Was Novak unfairly treated in New York? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Was Novak unfairly treated in New York?

Henry Kaspar
09-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Fine, the guy has neither Federer's flair nor Nadal's charisma. And sometimes he acts like a bit of a prick.

But I feel he has taken too much stick recenlty. He is only 21 and will mature. And other than his antics, there is a lot to be said in his favor: a great fighter with bucketloads of guts, strenght of mind, and character. Someone who performs the better the bigger the stage, and who exploits mercilessly any weakness of his opponent. Someone who is not in awe ony because Federer or Nadal is on the other side of the net. And someone who won't be intimitaed because 20,000 are yelling against him.

Djokovic won't go away soon, and it's good like this. Tennis needs characters like him.

Bobby
09-07-2008, 06:35 PM
Please make it stop! He should be more matured by now. Djokovic is not a kind of character tennis needs. But this has been discussed many times by now...

09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
i agree! he brought so much to tennis, he made it a bit more interesting in past 2 years. Now its not all about Federer or Nadal, there is also Novak and i love what he did, i love how he fights...and i do understand that he is not physically as strong as other players on tour and he tries to help himself by taking time outs....he made my friends, and a lot of ppl i know, believe that even if u r not so strong, u can become one of the best players on the world if u have feit. He has everything, and he is just a regular guy.

Its not his fault that we (fans) look at players like their are gladiators and expect them to be whole year fit and strong and to run all over the court like crazy.... and overall, he is a guy who plays every tournament's semi finals or final..he is constant. And he is tired. ANd he is not affraid to show that he is vulnerable. He know and he is not ashamed to ask for help when he needs it. ANd he is not ashamed to admit he made a mistake. He is just a guy 21 years old, and all the world expects him to be superman. Well, he is not Nadal, And he is not Federer, probably no mother will give birth to the guys like them ever, they are one in a million. Novak is different. And thats what I like with him the most. Fair play, good heart, such a nice game to watch, and he is just a human. just like we are.

Damn
09-07-2008, 06:47 PM
He's 21 and he acts like a prick teenager. Nadal at 21 was exactly as quiet as he is now. It's not about "mature", it's all about his personality, and he loves to be the main character of the show.

Djokovic is a dangerous tennis player, that's for sure, but I just can't stand his yells, his racket-throwing when things don't go as well as he wants, gestures, prays to heaven asking for help, massive applauses/hugs after a big point/loss, his parents/brother being filmed between every single point, 30-bounces-serve when he needs concentration and then 2-bounces-serve when he is 6-1 4-2 40-15, injury timeouts, etc. Gamesmanship in general, but this is tennis, not WWE.

Bascule
09-07-2008, 06:49 PM
You are bunch of morons and Djokovic doesn't give a damn what you think. You are not even to his knees.

Branimir
09-07-2008, 06:50 PM
It is just funny when I read how it's still all top2 and Djokovic is far away although he had clear shoots at number 2, twice.

Anyway, Nole needs to smarten up definitely, cause he is a nice guy, but stupid things that he does over and over again, make him look bad. Not many people here have understanding through how much stress he went in last couple of years to get where he is right now. Finally he is not anymore physically tired, you could sense that he is also mentally tired too.

safinalium
09-07-2008, 06:51 PM
Nice to see something nice said about him here after the whole ridiculous bashing going on lately.

Nole isn't perfect but at least he's always honest and straightforward. And this is something very rare to see in players nowadays....

Pea
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
All we need is his parents to post in here.

dusk
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Tennis needs characters like him.

I agree!
The fact that people either LOVE him or HATE him says enough.
I'm bored to death with Fed's puritanism and hypocrisy.
Rafa is charismatic on the court but pretty dull off court.
Bring it on!

iva_bg
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
He is great for tennis, he's not boring, unlike Federer... He can go over the line sometimes but at least he's got character!

crude oil
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
:lol:

novak at the core isnt any different from federer and nadal...its just that federer and nadal are much better diplomats and they know how to play politics with the media, tennis players and fans.

Djoko hasn't learned that yet.

RustyFun
09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
The Crybaby Faker is on a decline , it is obvious.
He barely survived Boredo (with the Oscar worth of cheating and faking performance) , very hardly Cilic in Rd.3 and got lucky that the Duck played like challenger player in the 1 and 2 set and choked big time just two serves away from the 5th set.

I am looking forward in the spring of 2009 when we will witness the downfall of the Crybaby Faker out of the top 5.

However, tennis always needs clowns like him.
It is quite obvious that MTF wouldn't have been as much interesting without him and of course with the influx of the Serbian tennis fans. No matter that 99% of them started watching tennis on TV in 2007!

Not to forget that it is always great to see Srdjan and Faker's horrible cartoon family in the stands. :)

out_here_grindin
09-07-2008, 07:18 PM
what's worse tha him is his parents. But Nadal has his own things that annoy people. He may not be mean but Nadal's little quirks are more annoying to me than what Djokovic does.

09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
as we can see, some of the fans that hate novak are pretty much like him. and they cant stand it.

Im sorry guys, u like to say what is on ur mind, but also novak likes to say what is on his mind. The only problem is that there are publicists/media who cant wait to exaggerate some things...u have seen how many of players are tired like hell while doing those borring after match press conferences and its not strange to see them bullshiting. Novak at least speaks out on those conferences, while we can see many borring players answering with only yes/no just to finish it as soon as possible.

About faking - get over it, u just cant stand him winning and u always look for excuse (he is faking - so he wins). He plays better whenever he asks for medical that is true.If he doesnt play better - he retires. U can look in two ways that: either he wants to focus, and he needs a break, and he wants to destract his opponent, so he asks for medical. Or he has a pain and a doctor removes it and he starts playing better. If nothing can help him - he retires. U wish to believe in first point of view, cause u r negative and just wannt to hate someone so ur life can have some sense. What novak does is his problem.

I have read something - some ppl, when they see a glass of water, say that it is half empty, and some say that it is half full. (positive/negative) Its all up to u. I chose to belive that novak is a human, and when he needs help, he asks for it, cause there is no rule against it.

Faker or not - he is where he is.

Garson007
09-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I kind of feel bad for him. Here he is trying to be himself, fighting for a star's position and no matter what he does on court he can't seem to make any friends. I would not at all be surprised if he ever decided on early retirement.

tennis2tennis
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Fine, the guy has neither Federer's flair nor Nadal's charisma. And sometimes he acts like a bit of a prick.

But I feel he has taken too much stick recenlty. He is only 21 and will mature. And other than his antics, there is a lot to be said in his favor: a great fighter with bucketloads of guts, strenght of mind, and character. Someone who performs the better the bigger the stage, and who exploits mercilessly any weakness of his opponent. Someone who is not in awe ony because Federer or Nadal is on the other side of the net. And someone who won't be intimitaed because 20,000 are yelling against him.

Djokovic won't go away soon, and it's good like this. Tennis needs characters like him.

brilliant way to start a cut-him-some-slack thread :lol:

tennis2tennis
09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
if this thread stays here i'm posting debate challanging threads like...

Doesn't Roger have great hair?

Why red suits Roger!

Lets pick out Mirka's best handbag!

freeandlonely
09-07-2008, 08:13 PM
Be smarter while being yourself.
Be yourself while being smarter.
Novak:hug:
For me, he doesn't deserve THAT much bashing.

swebright
09-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Not to offend others with his antics is the only thing I don't like about Novak.

I don't like him playing-from-deathbed facial impressions. Do not abuse medical timeouts. Use them wisely (sometimes it's like he wants a message before every set).

platinum
09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Nole :awww:

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 06:04 PM
He was unfairly treated, for sure. He should have been beaten up.

rwn
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
He was unfairly treated, for sure. He should have been beaten up.
:haha:

Tom Paulman
09-08-2008, 06:14 PM
I don't get how all the people say what a fighter he is. This guy tends to give up and tank pretty often.

Bilbo
09-08-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't get how all the people say what a fighter he is. This guy tends to give up and tank pretty often.

reminds me of berdych

Fumus
09-08-2008, 06:45 PM
reminds me of berdych

or Canas. :)

finishingmove
09-08-2008, 06:47 PM
what he said is not wrong or offensive, but it was the wrong thing to say because he just beat roddick infront of 20 000 americans.

that pretty much sealed the deal.

on the other hand the hype about his injuries/timeouts was just reaching ridiculous levels. it was very gutsy of him to personally try and resolve the issue.

Or Levy
09-08-2008, 06:48 PM
I think his behavior took a turn for the worse around the USO 07.

I mean, faking aside - he always had THAT, I watched him playing against Roger in Dubai 07 on youtube. He just played his game, none of that self anger, drama on court, looking like the entire world is out to get him.

Somewhere, he took a wrong turn.

Kitty de Sade
09-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Cheering and disrupting players in between serves really sucks- that part I hate.

Djokovic is a character, but he brought the hammer down on himself in NY. His comments after the Roddick match made some of the spectators angry.

If he was bent out of shape by Roddick's words, then he has a right to voice his opinion. It was not a good call to voice his displeasure on court, after he won the match. You put out that kind of energy, people will hang you for it. :shrug:

Grofica
09-08-2008, 07:04 PM
I really love Novak the way he is right now....(maybe few too many medical timeouts).... but he is straightforward, funny and honest guy, cute to that and very friendly.....there is a lot of people that don't think way I do and that is ok. everyone is entitled to have or don't have oppinion of something.

However, much as I like Novak's behavior I sincerly believe he should change his public image and should adopt Federer's and Nadal's tactis...smile, answer questions with yes or no, no metter did he win or lose prais your opponent...and all diplomatic catches that Federer and Nadal practise. I think he needs to do that for his own sake and yes, tennis will be boring yet again, but at least Novak won't get all pressure he is getting right now from media and fans...his true fans will understand that it has to be done and that now isn't time to fight windmills :)

FNT
09-08-2008, 07:05 PM
No, he was asking for it.
Andy was joking, and it seemed like Novak can't really take a joke. So much for being fun and outgoing.

RustyFun
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
I have to agree with Gustavo on this one.

Tommy_Vercetti
09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
It's not the faking, it's the lying. Everyone knows that he calls injury bs when the match isn't going his way. It's his right to call an injury and break the momentum of his opponent. For him to come out and attack someone else for pointing that out was just straight up dumb.

It's kind of like with Gonzalez in Beijing. It's not his job to call points on himself, but lying about it is another thing. They deserve any "abuse" they get.

vucina
09-08-2008, 07:20 PM
Does someone even count his injury time outs? He certainly doesn't take more than most of the players, at least this season, medias just notice them more. It's like he's not allowed to take a single one ever again.

«Ivan»
09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
Be smarter while being yourself.
Be yourself while being smarter.
Novak:hug:
For me, he doesn't deserve THAT much bashing.

can agree with you.

dusk
09-08-2008, 07:23 PM
No, he was asking for it.
Andy was joking, and it seemed like Novak can't really take a joke. So much for being fun and outgoing.

Andy wasn't joking, he was being a smartass.

BalkanBoy
09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Yes he was but it doesn't matter... in the long term this incident will be positive for him and the sport ;)

groundstroke
09-08-2008, 07:37 PM
Nadal has no charisma.

l_mac
09-08-2008, 07:59 PM

No.

l_mac
09-08-2008, 08:01 PM
I really love Novak the way he is right now....(maybe few too many medical timeouts).... but he is straightforward, funny and honest guy, cute to that and very friendly.....there is a lot of people that don't think way I do and that is ok. everyone is entitled to have or don't have oppinion of something.

However, much as I like Novak's behavior I sincerly believe he should change his public image and should adopt Federer's and Nadal's tactis...smile, answer questions with yes or no, no metter did he win or lose prais your opponent...and all diplomatic catches that Federer and Nadal practise. I think he needs to do that for his own sake and yes, tennis will be boring yet again, but at least Novak won't get all pressure he is getting right now from media and fans...his true fans will understand that it has to be done and that now isn't time to fight windmills :)
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Nadal has no charisma.

:confused:

Lucilla
09-08-2008, 08:08 PM
It's not the faking, it's the lying. Everyone knows that he calls injury bs when the match isn't going his way. It's his right to call an injury and break the momentum of his opponent. For him to come out and attack someone else for pointing that out was just straight up dumb.

