USO R1 (11) Gonzalez stops Navarro Pastor - 7-6(3) 6-3 4-6 7-6(5) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

USO R1 (11) Gonzalez stops Navarro Pastor - 7-6(3) 6-3 4-6 7-6(5)

+alonso
08-26-2008, 09:10 PM
It was a tough match! :eek: I couldn't see it sadly..

I am glad Feña got through. :cool:

F Gonzalez
62 winners to 32 UEs
14 aces to 4 DFs
I Navarro
48 winners to 24 UEs
21 aces to 5 DFs :eek:

Interesting match..

scarecrows
08-26-2008, 09:11 PM
Gonzalez should just play and stop being a dick on court

A_Skywalker
08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
There was a bad call at Bp for Navarro, he could have served for 5th set. I would be very upset if I was him.

+alonso
08-26-2008, 09:12 PM
What happened? :scratch: Could you tell about it?

RsaibotD
08-26-2008, 09:13 PM
gonzo didn't play good, thank God Navarro is a choker on tie breaks :p.... congrats gonzo :yeah:

scarecrows
08-26-2008, 09:14 PM

twice in the 4th set he was argueing with the umpire and linejudgest about some call delaying the game for a good couple of minutes.
There was a game (11th maybe :scratch:) where Navarro made a great BH pass and screamed "vamos". Gonzalez won that game after saving and in all 6-7 points he won he screamed Vamos as much as he could

scoobs
08-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Vamosing after EVERY point at stages of the fourth set - pantomiming how to call a line to a line judge who he though did him out of a point...he was a bit like a sulky Roddick today.

+alonso
08-26-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys! :o :lol:

Stgobaiano
08-26-2008, 09:20 PM

He has been always a dick. No surprise there. And you haven`t seem him in Viña del Mar:o

VAMOOOOHHHH!!!:retard::retard:

Voo de Mar
08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Fat Ivan was a few times two points away from fifth set. I don't know why Fena was so angry today, maybe because he lost one set :confused: Fat Ivan hasn't weapons to beat Gonzalez.

PiggyGotRoasted
08-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Vamos

bambelbitz
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Saw the fourth set of this match on eurosport and I was quite suprised that all this bitching from Fernando didn't break his rhythm.

Lopez
08-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Saw the final parts of the match. Gonzo wasn't happy with the umpire and didn't behave all that well. Lol at Navarro's pre-serve routine :D. Was funny, would have pissed me off as an opponent :D. Always nice to see a serve&volleyer, especially from Spain.

The Finnish commentator of course had no idea who he was and still decided to make remarks how Navarro's fave surface is clay etc... as if he'd know :D. And if he's a s&ver, I'd rather think he prefers faster surfaces, don't know though :shrug:

*snowflake*
08-26-2008, 09:41 PM
:bigclap:

I was just hoping it doesn't turn into last year's first round with Gabashvili with all the linesmen/umpire issues...

Sparko1030
08-26-2008, 09:45 PM
:yeah: Happy Fernando won but not about what sounds like an ill temper today. I hope he is in a better mood for his next match.

olimpo
08-26-2008, 09:46 PM
:bigclap:

I was just hoping it doesn't turn into last year's first round with Gabashvili with all the linesmen/umpire issues...

same here ;)

Alonsofz
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Not a good match, but what the hell :shrug:

I like when he starts to shout VAMOS, I think is good for his confidence when he wins that type of points ;)

finishingmove
08-26-2008, 09:56 PM

exactly , and the crowd was really bad too...

DhammaTiger
08-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Vamos Fernando!!!

Jogy
08-26-2008, 10:33 PM
Disgusting from the Chilean fans to support this behavior from Gonzalez and to keep on cheering when Navarro was ready for the serve and make him to delay his rythm..

And what a big asshole prick Gonzo was today again :retard: how he insulted the line judge, how womanhating he was to the chair umpire and the sissy-fits he throwed. Or did somebody see how he tried to talk to line judge and show him how to call it? :retard:

And then 4 points later he again tried the same. Asshole, Gonzo!

Or when he said to chair umpire "remember we dont have hawkeye for your mistakes" - maybe you stupid asshole jerk prick should buy glasses to see the mark better, they were all on the line :cuckoo:

somebody should told him that just last tournament he profited from a bad call, and this one was a right call

several insults, several big time violations for Gonzo

Albop
08-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Disgusting from the Chilean fans to support this behavior from Gonzalez and to keep on cheering when Navarro was ready for the serve and make him to delay his rythm..

And what a big asshole prick Gonzo was today again :retard: how he insulted the line judge, how womanhating he was to the chair umpire and the sissy-fits he throwed. Or did somebody see how he tried to talk to line judge and show him how to call it? :retard:

Or when he said to chair umpire "remember we dont have hawkeye for your mistakes" - maybe you stupid asshole jerk prick should buy glasses to see the mark better, they were all on the line :cuckoo:

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Fabio83
08-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Gonzo needs to behave better on court. In the last two years he's been an ass at times. I like him as a player and person, but his bad behavior is a little bit over the top.

If the "Vamos" were against a chilean, all my fellow countrymen would be pissed with the other player...

Fabio83
08-26-2008, 10:41 PM

I don't agree with some things he said, but we need to be more critical and objective. He needs to calm down a bit.

Still, nice win Feña ;)

KitinovRules
08-26-2008, 10:44 PM
First of all: This Navarro has one of the weirdest service motions in pro tennis. Who has seen him doing that knows , what I am talking about.
Second thing : 90% of the ad services he is doing is foot falting: Not touching the baseline, but his foot goes at least one or two inches in the deuce court.

Third : Gonzo was real asshole today. Though the particular points indeed were questionable, he shouldn't act like that. Pointing to the linesman where the line is called out is very insulting.

And fourth: Navarro Pastor should take 5 kg off . He could be good player .

Jogy
08-26-2008, 11:03 PM
The linejudge did try not looking at Gonzo, but if I would have been this linesman I would have stood up and got really mad with him.

FiBeR
08-26-2008, 11:51 PM
this navarro is by far the weakest player in the field and still gonzalez is struggling :shrug:

a win is a win but.. come on :unsure:

Albop
08-26-2008, 11:55 PM
this navarro is by far the weakest player in the field and still gonzalez is struggling :shrug:

a win is a win but.. come on :unsure:

what?

Recouderc ,Jenkins ,Cipolla ,Hernych ,Bohli ,vanek,daniel, and evans

They are all worse than navarro.

FiBeR
08-27-2008, 12:01 AM
what?

Recouderc ,Jenkins ,Cipolla ,Hernych ,Bohli ,vanek,daniel, and evans

They are all worse than navarro.

Vanek > Daniel > Cipolla > Evans > Jenkins > Bohli > Navarro > recourderc

finishingmove
08-27-2008, 12:04 AM
navarro > fish

Neely
08-27-2008, 12:43 AM
they have no manners whatsoever,.. IMO ATP should penalize players for their fans' behaviour.. someone must teach this :retard:s some manners.. this is tennis not football or mud fighting
Disagree, because it's not Gonzalez' fault if there are some people in the crowd who don't know how to behave and when it's about time to stop chanting or yelling.

The only thing which he could do, if it really became too much, is try to calm them a little bit with some gestures or even taking the chair umpire's microphone and direct a few words to them. (Similiar things are sometimes done in football stadiums when there are idiotic "fans" who could be the reason that the club gets punished.)

I know in Davis Cup there is the rule that the team can lose (or have to replay) a point due to fans' behaviour. But I would not want to introduce the same for normal Tour matches.

GlennMirnyi
08-27-2008, 12:44 AM

C'mon man, don't be unfair. He's going overboard but Gonzalez was a dick in this match.

FiBeR
08-27-2008, 01:09 AM
Disagree, because it's not Gonzalez' fault if there are some people in the crowd who don't know how to behave and when it's about time to stop chanting or yelling.

The only thing which he could do, if it really became too much, is try to calm them a little bit with some gestures or even taking the chair umpire's microphone and direct a few words to them. (Similiar things are sometimes done in football stadiums when there are idiotic "fans" who could be the reason that the club gets punished.)

I know in Davis Cup there is the rule that the team can lose (or have to replay) a point due to fans' behaviour. But I would not want to introduce the same for normal Tour matches.

it is his fault if he starts pumping himself up and raises his hands chantying "VAMOS" towards the public/audience whenever he needs their support knowing they will behave this way

Gonzalez knows what he is doing.. he has been pumping himself up and his crowd up for years now.. and specially when playing on home crowd has behaved like an ass..

He is as guilty as his crowd for backing the crowd up for their behaviour in the way he does look at them and makes them support him in such an anti-fairplay way :p or am i wrong in this? :shrug:

krakenzero
08-27-2008, 01:35 AM
it is his fault if he starts pumping himself up and raises his hands chantying "VAMOS" towards the public/audience whenever he needs their support knowing they will behave this way

Gonzalez knows what he is doing.. he has been pumping himself up and his crowd up for years now.. and specially when playing on home crowd has behaved like an ass..

He is as guilty as his crowd for backing the crowd up for their behaviour in the way he does look at them and makes them support him in such an anti-fairplay way :p or am i wrong in this? :shrug:

When you talk about Chile you're always wrong:p:p

FiBeR
08-27-2008, 01:38 AM
When you talk about Chile you're always wrong:p:p

:p it is people like you that make this statement so true:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/raulfiber/objetividad.jpg
(objectivity is utopic)

krakenzero
08-27-2008, 01:44 AM
:p it is people like you that make this statement so true:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t277/raulfiber/objetividad.jpg
(objectivity is utopic)

It's like you've known me from my whole life:rolleyes::rolleyes:... and I assume you are objective?

PS: Sorry you missed the chance to be the first to post about Capdeville's defeat:devil::devil:

ChinoRios4Ever
08-27-2008, 04:04 AM
oh come on... not again :rolleyes:

well done Feña, Navarro Pastor is a tricky opponent for him as Gonzo always have trouble vs S&V players :p

well start Feña :yeah: :devil: go deep here...

KitinovRules
08-27-2008, 06:50 AM

If I may interfere here, Navarro started to yell Vamos , Gonzo was stupid enough to follow it.

Tommy fan
08-27-2008, 07:32 AM
twice in the 4th set he was argueing with the umpire and linejudgest about some call delaying the game for a good couple of minutes.
There was a game (11th maybe :scratch:) where Navarro made a great BH pass and screamed "vamos". Gonzalez won that game after saving and in all 6-7 points he won he screamed Vamos as much as he could

I remmember those :o :o

Great match anyway

Beat
08-27-2008, 07:44 AM
first time i saw navarro play; djokovic got some serious competition in the ballbouncing department.

TheHawk
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM

somebody should told him that just last tournament he profited from a bad call, and this one was a right call

Easy, people may believe your post above is as "disgusting" as Fernando's behaviour, I'm afraid. Having said that, I see no reason to insult like this following a simple tennis match. Gonzalez's behaviour was immature, definitely, but far from being "disgusting". And without going much into the Olympic games incident, it was the umpire's decision to stop his anthics by giving him a warning.

She didn't, so he continued.

its.like.that
08-27-2008, 08:01 AM
stops Navarro? from what?

:scratch:

scarecrows
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
first time i saw navarro play; djokovic got some serious competition in the ballbouncing department.

yup, but Navarro was doing it very quickly

EnriqueIG8
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Feña could reach the quarterfinals if he plays like the Olympics.

MirageF1
08-27-2008, 05:25 PM
I am very happy Fernando made it through the 1rst round. There was a moment i was afraid Gonzalez was losing the match. But he made it anyway.

Gonzalez went a bit to far in his behaviour though...

I believe that FiBeR words about Chileans go to far. But some Argentinians got some against Chileans and the other way around aswell, so it doesnt surprise me.

Henry Chinaski
08-27-2008, 05:29 PM
the argo-chilean wars are an integral part of mtf. good stuff folks.