Breaking News: Pim-Pim might do a serious comeback!! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Breaking News: Pim-Pim might do a serious comeback!!

henwal_of_sweden
10-03-2008, 08:06 AM
http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/tennis/article3449059.ab

Pim-Pim will have a press-conference today and reveal his plan for the future. His injured shoulder have healed over all expectations and he have been able to increase his practice time very much.

The roumur says his first plan is Sthlm Open next week!

More to come...

Björki
10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
:eek:

would be nice to see him in Stockholm.

SwedSerbia
10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
Jaaa!

Soo fun!

Björki
10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
03/10/2008 - 12:00

Bekräftat: "Pim-Pim" klar för Stockholm Open
Tennis - ATP-touren

Skadedrabbade Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson är klar för comeback i samband med Stockholm Open. Under fredagen håller svensken en presskonferens och ska då berätta mer om sina framtidsplaner.

För åtta månader sedan avslutade Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson sin karriär som tennisspelare efter en axelskada. Nu är dock den hårtslående svensken redo för en sensationell comeback. Skadan ska ha läkt över förväntan den senaste tiden, "Pim-Pim" har ökat sin träningsdos och Stockholm Opens tävlingschef Per Hjertquist bekräftar för SVT att "Pim-Pim" har tilldelats ett wild card.

Under sommarens Swedish Open tränade "Pim-Pim" tillsammans med Carlos Moya som tyckte att svensken hade mer att ge på tennisbanan. Spanjoren förmedlade, enligt SVD, kontakten till sin fysioterapeut Joan Alloza Rosselló som hjälpt simmare och volleybollspelare med liknande skador. Rosselló är helt övertygad om att "Pim-Pims" axel håller för en ny satsning på elitnivå.

Inflammationen som fick "Pim-Pim" att sluta med tennis i januari tidigare i år ska enligt uppgifter vara helt borta.

Att "Pim-Pim" nu ställer upp i Stockholm Open är kanske lite plåster på såren för arrangören, som i onsdags fick chockbeskedet att världstvåan Roger Federer drar sig ur turneringen.

Fredrik Jönsson - eurosport.se

henwal_of_sweden
10-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Fasiken va gött! Kom igen Pim-Pim! Du ska få hockey-support i Sthlm!!!

Sommarsverige
10-03-2008, 02:46 PM
This is so fantastic news :bounce: :bounce:

I really, really hope Pim Pim will really start again and not just play one tournament in Stockholm now :worship:

tutti
10-03-2008, 07:11 PM
i wanna gonna swenden

mashamaniac
10-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm very happy to hear that pim pim will play stockholm! i really miss him and am looking forward to see him back acing everyone! in a very ordinary day he'd hit 15 aces...

swedes_rule
10-04-2008, 10:10 AM
omg thats FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kom igen pim pim!!!!

Björki
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Johansson To Make Return To ATP Circuit

© Getty Images
Joachim JohanssonFormer ATP World No. 9 Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson of Sweden announced on Friday that he would resume his professional tennis career starting at the If Stockholm Open, where he has received a wild card for the main draw, which starts on Monday.

The 26-year-old Johansson originally retired from the ATP circuit in February after suffering from shoulder injuries for three years.

“My shoulder feels much better and when Pelle (Per Hjertquist, Tournament Director) asked me to play here it felt like a very exciting challenge. It’s extra special for me to play this tournament, with home court advantage and with the wonderful atmosphere in the arena”, Johansson said.

The If Stockholm Open will be Johansson’s only event in 2008, while he will resume a full schedule starting in 2009.

The 6’6’’ right-hander played his last professional match in Stockholm last year, defeating Carlos Berlocq in the first round before withdrawing from his second match due to illness.

Johansson captured three ATP titles at 2004 Memphis (d. Kiefer) and 2005 Adelaide (d. Dent) and Marseille (d. Ljubicic). His best Grand Slam performance came at the ’04 US Open, when he beat defending champion Andy Roddick in the quarterfinals before falling to Lleyton Hewitt in the semifinals. He reached a career-high No. 9 in the South African Airways ATP Rankings on February 14, 2005.

foolish pleasure
10-04-2008, 05:48 PM
http://tennistalk.com/en/index/image/id/3453

Joachim “Pim-Pim” Johansson, the Swede with a cannon-like seve, has announced that he will come back to tennis after announcing his retirement earlier this year.

After years of struggling with a shoulder injury, surgery and illness, Joachim Johansson has announced officially that he is returning to the sport of tennis.

Johansson held a press conference at the Royal Tennis Hall in Stockholm on Friday to accept the final wildcard for the upcoming Stockholm Open. The Swede looked to have a promising career before being sidelined with debilitating shoulder pain. He burst onto the tennis scene in 2004, creating a huge stir by ousting defending US Open champion Andy Roddick in the first round at Flushing Meadows. He marched all the way to the semi-finals.

In the summer of 2005 he had surgery on his shoulder. He attempted several comebacks over the next two years, but he never seemed fully healed. In February of this year, Pim-Pim announced that the surgery and subsequent rehabilitation had not been effective, and that as a result he was forced to retire.

Of late, Johansson has been working with Spaniard Carlos Moya and his team to try different rehab strategies. The new treatments, as well as some much-needed rest, seems to have done the trick. Johansson will make his 2008 debut in front of his home crowd, all of whom will undoubtedly have their fingers crossed.

Sommarsverige
10-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the articles, Peggy and fp :hug: :worship:

Corina2605
10-04-2008, 10:06 PM
Great news, I am very happy for him and all his fans:) I hope that his shoulder is ok and that he can start 100% healthy the 2009 season.

the_natural
10-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Is there any emoticon for extreme ecstacy???? cos WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTT YEH :D Most enjoyable serve to watch from this generation of players, damn ive still only got 1 set worth o that USO 04 match and i just cant get enough of that incredible raw power, the ice water veins, the beautiful backhand and the ridiculous forehand, and brilliant movement for a giant.... Damn it damn it damn it i wont get to see his matches in australia!!

Anyone know where i can get videos of him playing, hes so f@#$ing exciting ... And goood on him for workin with Moya, Moya had a serious shoulder prob back in 05 I remember when he played the French (still made Federer sweat more than any of the other players), but yeh hes obviously totally over it now, so im sure his team would know best how to fix it... Damn i really want him back soooo badly, theres just something so exciting about his game even though its dominated by his serve hes not as borgin as rodick

Kat!
10-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Unbelievable, I can't believe I'm reading this! Please stay healthy PimPim :hug:

Bourne
10-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Great news !!!!

SwedSerbia
10-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Now it´s time! Hold your thumbs! KOM IGEN PIM PIM!

Sommarsverige
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Pim Pim won the first set 7:5 against Mahut :bounce: :bounce:

And it is 2:2 in the 2nd set...heja Pim Pim, break him now :worship:

SwedSerbia
10-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Pim Pim Won! :bounce:

7-5 7-6! Nice to see him back! Next up Nalbandian, can he hold his serve, everything can happen ;)

Sommarsverige
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I am sooooooooooooooooo happy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Big, big congrats to Pim Pim :) I somehow still can´t believe it...

nano
10-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Well done Pim Pim:bigclap: Great win!
I'm sooooo happy:hug:

Impossible
10-07-2008, 09:24 PM
Joachim ;)

foolish pleasure
10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
way to go pim pim! :yeah:

here's a link to the match highlights from svt.se

http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=21874&lid=sport&from=menu

amdany
10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
:woohoo:, I'm so happy for him but it'll be tough against Nalbandian if he's in good shape.
Good luck Pim Pim!

SwedSerbia
10-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Okey everybody, wanna see "Pim Pim" vs Nalbandian just follow the link.

http://www.svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=21314&lid=menu

MartinSwe
10-09-2008, 08:28 PM
He lost, but i think he will be back later with better results! And he played pretty nice for just training 20hrs in a year! :D GO JJ

Sommarsverige
10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
I am a little sad Pim Pim lost, but he said himself that he was pretty happy with the way he played :)

So, I guess and hope we will see him back next year :)

In an interview in a Swedish paper he said that he will fly to Mallorca in the next days and see Carlos physio again :)

foolish pleasure
10-10-2008, 02:38 AM
pim pim :sad: :hug:

I am a little sad Pim Pim lost, but he said himself that he was pretty happy with the way he played :)

In an interview in a Swedish paper he said that he will fly to Mallorca in the next days and see Carlos physio again :)

thanks for the news sommarsverige!

and for the link swedserbia!

amdany
10-10-2008, 06:07 PM

thanks for the news:)

swedes_rule
10-11-2008, 05:00 AM
thanks guys for all the news :)

ive got my fingers crossed for the 2009 australian season!!!! any ideas as to whether he'll be ready?

Björki
10-14-2008, 10:57 AM
I asked Pim Pim about his plans. He said he need to practice and he wont play at the beginning in 2009. So I dont think he is going to Australia.

amdany
10-15-2008, 08:15 AM
thanks for the news

Björki
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Publicerad 3 december 2008

http://lt.se/polopoly_fs/1.50492!image/487835086.jpg_gen/derivatives/468w/487835086.jpg

Pim-Pim trivs hemma i Södertälje Tennisstjärnan har ingen brådska att göra comeback

Tennis Joachim ”Pim-Pim” Johansson är tillbaka i Södertälje igen. Med ny flickvän och en pånyttfödd rörlighet i sin tidigare så sargade kropp. Men det dröjer ett tag innan han är tillbaka på ATP-touren.

När Pim-Pim klev ut på banan i Stockholm Open i oktober var det en utmaning och ett spännande experiment. Någon riktig comeback var det däremot inte.

Den får vänta några månader till, minst.

Direkt efter Stockholm Open åkte Pim-Pim ner till Mallorca för att börja jobba med sin nya fysioterapeut Joan Alloza Rosselló. Där inleddes den långa, mödosamma vägen mot toppen igen.

Allting började egentligen i Båstad i somras. Det var där Alloza Rosselló såg Pim-Pim träna, tyckte att han såg lite för bra ut för att ha slutat och erbjöd sig att hjälpa till om Pim-Pim funderade på en comeback.

Pim-Pim, som under sommaren också inledde en ny karriär som tränare för finska löftet Henri Kontinen, bestämde sig inte där och då att göra en satsning på att komma tillbaka. Men efter ett tag beslutade han sig för att avbryta samarbetet med Kontinen.

– Jag trivdes jättebra som tränare, det var ett kanonjobb och han är en riktigt lovande spelare och hur trevlig som helst. Men jag ville fundera i lugn och ro på hur jag skulle göra. Jag slutade ju inte för att jag inte tyckte att det var kul att spela tennis, utan för att jag inte hade något val, säger Pim-Pim.

Och efter att ha tänkt över situationen ordentligt kom han fram till att när möjligheten fanns att börja spela igen, kunde han inte låta den försvinna.

Under hösten har han varit nere hos Alloza Rosselló på Malloroca två gånger och sakta men säkert jobbat med styrka och rörlighet. Han säger att han inte har känt sig så här bra fysiskt sedan 1999/2000.

Men han har inte bråttom tillbaka. I slutet av året åker han till Australien, där han kommer att träna och dessutom har ett antal uppvisningsmatcher inplanerade. Efter det räknar han med att utvärdera sin situation på nytt.

På resan får han också sällskap av flickvännen Johanna Westerberg, 31, som är golfproffs och inleder nästa säsong med ett par tävlingar i Australien i februari.

– För mig är det superbra att kunna åka ner så tidigt, oftast har jag åkt ner en vecka innan. Nu kan jag ladda i lugn och ro, säger Westerberg.

Men först ska Westerberg avsluta den här säsongen. På fredag åker hon ner till Dubai, för att spela Dubai Ladies Masters som avgörs nästa vecka.

source: http://lt.se/sport/1.50454

swedes_rule
12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
awwwww that picture is so cute!!!!!
i still cant believe hes actually coming back its so cool!!

Sommarsverige
12-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Thanks so much for posting that article, Peggy :hug:

Pim Pim says mainly in the article that he won´t hurry with his comeback, but it will at least last 2 more months until he comes back to the tour.
He has been working with Alloza Rosselló (the physio) on Mallorca several times and he says he will travel to Australia together with his girlfriend in january. Pim Pim will play some show matches there and of course he will practice hard.
His girl friend is a golf pro (I didn´t know that before) and she will follow him to Australia and play tournaments there.

Awww, I soooooo can´t wait to see Pim Pim back on tour :bounce: :bounce:

swedes_rule
12-06-2008, 11:01 PM
thanks for the article peggy and translation birte!!
that is so exciting :D i hope we get some more news about where he's going to play these show matches in aus in january - i sooooo wanna see him again!!!

swedes_rule
12-12-2008, 11:54 PM
This has just popped up on the Adelaide WTC website - the tournament ROBIN was supposed to play. It now never mentions Robin's existence....

Current Player: Joachim Johansson

More affectionately known as ‘Pim Pim’, Johansson has won three ATP singles titles including Adelaide in 2005 where he defeated fellow WTC player Taylor Dent. Pim Pim holds the record for most aces served in one match as he aced Andre Agassi 51 times in the 4th round of the 2005 Australian Open (though he still lost the match in four sets). Johansson retired from professional tennis on 1 February 2008 due to his persistent shoulder injury. Johansson said there was "no other option" than to quit. But on 3 October 2008 he announced that he will return to the world of tennis and that his shoulder injury had healed. He was given a wild card to compete in the 2008 Stockholm Open. He stamped his return by beating Nicholas Mahut in the first round. He will use the World Tennis Challenge as the platform for his assault on the Australian Open 2009.

Does this mean robin is injured and not coming to australia???????????? :'(
I mean its GREAT that I'm gonna get to see Pim Pim of course but I bought Adelaide tix to see MAGNUS!
and does that last line mean that pim pim wants to play aus open? because that doesnt make any sense - adelaide is on while aus open qualifying is on, how does he expect to get in? wild card? i dont think so! aussies would NEVER give a swede a wild card.

I am SOOOOOO confused!!!!

Kristen
12-14-2008, 02:36 AM
This has just popped up on the Adelaide WTC website - the tournament ROBIN was supposed to play. It now never mentions Robin's existence....

*some other stuff*

I am SOOOOOO confused!!!!
Email Memorial Drive. I assume that's where it is, yeah? I sent them an email this time last year, they were really helpful. If they didn't know what was going on they referred me to some one else whou would have some idea.

davenbevg@bigpond.com and admin@mdtc.asn.au

Nathaliia
12-14-2008, 02:39 AM
Would be great to see him seriously back and able to play a whole season without an injury...

amdany
12-14-2008, 11:21 AM
yes it would be great to see him play again:)

swedes_rule
12-22-2008, 11:57 AM
So i emailed world tennis challenge regarding the swedish team and got this back... I think its realy funny that he calls him pim pim :lol:

Hi Christina

Yes... Thomas was desperate to play but he is injured.... Robin then confirmed but we are not sure why he has pulled out.. management made this call... I am not sure where he is playing... you could check the brisbane international website but I don't believe he is signed there so I am thinking New Zealand maybe...?

Pim Pim (Joachim) was someone we went to originally when we were thinking about this concept and we are thrilled he is playing as he is very keen to make a comeback and as he is a past winner in Adelaide we are thrilled to see him back here... I think Mats Wilander and Pim Pim will make a good team

Sorry for any confusion.... this is the nature of most tennis events..

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alistair MacDonald
CEO | Tennis SA

Kat!
12-30-2008, 02:58 PM
As late as I am, just found out he's playing Adelaide. I thought this would happen! Gah. If they put this exhibition on the weekend (you know, some people have to take time off work!) I would consider going....

It's weird that they're saying he'll play AO, since he can't get in. Does he even have a protected ranking? He really should be in Brisbane opening that new stadium on Friday. ;)

swedes_rule
12-30-2008, 10:29 PM
:lol: kat i agree :)
but at least ill see him in adelaide which is pretty cool!

swedes_rule
01-10-2009, 06:20 AM
i must say i am REALLY excited about seeing pim pim on wednesday!!! i will take LOTS of photos :D

amdany
01-10-2009, 10:07 PM
can't wait for your pics:D

Sommarsverige
01-11-2009, 08:02 PM
Christina, I am also really, really waiting for your pics already :bounce: :bounce:

swedes_rule
01-12-2009, 08:14 AM
hehe, dont worry, you'll see them soon! :) 2 days till adelaide!!!

Kat!
01-13-2009, 11:22 AM
An article about Pim Pim!! (not very interesting, but there's a picture!) :cool:

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6435020,00.gif

Ace king to make a meal of it
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,24896283-5018092,00.html
By ELISA BLACK

January 11, 2009 12:30am

HE holds the record for the most aces served in one match – 51 against Andre Agassi at the 2005 Australian Open – but tennis pro Joachim Johansson is looking forward to a couple of local treats as well as a win while in Adelaide.

Joachim, who arrived yesterday for the World Tennis Challenge at Memorial Drive, hopes to grab a meal at Unley Rd's La Tombola and the Hyatt's Shiki while in town.

But he won't be dining alone. His pro-golfer girlfriend Johanna Westerberg has joined him for the trip. "Australia is always tough to beat at home," Joachim, affectionately known as Pim Pim, said. "But I've been in the Davis Cup team when beating them in Adelaide before," he added with a smile.

Joachim will represent Sweden with tennis great Mats Wilander for the WTC. The tournament will see four countries – Australia, France, Sweden and the US – featuring one current and one past player from each country, battling it out for the title.

With players including Mark Philippoussis, Pat Cash, Gael Monfils, Henri Leconte, Taylor Dent and Jim Courier, Adelaide this week is a veritable tennis lover's paradise.

Former No.1 Courier (pictured) – winner of four Grand Slam singles titles – is hoping to find time to visit our wine region and grab a meal by the beach while here.

"I have very fond memories of playing tennis at the Drive, playing golf, and running and biking along the river," he said. "I've been up into the Hills and down to the beach before, and this visit I hope to get to the wine country."

But it's not all wine and relaxing for the tennis champ. "I would think France will be tough, as Gael is very strong as well as Henri, but the US will be tough as well," he said.

The WTC starts on Wednesday.

Sommarsverige
01-13-2009, 08:08 PM
Thanks so much for the article, Kat :hug:

I soooo can´t wait to see Pim Pim back on court :bounce: :bounce:

SwedSerbia
01-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Has anyone heard anything how he´s training goes? I wanna see him play now!! But i understand that he rebuilding his muscles and rebuilding all of his play in a slow act. I´m really looking forward when i´m gonna see him on an entry list to his first future tournament for the year, 3 "simply" tourney wins in the futures, then it´s time for Challenger.

Jobba på PIM PIM! Du är saknad! :D

Björki
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
He def. Monfils today :)

Kat!
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I got an SMS from Christina earlier tonight and she said it was an awesome match! :lol: I'm eagerly waiting for her report and photos now!!!! (also got someone to record the match for me, since it's on cable and I don't have it!!!!)

amdany
01-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm a Monfils fan but I'm glad for Pim Pim:D

Sommarsverige
01-14-2009, 09:13 PM
This is soooooooooooo wonderful news :bounce: :bounce:

I somehow still can´t believe that he is really back on the tour.... I am just sooooooooooooooooooo happy to have him back :yippee:

swedes_rule
01-14-2009, 10:57 PM
All I can say is WOW. WOW. WOW. I was expecting him to suck, and play bad, and embarass himself. boy was i wrong!!!!! He played FANTASTIC. As good as I have EVER seen him play. he went down a break in the first set, and Monfils served for it. Pim pim didnt care, he just broke back right away to love!! he was down a couple of break points every now and then but just pulled out aces repeatedly - it was BEAUTIFUL!!!! in the tiebreak he went up 5-2, and then he *almost* choked (how very swedish of him) when it got back to 5-5, but he pulled it out in the end. the second set was very close also, it was only at 4 all when monfils made a couple of errors, it gave JJ a chance and he took it - bashed the crap out of the return and hit it for a winner. he looked really happy to be back out there, and repeatedly looked at my swedish flag. (oh and im on tv for anyone that saw it, that idiot with the swedish flag was me! lol)

after he won 7-6 6-4 i waited down near the players area to see if i could talk to him. i gave him a card from kat which he thanked me for and i then i said 'welcome back, we're all just so happy to see you out there again' and i FINALLY got his autograph in my book next to my photo :D
my internet connection that i have while im away is rather crappy so i cant upload all 88 photos that i took until i get home, but heres a few to get started :) enjoy!!!

amdany
01-15-2009, 05:50 PM
thank you soooooooo much for your report and piccies:worship:

EternalxJourney
01-16-2009, 04:59 AM
Wow christina, thanks a lot for the report and the pics. It's wonderful to see Pim Pim in action again; it's been wayyy too long.

swedes_rule
01-16-2009, 01:22 PM
your welcome guys :) ill put more up when i get back home after melbourne

unfortunately he didnt play so great tonight, losing to taylor dent in straight sets. HOWEVER i did get to have a great chat with him :D he thanked me for cheering and the flag and i told him how happy i was he was back and that he should come to melbourne too. got the biggest shock of my life when he responded with "actually i am coming to watch, ill be there from monday". :D :D :D

I then said that my friend from Brisbane, KAT, who sent the card with me, was coming and will be SO happy to see him and he said 'oh good, i can thank her in person' - HOW NICE IS PIM PIM?!!!!!!

so then a whole heap of people were asking for a photo with him and he was wondering why i didnt ask. he said "dont you want a photo with me?" i said i already had one :lol: and he said "dont you want another?" :lol: so i said yes but i didnt want to seem greedy LOL and he came straight over to me and put his arm around for a photo :D (the photo is terrible though, its all blurry!!!)

i then wished his gf good luck in the golf and she seemed kinda shocked that i knew who she was but she was pretty nice about it hehehe

after all of that they had to go but he was pretty happy that he had a fan i think. he said 'see you in melbourne!' and gave me his ADORABLE smile :D

Björki
01-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Pim Pim :D so lovely. and the question with the photo is priceless!!! :)

Kat!
01-16-2009, 01:47 PM
OMG *dies* - I can't believe I didnt' hear my phone ring before! :lol:

How funny is that he asked you for a photo? :lol:

Sommarsverige
01-16-2009, 07:04 PM
Awwww Christina, thanks so much for the report and pics :hug: :hug: :yeah:

And I soooo much loved the chat you had with Pim Pim :inlove: How sweet is this guy??? The comment about the photo is really priceless :lol:

amdany
01-16-2009, 08:40 PM
waw lucky you!!!he's such a sweetheart:hearts:
thanks for sharing!

tutti
01-16-2009, 11:41 PM
thank you so much
when will back pimpim?

swedes_rule
01-17-2009, 05:18 AM
lol Kat, I was worried you would be asleep but i figured i HAD to call you anyway :)
here is the photo, i am so upset its so blurry :( I hope i can find someone that might be able to make it clearer for me!

i have arrived in melbourne now - already cant wait to see him again (and a certain other coach we all know about too :lol:) :D

EternalxJourney
01-17-2009, 05:24 AM
You and Pim Pim look gorgeous! Thanks for sharing, hopefully there's more to come. ;)

foolish pleasure
01-18-2009, 12:50 AM
here is the photo, i am so upset its so blurry :( I hope i can find someone that might be able to make it clearer for me!

man, how jealous am i! :sad:

you must be pretty tall, huh?...you don't look short next to him and he's HUGE ...i look like an oompaloompa next to him

thanks for sharing you pictures and your story:wavey:

Kat!
01-18-2009, 03:21 AM
lol Kat, I was worried you would be asleep but i figured i HAD to call you anyway :)

i have arrived in melbourne now - already cant wait to see him again (and a certain other coach we all know about too :lol:) :D

:lol: I am just watching the DVD now and saw you with your Swedish flag!! (but only in the end! The background noise was so noisy throughout the match you can hardly hear the commentators!)

Chris-swede
01-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Pimpim will miss Daviscup. He has sth. but i do not know what.

Björki
01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
:awww:

swedes_rule
01-19-2009, 08:46 PM
he's in melbourne at the moment watching the aus open... saw him yesterday watching soderling and then later with jarkko. he didnt stay very long at either match though :( i took photos at soderlings match cos he was sitting with magnus :lol: so i will post those up asap.

if i see him today ill ask when he plans to return to atp events.. does anyone want to know anything else incase i see him again?

Sommarsverige
01-19-2009, 09:00 PM
Christina, that is so nice of you to offer to ask Pim Pim things :)

I would also like to know when he plans to come to the ATP tour and if he already knows any tournaments this year he will play for sure?

I am not sure if you told him already, but it would be great if you could tell him again how happy all his fans are to see him back on court :) And we european fans are so waiting to see him play again in Europe some time this year :)

Thanks for your help, Christina :hug: :hug:

swedes_rule
01-20-2009, 02:56 AM
i didnt last very long there today - they predicted 37 degrees but it has just hit 41. i just stayed for magnus and robin training but even they didnt last their whole hour - were only there for about 42 minutes.
so i didnt see pimpim around at all :(
robin is playing baghdatis tomorrow so hopefully pim pim will be at that match and i can chat then :)
i have told him about 4 times how happy everyone is he is back, but i will tell him again for the europeans specifically :) :lol: and which specific tourneys (although id hazzard a guess that he'll be in bastad...)

Sommarsverige
01-20-2009, 06:48 PM
Okay, you got my question already ;)

And thanks that you will mention the european fans especially :hug: :)

Björki
01-20-2009, 07:58 PM
Christana his German ones :lol:

Sommarsverige
01-20-2009, 08:29 PM
Christana his German ones :lol:

Of course even better, Peggy ;) :lol:

swedes_rule
01-21-2009, 10:45 AM
I have some bad news.. I think pimpim may have left. Again I didnt see him at all today, and even at Robins match tonight there was Magnus (of course..), mats wilander and joakim nystrom, but no pimpim :( im really sorry i didnt get to pass on your messages :(

swedes_rule
01-24-2009, 02:39 AM
back from melbourne and as promised, i have photos to share :) i have 4 albums from adelaide...they are mainly of the swedish team and mark philippoussis..

you dont need facebook to view them (i think! let me know if i didn't do it right :lol:)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=71922&l=1e254&id=649836296
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73600&l=b0e69&id=649836296
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73611&l=738ee&id=649836296
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=73620&l=83481&id=649836296

amdany
01-24-2009, 02:53 PM
thank you so much:worship:

Chris-swede
02-06-2009, 10:32 AM
Pimpi will miss Daviscup, he not feels fit enough for potential 5-setterds.

Wonder how sweden will win this tie...only Robin Söderling is not much...okay..he can beat Sela and Levy easily, if hes is playing normal on home soil, but you never know. And swedish No.2 is Björn Rehnqvist at the moment.
Daniel Berta will be nominated, but only for the experience and learning, he definietly can not win a tie there. And then Aspelin or Lindstedt for doubles. But who is the 2nd singles player???

swedes_rule
02-07-2009, 11:48 AM
damn :( i was hoping he would be ready. he really actually played pretty well in adelaide (with the exception of his match against taylor dent which was AWFUL) and made me think he'd be ready soon.

SwedSerbia
02-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Just read that "Pim Pim" will play the Challenger at Besancon in the 23 february! Woho!!

1 Gicquel, Marc FRA 54
2 Beck, Andreas GER 94
3 Gil, Frederico POR 99
4 Phau, Bjorn GER 100
5 Mahut, Nicolas FRA 103
6 Istomin, Denis UZB 104
7 Rochus, Olivier BEL 114
8 Vliegen, Kristof BEL 122
9 Berrer, Michael GER 129
10 Mannarino, Adrian FRA 130
11 Beck, Karol SVK 141
12 Elgin, Michail RUS 143
13 Montcourt, Mathieu FRA 144
14 Kukushkin, Mikhail KAZ 145
15 Bohli, Stephane SUI 152
16 Pless, Kristian DEN 155
17 Johansson, Joachim SWE 155@
18 Ouanna, Josselin FRA 157
19 Snobel, Pavel CZE 159
20 Evans, Brendan USA 160
21 Warburg, Sam USA 161
22 Russell, Michael USA 162@
23 (SE)
24 (SE)
25 (Q)
26 (Q)
27 (Q)
28 (Q)
29 (WC)
30 (WC)
31 (WC)
32 (WC)

Chris-swede
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
we will see

swedes_rule
02-12-2009, 07:45 AM
woohoo!! kom igen pim pim!!

Chris-swede
02-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Tough field!!!

amdany
02-12-2009, 02:48 PM
good luck!!!

Sommarsverige
02-12-2009, 06:08 PM
Great news :yeah:

Good luck, Pim Pim :yeah: :worship:

Etern
02-23-2009, 11:01 AM
He will face Benoit Paire (WC) in the first round. I hope there will be a livestream for this one.

Nathaliia
02-23-2009, 11:06 AM
Not a bad draw for the first match :unsure: There was a stream for this challenger last years, hopefully now as well.

Saumon
02-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Pim Pim practiced with Dimitrov earlier today. :p

amdany
02-23-2009, 06:26 PM

:angel:can I ask for some pics Gab?

Björki
02-23-2009, 06:30 PM

:p :D :lick:

Impossible
02-24-2009, 09:01 PM
French Challenger

R1: Joachim Johansson d. Benoit Paire [#587] 4-6 7-6(5) 7-6(1)

Saved a match point at 3-5 [30-40], Joachim :yeah:

Sommarsverige
02-24-2009, 09:28 PM
Great news :yeah:

Thanks for the info, sofia :hug:

Björki
02-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Close one :eek:

well done Pim Pim. :yeah:

Birte do you have any idea why he is not available for DC? :sad:

Nidhogg
02-24-2009, 09:45 PM
Nice stuff indeed. I liked those sliced bh winners from Pim-Pim.

Close one :eek:

well done Pim Pim. :yeah:

Birte do you have any idea why he is not available for DC? :sad:

He has said he isn't ready to play five-setters yet.

SwedSerbia
02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
Nice too see that he hitting an ace at his second serve again :) Beck next up, tough one! But he´s back anyways!

swedes_rule
02-25-2009, 01:29 AM
yay pim pim :D:D:D

Etern
02-25-2009, 11:05 AM
He won so I'm happy :D

amdany
02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
He won so I'm happy :D

me too:D

Chris-swede
02-27-2009, 08:54 AM
he had to withdraw from the next match...like allways...this time the flu..

swedes_rule
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
oh no :( :sad:

Enjoy Incubus
02-28-2009, 10:23 PM
oh cmon, cant be true :sad:
Please anyone update this thread if you have any news about the injury.

Sommarsverige
02-28-2009, 11:38 PM
To be honest I am delighted it is "only" the flu and not his shoulder again!

I mean the flu will be over after some days, so I am sure he will be able to play soon again :)

Loftra
03-02-2009, 10:47 AM
He withdrew from Bergamo this week. Which tournament was he due to play thereafter?

henwal_of_sweden
03-02-2009, 12:25 PM
Hopefully he will play a singles game in the DC tie vs Israel this weekend. Mats Wilander, our DC captain are going to try and convince Pim Pim to play at least 1 singles match for Sweden. I mean, Pim Pim can blow both Sela and Levy of the court,, Rehnqvist and Berta can´t do that...

Björki
03-04-2009, 07:15 AM
:confused:

”Pim-Pim” fick nobben

Publicerad: 4 mars 2009, 07.03. Senast ändrad: 4 mars 2009, 07.08

”Pim-Pim” erbjöd sig i går att ställa upp i helgens Davis Cup-match mot Israel. Men fick nobben av kapten Mats Wilander. - Det kändes minst sagt lite konstigt, säger Joachim ”Pim-Pim” Johansson till SvD.

Den 26-årige kanonservaren från Södertälje ringde på förmiddagen upp Svenska tennisförbundets sportchef Mikael Stripple och förklarade att han var beredd att konkurrera om en plats i laget.

- Sen hoppade jag in i bilen och började köra mot Malmö. Med tanke på skadeläget i laget kunde jag ju inte drömma om att de skulle säga nej till en spelare, säger ”Pim-Pim”.

Då han hunnit till Värnamo fick ”Pim-Pim” tag på Mats Wilander.

- Han förklarade att det fanns sex spelare på plats som kan spela matchen och att jag inte behövdes. Så då var det bara för mig att vända om efter tre och en halv timmes körning.

Wilander:

- Pim-Pim"_ har inte spelat på en vecka och med bara ett par dagar kvar till matchen kändes det för sent att ta in honom.

Hur tolkar du ”Pim-Pims” samtal?

- Som att han var spelsugen och kände sig spelklar. Men jag tror inte att någon spelare i hans situation klarat att gå in och spela efter bara två dagars träning. I vilket fall som helst hade det varit en för stor risk, säger DC-kaptenen.

För en tid sedan förklarade ”Pim-Pim” att han inte var redo för fem set och därför inte skulle spela matchen mot Israel – vad gör att du plötsligt är spelklar?

- Att jag kände mig i bra form då jag förra veckan spelade en turnering i Frankrike. Sen blev jag sjuk där men jag är frisk igen och har knappast tappat något på de där dagarna. Därför ville jag åka till Malmö för att bidra med något till laget.

Men du lämnade återbud till den här veckans Challengerturnering i Bergamo – hur skulle du då orka Davis Cup?

- Det är väldig skillnad. I Bergamo handlar det om en turnering under en hel vecka medan det i Davis Cup är bara några dagar. Jag hade kanske kunnat spela dubbel och varit ett alternativ till en singel sista dagen om det behövts.

Att Mats Wilander nobbade ”Pim-Pims” erbjudande kan sesa som en tydlig fingervisning om att åtminstone Thomas Johansson är redo för spel, eventuellt även Andreas Vinciguerra.

I annat fall spelar Wilander ett högt spel. Oprövade Björn Rehnquist och Daniel Berta är nu nominerade i singel och om de håller sina platser även efter torsdagens lottning (då laget får ändras på två punkter) får DC-kaptenen svårt att förklara hur han kunde rata ”Pim-Pim”.

- Jag säger inte att jag absolut skulle ta en plats i laget men jag ville i alla fall slåss om en plats.

Förbannad?

”Pim-Pim” dröjer med svaret.

- Förvånad.

Etern
03-04-2009, 09:59 AM
:confused::confused::confused: Varför inte låta Pim-Pim spela?

Loftra
03-04-2009, 10:27 AM
and in English?

Sommarsverige
03-04-2009, 11:51 AM
and in English?

Translation will follow tonight :)

Just a quick one: Pim Pim offered to play in DC, but Mats said he doesn´t have to :(

Etern
03-04-2009, 05:45 PM
It seems like ToJo will play but I still don't understand why Wilander said no to Pim Pim, it's not like we have anyone better than him.

henwal_of_sweden
03-04-2009, 08:11 PM
From what i remember , Pim Pim criticized Wilander pretty hard after the Olympics for his (lack of) coaching. I think Wilander don´t get along well with Pim Pim.

That it is to risky to play pim pim is pure BS from Nyström and Wille. Pim Pim would eat both Berta and Rehnqvist for breakfast. I don´t think Vinci would have a chance against pim pim either. The tie will be played on Taraflex and i reckon pim pim would score something like 25 aces in a match and , well,, Wilander made a big mistake today!

Enjoy Incubus
03-05-2009, 02:17 AM
yesss, that's great news! cant wait to see Pim Pim on court, though I don't think it will be available for Argentina's TV schedule :(

EternalxJourney
03-05-2009, 02:19 AM
Aww so no Pim Pim at DC?

tjohansson
03-05-2009, 04:22 AM
They need both Pim Pim & Tojo if they are to be remotely any serious threat in the DC.

Good specialist doubles players in Aspelin and Lindstedt. Tojo is a solid doubles player himself. Won silver with Aspelin in Beijing.

Harsh on Rehnquist and Berta if both players were to come in. But perhaps if it does down to a dead rubber one of them can get a game.

Etern
03-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Aww so no Pim Pim at DC?

No Pim Pim :( Somehow they find it less risky to use Vinci instead of Pim Pim

EternalxJourney
03-06-2009, 01:13 AM
No Pim Pim :( Somehow they find it less risky to use Vinci instead of Pim Pim

That's such rubbish. I don't know who Vinci is as my knowledge of Swedish tennis is slim to none (except for Pim Pim). I want to see him play again...is that too much to ask? :confused::sad:

Etern
03-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Pim Pims problems with injuries is nothing compared to Vinciguerras, so it's a big risk playing with him

SwedSerbia
03-20-2009, 12:40 AM
Jersey Challenger week 12

Mannarino, Adrian FRA 138
Stadler, Simon GER 142
@ Johansson, Joachim SWE 155
Stoppini, Andrea ITA 197
Bogdanovic, Alex GBR 198
De Chaunac, Sebastien FRA 203
Fischer, Martin AUT 205
Smeets, Robert AUS 216
Bachinger, Matthias GER 220
Widom, Todd USA 232
Yani, Michael USA 237
Galvani, Stefano ITA 243
Ghedin, Riccardo ITA 247
Koning, Michel NED 250
Poch-Gradin, Carlos ESP 261
Bubka, Sergei UKR 269
Niland, Conor IRL 278
# Robert, Stephane FRA 281
Pavlovs, Deniss LAT 287
@ Wolmarans, Fritz RSA 288
Nielsen, Frederik DEN 290
Ward, James GBR 293

gam_jonte
03-21-2009, 06:22 PM
That is great news :D but do you have a link to Jerseys offical page, can't seem to find it??

Toppu
03-22-2009, 01:50 AM
well.. very good news.
really want to see him on tennis court.

SwedSerbia
03-22-2009, 10:20 AM
That is great news :D but do you have a link to Jerseys offical page, can't seem to find it??

http://www.citennis.co.uk/ maybe this one?

Heja Pim Pim!

gam_jonte
03-22-2009, 05:15 PM
Hm, possibly.. But it doesn't look like their official site, but we'll just have to wait and see :) but where did you find that list of players for Jersey? :)

SwedSerbia
03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Hm, possibly.. But it doesn't look like their official site, but we'll just have to wait and see :) but where did you find that list of players for Jersey? :)

At the Challenger forum :)

R1: J. Johansson vs Jan Minar

Etern
03-24-2009, 04:17 PM
He lost :sad:

Enjoy Incubus
03-25-2009, 02:59 AM
:sad:

Chris-swede
04-07-2009, 01:19 PM
What is next for him??? No news?

henwal_of_sweden
04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Pim Pim is in Sweden and doing some serious pre-season practice. He actually played a Winter-Tour competition this weekend in Söderhamn (a winter tour is a moneytournament equal to a weaker future event) He played 3 matches within 24 hours and won all 3 in straight sets.

More info and a pic here;

http://helahalsingland.se/sport/mersport/1.956457

Sommarsverige
04-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the info, it is great news :)

Heja Pim Pim :) I am really looking forward to see him play "real" ATP tournaments again :)

amdany
04-15-2009, 08:16 PM
thanks for the news :D

Toppu
04-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Translation

The favorite, Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson met expectations
and won the Easter Server Söderhamn.

"Pim-Pim" offered Easter candy

Söderhamn / Söderhamns-Courier 6-3, 6-4 victory wrote numbers when
former world no 9 Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson defeated Lidköpings
Oscar Pallin in Påskservens final.
– I took advantage of the important balls, "says Pim-Pim after the final profit.

- I want a lot of matches and it was much closer to go here than to go to Turkey, "says Pim-Pim.

- It was a little sad that it was forfeited in the first match because I came here for the matches.
But the three players I met has been good, "says Pim-Pim.

– I've trained for some time now and building me, it was good to get many matches.

Next for Pim-Pim wait a Challenger tournament in Rhodes for two weeks.

That's my best try .. haha

swedes_rule
04-16-2009, 12:39 PM
excellent :D

tutti
04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
he will come to rome?

SwedSerbia
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Challenger Rhodes

Dudi Sela ISR [1] vs. Alexandros Georgoudas GER [WC]
Joachim Johansson SWE vs. Amer Delic USA
Prakash Amritraj IND vs. Q
Michail Elgin RUS vs. Nicolas Mahut FRA [8]

Kevin Kim USA [3] vs. Q
Chris Guccione AUS vs. Benedikt Dorsch GER
Edouard Roger-Vasselin FRA vs. Somdev Devvarman IND
Grigor Dimitrov BUL [WC] vs. Benjamin Becker GER [7]

Thiago Alves BRA [6] vs. Q
Rik de Voest RSA vs. Karol Beck SVK
Pavel Snobel CZE vs. Grega Zemlja SLO
Brendan Evans USA vs. Michael Berrer GER [4]

Sergiy Stakhovsky UKR [5] vs. Rajeev Ram USA
Henri Kontinen FIN [WC] vs. Simon Stadler GER
Q vs. Theodoros Angelinos GRE [WC]
Alex Bogdanovic GBR vs. Bobby Reynolds USA [2

Good luck Pim Pim!

Enjoy Incubus
04-27-2009, 01:41 AM
Vamos Pim Pim!

SwedSerbia
04-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Pim Pim lost to Delic 6-3 7-6..

Kristen
05-11-2009, 02:31 PM
He's playing in a challenger in Izmir, Turkey this week =)
Todd Widom (USA) vs (PR)Joachim Johansson (SWE)

SwedSerbia
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
And he won 6-3 6-2 :) Conor Niland IRL next up.

Come on Pim Pim!

amdany
05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
godd luck!

SwedSerbia
05-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Pim Pim are through to QF after beating Niland 6-4 2-6 6-3.

Next up Goodall.

Sommarsverige
05-13-2009, 09:38 PM
Great news :bounce: :bounce:

henwal_of_sweden
05-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Pim Pim won today 7-5, 6-3

Nice Pim-Pim! Take the titel!
With Pim-Pim and Vinci back on tour again the Swedish tennis all of a sudden looks pretty ok :-)))))

EDIT; F C U K,, I read on the swedish tele text that pim-pim retired from the tournament directly after the match. He said to his agent that this was easy his best match since his comeback, BUT... he felt an , don´t know the right word,, over-tensioning, that you get from playing to much, in his shoulder and therefore as an precaution gave wo to the semi-final. His next goal is to go to france and try to qualify for the French Open

amdany
05-15-2009, 05:45 PM
take care of that shoulder Pim Pim :hug:; I hope I'll see him next Saturday then :D

Sommarsverige
05-15-2009, 09:11 PM
take care of that shoulder Pim Pim :hug:; I hope I'll see him next Saturday then :D

I hope the same :) He just has to get through the qualifying :worship:

Etern
05-15-2009, 10:35 PM
I do not like the sound of that :(

swedes_rule
05-16-2009, 12:51 AM
eeep... hope its ok!! no more injuries!! lets hope he can qualify for RG :)

Chris-swede
05-17-2009, 09:59 PM
i think he is just looking on his shoulder..but i do not know..how somebody can play as a pro with a shoulder which is not so okay?

Björki
05-18-2009, 01:13 PM
he is out of French Open qualy

amdany
05-18-2009, 05:09 PM
:sad: take care Pim Pim :hug:

Sommarsverige
05-18-2009, 07:03 PM
I was sure he would pull out....
I am a little sad about it, but I am sure this is the best decision for him!

Get well soon, Pim Pim :hug:

swedes_rule
05-19-2009, 12:25 AM
poor pim pim :( :sad:

Etern
05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I hope he will be able to come back in time for Wimbledon

Enjoy Incubus
05-19-2009, 03:50 PM
I hope he will be able to come back in time for Wimbledon
I hope that too. These are really shit news

Kristen
05-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Love it when players use their heads [prevention is better than cure, etc]. Hope he can continue his comeback [speaking of which, LMAO @ the thread about him not trying hard enough, in GM! :haha:]

Etern
05-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Love it when players use their heads [prevention is better than cure, etc]. Hope he can continue his comeback [speaking of which, LMAO @ the thread about him not trying hard enough, in GM! :haha:]

Yeah I had a good laugh at that thread too :p

Chris-swede
05-20-2009, 10:26 AM
he never would have qualified for the frenchies...not in 3 tough matches on clay...so it was ok.

Etern
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Now he work as a caddie for her fiancée, hopefully it's not a new career choice :P

Enjoy Incubus
06-10-2009, 04:32 AM
Any news about PimPim playing Wimbly qualies?

Nidhogg
06-11-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/atp-tour/2009/pim-pim-nobbade-wild-card_sto1971037/story.shtml

He was offered a WC to Hertogenbosch but turned it down, not wanting to risk anything with his shoulder (I guess it feels kinda dodgy then). He aims to take part in two challengers prior to Båstad, so Wimby doesn't seem to be a priority. He's more set on stepping it up come the fall and US Open.

Sommarsverige
06-11-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the information!

I am a little sad that Pim Pim didn´t accept the wild card, but I am sure this is best for his health!!! And so I am looking forward to watch Daniel Berta!!!

Etern
06-14-2009, 02:22 PM
It's sad that he didn't accept the WC but in the same time it's great that he doesn't rush

Nidhogg
06-23-2009, 08:20 PM
http://svt.se/2.21318/1.1604233/pim-pim_satsar_mot_stockholm_open?lid=puff_1604242&lpos=rubrik

The article contains a link to a recent interview with PimPim. I might do a more thorough translation later if noone else feel up for it, but in short it's about his new training regime, new technique on his strokes etc. He's feeling better and better, but is keen not to rush anything. The indoor season seems to be his main priority, where Sthlm Open is the main target where he knows he has his WC. ;)

star
06-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Keeping my fingers crossed!

Sommarsverige
06-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Great to know he is planning to come back for real in autumn :yeah:

amdany
06-24-2009, 02:58 PM
*fingers crossed*

Chris-swede
08-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Pimpim has decided not to play at us open-...will target stockholm...sad times for swedes

asabovesobellow
08-11-2009, 04:04 PM
so pim-pim didn't do massive damage at Izmir, he was just being cautious...good luck pim-pim

Nidhogg
09-26-2009, 11:45 AM
He's playing in Kuala Lumpur next week and has been drawn against Hewitt in the first round. Intriguing.

Dini
09-26-2009, 05:49 PM
Good luck against Hewitt in KL Pim Pim. :bigclap:

Sommarsverige
09-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Heja Pim Pim :yeah:

I am very, very interested about his shape and if he maybe will have a chance against Hewitt...

swedes_rule
09-26-2009, 11:38 PM
omg, good luck pim pim!!!!
how awkward that hes drawn hewitt... at least hes not still with hewitts sister!

Nidhogg
09-27-2009, 10:04 PM
I just checked out his blog for the first time in ages. I dunno how I managed to completely forget about it, as he's one of the most underrated tacticians and analysists out there. A theme for his blog is to talk about sport in general, and he always has a lot of interesting things to say. However, it's in Swedish. ;)

He's feeling the ball well recently, and seems upbeat about his chances against Hewitt. The courts at KL play slow which he doesn't really like, but he had a very good practice session against Yen-Hsun Lu. He's also been in for a short hit on the CC.

Enjoy Incubus
09-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Good luck PimPim!!!

Dini
09-27-2009, 11:42 PM
I just checked out his blog for the first time in ages. I dunno how I managed to completely forget about it, as he's one of the most underrated tacticians and analysists out there. A theme for his blog is to talk about sport in general, and he always has a lot of interesting things to say. However, it's in Swedish. ;)

He's feeling the ball well recently, and seems upbeat about his chances against Hewitt. The courts at KL play slow which he doesn't really like, but he had a very good practice session against Yen-Hsun Lu. He's also been in for a short hit on the CC.

A link to the blog please, Josef. :awww:

Nidhogg
09-28-2009, 04:29 AM
But of course. :D

http://www.pimpimacemanagement.com/pimpim_pim.php

:hug:

Dini
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Tusen tack! :hatoff:

amdany
09-29-2009, 01:50 PM
1st set for Pim Pim :D

swedes_rule
09-29-2009, 01:55 PM
in a tiebreak too! :D kom igen!!!

Dini
09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
It's like he's never been away. :sobbing: Kinda.

Dini
09-29-2009, 02:27 PM
5 BPs saved in that game. :worship: 2 very agressively saved with awesome forehand winners under pressure - serve holding up when it really mattered too! :D

One away from a big upset. :dance: Kom igen nu Pim Pim!

SwedSerbia
09-29-2009, 02:35 PM
7-6 6-3! :worship:

amdany
:woohoo: he won :woohoo:

swedes_rule
he did it!!!!!! 7-6 6-3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nano
09-29-2009, 02:47 PM
:bigclap:Congrats! Well done!! :hug:Pim-Pim

Nidhogg
09-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Wonderful. :D Now rest up for the next clash against Gasquet or Crivoi. There are big chances to gain points here.

He's in the doubles with a local player tomorrow last up on CC.

Enjoy Incubus
09-29-2009, 04:47 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSs!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a comeback Pim-Pim!!!!!!

Sommarsverige
09-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Soooooooooooo great news :bounce: :bounce:

I can´t believe Pim Pim won with such a score against Hewitt, really so happy about it :yippee: :banana:

Good luck for the next round :yeah:

SwedSerbia
10-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Good luck today Pim Pim! :D

SwedSerbia
10-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Pim Pim vs Gasguet 6-4 in the first set! Great playing fro Pim Pim. :worship:

Nidhogg
10-01-2009, 06:02 PM
6/4 6/7(1) 2/6.

Really good effort from Jocke, considering how tired he was after the doubles match. I only caught a couple of points at work, but I got to see some all out-attack action with backhand winners and drive volleys. :lol: It's great to see him play again.

Stockholm is most likely the next stop now.

Dini
10-02-2009, 12:11 PM
He was really fatigued by the 3rd and erroring like crazy - just trying to end the point as quickly as possible. A lot of mindless shots, but it was understandable I guess. He still managed to save 7 break points at the end of the 3rd. :worship: Over the last two matches, Pim Pim has saved BPs while being 0-40 down 3 times and ended up winning those games! Having that serve and composure under pressure is something very good to have - now I think he needs to hit the gym again and keep working on the fitness. It was a good effort and a good two days for him.

Upwards and Onwards Jocke. :dance:

Timotheus
12-17-2009, 10:51 PM
So what's the deal with him now? Will he play a regular 2010 or just a couple of tournaments in total? Thanks in advance :)

Björki
12-18-2009, 11:28 AM
I believe he is waiting for the birth first and than make a decicion later.

Nolby
12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
It looks like Pim Pim has been confirmed as taking Robin Soderling's place (elbow injury) in the Nordic Masters in Oslo this week:

http://www.sr.se/Diverse/AppData/isidor/images/News_images/179/725808_166_117.jpg

http://www.oslotennisopen.no//nyheter/pim-pim-erstatter-robin-i-oslo.phuse

http://www.sr.se/radiosporten/nyheter/artikel.asp?artikel=3315346

Nidhogg
11-14-2010, 04:19 PM
Rumour has it he's quietly gearing up for another comeback, but by now we're getting pretty used to this drill. ;)

I'd be very glad if he really set his mind on it this time if he's up for it.

cristalmeister
12-07-2010, 05:12 PM
Rumour has it he's quietly gearing up for another comeback, but by now we're getting pretty used to this drill. ;)

I'd be very glad if he really set his mind on it this time if he's up for it.

That'd be seriously awesome. Longing for some new info regarding a new comeback!:)

Nidhogg
12-10-2010, 09:21 PM
Well, Filip Prpic set him up to play a couple of league matches in Grenoble in France recently. He lost convincly to Robin Haase, was edged in two tight matches against Benoit Paire and Josselin Ouanna, but he beat Michael Berrer (ranked 55) 6/4, 7/5. :D
He also played some doubles and won one match there.

We'll see what his next move is.

cristalmeister
12-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Well, Filip Prpic set him up to play a couple of league matches in Grenoble in France recently. He lost convincly to Robin Haase, was edged in two tight matches against Benoit Paire and Josselin Ouanna, but he beat Michael Berrer (ranked 55) 6/4, 7/5. :D
He also played some doubles and won one match there.

We'll see what his next move is.

Sounds good! Dont rly think loosing to Haase is a big mistake in this moment. Winning vs Berrer is rly good!
Thanks for info nidhogg, fun to hear!

Edberg1972
12-13-2010, 02:35 PM
He played in France again and won against Arnaud Clement, so probably he aims to be back on the tour soon!

Nidhogg
12-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Yeah, 4/6, 7/6, 7/5 over Clement in singles, and later on he beat him in doubles as well. Quite nice.

SwedSerbia
12-17-2010, 12:19 PM
According to eurosport.se, Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson's comeback in France beginning of a comeback. Next year the Södertälje Son vigorously to get back.
There was no "real" comeback for Joachim "Pim-Pim" Johansson in 2010. When the season was summed up was 28-year-old only played one Davis Cup match and a handful of matches in the French top division, where he won two out of five singles during November and December.

But it will be considerably more in 2011. As eurosport.se experience will "Pim-Pim" shortly publish a new venture.

- I've had some conversations with him. I do not know much about how it has gone in terms of earnings more than that it feels good and he's hungry. He seems to think it's fun to play again, "said Sweden's Davis Cup captain Thomas Enqvist to eurosport.se after surreptitious comeback in France

Jomp1
12-28-2010, 04:11 AM
If he's really determined to make a comeback to 100% then best of luck and hopefully he will stay healthy. He should be able to get wildcards for sure, but I hope he'll do what's necessary to come back full time again i.e. Challenger tournaments and qualifiers too.

Edberg1972
01-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Pim-Pim is back in Bergamo Challenger in two weeks (got WC according to Eurosport)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/pim-pims-comeback-klar_sto2630146/flashnews.shtml

Nidhogg
01-20-2011, 10:35 PM
Great stuff. Time to kick some ass, Pim. http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif

http://www.eurosport.se/tennis/pim-pim-gor-sasongsdebut_sto2630184/story.shtml

Really looking forward to see him play again.

henwal_of_sweden
01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Pim-Pim is actually coached by no other then Magnus Norman! He practice at Normans new academy Good to Great with other players.

SwedSerbia
02-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Pim Pim will meet Andreas Beck in the first round, if he wins then he probably meet Bolelli.

Chris-swede
02-06-2011, 09:03 PM
just stay healhy and nothing else...

Sommarsverige
02-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Good luck, Pim Pim!!!

I really hope he will be back for real this time :worship:

cristalmeister
02-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Starting nice with a solid first servegame!
(stream at bet365 for u who want) :)

cristalmeister
02-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Great 7-5 6-4 win over Andreas Beck :yeah: :bounce:

gam_jonte
02-09-2011, 09:19 PM
Yeah he played solid, although had real trouble serving out both sets. Hopefully he'll recover until tomorrow :)

Nidhogg
02-13-2011, 03:34 PM
He looked very sluggish against Kindlmann, which isn't all too surprising. Still produced some good stuff, and good on him for toughing it out in the breaker where he saved a matchpoint. Let's see where he pops up next.

Chris-swede
03-04-2011, 07:36 PM
what a win today over the high ranked Gabashvili! I am hugely impressed!!!

cristalmeister
03-05-2011, 08:34 PM
what a win today over the high ranked Gabashvili! I am hugely impressed!!!

So am i! Seriously impressive.. Glad to see him this good :D

Sommarsverige
03-05-2011, 09:43 PM
I am so very happy for Pim Pim and can´t believe he won his DC singles after having been away from the tour for such a long time! Really wonderful :yeah: :bounce:

swedes_rule
03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
And to win in straight sets too... VERRRRRY impressive :)

Chris-swede
03-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Pimpim is on entry list for 2 futures in Switzerland, the 2nd half of march!!! :eek::):D

AgnRus
03-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Great news!!! :)

Rocketsfall82
03-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Lost by walkover in the 2nd round in Switzerland F1. Does anyone know what the problem was this time?

Chris-swede
03-17-2011, 08:07 AM
Lost by walkover in the 2nd round in Switzerland F1. Does anyone know what the problem was this time?

i do not know..but i ve lost my hope now....his body is not anymore the body to be a regular tennis player...so it is....:(
thanks for the memories pimpim!

Rocketsfall82
03-17-2011, 11:25 AM
i do not know..but i ve lost my hope now....his body is not anymore the body to be a regular tennis player...so it is....:(
thanks for the memories pimpim!

It's so strange. Every time he "comes back" he claims he is healthy again but then retires from his next match. After his DC match last weekend he said he "could go on for another two hours" and now this.

Chris-swede
03-17-2011, 07:55 PM
pimpim allways retires in 2nd rounds...