It's kind of like with Gonzalez in Beijing. It's not his job to call points on himself, but lying about it is another thing. They deserve any "abuse" they get.

I totally agree. :yeah:

And my answer is no.

Merton
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
No. That was another edition of simple answers to simple questions.

Manon
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Sure is. Pure guy :hug:

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I have to agree with Gustavo on this one.

You mean me?

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Nadal has no charisma.

Exactly.

~Maya~
09-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I will just say that there are far worse things that some players said/did on the court that did not really raise anybody's eyebrow. Faking accusations are getting ridiculous. Why didn't he fake in Wimbledon? Or in the match with Murray? Or many others. They should have medical timeouts tracked. They should be in the statistics. Then player like Robredo would not race to accuse his opponent.

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Faker is called Faker for a reason. He fakes.

SwiSha
09-08-2008, 10:20 PM
i take Noles stunts over Radeks antics any day

juja_06
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
How was he treated unfairly? What goes around comes around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
i take Noles stunts over Radeks antics any day

Yeah, because Radek is a faker and a cheater. :yeah: :rolleyes:

Tom Paulman
09-08-2008, 10:35 PM
reminds me of berdych

True, but I haven't seen anyone calling Berdych a fighter.

SwiSha
09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Yeah, because Radek is a faker and a cheater. :yeah: :rolleyes:

please someone who takes medical TOs for strategies just like 50 % of the people on the circuit compared to a czech prick ... no brainer

jpatatsos
09-08-2008, 10:36 PM
nole didnt cop anything compared to baghdatis in 06 us open vs agassi

Snoo Foo
09-08-2008, 10:46 PM
Who treated him unfairly?

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 10:52 PM
please someone who takes medical TOs for strategies just like 50 % of the people on the circuit compared to a czech prick ... no brainer

Medical TOs for injuries that don't exist = CHEATING = LACK OF CHARACTER.

The only player who can be compared to Faker in this department is called Tommy Boredo.

miura
09-08-2008, 10:53 PM

The quick answer?

No.

SwiSha
09-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Medical TOs for injuries that don't exist = CHEATING = LACK OF CHARACTER.

The only player who can be compared to Faker in this department is called Tommy Boredo.

u dont have to explain to me why u dont like Nole, i said i take him any day over a prick like Stepanek

i think someone who has been around at mtf for a week already gets it , you dont like Nadal because he is the reason that Mirnyi loses his serve 9 times to Kunitsyn in one match and Nole is a disgrace and a cheater yada yada yada

too much hate in your blood mate

goldenlox
09-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Unfairly? You mean boos from drunken clowns who call themselves J-block or Querrey's faireys?
Who gives a shit if they boo.

GlennMirnyi
09-08-2008, 11:41 PM
u dont have to explain to me why u dont like Nole, i said i take him any day over a prick like Stepanek

i think someone who has been around at mtf for a week already gets it , you dont like Nadal because he is the reason that Mirnyi loses his serve 9 times to Kunitsyn in one match and Nole is a disgrace and a cheater yada yada yada

too much hate in your blood mate

Nadull is the symbol of an era of moonballers without any talent that were helped by the ATP to be able to win tournaments.

I'm just someone who cares for the sport.

mariyella80
09-08-2008, 11:51 PM
I agree!
The fact that people either LOVE him or HATE him says enough.
I'm bored to death with Fed's puritanism and hypocrisy.
Rafa is charismatic on the court but pretty dull off court.
Bring it on!

Nole is a great guy with the FANS:p(witnessed it last year and this year at the US OPEN), BUT there's something going on in the lockeroom that he has helped blossom with his behaviour....he needs to adjust that....whether its plainly irritating players with his timeouts or whatever he's doing behind closed doors....Federer isn't PURE:rolleyes:, off the court with fans; I have observed him 3yrs @ the US OPEN and I conclude he's a SNOB and his GF is rude this is EVEN reinforced by my friend in ROME who has dealt with them as clients and claims the same @ the RUDENESS....although as a player I AM HAPPY for him to win....NADAL is a DARLING to say the least HE isnt DULL......he's charming, GREAT with the fans:banana: (kinda shy, like he hasnt come to terms with the FACT that folks are CRAZZZZZE @ HIM!!!:eek:).....and if happen to be lucky to actually get a word in with him he SMILES in recognition, something I HAVENT SEEN FEDERER DO .....

p.s: verdasco:smooch: is the best!!!

dylan24
09-08-2008, 11:55 PM
novak deserved everything the NY crowd said/did to him.
it was unfortunate that i was not there this year.
i'd have loved to heckle/boo him

mariyella80
09-08-2008, 11:59 PM
:haha:if this thread stays here i'm posting debate challanging threads like...

Doesn't Roger have great hair?

Why red suits Roger!

Lets pick out Mirka's best handbag!
:haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha:

:haha: :haha: :haha:

:haha:

Dirk
09-09-2008, 12:03 AM
Andy wasn't joking, he was being a smartass.

If Novak wouldn't do his faking timeout crap for a year then players wouldn't talk about it so much but this year he did it with tommy in the qrts and he retired from MC against the "old dead king" Federer because of a injury time out.

teleri
09-09-2008, 12:03 AM
His parents:tape:

Laba
09-09-2008, 12:14 AM
He can't carry on the way he does and not expect backlash. He showed balls to take on the crowd in that on-court interview but much more stupidity as it could have gone down better for him if he waited to make a comment in his presser where he wouldn't have thousands and thousands of Americans giving him stick.

I thought, based on how he played at the Australian Open this year, that he played better as the "villain" on court, thus thriving off the negativity projected towards him. But uh, yeah... it was a different story versus Fed in the Semis here as he was really affected by it and at one point looked to be on the verge of tears.

The way I see it, the crowd was disrespectful and junk not at him specifically, but throughout the tournament they were kinda crazy. Fact is, I agree with A-Rod's statement about if Novak can do all his impersonations and strut around in his cocky manner... he should be able to handle a few comments back.

He is still early in his career, but it ain't a good sign when you need your father to desperately try and garner you fan support by standing up and flapping his arms around after you win a set. :p

Forehander
09-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Despite how much I dislike DJokovic and his players box, yes I must agree with you. He's got one hell of a scary game. Super tricky serve, plays tie-break second to none, gutsy, plays superb on big stages, crazy defense and can whack the ball side to side no matter how the opponent returns the ball. The only player I have actually seen to actually "beat him" this year (not including on clay against Nadal) was Andy Murray in cincinnati finals where I believe was a bad match-up. All the other losses he only had himself to blame and it includes this US Open against Federer. It's obvious now Fed himself have a great load of respect for Djokovic's game too. Compliments his shots once in a while during a game. He even once said he might become his successor in an interview. Dunno how much he will mature with his annoying parents always around, but it is quite frightening to know he still have much room to improve in his game of tennis.

Huge weakness though is the sensitivity to how other people think about him. Tries way too hard to attract attention. If he can somehow start to mature and change the way he is and actually get along better with the crowd and stuff he will be quite something. Mental consistency is still something he lacks, therefore failing to defend some of his titles and results this year.

vucina
09-09-2008, 12:21 AM
He can't carry on the way he does and not expect backlash. He showed balls to take on the crowd in that on-court interview but much more stupidity as it could have gone down better for him if he waited to make a comment in his presser where he wouldn't have thousands and thousands of Americans giving him stick.

I thought, based on how he played at the Australian Open this year, that he played better as the "villain" on court, thus thriving off the negativity projected towards him. But uh, yeah... it was a different story versus Fed in the Semis here as he was really affected by it and at one point looked to be on the verge of tears.

The way I see it, the crowd was disrespectful and junk not at him specifically, but throughout the tournament they were kinda crazy. Fact is, I agree with A-Rod's statement about if Novak can do all his impersonations and strut around in his cocky manner... he should be able to handle a few comments back.

He is still early in his career, but it ain't a good sign when you need your father to desperately try and garner you fan support by standing up and flapping his arms around after you win a set. :p

Yeah, I watched that again, and I can assure you, he wasn't trying to garner support. I read it from his lips.

Laba
09-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Ah fair enough, I didn't analyze the footage so cheers for clearing that up. I'll assuming he was supporting Novak while cursing the rest then. :p

Forehander
09-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Nadull is the symbol of an era of moonballers without any talent that were helped by the ATP to be able to win tournaments.

I'm just someone who cares for the sport.

Actually Glenn I reckon Nadal is the symbol of an era where the other players will become better and better at smashing moonballs. Nadal's style in general shouldn't be imitated if you ain't a left hander and being ambidextrous. To counter it though you need to be able to bash moonballs and come to the net with high accuracy :)

Fedex
09-09-2008, 12:25 AM
He got what he deserved as far as I'm concerned.

Guga_fan
09-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Despite how much I dislike DJokovic and his players box, yes I must agree with you. He's got one hell of a scary game. Super tricky serve, plays tie-break second to none, gutsy, plays superb on big stages, crazy defense and can whack the ball side to side no matter how the opponent returns the ball. The only player I have actually seen to actually "beat him" this year (not including on clay against Nadal) was Andy Murray in cincinnati finals where I believe was a bad match-up. All the other losses he only had himself to blame and it includes this US Open against Federer. It's obvious now Fed himself have a great load of respect for Djokovic's game too. Compliments his shots once in a while during a game. He even once said he might become his successor in an interview. Dunno how much he will mature with his annoying parents always around, but it is quite frightening to know he still have much room to improve in his game of tennis.

Huge weakness though is the sensitivity to how other people think about him. Tries way too hard to attract attention. If he can somehow start to mature and change the way he is and actually get along better with the crowd and stuff he will be quite something. Mental consistency is still something he lacks, therefore failing to defend some of his titles and results this year.
In Cincy's Final Djoko played like dead and tried really hard to make a lot of UEs. If it were a bad match-up Djokovic would not have won against him 4 straight times, Djokovic is not playing like he did since Queens Final. A good example of a match that he was outplayed while playing well this year was his match against Rafa in Hamburg.

Forehander
09-09-2008, 12:28 AM
[/B]

Yeah, I watched that again, and I can assure you, he wasn't trying to garner support. I read it from his lips.

lol he must have been going "**** yous all!!!!" :shout:

vucina
09-09-2008, 12:32 AM
lol he must have been going "**** yous all!!!!" :shout:

You all can consider yourself at war with Srdjan from now on. :lol:

Action Jackson
09-09-2008, 12:35 AM
No, Nei, Ne

Forehander
09-09-2008, 12:36 AM
In Cincy's Final Djoko played like dead and tried really hard to make a lot of UEs. If it were a bad match-up Djokovic would not have won against him 4 straight times, Djokovic is not playing like he did since Queens Final. A good example of a match that he was outplayed while playing well this year was his match against Rafa in Hamburg.

I said not including clay... Anyway what you said is true, but I still felt the errors he made during the cincy final was the consequence of Murray's smart game at that time. He didn't allow Djokovic to play his game at all, which was pretty darn impressive. Murray also placed in a whole lot of physical strength too so it's hard to compare him with previous years. Another evidence is where he defeated Nadal quite convincingly this time US open semifinal. But time will tell as these players gets better and better. Murray to me right now is still inexperienced and seems very injury prone with his strokes and defensive style. Fakervic still have the edge for sure.

Guga_fan
09-09-2008, 12:54 AM
I said not including clay... Anyway what you said is true, but I still felt the errors he made during the cincy final was the consequence of Murray's smart game at that time. He didn't allow Djokovic to play his game at all, which was pretty darn impressive. Murray also placed in a whole lot of physical strength too so it's hard to compare him with previous years. Another evidence is where he defeated Nadal quite convincingly this time US open semifinal. But time will tell as these players gets better and better. Murray to me right now is still inexperienced and seems very injury prone with his strokes and defensive style. Fakervic still have the edge for sure.
I think something have changed since that Queens Final, even though Murray played well, last year's Djokovic would never have lost to him, he lost 3/3 tiebreaks against Murray this year and is getting really nervous when it comes to them (like this year's USO quarter against Roddick) and he was the best tiebreak player last year. If he doesn't start playing like he did soon, he will no longer be a part of the Top 3 that won almost every major.

Fedex
09-09-2008, 12:58 AM

So Federer didn't beat Djokovic? That's a laugh. Federer clearly outplayed him for two sets and he won a tight third set.

You're a Djoke. ;)

wilmar
09-09-2008, 01:15 AM
For someone who's pride/ego is as high as Mount Everest to apologise, Novak must also have realised he's not been unfairly treated in NY.
If not, it will be just an insincere damage-control apology.

vucina
09-09-2008, 01:24 AM
For someone who's pride/ego is as high as Mount Everest to apologise, Novak must also have realised he's not been unfairly treated in NY.
If not, then it will be just an insincere damage-control apology.

When did he apologise? He said he didn't say anything wrong.

Q. The crowd was certainly in Roger's favor today. In retrospect, do you regret saying the things you did the other night?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I think they were pretty fair. I think they were pretty fair. It was obvious that they are on his side because he's ex No. 1 and still the second best player in the world and he's defending champ here four times and people love him. He deserves that support.

Q. They were even cheering when you had unforced errors. There were times they were cheering in the middle of your serve. Did that rattle you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not so much.

Kuhne
09-09-2008, 01:33 AM
Novak, who is that? oh that guy that used to be good

wilmar
09-09-2008, 01:39 AM

Q. The crowd was certainly in Roger's favor today. In retrospect, do you regret saying the things you did the other night?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No, I think they were pretty fair. I think they were pretty fair. It was obvious that they are on his side because he's ex No. 1 and still the second best player in the world and he's defending champ here four times and people love him. He deserves that support.

Q. They were even cheering when you had unforced errors. There were times they were cheering in the middle of your serve. Did that rattle you?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Not so much.

Q. Andy, I mean, based on the comments on the court, Andy clearly upset you, angered you with some of the comments that became public. Was that a factor? How much were you angered by those comments?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Now, look, I had a very, very tough day yesterday. Physically I was feeling very exhausted and very empty.

I wasn't able to practice. One of the reasons was physically that, you know, I was exhausted and the other reason was that I just mentally had a lot of pressure.

Unfortunately, Andy made a statement ‑‑ I don't think it was intentional, okay. He made a joke and it was a misunderstanding, so I don't blame it on him. Okay. I did react on the court. Maybe I reacted. Maybe I exaggerated and reacted bad in that moment. No, I apologize if I reacted like that. But this was just impulsive, you know.

Nuff said...

dam0dred
09-09-2008, 01:52 AM
No. It's about bloody time the mainstream media started calling him out for his behaviour. He deserved every boo and whistle and hopefully this will make him think twice before he retires with a sore throat or starts limping around the court or grabbing painfully at his chest, etc etc.

Henry Kaspar
09-09-2008, 02:10 AM
Q. Andy, I mean, based on the comments on the court, Andy clearly upset you, angered you with some of the comments that became public. Was that a factor? How much were you angered by those comments?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Now, look, I had a very, very tough day yesterday. Physically I was feeling very exhausted and very empty.

I wasn't able to practice. One of the reasons was physically that, you know, I was exhausted and the other reason was that I just mentally had a lot of pressure.

Unfortunately, Andy made a statement ‑‑ I don't think it was intentional, okay. He made a joke and it was a misunderstanding, so I don't blame it on him. Okay. I did react on the court. Maybe I reacted. Maybe I exaggerated and reacted bad in that moment. No, I apologize if I reacted like that. But this was just impulsive, you know.

Nuff said...

Novak has class.

Henry Kaspar
09-09-2008, 01:53 PM
I predict Novak will develop similarly to Jimmy Connors. First the player people love to hate, then the player people hate to love, finally the player love to love. He has the competitive fire, sense of humor and intelligence to travel along this road as he ages and matures.

Manon
09-09-2008, 02:15 PM

Well, he did. To be honest he did. You could see on Eurosport a few times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j1yo_3ra8w - 51 second!

Lucilla
09-09-2008, 02:22 PM
well, imo he deserved that ...but maybe this will change him now, at least I hope so for his own sake :)

JolánGagó
09-09-2008, 02:31 PM
No. He was treated very fairly, got what he deserved and was asking for.

GlennMirnyi
09-09-2008, 02:34 PM
Again, it was very unfair. They should have pulled a Chilean - throwing chairs at him.

rocketassist
09-09-2008, 03:39 PM
Chile v Serbia in DC, bring it on, or even the hostile Argies :lol:

~*BGT*~
09-09-2008, 04:16 PM
No, Nei, Ne

You forgot non. :)

Novak, who is that? oh that guy that used to be good

Saturn66
09-09-2008, 04:53 PM
No. The faker got what he deserved!

dusk
09-09-2008, 05:43 PM
No. It's about bloody time the mainstream media started calling him out for his behaviour. He deserved every boo and whistle and hopefully this will make him think twice before he retires with a sore throat or starts limping around the court or grabbing painfully at his chest, etc etc.

Your double standards amaze me.
You have Justine "no mas" Henin in your signature (with a gloomy face cause she's retired) yet you bash Djokovic.
That woman was a complete disgrace when it comes to sportsmanship.
What she did to Serena in RG final, retirement in the Fed Cup final against Italy two years ago, and the most pathetic excuse at the AO 06 final against Mauresmo. I won't even mention minor incidents.
If something like that ever happened in Men's tennis nowdays, the guy probably wouldn't want the face the tour ever again.

Matt01
09-09-2008, 06:35 PM
You have Justine "no mas" Henin in your signature (with a gloomy face cause she's retired) yet you bash Djokovic.
What she did to Serena in RG final, retirement in the Fed Cup final against Italy two years ago, and the most pathetic excuse at the AO 06 final against Mauresmo. I won't even mention minor incidents.

:retard:

LleytonMonfils
09-09-2008, 06:55 PM
he is a punk and his parents are a joke

luie
09-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Yes he was treated very badly in NYC. It was criminal what federer did to him in that match.

MaryX
09-10-2008, 01:26 AM
Novak made some bad and instant decisions, looked right at the time from his point of view and I understand.If he wanted to embrace completally the bad boy role , he should of prepared himslef better.This break could serve him for that.

