sadly i dont think delpotro will be making the 8th spot :p

he did so little in the first 3/4 of season :p

if he takes down murray tomorrow, then that's a different story :p

Halba
09-02-2008, 10:52 AM
sadly i dont think delpotro will be making the 8th spot :p

he did so little in the first 3/4 of season :p

if he takes down murray tomorrow, then that's a different story :p

yep. he can do it on his own racquet in this us open.

groundstroke
09-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Del Potro won't be num 8.

Halba
09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Del Potro won't be num 8.

well he's got us open quarters(50 points)

then he's got opportunities in MS madrid, paris and one other optional(e.g. vienna). If he makes finals or SF he can do it as long as other guys e.g. gonzo, blake don't do great.

so he;'s on 222 points .add 50 and its 272. blake is on 294. blake hasn't had a great year and he can bomb out. roddick has locked up one of the spots. wawrinka played terrible.

Montego
09-02-2008, 11:07 AM
1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Djokovic
4. Murray
5. Ferrer
6. Davydenko
7-8 + reserves: Nalbandian, Roddick, Wawrinka, Blake, Gonzalez or Verdasco

Jaap
09-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Ferrer won't make it.

Montego
09-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Ferrer won't make it.

He is almost secure with two GS QF, two ATP titles, one big final and a couple of other QFs or 3rd rounds. He is 99% sure to play.

Jaap
09-02-2008, 12:02 PM
He is going to need them points, as he won't collect many during the indoor season.

Montego
09-02-2008, 12:07 PM
He is going to need them points, as he won't collect many during the indoor season.

Last year he was a QF in Paris and a finalist in Shanghai, so there is no reason to believe he won't be a threat indoors. But I agree that his form is worse than in 2007. Last year he qualified on 4th place if I remember well. This year he should be ca. 6-8th. Still, the points he gathered till now should be enough for him to qualify.

Hendu
09-09-2008, 10:39 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x60/josepe06/mc.jpg

LucasArg
09-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Del Potro is playing Tokyo, Vienna, Madrid, Basel and Paris.
He should be able to make it.

Chip_s_m
09-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Blake has a solid chunk of his points from optionals, with his 5th (Indianapolis) giving him 15 race points. That's a pretty high number, and it's going to make it tough for him to earn any meaningful points from the remaining optionals. He's going to have to bring his A-game to Madrid and Paris. Smart of him to pull out of Davis Cup.

Del Potro, because he's only played in three masters, will still accumulate race points from optionals, so he's in a much better position. He should be able to come close to bridging the gap between him and Blake from optionals. IMO it's going to come down to Blake and Del Potro for that 8th spot. Whoever does better and Madrid and Paris will take it.

There is a chance that Ferrer might get passed by both of them, but he's going to have to continue to suck. Wawrinka also could sneak in there with a little luck, but he's going to have to pull off another major run in either Madrid and Paris, and I don't think he'll be able to do it. Gonzo will have an even harder time, and I don't think he'll do it. Nalbandian doesn't have a chance. He'll have to win both Madrid and Paris again (I'm not exaggerating...look at the points gap) and I don't think he can pull that off two years in a row. Roddick likes indoors and has a good headstart, so he'll probably be there again.

1. Nadal
2. Federer
3. Djokovic
4. Murray
5. Davydenko
6. Roddick
7. Ferrer
8. Blake/Del Potro