Xristos
09-15-2008, 08:40 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/246nsao.jpg
Rather boreing if you ask me..

Castafiore
09-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Boring indeed...:zzz:
The second outfit is UGLY.

Although those pink shirts are going to trigger reactions, no?

X, would you please resize those pics for us?

l_mac
09-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Oh my God.

Get a grip, Nike.

And Rafa :retard: I want to lick you, of course, but not because I think you're an ice cream. Those colours are hideous.

:(

scarecrows
09-15-2008, 09:56 PM
u sure it's pink? looks more like fuchsia to me

l_mac
09-15-2008, 11:05 PM
Xristos, you really back tracked in the Fed forum :o

I hope MY apologised to you at least.

Tiklish
09-16-2008, 01:04 AM
This stuff has me dreading next season. If Nike actually goes through with putting Rafa in these shirts I'll never buy another one of their products again for the rest of my life. Not only will this stuff dramatically reduce the visual pleasure that is Rafa, and TV is all about the view, but it makes no sense to suddenly start dressing him like Federer just because he became #1. Variety is the spice of life. And in a rivalry the differences between the two should be emphasized not eliminated.

wildegirl05
09-16-2008, 01:08 AM
omg rafa :rolls:

i really hope this isn't true :lol:

savesthedizzle
09-16-2008, 02:36 AM
I actually like the yellow one :rolls:

Xristos
09-16-2008, 05:52 AM
Xristos, you really back tracked in the Fed forum :o

I hope MY apologised to you at least.

What?

What do you mean?

adee-gee
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Disgusting.

What the hell are those pockets needed for? :retard:

Mimi
09-16-2008, 09:44 AM
uggg, not nice thes outfits :o

clairelai
09-16-2008, 05:42 PM
the yellow one is better,but i still don't like it.

Tess Gray
09-16-2008, 06:00 PM
I like the pink shirt... I like men in pink:)

Getta
09-16-2008, 06:00 PM
u sure it's pink? looks more like fuchsia to me

It is fuchsia, indeed. Well, fuchsia can be considered as a shade of pink. :unsure: :scared:

l_mac
09-16-2008, 07:04 PM
What?

What do you mean?

You said you were never going to post pics for them again. I think it was because Mellow Yellow was rude to you :awww:

Xristos
09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
You said you were never going to post pics for them again. I think it was because Mellow Yellow was rude to you :awww:

Oh yes..

Im a forgiveing person. :)

l_mac
09-16-2008, 09:00 PM
Oh yes..

Im a forgiveing person. :)

You're a sweetheart :hug:

rafanadal-ever
09-16-2008, 09:40 PM
these shoes are HORRIBLE and the second outfit is depressing. Please, can Nike keep Rafa away from the designers. I don't think it worked as we expected. Where is the hot orange outfit that he was supposed to wear on USO?

Metis
09-17-2008, 03:04 AM
The pink outfit. :tape: The 2nd one is not too bad :shrug:

christiano
09-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the pics...

Am I allowed to like the pink one? It's pretty cool especially with dark (are they blue?) shorts. Still, the outfits are very Rafa really are they? Having said that, I suppose he can't stay the same forever, and so long as he doesn't cut his hair I may be able to cope...

l_mac
09-17-2008, 08:52 PM
His hair will all fall out soon anyway.

Electroshogun
09-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Not that I like pink anyway [one of the worst colours in existence] but they could've chosen a better shade of it for the first. It's bordering on trashy 'Sindy pink'. The second outfit isn't as bad, nevertheless. I like its simplicity.

LA1
09-18-2008, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the pics! I know I am in the minority when I say I like the new look. I was ready for the new look and think Rafa is too. I like the pink shirt w/the navy shorts but can't really tell on the shoes, I need to see the entire shoe (front was hard to see) but I guess they are just an updated version of the cage version? The second one is fine but am worried about the color, yellow/lime? I am not sure that is best color on Rafa's complexion (I have similar complexion and its one of my worse colors). But we'll see. Wonder if he will start w/the new look at the Madrid MS or wait until 2009 (Chennai)?

Xristos
09-18-2008, 07:44 AM
His hair will all fall out soon anyway.

Seems that way.

