Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere: The Indoor Thread! [Archive] - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere: The Indoor Thread!

Pages : 1 2 [3]

amdany
10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Can somebody enlighten me about why there is a yellow rooster on that French flag draped over the railings? :lol: It's so apt, considering that Gilles = Poussin = Chicken Little.

I am so sorry for hijacking this thread with Madrid finals chatter btw :p

It's our symbol like the rose is the symbol of England:)

jitterbug
10-20-2008, 11:13 AM
It's our symbol like the rose is the symbol of England:)

Merci beaucoup :kiss:

ekkikossar
10-20-2008, 12:11 PM
you will be stunned. i know i was and it lasted for a few days too. but if you think this week it's going to be tough, wait until you get to the week after you've seen him. i'll be here if you need some cheering up afterwards :p
i could never quote anything more than this. the week after the first time i saw him...well, it was orrible. actually, it didnt last 7 days, but 2 or 3: i could do nothing but thinking "oh lord, yesterday i was there with him (well, near to him) and now im here and he's who-knows-where...far away, anyway".
The second time I saw him it went better, anyway... so im looking forward to see how it will be after the third time...i cant wait. maybe the cure to our ernests-disease is really going after him!;)

rafaelita
10-20-2008, 12:36 PM
i could never quote anything more than this. the week after the first time i saw him...well, it was orrible. actually, it didnt last 7 days, but 2 or 3: i could nothing but thinking "oh lord, yesterday i was there with him (well, near to him) and now im here and he's who-knows-where...far away, anyway".
The second time I saw him it went better, anyway... so im looking forward to see how it will be after the third time...i cant wait. maybe the cure to our ernests-disease is really going after him!;)

OMG, i feel so not alone in this :haha:
the truth is i wasn't able to focus on absolutely anything else for a few days after. i kept thinking he was 2-3 metres in front of me. when i look back on it i feel kinda :silly:, but the feeling is so real and so acute it almost makes you numb and completely detached from whatever your everyday life was like before. i hope i'll get my 'second time around' real soon. (btw gabashvili's playing right now. i hope he gets smashed :devil:. yeah, i'm being mean right now!)

ellen_
10-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Well when I come home on sunday evening I have to go to bed very quickly because I start working at 7am on monday until 4pm. Maybe that changes my thoughts ;) And I'm working the whole week, except on friday. So probably friday will be my think-about-erno-day :p

ekkikossar
10-20-2008, 12:54 PM
I start working at 7am on monday until 4pm. Maybe that changes my thoughts ;) And I'm working the whole week, except on friday.what do you do, ellen? (weird i've never asked you this before...:confused:) Moreover, dont you think you could risk to be absent-minded even while working, at least on Monday? I think I would be, in your shoes. When I work Im almost always absent-minded anyway :lol:!
Don't you wanna join to the "people who feel ernests-sick the week after seeing him in person" club?:haha:

Proxima2
10-20-2008, 03:03 PM
:) OOP for tomorrow is out:
GARCIA-LOPEZ vs GULBIS
4th match on Center Court (night session):
http://www.spbopen.ru/img/flash/OP_21.10.pdf

Good luck Ernests!

rafaelita
10-20-2008, 03:10 PM
GARCIA-LOPEZ vs GULBIS

Good luck Ernests!

:wavey: thanks a lot for the update. i kinda hoped the match would be scheduled in the afternoon session. :sad: i won't be able to see him play.

go get him, ernests! :devil:

rafaelita
10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
what do you do, ellen? (weird i've never asked you this before...:confused:) Moreover, dont you think you could risk to be absent-minded even while working, at least on Monday? I think I would be, in your shoes. When I work Im almost always absent-minded anyway :lol:!
Don't you wanna join to the "people who feel ernests-sick the week after seeing him in person" club?:haha:

:haha::haha: you're killing me! can i consider myself one of the founding members? :nerner:

Nono
10-20-2008, 03:29 PM

ooopppss... I'll be at Bercy saturday and sunday too (:)), but I have 2 exams during the following week(monday and wednesday)...I'm expecting the worst :crazy: !!!!

RGK
10-20-2008, 03:33 PM
Murray still not retired?! he is going to play in this?!

Proxima2
10-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Murray still not retired?! he is going to play in this?!

Not retired, unfortunately… :(

but-it's-ok
10-20-2008, 04:03 PM
GARCIA-LOPEZ vs GULBIS

Good luck Ernests!

Thanks for the info Stella:smooch: All the best Ernests:rocker2:

Proxima2
10-20-2008, 04:43 PM
You're welcome, guys ;)

estrela
10-20-2008, 05:04 PM
i know what you mean. i would like that too. i hope i'll be able to go to more of his tournaments next year. (i have a bad feeling that ho won't come back to bcr open next year and it kills me). i'll write to santa and i'll try to be nice :).
you will be stunned. i know i was and it lasted for a few days too. but if you think this week it's going to be tough, wait until you get to the week after you've seen him. i'll be here if you need some cheering up afterwards :p
in the mean time, enjoy the tournament; i expect both of you to come back here singing 'the time of my life' :silly:
:yippee:

i could never quote anything more than this. the week after the first time i saw him...well, it was orrible. actually, it didnt last 7 days, but 2 or 3: i could do nothing but thinking "oh lord, yesterday i was there with him (well, near to him) and now im here and he's who-knows-where...far away, anyway".

I know how you feel too.:lol: I had it when I saw Rafa for the first time.

Thanks for the oop Stella ;)

ellen_
10-20-2008, 05:18 PM
what do you do, ellen? (weird i've never asked you this before...:confused:) Moreover, dont you think you could risk to be absent-minded even while working, at least on Monday? I think I would be, in your shoes. When I work Im almost always absent-minded anyway :lol:!

I was talking about my 'stage'. I have to work whole days during vacation, with the kids who normally go to school. Now I just have to work before school, after school and on wednesday afternoons. I don't know if I can affort to be absent-minded :p Those kids are really smart, I would probably say yes to anything they ask me then :lol:

Yaaayyy, night session :banana: Is the livestream working btw?

Noemie, you're going too this weekend? :dance: That's great! We should meet!

ekkikossar
10-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Those kids are really smart, I would probably say yes to anything they ask me then :lol:AH, the stage, ok now i know i already knew what you do! And :lol: I can imagine you daydreaming in the same pose Cath has on that "Ernie&the thousand bottles"-photo, while a dozen kids crash ming vases all around you...:p

cath85
10-20-2008, 07:37 PM

if I hadn't had paris to look forward to I would have gone crazy too :lol: I didn't look back too much, although I kept daydreaming after it (not only during it :p)

AH, the stage, ok now i know i already knew what you do! And :lol: I can imagine you daydreaming in the same pose Cath has on that "Ernie&the thousand bottles"-photo, while a dozen kids crash ming vases all around you...:p

the picture is getting kind of famous :lol:

RGK
10-20-2008, 09:11 PM
Great he is in the Centre court. will be stream for that..but without sound.

ClubFed
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
but if you think this week it's going to be tough, wait until you get to the week after you've seen him.

Couldn't agree more :worship:

the week after the first time i saw him...well, it was horrible. actually, it didnt last 7 days, but 2 or 3: i could do nothing but thinking "oh lord, yesterday i was there with him (well, near to him) and now im here and he's who-knows-where...far away, anyway".

Oh I know. It was so horrible, as I was thinking the same exact thing. I was looking forward to my USO trip for the longest time, and it just went by sooo fast! Every time I'm stressed out (which is a lot of times) I just think about the USO trip, and things just get calmer :lol: It's a nice "happy place" to have.

rafaelita
10-21-2008, 06:54 AM
AH, the stage, ok now i know i already knew what you do! And :lol: I can imagine you daydreaming in the same pose Cath has on that "Ernie&the thousand bottles"-photo, while a dozen kids crash ming vases all around you...:p

:haha: the best caption for an ernests photo lately.
we should have a thread with captions for every pic of ernests. that should show what creativity is all about ;)

jitterbug
10-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Nobody gives a damn that Karlis is also playing today? :speakles: :armed:

Sarauj boyo :p win a game, at least.

erica
10-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Nobody gives a damn that Karlis is also playing today? :speakles: :armed:

Sarauj boyo :p win a game, at least.