Lillith
09-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Did you see the on court interview after the Roddick match? If not, you need to find it on youtube. He was an ass- and he'd just WON! I don't think I've ever seen such a hard, bitter interview, especially from the victor. The crowd was actually better than I expected in his match with Federer, all things considered.

Djokovic is not that bad, he's certainly no Nasty or even Connors or Mac. But he does need to grow up a bit, and possibly get away from his parents' influence for a while. Just like parents spoiling a child, his fans and the media also do him no good in justifying or glorifying such antics.

Lillith
09-10-2008, 01:49 AM
what he said is not wrong or offensive, but it was the wrong thing to say because he just beat roddick infront of 20 000 americans.

that pretty much sealed the deal.

on the other hand the hype about his injuries/timeouts was just reaching ridiculous levels. it was very gutsy of him to personally try and resolve the issue.

I would also say that the WAY he said things mattered more than what he actually said.

fast_clay
09-10-2008, 02:23 AM
Yes he was treated very badly in NYC. It was criminal what federer did to him in that match.

he was also unfairly treated by roddicks backhand in the 3rd and 4th sets... which is downright f***ing tragic...

gillian
09-10-2008, 03:29 AM

I really didn't have much problem with Novak's behavior. Yes, he was bratty, but, so was Roddick, frankly. No one is raking him over the coals. And I thought it was a sign of maturity that he eventually apologized.

martinatreue
09-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Well FEDERER is my favorite by far but I like Djoko too. I think people were too hard on him for sure. Also, Roddick was being very passive-aggressive IMO

Saturn66
09-10-2008, 05:13 PM
No.

Lleyton_
09-10-2008, 09:59 PM
If something like that ever happened in Men's tennis nowdays, the guy probably wouldn't want the face the tour ever again.

So true.

danton
09-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Yawn! Just when I thoght Nole was begining to show sportsmanship (while he was playing well
) and make up for his previous bad behaviour he does it all again.

He can be a good sport when he's winning but he has shown when he is struggling he has no class whatsoever!

Neely
09-10-2008, 10:36 PM
I didn't get every bit between Roddick and Djokovic, but I found it quite brave of Djokovic to confront the crowd the way he did "ah see, I have beaten Roddick, I don't have that many injuries like he said". Of course he can't expect that this gains him a lot of sympathies in front of this crowd. If Roddick hit out against a Serbian crowd, I fear this could get relatively rough too :lol:

And even though Roddick said it in jest and clearly exaggerated "back and hip? a cramp? bird flu, anthrax, SARS, common cough and cold?” :haha: you often don't say such things if you wouldn't think there would be a bit of truth in it.

The Pro
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Fakervic is obsessed with the crowds attitude towards him, like his 'you wanted the other guy to win but i still love you' crap at the AO 2008.

LAME. He needs to get over himself. Lord knows we have.

XXX13
01-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Um, everybody hav different personality each other. The m0st imp0rtant thing for us tennis freak is a good show on couRt. The rest, just a boNus.

chammer44
01-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Nadal grunts and the masses coo about how nice he is - yet no one can figure out what the fuck he is saying(in English). I have a better rapport with my house cat.

Federer is the most tedious flaterer since the Demagogues of Greece. He's always on cue hitting the right notes as directed no doubt by some secret focus group pow wow.(Look at his post match interview at Abu dhabi for a good example) This twit's unabashed manipulation of the crowd is laughable. But the hungry mob just laps it up.

Djoker is just raw. He is what he is. A tad too sensitive to slights, perhaps. But at least he does not tax our comprehension(Nadal) nor insult our intelligence with false compliments(federer).

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM

I totally agree with you, well said. I think Novak is great for the game and the way he was treated in New York was ridiculous. But i guess that wat you's expect i mean Roddick is New York favorite son over there and the New Yorkers are very passionate. I think a little too passionate to be honest, i think they need to chill a bit and realize that Novak is in another class then Roddick and give him the respect that he deserves. But New Yorkers in general have a shitty attitude, he shouldnt worry what they think and keep shutting them up with his performances.

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 12:04 AM
Nadal grunts and the masses coo about how nice he is - yet no one can figure out what the fuck he is saying(in English). I have a better rapport with my house cat.

Federer is the most tedious flaterer since the Demagogues of Greece. He's always on cue hitting the right notes as directed no doubt by some secret focus group pow wow.(Look at his post match interview at Abu dhabi for a good example) This twit's unabashed manipulation of the crowd is laughable. But the hungry mob just laps it up.

Djoker is just raw. He is what he is. A tad too sensitive to slights, perhaps. But at least he does not tax our comprehension(Nadal) nor insult our intelligence with false compliments(federer).

I dont agree with you here Rafa and Roger have bigger aura's then Novak, Nole is good for the game. But not as good as the GOAT and GOAT on clay.

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 12:10 AM
Well you have to also wonder why Roddick made the comments he did. Anyway maybe not that smart. I mean the Djoker got him good in the end, and that served him right. Roddick is too cocky for a guy with zero talent :lol:

I think the NY crowd was more pissed about the way Nole toyed with Roddick on court then anything else. I think NY is just really bad losers in the end.

Baghdatis#1
01-04-2009, 12:49 AM
He was. I was at that match. Poor Nole:sad:

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 02:57 AM
Um, everybody hav different personality each other. The m0st imp0rtant thing for us tennis freak is a good show on couRt. The rest, just a boNus.

Broken Caps Lock? :p

Why the hell was this thread resurrected today? :shrug:
Matter's been dealt with, move on folks. New tennis season starts off tomorrow. :cool:

l_mac
01-04-2009, 02:58 AM
Broken Caps Lock? :p

Why the hell was this thread resurrected today? :shrug:
Matter's been dealt with, move on folks. New tennis season starts off tomorrow. :cool:

It's already started, Karin. First main draw match of 2009 is underway. :woohoo:

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 02:59 AM
It's already started, Karin. First main draw match of 2009 is underway. :woohoo:

I know. :angel:
Still have to wait to see my favs on court for a few days, no? ;)

l_mac
01-04-2009, 03:01 AM
I know. :angel:
Still have to wait to see my favs on court for a few days, no? ;)

Surely you just saw them in the Tennis World Championship? :confused:

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 03:07 AM
Surely you just saw them in the Tennis World Championship? :confused:

You mean the Abu Dhabi Cash Cow Invitational (credit for that name goes to Mikey :worship:)?

Yeah I saw that. :tape: :lol:

LleytonMonfils
01-04-2009, 03:59 AM
djokovic sort of called out the fans, and egged them on in a way, a taunt if you will. ask anyone, you don't do that after you've beaten "hometown hero" of any nation, country whatever. the way he was treated wasn't wrong, that's sports. don't dish if you can't take.

~*BGT*~
01-04-2009, 04:09 AM
Well you have to also wonder why Roddick made the comments he did. Anyway maybe not that smart. I mean the Djoker got him good in the end, and that served him right. Roddick is too cocky for a guy with zero talent :lol:

I think the NY crowd was more pissed about the way Nole toyed with Roddick on court then anything else. I think NY is just really bad losers in the end.

Do you ever read any of Andy's press conferences? He's always trying to make jokes and get people laughing in there. He was obviously joking, especially since they are friends and practice together a lot. And yes, the Djoke got what he deserved. If anyone was a cocky bastard, it was him.

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 04:22 AM
Do you ever read any of Andy's press conferences? He's always trying to make jokes and get people laughing in there. He was obviously joking, especially since they are friends and practice together a lot. And yes, the Djoke got what he deserved. If anyone was a cocky bastard, it was him.

I fully admit that Andy Roddick is indeed a very smart fellow who very well manages to get his jokes across. Heck - I even ENJOY his jokes - a lot!

Djoko... I'm not a fan of his, but I do happen to think it's time to cut the fellow a bit of slack. He's still very young and obviously trying to find a proper attitude to 'appeal to the major public', if that is the appropriate way of putting it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - he'll be forced to learn about it, and I hope/think/trust that he will. ;)

This incident has been dealt with by now. No need to keep on rehashing it, me thinks... ;)

XXX13
01-04-2009, 04:40 AM
:) when u OL with ur mini opera from ur hndphone (im even not sure my quote is work), its easier to change o with zero (0), mostly if that o come after m or n. And when u need r after s, u just click # (caps lock mode) on ur hp to make ur finger work faster. Just try. Im sorry if ive been annoying:p. Uh cant wait new season.

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 04:44 AM
^^ what language is THAT? :help:

XXX13
01-04-2009, 05:13 AM
You talking about me? That the reason im not join this mtf since 3 years ago. I have my own languange :D so my english extremely bad. But by now, you must live with it:p

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 08:37 AM

Ok fair enough, Andy and Nole could have dealt with it between themselves then and i think they did anyway. Nole said in the press conference afterwards that there is no hard feelings. The thing is NY has a bad attitude and they are bad losers, nothing will ever change that. And if anyone can afford to be cocky its Nole, not Andy. He's just in another class then Roddy.

fast_clay
01-04-2009, 09:21 AM
I fully admit that Andy Roddick is indeed a very smart fellow who very well manages to get his jokes across. Heck - I even ENJOY his jokes - a lot!

Djoko... I'm not a fan of his, but I do happen to think it's time to cut the fellow a bit of slack. He's still very young and obviously trying to find a proper attitude to 'appeal to the major public', if that is the appropriate way of putting it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't - he'll be forced to learn about it, and I hope/think/trust that he will. ;)

This incident has been dealt with by now. No need to keep on rehashing it, me thinks... ;)

i on the other hand, feel that this issue deserves a thorough rehash...

«Ivan»
01-04-2009, 01:27 PM

for you!
i like him as some kind of :drool: but roddick smart fellow?one more brain convolution than average cock-that's roddick.
http://i40.tinypic.com/dfiqg1.jpg

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 01:45 PM
for you!
i like him as some kind of :drool: but roddick smart fellow?one more brain convolution than average cock-that's roddick.

Hence the 'dick in his last name right?! :devil:

Forehander
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
The question now is, will Novak get unfairly treated in Melbourne?

reggie1
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM
The question now is, will Novak get unfairly treated in Melbourne?

Do the Aussies like him?

MaryX
01-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Do the Aussies like him?

No.

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 02:32 PM
No.

Why not?

Forehander
01-04-2009, 03:29 PM
Why not?

First he knocked out the favourite of AO Jo Wilfred Tsonga and tried too hard to win the crowd while continue on doing his post-match speeches/ stupid chest pumping/Pray to God/Intense deep breathing/elongated ball bouncing for no apparent reason. Second his ridiculous players box. Third his 2007 US Open for being a huge sore loser. Of course before that he was already well known for his fake injuries but the US Open just confirms it. People who attend Australian Open aren't the same as the ones who attend US Open, they are well informed of what's going on with the tennis world. But Aussies are nice, he'd have to do something real bad again to totally lose this crowd.

reggie1
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
First he knocked out the favourite of AO Jo Wilfred Tsonga and tried too hard to win the crowd while continue on doing his post-match speeches/ stupid chest pumping/Pray to God/Intense deep breathing/elongated ball bouncing for no apparent reason. Second his ridiculous players box. Third his 2007 US Open for being a huge sore loser. Of course before that he was already well known for his fake injuries but the US Open just confirms it. People who attend Australian Open aren't the same as the ones who attend US Open, they are well informed of what's going on with the tennis world. But Aussies are nice, he'd have to do something real bad again to totally lose this crowd.

I just want him to keep his shirt ON! :confused:

Vida
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM

you forgot that he dumped fed in 3 sets and said "Im proud of it".

and yeah, some insane old woman said afterward "the kind is dead"!

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 05:21 PM
for you!

:haha::haha::haha: - thanks mate. :worship:

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 05:43 PM
you forgot that he dumped fed in 3 sets and said "Im proud of it".

and yeah, some insane old woman said afterward "the kind is dead"!

Yeah one thing that really got my attention was when Nole said that Roger is not was he was before just before the '08 AO. I mean it is kinda cocky but you have to give him credit for backing it up by beating the Genius in straights. Nole know he's good and therefor is a bit cocky at times, but he is also still young and most tennisplayers are cocky anyway lol. So yeah i hated what he said about the King but not as much as what that dumb old lady did. The arrogence and ignoranceof some people...:eek:

Sunset of Age
01-04-2009, 05:46 PM
^^ Yeah, I don't really mind Djoko's bouts of cockiness (much less lately, btw :yeah:), but I DO mind his Rabid Family. Brrr...

Vida
01-04-2009, 06:20 PM
Yeah one thing that really got my attention was when Nole said that Roger is not was he was before just before the '08 AO. I mean it is kinda cocky but you have to give him credit for backing it up by beating the Genius in straights. Nole know he's good and therefor is a bit cocky at times, but he is also still young and most tennisplayers are cocky anyway lol. So yeah i hated what he said about the King but not as much as what that dumb old lady did. The arrogence and ignoranceof some people...:eek:

you probably missed my point...

the words of 'insane old woman' are not much more worth than those of an 'insane old woman'. Meaning there was waaaaay too much fuss, moan and drivel over those remarks than they deserve.

anyway, doesn't matter really. it was all good fun. mens tennis lacked some drama for my taste. too much kissing Rog's but, niceness and correctness.

probably for Djoker would be best if he could somehow dump the 'love me' attitude and embrace the bad boy image. that way he wouldn't care if some hater boos him from the stands and he wouldn't get into position to dis entire crowd over few boos. maybe its just a maturity thing and a matter of time. any way, I appreciate his honesty.

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 06:28 PM
mens tennis lacked some drama for my taste. too much kissing Rog's but, niceness and correctness.

Tennis doesn't need pricks to add "drama" if you like pricks then stick to football... Tennis is not for you.

Vida
01-04-2009, 06:44 PM
Tennis doesn't need pricks to add "drama" if you like pricks then stick to football... Tennis is not for you.

naturally, you meant 'soccer'...

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 06:56 PM
naturally, you meant 'soccer'...

You're a European according to your flag, soccer is called football over here :o :p

zeleni
01-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Roger is a former football player and a football fan...

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 06:59 PM
you probably missed my point...

the words of 'insane old woman' are not much more worth than those of an 'insane old woman'. Meaning there was waaaaay too much fuss, moan and drivel over those remarks than they deserve.

anyway, doesn't matter really. it was all good fun. mens tennis lacked some drama for my taste. too much kissing Rog's but, niceness and correctness.

probably for Djoker would be best if he could somehow dump the 'love me' attitude and embrace the bad boy image. that way he wouldn't care if some hater boos him from the stands and he wouldn't get into position to dis entire crowd over few boos. maybe its just a maturity thing and a matter of time. any way, I appreciate his honesty.

I dont care whether that woman had alzheimers lol, it was in the news and that is enough to annoy me. Saying in the media that the king is dead is just dumb, just because he missed out on one slam.

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 07:02 PM
Roger is a former football player and a football fan...

Huh, what's your point? :scratch:

zeleni
01-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Huh, what's your point? :scratch:

;)

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 07:07 PM
;)

Fed doesn't behave like a prick because he knows tennis is not football :shrug: even though he likes football... What's wrong with that? Because you like football then you have to trash talk and be a prick?

zeleni
01-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Fed doesn't behave like a prick because he knows tennis is not football :shrug: even though he likes football... What's wrong with that? Because you like football then you have to trash talk and be a prick?
I don't know... It was you who said that football fans are pricks.:)
Now you can't erase your post because I quoted it.:p

But if you say "Please", maybe I could delete mine.:D

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 07:16 PM
wasn't talking about fans but players Zeleni... :o ;) Novak would be just fine as the bad guy in some football team... that would please the fans for sure... Tennis fans just don't need that :)

zeleni
01-04-2009, 07:20 PM
wasn't talking about fans but players Zeleni... :o ;) Novak would be just fine as the bad guy in some football team... that would please the fans for sure... Tennis fans just don't need that :)
You are right. Mea culpa.:o

But Roger was a football player as well.:o Football is his first love.:o :)

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 07:22 PM
But Roger was a football player as well.:o Football is his first love.:o :)

True that, but unlike Novak he's smart enough to know that tennis is not the same sport and embraced the accordingly behaviour... :o :p

ORGASMATRON
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
But Aussies are nice, he'd have to do something real bad again to totally lose this crowd.

I think NY would do well to be more like the Aussies and chill a little. Learn the game before they look to criticize.

alfonsojose
01-04-2009, 07:24 PM
:zzz: close this thing.

reggie1
01-04-2009, 07:26 PM
As a mother of a certain age, you really would have thought that Ma Djokovic would have thought of the impact that chanting "the kings is dead etc..." would have on her son. It was obviously going to enrage his haters, alienate people who were more or less in the middle but kind of liked/admired Rog and make his fans (the more level headed ones) think whatever is she on about! It really didn't help her boy at all and I would expect any Mother to show more sense.

~Maya~
01-04-2009, 07:45 PM
As a mother of a certain age, you really would have thought that Ma Djokovic would have thought of the impact that chanting "the kings is dead etc..." would have on her son. It was obviously going to enrage his haters, alienate people who were more or less in the middle but kind of liked/admired Rog and make his fans (the more level headed ones) think whatever is she on about! It really didn't help her boy at all and I would expect any Mother to show more sense.

Why are we constantly bringing this up? The people with some sense would not be blaming Djokovic for whatever his mother said. Besides, no mother likes somebody who trash talked her child.
The woman didn't say anything since. I think it is time to let go of this. I didn't like some things that Roger said, but my ego is not big enough to allow me to hang on to it for a long.
People are so quick to hate people due to a few words spoken. We all made mistakes.

bokehlicious
01-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Besides, no mother likes somebody who trash talked her child.

Beg your pardon? I guess you refer to that DC incident, if Novak knew how to behave in the first place Fed would never have "trash talked" him :)

Kitty de Sade
01-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Is there a viable reason why this thread was bumped? :shrug:

Lee
01-04-2009, 08:25 PM

Nope

BigJohn
01-04-2009, 08:39 PM

I do not think so, other than the facts that it brings back some good memories from the USO (that crowd reaction was priceless) and it kind of prepares Nolefans for more sad times coming: the loss of his AO title.