Why Is Gimelstob Back? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why Is Gimelstob Back?

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
I just checked ATP Tennis to see how Davydenko is faring against Muller and I see that Gimelstob's been hired for Tennis.com. I thought he was banned from TV and media indefinitely. What's going on?

JimmyV
09-02-2008, 10:16 PM
The USTA and Sports Illustrated fired him. If anyone else wants to hire him their welcome too.

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 10:17 PM
But why would you hire such a disgusting sexist. Everybody who has read his comments know how he thinks about women.

Pfloyd
09-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Hahahaha

Maybe now we get to see him write drunk!

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 10:20 PM
Hahahaha

Maybe now we get to see him write drunk!

Gimelstob is a ticking time-bomb. Just watch his video on ATPTennis.com. Started like this: NY crowds are .... My mind stopped here thinking that he is gonna slip up and say they are all a-holes. He didn't but who knows what this guy might say on video. He is crazy

Pfloyd
09-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I think its okay to have clowns to laugh at in the tennis world.

Like Gimlestob or Bodo :rolleyes:

It's always cool to catch them talking crap.

Roddickominator
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Gimelstob is a legend of the game and one of the best announcers out there. Good to see him back.

r2473
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
If you are able to make a scant 25,000 more posts before the end of the year, you will overtake "Clay Death".

At the rate you're going, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 10:31 PM
If you are able to make a scant 25,000 more posts before the end of the year, you will overtake "Clay Death".

At the rate you're going, this shouldn't be much of a problem.

Why do you keep attacking me? I think Gimelstob having access to media is a big problem. I didn't make this just because I wanted to match Clay Death, which by the way I am not familiar with his work. Have I insulted you in any way? If so, I apologize.

Deboogle!.
09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
I just checked ATP Tennis to see how Davydenko is faring against Muller and I see that Gimelstob's been hired for Tennis.com. I thought he was banned from TV and media indefinitely. What's going on?You really do have an unbelievable imagination. first Roddick "fires" his brother and you pronounce all kinds of drama and animosity, and then John shows up in his box for all of his matches :lol: then you pronounce that the J-Block is also "fired" yet no proof. Now you pronounce that Gimelstob had been "banned from TV and media indefinitely" - who exactly would have done such a banning? I think we are long past the days of blacklisting in this country.

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
You really do have an unbelievable imagination. first Roddick "fires" his brother and you pronounce all kinds of drama and animosity, and then John shows up in his box for all of his matches :lol: then you pronounce that the J-Block is also "fired" yet no proof. Now you pronounce that Gimelstob had been "banned from TV and media indefinitely" - who exactly would have done such a banning? I think we are long past the days of blacklisting in this country.

I made a mistake on John Roddick. John McEnroe said something on TV which misled me. But you guys said a while back that he was fired from SI and his Tennis Channel gig. Was he not?

Snoo Foo
09-02-2008, 10:38 PM
I heard he lost all those Tennis Warehouse ads.

alfonsojose
09-02-2008, 11:11 PM
He should be banned but he won't :sad: :rolleyes:

Black Adam
09-02-2008, 11:26 PM
The folks here show you how ugly the world is. Just because Gimelstone did one bad thing he doesn't anything good to happen to him for the rest of his life is the logic in use. I suppose Mel Gibson shouldn't make films at all??? :rolleyes:

Another electrifying thread with false rumours. Cyrusking, you the man!!!!

ServeAlready81
09-03-2008, 02:22 AM
I don't like the guy either, however it seems as if some people want the guy to be jobless and on the street. He made a mistake and paid the price, hopefully he'll keep his pigheaded ideas to himself next time.

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 02:26 AM
gimmelstob is back cos he dont take no sh!t from no corporate b!tches...

Fee
09-03-2008, 03:14 AM
I made a mistake on John Roddick. John McEnroe said something on TV which misled me. But you guys said a while back that he was fired from SI and his Tennis Channel gig. Was he not?

He was fired from SI, the USTA took him out of the USO series ads, and edited McEnroe into one of them. He was not fired from the Tennis Channel, he had only signed to do the Slams for them this year and they only had rights to 3. He stayed on the air throughout Wimbledon right? (I don't know, I was in London the whole two weeks).

I heard he lost all those Tennis Warehouse ads.

This is true. The ads were all filmed and ready to go, but TW gave in to the heat and asked TTC to stop showing them.

The tennis.com video gig is new, he was hired for it after Wimbledon. He is also still a member of the ATP Board. Guess the people who know him better than all of the members of this forum, including me, still see a reason to hire him and pay him to talk about tennis. Good for him, he paid for his mistake, he learned from it, he's moving on.

Cyrus, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

TMJordan
09-03-2008, 03:19 AM
The Stob = Legend.

castle007
09-03-2008, 03:20 AM
because he is very popular with the ladies

the cat
09-03-2008, 04:42 AM
But why would you hire such a disgusting sexist. Everybody who has read his comments know how he thinks about women.

I agree with you. And I'm glad Sports Illustrated fired Gimelstob for his outrageous sexist and digusting comments about Anna Kournikova. But why did Lindsay Davenport have this fool in her friends box during her matches at the U.S. Open this year? :confused: That makes no sense. And if you need Justin Gimelstob to be your friend you have problems. :lol: I'm glad tennis fans will be hearing less of Gimenlstob's nansal voice in the future. ;) And if he felt so harshly about Kournikova what does he say about the women who've dumped him or other women who he sees as arrogant? Gimelstob sounds like he has issues with women and that's sad. But that's his fault.

nateyang
09-03-2008, 05:11 AM
The irony is he talks about "etiquette" on ATPtennis.com. Come on, the last thing this a-hole knows about is etiquette!

lurker
09-03-2008, 05:20 AM
But why did Lindsay Davenport have this fool in her friends box during her matches at the U.S. Open this year? :confused: That makes no sense. And if you need Justin Gimelstob to be your friend you have problems. :lol:

I have never liked Davenport. She may be rich and come from a privileged background, but she is not Miss Refined and All Class like the commentators make her out to be. She has said and done some things that indicate she would be one of those snobby, conceited type of girls in the locker room. I am not surprised nor dismayed that she had this Gimelslob in her box. In fact, I feel vindicated in how I've always felt about her.

As for Gimelslob 'coming back', well, if it means you have to get invited by a has-been slumping player to sit in their box to get TV time...

Fee
09-03-2008, 05:24 AM
Lindsay and Justin have been friends for ages, Justin was coaching her last week.

Lucinda
09-03-2008, 08:31 AM
Lindsay and Justin have been friends for ages, Justin was coaching her last week.

That explains a lot. :o

JolánGagó
09-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Stop this witch hunt. Gimelstob is a heroe. Down with political correctness and all that crap. Freedom of Expression shall prevail.

Mimi
09-03-2008, 10:45 AM
yup, he did something wrong, but everyone should be given a second chance :wavey:

The folks here show you how ugly the world is. Just because Gimelstone did one bad thing he doesn't anything good to happen to him for the rest of his life is the logic in use. I suppose Mel Gibson shouldn't make films at all??? :rolleyes:

Another electrifying thread with false rumours. Cyrusking, you the man!!!!

Snoo Foo
09-03-2008, 10:54 AM
Mel Gibson shouldn't make films at all.

Unless he's reprising his role as Sgt. Martin Riggs.

zookeeper
09-03-2008, 02:40 PM
He made a mistake and paid the consequences. I don't see any reason he doesn't deserve a second chance. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will only talk that way to his friends and not in the media.

kalisita
09-03-2008, 03:21 PM
He made a mistake and paid the consequences. I don't see any reason he doesn't deserve a second chance. Hopefully he learned his lesson and will only talk that way to his friends and not in the media.

The isn't his second chance. This is like his fourth or five chance. He has a long history of making sexist comments. In fact, each time he gets another chance, he comes back even stronger and makes even worse comments.

http://www.insidetennis.com/0808_second_serve.html

Thanos
09-03-2008, 03:32 PM
I think its okay to have clowns to laugh at in the tennis world.

Like Gimlestob or Bodo :rolleyes:

It's always cool to catch them talking crap.

tennis.com is a sad site, i guess that the best they can do in hiring gimelstob.

if there was any justice, he would have been beheaded by now

neenah
09-03-2008, 03:46 PM

Not that there was any chance of this being false, but I can back this statement up - I saw them myself last Thursday on the practice courts.

I have no problem with Gimelstob. He recently was part of a very small exhibition near where I live, in his home state. You could tell that, even considering the small amount of people present, he aimed to please. He gave signed pictures to anyone who wanted them, and when he ran out of pictures he gave signed towels. I was one of the people at the end of the line who had to get a towel. :p

Anyway, there are so many garbage commentators, and yes, his comments about Kournikova were very tasteless, but I don't see that as a reason why he should vanish of the face of the earth and never be a part of anything media/tennis related. :shrug:

zookeeper
09-03-2008, 04:13 PM
The isn't his second chance. This is like his fourth or five chance. He has a long history of making sexist comments. In fact, each time he gets another chance, he comes back even stronger and makes even worse comments.

http://www.insidetennis.com/0808_second_serve.html

I know their comments aren't as bad as the ones Justin was in trouble for but I've heard McEnroe and Courier say some pretty sexist things over the years so I don't see why Justin is getting all the controversy.

scoobs
09-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Justin is 2 legit 2 quit.

thrust
09-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Gimelstob is a legend of the game and one of the best announcers out there. Good to see him back.

Surely you just! Actually, I kind of like him. He is not all wrong.

thrust
09-03-2008, 07:31 PM
I have never liked Davenport. She may be rich and come from a privileged background, but she is not Miss Refined and All Class like the commentators make her out to be. She has said and done some things that indicate she would be one of those snobby, conceited type of girls in the locker room. I am not surprised nor dismayed that she had this Gimelslob in her box. In fact, I feel vindicated in how I've always felt about her.

As for Gimelslob 'coming back', well, if it means you have to get invited by a has-been slumping player to sit in their box to get TV time...

Such bitterness! Do you really know these people?