Indoor outfit 2008.. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Indoor outfit 2008..

Xristos
09-21-2008, 05:56 AM
I dunno what to say.
The first pic is a horrid ps but we get an idea of how it will look..
http://i37.tinypic.com/2lay0s7.gif
http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj7rfc.jpg

Laba
09-21-2008, 10:26 AM
You gotta be kidding...

Cloudygirl
09-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Even Rafa can't pull that off. I hope that he chickens out of sleeveless at the last minute again.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 11:04 AM
Fuck off, Rafa.

Castafiore
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
I like it more than the AO outfit, though. The bright yellow is good but I'm going to repeat it, dammit: :( polo shirts are boooooooooring and to match a polo shirt with baggy shorts is probably not a good idea.

At least, the sleeves on the shirt are short and not baggy and long up to his elbows so I guess that it could be worse. :unsure:

Xristos
09-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Thease new designs are so uninspired and boreing.

Its just not Rafa!

Metis
09-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the outfit is not that bad? As long as the shirt is tight I have no problem. :rolls:

In all seriousness I don't care what he wears as long as he plays well and wins.

Minn
09-21-2008, 02:18 PM
I don't think it's awful. I don't think it's good either. I prefer sleeveless a bit, but you're right, Metis.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 02:20 PM
Am I the only one who thinks the outfit is not that bad? As long as the shirt is tight I have no problem. :rolls:

In all seriousness I don't care what he wears as long as he plays well and wins.

Metis, Metis, Metis. That sounds more tard than fangirl. :sad:

To be fair, I'm sure that crappy outfit is more what Rafa would wear off court, but do we want to encourage him down that path? We've all seen pics. It's not good. It's not good, at all.

Metis
09-21-2008, 02:23 PM
:lol: I said as long as the shirt is tight :shrug:

Xristos
09-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Metis, Metis, Metis. That sounds more tard than fangirl. :sad:

Top be fair, I'm sure that crappy outfit is more what Rafa would wear off court, but do we want to encourage him down that path? We've all seen pics. It's not good. It's not good, at all.

Agreed.

rafa_maniac
09-21-2008, 02:59 PM
I seem to be saying this alot lately in regards to Rafa's future outfits, but... :help: I assume the idea is that Rafa wears the winner of the "design the fugliest outfit" comp?

Castafiore
09-21-2008, 03:14 PM
^ Oh come on. It's not that bad.....yet. As long as they let Murray let wear that dreary stuff he has to be wearing, these outfits still look fantastic in comparison

the biscuit
09-21-2008, 04:13 PM
I... kinda like the shirt.

But the shorts are a no-go.

star
09-21-2008, 05:50 PM
^ Oh come on. It's not that bad.....yet. As long as they let Murray let wear that dreary stuff he has to be wearing, these outfits still look fantastic in comparison

Excellent point! :yeah:

rafanadal-ever
09-22-2008, 06:30 PM
Bring on the pink thing... because this new napolitan ice cream is horrible just like the light green; blue; white one he will use next year.
can someone get Rafa out of the designer's room?

Tiklish
09-22-2008, 07:08 PM
These outfits annoy me so much that I'll probably go back to being only a casual fan. It's too painful to watch. Most tennis tournaments are on in the middle of the night here in the US, whether on TV, or whether I'm stuck following online. I won't be getting up in the middle of the night to see Rafa dressed like that. And yes, how he looks matters to me and to a lot of people. Tennis is entertainment, it's on TV, a visual media. Rafael Nadal is hot. And I don't see anyone claiming Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson or Jennifer Lopez switching to more conservative clothes would somehow be a good marketing move.

Nike switching Rafa to polo shirts right now makes it look like because he's #1 he's being treated like a long haired t-shirt wearing teenager who has to get a haircut and dress like his father in order to get a job. Well, Rafa's had this job for a long time, and the way he looked on court was acceptable all this time. If this polo shirt thing actually happens, I'll never buy another Nike product in my life OR a polo shirt of ANY kind.

Part of Rafa'a appeal is that he has a different look, and now that's all going to hell. Apparently, the people in charge of this hideous decision believe all #1's must wear polo shirts, and I couldn't help but notice how short Rafa's hair is getting too. A little shorter every tournament. I expect one more trim into a Federer cut within the next few weeks. Rafa's hair was already looking very close to Federer-like on court over the weekend at Davis Cup.

But of course I still have to see all the WTA players sleeveless, and often with their bra straps showing. Unless Nike plans to make them wear sleeves, I as a female viewer feel I'm being discriminated against. Nike, if you're listening, many of us get great pleasure out of looking at Rafa's hot bod, and particularly those arms. Women like to look at men as much as men like to look at women. Wake up, Nike. Sex sells goes for BOTH genders.

Xristos
09-22-2008, 07:17 PM
The hate in you is strong, in all seriousness though Rafa is unique he always has been.

Hopefully all this shit will change but I dont think it will..

l_mac
09-22-2008, 07:55 PM
Maybe we need a serious petition.

Getta
09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Keep hitting on all cylinders!

Metis
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
All this fuss is making me like the outfit more. :lol:

LA1
09-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Wow! There is a lot of emotion here.

I like the new look and when I discovered Rafa, I hated his look but because I love watching him play, I put up with the clothes. I don't believe Nike decided on polo shirts when he became #1, this has been in the works for a while. Besides, if Rafa hates it, then he won't wear it, which is really what matters most to me. As long as he is comfy, go Rafa!

Oh, one last thing, I would like shorter shorts with the polo shirts, it is a good balance and trade off!

10nisfan
09-23-2008, 07:10 PM
I think those members of the Nike Team that Designs Rafa's Outfit are just as Bad are those PPL at Adidas who Designed Djoker's and Verdasco's Orange/Blue Outifts and the Orange/Gray Outfit of some WTA Players... :o

tennis fan 2
09-24-2008, 04:04 AM
Ugly shirt, ugly colors :inlove: but I still love watching Rafa!

Tiklish
09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Bring on the pink thing... because this new napolitan ice cream is horrible just like the light green; blue; white one he will use next year.
can someone get Rafa out of the designer's room?

It's funny you should say it looks like neapolitan ice cream. I told my mother, who also likes Rafa, that it looked like ice cream sherbet or something, and she asked what flavor, and I said neapolitan. I gave her links to the pictures in these threads, and she thinks the shirts look awful too, and she's a senior citizen, and likes Rafa's normal look and doesn't want it changed. Rafa and those arms of his appeal to all ages:)

Tiklish
09-25-2008, 05:09 PM
The hate in you is strong, in all seriousness though Rafa is unique he always has been.

Hopefully all this shit will change but I dont think it will..

It's not hate, it's anger, that yet another one of life's rare pleasures is being taken away from me, and anyone else who enjoys looking at what they will now be covering up. Making me look at Serena's arms, and Sharapova's arms, and Jankovic's arms, and Ivanovic's arms, but taking away the view of Rafa's arms really annoys the hell out of me as a female viewer, or should I say, soon to be former viewer. I won't be able to watch Rafa anymore without getting annoyed thinking about the good old days before Nike screwed it up.

Castafiore
09-25-2008, 05:34 PM
^ I'm guessing that you're a double account.

wildegirl05
09-25-2008, 05:47 PM
hilde, i'm hoping it's just a ACC campaign :o

Castafiore
09-25-2008, 06:04 PM
hilde, i'm hoping it's just a ACC campaign :o
Good start if that's the case.

Xristos
09-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Umm l mac why am I a clown?

star
09-26-2008, 03:27 PM
T I don't see anyone claiming Britney Spears or Jessica Simpson or Jennifer Lopez switching to more conservative clothes would somehow be a good marketing move.

I don't know about it being a good marketing move, but it sure would help my eyes when I open a magazine. :)

But of course I still have to see all the WTA players sleeveless, and often with their bra straps showing. Unless Nike plans to make them wear sleeves, I as a female viewer feel I'm being discriminated against. Nike, if you're listening, many of us get great pleasure out of looking at Rafa's hot bod, and particularly those arms. Women like to look at men as much as men like to look at women. Wake up, Nike. Sex sells goes for BOTH genders.

:rocker2: Bring back the short shorts, Nike!

l_mac
09-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Umm l mac why am I a clown?

You're not :hug: Just an infamous MTFer.

star
09-26-2008, 03:36 PM
My only real fashion problems with the outfit are these: The colors are spring/summer colors, and the top and the shorts don't go together very well.

Speaking seriously, the tennis is more important than the clothes, and god knows I've watched my favorite players wear truly hideous clothing many, many times. I've gotten to the point that all I pray for is clothing that isn't insanely outsized.

l_mac
09-26-2008, 03:40 PM
My only real fashion problems with the outfit are these: The colors are spring/summer colors, and the top and the shorts don't go together very well.

Speaking seriously, the tennis is more important than the clothes, and god knows I've watched my favorite players wear truly hideous clothing many, many times. I've gotten to the point that all I pray for is clothing that isn't insanely outsized.

But.

No more shoulders :sad:

star
09-26-2008, 03:53 PM
But.

No more shoulders :sad:

:hug: All good things come to an end.

BUT, we have yet to see if Nadal can really bring himself to wear these new clothes. :lol: :lol: Can Nadal really do it?????

tennisace21
09-27-2008, 02:28 PM
my god rafa, just stick to your usual pirate style: capris and a sleeveless.

The_Nadal_effect
09-27-2008, 05:40 PM
my god rafa, just stick to your usual pirate style: capris and a sleeveless.

Only thing is, he doesn't have to be a pirate anymore. All the ships have been conquered. He's trying to stuff himself into someone else's royal boots and crowns. Not easy.:sad:

I hope he realises he's at best a pirate.

Xristos, add a poll. Its time we have a consensus on how many Rafatards like watching him wear sleeveless and how many can swallow this new nike propaganda without going pukesy.

tennisace21
09-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Only thing is, he doesn't have to be a pirate anymore. All the ships have been conquered. He's trying to stuff himself into someone else's royal boots and crowns. Not easy.:sad:

I hope he realises he's at best a pirate.

Xristos, add a poll. Its time we have a consensus on how many Rafatards like watching him wear sleeveless and how many can swallow this new nike propaganda without going pukesy.

But this is a differnet pirate. He's a super hot pirate who needs to stay looking super hot with his arms showing!
LOL YES! you just made me laugh.

The_Nadal_effect
09-29-2008, 05:52 PM
But this is a differnet pirate. He's a super hot pirate who needs to stay looking super hot with his arms showing!
LOL YES! you just made me laugh.

He's best a pirate all the same. The piratas and sleeveless lend the best support to his persona. :D

tangerine_dream
09-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Boy, there's a lot of strong reactions in here over an outfit. :lol: Wasn't he supposed to wear a top with sleeves at USO but at the last minute he decided not to? He only wore it for Arthur Ashe Kids Day. It was a nice change for a day but the pirate outfit is so uniquely his that I can't really see him changing his style. Comfort is the name of the game.

It's not hate, it's anger, that yet another one of life's rare pleasures is being taken away from me, and anyone else who enjoys looking at what they will now be covering up. Making me look at Serena's arms, and Sharapova's arms, and Jankovic's arms, and Ivanovic's arms, but taking away the view of Rafa's arms really annoys the hell out of me as a female viewer, or should I say, soon to be former viewer. I won't be able to watch Rafa anymore without getting annoyed thinking about the good old days before Nike screwed it up.
:haha:

Xristos
09-30-2008, 05:30 PM
This will get very intresting..

The_Nadal_effect
10-02-2008, 06:30 AM
This will get very intresting..

You mean he's reverting to sleeveless. How nice!:D

Xristos
10-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Looks like Rafa is debuting his new look at the end of season masters.

In November 2008, at the Shanghai Masters Cup, Rafael Nadal will unveil his new image. Leaving his trademark sleeveless tops behind, from November he will be wearing this new surf-inspired kit. UK exclusive to pwp.com

Castafiore
10-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Surf-inspired? :unsure:

Tiklish
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Looks like our complaints about the possible awful wardrobe change have been heard!

Surfers are shirtless!

:woohoo:

Sure beats those ugly polo shirts Nike wanted to put Rafa in!

tennisace21
10-22-2008, 01:08 AM
Looks like our complaints about the possible awful wardrobe change have been heard!

Surfers are shirtless!

:woohoo:

Sure beats those ugly polo shirts Nike wanted to put Rafa in!

You made me laugh! I love your siggy, say no to polos save rafa!! heheh

Yeah, unfortuantly he'll be stuck in those buttugly, non-revealing polos. Goodbye, Pirate Rafa :(

shanghai i can wait for now.