USO R1: Alves def Capdeville 4-6 1-6 6-1 7-6(2) 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO R1: Alves def Capdeville 4-6 1-6 6-1 7-6(2) 6-4

finishingmove
08-27-2008, 02:05 AM
:haha:

capdeville reminds us why people put the 'r' in his name.

FiBeR
:cuckoo: Capdeville was always leading and was even 4-2 in the 5th set

:p Nice win by Alves :worship: keep up the good stuff ^^

Crapdeville :smash:

FiBeR
:p damn..you were quicker :p

Ilovetheblues_86
08-27-2008, 02:08 AM
Some Alves magic for the world.
Next Gonzalez (or that Mug Fedrer, Federrer, something like that).

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 02:09 AM
Gonzalez vs Alves is a very winnable match.

finishingmove
08-27-2008, 02:15 AM
he will lose in the next round to maximo gonzalez imo.

shotgun
08-27-2008, 03:16 AM
What a fighter, this Alves. :worship:

I'm used to seeing him in SA challengers, so it will be nice to see him at AA stadium for a change. :D

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 03:32 AM
he will lose in the next round to maximo gonzalez imo.

He might play Frauderer.

Great chance for Alves!

savesthedizzle
08-27-2008, 04:02 AM
From someone in the stands, let me just say, this was an INCREDIBLE match. The atmosphere was absolutely electric and in the fourth and fifth sets both guys fell to the ground writhing around in pain from cramps.. there were definitely times when it seemed like both guys were completely done, but Alves is such a little fighter :worship: :worship:

It's probably my favorite match I've ever been to at the US Open :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 04:04 AM
Alves conqueting Americans' hearts! :p

*Viva Chile*
08-27-2008, 04:10 AM
Another expected performance from Mugaul Crapdeville :rolleyes:

Losing after have won the first 2 sets :o

savesthedizzle
08-27-2008, 04:11 AM
Alves conqueting Americans' hearts! :p

You have no idea. I will now name my first born son Thiago :worship:

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 04:15 AM
You have no idea. I will now name my first born son Thiago :worship:

:lol:

:worship: you Jess for following a true mug-a-thon!

savesthedizzle
08-27-2008, 04:17 AM

:worship: you Jess for following a true mug-a-thon!

It was by far the best match of the day :rolls:

Then again, the match I saw right before was Gremelmayr/Troicki vs. Starace/Schwank... and ANYTHING would be better than that tragedy.

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 04:19 AM
It was by far the best match of the day :rolls:

Then again, the match I saw right before was Gremelmayr/Troicki vs. Starace/Schwank... and ANYTHING would be better than that tragedy.

Well, that was a perfect mug-off. :p

Toko
08-27-2008, 04:27 AM
I will now name my first born son Thiago :worship:

Not if I have anything to do with it.

savesthedizzle
08-27-2008, 04:31 AM
Not if I have anything to do with it.

Luckily there are no current plans to procreate with you that I know of :D

Snoo Foo
08-27-2008, 04:45 AM
This was one of the awesomest matches I've ever seen live, Thiago is a fucking murderer. And a sweetheart. Mark my words, he will win this tournament. Plus it had all the Chi-chi-chi-lay-lay-lay crap going on. Dy-no-mite.

savesthedizzle
08-27-2008, 04:48 AM
This was one of the awesomest matches I've ever seen live, Thiago is a fucking murderer. And a sweetheart. Mark my words, he will win this tournament. Plus it had all the Chi-chi-chi-lay-lay-lay crap going on. Dy-no-mite.

:worship:

Except I did not like Thiago's cramping one bit. :unsure: That is probably the most uncomfortable I've ever felt at my favorite match ever. :tape:

Were you there? When the trainer would touch him and he would go, "NO NO NO NO NO NONONONONONONONO" because that was not cool. :tape:

Snoo Foo
08-27-2008, 04:51 AM
I don't know how many threads there are devoted to this match, but however many it is, it isn't enough. Cadillac had no chance against Thiago the Beast, wouldn't matter what the score was, Thiago will tear off your arms and legs and ears, with his teeth, and chew them up, and spit them out, and stop on you. Cuz he is fierce. Be afraid. Be very afraid. :worship:

Snoo Foo
08-27-2008, 04:58 AM
I was sitting like two seats down from adorable Bruno Soares... I was screaming my lungs out, spilling my plentiful belongings all over the place... Thiago, my darling ferocious muppet face... :hearts:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-27-2008, 05:05 AM
yes, Mugaul got injuried in the 4th set, but he cant lose to that clown after having 4-2* and bps for *5-2 in the last set :rolleyes: :smash:

Frauderer will kill him

Snoo Foo
08-27-2008, 05:35 AM
Thiago will disembowel poor Roger, I hope Nike can knit him a kevlar cardigan.

savesthedizzle
08-27-2008, 05:36 AM
Thiago is unstoppable :shrug: Fact.

Snoo Foo
08-27-2008, 05:44 AM
Thiago's eyebrows will destroy Roger.

Deathless Mortal
08-27-2008, 08:43 AM
:worship: :worship:
Thiago :rocker2:

Jelena
08-27-2008, 08:46 AM
Oh well, I went to bed after following the match on sb until it reached the 5th set (at 2am). Ouch to hear about the cramps, nice to see Thiago fight his way through though.

Guille.
08-27-2008, 10:53 AM
Thiago :worship:

Caio_Brasil
08-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Jess and Snoo Foo, your words are so nice to write, I'm serious :)

I could write a million things here, but I'll just quote what I wrote when he qualified:

Thiago :) I'm very happy for him :)

He had a good run in 2006 and reached the top 100. At that year US Open he defeated Zabaleta and lost to Verdasco at the second round. In 2007 he totally lost his focus and dropped to out of the top 300, having to play even futures at the end of the year, without success.

In January he went to play São Paulo challenger qualies, and after almost losing the first round he entered the main draw to be the champion of the tournament. I was there and had the opportunity to watch 4 of his matches. He was playing great, his devolutions were incredible and his baseline game was pretty intense, with the serve helping too. But the most important thing was that you could see in his eyes and attitude that he wanted so much to get back to his best days.

During this year he reached some challenger quarter-finals, some semi-finals and was runner-up at the strong Segovia challenger this month, beating GGL, Ventura and Berrer before losing to Stakhovsky in a close final. Now he is in the main draw of US Open :worship:

Watch out at him, he can pull a surprise if he plays his best tennis. Vamos Thiago :)

I had an impression he was a nice guy, and now wjat you both said and specially Snoo Foo's PM about him kinda confirmed that :) I hope he enjoys playing at the Center Court of a Slam, and let's go for it! Roger isn't unbeatable :D

Congratulations Thiagão :worship:

EDIT: a big :worship: to SporTv, the Brazilian channel covering the Open. They are in NY in the number of 4 people to cover it and they got a permission from the organizers to show the match to Brazil from a security camera of the Court 7! We here had the opportunity to watch the match-point and Thiago falling to the floor :worship:

GugaF1
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Alright guys let´s calm down. I think Alves strenght comes more from his mindset atitude, which is very personal and competitive. But, his actual game is a quite average baseline game with no real weapon, aside from a solid forehand. I think if Federer is on, he will be able to pick Thiago apart. Let´s wai and see, I would just like to see Thiago recover completely from this exhausting match.

EnriqueIG8
08-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Nice comeback, he will get out in straights in next round though.

shotgun
08-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Alright guys let´s calm down. I think Alves strenght comes more from his mindset atitude, which is very personal and competitive. But, his actual game is a quite average baseline game with no real weapon, aside from a solid forehand. I think if Federer is on, he will be able to pick Thiago apart. Let´s wai and see, I would just like to see Thiago recover completely from this exhausting match.

You obviously didn't get the true spirit of those posts. :shrug:

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Alves is the favorite in his next match, that's for sure.

bambelbitz
08-27-2008, 11:10 PM
:haha:

capdeville reminds us why people put the 'r' in his name.

:haha: :haha: :haha: