09-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Not you X?

scoobs
09-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Not you X?
Mug tournament without X.

iriraz
09-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Doubtfully Nadal will play here.He will try to defend his points in Chennai.

Ferrero Forever
09-18-2008, 10:53 AM
Are you going Xristos. I've got my tickets.

I've got a feeling they'll grab Tsonga, they've had Baghdatis and Gonzalez so they'll at least try for Tsonga. I really do hope they get some new people though. It's always great seeing the old favourites like Roger, Roddick, and Nalbandian down here, but I'd like a few new faces too.

Oh and I can't wait to see who they get for the additional matches after the formal ones have been played. Last year we had Blake and Kiefer which was pretty cool.

Tickets went up heaps from last year though too which sucked.

Venle
09-18-2008, 11:57 AM
Aussie tourneys :hearts:

gjr
09-18-2008, 12:51 PM

I've got a feeling they'll grab Tsonga, they've had Baghdatis and Gonzalez so they'll at least try for Tsonga. I really do hope they get some new people though. It's always great seeing the old favourites like Roger, Roddick, and Nalbandian down here, but I'd like a few new faces too.

Oh and I can't wait to see who they get for the additional matches after the formal ones have been played. Last year we had Blake and Kiefer which was pretty cool.

Tsonga is down for Brisbane.

Ferrero Forever
09-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Tsonga is down for Brisbane.

Brilliant. I don't like watching him play so thats great news:) The field this year will be really interesting

gjr
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Brilliant. I don't like watching him play so thats great news:) The field this year will be really interesting

You don't?

I quite like him myself. I saw all his matches at the AO this year.

Ferrero Forever
09-18-2008, 01:05 PM
You don't?

I quite like him myself. I saw all his matches at the AO this year.

Theres only so much jumping and skipping around the court that I can take. I saw his match against Garcia-Lopez live and I can't say i enjoy his game.

ballbasher101
09-18-2008, 01:41 PM

Tsonga is one of the most explosive and entertaining players on the tour. Unlike most of the players on tour he actually comes into the net. I take it you enjoy watching ball bashers and moon ballers.

scarecrows
09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Tsonga is one of the most explosive and entertaining players on the tour. Unlike most of the players on tour he actually comes into the net. I take it you enjoy watching ball bashers and moon ballers.

he's not latin enough for her taste

Xristos
09-18-2008, 06:09 PM
djokovic is playing brisbane

Safin and safina are playing hopman cup :lol:
Is Brisbane the same week as Kooyong?
Not you X?2010

Mug tournament without X.2010

Doubtfully Nadal will play here.He will try to defend his points in Chennai.

Why not? He might not even play Chennai and its the next week so theres always a chance.

Xristos
09-18-2008, 06:11 PM

Yeah I will be, its tradition. Ive been going every year since I was like 8.

How much are the tickets now?

BIGMARAT
09-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Safin twins!?? I want to see them versus the Brians.

Kat!
09-21-2008, 11:49 PM
People, Brisbane is replacing Adelaide, so they're not on the same week.

Dekinha
09-22-2008, 01:11 AM
Safin twins!?? I want to see them versus the Brians.

2 Safins???? That would be a dream come true!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ferrero Forever
09-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Yeah I will be, its tradition. Ive been going every year since I was like 8.

How much are the tickets now?

Awesome:) The 4 day pass cost me $130 for a student ticket

And scarecrows, it's not my fault if I enjoy the way the latino's play. I also like many other players, and I have nothing against the way the Frenchies play. I quite enjoy watching Santoro for one thing

Ferrero Forever
10-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Just heard on the radio as of 2 minutes ago, Colin Stubbs confirmed that Federer and Blake will be competing

krystlel
10-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Just heard on the radio as of 2 minutes ago, Colin Stubbs confirmed that Federer and Blake will be competing
The whole field, except for one has been confirmed.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/news?slug=reu-kooyong&prov=reuters&type=lgns

Roger Federer
Marat Safin
Stanislas Wawrinka
Marcos Baghdatis
James Blake
Ernests Gulbis
Fernando Gonzalez

Ferrero Forever
10-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Oh thanks for that:) I quite like that field, since I haven't seen much of Wawrinka and Gulbis. Safin, Roger, Baggy and Blake are always fun to watch, and I'm totally thrilled that Gonzo is back:) The Kooyong field next year is brilliant actually, will be interesting to see who gets the last spot.

gjr
10-02-2008, 09:48 AM

Roger Federer
Marat Safin
Stanislas Wawrinka
Marcos Baghdatis
James Blake
Ernests Gulbis
Fernando Gonzalez

I'm surprised Murray isn't confirmed after being there the last couple of years. Perhaps he asked for too much cash

Xristos
10-02-2008, 11:04 AM

Roger Federer
Marat Safin
Stanislas Wawrinka
Marcos Baghdatis
James Blake
Ernests Gulbis
Fernando Gonzalez

Dont like the field. Fed wont play and I was hopeing for either Novak or Nadal to be in the field. Hopefully Murray wont take up the last spot.

betowiec
10-02-2008, 11:05 AM
wtf, why is blake included.......

azza
10-02-2008, 11:08 AM
Philippoussis

FiBeR
10-02-2008, 02:00 PM
fat dave for sure

BundyT
10-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Who cares ? If you want to discuss about exhos, there is a whole forum dedicated to it, y'known.

ForgetFan
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Oscar Hernandez ?

Xristos
10-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Who cares ? If you want to discuss about exhos, there is a whole forum dedicated to it, y'known.

Who are you?

Stephan
10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Im hopeing for:

Nadal
Federer
Djokovic
Baggy
Safin
Roddick
Murray
Verdasco

But it will probably be:
Federer
Roddick
Safin
Murray
Safin
Davy
Nalbandian
Monfils

and where is Baghdatis? you could hope for Marcos too...
Oh sorry Baggy is already in :)

Burrow
10-02-2008, 11:53 PM
Safin is their, the crowd can be happy now and relax that he is in. He is the only player they really care about obviously.

Stephan
10-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Safin is their, the crowd can be happy now and relax that he is in. He is the only player they really care about obviously.

4 you safin anounced two times in the lower list...:D

Ferrero Forever
10-03-2008, 10:02 AM
Literally, it seems like everyone at Kooyong wants Safin to win. I'm probably the only person in the stadium thats gonna be rooting for Gonzalez to win.

And as for the last spot, I'm hoping for Robredo or Monaco (Ferrero's got too many points to lose at Auckland to want to play at Kooyong). And as Xristos said, anyone but Murray.

Oh, and if Phillippoussis gets the last spot, can we organise an MTF coffee break during his matches?

W!MBLEDON
10-03-2008, 10:05 AM
del potro for eighth spot :D

Ferrero Forever
10-03-2008, 10:08 AM
del potro for eighth spot :D

Now thats a good idea:)

Xristos
10-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Literally, it seems like everyone at Kooyong wants Safin to win. I'm probably the only person in the stadium thats gonna be rooting for Gonzalez to win.

And as for the last spot, I'm hoping for Robredo or Monaco (Ferrero's got too many points to lose at Auckland to want to play at Kooyong). And as Xristos said, anyone but Murray.

Oh, and if Phillippoussis gets the last spot, can we organise an MTF coffee break during his matches?
No way Phillippoussis gets the last spot. Still hopeing for either Nole or Rafa.

Ferrero Forever
10-03-2008, 10:27 AM
No way Phillippoussis gets the last spot. Still hopeing for either Nole or Rafa.

Yeah that would be good, but I really doubt that would happen. I love this whole speculation about who's gonna fill the last spot, but of course it will be a player I don't like, probably Guccione or something

jitterbug
10-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Hey.. I'm wondering if you guys know how long would it typically take to get to Kooyong from one of the suburbs just north of the CBD. Say, from Melbourne Uni? I'm taking the tram.

Ferrero Forever
10-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I'll send you a PM explaining that ok, just DON"T TAKE THE TRAM!

jitterbug
10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I'll send you a PM explaining that ok, just DON"T TAKE THE TRAM!

That's encouraging :lol:

Tzar
10-12-2008, 03:23 PM
fat dave!!!

~EMiLiTA~
10-14-2008, 07:28 AM
I've been to the AO for the last 7 years but never been to the Kooyong event. Is it possible to get tix on the day or a day before? Wouldn't mind catching a match there..

Ferrero Forever
10-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I've been to the AO for the last 7 years but never been to the Kooyong event. Is it possible to get tix on the day or a day before? Wouldn't mind catching a match there..

Yeah you can get tix on the day, just if you're going on the final day you might want to get tix the day before. But you can book good seats on the day for the first 3 days.

Tickets are a little more expensive this year though

ImmzB
10-27-2008, 05:35 PM
When does it start the Kooyong Classic?

Labamba
11-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Roddick not playing Kooyong :eek:

~*BGT*~
11-07-2008, 06:00 AM
Roddick not playing Kooyong :eek:

Well, I'm kinda sad about this :sad: but it's kind of comforting knowing that the winner of Kooyong usually doesn't win the Aussie Open that year. :lol:

jitterbug
11-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Marin Cilic gets the final spot :D

http://sportal.com.au/tennis-news-display/cilic-rounds-out-field-60279

Ferrero Forever
11-14-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm happy that Marin is playing:) At the very least, he's easy on the eye (and a pretty interesting player as well). Theres not a single player I'm not happy with

kiwi10is
12-06-2008, 10:03 AM
any news about Gulbis?? He entered the Heineken Open in Auckland in that same week... who's going to replace him in Kooyong?

Labamba
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Erno :o I wonder who they can get now...Verdasco? Moya?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24771162-2722,00.html

Double-booking peeves organisers

THE organisers of the Australian Open lead-in event at Kooyong are sweating on the resolution of a scheduling bungle by a player in its select field.

A week after rising French star Gael Monfils' name was missing from the inaugural Brisbane International beginning on January 5 due to an error by his management, it is understood Ernests Gulbis is double-booked for events the week before the Australian Open.

Gulbis, 20, has entered the Auckland Open, which runs during the same week as the Kooyong Classic, where he is one of eight players in a field headed by Roger Federer.

Kooyong tournament director Colin Stubs was alerted to the potential problem on Friday and is waiting for an explanation from Gulbis's management company Octagon.

Stubs, who approached Gulbis following the Latvian's outstanding effort against Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon, is in no doubt the world No53 had made a firm commitment to the Kooyong exhibition.

"There is an issue and it is not of our doing and I am trying to get to the bottom of it," Stubs said. "I have looked back at our documentation and it is unequivocal.

"I don't know what has happened but it could be a simple mistake, it could be miscommunication but there is no point in really speculating until we know more."

But Richard Palmer, Auckland's tournament director, is adamant the Latvian will fulfil his commitments there.

Given the Auckland tournament is an ATP event, it is possible Gulbis could face sanctions if he withdrews to play an exhibition.

While the Kooyong Classic does not begin until two days after the Auckland tournament, there is no chance Gulbis will be able to play both, even if he is an early loser in New Zealand, given Stubs needs to have eight committed players.

smucav
12-10-2008, 05:27 PM
Blake, Gulbis OUT; Verdasco, Moya IN

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=6623848

krystlel
12-10-2008, 09:03 PM
So now Blake is out as well? That must be annoying for the organizers.

Ferrero Forever
12-11-2008, 10:35 AM
Blake, Gulbis OUT; Verdasco, Moya IN

http://www.tennisweek.com/news/fullstory.sps?inewsid=6623848

OMG YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSS!!!

Very very hyped up now

pedroruizbo
12-22-2008, 04:58 AM
Nalbandian will play the Sydney ATP

kiwi10is
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Nalbandian will play the Sydney ATP

He was never confirmed for Kooyong, was he? :confused:

jordanaus
12-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Looking forward to seeing Cilic, Safin and Moya :D

jordanaus
12-25-2008, 04:12 AM
play starts on the 14th can't wait :D

Bee
01-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Great that Moya is playing Kooyong. I saw on the Medibank International website that the cut-off was 41 (Carlos is currently ranked 42) so I was annoyed he'd missed out (and not on alternate list), but now he WILL get some match practice on Aussie soil before A.O.! And I hope he does well enough NOT to lose in the first round of A.O. again ... my last 4 years of disappointment must surely end in 2009! :)

Ferrero Forever
01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Great that Moya is playing Kooyong. I saw on the Medibank International website that the cut-off was 41 (Carlos is currently ranked 42) so I was annoyed he'd missed out (and not on alternate list), but now he WILL get some match practice on Aussie soil before A.O.! And I hope he does well enough NOT to lose in the first round of A.O. again ... my last 4 years of disappointment must surely end in 2009! :)

I think a lot of people were disappointed that Moya lost 1st round last year. You should have seen the amount of people watching him practice, there were heaps. I really can't wait to see Gonzo, Moya and Verdasco in under 2 weeks

claudine140
01-10-2009, 09:01 AM
where can we find more info about this evenement? draw, daily shedule etc.

Getta
01-11-2009, 12:22 AM
where can we find more info about this evenement? draw, daily shedule etc.

Official site of the event: http://www.aamiclassic.com.au/Home

Baghdatis#1
01-11-2009, 01:53 AM
Pame Marcos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ferrero Forever
01-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Kooyong on Wednesday is gonna suck. Its gonna be 39 degrees, so I'm actually dreading it now

El Legenda
01-12-2009, 06:14 PM
Ljubicic in, Safin out?

Ferrero Forever
01-13-2009, 12:23 AM
According to the official site, Ljubicic has replaced Safin