I only just found out. I'm such a bad, bad fangirl :o. I tried to jump of the bandwagon, but it didn't work.. Sarauj! :p

jitterbug
10-21-2008, 12:44 PM
They claimed that video from all three courts will be streamed simultaneously, but I'm only getting the Centre Court feed :silly: I want to watch Court 3!

rafaelita
10-21-2008, 12:58 PM
They claimed that video from all three courts will be streamed simultaneously, but I'm only getting the Centre Court feed :silly: I want to watch Court 3!

i think they'll switch to other courts once the chardy/ancic match is over. they seem to focus just on the central if there's a match under way there.

wonder what happened to the verdasco/gabashvili meeting. i see that safin and kunitsyn have began their match. :confused:

jitterbug
10-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Karlis just saved 5 break points and double-faulted when he finally had game point :silly: headcases, the lot of them! :p

Oooh he won a game :banana: now try to win a few more.

rafaelita
10-21-2008, 02:32 PM
karlis is playing now. he saved 5 BPs!! great start.
and gabashvili is crushing verdasco. OMG!

rafaelita
10-21-2008, 02:36 PM
live streaming from all the courts, that's funny!! i guess i'll see that dhl car for another 20 minutes. bleah

rafaelita
10-21-2008, 03:44 PM
whaat?? karlis took the second set! :woohoo: way to go, kid!

rafaelita
10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
and the davydenko/guccione match is progressing very slowly. damn, i'm gonna miss ernests' match.
well, have a good one, ernests. make him suffer :devil:

RGK
10-21-2008, 03:52 PM
Karlis 3-1 up in the third!

amdany
10-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Karlis 3-1 up in the third!

he wooooooon!!!!!

cath85
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
did anyone manage to find a livestream with sound?

Nono
10-21-2008, 04:35 PM
:banana: KARLIIIIIS !!! :banana:

estrela
10-21-2008, 04:36 PM
Good job Karlis :banana:

Cath, I can't find one :shrug:

oranges
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Fiery start :D 2:0

erica
10-21-2008, 04:51 PM
OH MY!!! :banana: KARLIS!!!! :woohoo:

RGK
10-21-2008, 04:56 PM
5-0
Erno playing fantastic!
No UE and looks good.

oranges
10-21-2008, 05:04 PM
OMG, what an express bagel. Keep it up Erno :yeah:

but-it's-ok
10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Karlis won,OMG thats fantastic:worship::banana: Malacis:worship: What kind of a match was it?

Erno,quick job, well done:yeah::banana: I feel a bit sorry for Guillermo though,he's one of my favourite players,indoors is his worst surface, and Ernests' best so that kind of score was to be expected I think.

What a great day for Latvian tennis:rocker2::woohoo: I am thinking of our Latvian posters here,how proud you must be. Aspveicu:hug:

Did anyone get decent Live Stream?

Alex.
10-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Ernests and Karlis. :woohoo: 11 aces to 1 double fault for Ernests, 83% first serves in. :smoke:

cath85
10-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Did anyone get decent Live Stream?

I don't think there was a decent one, I ended up chatting with ellen on msn. I almost missed the match point lol but honestly it was really hard to follow without sound. plus I sometimes didn't see the ball, didn't see the scores either, so I had to follow the scoreboard at the same time :lol:

ekkikossar
10-21-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey Erno won, and he won with style, or at least so it seems from the result! Im very happy (less happy for i couldnt watch the match, but its ok: the important thing is he won). And now, lets see what we can do against his next opponent, i suppose it will be the Madrid champion! I really hope I can watch next Ernie's match... I'd give half my blood to be there in St. Petersburg on thursday (just if Andy wins tomorrow)!

Moreover, congrats to Karlis, too! He was great!!

NeverSayDie
10-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Karlis :eek: :banana: Ernests :dance:

hajnal
10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Ern:bowdown::woohoo:

Why did I have to sit on a bus during his match?:sad:

underyourbridge
10-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Erno won, and he won with style, or at least so it seems from the result! Im very happy (less happy for i couldnt watch the match, but its ok: the important thing is he won).

http://esports.lv/teniss/video/21102008_2154_kristaps_drikis_gulbis_uzvar_garsiju
Some highlights of the match! :wavey:

P.S. Tomorrow Kārlis will play on Central court :cool:

Proxima2
10-21-2008, 08:16 PM
http://esports.lv/teniss/video/21102008_2154_kristaps_drikis_gulbis_uzvar_garsiju

Thanks Mara! :smooch:

And congratulation to Karlis :yeah:

cath85
10-21-2008, 08:23 PM

thanks for posting! I'm still waiting for it to load though :lol:

Pepi.
10-21-2008, 08:45 PM
well done :bounce: :bounce:

jitterbug
10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Karlis :worship:

Erno :smoke: he's continuing last year's trend of 60/61/62 wins in the first couple of rounds at St Petes. Let's see how he does against Andy or Viktor.

Alex.
10-21-2008, 09:44 PM

Thank you. :D

LOL they used Kaiser Chiefs for the highlight reel.

Truedaisy
10-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Wow, Karlis! :yeah: A great day for Latvian tennis!:D

rafaelita
10-22-2008, 06:24 AM
lol, looks like he finally listened to me :woohoo: . smart move, kiddo :yeah:.
now get ready for andy. :devil:

but-it's-ok
10-22-2008, 09:18 AM
Good luck to Karlis today:rocker2:

The win yesterday gives him 25 precious ranking points:banana: It'll mean he'll just rocket up those rankings from 664!! He's repaid the faith shown to him by the Organisers by giving him a Wild-Card, even better:) See what happens today,no pressure, he can enjoy himself against Verdasco.

yaniss
10-22-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi everyone! You can actually watch St.P. Open in acceptable quality (with sound!)
Download this: http://81.176.70.59/download?id=2009285 Fill what's asked and then select НТВ-ПЛЮС Теннис.

Proxima2
10-22-2008, 09:47 AM
Hi everyone! You can actually watch St.P. Open in acceptable quality (with sound!)
Download this: http://81.176.70.59/download?id=2009285 Fill what's asked and then select НТВ-ПЛЮС Теннис.

Hi Yaniss :wavey:
I'm sorry I don't know what to do…:confused: I don't understand a word in russian and I can't find 'НТВ-ПЛЮС Теннис' :help: :smash:
Moreover, I have a Mac :sobbing: (.exe is only for PC, no? :sad: :ras:)
Regardless, thank you ;)

yaniss
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
If you have a mac then i donno :) After install is comlete program asks to fill fields - write something in there(last was e-mail i think). Then press "пробный пинкод" button and it will show <TRIAL>, then OK and that should be it.

Proxima2
10-22-2008, 11:02 AM
If you have a mac then i donno :) After install is comlete program asks to fill fields - write something in there(last was e-mail i think). Then press "пробный пинкод" button and it will show <TRIAL>, then OK and that should be it.

Despite your explanations, that don't work for me :sad:

So, I will follow the mute livestream (and the scoreboard at the same time, because of the time-lag) :(
Hmm… mute livestream :mad: It's so weird… It's like watching Pavarotti… without the sound :silly:

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 11:07 AM
I CAN SEE KARLIS! :hearts:

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 11:18 AM

You're my hero :D paldies!

yaniss
10-22-2008, 11:32 AM
You can also record the whole thing if you want (recorded some part of Ernests interview and comments by Anastasia Myskina - she praised him quite a bit).

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 11:39 AM
Janis it died :sad: it kept saying communication error from server. I reconnected several times but it's still not working :bigcry:

Can you record Karlis's match right now please?

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Karlis just saved two set points. You, my boy, are a MAN :worship:

:p

yaniss
10-22-2008, 11:45 AM
it's aint working for mee too. Quite frankly, from what I saw (of his game) I don't think there is much need to record and watch it again.

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 11:48 AM
It is a bit painful to watch :tape: too many unforced errors.

But his rather pretty face is a good enough excuse to watch it, surely? :awww: :p

EDIT: The ATP livescores also aren't updating :scratch:

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 12:16 PM
He lost :awww:

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 01:39 PM
So Murray it is :yeah:

Good luck Erno :unsure:

estrela
10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Is it working again? Anything is better than the other livestream:rolleyes:

Too bad for Karlis :( . Ernie vs Murray :scared: enough said

Truedaisy
10-22-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it's scary :eek: Murray in the 2nd round. But Ernie is very much capable of beating him. He has done well in this tournament before and may be extra motivated. And as Z said in her website, Murray may want to save his energy for the Paris Masters. All conjecture perhaps but who knows? I still say that this tournament may be Ernie's breakthrough. GO ERNIE!!! :rocker:

Proxima2
10-22-2008, 03:09 PM
Imo, I don't think it's scary: it's just another defy for Ernests (he was not scared against Nadal, so why Murray? :cool:) If he is scared, he has now and already lost… (but I don't think he is scared).
No complex and no haste (especially before each second serve) and he can win, no: HE WILL WIN ;) (positive attitude :))
If he is really in the mood to win, not only resist to Murray, he will win (yes, still the mental stuff)
Good luck tomorrow and most of all good fight Ernests! :armed:

rafaelita
10-22-2008, 03:34 PM
No complex and no haste (especially before each second serve) and he can win, no: HE WILL WIN ;) (positive attitude :))
If he is really in the mood to win, not only resist to Murray, he will win (yes, still the mental stuff)
Good luck tomorrow and most of all good fight Ernests! :armed:

yeap, he has to be calm, precise, patient yet determined. i was hoping that murray would take a break maybe, after madrid. looks like he's not gonna do that and will keep going and take full advantage of the mental boost that madrid gave him. well, if this is the way it has to be :armed:

congrats to karlis, it was a nice surprise indeed. :clap2:
:bounce: and yay for safin, who is playing against stakhovsky. show him what you got :devil:

but-it's-ok
10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
:awww:Karlis:hug: Still a 1st win at full ATP Tour level is good news for his ranking. Onwards and upwards from here Karlis:rocker2:

Erno vs Andy, should be a great match. Erno plays well where he feels good:D - NY, Paris, St Petersburg are his 3fave cities, a happy coincidence he gets good results in those places-I have good vibes for him:D Sarauj Erno:rocker2:

yaniss
10-22-2008, 03:47 PM
That livestream looks like this http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/ad232c0ec3f4c04a98c307bc9be092a61776c204/int.avi (press 'Lejupielādēt')

Proxima2
10-22-2008, 04:20 PM
That livestream looks like this http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/ad232c0ec3f4c04a98c307bc9be092a61776c204/int.avi (press 'Lejupielādēt')

Oooh! Thanks for the link! :D
Btw, the quality of this video is the same (I think) that the one from spbopen, so it's OK (yes I know, the sound is missing from sbpopen, oh well… :rolleyes:)

ellen_
10-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Tomorrow's oop
http://www.spbopen.ru/img/flash/OP_23.10.pdf

First evening match...

http://www.spbopen.ru/eng/news/60.html
And Erno didn't play football against some players of Zenit :eek: :lol: How is that possible!

Proxima2
10-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Tomorrow's oop
http://www.spbopen.ru/img/flash/OP_23.10.pdf

First evening match...

http://www.spbopen.ru/eng/news/60.html
And Erno didn't play football against some players of Zenit :eek: :lol: How is that possible!

Thanks for the update, Ellen :)

No football for Ernests? :eek: It was only Russians or what? :rolleyes:

but-it's-ok
10-22-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the update Ellen:hug: Ernests didn't take the chance to play football,he's becoming wise;) Don't want him to pick up any more injuries playing football do we;)

Nadie
10-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the update, Ellen :)

No football for Ernests? :eek: It was only Russians or what? :rolleyes:

:scratch: from what I saw on photos, there were Youzhny, Kudryavtsev and Stakhovsky playing

Proxima2
10-22-2008, 07:26 PM
:scratch: from what I saw on photos, there were Youzhny, Kudryavtsev and Stakhovsky playing

:lol: OK, so he is really becoming wise :yeah: ;)

cath85
10-22-2008, 08:48 PM
You can also record the whole thing if you want (recorded some part of Ernests interview and comments by Anastasia Myskina - she praised him quite a bit).

oh there was an interview? :D

and did you know andy is playing doubles too? he's crazy! he lost today though, in straight sets: http://www.spbopen.ru/eng/draw/4

RGK
10-22-2008, 09:48 PM
which hour Erno play tomorrow?

cath85
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
which hour Erno play tomorrow?

7 pm local time

jitterbug
10-22-2008, 09:57 PM
and did you know andy is playing doubles too? he's crazy!

He's helping Delgado, because Delgy couldn't get into the tournament with a lower-ranked partner ;) Andy uses his singles ranking to help Jamie make the doubles cut-off too.

Anyway, Booty's also a good friend of Andy's so I don't think he's too gutted about the loss.

cath85
10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
He's helping Delgado, because Delgy couldn't get into the tournament with a lower-ranked partner ;) Andy uses his singles ranking to help Jamie make the doubles cut-off too.

Anyway, Booty's also a good friend of Andy's so I don't think he's too gutted about the loss.

oh okay! thanks for the explanation! ;)

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 02:58 PM
hey, where is everybody? :confused: the match is about to begin. :crazy:
i'am watching the live stream and i cannot believe how many empty seats i'm seeing. i wish i had some teleportation device, something like in star trek :aplot:. it would be exceptionally helpfull right now.
well, i'll bite my nails by myself then :toothy:
ernests, :armed:. go get him!

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 02:59 PM
they're on court! let's hope for a great victory!

Proxima2
10-23-2008, 03:02 PM
:wavey: Hey Irina! I think we are all in St Petersburg :lol:

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 03:07 PM
:wavey: Hey Irina! I think we are all in St Petersburg :lol:

hey, stella, thanks for showing up :hug:
yeah, we are, but it's better actually seeing him, isn't it? ;)

they are killing me with the commercial breaks :fiery: i'm supposed to be working right now and my boss keeps showing up at my desk, asking me to do stuff. wtf, the match has begun!! i'm thinking about locking her up in her office :devil:

Nadie
10-23-2008, 03:11 PM
I wish I was in St.-Petersburg tonight and not in Moscow :sad:

come on Ernie :unsure:

merdenoms
10-23-2008, 03:15 PM
im so nervous right now! come on ernie!

ChocGeek
10-23-2008, 03:23 PM
The streams are retarded... Urggghhh, it's equivalent to watching a slideshow!

Come on Ernests!

ellen_
10-23-2008, 03:25 PM
Do you guys already have a better livestream with sound or not?
I can't watch it anymore :(

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 03:35 PM
this isn't happening!!! this is no time to go blank!!!
the live stream is IMPOSSIBLE!!!

oh, no!! murray leads 5-3 and is serving... this is the perfect moment to rebreak. go ernests!!!!

estrela
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
The livestream stops at times :(, really annoying. Good that he broke back.

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 03:37 PM
REBREAK!! :bounce:
REBREAK!! :bounce:

ChocGeek
10-23-2008, 03:40 PM
Better chances in the next set!

You can win this, Ernests!

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 03:41 PM
he has that expression of his face again. the one that says nothin' is working; he had it in bucharest, in metz..i don't like it a bit.
come on, boy, snap out of it!

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
Ernests:(!!!!

merdenoms
10-23-2008, 03:42 PM
let's go erno!

merdenoms
10-23-2008, 03:44 PM
what is wrong with him...come on ernie! get a grip and keep urself together!

estrela
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
:o Break out of your 'second round loss' rhythm Ernests

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Sanemies Ernest!!! Lauz vina servi!!!:rocker2:

rafaelita
10-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Sanemies Ernest!!! Lauz vina servi!!!:rocker2:

:worship: i'm impressed! i've started learning latvian myself. i wish i could yell at him in latvian right now :mad:

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 03:55 PM
Paldies:D It would be good if it was helping but its not:lol:

yaniss
10-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Its the knee problem again - he said in an interview afterwards (http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/e09b9a6b2ea5e54bb1987b8101602f261cdcedd3/afterwebtv_278104381_360_Tennis-High.avi in Russian). If I undersdood right he will probably not play in Paris.

hajnal
10-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Knee injury?? Great...:sad:

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 04:33 PM
I'm a bit tired of hearing 'Its my knee' when he loses. Stop it Ernests, moaning doesn't suit you:(

If it really is the knee AGAIN: Ernests why then aren't you finding out what the problem is???? All I've heard is that it gets stiff. Oh come on Ernests, we all get stiff...put up with a little pain,eh?:)

Proxima2
10-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Its the knee problem again - he said in an interview afterwards (http://files.inbox.lv/ticket/e09b9a6b2ea5e54bb1987b8101602f261cdcedd3/afterwebtv_278104381_360_Tennis-High.avi in Russian). If I undersdood right he will probably not play in Paris.

What, again! :( The injury is serious (need for surgery) or not?
I know a knee injury is especially painful, I hope he will be OK for the next year…

Now I'm sad he cannot play in Paris :sad:

jitterbug
10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
He should ask Andy for knee tips.. Muzza has a congenital bipartite patella (split kneecap) and he said it hurt from time to time too.

