Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere: The Indoor Thread! [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

Brr, it's cold in here! There must be some Erno in the atmosphere: The Indoor Thread!

Pages : 1 [2] 3

ellen_
10-08-2008, 07:23 AM
I can't image that Erno would look 'bulky' :lol: he weighs less than some players who are even smaller. Okay I haven't seen him yet in real person but I don't feel like I see players differently in live either :shrug: And I have good eyes because I eat a lot of carrots ;)

So...2 options guys... You all need glasses OR you all should stop smoking illegal things :smoke:

jitterbug
10-08-2008, 07:40 AM
I can't image that Erno would look 'bulky' :lol: he weighs less than some players who are even smaller. Okay I haven't seen him yet in real person but I don't feel like I see players differently in live either :shrug: And I have good eyes because I eat a lot of carrots ;)

So...2 options guys... You all need glasses OR you all should stop smoking illegal things :smoke:

Ernie is pretty bulky. He really put on some weight (in muscles, hopefully) over last December. I've seen him in person in January 2007 and 2008 and there was a clear difference.

Anyway, Evita (I think? or was it someone else) told me Ernie said in an interview that his real weight's about 10 kilos higher than the one published on the ATP site, which is from last year.

ellen_
10-08-2008, 07:49 AM
Oh well, he probably had a nice Christmas dinner :lol: It will be muscles but does that make a person bulky? :p Maybe I have a different way of interpreting the word but I'm going to keep doubting that untill I saw him! A reason more for me to go to his qualies in Paris...

jitterbug
10-08-2008, 08:26 AM
A reason more for me to go to his qualies in Paris...

Incentives, incentives :aplot:

snjeguljica
10-08-2008, 09:05 AM
i just laughed so much to this discussion :lol:
well, i'm 180 cm so i don't think his cca 190 cm is gigantic at all :p

ellen_
10-08-2008, 09:06 AM
Incentives, incentives :aplot:

I'm just waiting for some news from the train company because I really can't figure out how I should get to Paris and back to Lokeren :rolleyes: I can travel alone by airplane but I keep struggling with those damn trains :lol: So I'm looking for the easiest route without changing from train like 5 times (bad experiences :p) But I'm dying here, it takes so long for them to answer my question!

cath85
10-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I'm just waiting for some news from the train company because I really can't figure out how I should get to Paris and back to Lokeren :rolleyes: I can travel alone by airplane but I keep struggling with those damn trains :lol: So I'm looking for the easiest route without changing from train like 5 times (bad experiences :p) But I'm dying here, it takes so long for them to answer my question!

I hope you get an answer soon! I put an option on that train ticket on the saturday morning, I think I'm gonna take it, although it's kinda expensive... but I would have to get rid of the huge suitcase I will be carrying around :rolleyes:

ellen_
10-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I have to go to work in 30 minutes so I'll probably keep thinking about that untill I get home again when I can rush to my mailbox :lol: and after that I'll rush to the scoreboard. You can ask Erno if he wants to put your suitcase in his locker...? :p

Or you should leave some things at home ;) Women always take too much, you know. My suitcase once weighed 45kilos, last year when I went to Tenerife for ONE(!) week :haha: ridiculous, I couldn't believe it myself. I still think that cute steward messed with it :p He was a bit too friendly to us at 4 in the morning :lol: It was getting suspicious.

cath85
10-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I have to go to work in 30 minutes so I'll probably keep thinking about that untill I get home again when I can rush to my mailbox :lol: and after that I'll rush to the scoreboard. You can ask Erno if he wants to put your suitcase in his locker...? :p

good idea. I'm sure he has enough room! I don't know why I'm thinking he's gonna be even more scared of me after that :lol:

cath85
10-08-2008, 12:12 PM
do you think ernie will go to the players party tonight? :lol: http://www.bankaustria-tennistrophy.at/de/showprogramm_players-party.html
just wondering :p

Proxima2
10-08-2008, 12:41 PM
do you think ernie will go to the players party tonight? :lol: http://www.bankaustria-tennistrophy.at/de/showprogramm_players-party.html
just wondering :p

Maybe :confused:… if he likes RNB and House music… :o

cath85
10-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Maybe :confused:… if he likes RNB and House music… :o

I hope camilla goes :p
she must be at the match now btw

Proxima2
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Well, I hope Ernests is not hard on himself, it was a good match, regardless.
He never let himself get discouraged! The best is coming, I'm sure :)
Ernests, I wish you all the best! :)

btw, no news about Madrid?

cath85
10-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, I hope Ernests is not hard on himself, it was a good match, regardless.
He never let himself get discouraged! The best is coming, I'm sure :)
Ernests, I wish you all the best! :)

btw, no news about Madrid?

not even in the 3rd set? :lol:
no, I don't know anything about madrid

Proxima2
10-08-2008, 08:51 PM
not even in the 3rd set? :lol:
no, I don't know anything about madrid

;)

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 09:00 AM
The Madrid wildcards went to Safin, Moya and an unannounced Italian player :p Erno better know what he's doing - his name's still not on the qualies entry list :silly:

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
The Madrid wildcards went to Safin, Moya and an unannounced Italian player :p Erno better know what he's doing - his name's still not on the qualies entry list :silly:

:eek: :unsure:

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Let's hope the tournament press officer mistyped 'Latvian' as 'Italian' :tape:

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 09:12 AM
Let's hope the tournament press officer mistyped 'Latvian' as 'Italian' :tape:

be sure of that…:rolleyes:

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Letón... Italiano.. Not that hard to make a typo, really :p

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 09:26 AM
Letón... Italiano.. Not that hard to make a typo, really :p

uh… yes… :lol:

maybe the guy who made the typo is also… deaf :)

amdany
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM

how many wild-cards a player has the right to have?:scratch: because as much as I love Marat, I think that sometimes he doesn't deserve them:o

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 09:45 AM
After watching Ernie's match yesterday, the organisers probably thought that Marat would be the more mentally stable wildcard choice :tape:

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 09:50 AM
After watching Ernie's match yesterday, the organisers probably thought that Marat would be the more mentally stable wildcard choice :tape:

:haha: :spit:

amdany
10-09-2008, 09:51 AM

probably:tape: but Marat and mentally stable do Not belong in the same sentence either.:tape:

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 10:19 AM
He may skip over Madrid to better prepare St Petersburg (with 60 points to defend)… :confused:
What do you think about that?

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 10:29 AM
The main draw comes out at 6pm Saturday, so he has 2 days to hope that at least 2 people in the main draw would pull out.

He may ask for a wildcard into qualifying.. and he might also blow the whole thing off.

cath85
10-09-2008, 10:31 AM
The main draw comes out at 6pm Saturday, so he has 2 days to hope that at least 2 people in the main draw would pull out.

He may ask for a wildcard into qualifying.. and he might also blow the whole thing off.

that's what I'm afraid of right now. don't know why, but after Vienna that wouldn't really surprise me

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Cath, I found this article about Wetter and Ernests, but it's in german… :confused:
Could you translate it (not the whole article), only if there is something interesting or new? ;)
Thanks!
http://www.laola1.at/128+M5b519edeea7.html

cath85
10-09-2008, 10:45 AM
Cath, I found this article about Wetter and Ernests, but it's in german… :confused:
Could you translate it (not the whole article), only if there is something interesting or new? ;)
Thanks!

no problem. I have to go to uni now, I'll translate it when I get back ;)

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Karl calls Ernie Ernie too :lol: how cute.

He said Ernests is inquisitive, asks a lot of questions but is a pretty complicated person.

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
And he said Ernests will spend the off-season training in Hawaii :aplot:

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 11:00 AM
Hey, thanks Zahirah! :D

rafaelita
10-09-2008, 11:46 AM
And he said Ernests will spend the off-season training in Hawaii :aplot:

hawaii? that will really help the focus part. i would rather train in the mountains, like rocky :devil:
also, i would get rid of the black outfit, it has brought nothing but bad stuff. i first saw him in black in the match against roddick, at uso, and that was a horrible morning :( after that, there were lots of r1 and r2 losses. ugly stuff.

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
He wore an awesome black shirt in Mons last year, which he won ;)

And I think the one he's wearing now is supposed to be navy/yellow, but it just looks like a murkish grey.

rafaelita
10-09-2008, 11:58 AM
He wore an awesome black shirt in Mons last year, which he won ;)

And I think the one he's wearing now is supposed to be navy/yellow, but it just looks like a murkish grey.

guess you're right. but that was last year. all these lost matches, i don't know, they're just too many. they've turned me into a superstitious person ;) the red outfit from garros was brilliant :)

but-it's-ok
10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I don't want to sound like a stuck record:D:awww:Erno:hug::hug: That defeat is gonna hurt:sad::sad: I saw the tie-break score and a story on Sky Text and I knew he'd had missed so many matchpoints in that tie-break:awww:

I am sorry I couldn't follow the score with you guys and big:hug::hug: to all those of you that did, or were at the match. I just presumed he wasn't going to play yesterday after playing on Tuesday, and I never thought he'd be playing again y'day:awww: So, I didn't go to the library or go on a friends internet connection:sad:

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 01:22 PM
Don't worry Di, I posted in the livescore thread that it was lucky you missed it :lol: It would've just ruined your whole day.

but-it's-ok
10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
I was already having a bad day anyhow Zahirah:lol:

Its not looking good for Madrid for Ernests:bigcry:,I cant see two pull-outs coming before the MD now, he's not in qualifying, he's not going to get a wild-card:help:

cath85
10-09-2008, 02:35 PM
Thanks!

I'll directly translate the parts about ernie, will give a summery of the rest.

the time Wetter has for his family is precious, he's only been in Austria for nine and a half week this year.

the reason is simple: he takes care of the Latvian shooting star Ernests Gulbis, who is one of the biggest taltents on the tour.
They've been working together since November 2007 and experts say Gulbis is capable to get into the top 10, maybe even no 1.
"He's very talented" that's also Wetter's opinion, "but talent is not enough, that's another fact."

"Erni" as he is called by Wetter, (" I can't pronounce the second S in Ernests") is said to have a complicated personality though.
"I know he is said to have a complicated personality" Wetter confirms "but I don't know why people say that. It's basically easy to work with him. He asks a lot and wants to know many things. It's fun to work with him."
But how did Wetter find his rough diamond? "His agency called me in October last year. After 2 weeks of test practise, we saw that the chemistry was right"

After the preparation for the season in Hawaii, Wetter went to the ATP tour with his disciple. But the start was tough.
During the first 4 months and a half he was either sick or injured. Be it with the tonsils or the wisdom teeth. Only during the clay season things went slowly better. With his quarterfinal in RG he caused for the first time a furore (does that expression exist in English?) At the masters series in Cincinnati he was also under the last 8. "Since then he's been a bit unlucky with the draws. But mostly he played really well. For Wetter the biggest potential for improvement is in the tactical area. "He has to become more stable and solid. Sometimes he plays 120 % instead of 100." A part from that his biggest flaw would be "his youth and his lack of experience"

Wetter has been Melzer's coach and brought him to no 28 in the world... He doesn't see his family too much. "when your kids are 10 and 13 years old, there is not much time left to spend with them anyway. At 18 they'll be sitting in their car and drive to their gf". His wife is very understanding, she was a wta player. In November he'll see his family again, before they go practise in Hawaii. But after 13 years of experience, he knows that November is the dullest moment of the year (weatherwise)...

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Thank you so much, Cath! :kiss: :bowdown:
It's very interesting (personality, Hawai…) :aplot:

cath85
10-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Thank you so much, Cath! :kiss: :bowdown:
It's very interesting (personality, Hawai…) :aplot:

I know :aplot:
you're welcome ;)

Proxima2
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I know :aplot:
you're welcome ;)

:rolls: :angel: :angel: :angel:

ClubFed
10-09-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the translation, Cath :yeah:

BTW, what language do Ernie and Karl use to talk to each other?

rafaelita
10-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the translation, Cath :yeah:

BTW, what language do Ernie and Karl use to talk to each other?

maybe english? although ernests said in interviews that he understands a little bit of german. i'd like to hear him speaking german :D
does anyone know by any chance which agency manages him? just curious :angel:

cath85
10-09-2008, 04:04 PM
you're welcome. they speak English. Ainars and K-H speak in English too :p
and I would love to hear Ernie speak German too. I should ask him something in German in Paris :lol:

rafaelita
10-09-2008, 04:08 PM
you're welcome. they speak English. Ainars and K-H speak in English too :p
and I would love to hear Ernie speak German too. I should ask him something in German in Paris :lol:

:worship: pls, maybe you get an audio of it, it should be priceless

rafaelita
10-09-2008, 04:12 PM
thanks for the translation too, cath. my german is so rusty, i didn't understand much of the original. :hatoff:

ClubFed
10-09-2008, 04:17 PM
thanks guys :) I'm kinda surprised that he didn't pick up German, since he trained in Munich when he was little, has an apartment there, and his dad primarily works in Germany (I think). But I mean, he did say he was too lazy to learn the whole language :lol:

cath85
10-09-2008, 04:28 PM
thanks guys :) I'm kinda surprised that he didn't pick up German, since he trained in Munich when he was little, has an apartment there, and his dad primarily works in Germany (I think). But I mean, he did say he was too lazy to learn the whole language :lol:

and I see some similarities between German and Latvian. I'm sure he understands quite a lot, I should really test how much he understands in Paris :p

girlscout
10-09-2008, 04:35 PM
thanks for the translation cath!
training in Hawaii? haha better book the flight ticket to Hawaii now!!

girlscout
10-09-2008, 04:37 PM
does anyone know by any chance which agency manages him? just curious :angel:
i thought his dad took care of all those commercial, sponsership stuff. and he doesn't have a media representative. but now it seems he is with some agency. but i guess it's not IMG or sfx. i couldn't find his name on their client list.

estrela
10-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the translation Cath :D
Finally an interview that's not a repeat of all the others :p even if it's with KHW.

underyourbridge
10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
I'll directly translate the parts about ernie, will give a summery of the rest.

Thanks! :worship:
One similar article: http://www.sportnet.at/melzer-trennung_nie_bereut.urla

Is there something interesting or all the same? :confused:

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Not really little. He enrolled in Pilic's academy since he was 13, yes, but he only attended training camps there once or twice a year because he was still in junior high in Latvia.

He said he only started training in Munich full-time after he finished junior high (they call it 'primary school'/'basic education'). The 'basic education' generally takes up 9 years, so if he first attends school at the age of 6, then maybe he finished junior high around.. 15?

ClubFed
10-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Not really little. He enrolled in Pilic's academy since he was 13, yes, but he only attended training camps there once or twice a year because he was still in junior high in Latvia.

He said he only started training in Munich full-time after he finished junior high (they call it 'primary school'/'basic education'). The 'basic education' generally takes up 9 years, so if he first attends school at the age of 6, then maybe he finished junior high around.. 15?

Thanks for the clarification :) I was under the impression that he was actually a full time academy kid. Hmmm...but 15 seems like a long time ago, even for him :lol:

cath85
10-09-2008, 11:24 PM
Thanks! :worship:
One similar article: http://www.sportnet.at/melzer-trennung_nie_bereut.urla

Is there something interesting or all the same? :confused:

it's similar, with a few new ideas. I'll just translate the most important parts:

Q: how does the collaboration with Gulbis work?
W: very well, we get along brilliantly. The past success gives us confirmation, even if this season things didn't always go according to plan.

Q: How would you describe him?
W: willing to learn, motivated, companionable (I don't find a better word in English, hope you get the idea), intelligent, consistent, determined and cool. Ernests is a great guy.He asks a lot and wants everything to be explained. But he doesn't let himself get stressed out, he cuts his own path.

then it talks more about Wetter, apparently he owns a tennis center himself.

Q: Ernests was at the niki pilic academy in Munich in his youth. How complete a player was he, when you started to work with him?
W: I saw him play for the first in NY in 2007. It's easy to see that he's a very talented boy. Pilic has done a great job. He had all the shots you need.

Q: where do you see his biggest strenghts?
W: He's dangerous in every area. He's got a great serve and his ground strokes are pretty good too. He can hit a winner out of every position. Even tactically he's improved a lot lately. But at the end of a match it's important to have made more points than errors. We're working on that.

Q: It's no secret that at the beginning Ernests didn't feel at ease on clay. Until he got into the quarterfinal at the French open.
W: He lost his first match on clay this season in Houston with 2/6 0/6. That's when I thought that we would probably skip that surface. I explained him that you can't win the point immediately on clay, but that you have to be more patient. He has said himself that he used to play in a stupid way on clay. But Paris was just sensational. He even had a chance to win against Djokovic.

underyourbridge
10-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Paldies:)

cath85
10-09-2008, 11:48 PM
Paldies:)

you're welcome ;) (how do you say that in Latvian?)

underyourbridge
10-09-2008, 11:53 PM
Nevajag pateikties! or Ņemiet par labu!:wavey:

cath85
10-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Nevajag pateikties! or Ņemiet par labu!:wavey:

paldies :p

jitterbug
10-10-2008, 12:03 AM
I thought it's ludzu :lol:

EDIT: that's 'please' :lol:

ClubFed
10-10-2008, 12:04 AM
thanks again, cath :cool:

underyourbridge
10-10-2008, 12:07 AM
Yes, you are right "Lūdzu" also suits almost always :cool:

ellen_
10-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks Cath for the translation, but I should work on my languages again so I had to read it in German ;) I can't be lazy all the time by reading your translations :lol:

-Evita-
10-10-2008, 08:56 AM
you're welcome ;) (how do you say that in Latvian?)

I thought it's ludzu :lol:

EDIT: that's 'please' :lol:

"Lūdzu" is the typical response when someone says "Paldies", it means both "please" and "you're welcome" :)

jitterbug
10-10-2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks Evita :)

rafaelita
10-10-2008, 10:14 AM
i thought his dad took care of all those commercial, sponsership stuff. and he doesn't have a media representative. but now it seems he is with some agency. but i guess it's not IMG or sfx. i couldn't find his name on their client list.

thanks for the response. i did some research and i didn't find anything. the article mentioned an agency, that's why i asked my question. thanks anyway though :wavey:

but-it's-ok
10-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the article translation Cath:hug: Its interesting to read what Karl Heinz thinks of Ernests as a person and how he thinks Ernests responds to his coaching.

ellen_
10-10-2008, 04:15 PM
No new things but I have to mention it for the one time Erno gets into Belgian media...
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/953/Tennis/article/detail/444835/2008/10/08/Gonzalez-ontsnapt-aan-exit-in-Wenen.dhtml

Gonzalez says he couldn't get into the match because Erno was hitting the balls so hard (says "el mano de piedra..." :lol:) He felt like he was too slow. He also says that Erno was in control of the match and scored a lot of winners.

And I'm wondering where Camilla is. She must be sad :awww:

Proxima2
10-10-2008, 04:28 PM
No new things but I have to mention it for the one time Erno gets into Belgian media...
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/953/Tennis/article/detail/444835/2008/10/08/Gonzalez-ontsnapt-aan-exit-in-Wenen.dhtml

Gonzalez says he couldn't get into the match because Erno was hitting the balls so hard (says "el mano de piedra..." :lol:) He felt like he was too slow. He also says that Erno was in control of the match and scored a lot of winners.

Don't rub it in :sobbing:
(I'm just teasing you! ;))
Definitely… thanks Ellen! :)

Proxima2
10-10-2008, 06:33 PM
(One SE Spot to be cleared)
OUT: Ancic (and Haas, Gicquel from ALT)
IN: Gulbis
NEXT: Moya, Ljubicic, Safin, Tipsarevic, Baghdatis, Bolelli, Melzer

He will play Madrid
:banana: :banana: :banana:

cath85
10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
He will play Madrid

banana time :banana:

Proxima2
10-10-2008, 07:54 PM
banana time :banana:

Yes Cath!
Re-mobilisation for the gulbistard army! :p

but-it's-ok
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
:woohoo::banana::banana: I am sooooooo happy for him:banana: Thanks for bringing us the joyous news Stella:hug:

jitterbug
10-11-2008, 01:15 AM
He will play Madrid

At Ancic's expense once again :bigcry: :bigcry:

RGK
10-11-2008, 01:17 AM
Good news.:worship:

ekkikossar
10-11-2008, 02:54 AM
I saw someone mentioned me in the live score thread (while on Wednesday Ernests was playing - and I was dying some metres further) and someone asked me how it was to be there and see THAT live. Well, it was just disappointing.
It was like seeing two different matches in one go. As you know, until the second set tie-break Ernests was leading the game. He was serving good, had a very solid backhand, very good drop-shots and everything was under control. maybe ernests' forehand was not so good but Gonzalez was really having a bad time. he just couldnt manage to arrive on time on Ernests' shots, and so he was running a lot and achieving very little points. I think he had hated Ernests, because he kept on playing all those short balls Fernando just couldnt reach. So, Ernests really looked superior to his opponent. Obviously I was very happy, even if it wasnt a very exciting match: Gonzalez just couldnt make his play.
But when it came to closing the match - you already know it - something clicked in Ernests' mind, I think. He wasted a lot of chances. I couldnt get what was going on, and I was just sitting there, tearing my hair out and sighing when he would make errors. Nothing evidently strange happened, to me.At least, nothing that could explain why Ernie didnt manage to win those match points.
Probably he got very nervous all by himself, while Fernando perfectly knew those points could be the key in order to win the match.So Fernando just kept his concentration and managed to win the second set. I dont know whether Ernests lost his mind in the third set or what...whether he was just annoyed or tired or he just gave himself up. I wondered (and I keep wondering) if his problem is a problem he can handle, if he wants to, or if its something he cant control yet. I dont know if Im making it clear. I dont mean Ernests doesnt want to win or he doesnt care. Im wondering if what paralyzes him is a "serious" nervous-breakdown or if its just a lack of concentration he can learn to solve.
I happen to be very concerned about it, and very sorry, too. Because its painful to see him losing, while you perfectly know he has the means to win. So it's just something unreal, something illogic, in a way. Something bad and illogic. Its like seeing a very beautiful flower growing crooked.

Anyway, to describe something you might not know, I have to say that he talked with Karl or Ainars a few times, apparently complaining about something I couldnt get. Once he told off a spectator because he was standing and walking while Gonzalez had to serve. The fact was this person was moving around his seat and Gonzalez just waited a moment before serving. When Ernests, who was ready to receive, got aware Gonzalez was waiting to serve, he just turned around, looked at that person and sarcastically said "bravo!" to him, clapping his hands.
After that, once he went wrong, as he thought it was time to go and sit down... but it wasnt! So he started walking towards his seat, but then realized he shouldnt and went back, just laughing.

Moreover, I was quite sad because I thought the Viennese people (well, the ones who watch tennis) would know him and maybe cheered for him. But everyone was silent during the match and so I felt pretty unconfortable the few times I yelled come on to ernests.i kinda was the only one, and the lady sat next to me kept gaving me bad looks because i was moaning every time ernests would make some error. once i was about to ask what was wrong with her!! I really hope he can get rid of his sort of complex which so often troubles him. He is made for going further than second rounds.

And I'm wondering where Camilla is. She must be sad :awww:I wasnt happy, of course. That evening I was meant to go with my friends to the Passage (the disco where there was the players party) but in the end I didnt want to go out and so we just stayed home and drank a lot. And we were talking about several different things...but sometimes I would sigh and start saying "Why did he lose?", even if the talk had nothing to do with my random questions.
(I hope Ernests was not there,too, or I'd kick myself.)

cath85
10-11-2008, 03:06 AM
I saw someone mentioned me in the live score thread (while on Wednesday Ernests was playing - and I was dying some metres further) and someone asked me how it was to be there and see THAT live. Well, it was just disappointing.
It was like seeing two different matches in one go. As you know, until the second set tie-break Ernests was leading the game. He was serving good, had a very solid backhand, very good drop-shots and everything was under control. maybe ernests' forehand was not so good but Gonzalez was really having a bad time. he just couldnt manage to arrive on time on Ernests' shots, and so he was running a lot and achieving very little points. I think he had hated Ernests, because he kept on playing all those short balls Fernando just couldnt reach. So, Ernests really looked superior to his opponent. Obviously I was very happy, even if it wasnt a very exciting match: Gonzalez just couldnt make his play.
But when it came to closing the match - you already know it - something clicked in Ernests' mind, I think. He wasted a lot of chances. I couldnt get what was going on, and I was just sitting there, tearing my hair out and sighing when he would make errors. Nothing evidently strange happened, to me.At least, nothing that could explain why Ernie didnt manage to win those match points.
Probably he got very nervous all by himself, while Fernando perfectly knew those points could be the key in order to win the match.So Fernando just kept his concentration and managed to win the second set. I dont know whether Ernests lost his mind in the third set or what...whether he was just annoyed or tired or he just gave himself up. I wondered (and I keep wondering) if his problem is a problem he can handle, if he wants to, or if its something he cant control yet. I dont know if Im making it clear. I dont mean Ernests doesnt want to win or he doesnt care. Im wondering if what paralyzes him is a "serious" nervous-breakdown or if its just a lack of concentration he can learn to solve.
I happen to be very concerned about it, and very sorry, too. Because its painful to see him losing, while you perfectly know he has the means to win. So it's just something unreal, something illogic, in a way. Something bad and illogic. Its like seeing a very beautiful flower growing crooked.

Anyway, to describe something you might not know, I have to say that he talked with Karl or Ainars a few times, apparently complaining about something I couldnt get. Once he told off a spectator because he was standing and walking while Gonzalez had to serve. The fact was this person was moving around his seat and Gonzalez just waited a moment before serving. When Ernests, who was ready to receive, got aware Gonzalez was waiting to serve, he just turned around, looked at that person and sarcastically said "bravo!" to him, clapping his hands.
After that, once he went wrong, as he thought it was time to go and sit down... but it wasnt! So he started walking towards his seat, but then realized he shouldnt and went back, just laughing.

Moreover, I was quite sad because I thought the Viennese people (well, the ones who watch tennis) would know him and maybe cheered for him. But everyone was silent during the match and so I felt pretty unconfortable the few times I yelled come on to ernests.i kinda was the only one, and the lady sat next to me kept gaving me bad looks because i was moaning every time ernests would make some error. once i was about to ask what was wrong with her!! I really hope he can get rid of his sort of complex which so often troubles him. He is made for going further than second rounds.

I feel like you need to be :hug:
your report doesn't sound like fun... but I totally understand what you mean. I think we should all be worried. it must have felt really bad sitting there, not being able to help him. I mean we were far away, but you were right there, watching this misery.

and I understand what you mean by a silent crowd, it was exactly the same in Metz. thank god I was sitting next to a girl who likes ernie too lol

cath85
10-11-2008, 03:08 AM
and I was wondering if you would go to the players party haha I wish you would have had a reason to go and celebrate :(

but-it's-ok
10-11-2008, 08:41 AM
Camilla you explain very well, and thank you for it:hug: Its something in his head that he will sort out, but the thing with people so talented is that its so difficult to fathom why they don't get the results they should. I also think he gets stressed out in key moments too. The good thing is now he's playing in Madrid,he hasn't had that long to dwell on it and he has a quicker than expected chance to put it out of his mind:)

Camilla I really feel for you:hug::hug::kiss: I am so sorry you had to go through all the agony:awww:

Anyway,onto Madrid. Sarauj Ernests:rocker2:

Proxima2
10-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Camilla, I feel sorry for you…:awww:
This icy crowd gave me the shivers :unsure: Not really the same temper as in Italy, eh? It's a shame… :sad:
Anyway, thanks for your report ;)

ellen_
10-11-2008, 11:30 AM
I think we're all curious about the cause of his problem, Camilla. And the question if he wants to do something about it is indeed a very good question. From my point of view, he still waiting to see what happens...I don't get the impression that he's improving on that part. I know I can be totally wrong here because Karl said it's easy to work with Erno and all that stuff. But we don't know what happens during practices, what he and Karl talk about, what they do about that problem,... Maybe it's getting too easy to work together? I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait to see what happens next season. I still think he needs some serious mental coaching. But then again, we don't know what's going on in his head.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I thought about was Bercy. It was some kind of butterfly feeling, I'm looking forward to it too much :lol:

cath85
10-11-2008, 11:32 AM
I think we're all curious about the cause of his problem, Camilla. And the question if he wants to do something about it is indeed a very good question. From my point of view, he still waiting to see what happens...I don't get the impression that he's improving on that part. I know I can be totally wrong here because Karl said it's easy to work with Erno and all that stuff. But we don't know what happens during practices, what he and Karl talk about, what they do about that problem,... Maybe it's getting too easy to work together? I don't know. I guess we'll have to wait to see what happens next season. I still think he needs some serious mental coaching. But then again, we don't know what's going on in his head.

When I woke up this morning, the first thing I thought about was Bercy. It was some kind of butterfly feeling, I'm looking forward to it too much :lol:

it's an amazing feeling isn't it? :D

ekkikossar
10-11-2008, 11:55 AM
so, ellen and cath, are the both of you going to paris bercy? Im so happy for you! Im sure it will be fun, because seeing ernests is always great (even if he loses) and also because you'll meet! I'd like to be able to come with you, too, but - seriously - I have to work and study sometimes :lol:.

cath85
10-11-2008, 12:17 PM
so, ellen and cath, are the both of you going to paris bercy? Im so happy for you! Im sure it will be fun, because seeing ernests is always great (even if he loses) and also because you'll meet! I'd like to be able to come with you, too, but - seriously - I have to work and study sometimes :lol:.

yes, we're both going on the saturday of the qualifications. and I'll stay until tuesday :D

ellen_
10-11-2008, 12:28 PM
And I'm going home ;) My mom is very surprised because I'm giving up a football match on that day. I normally don't miss a match, even when I'm sick. She was just stunned :lol: They're thinking about going to Disneyland that day btw, so I can go to Paris by car. It would save me A LOT of money but I'm not going to hope too much...

Nadie
10-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Oh Gulbisized meeting in Bercy :banana: have fun Ellen and Cath :wavey:

:awww: am I the only one here who will be in St.-Petersburg this year? :awww:

ekkikossar
10-11-2008, 04:07 PM
:awww: am I the only one here who will be in St.-Petersburg this year? :awww:I want to come to St.Petersburg, but this year I just cant. That city must be amazing.

Proxima2
10-11-2008, 05:45 PM
OOP for tomorrow is out:
Kiefer vs Gulbis
2nd match on Center Court (first match starts at 2:30 PM)

cath85
10-11-2008, 05:47 PM
OOP for tomorrow is out:
Kiefer vs Gulbis
2nd match on Center Court (first match starts at 2:30 PM)

tomorrow is sunday... :eek: okay I'm so on the moon sometimes

cath85
10-11-2008, 05:51 PM
my friend finally send me the first pic I took with ernie. it's the one we took in the VIP section.
I look old and tired, don't know what's up with that, but he's got a cute smile on his face, so it's worth looking at. and he wasn't wearing that weird hat which proves that my memory about that moment is as blurry as the pic :lol:

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6052/cathgulbismc0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

erica
10-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Oh Gulbisized meeting in Bercy :banana: have fun Ellen and Cath :wavey:

:awww: am I the only one here who will be in St.-Petersburg this year? :awww:

It was a great Gulbistard-meeting a year ago :awww: [and remember to ask him if he's thinking of going to Zagreb! In case he'd know already ;)]

Cath, this pic of you two is also very good! Lucky girl!

Nadie
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
:yeah: it is a lovely picture, Cath :)

It was a great Gulbistard-meeting a year ago :awww: [and remember to ask him if he's thinking of going to Zagreb! In case he'd know already ;)]

oh yes it was :awww: I miss old good times :sobbing:

:scratch: so I should ask him about Zagreb and Rotterdam... anything else? :p

cath85
10-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Nadia did you move to Latvia? :lol:

estrela
10-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Camilla :hug: I know how it feels to see one of your favorite players lose :(
I agree with your opinion on whatever is happening inside Ernie's head :p. I hope it's just a lil bump in the road. There is nothing any of us can do for him to fix it, whatever it is. Anyway thanks for your story :)

That's a nice picture Cath :D. It's good to have an image with your story :p

Owh and :banana: @ Madrid

Proxima2
10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
woohoo Cath! 3 photos (for now…) with Ernests… :lol:

cath85
10-11-2008, 06:18 PM
woohoo Cath! 3 photos (for now…) with Ernests… :lol:

yeah, but only one is good. he must be wondering why I needed so many pics, I should have told him the story about the first 2 :lol:

Proxima2
10-11-2008, 06:23 PM
yeah, but only one is good. he must be wondering why I needed so many pics, I should have told him the story about the first 2 :lol:

…during the photo #4 ;) :devil:

cath85
10-11-2008, 06:30 PM
…during the photo #4 ;) :devil:

not a bad idea actually :devil: :lol:

ClubFed
10-12-2008, 01:09 AM
cath :bigclap: Awesome picture! Ernie looks so adorkable in it :awww:

but-it's-ok
10-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Lovely pic Cath:hug: Guys I have to confess I like Erno in the cap,theres always one who begs to differ and thats me:lol:

I darent look past the 1st round, Erno against Kiefer:scared: Good luck today Erno:rocker2:

ellen_
10-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh he plays today :banana: cool. I really don't like the hat, but he has a lovely little smile there in the picture. The hat is like above all his hair, and not on his head :lol: Is he wearing the chicken shirt btw? And he's wearing the other sweater, hopefully he didn't throw away THE hoodie... :rolleyes:

Normally they would show the match on atp ms tv, right? The website says livestream starts on monday... It can't be true!

ekkikossar
10-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Yes, Im a bit upset too...I thought SKY SPORT was showing Madrid, but it will show the ms only from tomorrow on. Sky is airing Stoccolma and Eurosport is airing Vienna!I cant believe it. I need a livestreaming because I want to see Ernests - Kiefer. Any of you can help me with this? Unfortunately, I have no clue of livestreaming... thanks a lot!

ellen_
10-12-2008, 10:49 AM
There just isn't a livestream today, Camilla. Nowhere. :tears:

cath85
10-12-2008, 12:34 PM
There just isn't a livestream today, Camilla. Nowhere. :tears:

noooo :tears:

ClubFed
10-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Lovely pic Cath:hug: Guys I have to confess I like Erno in the cap,theres always one who begs to differ and thats me:lol:

:lol: So do I, Di ;) Although the hat could be a liiiiitle bigger. It looks like it's from Baby Gap. It's cute :awww: He's looking a little college-like with the outfit.

Is he wearing the chicken shirt btw? And he's wearing the other sweater, hopefully he didn't throw away THE hoodie... :rolleyes:

:lol: Yep, it's the chicken shirt :lol: And oh no, he fell in love with another hoodie! :awww:

About the no-livestream: :rolleyes: Just my luck...Ernests plays on a show court and no one can watch it :(

cath85
10-12-2008, 02:34 PM
:lol: So do I, Di ;) Although the hat could be a liiiiitle bigger. It looks like it's from Baby Gap. It's cute :awww: He's looking a little college-like with the outfit.

:haha: it could be true now that you say it :lol:

-Evita-
10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
So Ernests won today 5-7 6-4 7-5 :banana:

But I'm a bit worried. Apparently the betting odds indicated that the long pause in the middle of the third set was a medical timeout taken by Ernests :scared: But he pulled it out in the end... Perhaps his knee again? I hope he'll feel better when he plays Rafa. If anyone finds an article mentioning this match, please post the link here :)

ellen_
10-12-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't know if he would ask for the doc in the middle of game if it was his knee. I think he slipped or something.

http://www.topsport.com/tennis/atp//madrid/runde1/kiefer-gulbis.html

but-it's-ok
10-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Thats a little worrying:scared: Ernests is going to need to be super fit to face Nadal. Lets hope it was advice on something that was maybe niggling him a bit, and nothing more serious than that;) Please don't let it be the knee again:scared:

Yeah Ellen, maybe he slipped and slightly jarred something, so perhaps he stopped to have it checked out and get some advice at the earliest stage possible;)

I really hope its nothing to worry about;)

ellen_
10-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I'll post it again on this page ;) http://www.topsport.com/tennis/atp//madrid/runde1/kiefer-gulbis.html
So we had live-ticker...too bad.
But it doesn't say anything about an injury or a medical timeout :rolleyes:

cath85
10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
oh no. I hope it's nothing serious :(

I can give a summery of that German live ticker later if you want

but-it's-ok
10-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Cath that would be great:hug: I have a bit of knowledge of German,I havent seen any words relating to any injury/medical time-out when I read through the ticker:)

Proxima2
10-12-2008, 07:06 PM
There is an article in spanish here, after his win (comments by Ernests), but I don't figure out a word… (OK, just a few words ;))
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20081012/noticia_53558884236.html

cath85
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Cath that would be great:hug: I have a bit of knowledge of German,I havent seen any words relating to any injury/medical time-out when I read through the ticker:)

no it doesn't say a word actually about injury ;)

There is an article in spanish here, after his win (comments by Ernests), but I don't figure out a word… (OK, just a few words ;))

I can try to translate that too. although my spanish is getting really rusty :lol:

ellen_
10-12-2008, 07:13 PM
He says Nadal is almost unbeatable on every surface. He's very motivated to play in a tournament with all the best players. He talks about a problem at his knee. And he's happy with this beautiful victory.
I THINK! I can't figure out more now.

Proxima2
10-12-2008, 07:24 PM
He says Nadal is almost unbeatable on every surface. He's very motivated to play Rafa. He talks about a problem at his knee. And he's happy with this beautiful victory.
I THINK! I can't figure out more now.

And I think he said "nothing to lose"… :rolleyes:
…I would prefer "a lot to gain" (proper term?) :lol: ;)

ellen_
10-12-2008, 07:25 PM
If anyone can translate the whole sentence about the problems with his knee, that would be great. :)

cath85
10-12-2008, 07:31 PM
I'll post it again on this page ;) http://www.topsport.com/tennis/atp//madrid/runde1/kiefer-gulbis.html
So we had live-ticker...too bad.
But it doesn't say anything about an injury or a medical timeout :rolleyes:

-at the beginning none of the players had problems winning their service games
-Gulbis had no chances when Kiefer was serving
-perfect first set for Kiefer
-second set: amazing work by Kiefer on his serve, Gulbis can't do anything against the variety and precision
-equal chances during the 2nd set
-we can praise Gulbis with the same words in the 2nd set ss Kiefer in the first. good serve, well played and made a break at the right moment
-3rd set looks very much like the first 2
-service games easily won by the servers
-Kiefer lost his cool and got broken
-Kiefer made 2 more points against the man from Latvia who served in an amazing manner

NeverSayDie
10-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Well done Ernie :bounce: Good luck against Nadal :scared:

It's basically what Ellen said; Nadal's almost unbeatable on any surface and then he says something like he doesn't want to think too much about their meeting and that he has to play his best he can, maintain a positive attitude and know that he has nothing to lose against the no. 1 on the world.

I don't understand the whole of the last bit, but I know that he said he had some problems with his knee today but it's only contemporary... with a lot of ups and downs? I'm not sure, my spanish is rusty aswell :lol:

Proxima2
10-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Thanks Cath and Rachael! ;)

but-it's-ok
10-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks guys for your translations;):hug:

cath85
10-12-2008, 07:44 PM

the Latvian EG, Nadal's first opponent at the Masters series in Madrid,said today that the best place to play against the number 1 is roland garros. "of course it's a joke" says gulbis, after beating Kiefer 5/7 6/4 7/5 in 2 hours 53 minutes.

"Nadal is almost unbeatable on every surface, and he would need to play a very bad match, otherwise I won't have any chances. Rafael plays well on any kind of surface and he's having his best season." he commented. "In any way I don't like to think too much before a match. I know I have to play the best I can, stay positive and know that I have nothing to lose against the current number 1." he explained.

"Playing against an opponent who's ranked among the best players in the world always gives me extra motivation and I'll have to go on the court knowing that and then we'll see what happens" says Gulbis. "Today's match was very hard, more than 2 hoursand I had a few problems with my knee during the season, with lots of ups and downs, but it has been a great victory"

cath85
10-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Well done Ernie :bounce: Good luck against Nadal :scared:

It's basically what Ellen said; Nadal's almost unbeatable on any surface and then he says something like he doesn't want to think too much about their meeting and that he has to play his best he can, maintain a positive attitude and know that he has nothing to lose against the no. 1 on the world.

I don't understand the whole of the last bit, but I know that he said he had some problems with his knee today but it's only contemporary... with a lot of ups and downs? I'm not sure, my spanish is rusty aswell :lol:

the last sentence doesn't make any sense at all :lol: he talks about his knee problems over the season. maybe the sentence is just badly written...

Proxima2
10-12-2008, 07:49 PM
again, thanks Cath! :bowdown:

but-it's-ok
10-12-2008, 07:52 PM
the Latvian EG, Nadal's first opponent at the Masters series in Madrid,said today that the best place to play against the number 1 is roland garros. "of course it's a joke" says gulbis, after beating Kiefer 5/7 6/4 7/5 in 2 hours 53 minutes.

"Nadal is almost unbeatable on every surface, and he would need to play a very bad match, otherwise I won't have any chances. Rafael plays well on any kind of surface and he's having his best season." he commented. "In any way I don't like to think too much before a match. I know I have to play the best I can, stay positive and know that I have nothing to lose against the current number 1." he explained.

"Playing against an opponent who's ranked among the best players in the world always gives me extra motivation and I'll have to go on the court knowing that and then we'll see what happens" says Gulbis. "Today's match was very hard, more than 2 hoursand I had a few problems with my knee during the season, with lots of ups and downs, but it has been a great victory"

Thanks Cath:hug: Ernests sense of humour in evidence once more:awww::lol:

And, yes ,we can all just see what happens;)

estrela
10-12-2008, 07:53 PM
I hope his knee won't be a problem :(

the last sentence doesn't make any sense at all :lol: he talks about his knee problems over the season. maybe the sentence is just badly written...

Your right that is a weird sentence :confused:

cath85
10-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I hope his knee won't be a problem :(

Your right that a weird sentence :confused:

it sounds like they put together some things he said in a different context.

estrela
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM

Probably :shrug: but last couple of times he was asked about his knee he said it was fine, didn't he?

NeverSayDie
10-12-2008, 08:08 PM

Agreed :lol:

Pepi.
10-12-2008, 08:09 PM
well done :yeah:

good luck against nadal :scared:

impossible is nothing :inlove:

jitterbug
10-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Thanks so much, guys, for the live commentary and the translation :)

RGK
10-13-2008, 02:04 AM
impossible is nothing :inlove:its not on Clay.;)

ellen_
10-13-2008, 05:32 AM
You talked about Marat Safin yesterday in the livescore thread, right? And we talked about him and his girlfriend on msn too. Well, this is what you get if you let me think about Marat :p I dreamed about him, he was my drama teacher :haha: I'm not kidding! I can dream about Marat but I can't dream about Erno :rolleyes: :lol:

erica
10-13-2008, 06:25 AM
You talked about Marat Safin yesterday in the livescore thread, right? And we talked about him and his girlfriend on msn too. Well, this is what you get if you let me think about Marat :p I dreamed about him, he was my drama teacher :haha: I'm not kidding! I can dream about Marat but I can't dream about Erno :rolleyes: :lol:

Marat as a drama teacher? I wouldn't complain! :inlove: I always have problems remembering my dreams, but once I dreamt about Marat 3 times during a week :tape:

ellen_
10-13-2008, 07:55 AM
I laughed so hard after I realized he, as such an expressive man, would be a perfect drama teacher :lol: I laughed everytime I thought about it while I was on my bike driving to work. How the hell did he end up like that in my dream :lol:

amdany
10-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Marat as a drama teacher? I wouldn't complain! :inlove: I always have problems remembering my dreams, but once I dreamt about Marat 3 times during a week :tape:

3 times:aplot::aplot::aplot::angel:

ekkikossar
10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
I laughed so hard after I realized he, as such an expressive man, would be a perfect drama teacher :lol: I laughed everytime I thought about it while I was on my bike driving to work. How the hell did he end up like that in my dream :lol:Ah ah, dreams are the best part of night! (when you sleep):p
Talking about weird dreams, I dunno if I told you about that funny dream I made...there was Ernie dancing tip-tap on a linoleum basketball court, and he was wearing an absurd hat (like tha mad hatter :lol:).

Proxima2
10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
Ernests will play tomorrow in night session:
Nadal vs Gulbis
Center court (not before 8:00PM)

girlscout
10-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Ah ah, dreams are the best part of night! (when you sleep):p
Talking about weird dreams, I dunno if I told you about that funny dream I made...there was Ernie dancing tip-tap on a linoleum basketball court, and he was wearing an absurd hat (like tha mad hatter :lol:).
dancing tip-tap? :lol:
it reminds me of that Elf Yourself thing.

does anyone know what's the time difference between london and madrid? is it 1 hour or 2 hours?

EDIT: just checked. it's 1 hour. =) =D

hajnal
10-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, Ern!

cath85
10-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Nadal vs Gulbis

that was to be expected. I guess most of us can be here, I can't wait!

dancing tip-tap? :lol:
it reminds me of that Elf Yourself thing.

does anyone know what's the time difference between london and madrid? is it 1 hour or 2 hours?

EDIT: just checked. it's 1 hour. =) =D

yep one hour, that makes it 7 in london ;)

Proxima2
10-13-2008, 06:22 PM
that was to be expected. I guess most of us can be here, I can't wait!

I hope we will be numerous :) And all the newbies will be welcome ;)

ClubFed
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
I'll be in school, working on my junior essay. Awesomeness! :lol: If I drive home as soon as I can, I'll be able to catch the match an hour after they started :p I guess I'll just watch the encore of the ttc coverage :)

NeverSayDie
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Nadal vs Gulbis

I hope i can watch it :banana:

but-it's-ok
10-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I'll be here,whilst trying to revise for my mock law exam;) Good luck Ernests:rocker2: I appreciate how hard this match is going to be for you guys that are fans of Nadal too:awww::hug:

estrela
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
Good luck to Ernie tomorrow :D
Thanks Di, it will be a weird match for me :unsure:. I just hope Ernie plays the best he can. I can't wish/hope more for him, sorry. :awww:

ekkikossar
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Same here. Rafa is my first true tennis love (the first in absolute, but not very deep, was Hewitt years and years ago), and he would still be the only one, if Ernests wasnt born (and turned pro in 2004). I just cant wait for tomorrow night. I'll be watching the match with my bro, my little sister, my cousin and my baby-dog Erin (which I always call Ernie, for I unintentionally invert the letters).
Im not very worried about the match, and I hope I'll not suffer so much. I'll be cheering for the one who lose, and I know I am going to be sad just in case one player meet with a very bad defeat. But Im confident there will be a battle over there, so it will be fun!

cath85
10-13-2008, 10:04 PM
Same here. Rafa is my first true tennis love (the first in absolute, but not very deep, was Hewitt years and years ago), and he would still be the only one, if Ernests wasnt born (and turned pro in 2004). I just cant wait for tomorrow night. I'll be watching the match with my bro, my little sister, my cousin and my baby-dog Erin (which I always call Ernie, for I unintentionally invert the letters).
Im not very worried about the match, and I hope I'll not suffer so much. I'll be cheering for the one who lose, and I know I am going to be sad just in case one player meet with a very bad defeat. But Im confident there will be a battle over there, so it will be fun!

that's what I'm hoping for too. I'm looking forward to a big match, with amazing points and a tough battle. I hope ernie is in a good day, I can't wait to see him play again :D

ellen_
10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I just sent an angry mail to a Belgian sportswebsite. They wrote this:

Eerste reekshoofd Rafael Nadal speelt in zijn eerste match (in de tweede ronde dus) tegen de Est Ernests Gulbis.

They always write he's Estonian :rolleyes: Maybe they think it fits better with his name, but I don't care :fiery: They should hire some decent journalists...

I've got a mail back :p "You're very attentive, it has been changed. Thanks for your feedback!" :cool:

cath85
10-14-2008, 12:52 PM
well done ellen :yeah:

estrela
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
I just sent an angry mail to a Belgian sportswebsite. They wrote this:

They always write he's Estonian :rolleyes: Maybe they think it fits better with his name, but I don't care :fiery: They should hire some decent journalists...

I've got a mail back :p "You're very attentive, it has been changed. Thanks for your feedback!" :cool:

Serves them right ;)
Some people really need to do there research first :rolleyes:

jitterbug
10-14-2008, 09:50 PM
I hope the photogs manage to get loads of screaming photos. I like photos of Erno yelling at himself :p

but-it's-ok
10-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I hope the photogs manage to get loads of screaming photos. I like photos of Erno yelling at himself :p

Me too;)

rafaelita
10-15-2008, 07:46 AM
I hope I’m on the right thread for this. my input on this match would be something like this:
- another R2 loss. this time to nadal and, most importantly, with glory. this was ernie’s night, it’s obvious. nadal seemed to me a little overweight (scary as hell, because he’s always the fittest on the circuit :confused: ) and so not ready for a match. ernests started off too agitated, too much in a hurry (I’m sure it was a hurricane of emotions inside of him the whole match) which made him lose the first set. he came back superbly to win the second one very quickly. the match was lost in the third set at 2-1 for nadal, when ernests got broken (that horrifying break at 0!!). that’s where the lights went off for ernests. he went blank, just like at the brc open, just like so many times. it’s almost a pattern with him, he loses the first set, comes back and then goes blank. keywords : mental coaching. (this is unacceptable if you want to make it to the top and if he doesn’t want that, why turn pro anyway, right? :( )
- he played a good match last night though. he served unbelievably almost every point. many aces, which is great, many DFs, which was nerve wracking. in the end it all came down to patience and experience. that’s how nadal won the match. or, the lack of patience and experience made ernests lose the match.

i know he won’t read this, but just in case, all I would like to say to him is please don’t be like safin! be better! the guy that was commenting the match just kept babbling about the many similarities between ernests and safin, he wouldn’t stop. it was unbearable. don’t be like safin, for the love of god, be better!! and improve that backhand, it has cost you a lot of lost points.

well, he died with glory. i wouldn’t even call it a loss, it was a great game. period. we’re proud of you, kiddo! :hug:

this was my message for ernests in case he decides to secretly lurk around this board. ;)

jitterbug
10-15-2008, 07:55 AM
It's usually the other way around for him, though. He'd win the first set spectacularly - then implode. But other than that, I basically agree with what you said.

rafaelita
10-15-2008, 07:56 AM
what a lucid approach when it came down to winning net points. those were just fantastic. he’s an unbelievable net player.

but his main problem remains his inconsistency, triggered by the not so very good mental preparation (in my opinion). it’s a little bit tricky though because there were moments when he kept his nerves (when least expected, i admit, which is great) and there were moments when he made childish mistakes. so it was like a constant up and down that road. someone said once that safin is too talented for his own good. i really don’t want ernests to go on that road because it could be a disaster. too much talent that is not supported by serious training (be it physical, mental, tactical or whatever) spells trouble. i mean look at nadal. he’s very talented, but he’s also a very hard worker (i love the way he goes after each and every ball and gets them, almost every time :p ). this is the combination that got him on top. i don’t think we’ll ever see inconsistency at nadal, unless he’s got a serious physical problem or something like it.
the end of this season is close and i hope the vacation ahead will put a stop to that inconsistency thing that spoiled ernests’ season. (if only he could have kept his nerves at 2-1 in the third set.. it would have been a different story probably).

i know he will be better than safin. i truly hope safin himself gets better next year, althought it's going to get more complicated for him, given the age thing :crazy: . once ernests gets rid of that inconsistency and provided he doesn’t get that ‘I’m a star’ attitude, there will be few players who will be able to stand in his way.
all in all, i’ve seen a much improved ernests last night. that's ressuring especially before paris. so it’s true, better opponent, better game. :yeah:

rafaelita
10-15-2008, 07:58 AM
It's usually the other way around for him, though. He'd win the first set spectacularly - then implode. But other than that, I basically agree with what you said.

:hug:
love your new avatar :lick: . wonder what the caption would sound like :p:p

rafaelita
10-15-2008, 08:00 AM
YES, PLEASE GET A HAIRCUT! :smooch:

Alex.
10-15-2008, 09:22 AM
Ah. :sad: I only managed to watch bits and pieces, I was busy. That game at 5-5 was awful though. I will never understand how he struggles with his serve so much. He has way too many double faults for a guy his height and with a serve like he has.

I guess he will be playing Paris? Not sure if he will play before then. Good luck, Ernie. :hug:

jitterbug
10-15-2008, 09:28 AM
I guess he will be playing Paris?

Qualies ;)

Alex.
10-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Qualies ;)

Boo. I always think he is ranked higher than he actually is. :lol:

ekkikossar
10-15-2008, 09:31 PM
I hope I’m on the right thread for this. my input on this match would be something like this:
- another R2 loss. this time to nadal and, most importantly, with glory. this was ernie’s night, it’s obvious. nadal seemed to me a little overweight (scary as hell, because he’s always the fittest on the circuit :confused: ) and so not ready for a match. ernests started off too agitated, too much in a hurry (I’m sure it was a hurricane of emotions inside of him the whole match) which made him lose the first set. he came back superbly to win the second one very quickly. the match was lost in the third set at 2-1 for nadal, when ernests got broken (that horrifying break at 0!!). that’s where the lights went off for ernests. he went blank, just like at the brc open, just like so many times. it’s almost a pattern with him, he loses the first set, comes back and then goes blank. keywords : mental coaching. (this is unacceptable if you want to make it to the top and if he doesn’t want that, why turn pro anyway, right? :( )
- he played a good match last night though. he served unbelievably almost every point. many aces, which is great, many DFs, which was nerve wracking. in the end it all came down to patience and experience. that’s how nadal won the match. or, the lack of patience and experience made ernests lose the match.

i know he won’t read this, but just in case, all I would like to say to him is please don’t be like safin! be better! the guy that was commenting the match just kept babbling about the many similarities between ernests and safin, he wouldn’t stop. it was unbearable. don’t be like safin, for the love of god, be better!! and improve that backhand, it has cost you a lot of lost points.

well, he died with glory. i wouldn’t even call it a loss, it was a great game. period. we’re proud of you, kiddo! :hug:

this was my message for ernests in case he decides to secretly lurk around this board. ;)
just in case...:lol:
Anyway, read Ernests this or not, I think you made a good analysis of the match. and I agree with you about your suggestions to Ernie. Dont be like Safin is something I kept repeating to myself (but addressed to him, obviously) after his 2nd round Vienna match. We all know many people like to draw comparison between Ernests and Marat, that they are friends, that Ernests went to train in Spain in that academy from which Marat came out and, probably, that Ernests doesnt mind being compared to Safin. I think Safin is a good player and a cool guy but... if I had to wish Ernests to follow some other player's career, I wouldnt say Safin's one. I hope Ernests doesnt think being like Safin is cool. I have never seen Safin playing when he was young, but I dare to bet Ernests' talent is higher than Marat's. And Ernests needs not to waste this Gift he has. He really needs some more mental preparation - but I dont really know whether this is something you can work on and obtain through hard work, or not. Maybe he cant get any better than some level. Surely he can improve, but i dont think he could ever reach nadal's mental strenght, for example.

Moreover, sometimes I wonder if Ernests really want to be only a tennis player in his life. I get the impression he likes playing tennis, coz he has fun and everyone says to him "how good you are at this", but maybe he's has other plans in the long run...maybe these other plans affect him even now, a bit. I mean, maybe he isnt thinking only about tennis, now. (but maybe i was influenced in thinking this because i was very impressed by his choice to go to uni and keep on studying):worship:. thing is when they ask him which his goals are he would just answer "be the number one, everyone wants to be the number one". But do YOU want to be the number one, too, Ernests?

anyway, i dont mind if he will never be the number one. in the end, its just an arid matter of ATP points;), and the reason why I love ernests is the way he plays tennis (and the way he answers in interviews, :lol:). So, all I want is the chance to keep on watching him playing.

(this is my last vision of the world, and it will last for a few hours, maximum :lol:. Probably tomorrow I'll be again cursing because he keeps on losing in second rounds :rolleyes:
But tonight I feel zen:angel:)

cath85
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Moreover, sometimes I wonder if Ernests really want to be only a tennis player in his life. I get the impression he likes playing tennis, coz he has fun and everyone says to him "how good you are at this", but maybe he's has other plans in the long run...maybe these other plans affect him even now, a bit. I mean, maybe he isnt thinking only about tennis, now. (but maybe i was influenced in thinking this because i was very impressed by his choice to go to uni and keep on studying):worship:. thing is when they ask him which his goals are he would just answer "be the number one, everyone wants to be the number one". But do YOU want to be the number one, too, Ernests?

he definitely wants to do something else after tennis, that's why he's studying. in the french interview he said he's studying, because he doesn't want to be standing there without any education and any knowledge after his career in tennis. because he really doesn't want to do anything in the tennis business afterwards

rafaelita
10-16-2008, 08:12 AM
just in case...:lol:
Anyway, read Ernests this or not, I think you made a good analysis of the match. and I agree with you about your suggestions to Ernie. Dont be like Safin is something I kept repeating to myself (but addressed to him, obviously) after his 2nd round Vienna match. We all know many people like to draw comparison between Ernests and Marat, that they are friends, that Ernests went to train in Spain in that academy from which Marat came out and, probably, that Ernests doesnt mind being compared to Safin. I think Safin is a good player and a cool guy but... if I had to wish Ernests to follow some other player's career, I wouldnt say Safin's one. I hope Ernests doesnt think being like Safin is cool. I have never seen Safin playing when he was young, but I dare to bet Ernests' talent is higher than Marat's. And Ernests needs not to waste this Gift he has. He really needs some more mental preparation - but I dont really know whether this is something you can work on and obtain through hard work, or not. Maybe he cant get any better than some level. Surely he can improve, but i dont think he could ever reach nadal's mental strenght, for example.

anyway, i dont mind if he will never be the number one. in the end, its just an arid matter of ATP points;), and the reason why I love ernests is the way he plays tennis (and the way he answers in interviews, :lol:). So, all I want is the chance to keep on watching him playing.

(this is my last vision of the world, and it will last for a few hours, maximum :lol:. Probably tomorrow I'll be again cursing because he keeps on losing in second rounds :rolleyes:
But tonight I feel zen:angel:)

:kiss: thanks a lot! it's always so good to get feedback! i love it when i get an 'i agree' or an 'i disagree', everytime i'm posting something worth reading :p. i like to keep ideas and thoughts flying all over this place.

i posted exactly what i felt the morning after (;)), even though at that time it seemed a little off in some way. i guess it is because i get a weird feeling everytime ernests loses in the early stages of a tournament; i'm not elaborating on the kind of feeling because people here might fall down with laughs reading that. i'm always happy to entertain but that would be too much :).

about safin i've already made clear here that i love him still, with good stuff and bad stuff. as far as ernests is concerned, i really don't see him coaching or becoming an agent or something inside this business, so i think it is so wise of him to complete his studies. i really admire that decision he made and i think it is the normal thing to do next. it is also a sign (for me) that he's not losing touch with reality and that is SO important. we can rest assure about this because obviously ernests is smart enough to know his priorities :)

i agree with you about nadal's mental strenght. that won't happen and i think it is because ernests doesn't have that drive that nadal has - maybe a little too much (i've already said this in another post, sorry for repeating myself). they're completely different types so no way that would happen.

well, i don't curse when he loses early in the tournament, i just get very sad and hide away (not physically, ofc) for a few days because nobody is able to comunicate with me when i'm like that :devil:. but i get back quickly because another tournament's getting closer and i want to be ready for a new beginning. :) but cursing might be better for blowing off some steam, guess you're right about that. :p so keep them coming :p and good luck with the zen attitude. i wish i knew what that felt like.

take care :wavey:

ellen_
10-16-2008, 10:42 AM
You get an 'I agree' from me too :) You're objective in your (very long :p but indeed worth reading) posts, I like that.

well, i don't curse when he loses early in the tournament, i just get very sad and hide away (not physically, ofc) for a few days because nobody is able to comunicate with me when i'm like that :devil:. but i get back quickly because another tournament's getting closer and i want to be ready for a new beginning. :) but cursing might be better for blowing off some steam, guess you're right about that. :p so keep them coming :p and good luck with the zen attitude. i wish i knew what that felt like.

I always feel so weird when he loses too, I actually can only describe it as an emotional rollercoaster. And it's better for me to not say too much right after a loss either ;) You might think I'm a total bitch then :rolleyes: It's not like I would say mean things about Erno, totally not! But I get annoyed very quickly then, by everything :lol:

rafaelita
10-16-2008, 11:31 AM
You get an 'I agree' from me too :) You're objective in your (very long :p but indeed worth reading) posts, I like that.

ellen, a big :hug: for you. i try to not post too often so i can even it out by making my posts long, veeerrry long :nerner: i'm thinking that i should find a way to actually reward those who are calm and tenacious enough to get to the end of one of my posts. :p

as for the emotional rollercoaster, i tottally understand. i've always had very strong emotions that sometimes are really hard to handle but i've always considered that it's better to be like that, very intense. it makes life so much better and more interesting. :)

Proxima2
10-18-2008, 12:15 PM
The MD is out: Ernests will play against GARCIA-LOPEZ in the 1st round of St Petersburg. His next opponent could be MURRAY:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/568/mds.pdf

Good luck Ernests :)

RGK
10-18-2008, 12:37 PM
again 2nd round against the best player.:sad:

jitterbug
10-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Karlis got a main draw wildcard :eek: :rolls: :scratch:

cath85
10-18-2008, 12:39 PM
The MD is out: Ernests will play against GARCIA-LOPEZ in the 1st round of St Petersburg. His next opponent could be MURRAY:

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=http://www.atptennis.com/1/posting/2008/568/mds.pdf

Good luck Ernests :)

ellen, this looks quite good to me what do you think? :devil:

ellen_
10-18-2008, 01:20 PM
ellen, this looks quite good to me what do you think? :devil:

Oh poor boy, we are so mean. But cath, since I can't reach you anymore on MSN I'll tell it to you here... I'M STAYING OVERNIGHT !!! :banana: I'm staying at about 1km from the tennis stadium. My mom pays the hotel :p

So, you could throw your bags and stuff in my room in stead of going to saint-ouen first? Or in the lobby if I can't get into my room yet at 9.30am

Nono
10-18-2008, 01:25 PM
another difficult draw for ernests.... but we all know he can beat every player who will face him in this draw!!

(:tape: shame on me, but this time I'm not sure I want he wins the tournament : I hope to see him at the Paris qualies..;) )

Anyway good luck Ernests !!!

cath85
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Oh poor boy, we are so mean. But cath, since I can't reach you anymore on MSN I'll tell it to you here... I'M STAYING OVERNIGHT !!! :banana: I'm staying at about 1km from the tennis stadium. My mom pays the hotel :p

So, you could throw your bags and stuff in my room in stead of going to saint-ouen first? Or in the lobby if I can't get into my room yet at 9.30am

omg this is good news!! :bounce: (why is this stupid msn not working??) what hotel is it?
I'm all excited now :D

ellen_
10-18-2008, 01:35 PM
It's another Ibis hotel there, Porte de Bercy. Place de l' Europe, 2 in Charenton Le Pont. Well I hope I'm right about the 1km though... Paris is so confusing :confused:

This is what the website says: The Ibis Paris Porte de Bercy is located next to the Bercy 2 Shopping Centre at Charenton le Pont. Nearby attractions include Bercy Village, the Palais Omnisport de Bercy events centre and the Bois de Vincennes a few minutes away by public transport, which also provides easy access to the delights of Paris.

cath85
10-18-2008, 01:40 PM
It's another Ibis hotel there, Porte de Bercy. Place de l' Europe, 2 in Charenton Le Pont. Well I hope I'm right about the 1km though... Paris is so confusing :confused:

This is what the website says: The Ibis Paris Porte de Bercy is located next to the Bercy 2 Shopping Centre at Charenton le Pont. Nearby attractions include Bercy Village, the Palais Omnisport de Bercy events centre and the Bois de Vincennes a few minutes away by public transport, which also provides easy access to the delights of Paris.

yeah it doesn't look too far away on the map, but it seems a bit far to take all the way by foot to the POPB. and I don't see a subway station nearby. do you know how to get there from gare du nord?

ellen_
10-18-2008, 01:43 PM
yeah it doesn't look too far away on the map, but it seems a bit far to take all the way by foot to the POPB. and I don't see a subway station nearby. do you know how to get there from gare du nord?

No I don't know yet :lol: Please, my mind worked enough last couple of days.
Cabs can always save me.

cath85
10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
No I don't know yet :lol: Please, my mind worked enough last couple of days.
Cabs can always save me.

okay I found that you can either take the bus line 24 (don't know what stop though) or the subway to cour saint-émilion. but that one seems quite far away on the map

ellen_
10-18-2008, 01:56 PM
We'll discuss it when you're back on msn.
But just imagine Erno would survive Murray... I know it's very selfish but I'm so scared he won't play the qualies is Paris!

Good news for Karlis btw!

cath85
10-18-2008, 01:58 PM
We'll discuss it when you're back on msn.
But just imagine Erno would survive Murray... I know it's very selfish but I'm so scared he won't play the qualies is Paris!

I hope I'll get it to work soon :rolleyes:

I know, I feel bad too, but I really wanna see him :sad: I'm not gonna sleep well this week, believe me

ellen_
10-18-2008, 02:17 PM
I hope I'll get it to work soon :rolleyes:

I know, I feel bad too, but I really wanna see him :sad: I'm not gonna sleep well this week, believe me

Okay, I'm looking to some maps. My hotel is about 9,3km away from Paris Nord. But wouldn't it be easier if you put your luggage at the hotel in stead of going to Saint-Ouen first? So we would be closer to the stadium already. Are the cabs expensive in Paris? I can't believe there's no way you can follow on foot to the POdB, there's definitely some boulevard next to the Seine.
And do you know if it's easy to take a cab at Paris Nord?

I'm sorry to the other ones, but we have to do the conversation here ;) You can be mad at msn if it bothers you :p

cath85
10-18-2008, 02:29 PM
Okay, I'm looking to some maps. My hotel is about 9,3km away from Paris Nord. But wouldn't it be easier if you put your luggage at the hotel in stead of going to Saint-Ouen first? So we would be closer to the stadium already. Are the cabs expensive in Paris? I can't believe there's no way you can follow on foot to the POdB, there's definitely some boulevard next to the Seine.

yeah I think it would be easier to drop off my bag at your hotel indeed. the cabs are pretty expensive, but I think we can handle it by subway. there must be a way to cross that boulevard. or we could take a cab to the hotel (because we'll have the bags) and then try to go by foot to the POPB

and I think it's easy to take a cab from gare du nord, I've already been waiting outside for someone and I saw a few cabs pass by.

cath85
10-18-2008, 02:40 PM
andy just made it to the final in Madrid. don't know if that's a good thing for us. for him it is of course :p

amdany
10-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Karlis got a main draw wildcard :eek: :rolls: :scratch:

what????:eek:

ellen_
10-18-2008, 02:46 PM
yeah I think it would be easier to drop off my bag at your hotel indeed. the cabs are pretty expensive, but I think we can handle it by subway. there must be a way to cross that boulevard. or we could take a cab to the hotel (because we'll have the bags) and then try to go by foot to the POPB
and I think it's easy to take a cab from gare du nord, I've already been waiting outside for someone and I saw a few cabs pass by.

That's what I was thinking. But the person in the hotel should know how we could reach the stadium, right? My train leaves on sunday at 16:58 btw. I hope I'm lucky enough to see Erno a second time then.

And I was thinking the same thing after Andy reaching the finals, but I feel really bad... I can't accept that I'm actually hoping Erno will lose early, come on :( I feel guilty in some way and just awful for being so selfish.

amdany
10-18-2008, 02:52 PM

:wavey:
from gare du nord, you'll have to take the rer B to Chatelet (1station) and at Chatelet, you take the line 14 until Bercy.

I hope it helps you a bit:)

cath85
10-18-2008, 03:05 PM
That's what I was thinking. But the person in the hotel should know how we could reach the stadium, right? My train leaves on sunday at 16:58 btw. I hope I'm lucky enough to see Erno a second time then.

And I was thinking the same thing after Andy reaching the finals, but I feel really bad... I can't accept that I'm actually hoping Erno will lose early, come on :( I feel guilty in some way and just awful for being so selfish.

I feel awful too, but what can you do... I'm gonna try not to think about it anymore and just wait and see what happens :rolleyes: and then hang myself :lol:

:wavey:
from gare du nord, you'll have to take the rer B to Chatelet (1station) and at Chatelet, you take the line 14 until Bercy.

I hope it helps you a bit:)

oh I would have found bercy, it's just that ellen's hotel is quite far away from it (too far to do it by foot with the luggage anyway) and we apparently need to take a bus instead of a subway to get there.

ellen_
10-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I feel awful too, but what can you do... I'm gonna try not to think about it anymore and just wait and see what happens :rolleyes: and then hang myself :lol:

:haha: We should think about the other qualifiers then, they're not bad either ;)

oh I would have found bercy, it's just that ellen's hotel is quite far away from it (too far to do it by foot with the luggage anyway) and we apparently need to take a bus instead of a subway to get there.

Far from what? Were you planning of going from gare du nord to my hotel on foot?? :eek:

amdany
10-18-2008, 03:17 PM

aw ok, I'll ask to my brother if you want because he works in the shopping center near Ellen's hotel.

cath85
10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
:haha: We should think about the other qualifiers then, they're not bad either ;)

Far from what? Were you planning of going from gare du nord to my hotel on foot?? :eek:
lol no, I meant far from the POPB ;)

amdany
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM

that's what I thought too:rolls:

cath85
10-18-2008, 03:33 PM
that's what I thought too:rolls:

I'm sorry, I'm being even more confusing than usual today :lol:

estrela
10-18-2008, 03:55 PM
Tough draw for Ernie, but never say never :p.

That's good news for Karlis (:angel:)

jitterbug
10-18-2008, 04:00 PM
That's good news for Karlos

Karlis :p :lol:

estrela
10-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Karlis :p :lol:

Sorry typo the letter i is so close to o :haha:
This is really cracking me up :lol:

jitterbug
10-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Sorry typo the letter i is so close to o :haha:
This is really cracking me up :lol:

I think both names mean the same thing anyway :lol: Charles, Charlie, Carlos, Karlis... :p

ellen_
10-19-2008, 08:07 AM
I think both names mean the same thing anyway :lol: Charles, Charlie, Carlos, Karlis... :p

We'll call him Charlie then from now on :lol:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 08:38 AM
We'll call him Charlie then from now on :lol:

Ernie and Charlie :lol: we can write a children's book based on the Latvian DC team :p

*Raine
10-19-2008, 11:15 AM
:awww: I miss seeing Ernie on tv.

but-it's-ok
10-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Thats a real surprise to see Karlis in the Draw:eek: Good luck to him:rocker2: I want to see him play:awww:

What a tough section Erno is in:eek: All the best Erno:rocker2: But why does he have to play Garcia-Lopez first?:awww:

Pepi.
10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Good luck Ernie :D

Proxima2
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
OOP is out: Ernests will not play tomorrow :awww:
http://www.spbopen.ru/img/flash/OP_20.10.pdf

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 02:03 PM
OOP is out: Ernests will not play tomorrow :awww:

Muzza will definitely not play tomorrow anyway because he's still in Madrid. Since the winner of Ernie's match will play Troicki/Murray it'd make more sense for that section to play on the same day, or at the very least, not have a one-day gap between them.

cath85
10-19-2008, 02:06 PM
oh guys I fell in love with a picture: http://i73.servimg.com/u/f73/11/63/04/54/gulbis16.jpg

it's from metz and my friend has some other pretty good ones, I'll ask her if I'm allowed to post them.

Proxima2
10-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Muzza will definitely not play tomorrow anyway because he's still in Madrid. Since the winner of Ernie's match will play Troicki/Murray it'd make more sense for that section to play on the same day, or at the very least, not have a one-day gap between them.

Yes, it's normal (equity), but… :sad:

Cath, what a photo! ;)

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
Isn't that you? :scratch:

cath85
10-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Isn't that you? :scratch:

it is, that's why I love it so much :lol:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 02:41 PM
I know I've mentioned this before but I really love your hair :lol: I think curly hair looks gorgeous on other people but I wouldn't want to have it myself :tape: because I really wouldn't know how to take care of it.

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Aww, Cath, I'm falling in love with that picture too :awww:

cath85
10-19-2008, 02:46 PM
I know I've mentioned this before but I really love your hair :lol: I think curly hair looks gorgeous on other people but I wouldn't want to have it myself :tape: because I really wouldn't know how to take care of it.

you would learn it lol I had straight hair up until I was 15. then it started to curl, really weird. rule 1: don't comb it, if you know that you're gonna be fine :lol:

cath85
10-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Aww, Cath, I'm falling in love with that picture too :awww:

:D imagine it was you with him and you know what I feel like :hearts:

Proxima2
10-19-2008, 02:56 PM
you would learn it lol I had straight hair up until I was 15. then it started to curl, really weird. rule 1: don't comb it, if you know that you're gonna be fine :lol:

I know what you are talking about ;) Mine is wavy to curly and your rule 1 is perfect, otherwise it's a 'jackson 5' hair :tape:

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 03:06 PM
:D imagine it was you with him and you know what I feel like :hearts:

:hearts: *giggles like mad* :p

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Jason Goodall: "[insert commentator's name here] will be sorry he missed Judy (Murray) today. He's taken quite a liking to her and never fails to chat her up at every opportunity."

:spit: :lol:

Nono
10-19-2008, 03:14 PM
oh guys I fell in love with a picture

oh, cath!!!!!!!!!! what a picture!!!!!!:eek:
his hand....your hair... (I'm so jeeeaaalous !!!:tape:))

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Jason Goodall: "[insert commentator's name here] will be sorry he missed Judy (Murray) today. He's taken quite a liking to her and never fails to chat her up at every opportunity."

:spit: :lol:

:lol: Wow, I didn't even know it started yet :tape:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:19 PM
:lol: Wow, I didn't even know it started yet :tape:

They're at 1-all and playing slow tennis :tape: GM will call it 'pusher' tennis.

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:20 PM
... and the brass band is playing Beyonce's 'Crazy In Love' :rolls:

Oh Goodall...

"It's amazing how (Simon) can play all that tennis on those two pins." - Goodall talking about Gilles' legs :tape:

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 03:22 PM
They're at 1-all and playing slow tennis :tape: GM will call it 'pusher' tennis.

GM :worship: :rolleyes: So I figured I'm just going to root for Gilles, because I want him to go to Shanghai :angel: But Andy winning is cool too.

ETA: Yeah, Goodall has his "oh no he didn't" moments :tape:

Proxima2
10-19-2008, 03:25 PM

Oh Goodall...

"It's amazing how (Simon) can play all that tennis on those two pins." - Goodall talking about Gilles' legs :tape:

:rolls:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:26 PM
OH MY GOD :rolls:

A spectator yelled "Vamos Rafa!" when Gilles was about to serve. And Poussin just cracked up :lol:

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 03:27 PM
OH MY GOD :rolls:

A spectator yelled "Vamos Rafa!" when Gilles was about to serve. And Poussin just cracked up :lol:

:spit: I cracked up too. Glad Gilles didn't give him the evil eye. And his challenges make me laugh.

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:31 PM
All the slicing is driving me mental though :lol:

Koenig and Goodall are my commentating heroes :worship:

cath85
10-19-2008, 03:37 PM
pfff I'm watching it on a crappy livestream, can't even really enjoy the game :tape:

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 03:37 PM
All the slicing is driving me mental though :lol:

:spit: "Pusher" tennis is the new black :p

Gilles is reminiscent of Ernie with the faces he makes :lol:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:39 PM
pfff I'm watching it on a crappy livestream, can't even really enjoy the game :tape:

Have you tried any of the ones here? :awww:

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Live-Streaming-Video-Tennis/

cath85
10-19-2008, 03:49 PM
Have you tried any of the ones here? :awww:

http://www.livescorehunter.com/Live-Streaming-Video-Tennis/

do you need to pay, or just register?

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 03:53 PM
do you need to pay, or just register?

That site just lists down free livestreams ;) click on the bar that says ATP Masters Series Madrid.

cath85
10-19-2008, 03:58 PM
That site just lists down free livestreams ;) click on the bar that says ATP Masters Series Madrid.

yes sorry I found it now. I was on that bet 365 website and it asked me all kind of weird things lol
I found a pretty good one now thanks :hug:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Can somebody enlighten me about why there is a yellow rooster on that French flag draped over the railings? :lol: It's so apt, considering that Gilles = Poussin = Chicken Little.

I am so sorry for hijacking this thread with Madrid finals chatter btw :p

cath85
10-19-2008, 04:03 PM
Can somebody enlighten me about why there is a yellow rooster on that French flag draped over the railings? :lol: It's so apt, considering that Gilles = Poussin = Chicken Little.

I am so sorry for hijacking this thread with Madrid finals chatter btw :p

isn't it the symbol for the french tennis federation? doesn't it say F.F.T. too? I don't remember lol

don't worry it's the indoor thread, so it's not even off topic :p

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Koenig and Goodall are tennis' answer to Starsky & Hutch :tape:

On the Madrid tournament moving to a new venue next year:
Koenig: "I hope they get the same caterers."
Goodall: "That is of the utmost importance."

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 04:10 PM
Now they're playing Star Wars :rolls: lucky Andy cut his hair, or he would've fit the role of Chewbacca to a T.

estrela
10-19-2008, 04:46 PM

:lol:

estrela
10-19-2008, 04:54 PM
oh guys I fell in love with a picture:
it's from metz and my friend has some other pretty good ones, I'll ask her if I'm allowed to post them.

I'm going to repeat what has been said but you really have nice hair. And I can see why you fell in love with the pic.

Oh Goodall...

:haha: :haha: Some players really do have skinny legs. It's so funny looking but a lot of guys have skinny legs.

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Good job, Andy!!! Gilles :hug:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Gilles's calves are slimmer than Giselle Bundchen's, I think :tape: his legs looked like they could snap anytime.

The tournament highlights reel showed everyone except Ernie! :speakles: I am outraged!

but-it's-ok
10-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Congrats Andy:banana: Great week Gilles:hug:

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 05:00 PM
Gilles's calves are slimmer than Giselle Bundchen's, I think :tape: his legs looked like they could snap anytime.

The tournament highlights reel showed everyone except Ernie! :speakles: I am outraged!

I had my eyes glued to it too! I thought, since they apparently love showing candid moments, why not show Ernie's million dollar smile? gar! :lol:

BTW: Z, Gilles doesn't sound like Borat anymore. :p

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 05:02 PM
Borat! with a mic! :inlove:

Poussin: "You weren't too tough on me against Rafa yesterday... :shrug: :umbrella:"

:lol:

ClubFed
10-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Aww, I thought Andy would bust out with the Spanish :lol:

:lol: at everyone's smiles (esp Gilles') to Andy's model ball girl reference

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
:lol: at everyone's smiles (esp Gilles') to Andy's model ball girl reference

... especially since they've been with their respective girlfriends for light years :rolls: down, boys!

Proxima2
10-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Good news for us, the 3 courts will be broadcast :D
http://www.spbopen.ru/eng/news/43.html

but-it's-ok
10-19-2008, 05:53 PM
Great news Stella, thanks for the info:hug:

jitterbug
10-19-2008, 06:06 PM
Last year's streams had no sound, I hope this year's ones are better :armed:

merdenoms
10-20-2008, 02:56 AM

that is so unfair! how can they miss him! aaarrgh! speaking about calves though, i also noticed gille's spindle-like legs..haha! but i still think he's still cute cuz reminds me so much of ernie. :D well, i have no problem at all with erno's calves.they look shapely and strong without being too thick.well, i just have to admit that he's perfect!now if only we can see him practice shirtless..:devil:do you guys think that's ever going to happen?

rafaelita
10-20-2008, 08:00 AM
oh guys I fell in love with a picture:

spectacular picture ! it seems like your friend has amazing timing :)

looks like i'm going to see ernests play in paris :woohoo:. the bad part is that the tournament will be broadcasted by the same tv channel that covered madrid, so i'm getting ready to watch ernests play while listening to tankian screaming in my pilot-like headphones. i'm not ready for more safin-like stories from that annoying guy :devil:. so, maybe i'll be able to see you and ellen making some noise there for ernests? :lol: i'm looking forward to see you both there and i can't wait for ellen's first impressions after finally seeing ernests play in front of her.

hope it's gonna be a tournament to remember :) .

ellen_
10-20-2008, 08:53 AM
spectacular picture ! it seems like your friend has amazing timing :)

looks like i'm going to see ernests play in paris :woohoo:. the bad part is that the tournament will be broadcasted by the same tv channel that covered madrid, so i'm getting ready to watch ernests play while listening to tankian screaming in my pilot-like headphones. i'm not ready for more safin-like stories from that annoying guy :devil:. so, maybe i'll be able to see you and ellen making some noise there for ernests? :lol: i'm looking forward to see you both there and i can't wait for ellen's first impressions after finally seeing ernests play in front of her.

hope it's gonna be a tournament to remember :) .

I can't wait for it either :p Plus, I'll be sleeping close to him ;) Maybe I'll see him in his room out of my window :lol:
I got a lot of work to do for school but I just can't concentrate, I don't want to think about the weekend too much though...it can still fail when he gets far in St Petersburg. But I think I will be so intimidated by him :lol: I expect to be stunned. I'm also looking forward to meet a fellow fan, we got that anyway...with or without Erno ;)

rafaelita
10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
I can't wait for it either :p Plus, I'll be sleeping close to him ;) Maybe I'll see him in his room out of my window :lol:
I got a lot of work to do for school but I just can't concentrate, I don't want to think about the weekend too much though...it can still fail when he gets far in St Petersburg. But I think I will be so intimidated by him :lol: I expect to be stunned. I'm also looking forward to meet a fellow fan, we got that anyway...with or without Erno ;)

i know what you mean. i would like that too. i hope i'll be able to go to more of his tournaments next year. (i have a bad feeling that ho won't come back to bcr open next year and it kills me). i'll write to santa and i'll try to be nice :).
you will be stunned. i know i was and it lasted for a few days too. but if you think this week it's going to be tough, wait until you get to the week after you've seen him. i'll be here if you need some cheering up afterwards :p
in the mean time, enjoy the tournament; i expect both of you to come back here singing 'the time of my life' :silly:
:yippee: