Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere: The Indoor Thread! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere: The Indoor Thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3

jitterbug
09-22-2008, 10:36 AM
I wanted to put the whole Bring It On quote* :armed: but - alas - there's a character limit for thread titles :p so some paraphrasing was in order!

Erno will be in Metz next week, followed by Vienna on October 6th, Madrid on the 13th (either main draw as an alternate or qualies otherwise) and he will most probably end his year in St Petersburg - the place where it all began :rocker2:

* if you have no idea what I'm talking about... :lol:
oIY29HR5QPE

Proxima2
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Cool title Zahirah! :lol: :yeah:

ellen_
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
He's sooo close to me next week :bigcry: I want to see him!

It's a nice title indeed, but it took me a while to realize what it was about :lol:

cath85
09-22-2008, 11:32 AM
lol about the title!
can't wait for next week seriously! I might even go this weekend already to see if he's training. I'm so excited :banana:
still sorry for you though ellen :(

Proxima2
09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
can't wait for next week seriously! I might even go this weekend already to see if he's training. I'm so excited :banana:

Me too! :)
I can't wait for the draw too! fingers crossed :p

ellen_
09-22-2008, 11:50 AM
lol about the title!
still sorry for you though ellen :(

I feel sorry for myself too ;) I'm afraid I have to wait untill RG or Wimbledon to have a chance of seeing him. And that is f***ing long :rolleyes: But then I'll have to pick out a day when he's still in the tournament...everything has to be right. I believe I never gonna see him play :lol: It's actually not funny, but I'll keep my hopes high.
I really need my driving license, I would drive anywhere to see tennis.

erica
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
I read the thread title, and I knew it had to be you who made it Zara :tape: I love Bring It On, it's so silly!

And good luck Erno! He better do good in St Petersburg even without his cheerleaders :sobbing:

jitterbug
09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
I read the thread title, and I knew it had to be you who made it Zara :tape:

I know, it's like I have some sort of disorder :tape:

cath85
09-22-2008, 12:23 PM
I feel sorry for myself too ;) I'm afraid I have to wait untill RG or Wimbledon to have a chance of seeing him. And that is f***ing long :rolleyes: But then I'll have to pick out a day when he's still in the tournament...everything has to be right. I believe I never gonna see him play :lol: It's actually not funny, but I'll keep my hopes high.
I really need my driving license, I would drive anywhere to see tennis.

you know what you gotta do then lol I'm sure you're gonny see him some day :hug:

jitterbug
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
Now, Ellen, where's your infamous sense of optimism ;) he's only 20 - if nothing goes terribly wrong he still has at least 7 more years of playing in him. I'm sure you'd see him at least once in your lifetime!

ellen_
09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
Now, Ellen, where's your infamous sense of optimism ;) he's only 20 - if nothing goes terribly wrong he still has at least 7 more years of playing in him. I'm sure you'd see him at least once in your lifetime!

I can still laugh about it ;) As long as I can do that, I'm still optimistic. I'll make sure I see him at least once! Otherwise I just move to Latvia when he retires :devil:

cath85
09-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I can still laugh about it ;) As long as I can do that, I'm still optimistic. I'll make sure I see him at least once! Otherwise I just move to Latvia when he retires :devil:

I wonder what would be the best option to choose... see him as a professional player once or live in the same country for the rest of your life lol

ellen_
09-22-2008, 01:08 PM
I wonder what would be the best option to choose... see him as a professional player once or live in the same country for the rest of your life lol

We could do our groceries together :lol: Go to the market, have some coffee afterwards... It sounds a tempting option!
But I want to see him play tennis though, because I think he rocks :cool:

estrela
09-22-2008, 02:42 PM
:lol: Nice title. I like Bring it on.

Ellen your pessimistic thoughts are making me believe I'm never going to see him too :( :p He's been to Holland before if I'm not mistaken. I just hope he'll go to Rotterdam next year.

ellen_
09-22-2008, 02:49 PM
:lol: Nice title. I like Bring it on.

Ellen your pessimistic thoughts are making me believe I'm never going to see him too :( :p He's been to Holland before if I'm not mistaken. I just hope he'll go to Rotterdam next year.

Hey, don't call me pessimistic :armed: It's not because we're neighbours that you can call me bad names! :p
You know what, we'll go to RG or Wimbledon together next year ;) 2 stalkers is better than 1! We'll find him :cool:

estrela
09-22-2008, 03:02 PM
Hey, don't call me pessimistic :armed: It's not because we're neighbours that you can call me bad names! :p
You know what, we'll go to RG or Wimbledon together next year ;) 2 stalkers is better than 1! We'll find him :cool:

:lol: Sorry, we're country neighbours :p
That's true. Ernie won't know what hit him :p.
I've already stalked players at ATP Rotterdam alone, because my friend was to chicken to do it with me :p. Ok stalked is a big word :o

rafaelita
09-23-2008, 06:48 AM

Hey, count me in :devil:
Hell, let's raise an army! We'll take shifts :rocker2:

(just kidding about the army, ofc:)

ellen_
09-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Hey, count me in :devil:
Hell, let's raise an army! We'll take shifts :rocker2:

(just kidding about the army, ofc:)

A fan club, and our meeting place would be in the exact middle of the world :lol: where the hell that may be.

ekkikossar
09-23-2008, 09:19 AM
We could do our groceries together :lol: Go to the market, have some coffee afterwards... It sounds a tempting option!
But I want to see him play tennis though, because I think he rocks :cool: :lol: ellen, you make me laugh a lot - i love your posts! do your groceries together... oh my, i cant stop laughing 'coz i can exactly imagine the scene!!:)
anyway, you will see him playing for sure - it's impossible you wont, trust me. he really rocks, indeed!:cool:

ellen_
09-23-2008, 09:39 AM
:lol: ellen, you make me laugh a lot - i love your posts! do your groceries together... oh my, i cant stop laughing 'coz i can exactly imagine the scene!!:)
anyway, you will see him playing for sure - it's impossible you wont, trust me. he really rocks, indeed!:cool:

I'm flattered :hug: I said that because I was imagining that scene aswell. I saw us being old and grey, walking arm in arm to the grocery store like my grandparents do :lol:

ekkikossar
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Im really starting to think of going to Vienna.
Today is my second day without Ernie on sight and I feel sick. :sad:
If only I had unlimited financial funds...

Proxima2
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Im really starting to think of going to Vienna.
Today is my second day without Ernie on sight and I feel sick. :sad:
If only I had unlimited financial funds...

Camilla :sad: :hug:

cath85
09-23-2008, 02:29 PM
I wanted to buy a Latvian flag today, didn't find one in the whole city... I guess those are hard to find lol

ellen_
09-23-2008, 02:45 PM
I wanted to buy a Latvian flag today, didn't find one in the whole city... I guess those are hard to find lol

http://www.skegsware.com/eshop/
You can buy it here, but I'm not sure if you would have it before the tournament in Metz starts ;)

ekkikossar
09-23-2008, 02:50 PM
I wanted to buy a Latvian flag today, didn't find one in the whole city... I guess those are hard to find lolhttp://www.flagline.com/id01A3111:yeah:

jitterbug
09-23-2008, 02:54 PM
My favourite dress is maroon and I can wear it with a white scarf, but I wonder if it'll make me look too desperate :unsure:

ellen_
09-23-2008, 02:58 PM
My favourite dress is maroon and I can wear it with a white scarf, but I wonder if it'll make me look too desperate :unsure:

The impression you would give me then is that you're trying to say "Talk to me Ernie, I love Latvia" :haha: A bit desperate indeed ;) But you can always try!
If it works, I'm going to buy a flag of Latvia, cut a hole in it for my head and wear it as a dress!

jitterbug
09-23-2008, 03:05 PM
Oh, but I do love Latvia and its inhabitants! :angel:

If it works, I'm going to buy a flag of Latvia, cut a hole in it for my head and wear it as a dress!

Using me as your guinea pig :ras: :p

Proxima2
09-23-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.skegsware.com/eshop/
You can buy it here, but I'm not sure if you would have it before the tournament in Metz starts ;)

They have also the flag of my country :eek: :yeah: (Camilla, same for your link :D)
MTF should have this one too ;)
Here's the flag of Corsica (no offense for french people, ok ;)):

cath85
09-23-2008, 03:07 PM
thanks for the links girls! it's okay I don't think I'll order one, but it was so much easier to find a Spanish one haha
do you think carrying a flag makes you look desperate? :rolleyes:

ekkikossar
09-23-2008, 03:25 PM
carrying a flag wont make you look desperate, why it should? I think it's a cool thing!
and, concerning zahirah and ellen, you may want to know that in montecatini there was a latvian girl who was wearing the flag of latvia as a skirt!

jitterbug
09-23-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm clearly not Latvian though - I don't look anything like one! :p but fair point... I'll consider it when packing my suitcase for the AO :tape:

cath85
09-23-2008, 03:34 PM
They have also the flag of my country :eek: :yeah: (Camilla, same for your link :D)
MTF should have this one too ;)
Here's the flag of Corsica (no offense for french people, ok ;)):

I had no idea you have a flag on your own!

Proxima2
09-23-2008, 03:52 PM
I had no idea you have a flag on your own!

;) It's the flag of the "Region Corse"… and the corsican flag is older than the french one (about 5 centuries before the french).

ekkikossar
09-23-2008, 04:17 PM
;) It's the flag of the "Region Corse"… and the corsican flag is older than the french one (about 5 centuries before the french).Since I was in Sardinia and Corsica I keep thinking that Corsica, Sardinia and the Balearic Islands should get together and constitute an indipendent federal State, inspired to the USA. they are three regions of three different countries and they all would like to be indipendent - moreover their are very similar in culture, language and traditions (and even geological orogenesis):p

ellen_
09-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Oh, but I do love Latvia and its inhabitants! :angel:
Using me as your guinea pig :ras: :p

Sorry Z :bowdown: forgive me, I'll never do it again. I was wrong. ;)
I bought myself a Spanish flag, for the WC football, and I was wearing it as a skirt as well after they won. So I have some experience on that part already :cool:

Proxima2
09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Since I've been in Sardinia and Corsica I keep thinking that Corsica, Sardinia and the Balearic Islands should get together and constitute an indipendent federal State, inspired to the USA. they are three regions of three different countries and they all would like to be indipendent - moreover their are very similar in culture, language and traditions (and even geological orogenesis):p

Oops!:o :spit: Stop talking politics ;), even if I agree about culture, language… (It's a little bit :topic: ;))
Let's talk about Ernests and the "Brr! season"! ;)

Camilla! :hug:

ekkikossar
09-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Oops!:o :spit: Stop talking politics ;), even if I agree about culture, language… (It's a little bit :topic: ;))
Let's talk about Ernests and the "Brr! season"! ;)

Camilla! :hug::lol: well, my last post was not a serious one.obviously my hypothesis was kind of science-fiction like, as i was talking about something impossible, and totally surreal. but you are right, lets get back to ernests (always the best matter to discuss;))

ClubFed
09-23-2008, 08:24 PM
I'm clearly not Latvian though - I don't look anything like one! :p but fair point... I'll consider it when packing my suitcase for the AO :tape:

:lol: That was exactly what I thought when I wondered if it would be overboard to paint the Latvian flag on my cheek :lol: Should I have just written "Gulbistard" on it?

We were playing a school yesterday, and their uniform was was a dress that was a maroon stripes and white in the middle. I told the girl I was playing, "God, you look like the Latvian flag!" :lol: ...She kinda gave an awkward laugh :p

cath85
09-26-2008, 09:27 PM
if he trains tomorrow, he won't train at like 10 am would he? I don't really know what time I should leave (and I should go to bed now), but I reckon if I was ernie I'd play later in the afternoon lol

but-it's-ok
09-26-2008, 09:46 PM
if he trains tomorrow, he won't train at like 10 am would he? I don't really know what time I should leave (and I should go to bed now), but I reckon if I was ernie I'd play later in the afternoon lol

Ernests had better train at a time when you can be there:armed: Safe journey, have a lovely time, and enjoy fangirling Ernests:hug: Cheer him really loud for us all:rocker2:

cath85
09-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Ernests had better train at a time when you can be there:armed: Safe journey, have a lovely time, and enjoy fangirling Ernests:hug: Cheer him really loud for us all:rocker2:

I hope I'll see him, I don't know if you can see the players train, I've never been to the tournament in Metz.
thanks, I'll try to enjoy it as much as possible. you'll hear how it went tomorrow night anyway haha

ekkikossar
09-26-2008, 11:36 PM
you'll hear how it went tomorrow night anyway hahaI JUST CAN WAIT... enjoy yourself, cath, and say hello from me to him! :lol:

ellen_
09-27-2008, 06:27 AM
I probably am as nervous as you are Cath :bounce: I really hope you see him today already! Don't forget your cam! And have a safe trip of course :wavey:
I can feel him being close to me :cool: I'm not so cold anymore.

NeverSayDie
09-27-2008, 08:19 AM
:wavey: Good luck Cath! Have a safe trip :hug:

estrela
09-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Have fun Cath :wavey: I hope you can find him and if not I hope he finds you :p
Have a save trip!

ellen_
09-27-2008, 02:05 PM
This might be a better place to discuss this...

Do you know the Bryan's bunch? Why can't we do something like that? Someone has to start with it, right? In stead of shirts we could take a sweater with a cap :lol:

ekkikossar
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I agree, we should organize something like that, and the sweater with a cap is fine!im with you, ellen!! And I also know what the sweater should look like... eh eh

ellen_
09-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Finally some reaction! :worship: I was thinking about a maroon one with some white letters on it ;)

jitterbug
09-27-2008, 03:39 PM
HE'LL PLAY ANCIC :bigcry::bigcry:

METZ MAIN DRAW
(8) Mario ANCIC (CRO) vs Ernests GULBIS (LAT)
Janko TIPSAREVIC (SRB) vs (WC) Jeremy CHARDY (FRA)
Qualifier vs Augustin CALLERI (ARG)
(4) Paul-Henri MATHIEU (FRA) vs Nicolas Devilder (FRA)

ellen_
09-27-2008, 03:46 PM
It's not a bad draw ;) It's a draw where he can learn from. (That's what he would say)
I think it could've been better... :lol: Go Erno! Kick Mario's sexy butt! :banana: Oh, I would like to help you with that :p
Why should he be afraid of Ancic? He can surprise us!

jitterbug
09-27-2008, 03:49 PM
:ras:

They both could've been anywhere else in the draw.. I hate it that my two biggest favourites face each other so early.

Proxima2
09-27-2008, 03:58 PM
It's not a bad draw ;) It's a draw where he can learn from. (That's what he would say)
I think it could've been better... :lol: Go Erno! Kick Mario's sexy butt! :banana: Oh, I would like to help you with that :p
Why should he be afraid of Ancic? He can surprise us!

Totally agree!
:yeah: Ernests you will :rocker2:

estrela
09-27-2008, 04:01 PM
Why Ancic in the first round :( I have a soft spot for Ancic.
Ah well nonetheless I hope Ernie wins it. I know he can, he's got nothing to lose.

ClubFed
09-27-2008, 04:13 PM
Ugh, not Mario! :bigcry:

Good luck, Ernests :)

ekkikossar
09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Oh no, why Ancic so soon? Its not fair at all :lol:
Im in a hurry girls, i have to go to work in half an hour (my first evening at work in a pub, lets see how terrible i can be as a waitress :rolleyes:). wish me good luck, hope cath is really enjoying (or did really enjoy) - cant wait to come back home and read some news from her!

ellen_
09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Good luck :p Don't break too many glasses!
But I think you'll be fine ;)

NeverSayDie
09-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Oh no! what a bad draw :sobbing: Well good luck anyway Ernests :awww:

Nadie
09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Who has made that Metz draw? :armed: :devil:

good luck Ernie :rocker2:

but-it's-ok
09-27-2008, 06:15 PM
:speakles::bigcry:

amdany
09-27-2008, 07:41 PM
nooooooooo, that's not fair:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::crying2:

Alex.
09-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Sarauj. :rocker:

It will be a fun match I'm sure, hopefully there will be some way to watch it. :awww:

cath85
09-27-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm back!!!!!! okay maybe I shouldn't be this enthusiastic, but I think I had a good start today (maybe I'm too optimistic though). anyway I saw ernie for... 3 seconds :lol: he's too fast!! I'll tell you the details in a few minutes, but I have to disappoint you, I got no pics of him :sad:

Who has made that Metz draw? :armed: :devil:

good luck Ernie :rocker2:

it was one of the ballgirls, I can show you a pic of her :lol: I saw how they made the draw, maybe it was my presence that jinxed it :rolleyes:

ClubFed
09-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Cath!!! You're back! :lol: Damn Ernie from getting away from you :awww:

estrela
09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm back!!!!!! okay maybe I shouldn't be this enthusiastic, but I think I had a good start today (maybe I'm too optimistic though). anyway I saw ernie for... 3 seconds :lol: he's too fast!! I'll tell you the details in a few minutes, but I have to disappoint you, I got no pics of him :sad:

it was one of the ballgirls, I can show you a pic of her :lol: I saw how they made the draw, maybe it was my presence that jinxed it :rolleyes:

Yay you saw Ernie :bigclap: 3 sec is better than nothing :p

alicelulutz
09-27-2008, 09:34 PM
anyway I saw ernie for... 3 seconds :lol: he's too fast!! I'll tell you the details in a few minutes, but I have to disappoint you, I got no pics of him :sad:

Hey Cath:wavey: Don't worry about it.It's great that you got to see him :hug:

ETA:I just saw the draw & it sucks.It seems that Metz will lose a major hottie one way or the other:p.Come on Ernie you can win this:rocker2:

ellen_
09-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh that's too bad, Cath. But at least you know he really exists now :p But you're going next week too, right? You'll get to see him then.

Another thing, I just came back from football and a friend of mine was wearing the same lovely sweater as Ernie!! I gave the guy a big hug and tought about Ernie :lol: What a nice feeling :inlove:

alicelulutz
09-27-2008, 09:45 PM
Another thing, I just came back from football and a friend of mine was wearing the same lovely sweater as Ernie!! I gave the guy a big hug and tought about Ernie :lol: What a nice feeling :inlove:

Ellen you crack me up:lol: that was so cute:p

cath85
09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
to give you a bit more details about my day, I wanted to get up at about 8:30 am, but I wasn't able to sleep all night (except at 8 this morning haha) so when my alarm clock went of, I had a huge headache from not sleeping enough :o so I decided I'd sleep a bit more, because I had to drive for almost an hour to get to Metz. I finally got up at 10:30, felt a lot better.
I had some trouble finding it, caused some hornhonking in the city but who cares lol

I got to the arena, met a girl I knew from another forum (I'm so happy I wasn't alone the whole day) and started watching some qualification matches. most of them were quite boring though.
anyway while sitting there, players kept watching from a particular corner, they kept coming and going. but I thought it's only qualifiers, why would any of the other players hang around here right now? then baghdatis appeared for some moments. so I thought I'd better keep an eye on that corner. so I looked in that direction about every 10 seconds :lol:
sometime just at the end of Thierry ASCIONE / Olivier MUTIS or was it Florent SERRA / Andre WIESLER :scratch: I don't even remember, see how boring the matches were?! I suddenly saw karl heinz wetter. first I thought he was alone, but then I noticed someone was with him, I thought it has to be ernie, but I didn't see too well at the beginning, because he was wearing a hat. then I saw the curls under the hat and saw the face and I was like "OMG it's really him", I told my friend to come and take pictures and I just ran lol she followed me, but as we came closer he had already entered the VIP part, so we couldn't follow him. thing is he went in and then turned immediately to the toilets at the left :lol: we thought if he goes in he has to come out at some time. but there was also a backdoor or something. we kept waiting for a little while, then noticed that they were actually letting people to the VIP toilets... if we had had the idea to tell the security guards we needed to pee, they would have let us follow ernie. it would have been weird though to follow him to the toilet :haha:
so that was all I saw of him today. it all happened so fast, I wasn't even able to take a picture of him while he was just before us. and I don't even remember what he was wearing. except for the hat, which now that I think about it looked a lot like that ugly one at the DC but let's pretend that's not true :lol:
I remember thinking that he looked a lot different from the pics. more handsome and somehow more blonde :scratch: (but the lights were weird anyway) right after it, I thought I had dreamed that whole part, especially because my friend said she just followed me, she hadn't seen gulbis and was busy trying to keep track with me while running, so that she didn't really see him. I would have loved to have someone to confirm that it was not a dream though :lol:

I just wrote a huge post, without really saying anything lol I'll go to bed now, I'll try to get up earlier tomorrow, there are only half as many matches than today, so maybe the players will train on the courts when the matches are over

ellen_
09-27-2008, 09:59 PM
Oh no, not a hat again :rolleyes:
Don't mind the huge post ;) I love reading this kind of stories. And if you saw Karl then it would've probably been Ernie too :lol:

I think I would even go crazy when I would see Karl :lol:
Have a good night, and better luck tomorrow!

ClubFed
09-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Great story, cath! Had I been there, I would've lacked the common sense and accidentally followed him to the potty :lol: He just has that kind of drawing power :p

And oh no, not the hat :lol: I guess that's the new item of the Brotherhood :shrug:

And if you saw Karl then it would've probably been Ernie too :lol:
!

Yeah, most likely. Although, I did see Karl once at the Open, and desperately looked for Ernie, but he was nowhere to be found. I guess he walked incredibly fast :lol:

ekkikossar
09-27-2008, 11:51 PM
yeah, great story cath!! Im sure that person with the hat was ernie, if you saw the curls it must have been him!:D and with Karl, then! I think I'll love to see Karl in person, too... indeed in montecatini it felt like karl was missing! ahah
if today you've managed to see him for 3 seconds and almost follow him to the toilet (:lol:!) tomorrow you'll be more lucky, thats for sure! so i cant wait to hear from you again!
have a good day (even better!) tomorrow, too!
and im happy there was this other girl with you, it's good not to be alone:)

jitterbug
09-28-2008, 02:18 AM
Why didn't you follow him to the bathrooms? :speakles:

Just kidding, just kidding... :p

nooooooooo, that's not fair:sobbing::sobbing::sobbing::crying2:

Exactly, they both deserve better first-round matches than this :(

but-it's-ok
09-28-2008, 07:53 AM
Lovely story Cath, thanks:hug: Hopefully Ernests will be a lot closer to you in the days to come, and you will get to talk to him:rocker2: Enjoy yourself Cath,take care:hug:

Ernests,you wore a hat again:speakles:

ellen_
09-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Is there someone who wants to help me with some research for some promo material? I really want to go on with this... But I'm feeling some hesitation, am I right? I would like to know what holds you all :) I want to do this to support our Ernie even better!

If you have msn, come to the msn group of BbyxGulbis ;) (mgroup106048@hotmail.com)

jitterbug
09-28-2008, 10:51 AM
No pressure for Erno, but he's defending 90 points this week (from Mons last year.) He'd need to reach at least the finals in Metz to ensure that he doesn't end up with an overall loss in points, because reaching the semis only gives you 75 and the finals 120.

Ellen, what promotional stuff? :)

ellen_
09-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Do you know the Bryan's bunch? Why can't we do something like that? Someone has to start with it, right? In stead of shirts we could take a sweater with a cap :lol:

I was talking about this again, Z... I was not joking :)

estrela
09-28-2008, 02:27 PM
Cath, your story is lovely :D. Too bad you couldn't get a good look but hopefully next time. I am going to ignore the fact that he probably was wearing that hat again :scared: the horror :p.
:lol: It would have been something if you had followed him to the toilets.

Ellen, what do you have in mind? Shirt with text?

Proxima2
09-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Cath, your story is lovely :D. Too bad you couldn't get a good look but hopefully next time. I am going to ignore the fact that he probably was wearing that hat again :scared: the horror :p.
:lol: It would have been something if you had followed him to the toilets.

:haha: :spit:

ellen_
09-28-2008, 04:09 PM

I was more thinking about a sweater (with cap :p) in Latvian red. With Erno's name in white, at the back. And maybe something in the front too, but I don't know what. I googled for a while, and it's very hard to keep the costs low because you also have the shipping and handling fee when you want to send it to people all over the world. But you still want to have only 1 price...
I could use some help here :p I'm scaring you all now with the work, right? :lol:

Truc
09-28-2008, 04:12 PM
I gave you wrong informations in the Simon forum, Zahirah, sorry, it looks like there is going to be a livestream tomorrow already on bwin. Now it says again there won't be any...
And Ernie is playing tomorrow, 4th match of the day:
http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/341/op.pdf
The whole "hotties section" of the draw playing in a row.

ellen_
09-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Damn, I will probably be at work by the time he plays :( I'll think about him for sure. Can't they just wait till 6.45pm :bigcry:

jitterbug
09-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks Fran for coming all the way here :hearts: (well, there's only a single-digit difference between this forum and Gillou's :p which is why I keep hanging out there...)

cath85
09-28-2008, 08:19 PM
I'm home, saw a few more players today, like simon and ancic which some of you might be interested in :p
and... I saw ernie too... a bit longer than yesterday, let's just say I am incredibly lucky and incredibly stupid!!
I'm gonna get something to eat, then I'll tell you everything

amdany
09-28-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm home, saw a few more players today, like simon and ancic which some of you might be interested in :p
and... I saw ernie too... a bit longer than yesterday, let's just say I am incredibly lucky and incredibly stupid!!
I'm gonna get something to eat, then I'll tell you everything

glad you saw Ernie a bit longer today:banana: and you saw Mario:hearts::bounce:, can't wait for your report but I'm going to bed now so I'll read it tomorrow:)
:wavey:

cath85
09-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I got there a little earlier this morning and at the beginning nothing interesting was happening, we were basically just watching the qualification matches, hoping they would end soon and we'd get to see some other players train.
the first interesting part was when I got back from the toilet (sorry another toilet story :lol: ) and almost bumped into ancic. I came down the stairs and wanted to go to the left to our seats when he came from the right and wanted to walk in the same direction as I. he also sat in the VIP section, a few seats away from us. I didn't want to take a picture, it would have been too awkward, but my friend took one pretending she was taking one of me :lol:
we kept looking at the same corner we'd been looking at yesterday, although I had the feeling there were less players. at around 2pm I looked and saw... K-H wetter! but this time he really was alone. I told my friend and she suggested that at the next break of the match we were watching we'd go to the vip entrance. which we did and as we were waiting there, the 2 hostesses (there were hostesses and not security guards this time) asked us if we wanted to take a picture of a player. we answered yes and they said okay then go in quickly. we were totally surprised, turned out they had no idea whom they were aloud to let in and they got yelled on for letting us in haha
anyway we went in and saw nobody, went to the right to a long corridor, turned around because there was nothing and wanted to go the whole way back. as soon as we turned around I saw someone standing there, reading some kind of board. I only saw him from behind by then, he was wearing a hat and an adidas hoody and in my head I knew it could be anyone. but it was like my heart knew from the beginning who it was, because it started beating so fast. at the risk of sounding cheesy, I knew deep inside it was ernie from the second I saw the hat and the hoody, even so far away and it was dark haha. it was kind of a magical moment. my friend suggested I'd go ask for a picture and there I was alone in a room with ernests gulbis and I said I'll never find the courage to talk to him. but I knew I wasn't gonna have a chance like that every day, so I approached him and said "hello". thinking back on it, it wasn't really polite to interrupt his board reading :lol: but he answered "hello" looking like he was thinking "who the hell is she" and I asked "how are you?", he answered "I'm good" still with that "wtf?" look on his face. I was awefully nervous, more nervous than for my defence last week :p and I'm pretty sure he must have felt that. I couldn't think of anything else to say but "can I take a picture with you?" he accepted and so my friend was taking the picture with her camera. she wanted to say something, but didn't. turned out she should have said it, because she doesn't have a flash on her camera and the picture is all dark :( (and I was holding my camera with flash in my hand!!) anyway ernie put his arm around me and if I remember correctly he asked my friend if she was ready to take the picture. she took 2, but as I said they are completely dark, don't know how much we can save with photoshop.
after that, things went incredibly quick. I thanked ernie (I think) then there was another hostess at our right who threw us out and then somehow ernie had already gone, don't know if he was fleeing from us, but I hadn't even seen him go.
we went out, watched a bit of the qualifications, then went to drink a coffee. we sat drinking it at a part of the players restaurant I think. fognini was sitting 2 tables further and we saw baghdatis passing by.
then we went back to the matches and at some moment another girl I know came sitting with us, and we chatted, looking still occasionally to that corner where players kept coming out. but that meant we also had to look at the hostesses, who soon thought we were looking at them and suddenly one of them almost screamed at us "what is your problem??" we didn't answer, because it was just too weird! it's not our problem if they were yelled on for letting us in haha

later on we went on court 1, to see players training. Gilles Simon trained at some point and I took some pictures. he seems to be a very funny guy, he kept joking with julien mathieu.
when the programme for tomorrow came out, I immediately took a ticket for tomorrow in the VIP section. I'm quite relieved he's gonna play tomorrow and not on tuesday, because on wednesday I will have to be in Strasbourg at 8 am :o
most of the players who were training there tonight were quite unknown. except for lopez and calleri who came out at 8 pm. while we were watching them, baghdatis appeared with his gf and family, he stepped on the center court to check its rapidity lol
so that was about our day, except that when we wanted to leave the doors were closed (we were the last fans left :lol: ) so that we had to leave through the VIP village to get out through the players door. we went passed the musculation room and all and the people we saw down there, said Hi as though we had all rights to be in there :lol:

so that was my day, as I said, we were so lucky those ignorant hoestesses let us in!! but I feel so stupid for not being able to find anything else to ask him, I could have asked him where he was gonna train, that would have been useful lol and then that stupid picture turning out dark :sad: oh well, I'm still more than happy about my day :D

girlscout
09-28-2008, 10:01 PM
he wore the hat again??? :lol:
lovely story cath! have fun tmr and im sure u will get a better pic!!!

cath85
09-28-2008, 10:03 PM
he wore the hat again??? :lol:
lovely story cath! have fun tmr and im sure u will get a better pic!!!

it was actually a simple black cap this time :lol: at least that's what I remember, it all went so fast :eek:

ClubFed
09-28-2008, 11:20 PM
Great story! Cath, you can never have too many toilet stories :p :lol:

Seems he's having a hat phase :shrug: Can't wait for the pics :)

jitterbug
09-29-2008, 01:33 AM
It was nice of the hostesses to let you through (a bit foolish, yes... but nice all the same, seems like they remember what it's like to be a fan.) Hope you'd be able to salvage the photos!

ellen_
09-29-2008, 03:39 AM
Great story, Cath. May the luck be with you again today :)

but-it's-ok
09-29-2008, 07:09 AM
:awww:wonderful story Cath. I hope you can make the photos less dark so that you can cherish them even more;):hug: He's so nice to his fans. Have a great day again today, looking forward to more stories. I'm nervous and excited for you about Ernests' match.

estrela
09-29-2008, 07:12 AM
Nice and funny story Cath :D. Don't worry, I wouldn't know what to say either. :lol: @ the hat, atleast it's not the same one. It's a pity the pics are too dark.

krfreak
09-29-2008, 07:52 AM
Lovely story,Cath...:)wow, u almost bumped into Mario??If i were u, i'd go right on and crash into him,heh:devil::hearts:..j/k..glad to know u got ur pic with ernests(hope u can save it!)i dunno what i'd do if i was in ur place...most probably be paralyzed in awe and disbelief.:p And looks like ernie has formed some sorta bond these hats/caps of his lately, eh? Bad draw for him, but never mind, ya never know what he might pull off..Sarauj Erno!:rocker:
Btw, enjoy watching the match,Cath!:)

Proxima2
09-29-2008, 08:05 AM
Thank you Cath :hug: Nice story :)
Hope you can tell us another nice story this evening ;)

ekkikossar
09-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Thank you Cath :hug: Nice story :)
Hope you can tell us another nice story this evening ;)yeah, i'd love this series of stories about us and ernie could last forever...they're my favourite goodnight-stories (except for the sleeping beauty in the wood, maybe:p)!

rafaelita
09-29-2008, 12:28 PM
so that was my day, as I said, we were so lucky those ignorant hoestesses let us in!! but I feel so stupid for not being able to find anything else to ask him, I could have asked him where he was gonna train, that would have been useful lol and then that stupid picture turning out dark :sad: oh well, I'm still more than happy about my day :D

I was just checking the site for updates and I stumbled upon the job page. Looks like they're hiring (urgently) 30 hostesses. Are they already replacing the two that let Cath get close to Ernests? :devil: That would be even quicker than Ernests :p

Looking forward to reading more (and funnier) stories from you, Cath. :wavey:

*Raine
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
then baghdatis appeared for some moments. so I thought I'd better keep an eye on that corner.

:D Wow, you saw Baghdatis. He's my second favorite player btw ;)... you're so lucky.

Also with Ernie and Mario :worship: :hearts: ( you should have let yourself fall into Mario's arms :lol:).

I hate how Ernie and Mario are going to face each other in the first round. That's so soon :sad:.

jitterbug
09-29-2008, 03:17 PM
It's time.

So much hotness on the same court :hearts:

*Raine
09-29-2008, 03:39 PM
It's time.

So much hotness on the same court :hearts:

Z :wavey:

Where are you watching it?
:hearts: I wish I could watch the two hotties

jitterbug
09-29-2008, 05:15 PM
He wins!

Metz R1: E Gulbis (LAT) def. (8) M Ancic (CRO) 7-6(3) 6-4

Alex.
09-29-2008, 05:17 PM
:woohoo: Great win. He tried his best to choke away the first set, but couldn't manage it. :p

but-it's-ok
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Erno:banana::worship:

Its weird,I often find that the first seed in action in an indoor event tends to lose.
Thanks for keeping that stat going Erno. Just a shame Mario had to be his first opponent this week:awww:

Pepi.
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
ernie :banana:

well done :)

ClubFed
09-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Ernests!! :worship: Nice win!

littlevictories
09-29-2008, 07:36 PM
He wins!

Metz R1: E Gulbis (LAT) def. (8) M Ancic (CRO) 7-6(3) 6-4

:woohoo: my mum text me the result! i didn't think it would be over in two, nice win ernests!

Nadie
09-29-2008, 07:49 PM
well done Ernie :bigclap:

amdany
09-29-2008, 07:59 PM
congrats Ernie:worship:
great story Cath:worship:

girlscout
09-29-2008, 09:23 PM
gooood luck in the next round!!!!
and im waiting for cath's report now! and cath i was trying to msg u on msn but it won't get through. =(

cath85
09-29-2008, 10:24 PM
gooood luck in the next round!!!!
and im waiting for cath's report now! and cath i was trying to msg u on msn but it won't get through. =(

more people told me that, actually.
I'll write a summary of my day soon, ernests really is nice with his fangirls! and I took over 100 pictures :devil:

RGK
09-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Great win. just hope he will keep on it.

cath85
09-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I don't want to go to bed yet, so I'll write my report now.
I got to the arena at 10.15 am, because the day before they told me the doors would open at 10, and so I was hoping to see some people practise. but they only opened at 10.45 and as I got in Ancic was finishing his practise, but he then almost immediately left.
I kinda saw him all the time today, he was watching bits of tipsarevic/chardy too and after his match today he sat in the box right next to us to watch montañes/moya.
we saw ljubicic too, who sat for quite some time among the crowd to follow the matches. baghdatis and his gf sat there quite long too.
my friend could only come later during the day, so I sat with some girls we had met yesterday. turned out one of them was a big Gulbis fan too.
I was feeling a little tired during the day, so I went to drink a coffee, but that only made me nervous as hell. as ernests's match was getting closer, I was almost freaking out. I'm never drinking coffee again lol I was so impatient the whole day, I only wanted the other matches to finish and quite frankly most of them weren't really that great.
I managed to calm down and after tipsarevic/chardy finished, I couldn't believe I was gonna see ernie play now. the 2 minutes in between the 2 matches seemed like forever though lol but then they appeared, ernie and ancic behind him. ernie seemed actually quite small compared to ancic. he looked so serious as he walked in. the girl next to me and I were hoping he would come sit right in front of us, because we were sitting right behind one of their chairs. and he did come to that one.
I think I had the "oh he really is real" moment when they started hitting the ball, I hadn't had time to think about that the 2 times I'd seen him before lol I felt so lucky being able to see him for a bit more than 3 seconds this time :lol: the first impression he gave was actually one of a spoilt child. he asked the ballkids impatiently to give him the balls, asked for new water and he had this look on his face that says "I'm above everything". but maybe it was just his way of being concentrated.
he started very strongly into the match and I was impressed by the speed of his balls! I was amazed after the first points, he played SO much better than anyone else I had seen in those 3 days and I decided to enjoy every second of this match. it was a real pleasure, although he kinda started to lose concentration in the first set and made more UE. that's also around the time when he started to make those double faults. they never came at the best moments and the crowd was like "awwing" in the end when he had made yet another one.
but in general the crowd didn't show too much reactions, that's why I didn't dare to really cheer him on, the atmosphere just wasn't hot enough. he started quite well into the tie-break and at the change at 4/2 I shouted "allez ernest" to him. he made 3 of the 4 following points to take the set.
I also had the impression he looked at me a few times (he kinda had to when he walked to his chair) but then almost shyly turned his eyes away. maybe he remembered me from yesterday and was scared :lol:
except for that small down in the first set he actually appeared superior to ancic the whole time, at least to me. his dropshots didn't work too well though. I remember he missed at least one and lost the point on another one. I think he made 2 fantastic lobs though which made the crowd go "ohhh". and there was one point he finished with a cross passing shot that was just amazing. I'm sure there were other great points I just can't think of now.
he also moaned quite some time, he was unhappy about the umpire not overruling a ball that was clearly out to him and shortly after that some kids were making noise while leaving in the middle of the game. ernie then turned to the umpire saying "say something!" with an angry face (which I thought was just so cute :lol: ) then he accused the umpire of never saying anything. a bit later he thought another ball was out but the umpire didn't say anything and so ernie gave him the angriest look ever. he didn't say anything, but as we say if looks could kill, the umpire would have dropped dead down his chair :lol:
another detail I found so cute was that he everytime thanked the ballkids in French when they gave him the towel. I heard that "merci" a few times.
the girl next to me and I cheered him on a few times in the second set alhtough he didn't really need it, and in the end I think it was logical that he won. he signed the girls at our right a few autographs and the girl next to me called him. when he was done with the autographs he came over and took pictures with us. I took another one with him and when the last girl asked him for a picture, he already had this kind of annoyed look on his face. it wasn't mean, he was still patient, but I think he doesn't like to have pictures taken.
then he left and gave us a nice waving and at that moment one could feel how much the crowd appreciated his match. then I looked at the picture that had just been taken of me and him and... I have my eyes closed on it :haha: it's worse than the first one we took lol but my friend was a bit higher in the crowd and she took one at the same moment from above and I quite like that one, because it has my hair and ernie :lol: and I am having a good hair day :p

that was about my day, I don't think anything interesting happened after the match. the match was everything I was looking forward to anyway haha
I feel extremely lucky, and metz is really an ideal tournament, you can get close to the players and there are never too many fans in the way. I really don't regret going :p

cath85
09-30-2008, 01:42 AM
and here is the link to my pictures: http://picasaweb.google.fr/saule8421/Metz#
enjoy!

ClubFed
09-30-2008, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the wonderful story and the pics, cath! I liked the water bottle picture :lol:

And when are we gonna see your pics with Erno? :aplot: :p

Alex.
09-30-2008, 04:26 AM
Thanks for the pictures and report! Ernie had quite the attitude. :aplot:

ellen_
09-30-2008, 04:41 AM
Thanks Cath, you obviously had a very nice day :) I like the video's too. I'm crazy about tennis in general but gosh, I love it when Erno's the one who's hitting those balls.

krfreak
09-30-2008, 06:51 AM
YAY, Ernests!:banana:
Thanks for the pix, Cath.:hug:

Truc
09-30-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks a lot for all the reports and the pics, Cath!

I was just dropping by to post the article in the local newspaper today (Républicain Lorrain):Gulbis, l'étonnant Letton
Ernests Gulbis a fait sensation en écartant Mario Ancic. « Mais je peux faire encore mieux », confie le Letton, qui s'est révélé lors du dernier Roland-Garros.

Depuis qu'il a atteint les quarts de finale à Roland-Garros au printemps, Ernests Gulbis ne passe plus inaperçu. James Blake, Nicolas Lapentti ou encore Mickaël Llodra sont tombés sous les balles de cet étonnant Letton sur les courts de la porte d'Auteuil. « Paris, c'est un bon souvenir, sourit-il. J'adore Paris, c'est la plus belle ville du monde ! » Il retournera dans la capitale, cet automne, pour disputer le tournoi de Bercy. A condition de franchir sans encombre les qualifications. « Je suis obligé de passer par là, à moins que l'on m'offre une wild-card. » A bon entendeur... Ce droitier puissant, au service détonnant, a encore fait des ravages, hier, sur le Central des Arènes en écartant dès le premier tour le Croate Mario Ancic, la tête de série n°8. Durant deux manches (7-6, 6-4), le Letton a fait étalage de son talent. A vingt ans, Ernests Gulbis dispose d'une belle marge de progression. « Pour moi, c'était important de gagner. Et je suis content parce que j'ai bien joué », estime le grand Letton (1,90 m). « Le début de match a été difficile : je ne suis pas habitué à jouer sur un court central. Mais j'ai été solide sur la ligne de fond de court ainsi qu'au retour de service », glisse-t-il à sa sortie du court. Ernests Gulbis s'est affirmé en 2008. « Mais je peux faire encore mieux, croit le 50e joueur mondial, qui évolue sur le circuit professionnel depuis trois ans. J'ai connu un début de saison délicat : je gagnais peu, j'avais des problèmes à un genou. Et ça a duré jusqu'au mois de mai. En fait, je me suis bien senti à partir de Roland-Garros. » Les pépins de santé derrière lui, le joueur entraîné par Nikola Pilic s'est libéré petit à petit. « Cet été, j'ai été plus régulier », observe-t-il.
Pour faire sa place dans la cour des grands, le garçon, plutôt réfléchi, est conscient qu'il doit apporter de nouvelles preuves de ses capacités. L'Open de Moselle lui en donne l'occasion : au deuxième tour, l'enfant de Riga se mesurera à Janko Tipsarevic, le Serbe qui s'est défait hier de Jérémy Chardy. Une nouvelle proie à son tableau de chasse?
Maxime RODHAIN.It says he doesn't go unnoticed anymore since RG. "Paris is a great memory, he smiles. I love Paris, it's the most beautiful city in the world!" He'll go back there soon to play the Bercy qualies. "I have to, unless they give me a WC." (Don't count on that, Ernie, they're always for Frenchies.)
He means he played well. "The start was tough: I'm not used to play on a Center Court. But I was solid from my baseline and in return".
He has established himself/asserted his talent in 2008. "But I can do better than that. The first part of the season was tricky: I wasn't winning much, my knee was bothering me. And it's been like that until May. Actually, I started feeling well in RG. (...) I've been more consistent during the summer."

jitterbug
09-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Merci Fran!