Anyway, we probably shouldn't make our own diagnosis on whether Ernests's knee issue is serious or not. We don't know whether it really is a little problem or whether he just doesn't want to go into the details in public.

ellen_
10-23-2008, 04:55 PM
You're kidding me? :bigcry:

Proxima2
10-23-2008, 04:58 PM
You're kidding me? :bigcry:

:speakles: :speakles: :hug: :hug:
Sorry for you and the others… :awww:

ellen_
10-23-2008, 05:03 PM
No really, I could cry right now. Erno can try to play, he's playing with the knee problem for how long now? And still no correct diagnosis? :rolleyes: And just NOW, when I'm going to Paris to see him, he decides not to play because of the knee. I know you can suffer with the knees for a long time, I'm having troubles with it for about 10 years now, but if he can play like he played yesterday... I just don't understand :shrug: I'm sorry, I'm mad... and sad :bigcry:

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
So am I Ellen..As someone who suffers chronic and irreversible pain,I cant have too much sympathy for him right now. I am really:sad:for you, and all of you going to Paris, knowing you won't see him:hug::hug::hug::hug: Men, they really should get higher pain thresholds, of course that will never,ever happen:(

There seems to be a 'problem' then why won't he get it fixed??? Or is he a hypochondriac??:shrug:

Proxima2
10-23-2008, 05:19 PM
No really, I could cry right now. Erno can try to play, he's playing with the knee problem for how long now? And still no correct diagnosis? :rolleyes: And just NOW, when I'm going to Paris to see him, he decides not to play because of the knee. I know you can suffer with the knees for a long time, I'm having troubles with it for about 10 years now, but if he can play like he played yesterday... I just don't understand :shrug: I'm sorry, I'm mad... and sad :bigcry:

You are sorry, mad and sad, I know what you mean. But if the pain is too violent, how to do? I also have knee problems for ages (cracked meniscus……) and sometimes I just can't walk…
I'm just so sorry for you all…and for Ernests…

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 05:37 PM
I am sorry if my views are a little harsh and unfeeling towards Ernests,just wish he could cope with a bit of pain, just for one more week, so that you guys going to Paris could see him... However,I wouldn't want to see him in distress and discomfort because of pain. I hope you all understand what I mean.

Now I do feel bad:o:sad::sad: I just read this in GM posted by seljanin

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7769560&postcount=26

ellen_
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Of course I don't want that either, Di. I know how hard and frustrating it can be, having pain in the knees. I got pain in them both, almost constantly. But I have good days too so I can perfectly imagine he has good days as well. But he's a pro! He should go to every doctor he knows! And of course I don't know what the doctors did about it already, at least it's not enough. I also know it's hard to set a diagnosis when it comes to the knees, I experienced it myself. I got problems with the ligaments in the left knee and problems with the patella and meniscus in the right knee. I don't want to blame Erno from something, maybe I'm just too dissapointed to post here right now. But can I find it strange he's playing with it for a very long time now? A pro should let that checked in every way it can be checked. I'm sad this has to happen now...

Wow, I managed to write a post without smileys... :lol: Here it is!

Truedaisy
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry about the knee problem. I did see him testing it a few times during the match. Looked like it bothered him a bit. I don't think tho that it's the knee.... he was simply outclassed today. :sad: Murray was the better player at the crucial moments. They were pretty even until 3-3, and then....if Ernie were mentally tougher, he could have hung on. He's still lacking the strategy for winning, be it a mental strategy or tactical play. I'm so sad for him right now. :sobbing:

Anyway, Murray is the more mature and experienced player. That's his advantage. Our boy has the spectacular talent, and that' all he's got right now, which obviously is not enough.

Proxima2
10-23-2008, 06:00 PM

Hey Yaniss, the file is seemingly corrupted, I can't unlock it :confused: …weird, because the previous file was OK… But don't worry, the problem probably comes from me ;)
Regardless, thanks!

Thanks for posting the link, Di

jitterbug
10-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Not just you, Stella, I can't play it too - even using VLC media player :confused:

Thanks for uploading it anyway, Janis :)

Proxima2
10-23-2008, 06:10 PM
Not just you, Stella, I can't play it too - even using VLC media player :confused:

Thanks for uploading it anyway, Janis :)

Oh, you too!

Yeah, you're right, I use VLC too :confused:

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
The bottom line is we're all concerned for Ernests. Now I do feel his pain and our pain. I am relieved the problem is minor, but frustrated it cant be fixed.. I hope that if he finds a way for it to be fixed that he will be brave enough to go through the treatment,or as the case seems to be now, accepting it isn't something that can be fixed.. and learning to deal with pain, the way so many of us have to do in life:sad::sad:

Ellen,your knees:awww::hug::hug: I feel for others who are in chronic pain, persistent pain too:sad:

Edna,good points you make too;)

If it really is the end of the season for him(I haven't seen a withdrawal from qualies just yet), then all we can hope is that he can do a lot of work on the psychological side of his game, and strengthen the knee;) And then hope the talent can be matched by mental toughness;) For some players mental maturity takes a lot longer, lets hope not too much longer;)

Ellen you almost posted without smileys:awww::lol:

Nadie
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
:wavey: Janis, maybe you can re-upload today's interview?

sorry for keep bothering :awww:

cath85
10-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I'm watching the match right now, I recorded it. and my stomach is aching from the huge amount of chocolate I already ate :lol:

ellen_
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
http://esports.lv/teniss/23102008-marejs_apspele_gulbi_ari_sanktpeterburga?page=1#co mments

I need a Latvian... can someone help? Is there something interesting in it?

Nono
10-23-2008, 07:03 PM
If I undersdood right he will probably not play in Paris.

:bigcry::bigcry: but why right NOW ??!!?? :bigcry::bigcry:

yaniss
10-23-2008, 07:11 PM
:wavey: Janis, maybe you can re-upload today's interview?

sorry for keep bothering :awww:

especially for you: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SJQDLLW

jitterbug
10-23-2008, 07:28 PM
especially for you: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6SJQDLLW

Not especially for me? :awww: :awww:

Just kidding :p paldies Janis!

ellen_
10-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I miss the sound. But thanks anyway!

cath85
10-23-2008, 07:38 PM
no sound here either, but with the sound I wouldn't have understood more :lol:
paldies yanis! do you know what he's laughing about?

jitterbug
10-23-2008, 07:57 PM
You can re-encode the video, it'd turn out fine.

cath85
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM
he seems to be officially out of Paris: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7770239&postcount=7

Truedaisy
10-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Thanks, Di. :) Yeah, we're all sad for Ernie. Good thing we have this forum to unload our collective frustrations on. :( Anyway, I think Ernie needs to rest and regroup. :D

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 08:32 PM
he seems to be officially out of Paris: http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7770239&postcount=7

:sad::tears::bigcry::sobbing: I'm heartbroken for you guys:sad::sad:(and for Erno:awww:) I'm quite emotional right now for you Paris bound girls:hug::hug::hug: I hope that somehow you can still enjoy yourselves:hug::hug:

cath85
10-23-2008, 08:37 PM
:sad::tears::bigcry::sobbing: I'm heartbroken for you guys:sad::sad:

it's hard right now... but I guess it's the best for him... (maybe I shouldn't be so selfish about it and think about him. at least I'm trying :p)

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
:awww: Cath - you're not selfish at all:hug: The way you feel is completely natural:hug::hug: Thats why this Forum is so great,we go through the good and bad times, with each other, with Ernests:awww: And,all of us have to try to do whats best,its not easy for Erno,for us either. At times like these people feel so powerless...

But,he is taking care of his body, and thats always good. I am sure with devoted fans like us, he won't lack for support the next time he's in Paris, cos I hope by this time next year he'll be directly in the draw, and as fresh as a daisy;) Harder,better,faster,stronger;)

ellen_
10-23-2008, 08:47 PM
Yeah I'm still very, very disapointed but at least I'm cooled down right now :) There's actually no reason to go to Paris anymore, after I spent so much money to it. I'm only going to meet Cath right now, but we could have easily met each other closer to home if we wanted to :lol: So now we're going all the way down to Paris to meet each other, ridiculous :D But I'm sure I'll enjoy Paris and the meeting, and I hope to see Nole and Rafa :p

but-it's-ok
10-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Yeah I'm still very, very disapointed but at least I'm cooled down right now :) There's actually no reason to go to Paris anymore, after I spent so much money to it. I'm only going to meet Cath right now, but we could have easily met each other closer to home if we wanted to :lol: So now we're going all the way down to Paris to meet each other, ridiculous :D But I'm sure I'll enjoy Paris and the meeting, and I hope to see Nole and Rafa :p

:awww: Thats the spirit:hug::hug: I hope you'll still enjoy Paris so much, the tennis, and each other;):hug::hug: I'll still be thinking of you both;):hug:

cath85
10-23-2008, 09:01 PM

hey we're going to meet! I'm actually very thrilled about that :hug: and it's paris for god's sake! it's always been my favourite city and I'm happy to go back! so who needs erno seriously? :p

ellen_
10-23-2008, 09:21 PM
We can see it symbolic...We have a Gulbistard meeting in one of Erno's (and ours) favourite cities, Paris. What can possibly be more beautiful? ;) Well, I need Erno a tiny little bit :lol: But I'm sure we'll have fun without him too!

