Here's what you need to know:
1) No commitments are necessary for the tournaments. Simply post your picks in the thread. You may play more than one event per week (THIS RULE MAY CHANGE, BUT IT STANDS FOR NOW).
2) To play this game, you will post a full predicted draw for the tournament, including all winners in all matches of all rounds.
3) You must post your full prediction before the first ball of the first main draw match is struck.
4) If a player withdraws after you have made your prediction, you MAY ONLY alter your pick if the withdrawing player was seeded. However, if the player who withdrew is not a seed, you may not replace.
Unless a seeded player withdraws, you are not allowed to change picks after the first post.
If you are changing picks due to the withdrawal of a seed, you must post your picks in a new post. No editing posts under any circumstances.
5) As far as qualifiers are concerned, you may post just "Q" in you predictions if you wish to make them before the qualifiers are placed, or you may wait until they are placed to predict, but remember that you must post before the first match begins. If two qualifiers play each other, and you are predicting before they are placed, you must predict based on their placement in the draw. For instance, you may say "Qualifier 1 d. Qualifier 2" which would indicate a prediction that the qualifier who is listed first in the draw would win.
6) If a player receives a bye, you do not get points for predicting them into the second round.
7) Scoring goes as follows:
The points you receive will be based on the round points for the tournament. For each player you predict correctly into the second round, you receive the round points for a first round victory, and so on.
8) PLEASE REMEMBER:
-Post your picks in the form 'A d. B' or 'A over B', and not in the form 'B loses to A', or simply list the winners of each round (preferred format).
-Also, please do not use smilies in your picks, there is really no need for it.
For more info, please feel free to visit the FITD forum in the games section. :)
Karlovic vs. Baghdatis
Montanes vs. Moya
Acasuso vs. Canas
Qualifier vs. Tursunov
Almagro vs. Schwank
Hanescu vs. Ljubicic
Llodra vs. Lopez
Benneteau vs. Stepanek
Ancic vs. Gulbis
Tipsarevic vs. Chardy
Qualifier vs. Calleri
Devilder vs. Mathieu
Seppi vs. Qualifier
Qualifer vs. Clement
Granollers vs. Gicquel
Mahut vs. Simon
Please note: qualifiers will not be placed before start of MD matches.
(pdf here (http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/341/mds.pdf))
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
How to send your predictions
It's easiest for me if you just enter the winner of a match, as in
Player A (last name only)
Player B (last name only)
Player C (last name only)
etc., (see example (http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7335051&postcount=16))
rather than posting Player A d. Player B etc. No blank lines between rounds, please! Your predictions will count either way, but doing it like this helps me a lot. Thanks. :)
Will amalyn win his or her 3d title in a row? Or will RezNik ride The Worm all the way to the championship?
10-04-2008, 05:45 PM
Juan Martin del Potro Award: amalyn, for extending a break-out win streak and doing what Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic have never done and probably never will do by winning 3 titles in 2 weeks :worship: :worship: :worship:
Great Kisser Award: amalyn and daszmarelli, for being the only players to correctly predict either finalist
Adrian Mannarino "Most Promising Newcomer" Award: Daszmarelli, for placing third in his or her FITD debut :yeah:
Tiger Woods "Too Bad This Isn't Golf" Award: Everyone, for participating in what must be one of the lowest scoring FITDs of all time :rocker2:
Thanks for playing! :wavey:
10-04-2008, 06:02 PM
10-05-2008, 02:34 AM
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Thanks for running, Snoo Foo!
10-05-2008, 03:14 AM
lol, I can't belive I finally finished 4th :p
10-05-2008, 12:32 PM
5 is not that bad for one of my worst tournaments ever :lol: