The Rafa Forum's Fantasy Sports and vBetting Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Rafa Forum's Fantasy Sports and vBetting Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:32 AM
Yay, fellowship! Yay!

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 04:36 AM
I lied. We do bite....hard. :boxing: There is no introduction thread in the Rafa Forum--and that's your introduction. This thread is actually devoted to discussing the Rafa Forum Fantasy (American) Football League. Gridiron--love it or leave it. :smooch:

i was hoping for an arrangement of words that could be shortened to RAFA :( :sad:

i can't lie BD, that will be disappointing to rafatards who wander in here to yell Raaaaaafffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:worship:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:49 AM
i was hoping for an arrangement of words that could be shortened to RAFA :( :sad:

i can't lie BD, that will be disappointing to rafatards who wander in here to yell Raaaaaafffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :rocker2:

Not bad, not bad. You have to go through the appropriate channels, though. :( Make the suggestion to Subcommissioner Tappy first.

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 04:53 AM
Not bad, not bad. You have to go through the appropriate channels, though. :( Make the suggestion to Subcommissioner Tappy first.

that sounds like red tape. rafatards don't roll like that :rocker:

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 04:53 AM
OK I singed up me team, it might... it might... I might change it. The name. Cuz. I don't know if I have the rocks to pull it out for a whole season. But whatever. :rocker2:

maybe I should have let metis name it... :unsure:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:58 AM
OK I singed up me team, it might... it might... I might change it. The name. Cuz. I don't know if I have the rocks to pull it out for a whole season. But whatever. :rocker2:

maybe I should have let metis name it... :unsure:

Awesome. :D The league is complete.

EDIT: SF, you also get credit for finding the thread without receiving notification of its existence. :yeah: I was just about to PM you.

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 05:03 AM

Errr... Rockin' American Football Association?

Riotous Asskickin Football Amateurs Eternally Loving Nadal. And Dancing. And Loudness?

Metis
09-19-2008, 05:16 AM
the death of the chat thread is near... :sad:

jeahhh!
09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
I found the thread :banana: so when do i have to start actually doing things for this? :unsure: :rolls:

Clara Bow
09-19-2008, 05:24 AM
Well- I hope my husband chose well. I had input of course, with suggestions and putting in some talented players from my favorite two teams. And I would not allow for a certain player- who I think is an utter douchebag to be included. I can not stand this player. I could not stand him in college and I can't stand him.

the death of the chat thread is near...

It may live on. I can't believe I have spent so much time defending American football- but I have been viewing Barry Sanders clips on youtube the past week (my dad was a huge fan and mentioned him this weekend so I have been nostalgic.)

I take it this is the thread where we can complain about our league commissioner? :p

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 05:30 AM
I found the thread :banana: so when do i have to start actually doing things for this? :unsure: :rolls:

Did you get those two emails I sent? You'll want to edit the draft rankings--or maybe you won't. :p

I take it this is the thread where we can complain about our league commissioner? :p

Yup, but if it gets too bad I'll just throw Tappy under the bus and run away. :D

jeahhh!
09-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Did you get those two emails I sent? You'll want to edit the draft rankings--or maybe you won't. :p

ooh I did, how do I do that? :sad::confused:

*goes to read email and learn*

bokehlicious
09-19-2008, 07:47 AM
Hello,

My name is JM and I am a huuuuge Rafa fan. I fell in love with the guy since the first time I heard him grunting and watched him picking his ass :hearts:

Bamos Rafiño hombre :rocker2: :inlove:

:D

l_mac
09-19-2008, 08:25 AM
BD if you don't change the name of this thread I will complain to Carlita.

Serious.

bokehlicious
09-19-2008, 08:39 AM

Serious.

:baby: :baby: :baby:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 08:40 AM
:baby: :baby: :baby:

:hug: :hug:

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 08:41 AM
Hello,

My name is JM and I am a huuuuge Rafa fan. I fell in love with the guy since the first time I heard him grunting and watched him picking his ass :hearts:

:haha:

My name is Adam and I am a big Federer fan. His game is just incredible, quite simply the GOAT. His shotmaking is :hearts: :drool: :inlove:. Another feature of his brilliance is his hair, an absolute work of art :inlove: I could go on all day about how awesome he is, but I respect that I am in evil Nadull's forum so I will hold off.

Hopp Rogi :banana:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 09:11 AM

Serious.

Jesus Christ. What's wrong with it? :confused: It's not malicious and it doesn't really give Rafa fans a bad name because it's clearly lighthearted. It's not as if we have a proper introduction thread, so there's no confusion. It's also a playful jab at the Nole Forum, as they have a thread with the same exact title.

EDIT: I'd prefer it if you answered my question before going to Carlita. Thanks.

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 09:32 AM
My research is beginning. *puts on evil Hollywood voice*.....You should all be afraid, very afraid :cool:

bokehlicious
09-19-2008, 09:36 AM

Seriously, what's wrong with you these days? :awww: I know women have some days in the month when they tend to be moody :angel: :o but I thought you'd get over it quicker :shrug: :o

My research is beginning. *puts on evil Hollywood voice*.....You should all be afraid, very afraid :cool:

:( I won't have time to edit my team :( :sad:

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 09:52 AM
:hug:

You could always get your priorities right and ditch Federer to sort out your team :p

Seriously, you won't have time tonight or tomorrow morning? :sad: I don't want you to have any excuses :(

Castafiore
09-19-2008, 10:01 AM
I know women have some days in the month when they tend to be moody :angel: :o but I thought you'd get over it quicker :shrug: :o
:lol: Oh man, you're treading on thin ice here. :bolt:

Minn
09-19-2008, 11:07 AM
I lied. We do bite....hard. :boxing: There is no introduction thread in the Rafa Forum, and that's your introduction. This thread is actually reserved for discussion of the Rafa Forum Fantasy (American) Football League. Gridiron--love it or leave it. :rocker2:

This football league is bringing out the aggressive side of BD. :)

Riotous Asskickin Football Amateurs Eternally Loving Nadal. And Dancing. And Loudness?

:lol:

It may live on. I can't believe I have spent so much time defending American football- but I have been viewing Barry Sanders clips on youtube the past week (my dad was a huge fan and mentioned him this weekend so I have been nostalgic.)

:worship:

Hello,

Finally, JM reveals his true feelings. :hug:

Minn
09-19-2008, 11:12 AM

Seriously, what's wrong with you these days? :awww: I know women have some days in the month when they tend to be moody :angel: :o but I thought you'd get over it quicker :shrug: :o

Your wife must be very forgiving.

Do it right now. I did a bit last night. It only takes a couple minutes.

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 11:54 AM
BD, the Borat video in the email is :haha: :worship: :bowdown:

Borat = The comedian GOAT :inlove:

Metis
09-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I agree with Linda. Why be misleading with this title? :confused: Better to state clearly it's for Fantasy Football. BD I'm sure you can find a way to be lighthearted in that case too. :D

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 02:35 PM
BD, the Borat video in the email is :haha: :worship: :bowdown:

Was I supposed to get the email? Was it important? :unsure:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 02:44 PM
Was I supposed to get the email? Was it important? :unsure:

I sent two emails to you. They are fairly important, but you will still get a team even if you don't read them. :p

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 02:53 PM
But I read them and there was no borat videos... unless... I'm too stupid to recognize a borat video. There was a video about a dude with a weird last name but I didn't see Borat in it...

Edit: Ok omg, nevermind. I didn't realize I was gonna have to know how to read good in order to play this fukin game. :rolleyes:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 02:58 PM
:rolls: i can't believe I found it so easily :haha:

I was like "HOW DARE THEY BLATANTLY COPY THE TITLE OF A NOVAK FORUM THREAD LIKE THAT :mad: :armed: "

:rolls:

Hey people :D

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Jesus Christ. What's wrong with it? :confused: It's not malicious and it doesn't really give Rafa fans a bad name because it's clearly lighthearted. It's not as if we have a proper introduction thread, so there's no confusion. It's also a playful jab at the Nole Forum, as they have a thread with the same exact title.

EDIT: I'd prefer it if you answered my question before going to Carlita. Thanks.

It is unnecessarily misleading and there is currently a pleasant little truce going on with the Nole forum :armed:

I agree with Linda. Why be misleading with this title? :confused: Better to state clearly it's for Fantasy Football. BD I'm sure you can find a way to be lighthearted in that case too. :D

I must agree :sad:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:00 PM

these have potential :bigclap:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:02 PM

I am a fan of this :rolls:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:06 PM
if we could get something that shortened to RAFA ASS :drool: that would be ideal. i know fanboys like adam and JM would support this idea :)

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:07 PM
if we could get something that shortened to RAFA ASS :drool: that would be ideal. i know fanboys like adam and JM would support this idea :)

The Rockin' American Football Association's Amazingly Selective Squad :p :rolls:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:09 PM
The Rockin' American Football Association's Amazingly Selective Squad :p :rolls:

:worship: :worship:

i recommend we change our title to this :rocker: it is befitting and we can never have too many odes to RAFA ASS :inlove:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 03:13 PM
But I read them and there was no borat videos... unless... I'm too stupid to recognize a borat video. There was a video about a dude with a weird last name but I didn't see Borat in it...

Edit: Ok omg, nevermind. I didn't realize I was gonna have to know how to read good in order to play this fukin game. :rolleyes:

I was like "HOW DARE THEY BLATANTLY COPY THE TITLE OF A NOVAK FORUM THREAD LIKE THAT :mad: :armed: "

:awww:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:14 PM
:worship: :worship:

i recommend we change our title to this :rocker: it is befitting and we can never have too many odes to RAFA ASS :inlove:

Or the title could just be R.A.F.A.A.S.S. and only those in the know would understand :D

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 03:16 PM
Or the title could just be R.A.F.A.A.S.S. and only those in the know would understand :D

No way. :armed: That's misleading! :( I'm not up for that. :mad:

Actually, that acronym isn't even short for a title that explains that this is a fantasy AF league, so it's doubly misleading. :o

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:17 PM

you must have had your wheaties today :bigclap:

of course BD won't listen to this suggestion. per usual :mad:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:18 PM
No way. :armed: That's misleading! :( I'm not up for that. :mad:

Actually, that acronym isn't even short for a title that explains that this is a fantasy AF league, so it's doubly misleading. :o

Blah blah blah blah blah.

There aren't two F's in Rafa or ass :sad: It is impossible to get them both in :sad:

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 03:20 PM
Well how about RAFA ASS Fantasy?

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:21 PM
i posted a new poll because someone deleted my original one :sad:

it felt like my free speech was squashed by a raging mod :mad:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:22 PM

:worship: :worship: :worship:

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 03:23 PM
Can we have a slightly more interesting title? :p

Not that I have any good titles to provide, I just wanted to make the point :o

I'm happy with the ass theme if Serena's is also appreciated :cool:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:23 PM

Simple solution :D

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:27 PM

:rolleyes:

And yet you have none of your usual humour to share with us? What are you good for? :sad:

:ras:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
i posted a new poll because someone deleted my original one :sad:

it felt like my free speech was squashed by a raging mod :mad:

I told you, I'm still working on finding the culprit. :( Give me time. I have it narrowed down to five suspects right now.

Let's have some decent suggestions. I have a feeling a title would the word "ass" would ruffle a few feathers, though. :shrug:

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes:

And yet you have none of your usual humour to share with us? What are you good for? :sad:

:ras:
I'm only in this competition to spice things up, there seems to be far too many niceties at the moment. JM and I will bring some much needed competitiveness to it :cool:

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 03:33 PM
Let's have some decent suggestions. I have a feeling a title would the word "ass" would ruffle a few feathers, though. :shrug:
Can we just call it 'the Sania Mirza pictures thread' :hearts:

I'll happily provide plenty of pictures to ensure the title isn't misleading :angel: :cool:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:34 PM
ass is not a cuss word, especially if posted as an acronym :shrug: such as R.A.F.A.-A.S.S.-FANTASY. come on bd! don't be scared :armed:

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 03:35 PM
Errr... Rafa's End Zone? Um... We Heart Tight Ends? Um... Backfields in Motion... I mean jesus christ this is one of the most asspunny sports on earth...

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:37 PM
Oooh I like Rafa's End Zone :)

Rafa's End Zone - The Rafa Forum Fantasy Football Thread

Bibberz
ass is not a cuss word, especially if posted as an acronym :shrug: such as R.A.F.A.-A.S.S.-FANTASY. come on bd! don't be scared :armed:

I personally favor a very plain, descriptive title. This one won't make you :rolls: but at least it's not misleading or offensive. :p

wildegirl05
I'm only in this competition to spice things up, there seems to be far too many niceties at the moment. JM and I will bring some much needed competitiveness to it :cool:

don't you mean some much needed :couple: to it? :D

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 03:38 PM
And since when is "arse" OK but "ass" isn't? Is this some kind of pro-British bias?

Bibberz
Errr... Rafa's End Zone? Um... We Heart Tight Ends? Um... Backfields in Motion... I mean jesus christ this is one of the most asspunny sports on earth...

:haha: Those aren't bad at all. :rolls:

l_mac

:rolleyes: I was joking about you having a misleading thread title. There are enough dolts posting in the forum without a thread that seems to invite them in. Who reads through an introduction thread before posting?

:spit:

There's nothing to get over and there's nothing wrong with me :awww:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:39 PM
The Rafa's Tight End Appreciation Thread (and Fantasy Football talk)

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
don't you mean some much needed :couple: to it? :D
It's a shame scoobs isn't playing, it could have carried on "the holy trinity" :awww:
And since when is "arse" OK but "ass" isn't? Is this some kind of pro-British bias?
Speaking of which....

BD, I'm still working my way through your emails, they are excellent :worship: thanks. My only request is that the next edition of your newsletter is in English, not American English. What the hell is offense :scratch: :p

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:40 PM
I personally favor a very plain, descriptive title. This one won't make you :rolls: but at least it's not misleading or offensive. :p

you sound like you're teaching legal writing 101 :help: come on BD. grow a pair :rolleyes:

Snoo Foo
09-19-2008, 03:42 PM

Rafa's TEAT for short :scratch:

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:43 PM

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 03:44 PM
This is the problem with women and sport :smash:

You've got myself and JM rigorously researching American Football rules, stats etc. Whatever it takes to win. Whereas all the women can think about are asses :o

savesthedizzle
09-19-2008, 03:45 PM

You've got myself and JM rigorously researching American Football rules, stats etc. Whatever it takes to win. Whereas all the women can think about are asses :o

Have you seen football pants yet? :inlove: how could we not? Even though I still say baseball pants are better because there isn't any padding restricting the view :D

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM

it's all the research that's needed to kick your and JM's asses :shrug:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 03:46 PM
BD, I'm still working my way through your emails, they are excellent :worship: thanks. My only request is that the next edition of your newsletter is in English, not American English. What the hell is offense :scratch: :p

Hey, I try to meet you Brits halfway. I used the expression "fill your boots" yesterday. :shrug:

you sound like you're teaching legal writing 101 :help: come on BD. grow a pair :rolleyes:

It's not like my first choice was something plain. :rolleyes:

I'll grow a pair if you lose yours--you're very aggressive and you say too many mean and hurtful things. :awww:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
It's not like my first choice was something plain. :rolleyes:

I'll grow a pair if you lose yours--you're very aggressive and you say too many mean and hurtful things. :awww:

:rolleyes: should have let scoobsy run this thing. never in doubt.

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 03:49 PM
:rolleyes: should have let scoobsy run this thing. never in doubt.
Holy crap no. :o

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 04:11 PM
BD, I have a question :scratch:

I'm doing my draft editing now, if I just put like 50 guys in my wanted list....it will try to get me who they can, and then it will take the rest from the middle list, right?

Edit - Also, I'm reading a lot about Tom Brady but can't see him on the players list? :unsure:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:15 PM
BD, I have a question :scratch:

I'm doing my draft editing now, if I just put like 50 guys in my wanted list....it will try to get me who they can, and then it will take the rest from the middle list, right?

I'm almost certain that's correct, but just to be sure, I always move everybody from the middle list over to the list on the right (at the end of that list). There's no reason not to do that.

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Fair point :hatoff:

I added an edit, can you answer that as well please? :worship:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Edit - Also, I'm reading a lot about Tom Brady but can't see him on the players list? :unsure:

Brady had arguably the best season of any QB ever last year. He was poised to do extremely well this year, but he tore his MCL and ACL within the first fifteen minutes of the first game. He is most definitely out for the season. You can still draft him if you really, really want him--his ranking is #2002. :o

EDIT: Tom Brady's backup, Matt Cassel, now runs the Pats' offense. Last week was his first start since HIGH SCHOOL. Serious. Still, he's not bad, and he does have a lot of talent around him. The problem (from a fantasy perspective) is that the team has decided to run the ball a lot more now that Brady's out.

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 04:29 PM
Brady had arguably the best season of any QB ever last year. He was poised to do extremely well this year, but he tore his MCL and ACL within the first fifteen minutes of the first game. He is most definitely out for the season. You can still draft him if you really, really want him--his ranking is #2002. :o

EDIT: Tom Brady's backup, Matt Cassel, now runs the Pats' offense. Last week was his first start since HIGH SCHOOL. Serious. Still, he's not bad, and he does have a lot of talent around him. The problem (from a fantasy perspective) is that the team has decided to run the ball a lot more now that Brady's out.
Ah that explains it, thanks :lol:

Last question...what does it mean San Diego (SD - DST) etc....it has one of those for each of the teams.

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Ah that explains it, thanks :lol:

Last question...what does it mean San Diego (SD - DST) etc....it has one of those for each of the teams.

DST stands for "Defense & Special Teams." You'll be starting one DST each week. DSTs are not typically drafted any earlier than rounds 8-9 because you won't start the same DST every week--you'll often pick the one that faces the worst offense. I tend to draft one DST and add another one AFTER THE AUTODRAFT.

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 04:44 PM
DST stands for "Defense & Special Teams." You'll be starting one DST each week. DSTs are not typically drafted any earlier than rounds 8-9 because you won't start the same DST every week--you'll often pick the one that faces the worst offense. I tend to draft one DST and add another one AFTER THE AUTODRAFT.
Ok I got you :yeah:

I've gone for a slightly risky tactic, I will reveal it after the draft :sport:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Ok I got you :yeah:

I've gone for a slightly risky tactic, I will reveal it after the draft :sport:

Uh oh. :lol: The default ranking is reasonably good. You might not want to stray too far. :p

Ryan, this English guy, had the first overall pick in the other MTF FF league. He made some questionable picks and some people--JayJay, most notably--really made fun of him. Ryan crushed JayJay during the first week, after which JayJay still managed to run his mouth. :haha: Unorthodox can work. :D

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 05:50 PM
My favorite football play of all time:

m3C4P9O20Qk

WG gets a special :smooch: for teaching me how to embed YT clips. :D

Brett Favre and the Packers had slaughtered the Niners for four straight years before this WC playoff game in January of 1999. :sobbing: The tennis equivalent of this would be Roger beating Rafa in the QF of the FO by a score of 7-6, 6-7, 7-6, 6-7, 12-10 (after saving 6 MPs) .

The Niners lost by two points in their next playoff game when they played the Atlanta Falcons. The Niners probably would have won that game, but Garrison Hearst, the starting RB, fractured his ankle on the first play. :sad: This was Steve Young's last playoff victory.

Minn
09-19-2008, 07:29 PM
:lol: Reading this thread was a nice way to end my workday. :D

Metis
09-19-2008, 08:27 PM

Oooh I like Rafa's End Zone :)

Rafa's End Zone - The Rafa Forum Fantasy Football Thread

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

See, if we hadn't complained about the title, this discussion wouldn't have happened. :D

jayjay
09-19-2008, 09:10 PM
He made some questionable picks and some people--JayJay, most notably--really made fun of him.

Nice to see you playing in another NFL Fantasy game. If you play in about 17,484 of them this season, you might win one.

Ryan crushed JayJay during the first week, after which JayJay still managed to run his mouth. :haha:

That's "defending champion and all around good guy Jay Jay", to you, son. I notice you've been running your mouth off in this thread amongst a bunch of novices and pussy cats. Since you've been playing with lions and tigers you've been getting torn apart.

Week 11, we'll see if you've still got anything to say.

ps. Jim Mora had some comments to make about your post-season hopes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 09:19 PM
Nice to see you playing in another NFL Fantasy game. If you play in about 17,484 of them this season, you might win one.

:speakles: So you can be a jagoff in more than one thread. :bigclap: That settles that, eh?

That's "defending champion and all around good guy Jay Jay", to you, son. I notice you've been running your mouth off in this thread amongst a bunch of novices and pussy cats. Since you've been playing with lions and tigers you've been getting torn apart.
You and I are both 1-1 in that league, slugger. The only difference is that I've put up more points than you both weeks. :hatoff:

Week 11, we'll see if you've still got anything to say. Let's make a deal. I won't talk about your team in either FF thread and you don't talk about my team in this thread. (Feel free to slag me off there, though.) How's 'bout it? :D

ps. Jim Mora had some comments to make about your post-season hopes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrMYeah, I'm not going to bother clicking on that--it's not embedded. :shrug:

jayjay
09-19-2008, 09:26 PM
:speakles: So you can be a jagoff in more than one thread. :bigclap: That settles that, eh?

:bigcry:

You and I are both 1-1 in that league, slugger.

Good luck in your new league, where you have to explain the rules to people. Big challenge.

Let's make a deal. I won't talk about your team in either FF thread and you don't talk about my team in this thread. (Feel free to slag me off there, though.) How's 'bout it? :D

Er...I've got no intention of talking about your team in either thread, other than for banter purposes, but since you've already gone all :baby: , I'll leave you to it. Sorry for imposing in on your precious thread, as you were.

Yeah, I'm not going to bother clicking on that--it's not embedded. :shrug:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM

My suspicions confirmed.

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Good luck in your new league, where you have to explain the rules to people. Big challenge.
This league's for fellowship first and everything else--including winning--second. That's my position anyway.

Er...I've got no intention of talking about your team in either thread, other than for banter purposes, but since you've already gone all :baby: ,

I'll leave you to it. Sorry for imposing in on your precious thread, as you were.

jayjay
09-19-2008, 09:38 PM

This league's for fellowship first and everything else--including winning--second. That's my position anyway.

Yay for fellowship! Yay! http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/jerkit.gif

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 09:38 PM
:sobbing: Our cover was blown the moment I changed the thread title. Who knows how long we might have lasted otherwise? :haha:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Yay for fellowship! Yay! http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/jerkit.gif

:smooch:

adee-gee
09-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Can we have jayjay in our league? :hearts:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 10:38 PM

My suspicions confirmed.

see. these are the moments where i really miss you. dammit woman :p

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 12:48 AM
BD, are you around? what do i have to do to use the default rankings? i think i messed it up :sad:

Snoo Foo
09-20-2008, 01:15 AM
If you want to use the default rankings, go to the "Draft" tab then pick "Draft Rankings" then "Edit" and then if you have any dudes listed in "My Players" or "Excluded Players," just move them all back to the middle column ("List of Players") and then "Save Draft Rankings."

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 01:21 AM
If you want to use the default rankings, go to the "Draft" tab then pick "Draft Rankings" then "Edit" and then if you have any dudes listed in "My Players" or "Excluded Players," just move them all back to the middle column ("List of Players") and then "Save Draft Rankings."

thanks :hug: BD just helped me out. but in case any other noobs are also trying this (unlikely :o) it won't let you save unless you have some players in the "my players" column. so you'd have to pick some players from the list of players before you can save.

Minn
09-20-2008, 04:48 AM
:wavey: Is everyone getting their drafting orders in place? :)

Edit: Mine are done :D and the draft's just a few hours away. :)

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Adam

Adam, can you tell us your draft strategy now? It looks like your plan was to draft as many future Hall of Fame QBs as possible. :scared: You also grabbed the best TE in the game. :yeah:

BD

Apparently my plan was to not draft a top-flight RB. :rocker2:

JM

Your first pick was the player I ranked first. :p He's a touchdown factory. You play Adam in seven weeks. That'll be a showdown. :boxing:

Gertie

You have a very well rounded team. :worship: All that research paid off.

Tappy

You took Cutler. :( He was my top-ranked QB, but I didn't rank him nearly as high as you. I'm not going to compliment your team because we play each other this weekend in the other MTF FFL. :armed:

Jess

You'll be fine if you can cajole Adam into trading you a QB. :D

Snoo Foo

You did well to draft Brandon Marshall. I bumped him up considerably, but it looks like I just missed him. Good looking team. :)

Aimee

You got LT! :bigclap: I wanted to get my home team's RB, but Clara Bow (and her husband) outfoxed me. :o

Clara Bow

Your first five picks were RBs. :speakles: So that's where they all went.

WG

The default autodraft ranking definitely had your back for four of your first five picks. :D You ended up with Marques Colston, who, as I mentioned in my email, will be out for the next 4 weeks at least. He's still worth keeping on your roster, but you won't be able to start him anytime soon. Your RBs and QBs are very solid. :p

bokehlicious
09-20-2008, 10:17 AM

You could always get your priorities right and ditch Federer to sort out your team :p

Seriously, you won't have time tonight or tomorrow morning? :sad: I don't want you to have any excuses :(

:lol: I'm home for half an hour now :sad: no time to edit anything :shrug: *sigh* :o

:lol: Oh man, you're treading on thin ice here. :bolt:

:angel: :p

:secret: I'm just behind some annoying Belgians, gosh, I think all of them have drunk 100 beers each during yesterday's matches :unsure: :o

Your wife must be very forgiving.

:angel: :o :wavey:

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 11:14 AM
Okay, we've all drafted our players. The hard part is essentially over. Hopefully this will be my last really drawn out fantasy football post/email. :o I'm going to go over the waiver system. It seems complicated, and at least it's the most complicated thing you'll have to go through from here on out. It's actually quite simple, though.

Basics of the Waiver Wire System
Throughout the season we will add/drop players. Some of the players we wish to add will need to be picked up off waivers. For example, at the moment, all undrafted players on the waiver wire. When adding players off the waiver wire, the manager with the higher waiver priority (e.g. WG has the #1 spot here) will get that player over another manager with a lesser priority (e.g. JM, #9) who also wants that player.

Example - So if both WG and JM wanted to add RB Michael Pittman WG would get the player because she had the higher waiver priority. After she gets this player, though, her waiver priority drops from #1 to #10. If I were to add a player off waivers right after them my waiver priority would drop to #10 (because it was the most recent waiver activity) and WG's priority would now be #9.

Our Current "Problem"

Right now we could all stand to adjust our rosters slightly because we either (1) have some dead weight on our roster and/or (2) we simply don't have an adequate starter at a given position. For example, WG has one TE and that TE's probably not going to play, so she'd want to find one who is expected to start.

The problem here is that all the undrafted players are on the waiver wire and they will not "clear waivers" (i.e. be added to our rosters) until Monday, which is obviously one day after most of the games will be played. :o We've run into this problem because we held the autodraft so late in the week--we had no choice, though. :sad:

Solutions

(1) I can actually abolish the waiver system for this week and make it so players can be added instantaneously.

If we did this, the first manager to add a player would get that player--there would be no fooling around with waiver priorities. We would therefore all be able to adjust our rosters in time for Sunday's games. However, abolishing the waiver system would put those who drafted last (Aimee, Clara, and WG, respectively) at a disadvantage. WG has #1 waiver priority because she had the tenth and las drafting spot. She's been giving the best waiver priority in order to offset the disadvantage of having to draft last. It would therefore be unfair to her and some of the others if we completely leveled the playing field by scarpping the waiver system for this week.

(2) We could do nothing.

This would mean that none of us would be able to add new players in time for Sunday's games. It would be annoying, sure, but it would annoying for everyone to some degree. In WG's case she wouldn't be able to get that TE she needs, but she would still have the #1 waiver priority for Monday.

I won't take any action unless we're able to reach some sort of consensus. :p

EDIT: Apparently WG's TE is supposed to play this weekend after all. :banana: In fact, I've just checked and it looks like no one will have vacancies in their starting roster. :dance: This definitely cuts in favor of option 2--i.e. not doing anything.

EDIT EDIT: We're not going to do anything. I encourage you to add/drop as many players as you like. The waivers will be processed in the wee hours of Monday morning and that's when you'll get players. I should point out that you'll be able to really determine whether you want some of your players based on their performances tomorrow. You should wait until then before ultimately deciding whether to add/drop then.

Minn
09-20-2008, 12:26 PM
^^ This is what I got on here this morning hoping for. :yeah: :hug:

savesthedizzle
09-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Who is Mirka's Pet :armed: They're the one who stole the QB I wanted :armed:

Minn
09-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Our Current "Problem"

(1) I can actually abolish the waiver system for this week and make it so players can be added instantaneously.

(2) We could do nothing.

I won't take any action unless we're able to reach some sort of consensus. :p

I'm OK with #2.

However, I'd also be okay with a variation on #1. Could you open it up and put us on a trust system? I know this wouldn't work if we were all die-hard fans, but we're not :o so I'm wondering if we could be relied on to just choose one player at a time in a specific order. (i.e. WG first, etc.) We'd also all have to agree to choose one person before Sunday's games to make it fair. We'd all have to post something here so that the next person knows it's his/her turn to take someone.

If this is too complicated, and it might be, like I said, #2's OK.

Minn
09-20-2008, 12:35 PM

I think you can blame Cheryl. :D

savesthedizzle
09-20-2008, 12:57 PM
I think you can blame Cheryl. :D

:mad: Cheryl :armed:

Well I attempted to add some other people if it is approved :armed:

Minn
09-20-2008, 01:18 PM
I have a question. How close to the start of a game can we make changes to our starters?

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 02:19 PM
can ANYTHING about this be uncomplicated? i mean, seriously, anything. BD, i vote for option 2 in your long post. do nothing. when in doubt, my vote's always gonna be do nothing :dance:

adam, can you PLEASE start a footie league? i feel the need for it strongly :p

Snoo Foo
09-20-2008, 02:46 PM
Who the f is Brandon Marshall? I don't know who any of these guys are... I mean, no disrespect to them. Except The Lesser Manning. I know who he is. BD recommended all sorts of dudes then took them for himself :armed: (Plaxico :bigcry:).

I voute we do nothing cuz I don't feel like doing anything, I just want to play some goddamn football, knock some people down, starting with Mardy Fish. I should have been a fantasy player instead of a fantasy manager.

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 03:00 PM
Who the f is Brandon Marshall? I don't know who any of these guys are... I mean, no disrespect to them. Except The Lesser Manning. I know who he is. BD recommended all sorts of dudes then took them for himself :armed: (Plaxico :bigcry:).

I voute we do nothing cuz I don't feel like doing anything, I just want to play some goddamn football, knock some people down, starting with Mardy Fish. I should have been a fantasy player instead of a fantasy manager.

that won't be hard. fishy's a lover, not a fighter :hearts:

Clara Bow
09-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Okay set my team for this week.

Are ya ready Snoo- I think we do battle this week! :boxing:

I guess we can wait and do the waiver next week, since I think that typically you start the waiver after the first week of play.

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 04:25 PM
First things first--thanks for reading my last post. I appreciate it. This may seem complicated now, but you'll have the hang of basically everything after tomorrow. :dance:

^^ This is what I got on here this morning hoping for. :yeah: :hug:

I know. :( I like the guy I got, though.

I'm OK with #2.

However, I'd also be okay with a variation on #1. Could you open it up and put us on a trust system? I know this wouldn't work if we were all die-hard fans, but we're not :o so I'm wondering if we could be relied on to just choose one player at a time in a specific order. (i.e. WG first, etc.) We'd also all have to agree to choose one person before Sunday's games to make it fair. We'd all have to post something here so that the next person knows it's his/her turn to take someone.

If this is too complicated, and it might be, like I said, #2's OK.

Thanks for thinking outside the box. :D I thought about what you said, but that will get sort of complicated. Somewhere along the line someone would take a really long time to make a selection (or they would just be nonresponsive), and we'd end up with only five people getting to add players.

For the record, it doesn't really have to be based on trust. I'll know when people add players and I have a tremendous amount of authority as commissioner. I can dictate schedule, reverse trades, make changes to rosters, etc.--I won't do any of this stuff, though, obviously. You'll know when I make any significant changes because you'll receive emails telling you as much. Don't expect any of those emails out of the blue. :p

I have a question. How close to the start of a game can we make changes to our starters?

Really close. I've made changes within one minute, and I believe that's as close as you can get.

can ANYTHING about this be uncomplicated? i mean, seriously, anything. BD, i vote for option 2 in your long post. do nothing. when in doubt, my vote's always gonna be do nothing :dance:

First, I already explained the basics of the waiver system. You know this. Don't worry. We'll stick with option two. In the meantime, you just need to make sure you start your most productive players. :) FoxFF updates you on their injury status and makes predictions about their performance in upcoming games--just familiarize yourself with the site a little. You're not expected to read the newspaper or watch ESPN or do anything like that. It's EASY. You don't even need to actually watch the sport, although it makes following your fantasy team infinitely more fun.

Second, it doesn't sound like you've played any head-to-head fantasy sport before. It is simply magic compared rotisserie leagues--i.e. those leagues where you accrue points throughout one very long season. I first started playing rotisserie basketball leagues before I played head-to-head leagues. Rotisserie leagues suck and they're almost always anti-climactic. Hopefully you'll be online in 25 hours and you'll truly understand how head-to-head works. It's incredible, I tell you. :D

Brandon Marshall is a freak. He's the best receiver in what is probably the best passing offense in the league. He caught 18 pases last game, setting a franchise record. The NFL record is 20. He was the most targeted receiver last year, meaning he had the most amount of passes thrown his way. He's good. :p

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 04:40 PM
WG, if you go to your team you'll see that you already have almost ALL of your starters in place. FoxFF had made predictions about how well each of your players will do on Sunday, taking into consideration their recent form and their matchup. Sometimes the predictions are off, and sometimes they're freakishly accurate. Right now FoxFF predicts that you'll put up 92 points, which is often enough to win a fantasy game. :banana: In fact, FoxFF predicts that you will win your game, as it seems to think that Jess will score 87 points. :p

Right now you only need to make ONE roster change. You need to replace Marques Colston on your starting roster. As I said, he will miss at least the next four or five games. Looking at your bench, the answer is clear--replace him with M. Booker. (Your other WR is actually better, but he's supposed to miss tomorrow's game, so you only have one choice.) That's the ONLY change you need to make before you play Jess. :D You'll need to rely heavily on your QB and RBs, but you certainly have a shot at winning. :dance:

Snoo Foo
09-20-2008, 04:45 PM
He's the best receiver in what is probably the best passing offense in the league. He caught 18 pases last game, setting a franchise record. The NFL record is 20. He was the most targeted receiver last year, meaning he had the most amount of passes thrown his way. He's good. :p

Oh yeah, of course, that Brandon Marshall. Genius pick by me :yeah:

Mkay Carrie, it's on... :armed: Man it's too early and I'm too sober for trash talking, will there be some kind of livescore for this?

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 04:53 PM
WG, if you go to your team you'll see that you already have almost ALL of your starters in place. FoxFF had made predictions about how well each of your players will do on Sunday, taking into consideration their recent form and their matchup. Sometimes the predictions are off, and sometimes they're freakishly accurate. Right now FoxFF predicts that you'll put up 92 points, which is often enough to win a fantasy game. :banana: In fact, FoxFF predicts that you will win your game, as it seems to think that Jess will score 87 points. :p

Right now you only need to make ONE roster change. You need to replace Marques Colston on your starting roster. As I said, he will miss at least the next four or five games. Looking at your bench, the answer is clear--replace him with M. Booker. (Your other WR is actually better, but he's supposed to miss tomorrow's game, so you only have one choice.) That's the ONLY change you need to make before you play Jess. :D You'll need to rely heavily on your QB and RBs, but you certainly have a shot at winning. :dance:

you're a good coach, BD :hug: i'll do it later today :dance:

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 05:01 PM
you're a good coach, BD :hug: i'll do it later today :dance:

:hatoff: You NEED to use your waiver priority to pick a WR--that's your only "weak" spot at the moment.

jeahhh!
09-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Aimee

You got LT! :bigclap: I wanted to get my home team's RB, but Clara Bow (and her husband) outfoxed me. :o

:rocker2: I just saw this :D though I haven't really looked at anyone else, hopefully they are good :scared:

I just got up after very few hours sleep, and am really not in a good state to be doing anything atm. :o

jayjay
09-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Can we have jayjay in our league? :hearts:

I hope you win it, mate. Or Linda if she is playing. :)

Anyway, fellowship is the undoubted winner (as well as BD given that he seems to have told everyone who to draft, will be setting their rosters and making their waiver claims).

Good luck to all the players in this league. Yay for all your rosters. Yay for life. Yay for cookies and cream.

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 05:34 PM

Linda's not playing.

Anyway, fellowship is the undoubted winner (as well as BD given that he seems to have told everyone who to draft, will be setting their rosters and making their waiver claims).

:aplot:

Good luck to all the players in this league. Yay for all your rosters. Yay for life. Yay for cookies and cream.

"Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows..." :banana:

jayjay
09-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Linda's not playing.

Shame. We'd have probably done the draft together and fucked you all up.

Oh well. :sad:

You not playing in the other game anymore, BD?

Bibberz
09-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Shame. We'd have probably done the draft together and fucked you all up.

Oh well. :sad:

She just hates the sport. :shrug:

You not playing in the other game anymore, BD?

:confused: Are you asking whether I'm playing in your league? I'll be there every single week. It doesn't matter if all my players suffer freak injuries; I'll still be there. I face Cheryl this weekend. I'll need to have my wits--such as they are :o--about me, as she's put up the most amount of points after the first two weeks.

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 10:08 PM
who's around to answer dumb questions? :o

Minn
09-20-2008, 10:15 PM

BD :hug:

Minn
09-20-2008, 10:18 PM
who's around to answer dumb questions? :o

I'm around, but am probably no help with your questions. :sad:

I have another question. If we release someone on waivers and we decide we want him back, assuming he's still available, can we pick him up again? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to make sure.

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 10:28 PM

I have another question. If we release someone on waivers and we decide we want him back, assuming he's still available, can we pick him up again? I'm assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to make sure.

how do i add a player from my bench like BD told me to do? i can't figure it out :sobbing:

amazing, i can read and understand SCOTUS opinions but nothing about this stupid game makes sense to me :bigcry: it doesnt' say much about SCOTUS opinions :lol:

jayjay
09-20-2008, 10:33 PM

If you release someone on waivers in order to pick someone else up on waivers, you have time to cancel that transaction before it is completed. It depends when it is made as to how long, but generally it's 2-3 days.

If you have released someone you later want back, you can of course sign them on waivers once more or pick them up as free agents. It's best to make most of your moves when players are free agents, for example just before gameday, as you can add and drop players instantly, without having to wait for a waiver claim to be processed.

how do i add a player from my bench like BD told me to do? i can't figure it out :sobbing:

You mean change your line up?

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 10:37 PM
You mean change your line up?

i think so :unsure:

he said drop someone and add someone on my bench. but he's already in my now 15 member team. so outside of picking someone through that "waiver" thinger i dunno how else to do it. sorry, i'm not generally this thick about things :sad:

Snoo Foo
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Go to your roster and there's a drop down menu in the column labeled "Pos" and pick the dude you don't want to play and pick "BN" from the dropdown then pick the dude you want to add (who should have "BN" in his "POS" box cuz he's on the BeNch) and pick a position for him (I guess the same position as the dude you are replacing), then click submit. If you pick too many dudes for the same position, the machine won't let you save them.

(I think)

jayjay
09-20-2008, 10:42 PM
i think so :unsure:

he said drop someone and add someone on my bench. but he's already in my now 15 member team. so outside of picking someone through that "waiver" thinger i dunno how else to do it. sorry, i'm not generally this thick about things :sad:

Don't worry about it. I suspect BD is as bad at explaining how to play the game as he is at actually playing it.

BTW, you should have a roster of 16 players, you don't have to of course, but you can have that alloted number. If you want a player you don't yet have, then of course that would be through waivers/free agency. If the player is already in your squad/roster, just click on "My Team" and then click on "Move" by the player you want to take from your line up to your bench, or bench to line up and just click on "Here" where it will be indicated spots you can move that player to.

To claim a player on waivers click on "Add player" once you are in the "My Team" page and then click on "Add" or "Claim" next to whichever player you want. Players you can add are free agents who can be added instantly, players who can be claimed will have to go through waivers, thus taking a few days.

If you claim a player and you don't have space on your roster, you will be asked who you wish to drop to complete the transaction. Likewise for a free agent move.

jayjay
09-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Oh BTW, are you playing the ESPN game? If not, forget what I said. :lol:

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Go to your roster and there's a drop down menu in the column labeled "Pos" and pick the dude you don't want to play and pick "BN" from the dropdown then pick the dude you want to add (who should have "BN" in his "POS" box cuz he's on the BeNch) and pick a position for him (I guess the same position as the dude you are replacing), then click submit. If you pick too many dudes for the same position, the machine won't let you save them.

(I think)

Don't worry about it. I suspect BD is as bad at explaining how to play the game as he is at actually playing it.

BTW, you should have a roster of 16 players, you don't have to of course, but you can have that alloted number. If you want a player you don't yet have, then of course that would be through waivers/free agency. If the player is already in your squad/roster, just click on "My Team" and then click on "Move" by the player you want to take from your line up to your bench, or bench to line up and just click on "Here" where it will be indicated spots you can move that player to.

To claim a player on waivers click on "Add player" once you are in the "My Team" page and then click on "Add" or "Claim" next to whichever player you want. Players you can add are free agents who can be added instantly, players who can be claimed will have to go through waivers, thus taking a few days.

If you claim a player and you don't have space on your roster, you will be asked who you wish to drop to complete the transaction. Likewise for a free agent move.

i :hearts: you both very much :hug: :hug:

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 10:50 PM
Oh BTW, are you playing the ESPN game? If not, forget what I said. :lol:

we're using fox but i was able to figure out the equivalents, especially with snoo-foo's directions as well. thank you :)

poor BD. i'm sure he underestimated how much help i would need :lol:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
w-g, no offense, but why are you playing this game?

jayjay
09-20-2008, 10:52 PM

Fellowship. No?

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 10:56 PM

i have absolutely no idea. i thought i wouldn't have to do anything beyond signing up and then watching how the points play out but clearly, i underestimated the time/skills involved and/or overestimated my ability to follow this.

no offense taken :lol: certainly a deserved question :o

Minn
09-20-2008, 10:59 PM
WG's expanding her field of knowledge, :shrug: as are most of the rest of us. :) WG is a "lifelong learner" - a key phrase in my field the last few years. :)

Snoo Foo
09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
once the matches start, so will the fun! :yeah:

at least, that's what I'm hoping. :unsure:

Minn
09-20-2008, 11:00 PM
If you release someone on waivers in order to pick someone else up on waivers, you have time to cancel that transaction before it is completed. It depends when it is made as to how long, but generally it's 2-3 days.

If you have released someone you later want back, you can of course sign them on waivers once more or pick them up as free agents. It's best to make most of your moves when players are free agents, for example just before gameday, as you can add and drop players instantly, without having to wait for a waiver claim to be processed.

Thanks. I'm going to check things out now.:bolt:

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 11:01 PM
WG's expanding her field of knowledge, :shrug: as are most of the rest of us. :) WG is a "lifelong learner" - a key phrase in my field the last few years. :)

WG should "learn" to stick to sports she actually enjoys/follows/understands :p

jayjay
09-20-2008, 11:05 PM
Linda, if you're here, go to KOC, please, I'm bored. :)

l_mac
09-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Fellowship. No?
:tape:
i have absolutely no idea. i thought i wouldn't have to do anything beyond signing up and then watching how the points play out but clearly, i underestimated the time/skills involved and/or overestimated my ability to follow this.

no offense taken :lol: certainly a deserved question :o

:lol: I think I'll take jayjay's answer.

You know where you could have hidden this thread? In the Blog forum.

l_mac
09-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Linda, if you're here, go to KOC, please, I'm bored. :)

Always with the flattery.

jayjay
09-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Always with the flattery.

The average man waits about 2-3mins for a person. I've waited at least 10. :hatoff:

Minn
09-20-2008, 11:18 PM
:tape:

:lol: I think I'll take jayjay's answer.

But then we wouldn't have JayJay here for assistance when BD is off doing who knows what. :shrug: :)

And speaking of JayJay, if you're still around...You mentioned Free Agents in your answer to my question. I know your and BD's league is different from mine, but all I see are guys on waivers. Will some eventually become free agents? If so, how?

jayjay
09-20-2008, 11:20 PM
And speaking of JayJay, if you're still around...You mentioned Free Agents in your answer to my question. I know your and BD's league is different from mine, but all I see are guys on waivers. Will some eventually become free agents? If so, how?

I don't know how the Fox game works, to be honest. It may well be players are always on waivers that have to be claimed. For example, right now on ESPN you can pick up most players as free agents this minute. Then it changes after gameday.

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 11:21 PM
i think BD mentioned that players become free agents after 4 days of being on the waiver list without being claimed. don't quote me on that though :shrug:

Minn
09-20-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't know how the Fox game works, to be honest. It may well be players are always on waivers that have to be claimed. For example, right now on ESPN you can pick up most players as free agents this minute. Then it changes after gameday.

OK. I'll watch for that. I just noticed that someone Jess released is now a Free Agent. I guess that's at least partly how guys become FA. Thanks.

Edit: Thanks, WG. I don't remember reading that. That's good to know.

Snoo Foo
09-20-2008, 11:23 PM
the 3 dudes that have been dropped already by teams in our league are Free Agents now... I have no idea what that means. So at least dudes become free agents after they've been dropped by someone else, I don't know under what other circumstances.

Minn
09-20-2008, 11:29 PM

Really close. I've made changes within one minute, and I believe that's as close as you can get.

Just to update this for those who are curious...the help section says it has to be done 5 minutes before the beginning of the player's game.

savesthedizzle
09-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm so confused. :sad: I saw people I wanted who weren't drafted, but I can't get them? :scratch: :bigcry:

i am in over my head :rolls:

Minn
09-20-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm so confused. :sad: I saw people I wanted who weren't drafted, but I can't get them? :scratch: :bigcry:

i am in over my head :rolls:

I just tried this too. After rereading BD's posts and skimming through the help section, I've come to the conclusion that we can't pick anyone up this week because the games will happen before the players we want will clear waivers. Therefore, we have to wait until next week. I was hoping we could "get in line", but apparently we can't.

savesthedizzle
09-20-2008, 11:53 PM
I just tried this too. I've come to the conclusion that we can't pick anyone up this week because the games will happen before the players we want will clear waivers. Therefore, we have to wait until next week. I was hoping we could "get in line", but apparently we can't.

This "clear waivers" is over my head :rolls:

Apparently I have two pending adds still. :shrug: I AM SO LOST.

Minn
09-20-2008, 11:56 PM
This "clear waivers" is over my head :rolls:

Apparently I have two pending adds still. :shrug: I AM SO LOST.

This is my understanding:

We can't instantly drop and add players. We have to go in order. And it still takes a couple of days before our "new" player is actually added to our roster. This is "clearing waivers".

I assume the "pending add" works the same.

Correct, High Commissioner, Bachelor Dandy?

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 12:00 AM
i was able to add back the guy i accidentally dropped though. maybe that's because i was just getting it back to 16? :shrug:

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Gyes here's some help (http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/commissioner/help/faq?type=waiverorder#waiverorder), I think. I think yes, the wee hours of Monday is when they clear waivers, and if someone whose waiver ranking (or whatever it's called) is better than yours also claimed him, then that other person gets him.... :unsure:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 12:05 AM
i was able to add back the guy i accidentally dropped though. maybe that's because i was just getting it back to 16? :shrug:

But I have under 16 right now because I dropped two guys! :sad: So I only have 14 :lol:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 12:06 AM
But I have under 16 right now because I dropped two guys! :sad: So I only have 14 :lol:

hmm, the only thing i can think of is the guy i dropped went to the free agent pool. so i was able to add him back easily. if the guy(s) you want are in the waiver list, then you'll have to wait i guess?

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 12:07 AM
I don't know why but the gyes you all dropped became free agents after you dropped them. So I think anyone could pick them up (if you wanted - but they're hurt so why bother) without messing with the waivers.

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 12:08 AM
If your league is using waivers, any player who is dropped from a team does not immediately become a free agent available to anyone who wants to claim him. Instead, this player goes on waivers for a set period of time during which owners have the option of submitting a claim for the player. At the end of the waiver period the player clears waivers and goes to the owner with the best waiver position who entered a claim for the player. If no owners submit a claim for the player, that player then becomes a free agent and can be picked up at anytime by anyone. A player can be placed on waivers anywhere from one, two, or three days depending on your league settings. This will allow any owner interested in picking up the player enough time to submit a "waiver claim" for the player. Otherwise the player would go to the owner who happened to be online checking the team when the player became available. Your league also has the option of not having a waiver period.

Minn
09-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Gyes here's some help (http://msn.foxsports.com/fantasy/football/commissioner/help/faq?type=waiverorder#waiverorder), I think. I think yes, the wee hours of Monday is when they clear waivers, and if someone whose waiver ranking (or whatever it's called) is better than yours also claimed him, then that other person gets him.... :unsure:

Yeah, we're in agreement here. :D That's what I'm saying too. And BD earlier. I don't think we can start claiming people off waivers yet. I get an error message when I try. So I think we have to wait until after Sunday's games.

I'm glad you were able to get your player back, WG.

savesthedizzle
hmm, the only thing i can think of is the guy i dropped went to the free agent pool. so i was able to add him back easily. if the guy(s) you want are in the waiver list, then you'll have to wait i guess?

I do not understand :rolls: :rolls: Why are certain guys in the waiver list and certain guys not? :scratch:

Over. my. head. :lol:

wildegirl05
a kostas reference makes this whole farcical thing complete :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 12:10 AM
Crap I'm probably not going to get anyone I want since my waiver position sucks. I officially give up now.

I don't know why I got the first pick in the draft though... I had thought I was third when I saw the order. NOW I GET SCREWED :mad:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 12:11 AM
I do not understand :rolls: :rolls: Why are certain guys in the waiver list and certain guys not? :scratch:

i understand the feeling. you have my complete sympathies :hug:

as i was telling melanie, after thinking about this for awhile i actually came to the conclusion that doing my readings for one of my most boring classes was a better way to spend my time.

:worship:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 12:11 AM
http://roguejew.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/blindleadingtheblind.gif

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 12:12 AM

at least some of this has to do with the league settings. The dudes on the FA list all have been drafted and dropped once, whereas the zillion dudes on waivers were never drafted in the first place. I don't know if this is the way it works for everyone, or the way our league is set up, or what.

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 12:13 AM

thanks a lot linda :p but oh so true :lol:

Minn
09-21-2008, 12:24 AM
If your league is using waivers, any player who is dropped from a team does not immediately become a free agent available to anyone who wants to claim him. Instead, this player goes on waivers for a set period of time during which owners have the option of submitting a claim for the player. At the end of the waiver period the player clears waivers and goes to the owner with the best waiver position who entered a claim for the player. If no owners submit a claim for the player, that player then becomes a free agent and can be picked up at anytime by anyone. A player can be placed on waivers anywhere from one, two, or three days depending on your league settings. This will allow any owner interested in picking up the player enough time to submit a "waiver claim" for the player. Otherwise the player would go to the owner who happened to be online checking the team when the player became available. Your league also has the option of not having a waiver period.

This is good.

Crap I'm probably not going to get anyone I want since my waiver position sucks. I officially give up now.

I don't know why I got the first pick in the draft though... I had thought I was third when I saw the order. NOW I GET SCREWED :mad:

Not really, Jess. :hug: We're all in the same boat there. None of us can claim anyone right now. And the waiver order changes. Once you claim someone from waivers, you go to the back of the line. That way, it's fair for everyone. Don't give up! :sad:

I think we all need to get this week under our belts and we'll be fine. It's just because it's all so new to all of us (except BD and Cheryl, who are nowhere in sight :(, which makes Linda's picture oh so apt! :) )

thanks a lot linda :p but oh so true :lol:

Linda - :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 12:30 AM
This is good.

Not really, Jess. :hug: We're all in the same boat there. None of us can claim anyone right now. And the waiver order changes. Once you claim someone from waivers, you go to the back of the line. That way, it's fair for everyone. Don't give up! :sad:

I think we all need to get this week under our belts and we'll be fine. It's just because it's all so new to all of us (except BD and Cheryl, who are nowhere in sight :(, which makes Linda's picture oh so apt! :) )

Linda - :lol:

I already AM the back of the line unfortunately. So I'm never going to be able to get anyone decent. *sigh* Only junk will be left by the time I'm allowed to get people. :sad: And my entire team is pretty much injured and or not good right now anyway :D

I made my list thinking I had the third pick because that's what I thought I was :sad: not the first pick or I would have had my QB choice first and I wouldn't be in this silly situation. *sigh*

Minn
09-21-2008, 12:36 AM
I already AM the back of the line unfortunately. So I'm never going to be able to get anyone decent. *sigh* Only junk will be left by the time I'm allowed to get people. :sad: And my entire team is pretty much injured and or not good right now anyway :D

But I still have to be the optimist here. It's unlikely that all of us, or even most of us, are going to want to claim the same person you want to claim. I only have one person I want to claim. I'm ahead of you, so if we want the same person, I'll get him, but then I go to the back of the line and you have the chance to pick up your other player.

I made my list thinking I had the third pick because that's what I thought I was :sad: not the first pick or I would have had my QB choice first and I wouldn't be in this silly situation. *sigh*

I thought BD had said the draft order was going to be randomized just before the draft? Or maybe I read it on the FF site?

It's a long season, Jess. Have hope!

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 12:39 AM
But I still have to be the optimist here. It's unlikely that all of us, or even most of us, are going to want to claim the same person you want to claim. I only have one person I want to claim. I'm ahead of you, so if we want the same person, I'll get him, but then I go to the back of the line and you have the chance to pick up your other player.

I thought BD had said the draft order was going to be randomized just before the draft? Or maybe I read it on the FF site?

It's a long season, Jess. Have hope!

Is that what happened? I think I read somewhere on the site before the draft that my draft position was third :rolls: so that's what I thought it would be. I unfortunately didn't have the time to read all of BDs posts :sad:

Blah. :sad: Who needs QBs and WRs anyway. :shrug: :rolls: I'll have fun in losing :dance: no worries.. just *sigh*. Incredibly disappointed with the team I got. I didn't get anyone I actually wanted. :rolls: How that is possible when you have the FIRST pick I do not know, but I don't remember having Barber as my #1 choice either :rolls: I think I changed it around so much I didn't remember what my order was.

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 02:40 AM

All undrafted players are on the waiver wire. All players we drop are free agents. If you drop someone they should become a free agent and, yes, you can add them again.

But then we might not have your contributions to this thread. :shrug:

Just to update this for those who are curious...the help section says it has to be done 5 minutes before the beginning of the player's game.

Good to know. :D

Yup.

You thought you had the third draft position because you were the third to register your team with the league. That's how the list was arranged at the time. I mentioned a couple of times that the real draft order would be randomized before the draft, and that's what happened.

That's very true. A lot of teams have different needs.

I thought BD had said the draft order was going to be randomized just before the draft? Or maybe I read it on the FF site?I did say that and it was also on "draft page," so you probably also read it there. Anyone who edited their draft rankings could have/should have seen it. :p

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 02:43 AM
I can almost guarantee I won't get either of the players I am trying to get on Monday :rolls:

I didn't see it on the draft page. I didn't read the entire page top to bottom, I just edited the rankings :lol:

Oh well, doesn't matter anyway :lol:

adee-gee
09-21-2008, 08:29 AM
Adam

Adam, can you tell us your draft strategy now? It looks like your plan was to draft as many future Hall of Fame QBs as possible. :scared: You also grabbed the best TE in the game. :yeah:

I asked my friend who the best team were, he said Dallas....so I bumped up a load of Dallas players up the list :o :unsure:
adam, can you PLEASE start a footie league? i feel the need for it strongly :p
:rolls: we have one, it's already started though....you could join it but you'll be at a big disadvantage now :awww:
I got the other Manning :rocker2:
I don't like these predictions. They say you're going to hammer me :o

I will prove them wrong :armed:
a kostas reference makes this whole farcical thing complete :lol:
:spit: kostas :hearts:

I don't know who I should start :mad:

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 09:43 AM
I asked my friend who the best team were, he said Dallas....so I bumped up a load of Dallas players up the list :o :unsure:

They have four awesome fantasy players. You have two of them, Jess has one (even though she doesn't want him :lol:), and I have one.

I don't know who I should start :mad:

If you click on the players' names FoxFF will give you little updates on them. The predictions can also be useful. For example, you have three players who will probably give you 0 points because they're not expected to play. You should replace them with some of your bench players. You can move players to and from your bench by using the the small pull-down menus. :p

bokehlicious
09-21-2008, 10:28 AM
They have four awesome fantasy players. You have two of them, Jess has one (even though she doesn't want him :lol:), and I have one.

Tell me that doesn't mean anything :( Adam leading this thing would too much to handle :tape: :bolt: :o :D

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Tell me that doesn't mean anything :( Adam leading this thing would too much to handle :tape: :bolt: :o :D

It means Adam has arguably the best QB and definitely the best TE, but that's only 2/9 of his starting roster. You have better RBs. :p

It's impossible to predict who will win this league at this point. FF follows a playoff format--just like the NFL. Anything can happen. :D

l_mac
09-21-2008, 11:47 AM
But then we might not have your contributions to this thread. :shrug:

I'd have found you, no worries on that score :D Only scarecrows and I ever post there.

jayjay
09-21-2008, 11:59 AM

With all due respect, Adee. Your friend is a ****.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/sub/ny3.jpg

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 01:17 PM
^^^:hearts: That's my Manning! :hearts:^^^

....i think...

Metis
09-21-2008, 02:18 PM
So have you all become American football experts already? :lol:

http://roguejew.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/blindleadingtheblind.gif

I guess not :rolls:

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 05:56 PM

I'd have found you, no worries on that score :D Only scarecrows and I ever post there.

With all due respect, Adee. Your friend is a ****.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g167/bostero_2006/sub/ny3.jpg

:yeah: Favorite non-49er Super Bowl by a mile.

EDIT: Gertie, I just made a change to my roster less than two minutes before the player's start time. I'm not buying this "five minute" rule. :p

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Let's. Get. Ready.
veVV7txWLxI
TO
!RUMBLE!

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 05:58 PM

:boxing: :boxing:

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Let's. Get. Ready.
veVV7txWLxI
TO
!RUMBLE!

:rocker2:

Which games are televised in your area? :D

Live streams can be found here:

http://www1.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=americanfootball

Minn
09-21-2008, 06:04 PM

EDIT: Gertie, I just made a change to my roster less than two minutes before the player's start time. I'm not buying this "five minute" rule. :p

I'm glad to hear it. I was on with abut 7 minutes to game time because I had a questionable starter, but he's starting, so I didn't have to change anything.

Clara Bow
09-21-2008, 06:10 PM
Which games are televised in your area?

We have the NFL Sunday ticket- but husband and his two fellow leaguers from his league have control- with majority and so on.

I tried to talk smack to Snoo on the smackboard- but it is not entering properly. Alas....

So was the waiver wire activiated? It looks like some leaguers picked up some folks.

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 06:11 PM
In an odd situation, the NYC Fox affiliate is showing an infomercial for this hour. The Philly Fox affiliate is showing Washington-Arizona :rocker2:

God bless you NJ for situating yourself where I get both stations :rolls:

But yeah, since I am starting the Washington QB, this is my game to watch for now :D

Snoo Foo
In my area the Davydenko/Nalby tie is being televised. My PK made a FG already!

:woohoo:

Carrie you. Are. going. DOWNNNNN!!!!

Minn
Cincinnati-NY Giants on my TV. I don't have anyone from either of those teams.

adee-gee
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
If you click on the players' names FoxFF will give you little updates on them. The predictions can also be useful. For example, you have three players who will probably give you 0 points because they're not expected to play. You should replace them with some of your bench players. You can move players to and from your bench by using the the small pull-down menus. :p
Too late :(

Surely if they don't play, they'll automatically get replaced, no? :confused:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Cincinnati-NY Giants on my TV. I don't have anyone from either of those teams.

Me neither :lol: I think is why I skipped over that game :)

Clara Bow
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Snoo- in honor of your QB- It's On Like Donkey Kong!!!!!

Minn
09-21-2008, 06:15 PM

Nope, I don't think so. I think you have to do it. I think you can still switch players whose games don't start until 4 or later. If not, there's always next week.

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:20 PM
What does it mean "in the red zone"?

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 06:22 PM

I want to say it means within a certain yardage of the end zone. :scratch: I am familiar with this phrase, yet I don't remember :lol:

*edit* "an American football term designating the distance from the 20-yard line to the goal line"

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:24 PM
OK I thought it was something to do with aftershave.

OMFG David Idiot, if you don't straighten up I'll have to watch another live rubber instead of american football for the next 565 minutes.

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 06:25 PM

Um, no. :o However, it's not so bad--Reggie Brown, one of your players who I thought might not play, is supposed to be coming back today. :D

That's when a team is within 20 yards of the end zone. :p

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:31 PM
I have several football options on tv at the moment: UNAM vs. San Luis, Boca Juniors vs. Tigre, Puebla vs. Tigres UANL, Cruz Azul vs Santos, and Wake Forest v. FSU.

Minn
09-21-2008, 06:33 PM
I'm kind of glad that I don't have satellite right now and therefore only have one game on TV. Hopefully, I can get at least some work done today.

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:38 PM
TOUCHDOWN ME!!! I think!!!

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:41 PM
:woohoo: My PK got another FG and her QB fummed!

....:bigcry: and so did Nalbooooo

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
TOUCHDOWN ME!!! I think!!!

Yup. :D Michael Turner has already put up 10 points for you. He's in for a big day against a very poor KC run defense.

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:47 PM
Dude our match won't even end until tomorrow night... this is like cricket.

Clara Bow
09-21-2008, 06:47 PM
I am being beaten by someone who did not know what the red zone was. :sad:

BD- why are you offering helpful hints and encouragement to everyone else in the league except for the Plug Uglies? What did the Plug Uglies ever do to you?!

Football or JMDP trying to clinch the win for the Argies. My heart is torn.

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 06:53 PM
I am being beaten by someone who did not know what the red zone was. :sad:

BD- why are you offering helpful hints and encouragement to everyone else in the league except for the Plug Uglies? What did the Plug Uglies ever do to you?!

:hug: You haven't asked for any hints. I'm not giving away any state secrets here, either. I just defined "red zone" and told Adam to start healthy players. :p

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM

Aww cmon you got Mr. Bow and that Sunday Ticket and I got 2 cats and Antiques Roadshow.

Clara Bow
09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Aww cmon you got Mr. Bow and that Sunday Ticket and I got 2 cats and Antiques Roadshow.

:lol: Don't the cats have some inside information?

Note to the Giants defense- Cincy is supposed to suck- quit letting them score any non-field goal points!

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
TD FCVD!!! http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/b/boogie.gif

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:16 PM
A pass TD is when the QB throws the ball to someone who is already in the endzone and the rush TD is when some dude runs the ball into the endzone?

Clara Bow
Sigh.. Snoo yes you re correct.

I am getting stomped- of course Carolina's td was a rushing one. Jakie- didn't you feel like tossing something into the endzone?

savesthedizzle
WG is slaying me so far :tape:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 07:17 PM
A pass TD is when the QB throws the ball to someone who is already in the endzone and the rush TD is when some dude runs the ball into the endzone?

is this even english? :p

Minn
09-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Cheryl's beating me right now. :sad: But I'm moving up. :D

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Another TD! I heart you M. Turner, whoever you are!

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:20 PM
is this even english? :p

wow is it possible you know even less about this than me? :hug:

(or are you having a laugh... in which case... :p)

Clara Bow
09-21-2008, 07:23 PM
BD- next year no autodraft!:mad:

Jake- please but a halt on the suck and the fumbles.

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
wow is it possible you know even less about this than me? :hug:

(or are you having a laugh... in which case... :p)

i've already proved i know less about this thing than anyone on the planet :rocker2:

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 07:25 PM

:haha:

Yes, BUT a QB can pass for a TD even if the receiver is not already in the end zone--all that matters is that receiver ends up in the end zone. :p

WG is slaying me so far :tape:

WG has a really good team. :D

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 07:26 PM

Must be nice :lol: Her defense is killing me with their two stupid fumble recoveries.

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:29 PM
i've already proved i know less about this thing than anyone on the planet :rocker2:

but your team is kickingg axe, you have a rush TD and your DST has lilke, 2 fum recs and a freakin defensive TD! And houshamolooly has 50 rec yds! :worship:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
but your team is kickingg axe, you have a rush TD and your DST has lilke, 2 fum recs and a freakin defensive TD! And houshamolooly has 50 rec yds! :worship:

Yeah.... :rolls: her defense has more points than the rest of my team so far :tape: *sigh*

Maybe my defense will have an equally awesome game :D This is my hope :D

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Yes, BUT a QB can pass for a TD even if the receiver is not already in the end zone--all that matters is that receiver ends up in the end zone. :p

:scratch: ok maybe I should go back and read the rules again. So if the qb passes it at all it's a pass td and if the qb just, what?, hands it to someone then it's a rush td?

Minn
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM
Cheryl's and my game is the closest right now. The others seem to be blowouts, for the moment, anyway.

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 07:32 PM

Must be nice :lol: Her defense is killing me with their two stupid fumble recoveries.

thank you, thank you all very much :rocker:

i'm a hands-off kinda manager :cool: my boys do better when i show my confidence in the computer :worship:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 07:33 PM
The bad thing for me is that my defense this week is playing my favorite team. Conflict of interest :sad: Since I'm getting my butt kicked anyway, vamos Eagles :D

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
I promised my dudes I'd take them to DQ if we win. :unsure:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 07:35 PM
My comeback is starting :D :worship:

Thank you D. Bowe for that TD :worship:

Now WG is only beating me 2:1, not 3:1 :rocker2:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 07:37 PM

:mad:

come on boys :armed: we already talked about giving jess a beatdown :rocker2:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
My boy J. Campbell is going to come back and throw for billions of yards this half. I can feel it :D

Snoo Foo
Poor addeeegee, one of his benchnarmers has "104 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD(6), 2 Rec Yds."

savesthedizzle
Poor addeeegee, one of his benchnarmers has "104 Rush Yds, 1 Rush TD(6), 2 Rec Yds."

:awww: The QB hoarder deserves it :p

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Who in our league has Ronnie Brown?

Edit: P. Antonius

Edit: Holy crap and he's benched him. :eek:

Edit: Holy crap his bench has 2X as much as his starters so far.

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Another TD! I heart you M. Turner, whoever you are!

He used to be Ladainian Tomlinson's backup in San Diego.

BD- next year no autodraft!:mad:

Jake- please but a halt on the suck and the fumbles.

Hey, I don't like autodrafts either, but there's no way we're doing a live draft when over half the people don't follow the sport. :p

:scratch: ok maybe I should go back and read the rules again. So if the qb passes it at all it's a pass td and if the qb just, what?, hands it to someone then it's a rush td?

If a receiver catches a ball in the end zone or if he receives a pass and makes it to the endzone it is a passing TD. If the QB hands the ball off and the rusher makes it to the end zone it is a rushing TD.

I so needed Bowe's TD against Cheryl's team in our other league. That really hit the spot. :D

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 07:58 PM
Ronnie Brown is a freak show. He's rushed for 3 TDs and passed for another one. :worship:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Come on Campbell. How about a nice little pass into the end zone :D

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Only 10 points down to WG now :rocker2: come on! I feel like my team is The Little Pants that Could and I'm willing them up a mountain :rocker2:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 08:05 PM
Only 10 points down to WG now :rocker2: come on! I feel like my team is The Little Pants that Could and I'm willing them up a mountain :rocker2:

:bigcry: my boys are playing like nalby i take it?

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 08:06 PM
:worship: M. :worship: Fukin :worship: TURNER :worship:

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 08:07 PM

Thank you :)

Only down by 3 now :) J. Campbell, you're a star. :D

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 08:08 PM

You just got your wish. A nice little TD pass--a two yarder. :)

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 08:10 PM
:worship: M. :worship: Fukin :worship: TURNER :worship:

Turner is mutilating me in my law school league. :sobbing: Fortunately the rest of my friend's team is sucking. :D

savesthedizzle
09-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Whoah I uploaded a picture and somehow when I get back to the updating of my match with WG, she has 10 less points :scratch: This is odd.

Snoo Foo
Michael? Why couldn't it be, like, Maurice? I think I shall call him Maurice nevertheless.

wildegirl05
you were sandbagging me, jess :sobbing:

Minn
09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
I just came here from the main page. It shows up as "The Rafa Forum's Fantasy..." :haha: It could be anything. ;) Therefore, it's still a vague kind of title, BD. :haha:

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 08:13 PM
:bigcry: my boys are playing like nalby i take it?

WG, I'm sure you have a game or two televised in your area. :p Just turn on CBS or FOX. The odds are that one of the teams playing will have one of your players or one of Jess'. You might even learn a thing or two about the sport. :scared:

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 08:14 PM
Q: If Pantonisu had put Ronnie Brown on his team, would he get credit for all of Ronnie's TDs or just the passing or rushing depending on what position he put Ronnie in?

Minn
09-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Michael? Why couldn't it be, like, Maurice? I think I shall call him Maurice nevertheless.

Michael is a way better name than Maurice. :silly:

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 08:16 PM
I just came here from the main page. It shows up as "The Rafa Forum's Fantasy..." :haha: It could be anything. ;) Therefore, it's still a vague kind of title, BD. :haha:

I'm up for changing the title. Do you have a suggestion that's not so...suggestive?

Snoo Foo
maybe we need something more like, "AMERICAN FOOTBALL - STAY THE HELL OUT"

wildegirl05
WG, I'm sure you have a game or two televised in your area. :p Just turn on CBS or FOX. The odds are that one of the teams playing will have one of your players or one of Jess'. You might even learn a thing or two about the sport. :scared:

what? come on man.

feli's on my screen. i'm not changing that to watch some american football :ras:

Snoo Foo
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Michael is a way better name than Maurice. :silly:

:awww: Sez you...

(:cuckoo:)

Bibberz
09-21-2008, 08:19 PM
Ronnie Brown with another rushing TD!

SF, Ronnie Brown's fantasy owner would get credit for all TDs--rushing and passing.