USO R4: Roddick Smashes Gonzo To Pieces 6-2, 6-4, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO R4: Roddick Smashes Gonzo To Pieces 6-2, 6-4, 6-1

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 03:55 AM
expected. Gonzo was pathetic as always. Roddick's got the best draw ever till now.

TMJordan
09-03-2008, 03:57 AM
Roddick can win this title, as long as he avoids Gilles Muller. No joke.

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 03:57 AM
It was a pretty awful match, for sure.

*Viva Chile*
09-03-2008, 03:59 AM
boring and expected match and result :yawn: :zzz:

Geo
09-03-2008, 03:59 AM
Gonzalez played a terrible match. Pathetic :o. I don't know if his knee was bothering him, he's tired, or just having a bad day. He's so much better than the garbage he displayed tonight.

All Roddick did was serve big, and keep the ball in the play until Fernando missed. Roddick is moving as well as he can, but other than his serve, he hasn't been too impressive this tournament. When he runs into a player who takes the initiative and doesn't miss (hopefully Djokovic), Roddick will lose.

freeandlonely
09-03-2008, 04:00 AM
Can't believe I'm rooting for Roddick today, good job.
I just hope this match ends asap, so as Gonzalez.

jcempire
09-03-2008, 04:01 AM

So, Do you mean Roger should to lose to Muller, And don't forget Roddick got to beat Djok on another side

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Can't believe I'm rooting for Roddick today, good job.
I just hope this match ends asap, so as Gonzalez.

I think the match ended a couple of minutes ago brother. Sorry to spoil the exciting finish for you.

leng jai
09-03-2008, 04:02 AM
I lost count on how many quality backhand passes there were in this match.

ChinoRios4Ever
As always Gonzo a no show vs Roddick. :wavey:

Go A-Rod, my golden prediction still ON! 4 down, 3 to go. :rocker2:

rafa_maniac
Ducky! Now go make that final :yeah: Quack!

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 04:04 AM
I'm with you!

He is American. I am American. But there are just so many things wrong with him, his game, and his personality. I just like to see him cry. Call me a terrible person but Roddick drives me mad! Here is the order I like: Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Muller, Fish, Roddick.

I'd be pretty satisfied if Nadal won or Muller. But not the last two!

gillian
09-03-2008, 04:04 AM
Wow, that was a really boring match. I mean, it's rare that I turn a match off because it's boring me, but there it is.

crude oil
09-03-2008, 04:06 AM
gonzalez was quite poor today...he kind of went into brainless mode when he went behind.

Im not sure if he is hurting or what but he didnt seem to want to move today and was content on just trying to bludgeon the ball.

anyways. roddick was very solid with the serve and moved really well. Even a peak gonzalez might not have been enough today.

*Viva Chile*
09-03-2008, 04:07 AM
I prefered to turn the TV to a chilean series final chapter :p

Jimnik
09-03-2008, 04:09 AM
Andy :worship: :worship: :worship:

Great performance, much better than Seppi. The best thing is I think he can still be more aggressive to be even more effective.

Still dreaming of an All-Andy final. :yeah:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-03-2008, 04:11 AM
I prefered to turn the TV to a chilean series final chapter :p

Same here, and i was listening the match on the radio. :haha::haha::haha:

ps: what a boring and expected final IMO. :p

Geo
09-03-2008, 04:11 AM
He is American. I am American. But there are just so many things wrong with him, his game, and his personality. I just like to see him cry. Call me a terrible person but Roddick drives me mad! Here is the order I like: Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, Murray, Del Potro, Muller, Fish, Roddick.

I'm American too and I can't stand Roddick. Never could-his game or personality.

I don't like Murray, Fish or Roddick, so as long as none of them win I'll be fine.

the_natural
09-03-2008, 04:13 AM

Are you high?? No offence but come on man, there is NOOOO way Muller can keep up his form, 2 back to back 5 setters then the match against Koyla, now hes gonna face federer who has regained his confidence. Theres NO way muller would even have the confidence to beat federer, let alone the legs.

Murray-Federer Final Federer to beat murray who wont yet have the Moxi to beat someone in the top 2 in a major final (just like Nole last year).

ALthough I reckon Roddick will bet nole, hes playing like a really douchebag right now, i guess he can only play well against Nadal

FERLKE
09-03-2008, 04:13 AM
brainless ballbahser :o:o:wavey:

Lee
09-03-2008, 04:18 AM
Really anti-climatic after the two 5 setters on Ashe today.

Gonzo's play was pathetic. He's so not there whole night. Winning 7 games and the match last only an hour and a half.

*Viva Chile*
09-03-2008, 04:21 AM
Same here, and i was listening the match on the radio. :haha::haha::haha:

ps: what a boring and expected final IMO. :p

which final?? :p the final of the match or the series??? :lol:

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 04:22 AM
too good

Sparko1030
09-03-2008, 04:22 AM
:sad: As a Fernando fan this was a tough match to watch. Andy was certainly "on" and Fernando was never in the match. It could be his ankle or that he was just worn out after the Olympics. (of course Rafa is still going strong but there is only one Rafa :lol: )

:hug: for Fena :rocker2:
:hatoff: to Andy and good luck to him against Djoko :yeah:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-03-2008, 04:29 AM
which final?? :p the final of the match or the series??? :lol:

Both. :devil:

The Freak
09-03-2008, 04:30 AM
You are a FOOL, and need to shut the fuck up, honestly.

I second that.

Andy was too big like always.

Lucinda
09-03-2008, 04:30 AM
I went to go get pizza and the thing was over by the time I got back :(

Mechlan
09-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Roddick, fantastic movement from what I saw. His game plan was pretty simple and worked great. His serve is locked in and really just moving beautifully for him. I think he'll be tough to beat here given Djokovic and Federer's form so far.

Tommy_Vercetti
09-03-2008, 04:34 AM
Wait, so Fernando Gonzalez sucks now and Andy has had an easy draw? WTF? Compared to who?

tangerine_dream
09-03-2008, 04:42 AM
Piece of cake for Andy. He only lost one point in each set from his own serve, that is just a mauling. :eek: It was an anticlimatic match after all the drama earlier today but I will take it. It's really great to see Andy playing this well again. It doesn't happen often these days so I am enjoying every minute of it. :bigclap: Four down, three more to go, Andy. :drive:

I liked the poll USOpen.org showed, where 62% of the respondents said that Patrick McEnroe was responsible for Andy's improved form. Poor Jimmy. :hug:

I would say that PMac is responsible for Andy's improved oncourt attitude.

Fumus
09-03-2008, 04:43 AM
Piece of cake for Andy. He only lost one point in each set from his own serve, that is just a mauling. :eek: It was an anticlimatic match after all the drama earlier today but I will take it. It's really great to see Andy playing this well again. It doesn't happen often these days so I am enjoying every minute of it. :bigclap: Four down, three more to go, Andy. :drive:

I liked the poll USOpen.org showed, where 62% of the respondents said that Patrick McEnroe was responsible for Andy's improved form. Poor Jimmy. :hug:

John said 38% was from Jimmy voting...hahaha

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 04:54 AM

I would say that PMac is responsible for Andy's improved oncourt attitude.

I think 150% said that Andy's joke of a draw was responsible for his overall improvement. You've got to be kidding me.

BalkanBoy
09-03-2008, 05:02 AM
John said 38% was from Jimmy voting...hahaha

:haha: rivality never dies it seems poor Jimmy :devil:

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 05:11 AM
roddick just needs someone fresh every now and then... he's gets bored easy methinks...

Junkyard Racket
09-03-2008, 05:23 AM
I think 150% said that Andy's joke of a draw was responsible for his overall improvement. You've got to be kidding me.

Yep, Gulbis in the 2nd round, Gonzo in the 4th, Djokovic in the Quarters. Doesn't get any easier than that. :rolleyes:

Scotso
09-03-2008, 05:29 AM
:help:

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 05:40 AM
Yep, Gulbis in the 2nd round, Gonzo in the 4th, Djokovic in the Quarters. Doesn't get any easier than that. :rolleyes:

for that set n a half gulbis was playing the best tennis of the tourney IMO... just, brutalising roddick... luckily, gulbis realised he was still a young mug...

roddick is fresh and match tough...

Tommy_Vercetti
09-03-2008, 05:47 AM
But who exactly has had a tougher draw? And that's just so far. He'll probably have to beat the #1,2,3 to win the title. Or is it basically if Federer and Nadal struggle with people they were supposed to beat easily, they have the tough draw? Pfft.

Junkyard Racket
09-03-2008, 05:51 AM
for that set n a half gulbis was playing the best tennis of the tourney IMO... just, brutalising roddick... luckily, gulbis realised he was still a young mug...

roddick is fresh and match tough...

Gulbis was awesome. The fact that Roddick was able to get the better of him says a lot about his form right now. With Djokovic and Federer looking vulnerable, this is probably Roddick's last great shot at a Grand Slam final.

leng jai
09-03-2008, 05:52 AM
But who exactly has had a tougher draw? And that's just so far. He'll probably have to beat the #1,2,3 to win the title. Or is it basically if Federer and Nadal struggle with people they were supposed to beat easily, they have the tough draw? Pfft.

Anyone who has had to face Muller so far has had a tough draw.

Junkyard Racket
09-03-2008, 05:56 AM

I'm pretty sure only cyrusking thinks Roddick's had an easy draw.

Clydey
09-03-2008, 07:39 AM

Barry Cowan on Sky Sports: "Roddick has one of the best backhand passes in tennis".

Seriously, he said that. Of all the shots in Roddick's arsenal to praise, Cowan heaps it on the backhand. I swear, he gets worse with every commentary.

Venle
09-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Gonzo :awww:

Congrats to Roddick

leng jai
09-03-2008, 07:54 AM
Barry Cowan on Sky Sports: "Roddick has one of the best backhand passes in tennis".

Seriously, he said that. Of all the shots in Roddick's arsenal to praise, Cowan heaps it on the backhand. I swear, he gets worse with every commentary.

He might have been using one of my favourite techniques.

FedererBulgaria
09-03-2008, 07:56 AM
Roddick:worship:

HeretiC
09-03-2008, 07:58 AM
After the win against Gulbis, Roddick gets back into equation. He has a chance as good as all of the others cause so far none of them has showed much more.

Bilbo
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Still dreaming of an All-Andy final. :yeah:

yeah, it would be a disgrace to have non-englisch speaking players in the final :o

mug

Golfnduck
09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Good win Andy :yeah: He did what he had to do in the match. Hopefully he can step it up from the baseline against Novak.

MacTheKnife
09-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Big time steam roll job. Love it. Nice job ARod..

out_here_grindin
09-03-2008, 12:02 PM
yeah, it would be a disgrace to have non-englisch speaking players in the final :o

mug

nothing to do with that at all. Something different that Nadal

star
09-03-2008, 12:38 PM
I was really pleased with Andy's play last night. Of course, Gonzo wasn't sharp and looked weary, but Andy served well, and his backhand looked better than it ever has, imo. :bigclap:

cobalt60
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
I was really pleased with Andy's play last night. Of course, Gonzo wasn't sharp and looked weary, but Andy served well, and his backhand looked better than it ever has, imo. :bigclap:

Agree :yeah:

Pea
09-03-2008, 12:57 PM
You mug, Gonzo. Rodduck of all people won more rallies than you did.:rolleyes:

cobalt60
09-03-2008, 01:18 PM

Would you do me a favor? Would you head to nontennis and answer the "15 random things about me" thread? My curiosity knows no bounds here. Thanks.
EDIT: here you go :) http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61751&highlight=15+random+things

Neely
09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
Holy shit, that was really dominant.

Andy looked great, of course! But Gonzo wasn't even there it seemed. He needed like until the third set to get a first decent look on Roddick's serve.

To Roddick's credit, he is really playing with a good intensity, his serve is more than okay, he cut down stupid unforced errors, he's doing many things very good. Only could add a bit more throttle to this forehand, this was stronger already in the past.

ArgieFan
09-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Amazing A-Rod!!! Now beat Nole please...

rafa_maniac
09-03-2008, 03:53 PM
I seem to recall about a week ago everyone saying Roddick wouldn't last two minutes in the tournament because he had such a "tough draw", now it's a joke draw?? Gulbis, Gonzo, Djoko, then probably Federer and Nadal... you could hardly script a harder hard court draw.

Tommy_Vercetti
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Like there's anything unusual about that.

FiBeR
09-03-2008, 06:18 PM
:dance: clinical performance by Andy :D

:cool: Dedicated to Albop :bigwave:

Merton
09-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Well done Andy, at least he has ensured now that the season is not disaster. :yeah:

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 08:41 PM
Would you do me a favor? Would you head to nontennis and answer the "15 random things about me" thread? My curiosity knows no bounds here. Thanks.
EDIT: here you go :) http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=61751&highlight=15+random+things

Done. I would've preferred some questions to answer but hope this helps :)

Jogy
09-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Great thing that Gonzo was so smashed! :)

Havok
09-04-2008, 02:29 AM
Your infatuation with backhands is a little sickening. One of the best backhands to ever grace the game choked like a little shit and lost in the 2r. I don't see the need to harp on backhands every day of your life.

Gonzalez was really bad. Andy just had to play solid, and occasionally come up with something big to keep rolling over Fernando. It's a shame, really, because this could have been a really fun match and Gonzalez might have forced some more power shots out of Roddick had his shots been landing in more than they did last night.:tape:

ReturnWinner
09-04-2008, 03:20 AM
it was expected, Roddick played great and on this kind of court Gonzalez can not return Andy serve.

groundstroke
09-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Roddick has increased his hate population by at least 5% in this match...

Albop
09-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Crapastic !.

Crapnando Mugzalez aat his best. :yeah: