USO R2: Nadal def. De Heart 6-1 6-2 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO R2: Nadal def. De Heart 6-1 6-2 6-4

LinkMage
08-29-2008, 02:40 AM
:haha: @ Nadull getting broken by this clown.

BTW, who is the next mug in Rafito's draw?

MIMIC
08-29-2008, 02:40 AM
Never heard of the guy. But somehow, DeHeart managed to break Nadal and go up 3-0 in the 3rd set. Still, pretty decent performance by Nadal.

finishingmove
08-29-2008, 02:42 AM
funny match.

if i were a filthy rich eccentric, i'd hire this de heart guy to play exhos in my backyard. his opponent would be gabashvili everytime.

RagingLamb
08-29-2008, 02:42 AM
likable fellow this deheart.

Bernard Black
08-29-2008, 02:43 AM
:zzz:

savesthedizzle
08-29-2008, 02:46 AM
:haha: @ Nadull getting broken by this clown.

BTW, who is the next mug in Rafito's draw?

Troicki :armed:

Warrior
08-29-2008, 02:48 AM
Nadal has improved from last match. But it's still not the same player who dominated the summer.

Deboogle!.
08-29-2008, 02:48 AM
De Heart reminds me of Delic a few years ago when he gave Moya a battle, just out there having so much fun and absorbing the moment and just loving it. Turne out to be really enjoyable at the end. Good on ya, Ryler.

LinkMage
08-29-2008, 02:49 AM
Troicki :armed:

I see. Rafito's draw keeps getting harder and harder. Poor guy. :sad:

Rafa = Fed Killa
08-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Vamos Rafa!

See you in the final against Nole!

gusman890
08-29-2008, 02:51 AM
De Heart reminds me of Delic a few years ago when he gave Moya a battle, just out there having so much fun and absorbing the moment and just loving it. Turne out to be really enjoyable at the end. Good on ya, Ryler.

Gotta love that 2003 Illinois team huh? :worship:

platinum
08-29-2008, 02:52 AM
Why is this forum soooooooo slow? It takes forever for a page to download. Time to get a new server, pages shouldn't take forever to download this ain't 1998.... :o

bluefork
Wow. De Heart was actually kind of toying with Nadal there for a while. Granted, Nadal didn't look to be playing his absolute best, but it was a fun third set anyway.

And the way De Heart played in the third set is kind of how all of Nadal's opponents are going to have to play to beat him. Hard, flat, and moving forward. It's just a question of whether anyone can keep that up for an entire match.

Sunset of Age
Well done, Rafa... but eh... getting broken by this fellow??? Saving energy for the next match I guess. Don't tell me he was tired folks, not buying any of that.

leng jai
08-29-2008, 02:54 AM
De Heart was awful as expected. Apparently this was his first tournament at ATP level.

moon language
08-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Nadal has improved from last match. But it's still not the same player who dominated the summer.

Yeah he looked better but still lacking some of that intense focus.

dsingh7
08-29-2008, 02:55 AM
I see. Rafito's draw keeps getting harder and harder. Poor guy. :sad:

Indeed :devil: ..If Nalby makes it that far and with this level of the play from Rafa.i can foresee him getting ***** again..courts are really playing fast

selyoink
08-29-2008, 02:58 AM
What a great #1 this Nadull is. Losing 7 games to De Heart is beyond pathetic. Rochus should be kicked off the tour for letting him make the second round.

Chip_s_m
08-29-2008, 03:07 AM
De Heart's volleys were actually pretty good. I watched him beat Rochus and wasn't too impressed with them. He just doesn't have any big weapons that he can rely on, which is what it takes to beat Nadal. Didn't help that he was nervous as hell for the first two sets. Third set was pretty fun, though.

10nisfan
08-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Good thing RAFA finished This Match quicker than the last one...:rocker:

De Heart has some good shots and angles though :clap2: but he couldn't keep up that kind of intensity with RAFA for 3 sets...He was enjoying his Moment tonight...:hatoff:

RAFA has to play Better if he wants to Stay in this tournament into the Second Week though...:scared:

p.s. and yes MTF is taking foorreevvveerrrr to download a page tonight....:mad:

Deboogle!.
08-29-2008, 03:15 AM
Gotta love that 2003 Illinois team huh? :worship::yeah:

Why is this forum soooooooo slow? It takes forever for a page to download. Time to get a new server, pages shouldn't take forever to download this ain't 1998.... :oSeems to be something with the advertising. if you are using a browser like firefox where you can download noscript or adblocker, it will fix the problems for the most part.

helgagonzalez
08-29-2008, 03:18 AM
Vamos Rafa!!! :worship:

seljanin
08-29-2008, 03:28 AM
Now then.. is it just me, or the Eurosport commentator really used a word "mug", when introducing De Heart?! I think I heard him saying smth like that: "And after those 3 wins in qualifying De Heart won the 1st round match, and he beat no mug, but Olivier Rochus." :lol:

Well, maybe I misheard, so would be nice if someone could confirm that!

Corey Feldman
08-29-2008, 03:43 AM
Vamos Rafa!

See you in the final against Nole!No comments on the standard of world class legends Nadal is playing and beating here so far ?

oh wait, i forgot... you only do that with Federer's opponents in the GS's he's won.

Corey Feldman
08-29-2008, 03:45 AM
Now then.. is it just me, or the Eurosport commentator really used a word "mug", when introducing De Heart?! I think I heard him saying smth like that: "And after those 3 wins in qualifying De Heart won the 1st round match, and he beat no mug, but Olivier Rochus." :lol:

Well, maybe I misheard, so would be nice if someone could confirm that! you are right as that is quite a popular saying amongst British culture.. its a compliment - "he's no mug"

and not invented by Jaap :lol:

Corey Feldman
08-29-2008, 03:47 AM
Why is this forum soooooooo slow? It takes forever for a page to download. Time to get a new server, pages shouldn't take forever to download this ain't 1998.... :ototally agreed

it is doing my head in beyond belief and i have reduced my time at MTF in the last few days because of it - this load.. freeze.. load a little more ... freeze.. load.. FREEZE

bollocks

Tiklish
08-29-2008, 03:51 AM
:yeah:

Seems to be something with the advertising. if you are using a browser like firefox where you can download noscript or adblocker, it will fix the problems for the most part.

I have dial-up and I find that this site loads very quickly if I set it as restricted under tools, internet options, security, restricted sites, in IE. Some months ago the ads were changed that slowed it down so much that I set it on restricted, and it seems to keep them from even bothering trying to load so the page comes up immediately. I generally keep all sites on restricted that will work that way, prevents ads and even viruses from jumping on. Some sites won't load at all on restricted, but most will, as long as they're not flash/shockwave-based.

CyBorg
08-29-2008, 03:54 AM
Lame match. Even lamer was watching McEnroe and company pretend that this wasn't lame.

seljanin
08-29-2008, 04:02 AM
you are right as that is quite a popular saying amongst British culture.. its a compliment - "he's no mug"

and not invented by Jaap :lol:

Ahaa.. that's how it is.. Didn't know such a saying. Thanks for explanation :yeah:

Somehow I really used to think that this nice word is invented in MTF :lol:

star
08-29-2008, 04:13 AM
I enjoyed the match. De Heart played with uh... heart and verve. His girlfriend was great. He hit some great shots and made some great plays, and even better, I was never in fear of Nadal losing. De Heart was such a happy guy out there. It was fun to see.

Deboogle!.
08-29-2008, 04:22 AM
I have dial-up and I find that this site loads very quickly if I set it as restricted under tools, internet options, security, restricted sites, in IE. Some months ago the ads were changed that slowed it down so much that I set it on restricted, and it seems to keep them from even bothering trying to load so the page comes up immediately. I generally keep all sites on restricted that will work that way, prevents ads and even viruses from jumping on. Some sites won't load at all on restricted, but most will, as long as they're not flash/shockwave-based.Ah that's good to know, I'm going to copy your post in the thread in the bugs forum to help the IE users. :)

Scotso
08-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Ryler :hearts:

Rafa :yeah:

jhappy
08-29-2008, 05:59 AM
OK so this was obvioudly not a nail-biter. #1 vs grand slam rookie. Still, De Heart really was a great player to watch after the 1st match and there were some good shots. MacEnroe the commentator... well, at least Alec Baldwin only opened his mouth for a little bit (not anything wrong w/ him other than the fact that he can't follow tennis!).

Venle
08-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Never heard of the opponent :p

the biscuit
08-29-2008, 06:30 AM
^Granted, but there's a shitload of players in the 1st and 2nd round that are ranked +100 or +200, yet it seems that with Rafa it has to be constantly mentioned.

I didn't see the match but if he was 3-0 down against a qualifier it's pretty obvious he has to up his level. :shrug:

Castafiore
08-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Don't tell me he was tired folks, not buying any of that.
Did anybody in here at the moment claim that? :rolleyes:

Rafa does not get tired according to MTF. Even if he looks tired, it's gamesmanship. Didn't you get that memo?

bokehlicious
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM
^Granted, but there's a shitload of players in the 1st and 2nd round that are ranked +100 or +200, yet it seems that with Rafa it has to be constantly mentioned.

I didn't see the match but if he was 3-0 down against a qualifier it's pretty obvious he has to up his level. :shrug:

Because Rafatards like to whine all the time on Rafitos' "unfair draws" compared to Roger's cakewalk draws... :angel: :shrug:

HeretiC
08-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Ryler was probably having time of his life while going up 3-0 against No.1 player. Even more that he totaly outplayed Rafa who looked clueless and helpless in those 3 games. I couldn't believe my eyes either. :eek:

Saumon
08-29-2008, 08:57 AM
OK so this was obvioudly not a nail-biter. #1 vs grand slam rookie. Still, De Heart really was a great player to watch after the 1st match and there were some good shots.

it didn't end that well for the other #1 ;)

Vida
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
:lol: this was a hilarious match... total journeyman about to be ripped apart by Nadal, when suddenly, carried by his cheering fiance from the stands (promptly interviewed for TV) and home crowd - De Heart (who lost in R3 of Bronx challenger to Bozoljac! and struggled through the uso quallies), starts outplaying no.1 player and painting lines with the goofy smile on his face.

:yeah: to Ashe crowd.

pkubik
08-29-2008, 09:57 AM
I watched only 3rd set and Deheart played really great! With that kind of play he would beat everyboby... apart from Rafa...

Deivid23
08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Good win for the #1

Rafalover15
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Good going Rafa

:yeah: :banana:

DhammaTiger
08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Rafa is the best Vamos Rafa :banana: :yippee:

Acer
08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
Fun guy this De Heart!
Well done Rafa getting broken by a guy who plays at tour level for the first time.

SwiSha
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
solid win nummer eins

Pfloyd
08-29-2008, 02:30 PM
LinkMage, if you dislike Nadull so much, why are you always the first one to post his results in a thread in GM?

Donīt get it. . . .

SwiSha
08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
LinkMage, if you dislike Nadull so much, why are you always the first one to post his results in a thread in GM?

Donīt get it. . . .

thats what haters do they hate, the more the better imo

tangerine_dream
08-29-2008, 02:37 PM
Highlight of the match was Aaron Peirsol being interviewed in the stands, showing off his gold medal, and squeaking like a mouse while talking. That effectively ended my crush.

star
08-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Seriously, I think De Heart's girlfriend was the star of the match. The director sort of let us see the match through her eyes, and her sparkling eyes and radiant smile were completely charming. De Heart was a joy as well. After the first set, he got his legs under him and played with no fear, but also without hope of winning, as he revealed in his on-court interview after the match. Personally, I enjoy watching a guy who plays his heart out even knowing he won't win.

Corey Feldman
08-29-2008, 03:31 PM
Seriously, I think De Heart's girlfriend was the star of the match. The director sort of let us see the match through her eyes, and her sparkling eyes and radiant smile were completely charming. De Heart was a joy as well. After the first set, he got his legs under him and played with no fear, but also without hope of winning, as he revealed in his on-court interview after the match. Personally, I enjoy watching a guy who plays his heart out even knowing he won't win.Its funny how you love any match when Nadal is steam rolling some opponent

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Did anybody in here at the moment claim that? :rolleyes:

Not here, not at this moment. But you know very well that it is being mentioned on several other blogs and places...
And besides that, I'm just as much allowed to give my opinion as you are yours. ;)

Rafa does not get tired according to MTF. Even if he looks tired, it's gamesmanship. Didn't you get that memo?

He does, and in that case it's usually quite easy to see. But not in this particular match.

Pfloyd
08-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Not here, not at this moment. But you know very well that it is being mentioned on several other blogs and places...
And besides that, I'm just as much allowed to give my opinion as you are yours. ;)

He does, and in that case it's usually quite easy to see. But not in this particular match.

His fatigue is more mental than physical, and he has stated so.

Still I canīt help but think that after all the accumulated matches he has played this year, if he has one or two long matches he will be more tired than usual for his next opponent.

This tournament will not be easy at all, especially IF Nalbandian continues playing like FIT Dave.

tennizen
08-29-2008, 04:01 PM
:rolls: So much fuss because he got broken once. I noticed some people made the same fuss with Fed's first round. I guess we are all bored these days.

tennizen
08-29-2008, 04:03 PM
Well done, Rafa... but eh... getting broken by this fellow??? Saving energy for the next match I guess. Don't tell me he was tired folks, not buying any of that.

Wise move, Karin. Not believing nonsense is a step in the right direction imo:)

Deboogle!.
08-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Highlight of the match was Aaron Peirsol being interviewed in the stands, showing off his gold medal, and squeaking like a mouse while talking. That effectively ended my crush.hey :armed: :ras: not his fault he sounds like he's constantly pinching his nose:sobbing:

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 04:15 PM

Understandable, but that goes for a lot more players.

Still I canīt help but think that after all the accumulated matches he has played this year, if he has one or two long matches he will be more tired than usual for his next opponent.

This comes with being one of the top players, if not THE top player, as he currently is. You don't get to #1 without playing an awful lot of matches... ask any of his predecessors. Especially that fellow who managed to stay the top dog for 237 successive weeks. ;)
(Of course this year was harder than any before, with the Olympics and other things turning the schedule into quite a mess.)

This tournament will not be easy at all, especially IF Nalbandian continues playing like FIT Dave.

Well... I don't think FIT Dave will be any of a problem to be honest. Let's first see whether Fit Dave will manage to remain Fit Dave for more than two matches in a row. ;)

Aenea
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM

He manages to beat Daniel(82) and a LL Golubev(161) and he suddenly becomes "FIT Dave" :rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
He manages to beat Daniel(82) and a LL Golubev(161) and he suddenly becomes "FIT Dave" :rolleyes:

I just copied Pfloyd's expression. I don't think he's FIT DAVE at all as of yet - just like you I first have to see him beat a non-mug player. ;)

Pfloyd
08-29-2008, 04:38 PM
I just copied Pfloyd's expression. I don't think he's FIT DAVE at all as of yet - just like you I first have to see him beat a non-mug player. ;)

Yeah they are mug players, but Nalbandian has been playin good tennis nonetheless.

Both of the matches I saw he was rock solid.

Normally he would go to 4 sets with both players :tape:

Yeah, Fit Dave is an exagerration, but he´s doing well for now, imho :angel:

As for the mental fatigue true, it goes for other players. But it mostly is affecting Roger and Rafa now, and maybe a little bit Djokovic too.

Winning Wimbledon after sustaining Fed´s come back and having various championship points in the 4th set, winning toronto in HC right after Grass, having to reach semis to become brand new world #1 AND winning the Olympics, with a country on your shoulder is not easy.

Plus being far away from home for so long hurts him a little more than other players, given his closeness to his family.

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 04:43 PM
Yeah, Fit Dave is an exagerration, but heīs doing well for now, imho :angel:

He is. And well he might just be making his annual Two Month Appearance as 'The Landing From Outer Space' - :lol:
I hope not - keep that for Madrid, Fit Dave! :cool:

Sorry for Thread Derailure.
Back on Topic now: apart from the tennis I was rather pleasantly surprised by Raf's outfit as well. More red & white, Rafa! :D

Aenea
08-29-2008, 04:53 PM

My remark weren't aimed at you, Karin, but rather Pfloyd. I quoted his post and I thought it was clear I was replying to him.

As for the mental fatigue true, it goes for other players. But it mostly is affecting Roger and Rafa now, and maybe a little bit Djokovic too.

Winning Wimbledon after sustaining Fedīs come back and having various championship points in the 4th set, winning toronto in HC right after Grass, having to reach semis to become brand new world #1 AND winning the Olympics, with a country on your shoulder is not easy.

Plus being far away from home for so long hurts him a little more than other players, given his closeness to his family.

He will manage. No other player can cope with pressure better than Rafa can.

He is. And well he might just be making his annual Two Month Appearance as 'The Landing From Outer Space' - :lol:
I hope not - keep that for Madrid, Fit Dave! :cool:

Sorry for Thread Derailure.
Back on Topic now: apart from the tennis I was rather pleasantly surprised by Raf's outfit as well. More red & white, Rafa! :D

Yeah but not white top/red shorts. Look at the Reynolds now he's wearing the same style but red top/black pants. Much better choice IMO.

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 04:57 PM
My remark weren't aimed at you, Karin, but rather Pfloyd. I quoted his post and I thought it was clear I was replying to him.

You were indeed, and I should have noticed, but with the board being as wonky as it is right now (at least for me) I didn't care about editing my post... as it would probably have been eaten again...

He will manage. No other player can cope with pressure better than Rafa can.

Absolutely. If he ever had serious problems with being under pressure, having to play a lot of matches and being away from home, he wouldn't be the #1 player right now.

Yeah but not white top/red shorts. Look at the Reynolds now he's wearing the same style but red top/black pants. Much better choice IMO.

That's even better, I agree!

HeretiC
08-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Well... I don't think FIT Dave will be any of a problem to be honest. Let's first see whether Fit Dave will manage to remain Fit Dave for more than two matches in a row. ;)

I don't think that he will make it to the QF, but if he gets there that means that he will be even more that just a problem. :shrug:

Aenea
08-29-2008, 05:05 PM
I don't think that he will make it to the QF, but if he gets there that means that he will be even more that just a problem. :shrug:

Agree on the second part of your post. I think Nalby will make it to QF. Who's gonna stop him? Monfils? Blake? Fish?

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
Agree on the second part of your post. I think Nalby will make it to QF. Who's gonna stop him? Monfils? Blake? Fish?

Stranger things have happened with Nalby... but indeed, if he just keeps on going, he should be a lock in for the QF.

HeretiC
08-29-2008, 05:44 PM

Nalbandian is the ONE who can stop Nalbandian. But I would love to see a QF clash with Rafa.:angel:

Castafiore
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
I didn't say that you weren't allowed to give your opinion, did I? People disagree on things on a message board. Shocking, I know. I just wondered why you brought it up since it wasn't an issue at the moment.

Several other blogs and places? :lol: You don't have enough of the nonsense you read here, you need to drag other nonsense here as well? I'll keep it in mind the next time I feel like commenting on a Fed match for example: note: drag in nonsense you read on other blogs. Should be fun.

He does, and in that case it's usually quite easy to see. But not in this particular match.And nobody brought it up in here. Great, isn't it?

I don't think it's always that easy to see. Certainly not by us, who are sitting here behind our computer or in front of our tv. I do think that mental fatigue is possibly an issue but it's hard for us, outsiders, to judge so it shouldn't be an issue for us IMO and it was most certainly not relevant for this match.

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I didn't say that you weren't allowed to give your opinion, did I? People disagree on things on a message board. Shocking, I know. I just wondered why you brought it up since it wasn't an issue at the moment.

So I am only allowed to bring up issues under discussion at the very moment?

Several other blogs and places? :lol: You don't have enough of the nonsense you read here, you need to drag other nonsense here as well? I'll keep it in mind the next time I feel like commenting on a Fed match for example: note: drag in nonsense you read on other blogs. Should be fun.

Can't help it, it is out there. And yes, I read it. Whether it is nonsense or not - I don't know. The only thing I stated is that I don't believe it.
But do go ahead, when you want to comment on a Fed match. That is what discussion is for.

I don't think it's always that easy to see. Certainly not by us, who are sitting here behind our computer or in front of our tv. I do think that mental fatigue is possibly an issue but it's hard for us, outsiders, to judge so it shouldn't be an issue for us IMO and it was most certainly not relevant for this match.

Fully agree with you here.

Castafiore
08-29-2008, 07:28 PM
So I am only allowed to bring up issues under discussion at the very moment?
I didn't use the word "allowed". :shrug: Please don't put words into my mouth. :) I'm merely challenging the relevance of the issue from my own viewpoint, not stopping you from posting it.

I do think that when you bring stuff you read from other sites out of the blue into this one, it helps the discussion if you add links or at least mention the source. But that's just my viewpoint. Luckily, I don't have to run this forum. ;)

Sunset of Age
08-29-2008, 08:11 PM
I didn't use the word "allowed". :shrug: Please don't put words into my mouth. :) I'm merely challenging the relevance of the issue from my own viewpoint, not stopping you from posting it.

Well, I can't help but feel you reacted to me in a little bit blunt way - scusi if not at all the intention - so yes that made me a bit blunt as well. No prob by the way.

I do think that when you bring stuff you read from other sites out of the blue into this one, it helps the discussion if you add links or at least mention the source. But that's just my viewpoint. Luckily, I don't have to run this forum. ;)

You're right, but there were quite a few, and, with regards to the poor state the forum was in yesterday, causing about 95% of my posts being eaten by the net, I didn't bother digging them up and post them. Will do so in the future. But now let's just leave it and have a nice go at Roger's piss-poor performance of today, m'kay? :D ;)