USO QF: Murray vs Del Potro WWW? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO QF: Murray vs Del Potro WWW?

finishingmove
09-02-2008, 02:50 AM
revenge ?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00798/murray_798430c.jpg

VS

http://www.lacapitalnet.com.ar/hoy/Deportes/Img/200808174050-26C.jpg

Jaap
09-02-2008, 02:52 AM
revenge ?

For the Falklands?

Corey Feldman
09-02-2008, 02:56 AM
:lol::lol:

Muzza to end this mug's lucky run

Lullaby
09-02-2008, 02:56 AM
muzza revenge for hand of god to endear him to the english ;)

finishingmove
09-02-2008, 02:57 AM
For the Falklands?

Yes.

Jaap
09-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Seriously, I wonder how Murray plans to beat this beast.

Clydey
09-02-2008, 03:00 AM
Murray's mum because Murray and his "mudder is always da same".

fast_clay
09-02-2008, 03:02 AM

will be interesting to see what he brings.... short junk slice perhaps...? pony at net is well out of his habitat...

finishingmove
09-02-2008, 03:04 AM

its gonna be ugly, no doubt. we can expect all kinds of shit from murray.

Andi-M
09-02-2008, 03:06 AM
Murray is the 1st real player pony has played.

Still wont be easy he's no Wawa but i still think Murray in 3 maybe 4 if pony comes out all crazy and andy half asleep.

Either way USO semi for Murray i think. Well i really hope!

finishingmove
09-02-2008, 03:08 AM
Murray is the 1st real player pony has played.

Still wont be easy he's no Wawa but i still think Murray in 3 maybe 4 if pony comes out all crazy and andy half asleep.

Either way USO semi for Murray i think. Well i really hope!

yes, Canas, Bellucci, Simon and Nishikori are not real players.

also everyone who lost to del potro during his 4 consecutive title runs are not real players

Andi-M
09-02-2008, 03:09 AM
yes, Canas, Bellucci, Simon and Nishikori are not real players

You said it.

Hendu
09-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Murray has the tools to make Del Potro run.

rocketassist
09-02-2008, 03:11 AM
yes, Canas, Bellucci, Simon and Nishikori are not real players.

also everyone who lost to del potro during his 4 consecutive title runs are not real players

Simon certainly isn't a tennis player, more a boredom tool.

Jimnik
09-02-2008, 03:13 AM
Can't wait for the sparks to fly.

I think this is the first time JMDP will actually face an in-form player since his impressive run began. Will be quite a test to see just how far confidence can take you.

Muzza in 5.

Stuart Fraser
09-02-2008, 03:14 AM
The world no.4 to be in four!

Cafisho
09-02-2008, 03:23 AM
You said it.

"I_Like_Murray" :rolleyes:

RogandyFan
09-02-2008, 03:29 AM
Okay a Muzza hater started the thread. Heart says Muzza head says close, depends on who shows up on each side I guess. I will give the advantage to Muzza the longer the match goes on.

Andi-M
09-02-2008, 03:34 AM
"I_Like_Murray" :rolleyes:

Canas, Bellucci, Simon and Nishikori are 'real players' my bad for using poor terminology. They are good players as is Roddick.

But Murray, Nole, Fed and Nadal are a in a class far beyond any player he has beaten on his fantastic run. Not saying he cant beat these guys but im saying its only when he does that i will actually buy into all the hype.

scoobs
09-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Short slice him to hell and back, Andy.

SheepleBuster
09-02-2008, 03:44 AM
Murray in 4 or 5 sets. Del Potro got to be awfully tired and the streak needs to end here.

fast_clay
09-02-2008, 04:05 AM
going on form pre US, murray and pony were =2nd IMO... i think murray gets the nod here... he'll contain and difuse pony over 4 sets...

Lucinda
09-02-2008, 04:11 AM
If Murray has God on his side like he did tonight, then he'll reach the finals easily.

Vamos Rafa 01
09-02-2008, 04:14 AM
I think Murray will be too much for JMDP ATM, He's just a bad matchup for him IMO. Murray is one of the best(if not the best) returner in the game, so it's gonna be tough for the hot teenager to keep up.

Andi-M
09-02-2008, 04:37 AM
Q. What lies behind this incredible run that he's suddenly got himself on from what you've seen?

ANDY MURRAY: He doesn't miss a whole a lot. He moves pretty well for a big guy. You know, he does everything good. He's got a good crosscourt backhand and, you know, he just hits the ball hard and solid and doesn't make a whole a lot of mistakes.

When you watch him, I don't think that you see anything that's unbelievably special. When you're playing as solid as he does and you don't miss that many balls and you've got confidence and you don't lose for a while, you come through matches. He's done that the last few months.

Q. Is there any feeling of unfinished business with him after Rome? He finished as though it was the end of his career. He was in tears and he was helped off.

ANDY MURRAY: Not for me there wasn't any unfinished business. I don't know how he feels about it. Guys get hurt all the time in tennis. You know, you hope it doesn't happen. You obviously want to win the long way. Happens sometimes.

Q. I meant unfinished business with what happened before that with the mouthing and the...

ANDY MURRAY: I haven't spoken to him since, so whether there is or not, for me it's another tennis match. Stan is one of my closest friends today, but when you get on the court you've got to put your emotions aside and get the job done.

Whether I like Del Potro or not really doesn't make any difference. When you get on the tennis court it's another match, and you've got to win.

Q. Are you a bit surprised after what happened between you and Del Potro in Rome that he hasn't tried to clear the air at all?

ANDY MURRAY: Not really. I've known him since we were really young. Doesn't really bother me. I wasn't great friends with him before. I don't need to be friends with him now.

So, no, I'm not surprised

--------------------------
Lovin the build up to this match!!!

Cafisho
09-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Canas, Bellucci, Simon and Nishikori are 'real players' my bad for using poor terminology. They are good players as is Roddick.

But Murray, Nole, Fed and Nadal are a in a class far beyond any player he has beaten on his fantastic run. Not saying he cant beat these guys but im saying its only when he does that i will actually buy into all the hype.

I agree that Murray is on a higher level than the ones Del Potro has beaten before, but in the last match they've played against each other at Rome, Delpo won one set and in the third he retired due to his back injury... and now with his confidence boosted up to the sky he has a very good chance against him.

Clydey
09-02-2008, 04:51 AM
I agree that Murray is on a higher level than the ones Del Potro has beaten before, but in the last match they've played against each other at Rome, Delpo won one set and in the third he retired due to his back injury... and now with his confidence boosted up to the sky he has a very good chance against him.

That was on clay and Murray was up a break in the final set. I think they're both playing much better now.

Sagiel
09-02-2008, 04:56 AM
Muzza will be too much for JM, but I sure hope this match remains competitive.

Thanos
09-02-2008, 05:33 AM
murray will win in three tight sets. Hes just has too much variety for del potro

jcempire
09-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Murray and Nadal could easily meet in the Semi

both goes three sets

callini deas
09-02-2008, 05:55 AM
I've never really seen him play (del potro) but hes on a roll so it should be tough for murray. I hope they get into a fight, try and livin up this shit us open. Nothing exciting has happened yet.Imagine if they got the same umpire as in Rome. He was so funny, made the entire fight

sergiodc
09-02-2008, 06:23 AM
Since i know Murray is scotish... Ireland, Whales, Scotland are different countries with their own parlamentary assemblies

For the Falklands?

Hendu
09-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Since i know Murray is scotish... Ireland, Whales, Scotland are different countries with their own parlamentary assemblies

The war was between Argentina and the UK, not England only. But this is completely off topic. It would be better to drop this issue, it is too serious to talk about it in this forum.

FiBeR
09-02-2008, 07:27 AM
I see where Murray takes his attitute :p

3/4 of the posters in this thread are just trolling arses :p

:lol: I think Murray might win, but id love to be proven wrong :haha: ill hunt down each and every poster in this thread if Delpo does, and make you eat up your words.. so you d better back your words up folks :wavey:

:p

Nalbandian!!!
09-02-2008, 09:09 AM
delpo Rocks !!!

Bernard Black
09-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Murray.

JolánGagó
09-02-2008, 10:09 AM
I like both but hope Muzza wins, and I think he will.

groundstroke
09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Come on Del Potro, knock out this British brat.

biological
09-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Good luck JMDP.

Jaap
09-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Del Potro in 4.

Venle
09-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Del Pony :yeah:

Bilbo
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
A. Murray in 5

Primal
09-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Andy is clearly the favorite, experience means a lot. But I'd love to c Del Potro prevailing. In 5?

Vida
09-02-2008, 12:12 PM
Murray in 4.

Lugburz
09-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Murray all the way,I really don't like DelPotro at all...And after insulting Andy's mum I guess that he deserves to be beaten in straights..Shameless guy :(

JolánGagó
09-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Could someone please tell me what the hell happened in Rome between these two? I didn't see that.

Lugburz
09-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Could someone please tell me what the hell happened in Rome between these two? I didn't see that.

Here you go pal,,bad quality but all that was...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muM-UQc_Tnk

cobalt60
09-02-2008, 01:01 PM
Murray has the variety to frustrate JMDP.
Murray in 3 or 4

Pfloyd
09-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Murray in 5.

RagingLamb
09-02-2008, 02:42 PM
I love his mature attitude :yeah:

Q. What lies behind this incredible run that he's suddenly got himself on from what you've seen?

ANDY MURRAY: He doesn't miss a whole a lot. He moves pretty well for a big guy. You know, he does everything good. He's got a good crosscourt backhand and, you know, he just hits the ball hard and solid and doesn't make a whole a lot of mistakes.

When you watch him, I don't think that you see anything that's unbelievably special. When you're playing as solid as he does and you don't miss that many balls and you've got confidence and you don't lose for a while, you come through matches. He's done that the last few months.

Q. Is there any feeling of unfinished business with him after Rome? He finished as though it was the end of his career. He was in tears and he was helped off.

ANDY MURRAY: Not for me there wasn't any unfinished business. I don't know how he feels about it. Guys get hurt all the time in tennis. You know, you hope it doesn't happen. You obviously want to win the long way. Happens sometimes.

Q. I meant unfinished business with what happened before that with the mouthing and the...

ANDY MURRAY: I haven't spoken to him since, so whether there is or not, for me it's another tennis match. Stan is one of my closest friends today, but when you get on the court you've got to put your emotions aside and get the job done.

Whether I like Del Potro or not really doesn't make any difference. When you get on the tennis court it's another match, and you've got to win.

Q. Are you a bit surprised after what happened between you and Del Potro in Rome that he hasn't tried to clear the air at all?

ANDY MURRAY: Not really. I've known him since we were really young. Doesn't really bother me. I wasn't great friends with him before. I don't need to be friends with him now.

So, no, I'm not surprised

--------------------------
Lovin the build up to this match!!!

Fumus
09-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Murray ftw!

lurker
09-02-2008, 02:54 PM
It is going to take a Herculean effort for anyone to beat Murray the way he was playing against Wawrinka last night. This could be the popcorn match of the tournament, especially if Del Potro comes to play, which I am sure he will.

I'm just glad that, if Rafa gets through the Fish, he only has to face ONE of these guys, and that guy should be nicely worn out if they beat each other up as I expect in their QF match. Since we've already seen Murray/Nadal mix it up this year, I'd rather see DelPotro come through this one, but somehow, I think this is Murray's match in four of five tightly contested sets.

Clara Bow
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Murray all the way,I really don't like DelPotro at all...And after insulting Andy's mum I guess that he deserves to be beaten in straights..Shameless guy :(

he didn't exactly hurl an insult at Judy Murray or anything as has been implied. The two were playing, and Juanma hit a ball towards Murray in an attempt to win a point. Murray was annoyed by the move- even though it is allowed. JMdP then makes an UE and Andy and Judy Murray both cheer the error loudly.

At the changeover- Andy is jawing to JMdP about hitting the ball at him. JMdP says that Andy is always the same - as his mother has been. (I think it was about cheering UEs and goes to junior days). Blah blah...both guys acted immature- but I don't really see all of this horrible insulting of Andy's mom that was implied. There has been this tendency to paintig JMdP as someone who randomly yells insults about Judy Murray when that does not seem to be the case. Andy had his own part in the dust up- but instead it is painted as evil JMdP kicking puppies and yelling obscenities about Judy.

Question- I think Andy will win.

platinum
09-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Murray wins.

Clydey
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
he didn't exactly hurl an insult at Judy Murray or anything as has been implied. The two were playing, and Juanma hit a ball towards Murray in an attempt to win a point. Murray was annoyed by the move- even though it is allowed. JMdP then makes an UE and Andy and Judy Murray both cheer the error loudly.

At the changeover- Andy is jawing to JMdP about hitting the ball at him. JMdP says that Andy is always the same - as his mother has been. (I think it was about cheering UEs and goes to junior days). Blah blah...both guys acted immature- but I don't really see all of this horrible insulting of Andy's mom that was implied. There has been this tendency to paintig JMdP as someone who randomly yells insults about Judy Murray when that does not seem to be the case. Andy had his own part in the dust up- but instead it is painted as evil JMdP kicking puppies and yelling obscenities about Judy.

Question- I think Andy will win.

Nonsense. There was nothing to suggest that Judy cheered a UE from del Potro. You either made that up or are ill-informed. It didn't even cut to her so we could see her reaction, so you cannot possibly know how Judy reacted.

Murray said afterwards that it wasn't the fact that JMdP hit the ball at him, but that it was the fact he didn't put up his hand and offer an apology, as is common courtesy. Murray then mentioned the incident at the changeover and JMdP brought Murray's mum into it. Nothing to do with his mum cheering errors.

Murray made too big a deal out of the initial incident. However, it is common courtesy to apologie after blasting the ball at your opponent. JMdP didn't, so it's understandable why Murray was annoyed with him. Let's not portray Juan as the innocent party. He was the one who randomly implied something negative about Murray's mum.

lorenz
09-02-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm with you !!

I see where Murray takes his attitute :p

3/4 of the posters in this thread are just trolling arses :p

:lol: I think Murray might win, but id love to be proven wrong :haha: ill hunt down each and every poster in this thread if Delpo does, and make you eat up your words.. so you d better back your words up folks :wavey:

:p

platinum
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
muzza revenge for hand of god to endear him to the english ;)

OMG.... :p

Clara Bow
09-02-2008, 04:24 PM
Nonsense. There was nothing to suggest that Judy cheered a UE from del Potro. You either made that up or are ill-informed. It didn't even cut to her so we could see her reaction, so you cannot possibly know how Judy reacted.

Murray said afterwards that it wasn't the fact that JMdP hit the ball at him, but that it was the fact he didn't put up his hand and offer an apology, as is common courtesy. Murray then mentioned the incident at the changeover and JMdP brought Murray's mum into it. Nothing to do with his mum cheering errors.

Murray made too big a deal out of the initial incident. However, it is common courtesy to apologie after blasting the ball at your opponent. JMdP didn't, so it's understandable why Murray was annoyed with him. Let's not portray Juan as the innocent party. He was the one who randomly implied something negative about Murray's mum.

I did not make it up- I do not have an anti- Judy agenda- but read from folks who watched the whole thing from Argentina that Judy and Andy did cheer an error. I don't think either should be pillored for that- I was just commented on what I read to be the context.

I don't think either guy is a saint- hence I said they acted both immaturely. I just don't think that Juan randomly yelled stuff about Judy's mom as has been implied. He just said "you have always been this way, your mother too." Stupid yes- but some folks act like he just started hurling derogatory comments and curse words about Judy for no reason. Andy also mentions in the little exchange to the ump that it is okay for him to cheer Juan's errors.

I think both guys had their part in the dust up. Both could have acted better. I am just not on board that there is a Saint Andy and a Demon JMdP. JUdP should have maybe apologized for hitting the ball towards Andy, Andy could have maybe refrained from his glares and cheering the UEs. Andy should perhaps have not have been yammering away when they went to their seats during the changeover and JMdP should have not brought Judy into it. Imo- both guys kinda acted like tossers- but I still like both.

LleytonMonfils
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
Murray is going to murk Del Potro. Honestly the guy is my pick to win this tournament. Nadal has shown he is vulnerable, and Federer/Djokovic are in the other half of the draw. I just truly belive Andy is on the brink of becoming one of the top 5 players in the world with ease and winning his first major. It's going to be fun watching Nadal, Djoko, Federer, and Murray in the next few years. Even if you leave Fed out of it that is a nice top 3.

Deivid23
09-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Murray in 3 if he´s on fire

Murray in 4 if he plays well

Murray in 5 if he loses focus during a couple of sets

Clydey
09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
I did not make it up- I do not have an anti- Judy agenda- but read from folks who watched the whole thing from Argentina that Judy and Andy did cheer an error. I don't think either should be pillored for that- I was just commented on what I read to be the context.

I don't think either guy is a saint- hence I said they acted both immaturely. I just don't think that Juan randomly yelled stuff about Judy's mom as has been implied. He just said "you have always been this way, your mother too." Stupid yes- but some folks act like he just started hurling derogatory comments and curse words about Judy for no reason. Andy also mentions in the little exchange to the ump that it is okay for him to cheer Juan's errors.

I think both guys had their part in the dust up. Both could have acted better. I am just not on board that there is a Saint Andy and a Demon JMdP. JUdP should have maybe apologized for hitting the ball towards Andy, Andy could have maybe refrained from his glares and cheering the UEs. Andy should perhaps have not have been yammering away when they went to their seats during the changeover and JMdP should have not brought Judy into it. Imo- both guys kinda acted like tossers- but I still like both.

It doesn't matter what the folks from Argentina say. They didn't see anything the rest of us missed. And there was nothing to suggest that Judy cheered a Del Potro error. If they are saying that, they are flat out making it up. It didn't happen. It's that simple really. Unless they were sitting near her during the match, they are making it up.

He did hurl a derogatory comment about his mum for no reason. It doesn't matter whether you or I buy it. That is what happened and the television coverage proved it. And even if she did cheer a UE, why would that give him the right to insult her?

To be honest, the issue has been blown out of proportion. Both of them acted like a couple of kids. I just can't be bothered watching people make shit up about the incident, particularly when it was all caught on tape.

FiBeR
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
:lol: :baby: like telling "you re always the same, your mum too" is an insult :p

if both judy and andy are always the same, and if that same thing would a good thing, they shouldnt be horrifyed about it.. am i right?

i think by andy getting angry he is partially admitting he and his mum are always the same _ _ _ (insert shitty attitute/whatever they know they re and which cant be a good thing)

it's like when Samantha Who said to their parents "after all, im a reflect of my upbringing" and her mum said "oh darling, that's a terrible thing to say" sobbing.. (:spit: it made me laugh a lot.. :hearts: I love Samantha Who..you guys should watch that series :rolls:)

:lol: if you get what i mean

stop the nonsense.. if you want JMDP to be insulting Judy for being always the same person (and hence, having the same attitute) you re just implying people or at least JMDP might think andy and his mum have a bad attitute, or are a bunch of.. :topic:

if andy had his concious clean.. he wouldnt have been mad at this statement by JMDP.. am i right? ;)

:) if you understand what i mean ;)

Clydey
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
:lol: :baby: like telling "you re always the same, your mum too" is an insult :p

if both judy and andy are always the same, and if that same thing would a good thing, they shouldnt be horrifyed about it.. am i right?

i think by andy getting angry he is partially admitting he and his mum are always the same _ _ _ (insert shitty attitute/whatever they know they re and which cant be a good thing)

it's like when Samantha Who said to their parents "after all, im a reflect of my upbringing" and her mum said "oh darling, that's a terrible thing to say" sobbing.. (:spit: it made me laugh a lot.. :hearts: I love Samantha Who..you guys should watch that series :rolls:)

stop the nonsense.. if you want JMDP to be insulting Judy for being always the same person (and hence, having the same attitute) you re just implying people or at least JMDP might think andy and his mum have a bad attitute, or are a bunch of.. :topic:

It was the implication. He clearly intended it as an insult.

I don't even know why people are still making a big deal about it. It doesn't seem like either player cares about the incident anymore, unless they are hiding it.

FiBeR
09-02-2008, 05:59 PM
:lol: i dont think that either :shrug:

but this is MTF :lol: people are always gonna bring up this kind of stuff..

like still troll against dijana and her husband when they havent been doing much since the AO i think

people just love bringing stuff to throw at players..cos they just never let go :p

MTF never change.. neither their posts :p

Clydey
09-02-2008, 06:01 PM
MTF never change.. neither their posts :p

MTF is always the same, just like its mother.

FiBeR
09-02-2008, 06:03 PM
I was thinking the same :lol: but i just changed like its mother for posts :lol: that was the idea :rolls:

Stensland
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
murray in 3. del potro's not smart enough tennis-wise to really have a go at andy.

Clydey
09-02-2008, 06:06 PM
I was thinking the same :lol: but i just changed like its mother for posts :lol: that was the idea :rolls:

Yeah, I thought that's what you meant.

Mine made no sense, since MTF doesn't even have a mother :mad:

FiBeR
09-02-2008, 06:31 PM
maybe WTAworld/TennisForum? :p

(Just deliberately pissing off some posters with this statement :lol: :rolls:)

Clydey
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
maybe WTAworld/TennisForum? :p

(Just deliberately pissing off some posters with this statement :lol: :rolls:)

You'll get banned for saying something like that :devil:

FiBeR
09-02-2008, 06:35 PM
:lol: just cant wait for my infraction :devil: :bounce: :angel:

Havok
09-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Murray in 4. Could be a really fun match, or a boring one.

zeleni
09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Vamos Andrew! :)

waterlily_021989
09-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Hope Del Potro will take it in 5

jazar
09-02-2008, 08:04 PM
juan has this in the bag

Matt01
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Murray in 3 if he´s on fire

Murray in 4 if he plays well

Murray in 5 if he loses focus during a couple of sets

Del Potro in 3 if everything is normal :p

guga2120
09-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Murray should take this in 4.

Merton
09-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Murray in 3.

Nalbandian!!!
09-02-2008, 10:31 PM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6681/juanmartindelpotro2sy6.th.jpg (http://img169.imageshack.us/my.php?image=juanmartindelpotro2sy6.jpg)

ufokart
09-02-2008, 10:40 PM
Murray in 3 or 4

Though i hope it ends up Del Potro in 3 :lol:

The_Nadal_effect
09-03-2008, 09:22 AM
Really eager to see this match. I hope Del Potro at least pushes Murray to five, if he can't win it. Just enjoy the sight of Andy showing off his muscles at the end of a tough match. :D

Iván
09-03-2008, 10:46 AM
? In 5...

Halba
09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
murray will come out blazing away like in last match and takes it in 3. he is potential winner of this yrs us open. the aim- lots of winners, fast, and to do it quickly.

Deivid23
09-03-2008, 11:25 AM

if andy had his concious clean.. he wouldnt have been mad at this statement by JMDP.. am i right? ;)

:zzz:

JMDP should have never brought Murray´s mom into the argument, that´s unacceptable as Andy said. I would have smashed my racket in his ugly face. Hope that helps

stebs
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
It doesn't matter what the folks from Argentina say. They didn't see anything the rest of us missed. And there was nothing to suggest that Judy cheered a Del Potro error. If they are saying that, they are flat out making it up. It didn't happen. It's that simple really. Unless they were sitting near her during the match, they are making it up.

He did hurl a derogatory comment about his mum for no reason. It doesn't matter whether you or I buy it. That is what happened and the television coverage proved it. And even if she did cheer a UE, why would that give him the right to insult her?

Clara Bow has it right and you are completely wrong.

JMDP says "You are the same. You and your Mum, always the same, never change."

Yes, it is in reference to cheering after errors are made and that's the only mention of Murray's mum that comes into it. Murray even says so himself when he says that if it's okay for JMDP to hit a ball at him it's okay for him and his Mum to cheer a UE. It's still a childish and silly thing to even mention Murray's mother though but I wouldn't exactly call it an insult.

Sorry, but that is as far as it goes as the video clearly shows. What is it you think happened?

Jaap
09-03-2008, 11:34 AM
People writing off Del Potro a bit too quickly here. The kid's confidence is sky high and from what I see against Nishikori, is as fresh as a daisy.

This one is going the distance.

TheMuzz
09-03-2008, 01:21 PM
I think Murray will win this in 4.

While JMDP is on a great run and playing good tennis, I think it's a good match-up for Andy. He loves playing guys with big serves and big forehands - his game neutralises these weapons very effectively. Just look at his record against A-rod and Karlovic. Plus with the history between these guys, Andy will no doubt be up for it.

Xristos
09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Hopfully Del Potro.

Fumus
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I thought that's what you meant.

Mine made no sense, since MTF doesn't even have a mother :mad:

That is unacceptable!

ArgieFan
09-03-2008, 01:49 PM
Del Potro in 3 if everything is normal :p

:lol:

But i guess that Murray will win in 3, unfortunately...

Clydey
09-03-2008, 01:50 PM
Clara Bow has it right and you are completely wrong.

JMDP says "You are the same. You and your Mum, always the same, never change."

Yes, it is in reference to cheering after errors are made and that's the only mention of Murray's mum that comes into it. Murray even says so himself when he says that if it's okay for JMDP to hit a ball at him it's okay for him and his Mum to cheer a UE. It's still a childish and silly thing to even mention Murray's mother though but I wouldn't exactly call it an insult.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Watch the video again. Murray says, "I'm allowed to cheer after he hits another ball off the frame and into the stands." He doesn't even mention his mum. Saying that Murray insisted that it's ok for him and his mum to cheer a UE is flatout wrong. I'm not sure why you'd even attempt to make that up, given that the clip is available for us to watch anytime we want. So unless you have a video showing Judy Murray cheering UEs, it is you who is completely in the wrong.

I don't give a toss either way. I just wish people would get their facts right. What you or I think happened is irrelevant. It's all on the video. Adding your own twist to events doesn't aid your cause. Like I said, unless you have another video that shows Judy Murray's reaction shots, you're simply making stuff up. The fact is both of them acted childish and it was all very embarrassing.

malisha
09-03-2008, 01:56 PM
A Murray in 4

Steelq
09-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Muzzas mom without a doubt.

finishingmove
09-03-2008, 03:11 PM
looks like del potro will win this in 3

Argenbrit
09-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Pony.

Deshna
09-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Truly hope Muzza

Andi-M
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
I cannot wait. GL Muzza do yourself justice and destroy the show pony!!!

tennisfan28
09-03-2008, 06:41 PM
i hope pony rapes murray but i have a feeling that the scott might have a lil too much variety for the pony....

tennisfan28
09-03-2008, 06:47 PM
i saw that match where the pony played murray and murray really was out of order....murray has got a really rotten attitude and he needs to improve on this before he alienates all his fans

Lullaby
09-03-2008, 06:54 PM
i saw that match where the pony played murray and murray really was out of order....murray has got a really rotten attitude and he needs to improve on this before he alienates all his fans

I would be happy to bet that 90% of people that support him, support him for his all court game (he can do anything on a tennis court, power and consistency is all that needs to improve) and for his attitude so think it unlikely that he will ever alienate many of his long term fans. He is a player that crowds will come to see

LleytonMonfils
09-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I would be happy to bet that 90% of people that support him, support him for his all court game (he can do anything on a tennis court, power and consistency is all that needs to improve) and for his attitude so think it unlikely that he will ever alienate many of his long term fans. He is a player that crowds will come to see

Exactly! I like Murray for both reasons. I don't mind when he gets a little attitude or gets fired up on the court. It shows his passion and hunger, and I'm not going to knock him for that.

Speaking of which how did the above poster see anything wrong with what Murray did?

NinaNina19
09-03-2008, 07:06 PM
His attitude is not even that bad, he gets negative sometimes but I don't see anything that stands out.

fast_clay
09-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Sorry, but you're wrong. Watch the video again. Murray says, "I'm allowed to cheer after he hits another ball off the frame and into the stands." He doesn't even mention his mum. Saying that Murray insisted that it's ok for him and his mum to cheer a UE is flatout wrong. I'm not sure why you'd even attempt to make that up, given that the clip is available for us to watch anytime we want. So unless you have a video showing Judy Murray cheering UEs, it is you who is completely in the wrong.

I don't give a toss either way. I just wish people would get their facts right. What you or I think happened is irrelevant. It's all on the video. Adding your own twist to events doesn't aid your cause. Like I said, unless you have another video that shows Judy Murray's reaction shots, you're simply making stuff up. The fact is both of them acted childish and it was all very embarrassing.

i saw the clip on Sky just then... and yeah... you are right...

hahaha...

nice pre-cursor..... sky doing its best to beat that angle up... spicy...

get in 'muscles'...