Guillaume Peyre Appreciation Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Guillaume Peyre Appreciation Thread

Getta
09-20-2008, 03:49 PM
http://i.eurosport.fr/2008/07/16/452809-3201813-317-238.jpg http://64.img.V4.skyrock.net/64a/guillaume-peyre/pics/photo_44018119.jpg

Also, a video for Guillaume's avid fans:

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/iLyROoafYrR9.html

Enjoy. :)

~*BGT*~
09-20-2008, 04:20 PM
More pics :inlove:

Getta
09-20-2008, 04:28 PM
More pics :inlove:

I am the creator. :D

Please ask someone else to do the donkey work.

Truc
09-20-2008, 08:24 PM
There was an article about Peyre in the "Journal du tennis - Roland-Garros 2008", I don't know if it was already posted in Richard's forum? He talks about himself and how he used to work with Nico Mahut.

(InfiniteSadness also posted some time ago an article about him where he was talking about coaching being a vocation for him, about his private life too - he already had 3 kids at the age of 20 -, etc.)

Cin
09-20-2008, 08:36 PM
I read this, he is really different from other coach.

At first, I didnt like him cos of Eric, but I've changed my mind. he does care about Richard, he even followed him to the conference at RG when Richard injuried.

tennis lover
09-20-2008, 11:49 PM
3 kids by the age of 20?! wow. :eek:

lisaplenske
09-20-2008, 11:58 PM
passionate people always give positiveness and help.
I like this guy.I think he can help richard.
He's young so thats even cool.:)

Cin
09-21-2008, 12:26 AM

he is the step-father of the GF of Jonathan Eysseric, isn't he?:confused:

Getta
09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
he is the step-father of the GF of Jonathan Eysseric, isn't he?:confused:

Yes, he is. Camille is her name.

silverwhite
09-21-2008, 02:31 AM
There was an article about Peyre in the "Journal du tennis - Roland-Garros 2008", I don't know if it was already posted in Richard's forum? He talks about himself and how he used to work with Nico Mahut.

(InfiniteSadness also posted some time ago an article about him where he was talking about coaching being a vocation for him, about his private life too - he already had 3 kids at the age of 20 -, etc.)

:speakles:

~*BGT*~
09-21-2008, 03:11 AM

He's a hard worker. :lol:

Truc
09-21-2008, 07:05 AM
I know, it seems strange, that's why I remembered it too!
I just looked it up again, here's the interview I was talking about, he definitely says that. But maybe he means "when I was in my twenties" or he was married to a woman who already had kids, I don't know.
A 20 ans, j'étais marié avec trois enfants (...)
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=7350343&postcount=2743
There are more informations about him in the article and the players he has coached in the past.

lisaplenske
09-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Mon seul reproche c'est qu'il se couche un peu tard(23 heures) mais il m'informe tout le temps de ses activités.
Il me demande par exemple"est ce que je peux aller boire un verre?"
quand je n'y suis pas favorable voila ce que je lui dis: "Voila ce que j'en pense moi.Maintenant si tu le fais quand même tu assumes.
Et c'est seulement sil le fait sans assumer que je lui rentre dedans."

:haha:

at least, that's clear!watch out richard:o:angel::p

~*BGT*~
09-21-2008, 11:29 PM
What is that last sentence en anglais?

Truc
09-22-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm not sure how to say that in English, maybe "I give him hell", "I give him a piece of my mind"? Literally it means to attack somebody, like a wrestler.

He's talking about Nico:
"The only criticism I have to make about him is that he goes to bed a little bit late (23 o'clock), but he always tells me what he is doing. For example he asks me: 'Can I go and have a drink?' If I'm not in favour of it, I tell him: 'Here's what I think about it. Now if you still do it, you'll have to take the consequences.' And I only give him a piece of my mind if he does it without taking the consequences."

PinkFeatherBoa
09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the articles, interesting read. That's a lot of children, he must have worked hard. Hope he can instill this work ethic in Richi!

Venle
09-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Great thread :yeah:

I think Guillaume is just the coach Richard needs right now, and he's hot too :p ;)

~*BGT*~
09-22-2008, 05:19 PM
Was Guille a player in his day? You find a lot of coaches today are retired players.

reggie1
09-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Ahaah, somebody started the thread!! Best looking coach on tour. Was he married to an older woman then? Were the 3 children step children? Sorry, tried to read article but my French just isn't up to it! If any nice french person, or somebody just cleverer than me (Not difficult) could let me know the salient points of article, I would be very grateful.

Truc
09-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Was Guille a player in his day? You find a lot of coaches today are retired players.No, he wasn't. He says in the other article that coaching was a vocation for him, he knew by the age of 17 already that he wanted to be a tennis coach.

I'll let a Gasquetaire make a real summary, but one of the things I found interesting is when he speaks about his experience with Marcos and the necessity of putting up a bareer between himself and the player. They were sleeping in the same room with Marcos since they were so short on cash, they shared everything and that's not good. The respect in the coach/player relationship seems very important to him and he has learned from his experience with Marcos in that regard (hence the quote they picked as a caption: "Nico isn't my friend! I would never go clubbing with him!")

Puschkin
09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
I'll let a Gasquetaire make a real summary, but one of the things I found interesting is when he speaks about his experience with Marcos....

One of the Gasquetaires is horribly busy, but the most interesting part has already beeen summarised by you anyway. :wavey:

Getta
09-24-2008, 12:34 PM
Since Marcos' name has been mentioned in connection with Guillaume:

Guillaume Peyre, la solution?

Invité de la Grande Edition, Marcos Baghdatis revient sur la récente collaboration entre son ancien entraineur Guillaume Peyre et Richard Gasquet.

http://video.lequipe.fr/video/iLyROoafYrad.html

Tess Gray
10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
Merci beaucoup pour le video Getta!:D

That was interesting. I always think it's so weird when players switch trainers amongst eachother. It would almost feel like betrayal one way or another :lol:

BTW,I didn't know Marcos speaks french :lol:

~*BGT*~
03-11-2009, 04:56 PM
Bump for Eimear. :wavey:

Getta
03-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Merci beaucoup pour le video Getta!:D

That was interesting. I always think it's so weird when players switch trainers amongst eachother. It would almost feel like betrayal one way or another :lol:

BTW,I didn't know Marcos speaks french :lol:

Marcos has been living in France since he was 14.

Pretty sure he's thinking in French.