Davis Cup Thread - Rafa sends Spain to DC Final [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Davis Cup Thread - Rafa sends Spain to DC Final

l_mac
09-16-2008, 12:11 AM
I couldn't find a Davis Cup thread (actually I didn't look for one) but there are already some :inlove: pics and vids with Rafa and the DC team.

I don't like Davis Cup much, but I do like The Armada being all boys together :inlove:

l_mac
09-16-2008, 12:13 AM
mms://a953.v59721.c5972.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/953/5974/3c99fd9f/wms.antena3tv.com:81/antena3noticias/omnmy24427.wmv

Rafa sitting on Feli's lap :hearts:

wildegirl05
09-16-2008, 12:14 AM
I couldn't find a Davis Cup thread (actually I didn't look for one) but there are already some :inlove: pics and vids with Rafa and the DC team.

I don't like Davis Cup much, but I do like The Armada being all boys together :inlove:

have you officially started a DC thread now? is this where we make MIT predictions? does MIT include DC or will that only be next year?

inquiring minds wanna know :)

l_mac
09-16-2008, 12:19 AM
:)

l_mac
09-16-2008, 12:23 AM
have you officially started a DC thread now? is this where we make MIT predictions? does MIT include DC or will that only be next year?

I don't think DC should be included in MIT, but I suppose Metis will have the final say.

I suppose we could guess how many games Rafa will lose :confused:

Hope I haven't jinxed him :bigcry:

Roddick :scared: Querrey :unsure: Fish :scared: A Bryan :unsure:

Minn
09-16-2008, 12:27 AM
More pink?

wildegirl05
09-16-2008, 12:28 AM
I don't think DC should be included in MIT, but I suppose Metis will have the final say.

I suppose we could guess how many games Rafa will lose :confused:

Hope I haven't jinxed him :bigcry:

:eek:

USA :scared: :unsure: :bigcry:

we could just bet on him winning or losing. but metis should have final say, agreed :dance:

Lopaka
09-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Rafa in Feli's arms or on his lap is nothing new. Davis Cup seems to bring out Rafa's, "shall we say," more demonstrative side.

Maybe it is the quality of the video but the non-yellow side of the capes looks almost the same pinkish/fuchsia color of the clay court shirts. Reminds I have not watched Priscilla Queen of the Desert recently.

veyonce
09-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Davis Cup, Nadal's motivation

Spain | Tennis | 15-09 | 13:59 ET

World no. 1 Rafael Nadal said after the practice in an outside court at Las Ventas court that playing for Spain in Davis Cup semifinals will be special.

Rafael Nadal is living an unforgettable season. He won the French Open, Wimbledon and the gold medal at the Olympic Games; to cap it all, he dethronede Roger Federer from ATP world ranking apex. Now, he goes for the Davis Cup.

"Even though it's true it was a tough season, playing Davis Cup at home against United States is an extra motivation for me," Nadal commented. "I don't know anything about the conditions of the court because I've been practicing outside, but it looks great," he added.

"It's fine for me, maybe it's a little bit soft, but it will improve by Friday," David Ferrer said; he did practice on the court with Feliciano Lopez.

As for United States, the players attended their first practice in an outside court at Plaza de Ventas.

Andy Roddick, Sam Querrey, Mardy Fish and Mike Bryan practiced doubles matchs during one hour and a half; they will practice on the central court on Tuesday.

Xristos
09-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Vamooos!

Getta
09-16-2008, 04:47 PM

:rolls:

tangerine_dream
09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
Thanks for starting a DC thread. DC is a blast to attend, I highly recommend it. It's even more fun to watch when you've got handsome teams as close-knit as Spain, and Rafa insists on sitting on FLo's lap. :angel:

Here's Andy Roddick's comments on Rafa, being the typical jerkass bully that he is. :)

Q. (Question about Rafa being tired.)
ANDY RODDICK: I don't think it does. You know, it will be amazing how 22,000 of his closest friends will probably eliminate any sort of fatigue that he may have. I think he knows that he's got a little bit of time off after this event. So I don't put much stock into it at all. He's too much of a competitor.

Q. Talk about the full package he brings to the game.
ANDY RODDICK: He's been great for tennis. Everything from kind of how hard he plays to kind of his charisma and his style on the court. But then off the court he's a perfect gentleman, he's very humble off the court. I think he's very well-respected around the tour. He's great for the game.

amierin
09-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Anyone know who the woman is in the pictures?

l_mac
09-16-2008, 07:43 PM
Thanks for starting a DC thread. DC is a blast to attend, I highly recommend it. It's even more fun to watch when you've got handsome teams as close-knit as Spain, and Rafa insists on sitting on FLo's lap. :angel:

Here's Andy Roddick's comments on Rafa, being the typical jerkass bully that he is. :)

Roddick is such an asshole. I'm amazed he's allowed to speak to the press. :shrug:

There are more pics today from the presser :inlove: I will go and fetch them.

amierin, I saw mentioned at vb who that woman was, but I have forgotten. I will go and find out. Ah, she is Esperanza Aguirre, the President of the People's Party :shrug: I know nothing of Spanish regional politics. Or Spanish national politics. :lol:

I am so helpful today :angel:

l_mac
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Pics.

Metis
09-17-2008, 02:39 AM

:lol:

thanks for all the photos Linda :hug: Ferru :inlove: :inlove:

inquiring minds wanna know :)

No, we cannot include DC, the format is completely different. :shrug:

Pics.

Apparently Lalo was not enough. Rafito has his eye on Pics now :sad: :confused:

Saumon
09-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Anyone know who the woman is in the pictures?
Lalo? :confused:
Apparently Lalo was not enough. Rafito has his eye on Pics now :sad: :confused:
Manwhore :hearts:

:lol: at "a Bryan"

The_Nadal_effect
09-17-2008, 04:53 PM
My feeling is that Rafa is not going to play Roddick. He'll be playing Query(?), the Fish or Ginepri (if he plays).

Quarry vs Rafa should be fun!:bounce:

wildegirl05
09-17-2008, 06:24 PM
an interview with the DC team :http://s296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/gandaines2/CD6.flv&fs=1&os=1&ap=1

:inlove:

translation of interview from RN.com boards

Maria: in this dream year for Spanish sport, especially for one man, for Rafa, well the only thing that is missing is that Spain wins the Davis Cup again. It's the last great effort of the season for the World No 1, for a Rafa Nadal we have seen work hard this afternoon, very hard. Rafa has been getting back into rhythm of the clay court after his efforts at the US Open and from not having touched a racquet during a very well deserved few days of rest. So, now to triumph in Las Ventas... like we said, Spain has everything in its favour, the stage, the surface and of course, the team. Well all the team are with us live, with Rosana. Rosana, I am jealous of you! Rosana, how do you see them?!

Rosana: Well I see them very well! Well all like them, they are our team, and the Americans like them too! Roddick was saying this morning in the press conference Rafa that you are an example as a person, and as a sportsman, and then we saw in Las Ventas how he was trying to imitate you in Las Ventas with that thing you do to pick up the ball...!

Rafa: He only tried!

Rosana: Well he tried but you have been a good teacher, because in the end we saw Mardy Fish a while...

Rafa: Well we have a good relationship with each other. It is also going to be a special experience for them as it is for us playing at home, in a Bull Ring as impressive as Las Ventas, for all of us it is going to be an unforgettable experience, no?

Maria: What I don't know Rafa is whether this Davis Cup finds you now tired or on the contrary, super motivated for what you have achieved this year.

Rafa: Well a bit of everything, no? But mostly motivated being here with all the team. Playing as a team is always special, different to playing on your own, so very happy to be here, I think we all are and we will try to do everything to get Spain into this final.

Maria talks about the impressive bullring and how Rafa sees himself entering the bullring "the grand Cathedral of bull fighting"

Rafa: Well we are still far from beginning, a few days to go just preparing ourselves and later we will see if it ends well

Rosana talking to Emilio: Maria was asking us how we see the team. You are the one who sees them best. You were training hard with Rafa this afternoon although he says not so hard! How are the team, are they as relaxed as they appear to be, or not quite so relaxed?

Emilio: No, I think in all of the ties I have shared with them in, this is the one I see them with the most illusion, most enthusiasm for getting fit as quickly as possible to give their best performance, to be competitive and to represent the Spaniards and Spain like they do normally in all the international tournaments.

Rosana: This is a bit of a question for all of you, perhaps you two can answer for the doubles. How do you feel about Bob definitely pulling out which the Americans announced officially today in the press conference?

Emilio (laughing at Feli and Nando who redirected the question to "Capi"): The two who normally talk the most and now on the news they are shy! Well an injury is always important in a couple as solid as those two. He has been replaced by Fish who is a great player but in difficult moments such as these, Verdasco and Lopez are the players who have more experience together. In important moments, experience counts a lot.

Rosana: Thank you all very much for being with us...

l_mac
09-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Rafa is wearing no shoes :tape:

And in another video he appears to be wearing a piece of ripped cloth around his head.

:confused:

emBWB3onCqA

wildegirl05
09-17-2008, 09:19 PM

And in another video he appears to be wearing a piece of ripped cloth around his head.

i didn't even notice the socks thing but i DID notice the ripped bandana. i think rafito is losing a lot of bets :lol:

atleast i hope that's the explanation :tape:

Getta
09-17-2008, 09:22 PM

Yes, you saw it correctly. :lol: Still, he's very, very cute. I would say that Verdasco wearing flip-flops is way more hilarious. :shrug:

Well, we've already talked about Rafa's ascetic lifestyle (and demanding work ethic...).

christiano
09-17-2008, 10:09 PM
I had to watch the video again to notice the socks...but still he manages to be kind of cool.

It is his "interesting" mannerisms that make me laugh the most tho...

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/sebduncan/8.jpg

nice pics l_mac thanks :)

l_mac
09-17-2008, 10:34 PM
vamosrafel :worship:

R6mHCpbi2LU

:D

I really hope the Spaniards don't lose this tie.

Getta
09-17-2008, 11:10 PM
Great stuff. Thanks, Linda.

Juanqui was also there sitting at the bench.

Have you noticed the poster?
There's written: RAFA NADAL "MORENITO DE MANACOR". This means "young man with dark brown hair of Manacor" :)

Also, there's written: FELICIANO LOPEZ "TORPEDO DE TOLEDO" :haha:

l_mac
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Rafa is first up on Friday, against Querrey.

http://www.daviscup.com/news/newsarticle.asp?articleid=14655
The full draw is as follows:

Friday
Rafael Nadal (ESP) v Sam Querrey (USA)
David Ferrer (ESP) v Andy Roddick (USA)

Saturday
Feliciano Lopez/Fernando Verdasco (ESP) v Mike Bryan/Mardy Fish (USA)

Sunday
Rafael Nadal (ESP) v Andy Roddick (USA)
David Ferrer (ESP) v Sam Querrey (USA)

He's not happy with the conditions in Madrid :bigcry: If Spain lose this tie (huge embarrassment) it will all be that horrible little man's fault. :(

(I nearly spelt horrible with 2 bs :retard:)

Nadal Struggles to Adjust to Madrid Bullring in Davis Cup Match

By Alex Duff

Rafael Nadal has grown comfortable on the main courts at Wimbledon and the French Open. He's struggling a bit with his newest venue, a bullring in Madrid.

Nadal, who took over tennis's top ranking last month, and his teammates from Spain will face the defending-champion U.S. in the Davis Cup semifinals starting tomorrow. The matches will be held on a clay court built in Las Ventas, a 69-year-old arena that hosts 70 bullfights a year.

Nadal, 22, said he was over-hitting balls in practice. Lower air pressure in Europe's highest capital, at 600 meters (1,969 feet) above sea level, makes the ball travel faster than normal.

``We'll have to take more care than on any other normal court,'' Nadal told reporters. ``If you hit the ball in the center, it seems like it's going to go out.''

The Spanish tennis federation picked Madrid as a Davis Cup venue for the first time in 14 years against the wishes of Nadal and his teammates. The higher altitude may help the big-serving U.S. team, featuring Andy Roddick and 6-foot-6 (2-meter) tournament rookie Sam Querrey.

``If we can get a little advantage over there, that could be it,'' Querrey said in an interview.

The best-of-five event runs for three days, and the winner will face either Argentina or Russia, who are playing on a clay court in the Estadio Parque Roca in Buenos Aires.

Querrey, a 20-year-old Californian, served 20 aces to Nadal's six and won a set from the Spaniard in a 3-hour, 12- minute fourth-round match at the U.S. Open on Sept. 1.

Biggest Bullring

The Davis Cup matches are on a specially made court in Spain's biggest bullring, a red-brick arena that includes a chapel for toreros to pray. The U.S. team will use the bullring's library as its locker room. All 21,000 seats are likely to be sold out for the three-day event, organizers said.

``I don't know if we'll ever get a chance to play in a bullring again,'' Roddick said. ``It's just cool.''

Nadal, who won the French Open, Wimbledon and the Olympic gold medal this year, and fifth-ranked David Ferrer are set to play singles for Spain. Fernando Verdasco and Feliciano Lopez probably will play doubles.

``This will be my last big effort both physically and mentally before I take a break,'' Nadal said.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&sid=aSsJQ68VIfpk&refer=uk

tangerine_dream
09-18-2008, 04:33 PM
It is his "interesting" mannerisms that make me laugh the most tho...
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc335/sebduncan/8.jpg
I'm surprised he still has these mannerisms knowing that the media is focused on him at all times. It's kind of nice that he hasn't allowed the cameras to alter his behavior.

i didn't even notice the socks thing but i DID notice the ripped bandana. i think rafito is losing a lot of bets :lol: atleast i hope that's the explanation :tape:
It looks like they ripped up a bedsheet and told Rafa to wear that on his head instead. :rolls:

DC brings out the fraternity behavior for sure.

Rafa's ass fits snugly on LaLo's lap. :angel:

http://i37.tinypic.com/10da7q0.jpg

I really hope the Spaniards don't lose this tie.
Are you kidding? :lol:

acionescu
09-18-2008, 05:15 PM
I just can't wait for this tie to start :secret: I'm contemplate a "calling sick" from work :unsure:

Rafa :inlove:

And that poster was great :rolls:

l_mac
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised he still has these mannerisms knowing that the media is focused on him at all times. It's kind of nice that he hasn't allowed the cameras to alter his behavior.
What a sweetheart he is :D

Are you kidding? :lol:
:scared: :unsure: :bigcry:

Can you imagine if they did lose? :sad:
I just can't wait for this tie to start :secret: I'm contemplate a "calling sick" from work :unsure:

Me too. :rolls:

:o

Getta
09-18-2008, 07:04 PM
Vamos España!!! :bounce:

l_mac
09-18-2008, 07:18 PM
Vamos indeed :D

Is it wrong of me to hope Spain lose one of the first 3 matches so Rafa has to play again on Sunday when I can watch?

There are quite a lot of training/presser pics from today. But I am lazy and feel sure veyonce will post them in HoTPiX later.

yana
09-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Spain is the only team where the boys sit on their lap, hug each other with passion, etc, etc :hearts:

You gotta love Spain Davis Cup team :o

l_mac
09-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Spain is the only team where the boys sit on their lap, hug each other with passion, etc, etc :hearts:

You gotta love Spain Davis Cup team :o

You do. Actually most of the teams hug. But the Spaniards tend to go that extra little bit further. :hearts:

Look at this photo. How can Querrey be younger than Rafa? HOW.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/45030000/jpg/_45030900_querreyrafa_b226.jpg

Saumon
09-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I once read someone call Sam "a teenager in his 40's" :lol:

christiano
09-18-2008, 07:43 PM
How can Querrey be younger than Rafa? HOW.

The picture certainly begs the question...and even when Rafa's hair falls out (¡¡please no!!) poor old Querrey will still have that unfortunate face.

l_mac
09-18-2008, 08:31 PM
I once read someone call Sam "a teenager in his 40's" :lol:
:spit:

I just think he's probably 28. Like Del Potro.
The picture certainly begs the question...and even when Rafa's hair falls out (¡¡please no!!) poor old Querrey will still have that unfortunate face.

I'm so scared for Rafa's hair Let's not go there with Rafa's hair. It's a hand grenade of a topic :scared: I should not have mentioned it yesterday :bigcry:

But yeah, Querrey. Bleuuuurgh.

Clara Bow
09-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Not to dwell to much on Rafa's hair- but it looks good with the hair cut.

Sam does look like an old Gabbo- but he seems to be a decent young man. (*whisper* I also liked Roddick's nice comments about Rafa *whisper*)

I think that between the Spaniards and the Argies- we may get a lot of slashtastic pictures in the next few days. :hearts:

l_mac
09-18-2008, 09:14 PM

Sam does look like an old Gabbo- but he seems to be a decent young man. (*whisper* I also liked Roddick's nice comments about Rafa *whisper*)

I think that between the Spaniards and the Argies- we may get a lot of slashtastic pictures in the next few days. :hearts:

No need to whisper. Roddick's comments to the press are universally loved, even when they're not about his great Rafa is. :worship:

Clara Bow
09-18-2008, 09:18 PM
No need to whisper. Roddick's comments to the press are universally loved, even when they're not about his great Rafa is. :worship:

By most people perhaps....with a couple of notable exceptiopns. :p

I am worried that Rafa will lose to Sam- not likely but if it happens, it may make my stomach hurt and Baby Clay Jebus cry. I think I may Tivo the Argie-Russia tie instead since they will be overlapping in coverage when I am at work.

l_mac
09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
ByI am worried that Rafa will lose to Sam- not likely but if it happens, it may make my stomach hurt and Baby Clay Jebus cry.

:bigcry:

I already have lots of reasons to excuse such a happening. But it would upset me greatly.

I think I may Tivo the Argie-Russia tie instead since they will be overlapping in coverage when I am at work.

I am recording Spain and Britain. I don't think we have coverage of the other semi here.

Metis
09-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Is it wrong of me to hope Spain lose one of the first 3 matches so Rafa has to play again on Sunday when I can watch?

It IS wrong! You want Rafa to get more tired? :mad: He's already exhausted after so many matches poor dear. :hug: :rolls:

There are quite a lot of training/presser pics from today. But I am lazy and feel sure veyonce will post them in HoTPiX later.

:rolleyes: :mad:

Linda :hug:

I couldn't agree more. :worship: The shorter the better.

:banana: :crazy:

star
09-19-2008, 12:33 AM
mms://a953.v59721.c5972.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/953/5974/3c99fd9f/wms.antena3tv.com:81/antena3noticias/omnmy24427.wmv

Thanks bery much for the link!! :hatoff: And for the other pictures too.

I am recording Spain and Britain. I don't think we have coverage of the other semi here.

I am not working tomorrow -- well, I will go in for a little bit, but mostly not working. :yippee: :yippee:

I want Rafa to win his matches, but for the U.S. to win the tie. :o Is that so very wrong??? :unsure:

Castafiore
09-19-2008, 08:09 AM
I want Rafa to win his matches, but for the U.S. to win the tie. :o Is that so very wrong??? :unsure:
Yes, it is. :(

;)

l_mac
09-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Rafa :o

Should I just delete this match without watching? The scoreline suggests yes.

Vamos Ferru :rocker2:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 03:33 PM

Yes :awww: Rafa will be crushed.

Metis' boy Ferrer is making me :mad:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Rafa's little friend from Manacor being there is ruining the Armadaness :mad:

Metis
09-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Metis' boy Ferrer is making me :mad:

:sad:

Rafa's little friend from Manacor being there is ruining the Armadaness :mad:

Who, Tomeu? Or are you talking about the guy that looks like he could be Feli's father? :lol:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 05:23 PM
Yes, Tomeu.

:(

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Who, Tomeu? Or are you talking about the guy that looks like he could be Feli's father? :lol:

:rolls: i thought i was the only one who thought that :haha:

i agree with linda about the disbanding of the armada. everyone was not seated in optimal positions :mad:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
i agree with linda about the disbanding of the armada. everyone was not seated in optimal positions :mad:

Exactly. What's the point of playing DC if there's a civilian beside every Armada member :mad:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Exactly. What's the point of playing DC if there's a civilian beside every Armada member :mad:

edit: i wonder if they're chaperones :speakles:

we're left with pictures of rafi hugging sanchez :sobbing: rafi still looks adorable though :awww: :inlove:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/76/fullj.9545ba82e4e75ba346cdaa2d1ad7dfd1/9545ba82e4e75ba346cdaa2d1ad7dfd1-getty-tennis-davis-esp-usa.jpg

RogiRafaFan86
09-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Awwww...cute.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ef/fullj.6b237279815265dbb918f1dcc60b6715/6b237279815265dbb918f1dcc60b6715-getty-tennis-davis-_esp-usa.jpg

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Tomeu in the background. :rolleyes:

I like Rafa and Sanchez. Except that Rafa looks like a little boy.

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 06:18 PM
i blame that on sanchez being an old git :sad:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 06:22 PM
So skinny :awww:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/skinny.jpg

Metis
09-19-2008, 06:26 PM
i thought i was the only one who thought that :haha:

:lol: Who is that guy BTW?

:lol: Well some of them were the coaches no? I have to say I didn't pay much attention to the Spanish bench. Watching in a livestream is not exactly helpful either... :(

edit: i wonder if they're chaperones :speakles:

:rolls: Probably; too many unmanly exhibitions of affection in the past... there had to be an intervention. :(

we're left with pictures of rafi hugging sanchez rafi still looks adorable though :inlove:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/76/fullj.9545ba82e4e75ba346cdaa2d1ad7dfd1/9545ba82e4e75ba346cdaa2d1ad7dfd1-getty-tennis-davis-esp-usa.jpg

Rafa in that photo reminds me of Peter, Andreea's son, in that avatar where he was making the no1 sign. They have the same facial expression. :D

Awwww...cute.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/ef/fullj.6b237279815265dbb918f1dcc60b6715/6b237279815265dbb918f1dcc60b6715-getty-tennis-davis-_esp-usa.jpg

Rafa-Ferru hug :inlove: It looks as if Rafa has 3 hands there. :lol:

Tomeu in the background. :rolleyes:

I like Rafa and Sanchez. Except that Rafa looks like a little boy.

You really don't like Tomeu, do you? :rolls:

So skinny :awww:

The long season has taken its toll on the poor guy. :sad:

Saumon
09-19-2008, 06:31 PM
With the shorter haircut Rafa looks like 2004-DC-winner-Rafa. :inlove:

wildegirl05
09-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Who is that guy BTW?

i dunno but i dislike him more than linda dislikes tomeu :fiery: he has ruined any feli/nando photops.

Well some of them were the coaches no? I have to say I didn't pay much attention to the Spanish bench. Watching in a livestream is not exactly helpful either...

:speakles:

then you're doing it wrong :sad: DC is all about the spanish bench :inlove:

Probably; too many unmanly exhibitions of affection in the past... there had to be an intervention.

:bigcry: they're ruining the sport.

Rafa in that photo reminds me of Peter, Andreea's son, in that avatar where he was making the no1 sign. They have the same facial expression.

Rafa-Ferru hug :inlove: It looks as if Rafa has 3 hands there.

:aplot:

Metis
09-19-2008, 07:02 PM
i dunno but i dislike him more than linda dislikes tomeu :fiery: he has ruined any feli/nando photops.

:speakles: then you're doing it wrong :sad: DC is all about the spanish bench :inlove:

:bigcry: they're ruining the sport.

I was only watching parts of the matches anyway. I had some work to do and then phone calls about computer problem troubleshooting :rolleyes:, so I missed most of the Spanish bench action. :(

l_mac
09-19-2008, 07:23 PM
You really don't like Tomeu, do you? :rolls:

I like Tennis Rafa better than Island Rafa. :shrug:

The long season has taken its toll on the poor guy. :sad:

:awww:
With the shorter haircut Rafa looks like 2004-DC-winner-Rafa. :inlove:

He looks 12 :o

l_mac
09-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Classic ass:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/classic_ass.jpg

Er ... :scared:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/scaryarm.jpg

Lucky one, Rafito.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/luckyone.jpg

Huggles.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/huggy.jpg

Pepi.
09-19-2008, 08:15 PM
awesome :bounce:

Bibberz
09-19-2008, 09:18 PM
Linda, were you the one who said that Delpo looks like a 30 year old man (or whatever)? I didn't see it so much at the time, but Delpo's looking very....distinguished in Pepi's signature. :o

l_mac
09-19-2008, 09:44 PM
Linda, were you the one who said that Delpo looks like a 30 year old man (or whatever)? I didn't see it so much at the time, but Delpo's looking very....distinguished in Pepi's signature. :o

He's clearly at least 28. :shrug:

Cloudygirl
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM
heehee I love Davis cup pictures.

Getta
09-19-2008, 11:10 PM
Lucky one, Rafito.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/luckyone.jpg

This one really makes me laugh. :lol:

Rafa looks good with medium-length hair.

Hope he is careful not to cut them above the chin line. :unsure:

l_mac
09-19-2008, 11:52 PM
Well, I am watching the match now. I am not impressed so far. With either. Querrey isn't doing anything spectacular and Rafa is playing like an imbicele.

l_mac
09-20-2008, 12:12 AM
Yesssssssssssss! Rafa breaks back!

2-2 2nd set :worship:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 12:42 AM
:woohoo: rafa wins the 2nd set. I will save the rest of the match for tomorrow. I am tired :zzz:

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 12:46 AM
you're in for a treat in the 3rd and 4th sets. good to be awake to savor it :drool:

Laba
09-20-2008, 03:04 AM
He's looking a little too thin. You can really tell the difference from say, RG 08 this year where he had a stronger looking physique. Nice win against Sam though, sure it wasn't easy but he got the job done. :)

l_mac
09-20-2008, 01:34 PM
The doubles :drool:

A watching Rafa is wearing his baseball cap sideways :o :o :o

Metis
09-20-2008, 02:05 PM
Linda, are you watching on TV or livestream?

l_mac
09-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Linda, are you watching on TV or livestream?

http://fr.justin.tv/muchodeportestv

Though it is on TV here too, but I was watching the British doubles :mad:

Minn
09-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the link, Linda.

Metis
09-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks Linda :D

l_mac
09-20-2008, 02:13 PM
:hatoff:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 02:23 PM
Fuckity fuck. :sad:

I changed my mind about wanting to watch Rafa tomorrow :awww:

Metis
09-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Apparently the guy who looks like he could be Feli's dad is Verdasco's coach :lol:

Rafito shouldn't have to play tomorrow, he's too thin and tired. He needs to go home, eat well and get some rest. :awww:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 02:28 PM
Aw, my ls stopped working.

http://rojadirecta.com/

It's on this if you read down. Actually, the quality is better for me.

Metis
09-20-2008, 02:33 PM
Ah yes, thanks, I forgot I was watching on Sopcast yesterday. :rolleyes: I'm' starting to worry, my memory is getting worse every day. :o

l_mac
09-20-2008, 02:34 PM
I am watching on TV now. Which is better.

Metis
09-20-2008, 02:36 PM
:jealous: :mad:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh Nando :bigcry:

Metis
09-20-2008, 03:20 PM
:mad:

Rafa and Pics don't look very pleased right now. :lol:

Maybe Rafa should have played the doubles... He would have taken care of business today. :mad:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 04:53 PM
WTF :mad:

Don't play, Rafa.

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 05:48 PM
:mad: these boys :bigcry:

that munoz guy is an ass of the HIGHEST ORDER. enter him in the acc :fiery:

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 05:49 PM
Apparently the guy who looks like he could be Feli's dad is Verdasco's coach :lol:

are you serious? :rolls: :haha:

Metis
09-20-2008, 05:55 PM
are you serious? :rolls: :haha:

Yes, on the justintv livestream during a changeover the spanish journalist was interviewing Costa and the other guy; in the beginning he said something like: "Here we are with the coaches of the 2 players." :)

That was when the stream stopped working and I switched to the sopcast one which was an Asian channel , so I didn't hear what they talked about.

wildegirl05
09-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Yes, on the justintv livestream during a changeover the spanish journalist was interviewing Costa and the other guy; in the beginning he said something like: "Here we are with the coaches of the 2 players." :)

That was when the stream stopped working and I switched to the sopcast one which was an Asian channel , so I didn't hear what they talked about.

:lol: thanks, metis.

that is just...it's just perfect :D

acionescu
09-20-2008, 07:22 PM
Is the title of this thread something like "feli and nando want a slap" :confused: because I'm willing to do it :angel:

MariaV
09-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Is the title of this thread something like "feli and nando want a slap" :confused: because I'm willing to do it :angel:

:wavey: I'm willing to do it too. :D We can take turns slapping them, no? :D :D

I am not too happy to have to suffer through Rafa vs Roddick live rubber tomorrow. :( Anyway, VAMOS Rafa! :banana: :bigclap: :bounce:

l_mac
09-20-2008, 07:34 PM
Maria! :hug:

Ridiculous:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/unacceptable1.jpg

cropped from a cap posted at vb by s.katalin

Castafiore
09-20-2008, 07:51 PM

MariaV
09-20-2008, 07:59 PM
I saw Rafa having the cap on in every possible position. :lol:
Linda and Hilde! :hug: :hug: Hope everything is OK around here? Sorry I don't have time to chat. :sad:

Betty
09-20-2008, 08:01 PM
missed u a lot :sad::hug:

Saumon
09-20-2008, 09:08 PM
another pic of the cap :help:

http://www.daviscup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/DC_9979_gallery.JPG

Lopaka
09-20-2008, 09:20 PM
Rafa's rally cap sure did nothing to lite a fire under Feli and Nando.

l_mac
09-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Rafa and the cap :inlove:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1513.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1221.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1121.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1612.jpg

Without the hat :awww:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1419.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/1711.jpg

He looks so full of fun and joy :sad:

acionescu
09-21-2008, 06:22 AM
Ridiculous:

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/unacceptable1.jpg

cropped from a cap posted at vb by s.katalin

This is beyond words :help: :help: :help:

Rafa's rally cap sure did nothing to lite a fire under Feli and Nando.

It's a turn off if you ask me :shrug:

Aenea
09-21-2008, 07:02 AM
I like the hat and the way Rafa is wearing it :bigclap: :D thx for the pics and my new avatar

Too bad Feli and Fer couldn't win their rubber :sad: Now Rafa will be forced to play Roddick. I'm not sure Ferrer can beat Querrey so it falls to Rafa to pull Spain through. I hope he plays better than vs Querrey.

Bamos :rocker2:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 10:22 AM
I like the hat and the way Rafa is wearing it :bigclap: :D thx for the pics and my new avatar

Different strokes, I guess ...

Anyway, Feli and, especially, Verdasco suck even more than ever. Rain :mad:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 10:36 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/Feli_Nandoscared.jpg

acionescu
09-21-2008, 10:39 AM
:haha: :haha: :haha:

:mad: :shout: "And on my birthday, you tool!" :mad: :shout:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 10:40 AM
:haha: :haha:

yana
09-21-2008, 11:08 AM
:hearts: Ahh, The Armada: 3 little beauties and David Ferrer :p

MariaV
09-21-2008, 11:30 AM

Oana! :wavey:
Ferrer doesn't look too bad off court with dry hair and sunglasses actually. :o :lol: :bolt:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Why is Sky still showing the Querrey match when play is (alledgedly) about to start :mad:

MariaV
09-21-2008, 11:36 AM
Why is Sky still showing the Querrey match when play is (alledgedly) about to start :mad:

OMG OMG, RAFA AND RODDICK ON COURT!!!!! :help: :help: :scared: :unsure: :bolt:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 11:37 AM
:mad: I still have Rafa Querrey :(

Get it together, Sky.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Finally.

:scared: :unsure: :bigcry:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 11:55 AM
:scared:

acionescu
09-21-2008, 12:16 PM
:scared: :unsure:

Metis
09-21-2008, 12:20 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/Feli_Nandoscared.jpg

Ferrer doesn't look too bad off court with dry hair and sunglasses actually. :o :lol: :bolt:

:rolleyes: Ferrer looks better than all the others. :ras:

Aenea
09-21-2008, 12:23 PM
We got a break :woohoo:

I'm feeling more confident now. Rafa looks better today :) Maybe he wasn't tired the other day just didn't feel like playing after 10 days off tennis.

Roddick, give up and go to Beijing. You've got a tournament to play starting tomorrow.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 12:25 PM
WTF is Rafa doing throwing himself around the court?

Dolt.

Metis
09-21-2008, 12:29 PM
he was running as if he was trying to save match point :rolleyes:

serve it out Rafa :armed:

elessar
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
:worship:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Rafa 21 winners/ 11 UEs

Roddick 17 winners/13 UEs.

Rafa out-aced Roddick 3-1 :rolls:

Aenea
09-21-2008, 12:35 PM
Won the 1st set :bigclap:

Rafa hit more aces than Roddick :D

l_mac
09-21-2008, 12:36 PM

:rolleyes:

You're only allowed on the chat thread :D

elessar
09-21-2008, 12:38 PM
:rolleyes:

You're only allowed on the chat thread :D
Why :awww:
I was just complimenting Rafi :awww:

break.
:worship: :worship:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 12:44 PM
:)

Metis
09-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Rafa 21 winners/ 11 UEs

Roddick 17 winners/13 UEs.

Rafa out-aced Roddick 3-1 :rolls:

:spit:

Claire is a Rafatard now :bigclap:

elessar
09-21-2008, 12:49 PM
:bigclap:
Linda tricked me into it with those DC pic :drool:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 12:49 PM
A fangirl even!

Rafa up to 5 aces.

That was an awesome return game to go up 3-0. Sometimes he makes me very pleased.

Metis
09-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Claire has been drooling over Rafa for some time now. Her resistance is getting weaker and weaker despite her efforts with that avatar and signature. :awww: :hug:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Rafa is reluctant to bagel. He's too sweet :awww:

YAY! Mean streak :devil:

The commentators :rolls: Fanboys.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 01:08 PM
2nd set stats :worship:

Rafa 17 winners (3 aces)/ 5 UEs.

Roddick 2 winners (1 ace)/ 8 UEs.

Rafa serving at 75%, Andy at 67%.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Rafa 22 winners (2 aces)/ 11 UEs.

Roddick 20 winners (6 ace)/ 16 UEs.

Rafa serving at 89%, Andy at 64%.

I predict amazing pics :woohoo: :woohoo:

Aenea
09-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Congratulations, Spain :bigclap:

Rafa :kiss: well played, baby.

Andy :hug: wise behavior. good luck in Beijing :wavey:

yana
09-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Linda, I didn't see you much on Rafa's chat thread :sad: :p

:rolleyes: Ferrer looks better than all the others. :ras:

Metis? :confused:

RogiRafaFan86
09-21-2008, 02:34 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/2rm8a53.jpg http://i33.tinypic.com/312i6o2.jpg

l_mac
09-21-2008, 02:41 PM

Metis
09-21-2008, 02:57 PM
Rafa :lol:

Metis? :confused:

What? He does! :shrug:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 03:14 PM

armada :worship:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 03:34 PM
http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/2193/madrid09214partidovsrodvs4.jpg

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/1333/madrid09214partidovsrodln5.jpg

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/9868/madrid09214partidovsrodjc6.jpg

l_mac
09-21-2008, 03:36 PM
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1978/madrid09214partidovsrodsz3.jpg

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1999/madrid09214partidovsrodwg3.jpg

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/4105/madrid09214partidovsrodwe8.jpg

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/1448/madrid09214partidovsrodlb3.jpg

waterlily_021989
09-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Love all the pics,Rafa:worship:

the biscuit
09-21-2008, 03:45 PM
They all love Rafa. http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/love2.gif

Minn
09-21-2008, 03:48 PM
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/1999/madrid09214partidovsrodwg3.jpg

I like this one. These are the types of colours he should wear on clay. They match much better than fuschia. It makes for better pictures. He can wear fuschia on hardcourts if he has to wear it at all.

This is an awful picture!

RogiRafaFan86
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Rafa has a moment with Feli before the dead rubber. Perhaps asking about any possible back injuries he may have caused him. :lol:

http://i34.tinypic.com/xcityt.jpg

l_mac
09-21-2008, 03:51 PM
He loves to make that face :hearts:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 04:14 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/nandorafa.jpg

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 04:24 PM

:awww: this may be my favorite one of all :inlove:

Aenea
09-21-2008, 04:25 PM
All the pics are awesome :hearts: Thx a lot

Feli won his match :worship:

Spain-USA 4-1 :clap2:

star
09-21-2008, 04:44 PM
This is an awful picture!

It just shows what could be -- with a little mousse and hairspray. ;)

Metis
09-21-2008, 04:52 PM

I like this one. These are the types of colours he should wear on clay. They match much better than fuschia. It makes for better pictures. He can wear fuschia on hardcourts if he has to wear it at all.

It's not fuschia it's pink. :armed:

Awww so cute! :inlove:

yana
09-21-2008, 05:24 PM
:hearts:

Spanish Armada must win DC. They are the prettiest :shrug: :music:

BTW: Who will they play in the final?

l_mac
09-21-2008, 06:04 PM

Argentina or Russia. It will be an away tie eithr way.

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/342.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/3110.jpg

http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/332.jpg

Nothing to say about the hat.

l_mac
09-21-2008, 06:09 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/327.jpg

Feli is Rafa's favourite.

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 06:11 PM
^ rafa is a man of good taste in men and horrible taste in hats. fair tradeoff :worship:

Minn
09-21-2008, 06:12 PM
It's not fuschia it's pink. :armed:

Fuschia! Do I have to find internet pictures of flowers/food to prove my point? :(

star
09-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Feli is Rafa's favourite.

It's true. Rafa loves Feli. I don't really understand it. I'll just have to believe that Feli has some redeeming qualities I don't see. :)

Tess Gray
09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
It's true. Rafa loves Feli. I don't really understand it. I'll just have to believe that Feli has some redeeming qualities I don't see. :)

Oh my god :speakles: You don't see Feli's redeeming qualities?
Shame on you my friend :o

Armada :hug: great job... Now win the finals :D

star
09-21-2008, 06:18 PM
Fuschia! Do I have to find internet pictures of flowers to prove my point? :( (Luckily for you, there are no pink/fuschia grapes.)

I'm one of the ones who think it's pink and not fuchsia.

I'm using Wikipedia for my evidence.

Fuchsia is a color named after the flower of the fuchsia plant. Fuchsia is used as an alias for electric magenta.

It's not dark enough for Fuchsia.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/DoubleFuchsias_wb.jpg

Castafiore
09-21-2008, 06:28 PM
:rolls: another color discussion.

Fuschia! Do I have to find internet pictures of flowers/food to prove my point? :(
It's pink.

It's not dark enough for Fuchsia
:cool: What star says.

Minn
09-21-2008, 06:44 PM

This is the reaction I, and I think Metis, was going for. :D ;)

Credit to sway for the pics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/21dlxzo.jpg

http://www.nike.com/index.jhtml?l=nikestore,pdp,_pdp,cid-100701/gid-125762/pid-125762&re=US&co=US&la=EN#l=nikestore,grid,_pdp,cid-100701/gid-189146/pid-156453,_grid,f-35012/s-color&re=US&co=US&la=EN

:shrug:

Castafiore
09-21-2008, 06:59 PM
Let's ask our color expert then. :cool:

Xristos, is it pink or fuchsia?

Hint: it's pink. :armed:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Back to topic :rolleyes:

NfvHdnzih7Y

_krMefcpGCU

Minn
09-21-2008, 08:41 PM
What did Rafa say is a secret at the end of the first clip? (I think that's what he said.)

RogiRafaFan86
09-21-2008, 08:43 PM
What did Rafa say is a secret at the end of the first clip? (I think that's what he said.)

I think he was referring to how the Armada would be celebrating tonight. :lol: :drink::banana::aparty::aplot:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I think she asked him how they were going to celebrate.

star
09-21-2008, 09:14 PM

Scoobs has infected you. :tape:

l_mac
09-21-2008, 09:25 PM
Scoobs has infected you. :tape:

I was joking. Look at my smilie.

:bigcry: Everyone takes me so seriously nowadays :bigcry: :bigcry:

wildegirl05
09-21-2008, 09:29 PM

then this is a good time to campaign for GM mod :rocker:

just kidding, linda :hug: thanks for the vids. feli as a matador is gonna crack me up for a few days :lol:

tangerine_dream
09-21-2008, 09:46 PM
If I don't do it first could somebody please make a gif of the Spanish team doing that "we're not worthy" bow they did for Rafa? :devil:

I'm quite happy with both teams' performance this weekend, congrats to Team España. :bigclap: I'm glad Argentina won their tie, I much prefer a tension-and-possibly-violent-filled match between them and Spain than to see Russia in yet another DC final. :zzz:

star
09-21-2008, 09:47 PM

I was joking. Look at my smilie.

:hug: :hug: :hug: Sorreeeeeee! It was just my mod bitterness seeping out.

I just love threads that morph into something else, and now all the fun is gone! :bigcry: :bigcry:

rafanadal-ever
09-22-2008, 02:35 AM

they are by far the hottiest tennis team ever.
I'm with Metis, Ferru is hot and his hair, OMG, it is even better than Fed's but only when it is dry because Fed for any miracle just doesn't sweat his hair

They are playing on Argentina and I doubt they will play Spain in clay. we must see some indoor or HC coming.
they can pick what they want we have the champ on any surfrace Wimbly, RG and Olympics Games :worship::worship:

star
09-22-2008, 02:55 AM
watching the replay of the match tonight, I got to thinking -- Rafa could accomplish all of this in one year: Wimbledon, Roland Garros, Olympic, Davis Cup and reaching number one for the first time.

That would be a truly fabulous achievement. Even as it is, it is astounding, but adding the Davis Cup and the Olympics into the year where he reached number one and won arguably the two premier Grand Slams makes it such a jam packed season. I can hardly believe it.

Clara Bow
09-22-2008, 04:24 AM
I am really divided as who I want to win the DC final. I love both teams! One thing I know for sure- tennis slash will be a winner in this final.

MariaV
09-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Mancini already said the surface will be the most important thing and the Argies will choose a fast hard court for sure.

wildegirl05
09-22-2008, 02:21 PM
totally posted this on the wrong thread :o

i just realized - wasn't almagro there as the 5th member of the team? i haven't seen him since the initial press conference pictures :confused:

acionescu
09-22-2008, 06:26 PM

NfvHdnzih7Y

Alex :inlove: :rolleyes:

I want to say something to comfort you :awww: How about: Please dont :bigcry:, nobody takes you seriously! :hug:

i just realized - wasn't almagro there as the 5th member of the team? i haven't seen him since the initial press conference pictures :confused:

I was wonder that myself ...:confused: He blogged during DC for As, though...

http://blogs.as.com/matchball/2008/09/nicols-almagro.html#more

l_mac
09-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm sure I saw Mugro's giant head on the sidelines a few times.

Or it might have been a stray satellite or one of those giant drums some fans had.

Metis
09-22-2008, 07:46 PM
_krMefcpGCU

Ferru :inlove:

Those DC clothes and caps remind me of fastfood staff uniforms :lol:

wildegirl05
09-22-2008, 08:17 PM
I was wonder that myself ...:confused: He blogged during DC for As, though...

http://blogs.as.com/matchball/2008/09/nicols-almagro.html#more

is he saying nice things about rafi? i can't tell :sad:

I'm sure I saw Mugro's giant head on the sidelines a few times.

Or it might have been a stray satellite or one of those giant drums some fans had.

did it seem like he was part of the team? i mean he's not pretty enough to be in the armada but still tomeu got to prance around. nicolas deserves better :awww:

acionescu
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
is he saying nice things about rafi? i can't tell :sad:

Of course he is :bowdown: What's bad to tell? :confused:

did it seem like he was part of the team? i mean he's not pretty enough to be in the armada but still tomeu got to prance around. nicolas deserves better :awww:

I don't think Tomeu is ugly :shrug:

What's the story with you and Tomeu? :lol:

l_mac
09-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Tomeu was in the way.

Rafa was really wanting to go and watch the football :lol:

Qq3-Hgi-bOI

Minn
09-22-2008, 09:23 PM
There's the little boy again. Anyone know who it is?

Cloudygirl
09-22-2008, 10:24 PM
There's the little boy again. Anyone know who it is?

the kid that was on Nandos lap is Emilio Sanchez's kid. So I got told on another forum.

wildegirl05
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Of course he is :bowdown: What's bad to tell? :confused:

good point :hearts:

I don't think Tomeu is ugly :shrug:

What's the story with you and Tomeu? :lol:

tomeu is no nando's coach but he was in the way all weekend :shrug:

hcfoo
11-07-2008, 07:35 PM
The heat of Davis Cup final has begun.

Rafa posted in his website regarding a false political comment reported by Argentinean media.

I don’t usually like to get involved in anything tabloid related, but given the seriousness of the matter I would like to straighten things out a bit.

It appears that some Argentinean media publishers have released a statement directed to me in regards to a ‘comment’ that apparently I made about their politics.

Well, I would like to say that those comments are completely false and my team is now going to get involved to try to track the source of these lies. We are going to take the necessary steps to stop this from happening again.

I am the kind of person that doesn’t like to get involved in politics, not local, nor national, and specially not international. That’s the way it is, and the way it will remain.

I really hope that all the Argentinean people that read the article know that it wasn’t me who said those things but instead it was someone else who just wanted to take advantage of my name.

Thank you everyone!

Rafa

tennisace21
11-08-2008, 02:13 PM
Does anyone have that article that the Argys made up? anyone? anyone????

hcfoo
11-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Someone told me in my blog that the article claims that Rafa defended and supports Argentina's President :confused:

Foxy
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM
If Spain win the DC without Rafa, will it count as a SECOND Davis Cup for him or not?
I've been wondering since he qualified almost by himself Spain to the final. It won't be fair otherwise. What are the rules?

Getta
11-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Is there anyone here who can help Foxy?

Aenea
11-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Sorry, Foxy but the answer is No. Only the names of the winning final team will be engraved on the Davis Cup trophy. Rafa will be left out no matter how he performed in the previous ties. So if Spain wins DC it won't be counted as second DC for him.

Aenea
11-24-2008, 11:58 AM
It is so unfair that Marcel Granollers' name is engraved on that DC trophy and Nadal's, Robredo's and Almagro's are not :rolleyes: What an irony. Those who played for the team and sent it to the finals have been left out and the one that made it to the finals just by chance and hasn't played a single match has his name on the trophy. Not that it's Granollers' fault but still unfair to those who actually did something for the team's success.

IMO ITF should think about changing this. Winning DC is a joint effort of many players and all those who helped for the win should be considered winners and not only the final 4.

MariaV
03-03-2009, 08:26 AM
Bump. :angel:
Linda's thread. :ras: :rolls:

acionescu
03-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Serbia :scared: :unsure:

:p

Minn
03-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Maria, :rolls:.