Truc
09-30-2008, 07:09 AM
It's not very interesting, to say the least - but at least he gets an article!

He also says here (http://lorraine-champagne-ardenne.france3.fr/info/46718180-fr.php)that he practiced a lot in Vienna before coming to Metz and is well prepared, so he's feeling well and playing well. But the video of the day is all about Chardy-Tipsy.

rafaelita
09-30-2008, 09:21 AM
and here is the link to my pictures: http://picasaweb.google.fr/saule8421/Metz#
enjoy!

hi! i've enjoyed the pics but the videos are a really great idea. i love seeing ernests move during the game. maybe on the next match you can get on video the entire serve, with the throwing of the ball.

great job :yeah:

Proxima2
09-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Cath, thank you very much for your detailed report :yeah: and your pics :hearts: (and your videos :D): lovely!

Et merci à Fran pour les infos ;)

cath85
09-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the wonderful story and the pics, cath! I liked the water bottle picture :lol:

And when are we gonna see your pics with Erno? :aplot: :p

I'm still waiting for them myself, I took none of them myself, my friend took one and a girl I met at the tournament took the other one. believe me I'm more impatient to see them than you!

Thanks a lot for all the reports and the pics, Cath!

I was just dropping by to post the article in the local newspaper today (Républicain Lorrain):It says he doesn't go unnoticed anymore since RG. "Paris is a great memory, he smiles. I love Paris, it's the most beautiful city in the world!" He'll go back there soon to play the Bercy qualies. "I have to, unless they give me a WC." (Don't count on that, Ernie, they're always for Frenchies.)
He means he played well. "The start was tough: I'm not used to play on a Center Court. But I was solid from my baseline and in return".
He has established himself/asserted his talent in 2008. "But I can do better than that. The first part of the season was tricky: I wasn't winning much, my knee was bothering me. And it's been like that until May. Actually, I started feeling well in RG. (...) I've been more consistent during the summer."

thanks for the article!!

hi! i've enjoyed the pics but the videos are a really great idea. i love seeing ernests move during the game. maybe on the next match you can get on video the entire serve, with the throwing of the ball.

great job :yeah:

I know, videos are sometimes better than pictures, but I always decided to film when ernie decided to play crap. we're not a very good team yet :p I'll try to film more next time

estrela
09-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks Cath! Really nice story, pictures and video's. Sounds like you had a great time. :D

but-it's-ok
09-30-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for another great story, the pics and videos Cath:hug: I like them all very much:yeah:

Proxima2
09-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Ernests will play on Center court tomorrow (match #4 not before 5:00 PM, local time)

rafaelita
09-30-2008, 02:05 PM
Ernests will play on Center court tomorrow (match #4 not before 5:00 PM, local time)

:mad: That's exactly when I finish my office hours! Why don't they schedule his matches like 2 hours earlier ? :sad:

I have a question for those of you who go to tournaments. I was wondering if any of you knows what a day without a match looks like for Ernests? What would he do on a day like this, besides practice? Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't get the time to read everything on his message board. :help:

NeverSayDie
09-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the report and the pics Cath! :worship: :hug:

Nadie
09-30-2008, 03:32 PM
I have a question for those of you who go to tournaments. I was wondering if any of you knows what a day without a match looks like for Ernests? What would he do on a day like this, besides practice? Sorry if this has been asked before, I didn't get the time to read everything on his message board. :help:

:scratch: watching other Latvians playing and trying to escape from fangirls :p :p :angel:

erica
09-30-2008, 03:53 PM
:scratch: watching other Latvians playing and trying to escape from fangirls :p :p :angel:

Oh sounds familiar :p

:banana: for the victory yesterday, I only saw the result after the first set, and then the final result today. Hopefully I'll get the chance to livescore tomorrow!

Cath, sounds like you had a good time, thank you so much for the report! Hopefully the pic with Ernests turns out good :p

Pepi.
09-30-2008, 05:47 PM
Good luck tomorrow :D

cath85
09-30-2008, 06:19 PM
I know I didn't wanna go to Metz today, but I found out when and where he was gonna practise. So I went anyway. This is the result:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/8838/p1040179qh7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/p1040179qh7.jpg/1/w450.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img519/p1040179qh7.jpg/1/)

when I got up this morning, I thought "no matter what happens, I won't go to Metz today. Even if my friend texts me the practise schedule." An hour later I got a message "Gulbis will train from 2:15-4pm at the club asppt". I packed my bag and left. So much for the good resolutions. It took one message to make them disappear. I got yelled on by my mom though first, for going the 4 th day in a row. thing is I needed to get to Strasbourg today anyway and the way there leads inevitably through Metz. I couldn't have gone through the city without stopping. I only needed a car, which is a lot more expensive than going by train. I managed to convince her by saying that it was just this one time.

so I left again. I took the navigation system, but that got me more confused than anything else and I ended up losing time on driving around the city... I finally arrived around 2:45, half an hour late, totally stressed out. I found an official driver of the tournament and asked him where they were practising. he told me "all the way up there". it was like a quite simple tennis hall, almost half in the forest haha. and outside Ainars was smoking while talking to K-H Wetter. Once again he was a good omen haha I went in and there were only players I didn't know. I was surprised and afraid his practise was already over. I waited for like 5 minutes, then decided to go out and see if K-H and Ainars were still there. The door had this kind of small window, and while I wanted to open it, I saw ernie (wearing his hoody) outside staring at that small window, so he saw me, without any doubt. For a second I didn't know what to do and so I thought it would be awkward to go out and decided to leave the door and walk to the right of it. Which was totally stupid, since he had seen that I actually wanted to go out. And I'm sure he knew I was staying inside, because of him.
A few moments later he came in and looked to the left (seen from his side), so that was where I was standing. Then he looked away but looked again immediately and I knew he was looking at me, so I felt like I had to react. I said "hello" and he moved his lips, I don't know what he was saying though, I guess "hello" too haha I loved this moment so much. He knew I was standing there, because he had seen me walk over there. He probably only wanted to check if the crazy fangirl was really standing there in the corner. But still, I felt so happy, because he had most probably recognized me.
So his practise was only starting then and I had missed nothing (I really can't believe how lucky I have been over the past few days). He practised with mannarino, who he almost didn't talk to. He wore a yellow shirt. The practise was the usual scheme. Some ball hitting, volleys, smashes, serves and then points. At some moment ernie asked for new balls (there was his spoilt side again), they asked mannarino who said he didn't think there were any. Ernie didn't look happy about that.
He hit the ball very solidly, I got a very good feeling from this practise. There were a few miss-its though and Ernie moaned loudly in Latvian I guess, because I didn't understand a word. There was one time when he screamed something and then looked at Ainars and then they both started laughing. That was totally sweet. He also joked a few times with K-H and seemed a really funny guy. Too bad I never knew what they were laughing about :lol:
I didn't take too many pictures, because they all turned out very yellow and blurry (the lights were really bad). I took a few videos though, which are better. I didn't have much battery left (well yeah I wasn't planning on actually going), so I saved the last bit of it for a possible picture with him.
When they finished Ernie sat down with K-H and they talked for a while. Mannarino did the same with his coach. Ernie changed his shirt at that moment and put on the hoodie again, but I didn't take a picture, because I was too slow and had almost no battery haha. When the next players had arrived K-H and Ainars left. I don't know what Ernie was doing, but it took him like forever to get out lol When he had gotten up from his chair, he walked like awfully slowly towards the door.
There was a girl I had met yesterday so we decided she was gonna take a pic of him with me and me one of her with him. When he arrived at the door I asked him if I could take a picture and he said yes. This time I didn't close my eyes and the flash worked! YAY! I love the way he put his hand on those thingies of my bag. I took one of the other girl with her camera and as he was leaving I asked if he knew when he is gonna play tomorrow yet. He said no and I said "good luck anyway". He thanked me while he was already walking out the door. At that moment he seemed impatient again, but he was still very nice to us. K-H and Ainars had been waiting outside (I don't know why they don't go in and out together) and then they went together to the car.

So, once again I have been very lucky, it's unbelievable. And I finally got a good pic with him :p

NeverSayDie
09-30-2008, 06:49 PM
His hair! It's all messy :hearts: :hearts: Lovely pic :yeah:

And a lovely account to go with it :p :bowdown:

ellen_
09-30-2008, 06:49 PM
Again a lucky day for you ;) I noticed his hands on your bag before I read the story and somehow I loved that too but I really don't know why because it's your bag and not mine :lol: You pressed yourself close against him ;) well done girl! :p I would love to know what he's been thinking! "3 pictures in 3 days?" :lol: He must've recognized you, no doubt about that!

cath85
09-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Again a lucky day for you ;) I noticed his hands on your bag before I read the story and somehow I loved that too but I really don't know why because it's your bag and not mine :lol: You pressed yourself close against him ;) well done girl! :p I would love to know what he's been thinking! "3 pictures in 3 days?" :lol: He must've recognized you, no doubt about that!

I noticed that afterwards :lol: but I guess that was because he had his bag on the right shoulder I kinda had to turn like that. it wasn't intentional at all :p

but-it's-ok
09-30-2008, 07:41 PM
:awww:lovely story again, and that pic Cath:awww::hug: Thanks for posting it.

ClubFed
09-30-2008, 10:10 PM
i loved reading your stories, cath :inlove: And your pic with him is really great :awww: You're very lucky :cool:

ETA: the hoodie looks different :lol:

Alex.
09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Wow, what a great story, Cath. :D Thanks for that and the picture. :hug:

*Raine
10-01-2008, 02:48 AM
I noticed that afterwards :lol: but I guess that was because he had his bag on the right shoulder I kinda had to turn like that. it wasn't intentional at all :p

:aplot:

Thanks for the report and the pictures :D. It's fun looking at the pictures and reading your report. :worship:

ellen_
10-01-2008, 07:16 AM
ETA: the hoodie looks different :lol:

Yeah idd, it's not the hoodie :p This one doesn't have a zipper all the way.

krfreak
10-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Lovely pic,Cath..;)

rafaelita
10-01-2008, 08:52 AM
So, once again I have been very lucky, it's unbelievable. And I finally got a good pic with him :p

oh, you lucky girl! may be unbelievable to you, but it's belivable to us. that messy hair and that smile .. :hearts: well that should get me through the long day that awaits me.
i'll be waiting for the pics and the report. have fun !
:wavey:

snjeguljica
10-01-2008, 09:03 AM
cath i'm sooooooo jealous! great pics and stories, enjoyed reading it! :hug:

ellen_
10-01-2008, 09:27 AM
My mom wants me to go with her and my brother to the mall...around 5pm :bigcry: I never thought I was going to say this in my life but I don't want to go shopping! :sobbing: I was so happy that I didn't have to go to work today, so I could follow Erno's match :rolleyes: Mierda...

cath85
10-01-2008, 11:12 AM
My mom wants me to go with her and my brother to the mall...around 5pm :bigcry: I never thought I was going to say this in my life but I don't want to go shopping! :sobbing: I was so happy that I didn't have to go to work today, so I could follow Erno's match :rolleyes: Mierda...

well then don't go :lol:

Proxima2
10-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Cath, thanks for the report and congrats for the pix :yeah:

btw are you going to Metz today? :angel:

cath85
10-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Cath, thanks for the report and congrats for the pix :yeah:

btw are you going to Metz today? :angel:

no, today I can't! Stupid uni! :sad: I hope he wins. I really really do, more than ever haha

Proxima2
10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
no, today I can't! Stupid uni! :sad: I hope he wins. I really really do, more than ever haha

Oh Cath! :hug:
Hope you can get at least livescores…

ellen_
10-01-2008, 11:44 AM
well then don't go :lol:

It looks so easy...
Don't you know that kind of questions of parents where you realize that you can't say no? :p They're using it against you afterwards! She wants me to come with her because we're only gonna shop for my little brother and she thinks I can dress him better then she can :rolleyes: But I have to take care of diner, and afterwards we're going to the mall. I could make a full course diner so it would take ages until we're able to leave :lol: Hopefully the match is over by then ;)

*Raine
10-01-2008, 01:39 PM
:sad:

First Ernie's opponent is Mario... and now it's Janko. It's killing me. :sad:
I love them all equally :sobbing:

estrela
10-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Cath :D That really is a great story. Looking out the window and seeing him :lol:.
Ernie defenitely knows who you are now :p. Cute picture too.

cath85
10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Cath :D That really is a great story. Looking out the window and seeing him :lol:.

I know! and he looking at the window at that same moment! what are the chances??

*Raine
10-01-2008, 03:10 PM
I know! and he looking at the window at that same moment! what are the chances??

Don't forget to invite me at the wedding :angel: :lol:

estrela
10-01-2008, 03:22 PM

:lol: I don't know but I want to have your luck too :p

cath85
10-01-2008, 03:23 PM
Don't forget to invite me at the wedding :angel: :lol:

don't worry :lol:

cath85
10-01-2008, 03:24 PM
:lol: I don't know but I want to have your luck too :p

yeah but I'm telling you at that moment I was wishing he didn't look at the same moment, it was kind of embarrassing :lol:

estrela
10-01-2008, 03:31 PM
yeah but I'm telling you at that moment I was wishing he didn't look at the same moment, it was kind of embarrassing :lol:

:lol: I understand what you mean. I would probably stay standing there like a statue, atleast you moved :p

cath85
10-01-2008, 11:26 PM
I uploaded the rest of my pics: http://picasaweb.google.fr/saule8421/Metz#
as I said, the quality is crap, but there are some videos too, I hope you like them ;)

ClubFed
10-01-2008, 11:38 PM
Cath :smooch: Thanks for the pics! I feel like I haven't seen Ernie in so long, so it's always nice to see yours :yeah: And the videos are :cool:

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I uploaded the rest of my pics: http://picasaweb.google.fr/saule8421/Metz#
as I said, the quality is crap, but there are some videos too, I hope you like them ;)

Thanks for posting them, I was waiting for them. This is great! :worship:

About the match from yesterday, everybody seems to be taking it pretty well.
My opinion is just as Ivars said on Z’s site : the talent is there but still he’s out in the second round. So this means that talent is not enough. I couldn’t agree more.
I don’t know about the coaching problem, but the lack of focus is obvious. Ivars also said something about Ernests having to put tennis first in order to do better in tournaments. That reminded me about the posts referring to ‘wild days’ in Ernests past days (recent or not, doesn’t really matter). I also remembered about Cath mentioning a certain sense of superiority when she met Ernests.
Now I’m not passing judgments nor am I pointing fingers but as disappointed as I am what I can make of this is that these results are some kind of consequence after the good results at the FO. I mean he’s had massive media exposure this year, following some great results, the press was all over him with questions (mostly the same every time), the fans are more and more (mostly girls :D ). He’s a guy, he’s just 20 yo, it’s almost impossible not to let that go to his head. Plus, he said himself in interviews that sometimes he’s not focused at practice so he trains for nothing when he doesn’t concentrate. Maybe there’s something to be learned from these losses (in R1 and R2). I just hope he’s smart enough to see that and make the necessary adjustments.
I remember reading somewhere here a girl’s post, she said something like she hopes he gets like Safin. Well, I hope to God he doesn’t get like Safin. I’ve been crazy about Safin for more than 4 years now and that victory at the 2005 AO was so special, it is a very happy memory for me. BUT, all that talent he’s got is so wasted just because he’s got a temper and he won’t deal with it it's my opinion). Dinara has dealt with it and she’s top 5 now if I’m not mistaken. He could be top 5 but he’s not. The point is the talent is there (big time!) but there’s something missing. With Safin is dealing with his temper, with Ernests I don’t know exactly what it is, but there is definitely something missing.
Maybe if he could distance himself from the media frenzy, no matter how difficult that would be, maybe that would keep him (more) grounded. I’ve seen and I’ve read part of his interviews and I know he’s very well trained when it comes to answering questions (especially after the Q & A session in Metz :p )but media frenzy can eat you up. That is if you don’t have a balance, of course. I hope he does have that.
Well, these are my thoughts after last night’s loss. I feel a little bit sad because he went so well in the match against Ancic. I had my hopes high again. I don’t know if there’s much left to be done this year carrier wise, I hope the next one will be better.
My post is maybe a little too aggressive but pls don’t shoot me :unsure: . Some feedback would be nice thought.

PS BTW, mentioning Safin’s victory at the 2005 AO put a big smile on my face. The win was on Safin’s birthday (January the 27th) and then Nadal did exactly the same at the RG on his bday, June the 3rd. I remember looking at other players bdays to see which one would be the next one to beat Federer in a final.
PS2 Sorry for the length of the post. Dunno how that happened! But if you got here then :hatoff: for being tenacious

Ok, the post came off too harsh, I see that now. Maybe we should be concerned rather than disappointed. But all that ‘maybe newt time’ can easily become a habit and at the end of the year, when you draw that line, you’re left with a bunch of ‘maybe next time’-s. That is not going to bring a smile on your face, is it?
It is so frustrating! As for the comparison between Safin and Ernests, I still think it’s not a good idea. They both looked great in that practice they did together, but I still can’t help thinking that lately I haven’t been able to watch a Safin match all the way through because he always gets mad and inevitably loses the match. They seem to be at the extremes, Safin with too much temper, Ernests - too much zen attitude (sometimes).
Man, I so wish Ernests would have more of Nadal’s drive when it comes to playing tennis!
That being said, I’ve decided I’ll stick to supporting Ernests and go back to that old ‘maybe next tournament’. As the man himself said, ‘what can you do?’
:woohoo:

jitterbug
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM
I get what you mean :) for me: I know he's said in the past that he wants to be the World #1, but is the 'want' translating into 'work ethic'? Obviously we can only speculate as we don't know for sure what kind of training regime he undergoes with Karl, but it seems like he prefers to do well in bigger tournaments.

I don't know whether he subliminally thinks he's above winning smaller tournaments or something, but I think you can't truly make it to the top by ignoring these bread-and-butter events. Ernie and Cilic and del Potro, for example, are pretty even in terms of their Grand Slam performance, but it's the latter two who are in the Top 25 (in fact, del Potro even has a realistic chance of making it to Shanghai this year.)

In the end, though, without knowing further details about his training and state of mind, we can only hope that he's doing what's best for himself in the long run :unsure:

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 11:07 AM

aahh, cath, you should have gone! maybe you were his lucky charm in this tournament!! :sad:

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 11:12 AM
I get what you mean :) for me: I know he's said in the past that he wants to be the World #1, but is the 'want' translating into 'work ethic'? Obviously we can only speculate as we don't know for sure what kind of training regime he undergoes with Karl, but it seems like he prefers to do well in bigger tournaments.

I don't know whether he subliminally thinks he's above winning smaller tournaments or something, but I think you can't truly make it to the top by ignoring these bread-and-butter events. Ernie and Cilic and del Potro, for example, are pretty even in terms of their Grand Slam performance, but it's the latter two who are in the Top 25 (in fact, del Potro even has a realistic chance of making it to Shanghai this year.)

In the end, though, without knowing further details about his training and state of mind, we can only hope that he's doing what's best for himself in the long run :unsure:

Z, thanks a lot :hug:. thanks for understanding. i'm still hoping no one will crucify me for what i said in my post. it's good to be understood :)
we'll see what the future holds for him. hopefully it'll only be better and better.

but-it's-ok
10-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Cath,thanks for the photos and videos:smooch:

Rafaelita:wavey: Thanks for your points of view;) My final take on this for now is that he may be getting to the point of advice overload in general, he may be finding it tough to realise that he cant just be on court,and has to do his bit to promote himself which he does very well in my opinion. If he could only get the balance right on the court as he seems to off the court,it would be frighteningly good. I definitely think he could make use of a sports psychologist;)

He's made much progress this year compared to last year in terms of matches won, and achieving GS and MS quarter-finals. He has said himself that he wants to be ranked high enough to get into all Masters Series, and that if he plays well the ranking points will come. He needs to focus a lot more intensely on court, once he does that he will become more consistent. I think the results will then reflect his great talent and should go closer to fulfiling his potential, and be a top 20 player.

Some players take a lot more time to mature and Ernests is in this category I think;)

I also think he has calmed down somewhat,and lets people see his true personality,his sense of humour. I think his future is very bright as a player and as a personality the game really needs;)

And Zahirah those are great points you make too;)

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Cath,thanks for the photos and videos:smooch:

Rafaelita:wavey: Thanks for your points of view;) My final take on this for now is that he may be getting to the point of advice overload in general, he may be finding it tough to realise that he cant just be on court,and has to do his bit to promote himself which he does very well in my opinion. If he could only get the balance right on the court as he seems to off the court,it would be frighteningly good. I definitely think he could make use of a sports psychologist;)

He's made much progress this year compared to last year in terms of matches won, and achieving GS and MS quarter-finals. He has said himself that he wants to be ranked high enough to get into all Masters Series, and that if he plays well the ranking points will come. He needs to focus a lot more intensely on court, once he does that he will become more consistent. I think the results will then reflect his great talent and should go closer to fulfiling his potential, and be a top 20 player.

Some players take a lot more time to mature and Ernests is in this category I think;)

I also think he has calmed down somewhat,and lets people see his true personality,his sense of humour. I think his future is very bright as a player and as a personality the game really needs;)

And Zahirah those are great points you make too;)

Hi :wavey: .You're so right. Maybe we should reconsider career choices :D
I agree about the self-promotion, but I think that he did such an amazing job with it this year that it won't be that necessary in the future. I have this feeling that he got the world's attention this year. Plus, he's amazing in interviews; he's got great sense of humor, charisma, he's smart and he knows very well how to win over audiences. He's incredibly shrew in that respect. That's exactly why I don't always take his answers too seriously :devil:

' I also think he has calmed down somewhat,and lets people see his true personality,his sense of humour. I think his future is very bright as a player and as a personality the game really needs;)'

My thoughts exactly :rolls:

Proxima2
10-02-2008, 12:25 PM
"reconsider carreer choices": I really think winning more matches in "small tournaments" is the key. I think if he can reach at least the QF in 3 or 4 small tournaments in a row, the confidence will come (also with psychology training, I'm agree). Del Potro had won 4 "small tournaments" while all the great players are at the Olympics…etc., what a smart guy!… and now he is confident and unbeatable. Confidence that's all Ernests needs. He has said himself that he is more motivated for grand slams and masters… it's normal, but he needs to be more scrappy, first on small tournaments. If he can be more motivated for these tournaments, he will soar (proper term?) in masters and GS.

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 12:57 PM
"reconsider carreer choices": I really think winning more matches in "small tournaments" is the key. I think if he can reach at least the QF in 3 or 4 small tournaments in a row, the confidence will come (also with psychology training, I'm agree). Del Potro had won 4 "small tournaments" while all the great players are at the Olympics…etc., what a smart guy!… and now he is confident and unbeatable. Confidence that's all Ernests needs. He has said himself that he is more motivated for grand slams and masters… it's normal, but he needs to be more scrappy, first on small tournaments. If he can be more motivated for these tournaments, he will soar (proper term?) in masters and GS.

Ha ha! The part with the reconsidering was about me or some of us here actually. I was thinking maybe I should study this and become some kind of counselor when it comes to psychology training. It was too funny not to mention, I hope you don't mind it. :hug:
I too believe that it's better to start small and grow in time as you accumulate experience. But hey, it's his life and he should live it the way he wants. As long as he learns from the mistakes he makes it's allright. :)

Proxima2
10-02-2008, 01:32 PM
Ha ha! The part with the reconsidering was about me or some of us here actually. I was thinking maybe I should study this and become some kind of counselor when it comes to psychology training. It was too funny not to mention, I hope you don't mind it. :hug:
I too believe that it's better to start small and grow in time as you accumulate experience. But hey, it's his life and he should live it the way he wants. As long as he learns from the mistakes he makes it's allright. :)

Yeah, I had well-understood, but I had thought that your quote was fitted to Ernests' situation… ;)

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I had well-understood, but I had thought that your quote was fitted to Ernests' situation… ;)

oki, it seems i'm not compiling too quickly at this moment :haha:. i'm working on it :D

jitterbug
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
The annoying thing about him drawing Ancic in the first round is that there's nobody I like left in the Metz draw :silly:

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 01:53 PM
The annoying thing about him drawing Ancic in the first round is that there's nobody I like left in the Metz draw :silly:

the same here. hanescu's out too. when i remember the fact that at some point i really liked tipsarevic's style :fiery:
(that silly smilie is so nutty, i'm loving it :D )

jitterbug
10-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh well, I like Tipsy, in a 'he's a good chap, nice game, interesting personality' kind of way, but I don't actively support him either (if that makes any sense :lol:)

So yeah - Metz has now turned from such a promising tournament into a complete snoozefest for me :zzz:

rafaelita
10-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Oh well, I like Tipsy, in a 'he's a good chap, nice game, interesting personality' kind of way, but I don't actively support him either (if that makes any sense :lol:)

So yeah - Metz has now turned from such a promising tournament into a complete snoozefest for me :zzz:

absolutely. it's such a shame. but, the good thing is that you'll get more sleep this way, being a night creature and all, staying up until late in the night to write reports so we can keep up... here's your chance to get some rest :woohoo:

but-it's-ok
10-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Not quite a total:zzz: for me in Metz,I still have Dima to follow;) And yep Z you can get some well earned rest;)

littlevictories
10-02-2008, 05:04 PM

agreed. i'm not a huge fan of tipsy's playing style but i do quite like him. however without any good tennis to watch i have far more time to watch tv, those new heroes episodes won't watch themselves :p

jitterbug
10-02-2008, 05:13 PM
agreed. i'm not a huge fan of tipsy's playing style but i do quite like him. however without any good tennis to watch i have far more time to watch tv, those new heroes episodes won't watch themselves :p

Sylar :drool:

cath85
10-02-2008, 07:04 PM
aahh, cath, you should have gone! maybe you were his lucky charm in this tournament!! :sad:

that's what I keep telling myself :lol: if I could turn back time I'd go for sure! that way we would see my effect on him :p

I agree. I was talking to ellen on msn the other day and we both think that he lacks motivation. It's like his mom said, he gets bored quickly. it's a shame really. and I think if he had a real passion for the game, he would win more. I guess maybe it's true that he feels above any other tournament than GS. but if he was really above them he should win them easily IMO he should prove that he's above them :p

absolutely true and I am not going back there :lol:

*Raine
10-03-2008, 03:42 AM

For me in the singles draw Moya,Mathieu, Dima and Janko are still there :). And for the doubles draw, my favorite doubles team - Clement and Llodra are also still there.

If only I can watch a livestream or a tv coverage of the tournament. :sad:

don't worry :lol:

Aww.. then I'll steal him from you before the wedding ends :D.

As for Ernie, I can only hope for all the best in his upcoming matches. :bigclap:

I miss watching him play. :sad:

Snoo Foo
10-03-2008, 03:45 AM
Sorry to butt in but this thread title cracks me up every time I see it, thanks to you I have that cheer in my head 24/7. :lol:

jitterbug
10-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Sorry to butt in but this thread title cracks me up every time I see it, thanks to you I have that cheer in my head 24/7. :lol:

:haha:

rafaelita
10-03-2008, 06:39 AM
that's what I keep telling myself :lol: if I could turn back time I'd go for sure! that way we would see my effect on him :p

aha! i knew you were the naughty kind !! :devil:
must be the curls! ernests seems like that too :p

Proxima2
10-03-2008, 08:15 AM
If only I can watch a livestream or a tv coverage of the tournament. :sad:

:wavey: Livestream start today…

Try here:
http://www.justin.tv/directory?category=sports

or here:
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=tennis

cath85
10-03-2008, 11:24 AM
aha! i knew you were the naughty kind !! :devil:
must be the curls! ernests seems like that too :p

:devil::devil:

Try here:

or here:
http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=tennis

they start too late :lol:

Proxima2
10-03-2008, 11:29 AM

yeah, too late… :sobbing:

*Raine
10-03-2008, 12:04 PM

Try here:

or here:

Thank you so much :D

:devil::devil:

:lol:

jitterbug
10-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Ernie will play Volandri in the first round of Vienna :armed: if he wins he will get either Bolelli or Gonzo. Sarauj!

ellen_
10-04-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't know what I should think of this draw. Normally he's not going to have problems with Volandri but I'm curious what's going to happen after that. I don't know if Erno is someone who loses confidence after a 'bad' period but I'm afraid it would've been better to play some smaller tournaments at the moment. Just to find himself back.

ekkikossar
10-04-2008, 11:11 AM
He can make it through the first round for sure (unless he has some nerve-break-down). I mean, he got a lot of confidance against italian players during the DC. Everyone saw he can play so much better than them, when he's in a good mood.
Moreover Vienna is kinda his second home, so Im optimistic (I must be, as Im going to Vienna in 2 days!)

cath85
10-04-2008, 11:14 AM
He can make it through the first round for sure (unless he has some nerve-break-down). I mean, he got a lot of confidance against italian players during the DC. Everyone saw he can play so much better than them, when he's in a good mood.
Moreover Vienna is kinda his second home, so Im optimistic (I must be, as Im going to Vienna in 2 days!)

I'm having my fingers crossed for you! good luck for ernie too... I'm prepared for anything now :rolleyes:

Proxima2
10-04-2008, 11:30 AM

:yippee: Camilla!
This time, 1000 photos!:D (I'm not kidding you…;) :hug:)

Hope he will be in a good mood :)

ekkikossar
10-04-2008, 01:15 PM
:yippee: Camilla!
This time, 1000 photos!:D
No, Im sorry, but I dont think Im going to take 1000 photos. nor 500. I think taking pics in indoor tournaments is much more difficult, because they get all blurry (too less light)...:o and my cam is not that good. I think I'd need to use flash, but I dont dare to... it can be very annoying for players, and the last thing I want is Ernests to be upset:angel:
He got to win because he is supposed to win. Almost every loss is something unnatural, given his talent. He got to win. full stop.

:)

Proxima2
10-04-2008, 01:38 PM
No, Im sorry, but I dont think Im going to take 1000 photos. nor 500. I think taking pics in indoor tournaments is much more difficult, because they get all blurry (too less light)...:o and my cam is not that good. I think I'd need to use flash, but I dont dare to... it can be very annoying for players, and the last thing I want is Ernests to be upset:angel:
He got to win because he is supposed to win. Almost every loss is something unnatural, given his talent. He got to win. full stop.

:)

Yeah, I agree for the photos… :sad: Neither do I, I don't want the 'upset Ernests'…
At least, you will enjoy the matches :p
Hope he will be lucid and tenacious :)
Good luck Ernests! :cool:

jitterbug
10-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I don't think you're allowed to use the flash during play anyway.

cath85
10-04-2008, 01:47 PM
I don't think you're allowed to use the flash during play anyway.

exactly. in Metz after the first person used the flash, the chair umpire immediately said to switch it off. it's very annoying, even for other spectators

jitterbug
10-04-2008, 01:56 PM
So no dilemma for you Camilla ;)

ellen_
10-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Why shouldn't you take pictures without the flash? :p You can only try, right? I wouldn't mind if they're a bit blurry... Maybe the lights are extremely good there, you never know ;) So, don't leave the cam at home Camilla! :p

ekkikossar
10-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't think you're allowed to use the flash during play anyway.That's right! This rule perfectly fits my intentions! thing is my cam has automatic flash when there's too less light to take good photos. So I should learn how to switch it off or just not take a photo!
Anyway, I'll see what i can do, once im there, ok?:)

cath85
10-04-2008, 11:17 PM
That's right! This rule perfectly fits my intentions! thing is my cam has automatic flash when there's too less light to take good photos. So I should learn how to switch it off or just not take a photo!
Anyway, I'll see what i can do, once im there, ok?:)

yeah I think most cameras have that. when I changed the mode the flash was automatically switched on again, I was always afraid it would accidentally go of :rolleyes:

cath85
10-05-2008, 10:57 AM
I got sent the second picture I took with ernie, I have to show it to you guys. I look more than retarded of course, but he's gorgeous. and he's the one who just played a match :lol:

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/7803/copiedephoto090ta7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

jitterbug
10-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Love your hair.. It's so bouncy and volume-y.

cath85
10-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Love your hair.. It's so bouncy and volume-y.

thanks! although I thought it didn't look that good on the picture. it's kind of a mess :p

ellen_
10-05-2008, 11:23 AM
I like curls on other people but I don't want it on my head :p I straighten it almost every day, so I'm having a bad day when it rains :lol: Then it's getting curly again. Anyway, it's a shame that you have your eyes closed. It would've been a very nice picture! But I would've had the intention to lay my head on his shoulder ;)
And I love those sweaty Erno-pictures :lick:

cath85
10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I like curls on other people but I don't want it on my head :p I straighten it almost every day, so I'm having a bad day when it rains :lol: Then it's getting curly again. Anyway, it's a shame that you have your eyes closed. It would've been a very nice picture! But I would've had the intention to lay my head on his shoulder ;)
And I love those sweaty Erno-pictures :lick:

curly hair can be tricky. I don't always like it on me either :lol:
I know you guys love them, that's why I posted it :devil:

amdany
10-05-2008, 12:56 PM
thanks for sharing Cath:)

ClubFed
10-05-2008, 01:34 PM
cath :hearts: Thanks for the pretty pic. Ernie :drool:

Proxima2
10-05-2008, 02:04 PM
OOP for tomorrow is out: no Ernests…

Thanks Cath for the pic! ;)

Nadie
10-05-2008, 07:18 PM
:sobbing: he should have come to Moscow instead of Vienna :sad:

Cath, this pic is lovely :hearts: thanks for sharing :)

krfreak
10-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the pic, Cath:)..btw, that girl behind ya looks jealous,lol..:lol:

cath85
10-06-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the pic, Cath:)..btw, that girl behind ya looks jealous,lol..:lol:

:lol: I think she got her picture taken right after that. he didn't understand what she wanted at first :lol: French people are so complicated, they don't like to speak English, I still don't know how they managed to ask him. the ones that were with me asked me to ask him for them too lol

estrela
10-06-2008, 01:25 PM
That's a great picture Cath! If it was taken like one sec later it would have been perfect :p . Ernie is :hearts:

cath85
10-06-2008, 03:30 PM
the order of play for tomorrow is out: http://www.bankaustria-tennistrophy.at/de/spielplan_07102008.html
he'll play the third match on the smaller court. play resumes at 1 pm. is there any chance for a livestream? if not, I know Vienna always has this live-ticker thingie with comments about the match in German. if I'm able to follow the match I can translate that for you ;) (I don't think they make the comments in English)

Proxima2
10-06-2008, 05:18 PM
the order of play for tomorrow is out: http://www.bankaustria-tennistrophy.at/de/spielplan_07102008.html
he'll play the third match on the smaller court. play resumes at 1 pm. is there any chance for a livestream? if not, I know Vienna always has this live-ticker thingie with comments about the match in German. if I'm able to follow the match I can translate that for you ;) (I don't think they make the comments in English)

Thank you Cath! :hug:
Fingers crossed for tomorrow…:)

ellen_
10-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Why can't he play first :rolleyes: Now I'll probably miss his match again because I have to go to work at 15.15pm untill 18.30pm
The livestream at the Dutch Eurosport starts on friday...

cath85
10-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Why can't he play first :rolleyes: Now I'll probably miss his match again because I have to go to work at 15.15pm untill 18.30pm
The livestream at the Dutch Eurosport starts on friday...

yeah all the eurosports start showing the matches only on Friday...
I decided to get up early tomorrow to get the train for strasbourg in the morning so that I can follow the match :p

ellen_
10-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Check ORF Sport+ [Free-to-air channel on Astra 1 position mostly identified as TW 1] and Eurosport
For more information visit http://bmilan.elpo.sk :rolls:

From the BA-CA Tennis Trophy forum.

krfreak
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
:lol: I think she got her picture taken right after that. he didn't understand what she wanted at first :lol: French people are so complicated, they don't like to speak English, I still don't know how they managed to ask him. the ones that were with me asked me to ask him for them too lol

:lol:

Sarauj Ernests!:banana: Do ur best! (or else):devil:

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Forza Ernests! :rocker2:

but-it's-ok
10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Good luck Ernests:rocker2:

cath85
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
good luck. I'm having my fingers crossed...

Jyocka
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
C'mon everyone, you know he can do...but we also know he might not :D

No livestreams, right?

oranges
10-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Started with a break right away :yeah:

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 02:12 PM
C'mon everyone, you know he can do...but we also know he might not :D

No livestreams, right?

No livestream…
only this ugly scoreboard :(

cath85
10-07-2008, 02:13 PM
Started with a break right away :yeah:

really? nothing has moved on my scoreboard.

I have another question: how sure is it that he'll play the qualifications in Paris? I mean he said it in an interview, but I see no official list nowhere. yeah you guessed right... I'm trying to go a few days earlier :p

oranges
10-07-2008, 02:19 PM
There's a stream for center court, but not the one Erno is currently on

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 02:24 PM
What? First serve %: 43% :eek:

oranges
10-07-2008, 03:05 PM
That was nice and quick :D 6:2 6:3 in 57 minutes.

RGK
10-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Great.

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Look at this (from Madrid Entry List thread):
Carlos Moyá gets the 1st WC for the Main Draw

Poll Results:

Moyá - 73,39%
Gulbis - 8,74%
Baghdatis - 8,07%
Ljubicic - 7,11%
Dancevic - 2,69%

I hope he will get the next WC, because he's not on the qualy list :scared:
Or at least 2 withdrawals from MD, please :angel:

*Raine
10-07-2008, 03:43 PM
:banana: :banana: He made my day by winning :banana: :banana:

*sings " Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere" *

:lol: :D

estrela
10-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Good job Ernie! :rocker2:
I guess I could have followed livescore, but I lost track of time.

estrela
10-07-2008, 04:00 PM
Look at this (from Madrid Entry List thread):

I hope he will get the next WC, because he's not on the qualy list :scared:
Or at least 2 withdrawals from MD, please :angel:

There is still hope I guess

cath85
10-07-2008, 04:19 PM
well robredo retired from Vienna due to a hip problem. he might be out of Madrid as well :p

estrela
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
This might (will :p) sound mean, but I hope so.. for Ernie's sake :angel:

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 04:23 PM
There is still hope I guess

Of course, there is still hope! ;)
And it's not because I'm an optimistic person ;)

well robredo retired from Vienna due to a hip problem. he might be out of Madrid as well :p
:devil: :tape: :angel:

Forza Ernests for your (OUR) next match!:yippee:

edit: next match vs Gonzalez

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 05:13 PM
OOP for tomorrow:
Ernests Gulbis vs Fernando Gonzalez
2nd match on Center court (not before 3:PM)

ellen_
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
:banana: for Erno! A clean and quick win, I see. Well done boy! Is he playing tomorrow or thursday? I'll miss it anyway :bigcry: AGAIN... work tomorrow and school on thursday :sobbing: And apparently he doesn't need me to win, thats even worse :p

Edit: thanks for the oop ;) I could've been home already if it would be the 3th match, I quit at 4.30pm :rolleyes:

Jyocka
10-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Center court?! Best news I've heard all day...its coming on my tv!!!

cath85
10-07-2008, 05:25 PM
OOP for tomorrow:
Ernests Gulbis vs Fernando Gonzalez
2nd match on Center court (not before 3:PM)

I'm at uni until 4 shoot... I hope the match before takes very long!

jyocka, on what channel do they show it?

oh btw 1000th post :banana:

Proxima2
10-07-2008, 05:31 PM

yeah Cath!:)

Tess Gray
10-07-2008, 06:11 PM

I have to be at school from 7AM to 6PM so there's no way I can watch this one :awww:

1000th post :hug:

Pepi.
10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
ernie :banana:

good luck tomorrow :)

Puschkin
10-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Hi, just dropping by to tell you that I was at the Vienna tourney today, I saw five matches at least partially, but the player who convinced me most was Ernests: solid powerful play, though Volandri did not offer too much resistance.

:topic: having seen your man in person, I highly doubt his 1,90. He looked much smaller to me, and I was close, as his match was on court B.

jitterbug
10-07-2008, 08:59 PM
Define 'much smaller'? I checked the video of his match against Muzza at Queens and they looked about the same height (Muzza is 6'3" ++) maybe 190cm is off by a few centimetres, but it wouldn't be 'much' in my dictionary, which is why I want to know what your definition is.

Puschkin
10-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Define 'much smaller'? I checked the video of his match against Muzza at Queens and they looked about the same height (Muzza is 6'3" ++) maybe 190cm is off by a few centimetres, but it wouldn't be 'much' in my dictionary, which is why I want to know what your definition is.

Don't get mad at me. ;) It was a personal impression. I am sure the data given on the ATP site are correct. But my "reference " for a 1,90 guy is Carlos Moya, and Ernests did not look like him.

Forget the stuff, it is really not so important. :p

jitterbug
10-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I wasn't mad at you, just questioning ;) you haven't seen me throw a bitch fit yet.

Puschkin
10-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I wasn't mad at you, just questioning ;) you haven't seen me throw a bitch fit yet.
Lucky me, then. :wavey:

cath85
10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Hi, just dropping by to tell you that I was at the Vienna tourney today, I saw five matches at least partially, but the player who convinced me most was Ernests: solid powerful play, though Volandri did not offer too much resistance.

:topic: having seen your man in person, I highly doubt his 1,90. He looked much smaller to me, and I was close, as his match was on court B.

that's what a lot of people said in metz, that he doesn't look that tall in reality. he looked smaller than ancic as they walked on the court, but ancic is supposedly 5cm taller. I think it's because there are so many "huge" players around that he doesn't look that tall :lol:

jitterbug
10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
Isn't 6'3" a typical height in tennis anyway? :lol: when they're walking around they look equally gigantic.

cath85
10-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Isn't 6'3" a typical height in tennis anyway? :lol: when they're walking around they look equally gigantic.

yeah, at least to us dwarfs they all look equally gigantic :p

ClubFed
10-07-2008, 10:36 PM
yeah, at least to us dwarfs they all look equally gigantic :p

like me!!! :bigcry:

I thought Ernie was a little taller than 6'3 :shrug: My coach claims he's easily 6'4, but I KNOW Ernie's taller than him. I think people might think he's shorter because he's "bulkier" in person (but then again I've always thought that he wasn't lanky at all anyways). But for me seeing players live always make them seem bigger :shrug: I don't know how to explain it. Even Ollie looked average heighted :awww:

ETA: BTW, I think the average tennis height was 5'11 or 6ft. The new guys are usually taller :scratch: