lost that first set... Before that,he didn't drop a set and defeated Federer in straight sets which was Federer's first straigt sets defeat since 2004 when Guga defeated him at RG. It is not exaggeration to say that it was best tournament that Nole played which was also something that Nole mentioned in one interview... And that's it... It only shows how performance of a player is dependent on his current form, and i wish for Nole to regain that good form from beginning of this season in the next one at least...

At least, nobody can take 4 AMS titles from Nole and GS... History books are going to write at least something like this about Nole once he finishes his career in ten years or more (and i definitely hope that he's not going to remain one slam wonder):Novak Djokovic was former third player in the world most notably known for winning Australian Open 2008..." You see, every tennis player who wins even one GS goes into history of tennis and will be remembered for that... Nobody remembers some small tournaments... And, like i said, hopefully i think or better, i am convinced that Nole won't be one GS wonder... Just remember Federer... He wasn't even close to Nole's results at his age... Just have that fact on mind... Fed won his first GS at the age of 22 (Wimbledon 2003) and later he was considered the best player of all times and it not came before he turned 22...

Perhaps, these facts that i pointed out are not something that we already don't know, but it is really important to emphasize them... A normal person who watches tennis should observe things realisticly and impartially without putting too much hatred and partiality just like so many so called "fans" on GM do... They overreact with some predictions in order to put some players that they hate in really inferior position saying that the player they hate will be ousted from top ten or will be totally forgotten or some crap like that... And some of them are acting like the players are waging war on the tennis court and not playing tennis and being good friends off court for God's sake... How immature and insane is that?!:eek:

Manon
11-01-2008, 08:06 PM
....................some long bullsh!t...........................

Third post, triple account! Take your crap ^^^ on your regular spot.

~Maya~
11-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Third post, triple account! Take your crap ^^^ on your regular spot.

Who is this?