Why Women Always Get The First Night Session Match? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why Women Always Get The First Night Session Match?

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Jim Courier said it on TV and I agree with him. It's not equality for women to always get the first night match and let the guys play till 2 in the morning. And Venus doesn't want her match venue to be changed so they have to move Nadal Fish match. Venus is something. I think it should be split between the guys and girls. I mean Serena and Venus can finish their match in 3 hours whereas Nadal and Fish could potentially go for 5 hours. Which one would you want to have first.

Neely
09-03-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm going to argue in the words of some people here: WTA is only a sideshow of the ATP, therefore the real big act comes always at the end.

TheHawk
09-03-2008, 11:53 PM
"And Venus doesn't want her match venue to be changed".

But Nadal wants?

out_here_grindin
09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
You can't deny that men's matches are usually more entertaining.

Acer
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
So what exactly is going to happen now? Both on Ashe?

happy928
09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
simple:

cuz, they have tits. DUH!

you grow some tits and you to can play during night sessions. :)

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 11:57 PM
"And Venus doesn't want her match venue to be changed".

But Nadal wants?

Jim was saying that Nadal has to at this point because the William sisters are bigger stars. Jankovic agreed for her match to be changed to Armstrong last night but Venus never ever agrees to that. Even Federer bashed her once for saying that he would agree to play in other courts (I don't remember when this was). I just don't get it. It seems we won't be seeing Nadal's match in US which sucks

StevoTG
09-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Yeah Venus almost denied the Melbourne crowd a Baghdatis-Hewitt match which they obviously wanted to see above any other (Hewitt whether loved or loathed over there is still big news and Baggy's got a big follwing at the AO)...... ego eh?

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 12:02 AM
I am pissed. I wanted to see Nadal's match. Where can I see that now? I ain't into WTA matches man.

MacTheKnife
09-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Mens matches should be first, then I could go to bed. Which is what a lot of people would do, so it's not going to happen.

Black Adam
09-04-2008, 12:05 AM
Venus has got such an ego. Pathetic. Second time she pulls off the same stunt.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Venus has got such an ego. Pathetic. Second time she pulls off the same stunt.

Well. I wonder if it's possible for the tournament to just pay a million to the last 4 and give the title to all of them so we don't have to suffer through this debacle. Anyways, WHERE CAN I SEE NADAL's MATCH? Is there any place showing that? It's not gonna be USA Network. That's for sure.

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 12:15 AM
Simple: if WTA were the last event, nobody would stay to watch it. They'd just watch the ATP match and leave.

elessar
09-04-2008, 12:17 AM
Forget talked about that too, saying "The william's would never agree to that with their oversized ego" but that women's matches should be second for once. Obviously it'd make sense in cases like that but it'd never happen.

MacTheKnife
09-04-2008, 12:21 AM
USA is still saying they're showing the Nadal/Fish match after the William match.

Jogy
09-04-2008, 12:23 AM
stupid WTA girls

get off the screen, I want to see Nadal now

wilmar
09-04-2008, 12:24 AM
I can understand why tourny organisers want to put the women's match first. It's best of 3 so they want to get it out of the way.
What I don't understand is Venus' adamant stance. She's done it twice already. This surprises me as I thought Serena would be the bratty one. Well, I just hope we can get the Nadal stream!

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 12:25 AM
USA is still saying they're showing the Nadal/Fish match after the William match.

I think they said it depends how the match goes. If we get a 6-0 set, then they might wait. But if they go like 7-6 in the first set then Nadal Fish will move to Armstrong. Either way it's not fair to men to start play like 10 o'clock just because Venus doesn't want to play in a slightly smaller court. She and her sister are the two most arrogant people and why I am ashamed of the state of American tennis. I mean you get same prize money now, so why shouldn't you be treated eqaully as men???

Tommy_Vercetti
09-04-2008, 12:31 AM
They never get this shit right. Not nearly as bad as Wimbledon, but they need to just send the women to the outer courts, if not home.

wifey99999999
09-04-2008, 12:36 AM
She and her sister are the two most arrogant people and why I am ashamed of the state of American tennis. I mean you get same prize money now, so why shouldn't you be treated eqaully as men???

Same price of money for both men and women?? It wasn't like that when I started following tennis.

My argument for equal prize money is, if women are playing best of 3 and mens are playing best of 5, why should they get equal prize money?? They spend less amount of time working on the court, why should they get equal money??????? I would say they should get 60% of the money of men's prize. I mean, 3 out of 5 is 60%, no?

THis is nothing discriminated against women. If women play 5 sets, and men play 3, then I'd say men should get 60% of the prize of women.

TheHawk
09-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Wifey, that's an argument as old as planet earth. It is valid, of course, but we have to get over it. It was the likes of Hingis who kept on fighting for equal prize money and when she won that one, she played for 1-2 more years and then retired, only to come back a couple of years later because she most likely ran out of money.

TMJordan
09-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Ladies first. Simple.

But in the case of the Williams "sisters" this theory does not work for some reason.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Wifey, that's an argument as old as planet earth. It is valid, of course, but we have to get over it. It was the likes of Hingis who kept on fighting for equal prize money and when she won that one, she played for 1-2 more years and then retired, only to come back a couple of years later because she most likely ran out of money.

Now we know why she ran out of money. She was on Cocaine and it's expensive man. But I don't even care about the prize money. I concede that point to the ladies. But why does everything should be to their liking. The court, early start,... Let's not forget that women can pose for PlayBoy and make as much as 5 times Federer makes in 4 slams.

Jogy
09-04-2008, 12:44 AM
Right what some people saying: if the women match would be last, people would leave after the men

maybe you should give some arrogant women "I deserve equal money" this treatment, that they see what the viewer wants to see in 95% of all days.

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 12:46 AM
WTA should be played in the parking lot.

wilmar
09-04-2008, 12:47 AM
I mean you get same prize money now, so why shouldn't you be treated eqaully as men???

they want to be treated as equals? so we should give in and allow them to play best-of-5 as well:angel:

I'm not a sexist and all for equality.

But when SELECTIVE equality is pushed for....

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 12:49 AM
they want to be treated as equals? so we should give in and allow them to play best-of-5 as well:angel:

Nobody would be crazy enough. If 3 sets of women's "tennis" is already unbearable, what about 5 sets?

45 breaks of serve. 65 chokes...

No way in hell.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 12:51 AM

I'm not a sexist and all for equality.

But when SELECTIVE equality is pushed for....

You know. I may be young but I know enough to realize that that's the argument you can't win. Women will be sensitive to this issue and call us sexist. I mean Tracy Austin almost got upset with Jim Courier when he started talking about women playing 5 sets. Of course, she made the argument that it's not about sets :) In any case, this match looks like it's going to be long. I think I'll just sleep and hope to catch like 15 seconds of Nadal match on ESPN tomorrow. Very disappointed as I waited all day to watch that match.

fast_clay
09-04-2008, 12:53 AM
playing matches in front of an empty 67,000 seat stadium is not appealing... and.. it WOULD happen tonight...

no no... its fine as it is... that's the US Open... late men's matches are folklore...

if i have had to learn to live with them scrapping advantage final sets.... then, chicks play first everytime...

RogerFan82
Henin and mauresmo were the only 2 worth watching on WTA. Now that henin retired and Mauresmo sucks, I hope people and sponsors reject WTA, so that the women's tour can be scrapped.

Gnomey
Jim was saying that Nadal has to at this point because the William sisters are bigger stars. Jankovic agreed for her match to be changed to Armstrong last night but Venus never ever agrees to that. Even Federer bashed her once for saying that he would agree to play in other courts (I don't remember when this was). I just don't get it. It seems we won't be seeing Nadal's match in US which sucks

Well, Federer didn't really 'bash' her. But he just said that it shouldn't be up to the players to decide...and that it's already an honour to play there.

Anyway, if the Williams sisters weren't bigger stars, they'd probably get to play first anyway.
Ladies first, I guess. The men can battle as long as they want into the night. Women are delicate things. Well, that sounds like the approach anyway.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
I think ladies should play tiebreaks as sets and I wouldn't mind them getting equal money for playing for 7 points each set. That way they get their money and we can watch our matches.

rocketassist
09-04-2008, 12:55 AM
Venus is a shithouse.

WTA match should ALWAYS be moved.

wilmar
09-04-2008, 12:57 AM
45 breaks of serve. 65 chokes...

No way in hell.

and 98 double faults...;)

You know. I may be young but I know enough to realize that that's the argument you can't win. Women will be sensitive to this issue and call us sexist. I mean Tracy Austin almost got upset with Jim Courier when he started talking about women playing 5 sets. Of course, she made the argument that it's not about sets :)

of course, my point about them playing 5 sets as well is a based on the notion of "equality". they want to be in the same kitchen but can't/don't want to deliver the same pie. So they should stop saying it's for "equality". Gives the word a dirty name.

Jogy
09-04-2008, 01:00 AM
so that the women's tour can be scrapped.
that would be too hard, but there should be clear difference and I think it's the most insulting if some women think they deserve equal money for this shit

just tell them right into face that more people watch ATP and give them treatment to play with 500 viewers in a 25.000 seat stadium at the night when all others leave the stadium after the men show - like today Fish and Nadal

Then Serena can try earn money with her ugly clothes line.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
and 98 double faults...;)

of course, my point about them playing 5 sets as well is a based on the notion of "equality". they want to be in the same kitchen but can't/don't want to deliver the same pie. So they should stop saying it's for "equality". Gives the word a dirty name.

I think if we maybe stop calling women's tennis tennis and call it like softennis (like softball) and treat it like a different sport, then justifying the prize money wouldn't be that difficult. You know. I think these women are great athletes (regardless of their level of play) but by no means should we treat men like garbage. I mean let's face it. These women wear these outfits to make people watch them and unfortunately a whole lot of people tune in to just watch that. It's the fact. Sex, nudity and all that kind of content are the most searched on Google, so it's not surprising that some people just tune in to watch these fit women and not the tennis.

Merton
09-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Mens matches should be first, then I could go to bed. Which is what a lot of people would do, so it's not going to happen.

Simple: if WTA were the last event, nobody would stay to watch it. They'd just watch the ATP match and leave.

What they said.

fast_clay
09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
that would be too hard, but there should be clear difference and I think it's the most insulting if some women think they deserve equal money for this shit

just tell them right into face that more people watch ATP and give them treatment to play with 500 viewers in a 25.000 seat stadium at the night when all others leave the stadium after the men show - like today Fish and Nadal

Then Serena can try earn money with her ugly clothes line.

it would be nasty...

nasty... but fair...

wilmar
09-04-2008, 01:12 AM
it's so strange...come to think of it...Tennis is the only sports with double standards...badminton/ping pong makes no gender difference in number of sets...no 90m concession swims or dashes for women...
Men in Tennis have been marginalised n victimised!!!

Neely
09-04-2008, 01:17 AM
I understand what point you are trying to make, but with the Williams sisters this exaggerated scenario you described wouldn't happen. But with two other WTA players being scheduled after the men's night session, it would be very likely to see a rather big outflow of people leaving the stadium.

fast_clay
09-04-2008, 01:18 AM
it's so strange...come to think of it...Tennis is the only sports with double standards...badminton/ping pong makes no gender difference in number of sets...no 90m concession swims or dashes for women...
Men in Tennis have been marginalised n victimised!!!

3 set womens matches allows bigger girls on tour...
5 set womens matches is a public health risk...
1 set women's matches... just right...

with short duece...

equal prizemoney... no worries, just make it go away...

out_here_grindin
09-04-2008, 01:20 AM
The William sisters are why I dislike the WTA. I don't mind Safina or the others but I can not stand the Williams'. US TV always has too show them no matter what.

Courier said tonight Venus vs Serena was the show. Bullshit, I bet everyone wants to see Fish take on Nadal.

fast_clay
09-04-2008, 01:23 AM
The William sisters are why I dislike the WTA. I don't mind Safina or the others but I can not stand the Williams'. US TV always has too show them no matter what.

Courier said tonight Venus vs Serena was the show. Bullshit, I bet everyone wants to see Fish take on Nadal.

courier is the real person who needs to piss in a cup after the match if he said that...

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 01:24 AM

No doubt about that. Venus vs. Serena is a show you got that right. It's a side-show. And by the look of it, it will last till 12. I hope Serena wins the first and finishes the second quickly now.

Merton
09-04-2008, 01:25 AM
I understand what point you are trying to make, but with the Williams sisters this exaggerated scenario you described wouldn't happen. But with two other WTA players being scheduled after the men's night session, it would be very likely to see a rather big outflow of people leaving the stadium.

It would totally happen at the other three slams though. ;) In general, a local favourite would still attract enough attention at any slam but this is an exception, in general it would be the publicity disaster that Jogy described.

wilmar
3 set womens matches allows bigger girls on tour...
5 set womens matches is a public health risk...
1 set women's matches... just right...

with short duece...

equal prizemoney... no worries, just make it go away...

just let them play just one tie-break as the match...tournaments won't have to worry about bad weather affecting men's schedule then.

the only attention the Williams get is not for the tennis but more the perverse voyeurism of watching sibling tear each other down.

But I agree, Nadal is the #1 and Fish is ALSO American, no reason that is not the show.

out_here_grindin
I always pull for the women's matches to end as quickly as possible.

Nothing and I mean nothing in the world, pisses me off more than when women choke and can't finish when a mens match is next.

tangerine_dream
09-04-2008, 01:39 AM
Even Federer bashed her once for saying that he would agree to play in other courts (I don't remember when this was).
When was the last time Federer was actually asked to move to another court?

TMJordan
09-04-2008, 01:43 AM

Don't compare the Williams brothers to Federer.

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 01:47 AM

RG this year.

tangerine_dream
09-04-2008, 01:52 AM
RG this year.
To make room for a WTA match?

Because that is essentially why Venus refuses to be moved. She's not going to get off the court in deference to the men. She is a star in her own right and deserves to play on the center court and not be moved just because the men want to play on it.

dusk
09-04-2008, 01:54 AM
Women deserve to be there no less than men. Who doesn't like it, doesn't have to watch. TV broadcast is chauvinistic enough , same as USTA. First set of Williams sisters tonight has been more exciting than entire Murray/ Wawrinka farce, for example.
Most of people here bash MALE players constantly, as far as I can see, calling them by women names, wuss etc...well if they're so mediocre, they don't deserve the big stage too, right?
Yes, WTA sucks at the moment, but so does ATP...I mean, Fish in the Quarter Final? Give me a break.

rocketassist
09-04-2008, 01:57 AM
Women deserve to be there no less than men. Who doesn't like it, doesn't have to watch. TV broadcast is chauvinistic enough , same as USTA. First set of Williams sisters tonight has been more exciting than entire Murray/ Wawrinka farce, for example.
Most of people here bash MALE players constantly, as far as I can see, calling them by women names, wuss etc...well if they're so mediocre, they don't deserve the big stage too, right?
Yes, WTA sucks at the moment, but so does ATP...I mean, Fish in the Quarter Final? Give me a break.

WTA ALWAYS sucks. Their tour brings in less revenue, the quality of tennis is weaker than the ATP, therefore it is a side product and if there's a clustered schedule, then it's their matches, which are less important, that need moving.

rocketassist
09-04-2008, 01:57 AM

Because that is essentially why Venus refuses to be moved. She's not going to get off the court in deference to the men. She is a star in her own right and deserves to play on the center court and not be moved just because the men want to play on it.

It's not up to her, it's up to the TD. And they are wusses with no bottle, like the Australian one.

finishingmove
09-04-2008, 01:59 AM

fish is playing good at the moment, but even if he wasnt i'd still watch his match over a wta one, especially something like a williams derby.

Scotso
09-04-2008, 02:05 AM
I hate to break it to people here, but a Williams vs. Williams match is not going to get moved from Ashe at the U.S. Open. Hense the U.S.

Second, while I don't really care much about women's tennis, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Venus being opposed to having her matches moved when they've been planned in advance. She has every right to object to having her own schedule thrown off for the benefit of the men.

Yes, mens' tennis is more interesting at this point in time and I prefer to see it, but the comments of some of the people in this thread lead me to believe they just have a problem with women in general. :retard:

Scotso
09-04-2008, 02:06 AM

:yeah:

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 02:09 AM

If Federer was moved because of a WTA match, humanity would reach a lower point.

Deference... :lol: She can do nothing if she thinks so highly of herself but can't beat a semi-retired smoking doubles player. She's a star in the same way a 200-ranked player is a star in a futures tournament.

Her level of "tennis" doesn't make her deserving of the central court anyway. If decent people made the scheduling, she'd be playing in some courts near the parking lot anyway.

Lillith
09-04-2008, 02:10 AM

Yeah, because everyone fully expects THAT to be a battle for the ages. :rolleyes:

God you're a bunch of sexist shits. The Williams sisters are huge draws in the US, and I believe that their USO final is still the most watched final in the tournament's history. They also could very well be on the court for longer than the expected beatdown coming from the Nadal-Fish match, so you people would of course expect that they should get more money than either Nadal or Fish for tonight's efforts, right? Yeah, of course you would.

I agree with Federer that it shouldn't be up to the players, but so long as it is, no one can really complain. Very few of the players would agree to have their matches moved, Jankovic was just incredibly gracious in agreeing to that last night.

Johnny Groove
I always pull for the women's matches to end as quickly as possible.

Nothing and I mean nothing in the world, pisses me off more than when women choke and can't finish when a mens match is next.

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

GlennMirnyi

Fish will make the final, save your complaints for later on.

Boarder35m
09-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I think if we maybe stop calling women's tennis tennis and call it like softennis (like softball) and treat it like a different sport, then justifying the prize money wouldn't be that difficult. You know. I think these women are great athletes (regardless of their level of play) but by no means should we treat men like garbage. I mean let's face it. These women wear these outfits to make people watch them and unfortunately a whole lot of people tune in to just watch that. It's the fact. Sex, nudity and all that kind of content are the most searched on Google, so it's not surprising that some people just tune in to watch these fit women and not the tennis.

I´m watching the match on eurosport and the comentator just said that there was a poll under male and female players who would win tonight and most female say Venus, most male say Serena and he continued to say that the reason would probably be that there were nude photos published from Serena Williams. The fact that he could say this without having to apologise later shows that sexism and the expoitation of nudity has a big impact on normal sports media.

I don´t understand why anyone watches any kind of sport just to look at some bodies in hot clothing (whatever one would think that is).

If sport is not being watched because someone enjoys the way two people battle against each other than why watch sports in the first place. You can allways go outside in summer or in a swimming pool to watch bodies if you are so eager to do that.

So if you are implying that it is true that there are more people watching womens tennis than mens because of the sexy outfits, I just realy really hope you are wrong.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 02:11 AM
WTA ALWAYS sucks. Their tour brings in less revenue, the quality of tennis is weaker than the ATP, therefore it is a side product and if there's a clustered schedule, then it's their matches, which are less important, that need moving.

Completely agree. What match are you watching dude. How is Serena Venus better than Murray Del Potro

lurker
09-04-2008, 02:13 AM
If the USTA has scheduled the men first and women second, and the men refused to move, do you think the women would wait until 11 or 12 to start their match? Do you think they would opt to move? Do you think they would gripe about why the men refused to move?

This is a scheduling screw up on the USTA's part, plain and simple. They started the day on Ashe with aome silly doubles match. Any silly doubles match doesn't deserve to be on Ashe, as far as I'm concerned. ANd they took two and a half *&^%$$ing hours. Then they decided the women's QF was not to start until 12:30 pm, but of course in went later and thankfully they decided it in just over and hour. And the men were not to start before 2 pm, but of course took 4 hours, the average big men's matchup being about 3-4 hours, USTA should have known this.

Now, the guys are going to start well after 11 maybe 12 at this rate.

ServeAlready81
09-04-2008, 02:16 AM
For all the meatheads talking crap about these two ladies that are the only thing interesting left in women's tennis currently, I hope the match goes 3 sets :lol: I'm in Los Angeles anyway so it's only 7pm here. Anyway, I blame the tour organizers for this, they should put all 4 ladies quarters on one day leaving more room for the men's quarters.

finishingmove
09-04-2008, 02:16 AM
problem is, wta matches cant even be played simultaneously with atp ones.

i bet more people would leave than stay on ashe now, if nadal - fish were put to play on armstrong

dusk
09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
Fish will make the final, save your complaints for later on.

That would be even bigger disgrace.

ServeAlready81
09-04-2008, 02:21 AM
i bet more people would leave than stay on ashe now, if nadal - fish were put to play on armstrong I doubt that considering in the U.S. The sisters are much bigger stars than Andy Murray. Plus the majority of people that go to the US Open are casual fans anyway.

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 02:22 AM
That would be even bigger disgrace.

A disgrace is Nadull playing tennis mate.

dusk
09-04-2008, 02:24 AM
A disgrace is Nadull playing tennis mate.

and he's ATP number 1
plays on big stage all the time.

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 02:28 AM
and he's ATP number 1
plays on big stage all the time.

Makes it an even bigger disgrace...

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 02:28 AM
I´m watching the match on eurosport and the comentator just said that there was a poll under male and female players who would win tonight and most female say Venus, most male say Serena and he continued to say that the reason would probably be that there were nude photos published from Serena Williams. The fact that he could say this without having to apologise later shows that sexism and the expoitation of nudity has a big impact on normal sports media.

I don´t understand why anyone watches any kind of sport just to look at some bodies in hot clothing (whatever one would think that is).

If sport is not being watched because someone enjoys the way two people battle against each other than why watch sports in the first place. You can allways go outside in summer or in a swimming pool to watch bodies if you are so eager to do that.

So if you are implying that it is true that there are more people watching womens tennis than mens because of the sexy outfits, I just realy really hope you are wrong.

I know I am not wrong. I have seen so many football (american football) fans who say tennis is not a real sport. But they keep following women's tennis because of sexy outfits just like the watch beat volleyball (which is even more extreme). I am not saying everybody is like that but there are people out there who watch for that purpose alone.

dusk
09-04-2008, 02:30 AM
Makes it an even bigger disgrace...

Glad we agree on all ATP thing.

stuey87
09-04-2008, 02:34 AM
What happens now if Venus wins the 2nd set?
Surely Nadal and Fish have to move...
I agree with other posters that Venus should have no right to refuse to move. No player of either sex should. The tournament director's word should be law.

finishingmove
09-04-2008, 02:35 AM
What happens now if Venus wins the 2nd set?

we would know there is no god

Johnny Groove
09-04-2008, 02:37 AM

:lol:

Sitting here as the night gets older as the women take even longer is the worst feeling of being a tennis fan.

dam0dred
09-04-2008, 02:38 AM
Because if the men go first there is a much greater chance of having a women's match start at like 1am. Most women's matches are quick straight set affairs.

They should have moved Fish/Nadal to Armstrong. All the real tennis fans would have moved, leave the celebrity "sisters" to act out their theatre.

stuey87
09-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Haha, yeah!
If she does then they'll doubtless trade 5 or 6 breaks and play a third set tiebreak...

Can someone explain to me why in the US Open they don't have alternating solely mens and womens days in the 2nd week like sometimes at other slams? I thought that was a good system

TheBoiledEgg
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
make Nadal play until 4-30am :devil:
hope Fish can keep him out there for that long

fast_clay
09-04-2008, 02:39 AM
:lol:

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 02:43 AM

You need even further proof? :p

make Nadal play until 4-30am :devil:
hope Fish can keep him out there for that long

Fish will win in a quick affair.

celcius
09-04-2008, 02:43 AM
My reply to the original post:

Go complain to the tournament director. It's funny; when there aren't backups like today, the scheduling "works out fine" and no one complains. But when it doesn't work then people start bashing the WTA. Blame the tournament organizers. I think they should have put the doubles match 3rd up on Ashe with the possibility of moving that to another court; that way they could "maximize" the fan experience, since even less people watch doubles. Because I agree with some other posters that the Williams sisters are big here.

I also think that a precedent was set at the AO this year so it was less likely for Venus' wish to not be granted especially at her home slam.

RafaTheBest
09-04-2008, 02:44 AM
If Federer was moved because of a WTA match, humanity would reach a lower point.

Deference... :lol: She can do nothing if she thinks so highly of herself but can't beat a semi-retired smoking doubles player. She's a star in the same way a 200-ranked player is a star in a futures tournament.

Her level of "tennis" doesn't make her deserving of the central court anyway. If decent people made the scheduling, she'd be playing in some courts near the parking lot anyway.

Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if a Nadal was moved because of a WTA match? :D

TheBoiledEgg
09-04-2008, 02:46 AM
at least Nadal cant complain now the match should have been held over to Thursday
it will be Thursday soon :spit:

RafaTheBest
09-04-2008, 02:48 AM
Fish will win in a quick affair.

Post saved to show your foolishness after Nadal disposes of this mug in straight sets! :lol:

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 02:49 AM
If there is any justice in this world, Serena will win in 2 sets. Otherwise, I'll just watch Sarah Plain or whatever her name is accept the VP nomination

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, how would you feel if a Nadal was moved because of a WTA match? :D

Wouldn't care less.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Here we go. It seems we are going to have a third set :rolls::rolls:

finishingmove
09-04-2008, 02:55 AM
venus cant find an angle to win a point from the net against her fat sister.

WTA

mangoes
09-04-2008, 02:55 AM
This is a good match.............I highly doubt Nadal and Fish will be this entertaining.

dusk
09-04-2008, 02:56 AM
Blame the tournament organizers.

Exactly!

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Saved! All set points saved. Thank you God!

RafaTheBest
09-04-2008, 02:59 AM
There is no god.

finishingmove
09-04-2008, 03:01 AM
come on venus, choke it

Lillith
09-04-2008, 03:02 AM
This is a good match.............I highly doubt Nadal and Fish will be this entertaining.

But they're men, how dare women act so uppity and not know their place is in the kitchen. The logic of MTF posters is quite faulty lately- where is RFK to shine his light? :)

And yes, it has been a rather entertaining match. Much more so than what I expect to see next, with Fish maybe winning 5 games. I'd love to see Fish make more of a match, but I just don't see it happening. Even with Nadal's slow play, I expect them to be off the court in less time than the Williams tonight.

finishingmove
09-04-2008, 03:03 AM
venus is so nice, im glad she understands

lets get down to business now

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 03:03 AM
Match Point! YES!!!

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 03:04 AM
There is no God, if there was, this match would be 6/1 6/1.

DustMan
09-04-2008, 03:05 AM
XD @ the feminists loling up this topic

Lillith
09-04-2008, 03:06 AM
There is no God, if there was, this match would be 6/1 6/1.

You certainly seem anxious to watch a Nadal match... ;)

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 03:08 AM
No. If there was a god, we would get to see Nadal Fish instead of this long match. I don't know about you but it's like 11:10 here and I need to go to work tomorrow. I hope Nadal or Fish win it 6/0, 6/0, 6/0.

GlennMirnyi
09-04-2008, 03:09 AM
You certainly seem anxious to watch a Nadal match... ;)

I definitely wanna watch Pescado punching Nadull. :D

Acer
09-04-2008, 03:13 AM
Thank fuck it's over. Though the worst sister won. ANYWAY...

Neely
09-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Okay, lets end it here. Nadal/Fish is underway.

SheepleBuster
09-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Thank fuck it's over. Though the worst sister won. ANYWAY...

Actually I am glad Venus won. If it wasn't because of her, we would be watching Nadal Fish Right now.