merdenoms
10-24-2008, 01:49 AM
im sorry to cath and ellen and all of you guys who will be going to paris.i have officially resigned myself that this year is officially over for erno..hoping for better result in 09. lord knows how many hours i've spent this year just trying to will him to win but i realized how futile it is to cheer for someone who has problems with his game -whether it be physical or mental.best of luck to him..im stll pretty down though.. :sad:

krfreak
10-24-2008, 05:07 AM
Sorry for u guys who'll be going to Paris, and hope u enjoy urselves..it's not all bad,right?:hug: And man, i'm disappointed he's not playin, i was sooooo looking forward to watching him play, cos i just finished my exams today and could finally watch tv in peace after studying too much! :sad::bigcry:Oh well....there's still Rafa.:)

rafaelita
10-24-2008, 09:03 AM

don't say that, ellen. paris is paris, you're meeting with cath, you'll still see great tennis. i'm sure you won't regret it. it's just so sad that he won't be there. we all know how much you were looking forward for this. :hug:
i've read the posts here and i'm trying to convince myself that it can all be for the better. this off-season period should help him in terms of physical and mental training. so it's ok i guess. but it's gonna be so weird and sooo long, two months without tounaments, without news (possibly) about him. january seems so far away ...:sad:

cath85
10-24-2008, 09:07 AM
don't say that, ellen. paris is paris, you're meeting with cath, you'll still see great tennis. i'm sure you won't regret it. it's just so sad that he won't be there. we all know how much you were looking forward for this. :hug:
i've read the posts here and i'm trying to convince myself that it can all be for the better. this off-season period should help him in terms of physical and mental training. so it's ok i guess. but it's gonna be so weird and sooo long, two months without tounaments, without news (possibly) about him. january seems so far away ...:sad:

yeah I think that's the worst part about it. those 2 months will seem soooo long :sad: I hate off season

jitterbug
10-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Go Christmas-shopping. Take up a new hobby. Do anything except think about tennis. I should know - I've been surviving an Erno-less off season for the past 2 years :p

cath85
10-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Go Christmas-shopping. Take up a new hobby. Do anything except think about tennis. I should know - I've been surviving an Erno-less off season for the past 2 years :p

it will be my first one. what's it like? :p
I could think about uni for once, couldn't do me any harm :lol:

jitterbug
10-24-2008, 09:21 AM
it will be my first one. what's it like? :p

Gut-wrenching. Painful. If you can afford a therapist, get one.

cath85
10-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Gut-wrenching. Painful. If you can afford a therapist, get one.

okay thanks for the tip :p

rafaelita
10-24-2008, 09:26 AM

nah, it's gonna get ugly. i still have moto gp in valencia (although it's the last in this season :sad:) and the winter season that is about to begin - oh goodie, ski jumping and curling :dance: ).
there's no such thing as life without tennis, so i'll go with the winter season and i'll throw myself into learning latvian. hopefully it'll go faster this way :)

Nono
10-24-2008, 09:42 AM
he seems to be officially out of Paris:

you're right cath, maybe it's better for him... :awww: but I can't stop feeling sad (I know i'm selfish...)
I hope he will play Bercy next year (and not the qualies...but the main draw!! :yeah: )

ok, off-season is long, but is opportunity to treat knee problems ;) ....
we have 2 months to overcome, :rocker2: and then 09 will be Ernests' season !!

there's no such thing as life without tennis, so i'll go with the winter season and i'll throw myself into learning latvian. hopefully it'll go faster this way hey, why not? :yeah: good idea rafaelita

ellen_
10-24-2008, 09:54 AM

Christmas shopping eh :aplot: That, Zahirah, is a fabulous idea. I need lots of gifts for my Christmas in Tenerife, maybe I find something original in Paris. Although I think it's still a bit early to buy Christmas gifts :lol: Anyway, after Paris I can look forward to Tenerife :cool: And I can work for school of course :angel:

cath85
10-24-2008, 10:01 AM
Christmas shopping eh :aplot: That, Zahirah, is a fabulous idea. I need lots of gifts for my Christmas in Tenerife, maybe I find something original in Paris. Although I think it's still a bit early to buy Christmas gifts :lol: Anyway, after Paris I can look forward to Tenerife :cool: And I can work for school of course :angel:

pff I need a vacation to look forward to too :p

but-it's-ok
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
nah, it's gonna get ugly. i still have moto gp in valencia (although it's the last in this season :sad:) and the winter season that is about to begin - oh goodie, ski jumping and curling :dance: ).
there's no such thing as life without tennis, so i'll go with the winter season and i'll throw myself into learning latvian. hopefully it'll go faster this way :)

Oooh you like Moto GP, you're my heroine:worship: We can chat about this in the Olympic/football chat-thread;) I'll also continue to go to football matches. I love Australian summer of sport because theres cricket as well as tennis:lick: Almost forgot, snooker too;):lol:

And yes I'll be learning more Latvian;)

ellen_
10-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Yes Di, thank god we still have football. Winter also means cyclocross :banana: That is so much fun. Walking in the mud in a forest with boots on, a warm jacket, some scarfs and a cap. Watching the riders suffer :lol: The atmosphere at a cyclocross race is just great, everybody talks to everybody. You can just go to a rider and have a chat. I love it, and when it's been snowing it's even better!

rafaelita
10-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Oooh you like Moto GP, you're my heroine:worship: We can chat about this in the Olympic/football chat-thread;) I'll also continue to go to football matches. I love Australian summer of sport because theres cricket as well as tennis:lick: Almost forgot, snooker too;):lol:

And yes I'll be learning more Latvian;)

Ah, Di, you made me blush :angel:. I'm crazy about Moto GP! Just say the word and nothing will be able to stop me :lol:. I can go for hours about my fabulous Yamaha Duo, Rossi and Lorenzo.
I used to watch snooker some years ago but it was over for me after Paul Hunter died, may his soul rest in peace. It was almost the same with ski jumping; I was devastated when Sven Hannawald retired. No more Janne Ahonen either this season, it's just not the same without them :sad:.

To Ellen: that mud thing sounds really crazy. I have no idea what it is all about but I'm gonna do some research.

ellen_
10-24-2008, 11:11 AM
To Ellen: that mud thing sounds really crazy. I have no idea what it is all about but I'm gonna do some research.

I didn't mean it's a sport to walk through mud :haha:
Here you have some pictures from a race I've been to http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88/Koers#5249190594270394130

It's a form of bicycle racing, they have to ride short laps through a field or a forest. The laps include grass, mud, sand, hills, stairs, or some other obstacles ... It's a very hard sport.

rafaelita
10-24-2008, 11:19 AM
I didn't mean it's a sport to walk through mud :haha:
Here you have some pictures from a race I've been to http://picasaweb.google.com/ellenv88/Koers#5249190594270394130

It's a form of bicycle racing, they have to ride short laps through a field or a forest. The laps include grass, mud, sand, hills, stairs, or some other obstacles ... It's a very hard sport.

:haha: i figured that much :haha: gosh, you have no faith in my abilities whatsoever! oki, i'm just kidding ;). i'll browse through your album to get an idea. thanks for the information & pix. :)

great set of pics :yeah: i love the way the buildings look, with all the flowers at the windows.. beautiful. the guys on bicycles are too close to the people watching. i really admire the immense effort that these sportsmen make. i sometimes follow il giro or even vuelta (but not for long). i'm not crazy about it but i can appreciate the effort they make and the will these guy have.

rafaelita
10-24-2008, 11:54 AM
ok, off-season is long, but is opportunity to treat knee problems ;) ....
we have 2 months to overcome, :rocker2: and then 09 will be Ernests' season !!

hey, why not? :yeah: good idea rafaelita

well, i'm desperate, what can i say? ;) gotta keep my mind occupied, otherwise i'll go nuts

:rolleyes:

krfreak
10-24-2008, 12:55 PM
this is gonna be my first Erno-less period as well...plus it's the holidays.....:sad::sad:
i guess i'll be keeping it to the EPL and there's still one more race left in the F1 calendar...so..I'm also gonna try to learn German, if anyone can help, it's much appreciated...:)

cath85
10-24-2008, 01:52 PM
this is gonna be my first Erno-less period as well...plus it's the holidays.....:sad::sad:
i guess i'll be keeping it to the EPL and there's still one more race left in the F1 calendar...so..I'm also gonna try to learn German, if anyone can help, it's much appreciated...:)

I should be able to help, although I mostly don't know any of the rules, I just do everything by feeling lol but you can always ask if you have a problem ;)

ellen_
10-24-2008, 02:06 PM
:haha: i figured that much :haha: gosh, you have no faith in my abilities whatsoever! oki, i'm just kidding ;). i'll browse through your album to get an idea. thanks for the information & pix. :)

great set of pics :yeah: i love the way the buildings look, with all the flowers at the windows.. beautiful. the guys on bicycles are too close to the people watching. i really admire the immense effort that these sportsmen make. i sometimes follow il giro or even vuelta (but not for long). i'm not crazy about it but i can appreciate the effort they make and the will these guy have.

Haha :lol: I just said that to be sure, because you said it seemed crazy and you didn't understand what I was talking about!
The cyclocross pictures are from picture 45 untill 57, the rest is all from 'normal' cycling. The pictures of the buildings you're talking about are taken in my city.

merdenoms
10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
hey guys! do you know what sort of novels erno likes to read? i wanna catch up on some literary reading.im already through with my final exams and i want something to do to get me out of this rut. this is turning out to be one of the worst hiatus in my life.:sad can anyone in here give me the titles or authors of the books or novels that he likes to read? please..i'm really desperate..i know he likes to read russian novels but can you guys give me any specific work? sorry.im just feeling ridiculously sad today.

RGK
10-24-2008, 07:47 PM
what Erno's draw for Paris!?

elmolover
10-24-2008, 07:51 PM
what Erno's draw for Paris!?

He isn't playing Paris, knee injury:sad:

estrela
10-24-2008, 08:26 PM
I feel sorry for you Cath and Ellen :hug: Sorry for bringing it up again :tape:.
I hope he has a good recovery.

krfreak
10-25-2008, 12:12 AM
I should be able to help, although I mostly don't know any of the rules, I just do everything by feeling lol but you can always ask if you have a problem ;)

Thanks,Cath..
Enjoy Paris!

Nadie
10-25-2008, 08:46 AM
:scratch: I think we should open a thread for newbies "How to survive the off-season without Ernests: tips and suggestions" :awww:

jitterbug
10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Muzza defeated Verdasco 6:0 6:3 in the semis :tape: I feel heaps better about Ernie's scoreline now.

Truedaisy
10-25-2008, 10:49 PM
Muzza defeated Verdasco 6:0 6:3 in the semis :tape: I feel heaps better about Ernie's scoreline now.

Yeah! At least Ernie didn't get bageled. :D Murray's certainly on a roll. Good for him!

x-flowers-x
10-26-2008, 12:18 AM

D'ya know, as much as I LOVE our Andy, I'm still quite gutted about him beating Ernie. :(
Although, at least now he has plenty of time to relax and regroup and come back for a MEGA AWESOME 2009 season.....

krfreak
10-26-2008, 04:53 AM
:scratch: I think we should open a thread for newbies "How to survive the off-season without Ernests: tips and suggestions" :awww:

Good idea, i could use the advice!:p

krfreak
10-26-2008, 04:58 AM

me too! 6:0??!:eek: wait, we shouldn't be mean..:lol:

cath85
10-29-2008, 10:24 PM
here's a link to my pics from Paris: http://picasaweb.google.fr/saule8421/Bercy2008?authkey=dqgi4jMz3_Y#

there's a lot of troicki, rafa, murray, bolelli.... I filmed bits of nole and viktor's double, although uploaded, the quality is pretty bad. the pics get better towards the end, I think I know how to take pics indoor now, good that the season isn't almost over :lol:

if you want to use some of the pics, just give me credit, I just don't have time to tag all of them now.

merdenoms
10-29-2008, 11:59 PM
thanx cath! awesome pics...:)

ChocGeek
10-30-2008, 06:28 AM
Lovely pictures, Cath. You look great in the pic with Andy:)

cath85
10-30-2008, 09:44 AM
Lovely pictures, Cath. You look great in the pic with Andy:)

hajnal
10-30-2008, 11:35 AM
Great pics, Cath. Thanks! :)

cath85
10-30-2008, 12:16 PM
ellen, you're not even commenting about the shirtless pics? :p and about the bolelli pics? oh I see you're mad because I don't have him shirtless... well you should talk with him about that :lol:

but-it's-ok
10-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the pics Cath, they're nice:hug:

Nono
10-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Cath, I was at Bercy too, and my pics are like yours… it’s really hard to take great pics indoor:shrug:…
here is the link : http://picasaweb.google.com/no9mi9/Bercy2008Qualifications# (no Ernests :tears:, but a lot of Troicki :yeah: )

cath85
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Cath, I was at Bercy too, and my pics are like yours… it’s really hard to take great pics indoor:shrug:…
here is the link : http://picasaweb.google.com/no9mi9/Bercy2008Qualifications# (no Ernests :tears:, but a lot of Troicki :yeah: )

oh looks like we were at the same matches! and we didn't even meet :rolleyes:

Proxima2
10-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks to Cath and Noemie! The pics are great :rocker2:
I hope next year I will be in Paris too :D

but-it's-ok
10-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Noemie,thanks,lovely pics too:hug: I plan to be in Paris also,next year:bounce:

cath85
10-30-2008, 03:13 PM

really?? I don't know what will be going on with me next year (since I normally won't be at uni anymore) but I really hope I can go too!

Proxima2
10-30-2008, 03:17 PM

:woohoo: Why not rent the whole court for the Gulbistards next year, eh?

but-it's-ok
10-30-2008, 03:19 PM
I have to venture outside of a tournament in England one day:lol: I've just booked my next years holidays, and they include that week;) It would be great for me to meet other Gulbistards there:dance: I hope you can be there next year too Cath;)

Yeah Stella,we're all hopefully going to be holding court for Erno;)

Nono
10-30-2008, 03:27 PM
oh looks like we were at the same matches! and we didn't even meet :rolleyes:

I didn't see you there... but for sure we were at the same matches(except monday:mad:)...our pics are hardly the same!!!

Why not rent the whole court for the Gulbistards next year, eh?

Hey!! good idea !

cath85
10-30-2008, 03:29 PM
I didn't see you there... but for sure we were at the same matches(except monday:mad:)...our pics are hardly the same!!!

where did you sit during troicki-rochus?

Nono
10-30-2008, 03:37 PM
where did you sit during troicki-rochus?

I was behind the umpire (but I moved during the match...at the end, I was next to the Troicki's coach ;) )

cath85
10-30-2008, 03:43 PM
I was behind the umpire (but I moved during the match...at the end, I was next to the Troicki's coach ;) )

hmm I didn't see troicki's coach, but it looke like you took some pics from the same angle I took mine from :p

Nono
10-30-2008, 04:00 PM
hmm I didn't see troicki's coach, but it looke like you took some pics from the same angle I took mine from :p

I think I tried every side of the court during this match;), but most of the time I was behind the umpire (opposite the coachs'box). and you, where did you sit (I want to find you on my pics!!!)??

cath85
10-30-2008, 04:07 PM
I think I tried every side of the court during this match;), but most of the time I was behind the umpire (opposite the coachs'box). and you, where did you sit (I want to find you on my pics!!!)??

lol I checked your pics I'm not on them. I was sitting close to the coaches box, do you know where the ballkids were sitting? I was just at their right. are you on none of my pics?

Nono
10-30-2008, 04:20 PM
lol I checked your pics I'm not on them. I was sitting close to the coaches box, do you know where the ballkids were sitting? I was just at their right. are you on none of my pics?

I don't think so :).. ok, I understand what you mean... I was indeed in the same place during troicki-rochus...:rolleyes:

cath85
10-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't think so :).. ok, I understand what you mean... I was indeed in the same place during troicki-rochus...:rolleyes:

hmmm :scratch: I was with a whole bunch of girls, second row I think. what do you look like? :p

Nono
10-30-2008, 04:37 PM
hmmm :scratch: I was with a whole bunch of girls, second row I think. what do you look like? :p

I was wearing a black pullover and a purple skarf... I remember the whole bunch of girls, maybe I will find you on one of my not uploaded pics... I will send you (private message) next week (Sorry, I have to go and I will be absent until monday)...

cath85
10-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I was wearing a black pullover and a purple skarf... I remember the whole bunch of girls, maybe I will find you on one of my not uploaded pics... I will send you (private message) next week (Sorry, I have to go and I will be absent until monday)...

I might have seen you. I was wearing a white scarf :p see you on monday :wavey:

ellen_
10-30-2008, 06:22 PM
ellen, you're not even commenting about the shirtless pics? :p and about the bolelli pics? oh I see you're mad because I don't have him shirtless... well you should talk with him about that :lol:

Haha, there are some people who actually work Cath :p I saw all the pics, the shirtless ones I saw a couple of times ;) They're lovely, thx. I'll definitely have a word with Simone for not changing his shirt while you were taking pictures :mad:
btw, you're picturing me here as a very shallow person :lol: I watch tennis for other reasons too, besides men!

cath85
10-30-2008, 06:24 PM
Haha, there are some people who actually work Cath :p I saw all the pics, the shirtless ones I saw a couple of times ;) They're lovely, thx. I'll definitely have a word with Simone for not changing his shirt while you were taking pictures :mad:

pfff I worked too today. first time I actually did something concrete for uni today :rolleyes: (I have a crazy week next week I remind you :p will have to work seriously for a week now :tears: )

ellen_
10-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Have you been alone with 30 kids between 6 and 8 years old for two hours? :lol: My head is about to :explode: But I'm going out, to forget the last couple of days! :p

cath85
10-30-2008, 06:36 PM
Have you been alone with 30 kids between 6 and 8 years old for two hours? :lol: My head is about to :explode: But I'm going out, to forget the last couple of days! :p

no but I've been with Homère, Verhaeren, Euripide and so on for the whole day, my head is like yours lol have fun then, I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow to go out

Truedaisy
10-30-2008, 07:50 PM
:woohoo: Why not rent the whole court for the Gulbistards next year, eh?

Hey, if many of you are going to be there, I'll go too! It would be so nice to meet you all! :D

ClubFed
10-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Cath :yeah: Lovin' the Bolelli pics :lol:

Proxima2
10-30-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey, if many of you are going to be there, I'll go too! It would be so nice to meet you all! :D

Yesss! :bounce: :bounce:

ellen_
10-30-2008, 09:09 PM
And are we even gathering when he decides not to play again? :lol: Gosh, I'm looking forward to next year already! Because if I have to go all alone with that Cath-girl again... :haha: I'm only joking, Cath! The meeting was worth the trip, really :) I hope I'll get into that great shopping mall then, though :scratch: And I hope I won't have a stupid headache... :rolleyes:

cath85
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Because if I have to go all alone with that Cath-girl again... :haha:

that cath-girl? :lol: what did I do to make you say that? :p

but-it's-ok
10-30-2008, 09:41 PM

:dance: Great,the more the merrier:yippee:

Truedaisy
10-31-2008, 02:10 AM
Is anyone planning on going to Wimbledon? I've checked the website to see how to obtain tickets. I don't know how it works exactly- never been to it- but it seems you have to enter a lottery before December or queue up on the day of the event. Either way, it seems hard to get tickets..:(

ellen_
10-31-2008, 06:34 AM
Is anyone planning on going to Wimbledon? I've checked the website to see how to obtain tickets. I don't know how it works exactly- never been to it- but it seems you have to enter a lottery before December or queue up on the day of the event. Either way, it seems hard to get tickets..:(

I'm planning on going to Wimbledon. I've been there last year and we queued then...for 3 hours. But apparently the queue wasn't even long on that day :lol: So I've entered the public ballot this year, but if you even get the opportunity to obtain tickets you won't have the choice on which day you want to go I think. And I don't think you can even chose if you wanna get a single or a double ticket! It's really hard to get tickets for a showcourt... So I'm afraid we'll have to go the day before, stay overnight and get up very early to get in the queue and HOPE there will be still tickets for a big court.

jitterbug
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
The mystery heats up :scratch: my friend saw Ernie in Paris yesterday, sitting around in his hoodie at Bercy.

cath85
10-31-2008, 11:15 PM
The mystery heats up :scratch: my friend saw Ernie in Paris yesterday, sitting around in his hoodie at Bercy.

noooooo :eek: is she really sure it's him? I'm having a hard time imagining him watching another match actually

jitterbug
10-31-2008, 11:53 PM
noooooo :eek: is she really sure it's him? I'm having a hard time imagining him watching another match actually

It's a he :p Fitz, to be more precise. I would've discounted the report if it had been some random spectator, but Fitz knows his stuff.

I can't see Ernie watching another tennis match either, but then Fitz has a player guest pass and it could've been in the lounge. I'll ask him to elaborate the next time I talk to him. It sounds weird that Ernie would hang around this long in Bercy if it had been him.

cath85
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
It's a he :p Fitz, to be more precise. I would've discounted the report if it had been some random spectator, but Fitz knows his stuff.

I can't see Ernie watching another tennis match either, but then Fitz has a player guest pass and it could've been in the lounge. I'll ask him to elaborate the next time I talk to him. It sounds weird that Ernie would hang around this long in Bercy if it had been him.

oops sorry he :p yeah it really sounds weird, but what bothers me is that I had a dream he was in Paris while I was there, I just couldn't find him :lol:

Truedaisy
11-01-2008, 12:00 AM
I'm planning on going to Wimbledon. I've been there last year and we queued then...for 3 hours. But apparently the queue wasn't even long on that day :lol: So I've entered the public ballot this year, but if you even get the opportunity to obtain tickets you won't have the choice on which day you want to go I think. And I don't think you can even chose if you wanna get a single or a double ticket! It's really hard to get tickets for a showcourt... So I'm afraid we'll have to go the day before, stay overnight and get up very early to get in the queue and HOPE there will be still tickets for a big court.

OMG, is it that bad? That's what I'm afraid of. Regardless, I'll enter the lottery and queue up. I've read that people camp out the night before :tape: and that there can be a festive atmosphere around that. Don't think I'll go that route but will definitely get up very early to be in line... should be interesting. It would be very nice to meet you there and other Gulbistards from this forum! :yippee:

ClubFed
11-01-2008, 01:16 AM
WTF, another Gulbistard mystery?!?! :speakles:

ETA: Did Matt take pics?

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 01:40 AM
WTF, another Gulbistard mystery?!?! :speakles:

ETA: Did Matt take pics?

I asked him but he hasn't replied. If he saw 'Ernie' in the players lounge I don't think he got a pic. Fitz is rather uncomfortable with taking candid shots in the players' private space, if I remember right.

ClubFed
11-01-2008, 02:21 AM
I asked him but he hasn't replied. If he saw 'Ernie' in the players lounge I don't think he got a pic. Fitz is rather uncomfortable with taking candid shots in the players' private space, if I remember right.

Oh, that's okay. I'd be uncomfortable too :) Hmm, weird that he'd hang around there, as he doesn't like spending time around the locker room or such places. Do we know when that esportslv commenter saw him in Jurmala?

ellen_
11-01-2008, 07:31 AM
OMG, is it that bad? That's what I'm afraid of. Regardless, I'll enter the lottery and queue up. I've read that people camp out the night before :tape: and that there can be a festive atmosphere around that. Don't think I'll go that route but will definitely get up very early to be in line... should be interesting. It would be very nice to meet you there and other Gulbistards from this forum! :yippee:

Haha yeah that's right. I think there were like 30 people camping there (at 9am, and they were sitting there for the next day) I don't think I would do that, I'll just get up very early ;)

Erno in Paris? :rolleyes: He can't be serious....

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 08:11 AM
Erno in Paris? :rolleyes: He can't be serious....

Like I said, hardly likely. Since it's Fitz I wouldn't want to discard it just yet. He could've made an honest mistake, but the way you phrased it makes it sound like you're accusing him of being a liar.

ellen_
11-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh no, I didn't mean it that way :lol: Sorry if you understood it that way, really. The 'he' in my sentence means Ernests. Sorry :)

I think you can imagine that I don't think it's funny if he would've decided to visit Bercy anyway, although if he is injured. The thought of him being at the same place as I was it not nice.

underyourbridge
11-01-2008, 10:32 AM
He is said to be seen in the theater in Rīga two days ago according to few posters on different forums. They said he was looking good. However I fully understand why he would like to quit from Latvia - yellow press is tearing him apart right now... :sobbing:
They are writing very unpleasant things about him and his family.

cath85
11-01-2008, 10:46 AM
He is said to be seen in the theater in Rīga two days ago according to few posters on different forums. They said he was looking good. However I fully understand why he would like to quit from Latvia - yellow press is tearing him apart right now... :sobbing:

yeah I can understand those things are happening now... it only takes one rumor to get the process started.

but man I wish I was able to read those forums :p

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 11:09 AM

Somebody showed me the article from Vakara ziņas today. Speculation and damned bollocks :mad: :shout:

underyourbridge
11-01-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes, that article :smash:

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 11:16 AM
Yes, that article :smash:

:armed: :hug: :awww:

Yaniss showed me an article from vipi.lv yesterday - I think it's identical to the one in Vakara zinas :retard: somebody seems to have an overactive, vicious imagination.

cath85
11-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm getting curious about what the article said now :lol:

ellen_
11-01-2008, 11:27 AM
What the f*ck is that all about? How can you possibly put that much crap all in ONE article? It's not funny but it's so stupid that I had to laugh...

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm getting curious about what the article said now :lol:

Very bad things :shrug: if people said that about your family member you'd want to murder them.

cath85
11-01-2008, 12:17 PM
okay I read the article now, I don't understand why you would make up this kind of stuff but whatever...

ekkikossar
11-01-2008, 01:29 PM
He is a star in Latvia. I think we and Ernests should have been expecting this kind of gossip.
Of course im sorry (and sickened) by this, but I just hope he can ignore it all and, morover, that this sort of misinformation wont spread out of Latvia. If so, it would be harder to handle this.

If I was Ainars, I would just sue everyone.:devil:

Nadie
11-01-2008, 02:29 PM
okay I read the article now, I don't understand why you would make up this kind of stuff but whatever...

I totally agree with Catherine and Camilla :)

maybe the Latvian-Russian translator I use isn't the best one, but I understood this article from vipi.lv moreorless and it's just an ordinary piece of :bs: from yellow media and nothing more :p

if you are star in your country - you have to be ready that one day you'll read some bs about yourself :shrug:

cath85
11-01-2008, 02:31 PM
I totally agree with Catherine and Camilla :)

maybe the Latvian-Russian translator I use isn't the best one, but I understood this article from vipi.lv moreorless and it's just an ordinary piece of :bs: from yellow media and nothing more :p

if you are star in your country - you have to be ready that one day you'll read some bs about yourself :shrug:

yeah I used translation too, I tried in French and in English, I only understood bits of it though :lol: but it's enough to say that it's :bs:

cath85
11-01-2008, 03:34 PM
a girl from the French forum heard the security guards talk about Erno in Paris, so it seems like he really was there. I wonder what he was doing there though

Truedaisy
11-01-2008, 04:24 PM

I got curious too and used the google translator.... It's clear that they're milking the incident for what it's worth and hoping to get some traction by their sensationalistic riffs on it. :( NO CAN DO! Ernie is one of nicest :angel: most appealing personalities in tennis today and his character will bury any mud they throw on him.

:fiery: :armed: :smash: :shout: :timebomb: :ignore: to those trying to smear him and his family.

but-it's-ok
11-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Its frightening the things people will write to try to damage a famous persons reputation:scared:
:armed::fiery::shout::timebomb: It will all:explode:in the faces of the perpetrators, no matter where they come from. It sickens me, when people from any walk of life let alone people who write things in newspapers just decide to dislike/hate someone, and stop at nothing to try to smear them, their families and their associates:banghead:

I just hope Erno can stay above all of this nonsense and realise that he's doing a lot of good things for sport in Latvia, he's a terrific model for other young sportsmen the world over to follow. Please Erno,stay strong, and don't let them grind you down,they're not worth it;) You're a valuable asset to Latvia, and the vast majority of Latvians are rightly proud of you and your achievements so far;)

My other worry is that Erno will develop a fear of the media in general. It would be a great pity since he deals with media with great charm and maturity.

Be who you are Erno, not what people want you to be;):hug:

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
He is in Paris.

Fitz was with another friend of ours, James, who initially didn't believe it was Ernie. Then Fitz made James pretend to get something near Ernie and James agreed that it is him.

Zara...

We didnt get any pics of ernie...but he was defo there...sat in the players lounge eating something...(not sure what)...lounging around on oue of the sofas...

Quite random!

cath85
11-01-2008, 10:38 PM
He is in Paris.

Fitz was with another friend of ours, James, who initially didn't believe it was Ernie. Then Fitz made James pretend to get something near Ernie and James agreed that it is him.

thanks Z! I'm still wondering WHY he is there though :p

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 10:44 PM
thanks Z! I'm still wondering WHY he is there though :p

Aren't we all :shrug:

Fitz
11-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Hi guys,

I can 100% say it was Ernie in the lounge. We made eye contact once and I immediately knew it was him. My thoughts were the same as all of yours ... wtf is he in Bercy. It was him though.

He was sporting a burgundy Adidas sweatshirt and jeans and was sitting on a Siberian tiger patterned couch. He was talking to some older guests. He seemed relaxed. I didn't take a photo because it would be rude and inappropriate to do.

Hope this helps. :D

cath85
11-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Aren't we all :shrug:

I guess we are :lol: I bet he got the food for free that's why he ate there :p

Hi guys,

I can 100% say it was Ernie in the lounge. We made eye contact once and I immediately knew it was him. My thoughts were the same as all of yours ... wtf is he in Bercy. It was him though.

He was sporting a burgundy Adidas sweatshirt and jeans and was sitting on a Siberian tiger patterned couch. He was talking to some older guests. He seemed relaxed. I didn't take a photo because it would be rude and inappropriate to do.

thanks a lot ;)

jitterbug
11-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Hi guys,

:lol: you're very detailed, for sure!

Thanks Matt :hatoff:

ChocGeek
11-01-2008, 11:32 PM

The article is sick:mad::fiery: Action should be taken to take down such misleading articles from the web:armed:
Clearly shows how they fail to know Ernests as a person.

EternalxJourney
11-02-2008, 01:50 AM
I'm too lazy to look up the article but honestly I don't wanna know what the article said. I just hope Ernie can put all that garbage aside and concentrate on his preparation for next season. Let your tennis do the talking.

ekkikossar
11-02-2008, 01:56 AM
thanks Z! I'm still wondering WHY he is there though :p Because he loves being in Paris, and its better for him to stay a bit away from Latvia, where it would be difficult not to pay attention to what the media says these days - while Paris is a free land. thats my thought.:p
and lets not forget the food for free in bercy, as cath suggested! :lol:

ClubFed
11-02-2008, 03:28 AM
Thanks so much for the update, Matt :hug:

On a much lighter note, looks like he ditched the hoodie for a burgundy one :p

but-it's-ok
11-02-2008, 07:33 AM
Thanks Matt.

He's entitled to enjoy himself in Paris,even if he couldn't play there:p Why he's at Bercy,well could be commercial reasons,who knows:shrug: I can understand those of you that were in Paris feeling a bit sensitive about his presence there though;)

Don't bury the blue hoodie Erno:awww: Burgundy on a red head:lol:

NeverSayDie
11-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the update Matt :yeah:

I'm too lazy to look up the article but honestly I don't wanna know what the article said. I just hope Ernie can put all that garbage aside and concentrate on his preparation for next season. Let your tennis do the talking.

Agreed :worship:

estrela
11-02-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not even going to comment on the artical because it's garbage :rolleyes:

Hi guys,

Thanks, it has :)

Don't bury the blue hoodie Erno:awww: Burgundy on a red head:lol:

:lol:

ellen_
11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't want to watch the Bercy final but I'm just watching it because Ernests might be there too :rolleyes: I can feel some Erno in the atmosphere :p
I haven't seen him though :(

And he's not wearing the hoodie because it's either being washed or ruined (some blood issue) ;)
I still love the blue hoodie (to wear and to see on Erno), but a burgundy one with a jeans is fine for me too :lick:

Edit: I actually hope Ernie is at the match right now, both players are putting great effort and the atmosphere is just great. French... (I mean boo-ing Nalby) but great.

Truedaisy
11-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the post! :D Who would've thought he's at Bercy. :rolleyes: Was he seen with any kind of bandage on his arm or did the sweatshirt hide it? If he's still on the road after the accident, then he must be well and it must have been a minor one indeed. That's a relief! :D

Proxima2
11-02-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks Matt! :yeah:

rafaelita
11-03-2008, 08:17 AM
Hi everybody!
I'm having a tough beginning of a new week and I'm already sickened by the bad news (the press about Ernests). I’ve read the posts and I’ve even tried to open the vipi.lv page. I didn’t go further because the yellow made me dizzy :eek:. The fact is that yellow press is so disgusting that it’s really not worth mentioning. To write that garbage about someone that brings attention and a lot of other good stuff to your country is plain stupid. To start picking on his family like that … it just makes me throw up, pardon my language. :mad:
I really hoped (for Ernests’s sake) that it would all end after Mr Gulbis’ declarations and they would leave him alone to go on with his life. Unfortunately, this is still a good subject for all the hyenas out there. That is so sad; I don’t know what else to say. It is a big disappointment for me. I was afraid that the rumor mill would not stop so easily after the incident (due to the way that it was handled and to the fact that declarations came out so late after), but I never thought it would get such amplitude. :confused:
I don’t get it. In my book, when you care for somebody, you do whatever you can to make sure he’s ok, you don’t just throw mud at him and his family, you don’t go out of your way to damage him, his image and his carrier. Am I right? On the other hand, all this bad stuff that keeps happening to him lately hopefully will strengthen him, because if and when he gets bigger, the BS written about him in a certain part of the press will get bigger too. So this should prepare him for that situation. Hopefully.

I’m sorry about yet another too long post :p, but I had to speak my mind about this.

Take care everybody and please don’t contribute to this crappy situation (well, I’m just saying that, because we really have no means to change anything, unfortunately).
This is a sad day indeed.

ps: to all the hyenas out there, yellow or not, :toothy::armed: