USO R1: Roddick triple bagels Santoro 6-2 6-2 6-2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO R1: Roddick triple bagels Santoro 6-2 6-2 6-2

LinkMage
08-28-2008, 03:54 AM
This is the best I've seen Roddick play in a long time.

ryan23
08-28-2008, 03:56 AM
What was all that at the end? Santoro wasent happy with Roddick

fast_clay
certainly was frothing at the mouth tonight this roddick...

Clydey
Yep, Roddick was outstanding tonight. Very unprofessional behaviour from Santoro at the end. That was unlike him.

Ilovetheblues_86
08-28-2008, 03:57 AM
Santoro had a childish attitude, it was a strong serve on him, why should Roddick ask apologies? Off course it was better for him to apologises, but Santoro´s decision not to play the last point was more due to his frustration than because Roddick didn´t apologise.

The Freak
08-28-2008, 03:58 AM
Yep, Roddick was outstanding tonight. Very unprofessional behaviour from Santoro at the end. That was unlike him.

Not really.

Yeah Roddick looked good out there, and that is not a triple bagel.

ryan23
Gulbis/Roddick is gonna be a great match

~*BGT*~
What was all that at the end? Santoro wasent happy with Roddick

Looking at the replay, he almost hit Fab with a serve. I'd be mad too. :lol: Andy just explained that he tried to serve down the T but the ball got away from him and he hit a body serve. He apologized at net though. :shrug:

LleytonMonfils
Don't sleep on Roddick in this tournament. I know it is the first round, but he looked a lot better than I have seen him in quite some time. Gulbis in the next round should be interesting.

ryan23
08-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Looking at the replay, he almost hit Fab with a serve. I'd be mad too. :lol: Andy just explained that he tried to serve down the T but the ball got away from him and he hit a body serve. He apologized at net though. :shrug:

Not Roddicks fault that Santoro is about 4 foot only in height :D

Jimnik
Nice performance from Andy. I hope he can keep it up.

Ernie will be a very different proposition.

Voo de Mar
I thought Santoro would create some trouble for Roddick. Meanwhile he created some pathetic stuff :rolleyes: It's time to retire. I think Santoro should play his final match next year in Roland Garros...
That match tells nothing about Roddick's present form.

Clydey
08-28-2008, 04:00 AM

It doesn't matter where he served. Santoro has no cause to be mad because the ball nearly hit him. Very childish of him to behave like that.

GinaPL
08-28-2008, 04:00 AM
wtf, Santoro at match point... :rolleyes:

Nice one by Roddick, but after 3-4 games match get soooo predictable :/
And agree - Roddick/Gulbis should be entertaining

cobalt60
08-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Nice match fom Roddick :yeah:

Deboogle!.
08-28-2008, 04:03 AM
That match tells nothing about Roddick's recent form.His form, maybe not, but his attitude was great. He was standing mostly on the baseline and really going for his shots. I don't remember the last time Andy finished a match with over 40 winners - even when you take out his aces, he hit a lot of passing winners and a lot of good forehands, which for him is a big deal because lately he's been pussying his FH even against opponents who aren't playing well. So just the fact that he was going for it is a good sign. Of course, it gets much tougher so you are right that he will have to now do the same thing against a much better more aggressive opponent.

Anyway, the thing at the end was strange, but I think Santoro just misunderstood, I wouldn't blame either of them :shrug:

helen10
Santoro had a childish attitude, it was a strong serve on him, why should Roddick ask apologies? Off course it was better for him to apologises, but Santoro´s decision not to play the last point was more due to his frustration than because Roddick didn´t apologise.

I agree...not Santoro's finest hour but I think he was just generally frustrated. I don't like to see a last point not being played though...

Definitely the best I've seen Roddick play for ages - he looks a lot more focused but his match against Gulbis will be interesting. Depends which Gulbis turns up.

Pfloyd
Good Roddick, hard serving, hard hitting.

Santoro could'nt do much, but he's not the player he was 3 years ago.

Anyway, good to see Roddick doing decent. :yeah:

Fee
08-28-2008, 04:04 AM
Not really.

Yeah Roddick looked good out there, and that is not a triple bagel.

To mediter it is. Perhaps someone can point you to the post where he actually explains how a 3 set win in a Slam is a triple bagel (and then tries to deny that he likes those funny brownies).

A body serve is a perfectly legitimate tactic in tennis, every player knows it and Andy doesn't owe anybody an apology for that. Bad form from Fabrice.

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Santoro didn't show. Wow! Roddick played OK though. I think his match with Gulbis will be close. Come to think of it, there are not many after Gulbis that can actually handle Roddick. So really if he beats Gulbis, then he might get his shot at Djokovic. Wow! I am stunned!

tangerine_dream
08-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Patrick McEnroe = Coach of the Year. :worship:

Seriously, that was one of Andy's best matches of the year. Now all he needs to do is replicate that six more times. :sobbing: Gulbis will be a challenge for him.

No magic from Fabrice tonight, he got blown off the court from the first game. :hug: That second to last serve ticked him off because he thought Andy was deliberately trying to hit him; he wasn't, he had misfired trying to go up the T. Andy was apologetic afterwards. Santoro basically gave up in the last few games and probably wondered why Andy continued to send down rockets on him. That's just the way Andy plays, it's nothing personal. :shrug:

leng jai
08-28-2008, 04:10 AM
His form, maybe not, but his attitude was great. He was standing mostly on the baseline and really going for his shots. I don't remember the last time Andy finished a match with over 40 winners - even when you take out his aces, he hit a lot of passing winners and a lot of good forehands, which for him is a big deal because lately he's been pussying his FH even against opponents who aren't playing well. So just the fact that he was going for it is a good sign. Of course, it gets much tougher so you are right that he will have to now do the same thing against a much better more aggressive opponent.

Anyway, the thing at the end was strange, but I think Santoro just misunderstood, I wouldn't blame either of them :shrug:

Hitting winners against the pace of shot of Santoro :worship:

Voo de Mar
08-28-2008, 04:11 AM
Seriously, that was one of Andy's best matches of the year.

It's interesting how different is human perception. For some of us it was a great match by Roddick but for me it was terrible performance by Santoro. I've been watching him for 18 years and don't remember when he was in such a bad mood like today.

But I have to agree with Deb, Roddick's attitude was very good. Very concentrated, he even forgot to play second game in the 2nd set without sitting on the chair :)

leng jai
08-28-2008, 04:13 AM
Oh man the ducktards are getting desperate these days.

fast_clay
08-28-2008, 04:13 AM
i havent seen roddick slap the sh!t out of his forehand like that for a while... teed off on quite a few tonight...

funny... i used to hate the way he played when he came on the scene at the start of the decade... now, its good to see it back in some sort of shape...

the gimps that fed made of both hewitt and roddick were always gonna hurt for a while... but i think everyone can see the playing field levelling just a little... hope andy can go deep here... for sentimental value...

Deboogle!.
08-28-2008, 04:14 AM
It's interesting how different is human perception. For some of us it was a great match by Roddick but for me it was terrible performance by Santoro. I've been watching him for 18 years and don't remember when he was in such a bad mood like today.Maybe it's not a good idea to put down the racquets for an entire month. Johnny Mac (if he was right) said many times that he basically was just vacationing for a month since his last match almost 6 weeks ago. I mean that's fine and all, but you can't really honestly expect to come into a grand slam and be too successful, even if he hadn't drawn a high seed.

SheepleBuster
It's interesting how different is human perception. For some of us it was a great match by Roddick but for me it was terrible performance by Santoro. I've been watching him for 18 years and don't remember when he was in such a bad mood like today.

I think Roddick fans always get excited too soon. Roddick didn't get a chance to show his form. He just battered a guy who hasn't played for 5 - 6 weeks! Besides, this was a strategic tank by Santoro. He is playing doubles with Gasquet and he thought he had a better chance winning with Gasquet than by his own. And it's not the McEnroe effect that we saw. I'd say it's the Brooklyn effect.

tangerine_dream
No I don't think Santoro was playing near his best either, and he was downright grumpy in that last set for which I don't blame him, he couldn't do anything on Andy's serve and after facing so many bombs in the first two sets he probably just wanted to get out of there in a hurry (which he did). That last serve was the last straw for him, he looked like he was ready to explode. Not Fabrice's finest hour.

GinaPL
08-28-2008, 04:15 AM
That second to last serve ticked him off because he thought Andy was deliberately trying to hit him; he wasn't, he had misfired trying to go up the T. Andy was apologetic afterwards. Santoro basically gave up in the last few games and probably wondered why Andy continued to send down rockets on him. That's just the way Andy plays, it's nothing personal. :shrug:

if guy in professional sport thinks that playing good, and closing the deal as soon as possible is personal then this guy has a problem.

Andy didnt have to be apologetic...

The Freak
To mediter it is. Perhaps someone can point you to the post where he actually explains how a 3 set win in a Slam is a triple bagel (and then tries to deny that he likes those funny brownies).

A body serve is a perfectly legitimate tactic in tennis, every player knows it and Andy doesn't owe anybody an apology for that. Bad form from Fabrice.

Only 6-3 6-3 6-3 is a true triple bagel if i'm not mistaken.

shotgun
Chris Seahorse will be bitter at Roddick for years after what happened in the last point.

helen10

I am one of those who did think it was an impressive performance by Roddick, but yes, I did think Santoro was well 'off' today. Did John McEnroe (or some other commentator) say that Santoro had taken 5-6 weeks off over the summer? This could explain it, but I might have misheard..so much drivel spoken during US Open commentary...I often switch off.

~*BGT*~
08-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Gasquet/Santoro withdrew like hours ago.

cobalt60
08-28-2008, 04:16 AM
Amazing how MTF never disappoints me :hearts:

Deboogle!.
08-28-2008, 04:17 AM
I am one of those who did think it was an impressive performance by Roddick, but yes, I did think Santoro was well 'off' today. Did John McEnroe (or some other commentator) say that Santoro had taken 5-6 weeks off over the summer? This could explain it, but I might have misheard..so much drivel spoken during US Open commentary...I often switch off.Yes you heard correctly. And I think it was a combination of both. Andy's played plenty of opponents lately who played like crap and he hasn't really gone for his shots. he did tonight, and his court positioning was good, and that makes a very big difference for him.

And for those who can't seem to get enough "ducktard" bashing, most of the people here really gushing over his play aren't even Andy fans :lol: Tangy and myself and others are well aware that Santoro was nowhere near his best :lol:

sheeter
08-28-2008, 04:18 AM
A nice, solid match from Roddick. No stupid net approaches, great serving, aggressive forehands and some energy. Good signs.

helen10
08-28-2008, 04:19 AM
Only 6-3 6-3 6-3 is a true triple bagel if i'm not mistaken.

I hope you're joking/being sarcastic :confused:

Fee
08-28-2008, 04:22 AM
I hope you're joking/being sarcastic :confused:

You should go back and read the thread again. Concentrate on Agent Zero's first post, then my response to him, then his response to me. It should make sense after that.

Yes, Fabrice did not play his tennis, but his poor play had nothing to do with the fact that Andy hit so many BH crosscourt passing shots that I began to wonder if I should re-stock the bomb shelter and prepare for the earth's finals days. (And I didn't even see the last set, I was watching Biden to see if he would trip over his own tongue - no such luck).

Voo de Mar
08-28-2008, 04:25 AM
In the next round we will see what is Roddick worth. I don't tell you that Gulbis is a favourite but I will be very surprised if Roddick wins it in straight sets. To be honest I feel Gulbis will win this match in 4 sets. Maybe 88 generation is a bad omen for Andy, he has lost this summer to Cilic and Del Potro so why he shouldn't lose to Gulbis too?

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:26 AM
I switched my channel to watch Joe Biden after the first 2 sets. It was depressing to see Santoro not show up. Credit to Andy though. He was a jerk all around.

Havok
08-28-2008, 04:27 AM
I'm just happy to see some more pounding of the groundstrokes out there today. It has been a very long time that Andy hasn't hit that many outright winners off the ground. He was even returning serves in proper position and wasn't standing beside the ball kids while playing points which is good to see!:yeah:

Too bad for Santoro, obviously not his finest performance. I think he calls it quits at the end of the 09 season, or probably right after RG 09 if he crashes and burns. A shame but it is time for him to leave the game, at least in singles.

helen10
08-28-2008, 04:28 AM
[QUOTE=Fee;7559412]You should go back and read the thread again. Concentrate on Agent Zero's first post, then my response to him, then his response to me. It should make sense after that.
QUOTE]

I did - I know what you're getting at - it's just that I disagree with MTF's general opinion of what a bagel/triple bagel is...I'm not trying to be difficult :D

~Maya~
08-28-2008, 04:30 AM
Roddick was shining on the court. Good stuff from him tonight. Santoro looked desperate out there. Maybe he didn't expect such good showing from Andy (like the majority of MTF)

selyoink
08-28-2008, 04:31 AM
I love Santoro and his magic but he is clearly past it. I think he will be back next year though as I'm sure he wants to defend his Newport title again. He might be wise to skip the slams other than the French for obvious reasons if he does come back. Not sure his legs have what it takes to win a best of 5 match anymore.

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:34 AM
Santoro showed where Gasquet has been getting his lessons from. Biggest choke job in the open era tonight. The guy couldn't return anything. Now that wouldn't be surprising had he not beaten Roddick earlier this year. I was expecting a closer match like 6-4, 6-4, 7-5 kind of score for Andy but Santoro was clearly suffering from the time zone difference between Tahiti and NY.

Chip_s_m
08-28-2008, 04:39 AM
I think Roddick fans always get excited too soon. Roddick didn't get a chance to show his form. He just battered a guy who hasn't played for 5 - 6 weeks! Besides, this was a strategic tank by Santoro. He is playing doubles with Gasquet and he thought he had a better chance winning with Gasquet than by his own. And it's not the McEnroe effect that we saw. I'd say it's the Brooklyn effect.

The US Open is in Queens not Brooklyn. :wavey:

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:41 AM
I was talking about the other Brooklyn bro!

MrChopin
08-28-2008, 04:41 AM
Santoro showed where Gasquet has been getting his lessons from. Biggest choke job in the open era tonight. The guy couldn't return anything. Now that wouldn't be surprising had he not beaten Roddick earlier this year. I was expecting a closer match like 6-4, 6-4, 7-5 kind of score for Andy but Santoro was clearly suffering from the time zone difference between Tahiti and NY.

More like the time zone difference between 1990 and 2008. Still, good win for Roddick.

Fee
08-28-2008, 04:42 AM
I switched my channel to watch Joe Biden after the first 2 sets. It was depressing to see Santoro not show up. Credit to Andy though. He was a jerk all around.

How was he a jerk?

I did - I know what you're getting at - it's just that I disagree with MTF's general opinion of what a bagel/triple bagel is...I'm not trying to be difficult :D

Oh that's not MTF's general opinion, that's just a bad quote from mediter that refuses to die. I don't mind seeing it come back here and there, it still makes me laugh.

NinaNina19
08-28-2008, 04:42 AM
Getting passed by Roddick's backhand at the net numeous times, this guy really is the magician :worship: .

selyoink
08-28-2008, 04:45 AM
Getting passed by Roddick's backhand at the net numeous times, this guy really is the magician :worship: .

:haha:

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:45 AM
I don't know about you but it looks to me Rafa plays better everytime he gets that warning. He has probably never lost because of those warnings.

Voo de Mar
08-28-2008, 04:46 AM
Flying Andy :lol:

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20080828/capt.0e6318135fe64722b6b3ce7b28121f59.us_open_tenn is_nyea213.jpg

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:47 AM
How was he a jerk?

Oh that's not MTF's general opinion, that's just a bad quote from mediter that refuses to die. I don't mind seeing it come back here and there, it still makes me laugh.

I just don't like him when he yells and pump fists after winning points like he has won a Golden Slam. I just don't see why he needs to do that. Even Rafa doesn't do it.

Toko
08-28-2008, 04:49 AM
I just don't like him when he yells and pump fists after winning points like he has won a Golden Slam. I just don't see why he needs to do that. Even Rafa doesn't do it.

Rafa pumps his fist and yells VAMOOOOS all the time:confused::confused::confused:

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Well. He does it because he is a winner

Toko
08-28-2008, 04:51 AM
Well. He does it because he is a winner

But you said nothing about being a "winner", you just said pumping your fist and yelling is being a jerk?:confused:

~Maya~
08-28-2008, 04:54 AM

I never understood why people are bothered by something like that. Players use different methods to pump themselves up and keep their confidence level high. I don't think it is done to intimidate anybody or to make some statement of being superior or so

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 04:54 AM
I think you deserve to fist pump if you win 1. an important point 2. In a close match 3. when you have won big titles lately. Roddick did it in a beat down, a rout of gigantic magnitude

Chip_s_m
08-28-2008, 05:01 AM
I was talking about the other Brooklyn bro!

My bad I totally forget about her. Not sure how that happened :devil:

Fee
08-28-2008, 05:02 AM

:lol: ( :secret: yes he does)

I think you deserve to fist pump if you win 1. an important point 2. In a close match 3. when you have won big titles lately. Roddick did it in a beat down, a rout of gigantic magnitude

:haha: :haha: :haha:

You're funny. :)

rocketassist
08-28-2008, 05:12 AM
Roddick hasn't played that well since Dubai.

People moaning about Santoro- shush. I was kinda disappointed with him, I was hoping for another five setter like Blake where the American crowd would be wowed again, alas it wasn't to be :(

leng jai
08-28-2008, 05:13 AM

:mad:

Fumus
08-28-2008, 05:26 AM
MTF what a fickle bunch of bandwagoners we are.

He's gone from probably going to lose to Santoro and definitly going to lose to Gulbis, to he's got a shot at Djokovic.

Let's not overrate a single performance.

Roddick played "ok"(albeit it's better than he has looked). Fabrice played terrible just awful...awful. Anyone remember what James Blake had to deal with last year? No excuse for giving up like that at the end by Santoro. Roddick did crush some tennis balls from the back of the court which was impressive and the return looked good too. I see Andy trying to play this way against Gulbis for a few games and then going back to passive stuff in the big moments/as soon as he gets down. I hope I'm wrong though.

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 05:26 AM

My bad I totally forget about her. Not sure how that happened :devil:

Ted Robinson finally got one thing right that Roddich has indeed overachieved :devil: That was the line of the night but of course McEnroe had to ruin it with his personal story about how he wanted to get it on tonight

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 05:27 AM
MTF what a fickle bunch of bandwagoners we are.

He's gone from probably going to lose to Santoro and definitly going to lose to Gulbis, to he's got a shot at Djokovic.

Let's not overrate a single performance.

Roddick played "ok"(albeit it's better than he has looked). Fabrice played terrible just awful...awful. Anyone remember what James Blake had to deal with last year? No excuse for giving up like that at the end by Santoro. Roddick did crush some tennis balls from the back of the court which was impressive and the return looked good too. I see Andy trying to play this way against Gulbis for a few games and then going back to passive stuff in the big moments/as soon as he gets down. I hope I'm wrong though.

I don't know what's it about the NY as Roddick always gets lucky. Net cords on break points, and his dangerous opponents often injure themselves or have food poisoning.

ChinoRios4Ever
08-28-2008, 06:50 AM
I told you
I told you
peaking for USO :p :D

WTF Fab at the end? :confused:

lina_seta
08-28-2008, 06:56 AM
impressive stuff!

do we have our #1 dark horse in USO?

Tommy fan
08-28-2008, 07:25 AM
WD Andy :)

Sorry for Fabrice though

Tommy_Vercetti
08-28-2008, 07:52 AM
Hasn't Santoro retired like five times?

Truc
08-28-2008, 08:09 AM
No, never, the media kept writing that about him, but he never said he's going to retire.

But he isn't being very professional anymore. He said in interviews before the match he arrived in NYC without proper preparation, almost played a club event in Cavalière last week, etc.
http://www.fft.fr/usopen/2008/?id=4009 (Santoro et les vacances)

Neely
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Roddick was pretty good overall in avoiding too many stupid mistakes. But he doesn't apply pressure with his forehand as he used to in his very good times.

BTW, I don't even think that Santoro was mad about the body serve in the second to last point. He already swung wildly at a serve and intentionally hit it up the stands in Roddick's last service game as he had 40-0. I think he was pissed off at himself that he could give Federer better matches, but not Roddick yesterday.

FairWeatherFan
08-28-2008, 11:05 AM
Santoro is somewhat misrepresented in terms of his class IMO. I remember in a match in the AO against Flip a few years ago he spat at a linesman when upset at a call.

HeretiC
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Give credit where it is due. Of course that Fabrice was sort of rusty in this match, but the fact is that the balls he is hitting are very hard to hit winners of them, no pace, very spinned and low bounced and that was the area where Roddick did well. Gulbis is a diferent storry, it will be interesting to see how Andy will respond to an agresive baseliner and will he be able to tame the heavy pace that Ernests will be firing at him.

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
Are the U.S. Open courts dimensions standard? It felt like the courts were a little too wide last night as Roddick never ever puts consecutive passing shots inside the court. Maybe that's USTA's strategy to help Roddick get another slam by making the courts bigger.

janko
08-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Wouldn't triple bagels be 6-0 6-0 6-0?

finishingmove
08-28-2008, 11:46 AM
andy can win this thing

Black Adam
08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
Are the U.S. Open courts dimensions standard? It felt like the courts were a little too wide last night as Roddick never ever puts consecutive passing shots inside the court. Maybe that's USTA's strategy to help Roddick get another slam by making the courts bigger.

Pathetic trolling attempt from you again. Do you remember the ridiculous time when you wanted nadal to apologise for the pathetic racist behaviour of the spanish basket ball team which he isn't even on ? Stop with the pitiful trolling man. If you can't stand that much Andy then don't watch his matches.

the graduate
08-28-2008, 11:56 AM
I couldnt stand watching Andy huffing and puffing sweating all over the place,his pacing all over the place was making me dizzy:mad:

Naranoc
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't triple bagels be 6-0 6-0 6-0?

It all stems from this little gem by mediter.

Stuipid ignoramus.There is no logic or basis on which you are saying.stop wasting internet bandwidth by posting such drivel birdbrain.

64,64,64= 3-0 = triple bagel

QED.

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 01:00 PM
Pathetic trolling attempt from you again. Do you remember the ridiculous time when you wanted nadal to apologise for the pathetic racist behaviour of the spanish basket ball team which he isn't even on ? Stop with the pitiful trolling man. If you can't stand that much Andy then don't watch his matches.

You have absolutely no sense of humor. The Nadal thing I was serious about but this meant to be a joke man. What's wrong with you?

michellej
08-28-2008, 01:14 PM
Santoro, by contrast, was thoroughly demoralised and on the last point of the 87-minute match stood passively and never lifted his racket as Roddick signed off with an ace.

The Frenchman had to duck away from a Roddick rocket serve on the previous point that whizzed straight at him at 140 miles an hour.

"I was really disappointed the way he had served the point before. He served right at me for sure," Santoro said, before cooling off and applauding Roddick's overall performance.

"He's a good guy: I like him."

Roddick, 25, said he was aiming up the middle and missed.

"I wasn't going for him up 6-2 6-2 5-2," he said. "It was a bad miss. I was really excited about the way I was playing. To end it that way was a little disappointing."

MacTheKnife
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM

Thanks for clarifying, now I've heard it all.. :haha: :haha:

bambelbitz
08-28-2008, 02:12 PM
Very good performance by Andy!! But Gulbis will give him a tough time!

Corey Feldman
08-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Roddick the jerk trying to kill Fabrice

Fabs should have butted him at the net - go out in a blaze of glory like Zidane

Fumus
08-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Roddick the jerk trying to kill Fabrice

Fabs should have butted him at the net - go out in a blaze of glory like Zidane

:worship:

pkubik
08-28-2008, 02:48 PM
Santoro is a child... how can Roddick try to hit him, when the serve was in? Time to say goodbye Fabrice... Compilation of poor Fabrice and great Andy gave 6-2 6-2 6-2, nothing to talk about it...

Angle Queen
08-28-2008, 03:04 PM
No need for Andy to apologize. Even if it was intentional, body serves are effective...and acceptable.

Watched Fabrice many times over the years; never seen him so lackidasical...and, perhaps, unhappy. Hope he can find the magic again. :sad:

Good on you, Andy.

janko
08-28-2008, 03:10 PM

Thanks for that :wavey: That's just too funny!! :haha: Actually, it's even funnier that people fell for it! D)

SheepleBuster
08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
I really like to see how ATP deals with a situation like NBA when players attacked the fans. Has that ever happened?

star
08-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Santoro is somewhat misrepresented in terms of his class IMO. I remember in a match in the AO against Flip a few years ago he spat at a linesman when upset at a call.

This is very true. He can be a prima donna and a real asshole sometimes on the court. People forgive him because he's so entertaining. He also likes to play mind games with his opponent. I don't really care. He is the way he is. He's got a great game and fundamentaly he is an o.k. guy. Nobody is perfect.

Modetopia
08-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Dodge ball is for pussy.:p

Kolya
08-30-2008, 06:06 PM
Dodge ball is for pussy.:p

Good movie :p