Nadal humiliated in front of home fans by Gilles Fugging Simon. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Nadal humiliated in front of home fans by Gilles Fugging Simon.

Pages : [1] 2

l_mac
10-04-2008, 12:15 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/rafamadrid.jpg
Vamos RoboRafa!

Because this is the first ATP tournament he has played since reaching #1, Rafa is going to recieve some award/trophy for reaching the #1 spot. It will be presented to him next Sunday on the Centre Court by .... Mr Disney :haha: :haha:

Also he is playing doubles with Moya :mad:

Rafa is currently at 101 matches (singles and dubs) for the season :worship: :yeah:

The draw is next Saturday at 6pm CET (allegedly)

Cloudygirl
10-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Whats he playing doubs for. Is it practice incase they all lose to Del Potro in Davis cup and need him to play doubs.

Minn
10-04-2008, 01:25 PM
101 :eek:

elessar
10-04-2008, 01:28 PM
Linda :hug: I saw this thread on the first page and I would have bet my arm you had created it.

Nice suit Rafa :yeah: I think he just wants to make sure noone sees his ass this time :awww:

Metis
10-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Rafa is playing doubles? :lol: I guess it's for the entertainment of the masses.

Hey, I'm sure everyone is jumping up and down now that the MIT competition is starting again. :D

BRB...

l_mac
10-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Nice suit Rafa :yeah: I think he just wants to make sure noone sees his ass this time :awww:

Rogi has one too

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/Fedmadrid.jpg

anon57
10-04-2008, 02:08 PM
:spit:What are those awfull outfits supposed to be:rolls::rolls:

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 02:09 PM
oh thank god madrid is almost here. this offseason was brutal :mad:

why isn't he playing doubles with someone likely to be on the DC team? :awww:

Aenea
10-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Galactic tennis at Mutua Madrile˝a :eek: :bigclap: Wow I like that :hearts: Can't wait for the tournament to start. And MIT is here once again. I hope to win this time. :D

Metis
10-04-2008, 02:37 PM
OK, I said BRB, but when you are 'borrowing' the neighbor's wireless internet, things don't always run smoothly... :(

Only 3 tournaments left in the season :eek: and it is crunch time for those in a position to win the coveted Metis Invitational Trophy. :worship:

GuiroNl and Xoman are in the lead but they are far from safe as Foxy and Tnn74 could surpass them in Madrid. I am sorry to say that contestants with fewer than 600 points don't have a realistic chance to win this :hug: (barring withdrawals, retirements or doping allegations) but please keep playing in order to improve your end of the season ranking. :D

The trophy will be presented to the winner(s) in a special ceremony (date TBD) where all will be invited and will receive souvenirs according to their ranking. :yippee: As for those who will have participated consistently without winning any points at all, they will receive a commemorative coffee table book, illustrated with all the FAIL and PWNED photos that will have appeared throughout the competition. :p

How far will Rafa go in Madrid? (100 points at stake)

1st - Bye
2nd -
3rd -
QF - cmurray, Metis
SF - Getta, Minn, scarecrows, yana
F - Xristos
W - GuiroNl, Luvyoyoma1954, the biscuit

Current MIT standings after the US Open (:mad:):

GuiroNl __________940
Xoman___________940

Foxy ____________860
Tnn74 ___________860

nashty___________840

tangerine_dream ___800
Xristos ___________800

spriwi____________725

cmurray _________ 700
Luvyoyoma1954____700

hra87 ___________660
MariaV___________660
raven_gypsy______ 660

M.C. _____________600
rafa_maniac_______600
scarecrows________600

Getta____________505
NaDaLiTa_________505

tennischeto________500
Tess Gray_________500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Denisse __________460

elessar___________400
TMJordan _________400

Bachelor Dandy_____380

acionescu_________300
Minn_____________300
shawshank________300
tennizen__________300

The Pro __________260

The Nadal Effect____200

Lopaka___________180

platinum__________160

Chocolate&Rafa_____100
Heavenseventeen ___100

luised_____________80
NancyIsabelle_______80

Agassi Fan_________60

l_mac _____________0 :worship:
Metis______________0 :worship:
wildegirl05 _________0*
yana ______________0 :worship:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Metis, I think you and I should be on the table. I am proud of my 0. I think it has contributed greatly to Rafa's success this year.

elessar
10-04-2008, 02:47 PM
Rogi has one too

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com//eng/imagenes/ad/OtroTenis_FEDERER_08_HR.jpg
:worship: very smooth outfit, something worthy of Rogi.

:o:o

Metis
10-04-2008, 02:48 PM
Mr Disney presenting the award is priceless. I'm sure he can't wait. :lol:

:spit:What are those awfull outfits supposed to be:rolls::rolls:

They look like Robocop. RoboRafa and RoboRoger. :lol:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 02:50 PM
There's also RoboDjoko, but I won't post that here. Because ick.

Metis
10-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Metis, I think you and I should be on the table. I am proud of my 0. I think it has contributed greatly to Rafa's success this year.

:lol: You're right. I edited the table. :D Even Agassi Fan who only posted once (and probably wasn't even participating) got one right. :rolls:

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 02:58 PM
why isn't my zero on the table? :awww: i always picked a round below where i hoped rafa would go and am proud of my zero too :D

Metis
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I didn't realize that WG! Although it seems you were doing it on purpose. Maybe you don't deserve that zero. :D

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I didn't realize that WG! Although it seems you were doing it on purpose. Maybe you don't deserve that zero. :D

:lol: it was a carefully planned strategy :cool: and probably directly responsible for rafito's amazing year :worship:

Metis
10-04-2008, 03:36 PM
:lol: it was a carefully planned strategy :cool: and probably directly responsible for rafito's amazing year :worship:

Hmmm... I think you were just aiming for FAIL glory and the coffee table book. I'll put you in but the question is: can you sustain such performance till the end? I doubt it.

Bring it on sister :boxing:

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Hmmm... I think you were just aiming for FAIL glory and the coffee table book. I'll put you in but the question is: can you sustain such performance till the end? I doubt it.

Bring it on sister :boxing:

i'm shocked that you would think me capable of such dubious tactics :angel:

fail photos are awesome though, i cannot lie. probably the best trophy ever :hearts:

what more do you want from rafito and me? :awww:

french open - check
wimbledon - check
less prestigious gold medal - check
davis cup finals - check
2 hc gs semis - check check
year end #1 pretty much assured - check check check
not wearing sleeves yet - CHECK :inlove:
nude ass photos surfacing - :crazy:

:worship: :worship: :worship: it's been a A+++++ year. probably never to be repeated again but we can always come back and bask in its glory.

scarecrows
10-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Sf

l_mac
10-04-2008, 04:27 PM
Thanks Genci.

:rolleyes:

why isn't my zero on the table? :awww: i always picked a round below where i hoped rafa would go and am proud of my zero too :D

Metis do not be taken in by her :mad: IIRC she refused to participate in the Wimbledon MIT because of Fedal related issues. She shouldn't even be allowed to participate :armed: Also if she is picking him to lose the round before she "hopes" he will get to, shouldn't every one of her picks be a Fianlist or SF? :mad: :mad: But I just checked the Olympic thread and she picked 3rd round. So she only hoped Rafa would get to the quarters?????

Aenea
10-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Rafi's pic is the smallest :awww: Those Fedtards have invaded our Rafa's cheering thread with big pics of the competition :mad:

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Metis do not be taken in by her :mad: IIRC she refused to participate in the Wimbledon MIT because of Fedal related issues. She shouldn't even be allowed to participate :armed: Also if she is picking him to lose the round before she "hopes" he will get to, shouldn't every one of her picks be a Fianlist or SF? :mad: :mad: But I just checked the Olympic thread and she picked 3rd round. So she only hoped Rafa would get to the quarters?????

:awww: i expected better from you, linda :hug:

after wimbledon and knowing he was going to get #1, i (and many other rafa fans :p) didn't want to put too much pressure on him. he was going to be jetlagged and tired, so i thought even 4th round would be awesome. and i didn't refuse to participate in wimbledon, i only said all i wanted was a fedal final :ras:

why can't i be allowed to participate? you're being a big meanie :sad:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Rafi's pic is the smallest :awww: Those Fedtards have invaded our Rafa's cheering thread with big pics of the competition :mad:
I put a bigger rafa pic there.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/rafamadrid.jpg

And I resized the Fed pic too. I can do nothing about Nole.

Maybe if we all ask Genci nicely he will remove it :awww:

:awww: i expected better from you, linda :hug:

after wimbledon and knowing he was going to get #1, i (and many other rafa fans :p) didn't want to put too much pressure on him. he was going to be jetlagged and tired, so i thought even 4th round would be awesome. and i didn't refuse to participate in wimbledon, i only said all i wanted was a fedal final :ras:

So did you make a pick for Wimbledon then? :D

:ras:

This is nonsense. Even when I am annoyed with Rafa for squeezing in too many tournaments, once he is in the draw I hope he wins. Hope. Want. Whether or not I think it is a realistic outcome is another issue :awww:

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 04:45 PM

surprisingly, nole doesn't look godawful in that picture. i'm assuming it's the miracle of photoshop.

So did you make a pick for Wimbledon then? :D

This is nonsense. Even when I am annoyed with Rafa for squeezing in too many tournaments, once he is in the draw I hope he wins. Hope. Want. Whether or not I think it is a realistic outcome is another issue :awww:

i think i picked semis for wimbly so he'll hit final :D

well did i say i was aspiring to be you? i did not :D all i said was i pick one round less than where i hope he'll make it. if i think quarters would be a fantastic result (like i did for USO), then i pick 4th round to ensure (in my mind) that he'll atleast make the quarters :sport:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 04:49 PM
surprisingly, nole doesn't look godawful in that picture. i'm assuming it's the miracle of photoshop.

I think he looks like SPock in that pic. Which I suppose is an improvement on Screech :shrug:

i think i picked semis for wimbly so he'll hit final :D

No, you only had 2 posts in the Wimbledon thread. Neither was to post a pick. :D

well did i say i was aspiring to be you? i did not :D all i said was i pick one round less than where i hope he'll make it. if i think quarters would be a fantastic result (like i did for USO), then i pick 4th round to ensure (in my mind) that he'll atleast make the quarters :sport:

I didn't say you should/were aspiring to be me :confused: It was your language which has me :eek: :awww: You "hope" that he makes the quarters? There are plenty of times when I think quareters would be a great result, but I still hope beyond all reason that he wins the event.

Anway, you don't have to explain yourself to me. Fedals are different from Rafa fans. :p :D

:rolls:

scarecrows
10-04-2008, 04:49 PM

when's the last time you've asked smth NICELY to anybody? :o

Snoo Foo
10-04-2008, 04:51 PM
french open - check
wimbledon - check

You forgot poland Davis Cup final (so far...).

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 04:54 PM
I think he looks like SPock in that pic. Which I suppose is an improvement on Screech :shrug:

as a spock fan, i'm offended!

No, you only had 2 posts in the Wimbledon thread. Neither was to post a pick. :D

i p'bably didn't post publicly because i didn't want to be kicked out of the rafa forum :awww:

I didn't say you should/were aspiring to be me :confused: It was your language which has me :eek: :awww: You "hope" that he makes the quarters? There are plenty of times when I think quareters would be a great result, but I still hope beyond all reason that he wins the event.

Anway, you don't have to explain yourself to me. Fedals are different from Rafa fans. :p :D

this was fun :lol: we are different. george thinks we are the favored species though :worship: i'm still waiting for all the favors to kick in :rocker:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 04:54 PM
when's the last time you've asked smth NICELY to anybody? :o

:awww: :awww:

http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/images/smilies/chrsmile/bouquet2.gif

Genci, please can you remove that giant picture of Nole? Or at least make it a bit smaller? http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/images/smilies/chrsmile/flower.gif

http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/images/avatar/4_4_111.gif http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/images/avatar/4_4_111.gif

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 04:55 PM
You forgot poland Davis Cup final (so far...).

good point. i'll edit my post.

i hope they win it but it's going to be a tough ask unless rafito also plays doubles too :sad:

wow, those smileys are a bit umm. interesting. :unsure:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 04:56 PM
as a spock fan, i'm offended!

Look at his ears. :tape:

i p'bably didn't post publicly because i didn't want to be kicked out of the rafa forum :awww:

Oh man, I knew you wanted Fed to win that final :mad:

this was fun :lol: we are different. george thinks we are the favored species though :worship: i'm still waiting for all the favors to kick in :rocker:

So I saw :haha:

Aenea
10-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Genci, pls remove Nole from Rafa cheering thread :bowdown: Or at least resize it to the smallest size :wavey:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 05:00 PM
http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/images/avatar/10_1_101.gif http://www.flowerchat.com/forums/images/smilies/more/boobies.gif

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Look at his ears. :tape:

oh god, i just googled for pictures of spock and found some interesting drawings by fans :tape: i'll just take your word for it :scared:

Oh man, I knew you wanted Fed to win that final :mad:

:lol: i didn't care who won that match but whatever truthiness works for you :D

edit: why do you have these smileys at your fingertips? :rolls:

scarecrows
10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
done

you could use a mod here

Metis
10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Genci and Claire, please resize those photos. I don't enjoy scrolling left and right all the time. :(

Djoko's facial expression looks silly.
Rafa's left bicep is too big for the suit. :D

i'm shocked that you would think me capable of such dubious tactics :angel:

fail photos are awesome though, i cannot lie. probably the best trophy ever :hearts:

what more do you want from rafito and me? :awww:

french open - check
wimbledon - check
davis cup finals - check

:worship: :worship: :worship: it's been a A+++++ year. probably never to be repeated again but we can always come back and bask in its glory.

Don't change the subject. :mad: Rafito's nude ass photos and all the rest you mentioned have nothing to do with your MIT picks. :rolleyes:

I think Linda raised a good point. I will put an asterisk next to your zero. You haven't earned that coffee table book yet missy! :armed:

l_mac
10-04-2008, 05:41 PM
done
:speakles:

Maybe there's something in this "being nice" thing.
you could use a mod here

No.

wildegirl05
10-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Don't change the subject. :mad: Rafito's nude ass photos and all the rest you mentioned have nothing to do with your MIT picks. :rolleyes:

I think Linda raised a good point. I will put an asterisk next to your zero. You haven't earned that coffee table book yet missy! :armed:

the scarlet asterisk :rocker2:

acionescu
10-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Please, please tell me that those photos are part of some silly contest between Linda and Claire :awww:
If they are not, I start to understand Roger being doubtful for madrid :scared: :unsure: Pretty far from the cardy, if you ask me...

l_mac
10-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Please, please tell me that those photos are part of some silly contest between Linda and Claire :awww:
If they are not, I start to understand Roger being doubtful for madrid :scared: :unsure: Pretty far from the cardy, if you ask me...

:lol:

They're from the tournament website. That level of photoshopping is far beyond Claire or I :awww:

star
10-05-2008, 12:18 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Roger thought he needed to step it up a notch!

cmurray
10-05-2008, 02:08 AM
Linda, Metis and WG...well done on your zero. That's something to be proud of. :hug:

Personally, I have to say that I am APPALLED that Xristos is beating me. I mean, what the hell is that???? :mad:

Anyway Metis, mark me down for the quarters. :angel:

Xristos
10-05-2008, 07:59 AM
Rogi has one too

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/Fedmadrid.jpg

Awesome! Do any other players have one?

Put me down for a Final please.

Xristos
10-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Linda, Metis and WG...well done on your zero. That's something to be proud of. :hug:

Personally, I have to say that I am APPALLED that Xristos is beating me. I mean, what the hell is that???? :mad:

Anyway Metis, mark me down for the quarters. :angel:

Shut your mouth.

Getta
10-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Semifinal

yana
10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi all! :wavey:

Finally we get to see Rafitito again :worship:

I say he'll make SF, a nice result anyway... ;) BTW, Metis, how many points do I have in MIT?

Andreea, Sport.ro da turneul?

the biscuit
10-05-2008, 10:37 AM
WINNER.

He'll show Andy the US Open semis win was just a fluke. :sad:

Metis
10-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi all! :wavey:

Finally we get to see Rafitito again :worship:

I say he'll make SF, a nice result anyway... ;) BTW, Metis, how many points do I have in MIT?

It seems you belong to the exclusive zero point club too. :eek:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 12:07 PM
Shut your mouth.
:speakles:

Not cool, X. Not cool at all. I didn't expect this from you.

Xristos
10-05-2008, 12:33 PM
I wasnt refering to you.

Is there anymore of those pics for other players?

l_mac
10-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I wasnt refering to you.

Is there anymore of those pics for other players?

Nadal, obviously, and Djokovic.

I know you were talking to Cheryl, and I was shocked.

acionescu
10-05-2008, 01:40 PM

Asa ar trebui pt ca au drepturile, dar nu-ti fa mari speranta. Acoperirea lor la tenis pana acum, in special in MS, a fost "majestic crap" :mad:

Minn
10-05-2008, 01:58 PM
I think I'll go with SF, please, Metis.

Xristos
10-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Nadal, obviously, and Djokovic.

I know you were talking to Cheryl, and I was shocked.

Can you please show me Djokovics pic.

She started it by saying shes APPALLED that im beating her.

Not very nice if you ask me..

l_mac
10-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Can you please show me Djokovics pic.

I posted it on the pics thread in the Nole forum.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7704140&postcount=3471

Or you can see it on the Madrid Masters site.

She started it by saying shes APPALLED that im beating her.

Not very nice if you ask me..

Probably she said that because you haven't played every round. :)

cmurray
10-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Probably she said that because you haven't played every round. :)

Precisely so. :awww:

Xristos, I don't really open my mouth to type, therefore I am already complying with your command. See how agreeable I am??? :angel:

Linda,he also sent me a bad rep that said "FUCK YOU". :sobbing:

:D

l_mac
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, Xristos :sad:

That really wasn't very nice.

Here Cheryl :hug: :hug: You probably need them.

Xristos http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/mad_nono.gif http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/mad_nono.gif

cmurray
10-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh, Xristos :sad:

That really wasn't very nice.

Here Cheryl :hug: :hug: You probably need them.

Xristos http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/mad_nono.gif http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/thumbs/mad_nono.gif

Thanks, Linda. :bigcry:

Metis
10-05-2008, 09:14 PM
You. Don't. Mess. With. The. Xristos. :armed:

If you say something he perceives as not being positive you should be ready for the consequences. :shrug:

cmurray
10-05-2008, 09:17 PM

If you say something he perceives as not being positive you should be ready for the consequences. :shrug:

I have certainly learned my lesson.

Where is the pic of those grape hyacinths? That always lightens the mood of the tourney threads. :D

wildegirl05
10-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Precisely so. :awww:

Xristos, I don't really open my mouth to type, therefore I am already complying with your command. See how agreeable I am??? :angel:

Linda,he also sent me a bad rep that said "FUCK YOU". :sobbing:

:D

X's judgment has always been swift and brutal :shrug: much like the emperors of old :hearts:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 09:18 PM

:rolls:Don't be an enabler, Metis :rolleyes:

Cheryl and I are trying to show him the error of his ways.

l_mac
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Where is the pic of those grape hyacinths? That always lightens the mood of the tourney threads. :D

:mad: Off topic.

But on that subject ... Xristos, what will Rafa be wearing in the indoor season? Seems like the hated polos have been pushed back to Shanghai :shrug:

cmurray
10-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Don't be an enabler, Metis :rolleyes:

Yeah, Metis. :rolleyes:

She can't help but be impressed by his manly aggressiveness. We know how you are Metis. :(

Metis
10-05-2008, 09:33 PM
I have certainly learned my lesson.

Now that you mention it, when I got home one of the first things I noticed was a bunch of concord blue grapes (made of glass) on my parents' coffee table. :rolls: I'll take a photo and post it tomorrow. :D

Don't be an enabler, Metis :rolleyes:

That's what I was trying to do too. :rolleyes: Notice the use of the words 'perceive' and 'not positive'.

Yeah, Metis. :rolleyes:

She can't help but be impressed by his manly aggressiveness. We know how you are Metis. :(

Goneril :rolleyes: Look who's talking! It's my fault I interfered. I should have gone about my business instead of attempting to help.

wildegirl05
10-05-2008, 09:38 PM
:mad: Off topic.

But on that subject ... Xristos, what will Rafa be wearing in the indoor season? Seems like the hated polos have been pushed back to Shanghai :shrug:

linda, X has already helpfully opened up a thread on rafa's indoor outfit that's on the first page of this forum :rolleyes: he even named it "Indoor outfit 2008" so there wouldn't be any confusion

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=131705 :wavey:

i'm sure he doesn't have time to repeatedly answer these questions :hug:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
linda, X has already helpfully opened up a thread on rafa's indoor outfit that's on the first page of this forum :rolleyes: he even named it "Indoor outfit 2008" so there wouldn't be any confusion

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=131705 :wavey:

i'm sure he doesn't have time to repeatedly answer these questions :hug:

Stop being passive aggressive, wg :mad: You know I prefer all out aggression.

ANWAY. I know of that thread, but X posted that Rafa was "debuting" that look in Shanghai. As this is the Madrid thread I thought it was relevant to ask within this thread what he would be wearing :shrug:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 09:48 PM
That's what I was trying to do too. :rolleyes: Notice the use of the words 'perceive' and 'not positive'.

But you told her to accept the consequences :shrug: I'm not sure that telling the victim that she should have known what she was bringing on herself is going to teach X anything.

wildegirl05
10-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Stop being passive aggressive, wg :mad: You know I prefer all out aggression.

ANWAY. I know of that thread, but X posted that Rafa was "debuting" that look in Shanghai. As this is the Madrid thread I thought it was relevant to ask within this thread what he would be wearing :shrug:

:confused: was it the :hug: that threw you off? that was meant for X, not you :rolleyes:

ahh, ok. i didn't know about that fact. also i thought about it and i think X should start a new madrid outfit thread. that indoor thread has been hopelessly derailed by fangirls venting about sleeves :sad:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 10:18 PM
ahh, ok. i didn't know about that fact.

Research before you post next time.

also i thought about it and i think X should start a new madrid outfit thread. that indoor thread has been hopelessly derailed by fangirls venting about sleeves :sad:

I think he'd be best just to post it here. One Madrid thread is enough.

Metis
10-05-2008, 10:24 PM
But you told her to accept the consequences :shrug: I'm not sure that telling the victim that she should have known what she was bringing on herself is going to teach X anything.

A careful observer would have realized that my post was not directed to the victim (though it seemed so at first glance) but to the aggressor. Obviously more than one people need lessons. :rolleyes:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 10:28 PM
A careful observer would have realized that my post was not directed to the victim (though it seemed so at first glance) but to the aggressor. Obviously more than one people need lessons. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm not buying that.

And, even if your intention was to show Xristos the error of his ways, I'm pretty sure the subtle approach is not the way to go. :o

wildegirl05
10-05-2008, 10:31 PM
Research before you post next time.

why? it's not like this discussion involved pap pictures :shrug: in all other cases, research is overrated.

I think he'd be best just to post it here. One Madrid thread is enough.

i just didn't want X's contributions to be lost in a sea of predictions and action-figure outfits. but X can decide that for himself :)

Metis
10-05-2008, 10:36 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, I'm not buying that.

And, even if your intention was to show Xristos the error of his ways, I'm pretty sure the subtle approach is not the way to go. :o

So what you're saying is I should have told him to stop being rude to people just because they don't :worship: him like a god all the time?

It's another way I guess but that's not my style when I'm not directly involved in the dispute. :shrug:

l_mac
10-05-2008, 10:44 PM
I just think, in this case, a direct approach is better.

This is exhausting. Will we be stopping soon?

Metis
10-05-2008, 10:46 PM
:lol: Goodnight! :wavey:

Metis
10-06-2008, 12:23 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, here is definitive proof to answer the question that has been torturing us for several weeks now: my very own concord grapes photographed by me. :worship:

My dad says they are definitely blue. :D (he was perplexed at my interest in them but I had no intention to elaborate :tape: :lol: )

cmurray
10-06-2008, 12:27 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, here is definitive proof to answer the question that has been torturing us for several weeks now: my very own concord grapes photographed by me. :worship:

My dad says they are definitely blue. :D (he was perplexed at my interest in them but I had no intention to elaborate :tape: :lol: )

:worship::worship::worship:

Very nice Metis. I think it's safe to say that you'll be receiving your own bad rep very soon. :D

Xristos
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM

My dad says they are definitely blue. :D (he was perplexed at my interest in them but I had no intention to elaborate :tape: :lol: )Awesome.

Very nice Metis. I think it's safe to say that you'll be receiving your own bad rep very soon. :D

Actually a good rep just came her way.

Metis
10-06-2008, 12:33 PM

I hate to disappoint you. :hug: He just good-repped me :nerner:

(he hadn't seen the grape photo yet though) :scared: :rolls:

EDIT: I'm safe :dance:

Xristos
10-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Because im such a kind person I will show you Rafa's Madrid outfit:
http://i33.tinypic.com/119x8hi.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/33mrf3p.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/28gqfdd.jpg
This may be the last tournament he plays with sleeveless so enjoy them while you can..

star
10-06-2008, 01:38 PM
What color does Nike deem that shirt? :lol: :lol:

I like that azure color. I like Nadal better in shades of reds, golds, and greens, but this is nice too.

Metis
10-06-2008, 01:55 PM
In general I like blue more. This looks nice. :yeah:

Saumon
10-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Is that purple? :confused:

And what happened to the shirt with sleeves? :p

the biscuit
10-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Ooh, I love that sky-blue.

cmurray
10-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Awesome.

Actually a good rep just came her way.

Well, now I'm jealous. :sad:

wildegirl05
10-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Well, now I'm jealous. :sad:

i got one too :banana:

thanks, X :kiss:

Xristos
10-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Ooh, I love that sky-blue.Carolina blue.

i got one too :banana:

thanks, X :kiss:

Your most welcome.

LA1
10-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Because im such a kind person I will show you Rafa's Madrid outfit:
http://i33.tinypic.com/119x8hi.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/33mrf3p.jpg
http://i33.tinypic.com/28gqfdd.jpg
This may be the last tournament he plays with sleeveless so enjoy them while you can..

Thanks for the pics! I really like the colors! Although, he would wear this in Paris also, no?

I'm ready for the change! No more shirts with wings on the front of his shirt and no more shirts with tire tracks! Vamos Rafito!:aplot:

The_Nadal_effect
10-06-2008, 06:38 PM
What happened to Rafa? Good thing he changed his mind about wearing the shirt. For as long as he wears the sleeveless and piratas his results will be QF and above. As soon as he starts wearing the new styled nike:retard:ed shirts, he'll go before the QF.
:o

Metis, put me up for the QF in Madrid. :kiss:

Also, I suggest you revise the MIT point system. losers should not be given a direct zero, but at least 50 points per round in which they were right. In effect, Rafa losing before the QF shouldn't give me a big fat 0, but at least a 100 points, no?

:D:D:D
Please please please. Actually, we need a consensus on that.

acionescu
10-06-2008, 08:20 PM
What the hell is with blue and fall/indoor season? :( I see this and sweet memories of Nalby/Nalby/bagel/Pics/breadstick pour in my mind :tape:

I hate blue on Rafa :mad:

l_mac
10-06-2008, 10:21 PM
What happened to Rafa? Good thing he changed his mind about wearing the shirt. For as long as he wears the sleeveless and piratas his results will be QF and above. As soon as he starts wearing the new styled nike:retard:ed shirts, he'll go before the QF.
:o

Metis, put me up for the QF in Madrid. :kiss:

Also, I suggest you revise the MIT point system. losers should not be given a direct zero, but at least 50 points per round in which they were right. In effect, Rafa losing before the QF shouldn't give me a big fat 0, but at least a 100 points, no?

:D:D:D
Please please please. Actually, we need a consensus on that.

No.

Metis has been more than clear on the points system. Why complicate it?

Tiklish
10-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Thankfully we have a reprieve from the abominable polo shirt idea.

But I am so tired of looking at blue. I was tired of looking at blue LAST fall, so tired of it that I actually enjoyed the AO outfit (except for the train tracks). There's way too much blue on tour in general. I'd like to see more green and yellow, and even purple! Not purple that looks exactly like blue on my TV and computer screens though. Real purple looking purple.

the biscuit
10-06-2008, 10:36 PM
Carolina blue.

"Carolina blue (also known as Tar Heel blue) is the shade of blue used as one of the official school colors of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. The color is sometimes referred to as light blue, sky blue, powder blue, or baby blue."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_Blue_(color)

We were both right! http://www.fanforum.com/images/smilies/highfive.gif

I don't appreciate you being so quick to call me on a mistake though. :sad: Especially without proper research.

Xristos
10-07-2008, 06:10 AM
But I am so tired of looking at blue. I was tired of looking at blue LAST fall, so tired of it that I actually enjoyed the AO outfit (except for the train tracks). There's way too much blue on tour in general. I'd like to see more green and yellow, and even purple! Not purple that looks exactly like blue on my TV and computer screens though. Real purple looking purple.

I agree 1120% about more greens and purples.

Blue is way overdone all the time.

Metis
10-07-2008, 05:36 PM
So, has Rafa started his preparation for Madrid or is he still having fun with his friends on the beach and the ...yacht? :devil:

l_mac
10-07-2008, 06:54 PM
So, has Rafa started his preparation for Madrid or is he still having fun with his friends on the beach and the ...yacht? :devil:

[how do i know so much god bless vb]He was only on Ibiza for a few days. There are pics of him out with his friends at a bar in Manacor from the weekend of the 27th. And he played come sort of Pro-Am golf tournament last week. There is a new video of him training in Mallorca with Tomeu. [/how do i know so much, god bless vb]

l_mac
10-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Bauxa pics

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/bar1.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/barsmile.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/kiss.jpg

l_mac
10-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Watch near the end with the line call :haha: :haha:

0UXq5x39OLc
uploaded by luneworld

:cuckoo: :lol: :lol:

Xristos
10-07-2008, 08:17 PM
What did Del Potro say about Nadal and what Was Rafa's response?

Also wtf was with the line call? Its just practice.

Metis
10-07-2008, 09:35 PM
[how do i know so much god bless vb]He was only on Ibiza for a few days. There are pics of him out with his friends at a bar in Manacor from the weekend of the 27th. And he played come sort of Pro-Am golf tournament last week. There is a new video of him training in Mallorca with Tomeu. [/how do i know so much, god bless vb]

Linda :worship:

So much fuss about that line call. :spit: Is that why Rafa's practice sessions are usually so long? :lol:

Uncle Toni looking good as always. :cool: :D

I could hear cowbells in that video. Has Roger sent spies to report on Rafito's preparations? :mad: :rolls:

Del Potro :tape: If I understood well he said that in the DC final they are going to take Rafa's pants out of his ass or something of that sort. :o :lol:

l_mac
10-07-2008, 09:38 PM
There are more bar pics from this past weekend.

For someone who doesn't drink Rafa always looks very merry.

Xisca was there too, but they were not photographed together. And Maymo was also there (for the conspiracy theorists ie me.)

l_mac
10-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Del Potro :tape: If I understood well he said that in the DC final they are going to take Rafa's pants out of his ass or something of that sort. :o :lol:

And Rafa said it wasn't a problem, right?

Metis
10-07-2008, 09:46 PM
There are more bar pics from this past weekend.

For someone who doesn't drink Rafa always looks very merry.

Xisca was there too, but they were not photographed together. And Maymo was also there (for the conspiracy theorists ie me.)

:speakles: more proof!

And Rafa said it wasn't a problem, right?

I think so. :lol: I could understand a few things here and there (dialects :mad: :rolleyes:) I believe he said something along the lines of "it was normal at that moment... the excitement... the crowd... it was probably the most emotional match of his career... he spoke without thinking..." :shrug:

The_Nadal_effect
10-08-2008, 05:53 AM
No.

Metis has been more than clear on the points system. Why complicate it?

Inda, stop standing in for Metis. :o

rafa_maniac
10-08-2008, 11:48 AM
Damn, if only I'd been involved in MIT earlier in the year and/or remembered to vote each tournament I might be in with a shot, getting the last three GS all right. Anyway, I'll say win here, just for kicks ya know...

Metis
10-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Inda, stop standing in for Metis. :o

:lol: Well, she's right. The rules were set long time ago. What you propose would have been a bit complicated and people would predict later rounds all the time because they would be sure to get extra points for each round. I think it's more fun the way we do it. If Rafa loses in the 3rd round the brave people who predicted that should get all the credit. :D Besides it's too late to change it now, the season is almost over. :shrug:

tangerine_dream
10-08-2008, 06:10 PM

0UXq5x39OLc
uploaded by luneworld

Rafa you freak, it's only practice. :lol:

What did Del Pony say? :confused:

I can't wait till Madrid starts, I'm dying for a journalist to ask him about his vacation on his yacht :devil: and how badly his friends have ribbed him over the infamous photos. :rolls:

The_Nadal_effect
10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
:lol: Well, she's right. The rules were set long time ago. What you propose would have been a bit complicated and people would predict later rounds all the time because they would be sure to get extra points for each round. I think it's more fun the way we do it. If Rafa loses in the 3rd round the brave people who predicted that should get all the credit. :D Besides it's too late to change it now, the season is almost over. :shrug:

Okay pwner! :o

I was just trying to gather freebies along the way to see if I can reach among the top 5 by the year end. I hope at least my collected points will carry on to next year like ATP. :D

Aenea
10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Okay pwner! :o

I was just trying to gather freebies along the way to see if I can reach among the top 5 by the year end. I hope at least my collected points will carry on to next year like ATP. :D

The pts in MIT correspond to the Race pts so if we follow the Race rules next season we all should start with 0 pts :wavey:

acionescu
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM

And all the bashing :( :armed: :p

GuiroNl
10-09-2008, 02:05 PM
Can you put me down for a W Metis?

The_Nadal_effect
10-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Can you put me down for a W Metis?

This will be very interesting.:cool:

Xristos
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
Any pic yet?

GuiroNl
10-09-2008, 08:27 PM
This will be very interesting.:cool:

I feel a sudden increase of pressure on my pick :D

l_mac
10-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I will wait for the draw.

Xristos
10-10-2008, 05:59 AM
Any pic yet?

Amazeing when I ask something, no one helps but when people ask about the outfits I run and provide..

Shame there are such careless people out there.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-10-2008, 09:36 AM
Can you put me down for a Win please, Metis?

cmurray
10-10-2008, 02:06 PM
Amazeing when I ask something, no one helps but when people ask about the outfits I run and provide..

I know. It's dreadful. :sad:

l_mac
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM

There are no pics yet Xristos.

I will check for you right now.

The_Nadal_effect
10-10-2008, 05:38 PM

You should.

Aren't you the one with the 100% record on MIT:D
Careful now.

Metis
10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Update!!!

The draw is supposed to be announced tomorrow at 6pm local time!

1st - Bye
2nd - dorkino, l_mac
3rd -
QF - acionescu, Metis, The Nadal effect
SF - Getta, MariaV, Minn, scarecrows, tennizen, wildegirl05, yana
F - cmurray, Xoman, Xristos
W - Bachelor Dandy, Foxy, GuiroNl, Laba, Luvyoyoma1954, nashty, shawshank, tangerine dream, the biscuit

Aenea
10-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Update!!!

The draw is supposed to be announced tomorrow at 6pm local time!

The tournament's web site says 12pm

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com//eng/player/

The Spanish version says the same

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com/player/

But the site is badly maintained :o The timer is wrong, there is no entry list neither for the main draw nor for Qs.

Xristos
10-10-2008, 08:27 PM
How long is that?

Aenea
10-10-2008, 08:39 PM
How long is that?

If it's 12pm then ~15 hrs from now. And if it's 6pm then ~21hrs from now.

If I understand your question correct :scratch: that's it.

Xristos
10-10-2008, 08:49 PM
So in 15 hours?

Thanks.

Metis
10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
The tournament's web site says 12pm

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com//eng/player/

The Spanish version says the same

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com/player/

But the site is badly maintained :o The timer is wrong, there is no entry list neither for the main draw nor for Qs.

Even better! :D

I got my information from the entry list thread in the Madrid tournament forum on MTF.

Aenea
10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Even better! :D

I got my information from the entry list thread in the Madrid tournament forum on MTF.

Yeah, I know and they might well be right. As I said MM's site was badly maintained, they might have gotten the time wrong. We'll see tomorrow. I hope for a favorable draw for Rafa :bowdown:

tennizen
10-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Metis, SF is my pick:)

nashty
10-11-2008, 03:51 PM
W please.:)

Metis
10-11-2008, 04:12 PM
The Draw: :scared: :unsure:

(1) NADAL, Rafael ESP - BYE
KIEFER, Nicolas GER v GULBIS, Ernests LAT
(Q) v FISH, Mardy USA
(15) GASQUET, Richard FRA - BYE

(10) WAWRINKA, Stanislas SUI - BYE
KOHLSCHREIBER, Philipp GER v MOYA, Carlos ESP
LOPEZ, Feliciano ESP v (WC) MONTANES, Albert ESP
(6) FERRER, David ESP - BYE

(3) DJOKOVIC, Novak SRB - BYE
TURSUNOV, Dmitry RUS v (Q)
(Q) v SODERLING, Robin SWE
(14) KARLOVIC, Ivo CRO - BYE

(11) BLAKE, James USA - BYE
SIMON, Gilles FRA v ANDREEV, Igor RUS
LLODRA, Michael FRA v (WC) SAFIN, Marat RUS
(5) DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS - BYE

.................................................. ........................

(8) RODDICK, Andy USA - BYE
SEPPI, Andreas ITA v ROBREDO, Tommy ESP
MONFILS, Gael FRA v (WC) FOGNINI, Fabio ITA
(12) GONZALEZ, Fernando CHI - BYE

(13) VERDASCO, Fernando ESP - BYE
(Q) v CILIC, Marin CRO
(Q) v ALMAGRO, Nicolas ESP
(4) MURRAY, Andy GBR - BYE

(7) NALBANDIAN, David ARG - BYE
SCHUETTLER, Rainer GER v BERDYCH, Tomas CZE
YOUZHNY, Mikhail RUS v NIEMINEN, Jarkko FIN
(9) DEL POTRO, Juan Martin ARG - BYE

(16) TSONGA, Jo-Wilfried FRA - BYE
MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA v (Q)
MONACO, Juan ARG v STEPANEK, Radek CZE
(2) FEDERER, Roger SUI - BYE

MariaV
10-11-2008, 04:29 PM
So optimistic predictions here. :D
Uhhh, OK, I say SF. :wavey:
VAMOS! :banana: :yippee: :bounce: :bigclap:

acionescu
10-11-2008, 05:17 PM
QF for me, please predicting SF when he's in the same half as Nole is inacceptable :(

cmurray
10-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Metis, switch me to the final, please. :hatoff:

l_mac
10-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Grr.

I say 2nd round, but I might change if Kiefer beats Gulbis :unsure:

shawshank
10-11-2008, 06:09 PM
If I'mac's predictions were always right, Rafa would be at the moment somewhere around position number 30 in rankings :)Thankfully, he is not always right! Anyway, I'm a bit more optimistic, so please put me for a win :)

Foxy
10-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Metis, put me down for the Victory!
BTW, nice signature, l_mac. :devil:

Bibberz
10-11-2008, 07:40 PM
If I'mac's predictions were always right, Rafa would be at the moment somewhere around position number 30 in rankings :)Thankfully, he is not always right! Anyway, I'm a bit more optimistic, so please put me for a win :)

Put me down for the "W," please. :hatoff:

wildegirl05
10-11-2008, 11:23 PM
metis, the draw makes me :unsure:, i'll go with semis :scared:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-12-2008, 01:07 AM
metis---WINNER PLEASE.

tangerine_dream
10-12-2008, 04:08 AM
Put me down for the win, Metis.

Nice sig, Linda. How many colorful reps did you nab for it? ;)

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-12-2008, 04:23 AM
Is anyone here a member of VB.com and unable to get on the forum tonight????

lau-mza
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Me!! I'm Maria Laura and I can't log in too :(

Mora
10-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Yep. It happened while I was on earlier today. Don't know what the problem is.

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-12-2008, 04:51 AM
Me!! I'm Maria Laura and I can't log in too :(

THANK YOU MARIA LAURA. NCE TO GET THE INFO FROM A VERY FAMILIAR NAME. :wavey:

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-12-2008, 04:52 AM
Yep. It happened while I was on earlier today. Don't know what the problem is.

Mora, thank you. What is your name at VB or is it Mora there too??

mamasue
10-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Hey VBers. I've talked to support and our database server is down and they are working on it. But I was told it may be down for a few more hours. :( So we'll just have to wait.

SomL.
10-12-2008, 05:27 AM
I can't enter in VB too.:(

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Hey VBers. I've talked to support and our database server is down and they are working on it. But I was told it may be down for a few more hours. :( So we'll just have to wait.

Thank you for the update Mamasue. I miss it. :wavey:

Mora
10-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Thank you Mamasue. And Luvyoyoma, I'm Mora on VB, too.

maryan unfaitful
10-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Nice to find some of you here. :wavey: Any chance for livestream for the award giving?

l_mac
10-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Put me down for the win, Metis.

Nice sig, Linda. How many colorful reps did you nab for it? ;)

Only greens :rocker2:

rafa the best
10-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Is there a link for the presentation? Hope Vb will be back soon, I feel lost without it.

10-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm glad Madrid is finally here :) I lose some interest in tennis after the U.S. Open, but I always want to follow Rafa in Madrid ;)

star
10-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm glad Madrid is finally here :) I lose some interest in tennis after the U.S. Open, but I always want to follow Rafa in Madrid ;)

I'm the same way. :)

It's always hard for me to have any interest in the indoor season. Maybe it's because my favorites have tended to be good on clay, or I get busy in the fall or something. Anyway, I'm trying hard to focus on Madrid. :)

The_Nadal_effect
10-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Metis, put me up for a QF please.

Xoman
10-12-2008, 07:22 PM

I completely understand your feelings. Me too I feel the pressure.

Metis, put me down for the Final... In the understanding that this is a guess for the MIT competition. Deep in my heart I want Nadal to win. But at some point I have to guess something different that GuiroNl so I can take the lead of MIT in solitary. ;)

MariaV
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
ORDER OF PLAY
Monday, 13 October 2008

PISTA CENTRAL
Not Before 4:00 PM
Carlos MOYA (ESP)/Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs James BLAKE (USA)/Mardy FISH (USA)

josie
10-12-2008, 08:45 PM
Rafa recieves the no 1 Trophy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETElwxP-5jQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ETElwxP-5jQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

and Rafas first match will be again Gulbis who won today in three set

dorkino
10-12-2008, 09:44 PM
:wavey: Missed you allll.:hug:

Linda :haha: :yeah: nice sig.

Wildie :hatoff: for the sig. statement. Count me in for the Naderer's league.:)

And speaking of Madrid, :unsure: :scared: Seeing the draw ,i have to go with Linda on this. 2nd round. :shrug:

Eden
10-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Preview interview

http://www.atpmastersseries.tv/page/Madrid/Interviews/0,,11444~1419336,00.html

Luvyoyoma1954@co
10-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Nice to find some of you here. :wavey: Any chance for livestream for the award giving?

maryan unfaitful, How are you dealing without VB?? I cannot get over how much I rely on it. :worship: To bad about the timing with the beginning of Madrid. :wavey:

TMJordan
10-13-2008, 06:25 AM
Metis, put me down for round 2 please, Gulbis will do a Berdych :D

GuiroNl
10-13-2008, 08:24 AM
You should.

Aren't you the one with the 100% record on MIT:D
Careful now.

I had USO and Rome wrong and missed Toronto and Cincy because of holidays :).
All in all, he has a favourable draw (I think Gulbis is the most overrated player at the moment) and

I completely understand your feelings. Me too I feel the pressure.

Metis, put me down for the Final... In the understanding that this is a guess for the MIT competition. Deep in my heart I want Nadal to win. But at some point I have to guess something different that GuiroNl so I can take the lead of MIT in solitary. ;)

At first I was actually thinking of picking final, but for some reason I don't think he will get beaten in a final in front of a home crowd.

Anyway, he has a decent draw with Gulbis being one of the most overrated players at the moment (and he's having a bad run), Gasquet being Gasquet and (IMO) Djokovic likely to be upset.

Laba
10-13-2008, 01:25 PM
Put me down for Winner. I think if he can get through Gulbis, he'll gain a fair amount of confidence to push him into a semi showdown with Djokovic that I will feel a little more confident about as opposed to their Cincinnati meeting.

SomL.
10-13-2008, 03:24 PM
Anyone know ? How can I watch Rafa and Moya double match online ?

l_mac
10-13-2008, 03:37 PM
No idea.

Sky TV are showing it in the UK :eek:

Aenea
10-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Metis, put me down for Win :D

I watched Rafa's double with Charlie and I feel optimistic. Rafa played well, served well and showed good reactions on the net that 7th game in the 2nd set was just awesome :worship: Besides he may play both Fish and Blake on later stages in the singles so this was a good warm-up.

Go, Rafa http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn318/tennischeto/emote-1.gif

Xristos
10-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Rafa will beat Gulbis in 2 sets. Everyone needs to just relax.

Metis
10-13-2008, 06:36 PM
Rafa and Charly won their 1st match against Blake/Fish 4-6 7-6 10-5 :D

OOP for Tuesday:

Not before 8:00pm

Rafael Nadal (ESP) vs Ernests Gulbis (LAT)
Feliciano Lopez (ESP) vs Albert Montanes (ESP)

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com/pdf/ordendejuego/2008/14/OP.pdf

Make sure to post/change your predictions before the match starts!

1st - Bye
2nd - dorkino, TMJordan
3rd - Metis
QF - acionescu, l_mac, The Nadal effect
W - Aenea, Bachelor Dandy, Foxy, GuiroNl, Laba, Luvyoyoma1954, NaDALiTa, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tangerine dream, the biscuit

ellen_
10-14-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't think you have to be scared of Erno today, although he always plays better when he's playing the best players. The thing is, he's still very unstable. He had some ridiculous losses lately and some great wins.

I'm very curious about the match, I'm a Rafa fan since he first came on tour and now he's playing my other favourite. Erno needs to win this match more, can't you give me a present? ;)
Anyway, I'll be happy when Rafa wins too. But my flag of Spain stays in today :p I'll put it out of my window tomorrow when Spain plays Belgium in football :devil:

NaDALiTa
10-14-2008, 05:21 PM
Hi there :wavey:

Hope it's not too late for MIT,if not put me down for a W dear Metis :) (i'm optimistic with such a draw but he's the N1!)

l_mac
10-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Metis, change me to QF. :scared:

I'm sure if I don't change I will pick up my first points :bigcry:

Metis
10-14-2008, 05:29 PM
that's some interesting logic :lol:

The_Nadal_effect
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Metis, change me to QF. :scared:

I'm sure if I don't change I will pick up my first points :bigcry:

Nice to have you both for company but of course, it means that both you and Metis are badly jinxed, ladies! :lol:

Get ready for your first points cause I'll always get it right!:devil:

Metis
10-14-2008, 07:06 PM
I think I'll change my pick to 3rd round then :ras:

Metis
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
OOP for Wednesday:

PISTA ALCALA
Not before 3:00pm

Mahesh BHUPATHI (IND)/
Mark KNOWLES (BAH) vs Carlos MOYA (ESP)/Rafael NADAL (ESP)

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com/pdf/ordendejuego/2008/15/OP.pdf

Aenea
10-14-2008, 09:52 PM
The first obstacle has been overcame :D Tough first match as usual.
Still

Well done, Rafa, for making it to R3 :worship:

Gasquet :scared:

If Rafa plays like this he may kiss the QF good bye. Next time he shall come out firing on all cylinders.

Metis
10-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Nadal-Gulbis 7-5 3-6 6-3 :dance:

1st - Bye
2nd - dorkino, TMJordan
3rd - Metis
W - Aenea, Bachelor Dandy, Foxy, GuiroNl, Laba, Luvyoyoma1954, NaDALiTa, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tangerine dream, the biscuit

dorkino and TMJordan are today's losers. :D (a hug for Jordan :hug: this must be particularly hard for him :p)

http://failsalon.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/acab_fail.jpg

l_mac
10-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Jordan :hug:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

Vamos l_mac :rocker2:

VBryantKYUSA
10-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Put me down for Winner!!

I'm hoping that it is against Roger!! Fedal Fans Rule!!

:devil: :worship: :D ;) :woohoo: :hearts: :banana: :inlove:

Foxy
10-15-2008, 07:49 AM
Metis, I am sorry but I don't want to see you winning this. :devil:

rafa_maniac
10-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Oy, where's my winner prediction?

Metis
10-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Put me down for Winner!!

I'm hoping that it is against Roger!! Fedal Fans Rule!!

:devil: :worship: :D ;) :woohoo: :hearts: :banana: :inlove:

Especially the ones that think like you. :D :p

Sorry, you need to post your prediction before Rafa's first match...

Metis, I am sorry but I don't want to see you winning this. :devil:

:sad:

Oy, where's my winner prediction?

Oops sorry, I forgot to put it in... corrected!

tangerine_dream
10-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Bamos Rafa, keep going. :drive:

Only greens :rocker2:
Well, that's a shame. :devil:

TMJordan
10-15-2008, 05:34 PM
:mad:

tangerine_dream
10-15-2008, 05:42 PM

http://i38.tinypic.com/2ug16yf.jpg

my new favorite smiley

Maula
10-15-2008, 06:00 PM
Rafa and Charly pulled out !

The_Nadal_effect
10-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Is that true?

Impossible. Not before QF. I have my prestige at stake.:)

l_mac
10-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Only from doubles, and only as a precaution.

Metis
10-15-2008, 06:21 PM
We need a photo of that moment where Rafa was massaging his right butt cheek to go with the title of the thread :D

l_mac
10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Borrowed from miri at vb

Metis
10-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I cannot sse it :(

l_mac
10-15-2008, 06:33 PM

l_mac
10-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Now?

Metis
10-15-2008, 06:40 PM
negative :sad:

can you post it as an attachment?

wildegirl05
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
metis, will this do?

l_mac
10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
:p

wildegirl05
10-15-2008, 06:45 PM
oh, that's awesome :worship:

TMJordan
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
I actually saw that when watching the match and thought ``What a pig``

Metis
10-15-2008, 06:47 PM
Linda :worship:

Yes, that's what I was talking about. :D

WG thanks for your contribution too. :hug: :lol:

Metis
10-15-2008, 08:05 PM
OOP for Thursday!

Pista Central
Not before 4:00pm

Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs Richard GASQUET (FRA)

http://www.mutuamad-mastersmadrid.com/pdf/ordendejuego/2008/16/OP.pdf

l_mac
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
LOL @ Novak being the 2nd night match.

"possible time change" :lol: :lol:

Aenea
10-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Yesterday I read that Rafa still felt pain during practice sessions :scared: I hope he had enough time to recover.

Good luck, Rafa. Hope to see you in the QF :yippee:

Metis
10-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Nadal-Gasquet 6-4 6-2 :yeah:

1st - Bye
2nd - dorkino, TMJordan
3rd - Metis

My FAIL record remains unblemished :worship: :D

http://www.themadhat.com/images/vader-fail.jpg

Metis
10-16-2008, 07:55 PM
OOP for Friday!

Pista Central
Starting at 8:00pm

Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs Feliciano LOPEZ (ESP)

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/1536/op.pdf

Bj÷rki
10-16-2008, 07:58 PM
Vamos Rafa :rocker2:

Aenea
10-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Rafa remains on track of securing the year end #1 :yippee: Only 1 more win and he will have the job done. Feli, do not screw things up :D

Vamos, Rafa :bigclap:

l_mac
10-16-2008, 08:53 PM
Rafa remains on track of securing the year end #1 :yippee: Only 1 more win and he will have the job done. Feli, do not screw things up :D

Vamos, Rafa :bigclap:

Needs final to secure it.

Aenea
10-16-2008, 08:56 PM

Rafa said himself Friday win would be enough :confused:

http://www.eurosport.yahoo.com/16102008/3/tennis-ace-nadal-closes-season-mission-accomplished.html

cmurray
10-16-2008, 08:57 PM

does he plan to play Bercy?

l_mac
10-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Rafa said himself Friday win would be enough :confused:

http://www.eurosport.yahoo.com/16102008/3/tennis-ace-nadal-closes-season-mission-accomplished.html

Hmm. Maybe my calculations or wrong. Or his.

I make it that Federer can score 6605 points if he wins Madrid, Paris, Basel and TMC without losing a match. If Rafa got to the semis he'd only be certain of 6550.

wildegirl05
10-16-2008, 09:44 PM
i think your calculations are right, linda --> http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/madrid_thursday2.asp

Cloudygirl
10-16-2008, 09:46 PM
I make it that Fed can only get 6545 which would mean Rafa would be ok if he won his quarter. My maths isn't great though.

l_mac
10-16-2008, 10:02 PM
I make it that Fed can only get 6545 which would mean Rafa would be ok if he won his quarter. My maths isn't great though.

Federer currently has 5705 points. He can get 375 more for winning Madrid, 0 for winning Basel, 425 for winning Paris and an extra 100 at TMC.

That would give him a total of 6605.

Cloudygirl
10-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Didn't he make Madrid finals last year so can only gain 150 or am I being a complete dumbass (this is very possible I'm really tired tonight).

l_mac
10-16-2008, 10:08 PM
Didn't he make Madrid finals last year so can only gain 150 or am I being a complete dumbass (this is very possible I'm really tired tonight).

Yes, but I am working with last year's points for Madrid already off.

He had 5930. Minus last year's 350 is 5580, plus the 125 for reaching QF is 5705.

Aenea
10-16-2008, 10:27 PM
At first I was actually thinking of picking final, but for some reason I don't think he will get beaten in a final in front of a home crowd.

Anyway, he has a decent draw with Gulbis being one of the most overrated players at the moment (and he's having a bad run), Gasquet being Gasquet and (IMO) Djokovic likely to be upset.

:worship:

So far so good, no wonder you're leader in MIT. I hope you are right about your final prediction, too :)

tennisace21
10-16-2008, 11:40 PM
So. This ends up being if Rafa loses to Feli then he....

Mimi
10-17-2008, 05:34 AM
foolish me, i always thought rafa has already clinched the year end no.1 spot :mad:

Goldenhera
10-17-2008, 05:44 AM
FYI all, Rafa's website says he needs one more win to secure the year end numero uno.

http://www.rafaelnadal.com/nadal/en/news

Mimi
10-17-2008, 07:46 AM
the former gymastic queen Nadia Comeneci was there too, how cruel is time, i cannot recognise her any more, she once was so young and pretty :sad:

Aenea
10-17-2008, 08:28 AM
FYI all, Rafa's website says he needs one more win to secure the year end numero uno.

Maybe they have forgotten about the additional 100pts Federer can score at TMC if he wins without losing a match. Now though he's the winner he has only 650 from TMC but that's not the max the winner can score at TMC. 750 is the max.

Ok then let's go for 2 more wins, Rafa :bigclap:

josie
10-17-2008, 09:36 AM

and the ATP site says he need to be in the final

http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/madrid_thursday2.asp
"But he is yet to clinch the year-end No. 1 Ranking - something he can do this week by reaching the Madrid final.

l_mac
10-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Unless Fed loses today. Then it's his. :D

cmurray
10-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Unless Fed loses today. Then it's his. :D

I wonder if that's why the people in Madrid won't cheer for ol' Rogi.

Metis
10-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Nadal-Lopez 6-4 6-4 :)

Hopefully that shoulder won't get worse. :unsure:

1st - Bye
2nd - dorkino, TMJordan
3rd - Metis

acionescu, The Nadal effect you should know better; you cannot pick the same round as l_mac and expect to win :shrug:

http://failblog.wordpress.com/files/2008/06/fail-duck-writing1.jpg

Metis
10-17-2008, 09:24 PM
OOP for Saturday!

Pista Central
not before 4:00pm

Rafael NADAL (ESP) vs Gilles SIMON (FRA)

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/1536/op.pdf

acionescu
10-17-2008, 09:31 PM
acionescu, The Nadal effect you should know better; you cannot pick the same round as l_mac and expect to win

When I made my pick hers was 2nd round :crying2:

Metis
10-17-2008, 09:36 PM
When I made my pick hers was 2nd round :crying2:

You should have changed; I did so immediately. :D It didn't do me much good but at least I tried. :shrug:

Aenea
10-18-2008, 09:04 AM
:woohoo:

SF time, well done :)

Vamos Rafa babe :music: Win this. Good luck and I hope you're OK :unsure:

Foxy
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM
MonoMug is done. Rafa offically number 1. Congrats. :worship:
He can now safely retire from tournament if his shoulder or whatever is hurting. I don't care about MIT points.
Paris and Shanghai await him.

The_Nadal_effect
10-18-2008, 06:09 PM
acionescu, The Nadal effect you should know better; you cannot pick the same round as l_mac and expect to win :shrug:

EQUATION FOR A DISASTER:
i_mac + Metis = i_mac + Metis = 0 + 0 = 0 - 0 = 0...which means you both are to be avoided like plague during the MIT!!!

So there!:o

...There go my chances of competing with gUIRONI.:sad:

Aenea
10-18-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh well lost SF but won year-end #1 spot. All in all good tournament.

On to Paris now :bounce: I love Paris :D

Metis
10-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Nadal-Simon 6-3 5-7 6-7 :eek:

Fucking unbelievable! :lol: What a fight by Simon! :worship:

1st - Bye
2nd - dorkino, TMJordan
3rd - Metis

cmurray, Xoman, Xristos, Aenea, Bachelor Dandy, Foxy, GuiroNl, Laba, Luvyoyoma1954, NaDALiTa, nashty, rafa maniac, shawshank, tangerine dream, the biscuit: ladies and gentlemen that was quite a FAIL :worship: You should be proud of yourselves :lol:

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-07-09-epicfail.jpg

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/football/bob_blog/winner.jpg

To the winners: Getta, MariaV, Minn, scarecrows, tennizen, wildegirl05, yana go the spoils, i.e. 100 points! Congrats :worship:

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/polls/large/128963-1.jpg

rafa_maniac
10-18-2008, 07:05 PM
Anyone else hoping he just skips Paris altogether and saves himself for TMC and Davis Cup? He certainly doesn't need another pointless drawn out indoor loss like this one, not when #1 is wrapped up.

wildegirl05
10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
it really hurts to gain points in MIT :sobbing: i was so proud of my zero :bigcry:

Metis
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
No changes among the leaders, and wildegirl95 and yana score their first points :yeah:

l_mac and Metis remaining in the zero group :worship:

Current MIT standings after Madrid :spit:

GuiroNl __________940
Xoman___________940

Foxy ____________860
Tnn74 ___________860

nashty___________840

tangerine_dream ___800
Xristos ___________800

MariaV___________760

spriwi____________725

cmurray _________ 700
Luvyoyoma1954____700
scarecrows________700

hra87 ___________660
raven_gypsy______ 660

Getta____________605

M.C. _____________600
rafa_maniac_______600

NaDaLiTa_________505

tennischeto________500
Tess Gray_________500

Blaze-2004 _______460
Denisse __________460

elessar___________400
Minn_____________400
tennizen__________400
TMJordan _________400

Bachelor Dandy_____380

acionescu_________300
shawshank________300

The Pro __________260

The Nadal Effect____200

Lopaka___________180

platinum__________160

Chocolate&Rafa_____100
Heavenseventeen ___100
wildegirl05________100
yana_____________100

luised_____________80
NancyIsabelle_______80

Agassi Fan_________60

l_mac _____________0 :worship: :worship:
Metis______________0 :worship: :worship:

Metis
10-18-2008, 07:15 PM
it really hurts to gain points in MIT :sobbing: i was so proud of my zero :bigcry:

:awww: :hug:

BucketT
10-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Anyone else hoping he just skips Paris altogether and saves himself for TMC and Davis Cup? He certainly doesn't need another pointless drawn out indoor loss like this one, not when #1 is wrapped up.

Same thought here, #1 is fixed up surely till the end of the year and I'd be very happy to see him win at Shangai tournament and DC Cup with his Spanish Armada! ;)

scarecrows
10-18-2008, 07:22 PM
good points

I didnt play many MITs so I dont have much to defend next season

MariaV
10-18-2008, 08:53 PM
That match was pure horror. :help: I mean how can a FRENCHIE be so tough mentally all of a sudden? :rolleyes:
And I didn't see anything wrong with Rafa's shoulder, just a shocking amount of UEs he usually doesn't make, not even on hard indoors. :shrug:
Anyway, at least one good thing to console myself - another win at the MIT. :D :banana: :dance:

dorkino
10-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Simon was the better fighter today and Rafaito was too nervous and sadly managed to lose a miraculous number of breakpoints. :eek:

Simon. :hatoff:. Rafaello , get better. :hug: :hug:

Fellow Rafatards. :hug:

Guy Haines
10-18-2008, 10:06 PM
That match was pure horror. :help: I mean how can a FRENCHIE be so tough mentally all of a sudden? :rolleyes:
And I didn't see anything wrong with Rafa's shoulder, just a shocking amount of UEs he usually doesn't make, not even on hard indoors. :shrug:
Anyway, at least one good thing to console myself - another win at the MIT. :D :banana: :dance:

Gilles is (finally becoming) known for his mental fortitude. Going in, I knew he was as strong at fighting off break points as Rafa. But I didn't think he's outdo Rafa today.

Gilles and Rafa are my two favorite players, so I loved this match. It's probably the only time I've ever not been disappointed to see Rafa lose. He's already had an amazing year, and especially at the tail end of it, a match as valiant as today's is as good as any Masters tournament win.

It was one of the best matches I've seen this year -- even if it was far from Rafa's best play, or his best match of the year. ;)

Plus he clinched #1, and he did better than last year in Madrid. :)

l_mac
10-18-2008, 11:33 PM

tangerine_dream
10-19-2008, 12:16 AM
The Nadal Era is over. :awww:

l_mac
10-19-2008, 12:49 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/Rafalose.png

l_mac
10-19-2008, 02:30 AM
The Nadal Era is over. :awww: