The Juan Carlos Ferrero Cheering Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Juan Carlos Ferrero Cheering Thread

Zvonareva
07-17-2002, 11:57 PM
Good luck! :kiss:

Chloe le Bopper
07-22-2002, 04:54 PM
rah rah :p

He *better* win round one so that I can see him Wednesday :)

I hope he plays dubs with Tommy too :D

Layla
07-22-2002, 11:45 PM
GO, JUANQUI!

Have an amazing second part of the year, so you can grab a ticket to Shanghai!

Best of luck! :D

Scotso
07-23-2002, 02:03 PM
Vamos Juanqui! :D

Chloe le Bopper
07-23-2002, 07:34 PM
Did I already brag that I get to see him play live? :confused:

hehe :D

Layla
07-23-2002, 07:57 PM
You are incredibly lucky. I'm so happy for you. :D Please, cheer for me as well. (Not for me, for Juanqui - you know what I mean.) How many matches are you going to see, since you're apparently located in Toronto (or is it just for the duration of the tourny)?

Chloe le Bopper
07-23-2002, 09:11 PM
Layla - I'm close enough to Toront for international purposes.

Just a short drive from there.

I'll be at the tournament Tuesday and Wednesday - if I get any good pics I'll scan them and post them, but my camera sucks.

Last year I got a decent one up close to him since I was like 2 feet away *faints*

I might also go see the end of qualies Sunday and try to find people practicing :p

Leo7
07-26-2002, 04:29 AM
Vamos Mosquito!;) you grew up on hard courts, so kick some ass on them throughout the summer! this can be your first ATP title NOT on CLAY!:)

Layla
07-26-2002, 11:25 AM
I second that!

GO JUANQUI! :bounce:

Leo7
07-30-2002, 05:15 AM
Thomas Enqvist in the 1st round... should be a fun match! Vamos Juan Carlos!;)

Juanqui could play Timmy Henman in the Quarters, and then Lleyton in the Semis. i just hope he gets there!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Layla
07-30-2002, 10:26 AM
Aren't you getting ahead of yourself, Leo? ;)

For the time being, I would just like him to beat Enqvist, that's enough of a tall order for him to handle. You know, one step at a time. :D

But his match doesn't start until 5 p.m. or even later, which means I won't be able to follow the score live as I'll be asleep. :sad: But maybe I won't be able to sleep. ;)

GOOD LUCK, JUANQUI!!!! :bounce:

Leo7
07-30-2002, 03:51 PM
yeah, i think the match starts at 5:00 Toronto time. you should stay up and follow live scores!

btw, what is "good luck" in Spanish?

Layla
07-30-2002, 05:06 PM
Buena suerte (I looked it up, hope it's correct).

Leo7
07-30-2002, 05:29 PM
Buena Suerte Juan Carlos!;)

Leo7
07-31-2002, 01:06 AM
Ferrero d. Enqvist 76 67 75 ! :) :) and he saved a match point!

onto Round 2... :bounce:

Layla
07-31-2002, 01:16 AM
FELICITATIONES JUAN CARLOS!!! :D

Next up, Stefan Koubek from Austria.

Scotso
07-31-2002, 01:38 AM
Great win Juanqui! Hopefully a confidence builder.

:bounce:

TennisHack
07-31-2002, 02:22 AM
ALL RIGHT JUAN CARLOS! How badly did he need this match?!

Rebecca--they showed a bit of Kafel/Mirnyi here in the states, including a changeover where they just showed Yevgeny. Where you there? I saw someone behind him in a blue cap, but she looked really young.

Chloe le Bopper
07-31-2002, 05:40 AM
Tennishack - I was right behind his changeover chair in a blue cap that said "head" on it
I also night have had a towel over my shoulders :p

I looked 16, so maybe it was me :p I was only there for set one though, then i wandered around for a while.

Back to Ferrero - I watched the whole shebang and both her and thomas through so many chances away :o It was hard to watch.

But Ferrero won thank god

I took *looks around embarrassed* 20 :cough: pictures of him *embarassed*

I will scan the better ones in the next few weeks at some point... hehe

Ferrero protested a lot of line calls, and did some little dance thing :p when he finalyl got fed up and wanted to exagerate how in the serve had been :p

He also likes to play hackey sack with the tennis balls ;)

Aw, he's just so cute :hearts:

The crowd loved him, he was the favourite by far. Even if i had wanted to get an autograph, I would have had to push my way through a huge crowd of people - it was so much easier last year when he was less popular :p

He talks to him self when he gets mad too :p

AWWWWW

Scotso
07-31-2002, 06:44 AM
Glad you had fun cutie :)

Leo7
07-31-2002, 04:04 PM
are you going bak for his Round 2 and (hopefully) Round 3 matches?

TennisHack
07-31-2002, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Rebecca
Tennishack - I was right behind his changeover chair in a blue cap that said "head" on it
I also night have had a towel over my shoulders :p

I looked 16, so maybe it was me :p I was only there for set one though, then i wandered around for a while.

They showed the last game of the first set, and the tiebreak. Are you Asian? If so, you might be on my tape, LOL :)

I'm really pissed :fiery: that the only match they showed last night was Pete Sampras's. I would have rather watched Roddick, truth be told--anything but boring old Pete. But, I'm glad Juan Carlos won his match, he needed it. LOL at the dance and running conversations with himself! :) If he and Roddick meet in the third round, they will show it here, live if possible.

Thanks for taking the pictures and I can't wait to see them! Have fun today, cheer him on for us!

Daniel
07-31-2002, 07:13 PM
Vamos Juanca!!!!

Leo7
08-01-2002, 01:13 AM
okay, time to pack up and head for Cincinatti! don't cry anymore Juanqui fans, he still has many more wins ahead of him... and a few Grand Slams!;)

Dissident
08-01-2002, 02:16 AM
Thanks for the report Becca. Im sorry for todays loss. :sad:
Anyway, were you in this match too? a light blue cap backwards and a yellow shirt or something like that?? :p
I dont have that taped, though... Just yesterdays matches and todays earlier ones. :p

Im glad you had fun, sister whale! ;) :kiss:

Chloe le Bopper
08-02-2002, 06:53 AM
sisterwhale? awwwwww :p

I watched his loss against Koubek, and its nothing toworry about.

Ferrero was playing like crap for a bit - he was good untill he felt he got some bad calls inthe game that he got broked in that set, and he was never the same after that.

He was bad, and Koubek wasn't on fire but he was solid enough.

I like Koubek though, I even showed up to clap loudly when he played Pandy today.

Anyonewant to ask me anything about my adventures being at both his matches? :p

Some shallow comments-

First match he wore all white, and made the unfortunate fauw pas of putting on blue underwear underneath :o Nalbandian did the extact same thing, so I'm thinking they must have exchanged fashion tips ;)

Next match he wore all black, and it looked yummier than the all white :lick:

Layla
08-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Lmao @ blue underwear! You were so close you could see the color of his underwear??? :eek: *swoon*

I don't like it when he wears white. Not only does he look sooooo much better in black, he also seems to play much worse in white. :rolleyes:

Were you vocal? Did you call out to him during the match? How did you fight the urge to run onto the court and kiss him? I want to know everything but don't know what to ask. :confused: The shallower the better. :p

Chloe le Bopper
08-02-2002, 06:31 PM
Well for the longest time I was trying to figure out why he had the blue underwear, but had lseam lines underneathe those - so it looked like he was wearing boxer briefs with breifs underneath :p Then I figure out it was likely a jock strap - and yes, I do look this carefully :o

I resisted the urge to run up and mawl him, because I'd have been arrested, and not be able to watch him anymore :o

The people beside me looked at me funnyt for taking so many pictures :p But the guy in front of me, had a sweet camera and took way more than me :p

He played better in white though ;) He lost in black - but he looks just ripe in black :o

Well what else - he did a cute little dance shuffle when he was pissed about his serve, or did I already say that?

The size difference between he and Thomas was laughable - Thomas was at least several inches taller, and at least 50 pounds heavier it looked - Ferrero looked like if they brawled he'd be squashed :o

But awwww he's so cute, he was so cute and smiley with the fans after he won against Thomas, and he waved at the crowd and smiled a whole lot, and took lots of time to sign for people.

When he lost, he just waved and walked off, but he wasn't miserable at all, like some players can be ;)

Leo7
08-03-2002, 03:05 AM
did you take a pic of his "cute little dance shuffle"? that must have been heeeelarious!:p

TennisHack
08-03-2002, 04:16 AM
Well for the longest time I was trying to figure out why he had the blue underwear, but had lseam lines underneathe those - so it looked like he was wearing boxer briefs with breifs underneath :p Then I figure out it was likely a jock strap - and yes, I do look this carefully :o

I'm sorry, but LMAO!! That's great, you spent that much time figuring out what was what :)

Chloe le Bopper
08-03-2002, 04:54 AM
Yes Tennishack, I'm a pig.

TennisHack
08-03-2002, 06:45 AM
Yes Tennishack, I'm a pig.

Why do I get the distinct feeling you don't like me?

Chloe le Bopper
08-03-2002, 07:07 AM
huh :o I like you :o

Chloe le Bopper
08-03-2002, 07:08 AM
I like you :o You talk about Juan Carlos with me ;)

TennisHack
08-03-2002, 10:46 PM
Sorry, Becca. :o I guess I was still a bit pissed about last night's match. In fact, as I sat here and waited for this damn thing to load (server problems), I was thinking about how distraught I was when Juanqui lost RG, and I was wondering if that same feeling would happen tomorrow.

It only seems like destiny that Cañas will win this thing, and that sucks ass.

Layla
08-03-2002, 10:58 PM
It sucks ass x million! :fiery:

Never mind me, I'm just venting my anger and frustration at today's results. I am way beyond pissed off right now.

TennisHack
08-03-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Layla
It sucks ass x million! :fiery:

Never mind me, I'm just venting my anger and frustration at today's results. I am way beyond pissed off right now.

Join the club. GRRRRRRRRRR . . . Cañas is just one of those players that immediately rubbed me the wrong way, and I hate to see him win :mad:

If he does, hopefully he'll follow that time honored tradition and pull out of Cincy!!

Layla
08-03-2002, 11:33 PM
Exactly! I know it's bad to speak ill of others and I will slap myself later, but one word comes to mind when I see Canas - vicious. I have no idea why he rubs me the wrong way, I obviously don't know him, but there it is. BTW, his name (if you lose the s) means a bird of pray in my language. I think it's a buzzard. I find that outrageously symbolic. :p

Ok, now I've said it. I can stop being a bad girl. :angel:

Chloe le Bopper
08-03-2002, 11:35 PM
You know, it appears to be Canas destiny, but often a player has a string of good wins them somehow loses :fiery:

He might do the same :fiery:

But I hope not actually.

TennisHack
08-03-2002, 11:36 PM
one word comes to mind when I see Canas - vicious. I have no idea why he rubs me the wrong way, I obviously don't know him, but there it is. BTW, his name (if you lose the s) means a bird of pray in my language. I think it's a buzzard. I find that outrageously symbolic.

He's just an ugly little man, and he always looks angry. Like a permanent scowl. That's pretty shallow, I admit, but his whole vibe is like that to me. It's hard for me to look at all the "Go Guille!" threads.

This of course means I take tennis waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously. ::repeats:: It's only a board, it's only a board . . . . :D

TennisHack
08-03-2002, 11:38 PM
You know, it appears to be Canas destiny, but often a player has a string of good wins them somehow loses :fiery:

He might do the same :fiery:

But I hope not actually.

Yes, I know, I thought Juanqui was on the same track at RG :sad:

If it turns out to be Cañas/Roddick, I want Andy to take it to him. Jiri Novak as well, but I'm not sure what his chances are. I just don't like that ugly little man.

Chloe le Bopper
08-03-2002, 11:52 PM
:o I think Canas is kind of cute lol.

But meh, I digress lol

Despite all my Andy bashing I will admit that he has quite a nice bum ;)

Leo7
08-04-2002, 01:45 AM
damn, Jiri lost too! what a terrible day for my faves! Tommy, Jiri, Anna... hopefully Lindsay can save me from even more pain!

Dissident
08-04-2002, 04:11 AM
Nooo, anything but Andy.
And I like Canas, so Gooooooo Willy.
(Geesh, I just learned that his nickname is Willy and not Guille. And I used it twice already. :p)

Canas is a fighter. He is the guy to never give up. And he is so energetic. Its so weird for me to see someone not liking him! But oh well, ' vive la difference' or however you write that. :p

Leo7
08-04-2002, 05:57 AM
Roddick will win cuz he's NOT a Top 10 player!:p

oh well, down goes a 4th fave for the day. dear Lindsay...

Layla
08-04-2002, 04:37 PM
Damn, Venus dismantled both Kimmy and Lindsay! :mad: I'm really sorry about your faves, Leo. At least Novak made it into the semis, my favorite is Seb. You had two favorites in the semis, both in Toronto and in San Diego, and that's way more than I usually get. Besides, Lidsay is making a spectacular comeback. You should take comfort in that. And maybe yesterday was a crappy day (actually, there's no maybe involved), but you know what they say; tomorrow is another day. And Cincinatti is about to start... Yoohaaay! :bounce:

hitman - don't tell me you like everybody ;) I think we all have players that irritate us if for no other reason than because they like to make minced meat out of our faves...

tennischick
08-04-2002, 05:50 PM
oh Lord, how many cheering threads does this one Pescado have? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: it's like a virus! it's mutating all over the place!! :eek: :eek:

Leo7
08-04-2002, 08:31 PM
LOL tc!

yeah, Lindsay is playing damn great since she's been off for 9 months. she just got beat yesterday by an unstoppable force!:eek:

Chloe le Bopper
08-04-2002, 10:04 PM
TC :fiery: *kick* *kick*

Every thread should be about Juan Carlos, he's perfect :angel:

Dissident
08-05-2002, 05:08 AM
hitman - don't tell me you like everybody ;) I think we all have players that irritate us if for no other reason than because they like to make minced meat out of our faves...
Yeah, sure. I just cant help but liking Canas for his fighting spirit. He is just incredible! :D
But yes, of course there are players who irritate me... ;)

Chloe le Bopper
08-05-2002, 09:19 PM
HItman adores Roddick - he has posters of him on his wall at home.