Olé Nole! And good luck in Madrid! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Olé Nole! And good luck in Madrid!

*Ljubica*
10-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I really didn't want to start this thread as he never wins a tourney when I start the thread :unsure: But no one else seems to have started one yet, and as I'll be in Madrid to cheer our man on, I thought I'd be brave and start one!

So good luck Nole - please give me good reason to cheer and enjoy my week in Madrid :)

neenah
10-05-2008, 04:12 PM
I wish I could go to Madrid right now. :awww:

Ajde :rocker2:

*Ljubica*
10-05-2008, 06:33 PM
I wish I could go to Madrid right now. :awww:

Ajde :rocker2:

I promise I will have a drink (or two :lol: ) for you while I'm there :hug:

I am rather sad about this Madrid trip in a way, because it will be the last Masters' held indoors at the present venue, and I've been going there every October for about the last 5-6 years now :sad: I always stay in the same place and meet up with the same group of friends - so it's like the end of an era somehow :shrug: I'm sure I shall :tears: when I leave this time, knowing I'll never be back there in the same place and time of year and tournament again :sad:

Tess Gray
10-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Really? In what venue is it going to be held next year?

Have a great time there. First Monte Carlo, now Madrid.. You're living life to Tha Max huh :lol:

*Ljubica*
10-05-2008, 06:56 PM
Really? In what venue is it going to be held next year?

Have a great time there. First Monte Carlo, now Madrid.. You're living life to Tha Max huh :lol:

Of course :) The older I get, the more I realise that life is for living - so I try not to waste any tiny moment, - because we never know what's round the corner, so my motto is try and pack in as much as you can while you're still fit and healthy enough to do it :)

And as for Madrid - because of the ATP calendar changes for 2009, the tournament is going to be switched to a outdoor venue in May, and made into a combined ATP/WTA event - this link tells you all about it. http://www.tennis-masters-madrid.com/eng/eventinfo_2009.htm

tangerine_dream
10-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Good luck to Nole in Madrid. I'm looking forward to seeing him play again this week. :)

Have fun at the matches, Rosie. :wavey:

kalisita
10-05-2008, 11:23 PM
Good luck in Madrid Nole! Made it to the SFs last year, hopefully go 2 better this year! :)
Still another week to go, though. :( I kept thinking last week that it was starting this Monday even though I knew that wasn't the case. I wish it was. :sad:

It will be weird that this is the last year that the tournament will be this exact tournament. It's odd to think that next year Masters Madrid will still be there except it's an entirely different surface, venue, and time of year. And also no more Hamburg and hello Shanghai. All kinds of changes next year. Let's hope they all work at for the best.

neenah
10-06-2008, 02:02 AM
I promise I will have a drink (or two :lol: ) for you while I'm there :hug:

I am rather sad about this Madrid trip in a way, because it will be the last Masters' held indoors at the present venue, and I've been going there every October for about the last 5-6 years now :sad: I always stay in the same place and meet up with the same group of friends - so it's like the end of an era somehow :shrug: I'm sure I shall :tears: when I leave this time, knowing I'll never be back there in the same place and time of year and tournament again :sad:

Okay, do say hello to my favorite country ever. :awww: *reminisces*

Aww, that is sad. :sad: That sounds like a nice little tradition you had going. Enjoy your last time! I'm the same way, I get attached to little traditions too :awww: :hug:

~Maya~
10-06-2008, 06:21 AM
I really didn't want to start this thread as he never wins a tourney when I start the thread :unsure: But no one else seems to have started one yet, and as I'll be in Madrid to cheer our man on, I thought I'd be brave and start one!

So good luck Nole - please give me good reason to cheer and enjoy my week in Madrid :)

You started the tread aaannnd you will be at the tournament.:scratch: that reminds me of something. Oh well, there goes Nole, out in the second round........:tape:

*Ljubica*
10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
You started the tread aaannnd you will be at the tournament.:scratch: that reminds me of something. Oh well, there goes Nole, out in the second round........:tape:

:bigcry: That's why I didn't want to do it :sad: We'd better just hope he doesn't have Marat anywhere near him in the draw :unsure: And you can start the Paris one Maja :)

Thanks for all your good wishes for my trip girls :)

~Maya~
10-06-2008, 03:38 PM
:bigcry: That's why I didn't want to do it :sad: We'd better just hope he doesn't have Marat anywhere near him in the draw :unsure: And you can start the Paris one Maja :)

Thanks for all your good wishes for my trip girls :)
:lol: I am not starting any tournament treads. You think that you are a jinx? I am a super jinx

Herdwick
10-06-2008, 04:33 PM
Well I'm not starting any more - he both lost and set most of NYC against him when I shoved my five eggs in.

Greetings anyway...

*Ljubica*
10-06-2008, 04:55 PM
:lol: You girls are just cowards :lol: And I vote Maja to start the Paris thread, and Herdwick to start Shanghai :nerner: This is my last one for this year for sure!

~Maya~
10-06-2008, 05:00 PM
When is the draw coming out? They don't even have the complete list of players?

*Ljubica*
10-06-2008, 05:17 PM
When is the draw coming out? They don't even have the complete list of players?

I think it usually comes out on Saturday evening.

Their Wild Cards are always anounced somewhere around the middle of this week, - one of them is normally voted for by local people, and they are generally always Spaniards, though I think Marat may have a good chance of one this year, as he's a former winner of the tournament, and very popular worldwide. Best keep him away from Nole this time :help:

PennyThePenguin
10-06-2008, 05:25 PM
I think it usually comes out on Saturday evening.

Their Wild Cards are always anounced somewhere around the middle of this week, - one of them is normally voted for by local people, and they are generally always Spaniards, though I think Marat may have a good chance of one this year, as he's a former winner of the tournament, and very popular worldwide. Best keep him away from Nole this time :help:

*coughs* if he does. let us hope he puts it to good use :o

*Ljubica*
10-06-2008, 05:28 PM
*coughs* if he does. let us hope he puts it to good use :o

That is exactly what is worrying us :unsure: When I started a tourney thread for Wimbledon, he played Nole in the 2nd round - and we all know what happened then :tape:

Btw - off topic, but your avvie is so cute :hearts: Love the green jumper :)

PennyThePenguin
10-06-2008, 10:18 PM
yeah...weather here is sunny southern cali is turning slightly cooler..gotta be prepared ;)

*Ljubica*
10-11-2008, 01:40 PM
OK - I know some of us have been discussing this draw on another thread here - but as this is the official Madrid thread - here is the draw http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com/pdf/draws/2008/MDS.pdf

Herdwick
10-11-2008, 01:55 PM
:confused: You've moved...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GP2mcVwQ2as

*Ljubica*
10-11-2008, 02:02 PM
:confused: You've moved...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GP2mcVwQ2as

Are you surprised - trying to escape that clip :lol: I'm back on the other thread now - just thought the draw ought to be posted here for those people who don't frequent the other place!

Herdwick
10-11-2008, 02:15 PM
How to close a thread...

*Ljubica*
10-11-2008, 02:27 PM
How to close a thread...

:lol: Nah - people will be back here once Nole starts playing again :)

Running:Free
10-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Not an easy draw, but nothing terribly tough either. He's already beaten Soderling/Ivo/Andreev this year. Dima/Gilles/Blake/Llodra, all doable. Marat is still playing this week, so he either runs out of gas, or strings together good form. That, and the qualifiers (pretty good draw) are the only slightly troubling scenarios, but if he's been training hard and can focus, a SF showing sounds good.

Manon
10-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Draw is fine balanced for Federer, Nadal, Novak, bit easier for Murray but ok. For once it's ok. Not long enough we're not afraid of Andreev, Ivo, whoever exept Nadal and Federer so, it's up to Novak to prove himself again (and again, and again).

~Maya~
10-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Good luck Nole :rocker2:
Not a bad draw, but Nole has been in some kind of weird mood.....
Hope he is motivated

*Ljubica*
10-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Good luck Nole :rocker2:
Not a bad draw, but Nole has been in some kind of weird mood.....
Hope he is motivated

If he misbehaves I will threaten him with something really unpleasant :p That should keep him focussed :lol:

~Maya~
10-11-2008, 04:03 PM
If he misbehaves I will threaten him with something really unpleasant :p That should keep him focussed :lol:

:lol: Rose, try to motivate him by any means

*Ljubica*
10-11-2008, 04:11 PM
:lol: Rose, try to motivate him by any means

It will be my pleasure :angel: Remember I am leaving my man at home next week so I will be totally free :tape: :lol: (Only joking :o )

babuska6
10-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Well I am pretty sure that Nole in the best form can beat everyone,but my opinion is that his part of the draw is quite tough...Men with strong service like Tursunov and Karlovic near Nole ..It's not the best but I wish we saw him with the title after couple of monhts again..So please,Nole,do your best and win!GL

tmv
10-11-2008, 08:29 PM
http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/goodluck.gif

arm
10-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Good luck Nole! :hug:

:smash: Anatomy and Biochemistry and Biocel. :mad:

So sorry for not being able to just miss a couple - ok more than a couple - of classes and be there.

Anyway, :hug: just give us your best. :lol: That would be quite enough. :rolleyes:

kalisita
10-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Draw is now complete. Nole will play winner of Tursonov/Hanescu on Weds since that match isn't scheduled for tomorrow. Also, Safin withdrew. While I feel bad for him, I am glad to no longer have to worry about him in the QFs. Ginepri takes his place in the quarter while Bolelli comes in a LL.

I'm excited for this week. This is the first time I've been looking forward to tennis since before the USO really. I guess a little break did me good! I hope this week is a good one! :)

Eden
10-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Preview interview

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Madrid/Interviews/0,,11444~1419335,00.html

*Ljubica*
10-13-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks Doris and a quick :wavey: from Madrid. Only just arrived in the city so no news to report yet, just checking in really :)

Later people :kiss:

Maya_4
10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
This is going to be great week:worship:
AJDE NOLE:DWE BELIEVE IN YOU!;)

*Ljubica*
10-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Have just watched Nole practice :) With Juan Martin del Potro. It was a fun practice session, - he was laughing and having fun - chasing after ridiculous shots and trying some trick shots too - really entertaining the crowd - and they loved him! Afterwards loads of them crowded by the court shouting for autographs, and he came out and signed every single one :worship: He was chatty and laughing and great with all the kids, and it was so nice to hear people chanting "Nole" and really liking him :)

Have to say this - and I know I say it almost every time I come to a live tournament - it´s so amazing to get away from MTF for a while, and into the "real world" with real tennis fans, who go and watch a lot instead of just bitching behind a computer screen - and the world seems a much nicer place :) It almost made me cry to see that people in this nice "real world" really do like our Nole :)

Bye for now from Madrid :kiss:

redberyl
10-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks, I really enjoy your report everytime.

Hope Nole can play there with great fun and good results.

Ajde Nole~!!

tmv
10-13-2008, 02:49 PM
http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/hvalam.gif Rose, hope you made same shots http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/frech/d005.gif?

MagicMilan
10-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Have just watched Nole practice :) With Juan Martin del Potro. It was a fun practice session, - he was laughing and having fun - chasing after ridiculous shots and trying some trick shots too - really entertaining the crowd - and they loved him! Afterwards loads of them crowded by the court shouting for autographs, and he came out and signed every single one :worship: He was chatty and laughing and great with all the kids, and it was so nice to hear people chanting "Nole" and really liking him :)

Have to say this - and I know I say it almost every time I come to a live tournament - it´s so amazing to get away from MTF for a while, and into the "real world" with real tennis fans, who go and watch a lot instead of just bitching behind a computer screen - and the world seems a much nicer place :) It almost made me cry to see that people in this nice "real world" really do like our Nole :)

Bye for now from Madrid :kiss:
Thanks Rose :worship:
Hope you'll have a great a time in Madrid... while cheering for Novak in the final :p

~Maya~
10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Thanks Rose. I am so happy to hear that Nole is having fun. I hope your trip turns out very good.
Keep us posted :hug:

njnetswill
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Oh my goodness I just made the connection that *Ljubica* is Rose. :o

savesthedizzle
10-13-2008, 10:30 PM

:rolls: :rolls:

:hug:

PennyThePenguin
10-14-2008, 12:02 AM

http://homepage.mac.com/wildlifeweb/reptile/tortoise/tortoise03tfk.jpg

;)

neenah
10-14-2008, 12:14 AM
Glad to see you keeping up with things, Will. :p

*Ljubica*
10-14-2008, 09:15 AM
Thanks guys :) Just chatted to Nole at breakfast - am off to the Venue now as Dima is playing later today. Having a great and wonderful time - tennis world is glorious :hearts:

And Will - I have been *Ljubica* for at least 3 months now :tape: but glad you recognise me now.

Have to rush now - I am on the Hotel Internet and it costs a fortune :o Later :wavey:

kalisita
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Hanescu d Tursunov 4-6, 6-2, 6-3 so it'll be Hanescu tomorrow. Tursunov was slightly injured with a shoulder injury, but Hanescu played very well. He changed directions well and played smart tennis in the last two sets. I still think he's an easier opponent than Tursonov, though. He and Nole played once previously in Paris 2005, with Nole winning by retirment at 4-1 in the first set.

njnetswill
10-14-2008, 04:55 PM
Rose, I should have known based off the Location and the cat picture. :lol: The Serbian flag and the username that reminds me of Ljubicic really threw me off though. I assumed you were one of the Serbian posters. :p

kalisita
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Nole will play 3rd on centre court tomorrow, with play starting at 11 am.

It looks like good matches all day on that court. First Tsonga plays, then Nalbandian-Berdych, then Nole. The night session is Fed-Stepanek and then Roddick-Robredo.

10-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Dima lost? Hmmm. Won't be at home to watch the match, but I'm sure TC will be running the tape again. Ajde! :hug:

kalisita
10-15-2008, 02:10 PM
Uh Oh! Nole looks real bad thus far, like he's out of it. Hanescu, meanwhile, looks like he came to play today.

Nole got broken serving at 1-2 by DF to give BP and then to give the break. He's getting nowhere on Hanescu's serve, either. :sad: Let's hope he wakes up soon.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 02:17 PM
He woke up, I guess. It is worrying how easy is to brake him these days. It is not a problem when he plays low ranking players, because he usually manages to brake back.

kalisita
10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Now, I'm starting to wish he was playing Tursunov! This guy is serving big and getting everything back. And he doesn't seem like he's going to meltdown like Dmitri has a tendency to do.

TB! :eek:

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Me too

kalisita
10-15-2008, 02:47 PM
Crap! :(

Come on Nole!

Oh, big crap now! SP Hanescu!

SP gone. Needs to mini-break here!

Crap! SP Hanescu again.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
omg

kalisita
10-15-2008, 02:54 PM
Big ass serves from Hanescu! :(:sad: And it really sucks because as long as he holds, he's a SP.

Oh, shit! First set gone because of bad error from Nole! :o It's so depressing watching him lately.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Really bad error from #3

kalisita
10-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Really bad error from #3

And it looks like it's still on his mind. 0-30 on another miss.

Please get it together! Please?

MagicMilan
10-15-2008, 03:04 PM
:(
get iT toGETher Nole :(

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
I thought he is about to go away like some mental midget

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
God, Hanescu is playing so smart. I hate it! :devil:

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
I thought he is about to go away like some mental midget

If you mean Hanescu, he didn't do that against Tursonov. He stayed focused throughout the match and seemed to have good instincts. I don't think he'll break down. Especially now that he's winning. He's moving Nole around very well and setting up points well.

I have very bad feeling. :sad:

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:08 PM
He has to defend on his own serve.

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
He has to defend on his own serve.

Problem is Hanescu is getting a lot of serves back. I think Nole is used to getting more free points of his first and second serves. Though, more first serves in would be good.

10-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Just logged in to see the score from the library. Good grief, what's going on with him?

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
If you mean Hanescu, he didn't do that against Tursonov. He stayed focused throughout the match and seemed to have good instincts. I don't think he'll break down. Especially now that he's winning. He's moving Nole around very well and setting up points well.

me too. i certainly hope this feeling is unfounded.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM

I meant Nole when he was 0:30 in the first game of the second set:o

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
me too. i certainly hope this feeling is unfounded.

Hanescu is serving huge. That's always a huge benefit indoors. And he's moving great. Nole is getting nowhere on his serve and I fear a TB, though that's better than a break. Look at that first pt in this game, Novak looked like he had that point won, but Hanescu got it bad and then hit a great shot for a winner.

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 03:27 PM
i think nole isnt using his chances - ie he is not taking the ball early enough on some of the shots to put away the winner. giving hanescu to much time to get back into the point. also hard when hanescu is playing such terrific tennis, great serving, smart shot selection.

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:28 PM
I meant Nole when he was 0:30 in the first game of the second set:o

I kind of thought you meant Nole actually, but didn't want to say that just in case I was wrong. It certainly looked like that was the case at the beginning of this set.

10-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Okay, held for 5-4. Break now, ajde! Don't let this game get away, or I fear it's dangerous waters from here on in :awww:

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:33 PM
I wonder if Rose is regretting starting this tread :lol:

Ajde Nole :rocker2:

10-15-2008, 03:36 PM

And I love how you think of this right now :rolls:

Need to go :( Atleast he held at love. Nole :hug: C'mon, work hard, ajde!

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:38 PM

I didn't even think of that! She cursed him again! (kidding Rose ;))

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh, my! Wasn't even close. :o

Come on Novak!

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Not good to go in the TB knowing you missed 2 brake/set points

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
omg. another tiebreak. not sure if my nerves can stand it!

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:44 PM
Well, two BPs/SPs gone. But, at least Hanescu saved them through clutch serving mainly. I was half expecting a couple of UEs from Nole. Though, that swing at game pt from Nole was a frustrated one.

Oh, my god. He stopped play to challenge! :eek: Oh, it was out!

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Oh, Jason Goodall just said "he did lead 4-2 in the first TB." First, don't remind me (since that's already in my head.) Second, way go jinx him Goodall. :mad: (;))

Mini break gone. Now, I officially hate Goodall.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:48 PM
I am so not watching this TB

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 03:49 PM
the same thing is happening...

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Oh, my God! SP gone! Too much, not in good position, too good of a return, rushing, didn't expect that ball back. This is a nightmare! :(

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 03:52 PM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 03:53 PM
Yesssssssssss :o

MagicMilan
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Ajdeeeeeeeeee :bounce:

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh, great shot! :worship:

And we're still only even! :sad:

Anything can happen :scared:. But, at least not a straight set loss now.

BUT, Please win!

kalisita
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Hanescu serves first. I hate that. :( Hanescu still thinks he can win and being in "pole" position will probably only help that.

kalisita
10-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh, this guy's feel is getting on my nerves (though, the tennis fan in me does apprectiate it).

kalisita
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
Hanescu calling for a trainer immediately. I have no idea what happened. Let's just hope that the break benefits Nole and not Hanescu.

Goodall just said: "I think it happened when he attempted this nonsense." (showing shot between legs).

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 04:05 PM
I heard a word trainer :(
But it is not for Novak- thank god

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 04:10 PM
lol did the commentator just compare the injury to a hot woman in the first row??

kalisita
10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Bad shot! Bad shot! Could have made that.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 04:12 PM
He just said that he is going to kill himself

kalisita
10-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Break! :bounce: Please don't lose momentum Nole!

Trainer back on change-over for Hanescu.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 04:14 PM
I am sorry if this guy has a significant injury. Not wishing that for the sake of Nole's win

ellewoods
10-15-2008, 04:16 PM
oh man. he retired :(

kalisita
10-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Hanescu retired. I feel bad for him since it was very even until he got hurt, but I'm very glad Nole is through.

Karlovic next.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Poor guy. He played very good. Lucky Nole

MagicMilan
10-15-2008, 04:20 PM
High quality all the way. Good that Nole got through in the end but shame for Hanescu it had to be this way. Good luck against Ivo :)

*Ljubica*
10-15-2008, 05:44 PM
:wavey: from Madrid. OK - what do I say? Aaaaaargh :banghead: That was awsful - scary and stressful - I was not happy in that 2nd set tie-break. And - maja - yes - the thought of starting this damned thread did cross my mind about then :tape:

OK - well Nole was appalling in the 1st set, - much better in the 2nd. I think, to be honest, having won that 2nd set tie-break he would have won anyway, - but kudos to Hanescu - he was great - also against Dima yesterday. I am sorry he is so injured - in truth - even live, was hard to tell exactly what he did, but he was obviously in a lot of pain :awww:

So Mr. Djokovic - please don´t give me any more heart attacks tomorrow. And please don´t tell Raquel that match drove me to buy a packet of cigarettes after so long giving up :sad:

Off to the Bar now - I need a drink - BADLY :lol:

Manon
10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Poor guy. He played very good. Lucky Nole

More than lucky. Like a begginer. Or I have to tell he was great al ga nije 'telo?:(

kalisita
10-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Order of play for tomorrow is out. Right now, Nole is the second night match on centre. It has a "possible time change" on the shedule on his and the first match, the Tsonga-Fed/Step match. I think if Fed beats Stepanek, he'll play Tsonga first, but if Step wins, then Nole will be first.

10-15-2008, 07:33 PM
Yessssss.

Even though it came with a retirement :awww: Hope Hanescu isn't injured too badly. Will catch the match on TC later, and see how Nole played. Fingers crossed for a less frightening performance against Ivo.

Rose, good to know you lived through that one :lol: :hug:

First or second on centre sounds good to me :yeah:

EDIT: Hate not having presser transcripts :( However, two quotes by him from articles:

"We closed out the deal with ... the Dutch Open and we bought the license to have a tournament in Serbia. It is still not 100 percent. We still need to do some administrative work in the next couple of weeks, next couple of months. Towards the end of the year we will know if we have a tournament."

"It's a big relief to win ...... this is a big boost up for upcoming matches. He used his biggest weapon which was his serve. (And) I couldn't find any rhythm in return, so he used that wisely."

kalisita
10-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Yessssss.

Even though it came with a retirement :awww: Hope Hanescu isn't injured too badly. Will catch the match on TC later, and see how Nole played. Fingers crossed for a less frightening performance against Ivo.

Rose, good to know you lived through that one :lol: :hug:

First or second on centre sounds good to me :yeah:

I don't like him being second night match. Roddick match didn't start today until about 10:45 pm. And you add in the next opponent would be Simon or Ginepri who play at 11 am, you could have him starting/finishing about 12 hrs after his next opponent if he wins.

~Maya~
10-15-2008, 11:25 PM
There is not gonna be much running with Ivo

tangerine_dream
10-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Olé Nolé :bounce: Talk about lucky, Hanescu outplayed Novak for the most part. I did not know that Novak was an escape artist!

Hope he can pull off a Houdini next and find a way to make the Croatian giant disappear.

njnetswill
10-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Oh dear. Good thing I am on the West Coast and sleeping in prevented me from having to witness that match in any form, even livescoring would have killed me.

Poor Rose. :hug:

*Ljubica*
10-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Morning - I have had almost no sleep, far to much champagne and too many cocktails :o and now Nole has the f***ing last match on court. If we´re lucky it will finish by 1.00am and there will be no metro trains running :rolleyes: Deep joy. As for Karlovic :unsure: Lord help us - we´ll all need it.

As for the Serbia tournament you mentioned Timmy - can I just say negotiations are going well ;) And Novak is fine and happy and full of fun as usual :)

Yes - he was a little lucky yesterday, and he is aware of it, - but despite what some people who weren´t at the match may be saying :rolleyes: he did not really play badly, apart from maybe the first set. Hanescu was great, - he was serving over 80% - when someone plays in a "purple patch" like that, then the opponent has no chance - even the great Nadal suffered for a set and a half against Gulbis the other night when he played like that. So please don´t be so hard on Nole - or does that make me a cheap fangirl to believe in him? :rolleyes:

kalisita
10-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Nole had two second serves in that Karlovic servic game and still didn't win a point. :sad:

He has to be so careful in his service games. I hate big servers!

15-30! :eek:

BP! Great second serve return from Ivo.

10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
BP in first service game :rolls: I can tell it's going to be a long day :p

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
OMG. Karlovic had a brake point against Nole's serve.:rolls:

kalisita
10-16-2008, 07:50 PM
If he's going to get that first serve in play, he has to win those kind of points he just lost there. :(

Alright! First point on Karlovic's serve! Progress. ;)

I can not believe he missed that passing shot! :eek: Progress gone.

10-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Ace/service-winner fest :zzz: :p

kalisita
10-16-2008, 07:59 PM
I hate the scoreboard! It's way behind the match. Usually, it's ahead and I can look to see how the game is going before it's actually over on tv. It's a comfort at times.

It looks like Karlovic's arm is all warmed up now. Fantastic.

10-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Ivo isn't making alot of first serves, and Nole can't afford to make careless UFE's on the second-serve ball he gets play on.

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:04 PM
WTF!? He blows every opportunity he gets! He completely screwed that shot up. Went for way too much and for no reason. If he's going to get Karlovic to rally, he really has to win the freaking rally or at least make Karlovic come up with something instead of hitting UE!

10-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Ivo isn't playing good. Flubbing volleys, hitting second-serve returns wide. Nole, 0-30, take your chances, c'mon.

Three BP chances wasted :worship:

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:16 PM
What a stupid miss! He's going for way too much on those big points and missing them all.
He should be serving for this set and instead he'll serve to stay in the match. :o:sad:

Let's hope this game doesn't get to him and he continues to hold easy.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 08:16 PM
Oh well

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:21 PM
Oh well

I know! Same old, same old. Getting too tight when it counts.

Well, once again serving to stay in set.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 08:24 PM
I am not worried for some reason. He will be fine

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
TB! Can you believe it? ;)

Focus here Novak.

10-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Mini-break. Crap.

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:27 PM
Oh noes!

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:31 PM
Another blown opportunity. Now, 3 SPs for Karlovic.

And now Karlovic is out-rallying him! Disasterous TB. And he started looking discouraged after he went down that mini-break. Let's hope he can keep it together (get it together) and come back.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 08:31 PM
wow

10-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Second-serve ace down 3 SP's :lol: :ras:

Hits wide, just like yesterday, and first set is gone.

Nole, please focus.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Ivo winning ground strokes. WTF?

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Ivo winning ground strokes. WTF?

I know! It's like some bizzaro world. But, he's done nothing to discourage Karlovic. Any time Nole puts him under even a little pressure, Nole blows the chance. And he often shows how much that frustrated him, which has to encourage Karlovic, knowing he's getting to his opponenent.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I know! It's like some bizzarro world. But, he's done nothing to discourage Karlovic. Any time Nole puts him under pressure, Nole blows the chance. And he often shows how much that frustrated him, which has to encourage Karlovic, knowing he's getting to his opponenent.

I do agree that he is showing the frustration just too much. Ivo is playing with huge confidence.

redberyl
10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Nole is not impressed me so far. Ajde Nole~!!

10-16-2008, 08:45 PM
I have a weird feeling that Ivo is just waiting for the TB. He's taking care of his own serve, letting Nole hold easy. He isn't even moving to return some of the shots.

kalisita
10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
I have a weird feeling that Ivo is just waiting for the TB. He's taking care of his own serve, letting Nole hold easy. He isn't even moving to return some of the shots.

That's exactly what I think. Why not? He has lots of practice in TBs and knows that he has a huge advantage since he usually only needs 1 mistake.

redberyl
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM
what a boring game!! Can Nole just wake up and do something to break Karlovic's serve!?

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
I am worried now.

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Looks like we're heading for another TB. I'm sad to say I'm not optimistic. He just can't seem to get it together in TBs anymore against anyone, let alone Karlovic.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
Is it me, or Ivo is playing much better than usual ?

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Is it me, or Ivo is playing much better than usual ?

When he played Fed in Cincy I noticed how much he had improved. His ground strokes and net play are much better than they were before. Even his movement has improved.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 09:15 PM
When he played Fed in Cincy I noticed how much he had improved. His ground strokes and net play are much better than they were before. Even his movement has improved.

I looks to me that he improved more since then

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Again, going for the line when there is no need and missing. He deserves to lose this match. Played terribly when it counted and did himself in.

Well, got the mini back, but still has to do it again to win.

redberyl
10-16-2008, 09:17 PM
I think Nole is not playing good at all..........

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
I looks to me that he improved more since then

Yeah. He still drives me nuts since he's still heavily serve. But, I give him credit for how hard he obviously works on his game.

That point there just showed how smart he can be as well. Two serves away from victory. :sad:

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Nole, Nole...

Good luck Ivo in the next round

Rose :rolleyes: ;)

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:24 PM
Another error to give the victory. Fitting really.

Well, Novak once again failed to play up to his level and could not win the big points. That wouldn't be so bad if Karlovic would have won the majority of them, but Nole UE most of them. Which is also becoming a pattern. Now, I'm starting to worry about Murray for the first time overtaking him early 2009. All he's doing now is gaining in Madrid while Nole continues to lose points. Well, at least all he can do now is gain. I mean, he has to win at least a couple of matches during the rest of the year. It can't be like last year. Right?

10-16-2008, 09:28 PM
Meh. That's how I feel like right now.

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Meh. That's how I feel like right now.

Me too. And that makes me sad underneath because I realize it means I didn't think he was really going to win. :sad:

10-16-2008, 09:37 PM
Me too. And that makes me sad underneath because I realize it means I didn't think he was really going to win. :sad:

I just feel like it's been a never-ending cycle of terrible, disappointing losses, where there were a ton of "if's and but's" attached, that are reduced to meaning nothing, because there is zero execution of a sensible game-plan.

kalisita
10-16-2008, 09:38 PM
I just feel like it's been a never-ending cycle of terrible, disappointing losses, where there were a ton of "if's and but's" attached, that are reduced to meaning nothing, because there is zero execution of a sensible game-plan.

Exactly. And it's like we're starting to get used to it here.

tmv
10-16-2008, 09:44 PM
http://vasiljevict.users.sbb.co.yu/smiliesm/sigh.gif

*Raine
10-16-2008, 10:22 PM
:awww:

njnetswill
10-16-2008, 10:23 PM
:help: Losing to Ivo? Novak's time as part of tennis' elite is numbered.

Jelena_78
10-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Tonight he was just

:shrug: ing

:banghead: ing

:shout: ing

and oh yes, missing shots...UEs.

Ever heard of patience?
Mental stability :scratch: what was that?!

Congrats to Ivo.

10-16-2008, 10:45 PM
:hug: for everyone. We can only wait and watch. And it can only get better from here on in to the end of the season :p :hug:

Rose, must've been tough :hug:

neenah
10-16-2008, 10:50 PM
Ouch. :o

Novak, take some deep breaths.

~Maya~
10-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Ouch. :o

Novak, take some deep breaths.

He needs to lift his head up

ChocGeek
10-17-2008, 12:22 AM
Unbelievable match.

freeandlonely
10-17-2008, 02:15 AM
:sad::mad:
Novak:hug:

*Ljubica*
10-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Morning :wavey: And reading through this thread, please can I just say - too much negativity here :help:

Yes - he lost - I was pretty sure he would to be honest :shrug: Karlovic and that serve on a fast hard court - it was inevitable. But - no I´m not sad - I´ve had a fantastic time here and Nole is still my Number 1 and always will be,´- whether he is Number 3, Number 1 or Number 300 :shrug: I personally don´t care whether he is in the "tennis elite" or not, as long as he is happy - and - believe me - he is :) I don´t want him to be Nadal or Federer, I want him to be Nole with a smile on his face, - and he has sure been that this week, off court if not on. So congrats to Karlovic, and safe journey home Nole :hug:

Manon
10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Tonight he was just

:shrug: ing

:banghead: ing

:shout: ing

and oh yes, missing shots...UEs.

Ever heard of patience?
Mental stability :scratch: what was that?!

Congrats to Ivo.

Everything I wanted to say you said already:yeah:

But, since I have to blame somebody - I've decided to blame Carlita (she was there)

:hug: for everyone. We can only wait and watch. And it can only get better from here on in to the end of the season :p :hug:

No. Kick Novak in the butt. We can wait but he could start to play tennis for a change. Those BPs mistakes are for 'orange' kids.

Lee
10-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Watch both matches on TV and Nole was lucky that Hanescu played too much tennis coming thru quali. Facing Ivo serving well, not much chance for him unless he lift his game a lot from his summer hard court season which Nole didn't.

Rose, thanks for telling us Nole is still happy although I hardly saw any sign on court for a very long time. Not much expectation for the remaining season :shrug:

*Ljubica*
10-18-2008, 08:47 AM
Watch both matches on TV and Nole was lucky that Hanescu played too much tennis coming thru quali. Facing Ivo serving well, not much chance for him unless he lift his game a lot from his summer hard court season which Nole didn't.

Rose, thanks for telling us Nole is still happy although I hardly saw any sign on court for a very long time. Not much expectation for the remaining season :shrug:

No worries Lee - and yes he is - very happy off court and within himself, and to me, that is all that matters :shrug: Sometimes he reminds me a lot of a young David (Nalbandian) - he needs much more than tennis and the constant grind of the tennis circuit to fulfil him. And yes - maybe that will mean less "success" on court but a more rounded and fuller life off it (interest in other sports, business interests, a full social life, lots of friends outside of tennis etc), and if that makes him happy, then good luck to him :)

~Maya~
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
No worries Lee - and yes he is - very happy off court and within himself, and to me, that is all that matters :shrug: Sometimes he reminds me a lot of a young David (Nalbandian) - he needs much more than tennis and the constant grind of the tennis circuit to fulfil him. And yes - maybe that will mean less "success" on court but a more rounded and fuller life off it (interest in other sports, business interests, a full social life, lots of friends outside of tennis etc), and if that makes him happy, then good luck to him :)

Very nice to hear that he is enjoying himself. Everything else is going to fall in place. It was not a disaster loosing to Karlovic. Ivo played very good in that match. I was very surprised. It is just little bit disappointing because Novak had a few chances to turn the things his way. It seems like his frustration got to him.

*Ljubica*
10-19-2008, 10:48 AM
Very nice to hear that he is enjoying himself. Everything else is going to fall in place. It was not a disaster loosing to Karlovic. Ivo played very good in that match. I was very surprised. It is just little bit disappointing because Novak had a few chances to turn the things his way. It seems like his frustration got to him.

Yes - everyone just laughs at Karlovic and dismisses him as "just" a big server, but even though that is obviously the main part of his game, I have also noticed that he has improved a lot in other areas over this past year. He almost beat Nadal at Queens this year, and his work ethic and wish to improve is very commendable. He has made the best of what he has, and well done to him.

Herdwick
10-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Greetings :wavey: Just back from Spain and Madrid! My marvellous, wonderful OH had bought Madrid tickets for both sessions on Wednesday and Thursday as a surprise - I will love him forever :kiss:

Fabulous tournament - such a shame it's changing to include women next year. Even bigger shame was that my last memory of it will be Nole's loss to Ivo Thursday night!

*Ljubica*
10-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Greetings :wavey: Just back from Spain and Madrid! My marvellous, wonderful OH had bought Madrid tickets for both sessions on Wednesday and Thursday as a surprise - I will love him forever :kiss:

Fabulous tournament - such a shame it's changing to include women next year. Even bigger shame was that my last memory of it will be Nole's loss to Ivo Thursday night!

:hug: I really wish I'd known you were there. We could have gone for a drink after the ghastly Ivo match and cheered each other up :) Welcome back btw!

Herdwick
10-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Well, having read back it sounds like you had other and better fish to fry! Champagne, cocktails and breakfast with Nole eh? No wonder he lost...:devil: We would have been poor company by comparison.

I just knew he was going to lose to Karlovic

*Ljubica*
10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, having read back it sounds like you had other and better fish to fry! Champagne, cocktails and breakfast with Nole eh? No wonder he lost...:devil: We would have been poor company by comparison.

I just knew he was going to lose to Karlovic

It would have been a pleasure to have you join us in our champagne drinking :) And I'm sure you could never be poor company!