Lopaka
09-18-2008, 07:48 AM
In Beijing, 2005 Rafa wore yellow with white shorts. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a147/bobby117/album1/Beijing01.jpgThen there was the hopefully never to be repeated broccoli and cheese sauce outfit worn at the 2007 Australian Open. Rafa looks okay in most any color.

Kidding about the outfits aside, if Rafa is comfortable then I don't see much reason for further discussion. Based on the USO fiasco it seems he does have some say when he will change style. It is probably just me but I've seen Rafa on both competition and practice courts enough times to know what he wears will have no effect on going to see him in person whenever possible.

Naina
09-18-2008, 01:50 PM
It's horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:retard::bigcry:
Even Rafa won't be able to pull of PINK on clay.:o

rafa_maniac
09-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Horrendous :help:

rafanadal-ever
09-19-2008, 12:25 AM
I kinda like the pinky thing if he was off court. No way a man tennis player go on court with that

Laba
09-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Pink on a red clay background? Ugh.

Xristos
09-22-2008, 05:06 AM
Credit to Xavier for the pics:
http://i37.tinypic.com/2rrmczc.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2rrqrti.jpg

Saumon
09-22-2008, 08:13 AM
Serena called, she wants her shoes back!

That pink/yellow combo will look uuuugly on clay. :sobbing:

And wtf are those squares on the shorts (that are way too long to wear with this kind of shorts btw)? :unsure:

LA1
09-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Credit to Xavier for the pics:
http://i37.tinypic.com/2rrmczc.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/2rrqrti.jpg

Ugh. I don't like the shoes. The white and gray is awkward. Bummer.

10nisfan
09-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Serena called, she wants her shoes back!

:haha: :haha:

Yeah, the Pink, Black and White Combo on That Shoes is More Suited for Women...:unsure:

If He Wants to Wear That Pink Shirt with Black/Blue/Gray Shorts, He Should Wear Shoes that's Mostly Black with Maybe the Nike Logo in White... :scratch:

Electroshogun
09-23-2008, 06:49 PM
The whole get-up now, shoes included, looks like something picked up randomly from a jumble sale. The colours don't harmonise in the slightest.

MyPrecious
09-24-2008, 03:17 AM
I never thought I'd post in here.

But looking at these horrendous get ups, I have to say it's official....

Rafa is a hot mess :eek:

Clothing wise, of course ;)

I guess I'll sit back, and enjoy the rest of the "sleeveless" year :sad:

tennis fan 2
09-24-2008, 03:40 AM
Disgusting.

What the hell are those pockets needed for? :retard:

THAT is a very good question. :confused: Also, does NIKE hate Rafa? :shrug: Is that why they are doing this?

l_mac
09-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I never thought I'd post in here.
Why? The Rafa forum is awesome :D

But looking at these horrendous get ups, I have to say it's official....

Rafa is a hot mess :eek:

Clothing wise, of course ;)

I guess I'll sit back, and enjoy the rest of the "sleeveless" year :sad:

He's having sleeves for the indoor season :mad: Allegedly.

Xristos
09-24-2008, 02:55 PM
^As posted by me..

Rafa might have played his last match in a sleeveless..

Metis
09-24-2008, 03:31 PM
RIP sleeveless shirts :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwOvI5qF88

NancyIsabelle
09-24-2008, 05:32 PM
:confused:I don't really care how Rafa is dressed, as long as he wins and is not injured ... but to be honest, I don't like this stuff very much. I guess Rafa has a word to say ...

NancyIsabelle
09-24-2008, 05:34 PM
RIP sleeveless shirts :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPwOvI5qF88

:haha::haha::haha:

tennisace21
09-28-2008, 07:45 PM
im hating nike right now.
i think rafa should rip his sleeves of the second he starts the match. wait, scratch that. he should rip his shirt off the second he starts the match. lol

TBRN
09-28-2008, 08:05 PM
I like it...
It will be much better on him :) mmmmmmmmm

Xristos
10-29-2008, 03:14 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/33uvrww.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/2ymw0ae.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/29pp1r9.jpg

Xristos
10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Miami:
http://i33.tinypic.com/2ikzbrq.jpg
http://i38.tinypic.com/1ic137.jpg

Xristos
10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
http://i37.tinypic.com/o5pb21.jpg

cmurray
10-29-2008, 03:37 PM
his shirt is still sleeveless.

Xristos
10-29-2008, 04:06 PM
No, its just going to be super super tight.

acionescu
10-29-2008, 05:38 PM
I'll hang my head in shame and deny I'm a Nadal fan if he ever wears that pink monstruosity :rolleyes:

Xristos
10-29-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll hang my head in shame and deny I'm a Nadal fan if he ever wears that pink monstruosity :rolleyes:

Well he is going to wear it so you might as well get used to it.

Saumon
10-29-2008, 07:08 PM
Like he was supposed to wear sleeves for the end of the season?

Xristos
10-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Like he was supposed to wear sleeves for the end of the season?

He will be at the Masters Cup.

tennisace21
10-30-2008, 12:27 AM
Ugh, i heard about that , too. To ever think i was excited for Shanghai!!!!

RogersHardCandy
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
Lol, i hope that he's not really going to play on clay with a pink polo ç___ç
I can't imagine Rafa wearing those shirts while playing at Roland Garros, omg °-°

it makes no sense to suddenly start dressing him like Federer just because he became #1. Variety is the spice of life. And in a rivalry the differences between the two should be emphasized not eliminated.

This is exactly what i think about Rafa's Polo Affair =DD

tennisace21
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
agreed, RHC.

tennisace21
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
agreed, RHC.

nkhera1
01-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Does he really need that shirt pocket? Honestly is he going to start wearing a pocket protocter and pens while he is on the court to make him seem even more grown up.

rafanadal-ever
01-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Xristos
any update on what he will wear on February and March hard court tournies?

Xristos
01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
For Miami he is wearing Blolt and white polo with a line of Green mist. Im sure I posted a pic.

jijiprincess
02-22-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice outfit

pica_pica
02-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Urgh....why is he in such odd colors this year?!
Pink on clay court surely is problematic!!

aceadvantage
02-23-2009, 11:31 PM
Whaaaat? Nike needs to learn how to dress him!

tangerine_dream
04-22-2009, 12:34 AM
Peter Bodo is disgusted with Rafa's new look.

http://tennisworld.typepad.com/tennisworld/2009/04/tk-1.html
Just like Julien

It's time for me to 'fess up. I've been having lots of trouble "connecting" with Rafa ever since he dropped the clamdiggers and sleeveless sausage-casing tops. I know it's pretty late in the game to be making this confession, but I thought the discomfort would pass. And, hey, this is not an easy thing to admit for a guy who's never been particularly interested in getting in touch with his feminine side. What does it say about me that I'm bummed out about what amounts to. . .well . . . a wardrobe change? Should I feel weird about this? Do I need to see a therapist (and if so, any chance Rafadoc will give me a discount?).

Anyway, it's time to face the music. I can no longer duck the job of writing the Nadal post on the grounds that there's really no news, or that his recent history is fairly uncomplicated. But that happens to be true, as hungry as y'all may be for all things Rafa. He's a fiercely burning star arcing toward a peak, a point not yet in sight and therefore not yet subject to the "what ifs" or "if onlys" that will later shape and enrich any conversation about him - giving the likes me of me something a little more thought-provoking to contemplate.

Right now, Nadal is at about the same point in his own trajectory that Federer passed, in his, sometime around July of 2006. And always keep this in mind - the higher you go, the easier it becomes in one critical, counter-intuitive way: the force of gravity actually decreases the farther you are from the earth. It's strongest for those still struggling to get off the ground (just ask Donald Young, or Fabio Fognini). Life in the stratosphere - it's a beautiful thing. Enjoy it before you pass the peak of your trajectory and the gravity you've defied for so long inevitably begins to pull, and pulls faster and faster until you re-enter the atmosphere, burst into flames, and lose your Nike contract.

So, speaking of Nike, I'm still discontented that shoe-and-apparel giant decided to present us with what I think of as a new version of Rafa, or, in my mind, country-club Rafa. Oh, I know, everyone has to grow up. Besides, how much money can you pump out of all those pimply teen-agers who, gazing upon Rafa's guns, identify with and long to emulate him? There are always new marketing worlds to conquer, and no matter how much paunchy Dr. Rabinowitz or concave-chested Forrest Harbinger III wants to look younger, more vigorous, stronger, and even slightly . . dangerous. . .those guys aren't totally deluded. Can you picture either of them walking through the door with an armload of piratas and muscles shirts, causing his wife to burst into tears and scream: Honey, what were you thinking??????

No danger of that anymore. A Presbyterian minister could wear Rafa's current kit without a trace of self-consciousness.

Personally, though, I'm a little sad that we have a new, conventional Rafa. I'm not really into fashion, but I try to be observant about everything, including fashion, and enjoy trying to work out the signals and messages we all send with our actions and tastes. Years ago, I dismissed the original Nadal fashion statement as a cruel joke played on this poor Spanish kid; I thought Rafa looked dangerously like the newest member of the Village People in those clamdiggers, sleeveless shirts and the thick bandana that would have been appropriate dressing for a head wound incurred during the War Between the States (it was a particularly gruesome and violent war).

That "look" seemed forced, foreign (to tennis), and too aggressively down-market at the time. Besides, the Nike sleeveless polyester Nadal t-shirt cost about fifty bucks last time I checked, but I was pretty sure you could get something just like it at Wal-Mart, or Target, for $3.99 (and that's not even on sale). That other $45, I guess, is what you paid for the oxymoronic promise that something would keep you "Dri" (that's sports-marketing speak for "dry") when you're doing something that's supposed to make you perspire like a Comanche in a sweat lodge.

But over time I grudgingly had to admit that the pirata calculation was perfect (just compare the two pictures of Rafa here). Either Nadal showed that the outfit caught something essential and true about his nature, or the sheer force of his explosive, exuberant athletic and personal style turned a costume into a symbol. Whatever the case, it worked. Nadal's outfit came to define him. It suggested that he was both a common laborer, perspiration gleaming on his bulging bi-ceps under a brutal afternoon sun, and also as a swashbuckling hero, a bold and feckless youth intent on performing impossible feats of derring-do. I'll tell you what they should have stenciled on his racket face - the Jolly Roger. But the irony would have been too cruel.

I'm not sure why the new country-club Rafa vibe bums me out. Part of it must be the degree to which it's a sharp comment that nobody, not even Jet Boy, is young forever. But who really wants an older, more mature, more mainstream Rafa? I don't want to deny him his humanity - of which he has a great deal, as we've all seen - but I kind of liked him as a comic book superhero, a young man who makes 10 and 11 year olds (not to mention women of every age) blink, as if they're not quite sure that what they're seeing could possibly be. . . real. Am I the only one who thinks that the new outfit yields some valuable ground that Rafa earned with a hard fight, and almost seems to say: Aw, we were just kidding, Rafa's not scary or ovepowering or different at all, he's just like Julien Benneteau now, except he wins a lot more!

Rafa used to be a muscle car; now he's a Volvo. He used to be seaman, now he's a yachtsman. He used to be slightly dangerous looking; a guy who might be carrying a switchblade tucked into one of those socks. Now it looks like that thing tucked into his sock is more likely to be a little can of breath freshener.

But what I'm most bummed about is simply how old Nadal looks in his "tennis whites" a lot of the time. You can really get a sense of that if you scroll through the pictures at any of the big commercial photo stock houses. He either looks like an old, big dude with stringy hair or, in some recent pictures, like somebody else dressed him - his sisters or someone: I know, Paz, let's dress my brother Rafa up like a tennis player. I think daddy has some tennis clothes in the hall closet!

I take comfort in one thing, though. Neither pirata nor country club Rafa is a fashion plate. And the Spanish as a group can certainly use a dude - especially a commanding dude - to leaven the hair gel and square-toed shoe factor with a dose of blissful ignorance of all things Calvin Klein. When you see a bunch of Spanish players together, you could be forgiven for mistaking them for guys auditioning for roles in a new reality show: Andalusia's Top Male Models.

Oh, vanity - thy name is Roland Garros contender! Check out this photo of Feliciano Lopez and Fernando Verdasco. How about that belt buckle Feli's rockin' with his hip hugger jeans?

Anyway, this change of outfit has really messed with the way I think about Nadal. I'm a little spooked, worried that whatever "feel" I had for his nature as either a competitor or a person is severely damaged, or going to evaporate. And it's made me realize that over the past few years I really developed a lot of "feeling" for Nadal - something that's a mixed blessing in my line of work, where you're rarely more than one compound sentence away from outright prejudice or an off-putting degree of favoritism.

So in the long run, maybe it's a good thing that swashbuckling Rafa has morphed into country club Rafa, but like a lot of other people, I don't necessarily want what's best for me.

l_mac
04-22-2009, 12:36 AM
Only because he can't call him jetboy and make reference to his blue collar look anymore.

I really fucking hate Pete Bodo's writings.

elessar
04-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Peter Bodo = tiklish, finally mystery solved.

Explains a lot of things too

christallh24
04-22-2009, 06:00 AM
What the hell? He's having trouble "Connecting" to Rafa. Because of his clothes?! If someone can get turned off by Rafa because of his clothes, they weren't a fan to begin with.

kaylee
04-22-2009, 04:16 PM
hmmm well must say I got sick of people wearing the Rafa shirt in Miami (the store was doing a roaring trade!!!) as colours go I am not a fan but I like the style but hopefully it isn't going to be the same colours all year.

l_mac
04-29-2009, 01:35 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/PqkBCC9-3730b96e7fdb26ae3d25314f90f16d8f.jpg

:scared:

Minn
04-29-2009, 02:13 AM
I agree, Linda, with the :scared:. It looks like too many colours for one outfit.

rafa_maniac
04-29-2009, 06:42 AM
At least it's back to the more out-there Nadal colour wise, but WHY POLO?? :sobbing: I actually really loved the Indian Wells outfit, but the polo look is terrible.

sphiie
04-29-2009, 11:04 AM
pink and yellow together... that's ugly =S i'm so dissapointed by his outfit this year for Roland garros ! Last year with the flash green one, it was not pretty but quite acceptable, this year, the PINK on HIM!!!!! that's really... horrible!

but after all, it's just an outfit :)

tennizen
04-29-2009, 02:29 PM
That's the worst outfit color wise:lol:

Morrissey
05-02-2009, 01:16 AM
Have you guys even tried the polos? They're so soft and comfortable on the skin that I'm getting them all. BTW, love the pink. My favorite one yet. I also like the one he's wearing now too.

sphiie
05-09-2009, 08:26 PM
We will see in 2 weeks if this outfit does suit him!
But without clothes or with ugly clothes, he's still magnificient to me :)

rafa_maniac
05-09-2009, 10:17 PM

Yes, without clothes he certainly is magnificent :devil: :angel:

star
05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I don't mind the pink. I also kind of like yellow and pink together.

I'm not crazy about black shorts if he's going to wear the tape.

Also I really f--ing hate black shoes.

sphiie
05-09-2009, 11:07 PM
Yes, without clothes he certainly is magnificent :devil: :angel:

haha! Only Xisca has the privilege to see this :o:sad::devil:
no i'm joking with or without, it will always be wonderful to me!

nashty
05-10-2009, 01:11 PM
For some odd reason, I'd prefer last year's outfit than this one. Though we'll see how this one goes...

sphiie
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
It would suit him don't worry! :p
No really, it's awful. but it's just an outfit...

Xristos
05-11-2009, 06:58 PM
l mac who is the guy in your sig?

JolánGagó
05-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Xristos how's going in Barna?

l_mac
05-11-2009, 09:54 PM
l mac who is the guy in your sig?

:speakles:

Mark Petchey.

tangerine_dream
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/PqkBCC9-3730b96e7fdb26ae3d25314f90f16d8f.jpg
I'm in the minority, I like this outfit. Pink must be Rafa's favorite color, he sure does wear it a lot. It's a good color on him. It's weird how his team keeps picking anti-winner colors (no blues or reds). Is this some kind of reverse psychology? I don't believe the colors they choose are random.

cmurray
05-12-2009, 12:31 AM
it clashes dreadfully with the court. :sobbing:

I don't mind Rafa in pink, actually...but not on a red court. Nike. :rolleyes:

star
05-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I'm in the minority, I like this outfit. Pink must be Rafa's favorite color, he sure does wear it a lot. It's a good color on him. It's weird how his team keeps picking anti-winner colors (no blues or reds). Is this some kind of reverse psychology? I don't believe the colors they choose are random.

We had the controversial "Concord Blue" last year. :) :)

star
05-12-2009, 04:30 AM

But the court is sort of more orangish then actual red. I kind of like that color pink with the court.

Let me say again that I hate the shoes.

Aenea
05-12-2009, 07:47 AM

He had outfits in those colors before, one of my favorite outfits was red+black+yellow. It would be boring if Nike dressed him always in the same colors. New pink is OK.

Naina
05-12-2009, 09:24 AM
I have never seen pink bulls in my life:o. IMHO the whole outfit is completely wrong :tape: He looks like the twin flavored strawberry mango ice creams we get here. yuck.

rafa_maniac
05-12-2009, 11:17 AM

Nope, I like the colour combination alot (except for the fact that his socks and tape should also be black, at the moment there's too much going on colour wise with white aswell). I just wish the shirt wasn't a polo :ras:

christallh24
05-12-2009, 07:58 PM

Thank goodness! I'm so glad there are other Rafa fans like you out there. Some of his other fans have gone waaaaayyyyyy overboard with this change. Yes, I was sad, too, to see the sleeveless go, but he still looks good and still looks like Rafa. I think all the outfits so far have looked uniquely Rafa, just unlike anyone else on tour. I'm so sick of the bitching about his hair and clothes. If you are a Rafa fan, you should love him with or without. Do we have to like, hell no, but can we accept this is where he is now and move on?

Oh, but about the pink, though,...uh, I think I'm going to reserve judgement.

veyonce
05-22-2009, 07:49 PM
From Rafa's official website
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/907/upload591f024f121641713.th.jpg (http://img40.imageshack.us/my.php?image=upload591f024f121641713.jpg)

luvrafa
05-23-2009, 06:56 AM
I really don't like the polo shirts. Rafa looks much better in shirts with no collar. I could tolerate the pink shirt if it was collarless and sleeveless.

Castafiore
05-23-2009, 10:55 AM
Some clever soul on vb observed that the yellow and pink matches the colors of the cape (traje de luces) of a matador.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/07/11/article-1034484-01EC658900000578-102_468x297.jpg

Not a fan of bullfighting, though.

10nisfan
05-25-2009, 08:46 PM

i Second to this... Pink and the Red Clay doesnt go together in my eyes, actually it hurts my eyes to look at that color combo... :o

yeah Rafito seems to wear Pink Shirts often, and he does look good in them... but just not with the Red Clay...

hmp, Nike should have made Yellow Tapes for his Knees and make him Wear Pink Socks, that should complete the whole emsemble...:lol:

Peta Pan
05-26-2009, 07:37 AM
i Second to this... Pink and the Red Clay doesnt go together in my eyes, actually it hurts my eyes to look at that color combo... :o

yeah Rafito seems to wear Pink Shirts often, and he does look good in them... but just not with the Red Clay...

hmp, Nike should have made Yellow Tapes for his Knees and make him Wear Pink Socks, that should complete the whole emsemble...:lol:

Yeah with the clay background I had trouble watching in the beginning. It's an awful clash!

I hate the clothes altogether though. I think the pink looks bad with his skin colour and on TV, when they show just his top half he reminds me of a My Little Pony! The shirt as the bright pink body and the headband as the flouro yellow hair :help:

It's all too much when I'm still mourning the loss of the sleeveless :sad:

I would love to see him back in the blue/purple/grape colour (ok, it was a purple shade - just in case Xristos sees this because I admit he was right and I was wrong ;) ).

Peta Pan
05-26-2009, 07:40 AM
But the court is sort of more orangish then actual red. I kind of like that color pink with the court.

Let me say again that I hate the shoes.

:lol: I actually think that pink/orange and pink/yellow are 2 of the most disgusting colour combinations possible so this outfit is just wrong in every possible way :p

Turquoise
05-26-2009, 09:18 AM
Some clever soul on vb observed that the yellow and pink matches the colors of the cape (traje de luces) of a matador.

If Nadal is swathed in the colours of a Matador, does that neutralise the bull in him? :scratch:

To be honest, I'm not keen about the pink, but since it appears it's his personal taste, then I'll indulge him. Just don't ever lose the fierce, winning mentality please!

veyonce
05-26-2009, 09:34 AM
Hmmm.. I'm actually quite ok with this outfit. I prefer collars on him. I think that the Adidas bright yellow shirt is much worse. Seems that Nike is more willing to indulge in clothings for Rafa then Federer. I'm actually getting bored with what Nike chose for Federer.. Another variation of blue...

Maybe Roger should wear what Rafa is wearing to tame Rafa, no??

Mimi
05-26-2009, 09:42 AM
don't like especially the collars, nadal sweats a lot, this will make him more hot :mad:

MariaV
05-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Hmmm.. I'm actually quite ok with this outfit. I prefer collars on him. I think that the Adidas bright yellow shirt is much worse. Seems that Nike is more willing to indulge in clothings for Rafa then Federer. I'm actually getting bored with what Nike chose for Federer.. Another variation of blue...

Hehe, if that would tame Rafa I wish Roger never to wear what Rafa is wearing. :lol: :p
I don't really care much about the colours Rafa's wearing, the game is more important anyways, and if he's happy with the pink... so be it. :)
I used to wear pink with my blonde hair till the end of uni (age 21) and everyone commented how well it suited me but after I graduated I swore I'll never wear anything pink in my life, threw away all my pink stuff and have never ever worn pink again. :D There will never be a pink item in my wardrobe ever again, doesn't matter how much the fashion industry might push it. :D

Xristos
05-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Yeah with the clay background I had trouble watching in the beginning. It's an awful clash!

I hate the clothes altogether though. I think the pink looks bad with his skin colour and on TV, when they show just his top half he reminds me of a My Little Pony! The shirt as the bright pink body and the headband as the flouro yellow hair :help:

It's all too much when I'm still mourning the loss of the sleeveless :sad:

I would love to see him back in the blue/purple/grape colour (ok, it was a purple shade - just in case Xristos sees this because I admit he was right and I was wrong ;) ).
LOL when did you come to this conclusion?

I feel the same way V. Roger NEEDS to stop wearing blue.

Peta Pan
05-27-2009, 01:29 AM
LOL when did you come to this conclusion?
When you wore the same colour shirt to the AO and I took a very close look at it. I told you then that you were right :p

wilmar
05-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Hmmm.. I'm actually quite ok with this outfit. I prefer collars on him. I think that the Adidas bright yellow shirt is much worse.

I'm ok with the pink shirt and grey shorts too. My only gripe is with the LUMINOUS yellow of the bandana and wrist bands. Nothing wrong with the colour, but in this combination, it really takes the shine off Rafa's outfit. If you look at him from afar, or on the courts. the first thing that jumps out on you visually are the bandana and the wrist bands. And these are hardly the emphasis design-wise.:rolleyes:

Noting it is the exact same colour as the tennis ball, it could be a tactical move to confuse the opponent with the two moving wrist bands with the tennis ball in play.:devil: Though honestly, Rafa doesn't need these "tricks" to win matches :p

Bremen
05-31-2009, 10:15 PM
I like the pink shirt, I'd love to buy it...any good online shops??

born_on_clay
06-01-2009, 08:04 AM
tennis warehouse

kaylee
06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
I think you can get it at the Nike store but I am not sure where you live in Canada!

charliebrown
06-04-2009, 01:56 AM
What whites is Rafa wearing for Wimbledon?
Last year's outfit was so so plain!

Laba
06-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Isn't it supposed to be? lol

Hey, if it worked last year... I wouldn't change a thing for this time around. :p

Unfortunately enough, they will probably give him a collar and some gold trim ala Roger in '07. :o

kaylee
06-04-2009, 03:30 PM
Oh lord I hope not - a Roger clone we do not need. At least we hope there will not be the blazer or cardigan that was just too much. Yeah Rafa will probably be conventional sorry that Wimbly is boring on the other hand it is nice to see clean, crisp white outfits against the green lawns. Sorry getting a little wistful there!