R4: [3] N Djokovic fights past [15] T Robredo 4-6 6-2 6-3 5-7 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

R4: [3] N Djokovic fights past [15] T Robredo 4-6 6-2 6-3 5-7 6-3

Pages : [1] 2

EnriqueIG8
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Djokovic once proved again that he was faking the injury in the first set to race to a 2-1 lead in sets. Then he choked again giving up a break in the fourth, faking a injury again and end up winning the fifth. Terrible effort from Robredo in fifth.
Not a good match at all.

LocoPorElTenis
09-02-2008, 08:34 PM
Disgusting cheater and faker... his constant gamesmanship is a disgrace to the game.

ReturnWinner
Fakervic is a disgrace to tennis

Stensland
for a five-setter this match was quite dull.

Cafisho
Ban all those people who call him Boredo.

Jaz
There was all sorts of "faking" and "drama". Heck I'm beginning to believe that if the Joker plays badly, he fakes an injury.

Lee
Great fight!

Kudo to Robredo who find another gear while he's behind in 4th set.

Thanks Nole for putting his fans thru a wringer.

bokehlicious
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Faker at its best :)

Deboogle!.
wow, lots of faking accusations, what a shock :lol:

Allegretto
Fakervic in full flow today. The commentator on my stream described it as "an Oscar-worthy performance" and used the word "disgusted" to describe Faker's antics at the end of the match. Spot on.

l_mac
I think, and I'm sure many will agree, that this was by far the worst match played at the Open this year :worship:

Nole :hug: :bigclap: Leg pain, breathing difficulties, tummy upset - battled through them all :rocker2: His name is on the trophy, no doubt.

Tommy :hug: robbed by a bad line call in the 5th.

Fumus
Well played by Djoko in the end....good effort from Tommy.

High drama on the high stage.

scarecrows
Gorka Robredo, do you understand now why we call your fav player a mug?
how can you lose a match after winning the 4th and having an opponent play so bad and struggle on the other side

credit to Djokovic, he fought till the end despite the injury (?)

CassL
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
Congrats Nole. But 5th setter against Tommy Robredo? come on now.

vucina
This was Clownbredo's match to lose.

nateyang
Hat off to Robredo. Too bad he couldn't fight in the 5th set. Still, amazing effort.
Djokovic: Shameful performance. I nominate you for the Oscar next year.

elessar
Ignore the haters Nole, I'm so proud of you today :hug:

Such a fight :bigclap:

Tom_Bombadil
Why are you saying he faked? Didn't see the match.

It's a pity Robredo couldn't force the situation a little bit more. But nevertheless, I guess very little people would have predicted this result.

Tobi
What a figther Novak is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT.

Cant agree more with fellow "Faking" posts.

Lee

Already predicted since the 2nd set. Nothing new. :lol:

Montego
I am the last one who would become a Djokovic fan. But I must say that he won this match like a champion. Because it's not tough to win a match when you are red-hot. But it's a great achievement to win when you are playing like shit against such a retrieving SOB like Robredo. And Djokovic was playing like shit, but he won. Poor match.

DhammaTiger
Tommy :hug:

MIMIC
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
So many bitter tears in this thread :cool:

l_mac

Poor Novak, even the commentators think he was acting :awww:

Can't believe how much crowd support Robredo had. Nole is most certainly not the darling of New York this year.

GinaPL
after each lost set Nole HAD TO call for trainer.. :/ and few seconds after that he was running like a rabbit... disgusting disgusting disgusting :/

EnriqueIG8
Fakervic in full flow today. The commentator on my stream described it as "an Oscar-worthy performance" and used the word "disgusted" to describe Faker's antics at the end of the match. Spot on.

Yes, my stream commentator also said "Djokovic is kind off an actor and this performance is definitely Oscar-worthy".

Wolbo
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
Kudos to Djokovic who ones again bravely overcomes multiple horrific injuries to claim a heroic victory.

aeronatasha
09-02-2008, 08:39 PM
:bounce::bounce::bounce::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Why the hell did you lose that 1st set Nole?!! He just stopped playing at 30-0 and surrendered the next 8 points..

Great composure in the 5th.

He sure loves pulling a JJ on us every once in a while.

Didn't like Robredo's behaviour on several occasions, but good to see him pumped for a change.

Nole please go rest. You've got a mountain ahead of you.

vucina
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Why so bitter? :lol:

elessar
Poor Novak, even the commentators think he was acting :awww:

Ours mentionned people calling him "comedia dell arte" in the lockerroom and "la pleureuse" (="the crybaby") :awww:

dam0dred
Fakervic cheats his way to victory again. Congrats, asshole.

GorkaRobredo
This was a stölen matcht

an scarecrows the you say that Tommy is a cheater, and Nole Whith an dissgusting performance dooing like he has an injury and not admiting he was beatting to Robredo.

Robredo, good effort and know all tell him mug!But for the Organitasion is more confortable ti have Djockovic in the draz. This ball in the 5th was the change, and was a STOLEN MATCH

ReturnWinner
Fakervic was taking long breaks of more than 20 seconds even when Robredo served, acting like if he was going to die of course every time he won a point his "body language changed", and at the end he outlasted Robredo who is one of the fittest player in the tour.
of course his great fans are going to deny he took such a long breaks and acted as if he was going to die.

Deboogle!.
Can't believe how much crowd support Robredo had. Nole is most certainly not the darling of New York this year.Tommy has a long history of decent results at the USO, and the NYC crowd always cheers for the underdog... :shrug:

I don't like Novak, not even at all really, but I don't understand why people think he was faking

GinaPL
Why are you saying he faked? Didn't see the match.

after each lost set Nole HAD TO call for trainer.. and few seconds after that he was running like a rabbit... a bit disgusting :/

i didn't expect 5 sets, so bows to Robredo..

Vida
:lol: hilarious match....

good fight nole, for overcoming injury and drowning ****bredo :yeah:

elessar
09-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Didn't like Robredo's behaviour on several occasions, but good to see him pumped for a change.

:rolls:

arm

:shrug: Predictable. :spit:

Nole :woohoo: I'm proud. :kiss:

scarecrows
This was a stölen matcht

an scarecrows the you say that Tommy is a cheater, and Nole Whith an dissgusting performance dooing like he has an injury and not admiting he was beatting to Robredo.

Robredo, good effort and know all tell him mug!But for the Organitasion is more confortable ti have Djockovic in the draz. This ball in the 5th was the change, and was a STOLEN MATCH

they both are cheaters, today Nole was the better one :hug:

alias
09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Djokovic not happy he didn't get more love from the crowd.:lol:

Fumus
Faker or not, acting didn't win this match...sound shot making and the ability to hold his nerve in the big moments won Nole this match. These are things Robredo needs to do.

JimmyV
Djokovic deserves an oscar for today.

Condolences to Tommy. Horrible line call in the 5th, has to replay a point he won, falls down and hurts himself and then gets broken.

Allegretto
09-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I don't like Novak, not even at all really, but I don't understand why people think he was faking
Probably something to do with the fact he was limping around the court one minute, and then sprinting around it chasing down balls the next. Biggest drama queen on tour, no doubt.

dam0dred
Already predicted since the 2nd set. Nothing new. :lol:

You're right, his antics are nothing new.

It's no longer an 'accusation' either. Anyone who doesn't admit Novak uses gamesmanship to win matches is either a painfully deluded fanboy/girl or just an idiot.

Despicable behavior.

BackhandMissile
I only watched the first two sets before going off to dinner and then coming back and switching to the athletics (Powell ran the 100m in 9.72).

From what I saw, the Djokovic groundstrokes were not as fast as they could be. Also in the first set he kept on hitting backhand slices.

He'll definitely need to step it up if he wants to take on Federer and Nadal.

Vida
it was "back to the roots" match for novak.

Tobi
Bartoli and Novak must be the leading players to take most injury timeouts in a match :lol:

Still didnt expect Robredo to take it to final set though.

GinaPL
09-02-2008, 08:44 PM

because he's doing it so often. because when someone has problems so often during the game should have some problems in wining matches, Nole dont have any. And he's doing it always when he has some problems or when other guy is playin' good etc.. it's just too much sometimes...

Lee

Because insetad of what they really watch from the match, they listen to Euro's commentators :shrug:

Chiseller
Federer is toast.

MIMIC
This forum really hates Novak. I know it KILLS them to watch him win over and over. :lol:

rocketassist
09-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Fakervic, deserves an Oscar for that.

Glad I missed this match, two of the tour's biggest morons, boring people to death in a crap match.

In a way no sympathy for Boredo, as he's a faker and cheater as well.

l_mac

He has a reputation for it :shrug: Admitting it way back when probably didn't help his case.

I don't think he's a faker as such, but when he starts huffing and puffing, wincing, stretching etc I always know he'll find a way through.

I think Tommy lost it on that point at 15-15 in the 5th. The linesman made a bad call, Tommy had the point won but it had to be replayed.

yellowboy906
djoker is a faker. yeah we know that. if you don't like djokovic, sux to be you cause he'll keep faking for many years to come. btw, we don't need djoko's hater to keep reminding us how fake faker is. there's a reason why he's named fakervic. suck it up, fakervic's hater. long live faker. LMAO.

Deivid23
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Well done Nole and way to piss off more all those haters :haha:

*Ljubica*
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Congrats Nole :hug: Thanks for hanging in there and winning that match!

Commiserations and congrats on a great fight to Tommy and his fans :hatoff:

Predictable venom, spite, bitterness and laughable hate from the Djokovic haters - thanks guys - you never disappoint us with your boring and repetitive accusations - love you all :kiss:

Deboogle!.
09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
Probably something to do with the fact he was limping around the court one minute, and then sprinting around it chasing down balls the next. Biggest drama queen on tour, no doubt.I believe it's called adrenaline....

Anyway, Tommy reacted horribly after Novak first took the time out in the 2nd set, he could barely keep a ball in play until the 4th.... that's not Novak's fault.He has a reputation for it :shrug: Admitting it way back when probably didn't help his case.So that automatically means he was faking today? I actually think it was fairly clear that he wasn't faking today. But whatever. Doesn't matter to me at all as I didn't care about the outcome of the match :lol:

l_mac
09-02-2008, 08:47 PM
djoker is a faker. yeah we know that. if you don't like djokovic, sux to be you cause he'll keep faking for many years to come. btw, we don't need djoko's hater to keep reminding us how fake faker is. there's a reason why he's named fakervic. suck it up, fakervic's hater. long live faker. LMAO.

Great post.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Predictable venom, spite, bitterness and laughable hate from the Djokovic haters - thanks guys - you never disappoint us with your boring and repetitive accusations - love you all :kiss:

Right back atcha *Hypocritca* :hug:

MaryX
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice win :D
Nice faking :D
Keep doing all that until sunday :kiss:

GorkaRobredo
09-02-2008, 08:49 PM
And the Oscar goes TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DJOKOVIC!

Tommy you shown that you are the most fit player in the ATP. Spectacular fisic, and here is the result= Tommy has an very good tennis that he can be very close to an cheater like Novak.

ROBREDO PODEMOS!

Vida
This forum really hates Novak. I know it KILLS them to watch him win over and over. :lol:

cause there is a bunch of fed worshipers here who recognized he saw through feds bloody aura. exact same reason why fed will get stuck at no.12, since he lost it the moment someone showed his balls to him...

also, overeating on the humble pie that djokovic started serving at ao is bad for ones digestion. thats why so much barf over here.

gillian
Whew! Right now, I am feeling really good about making Djokovic my "paper" pick to win this tournament (i.e., My heart still wants to see Rafa win, but on paper, I'm going with Nole.)

Seeing him survive, first Cilic and now Robredo, makes me think he's growing up as a player.

pricdews
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Glad I missed this match, two of the tour's biggest morons, boring people to death in a crap match.

I see you're will to pass judgment without having seen the match?

Anyone else think Djokovic might have mild asthma?

Vida
And the Oscar goes TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DJOKOVIC!

Tommy you shown that you are the most fit player in the ATP. Spectacular fisic, and here is the result= Tommy has an very good tennis that he can be very close to an cheater like Novak.

ROBREDO PODEMOS!

tommy got joke-d

spriwi
fakrevic :ras:

hope fed spanks him to retirement in the semis :D

rocketassist
Makes me laugh seeing Fakertards/Boredo fans hating on the other for cheating when they're both pretty much one and the same- both a stain on the game.

arm

Condolences to Tommy. Horrible line call in the 5th, has to replay a point he won, falls down and hurts himself and then gets broken.

We are paying you way too much vCash for you to say that. :lol: We should fire you. :lol:

Garson007
I don't think he fakes as much as he's just a drama queen and a cry-baby. So it's more of a personality trait than gamesmanship. :shrug:

Steelq
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM

Said by the guy with Mr. Twat in his avatar.:spit:

I didnt knew its such a joy to come on this forum after Nole's wins,i will visit it more often in a future.:devil:

aeronatasha
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
:rolls:

Laugh all you want.
Novak gave Tommy a free point in the 1st set, applauded his shots well into 5th.. While Robredo argued and challenged every third call round the end of the 4th, even when it was more than clear he was wrong. But hey, it's his right.
Novak certainly didn't break his momentum taking time out at the end of the set, or when he was leading 3-1. Tommy did that to himself.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
So that automatically means he was faking today? I actually think it was fairly clear that he wasn't faking today. But whatever. Doesn't matter to me at all as I didn't care about the outcome of the match :lol:
No, no, of course not.

Like I said, the below post is closer to how I feel about Nole. You'll have to ask the commentators why they think he was acting.
I don't think he fakes as much as he's just a drama queen and a cry-baby. So it's more of a personality trait than gamesmanship. :shrug:

:yeah:

eric.cantona
09-02-2008, 08:53 PM
well done Nole!!!
i just don't understand people who say he was faking after seenig a slowmotion. all of you would finish in hospital after a twisted ankle like that :D
at the end he clearly showed what is necessary to win a match like this when the ball not listens to him :P

rocketassist
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Said by the guy with Mr. Twat in his avatar.:spit:

I didnt knew its such a joy to come on this forum after Nole's wins,i will visit it more often in a future.:devil:

A man who never fakes, never cheats and always credits his opponent, doesn't need to retire when he's getting his ass spanked (Monte Carlo)

Sommarsverige
09-02-2008, 08:55 PM
I am very sad that Tommy lost the match after that line call :sad:

But kudos to him for giving Nole such a great fight :hug: :yeah:

I am a Tommy fan and proud of it :)

Deboogle!.
No, no, of course not.

Like I said, the below post is closer to how I feel about Nole. You'll have to ask the commentators why they think he was acting.I wasn't questioning you specifically, I just think it's absolutely hilarious that 95% of the posts in this thread don't discuss the merits of the match at all, just accusing him of faking, cheating, calling him Fakervic, etc. And it was just so very predictable :lol: People don't even seem to think about it objectively, it's like an automatic - Djokovic+timeout=faking no matter what :lol:

Anyone want some popcorn :D

HeretiC
Eh Djoker Djoker, what did you do ? So many people around here saw a chance that Tommy might pull of an upset and you took it away from them. Now they will be 100 times more bitter than if you had won with a triple bagel. Shame on you.:mad:

elessar
also, overeating on the humble pie that djokovic started serving at ao is bad for ones digestion. thats why so much barf over here.
Good thing we've been dieting since Rome now :awww:
Laugh all you want.
Novak gave Tommy a free point in the 1st set, applauded his shots well into 5th.. While Robredo argued and challenged every third call round the end of the 4th, even when it was more than clear he was wrong. But hey, it's his right.
Novak certainly didn't break his momentum taking time out at the end of the set, or when he was leading 3-1. Tommy did that to himself.
http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/forum-shitz/pot-kettle-black.jpg

l_mac
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I wasn't questioning you specifically, I just think it's absolutely hilarious that 95% of the posts in this thread don't discuss the merits of the match at all, just accusing him of faking, cheating, calling him Fakervic, etc. And it was just so very predictable :lol: People don't even seem to think about it objectively, it's like an automatic - Djokovic+timeout=faking no matter what :lol:

Sure. The detractors are predictable with the Faker! or sarcastic Well done for battling through! and his fans are equally predictable with their Proud of you! Haters are so bitter! posts.

MTF - :worship:

l_mac
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Good thing we've been dieting since Rome now :awww:

http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/images/by-GT/forum-shitz/pot-kettle-black.jpg

:spit:

rrfnpump
09-02-2008, 08:58 PM
Nice try, Tommy. :hug:

ReturnWinner
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
as expected No replies to my post about Fakervic's incredible time delays acting as if he was going to die and pretending as if he is about to retire, that is a huge advantage he gets plus that bothers his rivals pretty match besides representing a lack of respect toward his rivals and the crowd.

Vida
Sure. The detractors are predictable with the Faker! or sarcastic Well done for battling through! and his fans are equally predictable with their Proud of you! Haters are so bitter! posts.

MTF - :worship:

don't think youre any less predictable.

scoobs
So, any thoughts on the tennis?

rafa the best
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
,,, and the Oscar goes to...

Vida
09-02-2008, 09:01 PM

:worship:

finishingmove
good win for the "crybaby faker" .

i fell asleep during the 4th set and dont know what happened then, but i saw the ending and djokovic did well to win it.

good play from djokovic despite the many errors and a win, which is what matters

Deboogle!.
So, any thoughts on the tennis?disappointingly low-quality. Lots of really poor errors from both, and neither played well at the same time except maybe the end of the fourth/first couple games of the fifth.

Roddickominator
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Awful for a 5-set affair. Djokovic played like a clown most of the match....which kinda goes without saying if a mug like Robredo is taking you to 5. The injury faking was pathetic, but expected. Djokovic is turning into the old Murray with that mopey attitude. Get it together man, you're in the QF's of a slam.

scoobs
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Wasn't the best match - the interest really being the drama of Robredo getting it into a fifth set but he disappointed once he got it there.

Lee
09-02-2008, 09:03 PM

Surprising good match from Tommy but he could not maintain his level and was mentally weaker than Djokovic.

Djokovic finally broke down Tommy's backhand in the 5th set and won many points from Tommy's backhand UEs. Absolutely no emotion for Djokovic in the first 3 1/2 sets, very bad for him but not surprising as this is the norm for most of his matches this hard court season.

Steelq
A man who never fakes, never cheats and always credits his opponent, doesn't need to retire when he's getting his ass spanked (Monte Carlo)

And how exactly do you know he is faking injuries,are you his personal doctor or something?And even if hes faking it cannot be called cheating,cuz cheating=breaking the rules,which hes not doing.

MaryX
and the Oscar goes to...

the one who repeats it one more time.

l_mac
don't think youre any less predictable.

I count myself among the detractor group, sweetie :hug:

Sorry scoobs. Back to the match - the standard of tennis was, for the most part, poor.

Jōris
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Man, next time Nole should ask his mother for a kissy-wissy on his nosey-wosey to make the owie go bye bye.

Relieved he's through though.

Running:Free
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Djokovic once proved again that he was faking the injury

Disgusting cheater and faker... his constant gamesmanship is a disgrace to the game.

Fakervic is a disgrace to tennis

There was all sorts of "faking" and "drama". Heck I'm beginning to believe that if the Joker plays badly, he fakes an injury.

Faker at its best :)

Djokovic: Shameful performance. I nominate you for the Oscar next year.

What a figther Novak is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOT.

Cant agree more with fellow "Faking" posts.

after each lost set Nole HAD TO call for trainer.. :/ and few seconds after that he was running like a rabbit... disgusting disgusting disgusting :/

Fakervic cheats his way to victory again. Congrats, asshole.

fakrevic :ras:

If someone had put money on GM's predictability, they would be a millionaire at the mo. :yeah:

Tommy :hatoff: "Grinder" Robredo had the 18/20 net-points won stat at one point in the fourth set. Gave it his all.

Novak :hug: Fake some more on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday! :p

tangerine_dream
09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Hip injuries, ankle sprains, breathing problems, bathroom breaks, tummy aches, and then when it was over he crawled off the court asking for food, water, and his mama. Nole's trainer has two days to work his magic and get him ready for the QF.

Great effort from both players, but I'm not feeling the same positive energy from Novak this year as last year when he beat Stepanek in five sets. It's like watching a different player nowadays. He's flat, he's playing too passively, he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself out there anymore, and he wonders why the crowd isn't on his side? (Michael Barkham commented directly on it, saying, "Why do you keep track of these things?") Where's the happy go lucky Novak who looked like he was having a blast on court? The guy who had the USO crowd in his pocket? Hope he can get it back together soon.

Vida
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Bredo did play well on occasion, displayed unorthodox fighting spirit and expression. But something's wrong with Novak, and its not only confidence (safin-and-on thing). Perhaps OG trip really got to him...

I don't see him going through Roddick/Gonzo.

Time Violation
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Maybe a drama queen, but think there is no rule against being a drama queen, no? :p He won and it's all that matters. ;)

thrust
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM

I, who usually root for Novak, was not happy with his remarks and attitude towards Robredo at the end of the match. Between his antics and Courier^s comments I began to root for Tommy. Courier really does LOVE Roger!

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
Man. I don't know which one I am more excited about. The news that Randy Couture will be fighting Lesnar or that Djokovic finally made it past the overrated Robredo. I got to admit though that Novak will probably won't win it all.

vucina
09-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Hip injuries, ankle sprains, breathing problems, bathroom breaks, tummy aches, and then when it was over he crawled off the court asking for food, water, and his mama. Nole's trainer has two days to work his magic and get him ready for the QF.

Great effort from both players, but I'm not feeling the same positive energy from Novak this year as last year when he beat Stepanek in five sets. It's like watching a different player nowadays. He's flat, he's playing too passively, he doesn't seem to be enjoying himself out there anymore, and he wonders why the crowd isn't on his side? (Michael Barkham commented directly on it, saying, "Why do you keep track of these things?") Where's the happy go lucky Novak who looked like he was having a blast on court? The guy who had the USO crowd in his pocket? Hope he can get it back together soon.

He said that? Wow, on Eurosport you can't hear him wondering about lack of support. I wish I had your channel.

HeretiC
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM

:yeah: Absolutely agree, he should have fight untill the end and win that match, like Murray did against Gulbis in Queens after being set down and he did it with broken thumb and multiple fractures on his ribs, back and leg.

Deboogle!.
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
He said that? Wow, on Eurosport you can't hear him wondering about lack of support. I wish I had your channel.Yes he did, and it was rather strange, considering how well-known it is that the NYC crowd roots for the underdog. But his comment about Johnny Mac's wife the other night was even weirder IMO

I think a couple of Murray fans are forgetting his match against Haas last year or so when he got treated and played possum countless times in that match and yet still ran and dug out of it in the end. Not saying Murray was faking either but come on now :lol: this guy plays possum on tour as much as Djokovic :lol:

safinalium
09-02-2008, 09:16 PM
how come anytime a player has some injury problems he's always accused of faking? :rolleyes: you can't know how he's feeling and without proof accusing somebody of faking makes you no better

anyways, congrats to Djokovic, i didn't expect such a tough match against Robredo but he put up a nice fight. not very good level of tennis but i still think Novak is reaching the final (the least) ;)

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Yes he did, and it was rather strange, considering how well-known it is that the NYC crowd roots for the underdog. But his comment about Johnny Mac's wife the other night was even weirder IMO

I think a couple of Murray fans are forgetting his match against Haas last year or so when he got treated and played possum countless times in that match and yet still ran and dug out of it in the end. Not saying Murray was faking either but come on now :lol: this guy plays possum on tour as much as Djokovic :lol:

I think Haas is a disgusting player for losing that match. Even a mental midget should be able to crush a possum.

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 09:19 PM
I wasn't questioning you specifically, I just think it's absolutely hilarious that 95% of the posts in this thread don't discuss the merits of the match at all, just accusing him of faking, cheating, calling him Fakervic, etc. And it was just so very predictable :lol: People don't even seem to think about it objectively, it's like an automatic - Djokovic+timeout=faking no matter what :lol:

We were saying this in the first set on the Nolethread. Sheeplike - why bother to think for yourself when you can parrot others.

He clearly pulled a muscle in his hip in the first set - we were treated to it in slomo several times. So is the argument that he shouldn't be allowed to get it treated and take painkillers? And having had the painkillers, there will be a delay until they work, hence he will limp until they take effect and then the pain will cease.

He was overheard last week saying he's had a stomach upset for a few days.

And he did turn his ankle in the last set but it is accepted that endorphins and adrenaline allow sportsmen to play through pain. He will probably suffer for it tomorrow.

And yes he had breathing problems.

But there is little point stating facts here so I will cease to waste my breath.

Eh Djoker Djoker, what did you do ? So many people around here saw a chance that Tommy might pull of an upset and you took it away from them. Now they will be 100 times more bitter than if you had won with a triple bagel. Shame on you.:mad:

That's more like it.

ReturnWinner
09-02-2008, 09:21 PM
how come anytime a player has some injury problems he's always accused of faking? :rolleyes: you can't know how he's feeling and without proof accusing somebody of faking makes you no better

anyways, congrats to Djokovic, i didn't expect such a tough match against Robredo but he put up a nice fight. not very good level of tennis but i still think Novak is reaching the final (the least) ;)

very most players are not accused of faking ,whereas Fakervic has a long history with this.

GorkaRobredo
09-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Thank you Tommy for your effort, and yes IS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER AND I AM VERY PROUD!

Regards to all Robredo's fans, we are many and in the end, we have to say that it was a good tournemet. Very close to top 10 again and for those how hate tommy, this player has and spectacular regulity since years.

Thank for all good words for traditional haters.

ReturnWinner
09-02-2008, 09:23 PM
still i am wating a reply for two of my post in this thread about those ridiculous long breaks he took every time when he was going to serve and even when robredo served.

ReturnWinner
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
why the exxagerations, why when he was winning all of a sudden he was healthy.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
Where's the happy go lucky Novak who looked like he was having a blast on court? The guy who had the USO crowd in his pocket? Hope he can get it back together soon.

He's probably just a bit jaded. Last year everything was positive, he gained titles, points, fans everywhere he went. This year he's finding it harder. I'm sure most players would. And it's been a tough year schedule wise for all the players.

I also think that after he won in Australia, the expectation in his camp was that he would be where Rafa is now. I remember him being introduced at that Eurovision thing as Serbia's "soon to be #1 player of the world." That's a lot of pressure. And I think the three successive defeats to Nadal hurt him mentally, especially the Queen's final. But I know I am very biased when it comes to Novak, and practically incapable of objective reasoning. :lol:

scoobs
09-02-2008, 09:29 PM
Yes he did, and it was rather strange, considering how well-known it is that the NYC crowd roots for the underdog. But his comment about Johnny Mac's wife the other night was even weirder IMO

It's "give a dog a bad name and hang him" mentality.

Murray has called injury timeouts in matches on the odd occasion (though usually for physical ailments, not "not feeling well" type problems) but he doesn't seem to have had any reputation stick on that - perhaps because in all his 5 setters I don't think I have seen him do it (apart from the time he threw up on Grandstand in 2005 ;) )

Djokovic though - he's been tarred with this brush now and it's stuck to him - commentators talk about his command performances, players think he uses it as an extra weapon, and many tennis fans distrust him on it. Look at the reaction on MTF - every single time he calls a timeout in a match he gets called faker, no matter how legitimate it may seem, no matter the circumstances.

Is it fair?

No

But it's extremely difficult to overturn.

On the Nole wants crowd love subject - first of all, maybe he tries to hard for it - they revere Federer but he won the title 4 times and earned their respect over a long period. I'm sure in 2004 they didn't give much of a damn. It takes time for the crowds to know and appreciate you - and they're less likely to, IMO, if you seem too needy on the subject. Like in dating - needy people are such a turn-off. Plus - all the fuss over his injury timeouts - as I say the impression is around that he uses all possible levers to bring a win if the tennis alone doesn't seem to be doing it. That's grossly unfair but that's where we are.

As for the match. I've been saying all week that Nole looked off. He didn't look happy in any of his matches, no swagger, no insouciance, no sense of him being on the march and happy to be out there competing, having a blast. He's looked tense and he's looked like it's all a struggle - weight of the world on his shoulders stuff.

And physically he seems worse off this year than last - he went 5 hours no problem with Stepanek, yeah, a bit tired but came back, recovered, made the finals and apparently had the energy, just not at that stage the belief and experience to topple Federer.

This year, he's out on his feet in matches that go 2 hrs 30 in the heat. Not just here. Similar in Cincy. I don't get it.

The tennis out there was very patchy. Some entertaining points, especially when Robredo got it going and they went hammer and tongs. But very uneven and mostly it was just the drama of Robredo dragging Djokovic to 5 that kept the interest. Then Robredo was a bit disappointing - he got where he needed to be and then didn't know what to do once there, Djokovic seemed to summon up a bit of reserves from somewhere and that's all she wrote.

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 09:31 PM
He's probably just a bit jaded. Last year everything was positive, he gained titles, points, fans everywhere he went. This year he's finding it harder. I'm sure most players would. And it's been a tough year schedule wise for all the players.

I also think that after he won in Australia, the expectation in his camp was that he would be where Rafa is now. I remember him being introduced at that Eurovision thing as Serbia's "soon to be #1 player of the world." That's a lot of pressure. And I think the three successive defeats to Nadal hurt him mentally, especially the Queen's final. But I know I am very biased when it comes to Novak, and practically incapable of objective reasoning. :lol:

That thump was me hitting the floor as you just voiced my own thoughts.

theblejach
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
thank you nole for leaving in life this tournament. we are waiting final against rafa, the best of today tennis can offer to us, for sure :devil::devil::devil:

Tom Paulman
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow, Djokovic is a faker. That's some shocking news

Lopez
09-02-2008, 09:36 PM
About the match, Nole played a couple of poor games at the end of the first set to lose it, then played well the second two sets, lost the fourth stupidly and then fought and dug deep to take the fifth.

I do think the time-out was not faking and that he indeed was struggling, his movement to his forehand was definitely not good and Tommy always got points when he made Nole move to his forehand. However, I also think that Nole was overacting, using mind games and gamesmanship to get under Robredo's skin. I think it's a strategy and a bit of his nature also :shrug:

In the end, Nole won this with his head, and he was rightly pointing at it in the end. He played the fifth set really smart: high percentage, attacking tennis, not giving Robredo chances to move him around. Whether or not mind games were also a part of this victory with his head, that can be discussed.

Nevertheless I'm happy to see Nole advance, and hope that he or Roger wins :)

l_mac
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
That thump was me hitting the floor as you just voiced my own thoughts.

:eek:

And Lee agreed with me earlier in the week ... :unsure:

Don't worry, I'm sure it's just a one off. :p

Deboogle!.
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM

I also think that after he won in Australia, the expectation in his camp was that he would be where Rafa is now. I remember him being introduced at that Eurovision thing as Serbia's "soon to be #1 player of the world." That's a lot of pressure. And I think the three successive defeats to Nadal hurt him mentally, especially the Queen's final. But I know I am very biased when it comes to Novak, and practically incapable of objective reasoning. :lol:I think you are right - it is a lot easier to perform without expectations.

It's "give a dog a bad name and hang him" mentality.

Murray has called injury timeouts in matches on the odd occasion (though usually for physical ailments, not "not feeling well" type problems) but he doesn't seem to have had any reputation stick on that - perhaps because in all his 5 setters I don't think I have seen him do it (apart from the time he threw up on Grandstand in 2005 ;) )don't get me wrong I wasn't trying to rag on Murray, I just think it's funny that a couple of his fans are harping on Novak when Murray has done a very similar overdramatic thing at least once in his career. Maybe not in 5-setters but I think it's undeniable that Murray has, in the past, had some kind of hangdog, looking at a leg, complaining about this that or the other thing only to appear fine during points. For that matter, so have a lot of players. as I said earlier in this thread I think adrenaline is to blame more than anything - once the point starts these guys just block it out and then they start limping in between points.

Djokovic though - he's been tarred with this brush now and it's stuck to him - commentators talk about his command performances, players think he uses it as an extra weapon, and many tennis fans distrust him on it. Look at the reaction on MTF - every single time he calls a timeout in a match he gets called faker, no matter how legitimate it may seem, no matter the circumstances.IMO this says more about these MTF posters than it does Djokovic. But you're right :lol:

The tennis out there was very patchy. Some entertaining points, especially when Robredo got it going and they went hammer and tongs. But very uneven and mostly it was just the drama of Robredo dragging Djokovic to 5 that kept the interest. Then Robredo was a bit disappointing - he got where he needed to be and then didn't know what to do once there, Djokovic seemed to summon up a bit of reserves from somewhere and that's all she wrote.For me the most disappointing thing of all was that right after the timeout at 3-0 in the 2nd, Robredo could barely seem to keep a ball in play. What he should've done was play it safe and try to run Novak especially to his forehand and he wasn't doing that very well, also his serve dropped off quite a lot - I think sets 2 and 3 should've been closer - to me it was obvious that Djokovic was struggling physically and Robredo did not take advantage of it until late in the 4th

HeretiC
09-02-2008, 09:41 PM
And back to the match. And again I find myself admiring to Robredo. Few years ago I was wondering how can that guy with no special skills be a top player, I mean he has decent shots and everything but he does not possesses anything extraordinary and despite that he was very successful. It took me while to see that he has brain. He is an observer, he is observing the opponents game and transform his game to suit the situation and he can do it multiple times in a match. He is grinding if when necessary, transforming defense and endless running into fast offense, or drawing players on net to hit passing shots. He did many good things tonight, giving it all in the first set to get a lead, heavily utilizing Novak's bad BH, played big points calm and smart, saving a lot of BP and using his BP chances with great percentage. But unfortunately for him , it wasn't enough. On the other side Novak played below par, he is far from the form he had last year, his volleys and half volleys got worse, his BH could have cost him a match. If he doesn't up his level he is not passing the QF's.

Lee
09-02-2008, 09:44 PM

You're losing your touch. :p

Hope you'll rebounce :unsure:

rafa the best
09-02-2008, 09:47 PM
cause there is a bunch of fed worshipers here who recognized he saw through feds bloody aura. exact same reason why fed will get stuck at no.12, since he lost it the moment someone showed his balls to him...

Like Djokovic was the first one to beat him:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tangerine_dream
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I think the pressure of expectations is definitely getting to Novak. He's now expected to win all of the time, he's no longer the surprise party-crasher or the Cinderella Man, he's one of the Big Three. Plus, both he and Nadal are looking tired and out of it this week, I blame that on the Olympics. His losses to Rafa probably hurt him too because now he's stuck at number three for a while. But if he wins USO then he could become world number two, so you'd think that would spur him on some.

~Maya~
09-02-2008, 09:49 PM
I guess Djokovic is the only Tennis player who is not allowed to call a trainer. Rafa calls the trainer just before his opponent is about to serve. Then runs around like a rabbit. You don't hear Nole's fans complaining about it. I know it was hard for you haters to watch 5 sets just to see Nole win. Don't worry he will probably lose his next match and make your day. Or your year

Match was painful. Novak is not enjoying himself on the court anymore. I do think that he is a little bit of a hypochondriac. I don't think he is going to beat Roddick since he made it so hard for himself.

Credit to Robredo. I hope he does not suffer any consequences after the fall in the fifth

l_mac
09-02-2008, 09:50 PM
You're losing your touch. :p

Hope you'll rebounce :unsure:

:sad: At my core I'm still an evil, obnoxious hater.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
I guess Djokovic is the only Tennis player who is not allowed to call a trainer. Rafa calls the trainer just before his opponent is about to serve. Then runs around like a rabbit. You don't hear Nole's fans complaining about it. I know it was hard for you haters to watch 5 sets just to see Nole win. Don't worry he will probably lose his next match and make your day. Or your year

:haha: :haha: :haha:

To be sure, Nole is the only player who gets a lot of stick on GM :hug: :hug:

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM

Have always admired the astuteness of people who agree with me. I'll give you a B- and put you on probation.

connectolove
09-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Thi one HURSTSSSSS! It isn't fair at all.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Have always admired the astuteness of people who agree with me. I'll give you a B- and put you on probation.

:hatoff:

But I'll be back to an F before you know it :awww:

Just saw an interview with Novak on Sky and that idiot Mark Petchey. He said he thought this match would be good for his mental toughness, and that Robredo played well to break back in the 4th set. I'm pretty sure he gave that 4th set away through his own crappy play, but I suppose Tommy deserves some credit.

Lee
09-02-2008, 10:19 PM
:hatoff:

But I'll be back to an F before you know it :awww:

Just saw an interview with Novak on Sky and that idiot Mark Petchey. He said he thought this match would be good for his mental toughness, and that Robredo played well to break back in the 4th set. I'm pretty sure he gave that 4th set away through his own crappy play, but I suppose Tommy deserves some credit.

Tommy deserves some credits as he really stepped up his game and put some energy to the match.

zeleni
09-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Did you see when Fakervic gave point to Robredo in the first set (Robredo served and the ball was called out, but Faker admitted it was ace)?:) What a disgrace for tennis! :mad:

Great fight, Nole. Keep going man.:)

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Did you see when Fakervic gave point to Robredo in the first set (Robredo served and the ball was called out, but Faker admitted it was ace)?:) What a disgrace for tennis! :mad:

Bah - you don't fool us. He only did it to try to get the crowd on his side. And it didn't work.

~Maya~
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM

Great fight, Nole. Keep going man.:)

Haters have selective hearing and some frames just go to fast in front of them

rocketassist
09-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Murray was limping for a long time in that Haas match.

He only started to look like he could move well at the end of the match. Not to mention he was trying to hit a winner on almost every ball during that third set.

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 10:49 PM

He only started to look like he could move well at the end of the match. Not to mention he was trying to hit a winner on almost every ball during that third set.

By your definition if he was limping but then began to move well he must have been faking. Think about it.

~Maya~
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Commentators were mentioning Novak's problems with his leg from the beginning of his match. :ras:

His former couch who was commentating one of his matches (Murray's)said that he likes to play mind games with that limping stuff. I am just mentioning this because of hypocrisy around here. I have nothing against Murray

scoobs
09-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Commentators were mentioning Novak's problems with his leg from the beginning of his match. :ras:

His former couch who was commentating one of his matches (Murray's)said that he likes to play mind games with that limping stuff. I am just mentioning this because of hypocrisy around here. I have nothing against Murray
Confusing 2 things here. In the Haas match when he hurt his ankle he was actually limping for a while but seemed to move better towards the end.

In general though, Andy does sorta project a low-energy demeanour from the back of the court between points - likes opponents not to be able to tell what his energy levels are like at a given stage of the match so he always looks a bit hangdog, loping around.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 10:59 PM
Try to keep on topic, scoobs :rolleyes:

As a mod you should be setting an example to us lesser beings :p

scoobs
09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Try to keep on topic, scoobs :rolleyes:

As a mod you should be setting an example to us lesser beings :p
You can be modded too darling ;)

But point taken.

Back to this match.

leng jai
09-02-2008, 11:03 PM
Wow, I almost broke down and cried after the match, it was that amazing. I just wanted to give both guys a hug and to tell Robredo that "I finally understand how you made the ranking of 5". Kudos to two of the finest sportsmen to have ever graced a tennis court. Djokovic was astonishing how he managed to fight through the excruciating injury, he should be commended for taking so few injury timeouts. It was a shame someone had to lose, its one of the rare instances where both guys thoroughly deserved the victory. Djokovic should be handed the trophy after this herculean effort.

This is tennis.

scoobs
09-02-2008, 11:05 PM
Wow, I almost broke down and cried after the match, it was that amazing. I just wanted to give both guys a hug and to tell Robredo that "I finally understand how you made the ranking of 5". Kudos to two of the finest sportsmen to have ever graced a tennis court. Djokovic was astonishing how he managed to fight through the excruciating injury, he should be commended for taking so few injury timeouts. It was a shame someone had to lose, its one of the rare instances where both guys thoroughly deserved the victory. Djokovic should be handed the trophy after this herculean effort.

This is tennis.
Does that tongue ever get stuck in that cheek?

Lee
09-02-2008, 11:07 PM

That's a very good post. :p

leng jai
09-02-2008, 11:09 PM

No, my tongue fainted after experiencing what frankly, must be God's gift to tennis fans.

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 11:10 PM

This is tennis.

If you can fake sincerity there is no limit to what you can achieve.

ReturnWinner
09-02-2008, 11:12 PM
Q. You sound like you don't believe Djokovic's ailments . Is that true?

TOMMY ROBREDO: That's not that I don't believe. I have pain, as well. I was running like hell and my feet were burning but I say nothing, no? I think that if you're not fit enough, then don't play.

But after every time he was asking for a trainer, he was running like hell and he was making the shot, but he does what he does a lot of times.

So I think we should take care a lot more of these things, because one thing is that if you fell down like I did, I can have blood and it's normal that trainer gets in because there's blood or whatever. But for having pain, I had pain, as well, all over my body because I think I run a lot more than him, and I said nothing, no?

So did I trust him? No. No. I think he took his time because he did it because he was a little bit more tired and that's a part of the game. It help him a lot.

Or Levy
09-02-2008, 11:17 PM
You should also quote that part:

Q. You were so upset with the linesman. Why?

TOMMY ROBREDO: Why? Because if we break one racquet, we have to pay $5,000 or whatever thing like this, and when the linesman make a mistake like the one he did, then he can change the match, then it's nothing, no?

It was I think 2‑All, serving ‑‑ I was serving against the wind, and winning that point was 30‑15 for me. So the game, it was pretty close for my side. Also Novak was doing the show, that he was ‑‑ that he couldn't run. So in that moment, I think that point was so important, and the ball was clearly inside the line.

So that's why I was so pissed, no? Because a ball like that can change a match, and I think it did it.

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:20 PM
Robredo talking about gamesmanship :spit:

Lee
Honestly, I like Robredo but that's a very good example of the pot calling the kettle black. :o

Lee
Robredo talking about gamesmanship :spit:

You should post that gif you have earlier here.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I agree with Robredo about the call that decided the course of the match.

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:25 PM
You should post that gif you have earlier here.
I thought about it, but I wanted the first one to be special :sad:

Lee
09-02-2008, 11:25 PM

:ras:

Lee
09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
I agree with Robredo about the call that decided the course of the match.

What's the excuse for losing the 9th game in 5th set then? :shrug:

l_mac

And you don't want to overdo things, Claire.

elessar
:ras:
Shouldn't you keep that smiley for Linda :sad:
She's hatering all over the thread :awww:

l_mac
09-02-2008, 11:28 PM
What's the excuse for losing the 9th game in 5th set then? :shrug:

I don't have one :shrug: I just think that point was pivitol in how the match turned out.

Lee
09-02-2008, 11:29 PM
:ras: Linda

Happy now?

leng jai
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
Back to thoughts on this quality match thanks ladies.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 11:30 PM
:awww:

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:31 PM
And you don't want to overdo things, Claire.
Exactly.
I've been going with a much more subtle approach lately, it's been so subtle that nobody noticed :bigcry:
:ras: Linda

Happy now?
Very :worship:

elessar
You're mean :awww:

schorsch
I see you're will to pass judgment without having seen the match?

Anyone else think Djokovic might have mild asthma?

he doesnt, but he had a nose operation, because of breathing problems. and you still can see him do a weird thing with his nose at times.

i just wished nole would train in some hot invironment and not monaco this offseason, cause he lacks energy in heat/sun.

and btw. djoko pulled his thigh/hip region and also rolled over his ankle again. it was shown in replay.

all of this doesnt bode well when you play a backboard like boredo.

Lee
09-02-2008, 11:33 PM
:o

Herdwick
09-02-2008, 11:33 PM
It's Nole-thread bingo time. We've had almost a full house tonight in terms of both players and points made.

l_mac
09-02-2008, 11:34 PM

I don't believe you watched a second of it.

My favourite part was when Nole gave Robredo a point after a serve of his (ace) had been wrongly called out. He was clearly trying to win over the crowd :) but only about 6 people clapped him :lol:

Shiras kept saying that Djokovic should use the dropshot more - he misses the days when Nole used the dropshot frequently. That also made me laugh.

leng jai
09-02-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't believe you watched a second of it.

Busted :sad:

l_mac
09-02-2008, 11:37 PM
:lol:

fast_clay
09-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Ours mentionned people calling him "comedia dell arte" in the lockerroom and "la pleureuse" (="the crybaby") :awww:

:lol:

MaryX
09-02-2008, 11:41 PM
I am very proud of Novak, faked it till the end-never gave up ;)

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm hoping Roger can follow his example now :rocker2:

leng jai
09-02-2008, 11:44 PM
I'm hoping Roger can follow his example now :rocker2:

The backhand is back to RG 08 Claire :worship:

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:45 PM
The backhand is back to RG 08 Claire :worship:
I knew it would :bigcry:

I'm blaming you for this :sad:

Lee
09-02-2008, 11:46 PM
Shiras kept saying that Djokovic should use the dropshot more - he misses the days when Nole used the dropshot frequently. That also made me laugh.

:rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

HeretiC
09-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Djokovic haters with busted hopes that he could have lost in a fifth, in a half hour Federer haters will be disappointed that he did not loose in fifth, I hope tomorrow Nadal will escape losing in five sets, so all the haters of MTF will unite in their misery. Fun times, isn't it? :p

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:52 PM
It's not over Heretic, Roger has all the time in the world to choke now :rocker2:

The Nolefans must be loving me right now, a few more posts and I'm sure I'll get this thread locked :cool:

EDIT : Scoobs :hug:

Forehander
09-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Both deserve to be just kicked out of the tournament. Garbage match garbage players.

finishingmove
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
Both deserve to be just kicked out of the tournament. Garbage match garbage players.

u deserve the arseclown award, no ?

HeretiC
09-02-2008, 11:58 PM
It's not over Heretic, Roger has all the time in the world to choke now :rocker2:

The Nolefans must be loving me right now, a few more posts and I'm sure I'll get this thread locked :cool:

EDIT : Scoobs :hug:

Trust in me, didn't you know that I have a crystal ball?:devil:

elessar
09-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Thrust in me, didn't you know that I have a crystal ball?:devil:
:spit:
I'm saving this post :hearts: :rolls:

tangerine_dream
09-03-2008, 12:02 AM
Thrust in me, didn't you know that I have a crystal ball?:devil:
Wait a minute. What? :lol:

HeretiC
09-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh c'mon it is just a typo. Before I saw it and corected it you have already quote it. It happens. :haha:

ChinoRios4Ever
09-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Fakervic is baaaaaaaaaaaaaack :worship:

elessar
09-03-2008, 12:18 AM
Oh c'mon it is just a typo. Before I saw it and corected it you have already quote it. It happens. :haha:
Indeed it does, we just made sure people knew it happened :hug:

:D

Pfloyd
09-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Djokovic and sportsmanship just don't add up.

HeretiC
09-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Indeed it does, we just made sure people knew it happened :hug:

:D

Oh that is so nasty from you and when I think that I was trying to comfort you about the final score with my crystal ball. I am so disappointed.:sad:

Tennis Fool
09-03-2008, 01:05 AM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2008-09-02/200809021220393941461.html

You sound like you don't believe Djokovic's ailments . Is that true?

TOMMY ROBREDO: That's not that I don't believe. I have pain, as well. I was running like hell and my feet were burning but I say nothing, no? I think that if you're not fit enough, then don't play.

But after every time he was asking for a trainer, he was running like hell and he was making the shot, but he does what he does a lot of times.

So I think we should take care a lot more of these things, because one thing is that if you fell down like I did, I can have blood and it's normal that trainer gets in because there's blood or whatever. But for having pain, I had pain, as well, all over my body because I think I run a lot more than him, and I said nothing, no?

So did I trust him? No. No. I think he took his time because he did it because he was a little bit more tired and that's a part of the game. It help him a lot.

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Boredo is the last person on earth who has the right to complain about someone faking/cheating in a match.

MIMIC
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM
Well if a player came back onto the court limping and unable to play then the trainer obviously didn't do his job. DUH Besides, is it illegal to call the trainer? What the heck is all of the fuss about?

Bitter tears.

Robreto is just mad that every time he challenged a shot, it was out. And he ONLY challenged on break/game points.

camnation
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM
I honestly don't see it... it's not like Djokovic broke Robredo's momentum or anything. Djokovic only took one medical time-out and saw the trainer a second time during the 90 second changeover as far as my memory serves me. What's he whining about?

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 01:11 AM
i dont know what all the fuss is about... i just heard Novak called for coffee a few times to keep him awake...

wilmar
09-03-2008, 01:16 AM
It will be interesting to see how Djokovic recovers from his last 2 tiring matches.

Oh for sure he will recover well, especially when he easily squeezes in the rest time during his next match on court. Just have more chit-chat-cum-spa sessions with the medical personel. It's what he does best to make sure he win the matches.:angel:

finishingmove
09-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Q. Did you feel residual results? I mean, coming off of that late‑night match coming in today, did you, starting out even in the first set, did you feel like you had less in the tank than you would ordinarily like?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, I did. There is no doubt about that. I didn't feel well. The moment I stepped on the court, I felt, already, as you said, less energy in the tank. So I really tried to forget about that, to eliminate those things, but I just had to, you know. I had to take a medical timeout a couple of times, go to the bathroom, because just many things involved. You know, I want to do everything to win.

vamos...

dj_mercury
09-03-2008, 01:22 AM
You know, I want to do everything to win.
He even admits it. Anyway I personally think that there is nothing wrong in asking for medical care as long as the rules allows you, what I want really to see is the referee starting to enforce the 25 seconds rule, because it's clear that both Nadal and Djokovic are abusing it and this is not fair towards the other players. A rule is there to be respected and one warning during a match is clearly not enough, when they are still taking time after time adjusting all their apparels or bouncing the balls 100x times before serving even after being already warned.

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 01:23 AM
Fakervic is a cheater and even admits it. What a joke nobody does anything about it.

wilmar
09-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Q. Did you feel residual results? I mean, coming off of that late‑night match coming in today, did you, starting out even in the first set, did you feel like you had less in the tank than you would ordinarily like?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Yes, I did. There is no doubt about that. I didn't feel well. The moment I stepped on the court, I felt, already, as you said, less energy in the tank. So I really tried to forget about that, to eliminate those things, but I just had to, you know. I had to take a medical timeout a couple of times, go to the bathroom, because just many things involved. You know, I want to do everything to win.

vamos...

Genuine sportsmanship!
True Olympic Spirit!
Tennis' Pride and Joy!

elessar
09-03-2008, 01:24 AM
Oh that is so nasty from you and when I think that I was trying to comfort you about the final score with my crystal ball. I am so disappointed.:sad:
:hug:
I was just lashing out because Roger was being too pathetic to bear again :sad:

finishingmove
09-03-2008, 01:25 AM

MTF :worship:

keep it coming folks

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 01:27 AM
Honestly, I like Robredo but that's a very good example of the pot calling the kettle black. :o

You seem to like all fakers in tennis.

wilmar
09-03-2008, 01:28 AM
Q. You were so upset with the linesman. Why?

TOMMY ROBREDO: Why? Because if we break one racquet, we have to pay $5,000 or whatever thing like this, and when the linesman make a mistake like the one he did, then he can change the match, then it's nothing, no?

It was I think 2‑All, serving ‑‑ I was serving against the wind, and winning that point was 30‑15 for me. So the game, it was pretty close for my side. Also Novak was doing the show, that he was ‑‑ that he couldn't run. So in that moment, I think that point was so important, and the ball was clearly inside the line.

So that's why I was so pissed, no? Because a ball like that can change a match, and I think it did it.

CassL
So Robredo couldn't take the heat. What's new?

fast_clay
i would rather novak throw his racquet at his opponent and hit him in the throat than pull sh!t like that.. at least no one is being a pussy then... its on a par with 'diving' in football and will probably spread like cancer as well...

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 01:31 AM
He even admits it. Anyway I personally think that there is nothing wrong in asking for medical care as long as the rules allows you, what I want really to see is the referee starting to enforce the 25 seconds rule, because it's clear that both Nadal and Djokovic are abusing it and this is not fair towards the other players. A rule is there to be respected and one warning during a match is clearly not enough, when they are still taking time after time adjusting all their apparels or bouncing the balls 100x times before serving even after being already warned.

its ok... dont worry... what goes around... you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf...?

one day, novak will call for the trainer ... and he won't come out... but, this time it will be genuine like a compound fracture or broken testicle...

leng jai
09-03-2008, 01:36 AM
Watching the press conference is fucking hilarious with his accent :haha:

Clydey
09-03-2008, 01:38 AM
its ok... dont worry... what goes around... you ever heard of the boy who cried wolf...?

one day, novak will call for the trainer ... and he won't come out... but, this time it will be genuine like a compound fracture or broken testicle...

That sounds crazy, calling a trainer for a compound fracture. Just get a massage, tape up the bone and finish the match. That's how they used to do it back in the old days. Players played with one arm and one leg if they had to. None of this getting a trainer for a broken eyelash bullshit.

sawan66278
09-03-2008, 01:39 AM
After speaking to a few of my friends who have recently become tennis fans, each came away with the same conclusion: Novak Djokovic is a cheater...and an embarrassment to the sport of tennis.

I know many of my friends, like Commander Bascule, are fans of Novak. And it pains me to agree: but Novak's display today was simply further evidence that the man will do whatever it takes to win...even going against the spirit, if not the actual rules, of competition.

Obviously feeling the effects of his battle the other night, Novak came out sluggish. He appeared to tweak his thigh, and, you knew an injury timeout was on the horizon. Robredo responded VERY poorly...not knowing whether Novak was injured. However, almost "miraculously", Djokovic started running around the court like a gazelle, retrieving like a man who hadn't played a match in a month.

Things moved along nicely for him...until the nerves, and Tommy's play (which I truly believe was spurred on by his increasing irritation at Novak's acting and drama queen antics), led to his getting broken and losing the fourth set (after having three break points of his own to serve it out).

What happened next? Another injury timeout, like clockwork, at the beginning of the fifth. For the thigh "injury"? No. For some undisclosed pain...i.e. exhaustion and lack of fitness. In essence, Novak needed to rest...and he wanted to break Tommy's momentum. He succeeded, and after an awful call, followed by a real fall (no acting here), Novak survived.

Tennis fans throughout the world are not blind. They see the level of sportsmanship, grit, and spirit of Rafa and Roger. They appreciate Rafa's humility, and Roger's class on and off the court. They witness Roger's father applauding Rafa as if he were his OWN son...after the most painful loss in his own son's career. They see Uncle Toni offering to help in developing Donald Young...and his constantly keeping his nephew in line...all the while, applauding opponents' shot and efforts. Both speak glowingly about one another...and even gain the admiration of sports legends like Michael Phelps.

Novak and his family want it both ways. They want the top spot...and will do whatever it takes to reach it. They also refuse to give real credit to those who have ACTUALLY achieved legendary things in the game: like Roger and Rafa. They walk haughtily and, when necessary, flee (like in Monte Carlo) when things go well...or bend the rules in order to gain an edge. And then, they wonder why the fans "don't like them".

Mental note, Novak. Fans appreciate hard fought, honest, and humble sportsmen...who appreciate those who have laid down the foundations of the sport. Arrogance and cheating (or bending the rules...not in the spirit of competition)...does nothing by seed dislike or ambivalence.

I'd say go save a cat from a tree, Novak. But better yet: try to save your reputation...before your legacy will be one of winning the battle, but losing the war.

MaryX
09-03-2008, 01:41 AM
Robredo was totally insignificant to me and I have been watching him since he was 18-19, and suddenly, he gets some attention.By crying :rolleyes:

Go on, Novak, do what you do best-fake and win ;) .

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
That sounds crazy, calling a trainer for a compound fracture. Just get a massage, tape up the bone and finish the match. That's how they used to do it back in the old days. Players played with one arm and one leg if they had to. None of this getting a trainer for a broken eyelash bullshit.

compound fracture... man... all i ever knew was a 'you're awright mate' and a bit of the old magic spray... no dramas, too easy...

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 01:46 AM
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/interviews/2008-09-02/200809021220393941461.html

You sound like you don't believe Djokovic's ailments . Is that true?

Sour loser it seems. Robredo was lucky that it went to five. He is just mad because he is never has been.

~Maya~
09-03-2008, 01:49 AM
Maybe he should have retired. Would that make you happy? I remember you people bashing him for retirement. He did what he had to do to make sure he is fit enough to finish the match. You can hang on his words as much as you want it. Your faves call for the trainer to.

One time was during the changeover. So you are complaining about that one timeout when he was leading 3:0 in the second set

Robredo is sour grapes but it is hard to lose a match in five sets, especially after you had very high hopes that your opponent won't be able to handle the 5 th set, so I will give him a break.

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
It's not about retiting, fangirl. If you're not fit, stay on court and lose.

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 01:52 AM
i actually vomitted after his speech at the AO... i thought it was just spit at first, but upon 2nd inspection.... yeah, there was a bit of vomit in it...

vucina
09-03-2008, 01:53 AM

Too bad he won't listen to you.:sad:

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Too bad he won't listen to you.:sad:

Too bad he will keep being a one-slam wonder for a long time. :D

~Maya~
09-03-2008, 01:57 AM

Do you have dyslexia?

fast_clay
the ATP should force him to bring his own trainer and let everyone else have a go...

vucina
Too bad he will keep being a one-slam wonder for a long time. :D

Really? How do you know? Don't tell me, Stepanek will stop him?

GlennMirnyi
Do you have dyslexia?

Do you have as much character as Fakervic?

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Really? How do you know? Don't tell me, Stepanek will stop him?

Someone who needs to beat Boredo in 5... :lol:

Corey Feldman
09-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Its a bit rich coming from Robredo :lol:

Johnny Groove
09-03-2008, 01:59 AM
Honestly guys, this thread is bullshit. Close it up, there is no point to it.

vucina
09-03-2008, 02:00 AM
Someone who needs to beat Boredo in 5... :lol:

Hey, it was in-form Boredo. Tough as a nail.

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 02:01 AM
Hey, it was in-form Boredo. Tough as a nail.

Boredo's form is never in.

Kolya
09-03-2008, 02:02 AM
I would prefer if tennis was a war of attrition but it will never happen.

finishingmove
09-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Honestly guys, this thread is bullshit. Close it up, there is no point to it.

wat

no

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 02:04 AM
I would prefer if tennis was a war of attrition but it will never happen.

me too... but, i also feel faker is being hard done by... i did post this elsewhere, but, while studying tapes of robredo, this happened to him... novak's justification is here people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imaQHdGwMoQ&feature=related

*corrected

xelena
09-03-2008, 02:07 AM
ohhh I was kindda wondering how many tears will be shed by the lobotomised cry-baby boys scout here.. :) And yes yes , they cried more than everrrr

but , one thing I've finally cleared out. Even though , here we can call these crybabies > individuals , and that they speak their mind in fact, behind this key-words often (like today) are actually tv-commentators.

I listened to ESPN , like many here and I just couldnt believe my ears to what I heard, out of the mouth of Jimmy Arias !!! he seems to be a serious contestant for the title idiot of the year ..
He is polluting this sport sooo much, with his blatant , false allegations it was unbelievable ..

first, novak loses 1st set in which he gave away an important point, something he does often if he thinks that the ball is in ..
then, 2nd set, the comentators Arias and Sam Gore , all excited about Robredo's great form, saying how he never beat any top3 player in his career , blah blah

novak is already up 2:0 at that stage, then 3:0 and he misses badly a shot in the net , makes mouvments with his legs and Arias is saying "oh come onn, dont try to fool us" (oh we are smart?) and then there goes the slow motion, he sees the strained ankle , and says , oh ok ok looks that he hurt his ankle..

than novak gets med.time out , and later on in the set, and the following one, every time Novak shook his leg or smthg , there he goes , Arias "oh Goooood, this is Academy awards performance" !???

he went on and on about how Novak on purpose makes mimics in order to confuse robredo!!?? oh really? robredo is away some 70ft and he sees that Novak's having trouble with breathing, touching his hip or smthg and THAT's making him hit the net just afterwards ?!! :)))
how stupid that is ??!!

but he says it with so much certitude, that when these poor brainectomied teens hear that, that creates in their head some certain logic.. which is at a level of a daytime soapie ... when on the surface nice mother-in-law seems nice and sweet in fact she's evil and none of the characters can see that, but hey the viewer YES he knows it ,yes yes , he feels special, cause HE knows she's evil !! and that's where the spectator feels so special and he cant wait to tell his buddies about this great discovery.. So, you have that scenario right here.
great.

wilmar
09-03-2008, 02:08 AM
Both speak glowingly about one another...and even gain the admiration of sports legends like Michael Phelps.

Indeed!!! Any wonder why Phelps was gushing over Nadal and saying that meeting Federer was "nice" too....but NO mention of Novak in his breath at the Olympics? It takes a true sportsman to tell another!

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 02:11 AM
I too agree that this forum is BS man. How come it gets more attention that my Gimelstob forum? Gimelstob is a woman beater whereas Robredo is a womanizer. Who'd you rather talk about. Seriously though, for Robredo to think that he had a chance, he should really be taking some kind of drug or something. He was never in with a chance. He was just filling the spaces I thought.

xelena
09-03-2008, 02:13 AM
oh, and of course there's no kitahead. :(((

dont expect him guys... he's getting a perfusion , his little brain needs some glucose , he's very sad right now but recovering slowly through the miracle of the modern medecine and listening to some sad old folk songs that he used to sing for slava..

elessar
09-03-2008, 02:14 AM
Actually she/he's been banned for being a racist prick, I'm sure she/he'd be here to celebrate otherwise :hug:

xelena
09-03-2008, 02:18 AM
oh nooooooo, kita banned? racist insults? no wayyyy :;)) doesnt sound at all like kita
kita wherever you are, switch your ip company in order to get a brand new address;))

MaryX
09-03-2008, 02:20 AM
but , one thing I've finally cleared out. Even though , here we can call these crybabies > individuals , and that they speak their mind in fact, behind this key-words often (like today) are actually tv-commentators.

Yes, they are partly to blame for all this fake-mania, media brain wash.I am just sorry that Novak really doesn't feel great, it would be better if he really faked...Of course I feel like that, I like the guy, and don't like to see him suffering :shrug: .

And I'm sorry for kitinov, can you imagine how he feels now, knowing he can't share this fake-momentum with others?

NicolasKiefer44
09-03-2008, 02:24 AM
The Joker was so full of games-manship that I thought I was watching a WTA tour match. The drama of the Joker. Cheat to win.

It reminded me of the time Mary Pierce had an 11 minute medical time out at the US Open for a full body massage as she sipped iced tea and flirted with the trainer while Dementieva fumed.

littleash
09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
can roberdo stop saying "something... then no?" :rolleyes:

littleash
09-03-2008, 02:29 AM
i dont like both :yawn:

alfonsojose
09-03-2008, 02:39 AM
Robredo can't say a word. He forgot the match against Gaudio :rolleyes: Was it in Barcelona?

GlennMirnyi
09-03-2008, 02:41 AM
Robredo can't say a word. He forgot the match against Gaudio :rolleyes: Was it in Barcelona?

Yep.

Forgot many matches.

«Ivan»
09-03-2008, 02:48 AM
After speaking to a few of my friends who have recently become tennis fans, each came away with the same conclusion: Novak Djokovic is a cheater...and an embarrassment to the sport of tennis.

I know many of my friends, like Commander Bascule, are fans of Novak. And it pains me to agree: but Novak's display today was simply further evidence that the man will do whatever it takes to win...even going against the spirit, if not the actual rules, of competition.

Obviously feeling the effects of his battle the other night, Novak came out sluggish. He appeared to tweak his thigh, and, you knew an injury timeout was on the horizon. Robredo responded VERY poorly...not knowing whether Novak was injured. However, almost "miraculously", Djokovic started running around the court like a gazelle, retrieving like a man who hadn't played a match in a month.

Things moved along nicely for him...until the nerves, and Tommy's play (which I truly believe was spurred on by his increasing irritation at Novak's acting and drama queen antics), led to his getting broken and losing the fourth set (after having three break points of his own to serve it out).

What happened next? Another injury timeout, like clockwork, at the beginning of the fifth. For the thigh "injury"? No. For some undisclosed pain...i.e. exhaustion and lack of fitness. In essence, Novak needed to rest...and he wanted to break Tommy's momentum. He succeeded, and after an awful call, followed by a real fall (no acting here), Novak survived.

Tennis fans throughout the world are not blind. They see the level of sportsmanship, grit, and spirit of Rafa and Roger. They appreciate Rafa's humility, and Roger's class on and off the court. They witness Roger's father applauding Rafa as if he were his OWN son...after the most painful loss in his own son's career. They see Uncle Toni offering to help in developing Donald Young...and his constantly keeping his nephew in line...all the while, applauding opponents' shot and efforts. Both speak glowingly about one another...and even gain the admiration of sports legends like Michael Phelps.

Novak and his family want it both ways. They want the top spot...and will do whatever it takes to reach it. They also refuse to give real credit to those who have ACTUALLY achieved legendary things in the game: like Roger and Rafa. They walk haughtily and, when necessary, flee (like in Monte Carlo) when things go well...or bend the rules in order to gain an edge. And then, they wonder why the fans "don't like them".

Mental note, Novak. Fans appreciate hard fought, honest, and humble sportsmen...who appreciate those who have laid down the foundations of the sport. Arrogance and cheating (or bending the rules...not in the spirit of competition)...does nothing by seed dislike or ambivalence.

I'd say go save a cat from a tree, Novak. But better yet: try to save your reputation...before your legacy will be one of winning the battle, but losing the war.

i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,my friends,me,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself,me ,i,myself,i,friends,me,i,friends,myself.

you:worship: okay?

SheepleBuster
09-03-2008, 02:48 AM
Robredo has a great future on Play Girl. He has already posed nude a bunch of times. Why not follow that career as he is seriously not going to make it in tennis.

Geo
09-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Robredo is a classy guy :yeah: :haha: :rolls:

what a joke he is these days...

BalkanBoy
09-03-2008, 03:22 AM
Robredo stop taking arguments from MTF you idiot

Rumour
09-03-2008, 03:28 AM
Looks like I missed a classic match, but this thread more than makes up for it.

BigJohn
09-03-2008, 03:32 AM
The tennis journalist in the local paper here called this performance "A victory and a best acting performance" in his blog title, saying in it that both Djokovic and Jankovic seem to have studied at the same acting school.

I think he has a point.

BalkanBoy
09-03-2008, 03:43 AM
The tennis journalist in the local paper here called this performance "A victory and a best acting performance" in his blog title, saying in it that both Djokovic and Jankovic seem to have studied at the same acting school.

I think he has a point.

Yep they're true artists love watching them make their opponents run like rabbits especially Robredo :D

azza
09-03-2008, 03:50 AM
Boredo is the last person on earth who has the right to complain about someone faking/cheating in a match.

umm no

BigJohn
09-03-2008, 04:16 AM
Yep they're true artists love watching them make their opponents run like rabbits especially Robredo :D

You misread: actor not artist. He actually used "drama queen" and again, he has a point.
(It was not a compliment)

BalkanBoy
09-03-2008, 05:00 AM
You misread: actor not artist. He actually used "drama queen" and again, he has a point.
(It was not a compliment)

I know it wasn't a compliment you didn't understand the allusion I was making it's okay :wavey: gnight

CooCooCachoo
09-03-2008, 05:04 AM
Nole actually looked like he was about to faint in that fifth set :speakles: He looked like a ghost.

Or Levy
09-03-2008, 05:59 AM
Roddick's comments:

Q. When asked about his injuries today, mentioning the right ankle as opposed to the left ankle, the other day ‑‑

ANDY RODDICK: Isn't it both of them? And a back and a hip?

Q. And when he said there are too many to count.

ANDY RODDICK: And a cramp.

Q. Do you get the sense right now that he is...

ANDY RODDICK: Bird flu.

Q. Lot of things. Beijing hangover.

ANDY RODDICK: Yeah.

Q. He's got pretty long list of illness.

ANDY RODDICK: Anthrax. SARS. Common cough and cold.

Q. Got a lot of things going on with him.

ANDY RODDICK: Sure.

Q. Do you think he's bluffing?

ANDY RODDICK: No, I mean, I'm sure ‑‑

Q. The way you're saying it, almost means you feel like...

ANDY RODDICK: No, if it's there, it's there. There's just a lot. You know, he's either quick to call a trainer or he's the most courageous guy of all time. I think it's up for you guys to decide.

JolánGagó
09-03-2008, 06:32 AM
I too agree that this forum is BS man. How come it gets more attention that my Gimelstob forum? Gimelstob is a woman beater whereas Robredo is a womanizer. Who'd you rather talk about.

Who are you? Hillary Clinton?

We talk about tennis players. Go with your politically correct morality police crap somewhere else please.